Deadpool PC

7.6

1. Jun 26, 2013
    Don't listen to critics this game is funny as hell. I almost died of laughing. Gameplay is normal hack n slash with upgrades. the main good thing in game is the jokes.
  2. Jul 17, 2015
    This game made me fall in love with Deadpool. ABSOLUTELY worth the rent! (I never buy single player games.)

Hilarious, incredibly fun - the only thing that took some getting used to were the quirks when it came to controls, but just like anything, you get used to them. And wow did I kick ass by the time I sent the game back. AMAZING. Play this if you have any interest in Deadpool whatsoever.
  3. Aug 12, 2013
    Below average on every level. Lazy reuse of enemies, useless upgrades, dull levels. The humour is great but wears really quick. Had high hopes for this but alas, it's just below average.

Combat is hideous with KB/B but only slightly better with a 360 pad, block and teleport are mapped to the same button so you constantly just end up swarmed by attacking enemies instead of TP'ing to safety.
  4. Dec 2, 2013
    The game Deadpool is extremely funny. Some players may find some things to be offense, just a heads up. Deadpool is a great mix of funny jokes, action packed scenes and great voice acting. There are some negative aspects to this game. One, after a few levels the game does get linear and start to become dull. The jokes and commentary pull you through with little though of being bored.The game Deadpool is extremely funny. Some players may find some things to be offense, just a heads up. Deadpool is a great mix of funny jokes, action packed scenes and great voice acting. There are some negative aspects to this game. One, after a few levels the game does get linear and start to become dull. The jokes and commentary pull you through with little though of being bored. Two, the upgrade system needs some tweaking to make it more sensible, then again being sensible isn't Deadpool's thing. Three, there are no options to edit your graphics, this really bugs me because my computer can handle much more then the default settings. Other then these few problems Deadpool is a exciting, hilarious and entertaining video game. Expand
  5. Jan 5, 2014
    Developpers deserves a 10 and Activision a 0. This game was potentially one of the best marvel game but Activision cut ressources and reduces developpement time. It was the worst crunch time of 2013.
    But even if the player need 8 hours to finish the game in normal mode. The game worth the trip, hilarious with this extravagant deadpool with normal mechanisms of a beat them all.
    Only
    Only unfinished level design, the short campaign and some bugs in IA (sometimes enemies are stuck in decor) are bad points.
    But if you can get it for a few price humor of deadpool is inevitable.
  6. May 10, 2014
    I know the game has been out a while but I just played it for the first time tonight. It's a riot! I appreciate the adult humor. Storyline is "ok", I was surprised to see other Marvel characters in this game. I got it for free & the sad part is it's a lot better then some of the newer games I've been playing lately that I did buy. The upgrade system is pretty standard I think which is aI know the game has been out a while but I just played it for the first time tonight. It's a riot! I appreciate the adult humor. Storyline is "ok", I was surprised to see other Marvel characters in this game. I got it for free & the sad part is it's a lot better then some of the newer games I've been playing lately that I did buy. The upgrade system is pretty standard I think which is a good thing. Balanced just right with enough XP to get almost everything. Expand
  7. May 27, 2014
    After playing Deadpool for hours I would say, Deadpool is one of the best superher-/antihero-games I have ever played.
    There are many funny jokes und and the story is great, too.
    Graphics and Sound is also acceptable.
  8. Sep 24, 2015
    Oh it was too funny guys you should play this game. .
  9. Jun 29, 2013
    First of all I´d like to say that I don´t understand why this game has gotten as much flack as it has. It is a perfectly enjoyable experience. It has variety and at the same time it can be a little dumbed down, however the nonstop action keeps it from going stale. The story is crazy as is to be expected (I mean cmon the director of the game is Deadpool himself). For those unfamiliar withFirst of all I´d like to say that I don´t understand why this game has gotten as much flack as it has. It is a perfectly enjoyable experience. It has variety and at the same time it can be a little dumbed down, however the nonstop action keeps it from going stale. The story is crazy as is to be expected (I mean cmon the director of the game is Deadpool himself). For those unfamiliar with Deadpool as a character the games weird plot and crazy wisecracks, juvenile humor and sexism might come off as stupid. Deadpool isn´t the brightest knife in the drawer either and as such his character is rather dense and funny, you´d be able to get quite a good couple of laughs while playing this game. As a Deadpool fan you are sure to get your moneys worth the first play through. Being a Deadpool fan myself I can honestly say I enjoyed the game to the fullest but however I am a gamer and the following points are unbiased. The graphics are not the best neither are they the worst, they are mediocre and at times they shine. Framerate can get choppy but for the most part it is smooth. The game doesn´t take itself seriously and as such the environments and the style of the game should be taken into consideration as setting the tone for what is. The game does just that. The controls are not the best since it is perfectly obvious that this is a console title at heart, with some tweaking to your bindings you can however get rather comfortable play (however not optimal).Some bindings are not allowed like the scroll wheel on your mouse (retarded if you ask me). Music is great and I personally never got bored with it and the voice acting is awesome and so is the script and lines you will hear, some effects could use some work like the guns who feel a little flat but overall the sound is better than just passable. Gameplay is what counts the most in any game and Deadpool doesn´t go out of it´s own way to try and give you much to deal with here. You will have platforming, easy puzzles, alot of hacking and slashing and shooting. The combat system is very simple so don´t expect any God of War or DMC 3 fighting here. The action is intense and fast but the choice to have a counter button on the same button as Deadpools teleport ability was a stupid move. More often than not will you teleport around when you actually want to counter an enemy like you do in Batman Arkham series. When the counter works it´s great when it doesn´t 70-80% of the time not so great you will get better the further you progress which is a slight comfort). There is no online mode and the challenges are very generic and you most likely won´t bother with them when you are done with the campaign. To play through a 2nd time and unlock everything is an option which basically only hardcore Deadpool fans will do, everyone else will put the game on their shelves and remember it for the first and only time they played it and maybe pick it from time to time to play a specific map (some parts of the story are worthy of more playthroughs because of the awede cutscenes which are so funny you just have to see them more than once).

