8.5

1. Oct 3, 2011
    Rented on Redbox and took it back the next day just so I could buy my own copy. It's an awesome game with a lot of freedom and variability in how you play. Not just a normal FPS, but a good and interesting game with RPG and FPS elements.
  2. Sep 7, 2011
    Ah! Deus Ex...it's been too long. Come take a seat by the fire, light a pipe and have a dram with me. That's the way I felt as I let my suspension of disbelief take hold and allowed myself to become fully immersed in the world of Adam Jensen. I decided early on to play in a specific style of stealth and pacifism which the experience system virtually pushes you towards right from theAh! Deus Ex...it's been too long. Come take a seat by the fire, light a pipe and have a dram with me. That's the way I felt as I let my suspension of disbelief take hold and allowed myself to become fully immersed in the world of Adam Jensen. I decided early on to play in a specific style of stealth and pacifism which the experience system virtually pushes you towards right from the beginning. I was pleased to see that they dropped the easy, medium, and hard mode selection in lieu of a "Story", "Challenge", and "Deus Ex" option. It's like looking in the fridge and seeing a bottle of rotgut whiskey and chocolate milk...we all choose chocolate milk occasionally and that's fine. I think this is a great way to allow casual players to enter into the game without feeling like they are cheesing out by selecting easy. I chose Deus Ex mode because I enjoy the extra fear from knowing you are two shots away from death at any time. Truth be told this is not a hard game even on Deus Ex, but it is an extremely rewarding one if you are willing to put the time into it which it deserves. A lot of people have commented on the lack of depth from the first Deus Ex, and I would have to agree. There's just not as much continuity and interconnected plot lines. Not only that, the play style and experience system is very silly. You get far more experience by finding every code for every door/computer (from the exploration rewards, not the actual codes in most cases), yet still hacking the consoles. In fact, this game toes the line of monotony so much so that without the great cast of characters and gripping plot, I would give the game mechanics a meh score at best. If you strip away all the story, the game would essentially be: enter area, look around area, sneak to security hub, hack security, disable guards, explore entire area and hack everything, rinse, repeat. Again, you don't have to play this way, but with that much experience just waiting for you to collect it, how can you ignore it? I can tell you now that I would play much differently in hindsight because at the end I was literally just putting points into skills which I would never really use. To be honest, you only need about one third of the skills, and about half of them are nice to have and the rest are just one time useful/gimmicky skills. So you don't have to scratch every surface and turn every rock over, and don't be afraid that you will be underpowered at the end. There are a few skills, in fact, that completely nullify major enemy game mechanics, essentially turning you into a demigod. Sort of silly that a character build can have that much effect. Combat or lack there of is very well done. Sneaking and disabling your opponents is very fulfilling on many levels. I successfully completed the game without killing any non-essential people, and I have to say that I felt like a good fellow inside. In comparison games like Space Marine which, albeit true to the mythology of the story, pride themselves on violence as a religion, Deus Ex allows you to feel connected to the well-being of the people who inhabit the world. Strangely enough, I found that not killing people is actually rewarding. Who'd have thunk? To return to the actual game mechanics, weapons are well thought out, and once you upgrade certain items to your specifications and combine them with the proper skill trees, you will find that you can handle almost every situation with precision and relative ease. I can't count how many times Deus Ex presents the user with situations where there are dozens of potential ways of completing a mission, all of which are completely viable. In certain places, I feel that Deus Ex is almost a combat sandbox. Do you want your sandbox to be filled with blood and bullet casings or left as untouched as possible? Heck do what I did, save all the time and experiment. That's really where I found the most joy in playing. I was able to answer all of the "what if I did this?" questions. To start where I began, for many of us geezers, playing Deus Ex is like bringing an old friend back in your life. Depending on how you play, you can turn this game in to a bit of a grindfest, but that is completely unnecessary. It's a wonderful story, a harrowing one even as it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities. It certainly will make me think twice about ordering that first augmentation... Expand
  3. Sep 8, 2011
    Sneak, Shoot, Hack, Chat - It's mostly up to you. This game adapts well to a variety of play styles and, while a great deal of the story is lost, it can be played as a straight shooter. When played as a steal/covert infiltration game it really shines, offering the played numerous rewards from story background via overhead conversations to hidden passages leading to all kinds of amazingSneak, Shoot, Hack, Chat - It's mostly up to you. This game adapts well to a variety of play styles and, while a great deal of the story is lost, it can be played as a straight shooter. When played as a steal/covert infiltration game it really shines, offering the played numerous rewards from story background via overhead conversations to hidden passages leading to all kinds of amazing places.

Only the mandatory boss fights and rushed feeling towards the very end prevent this from being a perfect 10. More on this later.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution stays almost painfully true to the original Deus Ex formula but does so with a different cast of characters in a setting 30 years prior to the events of the Warren Spector directed critically acclaimed original.

Their are numerous over-whelming similarities to the first game - but, without giving anything away, I'll just point out the very start of the game as an example, the following could apply to DX-1 or DX:HR interchangeably: You are given a choice of weapons before the first mission begins, both lethal and non-lethal. The story takes place in a situation where the officials are being held back while you go after the terrorist leader. If you've played the original you'll notice this is a trend; albeit, a very well executed trend. The only mini-game is for hacking, a ubiquitous skill that can be used for every computer, keypad, alarm, turret, robot and camera in the game (The later three via special security computers). It's simple to master and time doesn't stop when trying to hack a device so it presents a rare situation where the mini-game interfaces with the rest of the game dynamics as being spotted hacking is usually a bad thing.

Graphics are very good, with amazing detail, and I mean unique detail in almost every location. There were several downright breathtaking vistas and events.

If only the bosses didn't suck. These bosses miss the mark both as story characters and strategic fights. Two of the bosses I didn't even know the real names of until after the fight, and not because I'd skipped a cinematic, they are never properly introduced or integrated. Amazingly they chose to deviate from the original DX and added these as unavoidable bosses that can either be absurdly difficult or stupidly easy depending on tactics with little in-between. One boss in particular takes several hundred rounds to the head to kill... or a single well timed punch. Finally, the end has a feeling of rushed development and missing content. Several jarring issues towards the very end including missing quest markers, clearly missing/cut areas and even an in-game reference to cut budget (referring to non-working escalators) point to places that could have and should have had more meat at the end. But this is a little like complaining that there was too little icing on the dessert of the perfect meal.
  4. Sep 9, 2011
    While it's true that the game is "dumbed down" somewhat from the original game in the series, I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing. In fact, I'd more likely call the process "streamlining." Not to deny the quality of the original, but you must admit it was rather clunky, even for its time (God, that inventory system). For a true bastardization of the series, one must look noWhile it's true that the game is "dumbed down" somewhat from the original game in the series, I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing. In fact, I'd more likely call the process "streamlining." Not to deny the quality of the original, but you must admit it was rather clunky, even for its time (God, that inventory system). For a true bastardization of the series, one must look no further than Invisible War, the second installation.

As for the game itself, it was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in a long time. The voice acting (especially the VA for David Sarif), story, and atmosphere were top notch, and I even had a blast hacking all the doors and computers, which contain troves of information on the game world and its goings-on. The verbal confrontations with some of the major characters are absolutely breathtaking, as well.

On the other hand, there were a few things I didn't care for, however minor:
    1. The character models, while not bad by any means, felt a little lacking, especially for a PC title. The facial animations and hair textures were specifically jarring. Again, for me, a minor flaw.
    2. The hub cities somehow managed to be both confusing and boring in a lot of ways. It took me a while to get used to their multi-level layouts (the only way to get into an apartment complex is through a fire escape? Really, Detroit?), and there was a disappointing lack of sidequests scattered through the streets. The clunky map system didn't help matters, either.
    3. Not to regurgitate a common complaint, but I felt the mandatory and lethal boss fights were unnecessary and jarring considering the freedom of the rest of the game.
    4. One thing I should mention, though it's no longer an issue, is the load times. There were a lot of complaints about the excessively long loading screens, but this seems to have been fixed via patch, at least in the PC version.

