8.5

1. Aug 26, 2011
    This game is not good.
    In short, the plot is pretty dull, the voice acting is average (excepting a few characters), and the aesthetics are completely uninspired. It's all just amber monitors and 'future shine' with tons of useless clutter thrown in everywhere.
    This game is not good.
    I wouldn't really care much about those things if the game play was any good, but it's not. Dues Ex doesn't do much but sample and dilute the game play from superior titles. It doesn't do stealth nearly as good as splinter cell, thief, or Hitman. It doesn't do combat as good a myriad of recent and ancient titles too long to list, and the RPG elements are pretty bare bones. It's basically, talk to it, shoot it, stun it, or walk around it (hacks / stealth). And Stun it and Shoot it are the same thing for all intents and purposes; just another body to drag into a vent.
    [As dragging corpse simulators go, it's not even that good. Sling the **** over your shoulder and hussle would you.]
    More Gripes: Hacking Mini-game? Haven't we had enough of this crap? (The only enjoyable instance of this was in Dead Space 2 for the tension it brought). Please stop giving me a puzzle a goat with Down's Syndrome could solve and call it game play.
    Weapons? Completely uninspired. They just put a 'future' skin on the same dull weapon archetypes you see in every shooter since time immemorial. You can have a rifle, a pistol, a grenade of some kind, and some heavy guns. This is all they could think of? Oh, you can also have those things in ' stun ' versions, so you can be a pacifist. And the 'Typhoon' Weapon...? Nothing says "we're out of ideas" more than an autokill button. Also, Max Payne called, he wants his spin animation back.
    AI? Terrible. The same old, ''oh no a dead body, lets investigate... oh well he's not here, resume combat patrol.' This day and age, and with a budget as big as this game, this is INEXCUSABLE. They make up for this by just making them super accurate and giving you limited health, to disguise the fact that the enemies are dumber than Doom zombies.
    Game play innovations? None. Zero. Not one thing is new in this game. And as I've said, they can't even STEAL from games properly and make it fun.
    Plot? Pretty dull Tom Clancy style thriller with some allegorical crud about augmented people being a new minority. Not to mention it heavily cribs from Mass effect 2 / Dead space 2 with the whole Hospital Resurrection after traumatic event scenario (Not that that concept wasn't done to death a decade ago). At least he didn't get amnesia as well. Want a better plot? Why not make it the protagonists choice to augment himself. Make it a moral issue. Give some **** conflict too it. Nope, he just wakes up with some cool new arms and a heads up display.
    Augmentations? Boring Boring Boring. 6 or so levels of 'energy enhancer.' In the far future, I'm picking up Zelda Hearts. Woop-de-doo. There's An eye enhancement that literally tells me when enemies will resume their combat patrol. And some other miscellaneous nonsense that lets me run faster or pick up heavier items or steady my aim. RPG-wise this is just a JAVA fantasy RPG rapped in sci fi skin, but you don't have spells to make it fun.
    Cover Based Fighting? I don't mind this in games, but Dues Ex manages to make it clunky enough to not want to use, but necessary to use almost 100% of the time if you're going for stealth. Have fun sticking to walls wherever you go. Also, This game can't decide to be first or third person, and generally picks the worst of both worlds.
    Auto KILL / Stun? You can press Q to instantly kill or stun someone near you. You get to watch an animation. They don't even give you a quicktime event to be bored with.
    Climbing? Nope, YOU NEED TO STACK BOXES, even though you're a superhuman killing machine. And to get around this, you can buy an upgrade to let you jump higher. Whatever it takes not to make a climbing over short obstacles animation huh?
    To anyone wanting to play this anyway, wait till it's on the bargain bin. If you spend $60 on this you're a sucker. I've played the original Dues Ex, but this game is Dues Ex in title only, and a pretty cynical attempt to rake in cash based on brand loyalty. I guarantee, if this game had another title and less hype, it wouldn't score past 60% on most reviews.
    And no, I didn't finish the game, because if it's not fun in the first 6 hours, It won't be fun later, says my common sense so don't give me this 'no-patience, go play CoD crap.' I have patience enough for good games.
  2. Aug 27, 2011
    Well, I've been playing PC games since the 70's and the one thing I've learnt is that hype is usually a cover for mediocricy.
    Most people here seem happy to tow the line and click 10/10, but seriously few games have warranted such a blanket response.
    For me games should be about the experience you get, like reading a good book you should forget where you actually are and enter the imagnation of the writer. The amount of times I dropped out this game was shocking. It suffices to say that had this game been released 10 years ago it would have been jaw droppingly amazing but in the here and now, it is just plain bad.
    The graphics are great, but unimaginative. Honestly lets stop making worlds that set out to be realistic, only to be thwarted by the fact that realistic is outside my own window. I want to enter someone's imagination.
    The sound is as almost always nowadays great, it doesn't bother me if I don't like some of the characters voice, that's part of the experience.
    The gameplay is boring. There it is, the single most important aspect of the game and it falls flat on its face.
    Dead Space gave you one way of playing and you were drawn into the game. It was tense, fun, scary and above all you remembered having played it.
    CoDMW2 really made you feel like something important was happening. What would you do to win? Again a memorable game. Again the creators of the game decided on a direction and stuck with it. Memorable.
    The original Deus Ex was groundbreaking, not for its graphics or sound but for it's playability. At the time there had been nothing else like it. The creators had a vision, then made you see it. I remember that game well.
    Alan Wake, physchological thriller, brilliant! Made me scared of the dark for a while. I loved being affected that way.
    This game just plain annoys me due to its complete inability to hold my attention.
    Shoot some police and they run around, stare at you through the vent you're hiding behind then run around some more until they decide that a cop killer obviously hiding in the ventilation shaft is not a problem anymore. Excuse me?
    i actually moved a drinks machine right up to a cop who didn't once bat an eyelid! I popped out from behind it and bam he shot me. WTF?
    Lets be honest this game is mediocre. An up to date, well polished mediocre game. Oh and on the Xbox version at least it's bugged on a side quest, mother's instinct. It's not allowing the quest to be completed during the final dialogue phase.
    Enough said, sorry for rambling. BTW I wrote this on my Ipad, not intended to be a boast. I love it but want to say to Apple - I'm not buying a stupidly expensive additional keyboard to edit what I write just because you won't put some extra and obviously missing keys on the screen keypad. So sorry all for the mistakes!
    Enjoy.
  3. Aug 30, 2011
    I don't get the hype. It's just another one of your average first person shooter, and after a mere hour of playing I didn't find one thing that would make it stand out from the rest. It uses so many well-known features it's completely boring to play. Personally, I'm tired of that technological/bionical feel, give me something new, I've been playing for 20 years, it's time to come up withI don't get the hype. It's just another one of your average first person shooter, and after a mere hour of playing I didn't find one thing that would make it stand out from the rest. It uses so many well-known features it's completely boring to play. Personally, I'm tired of that technological/bionical feel, give me something new, I've been playing for 20 years, it's time to come up with something new already. Expand
  4. Sep 7, 2011
    Ok! If you are like me and paid silly money on your late 90`s PC rig and played the original Deus Ex and think its about the best game ever made? Then you will be very disappointed with this game. The main reason has been mentioned in reviews here already and is very simple! We live in a gaming environment dominated and held-back by consoles! When PC games once innovated and years aheadOk! If you are like me and paid silly money on your late 90`s PC rig and played the original Deus Ex and think its about the best game ever made? Then you will be very disappointed with this game. The main reason has been mentioned in reviews here already and is very simple! We live in a gaming environment dominated and held-back by consoles! When PC games once innovated and years ahead of consoles they are now being held back in every way! Graphically, story-lines, mechanics! Everything!. I imagine your average console gamer will think this is an awesome game! But a PC owner will wonder what the hell happened and why doesn Expand
  5. Aug 30, 2011
    GODAWFUL.

If this was a game that was designed to feel like a PC game, it sure as hell doesn't look, sound or play like one. The limited voice acting, repeating voice cycles for disposable NPC's, disgusting character modelling, FMV glamour scenes for using your takedown/kill moves - it's terrible. Guards who literally should have no idea you are even around, talk like they're
    GODAWFUL.

The limited voice acting, repeating voice cycles for disposable NPC's, disgusting character modelling, FMV glamour scenes for using your takedown/kill moves - it's terrible. Guards who literally should have no idea you are even around, talk like they're spoon-feeding a child. Again, and again. The 'enhancements' for PC are gimmicks, because they're just thrown in for the bling-bling value of DX11.