Bottom line is that this game will be loved by the fans, enjoyed by the general public and hated on by hard felt critics and women.

As a fan I give Deadpool an 8/10 but as a gamer I give Deadpool a 6/10. Hope that these two results guide you well in your decision to buy this game. The lack of multiplayer, short campaign (6-8h) and teleport/counter button are the biggest drawbacks in Deadpool.

Regards Oktalz
  10. Jun 25, 2013
    There is nothing special about this game, nothing amazing or outstanding. BUT IT'S JUST PLAIN FUN! General hack n slash with some randomness thrown in. Just fun in its purest form, not many games like that these days without a "serious" tone to it.
  11. Jul 13, 2013
    There are lots of things in this world that I will never understand. And one of those is this game: Why it's so underrated? It's funny, it's entertaining.... It has everything a video game should have, yet it's not considered a good game. We all know that this game wasn't going to be ultra revolutionary, so WHY? I loved this game from the very start of it, and I don't think I have everThere are lots of things in this world that I will never understand. And one of those is this game: Why it's so underrated? It's funny, it's entertaining.... It has everything a video game should have, yet it's not considered a good game. We all know that this game wasn't going to be ultra revolutionary, so WHY? I loved this game from the very start of it, and I don't think I have ever laughed while playing as much as I did with Deadpool (maybe with Duke Nukem 3D...). Okay, the graphics part may not be the best, but at the end, the most important thing on a game is if you have fun or not. If you didn't have fun with Deadpool, give it another chance. Don't hate a game having played only the 5 first minutes of it, because you can only have played this far to loose the funny stuff of this game Expand
  12. Aug 23, 2013
    It is a must-have game if you are only looking for laughter. The combat becomes very repetitive and the game itself is pretty short and easy (even on hardest difficulty). The only factor that saves the game is the humour (immature) which can make you laugh a lot of times during your gameplay.
  13. Jun 25, 2013
    So far I played about 2 hours into the game and I am really liking it. Not all the jokes are funny but there are some really funny. The story is not meant to be serious it's crazy and wacky just how deadpool really is.The combat is just pressing Q and E plus some basic shooting and sometimes you add a space-bar or shift to do a strong "super-esq" attack when the momentum bar fills up.So far I played about 2 hours into the game and I am really liking it. Not all the jokes are funny but there are some really funny. The story is not meant to be serious it's crazy and wacky just how deadpool really is.The combat is just pressing Q and E plus some basic shooting and sometimes you add a space-bar or shift to do a strong "super-esq" attack when the momentum bar fills up. There is a upgrade screen you can buy more guns from there. There are 3 kinds of weapons: melee, ranged and gear. Gear is basically grenades etc. So the game is not bad I expected it to be way worse like I said the story is crazy and wacky AND not meant to be taken seriously. I would recommend buying this game on a sale since i's gonna get even cheaper. Expand
  14. Jan 2, 2014
    I've never read a Deadpool comic or better yet even appreciated the guy. But looking at a few clips I knew I would like this game. Bought the game, and wow, this is non stop action and down right hilarious. Every gut scene I always find myself laughing at how freakin' hysterical and awesome Deadpool is portrayed in this game. I will definitely be borrowing some Deadpool comics from myI've never read a Deadpool comic or better yet even appreciated the guy. But looking at a few clips I knew I would like this game. Bought the game, and wow, this is non stop action and down right hilarious. Every gut scene I always find myself laughing at how freakin' hysterical and awesome Deadpool is portrayed in this game. I will definitely be borrowing some Deadpool comics from my friend soon.