Despite its small flaws, this is a fantastic game, and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the series or stealth/action games in general. Great voice acting, perfect atmosphere, intriguing story, and fun gameplay make this a release I wouldn't advise missing.
  5. Jan 19, 2012
    the gameplay is a great game allowing you to beat a level however you want, hack your way, stealth, killing, you choose, my only problems are the bosses as they require lots of ammo and are overpowering, but luckily bosses do not apear that often so it is not that bad.
  6. Sep 11, 2011
    First things first. The game is generally enjoyable and I would recommend it for someone that has money to burn. However, I did have lots of issues that shouldn't have been there for such a polished game. On PC, the graphics sucked balls for me. I could not set the filtering above Trilinear without the game crashing and telling me to launch the setup tool. I have a 9800GTX card whichFirst things first. The game is generally enjoyable and I would recommend it for someone that has money to burn. However, I did have lots of issues that shouldn't have been there for such a polished game. On PC, the graphics sucked balls for me. I could not set the filtering above Trilinear without the game crashing and telling me to launch the setup tool. I have a 9800GTX card which can generally deliver great framerates on higher settings. Once I configured the highest settings possible with no crashes, the graphics were worse than Half Life 2 (2004ish). 5 hours into the game I began to get frustrated with where the storyline was going. They made it clear from the very beginning that there was a conspiracy, but I didn't start to feel any sense of resolution or feel like my questions were beginning to be answered until the last 3 hours of playtime. I found myself constantly scrounging for ammunition and was scared to spend upgrade kits on my guns in case I no longer was able to use those guns. Other than that, I had a fun 21 hours and had an overall pleasant experience. Expand
  7. Sep 18, 2011
    Deus Ex is a classic, a cult game considered by many to be one of the best ever made, so itâ
  8. Sep 12, 2011
    This game is alot of fun, the story is compelling, the combat exiting and the graphics are quite beatifull most of the time. One of the few games of late that actually lived up to my expectations.
  9. Sep 12, 2011
    Another glowing review! Loved almost every bit of it. Good update to the classic Deus Ex formula. Buy it on your platform of choice. That's my recommendation, do you want to know what I didn't like? You don't? Well, just in case your on the fence, here are some cons: Boss battles are poorly implemented and completely irrelevant to the rest of the game. The ending leaves a little to beAnother glowing review! Loved almost every bit of it. Good update to the classic Deus Ex formula. Buy it on your platform of choice. That's my recommendation, do you want to know what I didn't like? You don't? Well, just in case your on the fence, here are some cons: Boss battles are poorly implemented and completely irrelevant to the rest of the game. The ending leaves a little to be desired. The game returns you to areas from earlier in the game, twice. But, these are really small issues. The gameplay is addicting and fulfilling. The story is better than average. Also, the PC version has all the bells and whistles you need without any typical console porting problems. Expand
  10. Sep 13, 2011
    The first thing I must say that I am new to the Deus Ex franchise, and I didn't played the original. Another thing I must say that I am thrilled with originality of Human Revolution. I like the graphic style, the music is fantastic, only small criticisms go to the AI and exaggeration in the battle against the bosses.
  11. Sep 13, 2011
    It has been over 10 years since the original Deus Ex was released and I was expecting more from Human Revolution. On a whole the game isn't bad but it doesn't offer anything new or innovative and feels like a missed opportunity for something much better. The graphics look a bit dated (especially some of the character models) but the game world is generally well designed and immersive. TheIt has been over 10 years since the original Deus Ex was released and I was expecting more from Human Revolution. On a whole the game isn't bad but it doesn't offer anything new or innovative and feels like a missed opportunity for something much better. The graphics look a bit dated (especially some of the character models) but the game world is generally well designed and immersive. The voice acting is good but is let down by the poor facial and character animations. There are several different ways to complete most objectives which generally keeps things interesting. You are rewarded with more XP for using non-lethal weapons and the game tries to encourage a stealthy approach but if you prefer to go in guns blazing the combat is a little disappointing. The AI is pretty average and the gunplay doesn't feel satisfying. The cover system is a great addition to the stealth side of game - it is smooth and easy to use. However it makes the combat even easier than it already is and you can just take cover and pick off guards one by one as they rather stupidly charge towards you. The augmentation system is a bit of a let down. I was really struggling to spend my praxis points towards the end of the game because some of the possible upgrades just seem a waste of time. There are some cool ones - being able to float from rooftops and stun groups of guards, throw heavy vending machines and smash through walls are great. On the other hand, some of the stealth and hacking options serve no real use and seem thrown in to make up the numbers. I really didn't like the boss fights. I've nothing against them if they are done right but Human Revolution's are just rubbish. Play the game and you'll see what I mean. They mostly involve running, taking a few shots at the boss and repeating. My main gripe about Human Revolution is that my choices in the game don't seem to have any consequence. In the original, if I went in to a mission guns blazing and no mercy it would upset certain characters but impress others. In Human Revolution I can break in to occupied apartments without the owner batting an eyelid. I can gun down the staff of an entire police station or murder all the patrons of a nightclub and as soon as you get outside the building, nobody cares. There are a few instances where not killing someone or helping a character will have a yield a minor reward later on but those choices don't seem to have any impact on the main story - at the very end you are presented with the four different endings regardless of the path you took through the game. Worse still, the possible endings and their implications are spelled out to you (twice) before you push one of four BUTTONS to end the game. I was really hoping that my actions throughout the game would dictate the ending or at least determine the endings I could achieve. No such luck. I got 35 hours of play out of Human Revolution, though I did complete all the side quests I could find and did a lot of exploring. If you just blitz through the story you'd be finished in 15 hours or so. Since you get all four endings on a plate at the end regardless of your approach I wouldn't find a replay very rewarding. Expand
  12. Sep 13, 2011
    The RPG I have been waiting for.Graphics are smooth,storyline is well planned and gripping,the music really fit the game's setting,voice acting is great,dialogues and the detail level in this game is just amazing.

The only bad side of the game is the bosses.They shouldn't have added them,or should have let us run away from the fight just like the original Deus Ex.The game just throws you at a "Bull" after you passed countless levels without killing or being detected by anyone and not firing a single lethal bullet.I didn't even unlock the typhoon augmentation,I didn't kill anyone,stealth is the way to play this.

Also,the dialogue with unimportant NPCs can get really hilarious because they didn't work on the behavior of those unimportant NPCs.For example:I bursted into laughter when an old guy(I won't say who he is since that'd be a spoiler I guess) came near me,holding his hands together like a little girl and with the facial expression of ":3",saying "Adam?" with a surprised tone.That was just pure hilarious.

Anyways,the game is great,I didn't like the "movie endings" thing either,they could have at least added an epilogue for each ending,but I guess they want to leave "What actually happened?" question to our imagination.I'm alright with that.Overall,great game.Deserves a 9.5
  13. Sep 18, 2011
    Very good game. The versatility of options in combat, that made the original so good, are ever present here. That is its biggest winner, the rest of its good points come with the inevitable comparing to its predescesor, that its good, but not as good. I guess with the lofty expectations of Deus Ex, anything but amazing gives a bad wrap. Compare it to many fps titles around nowadays andVery good game. The versatility of options in combat, that made the original so good, are ever present here. That is its biggest winner, the rest of its good points come with the inevitable comparing to its predescesor, that its good, but not as good. I guess with the lofty expectations of Deus Ex, anything but amazing gives a bad wrap. Compare it to many fps titles around nowadays and this is, pants down, worth your money, go buy it now.

The story is good, but lacked the twists, turns and suspense of the original. The graphical polish isnt there. In places I really feel the designers and writers wanted more impact from moral decision making. This for me could be seen in the games culmination at the end. The fact you could quick save the game, choose among 4? outcomes, watch the video, hit f8, then choose another in seconds. No finality, which lead to a lack of replayability, for me.

One of my biggest beefs was the atmosphere created through level design. The original included a third major city to explore in paris, this distinct third location really blew your mind back then in emphasising the scale of the story. I found it really immersed me. This had me immersed right up to the return to detroit?, detroit then china was good, but it needed one more distinct city, hub of quests, to explore and make it great. I would have liked a combo of picus studios with a unique city and scrap singapore. The remote ocean-base was great, that was a real winner.

The hacking mini-game was alrite up to the revisit to china, i hacked everything and anything I could. I felt it needed maybe a lock pick (especially conisdering the original with the autokey tool) in a mini-game format, or maybe make hacking vid cameras/turrets/robots a mini-game.

Save this for the end where nobody reads it eh? ok! BIGGEST BEEF = WHY NOT INCORPORATE MORE OF THE ORIGINAL STORY??????!!!!!!!!!!!! My god, why not fit the denton brothers in here somhow? It baffles my mind from a story writers point of view this is such a treasure trove of amazing 'blow your mind' tie ins with the original. And the game has SOOO much scope for these tie ins and they did it almost no justice, thats probably my biggest beef, but no it isnt, the atmosphere is, LOL. I really shldnt complain about story considering the fricking junk that comes out of game makers nowadays, like omg my imported pet giraffe meat could write a better story then that kind of story.

