8.5

1. Feb 28, 2014
    Absolutely Amazing, The directors cut is a worthy 10/10. Menu layout, Responsiveness, Graphics the whole thing is a gem. I would recommend it for any true fan and newcomers to this classic of our generation.
  2. May 21, 2014
    I honestly can't believe it took me this long to finally play this game. 25 hours of Pure Awesome! While not immaculate one can't argue that it's simply spectacular.

The story starts out great, but i felt my interest dwindle a bit during the halfway mark. Fortunately the climax of the game re-grabs your attention with one immense swoop. There are also some peculiar life lessons to be learned from the story; should you pay careful attention to it. I'm not a big fan of the way you choose one of the multiple endings, but it's still elegantly done to portray them well enough. I will say no more for fear of spoilers; but the story is surely satisfactory and fitting.

Graphically, the game is impressive. Despite some minor shadow and texture glitches I've noticed that are, for the most part, unnoteworthy, Deus Ex: Human Revolution succeeds in throwing you into a beautiful and highly believable futuristic world, taking place in 2052. It also ran very smooth on my slightly above-average rig, so it appears to be well optimized.

The soundtrack is fitting and decent enough. Some guns sound a bit quirky to me and more modern-aged than futuristic, but its still satisfactory and not really that noticeable.

Gameplay is immensely fun to fool around, just remember to quick save often. I chose the stealthy way to play, since the combat can be quite challenging, especially on a higher difficulty. The augmentation system is so much fun, choosing to be a either hacker and let robots and turrets do most of the work, or to be stealthy and sneaky and take enemies out one by one, or even upgrade armour and health so you can take enemies on Mano-el-mano. Nevertheless, by the end I had nearly all augmentations implemented and could choose any one I preferred.

Map layouts are very dynamic and there are always multiple ways to choose in an area, as long as you're perceptive enough to find them. Although somewhat an open-world game, it does feel mostly linear with only a few detours to take if you choose to do side-missions. Luckily side-missions are quite original and they somehow managed to integrate most of them even into the main campaign.

Characters aren't all as memorable as one would like them to be, but the main ones that matter do appear to have some distinguishable features. Voice acting is good, although your character sounds like he just choked on water or swallowed a fly each time he speaks, it does make him sounds quite bad-ass.. in a Batman sort of way. A gloomy voice indeed.

In conclusion, if you have waited as long as I have to play this, do yourself a favor and buy it already. Once you get into this game, you really can't stop playing until the end. It takes you on a great futuristic ride that makes you question your own moral decisions in a way that's quite compelling. I highly recommend Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
  3. Dec 27, 2013
    DX:HR is one of the best games ever created and the director's cut makes it better still. The yellow tint is gone, the addon is seamlessly implemented into the game and you get some extra features, like being able to replay the game while retaining the augmentations from another playthrough.

There's a problem with the default configuration that causes performance issues. It can be fixed by changing two registry entries, so I guess the game is one patch away from being as perfect as a game can be.
  4. Jan 31, 2014
    TL;DR at the end

Well well, what can i say? I LOVE THIS GAME. It's probably one of the few games that I bought without knowing much about it and ended up being a real gem. I bought the original game on sale for 2€ more or less and played until the end, very good game, but I didn't enjoyed completely since I went for the pacifist achievement (not a single person should die by you hand)
    TL;DR at the end

Well well, what can i say?
    I LOVE THIS GAME.
    It's probably one of the few games that I bought without knowing much about it and ended up being a real gem. I bought the original game on sale for 2€ more or less and played until the end, very good game, but I didn't enjoyed completely since I went for the pacifist achievement (not a single person should die by you hand) so i couldn't see the real awesomeness of Deus Ex HR, I also failed the achievement... so sad :( After a while the director's cut pops up, with HD textures, new weapons, reworked boss battles (that was much needed), a DLC, but I like to call it an expansion, since it's not the usual DLCrap and a developers commentary. The best thing about this new edition is that it really shows how much effort was put in by the devs, every aspect of the game shows enthusiasm and dedication to the creation and improvement of the game. Let's talk about specific stuff (I like this part)

***Graphics*** 9/10 The graphics was already good from the beginning, but now, whith the improved textures, is even better. The pattern on Adam's coat is one of the first thing you will notice, that floral embroidery is simply amazing. Attention to the details is something that won't go unnoticed when you play the game, from the beginning to the end. When you are talking with someone you can see their facial expression changing, depending on the way you approach them, try not to make people angry or the might not share valuable information. The only thing i can say against this topic it that the graphic seems a bit beneath the level of other games that came out that year (2011), but it's nothing to be worried about, it's a 10 in my opinion, but I can't help myself comparing it to Arkham City (that one was a 10/10 that year).

