8.4

1. Dec 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just thought I'd add my 50 bob's worth and....... pow!! Firstly did they use Thunderbirds for the character's motion capture that was poor. Next .. what is with Jensen's voice, it was just so ..... ...... ..... boring, flat, one tone and just simply no emotion. Also considering the fact he just lost the love of his life yeh think the designers may have added something along the lines of a sad face :( . I ended up spacing through about 30% of the game because of the flat line dialogue and ruined what could have been a more imersive experience..that's my moan out of the way. Game play I have to admit was fun simply put. Storyline was interesting(Illuminati, whats not to like), but I felt it was a little stretched out chucking in the side quests and some pointless and predictive exploration to elongate an obvious short storyline.. just felt like there were some things missing. Graphics interior and exterior were nice and clear, though a little to sharp, could have softened and rounded some edges. Expand
  2. Dec 16, 2014
    A generous 7/10.

I am about half-way through. I got the second boss anyway and there are four. Not happy with it. It's playable OK. The plot so far works and I expect it to stay that way. I like the characters too, and I want to see the main guy finish the job. Much is not right though. I don't like the colour tint on everything. The only word to describe the graphics is flat,
    A generous 7/10.

I am about half-way through. I got the second boss anyway and there are four.

Much is not right though. I don't like the colour tint on everything. The only word to describe the graphics is flat, (excluding cut-scenes). The sound and the feel of the guns is not AAA, it's B grade. My biggest complaint though is, it's so slow. Sometimes you are just plodding around and nothing is getting done. Then it moves along a little, and you get that PC game rush. Not over-whelming or brilliant; just oh that moves along, that was almost ok, this is nearly good. Followed by another two hours of nothing really happening.

I have played twenty hours logged on Steam. I bet this game has my highest number of time starting it up, because I do ten minutes get bored and close down. Later do another twenty, get bored, close down. Once I sat for quite a long session with it, but mostly I have to do it in bits. I have started and finished other games while I have been playing DE:HR. I have bought, and played twice The Evil Within while playing this.

Probably my equal biggest gripe though, is getting lost. The maps are quite big. They are often in two halves and linked by a loading screen. You'll get a task, struggle like hell to find and get to it even with a waypoint. Then you'll struggle unbelievably to get back to base. Only to get another task and sent back again. Finding it second time is just as confusing.

Hacking, always hacking. Last mission I must have hacked seventy terminals. It's not really entertainment. If I had more sense I would give up. I have Alien Isolation downloaded and waiting. I have the new Wolfenstein. Eight new games waiting for me. Only I want to get unfinished games out of the way first.

Really 64%. Bear in mind when I complain it's slow, I like Tom Clancy stuff, so I like stealth. DE:HR just chuggs.
  3. Dec 8, 2014
    I remember one of the most fun moments this game gave me; hacking a gun turret and allowing me to pick up that gun turrent and carry it throughout the level with that thing shooting everything that was hostile around me. It was crazy fun. I won't repeat most of the good things that have already been said but suffice to say, this an experience to remember. A game that lets you go through itI remember one of the most fun moments this game gave me; hacking a gun turret and allowing me to pick up that gun turrent and carry it throughout the level with that thing shooting everything that was hostile around me. It was crazy fun. I won't repeat most of the good things that have already been said but suffice to say, this an experience to remember. A game that lets you go through it in so many ways, trying them all becomes an obsession. This game also has brilliant writing, dialogue and story. Talking without thought to characters can deny you access to so many things permanently and fail missions or just cause funny problems. What can I say, after so many years, a worthy successor at last! Expand
  4. Dec 1, 2014
    As someone who thoroughly enjoyed and completed the original Deus Ex back in 2000, this one was definitely a must. I had bought the first release of Deus Ex: HR (DEHR) and the DLC, but didn't have the time to play it. When they released the Director's Cut which contained the DLC, improvements and fixes, I upgraded and am finally playing this.

It's an absolutely superb game. It's one of

It's an absolutely superb game. It's one of those rare occasions, where they did the original game justice, didn't dumb it down, but rather improved on the gameplay and graphics given the 13 years or so in between. The story is intriguing, and it is definitely one of those games that will suck you in and will keep things interesting. For instance, I absolutely do not mind revisiting a location, or combing every inch just to not miss a particular gadget, credit chip or other goodies. There are also a ton of different paths and even if the game tells you this, I will reiterate it again at this point: Think out of the box! The most direct path rarely works best. Not because you can't use it, but because it is usually the most difficult way.

An all-out assault will only do one thing: Antagonize entire factions and make you literally hide at every turn. It is far more fun to use the stealth approach and leave a location without so much as having raised any suspicion. You will also get the opportunity to augment your character with all kinds of bio-synthetic technology. Word of advice: Improving the hacking and cloaking abilities will make your life a lot easier throughout the game!

DEHR perfectly combines RPG and FPS elements, requires you to think while solving certain (security) puzzles, and there are choices to make that can affect the outcome of a situation and/or the potential reward. And, again, do look around. If you cannot get past a hack, somewhere there will be a PDA containing the code.

A brief note also on performance issues; I had them, too. It's not so much a frame rate drop, than a stutter, as if your computer is trying to load more data. Since there are no texture pop-ins, it's not a performance issue as such though. There are guides with a number of registry fixes which seem to have worked for some people, but not for me. My solution was to run the game at my monitor's native resolution. I found by chance that the game was auto set to 1920x1080 which is fine, except my screen's native resolution is 2048x1152. Once set to that, even on all settings maxed out, no more stuttering.

So, in conclusion, even if you do not know the original Deus Ex (I would strongly recommend you play it just for the sake of having played one of the best games of all time, despite the somewhat dated looks), this game is worth it. You are given a mission, how you approach it, is your call. If you want to go in with weapons blazing (providing your have the ammo for it), do so, if you want to go stealth, do that. Combine both approaches, sure. Trust me, it's going to be a great and memorable journey.

For me, personally, it sits right up there with the likes of Mass Effect and Splinter Cell. Truly epic.
  5. Nov 12, 2014
    Ahhhh yesss. Now that's the game I love. Cyberpunk climate where you can almost smell the street itself. Great character progression and very interesting plot that keeps your attention for the whole game. There was not a single moment where I could feel like being bored by the game progression. Combat is versatile. You can either go and deal with everything rambo style or you can do itAhhhh yesss. Now that's the game I love. Cyberpunk climate where you can almost smell the street itself. Great character progression and very interesting plot that keeps your attention for the whole game. There was not a single moment where I could feel like being bored by the game progression. Combat is versatile. You can either go and deal with everything rambo style or you can do it silently or even diplomatically or even by making up a smart intrigue. You really will never get bored in this aspect of the game. What is more the dialogue options are very well done and are juast as versatile as combat it. Graphics is good and music fits in perfectly. Also the game is very well optimized.

I have just a one element that felt a bit weird - a bit like out of the game and that is boss fight. What makes it weird is the fact that if you make your character progression in other way then you might have VERY SERIOUS problems beating the boss.

Overall that is the kind of game I like and I hope for another sequel in the franchise.
  6. Oct 29, 2014
    I'm a big fan of the Deus Ex games, the first one is a masterpiece, the second one was enjoyable, both had great atmosphere. But this one is missing something. It seems to have strayed away from that classic Deus Ex atmosphere. I stopped playing it half way through and continued with it months later.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, they are some very enjoyable areas and the game is very polished, excellent graphics, but I found some areas and missions to be a bit stale, the locations and layout and characters are not quite up to par with the previous games. The first few levels were the better ones.

But that is just my opinion, it's still a decent game never the less.
    If you are a fan of Deus Ex it's worth a look.

7. Oct 23, 2014
    Master mother ****ing piece. So much is done right in this game its really hard to nail one any one thing that I love the most about it. The music, the gameplay the story every thing just shines bright as hell!
  8. Oct 22, 2014
    Played this game at least 6 times to date. Visuals are stunning, the music really creates a sense of atmosphere and gameplay is polished. One of the best games of it's generation.
  9. Oct 15, 2014
    This is simply one of the best single player games I'v ever played. You like sneaking around the guards? You'll love this. You like marking in and murdering everyone? You'll love this. You like collecting clues and solving puzzles? You'll love this. You like coming back and discovering new solutions to the same scenario on your second play through? You'll love this. It is great. 10/10
  10. Oct 13, 2014
    An awesome game which is a blast to play. The only thing that I dislike are the super hard boss fights, which cannot be avoided and must be resolved with brute force even though you want to focus on stealth. I never carried any good weapons around and the bosses were a real chore to get through, especially the first one and the meat guy in the museum.
  11. Oct 5, 2014
    People ask me why I hate paying for games. This game is why.

This game is an endless source of frustration. Spend minutes scoping out the guards and lining up perfect shots and what do you get? A bullet hole in the cover instead of a dead or knocked out guard. This ridiculously serious design flaw makes the game unplayable. The fact that this game is getting good reviews shows just
    People ask me why I hate paying for games. This game is why.