The most important thing for me, is all being said and done, im happy with this being what it is in the series, its a fine addition and im really excited with the DLC content from a story perspective. I hope to see alot of unique locations and story tie ins that I greatly reckon was planned but got cut in trying to push it out the door for consumers.
  14. Sep 20, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games of the 21 century, really! I havent been so involved into a gameplay and the story of the game since Ive played Metal Gear Solid on my Playstation 1. This game is trully an epic shooter with dozens of elements to chose from. Everyone will find something for himself! If you like games with an awesome story and beutiful art - this game is a MUST HAVE!This is one of the greatest games of the 21 century, really! I havent been so involved into a gameplay and the story of the game since Ive played Metal Gear Solid on my Playstation 1. This game is trully an epic shooter with dozens of elements to chose from. Everyone will find something for himself! If you like games with an awesome story and beutiful art - this game is a MUST HAVE! Incredible, Fascinating, Mind Blowing, you will remember the game like you rememeber one of your favourite movies. I recommend it to all "Game" fans no matter what genre games you play! MUS HAVE! Expand
  15. Sep 26, 2011
    -Truly great RPG, stealth-shooter game, don't expect to go in guns blazing like you would in a standard shooter. -Well crafted and believable world, well above average story, but very cheap and frustrating bosses (specially the first one). -Graphics might be a let down for people who only saw the pre-rendered trailer, but hold up to standards.
    -Great voice acting (varies between characters
    -Great voice acting (varies between characters you meet), but unclear dialogue options sometimes.
  16. Oct 1, 2011
    Firstly, the flaws: the main character's voice sounds comically like Napoleon Dynamite, the main character is security chief of a large corporation yet receives no income or a supply of guns and ammo from his employer - in fact, he has to resort to breaking into people's apartments to steal money and other items just so he can the tools he needs to do his job properly! Enemies cannot jumpFirstly, the flaws: the main character's voice sounds comically like Napoleon Dynamite, the main character is security chief of a large corporation yet receives no income or a supply of guns and ammo from his employer - in fact, he has to resort to breaking into people's apartments to steal money and other items just so he can the tools he needs to do his job properly! Enemies cannot jump or climb ladders or crouch into crawl spaces, making them easy to evade. The stealth enhancement (invisibility) makes the game far too easy. Auto-unlockers make hacking too easy. Too few side-quests. Cities are merely hiding places for credit chips and ammo, when they could be so much more. The game is linear. The positives: the game is great fun, compelling, with a strong story-line and convincing atmosphere. The option of stealth vs. homicidal gameplay allowed me to play the FPS I want to play, and at my own pace. Overall, I highly recommend this game but felt that it almost belonged to the Hitman series of games (albeit, a hitman with insane gadgets), rather than Deus Ex. If there's a Deus Ex 4, it should build on the foundations laid here. Well done, EI & SE. 8.5/10 Expand
  17. Oct 4, 2011
    This game was awesome Story line, 9/10 story, 9/10 mechanics, Sadly Graphics were a bit lacking for me... Has the crisp look of decent graphics an wants to maybe something great but everything has this fogged haze look to it... I dunno if they were trying to set a enviroment with that or what... but I give the graphics 6/10 for the title I expected.
  18. Oct 5, 2011
    An amazingly refreshing game in a time of linear stories and set-piece explosions. You truly do feel as though you are making your own decisions and paths as you play through Deus Ex, and it is this that makes the game so memorable. The story and atmosphere that the game delivers are excellent and makes you feel very connected to the game. If you spend time reading the back-story stuffAn amazingly refreshing game in a time of linear stories and set-piece explosions. You truly do feel as though you are making your own decisions and paths as you play through Deus Ex, and it is this that makes the game so memorable. The story and atmosphere that the game delivers are excellent and makes you feel very connected to the game. If you spend time reading the back-story stuff such ass e-mails and pocket secretaries, the debate between Pro-Augmentation and Anti-Augmentation beliefs that take place in the game will have you constantly asking yourself where you would stand on this matter in real life. The game does lack in character development however, and even Adam Jensen, the main character, won't hold too much weight in your heart as there just isn't enough development any character to get you to care about them. The only other complaint I have about this game are the boss battles, which are almost all completely horrendous. These problems are easily overlooked however, as you will be so wrapped up in the Deus Ex universe that you will hardly care. Expand
  19. Oct 6, 2011
    This is one of the best games to be released this year. I had this pre-ordered on Steam, best gaming purchase this year so far. The game runs like a charm on my 6950 and i like the gold-black powered art-direction in this one, it appears fresh in what appears to be a market flooded with UE3 games with no work in the art department. Sure people have been complaining that the graphics aren'tThis is one of the best games to be released this year. I had this pre-ordered on Steam, best gaming purchase this year so far. The game runs like a charm on my 6950 and i like the gold-black powered art-direction in this one, it appears fresh in what appears to be a market flooded with UE3 games with no work in the art department. Sure people have been complaining that the graphics aren't up to 2011 standards but this one is all about the gameplay. I played it in total stealth in both my playthroughs and the only major complaint i have are the boss battles. I play the game like a pacifist rarely using even my stun gun and you throw me a bullet sponge. Luckily i'm a hoarder while playing such games and i got through most bosses throwing proximity mines i picked off of walls. This game surely deserves a 9+ but i don't understand who made the decision to outsource a crucial gameplay element. I am looking forward to the upcoming dlc which has a boss battle designed by Eidos Montreal this time around. Also i think the game won't play well as a shooter but maybe that's just me because i am the stealth kinda guy. Expand
  20. Oct 8, 2011
    I think it's a good game at all. It has a good storyline, good game play, and a good atmosphere. The music is great and world of the game is well designed. But it could have been better in AI, and should have better graphics. The enemy's AI is really dumb, and the graphics especially the textures in the world are sometimes really low quality.
    But the game brings on very serious problems
    But the game brings on very serious problems that humanity is already facing right now.
    I would give it 6 or 7 points but the ending is so great, I give it 8 points.
  21. Oct 9, 2011
    This game is ok. It could use some improvement with the AI, and the general shooting game-play sucks. Overall though, not a bad game, just needs a little work in different areas.
  22. Oct 9, 2011
    I am in love with this game, it is the only game that i have played recently of this genre that as soon as id completed it i wanted to go through it again :)
    Chasing the Pacifist and Foxiest achieves at the moment.
    The scenario is believable and the overall finish of the game is polished and smooth looking. The many options available to players to complete each task is refreshing and is
    Chasing the Pacifist and Foxiest achieves at the moment.
    The many options available to players to complete each task is refreshing and is probably one of the reasons i could easily replay this game several times, trying to find new and better tactics to complete tasks is so much fun :)
    Im looking forward to trying the latest DLC and hoping more is incoming.
    This is one of those rare games that come along that, if it wasnt for the original already doing it, would set the benchmark for the entire genre.
  23. Oct 11, 2011
    Human Revolution might have been my favorite game of 2011 if not for the constant lockups . considering I've played through several games on my current pc with zero issues including ' Rage', this must be a Deus Ex problem. Nevertheless I completed the game, and would recommend it to anyone who likes a good story driven adventure you can play the way you want. stealth , espionaige, or allHuman Revolution might have been my favorite game of 2011 if not for the constant lockups . considering I've played through several games on my current pc with zero issues including ' Rage', this must be a Deus Ex problem. Nevertheless I completed the game, and would recommend it to anyone who likes a good story driven adventure you can play the way you want. stealth , espionaige, or all guns blazing.... Expand
  24. Apr 13, 2013
    Great game, great feel, great environment, great gameplay. It's not perfect, but nothing worth mentioning.

I played about an hour of the game at first, then put the game down for almost a year. I don't know why, but I didn't get into it at first. Maybe because I had just got my gaming pc, and I wasn't to used to the keyboard and mouse setup. I don't really know. I try not to dwell on it. That was in the past. Things have changed.

HOWEVER, I picked it up again, bored one day, and I played the f-word out of it. Until I beat it. And I'm about to start a whole other play through. I hope they put another one out, and soon.

Great game.
  25. Jan 13, 2013
    Everything has already been said about this gem among RPGs. Spectacular world, one of the best music in game industry, superb voice-acting. So why not 10/10? The game was unbelievably easy. I died like 5 times on the hardest difficulty. For this I blame poor AI. Enemies line of sight is extremely limited, they are easily lured into kill spot. Credits are useless. During the whole game IEverything has already been said about this gem among RPGs. Spectacular world, one of the best music in game industry, superb voice-acting. So why not 10/10? The game was unbelievably easy. I died like 5 times on the hardest difficulty. For this I blame poor AI. Enemies line of sight is extremely limited, they are easily lured into kill spot. Credits are useless. During the whole game I bought only few mods for weapons and kits. Hacking is too easy if you have put points into it. Game doesn't reward you for looking for passwords/keys; hacking is always way to go if you want to max out reward. Choices you make have almost no consequences. It doesn't whether you kill everyone or not (except for the Pacifist achievement). And yet I still rate this game 9/10. The story and everything around human r/evolution went really deep, asked interesting questions and provided all different opinions though individual characters. Expand
  26. Oct 16, 2011
    I'll be one of the first to admit I was one of those people who questioned, "Deus ex 3? Really? That surely can't work." Almost a decade after the release of the last instalment, Deus Ex: Human Revolution successful re-establishes the franchise as one of the best games this generation. Regardless of the time scale between releases, DE:HR retains all of its predecessors tropes.I'll be one of the first to admit I was one of those people who questioned, "Deus ex 3? Really? That surely can't work." Almost a decade after the release of the last instalment, Deus Ex: Human Revolution successful re-establishes the franchise as one of the best games this generation. Regardless of the time scale between releases, DE:HR retains all of its predecessors tropes. (Thankfully not falling victim to popular modern game designs practice, that every game must look and play like the most successful of that particular genre.) Although DE:HR has a lot to be desired in the graphical front, it isn't a bad look game, but don't expect it to be winning any awards any time soon. Aesthetically it seems to take a very stark approach. Which might sound like a negative comment, but it's not, it defines the Mise en scène. When mixed with the darkness of each city and the eerie glow of the street lights, you'll forget all about of low res/ low poly the game looks from time to time. So, to sum up. Go buy the game. Expand
  27. Nov 1, 2011
    Consolidis shows through quite badly (how hard would it be to just let the PC guys download hires-texture packs and high-definition model packs?) but I was blown away by Eidos Montreal's vision and execution. Refresingly DE: HR manages to avoid cutscene worshippery and let's the player do the decisions.
  28. Nov 8, 2011
    Fantastically desinged world, the feeling of control over your character's decisions and the revival of the Deus Ex series. All of that contribute to well executed title with some minor flaws.
    The game generally encourages you to avoid shooting, as it is the game's biggest flaw. It feels sluggish and precision is absent on occasions, Yet it can deliver realism, when the effect of your shot depend on the ammo you hold or if the enemy is equipped with a helmet.

The story is uneven. I just couldn't get myself into it as much as I wanted to know. Sure, I finished HR in three stints, but felt somewhat dissapointed at the end.
    It doesn't mean that this game dissapointed me. On the contrary. It gave me much more choice than almost anywhere else, the stealth approach felt right and the character development options tugged me back 20 years ago, when every choice for improving my stats was always difficult. Every direction is both correct and bad in some ways. It's up to you to decide whether to follow it to the end or start readjusting your strategy in the middle of the game.

It's a must buy for anyone, who prefers a bit of freedom instead of being pulled through the whole adventure by the developers.
  29. Nov 9, 2011
    Audio-8 voice acting is decently good with main characters whereas the NPCs around sound more like they are really game characters only. Music is great. Mcann's music is one of my favorites but in the game sometimes i felt the tracks, although likeable, were repeated too often. But maybe that was to compensate for the other sound effects that weren't too great honestly but worked well forAudio-8 voice acting is decently good with main characters whereas the NPCs around sound more like they are really game characters only. Music is great. Mcann's music is one of my favorites but in the game sometimes i felt the tracks, although likeable, were repeated too often. But maybe that was to compensate for the other sound effects that weren't too great honestly but worked well for whatever was being presented.

Graphics 8.5- "SMOOTH". that's what i've to say for the framerates which were great on my pc which is a bit powerful but can't say if people with lower hardware will say the same. but the game was optimized that's for sure. with that the art direction and the looks of the game were treat to look at. really the dystopian environment created was justifying the game's theme of human augmentation and the human and moral values attached to the issue. although the characters in contrast especially the NPCs were odd to look at. except jensen everybody else seemed a bit wooden in their movement and animation.
    Gameplay 9.0- To all the stealth lovers out there, this game is seriously for you. the stealth approach especially also connects to the conclusions that jensen talks about in the end. so due to not only being limited to the gameplay but also being a part of the story, this approach i personally feel is the best. other approaches especially head-on combat may not exactly go along with game's style and direction which it goes in.
    Story-8.0- it could have been epic... maybe it was but it didn't feel personal in the end which is an aspect i really expected to be fulfilled after playing games like GTA IV and Mass Effect series. maybe devs deliberately wanted to take an approach where you'd get to know people more through their mails then from their conversations with them. And it's quite practical actually when you think about our social reality today cause my family may not be knowing what's on my mind today but my "Facebook" friends surely do through my updates. but i personally want people to come and talk to me in a lively manner like of which was present in the games i mentioned previously. but nevertheless i was impressed and actually came out with a lot of "food for thought" after playing the game which i believe was the goal of devs and which they have accomplished well.

i want to give this game an 8.5 but i'll round it up to 9 because i'm impressed by it despite it's flaws (or what i'm not able to like but you might). Bottomline- it may not be exactly what i should have bought on day one of it's release but then i don't think i've wasted my money either. For those who are really dying for it go and get it. those who are a bit skeptic, get this game in some nice deal because it definitely is one of the better games of current gen of games.
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    A really nice, well made game. I didn't enjoy the original one that much but the trailer set up the hype for me. And rarely any games meet up with the hype. Totally deserves a 9 from me
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    This is my first Deus Ex game.
    Bought it on a whim and I'm glad I did.
    Best stealth system in a game ever!
    Awesome story and gameplay.
    Likable Characters and Great Atmosphere.
    One of the best games of the year.
  32. Nov 11, 2011
    Brilliant immersive gameplay, a simply outstanding game! The story is excellent, I feel they captured the original perfectly! The voice acting could have done a little better, but other than that, brilliance.
  33. Nov 15, 2011
    It lives up the Deus Ex name, full of great. with a slight glitch hear and there but not enough to keep you from enjoying a great story and gameplay. simply worth its retail price.
  34. Nov 20, 2011
    Not as good as the original, but considering how good the original was, that's not saying much.

