7.6

1. Jul 9, 2013
    If you played this game expecting something to blow your mind, you're in the wrong place. If you played this game to have a few laughs, a few throwback game moments, kill lots of bad guys, and hang out you're in the right place. It plays true to Deadpool humor and also has lots of cameos. If you like Deadpool as a character, you'll like the game. Just have fun.
  2. Aug 15, 2013
    Well... This turned out to be a good game. to be it felt like a casual game something I didn't have to sit down and immerse myself into a storyline or plot and would find myself playing for an hour at a time and then sometimes for only 20minutes... I enjoyed the game it really was FUN. Isn't that how games are meant to be?

..........Yes it does suffer from flaws... but that doesn't mean

..........Yes it does suffer from flaws... but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, ignore the 63 metascore because it deserves a good 75/100
    If you have a good sense of humor you'll enjoy the game.
  3. Jun 26, 2013
    Yes I pirated this game, Its a cool funny game but I only at least buy this game for 1520 euros 50 euros is just to much, The Story is 6 hours long (From what i heard) Ive played around 2 hours its cool and its very funny but the gameplay and graphics need a lot of improvement
  4. Jun 26, 2013
    Majorly flawed but it's still worth it if your a fan of just pure hack/slash of the Devil may Cry type games. Gameplay could of been a lot better, game could of been a lot worse if it wasn't extremely well written.

Worth a go, Don't expect the world.
  5. c3p
    Nov 2, 2013
    I'm not a fan of this genre, but the "movie parts" are really fun. If you are like me a fan of Deadpool (or meta humour in general) give this game a chance, and watch a movie cut on youtube if you don't like the core game mechanics!
  6. Jun 25, 2013
    So far I played about 2 hours into the game and I am really liking it. Not all the jokes are funny but there are some really funny. The story is not meant to be serious it's crazy and wacky just how deadpool really is.The combat is just pressing Q and E plus some basic shooting and sometimes you add a space-bar or shift to do a strong "super-esq" attack when the momentum bar fills up.So far I played about 2 hours into the game and I am really liking it. Not all the jokes are funny but there are some really funny. The story is not meant to be serious it's crazy and wacky just how deadpool really is.The combat is just pressing Q and E plus some basic shooting and sometimes you add a space-bar or shift to do a strong "super-esq" attack when the momentum bar fills up. There is a upgrade screen you can buy more guns from there. There are 3 kinds of weapons: melee, ranged and gear. Gear is basically grenades etc. So the game is not bad I expected it to be way worse like I said the story is crazy and wacky AND not meant to be taken seriously. I would recommend buying this game on a sale since i's gonna get even cheaper. Expand
  7. Aug 9, 2013
    Don't expect this game to be revolutionize anything, but do expect to laugh. A lot. Deadpool is known for being insane and breaking the fourth wall. The gameplay is absolutely nothing new. It's repetitive and nothing that'll blow your mind. Waves of enemies rush at you, enemy after enemy. The upgrade system allows the player to buy new melee weapons and guns, along with player upgrades.Don't expect this game to be revolutionize anything, but do expect to laugh. A lot. Deadpool is known for being insane and breaking the fourth wall. The gameplay is absolutely nothing new. It's repetitive and nothing that'll blow your mind. Waves of enemies rush at you, enemy after enemy. The upgrade system allows the player to buy new melee weapons and guns, along with player upgrades. The player collects coins scattered across the levels. The humor is the "random" genre. Deadpool dashes from stage to stage throwing out funny puns and raunchy jokes. If you're a fan of random humor or Deadpool, pick this up. Expand
  8. Sep 16, 2013
    I'm not a big fan of Marvel so I didn't know Deadpool until this game came out.
    The trailers actually reflect the whole game, not just a part, so I'm glad I let 'em persuade me in playing this :)
    If you use a keyboard, controls are not that comfortable to use, especially during combat scenes; I believe this is not a problem on consoles or if you have a nice joypad. And I experienced
    I'm not a big fan of Marvel so I didn't know Deadpool until this game came out.

