8.3

1. Aug 13, 2012
    First of all... great artwork, and a great theme and idea. Sadly, it's just poorly executed. Bad director I'd have to say.

I was very disappointed with this game, and was so looking forward to it. It had great reviews, and an interesting looking trailer, so I'm not sure why I disliked it so much. The voice acting was OK, but the director of the sound wasn't too good. It's as though they didn't have a firm understanding of the English language, or the context of the words they were speaking. Where some lines were questions, they spoke them as statements and vice versa.

I think the biggest problem was that I didn't like the main character. Generally, he simply wasn't a nice person. I didn't see anything at all that made me want him to succeed in his quest. Imagine Guybrush Threepwood, who only wanted to save Elaine because she was hot and could get him to an Island full of riches... that's it. Now imagine him screwing over every single person on his way, and having no likeable characters. No Wally, no Haggis McMutton, no Murray, heck, no LeChuck!

Plot holes, loop hopes, and plenty of bugs. I managed to activate the same cut-scene 4 times, each showing me succeeding at a particular moment in the game. At one point, German subtitles appeared, and at another point, the main character spoke a series of sentences, rather than the correct one, showing that the audio file wasn't correctly edited.

Point and click adventure games are all about the puzzles, and these were just messy. No real direction. I took a break from it for a day, came back to it and had no idea what I was doing. I managed to start a conversation with a man, asking for help on a puzzle I managed to finish a few hours previously. Luckily they had a 'skip' button for many of the most bizzare puzzles, but in all honestly, the majority of the time I just used a walk-through, and that's unheard of for most games I've played through, and I usually try not to, but some of these were so complicated and strange, that I had the choice of trying every possible combination of objects in my inventory with objects or just use a walkthrough. There was very little in the way of logic.

The most disgusting thing was that the game just ends. Again, take Monkey Island for example. Imagine the game just stopping half way through, with no result with a "The End...?"

I will not be buying the second game, and am so angry that I bought this one. It confuses me so much that it's getting such great reviews. I grew up on point and click games, so as I said at the beginning, I am so disappointed.
  2. Oct 31, 2013
    Tries to follow on from the old Lucasarts adventures and to a large extent succeeds, sadly the jokes are a little too obvious at times. But it's good harmless point and click fun with well defined characters.
  3. Mar 18, 2013
    Great voice acting, nicely drawn environments, entertaining jokes and a story that got me hooked. I can't wait to play the second part of it. Full score.
  4. Dec 2, 2013
    Pros:
    -Beautiful art style
    -Quirky characters Cons: -Solutions to puzzles can be very farfetched which, while keeping in context with the game, still makes it hard for some (like myself) to figure out how to solve them. -Main character can get annoying -You have to pay really close attention to dialogue because there are often hints where you may not expect them to be. Conclusion:
    Pros:
    -Beautiful art style
    -Quirky characters
    Cons:
    -Main character can get annoying

Conclusion: I really want to like this game more than I did. I like the world and I like the tone of it but the frustration of the puzzles had me seeking walkthroughs more than I'd like to admit. I would suggest playing the game with a notepad. Taking notes on every little thing you see and every little thing the characters say because usually there is a hint contained in them.
  5. Jan 17, 2013
    Really fun game with lots of humor and tricky puzzles to solve. If you like point and click games and what a challange, this is a game that I can highly recommend.
  6. Sep 19, 2013
    I thought this game was a breath of fresh air. The point'n'click adventure genre has been dead for quite a while, but here we have Deponia which is nothing more and nothing less than a solid entry to the genre.

There are a quite a few of things to like here. The graphics are classic cartoony 2D done great, the setting is great, the humour is funny (although lame points exist), the UI works well, even the plot is fun to follow and has a nice spanner in the works near the end. Most importantly, although this one's hardly a nosebleeder, is that the game doesn't spoonfeed you everything. Granted, this is always been a significant part of the genre, but games of today are have made me wary. That's not to say that the game leaves you hanging, it just tells you what to do in subtle ways.

One thing I'm feeling weird about is voice acting. Everyone else seems to do a decent job, but the main character just sounds... offbeat. Then again his personality is that of a jackass, so I'm assuming that's at least partially intentional. Some of the robo voices in this game are hilarious too. My first impression with some of the music tracks was that they felt a bit out of place too, but in the end I actually ended up liking them a lot.