This game is just dripping with atmosphere, from the renaisence inspired art style to the sometimes chilling music. The characters are perfect and you really get a sense of tension, desperation and loss. The details are all there, form Adam's cracked mirror, the memorial to your murdered collegues and comments about detroits economic situation.

Now to gameplay. Fantastic fun, but unfortunately easy, even on the hardest setting. There are so many choices available for completing even the simplest of tasks you will never see them all, even after 10 play throughs. Some are absolutely inspired, some are just hidden air-vents.

Worth every penny, I finished the main game, then went straight to starting it again, this time without taking a life or being detected. The real seller is choosing how you play, and in that respect this game is perfect.

The story howver, does not change depending on your actions, and was the primary complaint I had about this game.
  35. Mar 9, 2012
    Intense, in depth, fun to play, doesn't get old, DLCs that are worth it, smooth engine and amazing graphics, gameplay that makes you feel badass. It's like somebody took the game disks for Bioshock, Metal Gear Solid, LA Noire, Batman, and Timesplitters, and glued them together with pure **** This game is that good. Oh, and if the gameplay and game throughout didn't seal the deal for thisIntense, in depth, fun to play, doesn't get old, DLCs that are worth it, smooth engine and amazing graphics, gameplay that makes you feel badass. It's like somebody took the game disks for Bioshock, Metal Gear Solid, LA Noire, Batman, and Timesplitters, and glued them together with pure **** This game is that good. Oh, and if the gameplay and game throughout didn't seal the deal for this being the best game ever, you know what did? The endings. Every single one is amazingly written, and collectively I think they could be called the best ending(s) in the history of video games. Sorry Earthbound. Buyer analysis: It seems to go on sale a lot lately, but I would even say this one is worth buying at full price. The DLC too. Expand
  36. Nov 28, 2011
    Excellent game. Gives the very same feeling as the original game, where you are free to make your own choices, and those choices have a permanent effect in the world. This makes the game very immersive, where you really give a thought on every move you make.
  37. Dec 7, 2011
    I must warn i didn't play any of the Deus Ex before. The game turns out boring really fast and i had to drive my self time over time to keep playing in hope i would recover the initial hype, but that never happened.

Let me tell you the good things. The atmosphere. The game play. The story premise. The characters. The background. Everything feels right in the beginning of the game. This feeling start growing as you progress through the game and discover new things about the environment, the characters, background and story unfolds.

Unfortunately somewhere around middle game the levels start to stretch the same game play mechanics all over again, the enemies are the same and the story stops unfolding and starts to burp incoherent scenes. The game stops being fun and you forget what was great in the beginning.

The first 10 hours of game play are excellent, and for 10 game play hours it's worth 20$ - 25$ tops (around the same gameplay as portal 2). Then you can put the game into the shelve, because the game becomes modern Half-Life for half the fun.

I'd give it 8 if i would pretend the game has finished when i finished having fun with it.
  38. Dec 20, 2011
    Human Revolution is a decent sequel. It doesn't quite live up to the first, but thankfully, it blows the second away.

Combat feels decent, except for a few buggy melee take-downs. Stealth feels too easy, almost as though every henchman is badly nearsighted and hard of hearing. Also, while harder difficulty settings provide more realistic gunfights, they don't make enemies any smarter or more observant. Dialogue is generally interesting and well done, and the story arc - while occasionally a little bland or predictable - offers a dark vision of the future that makes the whole experience worthwhile. One of the game's biggest drawbacks are the boss fights. They don't feel very distinct from one another, and most of the bosses are extremely vulnerable to pathing glitches and explosives. In fact, even on the hardest difficulty, almost every boss can be defeated without effort by repeatedly throwing explosive mines at their feet. Not very climactic.

But, again, the plot and role-playing elements make this title worth the money, even if it's no game of the year.
  39. Jan 1, 2012
    This is an excellent cyber-punk game with very nice rpg gameplay, amazing graphics, and a deep cyber story with references to Phillip Dick, William Gibson. The only negative to this title is the boss fights.
  40. Jul 6, 2012
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is good, really good. Though the graphic is a little bit weird (orange in almost entire game), it does not affect the great game play. Jensen sounds like some dying patient at first, but story telling gets better when you got used to Jensen's voice. The endings were absolutely awesome and it actually left me something to think about.
  41. Dec 1, 2012
    Awesome game to begin with particularly for those who like a perfect blend of stealth and shooting (more emphasis on stealth actually). The game takes time to pick up the pace but once it does, it's a complete amusement. With the awesome conspiracy story which keeps changing it's course, innovative way-finding gameplay and an awesome character Adam Jensen, this game really makes youAwesome game to begin with particularly for those who like a perfect blend of stealth and shooting (more emphasis on stealth actually). The game takes time to pick up the pace but once it does, it's a complete amusement. With the awesome conspiracy story which keeps changing it's course, innovative way-finding gameplay and an awesome character Adam Jensen, this game really makes you absorbed in its own world.
    The only flaw is the boss battle because they are total hardcore action but Jensen can't keep up with any boss practically and because the game is mainly stealth oriented, it pisses you off sometimes.
    In a nutshell, it's a great game with awesome story line and innovative gameplay mechanics. I would rate it #2 in my list of Best Games of 2011 after Witcher 2.
  42. Jan 24, 2012
    Very good hybrid gameplay,excellent atmosphere,great story and technology,flawless soundtrack = I love this game.A true sequel to a great game.A must have game for a true gamer.
  43. Mar 4, 2012
    Overall, a pretty decent game if you play it at least as a quasi-stealth approach.

PROS -Lots of weapons to choose from (or none at all if you want to do entirely melee takedowns). The movement and the combat is fluid enough that there is no real awkwardness in either sneaking or fighting. Augmentations do let you choose which style of play fits you better, and they are sparse enough that you actually do have to make choices about which ones you want; although if you play total stealth and get all the bonuses for not being seen, by the end of the game you will have most things. The story isn't bad, and fleshes out the back story of the first game since this takes place before it. There are a few character references and names and such that hint at things in the first game.

CONS- If you do play for stealth you basically don't use any weapons except in boss fights and that's too bad because some of them are interesting enough. The boss fights are EXTREMELY out of place in the game, especially if you go a stealth route, though they aren't too tough, especially if you carry a spare heavy weapon, and a stun gun. The last "boss fight" and really the last entire level was very anti climactic. Hacking is way too over used, there are literally 50-100 things in every area that can be hacked... and the way the augmentations are broken out to improve hacking just requires way too many points to be good at it (unless you play total stealth then you have more than enough). The chinese city was WAY too large and convoluted to navigate well, even after being there repeatedly in the game and overall spending a few hours there. The facial animations, and movement in general (at the very least for the half a dozen characters you get up close and have important conversations with) should have been a lot better, they look a bit dated and wooden. The voice acting is just... off. Maybe because the animations don't show emotion well, or maybe because the particular voices they chose just didn't work, i'm not sure. If you play with quasi-stealth and don't care about the stealth bonuses, it is not terribly difficult to kill everything and just hide when they come for you and repeat. As a straight shooting game it would be far less entertaining than trying for full stealth, and would probably be fairly easy and tedious.

Overall I actually found it a reasonable successor to the original, and certainly better than invisible war by far. This game does emphasize the stealth a little more than the original that merely offered it as an attractive choice, however you certainly don't have to play as stealth and can brute force it. The story line isn't quite as complex, but was reasonably entertaining if not partially predictable. I am usually the first to hate games that are also released on console because of them being (dumbed down) but really I don't think this game suffered from that nearly as much as people claim. Honestly any negativity from fans of the original is probably from people who haven't played the original in a while and remember it being more than it was. There was more freedom, and the story was a little better in the original, but a lot of the basic game elements and premises are still here, and this game embraces it's own kind of exploration with the cities that the original really didn't have as much except in wan chai.
  44. Feb 27, 2012
    Deus Ex was the first FPS I ever played that had weapons upgrades and Body Augmentations. I really enjoyed being able to customize my character and it also allows me to replay with different combat approaches. The story is fantastic and makes up for the few shortcomings this game has. I congratulate the staff involved in the development of this game it was well thought out and veryDeus Ex was the first FPS I ever played that had weapons upgrades and Body Augmentations. I really enjoyed being able to customize my character and it also allows me to replay with different combat approaches. The story is fantastic and makes up for the few shortcomings this game has. I congratulate the staff involved in the development of this game it was well thought out and very enjoyable to play. In a perfect world the AI would be better and mobs would hide more often. Graphically I saw nothing new and didnt care because of the storyline (same reason I keep playing halflife) I gave this game a 9 because i felt like the quests were too linear and there weren't enough side quests maybe 1 to 3 per zone(prob 95% less than Skyrim ;p) and I really disliked the way the radar and map functions worked. The best part of this game in my opinion, your character talks even though my favorite game is halflife 2 i hate how in some FPSers (halflife 2 ;p) they direct the dialogue and story telling to cater a non talking character TRON is an excellent example of this. In my opinion not talking causes you to be more removed from the story not less and game makers should just ditch that idea. Give us a choice what to say or just talk. If you play games for the story then this is a must buy. Expand
  45. Mar 4, 2012
    The game is fun and highly polished (and at the same time, simplified). It runs remarkably well on my dated PC, and loading times are very short. My main gripe with DX: HR is that it's so short; I tried to finish every single secondary mission I could find, but I still clocked only 20 hours of gameplay according to Steam.
  46. Mar 10, 2012
    Liked the game very much. Cyberpunk atmosphere, high-tech and other stuff really get me excited when i was playing this game. What about graphics, it's not so important thing in games like this, but it's smooth and the doesn't spoil the game experience.
  47. Mar 11, 2012
    Keep playing, this game worth it, It really should have been the game of the year,dont be fooled by the aparently outdated graphics, (one tip, turn off the brightness and it will look much better), the gameplay is exelent, the desing is exelent too, the story it just gets better and better in the game, This is a serious game, not trying be appeal to the masses, but it succeeds doing it,Keep playing, this game worth it, It really should have been the game of the year,dont be fooled by the aparently outdated graphics, (one tip, turn off the brightness and it will look much better), the gameplay is exelent, the desing is exelent too, the story it just gets better and better in the game, This is a serious game, not trying be appeal to the masses, but it succeeds doing it, because its not trying fool or manipulate the audience, like mass effect series.

