8.5

1. Nov 14, 2013
    Unplayable piece of crap with no patch in sight.
    Unplayable piece of crap with no patch in sight.
    Apparently it was too hard for the developers to just take DE:HR and change the boss battles and add new game They had to take some kind of pre-release version of the game, add new features to it and then release it just like that. The director's cut was advertised as a simple update so I never expected this. Imagine my surprise when what I got was 10 fps gameplay with bugs everywhere and graphics glitching.

The worst thing is that there has been very little feedback from developers about this. Surely a few weeks would suffice to just fix bugs they already fixed in DE:HR(!). Only paid 4€ for this but boy do I regret it.

I never asked for this
  2. Dec 11, 2015
    The vanilla DX:HR is perfect, but the Director's cut is so buggy it stutters from time to time, and some textures are missing. The golden glow in the original game is gone also : /

1. CD-Action
    Jan 10, 2014
    If you haven’t played the original edition, prepare for one of the best stealth/shooter games of recent years and above all a really good story and incredible music. [01/2014, p.65]
  2. PC Gamer UK
    Jan 6, 2014
    Still dark, cool, beautiful, smart substantial, funny, creative and endlessly entertaining. Only now a bit better. [Jan 2014, p.88]
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 28, 2013
    An excellent update that revitalises Human Revolution in a number of ways. Time to play it again. [Jan 2014, p.78]