As for the bad things... there isn't really anything outstanding. The game is maybe a bit short, but given the genre I'll let that slide. Perhaps the biggest flaw of it is that there are simply too few interactable flavour items AND actual quest items. The ones you have see plenty of use. This is something I'd normally think of as an indie dev issue, but it's not really like the other elements in the game suffer from this.

Deponia is a game filled with soul, that any fan of the point'n'click genre should try out. It's not as good as the classics, but who says it has to be?
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    Pretty, fun & interesting game. It can easily compete with the classics. The puzzles were quite logical so I only had to look in the walkthrough once. Highly recommended!
  8. Aug 7, 2013
    I have found that I have loved this game. As the trailer suggests, it's kind of like money island both in the cartoon animation (more so in reference to the third game) and it's also a world based on cartoon physics too.

The jokes in this are very funny and even though the character is a egocentric character who cares only about himself, he does get beaten up a lot so you do kinda warm up to him, plus you do get a sense that there is more to his personality than meets the eye.

It has a very Monkey Island feel to it, more so the third monkey island due to it being a 2d animation game which are rare nowadays, but Daedalic Entertainment have been bringing them back and well worth chasing after if you want a fun and entertaining adventure game.
  9. Oct 3, 2013
    Surprised that anyone would really have a problem with this game. I think there's been enough videos and summary available to steer people clear that didn't enjoy the sort of characters and game play/humor this game offers. The game is silly, it's absurd and the main character is a deadbeat and arrogant. However I think Rufus redeems himself, especially later in the series. He fightsSurprised that anyone would really have a problem with this game. I think there's been enough videos and summary available to steer people clear that didn't enjoy the sort of characters and game play/humor this game offers. The game is silly, it's absurd and the main character is a deadbeat and arrogant. However I think Rufus redeems himself, especially later in the series. He fights dirty, but for good reasons. Expand
  10. Nov 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One could arguably dub this as a steam punk Monkey Island. The game is building on humor, unconventional, but still more or less reasonable solutions to puzzles and loads of dialogue to create and maintain the atmosphere.
    Even though the main character is an obnoxious egomaniac this didn't disturb me much since they made it clear in about the first 10 seconds of the game. The other characters are fairly good with a few exceptions I found Toni a bit overdoing her part (seriously there is no reason behind giving home and food to your ex who you utterly hate from the bottom of your heart in my book) and the secretary in the Mayor's office is getting annoying fairly quick.
    I was a bit disappointed with the fact that the main game was taking place in the town and the other two scenes went really fast once you got there, but the story ran smooth and had its moments (even though quite predictable in general).
    The artwork deserves some extra praise it is really well executed and the music is pretty good too. If you like adventure games and you are into steam punk (or at least one of the two) then by all means do pick up this game and keep in mind that there are a few others in the series. A few others that I am now interested to try as well.
  11. Jun 29, 2014
    A perfect start of what would be the perfect trilogy if it wasn't for the ending. The three games are great, the characters, the story, the art, the puzzles... But be ready to feel completely devastated in the end of all of it.
  12. Dec 7, 2014
    Sus puzles, su humor y su trabajado aspecto gráfico me hace recordar las aventuras gráficas de hace 20 años. Solo he tenido la ocasión de jugar a la primera parte de esta trilogía pero no me ha defraudado en absoluto. Muy entretenido, lo recomiendo.
  13. Aug 30, 2012
    Great story, characters, graphics and sound. The problem with this game is that the puzzles are too confusing, with no logic in them, i was really enjoying this game but at some point i was just tired and stopped to care.
  14. Dec 27, 2012
    I have very mixed feelings about this game. There were some parts of the game that were genuinely funny, which was the goal of the developer of this comedy-based adventure game. There were some puzzles that were really fun and challenging. Unfortunately, there are some major problems in this game that made me consider abandoning it at several points. Some of the puzzles try to be cute andI have very mixed feelings about this game. There were some parts of the game that were genuinely funny, which was the goal of the developer of this comedy-based adventure game. There were some puzzles that were really fun and challenging. Unfortunately, there are some major problems in this game that made me consider abandoning it at several points. Some of the puzzles try to be cute and absurd rather than logical, which make them hard to solve other than trial and error. There are some puzzles where the cue to the player is not obvious enough. There are also parts of the game where it is not clear what you are supposed to do next. For example, in many adventure games if you talk to characters in the game, they will tend to point you toward your next task. The characters in Deponia will tell you tons of jokes and wierd stories (I clicked through a lot of it), but 90% of the dialog has nothing to do with helping you finish the game. There are some out-and-out bugs, including a minigame that was flat broken. I used a walk-through more for this game than any other I have ever played (that includes Myst, Riven, Siberia I/II, Machinarium, The Longest Journey, etc). The hero of the story was a little too detestable to be funny. The artwork, style, and creativity were all there for this to be an excellent game, but somehow the developers did not learn from other great games of this genre. The result is a disappointment. Expand
  15. Aug 9, 2012
    The twist-filled story takes its off-beat characters all over trash planet Deponia, a unique game world!. The game shines when it comes to humor and has great in depth gameplay and storytelling. Puzzles are greatly amusing and shown with a lot of feelgood comments. Topgame!
  16. Nov 26, 2012
    I have heard a lot of hype about Deponia and bought it blindly during Autumn sale for very cheap. But the true is game fully worth it's full price. It bring back that feeling of old good quests from 90 's. I haven't played quests for a decade because any new one I have touched sucked. Deponia (and Machinarium) are rare exception from that rule. While game is not totally perfect, it's aI have heard a lot of hype about Deponia and bought it blindly during Autumn sale for very cheap. But the true is game fully worth it's full price. It bring back that feeling of old good quests from 90 's. I haven't played quests for a decade because any new one I have touched sucked. Deponia (and Machinarium) are rare exception from that rule. While game is not totally perfect, it's a bit too short for my taste and have few minor issues. If you ever liked quests, don't miss Deponia series. If you never played quests before, try Demo to get in love with it! Expand
  17. Dec 1, 2012
    This game had me hooked from start to finish. I found it very reminiscent of the classic Lucas Arts adventure games, more so than any other game I have played in years. The great humor, wacky characters, imaginative, detailed environments, and inventive puzzles make this a game that no adventure fan should miss. I for one can't wait for Rufus' next adventure.
  18. Aug 6, 2012
    When I play this game... i really felt like my days when i played Monkey Island.... For a "point and click" game, it's a good product: Good sence of humor, nice character development, the music it's sticky and well done, and the history It's short but fine.