Overall extremely disappointed with the end result, and the gameplay can go jump as far as I'm concerned.
  6. Aug 31, 2011
    First of all, I'd like to say I agree with most of the lower rated comments after playing this game for about 6-7 hours. At the moment I'd give it a 6 at best, meaning average. As that's what it is, an average game with an average story without any innovation. I remember when I played the first Deus Ex there was something magical about it, which I quite don't recall, but I hold the feelingFirst of all, I'd like to say I agree with most of the lower rated comments after playing this game for about 6-7 hours. At the moment I'd give it a 6 at best, meaning average. As that's what it is, an average game with an average story without any innovation. I remember when I played the first Deus Ex there was something magical about it, which I quite don't recall, but I hold the feeling deep inside to this day. I was pretty excited when I saw the trailer to Human Revolution - it had that gritty dark ambient future feeling in it, technology and mankind mixing together and the troubles along with it you could craft a nice solid story around it. Now playing the game all that really creates any atmosphere are the colours and maybe the music. Everything else is bland.

Also the reason why I chose to create this account was because I noticed something weird. And surely it is no big discovery, but most of the people commenting on the game have one comment and below most of them lies "11 of 13 users said yes". So the marketing team are fully at it, tampering with the user score to cover up the lameness of the game. Sad really. And that's the reason I gave it a 1, to get closer to the truth that the game is average and worth 6 points at best.
  7. Aug 28, 2011
    The costume design is amazing, the lighting is beautiful but that's where it ends. I just spent 10+ hours playing his game in which I climbed ladders, crawled through vents, when up and down elevators, shot a few non-important thugs, hacked a few PAC-man like screens. I don't understand what the point of the game is yet. I havent played Deus before and I love the whole augmented idea butThe costume design is amazing, the lighting is beautiful but that's where it ends. I just spent 10+ hours playing his game in which I climbed ladders, crawled through vents, when up and down elevators, shot a few non-important thugs, hacked a few PAC-man like screens. I don't understand what the point of the game is yet. I havent played Deus before and I love the whole augmented idea but who or what is the bad guy? Seriously why are people giving this 10? Are they real people or augs? I wanted to keep playing because the design is kick a**, but I hate it when games just repeat environments, repeat boring tasks to gain info and fail to make me care about characters. The games awesome ads and artwork pull me in but the gameplay kicked me out. Expand
  8. Aug 27, 2011
    This game doesn't deserve a 0, but a player doesn't deserve to see ratings of 10 that are either straight bought by Square Enix (i could make 150 fake accounts in 2-3 hours, if i wanted) in an attempt to fake the Metacritic score or are the fruit of their ridiculous marketing campaign coupled with idiocy. The graphics are polished, but five years late. The environments are so flat and uglyThis game doesn't deserve a 0, but a player doesn't deserve to see ratings of 10 that are either straight bought by Square Enix (i could make 150 fake accounts in 2-3 hours, if i wanted) in an attempt to fake the Metacritic score or are the fruit of their ridiculous marketing campaign coupled with idiocy. The graphics are polished, but five years late. The environments are so flat and ugly even present-day metro Detroit is beautiful in comparison to ANY city hub in the game (Adam's apartment is an exception). The obvious 2D backgrounds and lighting effects are disgustingly simple and not worthy to be called AAA for sure. Blurry textures are commonplace at max settings and you WILL see clipping. The gameplay is okay and will hook you, but the AI has nothing special going for it and is often embarrassingly dumb. Kill a guy, hide in the vent in front of him, watch as he suddenly fails to see you and forgets about your existence. Okay. 2011 gaming for you, but at least it's polished. The first time you quit, you won't feel the urge to launch the game again, though. Speaking of vents, they mostly conveniently connect vital areas, so if you're trying to be "stealthy" you'll spend your game watching your feet for the stray vent. Other promisingly difficult routes end up in impossible spots you simply can't cross undetected, which means you have to backtrack and find your vent, which is often a much easier route. The characters aren't memorable: a pathetically annoying sysadmin, an old receptionist and your classic **** of spiderman fame will be your main cast for a good part of the game, while the main character has the appeal of a fossilized trout from start to end. I won't even get started on how the few good ideas this game has are a blatant copy of other better titles. A hacking minigame. Seriously, AGAIN? I could rant all day, but in alternative i could go play a better game than Deus Ex: Human Revolution and forget about it. It probably deserves a 5 or a 6, but in the face of "universal acclaim" 0 is all it will ever get from me. Expand
  9. Aug 27, 2011
    I feel like the positive reviewers (both critics and users) must be playing a different game. I've found Deus Ex HR to be frustrating, repetative, and completetly linear.

My playthrough got hung up when I snuck my way to the basement of the Police Station. I picked up the quest item and headed out. I tried for over an hour to get back out the way came, but sneaking up proved insanely difficult. So I reloaded my save from the basement, fooled around, and found a possible exit through the sewers. The sewer entrance is locked and requires level three hacking. I have level two, with now way to upgrade. So basically, my "chosen gameplay style" was incompatible with actually playing the game.

I liked the original game and WANT to like this version, but after eight hours of play I am throwing in the towel. The stupid AI, long load times, and ludicrous dependance on hacking take all the joy out of Deus Ex Human Revolution.
  10. Aug 27, 2011
    Being a hardcore FPS fan I picked up this game and found it lacking. To me if felt like their whole development of the game was to set out and make Dues Ex using Mass Effect as their reference on how to make a best selling video game. It cried out ME2 from the time i started till the time I dropped out of the game. Story line seemed good, but the game felt like I was just completing tasksBeing a hardcore FPS fan I picked up this game and found it lacking. To me if felt like their whole development of the game was to set out and make Dues Ex using Mass Effect as their reference on how to make a best selling video game. It cried out ME2 from the time i started till the time I dropped out of the game. Story line seemed good, but the game felt like I was just completing tasks to see the next cut scene seeing they were the most exciting parts. This game would have made a much better movie than game. Controls and customization of such lacked none. I just wished they would have tried to do something more original with their game play. Expand
  11. Aug 31, 2011
    A couple things changed since I updated my review last time. First they patched the game so many of the bugs that it released with have been fixed (tho, Steam forums are still populated with people having problems). Second my opinion of the game got worse. There is nothing good at all in this game. The AI is the single worst I have ever seen. The graphics (despite DX11) are very badA couple things changed since I updated my review last time. First they patched the game so many of the bugs that it released with have been fixed (tho, Steam forums are still populated with people having problems). Second my opinion of the game got worse. There is nothing good at all in this game. The AI is the single worst I have ever seen. The graphics (despite DX11) are very bad with overly simplistic environments made up of the same prop copied over and over. Likewise the sounds are repetitive and enemies will get on your nerves repeating the same thing over and over again. Character models look at least 4 years old, to compare I went to Half Life 2 which is 6 years old, about the same. The story is so full of unbelievable stupid downright thoughtless missteps and pitfalls its more of a parody of something, tho what I have no idea. It will have you doing things like covering for employees stealing from your company, though you are the security chief and as far as you know the company saved your life. Later you will be asked to collect debts and steal things, none of which have anything to do with....anything. Your actions have ZERO impact on the story or outcome. To be sure of this I started a second play through and murdered everyone in Detroit, except quest givers, but I did murder quest objectives before I had received their quests. No change in anyone's behavior, guy A tells me to "take care of" guy B and so on. I even killed all the cops in the station which didn't seem to bother any cops outside, or even on a different floor of the station while I was doing it. There are no consequences for any of your actions unless maybe you kill a quest giver before you finish his quest. On the hardest difficulty the game is pathetically easy because the dumb AI will all stand in a row for you waiting to get shot. Out of ammo? No problem, just duck behind a corner or box for about 5 mins and they will forget about you. Also the freedom and open gameplay which is so prominently advertised is nonexistent. Your choice is to get from point A to goal B by either crawling through vents (and for a 40 hour game, do you want to stare at the insides of duct work for that long?) or by shooting your way there. It's as linear as linear gets, the goals never change, the order never changes and once you are done with an area it's done, there is no going back to explore more. I am genuinely dumbfounded that anyone likes this game and is willing to look past its multiple and glaring short comings. If you enjoy good graphics, a solid story that makes sense, intelligent enemies and challenging gameplay look elsewhere. Expand
  12. Aug 25, 2011
    I couldn't play past the first hour.

-You can't scope aim unless you're up against a crate, even if its more advantageous to be out in the open. -Blind fire almost never hit the target. Even when in fairly close range -The tranq dart didn't even have a reticle when aiming (at least it didn't for me on the PC version) making it damn near useless. How the hell do I hit the enemy?? -Enemy
    I couldn't play past the first hour.

-Blind fire almost never hit the target. Even when in fairly close range
    -Enemy handguns never had more than a single bullet in them
    -Melee takedowns require battery and if you don't have enough charge, it will deny you the right to use them even if you are a second from death.
    -You can't take more than a few hits before you get the raspberry blood screen and have to go back through the loading screen. A challenge is a challenge but this combined with all of the above is infuriating.

