DeathSpank PC

7.9

1. Oct 27, 2010
    DeathSpank, Dispenser of Justice, Vanquisher of Evil, Hero to the Downtrodden. This game has everything you may want from an RPG: unstoppable hero, mysterious red-headed beauty, the Artifact, powerful villain, terrible secret of the Purple Thongs, legendary blade and the ultimate horror - saber toothed donkey.

It (successfully) makes laugh of almost every aspect of modern RPG. And yet it

It (successfully) makes laugh of almost every aspect of modern RPG. And yet it is an excellent RPG in all its epic awesomeness. Don't miss this one, but beware of chickens.
  2. May 27, 2011
    A strong satire game with a huge pile of RPG references. While not a serious toned or complex-to-play RPG, it holds to a high level of design, which makes every quest enjoyable in its own way. As RPGs go, the game is short, but it is well polished and hilarious humor make it a great game to play relaxing during an evening gaming session.
  3. Apr 12, 2014
    Really funny RPG with Dispenser of Justice, Vanquisher of Evil and Hero to the Downtrodden, Deathspank. Beautiful graphics, nice music and funny characters and story.
  4. Jun 22, 2016
    1/3/2011: I love Deathspank. It's fun, it's witty, and it's so self-aware that it'll make your brain hurt sometimes. This game flows really well. There aren't any clunky or unwieldy elements, and you will move along merrily from quest to quest without having to do many of the annoying dungeon crawler tasks- like selling off vendor trash. The interface is sleek and the combat is intense,1/3/2011: I love Deathspank. It's fun, it's witty, and it's so self-aware that it'll make your brain hurt sometimes. This game flows really well. There aren't any clunky or unwieldy elements, and you will move along merrily from quest to quest without having to do many of the annoying dungeon crawler tasks- like selling off vendor trash. The interface is sleek and the combat is intense, and Deathspank himself may be the most awesome cliched hero tough guy ever. The only thing bigger then Deathspank's jawline is how big the dent in the floor will be after you fall over laughing. Oh and play the sequel too, since it's more of a Part 2 to this game then a sequel, per se. Expand
  5. Feb 21, 2011
    Absolutely hilarious! I have always been a huge fan of the monkey island series and have enjoyed playing DeathSpank just as much. I bought it three days ago and have played it 10+ hours since. I am close to completing the game and I'm definitely going the buy the sequel. It's a fairly short gaming experience, but then again, it doesn't cost much either. I am DeathSpank!
  6. Mar 15, 2011
    I downloaded Deathspank from Steam and found myself chuckling from game start to finish. This RPG gem is a great timewaster and certainly offers a lot of value for a low cost game. Even though the graphics are outdated I still enjoyed the cartoonish elementary school play like scenery but it was certainly the humour that kept me playing till the finish. The (2) reasons I didn't awardI downloaded Deathspank from Steam and found myself chuckling from game start to finish. This RPG gem is a great timewaster and certainly offers a lot of value for a low cost game. Even though the graphics are outdated I still enjoyed the cartoonish elementary school play like scenery but it was certainly the humour that kept me playing till the finish. The (2) reasons I didn't award Deathspank are 1: I didn't find it challenging at all...I pretty much mowed over everything that the game threw at me and 2: There was no desire to replay this game once I completed it. Overall though, I think it's definitely worth picking up and playing at least once. Expand
  7. Apr 12, 2011
    Absolutely hilarious game, have a wonderful refreshing sense of humor, and aint afraid to shot a shot or two at itself as well. The storyline is full of tongue-in-cheek humor, and just the fact that you are looking for "the artifact" is good a giggle. The combat can get a bit repetitive, but that about the only bad thing I have to say about it
  8. Apr 14, 2011

Score(8.2)
  9. Nov 19, 2011
    This game deserves all the 10/10s it can get. Hugely addictive, very funny, a great world to explore. Enjoyable gameplay mixed with compelling levelling mechanics makes this game impossible to put down for a good 15 hrs! And there are sequels, too :) Can't wait to pick up Thongs of Virtue.
  10. Jun 13, 2012
    With gameplay that parodies the Devil, with a green mood and a unique artistic design, this game can be very addictive and entertaining. DeathSpank is an action game than RPG (Role has many elements, but does not compare to none because they are too simple) and this is not all bad, makes it a simple and fun game. The graphics are very original, mixing characters and 3D maps with 2DWith gameplay that parodies the Devil, with a green mood and a unique artistic design, this game can be very addictive and entertaining. DeathSpank is an action game than RPG (Role has many elements, but does not compare to none because they are too simple) and this is not all bad, makes it a simple and fun game. The graphics are very original, mixing characters and 3D maps with 2D objects, and the voices are very good (the protagonist's voice is great) and is fully optimized. It is original in that it proposes using humor, with 12 hours for the price you have is a highly recommended purchase. Expand
  11. Jun 7, 2014
    It's basically super corny and super fun. Easy to pick up and play straight away, yet very challenging. Well worth picking up and doing a play through... or two... or three...

1. PC Gamer UK
    Jan 31, 2011
    A parody that's funny throughout. [Jan 2011, p.94]
  2. Jan 31, 2011
    If you're looking for fun, lighthearted RPG-ing with some laughs along the way, DeathSpank won't do you wrong.
  3. PC Format