This ridiculously serious design flaw makes the game unplayable. The fact that this game is getting good reviews shows just how stupid the average gamer is, not proof that it is a good game.
  12. Sep 28, 2014
    Good game, but there are some bad things.. AI is so stupid, handgun is more precise than sniper, good weapons arrive when the game is almost over. Many unskippable scenes...
  13. Sep 12, 2014
    good fun game with many different ways to play it. plot and dialogue are decent and voice-acting while not spectacular is better than many other games out there. the stealth elements are fun and challenging and while it is possible to play as a pure run and gun fps, the game does 'punish' you a little for that (you generally get less points for outright kills than stealth kills andgood fun game with many different ways to play it. plot and dialogue are decent and voice-acting while not spectacular is better than many other games out there. the stealth elements are fun and challenging and while it is possible to play as a pure run and gun fps, the game does 'punish' you a little for that (you generally get less points for outright kills than stealth kills and knockouts). the augmentations are fun and mostly relevant and the skill progression and planning a build is fun. generally a good game which should be picked up when it goes on sale. Expand
  14. Sep 10, 2014
    Deus ex human revolution had me grinning ear to ear the whole way through. I loved the feeling of being a badass but at the same time while I was a killer cyborg with many different toys I still felt like a normal man who can be taken down by someone with a gun or a pack of punks. This is my favorite stealth game of all time. While I did not like the way that taking the good guy route wasDeus ex human revolution had me grinning ear to ear the whole way through. I loved the feeling of being a badass but at the same time while I was a killer cyborg with many different toys I still felt like a normal man who can be taken down by someone with a gun or a pack of punks. This is my favorite stealth game of all time. While I did not like the way that taking the good guy route was actually easier as I felt that being evil in various situations such as killing guys with my blades would be faster and easier. But it punished me if I did whip my blades out and it is much faster just to tap on a guys shoulder and deck him in the face rather than bringing out my cyberware. Overall amazing game and is a must buy for RPGs fans and stealth fans alike. Expand
  15. Sep 8, 2014
    Deus Ex does so many things so well, but I don't think I can say that it does any one thing excellently. The gameplay design is great: yes, you have the choice to be a hacker, a fighter, a negotiator, etc., which is awesome, but they don't make all of the routes seem enjoyable. For example, I put a decent number of points into my hacking skills, which certainly opened a few doors (literalDeus Ex does so many things so well, but I don't think I can say that it does any one thing excellently. The gameplay design is great: yes, you have the choice to be a hacker, a fighter, a negotiator, etc., which is awesome, but they don't make all of the routes seem enjoyable. For example, I put a decent number of points into my hacking skills, which certainly opened a few doors (literal and figurative) for me here and there, but I found myself wishing I had chosen a route that didn't involve so much of a simple minigame. Hacking my way to victory by being able to play a little game started sounding pretty boring, so I finished up the game by shooting my way through more and more situations.

Another example: the storyline. The ideas and themes here rival any science fiction literature or film that I've ever seen, but I found that I was slightly disappointed by the level to which they were developed. The story is good, but it could have been excellent.

Even though the game has its weaknesses, I ended up enjoying this game far more than I had expected. I found the stealth to be very enjoyable, even though I've never liked stealth-based games before. I recommend this game to sci-fi buffs and hardcore gamers alike.
  16. Aug 28, 2014
    A very good game. The gameplay is very good and stays true to the original's. The story may not be as deep as the first game but this is still worth getting definitely.
  17. Aug 23, 2014
    Well Deus ex: human revolution on pc, great game. I really go for stories with my games and deus ex does well. Great flow and leveling system, one thing is stores sell really **** things you pretty much find yourself buy only proxy kits at stores. Great music too btw I really liked the soundtrack even downloaded it. I want to note this game is pretty much as stealth only game, you canWell Deus ex: human revolution on pc, great game. I really go for stories with my games and deus ex does well. Great flow and leveling system, one thing is stores sell really **** things you pretty much find yourself buy only proxy kits at stores. Great music too btw I really liked the soundtrack even downloaded it. I want to note this game is pretty much as stealth only game, you can run and gun but the difficulty being as hard as it is (a good thing I like hard games, even played on hardest setting) pretty much makes you play stealth and silent. Now a bad thing that really gets this game to drop in rating, not only is the combat just okay but the game can be PAINFULLY boring at some point. The beginning is good, but parts of the middle (a good 7 hours) I couldn't even stay awake it was boring as **** That being said the length of this game is great, its around 40 hours (i completed it in 39.) and for the price (19$ on steam) I almost feel bad paying so low. Also should not people that love realistic future this is a must buy for those people.

In the end im glad I played this game and could see myself doing another playthrough a few months down the line.
  18. Aug 16, 2014
    what can i say, another average game milking prior success. don't bother playing unless your a fan of mediocrity. I do not know how this game has so many good reviews.
  19. Aug 7, 2014
    Awesome stealth action RPG, with a very smart, well written and interesting story. The game has a great art style and near future aesthetic, but the graphics are disappointing even by the standards of 2011.
  20. Aug 5, 2014
    As a die-hard fan of Deus Ex, considering it the best game of all time, I was more than worried what will they do with this and how will they tarnish the Deus Ex name, but I'm extremely relieved that this is really good. Of course it's not that level of ultimate masterpiece that the original Deus Ex was back in 2000, but considering this day and age and how games tend to be, HumanAs a die-hard fan of Deus Ex, considering it the best game of all time, I was more than worried what will they do with this and how will they tarnish the Deus Ex name, but I'm extremely relieved that this is really good. Of course it's not that level of ultimate masterpiece that the original Deus Ex was back in 2000, but considering this day and age and how games tend to be, Human Revolution is a fantastic game. There is still a great deal of cyber atmosphere here, even the music is pretty good, I liked the story and even the gameplay. I must admit that I probably enjoyed Human Revolution more than the Invisible War. It's no match for the original Deus Ex, nothing is and nothing ever will probably, but this is liekly as good as it gets. One point down for those terrible terrible boss fights. 9/10 Expand
  21. Aug 2, 2014
    After watching the original Human Revolution E3 trailer at least 40 times, in some ways the game fell short of the imaginations that trailer invoked. But falling short still left an extremely polished game. For all its options, the gameplay usually feels linear and controlled, though for a story-driven game that is understandable. The story is spectacular, though it sets such a highAfter watching the original Human Revolution E3 trailer at least 40 times, in some ways the game fell short of the imaginations that trailer invoked. But falling short still left an extremely polished game. For all its options, the gameplay usually feels linear and controlled, though for a story-driven game that is understandable. The story is spectacular, though it sets such a high bar for itself that when it occasionally dips to normal quality it feels a little disappointing. The boss fights felt a little contrived and forced into the storyline. Human Revolution has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. The music, story, and visuals form one of the most unforgettable.ambiances I've experienced in a game. Some people are criticizing the stealth, role playing, and action elements. Yet the cited "superior" examples are usually games that focus on just one of those three elements and contain less story. The success of Human Revolution is in seamlessly merging all of those elements together. Expand
  22. Jul 28, 2014
    Beautiful, terrifying, tragic and delicately human.
    Eidos had something to teach and tell us, a warning, and Deus Ex HR did it perfectly. A must have title and experience.
    Beautiful, terrifying, tragic and delicately human.

One of the greatest experiences in the history of virtual entertainment. It raises questions about our race, individuals and business that I think we all need to ask ourselves as we plummet into the 21st century - and it does it's predecessors proud. I don't think any fan of the original Deus Ex can complain about Human Revolution - it is a wonderful game.

I never rate anything with a 10, but I couldnt find a reason not to with Deus Ex HR. As for the 0 rating a few weeks before mine - the only people that would not appreciate the sheer brilliance of this game are mindless drones with no heart, Deus Ex Human Revolution is an evocative and touching rollercoaster ride of emotion.
  23. Jul 21, 2014
    Think Deus ex with modern graphics, but with a more streamlined gameplay, RPG & customisation options than the original its still worthy successor to the masterpiece original and a worthy addition to the Deus Ex series and for those who been fiending for Deus Ex this is a great fix.
  24. Jul 18, 2014
    This game is excellent. However, you do have to muscle through the early stages, which might make you doubt your purchase. Keep at it, because the game quickly turns a corner into greatness.

As with many PC games, you'll see complaints about some ugly graphics that were outdated even in the year of the game's release, and they're not wrong. The sky boxes are almost fascinatingly ugly, with extremely low resolution and low colour textures smeared across the heavens like the dawn of Minecraft. Some models show clear signs of being animated by some kind of b-team, and make jerky movements like mannequins. However, as with so many games, your brain quickly accepts this initially odd world and works around it.

What matters is the game itself, and it's a treat for stealth fans, especially if you buy the Director's Cut with the extra missions. It also handles shooting well, and the upgrades to Adam's cybernetic form are good bait to ensure that you willingly stay in character and work as a good-guy detective. There are opportunities to think creatively and feel like you did the right thing, with a little extra planning and effort.

At first I thought I'd just be following along with Adam's story, thinking it would be impossible to empathise with his rather unpleasant surface facets, but by the end I'd become a lot more invested in the outcome. It stayed with me for a long time afterwards, and I'll look forward to a sequel. Otherwise, I'll happily play DE:HR again one day.
  25. Jul 15, 2014
    I say, without any form of exaggeration, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is easily the worst video game I have ever played. I have played MANY bad games, some of which can scarcely be called "games", in my life, but every game I have played in my life, even those I have hated, have one thing in common that Human Revolution lacks: None of these games have caused me actual physical pain throughI say, without any form of exaggeration, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is easily the worst video game I have ever played. I have played MANY bad games, some of which can scarcely be called "games", in my life, but every game I have played in my life, even those I have hated, have one thing in common that Human Revolution lacks: None of these games have caused me actual physical pain through their game design as Human Revolution has.

The game's art designer made decision to wash the entire game in a monochromatic "piss" yellow filter to cover his poor art assets and self inserting his own face onto the main character. This filter forces my eyes to attempt to separate yellow (a color that on its own is harsh on the human eye) from a slightly different yellow, a very stressful and irritating process that makes the game unplayable for me. How this was never realized during testing and before release is beyond me.