As someone who tries to play stealthy but just can't, I got into a lot of gunfights.
    The combat is so unbelievably bad, crippling you and your ability to dispose of bad guys.
    Nothing could drag me back to play this again.
    I hear the story is pretty good though.
  13. Oct 21, 2013
    Be warned. Not anywhere near the hype. very generic shooter with "rpg" elements such as the basic crappy skill tree, barely any decision making involved, some skills are handy while others are are just "cool" or extremely situation, no builds of any kind. not to mention the "quest" system, because my idea of a good time is running around for 10-15 minutes in between dumb monotonous sideBe warned. Not anywhere near the hype. very generic shooter with "rpg" elements such as the basic crappy skill tree, barely any decision making involved, some skills are handy while others are are just "cool" or extremely situation, no builds of any kind. not to mention the "quest" system, because my idea of a good time is running around for 10-15 minutes in between dumb monotonous side quests that seem like half the quest is just figuring out how the hell i get somewhere without running into a wall or fence. this all would be ok if the action portion of the game was actually good. but it's not, with bad ragdoll physics (bodies simply go limp when shot, extremely unsatisfying gun play, don't think there was blood decals on bodies from what I recall) lack of variety of weapons, unsatisfying boss fights, and honestly pretty lackluster story. Expand
  14. Jun 11, 2013
    Its just like they ran out of budget fairly early on.

There's a lack of integrity throughout; If you shoot a guard, alarms will sound and his buddies will pursue you... All you have to do is go upstairs and everything's cool. I had 5 guards after me. I simply hid behind an office desk. They shot and shot but couldn't follow me and eventually returned to their patrols. To cap it off,
    Its just like they ran out of budget fairly early on.

I had 5 guards after me. I simply hid behind an office desk. They shot and shot but couldn't follow me and eventually returned to their patrols. To cap it off, while hiding under the desk I opened a drawer to look for items. When the coast was clear I found that I couldn't get past the open drawer. I was stuck and had to restart the game.
    Also... You can punch a hole in a reinforced concrete wall but explosives won't knock a biro off a desk.
    The ridiculous takedown animations are completely out of place. It'd a mish mash of metal gear stealth vs mortal kombat finishing. Bizarre.
    The cut scenes are just awful. Poor character design scripted and acted by third rate amateurs.
    I desperately want to like this game. But in the end its not sufficiently finished for me to want to continue. I find PC Gamer's review of this game quite sinister. Its as if they went with promo blurb from eidos and didn't actually play the game.
    If you genuinely review this as above average then you're not asking enough of games developers.
    I'm stopping playing it. Need I say more?
  15. Aug 16, 2014
    what can i say, another average game milking prior success. don't bother playing unless your a fan of mediocrity. I do not know how this game has so many good reviews.
  16. Jul 15, 2014
    I say, without any form of exaggeration, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is easily the worst video game I have ever played. I have played MANY bad games, some of which can scarcely be called "games", in my life, but every game I have played in my life, even those I have hated, have one thing in common that Human Revolution lacks: None of these games have caused me actual physical pain throughI say, without any form of exaggeration, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is easily the worst video game I have ever played. I have played MANY bad games, some of which can scarcely be called "games", in my life, but every game I have played in my life, even those I have hated, have one thing in common that Human Revolution lacks: None of these games have caused me actual physical pain through their game design as Human Revolution has.

The game's art designer made decision to wash the entire game in a monochromatic "piss" yellow filter to cover his poor art assets and self inserting his own face onto the main character. This filter forces my eyes to attempt to separate yellow (a color that on its own is harsh on the human eye) from a slightly different yellow, a very stressful and irritating process that makes the game unplayable for me. How this was never realized during testing and before release is beyond me.

Even the mods that "fix" this problem do little more than make the harsh lighting white, not yellow. While white lighting is much less annoying than yellow is, attempting to seperate objects in the truly monochromatic environment (what is called "monochromatic" tends to have two colors, white and black, that contrast nicely and easily let you see objects, and greyscale even lets you make out detail in items)

I STRONGLY recommend against paying for this game, or playing it even if you don't have to pay for it. The physical pain aspect means that I could not even accept playing it even if I were payed to do so. This game should NEVER have been released in the state it was, and to actually charge money to fix this problem, as the developers have done, is just disgusting.
  17. Aug 25, 2012
    I loved the design, inventory, map etc and the world seemed of a piece. The stealth was really fun as known from Deus Ex but I hated the "bosses". They are kind of overpowered and do not seem to fit into the story/game at ALL.
  18. Sep 25, 2013
    Really can't understand why this game has so many 10 ratings. This game is just a dumbed-down version of the original Deus Ex. The agent skill, weapon skill, augmentation upgrade and weapon upgrade system in original game is much simplified and combined to a simple grow chart, ruining the fun of decision making in specialization with various possibilities.

The graphics is just of 2005

The graphics is just of 2005 standard with a yellow tone with no option to customize. (even the original in 2000 has option to customize that kind of thing) Even though the graphic is poor, the performance of the game is quite bad due to poor optimization for various cores of CPU in PC. Graphic glitches or stuttering is quite common among users with different specifications of PC.

The story is quite boring due to the linear plot, i.e. someone is bad, we need to find him or her. Later, oh he or she is also being used by others. Let's find the man behind them. Rinse and repeat until your boss fight. The poor voice acting really test players' patience via introducing frequent cut-scenes with various characters, with lengthy conversation without any real value to plot or info. This just serves as a social simulator to test player to pick a correct option to please the character so that you can get the info. you need. A good RPG game is not about lengthy conversation, it focuses more on building of character and world as well as plot development. However, those boring conversations do not help in this aspect.

The gameplay is also very boring like a hacking simulator to keep on playing the stupid mini-games to read emails, open door for your plot progress. Buildings look very similar as well, with same kind of locked door, wood door, windows, and vent. Level designs are linear and very poor, with nearly moving in vent is the only stealth way to move across level, excluding the strategy of hiding and taking cover in main corridor.

The stealth system is also stupid, playing cut-scene all the time when player switching cover, performing takedown from back, moving down ladder, causing frequent switch between first-person and third-person views. This is just too annoying for a FPS.

Health system and shooting system is also a dumbed-down version of original. Cross-hair is always accurate regardless of weapon proficiency, and the health management is also streamlined, further ruining the fun in strategy planning before surprise attack.

Overall, by discarding the special features in original Deus Ex, together with a boring story, this game simply become a game very similar to other streamlined games like Hitman Absolution or Splinter Cell Blacklist, but even they shine more on the game's own features.
  19. Oct 29, 2013
    A game undeserving of the hype, but ok otherwise. Gunfighting is bland but this is meant to be played stealth, where it does a bit better. The graphics are very dated, comparable to a game from 2006, like Hitman Blood Money. The level design is also mediocre, but neither of these ruin the game, the story is ok. For me the mechanics are a bit old-fashioned and arcade, but otherwiseA game undeserving of the hype, but ok otherwise. Gunfighting is bland but this is meant to be played stealth, where it does a bit better. The graphics are very dated, comparable to a game from 2006, like Hitman Blood Money. The level design is also mediocre, but neither of these ruin the game, the story is ok. For me the mechanics are a bit old-fashioned and arcade, but otherwise acceptable. Porting from console to PC has been done well. Expand
  20. Jul 20, 2013
    This is one of the less inmersive games I have played, the dialog is dullm boring and predictable, it doesnt feel real at all it feels like if you are playing a game,the action is quite boring,you just dont care about the characters,the main character is a tough guy with a raspy voice (how original),the upgrades are boring. I dont understand the hype behind this game there are much betterThis is one of the less inmersive games I have played, the dialog is dullm boring and predictable, it doesnt feel real at all it feels like if you are playing a game,the action is quite boring,you just dont care about the characters,the main character is a tough guy with a raspy voice (how original),the upgrades are boring. I dont understand the hype behind this game there are much better games out there, I bougth this at 85% discount and I regret it. Expand
  21. Aug 12, 2013
    It was a fairly decent game I enjoyed taxing bad guys and shooting gangsters,but when I reloaded the game from a save point the game graphically glitches out I mean you couldn't even see the player in cover that's how bad out it was therefore this game gets a zero
  22. Nov 20, 2015
    Story is average at best. The final morale monologue is silly. Action based combat is ok, the sneaky way is super benevolent, guards have like 60degree to see you so you can sneak almost directly in front of them. It gets very fast repetitive. The small city hubs are a joke.
  23. Feb 19, 2014
    The style and visuals of this game are absolutely amazing.
    But the multiple 'open' areas of the game fall short, since it's just corridors with some microscopical roads and cars with a skybox.
    The style and visuals of this game are absolutely amazing.

At the beginning, the stealth is really nice. Being able to take on situations differently. But there comes a moment where the amount of possible routes are over the top, and a lot of times, I ended up hacking a door which leads back to the street, or following a sewer that led me away from where I wanted to go.

In some parts of the game, they put you in a room with SOOO many guards, cameras and robots that it becomes funny. To the point where it's ironic if you were able to pass through it. In these moments you'll be forced a lot into combat. (unless you reload your save file 50 times over till you ace it) Where it's 1 vs 5-15 with a real limited amount of ammo.

