8.4

1. Jul 22, 2013
    gomy game of my life)... just fantastic gameplay, story line, art style soundtrack you MUST check it out) this game made me cry for thinking that it is getting over and i will never can see this things again with the same suprise. the game is also have a political aspect that is just amazing graphics are a bit ugly but the style of the game is fantastic
  2. Mar 16, 2013
    The gameplay is fun, graphics good, plot really good, and player-freedom is extensive. The few things that drag it down is it's HORRIBLE melee system (which can be done without), some decent boss fights, and the feeling that some missions need particular character upgrades to beat. Otherwise, fun game.
  3. Oct 21, 2013
    Although it doesn't quite match the lofty excellence of the original Deus Ex, it's a much better game than Invisible War

Pros:
    Beautifully realized world, Impressive range of choices for player style, Interesting storyline, Excellent presentation
    Cons:
    Simplistic and sometimes buggy AI, Horrible boss fights, Not as open as the original
  4. Oct 24, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a very good game. It's the kind of game you fee like revisiting and playing again in a different way.

Some people argument that the many choices of skill are actually useless since only some of them are actually usefull. Well, I don't agree. Of course some of them are situational, but "situational" can make a pretty big difference in some missions, and those
    few times that it will make a huge difference is why you risk buying them. Anyway, is just a style, does that mean is bad ?

The most important aspect of this game, in my opinion, it's the atmosphere. It's immersive. You'll simply LOVE the wolrd around you. The logic of everyting and how social issues are portrayed in this futuristic wolrd are believable and quite realistic (we ARE talking about fiction, don't forget that)

The second strongest point to be quoted abou this game, it's the story. It's filled with action and also reflection. You want to get there and get things done because you want to know how the story will develop. The side missions ain't that bad, you'll have fun playing a lot of them.

The protagonist isn't the strongest point in my opinion, but you grow to like him.

The graphics are beautiful.

The gameplay... oh the gameplay. I was just surprised. I knew nothing about this game when I played it. I just went for it expecting an FPS. Well, most of the part is might seem like just an FPS, but it's actually much more than that. Using your skills in the right time, deciding if you are goin' to open fire or been stealthy makes a huge difference on the outcome and in how you feel the game.

Well, simply put, it's a very fun story, with an original construction and is, above all, a very fun ride.

But the current price you'll be finding this on Steam, you just SHOULD get it.
  5. May 23, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is very nice, beautiful and atmospheric game with a memorable soundtrack, vaguely reminiscent of the music from the film "Inception". However, this is not a revolution. It is no conceptual or gameplay discoveries. But the fact that there are so fine-tailored tailored that even do not want to find fault. Sitting at the game, you will not regret for one minute spent in a dark 2027th, when people first got scared of what will become machines. Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2013
    One of the best game of last years. Perfect on everything: story, gameplay, graphic and music. The rpg mode is very accurate and have waste of choice u can get for your ability, funny becouse that choice of abilities determinate your story and how u move forward on the game, if u like be more stealth u choice invisibility and hacker, if u like be more aggressive you can improve armor, combat and health to kick everybodys ass, one of the best single player i play in my life and it's sin that the game haven't the multiplayer mode, can be very interesting. Expand
  7. Oct 22, 2014
    Played this game at least 6 times to date. Visuals are stunning, the music really creates a sense of atmosphere and gameplay is polished. One of the best games of it's generation.
  8. Sep 4, 2011
    I was always a fan and really enjoyed this game till i got to the first boss battle when no matter what i hit em with he doesn't go down. I feal like ive been robbed. spend all the money for a game that cant be done. extremely disappointed. the trailor made him look like a serious badass yet he cant fight his way out of a paper bag.
  9. Sep 16, 2011
    If you like "rpgs" that tell a good story then this game delivers. The plot and the environment were very good. Graphics, sound and gameplay were decent. I have to admit at the beginning this game seemed WAY too easy. The main flaws in this game are the ease at which you can avoid the enemy by hiding behind a box (even though the guy is right beside you) and the combat (it's too easy to run and hide without having the enemy chase you).