I'll give it 9, and not 10 because of the boss fights, they are easy unbalance and little dumb. (but it doesn't bring down the game as whole)
  48. Mar 18, 2012
    This is a fantastic game! I was a fan of the original, but not a fan of Deus Ex 2. And I have to admit, I was really impressed with this game! The graphics aren't brilliant, but the atmosphere and environment are. This game brings back Cyberpunk, with street gangs, robots and cool tech. The sound effects and music makes this game feel like you 're in the Bladerunner movie. The mainThis is a fantastic game! I was a fan of the original, but not a fan of Deus Ex 2. And I have to admit, I was really impressed with this game! The graphics aren't brilliant, but the atmosphere and environment are. This game brings back Cyberpunk, with street gangs, robots and cool tech. The sound effects and music makes this game feel like you 're in the Bladerunner movie. The main character is really cool and calm, but you can play as a good guy or a bad ass depending on how the player completes the guests. This game stays true to the original Deus Ex, but there are a couple things which tarnish this game on PC . For example, you are limited to activating only 4 augments at a time which is the same on console. Why couldn't it be more like on the the origin? Also, there is recovering HP and recharging Energy, which makes the player feel almost invincible. This makes playing the game not as challenging the second time around which is a shame because I was expecting Hard mode to be Hardcore! Another thing that disgruntled me was the terrible boss battles which were poorly designed. But overall this game is recommend to anyone who loves Cyberpunk RPG or FPS games! Expand
  49. Apr 18, 2012
    I am finding that I actually love his game. The atmosphere and maps are great and while the graphics are generally sub-par (console limitations) they are generally forgivable given the story. The story. Love the story. I enjoyed the original Deus Ex way back when and this story flows nicely right into it, as intended. The ending fits with the storyline very well (unlike the totalI am finding that I actually love his game. The atmosphere and maps are great and while the graphics are generally sub-par (console limitations) they are generally forgivable given the story. The story. Love the story. I enjoyed the original Deus Ex way back when and this story flows nicely right into it, as intended. The ending fits with the storyline very well (unlike the total assf*ck idiot ending of Mass Effect 3). Character animations are odd at times - I kept thinking everyone in the game has Parkinson's and not as good as those of Mass Effect (the entire series). The hand-to-hand takedowns are a real kick and I never got tired of watching Adam do non-lethal takedowns on enemy after enemy. The lethal take-downs were OK too but I just preferred the more varied non-lethals.

I definitely like the conversation modes in the game with a half-dozen special conversations that you have to navigate JUST SO in order to obtain a good outcome. Blow it and you don't get a second chance short of going back to a save you made prior to the key conversation. There is an augmentation you can acquire that is supposed to help you "read" people so you can navigate these key conversations better but, honestly, I did better NOT using it and just going on my own gut. In fact, the conversation augment confused me and misled me more than it helped but YMMV. I did ONE playthrough of Mass Effect 3 as was so pissed and angry about the STUPID ending that I couldn't bring myself to play ANY of the Mass Effect games again so here I am...doing yet another playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. At this point, I've already played it more times than I did even Mass Effect 2. Going from Mass Effect games to Deus Ex: Human Revolution it did take me some time to get used to the differences, mainly the oddity of DEHR going from first person to third person rather than sticking with one or the other all the time. From having played so much Mass Effect (before ME3 ruined it all) I got to really really like third person - and this is coming from someone who had been almost a pure first person game guy. While I would prefer to have had DEHR third person all the way, like with the Mass Effect games, I have quickly come to accept the way of DEHR. Great game, great atmosphere, great story, great soundtrack. Play this game again and again (instead of trying Mass Effect 3 even once...seriously, you wont regret it).
  50. Apr 26, 2012
    this was a really great game if i take it as a whole, but as someone said earlier, it kinda gets a little bit boring becouse of the same content all the time (hacking, "Q to the face!" and crawling in shafts, but overall, i enjoyed it so thats why it owns a spot on my best games of the year
  51. Apr 2, 2012
    This game is not perfect, but it's REALLY GOOD. It does everything a Deus ex fan wants correctly. The graphics are a bit dated, and the acting can be hilariously bad at times (Which somehow adds to the fun) but overall, Deus ex is a great game and a great prequel to another great game.
  52. Dec 29, 2013
    Truly a worthy adversary towards other futuristic themed video games. Deus Ex Human Revolution is a fine example of a well thought out game that takes advantage of the player's intelligence to pass through levels. The story is incredible immersive and complete with full dialogue for the full experience. Players are able to make decisions that will impact the environment while progressingTruly a worthy adversary towards other futuristic themed video games. Deus Ex Human Revolution is a fine example of a well thought out game that takes advantage of the player's intelligence to pass through levels. The story is incredible immersive and complete with full dialogue for the full experience. Players are able to make decisions that will impact the environment while progressing through the story. A fine example of an incredible game that will last for decades. Expand
  53. Apr 19, 2012
    My favorite game this year after ME3, it really goes to the roots of deus ex 1, the second game was a joke everyone knows that. This one has its own cyber punk style design which gives you the feel like beeing in a blade runner movie. So much posibilities, the only bad side is that boss fights always go same way even if you are not an soldier or use only powers you have to kill bosses theMy favorite game this year after ME3, it really goes to the roots of deus ex 1, the second game was a joke everyone knows that. This one has its own cyber punk style design which gives you the feel like beeing in a blade runner movie. So much posibilities, the only bad side is that boss fights always go same way even if you are not an soldier or use only powers you have to kill bosses the same way as a soldier which is a bit to bad. But still it doesnt ruin the game. Expand
  54. Apr 24, 2012
    A great and truly inspiring comeback of one of the most underrated series in history. Well-rounded rpg game that captures some of the essence of first deus ex. Great graphics in terms of design, fantastic atmosphere, strong gameplay and well constructed and mature plot easily surpassing all quasi-rpg stories in skyrim, fallout3, oblivion, etc. That's how it should be done
  55. May 1, 2012
    A decent game, really. It's different from any other games I've seen so far. A unique experience too. From the moment I saw the release trailer, I knew this was a really inspiring game. The storyline is unprecedented; deep, dark and interesting, it immerses me in a world that I'll never ever forget. The game-play is also unique; it grants me options on how to accomplish a mission, whetherA decent game, really. It's different from any other games I've seen so far. A unique experience too. From the moment I saw the release trailer, I knew this was a really inspiring game. The storyline is unprecedented; deep, dark and interesting, it immerses me in a world that I'll never ever forget. The game-play is also unique; it grants me options on how to accomplish a mission, whether to be a soldier and storm into a room full of turrets and enemies or to be an assassin, taking down enemies stealthily or just slip past them. The cover system is also cool. The augmentation feature is great; you can play it in whatever way you want to. The voice-acting and cinematic- superb. The graphics are just beautiful on high settings. The only downfall in this game is the boss fight. They kind of limit your options to only one, which is to defeat them. All downfalls aside, I would definitely recommend this game to everyone. A 9.4 out of 10. Expand
  56. Oct 5, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game, must play, it's not perfect but the story itself, voice acting are epic.

And it could be much, much more, theres so much rom for improvment, I can't wait for DeusEX: Universe
  57. Dec 8, 2014
    I remember one of the most fun moments this game gave me; hacking a gun turret and allowing me to pick up that gun turrent and carry it throughout the level with that thing shooting everything that was hostile around me. It was crazy fun. I won't repeat most of the good things that have already been said but suffice to say, this an experience to remember. A game that lets you go through itI remember one of the most fun moments this game gave me; hacking a gun turret and allowing me to pick up that gun turrent and carry it throughout the level with that thing shooting everything that was hostile around me. It was crazy fun. I won't repeat most of the good things that have already been said but suffice to say, this an experience to remember. A game that lets you go through it in so many ways, trying them all becomes an obsession. This game also has brilliant writing, dialogue and story. Talking without thought to characters can deny you access to so many things permanently and fail missions or just cause funny problems. What can I say, after so many years, a worthy successor at last! Expand
  58. Sep 25, 2012
    Overall I enjoyed this game. Being a fan of the RPG genre, I was a little disappointed with the augmentations spec. I feel RPG's should force to you to make meaningful decisions on your choices, but I did not necessarily feel that with Human Revolution. In the beginning, objectives can be met in multiple ways and in the end I unlocked all augmentations minus the pointless ones. DespiteOverall I enjoyed this game. Being a fan of the RPG genre, I was a little disappointed with the augmentations spec. I feel RPG's should force to you to make meaningful decisions on your choices, but I did not necessarily feel that with Human Revolution. In the beginning, objectives can be met in multiple ways and in the end I unlocked all augmentations minus the pointless ones. Despite what I read from others saying there is a ton of replayability from this game, I don't see any since my character spec was ultimately irrelevant throughout the game. Looking past this, however, I still did enjoy this game. The game play was solid and the story line was one of the first I've come across in a while that was actually compelling. Expand
  59. Aug 2, 2014
    After watching the original Human Revolution E3 trailer at least 40 times, in some ways the game fell short of the imaginations that trailer invoked. But falling short still left an extremely polished game. For all its options, the gameplay usually feels linear and controlled, though for a story-driven game that is understandable. The story is spectacular, though it sets such a highAfter watching the original Human Revolution E3 trailer at least 40 times, in some ways the game fell short of the imaginations that trailer invoked. But falling short still left an extremely polished game. For all its options, the gameplay usually feels linear and controlled, though for a story-driven game that is understandable. The story is spectacular, though it sets such a high bar for itself that when it occasionally dips to normal quality it feels a little disappointing. The boss fights felt a little contrived and forced into the storyline. Human Revolution has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. The music, story, and visuals form one of the most unforgettable.ambiances I've experienced in a game. Some people are criticizing the stealth, role playing, and action elements. Yet the cited "superior" examples are usually games that focus on just one of those three elements and contain less story. The success of Human Revolution is in seamlessly merging all of those elements together. Expand
  60. Oct 18, 2012
    As a cyberpunk fan i dived into this game with lots of expectations and all thing lived up to the hype! It's a great game with great script, writing, dialogue, intrigue and stealth/FPS/RPG elements. It worth every penny spent on it!
  61. Jul 22, 2013
    gomy game of my life)... just fantastic gameplay, story line, art style soundtrack you MUST check it out) this game made me cry for thinking that it is getting over and i will never can see this things again with the same suprise. the game is also have a political aspect that is just amazing graphics are a bit ugly but the style of the game is fantastic
  62. Dec 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Pros] Excellent story & storytelling, serene & memorable soundtrack, builds unique atmosphere for each area, strong characters with motives, balanced RPG elements, many stealth & non-lethal options [Cons] Mediocre & spotty graphics, overly compressed cutscenes (thanks again, consoles), shoe-horned boss battles, stupid zombie level, "choose your adventure" endings. Overall, this is a fantastic sequel to the legendary Deus Ex (Invisible War doesn't exist) and worth picking up for fans of the original or newcomers to the series. Expand
  63. Dec 16, 2013
    An extremely enjoyable and well polished fps with great skill sets and stealth options.
    Many ways you can play this as well as numerous side quests.