>>>SPOILER AHEAD
  24. Nov 16, 2013
    So I was enjoying my quiet peace time when suddenly a wild review pops out showing Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a 90 score on Metacritic. WTF, that can't be right?? So I click on the link to see what it is that these people saw that I missed...
    Amazing graphics? You mean all those flat textures, bad lighting and weirdly unalive faces? Mediocre at best really...
    The mechanics where
    The mechanics where terrible!! It had the fluidity of bread dough going through a sif. The controls where ok, but the act and reactions of everything where horrible, including animations that seemed to have nothing to do with what was actually happening to that NPC.
    Performance issues! Your telling me that I can run Crysis perfectly but I should lag on this piece of crap that I won't even rank in the same decade of graphical quality?
    I'll admit the only part I'll give this game some points is that the story wasn't too bad, quite cool actually, but it didn't pull me in and make me feel invested in the characters like some other games in the past have.
    It felt too me too much like a failed attempt at copying other titles that did what they did much better... And i know the original Deus Ex predated all these games, but then it only means they haven caught up with the times.
    The stealthy and augmented capability fighting was way better in crysis.
    Oh and then you have the bugs.
    Honestly I'm just baffled... I mean come on...
  25. Oct 18, 2012
    Having looked at the ridiculous, perfect 10 scores the Eidos and Square employees have been giving this rather mediocre game, I've decided to try and balance out the bias a bit (by awarding a nice fat zero to this console abomination)...
  26. Jun 20, 2013
    The concept art and genre held a lot of promise but sadly fell well short of telling an engaging visual story. This is not to say that the the story concept was flawed or bad, rather the environments are sterile, overly large, uncluttered, and completely unbelievable affairs. This is not a well thought out universe that feels lived in. It is shallowly crafted setting in which to collectThe concept art and genre held a lot of promise but sadly fell well short of telling an engaging visual story. This is not to say that the the story concept was flawed or bad, rather the environments are sterile, overly large, uncluttered, and completely unbelievable affairs. This is not a well thought out universe that feels lived in. It is shallowly crafted setting in which to collect and exercise uninspired skill choice options that fail to give a sense of customization or personal character. The "boss" fights are completely ridiculous affairs that feel completely out of place and shallow -in the take cover, throw some explosives, and shoot in the head 'till dead kind of way. Any combat or sneak realism, is just thrown out the door in favor of "this is a boss and thus will be coated with an admantine substance which renders skillful or thoughtful play useless". Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    I got this game through a weekend special on Steam so my financial investment was not full price, but I still consider it a waste considering current standards. Right from the beginning I found the story implausible and down right ridiculous but I soldiered on hoping that the game play would be worth the investment. I did enjoy confronting the soldiers, sneaking around and having toI got this game through a weekend special on Steam so my financial investment was not full price, but I still consider it a waste considering current standards. Right from the beginning I found the story implausible and down right ridiculous but I soldiered on hoping that the game play would be worth the investment. I did enjoy confronting the soldiers, sneaking around and having to outwit rather then out-gun. But the game never really drew me in, the controls are awkward and the visuals look tacky & ugly most of the time. The last straw was the boss encounters which I absolutely hate. After the second one came up and I wasted an hour in it, I deleted the game in disgust. Why do game designers continue to add these sections? They destroy the flow of the game and have no place in a story driven game like this one, as implausible as the story is. I enjoyed Doom in 1993 as much as the next, but boss fights have no place in a modern PC game IMO. Expand
  28. Oct 10, 2011
    I really can not understand why this game is so highly praised. The graphics are not impressive, the dialogue is trite, the characters are bland and one dimensional and the upgrades are boring as hell. Actions seem to have no true impact and nothing I encountered made me even raise my eyebrows. If you are among the people that count this as one of your favourite titles I must tell you oneI really can not understand why this game is so highly praised. The graphics are not impressive, the dialogue is trite, the characters are bland and one dimensional and the upgrades are boring as hell. Actions seem to have no true impact and nothing I encountered made me even raise my eyebrows. If you are among the people that count this as one of your favourite titles I must tell you one thing.

Welcome to the world of videogames, you must be new here.
  29. Jan 15, 2012
    Pretty bad. While the graphics are reasonably good, the frame rate is absolutely terrible even on a reasonably fast computer (5750, i5-2500). Lots of random slowdowns, and 5-10 fps out in Detroit. If you don't like stealth games, you won't like this game; the FPS and RPG angles are pretty poorly done. I stopped playing after about 4 hours.
  30. Jan 1, 2012
    READ SYRIK 117 persons agree with him . This is a boring games . Undevoted workmanship ! employees doing the danse that the Boss want to see ! if it was an Indi i would have give it a 7 , but from a big cie and tons of cash spent a big ZERO .
  31. Aug 30, 2011
    This game has a lot to live up to... and sadly, just like 'Deus Ex - Invisible War', it fails. At least Invisible war had Deus Ex creator, Warren Spector onboard and shared many similarities with the original. With this release, Eidos have completely redone Deus ex and taken very little (apart from a few key role play elements) from the original title. I get the distinct feeling thatThis game has a lot to live up to... and sadly, just like 'Deus Ex - Invisible War', it fails. At least Invisible war had Deus Ex creator, Warren Spector onboard and shared many similarities with the original. With this release, Eidos have completely redone Deus ex and taken very little (apart from a few key role play elements) from the original title. I get the distinct feeling that the small similarities were done for the sake of novelty. I have to say that this game has a very distinct feel to it, very different from anything else I've ever played. This is one area where I feel that Eidos deserve some praise. The level designs and their respective aesthetics are not exactly consistent with the Deus Ex franchise, but are nice. Unfortunately, Human Revolution is let down by the story, which feels watered down and all over the place. In fact, from a narrative perspective, it is an utter mess. I did not empathise with ANY of the parties involved and was left feeling that the whole game was soulless. The story was nothing short of trivial, stupid and unfulfilling, leaving many flimsy or entirely loose ends in its wake. If I was a developer, I would have thrown the script where it belongs - the trash. Expand
  32. Nov 6, 2011
    I am essentially a PC gamer I've played far too many games on my always evolving gaming machine over the last 17 years & my all-time favourite game ever was the original Deus Ex.
    So, despite my initial skepticism when I first heard about this game ,thinking it was going to be a dumbed down version of the original ( DE2 anyone) I eventually gave in to the hype and bought it.
    I immediately

I immediately didn't like the look of the game . The modified Crystal Dynamics engine makes it look & feel like a console game. The overall yellowish hue that has been lauded by some irritated the hell out of me. I mean I really hate it , this alone would be enough to ruin the game for me if it didn't have so many other glaring flaws. The incongruity of some of the graphics was laughable. Some of the 2d backgrounds look like they were drawn by a four year old with a blunt crayon. An absolute terrible choice of graphics engine.
    It is completely devoid of the atmosphere which was a big part of what made Deus Ex so great .
    So many other games look & feel so much better and have infinitely more atmosphere. Eg. Crysis 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Rage etc even the very consoley Mass Effect,
    Of course sub standard graphics are easy to overlook if the gameplay is good . I personally thought the cover system was ok - again it adds to the overall console feel of the game the way it jumps to 3rd person but it was well implemented & it did come in handy. As has been mentioned by others the hacking system quickly becomes tedious and most of the hacking augs are pointless. The weapons were ok if not unoriginal & uninspiring. The auto-kill button (stealth kill) & the Typhoon is pure cheese. The AI is generally sub par . The level design feels narrow & claustrophobic yet it still manages to make navigation difficult at times. The navigational map is truly pointless and clunky to use. There is no feeling of contrast between the different level like in the original 10 yr old game. (Such as the large open world maps , dank sewers & undersea labs in Deus Ex) . As for the RPG elements this game is linear as hell , you don't really get to make choices that matter and as other reviewers have pointed out it doesn't matter if you butcher everything in sight or try and stealth your way through the entire game (btw, you can't) . This becomes very evident at the ending of the game which was just ridiculous.
    The combat is ok , the weapon models are acceptable but this all turns to excreta when you encounter your first (what the ..) boss battle! Really , boss battles in Deus Ex? The overall length of the game is way shorter than the original , it lacks it's depth , it's choice, it's atmosphere . It won't make you want to play it again and again. It failed to deliver what much older games of the same genre to Deus Ex did like Blood Lines:Masquerade & System Shock.
    This game would have been a mediocre 5 or 6 if it didn't have the words Deus Ex attached to it but IT DID so it gets a fat zero.
    Don't waste your time or money.
    On the upside , Skyrim is out in a few days - it will have over 300 hrs of RPG gameplay goodness.
  33. Sep 14, 2011
    Perhaps if I'd played the original I would have liked this one more (maybe +1 to my score of 6).

Anyway this game had some enjoyable moments but for me personally it was just a little too boring. Kinda great like MGS 4 but then those ultra long cut-scenes came along. Well DE:HR comes across like that quite often too...oh look another hacking "mini-game" when I can hack level 5 equipment and score the codes off of enemies (just a little too easy for me...they should have reduced the rate at which you level up Mr J.