However as you progress further and further the story and missions tend to make up for a lot of the easy combat. This game is NOT a perfect 10 and although some of the negative reviews have valid points this game doesn't deserve a negative score either. I think a lot of people got so hyped up at seeing the trailers that they might have been expecting a little too much out of this game..
  10. Mar 28, 2013
    I really like this game, I just cant enjoy it because the developer will not fix the poor mouse support. The mouse aiming seems to not want to respond immediately. It takes about 8 seconds for it to respond when using a controller mouse. That's bad.
  11. JLF
    Aug 26, 2011
    DE:HR did not live up to the hype. And let's face it, the game's marketing was off the charts. The console casuals had all the "press a button for awesome" to look forward to and the PC gamers were promised a true sequel to the original Deus Ex. Still, it's relatively well made and better than most games this year (I'm looking at you Bioware). The PC version felt pretty native, even with it being a console port. What saddens me most is that they had to cut out an entire city hub to meet the deadlines. I swear, my first Deus ex playthrough was twice longer than this. It was fairly obvious they couldn't hire any decent voice actors either, but that's not a major issue.
    I'm giving it 5 for "average", as in "good, but there is room for improvement".
  12. Sep 5, 2011
    I was worried. Truly I was. Original Deus Ex was a revolutionary game that have created a new genre. Non linear gameplay and your choices will truly show themselves later in game. I thought this cannot be better (especially with Invisible Wars debacle) but the guys from Canada have outdone themselves. While this game keeps the standards of original title it also ads a few more. Many may say that the graphics are outdated, but I have to say that this game has a style, a style that will take your breath once you are outside Sarif Industries in Detroit or in Shanghai. The gold style of this game is amusing. Since Deus Ex already had the "multiple paths" option, this game leads it to perfection. You can choose if you go unnoticed or go rambo stlye and kill everything that moves. Do not like talking? Ok then do not persuade people to let you in but shoot yourself through. This game offers so many options of gameplay that you might think at some point: what genre is this? To be precise, it is stealth-action-drama-fps-rpg with a lot of choices. This game is genre defining title and it is so immersive that you do not know how and the 25 to 30 hours you spent in the game are long gone. And yet you replay because the second walkthrough, with different choices is a different game :). GOTY Candidate baby! Expand
  13. Sep 3, 2011
    Awesome story, dialogs, hacking system, diversity of augmentations, adequate amount of guns and gadgets... Every mission is unique and funny. The great thing is also gaining experience in finding secret passages and documents. The only thing I do not like are easy boss fights...
  14. Aug 31, 2011
    Just finished it last night (on Deus Ex mode of course) - simply put this is the best story-led RPG(ish) game I've played for literally years... easily beating The Witcher 2 and DA2 (though they're both fantasy genre of course) - if you were a fan of the original (and who wasn't?), buy Human Revolution. The storyline is great, the graphics lovely, the hacking mini-game is very Shadowrun/Cyberpunk and while a little repetitive as you do a LOT of hacking (well I did, YMMV) it's probably the best implementation I've seen in a PC game yet - it is, in short a worthy successor to Deus Ex.

There are only 2 minor niggles I had with the game. Firstly, I've been playing a lot of Brink and InFamous recently and not being able to do something simple like jump up and grab onto a ledge to pull yourself up seems really retrograde, you've got cyber-arms for fricks sake, you should be able to pull yourself up walls if needs be - this can be largely offset with leg and back enhancements but still (the Icarus Landing System is _very_ InFamous).

The other is boss fights... *sighs* again. The Witcher 2 did them worse but not by much - once again it's a matter of drop you into an inescapable room and fight it out. The short, simple and quick solution is lob an EMP grenade at the bad guy which will stun them, then empty a clip of combat rifle ammo, frag grenade (which stuns them again) another clip and another frag grenade... they're a bit rubbish; just make sure you've got plenty of grenades and all 3 "standard" boss fights are little more than a short, tedious distraction from the game. I didn't mind the end-of-game boss though; *shrugs* it was alright - no Crying Wolf from MGS4 but alright.