And I experienced frame drops whenever the game had to load new areas a bit heavier than normal, perhaps my PC's fault.
    These things apart, the game is pretty funny Deadpool has a fun personality that gives a huge boost to the game, surely it would have got a lower score without him and his jokes.

In all honesty, I suggest you to wait some price drop if you want to play this title. But then you'll surely have a bunch of good laughs
  9. Oct 13, 2013
    Technical Issues[10]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[7.4]
  10. Jun 13, 2014
    Good game. From the outset, the fun begins. And for what Deadpool so cheerful and funny joker, then I put 7/10. But once you get to the middle, starts full bore. All will be trite, shooting, killing, action. But it is good that the developers though gunfights added a bit of fun :)
  11. Jul 16, 2013
    One if the funniest game of the year, unfortunately it's not enough to be a good one. Lazy bosses, boring mostly, Ok combat system(on PC), leveling is interesting. So it's above average
  12. Jun 27, 2013
    The good: Fun writing despite being done by Daniel Way (his being considered by many one of the worst runs the Deadpool comic had).
    Great voice acting.
    The bad: Horrible control mapping has you using vital stuff, like teleporting or some momentum attacks, in the other side of the keyboard. Glitchy. Sometimes when trying to jump platforms you'll hit "invisible walls" and fall to your
    Great voice acting.

Glitchy. Sometimes when trying to jump platforms you'll hit "invisible walls" and fall to your death so many times it becomes frustrating.
    Gameplay itself is kinda repetitive sometimes, even for hack n slash standards.

Conclusion: Fun to see, but generic and rushed to play. You'll like to continue playing, despite it getting boring at times (the three statues part comes to mind). It's certainly not worth the full price, but do try it if you get it on a Steam sale or second hand.
  13. Jun 29, 2013
    I haven't played too much from this, but it is exactly what I expected. Pure fun, slashing shooting and all that good stuff and packed with humor. It's not a GREAT game by any means but someone who is only barley familliar with the Deadpool character I found this highly enjoyable to play. A recommendation for someone who is looking for some lighthearted fun, the progession is pretty funI haven't played too much from this, but it is exactly what I expected. Pure fun, slashing shooting and all that good stuff and packed with humor. It's not a GREAT game by any means but someone who is only barley familliar with the Deadpool character I found this highly enjoyable to play. A recommendation for someone who is looking for some lighthearted fun, the progession is pretty fun with weapons and upgrades, the fighting is not clunky and works well on a 360 pad and keyboard and mouse. Expand
  14. Jul 10, 2013
    Buy Deadpool only if you want to laugh otherwise the game mechanics, graphics etc. are mediocre at best. However the jokes Deadpool can pull off are often hilarious so technically this is a rather good licensed game which isnt worth the full price.
  15. Jul 9, 2013
    The voice acting fits Deadpool perfectly, there is a good amount of funny jokes, Deadpool momentum and specials are pretty good. But... lack of enemy variety, lack of challenge, repetitive combat, and the final level is lazy as And poor level design make this game a 6/10.
  16. Jul 24, 2013
    If there is one studio that has proven themselves quite capable of making surprisingly great games based on existing properties, it’s High Moon Studios. High Moon Studios has tackled Bourne, Transformers and now Deadpool, completing their inner circle of building off of novels, films, toys and comics. Deadpool as a character is the perfect anti-hero for a game, constantly cracking wise andIf there is one studio that has proven themselves quite capable of making surprisingly great games based on existing properties, it’s High Moon Studios. High Moon Studios has tackled Bourne, Transformers and now Deadpool, completing their inner circle of building off of novels, films, toys and comics. Deadpool as a character is the perfect anti-hero for a game, constantly cracking wise and using timely jokes that are either satirical or sardonic. He’s arguably the most comical superhero in Marvel’s entourage, so it’s amazing it took this long for someone to create a game around the self-indulgent badass.

Marvel has some of the best Canadian representation in this game. Not only will you see Deadpool but Wolverine also makes appearances throughout the story. Alongside those two, Cable, Rogue, Domino, Death and many others will join the quest to stop Mister Sinister in his diabolic cloning schemes. The story is there but isn’t coherent enough to care about. It’s actually thanks to Deadpool who specifically doesn’t listen to what’s going on around him that it kind of gets a pass. All you know is that Deadpool somehow convinced High Moon Studios to make a game around him, of course breaking the fourth wall, and he must stop Mister Sinister so the future will be safe once again. Deadpool on the other hand doesn’t care about that and only has eyes on the riches and of course, the women, so he goes on his own delusional quest.