I will probably never finish it (still with over 16 hours in so far...at LEAST ("reload" "reload" "reload"...lol..."reload").
  34. Jul 30, 2013
    It looks yellow. Seriously, check Youtube and see how yellow it is. How could anyone say that these are great graphics? Bland is what I call them. Then there's horribly boring voice acting. If this was a movie, it would never get a high rating because the acting is so dreary! On top of that, the gameplay is boring as well, for a stealth game. I never once had a tense moment. I uninstalledIt looks yellow. Seriously, check Youtube and see how yellow it is. How could anyone say that these are great graphics? Bland is what I call them. Then there's horribly boring voice acting. If this was a movie, it would never get a high rating because the acting is so dreary! On top of that, the gameplay is boring as well, for a stealth game. I never once had a tense moment. I uninstalled and I'm not going back. Expand
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Buyer beware" should be stuck to the front of the box. Being a huge fan of the original I had my reserved concerns about the new title. But, **** me, was I in for a rather unpleasant surprise. Outdated "consolized" graphics and even worse controls, increasingly annoying door hacks, piss-poor AI, generically bland weapons, god-awful cover system and many more. However, all of that bleaks in comparison to, you guessed it, BOSS FIGHTS! In a stealth game! WTF, Eidos? What have you been smoking, when you decided that a full-stealth character (no armour, no aim stabilization - no combat skills at all) can take a minigun-wielding tank of a boss? At least you managed to leave some gas canisters and exploding barrels around the room, but still - this is Deus Ex (sort of) not Quake. For the second boss you have to have EMP Shielding or you'll end up running around spraying lead all over the place trying to catch those telltale circles on the water surface. Up to that point I encountered exactly zero EMP attacks, what on Earth would compel me to get the aug which is in a 'combat' branch I haven't even unlocked yet? Oh, and we still have to stack crates, when all the other cyberheroes learned to climb. All in all, it left a stale, utterly disappointing aftertaste. Your game style (combat/stealth) has no influence on how your boss fights unfold or the choices you get at the end ("push a button to complete the game"). Only buy if you can get it dirt-cheap. Expand
  36. Sep 25, 2011
    Poor graphics and poor colors. Action, aiming, story are a mess. The story, what story ????
    Another **** console port with only 2 colors : orange and yellow.
    Playing DX11 with everything maxed out will thow away my rig (i7 960 + 24GB DDR3 1600 + GeForce 560 Ti + SSD 240 GB SATA III) impossible to aim because of so much mouse lag. You die and you die and again die, die, die..... and
    Another **** console port with only 2 colors : orange and yellow.
    You die and you die and again die, die, die..... and sometimes, after 50 direct headshots, one NPC is dead...
    Stupid, pathetic, unuseful, brain dead A.I.
    Just plain all ****
    All critics review over 80 is beyond understanding. There must be bad taste and/or wrong I.Q. or hidden financial arrangement, otherwise, there is no possible explanation.
  37. Oct 2, 2011
    When i started to play this game i had a nagging feeling that i have seen it before - and not in a good sense, like returning to expected world but a feeling of something being out of place. After a day in the world it finally hit me - this game is nothing more than adoption and re-make of Vampire: The Masquerade â
  38. Sep 10, 2011
    Utter disappointment. Steaming pile of rushed, uninspired gaming excrement.

*Cover system: terrible and confining. *Maps: confusing and incomplete. *Combat: outdated and random. *City Hubs: like VTMB but worse. Convoluted and deceptively small. The feel bigger than they are due to the fact that, since you can't tell one area from another, so you never know where you are or how far
    Utter disappointment. Steaming pile of rushed, uninspired gaming excrement.

*Cover system: terrible and confining.
    *Maps: confusing and incomplete.
    *Combat: outdated and random. *City Hubs: like VTMB but worse. Convoluted and deceptively small. The feel bigger than they are due to the fact that, since you can't tell one area from another, so you never know where you are or how far you've gone.
    *Bosses: actually make the game worse. MUCH worse. Out of place, poorly designed, completely uninteresting.
    *Voice acting: must have been done by the interns. (I'll never get this... millions of dollars to produce a game and developers can't get decent voice acting? I swear I could do better than these hack voice actors, and I wouldn't even require union wages.)
    *Graphics: does Eidos think that making everything blurry makes it look better? Guess what: it doesn't. Some of the recurring (and out-of-place ) props look like they were drawn by someone who had never seen a real-life example. Hey Eidos, that recurring store you put in Hengsha 50 times doesn't look futuristic, it looks like Nintendo 64. *Character models: Does everyone in 2027 drink 37 Red Bulls an hour?

*Story: would be mediocre all on its own, but is rendered completely meaningless by the fact that the main character is a self-contradictory, detached robot who seems brilliant and educated in one moment and then socially, strategically, or tactically retarded in the next. 10 hours into the game, I forgot what was even happening. I still couldn't tell someone else the plot if they held a gun to my head.

This game should get a zero, but I will give it ONE POINT: nipples. Well, almost nipples, but there is no selection for a half point.

Do not buy this terrible game, unless it is the first game you have ever played and you have money to burn. In that case, you might marvel at its elements, which appear outdated and generally terrible to anyone who has played a video game since 2005.

the end.
  39. Sep 3, 2011
    Story: The only great thing about the game is the world it's set in, and the trailers that hyped it up, I was on the fence about buying this game until I saw the live action trailer about the ethics of augmentations. The way the story's told is good, slowly unfolds like any good RPGs, however, that's about all the good thing I can say about this game. Graphics: Very outdated, especiallyStory: The only great thing about the game is the world it's set in, and the trailers that hyped it up, I was on the fence about buying this game until I saw the live action trailer about the ethics of augmentations. The way the story's told is good, slowly unfolds like any good RPGs, however, that's about all the good thing I can say about this game. Graphics: Very outdated, especially for a PC game, this looks to be at least 5 years old if that.

Gameplay: I'm somewhat confused about the genre of this game, while it is meant to be an RPG, I fail to see the point of upgrading my character, anyone who's been playing for any FPS for longer than 5 years should be able to get through the game without any upgrades, the NPCs are extremely dumb, they have the field of vision of someone who's glued two toilet rows to their eye socket, you can literally walk straight pass someone's side and they wouldn't know, apparently in the future, peripheral vision doesn't exist in human anymore. It's very easy to take out 4 guys in a room without alerting any of them, their predictable, and unrealistic path means you probably don't even have to, and should you wish to knock them out, all it takes is a press of a button. The take-down action looks like a bad mixture between Assassin's Creed and some 80s action flick, extremely exaggerated sound effects, and perhaps most importantly, not one bit stealthy. Look at Metal Gear Solid 4, look how they've approached close quarter combat, they have shown that not only they have done research, they also don't treat their audiences like idiots. Speaking of patrionising, what's up with random human sized vents that lead to exactly what you need every single time? Were the architects of every building in the world part of Sarif and could see into the future, putting vents at exactly where Jensen needs every single time? Conclusion: This is a stealth game where all environment are almost always perfectly lite, bodies can't be hidden, and lights can't be turned off. It's an RPG game where upgrading your character is purely for jokes as oppose to a necessity to beat the game, enemies take no effort to beat, and are so stupid chances are you just walk straight pass them and they wouldn't care. This game strangely reminds me of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, except that'd be a compliment this game doesn't deserve one bit, it's like Vampire, without the dynamic story, or the likable characters, or the ability to influence your relationship with the said characters.
  40. Sep 12, 2011
    I got to stop buying these console ports. They suck. So does this one. Boring and tedious hacking of terminals, inventory management and a droning sound track make this game a turd. If Mass Effect 2 was a 9+ this one is a 5. I'm giving it a 2 to get the average score down to something approaching reality. You almost die and they rebuild you as a cyborg...seen it. Robocop, Quake 4, SixI got to stop buying these console ports. They suck. So does this one. Boring and tedious hacking of terminals, inventory management and a droning sound track make this game a turd. If Mass Effect 2 was a 9+ this one is a 5. I'm giving it a 2 to get the average score down to something approaching reality. You almost die and they rebuild you as a cyborg...seen it. Robocop, Quake 4, Six Million Dollar Man...been there. I really do want to finish the story but the game play is so stale and rehashed that I am stopping. I just don't care that much to waste anymore time. I will wait for Mass Effect 3. Expand
  41. Sep 25, 2011
    Awful graphics. Awful storyline. Awful controls. Shame on developers for releasing such a game in 2011 I deleted it after playing for 20 minutes. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is waste of money.
  42. m0s
    Feb 18, 2012
    I've been an avid gamer since the days of owning my amstrad 464. I've played many games over the years. For me, Deus ex falls into the category of an over hyped game that fails to live up to expectations. It reminds me of an inferior version of Splinter Cell. Adam jenson, the main protagonist uses augmentations to give him special abilities, but i never really feel like he's anythingI've been an avid gamer since the days of owning my amstrad 464. I've played many games over the years. For me, Deus ex falls into the category of an over hyped game that fails to live up to expectations. It reminds me of an inferior version of Splinter Cell. Adam jenson, the main protagonist uses augmentations to give him special abilities, but i never really feel like he's anything special. It's like they designed the abilities around a players needs. Theres always something there you can use to negate an aspect of gameplay. For example if you can't be bothered to hack you can use automatic unlocking devices; if you find it too taxing to negotiate areas with enemies they'll allow you to see through walls or if you want to be immune to the effects or concussions or gas grenades you can have that too. The skills don't really add anything special to the gameplay. It's like they have gone to great lengths to accomodate the needs of your average short attention span console player.