So that's it, maybe 30 minutes of minor niggles in over 50 hours of gameplay (I like to explore) with a storyline that'll suck you in like a really good book - I'd give it a 95 which means it's closer to a 10 than a 9 anyway.
  15. Sep 4, 2011
    This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.
  16. Aug 27, 2011
    Absolutely the best game in years. Ignore any reviews stating problems with hardware or anything along the lines of technical issues. The game has been out for only 3 days, and already patches have been released on steam to reduce load times by 50%, and so on. The storyline is deep and engaging, the game is addictive and never feels repetative. Eidos Montreal has created a winner with this one.. one can only look forward to the next title in the series which will improve upon the few minor faults in this title. Expand
  17. Aug 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Is there a game category "Least Disappointing Game of the Year?" If so, I nominate DX:HR, as some know it. Steam says I have more than 80 hours of gameplay in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and my impressions have firmed-up. It seems the developers took lessons from many of my favorite games and movies and incorporated them into one immersive, exciting, respectful and fun experience. I hoped for something good, and got something unexpected.

But that is often the key, isn't it? It is a game of expectations, this larger game of enjoyment. I am a PC gamer who ranks the original Deus Ex as possibly the best game I have ever played. Hype and glossy CGI trailers do not excite me, though I do consume them sometimes ravenously. These days, all games would be disappointing if we required that they live up to all their hype.

Still, I have been disappointed in many games of late, most notably sequels like "The Witcher 2." I could sum up my disappointment by saying it is hard to understand why sequels move so far from the original formula which brought them so much success.

One of the first things you will notice, as the game gets underway, is the Tutorial System. They have come up with a system that is not intrusive, but at the same time is very helpful. When you enter an area where a new skill is introduced a message appears in the upper right saying you should Press Tab to get tutorial help with that topic. When you enter the fray the message disappears.

When you get out on the street you will notice how natural the by-standers seem. Talking on cell phones, smoking cigarettes, saying things real people say. A lot of motion capture and good animation went into this thing. The immersion deepens.

If you are an old fan like me, you may notice things like the voice of Bob Page, the entry code for the CommVan outside UNATCO, or you may recognize the tune someone is whistling on the street. It is icing on the cake of respect they have served up for those who loved the original.

The combat system works, lag is minimal, and you don't feel like you are struggling with the controls constantly. It switches fluidly from first person to third person automatically so you can appreciate your silent take-down or mass destruction.

I require a top-notch story, and I was not disappointed. It seemed like there were usually several ways to solve problems: hacking, leaping across rooftops, crawling through ducts and sewers, tranquilizer darts or sniper rifles.

Somewhere toward the end I realized all the threads were not going to be tied up. How did I not see this coming? The story was complete unto itself, and we may never see Adam Jensen again, but it seems designed for one or more sequels of its own. Just tell me where to pre-order!
  18. Aug 29, 2011
    It is a very nice and atmospheric game. A lot of detail and depth and it makes you feel like you are there. This is extremely rare in today's 6 hours flashy retarded for 8 year olds simple soo called games. Definitely for people with an attention span lasting longer then 5 seconds. This is not a mindless shooter. This is a Thief / System Shock hybrid living up to those great titles.
  19. Aug 29, 2011
    The original Deus ex is my favorite game of all time. As such, I was going into this with a lot of bias - a lot of it being negative, since Warren Spector was not involved in this project. The bottom line, however, is that HR passes with flying colours - it does have a different feel, but Eidos Montreal clearly loved the original, and as such, have paid a lot of respects to it - that, and they learnt a lot from the original too.

The storyline is much in the same vein as the original, but is it's own beast... I think it does well. This is helped by a very richly detailed and immersive world, which really does live up to the pedigree of the original game. It is extremely linear, but such is Deus Ex, and I have absolutely no complaints - to me, it is blasphemy to see some people complain about a "lack of sandbox" here - it is not that kind of game.