Gameplay works very well, reminds me of Batman combat system but otherwise it is still extremely fun and some of the combos and moves can be really quite interesting.

P.S.
    I recommend using a controller for this game, definitely a good feel and much more easier than the keyboard and mouse. Don't really feel is was a good port.
  15. Jul 17, 2013
    What is there not to love about this game Excellent humor... Had me in stitches for a good majority of the game. Good game play not excellent but still fun and satisfying!, for dead pools voice acting and cut-scenes alone definitely worth playing. I have watched stand up comedy no where near as funny as this game.
  16. Jun 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had good expectations on this one. It paid off. I got exactly what I expected. Gameplay is fun, Jokes are epic, this game makes me laugh most of the time. Story is good. Only thing that this lacks is putting yourself back together, getting chopped in pieces. However thanks to Deadpool I got to give this a 10! Expand
  17. Jul 1, 2013
    It is an awesome game. It has action,good graphics, and is very funny. I had a real good time playing it. Deadpool jokes are a little dump but they made me laugh like a lot. And the way Deadpool talks makes you feel like you are actually part of the game.
  18. Jul 24, 2013
    Very funny, a little dirty in jokes but still awesome, has variety of weapons and I'm liking the gameplay, its just a crazy game for crazy people like me
  19. Sep 30, 2013
    This game has allot of mixed reviews, in fact, my friends never even heard of Deadpool until this game came out, and one of them is a Marvel fanboy. I think many critics are avoiding the bad things about this game, the reasons people are giving this a good review is because "Its funny". But a game can be funny and developed perfectly... Deadpool is just funny.... and poorly developed. ItsThis game has allot of mixed reviews, in fact, my friends never even heard of Deadpool until this game came out, and one of them is a Marvel fanboy. I think many critics are avoiding the bad things about this game, the reasons people are giving this a good review is because "Its funny". But a game can be funny and developed perfectly... Deadpool is just funny.... and poorly developed. Its just another typical hash and slash game that can be completed in 3 hours. The graphics look like there from 2010 and characters presented from Marvel comics are there to say "Hi" and that's it. Deadpool keeps on nagging and nagging about perverted jokes over and over again and it gets tiring, I really wanted to smack him in the face and tell him to shut up. But yes, its funny, it gave Deadpool more fans. But lets face it: Its poorly developed. Level design is dull, Characters are repeated over and over again, and the last bosses are clones from the previous 3 bosses and like 30 clones of Sinister. The auto lock on is broken and does not work at all, so don't press the auto lock on button, ever. The ending was funny... but stupid. overall, this game would have been better, this is a only rent game if your a big comic fan. Rent game only. Expand
  20. Jun 25, 2013
    It's probably my fandom for the Deadpool character that makes me really like this game. If this wasn't a Deadpool game I'd probably give it like a 6, but oh man. This game has some of the best writing and is a great spotlight for Deadpool. All of his character is brought into this game that excel this game beyond a average action game. Everyone should of known going into this that itIt's probably my fandom for the Deadpool character that makes me really like this game. If this wasn't a Deadpool game I'd probably give it like a 6, but oh man. This game has some of the best writing and is a great spotlight for Deadpool. All of his character is brought into this game that excel this game beyond a average action game. Everyone should of known going into this that it wouldn't be a superhero game like the Arkham series, its not meant to be a superhero epic, its just a quirky, fun, $40 action title that will please Deadpool fans, but may just stay on the shelves for everyone else. Expand
  21. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is so much fun! I really like that Deadpool talks with the player and this game is just insane and it makes this game amazing! I gotta say that this game looks much much better on the PC! And i want to thank the developers for this game because not many modern games run well on my PC! If you're a moral then you shouldn't play this game
  22. Jun 26, 2013
    Well the game is funny, it has that going for it. The story is schizophrenic and kinda nonsense, but that's what you'd expect from Deadpool so that's actually fine. I would say all the points I'm giving the game are for the comedy of it, there's really not much else going for it.

Gameplay however, it's pretty basic. It's like a simplified and less smooth Devil May Cry. Nothing spectacular about it, it's not horrible either...it's just very meh. They throw a little bit of random stuff at you in the gameplay to try and keep it interesting, but it really does just fall short.