***Sound*** 10/10 Yep, ten, the music is perfect, no other words. It's impressive, the atmosphere of the environment and the music go arm in arm. For what concerns the sound effects, I have nothing to say except that everything feels right, especially when using your augmentation powers to punch through a concrete wall and break the neck of the poor guy on the other side. Wanna talk about voice acting? Absolutely fantastic, all of them, dubbers really made it big.

***Story*** 10/10 This game is a movie, there is so much in the story that will keep you glued to your PC, so many secrets to uncover that you know people are keeping from you, but the game just won't give you ... yet. You need to reach the very end to know the truth and when the moment arrives the only thing you can say is "OH...MY...GOD! How could I've been so blind this whole time?!"

***Gameplay*** 11/10 Am I crazy ? Yes, ELEVEN. Depending on which skill you purchase you can complete missions in different ways, which sometimes drastically change the game itself. Each mission has a lot of different approaches, let's say you need to go from point A to point B, ok? You can go Rambo style, if you're a fan of slaughter, or you can buy the stealth upgrades to become invisible and silent, if you like to sneak past guards and catch them with their pants down, or you could look for a security terminal to hack and be granted the access to point B, or you could even enter a vent shaft and sneak inside metal tunnels all the way through, sometimes you can even take shortcuts by punching walls creating nice holes ... and a bit of a mess, but who cares. So yes there are at least 4 or 5 different approaches for every mission and this is the best thing about this game, freedom.

***BONUS(ES) of the Director's cut edition***
    + Replayable, with the option to keep the progress from the previous game
    + HD textures
    + A DLC with an amazing story and some surprise for the fans of the original Deus EX
    + New weapons
    +++ Reworked boss battles. This need a little explanation, in the original game these battles were really bad, and with really bad I mean they were total crap. You sneaked past every guard with your ninja skills, but then you reached a boss that you could only take down with brute force. Finally, the devs realized the error and created new ways to kill these enemies, of course you can still nuke the **** out of them, but hacking the computer that controls sentry turrets or that release a powerful toxic gas... well, that is really praiseworthy. This shows how much a company that make games cares about players, for this improvement I say BRAVO! to the devs.

TL;DR Game's kicks major asses, if you don't play it you're missing a milestone of the videogame industry.
  5. Jan 17, 2014
    One of the best games I have played for years. The story is awesome, the end(s) are awesome, stealth play remind me of metal gear solid,which is awesome too. Characters are good, a real role playing-fps where you can choose either stealth or combat.Nearly everything is good in this game . 10/10
  6. May 7, 2014
    A game that was great has just been made better, Still beautiful considering it's age now, run amazingly well on pc, The score sets the tone, great dialogue and following the story is a pleasure never a chore,

You'll find it hard to stop playing. finding many many ways to handle any situation,
    This game meets it's predecessors and maybe surpasses them. enjoy
  7. Mar 12, 2014
    This game is the perfect example of a cyberpunk game: advanced technology, cybernetics, mega-corporations, dark yet vibrant atmosphere, and a gripping story line. This game is practically a masterpiece with an open world, free decision making, and unique game mechanics. I highly recommend this game to anyone who's interested in non- linear, future based games.
  8. May 20, 2014
    I've just finished this awesome game!!! If you're really into an amazing gameplay time you shouldn't miss the opportunity and the pleasure to play this game... :D
    The soundtrack, the story, the voices in game.. all so well-arranged and matches perfectly!
  9. Oct 29, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution was not a perfect game, but it was very close. Most of the issues were fixed here and the Missing Link DLC was implemented to make the story flow more. The boss battles have been improved beyond recognition and the only thing wrong with it is that Deus Ex 1 had a better health system and Augmentation system, however, the augmentations themselves are better inDeus Ex: Human Revolution was not a perfect game, but it was very close. Most of the issues were fixed here and the Missing Link DLC was implemented to make the story flow more. The boss battles have been improved beyond recognition and the only thing wrong with it is that Deus Ex 1 had a better health system and Augmentation system, however, the augmentations themselves are better in Human revolution. I can safely say this is one of the best games of this generation and although not perfect, it comes damn close.
    I was going to put a 9.5/10 but I can't so I rounded up to 10.
  10. Apr 15, 2014
    One of those rare experiences in life that's so good, I can't think of anything to say about it.