Well worth a look.
  64. Nov 18, 2012
    This game is so incredibly fun and strategic. I don
  65. Dec 18, 2012
    In this depressing age in which games like Splinter Cell: Conviction and Hitman: Absolution routinely betray virtually everything that made their predecessors so unique and enjoyable, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of very few sources of hope for the future of the gaming industry. I've played through the game several times (always on the highest difficulty), and am still finding newIn this depressing age in which games like Splinter Cell: Conviction and Hitman: Absolution routinely betray virtually everything that made their predecessors so unique and enjoyable, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of very few sources of hope for the future of the gaming industry. I've played through the game several times (always on the highest difficulty), and am still finding new things to achieve. On my most recent playthrough, I managed to get through the entire game without upgrading a single augmentation. This is a perfect example of the immense freedom of choice this classic offers. I'm also a huge fan of Deus Ex 1, and the entirety of Human Revolution plays like a massive tribute to the original game. Even the music couldn't be more perfect, actually retaining Deus Ex 1's format of constant (and amazing) music that changes based on what's going on. I've become completely addicted to knocking out and hiding every guard in perfect stealth, always looking forward to the Ghost XP bonus upon completion of every objective. The only thing in this masterpiece that I don't approve of is the boss fights (which should have been exactly like the one at the end of The Missing Link DLC), but I've gotten to the point where I can easily defeat each without even having to carry a single lethal weapon. And the PC version feels perfect, even offering things like two separate walk keys for both toggling and holding. I have no idea why there are any negative user reviews for this game. It's utterly brilliant, and the closest thing to a modern version of Deus Ex 1 that anyone could ever realistically expect from the gaming industry these days. Expand
  66. Dec 5, 2012
    Awesome ambient soundtrack(even now i listen it sometimes), awesome combined gameplay, storyline with moral choice, you choose ending of the story. 10/10
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    While this game is definitely better than Invisible War, I can't help feeling dissappointed. There were so much stupid game mechanics. For example, I would have rather got melee weapons than pre-captured takedown animations which get old after seeing them once, not to mention that you lose energy while performing them. How can military-grade cyber augmentations run out of energy whenWhile this game is definitely better than Invisible War, I can't help feeling dissappointed. There were so much stupid game mechanics. For example, I would have rather got melee weapons than pre-captured takedown animations which get old after seeing them once, not to mention that you lose energy while performing them. How can military-grade cyber augmentations run out of energy when knocking down a single guard? Another thing I absolutely hated were the boss battles. Why the hell did they have to include boss battles with no alternate methods of progression on a game based on freedom? The storyline was good, but no match to original Deus Ex. That pretty much sums the whole game: It's good, but sub-par compared to DX1. Expand
  68. Jan 2, 2013
    It's 10/10

It's 10/10

Strong and believable story, no useless augmentation, about 3 different types to play the game, incredible considered maps. It's a pure miracle that someone took the very old masterpiece and made ... another masterpiece with his own ideas, thoughts. Every single character in it has it's very own life story with his own problems and beliefs. Jensen is not the center of the universe and a lot of thongs going on around him without stopping and asking how Jensen want them to happen. The game without a single weak point except (maybe) bosses. And did you hear that music in the game? It's just amazingly cool! You do not want to miss it, believe me.
  69. Mar 24, 2013
    The soundtrack is truly awesome. Adam Jensen is a pretty awesome and like-able character. The ending is so-so, but I'm still giving the game a 10 because the story is great otherwise and it's one of the best PC games I've ever played.
  70. Jul 12, 2014
    The whole "you can choose not to be lethal thing," let's just call it what it is. It's the developers being too lazy to come up with convincing bad guys with convincing motivation that the player will actually want to shoot. So instead it tries to guilt-trip you for killing a virtual video game person, and tries to use that guilt to convince you that you owe it something, and thus shouldThe whole "you can choose not to be lethal thing," let's just call it what it is. It's the developers being too lazy to come up with convincing bad guys with convincing motivation that the player will actually want to shoot. So instead it tries to guilt-trip you for killing a virtual video game person, and tries to use that guilt to convince you that you owe it something, and thus should keep playing and give it a good review. That's prettymuch the entire game

The persuasion sequences, while I'm a fan of them in theory, I didn't like their implementation in this game. The characters all act like whiny teenage drama queens and bear no resemblance to real people.

Overall, a game shouldn't try to make up for being mediocre by being smooth and easy to play. I don't like games because they're smooth and easy to get through, I like them because they're fun and interesting. When a game is genuinely fun and interesting, it doesn't have to be all that smooth and user-friendly just to get you to continue playing. That shouldn't be your main motivation or even your secondary or tertiary motivation, and it's certainly nothing for a game to be proud of. The meat is in the content, and Deus Ex is lacking
  71. May 16, 2013
    One of the best RPG of all time, yeah it's mostly linear, but memorable characters and one of the best written plot in gaming history with unexpected twists presents to you by this remarkable franchise! This is must own
  72. Apr 26, 2013
    The most fun I have had in a game, absolutely unbelievable. Has amazing replay value because of the choices given in it of different ways to approach each mission. The Gold theme even though a bit strange works and looks rather nice.
  73. sft
    Jan 19, 2014
    A sneaky business

A sneaky business

It might be possible to run-and-gun your way through DEHR but to do so would be to miss the point of the game. DEHR is all about stealth, hacking, persuasion, and cautious combat. And it does all this very well. There’s also a fully realised story that has much more depth than most games. It’s also worth noting the soundtrack, which is very atmospheric throughout (and somewhat redolent of Blade Runner at times). The visuals are a mixed bag, however, with impressive environments but often disappointing character models and animation. And the colour palette is rather muted and bland. The worst aspect of the game, however, is the inventory, which is bafflingly annoying: it rather pointlessly forces you to shuffle things around in order to fit all the items in. I really don’t see the point of this as it adds nothing to the game. There is also no real variation in the environments visited during the game; it’s basically one urban landscape after another. These may seem like minor criticisms but when combined they were enough to dampen my enjoyment a little. But having said all that DEHR does what it sets out to do so well that I can forgive it’s few flaws.
  74. May 23, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is very nice, beautiful and atmospheric game with a memorable soundtrack, vaguely reminiscent of the music from the film "Inception". However, this is not a revolution. It is no conceptual or gameplay discoveries. But the fact that there are so fine-tailored tailored that even do not want to find fault. Sitting at the game, you will not regret for one minute spentDeus Ex: Human Revolution is very nice, beautiful and atmospheric game with a memorable soundtrack, vaguely reminiscent of the music from the film "Inception". However, this is not a revolution. It is no conceptual or gameplay discoveries. But the fact that there are so fine-tailored tailored that even do not want to find fault. Sitting at the game, you will not regret for one minute spent in a dark 2027th, when people first got scared of what will become machines. Expand
  75. Oct 30, 2013
    Human Revolution is a great game with many elements coming together well, although there are some pitfalls. The game is very open end, and you can take on challenges the way you see fit, whether that be through brute force, sneaking a back way through vents, cloaking your way through, or hacking a computer and making a robot fight for you. The voice acting for the most part is solid, andHuman Revolution is a great game with many elements coming together well, although there are some pitfalls. The game is very open end, and you can take on challenges the way you see fit, whether that be through brute force, sneaking a back way through vents, cloaking your way through, or hacking a computer and making a robot fight for you. The voice acting for the most part is solid, and the plot is enthralling, with the added effect that what you do influences plot points. An effective dark atmosphere is created, although the gold and black colour scheme may not appeal to all. However, the game is far from perfect and has definite weakness. The AI in particular, can be quite dumb at times, especially with regards to their alertness to your presence and their reactions. Sometimes enemies get stuck in doors and sometimes they run around like complete buffoons. In addition, the boss fights are unnecessary and do not belong and often rely on saving and loading until you eventually do enough damage to kill them. This concept does not fit well with a game where choice is one of the most prevalent aspects. These pitfalls aside, Human Revolution is still a great game which presents you with many choices and ways to tackle a problem. A link between various genres is done successfully and as a result, an enthralling package is produced, despite the shortcomings. Expand
  76. Jul 7, 2013
    A simplified review for novice gamers
    Graphics:
    Every inch of the game has been carried out perfectly in the sewer, the city or in the buildings of the game Sound: The sound of the game is great, the voice acting as well and every time you shoot a bullet it just feels natural Game play: This is what Deus ex is about GAME PLAY you can engage fire fights, hack, or sneak your through
    A simplified review for novice gamers
    Graphics:
    Sound:
    Game play:
    This is what Deus ex is about GAME PLAY you can engage fire fights, hack, or sneak your through the game with many side quests and upgrades to make
    Story:
    The plot is great and very satisfying with various ways to finish your objective for example if someone knows a password for a door and he died its not game over