The default controls are also ridiculous for PC. The developers of this game clearly had consoles in mind. The button mapping options are also limited which is ridiculous, makes it hard for a PC gamer to get comfortable controls, if you have a gamepad for your computer you might just want to play it like a console game instead.
  23. Jul 2, 2013
    This game is just really fun. No bugs happened to me. This game makes me laugh out loud. It has some awesome moments. The gameplay is fine.This game was more fun than DMC. For anyone who is a deadpool fan it is a mustbuy. For other people, they should at least give it a shot. I did, and i havent regreted it. I don't care about graphics and stuff. This game is extremely fun. FUN IS ALL THATThis game is just really fun. No bugs happened to me. This game makes me laugh out loud. It has some awesome moments. The gameplay is fine.This game was more fun than DMC. For anyone who is a deadpool fan it is a mustbuy. For other people, they should at least give it a shot. I did, and i havent regreted it. I don't care about graphics and stuff. This game is extremely fun. FUN IS ALL THAT MATTERS. IT IS A GAME! Expand
  24. Jun 25, 2013
    Initially seemed like high moon had really messed up only half of the jokes were really any good and the gameplay seemed really sticky and not fun. Then it opened up and started sending more and more enemies. With a few upgrades the gameplay became really,really fun and they finally got good jokes. Which by the way I have not stopped laughing at and I'm 4 hours in. This is truly forInitially seemed like high moon had really messed up only half of the jokes were really any good and the gameplay seemed really sticky and not fun. Then it opened up and started sending more and more enemies. With a few upgrades the gameplay became really,really fun and they finally got good jokes. Which by the way I have not stopped laughing at and I'm 4 hours in. This is truly for deadpool fans, sweary violent breaking the fourth wall and taking the piss out of marvel characters. Don't expect this to be the best game you'll pick up this year with a story to rival the last of us that's not what this is. This is a game that is fun for the vast majority of the time you play it. Expand
  25. Jun 25, 2013
    Overall its funny game and funny play, humor is good I laughed my ass off couple time, i cant wait next Deadpool game we have Batman, Spider-man,Wolverine and many more superhero game but now we have Deadpool perhaps next deadpool game is 2x better.
  26. Jul 9, 2013
    If you played this game expecting something to blow your mind, you're in the wrong place. If you played this game to have a few laughs, a few throwback game moments, kill lots of bad guys, and hang out you're in the right place. It plays true to Deadpool humor and also has lots of cameos. If you like Deadpool as a character, you'll like the game. Just have fun.
  27. Jul 16, 2013
    The gameplay isn't going to be winning any "Game of the Year" titles anytime soon, but for the sheer outrageous storyline (if you can call it that) and the humor that Deadpool brings, the game deserves at least an 8 in my opinion.
  28. Jun 29, 2013
    Very hilarious game although with generic combat, but don't expect much. Nolan North makes a great voice-over again! The game is like talking to you instead of speaking to only the characters itself. Once again, an immature game but great.
  29. Dec 19, 2013
    I'll keep this short. While the game is not perfect or groundbreaking in many ways... it's about as entertaining as they come. And that's what gaming is all about.

They nailed the Deadpool persona and it's a blast to experience. I couldn't help but keep playing to see what was going to happen next. It's also the hardest game I've ever played (on the hardest setting) which literally

It's also the hardest game I've ever played (on the hardest setting) which literally had me screaming obscenities through my house at times... which makes it a great challenge for any gaming masochists out there.
  30. Jul 3, 2013
    The only good thing in the game is the jokes, and even they boring sometimes .the battle nice but not particularly comfortable, and the final battle of the game is very annoying at the best. Buy this game only if you like Deadpool If you like humor, and if there is discount store where you buy. and remember I pretty sure that you won't play this game more than one time.

1. PC Gamer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Swinging wildly between inspired and tedious, Deadpool is an uneven and unpredictable as its lead character. [Oct 2013, p.60]
  2. CD-Action
    Aug 2, 2013
    A generic action game that can be really funny at times (if boob jokes are your type if humour) and has some enjoyable moments. If you’re a Deadpool fan and you find this game at a discount price or borrow it from a friend, I will not discourage you form playing it. Otherwise – meh. [CD-Action 09/2013, p.52]
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Deadpool is like a crappy moonshine. It may lighten your mood for a while, but you can’t shake the gross aftertaste. And when the ending comes, you will be left with an equivalent of a bad hangover – just a couple of funny jokes plus a few severed heads.