Graphics are not as good as I was expecting, however. There're areas where things are a bit lax (some textures, for example) and animation can be annoying and twitchy. In spite of this, the game has a wonderfully unique black & gold aesthetic, which enhances immersion even more! Music is very much ambient, but it works. The gameplay is good, and much the same as the original. I liked how upgrades worked in the original more, but the (purely) augmentation-based system here works just as well, I suppose. A heavier emphasis on hacking is alright, but I'm sad to lockpicks and multitools go - still ,these are the nitpickings of a crazed fan. :) Otherwise, you really are able to pass through levels in your own way, although certain paths will always require more patience! The game does very well in rewarding such exploration, and I think one of the greatest things about this game is that it's a world you'll *want* to explore.

I've given it 8 and not 10 because of some annoying technical issues... I have not had any issue with load times, but I have experienced lots of crashes running Dx11 mode... annoying. The game is buggy as hell, but I'm sure these will be ironed out in time.

Ultimately, this is a wonderful game which I am enjoying thoroughly. Like the original, it is not for everyone... and like the original, it may take a tiny bit of a patience to get to the good stuff, but all the same, this is a game deserving of the "deus ex" title. Coming from me, that says a lot.
  20. Sep 20, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games of the 21 century, really! I havent been so involved into a gameplay and the story of the game since Ive played Metal Gear Solid on my Playstation 1. This game is trully an epic shooter with dozens of elements to chose from. Everyone will find something for himself! If you like games with an awesome story and beutiful art - this game is a MUST HAVE! Incredible, Fascinating, Mind Blowing, you will remember the game like you rememeber one of your favourite movies. I recommend it to all "Game" fans no matter what genre games you play! MUS HAVE! Expand
  21. Mar 23, 2012
    Just loved it! Dense story, GREAT music, loved the stealth action. Really really liked it. The lipsynching wasn't too good but the voices itself were. And naa well, i don't care about the lipsynch. Play it!!
  22. Feb 10, 2013
    average at best.it was one of games when all interest is gone and you just want to complete the game.the same theme through, hack computers, crawl through vents, easy bosses even on hard.it just was a huge overrated failure.
  23. May 26, 2012
    Piece of true art.. For me, game of the year and one of the best games I've ever played. When I saw everyone **** about the first cinematic trailer I thought "Deus Ex? Never heard of it, must be a crap", then, after few days, when I was extremely bored I saw it and I was never, ever more hyped for any kind of game or film or anything. I insta-pre ordered the game and I wasn't disappointed when I played it for the first time. The atmosphere and style is just AMAZING and I mean it, it's something you don't see in any games. The game itself is challenging and kinda hard, which makes this game even more satisfying (I'm always raging when I have to restart from checkpoint for the fifth time, but not in this game). There are always multiple ways to complete the mission which makes it completely non-linear and more fun, even when it's your 2nd or 3rd playthrough. Actually, the only thing I didn't like were the small locations, I hoped to see much bigger cities, just like in the first trailer. The graphics were also not the best, but it wasn't bad either - however it haven't got my very attention while I was playing because the gameplay itself is really good and satisfying. I hope Square Enix will show the sequel on the next E3 or gamescom, it would be my no.1 for the next year. Expand
  24. Mar 12, 2012
    Not living up to the hype. The graphics are bland and subpar for a 2011 AAA title with really ugly textures, the cover controls feel awkward to use, voice acting is below average. Character animations are really bad and repetitive and make the characters unbelievable. The game also suffers from poor AI. When you are detected, enemies start yelling "Hey! Where are you?" for a while and then just walk away as if nothing ever happened. Just after reading the tutorials on combat and stealth - being advised to move dead bodies to a place where they cannot be seen, or else - I shot a guy from a distance, then 4 others ran toward him, hunching over his body, just queueing up for me to shoot them in the back. They didn't do anything when one of their allies dropped to the floor right beside them. Expand
  25. Apr 27, 2013
    A fantastic game, despite its meh graphics it still has nice environments, challenging combat, lenghty 25+ hours)and also a great storyline. Highly recommend it to players that like ARPG's and Stealth games
  26. Jul 22, 2013
    I want to get this review as short as possible, so to make it short. If you like Stealth games then you have nothing to worry about. This is one of the best in the genre, atleast that I've played, and it really reminds me of the good old times with the Thief Series, and later on with the Dishonored game.