Something than I didn't like in this game is the ending... ok, it's fine, but it's very abrupt, you never thought than THAT were the final of the game. And some glitches on the movements and the voice, but nothing more...

It's a good game to play, and the puzzles are very funny to release.
  19. Oct 6, 2012
    An adventure game about a simple man, with grand ideas, trying to get odd a trash heap of a planet. Mostly fun game, some odd puzzles (although it'll let you skip the hard ones if it's doing your head in). The humour works very well for a german game translated into english. Bit like a less funny, sci fi version of monkey island ish.
  20. Aug 8, 2012
    A breath of fresh air in point-and-click 2D adventures of this year on PC after failure of Yesterday and Chains of Satinav (for me at least). Good plot, nice alive characters. Though protagonist have strong resemblance with Guybrush Threepwood in different setting for me it was just a bit nostalgic and fit the mood perfectly but some might say that is a ripoff.
  21. Aug 8, 2012
  22. Jun 7, 2013
    Unlikeable characters, a plot that fluctuates between sarcastic and deadly serious, and puzzles that can only be solved through brute force item combination. This game has a few good moments, but not many.
  23. Jun 14, 2013
    I want to like Deponia, I really do. It’s got a lot going for it. Colourful cartoony graphics, and wacky humour should make for a solid point and click adventure. Two gaping holes however, made me give up in frustration.

What starts with some decent puzzles and clear storyline in the first act leads into a shambles of a second act. I found myself wandering around a town with no idea what I was trying to do, clicking random inventory items on everything in sight. Wake someone up? Brew coffee? Find a lockpick? Who knows? Of course, I don’t expect a game to lead me by the hand, but when I have to read a walkthrough to even know where I’m going, let alone what to do, then something is wrong.