Even the mods that "fix" this problem do little more than make the harsh lighting white, not yellow. While white lighting is much less annoying than yellow is, attempting to seperate objects in the truly monochromatic environment (what is called "monochromatic" tends to have two colors, white and black, that contrast nicely and easily let you see objects, and greyscale even lets you make out detail in items)

I STRONGLY recommend against paying for this game, or playing it even if you don't have to pay for it. The physical pain aspect means that I could not even accept playing it even if I were payed to do so. This game should NEVER have been released in the state it was, and to actually charge money to fix this problem, as the developers have done, is just disgusting.
  26. Jul 12, 2014
    The whole "you can choose not to be lethal thing," let's just call it what it is. It's the developers being too lazy to come up with convincing bad guys with convincing motivation that the player will actually want to shoot. So instead it tries to guilt-trip you for killing a virtual video game person, and tries to use that guilt to convince you that you owe it something, and thus shouldThe whole "you can choose not to be lethal thing," let's just call it what it is. It's the developers being too lazy to come up with convincing bad guys with convincing motivation that the player will actually want to shoot. So instead it tries to guilt-trip you for killing a virtual video game person, and tries to use that guilt to convince you that you owe it something, and thus should keep playing and give it a good review. That's prettymuch the entire game

The persuasion sequences, while I'm a fan of them in theory, I didn't like their implementation in this game. The characters all act like whiny teenage drama queens and bear no resemblance to real people.

Overall, a game shouldn't try to make up for being mediocre by being smooth and easy to play. I don't like games because they're smooth and easy to get through, I like them because they're fun and interesting. When a game is genuinely fun and interesting, it doesn't have to be all that smooth and user-friendly just to get you to continue playing. That shouldn't be your main motivation or even your secondary or tertiary motivation, and it's certainly nothing for a game to be proud of. The meat is in the content, and Deus Ex is lacking
  27. Jun 27, 2014
    Wow, what a game. Better plot/story than 95% of sci-fi movies. SCORE 92/100.

Gripping and realistic story to the end, extremely immersive gameplay and RPG progression. MANY different ways to complete each micro and macro objective, from true ghost to stealthy assassin to rambo. The game rewards exploration and different styles well. You will forget many movies and TV shows years from
    Wow, what a game. Better plot/story than 95% of sci-fi movies. SCORE 92/100.

You will forget many movies and TV shows years from now, but you won't forget the story here, especially if much of it becomes true.
  28. Jun 15, 2014
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution brings back the franchise, a true Deus Ex game. Square Enix did a really good job, well, almost everything: Amazing story with unexpected endings, great stealth and RPG gameplay, outstanding graphic and great sounds. That's great, except for poor AI and unbelievable stupid boss fights.
  29. Jun 10, 2014
    having played all the others, DX: HR got me hooked from the UI, all the way to the end. It was a game needed for those who have sophisticated palate on games and the real world. In other words, it was also frustrating if you needed more out the game in general (on hacking and AI ) game seemed short compared to the vast choices within it. OVERALL its a game that has ingenuity and passes thehaving played all the others, DX: HR got me hooked from the UI, all the way to the end. It was a game needed for those who have sophisticated palate on games and the real world. In other words, it was also frustrating if you needed more out the game in general (on hacking and AI ) game seemed short compared to the vast choices within it. OVERALL its a game that has ingenuity and passes the low bar of COD like games of mindless shooting and not so accurate weaponry. Expand
  30. Jun 4, 2014
    This is one of the best stealth games that I have ever played it even beats Splinter Cell imo thanks to it's great storytelling and consistent shooting mechanics. It is also fun to play without focusing too much on stealth but the game is made for stealth because there are many hidden areas to discover using stealth methods and it is almost crucial in some moments stay hidden. The graphicsThis is one of the best stealth games that I have ever played it even beats Splinter Cell imo thanks to it's great storytelling and consistent shooting mechanics. It is also fun to play without focusing too much on stealth but the game is made for stealth because there are many hidden areas to discover using stealth methods and it is almost crucial in some moments stay hidden. The graphics and the level design is well designed imo and suits the future sci-fi setting of the game. I also like the features of upgrading augmentations which is very useful for better stealth or crucial for reaching hidden areas but also very important to have for boss fights. And also the music soundtrack was very enjoyable and it suited perfectly with the atmosphere of the game. I highly recommend this game and I really hope they make an remake with a sequel because the setting and story of this game is actually a prologue of the older games in Deus Ex franchise which is odd because you often have it in a chronological order but this game is actually the first in terms of setting but I hope they make a remake or something of the older games with better graphics, and hopefully more interesting features. Because this game needs to have a sequel. I highly recommend this game to all because it is a great game! Expand
  31. Jun 3, 2014
    The game is reminiscent of Mass Effect but not half as good. It was mostly aggravating. Always low on ammo and energy while the the bad guys had a never ending supply. Navigating the maps was a pain in the ass as well with their multi freaking levels. The developer could have taken a clue from Dead Space with some way of pointing out the correct direction. I spent 20 minutes at oneThe game is reminiscent of Mass Effect but not half as good. It was mostly aggravating. Always low on ammo and energy while the the bad guys had a never ending supply. Navigating the maps was a pain in the ass as well with their multi freaking levels. The developer could have taken a clue from Dead Space with some way of pointing out the correct direction. I spent 20 minutes at one point trying to locate my destination. I was above it and below it but never could find a way TOO it. At that point I deleted the damned game. It was beyond tedious traversing huge areas. Finally, the load times after being killed, and transitioning areas was beyond annoying. It took forever watching that circle go 'round and 'round and 'round. Wait for the bargain bin. Can't believe that there are so many positive reviews. Folks must be hard up for entertainment, only this game was barely entertaining. Expand
  32. May 31, 2014
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution

-To say I'm amazed by this game is a complete understatement. It combines a clever story that twists and turns at every corner with a Splinter Cell-like stealth system and to top it all of: Augmentations, the games very own unique selling point. -Deus Ex: HR follows the story of Adam Jensen, the Head of Security at Sarif Industries, one of the biggest
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution

-Deus Ex: HR follows the story of Adam Jensen, the Head of Security at Sarif Industries, one of the biggest BioTechnology companies in the world. Oh, and did I mention it's set in the future? No? Well you can look forward to seeing the beautiful futuristic cities of Montreal, Detroit, Singapore and Hengsha (Shanghai to some) try to deal with the ever-growing issue of an increasing population whilst a group of conspiracists plots the fall of augmentation companies like Sarif Industries.

-The unique RPG system allows the player to fine-tune Adam in order to suit your combat preferences. Do you prefer going in quite? Then upgrade Adam's cloak augmentation using Praxis Kits (pieces of software that can be bought, earned or found in game) or are you more of a fan of guerrilla warfare? So be it! Why not try using the Typhoon Explosive System augmentation, to say it can kill a few guards is being too kind.

-Another great thing that the developers, Eidos Montreal, have taken into account is replayability, because Deus Ex missions feature very broad maps with numerous entrance and exit points it allows the player a lot of choice. Meaning, no two playthroughs are the same.

Graphics: 8-10
    Jaw-dropping graphics for 2011. The yellowish-black colour scheme adds to the games adrenalin fuelled atmosphere.

Creativity: 10/10
    As I said before, the game allows the player to tweak Adam to meet their demands as well as providing multiple options to complete each mission. Very few games I know do this.

New user friendly: 7/10
    Don't really have an opinion on this but the game did make it hard for me during my first playthrough but all it takes is a but of clever thinking.

Replayability: 10/10
    No two playthroughs are the same. Simple as that.

Overall Score: 8.2/10
    An absolute masterpiece. One of my favourite games ever.

TSarcher.
  33. May 18, 2014
    Excellent stealth, there are plenty of ways to achieve an objective in each mission, a decent number of side missions, but there a some problems like sub-par graphics (especially facial animation) and the boss fights which puts to waste any stealth augmentations that you purchased with praxis points(if you played stealthily)(stealth is generally the easier way to go in missions on theExcellent stealth, there are plenty of ways to achieve an objective in each mission, a decent number of side missions, but there a some problems like sub-par graphics (especially facial animation) and the boss fights which puts to waste any stealth augmentations that you purchased with praxis points(if you played stealthily)(stealth is generally the easier way to go in missions on the harder difficulty modes) as it forces the player to a non-stealth play style and that coupled with the bosses being able to knock you out quite easily ruins the experience quite a bit, also the separate animation that plays out when you do a lethal or non lethal take down breaks the general flow of the game.
    You have a reasonable amount of freedom when it comes to conversations with NPC essential to the story line with some choices having major consequences on how you play out the mission making it enticing to play the game again and have things play out in a different way, which adds to awesome amount of freedom choice you already have with your play style(stealth assault or even a hybrid of the 2) and the freedom to choose the augmentations to suit your play style.
    Human revolution also has a really good plot even though at times it becomes unrealistic.
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an utterly enjoyable game regardless of the cons that i have mentioned as the freedom of choice presented in the game outweigh the cons and make it a total blast to play through
  34. May 7, 2014
    I almost never start a review like this, but .... Anyone that gave this game less than a 6 probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Its done lovingly and with deep respect for the original. Its not close to as good as the original, but its a great game both on its own merits and as a sequel. DX1 was a sublime moment in open-ended gameplay. Both as an individual title and for the

DX1 was a sublime moment in open-ended gameplay. Both as an individual title and for the entire industry. This follows in the same vein with unfortunate console limitations. Anyone that wants to truly understand the travesty that the console generation has caused, need only see the limits imposed on this game by the hardware architecture of the aging consoles.

It's atmospheric as hell and provides that suspension of disbelief that is required for a game like this to work. I STILL say everyone should play DX1 THEN play this. But, if you cannot tolerate older graphics or gameplay more complicated than something by Bioware, you should play this game.
  35. Apr 26, 2014
    Amazing game, would recommend it to anyone, easily one of the best RPG's you will ever play. The game is so multilateral in how you can approach something its astounding, you can go through the entire game without killing/harming a single person via stealth if you so choose, or you can kill each and every single person, or anything you can think of in between.