The highlights of this game is the voice acting. The open environment. The great AI
    and stealth mechanics. And finally a thrilling story. You have nothing to lose.

However, the game could've been slightly slightly better, by fixing some of the few bugs and making the phase from third to first person better and less solid, for example.

But as said. Compared with the good parts about this game, the bad parts are way dont below the floor. I'd give this game 9.5 if I could, but it's not worth the top score, atleast not with this sequel!
  27. Jul 28, 2014
    Beautiful, terrifying, tragic and delicately human.
    Eidos had something to teach and tell us, a warning, and Deus Ex HR did it perfectly. A must have title and experience.

One of the greatest experiences in the history of virtual entertainment. It raises questions about our race, individuals and business that I think we all need to ask ourselves as we plummet into the 21st century -
    and it does it's predecessors proud. I don't think any fan of the original Deus Ex can complain about Human Revolution - it is a wonderful game.

I never rate anything with a 10, but I couldnt find a reason not to with Deus Ex HR. As for the 0 rating a few weeks before mine - the only people that would not appreciate the sheer brilliance of this game are mindless drones with no heart, Deus Ex Human Revolution is an evocative and touching rollercoaster ride of emotion.
  28. Oct 5, 2014
    People ask me why I hate paying for games. This game is why.

This game is an endless source of frustration. Spend minutes scoping out the guards and lining up perfect shots and what do you get? A bullet hole in the cover instead of a dead or knocked out guard.

This ridiculously serious design flaw makes the game unplayable. The fact that this game is getting good reviews shows just
    how stupid the average gamer is, not proof that it is a good game. Expand
  29. Oct 19, 2011
    A solid game, but something was lacking overall to make this great. The good: The augmentation variety was awesome and fun to play with, the gaming style (Stealth or Guns Blazing) was refreshing, the side quests added to the game in a good way, the graphics and environmental dark and gold tone were awesome, the character dialog was well written, and the weapon variety and upgrading was satisfying. The bad: the story was lacking a little and could have been more captivating by showing and setting up new levels or important situations, there were quite a few loose ends in the story that were never fully explained which was disappointing, the voice acting didn't sync very well with the character's facial animation (almost a travesty sometimes), the connection between the characters was fairly dull and forced (besides Sarif and Jensen), and some of the graphic textures and sky overlays were not good for a DX11 game. Would I buy this game again? Probably, but timing and the release date is everything nowadays. Expand
  30. Aug 29, 2011
    This is one of these games you play to see the story. Not just mindless shooting like COD or BF.
    You make choices in a game to influence the story and that makes it way more interesting (just like ME).
    The atmosphere you were in was brilliantly made and was perfect for the story.
    Graphical it all looked very good but sometimes the lip-sync was off (this **** can happen so no worries).

Although i found this game very good i encountered a lot of frustrating bugs. One of them were game loading crashes.
  31. Oct 17, 2011
    Short review:
    Pros:
    - The player's choices affect the how the story line is approached. Sure, the "main" storyline's not changed by your choices, but how you persuade people and make them do what you want gives you the ability to experience many things in a different way. For example, for the last boss battle, you need to persuade someone to make the boss battle easier. The more time you
    spend exploring the little vents and secret places, the more you will experience from the story and perhaps it will help you.
    - Your augmentations or "skill tree" helps your style of playing in many ways. There are times when you regret for not picking a certain augmentation and there are times when you go "damn good thing I picked up that augmentation", because not all of the augmentations get unlocked at the end of the game.
    - The usefulness of everything, from minor to major stuffs. From picking up a "note" and getting a password, to upgrading your hacking skills, nothing gets left behind at the trash can. Truly marvelous.
    - The combat system for certain battles. Yes, most of them are just cover and shoot, but this can be accomplished in many ways, either by buying upgrades and augmentations or by hacking things to reverse-engineer robots. Really damn fun and exhilarating
    - Minigames. They are lovely. Never repetitive enough to bore me.
    - The story. Oh my God, the story's really damn amazing. It is like the most dramatic storyline I've ever seen in an FPS.
    - Persuasion system. The persuasion system is the best thing about the game. Analyzing the situation you're dealing with and persuading someone to help you, best stuff ever. Various stuffs you must understand and keep a lookout for to make sure you win the persuasion.
    - Sounds are awesome, enough said.
    - The HUDs, well, they're damn WELL-DESIGNED, on par with Crysis's