The second problem is that the main character, Rufus, is fundamentally unlikeable. He’s mean, lazy, rude, and downright unpleasant to be around. The kind of person who in real life you’d do anything to avoid being near.

I gave up after an hour or two. Maybe it gets better, but who knows? I’m got better games to play that don’t involve following a complete jerk around while he purloins random garbage.

Verdict: not worth it unless you really, really, need a point and click fix.
  24. Dec 20, 2012
    Seeing the current critic score of 74 makes me wonder what all these people are thinking. I know, you could say, read all the reviews and find out, but I know this game is not that bad. And some terrible games are rated a lot higher. Go figure. This game wins my award for funniest tutorial (and a lot more) , which is especially good to see considering many games have terrible humor. ISeeing the current critic score of 74 makes me wonder what all these people are thinking. I know, you could say, read all the reviews and find out, but I know this game is not that bad. And some terrible games are rated a lot higher. Go figure. This game wins my award for funniest tutorial (and a lot more) , which is especially good to see considering many games have terrible humor. I guess metacritic is developing a rotten tomatoes syndrome. Laugh while you can. Expand
  25. Dec 29, 2012
    while playing Deponia, i got back to my first adventure game experiences such as Broken Sword and Monkey Island. It has a great artwork, amazing humours and very funny dialogues. I was expecting it would last longer but it ended in a relatively short time. Fortunately it continues with a second game.
  26. Jun 16, 2013
    A good, not great Adventure Game. To avoid the tedium of pixel-hunting, you can hold down the spacebar to reveal all interactive items on screen. This alone makes the experience worthwhile over similar games.

Where it comes up short is the main character is a total douche bag. The supporting characters are either nonsensical or annoying. It's hard to embrace a story without any likable characters.

Voice acting, art design and puzzles are all good to great.
  27. Dec 29, 2012
    Almost worthless. I won't talk much about the graphics, it's nice looking, but there is a serious lack of animation, obviously because of the low budget. What really is the problem is the story, which is blend and miserably like the main protagonist. Some people might like playing as unlikable prick, but I just couldn't stand him. The payoff is that everyone else hates him, but that's justAlmost worthless. I won't talk much about the graphics, it's nice looking, but there is a serious lack of animation, obviously because of the low budget. What really is the problem is the story, which is blend and miserably like the main protagonist. Some people might like playing as unlikable prick, but I just couldn't stand him. The payoff is that everyone else hates him, but that's just not enough for me to spend such a long time with this guy. It's also pretty short and the ending is a real insult. Few minor problems with misplaced subtitles (happens quite often) and sometimes crazy solution to a problem or pixelhunting. That, sadly, is a tradition to adventure genre.