Overall Deus ex is and awesome game which i find very fun to play and recommend for you
  77. Sep 10, 2014
    Deus ex human revolution had me grinning ear to ear the whole way through. I loved the feeling of being a badass but at the same time while I was a killer cyborg with many different toys I still felt like a normal man who can be taken down by someone with a gun or a pack of punks. This is my favorite stealth game of all time. While I did not like the way that taking the good guy route wasDeus ex human revolution had me grinning ear to ear the whole way through. I loved the feeling of being a badass but at the same time while I was a killer cyborg with many different toys I still felt like a normal man who can be taken down by someone with a gun or a pack of punks. This is my favorite stealth game of all time. While I did not like the way that taking the good guy route was actually easier as I felt that being evil in various situations such as killing guys with my blades would be faster and easier. But it punished me if I did whip my blades out and it is much faster just to tap on a guys shoulder and deck him in the face rather than bringing out my cyberware. Overall amazing game and is a must buy for RPGs fans and stealth fans alike. Expand
  78. Dec 24, 2013
    This is truly a masterpiece.
    The RPG elements plus the different ways to approach a mission plus the graphics and gameplay make this game a superb experience.
    Highly Recommended
  79. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is just perfect. It has one of the best stories so far in video games, altought the ending is dumb. Great balance between stealth and action, many ways to achieve succes in mission, various augmentations that are fun to use. Nice graphics stylization, nice characters, interesting side missions. What else to say. Deus Ex 1 was a perfect game and many ppl though that DEHR wont beThis game is just perfect. It has one of the best stories so far in video games, altought the ending is dumb. Great balance between stealth and action, many ways to achieve succes in mission, various augmentations that are fun to use. Nice graphics stylization, nice characters, interesting side missions. What else to say. Deus Ex 1 was a perfect game and many ppl though that DEHR wont be as good but they were wrong. DEHR is a percet prequel to one of the best games of history. Expand
  80. Aug 14, 2013
    really entertaining!
    this game creates a real atmosphere and at some points you cant stop playing playing, like when you read a good book. The hours fly away
  81. Sep 11, 2013
    DH: HR is a game with a wide and deep world, full of details to discover and learn, wrapped in a storyline that keeps hooked for hours and hours of great gameplay. The characters are always credible, with state of the art dialogues. The graphic is not perfect, but the design and the style are gorgeous. Human Revolution is a masterpiece that every gamer should own.
  82. Apr 22, 2014
    Deus Ex: HR is a fantastic game. I liked it much more than I thought I would.

Deus Ex: HR is a fantastic game. I liked it much more than I thought I would.

The story is pretty good except that they don’t do a good enough of selling the main conflict. I don’t see the big deal about being a cyborg. It certainly beats being dead, which is what the main character would be w/out augment technology. Also, all of the multiple endings fell flat for me. They are basically FMV stock footage with narration about what happened.

Everything else is spot on, though: graphics, music, voice acting, and especially gameplay. Some people criticize Deus Ex: HR b/c they think there are too many upgrades available and you can max out too many stats. I say those people need to get over themselves. If they’re so hardcore they can either not collect the upgrades (many of which are optional) or simply not apply them.

Games like this make me wonder how & why people are still playing Metal Gear Solid. This has actual, real stealth-based gameplay and figuring out ways to knock out or kill people and hide their bodies is part of the fun. Controls are tight and movement is fluid, unlike in MGS games. It’s hard for me to imagine anyone having a bad time playing this game.
  83. Sep 28, 2014
    Good game, but there are some bad things.. AI is so stupid, handgun is more precise than sniper, good weapons arrive when the game is almost over. Many unskippable scenes...
  84. Sep 26, 2013
    I like it, but it's got some REALLY annoying stuff in it. Like the fact that when an enemy spots you he immediately alerts everyone else annoying yes, but it is a brilliant game.
  85. Jan 22, 2014
    Highest on my best games ever list. It has a bunch of minor issues as others pointed out, but the characters, the story telling and the multiple ways to solve problems are things rarely seen in any game ever. OTOH, if you like your story easy to grasp and your characters clear cut good or bad, this game is not for you.
  86. Nov 13, 2013
    One of the best game of last years. Perfect on everything: story, gameplay, graphic and music. The rpg mode is very accurate and have waste of choice u can get for your ability, funny becouse that choice of abilities determinate your story and how u move forward on the game, if u like be more stealth u choice invisibility and hacker, if u like be more aggressive you can improve armor,One of the best game of last years. Perfect on everything: story, gameplay, graphic and music. The rpg mode is very accurate and have waste of choice u can get for your ability, funny becouse that choice of abilities determinate your story and how u move forward on the game, if u like be more stealth u choice invisibility and hacker, if u like be more aggressive you can improve armor, combat and health to kick everybodys ass, one of the best single player i play in my life and it's sin that the game haven't the multiplayer mode, can be very interesting. Expand
  87. Nov 18, 2013
    The best game that allows to use different paths and skills to resolve a problem. An amazing story, excellent gameplay and cool cinematics. The side quests are very interesting, and the exploration of all the city allows to learn about the universe of Deus Ex. 100% Recommended!!!
  88. Aug 5, 2014
    As a die-hard fan of Deus Ex, considering it the best game of all time, I was more than worried what will they do with this and how will they tarnish the Deus Ex name, but I'm extremely relieved that this is really good. Of course it's not that level of ultimate masterpiece that the original Deus Ex was back in 2000, but considering this day and age and how games tend to be, HumanAs a die-hard fan of Deus Ex, considering it the best game of all time, I was more than worried what will they do with this and how will they tarnish the Deus Ex name, but I'm extremely relieved that this is really good. Of course it's not that level of ultimate masterpiece that the original Deus Ex was back in 2000, but considering this day and age and how games tend to be, Human Revolution is a fantastic game. There is still a great deal of cyber atmosphere here, even the music is pretty good, I liked the story and even the gameplay. I must admit that I probably enjoyed Human Revolution more than the Invisible War. It's no match for the original Deus Ex, nothing is and nothing ever will probably, but this is liekly as good as it gets. One point down for those terrible terrible boss fights. 9/10 Expand
  89. Nov 27, 2013
    In Deus Ex Human Revolution you play as Adam Jensen, and must uncover the truth behind conspiracies and twists in a future Detroit. This future is not only beautiful, but also rich and interesting, and as the plot progresses you will become more and more involved with the game. There are many missions available to the player (some that are required to advance in the story, others that areIn Deus Ex Human Revolution you play as Adam Jensen, and must uncover the truth behind conspiracies and twists in a future Detroit. This future is not only beautiful, but also rich and interesting, and as the plot progresses you will become more and more involved with the game. There are many missions available to the player (some that are required to advance in the story, others that are entirely optional), and the game gives you a lot of freedom on how to decide to finish them. You can talk to the right people and manipulate them to make everything easier, go straight to the point by engaging enemies in combat, silently take them out one by one, or evade them completely. To help make things a little easier, there are many different upgrades available for you and your weapons, and you'll want them. As you advance through the game, you'll not only face more difficult missions with increasingly numbers of stronger enemies, but also boss battles. These boss battles can be frustrating, and they feel terribly out of place. Unlike the rest of the game, there is no freedom here. All you can do is grab the best weapons you've got, shoot, and run.

Overall, this is a great, memorable game, and no boss battle can change that.

Good Points: Variety, beautiful game world, great characters
    Bad Points: Boss battles
  90. Jul 28, 2014
    Beautiful, terrifying, tragic and delicately human.
    Eidos had something to teach and tell us, a warning, and Deus Ex HR did it perfectly. A must have title and experience.
    Beautiful, terrifying, tragic and delicately human.

One of the greatest experiences in the history of virtual entertainment. It raises questions about our race, individuals and business that I think we all need to ask ourselves as we plummet into the 21st century - and it does it's predecessors proud. I don't think any fan of the original Deus Ex can complain about Human Revolution - it is a wonderful game.

I never rate anything with a 10, but I couldnt find a reason not to with Deus Ex HR. As for the 0 rating a few weeks before mine - the only people that would not appreciate the sheer brilliance of this game are mindless drones with no heart, Deus Ex Human Revolution is an evocative and touching rollercoaster ride of emotion.
  91. Jul 18, 2014
    This game is excellent. However, you do have to muscle through the early stages, which might make you doubt your purchase. Keep at it, because the game quickly turns a corner into greatness.

As with many PC games, you'll see complaints about some ugly graphics that were outdated even in the year of the game's release, and they're not wrong. The sky boxes are almost fascinatingly ugly, with extremely low resolution and low colour textures smeared across the heavens like the dawn of Minecraft. Some models show clear signs of being animated by some kind of b-team, and make jerky movements like mannequins. However, as with so many games, your brain quickly accepts this initially odd world and works around it.

What matters is the game itself, and it's a treat for stealth fans, especially if you buy the Director's Cut with the extra missions. It also handles shooting well, and the upgrades to Adam's cybernetic form are good bait to ensure that you willingly stay in character and work as a good-guy detective. There are opportunities to think creatively and feel like you did the right thing, with a little extra planning and effort.

At first I thought I'd just be following along with Adam's story, thinking it would be impossible to empathise with his rather unpleasant surface facets, but by the end I'd become a lot more invested in the outcome. It stayed with me for a long time afterwards, and I'll look forward to a sequel. Otherwise, I'll happily play DE:HR again one day.
  92. Apr 8, 2015
    I loved the original Deus Ex back in the day, so I was looking forward to playing this game. And I have to say that the new game did not disappoint. Everything you'd want from a Deus Ex game can be found here. An interesting story, cities to explore, augmentations, side quests, multiple branching paths offering you more possibilities in order to deal with various situations, as well asI loved the original Deus Ex back in the day, so I was looking forward to playing this game. And I have to say that the new game did not disappoint. Everything you'd want from a Deus Ex game can be found here. An interesting story, cities to explore, augmentations, side quests, multiple branching paths offering you more possibilities in order to deal with various situations, as well as the traditional mix of stealth, action and RPG elements.

Superb level design, great story and characters, very good stealth system (you can "stick" to barriers and move between them unnoticed) are also not missing. In general, I had a feeling that you get more EXP for choosing the stealth route, so that's what I did and I had loads of fun with this game. It can, however, be also played in an action manner and I believe that you will not be disappointed either.

The augmentations range from hacking (which in itself is a fun little mini game that makes it actually interesting to hack into things), stealth abilities, conversational upgrade to e. g. having a bomb-like attack. So, a variety is definitely present and most of the abilities are useful enough so that you want to try them out.