While the core gameplay mechanics aren’t entirely the same as most common character action titles, they have stripped features from other existing franchises. The countering system is straight out of Rocksteady’s Batman games, along with the challenge maps, and the sword swinging and gun slinging combat comes from games such as Devil May Cry. While that almost sounds like a blessing, it’s not all great. For one, there are only three different melee weapons and it’s really not fluid to switch between each one during combat. Going into firing mode brings the camera closer to Deadpool’s shoulder, but keeps it there until a melee attack is swung, not to mention feels cumbersome. Platforming is also clunky but at least doesn’t punish you when something goes wrong.

Deadpool runs on Unreal Engine 3 and while the character models look crazy good, the rest of game looks plain. Even for a PC game, there seems to be an almost hazy fog that overlays the visuals from showing any vibrancy. Mix in ugly and generic looking environments with fairly idiotic artificial intelligence and you have yourself an unbalanced graphical experience. The most visually pleasing moments are the 2D animated cutscenes and they seem to be only near the beginning of the adventure.

The overall structure of combat is dry. There’s no doubting the comedy as this will have fans breaking out in laughter during multiple scenes, but moving through an uninspiring six hours of combat doesn’t help our masked anti-hero. Deadpool surely gives what his fans want, but exciting gameplay moments are too few and far between. It’s a great shame that the rest of the game isn’t up to par with the character performances as the industry needs more comical stories such as this one.
  17. Jul 25, 2013
    Graphics and the mechanics are terrible. But this isn't what makes this game a game. There are some funny in-game jokes and Deadpool is awesome. But I think that a 60 bucks product should have some work in it.
  18. Sep 21, 2013
    Activision znowu tak samo. Znowu wykorzystują popularną nazwę robiąc słabą grę aby zbić kokosy, Deadpool to świetna postać. Co prawda nie tak znana jak Spider-Man czy Wolverine, ale jest w pewnym sensie wyjątkowa. To nie do końca "bohater", to raczej "antybohater". Deadpool potrafi nas rozśmieszyć, ogólnie jest śmieszną, fajną postacią. Szkoda że na tym kończy się wszystko co jest w tejActivision znowu tak samo. Znowu wykorzystują popularną nazwę robiąc słabą grę aby zbić kokosy, Deadpool to świetna postać. Co prawda nie tak znana jak Spider-Man czy Wolverine, ale jest w pewnym sensie wyjątkowa. To nie do końca "bohater", to raczej "antybohater". Deadpool potrafi nas rozśmieszyć, ogólnie jest śmieszną, fajną postacią. Szkoda że na tym kończy się wszystko co jest w tej grze fajne. Fabuła jest słaba. Co prawda mamy tutaj Deadpoola, ale to co dzieje się wokół niego, koniec świata, kataklizm jest fatalnie wytłumaczony. Nie, nie chodzi o to że Activision miało to na celu(miało się skupić na Deadpoolu), chodzi o to że pomysł na otoczkę fabularną został zrobiony na szybko i jest tylko dodatkiem do samej postaci Deadpoola. Do tego dochodzi słaba grafika, nie z tej dekady. Bugi, nie dopracowania. Nudna mechanika walki i brak pomysłów które odciągnęły by nas od innych sto razy lepszych hack'n slashów. Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  19. Aug 23, 2013
    It is a must-have game if you are only looking for laughter. The combat becomes very repetitive and the game itself is pretty short and easy (even on hardest difficulty). The only factor that saves the game is the humour (immature) which can make you laugh a lot of times during your gameplay.
  20. Jul 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was pretty much what I expected it to be when I got my hands on it and started playing. I didn't really have high or low expectations of it, I kinda figured it was a fan service to those who enjoyed Deadpool, and such. There were some good jokes and decent humor in it which made me smile a few times, but over time the game started to lose appeal to continue playing, The variety of enemies, bosses, and levels was the biggest issue as you continuously ran through, killed everything in your path, to fight only 3 real bosses in the game (I really don't count Vertigo). And to be honest they were not the most uniquely designed or really what I would consider boss material. While the game did give you rewards for going out and exploring the level, though again after running through multiple sewer/underground based levels (even Deadpool makes a mocking comment on it) you really start to stop caring and just wanna push through to the end. Again, this game was more of a release to those who are part of the Deadpool cult right now, and I'm sure being able to play as the Merc with a Mouth, deemed this game as a instant cause to buy and enjoy. Expand
  21. Aug 1, 2013
    This game was a disappointment, the game don't rest for while. Even the combat is not good, "deadpool" just can't die but lose all health and he dies. What's good about the game is that it's funny and what's left is not good.
  22. Jan 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say, I love Deadpool as a character. Spot on in terms of humor and overall likeness to the character. The gameplay however, is very reminiscent of X-Men: Wolverine a few years ago and just like the movie based on the game, it isn't a good thing for Deadpool.