Cons:
    - As many have said before, the characters' facial expressions are too "stiff" and repetitive, like a robot. Nevertheless, their body gestures are variable and observing them helps us a lot. - The graphics by most are "above average" and gets a raw metascore of 7. If you're looking for the "best" graphics, then you're better off buying another game. However, due to the "polished" nature of the game, the supposed above-average graphics turn into a really good graphic experience. You know who to shoot and who's a civilian.
    - No open roaming of the game when it's all over. Doesn't really bother me, but I think it's disappointing to know that there's no free-roaming when it's all over.
  32. Jan 8, 2013
    I'm going to start off saying that this game is for mature players. Not in the fact that there is blood and gore, but the fact that this game explores human morality; something few games like to touch on.

I'll start off with the bad first. The game demands A LOT from your computer, performance wise, only to give you mediocre graphics. The controls for the game were not very well
    mapped and there were also some redundant features. That being said, the reason why I gave such a high rating was due to how well the story and side stories were told. Deus Ex offers so much in depth content about the people, the environment and the technology. I also have to say that the story was very well paced and it didn't really have many dry spots. The open endedness of the game gives the player much more freedom (ie. there are multiple ways to complete parts of the story).

So, if you are still debating on buying the game, especially two years after its release, get it. It only costs $20.00 on steam.
  33. Aug 25, 2011
    I couldn't play past the first hour. -You can't scope aim unless you're up against a crate, even if its more advantageous to be out in the open. -Blind fire almost never hit the target. Even when in fairly close range -The tranq dart didn't even have a reticle when aiming (at least it didn't for me on the PC version) making it damn near useless. How the hell do I hit the enemy?? -Enemy handguns never had more than a single bullet in them
    -Melee takedowns require battery and if you don't have enough charge, it will deny you the right to use them even if you are a second from death.
    -You can't take more than a few hits before you get the raspberry blood screen and have to go back through the loading screen. A challenge is a challenge but this combined with all of the above is infuriating.

As someone who tries to play stealthy but just can't, I got into a lot of gunfights.
    The combat is so unbelievably bad, crippling you and your ability to dispose of bad guys.
    Nothing could drag me back to play this again.
    I hear the story is pretty good though.
  34. Aug 24, 2011
    I'll keep this pretty brief because others here have already described Deus Ex: Human Revolution a lot better than I can....

This is the best game I've played this year. I'm giving it a 10 not because it's perfect (no game is 'perfect') but because it represents the ceiling in modern gaming -- this is what other video games should aspire to be in 2011. Human Revolution allows and
    encourages player experimentation and freedom. There is no 'right' way to play it, be it good, evil, stealthy, talky, actiony, or any combination thereof. The level design is freeform and there is always more than route to your objectives. The dialogue writing is solid, and the plot is compelling. The augmentation system is fantastic, and if you choose intelligently you can make Adam Jensen whatever kind of superhuman you want him to be. Minor quibbles include some spotty voice acting and stiff animations, but neither detracts from the fact that this a strong game of the year contender. I recommend this to just about anyone who likes video games. There's something in it for everybody. Expand
  35. Aug 26, 2011
    Sat there and sat there and sat there, wondering if I should really buy this game, and believe me I know $49.99...ugh I don't want to pay that, but trust me, this is an absolute masterpiece. The graphics are incredible, so much so, that the in game graphics are even better than most cut-scenes in the game, and the cut-scenes are beautiful. The game mechanics are practically flawless, the game does an excellent job at allowing you to choose your own course of action, stealth, assault, mix, you name it. I, being a Splinter Cell lover, prefer the stealth approach, and trust me the mechanics of this game bring nostalgia of playing the old Splinter Cell games, a feeling that no game to date has even come close to filling. And to top it off, the storyline and overall immersion the game makes you feel is top notch, far superior than most movies. It's an art, buy it. Expand
  36. Apr 10, 2012
    To be quite honest, I bought this game because it was on sale, having no real hopes of it being anything more than a 10 hour distraction . Well, my first play through ran 25 hours and I'm debating if I want to dive in again because the game is just that engrossing.