So, why didn't this game receive a 10 from me? For two reasons in particular:
    - The bosses in this game force you to kill them and if you focus on a stealth character, it makes the boss fight very hard, as you have to first gather equipment and ammo while avoiding the boss attacks. Because non-upgraded weapons are sort of weak, you will spend a lot of time frustratingly trying to kill certain bosses.
    Note that this was fixed in the Director's Cut version, where you have the option to beat bosses by hacking, using stealth etc.

- The ending does not take into account the decisions you've made during the game and you get to choose at the absolute end of the game which is in my opinion a bad decision.
  93. Oct 22, 2014
    Played this game at least 6 times to date. Visuals are stunning, the music really creates a sense of atmosphere and gameplay is polished. One of the best games of it's generation.
  94. Aug 26, 2015
    As a huge fan of the original I approached this version of Deus Ex the same way that I had with Invisible war.... this is not made by Ion Storm and it cannot live up to the legend. Suffice to say I was not far from the truth. This game is nowhere near the original when it comes to the sheer scale of the story and gameplay but .... and that is a BIG BUT: THIS GAME IS GREAT.

Let me start

Let me start at the beginning. DEHR is a console port that had issues to begin with. It suffered from the Splinter Cell / Hitman fanboy influence but fortunately the guys in Montreal kept that to a minimum and gave us a solid game worthy of the Deus Ex name. The combat is a bit clunky and the sneaking could use a few touches here and there when it comes to sound detection.... yeah I could knock over a barrel and the guards would not even turn around. And the items are a bit ordinary. In the first DE you got this feeling of urgency where everyone is ill and terrorists threaten the survival of ... well everyone. HR however keeps things personal to the point where you are chasing your "EX-Girlfriends" killers. That didn't really help me get pulled in.... never liked that princess saving story line in mario so I don't see why it should be in DEHR.
    All that aside I had a tone of fun playing it and I don't see why anyone else would not. Things to note, long loading times, drops in frame rate in the vanilla version, low textures, clunky controls and that 3rd person cover mechanic does not belong in DEHR.
    The good parts: Lots of exploration, sneaking and stunning, lots of different approaches to the same situation and a good play time of 28 hours.

If you like your games immersive and romantic then this is your kind of game. It loves itself and the care the developers took to make it shows. If you are a cold heart-ed gun shooting, soldier loving gamer then this is not your bag.

Refer to Deus EX and Deus EX Invisible War.
    JC Denton lives forever.
  95. May 27, 2016
    Che cosa rimane di Deus Ex HR una volta finito? Innanzitutto la sensazione che dà il PROGETTARE l'attraversamento di un ambiente: lo studio del percorso dei nemici, dei tempi che intercorrono tra quando il soldato di sentinella comincia a camminare, si volta per guardarsi indietro, e si rigira per fare qualche altro passo. L'adrenalina nell'aprire il portello del condotto ed infilarsiChe cosa rimane di Deus Ex HR una volta finito? Innanzitutto la sensazione che dà il PROGETTARE l'attraversamento di un ambiente: lo studio del percorso dei nemici, dei tempi che intercorrono tra quando il soldato di sentinella comincia a camminare, si volta per guardarsi indietro, e si rigira per fare qualche altro passo. L'adrenalina nell'aprire il portello del condotto ed infilarsi all'interno un istante prima di essere avvistato. La soddisfazione nell'eseguire un doppio atterramento non letale, dopo essere riuscito a strisciare, non visto, in mezzo a due guardie. La consapevolezza di aver intrapreso, ancora una volta, il percorso secondario, di aver attraversato la finestra sul retro, di aver scelto la strada meno ovvia. Bisogna notare, comunque, che alle volte queste sensazioni sono solo illusorie (ovvero, le strade secondarie sono messe lì per essere trovate e sfruttate). Perchè Deus Ex HR NON si merita un 10, o un 9? Per via di un insieme di scenari, soprattutto nella prima metà di gioco, ripetitivi (uffici, scrivanie, computer), non aiutati da una scelta dei colori che uniforma gli ambienti anche nei casi in cui ci si spinge in vicoli suburbani o perfino in fognature, o piattaforme in mezzo all'oceano. Anche il gameplay non è vicino alla perfezione, in particolare lo shooting (seppure sia secondario, data la natura del gioco che predilige evitare uno scontro piuttosto che vincerlo). Non ispirati alcuni dialoghi, probabilmente indeboliti dal doppiaggio in italiano (avrei dovuto giocarlo in lingua originale, con sottotitoli). Resta comunque un grande gioco, un buon RPG,ed uno dei migliori stealth a cui abbia giocato. Expand
  96. Sep 5, 2011
    I remember the original two games well, and this does have much the same feeling although on a smaller scale (due to the mainly indoors action) and it plays like "Splinter Cell Conviction" with bionic tweaks, which is no bad thing. Boss fights are a bit crappy as they don't fit in with the stealth gameplay. Graphically... well for DX11 I would expect far higher levels of texturing andI remember the original two games well, and this does have much the same feeling although on a smaller scale (due to the mainly indoors action) and it plays like "Splinter Cell Conviction" with bionic tweaks, which is no bad thing. Boss fights are a bit crappy as they don't fit in with the stealth gameplay. Graphically... well for DX11 I would expect far higher levels of texturing and models, but in places it shows up some dire examples compared to main characters renders, which usually look pretty throughout. The bio mods are quite good and seem to fit in well, the array of weapons is a bit naff but you don't really need more than a couple to get through 99% of the game, the worst weapons are certainly the experimental PEP gun and Sniper rifle... which border on useless because the PEP is less effective than the stun pistol and takes up far more space and less availalbe ammo, and the sniper rifle is completely out of place in a game with small confined levels. There's a few gameplay glitches regarding the cover system which can get on your nerves... the main one being that you can not blind shoot if the enemy is practically side on even though you can aim at them directly...stupid!!!!

Overall the story is good, although levels are smaller than original games they do feel true to the series, graphics while limited by console porting have been slightly improved with Dx11 effects and should run with very high frame rates even on a modest PC.

I give this 90%, would have scored higher if designed for PC first then stripped down to fit on consoles.
  97. Sep 3, 2011
    I have mixed feelings for this game. The best thing about HR is the atmosphere. The world feels vivd and I was fully immersed very quickly. Graphical design is very good and the music is fantastic. The german voice acting is phenomenal. The game feels very polished and the production values are really impressive.

The characters feel very intreresting from the moment you see them, but

The characters feel very intreresting from the moment you see them, but unfortunately many dont really develop thoughout the game. You get to know them only on the surface. Some immediately seem very interesting but are only statists after all. This feels unsatisfying and I would have liked to know more about them.

Also, I didnt like the story so much. Although the setting is fascinating, the embedded story feels thin and the pacing is awkward. It doesnt do justice to the great atmotphere of the game. I would have liked more different quests to connect more to the world.
    And while the cities are incredibly well done and rich in detail. The other areas feel a bit bland and monotonous in comparison.
    I would rate this game between 8 and 9.
  98. Nov 3, 2011
    Game of 2011 for me, gameplay was amazing, the whole thing is so dynamic i love having the choice of going guns blazing or sneaking. Graphics were good too. The storyline could have been a little better but i still enjoyed it and the bosses were far too easy even on a harder level, hence the 9.
  99. Sep 5, 2011
    I am having a lot of fun with this game. It admittedly has some flaws (stuttering framerate on a decent PC, janky AI, and boring weapon selection), but the gameplay makes up for it. It's a blast trying to get in and out of an enemy base without being seen, or trying not to kill anybody. I think it keeps the feel of deus ex. If this game sounds fun to you, give it a try. You won't be disappointed.
  100. Jul 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not a fan of stealth games. That said, I have to say that I enjoyed Deus Ex. The game mechanisms were very well done for this type of game. The difficulty was OK: it was challenging but not frustrating, perhaps apart from the boss fights, all of which were under a minute if you followed the same routine (buff up, a couple of grenades, finish of with a round of headshots).

Another negative thing was the way the game progressed. Towards the end it got monotonous. Go to this place, hack this, hide here, hack hack, hide, perform a take down, etc. Perhaps it didn't make me quite playing, but i started using the automatic unlock kits instead of hacking, and instead of sitting quiet and observing the beat of the guards i preferred to bring a hacked turret with me so it could do the work.

I didn't follow the promotional campaign before the games release, i didn't read the novel nor the comic book, so perhaps i missed out on something, but i didn't get why would people protest against augmentations. The player just doesn't know. It if because augmentations give an unfair advantage to some? Well, so do cars. And, like augmentations, not everybody can afford them, and they are tied to certain permanent costs (gasoline, hello?). Yeah, I get that getting rid of a car is much easier than an implant, but nonetheless. And what about the claims against science and technology in general? It just seemed to me like flimsy at best. I believe that it would have been more interesting if they had done this in a way that would tear the player into a choice of a lesser evil. Here, we have corporate greed vs. sheer technophobia, because that's how I see all these arguments that people should evolve without the help of technology. Fine, go back to your caves, without these degenerating technological advancements such as the alphabet, medicine or refrigerators. That said, the endings were weak for the same reasons. The choices between embrace the ideas of a morally dubious member of a world-wide conspiracy and unlimited power for corporations are both as bad. Perhaps it would have been better to leave the moral dilemmas out of the game?

Well, maybe the positive: graphics were OK, though kinda outdated. The cities, however, were fantastically designed. Sound was great, as was the voice acting, apart from the lead actor. This is not a jab at the actor, but rather at the convention of these gruff low voices (think Bale's batman growl), which is irritating, because, well... people just don't talk like that. Even people with low and gruff voices don't talk like that, with the possible exception of a dehydrated Tom Waits.

Despite rambling so long about the negative sides of the game, i actually is decent, though not without its flaws. However, its worth the time.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 30, 2011
    There are only a few games this year we suggest to 16-yrs old gamers and their fathers together. Human Revolution for sure is a Game of the Year nominee. [Oct 2011]
    So despite the odds being stacked against it, Eidos Montreal accomplished the impossible and brought us a Deus Ex in the true sense of the word, probably the best one that we could have hoped for considering the current "requirements" for being commercially successful nowadays.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 10, 2011
    A worthy successor to one of the greatest games ever. It offers a lot of choice on many levels and feels like an RPG from years past - in a very good way. One of the best, if not the best game of 2011. [Oct 2011]