Overall, I suggest avoiding it. Adventure games are played because of the story and this one just isn't good enough, plus the hallucinating moron as a "main character".
  28. Aug 11, 2012
    A truly fantastic game that made me love point and click puzzles once more, after such a long time. I was at first hesitant to try this game, but once I started it, the humor and character voices just won me over, as well as the interesting and well placed/designed puzzles. It wasn't too hard, as well as not too easy and obvious to the player, so there is a fine balance that keeps youA truly fantastic game that made me love point and click puzzles once more, after such a long time. I was at first hesitant to try this game, but once I started it, the humor and character voices just won me over, as well as the interesting and well placed/designed puzzles. It wasn't too hard, as well as not too easy and obvious to the player, so there is a fine balance that keeps you addicted to this title to the end. Pros: amazing animation, graphics, design of the levels, humor, character voices, unique responses of the character to each thing you do. Cons: a few bugs I encountered, like English subtitles suddenly switching to German for a brief moment, animations bugging out to the point where a game restart is required, a few characters had really loud voices. It's nothing too serious to ruin game-play.
    Try this game, you won't regret it!
  29. Aug 13, 2012
    I have not enjoyed an adventure game like this in years. The artwork is beautiful and the voice acting is superb. The story keeps you on the edge of your seat trying to progress to the next chapter every time. The main characters humor is constant and around every turn you'll find your self laughing at the simplest things. I would recommend this game to anyone who reads this and I haveI have not enjoyed an adventure game like this in years. The artwork is beautiful and the voice acting is superb. The story keeps you on the edge of your seat trying to progress to the next chapter every time. The main characters humor is constant and around every turn you'll find your self laughing at the simplest things. I would recommend this game to anyone who reads this and I have showed this game to my friends and they all agreed it was great. Expand
  30. Aug 16, 2012
    This was just a fun game. Funny, great art, fun puzzles, and with all the twists and turns in the story, it keeps you in suspense. This was a random pick up for me and i was pleasantly surprised.
  31. Aug 20, 2012
    A truly enjoyable and engrossing game that I can only describe as a modern steampunk Monkey Island. This game is truly underrated and I for one and greatly looking forward to the sequals as well as my next playthrough.
  32. Dec 29, 2012
    I spent lots of hours playing to this game, but the solutions were so twisted and absurd, that it became simply unplayable. Even following the walk-through, it was still hard and tedious; I had to hit constantly alt+tab to check almost every action, because there wasn't an overall logical explanation. Just check, if you don't believe me, the solution to "Part I", mission "Make espresso".
  33. Aug 24, 2012
    Well, that was hilarious. Incredible artwork and great characters. The puzzles make no sense at times but that only made them funnier, the bit with the post office cats (cats operating the postage system, you what?) and the bubble wrap was especially hilarious. The main character was interesting enough, the biggest egoist around but strangely likable and with the best stupid grin ever.Well, that was hilarious. Incredible artwork and great characters. The puzzles make no sense at times but that only made them funnier, the bit with the post office cats (cats operating the postage system, you what?) and the bubble wrap was especially hilarious. The main character was interesting enough, the biggest egoist around but strangely likable and with the best stupid grin ever. Only downsides for me were a couple of strange bugs and a massive memory leak (experienced the same with Chains of Satinav) along with the music that felt a little generic, but that all wasn't very bothersome. I really hope to see a sequel as the ending was a little inconclusive. Great game, really enjoyed it. Expand
  34. Aug 28, 2013
    OVERALL: Liked it. Recommend. 7.4/10.
    OVERALL: Liked it. Recommend. 7.4/10.
    WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: two main thing. The game is still a little buggy (unpolished): for example, there a some puzzles which after you complete them, will not move you further in the story. This happened to me twice, and second time was unacceptable (happened when i completed the puzzle with railroad track manipulation) the movie played, but after the movie sequence played all the way through, my rail-cart returned back to the garage instead of moving on in the story to the next area. I had to to initiate the puzzle 4 times, and on the 5th, after the movie played my cart moved on. Lame. Second thing which bugged me all the way through the game was the issue with sound, which is a minus to the American translation/sound design crew, and probably not to the German developers of the game. The sound sequences are not normalized in terms of sound level sometimes the main character's voice is barely audible, while the "police" voice-overs really hurt my ears. So, even though the translation is nice, there was no final mixing i assume? A job 80% done. Come on. Also, some of the sound effects were annoying to the extent of a tooth-aching pain!
    WHAT I LIKED: Loved the art although it could have been deeper and better, given more detail would be added. Still cartoony (Oblongs-Style), happy, hand-drawn style. Enjoyed it a lot. Humor so, since this is a German game, i did not expect much, however, in terms of translation, and humor this game come pretty solid, and even though you will not fall down from the chair in spasms of laughter, the game will make you smile. Story a good projection of an ancient science fiction theme (don't want to spoil anything for people who are yet to play this game, but if you read, you will find references to several popular themes of current writers and writers of the past). Puzzle-wise a Normal difficulty (i've played quite a few adventures, and cannot say Deponia is a mind-twister, and it does not make you do some irrational things). Also, a ton of dialogue in this game; some pretty funny, some not very, but all pretty well-written. Characters: some characters are just thumbs up! Lonzo is my favorite one! Amazing voice-acting!
    RECOMMEND to any adventure lover and a newbie who enjoys a walkie-talkie and a good smile.
  35. Dec 24, 2013
    Deponia is a nice adventure game about a man in a "rescue" quest, sort of. It really starts fun, but the game loses its pace at some points, and you can really see (and miss) the brilliance behind the Monkey Island series.
    The graphics are good, cartonish and the text is fun, but sometimes it's really over-the-top and loses the point, but in all, it's a good game for orphans from Monkey Island like me.
    I would advice buying it only in a discount. The game isn't that nice to waste a lot of money on
  36. Mar 10, 2013
    My overall feeling with Deponia is.... disappointment.
    My overall feeling with Deponia is.... disappointment.
    You know when you WANT to like something I had that feeling when I started Deponia. The first hour or so I was amazed by the enviroment. The sounds and voice work seemed strange, but I like em anyway. The artwork is great, which helped keeping me imersed on the game but, the flaws started to came up. First of all, I fell tempted to mute the game everytime an Organon was speaking. Their voice work is hedious. Second, the puzzles are, in general, bad. Some of them don't have a sense of logic. The pace of the game might seem allright at the beggining, but then you realize it's actually kinda....random. I personally didn't think that the game is very intuitive, which makes it harder for the player to guess what to do next. Of course, it's a point and click, there can't be that many places to go and you can just high light the interactable objects, but, still, it should be more intuitive sometimes. The biggest flaw in my opinion is that our hero isn't very likeable. If I coment futher on this matter, I'l have to mark it as spoiler.