The story is extremely

The story is extremely engrossing and the melding of stealth/hacking/shooting/augments/cover all into one make it great, it also has a reasonable large choice of guns and a huge selection of upgrades for all of them, as well as the augment differences making it have large replay ability due to the different ways to approach tasks.
  36. Apr 22, 2014
    Deus Ex: HR is a fantastic game. I liked it much more than I thought I would.

Deus Ex: HR is a fantastic game. I liked it much more than I thought I would.

The story is pretty good except that they don’t do a good enough of selling the main conflict. I don’t see the big deal about being a cyborg. It certainly beats being dead, which is what the main character would be w/out augment technology. Also, all of the multiple endings fell flat for me. They are basically FMV stock footage with narration about what happened.

Everything else is spot on, though: graphics, music, voice acting, and especially gameplay. Some people criticize Deus Ex: HR b/c they think there are too many upgrades available and you can max out too many stats. I say those people need to get over themselves. If they’re so hardcore they can either not collect the upgrades (many of which are optional) or simply not apply them.

Games like this make me wonder how & why people are still playing Metal Gear Solid. This has actual, real stealth-based gameplay and figuring out ways to knock out or kill people and hide their bodies is part of the fun. Controls are tight and movement is fluid, unlike in MGS games. It’s hard for me to imagine anyone having a bad time playing this game.
  37. Mar 26, 2014
    Theirs a few games that mid way through the first 4 hours of play will utterly dazzle you with solid gameplay and story. It even fools you into an almost sandbox feel, seeing the many ways of handling each mission.
    I hate stealth games, it broke me into wanting to play stealth. For the first time i enjoyed stealth.
    Graphic 9
    gameplay 9
    story 9
  38. Feb 27, 2014

39. Feb 25, 2014
    One of my favorite games, incredible characters, world and cyberpunk atmosphere of the dark future. The endings are brilliant, because each time you are not sure which one you'll have to choose. I have completed it twice and I'm not sure that it's over) I guess, I'm gonna get Director's Cut for better Deus Ex experience. And yeah, I fell in love to Adam Jensen :33
  40. Feb 19, 2014
    The style and visuals of this game are absolutely amazing.
    But the multiple 'open' areas of the game fall short, since it's just corridors with some microscopical roads and cars with a skybox.
    The style and visuals of this game are absolutely amazing.

At the beginning, the stealth is really nice. Being able to take on situations differently. But there comes a moment where the amount of possible routes are over the top, and a lot of times, I ended up hacking a door which leads back to the street, or following a sewer that led me away from where I wanted to go.

In some parts of the game, they put you in a room with SOOO many guards, cameras and robots that it becomes funny. To the point where it's ironic if you were able to pass through it. In these moments you'll be forced a lot into combat. (unless you reload your save file 50 times over till you ace it) Where it's 1 vs 5-15 with a real limited amount of ammo.

>>>SPOILER AHEAD
  41. Jan 22, 2014
    Highest on my best games ever list. It has a bunch of minor issues as others pointed out, but the characters, the story telling and the multiple ways to solve problems are things rarely seen in any game ever. OTOH, if you like your story easy to grasp and your characters clear cut good or bad, this game is not for you.
  42. sft
    Jan 19, 2014
    A sneaky business

A sneaky business

It might be possible to run-and-gun your way through DEHR but to do so would be to miss the point of the game. DEHR is all about stealth, hacking, persuasion, and cautious combat. And it does all this very well. There’s also a fully realised story that has much more depth than most games. It’s also worth noting the soundtrack, which is very atmospheric throughout (and somewhat redolent of Blade Runner at times). The visuals are a mixed bag, however, with impressive environments but often disappointing character models and animation. And the colour palette is rather muted and bland. The worst aspect of the game, however, is the inventory, which is bafflingly annoying: it rather pointlessly forces you to shuffle things around in order to fit all the items in. I really don’t see the point of this as it adds nothing to the game. There is also no real variation in the environments visited during the game; it’s basically one urban landscape after another. These may seem like minor criticisms but when combined they were enough to dampen my enjoyment a little. But having said all that DEHR does what it sets out to do so well that I can forgive it’s few flaws.
  43. Jan 10, 2014
    Very close to perfection. This is, quite possibly, the best stealth action game, I have EVER PLAYED!!! It was worth sixty dollars. The game rewards you for doing things stealthily, all though it is not required. Several ways to play, multiple weapons, to choose from. Upgrading weapons and your character are good features. Combines rpg elements with shooter and stealth elements, flawlessly.Very close to perfection. This is, quite possibly, the best stealth action game, I have EVER PLAYED!!! It was worth sixty dollars. The game rewards you for doing things stealthily, all though it is not required. Several ways to play, multiple weapons, to choose from. Upgrading weapons and your character are good features. Combines rpg elements with shooter and stealth elements, flawlessly. The only reason it is not perfect is that the game worlds are a bit small and I feel the game could have been a lot longer with more side quests. Great game Expand
  44. Dec 29, 2013
    Truly a worthy adversary towards other futuristic themed video games. Deus Ex Human Revolution is a fine example of a well thought out game that takes advantage of the player's intelligence to pass through levels. The story is incredible immersive and complete with full dialogue for the full experience. Players are able to make decisions that will impact the environment while progressingTruly a worthy adversary towards other futuristic themed video games. Deus Ex Human Revolution is a fine example of a well thought out game that takes advantage of the player's intelligence to pass through levels. The story is incredible immersive and complete with full dialogue for the full experience. Players are able to make decisions that will impact the environment while progressing through the story. A fine example of an incredible game that will last for decades. Expand
  45. Dec 24, 2013
    This is truly a masterpiece.
    The RPG elements plus the different ways to approach a mission plus the graphics and gameplay make this game a superb experience.
    Highly Recommended
  46. Dec 16, 2013
    I didn't particularly care for this version of Deus Ex. I absolutely loved the first one and I even some what enjoyed the second, granted it was nowhere near the masterpiece the original was, I still found it enjoyable. However, Human Revolution, for me, is just plain boring and uninspired. The hacking aspect is annoying, weapons and abilities feel bland and uninspired and the voiceI didn't particularly care for this version of Deus Ex. I absolutely loved the first one and I even some what enjoyed the second, granted it was nowhere near the masterpiece the original was, I still found it enjoyable. However, Human Revolution, for me, is just plain boring and uninspired. The hacking aspect is annoying, weapons and abilities feel bland and uninspired and the voice acting, graphics and overall feel of the game are just lousy. I typically do not bash on a game for graphics if the core of the game is amazing..something this one is not.

I am only halfway through the game at this point and it's become a chore to even boot it up, there have been times I've stared at the load/continue screen for a moment and say to myself..forget it and close the game and play something else...it's just boring and I have no excitement or desire to play most times. I am fortunate I only paid $7.50 for it on Steam, if I had paid $50+ I would have been really peeved.
  47. Dec 16, 2013
    An extremely enjoyable and well polished fps with great skill sets and stealth options.
    Many ways you can play this as well as numerous side quests.

Well worth a look.
  48. Nov 27, 2013
    In Deus Ex Human Revolution you play as Adam Jensen, and must uncover the truth behind conspiracies and twists in a future Detroit. This future is not only beautiful, but also rich and interesting, and as the plot progresses you will become more and more involved with the game. There are many missions available to the player (some that are required to advance in the story, others that areIn Deus Ex Human Revolution you play as Adam Jensen, and must uncover the truth behind conspiracies and twists in a future Detroit. This future is not only beautiful, but also rich and interesting, and as the plot progresses you will become more and more involved with the game. There are many missions available to the player (some that are required to advance in the story, others that are entirely optional), and the game gives you a lot of freedom on how to decide to finish them. You can talk to the right people and manipulate them to make everything easier, go straight to the point by engaging enemies in combat, silently take them out one by one, or evade them completely. To help make things a little easier, there are many different upgrades available for you and your weapons, and you'll want them. As you advance through the game, you'll not only face more difficult missions with increasingly numbers of stronger enemies, but also boss battles. These boss battles can be frustrating, and they feel terribly out of place. Unlike the rest of the game, there is no freedom here. All you can do is grab the best weapons you've got, shoot, and run.

Overall, this is a great, memorable game, and no boss battle can change that.

