7.9

1. Oct 25, 2013
    It was made to be the best!
    I played DE:HR in the 2010 it was one of the best RPGs in my life. With the Director's Cut one of the best games has became more beautiful, better, smarter and more fun!
    You should to play it!
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution was not a perfect game, but it was very close. Most of the issues were fixed here and the Missing Link DLC was implemented to make the story flow more. The boss battles have been improved beyond recognition and the only thing wrong with it is that Deus Ex 1 had a better health system and Augmentation system, however, the augmentations themselves are better in Human revolution. I can safely say this is one of the best games of this generation and although not perfect, it comes damn close.
    I was going to put a 9.5/10 but I can't so I rounded up to 10.
  3. Nov 2, 2013
    A very well-refined version of one of the best single-player FPS games to be created in a while. The integration of the DLC is very smooth, and the commentary is very interesting. The new boss fights are very well-designed and have some very interesting options for taking down your enemies. Some things have been rebalanced, such as energy and AI, which improve the game in general as well.

The only issue with this version is that the commentary itself is implemented somewhat poorly the commentary will be interrupted if another audio transmission comes in, amongst other random events [such as hacking, for some reason.] Also, if you're listening to commentary, you can't enter another area of the game until it's finished.

Other than that, this is one of the most well-done and amazing RPG games to be created, and I would reccomend it to any FPS, RPG, or in-game-choice fans.
  4. Feb 26, 2014
    I don't play a lot of video games, and I was never a fan of stealth, but strangely, I enjoyed this game. Have played it twice now. Definitely worth the $20 (Steam)
  5. Apr 15, 2014
    One of those rare experiences in life that's so good, I can't think of anything to say about it.

Unfortunately, Metacritic needs at least 150 characters, so that's why this line is here.
  6. TSB
    Dec 29, 2013
    This is not only one of the best Action RPG of this GEN it is one of the best games ever made .
    Great story with more than one end and memorable moments smooth and fun gameplay with the choice of stealth or action mode very nice visual excellent voice acting and sound track .
    I will replay this game for sure though I don't replay games usually
  7. Jan 17, 2014
    One of the best games I have played for years. The story is awesome, the end(s) are awesome, stealth play remind me of metal gear solid,which is awesome too. Characters are good, a real role playing-fps where you can choose either stealth or combat.Nearly everything is good in this game . 10/10
  8. Feb 28, 2014
    Absolutely Amazing, The directors cut is a worthy 10/10. Menu layout, Responsiveness, Graphics the whole thing is a gem. I would recommend it for any true fan and newcomers to this classic of our generation.
  9. Dec 27, 2013
    DX:HR is one of the best games ever created and the director's cut makes it better still. The yellow tint is gone, the addon is seamlessly implemented into the game and you get some extra features, like being able to replay the game while retaining the augmentations from another playthrough.

There's a problem with the default configuration that causes performance issues. It can be fixed
    by changing two registry entries, so I guess the game is one patch away from being as perfect as a game can be. Expand
  10. Jan 31, 2014
    TL;DR at the end

Well well, what can i say?
    I LOVE THIS GAME.
    It's probably one of the few games that I bought without knowing much about it and ended up being a real gem. I bought the original game on sale for 2€ more or less and played until the end, very good game, but I didn't enjoyed completely since I went for the pacifist achievement (not a single person should die by you hand)
    so i couldn't see the real awesomeness of Deus Ex HR, I also failed the achievement... so sad :( After a while the director's cut pops up, with HD textures, new weapons, reworked boss battles (that was much needed), a DLC, but I like to call it an expansion, since it's not the usual DLCrap and a developers commentary. The best thing about this new edition is that it really shows how much effort was put in by the devs, every aspect of the game shows enthusiasm and dedication to the creation and improvement of the game. Let's talk about specific stuff (I like this part)

***Graphics*** 9/10 The graphics was already good from the beginning, but now, whith the improved textures, is even better. The pattern on Adam's coat is one of the first thing you will notice, that floral embroidery is simply amazing. Attention to the details is something that won't go unnoticed when you play the game, from the beginning to the end. When you are talking with someone you can see their facial expression changing, depending on the way you approach them, try not to make people angry or the might not share valuable information. The only thing i can say against this topic it that the graphic seems a bit beneath the level of other games that came out that year (2011), but it's nothing to be worried about, it's a 10 in my opinion, but I can't help myself comparing it to Arkham City (that one was a 10/10 that year).

***Sound*** 10/10 Yep, ten, the music is perfect, no other words. It's impressive, the atmosphere of the environment and the music go arm in arm. For what concerns the sound effects, I have nothing to say except that everything feels right, especially when using your augmentation powers to punch through a concrete wall and break the neck of the poor guy on the other side. Wanna talk about voice acting? Absolutely fantastic, all of them, dubbers really made it big.