Unfortunately, Metacritic needs at least 150 characters, so that's why this line is here.
  11. Oct 25, 2013
    It was made to be the best!
    I played DE:HR in the 2010 it was one of the best RPGs in my life. With the Director's Cut one of the best games has became more beautiful, better, smarter and more fun!
    You should to play it!
  12. Nov 2, 2013
    A very well-refined version of one of the best single-player FPS games to be created in a while. The integration of the DLC is very smooth, and the commentary is very interesting. The new boss fights are very well-designed and have some very interesting options for taking down your enemies. Some things have been rebalanced, such as energy and AI, which improve the game in general as well.A very well-refined version of one of the best single-player FPS games to be created in a while. The integration of the DLC is very smooth, and the commentary is very interesting. The new boss fights are very well-designed and have some very interesting options for taking down your enemies. Some things have been rebalanced, such as energy and AI, which improve the game in general as well.

The only issue with this version is that the commentary itself is implemented somewhat poorly the commentary will be interrupted if another audio transmission comes in, amongst other random events [such as hacking, for some reason.] Also, if you're listening to commentary, you can't enter another area of the game until it's finished.

Other than that, this is one of the most well-done and amazing RPG games to be created, and I would reccomend it to any FPS, RPG, or in-game-choice fans.
  13. Feb 26, 2014
    I don't play a lot of video games, and I was never a fan of stealth, but strangely, I enjoyed this game. Have played it twice now. Definitely worth the $20 (Steam)
  14. TSB
    Dec 29, 2013
    This is not only one of the best Action RPG of this GEN it is one of the best games ever made .
    Great story with more than one end and memorable moments smooth and fun gameplay with the choice of stealth or action mode very nice visual excellent voice acting and sound track .
    I will replay this game for sure though I don't replay games usually
  15. Jun 27, 2014
    Wow, what a game. Better plot/story than 95% of sci-fi movies. SCORE 92/100.

Gripping and realistic story to the end, extremely immersive gameplay and RPG progression. MANY different ways to complete each micro and macro objective, from true ghost to stealthy assassin to rambo. The game rewards exploration and different styles well. You will forget many movies and TV shows years from
    Wow, what a game. Better plot/story than 95% of sci-fi movies. SCORE 92/100.

You will forget many movies and TV shows years from now, but you won't forget the story here, especially if much of it becomes true.
  16. Nov 11, 2013
    DX:HR Directors cut is a great game but I cannot help but feel this version is just a quick cash-grab as many issues that plagued the original game could' have been resolved by a simple patch rather than publishing a full release. Regardless of this; the problems experienced in Deus Ex: Human Revolution have been rectified to a satisfactory standard although some general problems such asDX:HR Directors cut is a great game but I cannot help but feel this version is just a quick cash-grab as many issues that plagued the original game could' have been resolved by a simple patch rather than publishing a full release. Regardless of this; the problems experienced in Deus Ex: Human Revolution have been rectified to a satisfactory standard although some general problems such as AI are still apparent. Boss battles are now improved and textures have been polished up slightly but there isn't anything overly significant to warrant a purchase for those who already own the game. Those who do and are interested are able to receive a discount but the only extra feature other than mentioned above is a directors commentary which proves annoying if you turn it on.