Graphically, there isn't much to brag on here. HR does suffer from consolization, but the overall look and feel of the
    game is excellent. The atmosphere of all the game locations is interesting and compelling enough to make you want to snoop around to try and find all the different things hidden.

Sound is done well, if not slightly repetitive. The soundtrack itself is good, but again, not stellar. Voice acting is done particularly well and helps drive the narrative along. Interaction with side quest NPCs made me want to go do their tasks instead of just seeing them as XP dispensers.

Combat was much more in depth than I thought it would be - the cover system takes a little getting used to and a long time to completely master, but the options are vast. You can roll through killing everything and everyone or you can go secret squirrel style and avoid gun fights if you want. The game has a way of rewarding your choices for achieving difficult tasks, which led me to replay some scenarios to see how I could do it differently.

The RPG Skill Tree is adequate - depending on how you play the game, you can end up with many different abilities. I was slightly disappointed that you can basically max everything out if you are really trying, but completionists can have a field day with it.

I'd give this a 9.5 if I could, it just lacks a little graphical wow and polish, but this is an excellent buy and something you can really put your teeth into. Highly recommended.
  37. Aug 30, 2011
    This game has a lot to live up to... and sadly, just like 'Deus Ex - Invisible War', it fails. At least Invisible war had Deus Ex creator, Warren Spector onboard and shared many similarities with the original. With this release, Eidos have completely redone Deus ex and taken very little (apart from a few key role play elements) from the original title. I get the distinct feeling that the small similarities were done for the sake of novelty. I have to say that this game has a very distinct feel to it, very different from anything else I've ever played. This is one area where I feel that Eidos deserve some praise. The level designs and their respective aesthetics are not exactly consistent with the Deus Ex franchise, but are nice. Unfortunately, Human Revolution is let down by the story, which feels watered down and all over the place. In fact, from a narrative perspective, it is an utter mess. I did not empathise with ANY of the parties involved and was left feeling that the whole game was soulless. The story was nothing short of trivial, stupid and unfulfilling, leaving many flimsy or entirely loose ends in its wake. If I was a developer, I would have thrown the script where it belongs - the trash. Expand
  38. Aug 23, 2011
    I strongly recommend the game, because of the great atmosphere, story and interactive choices. I also enjoyed the dialogue, combat abilities and the music. Overall, it's just plain fun.

However, there are a few points which I dislike. For instance, the textures and facial structure of many characters seem inelegant. Secondly, the spray from the guns is uneasy and somewhat annoying. My
    biggest complaint has to be the controls for the cover system. It is poorly optimized (or so it seems) and a tad nettlesome. Expand
  39. Sep 2, 2011
    Like others have said 'captures the original almost perfectly' Were it falls short of the original it makes up for it with well incorporated additions.
    To those writing bad reviews, that's fine, you dont like it; but 'Bad Game?' just look at the positive reviews from newcomers and die hard Deus Ex fans across the net. Perhaps you should ask yourselves 'do I have bad taste?' The game
    definitely has its flaws (FMVs in particular) but, like the original, most newcomers will rarely appreciate the depth of Deus Ex until they have persisted with it. Expand
  40. Jan 31, 2012
    As someone who is very attracted to infiltration games, wherein players can choose how to approach given situations--either by storm or stealth--"Deus Ex Human Revolution" did not disappoint me. The added bonus is that it also has mystery and conspiracy, which I also have a deep appreciation for.

Note that I never played either the original "Deus Ex" or "Invisible War", so my opinion is
    not informed by any past experience with the prequels; and this is not a review or an expose on the features of the game, but a surface-level stream-of-consciousness jotting of a quick thought with the intention of merely scoring it.