Good Points: Variety, beautiful game world, great characters
    Bad Points: Boss battles
  49. Nov 20, 2013
    This game epitomises how marketing can fool people into thinking that a game worth nothing more than a zero is worth a 10.
    Obviously the people that gave this a 10 are either console players who have not played good games in their lives or just plain idiots, who got fooled by the marketing and pretty trailer.
    The graphics are terrible, the game play felt stiff, old and just annoying, the
    The graphics are terrible, the game play felt stiff, old and just annoying, the voice acting is terrible, the story is boring and everything about this game is terrible.
    Luckily I did not buy this game, otherwise I would have come here and gave it a 10 just to convince myself that I did not waste the money.
    After 1 hour of playing, I closed the game and un-installed it.
    Please do not buy this piece of shiit. If you feel like you have to buy it and play it, then download it from torrent websites, the installation process is very easy.
  50. Nov 18, 2013
    The best game that allows to use different paths and skills to resolve a problem. An amazing story, excellent gameplay and cool cinematics. The side quests are very interesting, and the exploration of all the city allows to learn about the universe of Deus Ex. 100% Recommended!!!
  51. Nov 16, 2013
    So I was enjoying my quiet peace time when suddenly a wild review pops out showing Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a 90 score on Metacritic. WTF, that can't be right?? So I click on the link to see what it is that these people saw that I missed...
    Amazing graphics? You mean all those flat textures, bad lighting and weirdly unalive faces? Mediocre at best really...
    The mechanics where
    The mechanics where terrible!! It had the fluidity of bread dough going through a sif. The controls where ok, but the act and reactions of everything where horrible, including animations that seemed to have nothing to do with what was actually happening to that NPC.
    Performance issues! Your telling me that I can run Crysis perfectly but I should lag on this piece of crap that I won't even rank in the same decade of graphical quality?
    I'll admit the only part I'll give this game some points is that the story wasn't too bad, quite cool actually, but it didn't pull me in and make me feel invested in the characters like some other games in the past have.
    It felt too me too much like a failed attempt at copying other titles that did what they did much better... And i know the original Deus Ex predated all these games, but then it only means they haven caught up with the times.
    The stealthy and augmented capability fighting was way better in crysis.
    Oh and then you have the bugs.
    Honestly I'm just baffled... I mean come on...
  52. Nov 13, 2013
    One of the best game of last years. Perfect on everything: story, gameplay, graphic and music. The rpg mode is very accurate and have waste of choice u can get for your ability, funny becouse that choice of abilities determinate your story and how u move forward on the game, if u like be more stealth u choice invisibility and hacker, if u like be more aggressive you can improve armor,One of the best game of last years. Perfect on everything: story, gameplay, graphic and music. The rpg mode is very accurate and have waste of choice u can get for your ability, funny becouse that choice of abilities determinate your story and how u move forward on the game, if u like be more stealth u choice invisibility and hacker, if u like be more aggressive you can improve armor, combat and health to kick everybodys ass, one of the best single player i play in my life and it's sin that the game haven't the multiplayer mode, can be very interesting. Expand
  53. Oct 31, 2013
    Finally a worthy successor to Deus Ex. Fantastic balance, amazing detail and realized world. Sad then that I can't give this a full 10 because the boss battles break the "free choice" system in the game forcing you to go for combat skills even if you would rather stealth and hack your way around.
  54. Oct 30, 2013
    Human Revolution is a great game with many elements coming together well, although there are some pitfalls. The game is very open end, and you can take on challenges the way you see fit, whether that be through brute force, sneaking a back way through vents, cloaking your way through, or hacking a computer and making a robot fight for you. The voice acting for the most part is solid, andHuman Revolution is a great game with many elements coming together well, although there are some pitfalls. The game is very open end, and you can take on challenges the way you see fit, whether that be through brute force, sneaking a back way through vents, cloaking your way through, or hacking a computer and making a robot fight for you. The voice acting for the most part is solid, and the plot is enthralling, with the added effect that what you do influences plot points. An effective dark atmosphere is created, although the gold and black colour scheme may not appeal to all. However, the game is far from perfect and has definite weakness. The AI in particular, can be quite dumb at times, especially with regards to their alertness to your presence and their reactions. Sometimes enemies get stuck in doors and sometimes they run around like complete buffoons. In addition, the boss fights are unnecessary and do not belong and often rely on saving and loading until you eventually do enough damage to kill them. This concept does not fit well with a game where choice is one of the most prevalent aspects. These pitfalls aside, Human Revolution is still a great game which presents you with many choices and ways to tackle a problem. A link between various genres is done successfully and as a result, an enthralling package is produced, despite the shortcomings. Expand
  55. Oct 29, 2013
    A game undeserving of the hype, but ok otherwise. Gunfighting is bland but this is meant to be played stealth, where it does a bit better. The graphics are very dated, comparable to a game from 2006, like Hitman Blood Money. The level design is also mediocre, but neither of these ruin the game, the story is ok. For me the mechanics are a bit old-fashioned and arcade, but otherwiseA game undeserving of the hype, but ok otherwise. Gunfighting is bland but this is meant to be played stealth, where it does a bit better. The graphics are very dated, comparable to a game from 2006, like Hitman Blood Money. The level design is also mediocre, but neither of these ruin the game, the story is ok. For me the mechanics are a bit old-fashioned and arcade, but otherwise acceptable. Porting from console to PC has been done well. Expand
  56. Oct 24, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a very good game. It's the kind of game you fee like revisiting and playing again in a different way.

Some people argument that the many choices of skill are actually useless since only some of them are actually usefull. Well, I don't agree. Of course some of them are situational, but "situational" can make a pretty big difference in some missions, and those few times that it will make a huge difference is why you risk buying them. Anyway, is just a style, does that mean is bad ?

The most important aspect of this game, in my opinion, it's the atmosphere. It's immersive. You'll simply LOVE the wolrd around you. The logic of everyting and how social issues are portrayed in this futuristic wolrd are believable and quite realistic (we ARE talking about fiction, don't forget that)

The second strongest point to be quoted abou this game, it's the story. It's filled with action and also reflection. You want to get there and get things done because you want to know how the story will develop. The side missions ain't that bad, you'll have fun playing a lot of them.

The protagonist isn't the strongest point in my opinion, but you grow to like him.

The graphics are beautiful.

The gameplay... oh the gameplay. I was just surprised. I knew nothing about this game when I played it. I just went for it expecting an FPS. Well, most of the part is might seem like just an FPS, but it's actually much more than that. Using your skills in the right time, deciding if you are goin' to open fire or been stealthy makes a huge difference on the outcome and in how you feel the game.

Well, simply put, it's a very fun story, with an original construction and is, above all, a very fun ride.

But the current price you'll be finding this on Steam, you just SHOULD get it.
  57. Oct 21, 2013
    Be warned. Not anywhere near the hype. very generic shooter with "rpg" elements such as the basic crappy skill tree, barely any decision making involved, some skills are handy while others are are just "cool" or extremely situation, no builds of any kind. not to mention the "quest" system, because my idea of a good time is running around for 10-15 minutes in between dumb monotonous sideBe warned. Not anywhere near the hype. very generic shooter with "rpg" elements such as the basic crappy skill tree, barely any decision making involved, some skills are handy while others are are just "cool" or extremely situation, no builds of any kind. not to mention the "quest" system, because my idea of a good time is running around for 10-15 minutes in between dumb monotonous side quests that seem like half the quest is just figuring out how the hell i get somewhere without running into a wall or fence. this all would be ok if the action portion of the game was actually good. but it's not, with bad ragdoll physics (bodies simply go limp when shot, extremely unsatisfying gun play, don't think there was blood decals on bodies from what I recall) lack of variety of weapons, unsatisfying boss fights, and honestly pretty lackluster story. Expand
  58. Oct 21, 2013
    Although it doesn't quite match the lofty excellence of the original Deus Ex, it's a much better game than Invisible War

Pros:
    Beautifully realized world, Impressive range of choices for player style, Interesting storyline, Excellent presentation
    Cons:
    Simplistic and sometimes buggy AI, Horrible boss fights, Not as open as the original
  59. Oct 17, 2013
    The developers have done a quality game. But could do better. Game, in my opinion, not enough scale, is too short, especially when compared to the first Deus Ex. The game does not look like a remake. This is a prequel. Too much time has passed since the first Deus Ex, thirteen years. Many have forgotten what the Deus Ex universe and cyberpunk. But certainly pleased reference to the firstThe developers have done a quality game. But could do better. Game, in my opinion, not enough scale, is too short, especially when compared to the first Deus Ex. The game does not look like a remake. This is a prequel. Too much time has passed since the first Deus Ex, thirteen years. Many have forgotten what the Deus Ex universe and cyberpunk. But certainly pleased reference to the first part: the Illuminati, Bob Page, basketball ball... and even a yellow submarine. Do not linear storyline is interesting, addictive. Another interesting game world itself, in which the fashion for cybernetic implants change human society. The graphics engine is old, but produces an acceptable image, and still manages to slow down even at the top-end machines. All in all a good game. Expand
  60. Oct 7, 2013
    Games with this level of thought and ambition are rare. Combined with the good action gameplay and enjoyable stealth sequences, it's a rather outstanding entertainment product. A healthy amount of philosophical content and a respect for the gamer's intellect that I've only seen paralleled a handful of times in modern games. The ending is rewarding enough, but I kind of had anticipatedGames with this level of thought and ambition are rare. Combined with the good action gameplay and enjoyable stealth sequences, it's a rather outstanding entertainment product. A healthy amount of philosophical content and a respect for the gamer's intellect that I've only seen paralleled a handful of times in modern games. The ending is rewarding enough, but I kind of had anticipated something grander. The last level kind of feels like 'the quiet before the storm' in terms of quality and scale. But I think the ending and the overall epic sense of plot made it worth playing through the game. The worst thing about the game? Nothing really outstanding about the 'walk from A to B' sequences. There could have been more puzzles to getting to the right destination. And less corridors. Expand
  61. Oct 5, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game, must play, it's not perfect but the story itself, voice acting are epic.

And it could be much, much more, theres so much rom for improvment, I can't wait for DeusEX: Universe
  62. Sep 26, 2013
    I like it, but it's got some REALLY annoying stuff in it. Like the fact that when an enemy spots you he immediately alerts everyone else annoying yes, but it is a brilliant game.
  63. Sep 25, 2013
    Really can't understand why this game has so many 10 ratings. This game is just a dumbed-down version of the original Deus Ex. The agent skill, weapon skill, augmentation upgrade and weapon upgrade system in original game is much simplified and combined to a simple grow chart, ruining the fun of decision making in specialization with various possibilities.

The graphics is just of 2005

The graphics is just of 2005 standard with a yellow tone with no option to customize. (even the original in 2000 has option to customize that kind of thing) Even though the graphic is poor, the performance of the game is quite bad due to poor optimization for various cores of CPU in PC. Graphic glitches or stuttering is quite common among users with different specifications of PC.