***Story*** 10/10 This game is a movie, there is so much in the story that will keep you glued to your PC, so many secrets to uncover that you know people are keeping from you, but the game just won't give you ... yet. You need to reach the very end to know the truth and when the moment arrives the only thing you can say is "OH...MY...GOD! How could I've been so blind this whole time?!"

***Gameplay*** 11/10 Am I crazy ? Yes, ELEVEN. Depending on which skill you purchase you can complete missions in different ways, which sometimes drastically change the game itself. Each mission has a lot of different approaches, let's say you need to go from point A to point B, ok? You can go Rambo style, if you're a fan of slaughter, or you can buy the stealth upgrades to become invisible and silent, if you like to sneak past guards and catch them with their pants down, or you could look for a security terminal to hack and be granted the access to point B, or you could even enter a vent shaft and sneak inside metal tunnels all the way through, sometimes you can even take shortcuts by punching walls creating nice holes ... and a bit of a mess, but who cares. So yes there are at least 4 or 5 different approaches for every mission and this is the best thing about this game, freedom.

***BONUS(ES) of the Director's cut edition***
    + Replayable, with the option to keep the progress from the previous game
    + HD textures
    + A DLC with an amazing story and some surprise for the fans of the original Deus EX
    + New weapons
    +++ Reworked boss battles. This need a little explanation, in the original game these battles were really bad, and with really bad I mean they were total crap. You sneaked past every guard with your ninja skills, but then you reached a boss that you could only take down with brute force. Finally, the devs realized the error and created new ways to kill these enemies, of course you can still nuke the **** out of them, but hacking the computer that controls sentry turrets or that release a powerful toxic gas... well, that is really praiseworthy. This shows how much a company that make games cares about players, for this improvement I say BRAVO! to the devs.

TL;DR Game's kicks major asses, if you don't play it you're missing a milestone of the videogame industry.
  11. May 7, 2014
    A game that was great has just been made better, Still beautiful considering it's age now, run amazingly well on pc, The score sets the tone, great dialogue and following the story is a pleasure never a chore,

You'll find it hard to stop playing. finding many many ways to handle any situation,
    This game meets it's predecessors and maybe surpasses them. enjoy
  12. Mar 12, 2014
    This game is the perfect example of a cyberpunk game: advanced technology, cybernetics, mega-corporations, dark yet vibrant atmosphere, and a gripping story line. This game is practically a masterpiece with an open world, free decision making, and unique game mechanics. I highly recommend this game to anyone who's interested in non- linear, future based games.
  13. May 20, 2014
    I've just finished this awesome game!!! If you're really into an amazing gameplay time you shouldn't miss the opportunity and the pleasure to play this game... :D
    The soundtrack, the story, the voices in game.. all so well-arranged and matches perfectly!
  14. Jun 27, 2014
    Wow, what a game. Better plot/story than 95% of sci-fi movies. SCORE 92/100.

Gripping and realistic story to the end, extremely immersive gameplay and RPG progression. MANY different ways to complete each micro and macro objective, from true ghost to stealthy assassin to rambo. The game rewards exploration and different styles well.

You will forget many movies and TV shows years from
    now, but you won't forget the story here, especially if much of it becomes true. Expand
  15. Jun 17, 2014
    I wanted to give it 9.9, since nothing is perfect, but gave it a 10 as this is the closest to perfection since halflife. The best part of this game is how it is optimized for pc, my **** laptop could run this at full settings!! Shows what can be done to optimize pc games when the devs actually try. I only played the directors cut, but damn glad I did.
  16. Jun 13, 2014
    Deus ex HR often goes on sale these days for around 4 quid and honestly I cannot think of a better value experience than it. Its story is immersive, many layered and really makes you think about what is right and wrong in Earth's strange future of human 'augmentation'. The game looks better than many games coming out today despite its three year old release date and is extremely fun and encourages multiple playthroughs as almost everything in the game can be done in at least three different ways. Also, the stun gun is the most satisfying gun in the world. Expand
  17. Jul 6, 2014
    I personally believe that Deus ex: Human Revolution is better than the 2001 release, but you know, that's just me.
    Eidios put a lot of effort and faith into this game and I hope that they would do the same with the sequel.

1. Jan 10, 2014
    If you haven’t played the original edition, prepare for one of the best stealth/shooter games of recent years and above all a really good story and incredible music. [01/2014, p.65]
  2. Jan 6, 2014
    Still dark, cool, beautiful, smart substantial, funny, creative and endlessly entertaining. Only now a bit better. [Jan 2014, p.88]
  3. Dec 28, 2013
    An excellent update that revitalises Human Revolution in a number of ways. Time to play it again. [Jan 2014, p.78]