The Missing Link DLC is included which is good and for £12.99 it is a worthy purchase but if you already own Human Revolution; regardless of the discount, it may not be worth your little cash or time. There just isn't enough to justify a full release but as a package; it's something that should be experienced in its fixed state if you haven't sampled the game before.
  17. Jul 6, 2014
    I personally believe that Deus ex: Human Revolution is better than the 2001 release, but you know, that's just me.
    Eidios put a lot of effort and faith into this game and I hope that they would do the same with the sequel.
  18. Dec 21, 2014
    Deus ex Hr DC is a cyberpunk RPG where you play as Adam Jensen a cyborg in the year 2027 when human augmentation technology is starting. This game is absolutely amazing there is so much to do. With the first version of this game in 2011 through your whole entire playthrough you had stick with a strict set of abilities due to limited skill points in such a large skill tree. For those whoDeus ex Hr DC is a cyberpunk RPG where you play as Adam Jensen a cyborg in the year 2027 when human augmentation technology is starting. This game is absolutely amazing there is so much to do. With the first version of this game in 2011 through your whole entire playthrough you had stick with a strict set of abilities due to limited skill points in such a large skill tree. For those who haven't played the original this is the third in the series and is a remaster with all the DLC packages including and a new games plus mode, my favourite feature. This game is all about choice you do what the hell you want to do, whether it run into a compound full of enemies and shoot them to pieces, or simply sneak around them in an air vent, but in this game the killing isn't just the only source of XP but you are actually rewarded for hacking into things and making good use of all the things around you. Still though in fights you need to be well prepared or else your going to find yourself loading back a lot, especially in the boss fights. Fortunately the Directors cut allows an alternate way to defeat bosses for characters not trained in full assault, so as an example the first boss fight with Barrett, instead of shooting and blowing him up you can sneakily climb up a ladder and activate a door that leads into a section where you can hack and move the turrets to attack Barrett if you have the right skills. This game also rewards you for being nonlethal and knocking out enemies which can lead to some consequences like them being woken up and losing precious tranquilizer darts. This game is an improvement to an already amazing game do your self a favour and get this game Expand
  19. Nov 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 9 ile 10 puan vermek arasında çok kaldık. Oyunu gerçekten çok beğendim. Belki 1.oyun kadar yenilikçi değil ama gerçekten çok iyi bir oyun. Stealth'i, sizi sunduğu alternatif yollar, derin hikâyesi, olağanüstü güzel soundtrackları,kaliteli grafikleri ve çok iyi atmosferi ile ilk başta 10/10 luk gibi gözüktü gözüme. Ama oyunun sıkıntıları yok değil. - olarak sayabileceğim iki şey var. Birincisi ara sahnelerin kötü olması. Hani izlediğimiz Cinematic Trailer varya, ondan 1000 kat kötü -maalesef- sinematikleri var. Diğeri ise oyunun küçük bir açık dünyası var. İnsan biraz daha fazlasını bekliyordu. Tabi bunun görevlerle alakası yok. Görevlerin geçtiği yerler size her türlü aksiyon,stealth (ikiden fazla) yolları sunuyor. Bu iki unsur 10 vermeme engel olacaklardı ama soundtracklar puanımı 95 e zorladı ve 10 vermek zorunda kaldım. Alın bu oyunu, alın alın! Zaten 10TL ye düştüğü zamanlar bile oluyor. Kaçmaz!
    Bir Adam Jensen klasiği ile son vermek istiyorum.
    -I never asked for this.
  20. Aug 22, 2015
    Very good game, on all counts. One gripe: the auments are energy-limited, and it's hard to replenish your energy. This means that you will rarely get to use your augments, even if you have the super-duper thingamaging, because you'll run out of power, and then you'll spend an hour playing until you come across something to recharge your batteries. Part of the way.

I understand that it's

I understand that it's much easier to balance a game when the ability to use the very powerful augments is rare. But in the end, that's the most fun part of such a game: the badassery that they enable. I wish I could have liked it nearly as much as I did the first, but it's still a good game. 8/10
  21. rpm
    Feb 12, 2016
    Having played, and enjoyed greatly, the previous Deus Ex games, and having seen the trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I purchased it and began playing with a level of excitement I have only had a few times in my gaming life (each Mass Effect game achieved this).