The story is quite boring due to the linear plot, i.e. someone is bad, we need to find him or her. Later, oh he or she is also being used by others. Let's find the man behind them. Rinse and repeat until your boss fight. The poor voice acting really test players' patience via introducing frequent cut-scenes with various characters, with lengthy conversation without any real value to plot or info. This just serves as a social simulator to test player to pick a correct option to please the character so that you can get the info. you need. A good RPG game is not about lengthy conversation, it focuses more on building of character and world as well as plot development. However, those boring conversations do not help in this aspect.

The gameplay is also very boring like a hacking simulator to keep on playing the stupid mini-games to read emails, open door for your plot progress. Buildings look very similar as well, with same kind of locked door, wood door, windows, and vent. Level designs are linear and very poor, with nearly moving in vent is the only stealth way to move across level, excluding the strategy of hiding and taking cover in main corridor.

The stealth system is also stupid, playing cut-scene all the time when player switching cover, performing takedown from back, moving down ladder, causing frequent switch between first-person and third-person views. This is just too annoying for a FPS.

Health system and shooting system is also a dumbed-down version of original. Cross-hair is always accurate regardless of weapon proficiency, and the health management is also streamlined, further ruining the fun in strategy planning before surprise attack.

Overall, by discarding the special features in original Deus Ex, together with a boring story, this game simply become a game very similar to other streamlined games like Hitman Absolution or Splinter Cell Blacklist, but even they shine more on the game's own features.
  64. Sep 14, 2013
    Pros: Probably one of the best FPS strategy games I've ever played.
    Cons: I can't believe I waited this long to actually play it through.

If you are like me and was disappointed with Invisible War, you will quickly understand how DEHR completely and fully redeems the franchise and series. Now to hunt for the next installment!
  65. Sep 11, 2013
    DH: HR is a game with a wide and deep world, full of details to discover and learn, wrapped in a storyline that keeps hooked for hours and hours of great gameplay. The characters are always credible, with state of the art dialogues. The graphic is not perfect, but the design and the style are gorgeous. Human Revolution is a masterpiece that every gamer should own.
  66. Sep 1, 2013
    Hands down one of my favorite games of all time. Music was amazing (I own the soundtrack), gameplay was perfect for a stealth game, cinematic quality graphics, many different combat play-styles... and don't even get me started on the storyline.
  67. Aug 31, 2013
    On first play I thought it was very good. 2 playthroughs later I am shocked at how much depth there is in the game mechanics. The way the augs affect playstyles, guns and how you use them is impressive. On my third playthrough I discovered further routes and different ways to combine my skills to proceed, when I thought I had already discovered everything!
    The story is engaging until the
    The story is engaging until the third act where it tapers off a bit, it may be the stale 'go here go there' objectives, especially when the lovely colour palette never changes or the story itself; possibly the most important character in the game shows up at the 1/3 point, says 3 sentences leaves, until you see him again at the end. By which time I had almost forgotten he existed. Really weird choice. The 2 hub cities are re-used and it really shows that they cut out the 3rd hub-city.
    The battery refill system is balanced for the game but it's still awful. Doing more then one augmented task at a time requires eating a bar, which fills up precious inventory anyway, limiting the 'fun-experimental' factor. You're just saving them up too scared to use them instead of using them as you go along ALA Deus ex 1, Dishonoured. The game is all about augs, they really shouldn't handicap aug use so severely.
    The AI is standard stupid-like every other stealth game. You should not be able to 'knock-out' multiple people and have no one notice their disappearance.
    I must be the few people who likes the boss battles, but there is a problem. Stealth is the preferred method of play so when it comes to forced action you just aren't used to pulling those sharp actions to survive. Boss battles work in MGS because of the many scripted action moments to prepare you for other scripted action moments. This is probably why I loved the boss battles on my 2-3rd playthrough. I was used to the controls and could outskill the bosses in such cool inventive ways.
    I have many complaints about this game but it's still one of my top games ever. There is so much to like here. A few tweaks here and there and this game could be perfect as well as ambitious.
  68. Aug 26, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It's not even my kind of game, but the music, setting, and game play are great. I've given out too many 10's for them to be worth much anymore, and my gaming preferences have matured since my first review, but this game is indeed one of my favorites, despite being a type of game I've never played before. Excellent.
  69. Aug 25, 2013
    This game is awesome and more importantly shines as the single greatest console port to date. It really feels thoroughly like a PC exclusive. Nixxes did an astounding job here. If you passed on this one you cheated yourself.
  70. Aug 25, 2013
    Graphics look simple,but OK for the yellow mood is quite "unique".Faces in the game are mostly crude judging with the standard of the year 2011.
    Individual sequences are not accessible to play individually.I know that they are a whole play built upon what we have chosen through playing and cannot be divided,while I'm not feeling entertained for this a bit "hardcore" set of gameplay.
    Maneuver of 3rd person is not so convenient,with the "take cover" part functions like Hitman:Absolution but worse.
    Good game,but not so good as I imagined.
  71. Aug 21, 2013
    Much like the first Deus Ex, this game feels quite flawed and incomplete. Much about he game also leaves you feeling disconnected: the voice acting, the character's behaviors, the truncated settings, the clumsy combat and nonsensical storyline.

If you want a game like this, I'd suggest just playing through Vampire the Masquarade Bloodlines again. But if you've already gone through all the clans and combat styles, then maybe check this game out.
  72. Aug 21, 2013
    One of the best games I ever played.
    Is fun, is challenging and it has a great storyline.
    The endings? are one of the best voice acting ever, and most touching moments.
    Voice acting of some NPCs could have been improved but overall the game have been an absolute terrific experience.
  73. Aug 14, 2013
    really entertaining!
    this game creates a real atmosphere and at some points you cant stop playing playing, like when you read a good book. The hours fly away
  74. Aug 12, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a ton of potential, but ultimately falls flat in too many areas to warrant a recommendation. I've never played previous Deus Ex games, so I'm reacting to this one purely on its own merits. I did a full playthrough, completing the main story and most of the side quests in about 19 hours.

The qualities that kept me engaged for that much time were the

The qualities that kept me engaged for that much time were the impeccably designed world and the extremely engaging atmosphere. The Blade Runner-esque setting is appealing and visually striking. I was slightly put off by the extreme orangeness of everything, but eventually that just became part of the world and I stopped paying it much attention. It's a credit to the artists and the sound design team (and of course the composer) that Deus Ex provides such a compelling experience. In fact, it's solely because of their brilliant work that the game is worth playing. There are a lot of major flaws in other areas that almost, but not quite, ruin everything.

Foremost among these problems are the combat mechanics. Deus Ex is not a good first person shooter, even though the designers give you the freedom to run and gun to your heart's content. A couple of huge issues kept me frustrated throughout. First, many of the enemies you encounter are complete and utter bullet sponges. "Heavies" appear to be wearing nothing but a Kevlar vest and a helmet, yet they can absorb hundreds of point blank rounds from a Gatling gun. At the same time, they can take you down with about 2 seconds worth of gunfire. You, the augmented super soldier with an invisibility cloak and retractable forearm sword blades. It just doesn't make sense and it's not fun at all.

After repeated failed attempts at any given battle, I often resorted to hand to hand stealth-based combat. This tends to work quite well, but the very fact that it does ruins the combat experience even more. The heavy that gave me so many problems with my Gatling gun could be taken down with a single tap of the Q key, resulting in an arm lock and a punch to the jaw. What a joke.

You'll still run into constant frustration even if you adopt a 100% stealth-based strategy. One highly amusing encounter I had involved sneaking up to two Chinese gangsters. For some reason they didn't notice me crouching literally a foot away, so I triumphantly hit Q, expecting a satisfying double takedown. Instead, my battery meter beeped, indicating that I didn't have enough power to execute the move. This made me literally laugh out loud, imagining the absurdity of the scenario if it played out in real life.

Adam: "I have remained undetected! Wait for it. Wait for it. NOW!"
    *beeeeeeeeeeep*
    Gangsters: "What was that sound? Hey, who's that guy crouching over there?"

Thankfully, the game isn't real life, so I just chowed down an energy bar and successfully smashed the bad guys heads together a moment later. I don't know who on the design team decided that a genetically enhanced super soldier should run on a few AA batteries, but they should probably look for another line of work.

Moving on. The boss battles in Deus Ex have been much maligned, and I can mostly see why. They did provide a somewhat welcome injection of strategy into the combat system, but in the end all of them could be resolved with a few grenade launcher blasts. I found that trying a more finesse-based approach of dodging and shotgunning led to pretty much instant death, and I never had the patience to hone my skills when the brute force path provided such an immediate solution.

Second only to the combat mechanics in terms of immersion-breaking were the awful cutscenes. The character models are terribly low quality and the lip-syncing is very poor. I really felt like I was watching 2000-era technology at work here. Almost any recent game that I can think of provides a better experience in this department. That being said, the voice acting is generally excellent, although our main guy's prolonged "I'm Batman" impression occasionally became tiresome.

Last but not least, I found the city hubs to be fairly generic. There is very little difference in the game between Detroit, China and Montreal (although I did get a kick out of the "futurized" Montreal skyline). I would have liked to see different colors, more vegetation, different types of people, etc. Anything, really, to differentiate the various locales and make them seem more special and exotic.