Exploring the graphically uninspiring environment is pretty pointless. I got tired of hacking into places or robbing shops for credits or for extra ammo or weapons i already possessed. Occasionally you will find a weapon you might want or upgrades for your existing weapons, but that doesn't happen that often.

The graphics are blocky and bland, and there is a distinct lack of texture and detail to the envoironment.

The story is just mediocre. It didn't keep me interested. What kept me playing the game was that i paid for it and didn't want feel like i had wasted money.

This game feels formulaic, like its been tinkered with to try and be all things to all people, but ends up being mediocre. It's like one of those movies that are made by producers that throw in all kinds of rubbish to try and appeal to the biggest demographic to increase sales. Supprisingly people fall for it.
  43. Aug 28, 2011
    Human Revolution is a lot shallower than the depth it promises. Your choice of actions throughout the game has nothing to do with the â
  44. Aug 31, 2011
    Human Revolution has interesting combat, and an interesting plotline. However the ending has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the series, and the AI is broken beyond all belief. If anyone who played this has ever tried sneaking without getting alarms you're in for the hardest time of your life. Or even playing the game on a difficulty above easy. The game was moderately enjoyable,Human Revolution has interesting combat, and an interesting plotline. However the ending has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the series, and the AI is broken beyond all belief. If anyone who played this has ever tried sneaking without getting alarms you're in for the hardest time of your life. Or even playing the game on a difficulty above easy. The game was moderately enjoyable, I found it difficult to get over the enemy AI, and detection system.
    Upon completing the game I felt highly unsatisfied. It felt rushed, and after working extremely hard to finish the game, it felt like a giant slap in the face from the developers. This is in no way even close to what the original Deus Ex was. It was a good game, but when putting it up next to the original's storyline, gameplay, and all around feel/message Human Revolution is just a recycled version of Deus Ex to fit the needs of anyone with little to no attention span, no interest in plotline, and don't care much for stealth based titles. Although I disliked this game for not being similar to the original, it is definitely a game for the "CoD" generation. That's for sure...
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolute rubbish graphics makes it very difficult to play for me. Have been forcing myself to play in the hope that i will get into it but have failed. Just feels and looks like an ancient game. Just couldn't get into it at all. Very bland and well...just boring really.