The game did not disappoint, and I was very pleased with the choices the game allowed the player. I chose to try playing as a stealth character without having to kill anyone. Then, I ran into the first boss battle and basically ran into a wall. All of my time developing a stealth character was totally useless in this battle which I could not win with the character I had created. I tried several times and then simply quit playing this game.

Now, with this director's cut, I am overjoyed that the choice is back, and each gamer is allowed to solve tough encounters as they choose. It is awesome that the game makers understood their "mistake" and gave choice back to the gamer who may not want to solve encounters by developing a soldier type character.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!
  22. Jun 11, 2015
    This is one of those games that made me want to get up and start clapping when the credits rolled, out of respect. My only interest in this game was to try out an RPG that I might like, given that it's more action/gameplay-oriented. I'm a bit of sucker for the cyberpunk theme, a fan of stealth and FPS and dislike games which try to hide everything from you. DXHR DC ticks all the boxes.This is one of those games that made me want to get up and start clapping when the credits rolled, out of respect. My only interest in this game was to try out an RPG that I might like, given that it's more action/gameplay-oriented. I'm a bit of sucker for the cyberpunk theme, a fan of stealth and FPS and dislike games which try to hide everything from you. DXHR DC ticks all the boxes. Right from the beginning, the game feels immersive. The story is serious, easy to follow and the whole theme/context of the game blends beautifully with the RPG elements. From a thematic and plot point of view, this is one of the best games I’ve come across – it could easily be turned into a movie. Characters are well-developed not only through cutscenes and interaction but also through meaningful side quests; which are thorough in terms of explaining the reasoning from both a story perspective and gameplay (i.e. the task and reward). Staying on this, DXHR DC consistently informs the player when they’re about to make a major decision or leave an area. It doesn’t want to mislead players or make them reload a save game because they didn’t know what would happen. The only exception is the Missing Link DLC which, although from a story perspective is seamlessly integrated, it is let down by the gameplay. It is the only section of the game that felt laborious, with poor level design and worst of all, it takes away all your upgrades and inventory but doesn’t tell you that you’ll get it back (which, thankfully, you do).
    Gameplay consists of stealth, cover-shooting, social (dialogue), a “hacking” mini-game, exploration and inventory management. When combined together, it makes for an immersive experience throughout. Even though the game doesn’t evolve its gameplay, the variety and mix doesn’t make it feel repetitive. Your character can be developed to suit your playstyle – each upgrade being catered to one of those aspects of gameplay. The reason this game feels so immersive throughout is that there’s rarely a dull moment or a part which feels forced or meaningless. Interacting with other characters feels satisfying – as does the stealth and combat. Mechanics, controls and gameplay are all very solid. It is best played with keyboard and mouse as entering keycodes/passwords and general movement and interactions are best suited to this. The game also has a handy quick-save/quick-load feature and, at least with an SSD, the loading times aren’t long at all.
    Aside from the gameplay mix, the other great asset of this game is its soundtrack. It is simply amazing and couldn’t have suited the game more. At every point the appropriate background music comes on. Every time I hear the menu theme I feel glad that I launched the game. Aesthetically however, the game is less pleasing. I admire the consistency of orange and black tone, but it would have been nice to have more varied environments, as most of the game takes place in large buildings. The DirectX 11 features help lift the graphical quality of the game though.
    Overall, Deus Ex Human Revolution Director’s Cut is a fantastic game with universal appeal. Whether you like exploring a game’s backstory and reading a lot of text, or you like more hands-on gameplay through stealth or combat, or you simply want a game with a good plot, characters and meaningful choices, this can offer all of those. It’s also nice knowing that you can play through the game again (New Game Plus) and keep your upgrades; as it is unlikely that you’ll acquire all of them in first playthrough. There is decent replay value, the game took me about 30 hours to finish first time and all endings are elegantly presented. DXHR DC is a highly robust game which nails all aspects of what makes a great game.
  23. Oct 8, 2015
    A truly excellent game, finally allowing different approaches to all situation, even the iffy boss battles.

Final levels became a little tedious, but the first 3 quarters are some of the best gaming you can find.