To sum up: I had really mixed feelings about Deus Ex. The fictional world is so well realized that it makes it possible to overlook a lot of problems. But, there are a LOT of problems. In the end, I just didn't enjoy myself that much and I can't see myself ever going back to play again. There just isn't enough variety in the gameplay or plot to keep me interested. It's too bad, because I'd genuinely love to spend more time in the Deus Ex universe. Maybe the next game in the series will provide a more complete and satisfying experience
  75. Aug 12, 2013
    It was a fairly decent game I enjoyed taxing bad guys and shooting gangsters,but when I reloaded the game from a save point the game graphically glitches out I mean you couldn't even see the player in cover that's how bad out it was therefore this game gets a zero
  76. Aug 6, 2013
    I tried hard to love this game. Deleted and redownloaded again for 4 times in hope I missed something last time. I was not.
    Game is just extremely boring with bad voice acting, game mechanic, gameplay and story.
    I usually never give 0 to games because people put effort to make it, but in this one couldn't find even 1 good thing. Seems even Steam discount price of 3.75 euro was wasted money
  77. Jul 31, 2013
    I'll put it simply. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a great return to the old fashioned, multiple choice, role playing games of long ago. The first Deus Ex revolutionized the way we viewed not only action RPGs, but gaming in general. And what was the reason we all liked Deus Ex so much, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution? I'll give you one reason. Choice. The game lets you choose how youI'll put it simply. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a great return to the old fashioned, multiple choice, role playing games of long ago. The first Deus Ex revolutionized the way we viewed not only action RPGs, but gaming in general. And what was the reason we all liked Deus Ex so much, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution? I'll give you one reason. Choice. The game lets you choose how you play in all situations. You are hardly ever forced to do something you don't want. For example, you need to get into a police station to gather information. You can sneak in through vents, hack the security and find a different way in, climb to the roof and enter from the top, or you can just walk right through the front door and shoot everyone. But there are also some choices in the game that are so subtle that you may never know that you made them.

Story, atmosphere, great gameplay... this game has all of it. Check it out if you can.
  78. Jul 30, 2013
    Probably the best PC game of all time! (Yes everybody it is better than Half Life). The game is a prequel to the original Deus Ex games and starts when 'augmentations' are practically coming into use. As always with stuff like this 'environmentalists' try to spoil it because it is 'unnatural' and all that malarkey. You are 'Jensen', an ex SWAT police officer protecting the company from anyProbably the best PC game of all time! (Yes everybody it is better than Half Life). The game is a prequel to the original Deus Ex games and starts when 'augmentations' are practically coming into use. As always with stuff like this 'environmentalists' try to spoil it because it is 'unnatural' and all that malarkey. You are 'Jensen', an ex SWAT police officer protecting the company from any threat (yes I know it sounds very dull but it really, really isn't). Also, criminals are using the augmentations for the 'evil' intent. I will not go any further into the story as I don't want to spoil it but I will say from the start, middle, to end it does not loose any excitement. You can also find out even more 'background' information on the story through optional side quest (which are just as good as the main missions plus, there are a hell of allot of them), emails, and 'electronic journals' which piece together some parts of the story that you were maybe confused about (god knows why you would be, the story is really well written). These are a really nice feature to the game. Unlike most AAA games nowadays with their 10 hour campaigns Deus Ex has a MASSIVE 72 HOUR CAMPAIGN (unless you are a speed runner.

Now, to the most important part of any game in my opinion. The gameplay. The shooting mechanics in this game remind me of Counter Strike in some ways in the sense that aiming down the iron sights is pretty much useless so in the end of the day it comes down to how skilled you are. The cover system is strange, yet the best I have ever seen in a game by never getting you stuck anywhere or just generally being a pain in the arse.

When a developers ad a 'mini game' to any game alarm bells start ringing in my head because usually they are a pile of toss. But the hacking to get into certain doors is actually rather compelling. It has just the right amount of difficulty not to be annoying. But dont worry. As pretty much everything else in this game, it is optional as you can find codes for the doors somewhere. But I do recommend hacking as it is usually quicker and more rewarding.

I wont talk about the inventory and upgrade systems as they are very similar to any other well designed PC game.

When it comes to games I don't think looks matter all too much, but I still dont mind if a game does it right. Many people have complained that the games is very orange, which it is, but I think it captures the essence of the era and what the game is supposed to be. One thing though, I think there is too many boxes lying around the place.
  79. Jul 30, 2013
    It looks yellow. Seriously, check Youtube and see how yellow it is. How could anyone say that these are great graphics? Bland is what I call them. Then there's horribly boring voice acting. If this was a movie, it would never get a high rating because the acting is so dreary! On top of that, the gameplay is boring as well, for a stealth game. I never once had a tense moment. I uninstalledIt looks yellow. Seriously, check Youtube and see how yellow it is. How could anyone say that these are great graphics? Bland is what I call them. Then there's horribly boring voice acting. If this was a movie, it would never get a high rating because the acting is so dreary! On top of that, the gameplay is boring as well, for a stealth game. I never once had a tense moment. I uninstalled and I'm not going back. Expand
  80. Jul 29, 2013
    A wonderful title to any who seek a well fleshed out gaming experience. I find that the freedom to choose from a variety of methods of approach in every situation meshes well with the theme of choice in terms of augmentation. It combines gameplay and plot seamlessly in the hopes of making the moral quandaries of augmentation the player's. The only downside to the experience comes in theA wonderful title to any who seek a well fleshed out gaming experience. I find that the freedom to choose from a variety of methods of approach in every situation meshes well with the theme of choice in terms of augmentation. It combines gameplay and plot seamlessly in the hopes of making the moral quandaries of augmentation the player's. The only downside to the experience comes in the form of poorly designed boss battles. Expand
  81. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is just perfect. It has one of the best stories so far in video games, altought the ending is dumb. Great balance between stealth and action, many ways to achieve succes in mission, various augmentations that are fun to use. Nice graphics stylization, nice characters, interesting side missions. What else to say. Deus Ex 1 was a perfect game and many ppl though that DEHR wont beThis game is just perfect. It has one of the best stories so far in video games, altought the ending is dumb. Great balance between stealth and action, many ways to achieve succes in mission, various augmentations that are fun to use. Nice graphics stylization, nice characters, interesting side missions. What else to say. Deus Ex 1 was a perfect game and many ppl though that DEHR wont be as good but they were wrong. DEHR is a percet prequel to one of the best games of history. Expand
  82. Jul 26, 2013
    A pretty good game, and it's nice that it attempted to stay as close to Deus Ex 1 as possible. Still, it somehow doesn't reach the level of Deus Ex 1. I can't exactly say what it is. It just feels "dumbed down", and not only in the gameplay, but probably more in the story and dialog. The original had a clever story. This game is more Hollywood. I mean, compared to every other action gameA pretty good game, and it's nice that it attempted to stay as close to Deus Ex 1 as possible. Still, it somehow doesn't reach the level of Deus Ex 1. I can't exactly say what it is. It just feels "dumbed down", and not only in the gameplay, but probably more in the story and dialog. The original had a clever story. This game is more Hollywood. I mean, compared to every other action game on the market now, it's still stands out. I have only played it thru once, and got almost all the augmentations. With Deus Ex, I played the game thru at least 3 times fully, once with standard Rifles+Heavy, once with Pistols+Heavy and once fully non-lethal. I played the first level of Deus Ex 1 countless times. Here everything is more streamlined so I didn't even feel the need to experiment with anything on a second run. After the game was done, there was nothing left to see or think about. Expand
  83. Jul 24, 2013
    There is not much to say about Deus Ex: Human Revolution exept almost perfect.
    the story is compelling to its end, the world is interesting not only from a story based view but also from a philosdophical standpoint.
    the only real problem I with the game I have is the lip synch which is ABLOSUTELY TERRIBLE UGH!!! HOW CAN THEY MAKE SUCH A PRETTY GAME AND THEN UP THE LIPSYNC SO HARD?
    There is not much to say about Deus Ex: Human Revolution exept almost perfect.
    anyway I totally ecommend it to a full extend
  84. Jul 23, 2013
    I heard from a lot of persons, that Deus Ex: Human Revolution would be a very great game, but I'm am a bit disappointed, while I played it. It has a cool story and a cool gameplay, but it never grabbed me. I don't like the graphics, especially the faces, the KI and it is often boring. I can't understand, why this game is often hyped. It's not bad, but for me nothing special.
  85. Jul 22, 2013
    gomy game of my life)... just fantastic gameplay, story line, art style soundtrack you MUST check it out) this game made me cry for thinking that it is getting over and i will never can see this things again with the same suprise. the game is also have a political aspect that is just amazing graphics are a bit ugly but the style of the game is fantastic
  86. Jul 22, 2013
    I want to get this review as short as possible, so to make it short. If you like Stealth games then you have nothing to worry about. This is one of the best in the genre, atleast that I've played, and it really reminds me of the good old times with the Thief Series, and later on with the Dishonored game.

The highlights of this game is the voice acting. The open environment. The great AI and stealth mechanics. And finally a thrilling story. You have nothing to lose.

However, the game could've been slightly slightly better, by fixing some of the few bugs and making the phase from third to first person better and less solid, for example.