On a technical level, Deadpool isn't anything great. There were numerous times where the game completely crashed on me without any sort of error message. Subsequent patches have done nothing to resolve this issue for me. Graphics are on par with a lot of hack and slashers, with little to no color except greens and grays. You'll find yourself running around in sewers, pipes and forest-y type locations.

The story is pretty bland (even Deadpool mentions this numerous times). Bad guy has clones, you kill clones and find bad guy. Pretty much all there is to that.

X-Men favorites Wolverine and Rogue show up and when they do, they light up the screen. Cable is a big part of the story and becomes a teammate of sorts, but it seems like the writers wasted a good opportunity to couple Deadpool up with someone a little more interesting. I would have far preferred to see Deadpool team up with Wolverine taking Cable's place.

The game really shines with its humor. Deadpool comes alive magnificently on the screen with his insane persona. His witty dialogue with his inner monologue(s) act as a narration for the player, thus keeping you interested even when the gameplay doesn't. The jokes may seem crude to some gamers but it's likely they wouldn't find interested in a "Deadpool" game anyway. There's lots of fan service to the comic book crowd as there are numerous references to characters inside that universe.

This leads me to the not so great part: the gameplay. The gameplay is a huge letdown for such an excellent script. You have 4 different types of attacks: weak/stong melee, guns, and thrown explosives. Different types of enemies call for different approaches. Running into a room full of guys with guns will surely get you killed. It's also worth mentioning that there is no recovery time for Deadpool, so if you're getting hit by more than one guy, you'll register a massive amount of damage very quickly before you can hit your short range teleporter out of there. This personally killed me numerous times in the later levels. For such a skilled fighter, it's unbelievable that Deadpool's greatest defensive tactic is running around in a circle until your health regenerates. You can counter at certain moments for melee enemies but there is no regular dodge or block button. The teleport is supposed to act as this, but it can get very disorienting from using it all the time.

Progression is limited to increasing damage on three melee weapons and a few guns. Upgrades also include unlocking moves for you "Momentum", a special ability you can use through combos. And....that's about as deep the system goes. It's a hack and slash, so it's half expected. However, having a system that unlocks combos for melee attack (a la "Devil May Cry") could have broken up the monotony that is the fighting system.

Deadpool is by no means a terrible game. It is a game however that has its flaws and takes away from the excellent writing. A deeper combat system and character progression would have made this game a classic for years to come. Instead, we can only hope that High Moon learns from this for their next games.
  23. Jun 26, 2013
    Well the game is funny, it has that going for it. The story is schizophrenic and kinda nonsense, but that's what you'd expect from Deadpool so that's actually fine. I would say all the points I'm giving the game are for the comedy of it, there's really not much else going for it.

Gameplay however, it's pretty basic. It's like a simplified and less smooth Devil May Cry. Nothing spectacular about it, it's not horrible either...it's just very meh. They throw a little bit of random stuff at you in the gameplay to try and keep it interesting, but it really does just fall short.