Brilliant
  24. Feb 1, 2016
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the reboot and a story based prequel of the 2000s original of the same name (excluding the subtitle), with a focus on a dark , twisted future , where Transhumanism , along with cybernetic augmentations and enormous technological advancements are made. Part of the society questions such actions, whether the corporations are playing god and if we are losing whatDeus Ex: Human Revolution is the reboot and a story based prequel of the 2000s original of the same name (excluding the subtitle), with a focus on a dark , twisted future , where Transhumanism , along with cybernetic augmentations and enormous technological advancements are made. Part of the society questions such actions, whether the corporations are playing god and if we are losing what makes us human by such augs, while the other part of the society thinks , life can be hugely improved by them , veterans from war can be amputated , their limbs could be replaced, their arms will be stronger, their mind will be more reactive and faster, their eyes will be able to take pictures by blinking , their lives would be better. The game puts you in a role of an Ex-Swat member , whom after being severely injured when protecting a lab of the corporation he works for , gets augmented, providing players with a very neutral look on the subject matter, where you can either condemn or adore what you've become and treat augmented and non-augmented people with your perception of the moral highground, the plot doesn't get overly profound or confusing at any point , it is long, with each and every detail chewed out for the player, with exceptionally written dialogue , great acting ( especially Jensen's whose voice requires devious amounts of masturbation to fully appreciate) and a rather impactful ending that sums the message of the game perfectly.The setting of Detroit and the premise of the main character , going from a human body to a robot's after being left for dead by his enemies , only to come back and hunt them down is sooooooooooooooo reminicent of Robocop and the yellow-ish cyberpunkatmosphere gives it a flair of Ridley Scott's Blade Runner , it is a game that is masterful and as such is inspired by masterpieces
    The gameplay is hard, challenging and very adrenaline inducing , offering various amounts of paths and ways you can handle the objectives ,stealth , aggressive or a mix of both , and the game always penalizes and rewards both of the play-styles , the gunplay is fierce and unrelenting , with some truly badass executions and takedowns , that makes Batman wince and cringe, at the martial arts badassery of Adam Jensen.The game has probably the most unique hacking system i've ever seen , not one game has managed to make capturing nodes and unlocking hidden secrets inside the computer hubs so intense , since after capturing a node a higher risk of detection occurs and you get put in a rushed state of alarm, to reach the main gate control port and unlock the door or flip the security system in your favor in time , ordering automated bots to clear the rooms full of enemies or disabling laser-defended gates to flank the enemy or enter ventilation shafts to sneak past them unnoticed( and there are a lot of vents, trust me if there was an award for the highest amount of ventilation shafts in a game , this game would have won it.........................................several times over). The upgrade system (unlike most other games , looking at you Far Cry 3) is actually very useful , literally every single upgrade is needed and is extremely valuable and it breaks your heart to see that so many of them you could have used to accomplish a mission more successfully went into upgrading something else that was for momentary need,but boy was it something you really needed, besides, you only had one Praxis point, hard to guess which one is the most useful, they require careful observation and experimentation to narrow down the choices , though after completing the game , unlocking all of the augs you do feel godlike , yet the difficulty could always be upped to accomodate your upgrades , so the incentive is there to replay, including multiple endings and dialogue choices that you could have handled differently, during important story beats such as hostage negotiations, information gathering or persuading people, such as convincing someone to turn off inhibitors, that make ordinary civilians into the Westboro Baptist church from Kingsman The Secret Service (seriously that scene only required Lynyrd Skynyrd's Freebird and that's it church scene "recreated")
    Deus Ex Human revolution is a brilliant game, full of fantasticly artisitic,influenced choices towards its story and world/level design , an intricate and fresh take on the action-stealth-RPG genre , that is so rare in the gaming industry today.
  25. Jun 17, 2014
    I wanted to give it 9.9, since nothing is perfect, but gave it a 10 as this is the closest to perfection since halflife. The best part of this game is how it is optimized for pc, my **** laptop could run this at full settings!! Shows what can be done to optimize pc games when the devs actually try. I only played the directors cut, but damn glad I did.
  26. Aug 3, 2014
    The game is even more amazing, tbh I never noticed much of a difference in the graphics department but the NG+ and remastered boss levels are cool additions . I also got the Directors cut on a Steam sale for £3.75 but would pay the asking price . If you have never played it, then get it .
  27. Dec 29, 2015
    Background: I've never played a Deus Ex game before but I really enjoy RPGs and have played Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, Knights of the Old Republic, among others.