But as said. Compared with the good parts about this game, the bad parts are way dont below the floor. I'd give this game 9.5 if I could, but it's not worth the top score, atleast not with this sequel!
  87. Jul 20, 2013
    I put about 60hrs into this game. It was great. No problems running on steam. You get to customize your character and be a killing machine or a stealth machine.
  88. Jul 20, 2013
    This is one of the less inmersive games I have played, the dialog is dullm boring and predictable, it doesnt feel real at all it feels like if you are playing a game,the action is quite boring,you just dont care about the characters,the main character is a tough guy with a raspy voice (how original),the upgrades are boring. I dont understand the hype behind this game there are much betterThis is one of the less inmersive games I have played, the dialog is dullm boring and predictable, it doesnt feel real at all it feels like if you are playing a game,the action is quite boring,you just dont care about the characters,the main character is a tough guy with a raspy voice (how original),the upgrades are boring. I dont understand the hype behind this game there are much better games out there, I bougth this at 85% discount and I regret it. Expand
  89. Jul 14, 2013
    Finally we have a good deus ex game again. after the pathetic failure that was invisible war honor is finally restored to one of the single greatest game franchises of all time.
  90. Jul 13, 2013
    A fluid gameplay (which stumbles onto useless cinematic of "takedowns"), a rather linear scenario but broadened by possible personal choices. However, the general aesthetics is disturbing at first, dull in the end. On maximum difficulty, the game fails to provide real challenges. I am trying to avoid comparison to the initial sets but they had a real ambiance. By this one, paradoxically toA fluid gameplay (which stumbles onto useless cinematic of "takedowns"), a rather linear scenario but broadened by possible personal choices. However, the general aesthetics is disturbing at first, dull in the end. On maximum difficulty, the game fails to provide real challenges. I am trying to avoid comparison to the initial sets but they had a real ambiance. By this one, paradoxically to the scenario and how the hero is involved in the story, I failed to attach to his fate.

The good:
    - The fluidity of the gameplay
    - The quality of the graphics
    - The work on the characters

The bad:
    - The general ambiance
    - The somewhat linearity of the scenario
    - The constant short cinematic for the take-downs
    - I miss a good DLC (I won't go into critics of the missing link)
    - The repeatability of the strategy, or the dullness of the AI
  91. Jul 7, 2013
    i really liked this game it was a really great experience at first i didn't really like it because it was really tough game but after i got some upgrades it turned to be more awesome and gameplay became more enjoyable and this game has a really good story but what i liked most in this game is the stealth atmosphere and it's unique style highly recommend this game
  92. Jul 7, 2013
    A simplified review for novice gamers
    Graphics:
    Every inch of the game has been carried out perfectly in the sewer, the city or in the buildings of the game Sound: The sound of the game is great, the voice acting as well and every time you shoot a bullet it just feels natural Game play: This is what Deus ex is about GAME PLAY you can engage fire fights, hack, or sneak your through
    A simplified review for novice gamers
    Graphics:
    Sound:
    Game play:
    This is what Deus ex is about GAME PLAY you can engage fire fights, hack, or sneak your through the game with many side quests and upgrades to make
    Story:
    The plot is great and very satisfying with various ways to finish your objective for example if someone knows a password for a door and he died its not game over

Overall Deus ex is and awesome game which i find very fun to play and recommend for you
  93. Jul 1, 2013
    It doesn't have the sexiness of the original but it's a fine game on its own merit and the cyberpunk themes win me over. Unfortunately, with everything needing to play nice with consoles, it's doubtful we'll ever see a game on the level of the original.
  94. Jul 1, 2013
    This is what I call a great game! Very good history, good gameplay and graphics. I really apreciate this game and recommend it to everyone that likes a good RPG.
  95. Jun 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Initially I really enjoyed this game but a few hours fighting similar enemies in similar environments gets tedious, the fact that I am yet to complete this game speaks for itself. While the idea of upgrading your body to suit different styles is brilliant its let down by a boring story and dull characters.

There is a lot of potential here and hopefully a future title may do it justice
  96. Jun 25, 2013
    Great game that offers very immersive gaming experience. Has great story, good dialog and athmospheric soundtrack. What comes to your play style, character interactions and character development, Deus Ex offers lots of freedom to do things your way. Also the game world goes beyond simple good vs. evil setup, and many decisions you have to make, don't have clear right answers. This goesGreat game that offers very immersive gaming experience. Has great story, good dialog and athmospheric soundtrack. What comes to your play style, character interactions and character development, Deus Ex offers lots of freedom to do things your way. Also the game world goes beyond simple good vs. evil setup, and many decisions you have to make, don't have clear right answers. This goes also to NPC characters who often have complex motives.

Main weak point of this game are boss battles Especially if you are playing stealth character, these battles can be purely annoying. Graphics are a bit outdated, but this didn't really bother me. Ending was a bit letdown, but served its purpose.

Deus Ex features about 30 hours of playtime (can vary hugely depending your play style and amount of side quests you do) and good replay value. It's a good buy and offers lots for your money.
  97. Jun 23, 2013
    My personal favorite of 2011. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a very long time. The game is driven both by its fantastic story and its wonderful gameplay. The world itself was easy to get immersed in and I thought they created one of the best near future settings in science fiction. The games style reminded me very much of another brilliant title, Vampire: The MasqueradeMy personal favorite of 2011. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a very long time. The game is driven both by its fantastic story and its wonderful gameplay. The world itself was easy to get immersed in and I thought they created one of the best near future settings in science fiction. The games style reminded me very much of another brilliant title, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and that is a rare treat in this era of drab linear shooters and incoherent open worlds. Expand
  98. Jun 20, 2013
    The concept art and genre held a lot of promise but sadly fell well short of telling an engaging visual story. This is not to say that the the story concept was flawed or bad, rather the environments are sterile, overly large, uncluttered, and completely unbelievable affairs. This is not a well thought out universe that feels lived in. It is shallowly crafted setting in which to collectThe concept art and genre held a lot of promise but sadly fell well short of telling an engaging visual story. This is not to say that the the story concept was flawed or bad, rather the environments are sterile, overly large, uncluttered, and completely unbelievable affairs. This is not a well thought out universe that feels lived in. It is shallowly crafted setting in which to collect and exercise uninspired skill choice options that fail to give a sense of customization or personal character. The "boss" fights are completely ridiculous affairs that feel completely out of place and shallow -in the take cover, throw some explosives, and shoot in the head 'till dead kind of way. Any combat or sneak realism, is just thrown out the door in favor of "this is a boss and thus will be coated with an admantine substance which renders skillful or thoughtful play useless". Expand
  99. Jun 15, 2013
    I don't understand how this is so highly reviewed. It has little to no replay value and is boring to play. The only positive i can think of is cutscenes and its like SWTOR cutscenes but less impactive. I tried original on normal and had horrible time with the first boss and after that all the other bosses were easy as Predictable story and even the ending was predictable but maybe thatsI don't understand how this is so highly reviewed. It has little to no replay value and is boring to play. The only positive i can think of is cutscenes and its like SWTOR cutscenes but less impactive. I tried original on normal and had horrible time with the first boss and after that all the other bosses were easy as Predictable story and even the ending was predictable but maybe thats what they were going for. The thing i hate most of this game is the slow pace making it feel like a MMO. The skill system lacks any real fun skill to mess around with. The funnest skill by hacking and not for actually hacking the minigame for hacking is complete Its purely luck based hacking and is not challenging at all. The most challenges you will have is lvl 1-2 after that the challenges are simple as You can die from the slightest falls and unless you have the skill to make all falls do no damage but even after that your forced to watch a cutscene every single time you fall... So if your being attacked you watch yourself being shot while standing waiting for the cutscene to stop. The AI is terrible they will walk through walls and doors but not smart enough to look in vents and wth is with vents they are perfect size for you and only lead you where you need to go...? Every single boss is shoot and kill and only in the final boss do they change things up like press button then shoot and kill. The final cutscenes are just video taken from other videos mashed in together... Oh thats great you can't toss in maybe a ending where he atleast walks out of the place or what happened to the people which you just saved. Just unsatisfied completly.. Poor voice acting you always get pulled out of the enviroment or situation laughing at it. The map designs are terriiibbblle Cluttered and one direct. Side quests are pointless and don't change much. The iron sign aim is useless and off aim for most guns that use them. Why has this been reviewed so high? Has these people even played this? Oh and if you do play what way should you go? Hacking because it is the fastest for shortcuts and sneaking is slow as and usually detours you around the whole map oh and going in guns blazing can work until you run out of ammo which will happen trust me. When enemies can waste infinite amount of clips and then be killed and drop usually a single bullet or nothing at all. You must spend your time hacking to get ammunition and taking detours to stockup on ammo. Also something thats annoying its the future it sure doesn't feel like it doors don't even open automatically. Also the running is tapping it every 3 seconds so have fun with that. The funnest part i had in this game was picking up a hacked turret and using it to beat every single boss after playing it by far the easiest way to kill them. I had a pet turret sure made me slow but costs me no ammo and is faster than sneaking and shields you. Expand
  100. Jun 13, 2013
    I also own an xbox 360 but i just got the ps3 and picked up this game. I took a stealthy non lethal character which is more rewarding. i wish that all choices wee as rewarding or close to the same amount of xp given. Boss fights lack in choice but can have a good pattern after a while. Its good to see first person shooting and third person cover system thrown in which is what i enjoy fromI also own an xbox 360 but i just got the ps3 and picked up this game. I took a stealthy non lethal character which is more rewarding. i wish that all choices wee as rewarding or close to the same amount of xp given. Boss fights lack in choice but can have a good pattern after a while. Its good to see first person shooting and third person cover system thrown in which is what i enjoy from alot of games. I wish there was more choices in dialogue and AI could have been better. I also wish for more places besides china but its a good looking game overall. it has a unique different look. Expand

There are only a few games this year we suggest to 16-yrs old gamers and their fathers together. Human Revolution for sure is a Game of the Year nominee. [Oct 2011]
    So despite the odds being stacked against it, Eidos Montreal accomplished the impossible and brought us a Deus Ex in the true sense of the word, probably the best one that we could have hoped for considering the current "requirements" for being commercially successful nowadays.
  3. Oct 10, 2011
    A worthy successor to one of the greatest games ever. It offers a lot of choice on many levels and feels like an RPG from years past - in a very good way. One of the best, if not the best game of 2011. [Oct 2011]