- Summary: Shoot any way you'd like, with a myriad of weapons, armor, and special abilities that evolve with experience. Custom character creation means you can play as human or alien, modifying your look to become a unique citizen of the Defiance world. Fight to survive in a consistently evolving environment with regular content updates and dynamic events. Play on your own, or join tens of thousands of simultaneous live players in a futuristic San Francisco Bay Area that’s a fully-realized open world.… Expand
Jun 5, 2013It’s an addictive game that seems to become even better as you play. If it keeps getting the right support and if the tie-in with the TV series proves successful, we might have a game that will keep us occupied for a lengthy amount of time. [May 2013]
Apr 21, 2013Launching MMOs is always difficult, doing it on PC and consoles (and TV!) at the same time is almost impossible. But in the end Defiance defies early critics and lands some good punches: the smooth surfacing PvE and PvP FPS mechanics are intriguing enough to turn a blind eye on not-so-cutting-edge A.I. and visuals. Just give Trion a chance.
Apr 16, 2013Even with its blemishes, there's a lot of enjoyment to be had in the creaking world of Defiance 1.0. Its creators have banked on the "fun shall overcome" school of game design which, with exceptions, Defiance achieves. I only wish it didn't have to overcome quite so much.
Apr 15, 2013Defiance is mostly lacking meaningful connective tissue. It fails at the fundamental task of feeling like a thoughtfully designed and polished game. It fails at feeling like a world. It fails at giving you much to look forward to once you’ve realized you’ve seen most of what it’s ever going to do. You can only get so far with “it’s fun to shoot stuff”. About Defiance far.
Nov 14, 2013seems alright to me, the main reason why i got this game is because my animation teacher worked on it so i wanted to give it a try and steam was having a sale so i got it. i'd recommend it to friends but the game doesn't seem for everyone. BUT one of my favorite things about this is that if someone starts a quest near the time you do, you'll be doing it together, i fell in love with this idea. I never saw this before in a MMO but it probably has been done before. so it makes quests more fun, and you can grow on your teammates and you'll work together more. I highly recommend this game… Expand
Oct 28, 2013Not your tank/dps/healer mmo. You need skill to play as your shot goes where you are aiming at. Gear is not as important as your ability to hit the target.
Big complaint is the clumsy UI and lack of chat. Lack of chat is not bad considering you wont be exposed to chuck norris jokes or gold seller spams.
At $10 this game is a steal. Try it if you are into FPS games.… Expand
Apr 24, 2013Defiance is a good game with a lot of potential, but also many issues. All in all I would give it a 7/10.
What I like:
- Its fun to shoot things
- I haven't really seen a better MMOTPS
- PvP was pretty good until the hackers started to take over
- Arkfalls were great until the hackers started to take over.
- Great Co-Op missions
- Interesting story
- TV Show tie in (and the show is actually good!)
- No loading time unless you fast travel
- Up to a few hundred of players on screen at a time with no lag
What I hate:
- Slow patch progress
- Lack of weapon progression
- Crappy modification system
- Everything is very expensive and you can buy lockboxes using cash (so you can buy powerful gear, making it P2W).
- No working chat system
- Crappy tutorial I had to go outside the game to get into on BASIC game mechanics
- Lots of bugs, exploits and hackers
- Lots of server downtime
- Lack of incentive to PvP or PvE after you finish the main story
- Very little content. Around 50 hours to "beat" everything
- No cover or blindfire system in a TPS
If you want to find out more about Defiance, be sure to check out Lex's great Defiance guide http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136738681
Given enough time, I can see Defiance becoming a hit, as it is it's probably not worth it unless you are a huge TPS fan, or love the show (which I am).
If you can pick this up for around $30, don't hesitate but at $60, it's simply not worth it.… Expand
Apr 12, 2013I was impressed with the tie in with the series, and I had fun playing, for about an hour or two. My girlfriend played as well. First off, this game is in no way worth 60 bucks, whatsoever! I played on a console, and considered getting it for my PC. With so many superior F2P games out there, my current favorite is Planetside2. There are no EPIC battles, and no real sense of scale. It absolutely doesn't have that "WOW" factor.… Expand
Jun 5, 2014I have spent 522 hours playing this game in the past 3 months, I got to say that the game has potential, but unfortunately there's a lot of bugs within the game that make the experience completely frustrating adding the lack of quality customer service. It seems that they are more focusing in giving a copy/paste response and blame the developers which by the way will never give you any kind of response for any in game generated bug report. So basically there's no feedback if your issue is going to get resolved or not, One thing that I would like to rescue out of this game is the forums community which seems to be really strong and has more lore than what you could acquire with their developers or CS reps.
Now as a closing, all this game experience leave me with a bitter taste. Trion Worlds would be definitely a company similar to Turbine Inc but even worst.… Expand
- (129 views)