The default controls are also ridiculous for PC. The developers of this game clearly had consoles in mind. The button mapping options are also limited which is ridiculous, makes it hard for a PC gamer to get comfortable controls, if you have a gamepad for your computer you might just want to play it like a console game instead.
  24. Nov 1, 2013
    Why do people like this game??? It's Marvel and obviously it's supposed to be a kind of 'Hero' not an 'anti-hero' video game. The ending was awful and some scenes in the game were unwatchable!!! Stay away!!!
  25. Jul 10, 2013
    the worst story i've ever heard.bad graphic like ps2.really bad textures.i gave it 5 just for its fun.in fact its value is just 2 or 3.but maybe i made amistake.because i played it after i played last of us.and it can bad in my opinion because for that masterpiece.
  26. Aug 6, 2013
    Its looks fine when you first try it, but after 1 hour playing the game start to be very boring, Its all become doing same combos to slash enemies or shoot them and you just buy/upgrade more similar weapons to do the same. The same enemies keep returning back and bosses are not so interesting either. The story is crazy and stupid in Deadpool style (and thats good) its have many funnyIts looks fine when you first try it, but after 1 hour playing the game start to be very boring, Its all become doing same combos to slash enemies or shoot them and you just buy/upgrade more similar weapons to do the same. The same enemies keep returning back and bosses are not so interesting either. The story is crazy and stupid in Deadpool style (and thats good) its have many funny scenes with crazy options you can do. The voice of characters are great and the game is fine designed, but maps have many bugs. The deadpools regeneration is same like in X-men Origins wolverine expect this time your costume is regenerating too idk is that happen in comic). Besides the game have great humor and some few good moment, Its still big step backward from the Xmen origins wolverine and its not worth spent money on it. Expand
  27. Aug 11, 2013
    This game is like a joke about the comics universe (a bad one). The parts that are supposed to make people laugh didn't make me even smile. The characters are very artificial, either about their dynamics or their impersonation.
    However, I rate 5 for the fun time. The gameplay feels like you are using cheats and damn, the killing is pretty cool. No more than this because the storyline is ridiculously boring.
    Not a memorable game: played it, had some fun, will forget it.
  28. Sep 30, 2013
    This game has allot of mixed reviews, in fact, my friends never even heard of Deadpool until this game came out, and one of them is a Marvel fanboy. I think many critics are avoiding the bad things about this game, the reasons people are giving this a good review is because "Its funny". But a game can be funny and developed perfectly... Deadpool is just funny.... and poorly developed. ItsThis game has allot of mixed reviews, in fact, my friends never even heard of Deadpool until this game came out, and one of them is a Marvel fanboy. I think many critics are avoiding the bad things about this game, the reasons people are giving this a good review is because "Its funny". But a game can be funny and developed perfectly... Deadpool is just funny.... and poorly developed. Its just another typical hash and slash game that can be completed in 3 hours. The graphics look like there from 2010 and characters presented from Marvel comics are there to say "Hi" and that's it. Deadpool keeps on nagging and nagging about perverted jokes over and over again and it gets tiring, I really wanted to smack him in the face and tell him to shut up. But yes, its funny, it gave Deadpool more fans. But lets face it: Its poorly developed. Level design is dull, Characters are repeated over and over again, and the last bosses are clones from the previous 3 bosses and like 30 clones of Sinister. The auto lock on is broken and does not work at all, so don't press the auto lock on button, ever. The ending was funny... but stupid. overall, this game would have been better, this is a only rent game if your a big comic fan. Rent game only. Expand

1. Aug 16, 2013
    Swinging wildly between inspired and tedious, Deadpool is an uneven and unpredictable as its lead character. [Oct 2013, p.60]
  2. Aug 2, 2013
    A generic action game that can be really funny at times (if boob jokes are your type if humour) and has some enjoyable moments. If you’re a Deadpool fan and you find this game at a discount price or borrow it from a friend, I will not discourage you form playing it. Otherwise – meh. [CD-Action 09/2013, p.52]
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Deadpool is like a crappy moonshine. It may lighten your mood for a while, but you can’t shake the gross aftertaste. And when the ending comes, you will be left with an equivalent of a bad hangover – just a couple of funny jokes plus a few severed heads.