So if you got a beefed up system and visuals are important to you...stay away from this. Let down really bit i'd rather play mass effect 2 again rather than persevere with this.
  46. oso
    Mar 6, 2012
    Again i've wasted Money for a incredible boring Game. The firefights are so far not that bad, its just the lack of any interesting story line and stupid gameplay features that pisses me of. There is also the incredible bad Graphics (esp. character design/facial expression) which seem to be from a different century.
  47. Sep 30, 2011
    After all the positive reviews I heard about Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I was convinced it was a game worth buying. The frame-rate single handedly proved me wrong. My current computer (a 2009 Dell xps 8100, quad-core i5 with 8 gigs of RAM) isn't amazing, but it allows me to play fairly high quality games with relative ease. As a matter of fact, I have never had frame-rate issues on anyAfter all the positive reviews I heard about Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I was convinced it was a game worth buying. The frame-rate single handedly proved me wrong. My current computer (a 2009 Dell xps 8100, quad-core i5 with 8 gigs of RAM) isn't amazing, but it allows me to play fairly high quality games with relative ease. As a matter of fact, I have never had frame-rate issues on any game, (server and internet connection being obvious exceptions) from fast paced Scout-runs in Team Fortress 2 to slaying hordes Orks in WarHammer 40,000: Space Marine. To be frank, the frame-rate issues I have encountered while playing even the first fifteen minutes of Deus Ex: Human Revolution have been unacceptable by any means, practically rendering the game unplayable (let alone an enjoyable experience). Would I recommend this game to one of my friends? By no means. Perhaps the issues I have suffered are individual, but that still doesn't give me a reason to give this game a good score. When I made the Steam purchase of Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Augmented Edition,with the two DLC packages) for $65.00, I also bought The Binding of Isaac for $5. As of now, I have enjoyed The Binding of Isaac much, much more than Deus Ex. I can tell S. Enix put work into the creation of this game, so I give it a 4/10. Expand
  48. Mar 12, 2012
    Not living up to the hype. The graphics are bland and subpar for a 2011 AAA title with really ugly textures, the cover controls feel awkward to use, voice acting is below average. Character animations are really bad and repetitive and make the characters unbelievable. The game also suffers from poor AI. When you are detected, enemies start yelling "Hey! Where are you?" for a while and thenNot living up to the hype. The graphics are bland and subpar for a 2011 AAA title with really ugly textures, the cover controls feel awkward to use, voice acting is below average. Character animations are really bad and repetitive and make the characters unbelievable. The game also suffers from poor AI. When you are detected, enemies start yelling "Hey! Where are you?" for a while and then just walk away as if nothing ever happened. Just after reading the tutorials on combat and stealth - being advised to move dead bodies to a place where they cannot be seen, or else - I shot a guy from a distance, then 4 others ran toward him, hunching over his body, just queueing up for me to shoot them in the back. They didn't do anything when one of their allies dropped to the floor right beside them. Expand
  49. May 11, 2013
    Alpha Protocol meets Vampire: Bloodlines, without the bugs, or ambition, of either of them. The result is something usually smooth and playable but never compelling.
  50. Oct 14, 2011
    Don't buy this game. I liked the previous Deus Ex games but the only good thing about this sequel is that it's as polished as you'd expect from a big game studio like Eidos Montreal. The story is dumb, the AI is dumber, the graphics and animation is dated, the jokes are bad, the gameplay is repetitive and feels linear. Sure there's often three or four ways to get from one room to the next:Don't buy this game. I liked the previous Deus Ex games but the only good thing about this sequel is that it's as polished as you'd expect from a big game studio like Eidos Montreal. The story is dumb, the AI is dumber, the graphics and animation is dated, the jokes are bad, the gameplay is repetitive and feels linear. Sure there's often three or four ways to get from one room to the next: Rambo style, Find the duct, hack a door lock (involves an incredibly dull and repetitive minigame) or punch through a wall. If you chose one playstyle (like stealth) there's usually only one option though. At certain bottlenecks you have to go all out violent, like the out of place boss fights, or if you want a chance to save your friend. If you made the mistake of focusing on stealth you might have to start over at that point. There's nothing new or innovative about this game and the features they've picked has all been implemented much better before. The story is about how prosthetics are causing worldwide riots and terrorism... come on, prosthetics!? They try really hard to make it seem bad but fail miserably. Humans are already "augmented": glasses, watches, cars, phones; nothing new there. I honestly don't understand how anyone who's actually played this game can give it a high rating unless they either got paid for doing so or are fourteen years old. Expand
  51. Feb 10, 2013
    average at best.it was one of games when all interest is gone and you just want to complete the game.the same theme through, hack computers, crawl through vents, easy bosses even on hard.it just was a huge overrated failure.
  52. Dec 29, 2012
    I loved the first Deus Ex game (as a kid) and played it through, so my expectations were high to begin with. Deus Ex Human Revolution didn't get even close to meeting my expectations. The game is linear, the "cities" feel artificial and dead, you can't really interact with anything except through the few obvious paths. Except for that, the voice acting is not convincing and the goldI loved the first Deus Ex game (as a kid) and played it through, so my expectations were high to begin with. Deus Ex Human Revolution didn't get even close to meeting my expectations. The game is linear, the "cities" feel artificial and dead, you can't really interact with anything except through the few obvious paths. Except for that, the voice acting is not convincing and the gold coloring of everything is annoying. Bottom line: the game wasn't convincing and wasn't fun. I stopped playing after a few hours of gameplay. Expand
  53. Jun 15, 2013
    I don't understand how this is so highly reviewed. It has little to no replay value and is boring to play. The only positive i can think of is cutscenes and its like SWTOR cutscenes but less impactive. I tried original on normal and had horrible time with the first boss and after that all the other bosses were easy as Predictable story and even the ending was predictable but maybe thatsI don't understand how this is so highly reviewed. It has little to no replay value and is boring to play. The only positive i can think of is cutscenes and its like SWTOR cutscenes but less impactive. I tried original on normal and had horrible time with the first boss and after that all the other bosses were easy as Predictable story and even the ending was predictable but maybe thats what they were going for. The thing i hate most of this game is the slow pace making it feel like a MMO. The skill system lacks any real fun skill to mess around with. The funnest skill by hacking and not for actually hacking the minigame for hacking is complete Its purely luck based hacking and is not challenging at all. The most challenges you will have is lvl 1-2 after that the challenges are simple as You can die from the slightest falls and unless you have the skill to make all falls do no damage but even after that your forced to watch a cutscene every single time you fall... So if your being attacked you watch yourself being shot while standing waiting for the cutscene to stop. The AI is terrible they will walk through walls and doors but not smart enough to look in vents and wth is with vents they are perfect size for you and only lead you where you need to go...? Every single boss is shoot and kill and only in the final boss do they change things up like press button then shoot and kill. The final cutscenes are just video taken from other videos mashed in together... Oh thats great you can't toss in maybe a ending where he atleast walks out of the place or what happened to the people which you just saved. Just unsatisfied completly.. Poor voice acting you always get pulled out of the enviroment or situation laughing at it. The map designs are terriiibbblle Cluttered and one direct. Side quests are pointless and don't change much. The iron sign aim is useless and off aim for most guns that use them. Why has this been reviewed so high? Has these people even played this? Oh and if you do play what way should you go? Hacking because it is the fastest for shortcuts and sneaking is slow as and usually detours you around the whole map oh and going in guns blazing can work until you run out of ammo which will happen trust me. When enemies can waste infinite amount of clips and then be killed and drop usually a single bullet or nothing at all. You must spend your time hacking to get ammunition and taking detours to stockup on ammo. Also something thats annoying its the future it sure doesn't feel like it doors don't even open automatically. Also the running is tapping it every 3 seconds so have fun with that. The funnest part i had in this game was picking up a hacked turret and using it to beat every single boss after playing it by far the easiest way to kill them. I had a pet turret sure made me slow but costs me no ammo and is faster than sneaking and shields you. Expand
  54. Dec 9, 2012
    Je sanctionne la réalisation tout juste pitoyable; des maps d'une taille ridicule; les pnj en plus d'être statiques n'ont aucune personnalité, quasiment aucune interaction n'est possible. C'est vide ; le level design est celui d'un jeu sorti dans les années 90. Rentrer dans une pièce fortifiée ? Il suffit de pousser la caisse qui cachait unJe sanctionne la réalisation tout juste pitoyable; des maps d'une taille ridicule; les pnj en plus d'être statiques n'ont aucune personnalité, quasiment aucune interaction n'est possible. C'est vide ; le level design est celui d'un jeu sorti dans les années 90. Rentrer dans une pièce fortifiée ? Il suffit de pousser la caisse qui cachait un énorme trou dans le mur ....Passer une armée d'ennemi ? Rien de plus simple prenez le premier échaffaudage qui se présente; sautez de plateforme en plateforme jusqu'a l'autre bout de la piece ....
    Meme les rares lieux d'habitation n'ont pas pu etre modélisés correctement; les couloirs des immeubles sont aussi larges que les rues de la ville; le mobilier est générique. En créant une maison sur minecraft j'arrive a faire mieux.
    Jeu sur-noté et très largement.
  55. Aug 30, 2011
    Bad porting for controller on pc again. I have a disability in my right hand so need to use a gamepad to play.
    The controlling I find so sluggish and lagging that I can barely hit the enemy. After 40 mins I managed to take out 4 guys.......the lag is alot less with mouse....
    Of course I checked all the usual culprits and everything's fine, my 360 works okay with most other games....another raw deal for pc gamepad players and a waste of £30. There is no excuse for this when other games get it right!!!
  56. Sep 2, 2011
    bad game. dull level design. mediocre storyline. bad 3rd person behaviour when using cover (which is very important in this game). No multiplayer, bad FMV, bad controlls. bad bad bad. Don't buy.
  57. Oct 11, 2011
    The audo delay problem hasn't been fixed in one and a half month among with another technical difficulties. Unplayable with continous delay of any sound effect.
  58. Jun 15, 2012
    To me, this game was dead the moment I shot the first bullet. The controls are just unresponsive, and even though you hit, you don't, or vice versa.
    In order to be playable, a game has to get at least the basics right, and this game just doesn't cut it.
  59. Oct 20, 2011
    The whole game feels like filler that was cut from the original. The first thing they do gimp your character, and you're forced to play the whole game at a fraction of your power. Plus the difficulty curve is all screwed up. I breezed through to the end when heavy weapons were suddenly mandatory, then had to reload a thousand times. Story is totally generic, and there's not one visualThe whole game feels like filler that was cut from the original. The first thing they do gimp your character, and you're forced to play the whole game at a fraction of your power. Plus the difficulty curve is all screwed up. I breezed through to the end when heavy weapons were suddenly mandatory, then had to reload a thousand times. Story is totally generic, and there's not one visual you haven't seen already. Expand
  60. Oct 18, 2011
    I played this game for like maximum 30 minutes before it had managed to piss me off in every way a game can. It has crappy controls, not too good graphics, poor gameplay, uninteresting story, sucky guns with a even more sucky lasersight that just sucks at aiming. Also, the entire game sucks. Why did they stop producing great playable games with amazing gameplay, and start going all pzychoI played this game for like maximum 30 minutes before it had managed to piss me off in every way a game can. It has crappy controls, not too good graphics, poor gameplay, uninteresting story, sucky guns with a even more sucky lasersight that just sucks at aiming. Also, the entire game sucks. Why did they stop producing great playable games with amazing gameplay, and start going all pzycho on graphics? which in my opinion doesnt matter for **** for how good the game is. **** THIS GAME! thank you. Expand
  61. May 1, 2012
    I feel betrayed by the horrible boss battles. Just got to the first boss battle, I had basically just a pistol and about 50 bullets on me since I had worked primarily as a stealth guy. I had no health items on me either. Tried to get through the first boss about 10-15 times before I just gave up and uninstalled this game. It's garbage.
  62. Sep 3, 2011
    Firstly I am going to try to be fair reviewing this game. For starters I am a huge fan of the original game by Warren. Lot of respect to him and that game mostly because of the characters, story, conspiracies etc. I disregarded the second one because it didn't really deliver the goods, despite that awesome level meeting JC again. Jumping to now and seeing this game I am surprised they evenFirstly I am going to try to be fair reviewing this game. For starters I am a huge fan of the original game by Warren. Lot of respect to him and that game mostly because of the characters, story, conspiracies etc. I disregarded the second one because it didn't really deliver the goods, despite that awesome level meeting JC again. Jumping to now and seeing this game I am surprised they even slapped the Deus Ex name brand on the box. First the art design is strange, while cool in a blade runner style, it doesn't seem to fit the universe. For a prequel I don't remember the original being set in this fancy world. Guess we gotta appeal to the newer fans, which brings me to the terrible story which didn't hold my interest one bit. Lame voice acting (why not get Tom Hall back for goodness sake), boring level design, same run of the mill stealth and first person modes, and finally the horrible hacking crap. I wanna play THE game not a game within a blinking game. Only thing it has got going for it is this weird aug varied world, but it sure as heck doesn't deserve the name Deus Ex.. its got little to do with the original, no interesting enemies (what happened to the robot guys and the creatures from the conspiracy labs?), only 2 hubs, and crappy weapons. I gave it a 4 mostly because it is a semi-good time wasting game if your new to the series but really it has nothing to do with the original which is why I gave it such a low score. Shame on the developers taking this approach to an original universe, guess we gotta live with it. Back to playing the original game for me. oh yeah don't pay 60 dollars for it. Wait till it drops to 20 at least, or better yet rent it. Expand
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    Ugly graphics, terrible voice acting, clunky controls, crappy AI, rubbish xp system.. This game epitomises how the console era is holding back pc gaming.. I miss the times when PC games ruled
  64. Nov 20, 2013
    This game epitomises how marketing can fool people into thinking that a game worth nothing more than a zero is worth a 10.
    Obviously the people that gave this a 10 are either console players who have not played good games in their lives or just plain idiots, who got fooled by the marketing and pretty trailer.
    The graphics are terrible, the game play felt stiff, old and just annoying, the
    The graphics are terrible, the game play felt stiff, old and just annoying, the voice acting is terrible, the story is boring and everything about this game is terrible.
    Luckily I did not buy this game, otherwise I would have come here and gave it a 10 just to convince myself that I did not waste the money.
    After 1 hour of playing, I closed the game and un-installed it.
    Please do not buy this piece of shiit. If you feel like you have to buy it and play it, then download it from torrent websites, the installation process is very easy.
  65. Aug 6, 2012
    The worst thing is having to listen to the god awful dialogue. The writers in this game... I want to kick them very hard. I preordered and the sheer amount of stuff they gave to preorders was angering. This game is probably good on a lower difficulty setting where the issues don't pop out at you so much. When you play any game at a higher difficulty it either shines or turns to **** DeusThe worst thing is having to listen to the god awful dialogue. The writers in this game... I want to kick them very hard. I preordered and the sheer amount of stuff they gave to preorders was angering. This game is probably good on a lower difficulty setting where the issues don't pop out at you so much. When you play any game at a higher difficulty it either shines or turns to **** Deus Ex turns to ****. Expand
  66. Sep 5, 2011
    The game has stupidly high system requirements (forced upon you by an automatic check that you are not allowed to override even if you know your system is more than capable). Audio skipping occurred in my game completely independently of any sort of frame-rate issues (because my game looked like liquid sick already -- we're talking med-low graphics on something like the original F.E.A.R).The game has stupidly high system requirements (forced upon you by an automatic check that you are not allowed to override even if you know your system is more than capable). Audio skipping occurred in my game completely independently of any sort of frame-rate issues (because my game looked like liquid sick already -- we're talking med-low graphics on something like the original F.E.A.R). Seems the graphics card manufacturer's paid off the developers here to make sure anyone with a directx 10 card needs to upgrade to actually play the game even though the upgrades between the two directx versions are minimal at best. Honestly if the first thing your game does is dictate to me how to configure my own computer and not allow me to continue until I do, I'd rather not play it. Expand
  67. Aug 31, 2011
    So sad, this could have been a revolutionary game but instead we ended up with quite possibly the most boring game ever conceived! I gave this game a good 6 hours but I can't waist any more time on it hoping for something to happen, I just don't think it will! Nothing revolutionary here, at best a mediocre FPS/RPG and I actually think mediocre is generous, this game is a jack of allSo sad, this could have been a revolutionary game but instead we ended up with quite possibly the most boring game ever conceived! I gave this game a good 6 hours but I can't waist any more time on it hoping for something to happen, I just don't think it will! Nothing revolutionary here, at best a mediocre FPS/RPG and I actually think mediocre is generous, this game is a jack of all trades, master of none. I have to agree with the negative remarks about this being an obvious console port too, the controls and cover system make no sense on a PC, cover systems like this simply don't belong on PC, they slow down the game play to the point of disinterest. This is a nice looking game don't get me wrong but not great (it doesn't even come close to other titles released this year or even two years ago for that matter), as a matter of fact there are several games I can safely say that look better than this and they are much older (IMO). I'd say if you are expecting the emotion and engrossment that you got with the original be very prepared to be sorely disappointed, this game does not do the original justice, not even close. Expand
  68. Sep 4, 2011
    I was always a fan and really enjoyed this game till i got to the first boss battle when no matter what i hit em with he doesn't go down. I feal like ive been robbed. spend all the money for a game that cant be done. extremely disappointed. the trailor made him look like a serious badass yet he cant fight his way out of a paper bag.
  69. Aug 6, 2013
    I tried hard to love this game. Deleted and redownloaded again for 4 times in hope I missed something last time. I was not.
    Game is just extremely boring with bad voice acting, game mechanic, gameplay and story.
    I usually never give 0 to games because people put effort to make it, but in this one couldn't find even 1 good thing. Seems even Steam discount price of 3.75 euro was wasted money
  70. Oct 5, 2014
    People ask me why I hate paying for games. This game is why.