Anyway, even though I'm giving this a 5, Deponia is a fun game and it's worth to be bought on a steam promotion or something like that. I probably paid 5 bucks, and it was worth every penny. I just wouldn't spent more on it. I bought the sequel and if it has a third release (I believe is a trilogy) I'll buy it too, but also on promotions and ony if they work on the issues that make this game a bit ordinary in every aspect.
  37. AWG
    Aug 14, 2013
    Deponia looks and sounds like it REALLY wants to be the next Monkey Island... failing. Characters are either uninteresting or unpalatable and the story is pretty unoriginal. Some puzzles are very good but the hardest thing in the game is to bear the tons of useless, witty dialogues that have nothing to do with the story.
  38. Nov 8, 2012
    The nice graphics and interesting setting don't make up for lack of atmosphere, mediocre writing and an annoying protagonist whom nobody, including you, likes.
  39. Nov 15, 2013
    This game looked really interesting at first glance, but I have to say it didn't live up to my expectations. After about 2 hours of playing I find I'm not really attached to any of the characters, none of the jokes have been funny, and the animation, while initially appealing, has lost its shine.
  40. Aug 9, 2012
    This game is amazing. It feels like a modern monkey island and a breath of fresh air to even have a point and click adventure game. But actually I thought this game was more towards like pink panther passport to peril, which is a good thing. I loved that game!

Pros: Modern, cartoony artistic style that fits in with the game Story build up is wonderful and there is going to be a sequel

Pros:
    Modern, cartoony artistic style that fits in with the game
    Story build up is wonderful and there is going to be a sequel so I can't really judge just one game.
    The puzzles had a mix a mix of difficulty. Mostly easy, though wish it was harder. The dialog is funny and always makes you think of Guybrush or pink panther. I loved the voice overs (English version) the voices totally fit the characters.

Cons: There are two things that bother me but not by much.
    Audio balance was wrong with the guys in the mask. They were much to loud for anything else.
    Animation at some times looked rush and horrible. But other times were beautifully done. 9/10

P.S: I never do reviews, this game is special and deserves one even if you think my reviews sucks.
  41. Aug 14, 2012
    Fantastic game. I've been playing for at least 5 hours and loving it.

Pros: Art, Dialogue, Creativity, Fun Puzzles, etc The game is just great, one of the best point and click adventure games i've played besides the classics. Cons: Two major gripes! Not enough items to make it harder. Remember in Monkey Island how there were a ton of items, some were useless, some were to be
    Fantastic game. I've been playing for at least 5 hours and loving it.