Intro: Deus Ex: Human Revolution gives us a perspective on a potential future for mankind where human enhancements called augments divide humanity into haves and have nots. What I liked: - A compelling story that kept

Intro:

What I liked:
    - A compelling story that kept me going until the end!
    - Tough choices to make, albeit these can be a bit rare throughout the game (it's no Dragon Age).
    - The game truly encourages you to think outside of the box with the choices. More often then not you can find a better alternative for the choices the game presents you.
    - Arguments and conversations throughout the game are not made for the player to win. You have to be careful with what you say.

What I didn't like:
    - Towards the end of the game you'll get a non optional reset of all the ability points (called praxis points) you got meaning you're back to square one and have to earn almost everything back. This is highly discouraging to continue to play the game but please don't quit. At the end of that section you'll get everything back but it still feels like the game is punishing the player unnecessarily.
    - Very minor graphical glitches.

Conclusion:
    In my humble opinion Deus Ex: Human Revolution has exactly what every RPG should have and should be played by any fan of the genre.
    It's a game that doesn't disappoint and kept me wanting for more!
    The issues I had with this game are truly minor compared to everything this game does right!
  28. Jun 13, 2014
    Deus ex HR often goes on sale these days for around 4 quid and honestly I cannot think of a better value experience than it. Its story is immersive, many layered and really makes you think about what is right and wrong in Earth's strange future of human 'augmentation'. The game looks better than many games coming out today despite its three year old release date and is extremely fun andDeus ex HR often goes on sale these days for around 4 quid and honestly I cannot think of a better value experience than it. Its story is immersive, many layered and really makes you think about what is right and wrong in Earth's strange future of human 'augmentation'. The game looks better than many games coming out today despite its three year old release date and is extremely fun and encourages multiple playthroughs as almost everything in the game can be done in at least three different ways. Also, the stun gun is the most satisfying gun in the world. Expand
  29. Jun 25, 2015
    Extremely good game mechanics (and totally enjoyable with both mouse and gamepads), perfect bgms, amazing graphics (not always perfectly optimized but never gamebreaking) and what a plot...

I was going to write a lot about this title, but in the end any word I could use won't be enough to describe such beauty. Definitely one of the best games I ever played and one of my few 10/10.

PS: To my italian readers, stay away from the italian dub, play the game with the english dub with (optionally) italian or english subtitles. It's like day and night.
  30. Jan 30, 2015
    A game such as this... oopps. i mean this game is not your regular RPG, its not here to impress, and its not here make the ones who were infatuated with the previous Deus Ex game happy.
    it's here to because it is one of the very best RPG's that will ever be played.
    if you want details about it im sure there are many critics who have gone around and said what it has, or what it lacks.
    it's here to because it is one of the very best RPG's that will ever be played.
    though all im here to say is that this game has it all, and if it catches your eye then you should know, it wont ever loosen its grip on you.
    i know that " you never asked for this" .
  31. Feb 19, 2015
    Best old gen game i played. Amazing story, gameplay, crazy and mad morale choices. It really needs to have a new gen sequel soon. Deus Ex Universe ftw
  32. Dec 22, 2015
    Began to play this game with no expectation whatsoever, thinking this would be just another Metal-Gear-Rising-ish game. But that wasn't the case. Play it. It's an experience you won't forget.

1. CD-Action
    Jan 10, 2014
    If you haven’t played the original edition, prepare for one of the best stealth/shooter games of recent years and above all a really good story and incredible music. [01/2014, p.65]
  2. PC Gamer UK
    Jan 6, 2014
    Still dark, cool, beautiful, smart substantial, funny, creative and endlessly entertaining. Only now a bit better. [Jan 2014, p.88]
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 28, 2013
    An excellent update that revitalises Human Revolution in a number of ways. Time to play it again. [Jan 2014, p.78]