This game is an endless source of frustration. Spend minutes scoping out the guards and lining up perfect shots and what do you get? A bullet hole in the cover instead of a dead or knocked out guard. This ridiculously serious design flaw makes the game unplayable. The fact that this game is getting good reviews shows just
    People ask me why I hate paying for games. This game is why.

This ridiculously serious design flaw makes the game unplayable. The fact that this game is getting good reviews shows just how stupid the average gamer is, not proof that it is a good game.
  71. Feb 27, 2014

72. Feb 23, 2015
    Having played the original Deus Ex when it came out and spent hours-n-hours-n-hours on it ...

This is just awful. Seems like I have to use every key on my keyboard to get through this thing. The "crouch behind a box and try to maneuver around it to shoot a dude 8 times before he falls" got old so fast. Mechanics and controls were pitiful, resembling Xbox-tard-console crap. Why is everything yellow? Can you overdo placing highlighted objects any more than this? Doubtful. Press a combination for six keys just to switch weapons or eat a soy packet? Pause for two minutes while your character goes thru the (completely predictable and always boring) cut scenes? Memorize thirty different key combos to assess and use your inventory? Just terrible all the way around. Bought it on steam for six bucks and felt overcharged by four. Run far from this one. JC Denton is rolling in his grave.
  73. Aug 4, 2015
    Interesting concept with dull clichéd characters and storyline and awful combat.

The stealth is laughable, but still more satisfying than the awful gunplay. The bosses can all be defeated with a couple of boom booms even on the hardest difficulty. I'm not sure why so many people are insane over these games, it plays like a lesser Mass Effect, and also similar to Mass Effect has the

I'm not sure why so many people are insane over these games, it plays like a lesser Mass Effect, and also similar to Mass Effect has the illusion of choice just to end up at an unsatisfying ending.
  74. Aug 30, 2015
    Bad and ugly game.
    Junk gamplay and hacking mini"games".
    Bad voices. Weak animations and characters cliché..cliché...clichéclichéclichéclichéclichéclichéclichéclichéclichéclichéclichéclichéclichéclichéclichécliché Hát ez valami ultraszar. Hozza a square enix formulat. Iszonyat gyatra szinkron (mintha papírról olvasná egy utcárol behívott akárki). Fos karakter animáció, műanyag
    Bad and ugly game.
    Junk gamplay and hacking mini"games".
    Bad voices.
    Weak animations and characters

Hát ez valami ultraszar.
    Hozza a square enix formulat.
    Iszonyat gyatra szinkron (mintha papírról olvasná egy utcárol behívott akárki).
    Fos karakter animáció, műanyag karakterek.
    Steril gagyi grafika.
    Szar pályatervezés.
    Minden le van betonozva.
    Retek rossz hacking mini "game".
    Béna fegyverek.
    Unalmas játémenet.
    Fos videók és unalomig ismételet z kategóriás mozi és játék klisé hegyek.
    Marketing game.
    Megvett újágírok lefizetése mert a sonynak akkor meg volt pénze.

Szar, unalmas, ronda, béna square enix-es fostartály...
  75. Oct 29, 2015
    Awkward controls and game play. Weakling protagonist creats a lot frustration. Uncommon difficulty setting not favorable to play at early stage. Waste of money and time.
  76. Aug 25, 2016
    dx1 was and still is one of the best games i have ever played and was replayed by me over 5 times...amazing game

how anyone can compare this game positively to dx1 is amazing to me....i was so bored by this game i couldn't even make it to the 3rd level...after 2 attempts a year apart..boring story generic combat BORING PLOT, i was anything but impressed with this game...system shock 2..dx1...those were GREAT games...go back and play them again if you need to be reminded of what made them so good
  77. Jun 18, 2016
    After not gaming any for several years, I've been catching up a little, using MC as a general guide to what's worth playing. Been having a blast, of course -- lots of great stuff I've missed -- but this is the first one that really baffles me. A score of NINETY?? HOLY MOLEY this game is a complete drag. The bad sound, the clumsy graphics, *hideous* color schemes and visual clutter, dumbAfter not gaming any for several years, I've been catching up a little, using MC as a general guide to what's worth playing. Been having a blast, of course -- lots of great stuff I've missed -- but this is the first one that really baffles me. A score of NINETY?? HOLY MOLEY this game is a complete drag. The bad sound, the clumsy graphics, *hideous* color schemes and visual clutter, dumb dialogue, the endless moving and stacking of featureless cardboard boxes to climb and reveal air vents (WTF, devs?), ridiculous "hacking" mini-game that makes Mass Effect 2 hacking seem wildly fun by comparison, generic storyline....the list goes on and on. Far Cry 1 was more fun than this, and prettier to look at. For F's sake, reviewers! Being a sentimental fan of the original Deus Ex is fine, but find some balls and call this the mind-numbingly dull disappointment it is. Expand
  78. Mar 20, 2017
    Deus EX is my favorite game. Fantastic writing and gameplay.

Pros

+ Storytelling

+ world

Cons

- Dialogue wheel, I prefer to see texts in sentences to select.

- Inventory management for item combination is terrible.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 30, 2011
    There are only a few games this year we suggest to 16-yrs old gamers and their fathers together. Human Revolution for sure is a Game of the Year nominee. [Oct 2011]
    So despite the odds being stacked against it, Eidos Montreal accomplished the impossible and brought us a Deus Ex in the true sense of the word, probably the best one that we could have hoped for considering the current "requirements" for being commercially successful nowadays.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 10, 2011
    A worthy successor to one of the greatest games ever. It offers a lot of choice on many levels and feels like an RPG from years past - in a very good way. One of the best, if not the best game of 2011. [Oct 2011]