Pros:
    Art, Dialogue, Creativity, Fun Puzzles, etc

Cons: Two major gripes!
    Not enough items to make it harder. Remember in Monkey Island how there were a ton of items, some were useless, some were to be combined several times etc. In Deponia, the puzzles are fine, but the items are fairly limited and it makes the guesses far easier. I think the searchable areas could have been a bit less linear. We should have been able to go to the town AND mine area at the start and have intertwine the puzzles and items between both locations - this would have made the game harder, and more items in your inventory.
  42. Aug 19, 2013
    To start, the game has nice graphics. That is the only reason it doesn't get a zero. The main character is a disgusting jerk. I have never played a game with such an unlikable protagonist in all of my years of gaming. I played for about an hour, and just could not take his personality. Why somebody would want to make a character so horrible is beyond me. I suggest that you never buy this game.
  43. Dec 22, 2014
    This game has wonderful graphic. And thats it. Puzzles are sometimes illogical and quite hard. That might be my problem only, I am lazy thinker ;)
    Story is pretty boring and is not very well motivating player to advance. The worst thing is main character, so unfriendly and unlovable guy...
  44. Feb 8, 2013
    Well, what can i say... The game is good... but nothing above this. The art is good, but still the animations are not very fluid. The puzzles are so so... i mean, i guess unbalanced. Sometimes, as for many games in this genre, i couldn't get the reason why something should merge with something other... Some other times the answer was way too easy. The ambient is well thought, still notWell, what can i say... The game is good... but nothing above this. The art is good, but still the animations are not very fluid. The puzzles are so so... i mean, i guess unbalanced. Sometimes, as for many games in this genre, i couldn't get the reason why something should merge with something other... Some other times the answer was way too easy. The ambient is well thought, still not innovative nor particularly enjoyable. The general feeling was of, sadly, boredom. i was repeating to myself over and over, "oh! one other clichè!".
    The story it's a bit messy. I just feel the things where going on whitout really caring.
    Also, i couldn't avoid a thought: The music is uninspired and ugly. If only music could be better, the game would have been better too.
    I would have rated this 6, but i believe this game could still be enjoyed more by others, for the mere fact, for example, that influences of great games of the past are present. The main character and the kind of jokes, resembles those of Guybrush Threepwood and his legacy... Not quite at that level, but still: nice effort. Sometimes you smile... i mean, you don't really lough (except once, for me). You smile.

it's a 7 for me
  45. Oct 9, 2012
    The game looks good and overall is an enjoyable play. It took out much of the frustrating aspects of point and click games (you can double click to instant travel to many places in the game, 95% of the objects in the game are used at some point, no challenges involve a time limit even when it seems like it should, etc). It shows how a point and click can be very simple; however, it alsoThe game looks good and overall is an enjoyable play. It took out much of the frustrating aspects of point and click games (you can double click to instant travel to many places in the game, 95% of the objects in the game are used at some point, no challenges involve a time limit even when it seems like it should, etc). It shows how a point and click can be very simple; however, it also takes away the very thing that really makes these types of games unique: trivial discoveries. There are a handful of things that you won't need to interact with, but it still is far short of the standard assortment of useless objects to observe and play with that I expected. It takes away from the humor and from the puzzles too. When you walk in a room and only 2-3 things can be interacted with it really simplifies any puzzles in that location. This game felt more like a light version of what a point and click should be. I still enjoyed it, and by the end I realized that it had a more than decent story to it. It could have been much better though. Expand
  46. Nov 30, 2014
    Ein tolles Spiel mit liebevoll designten Charaktären und Locations. Perfekt für ein paar lustige Stunden vor dem PC. Auch wenn einige zu lösende Aufgaben nicht ganz einfach sind, ist es definitiv machbar! Alles in allem ein klasse Spiel.
  47. Dec 11, 2014
    I'm going to take a seriously different approach to this review since most people complain about the ending and the main character(Rufus).

-Rufus isn't a horrible, hes just quite frank a blubbering idiot, who is full of himself and does the right thing when it counts he was never an angel, but this makes him a more realistic character, who did the right thing in the end -the game is

-the game is beautiful and has a great art-style
    -the story was a bit lacking in this one
    -The ending was unsatisfying because they were planning to make a sequel, so they wanted to leave the game open ended
    -The Puzzles were ridiculously hard to solve, but do-able and you eventually get used to figuring them out(some puzzles had an auto solve option)

1. Nov 6, 2012
    There's a bit of personality and charm in this adventure, but it still lacks a beating heart under the façade of hilarity and bright colours.
  2. Oct 30, 2012
    A good start for the Deponia trilogy, this title has many cards in its sleeve but suffers for its indecision between the old and new approach to game adventure genre.
  3. Oct 15, 2012
    The only think we can ask for is a sequel. Recommended for everyone interested in the genre, with great puzzles and sense of humor. It offers a classic, challenging gameplay, which should be enough to keep fans of the adventures games playing till they finish it.