I hated on it at first. It really took a while for me to warm up to the game as I thought it was pretty dull in the beginning, but by the time I got to Hengsha, I started to really enjoy "Human Revolution". This at a time in my life where even games I used to enjoy seem stale to me and I've all but stopped playing games. So I think that says something for the appeal of the game. I have yet to finish as I take month-long breaks, but every time I play, I never feel disappointed. The infiltration aspect is par excellence--Up there with the MGS and SC games and the challenge is worthwhile. The environments, although over-abundantly 'gold', still possess quite a bit of atmosphere. And the story can be very engrossing at times.

What I didn't care for at all were the boss battles. I suppose some of the inspiration for them may have come from the MGS series, but they were nowhere near as fitting or engaging. They just seemed like clumsy add-ons to a game that would have been fine other wise. What's really disappointing about them however is that in a throw-down between two seriously OP transhumans, you would think the fights would be as epic as something out of a high-octane anime. But alas, they were little more than predictable shootouts.

O well. Overall, the seratonin in my brain was much healthier playing "HR" than it has been playing games of late, so the devs done something right.

Play it.
  41. Aug 23, 2011
    When I began playing this game I had my doubts being such a big fan of the original. Now, 5 hours into the game I have been able to dig deep into the core and see what play "Human Revolution" is truly like, and it is good. I feel like they captured the original perfectly. From the moment you begin playing HR you realize this REALLY is the new Deus Ex, not some cheap knock of made to make money. The cover system really enhanced the way I was able to go through levels. The tiny details made me feel like I was not only killing and knocking out bad guys, but actually uncovering secrets I wasn't supposed to know. If you are a fan of the original or FPS games in general, I *highly* recommend this game.

You might ask if this game actually deserves a perfect score. The reason I gave it one is because it does everything a game should, immerses you into a world and allows you to connect with the characters. The action is unyielding and exciting, while the story is better then most movies. This game deserves the 10 I gave it because it delivered on the promise of giving me a new game in the series just as good as the original.
  42. Sep 1, 2011
    This is a fantastic game that almost lives up to the standard set by the original. Anyone who finds the gameplay boring is obviously doing something wrong, because the player maintains complete control over how they play. Although some of the minor characters have stiff models and voices, the game as a whole is quite pretty both visually and audio-wise. Looking at some of the other reviews here, you have to keep in mind that the game has several endings depending on choices made by the player, and although the players choices aren't as important as they were in the original, they do still affect the plot in a more realistic manner than even Mass Effect. Fantastic game. Buy it. Expand
  43. Aug 29, 2011
    Let me sum this up in a sentence. The game is OK. Do I think it was one of those titles that you immediately go out and buy and give in to the hype? No. This is a game you wait a year to go on sale on steam for like 20 or 30 bucks. When the game first starts off its pretty engaging and you start getting into it a little, thinking "Wow this is gonna be awesome.' The storyline and cutscenes are interesting and easy to follow. The soundtrack is by far one of my favorite things in the game, the music fits the world of Deus-Ex perfectly and it sounds great. But come to find out the bottom line is its just another cookie cutter stealth game tailored to the console market. Graphics, while still pleasing, are pretty dated (which just further backs up the fact that it is a console game). But graphics are not why I bought this game. Having played the first one years ago I expected a lot of the RPG/FPS hybrid elements from that game to have been revived or have evolved in this game. Sadly the character development is very disappointing. It is missing a lot of the RPG elements that made the first one so great. The storyline is OK but isnt enough to make up for the dumbing down of the character development. The game progresses nicely, however it feels too linear, and the environments are wayyyy too cramped. The cover system is nice but unfortunately you are pretty much forced to use it if you choose not to ninja your way through every objective, which makes for a pretty repetitive combat experience. Once you level up your typhoon, stealth, and icarus landing system it does offer you the option of some interesting combos that looks pretty neat but your power runs out so quickly its hard to execute them quickly enough. I have so far made it to the second city, but I can already tell this game does not come anywhere near to giving the series any justice. Nothing innovative or groundbreaking here, like I said just another flashy futuristic cookie cutter stealth game tailored toward an inferior console market with dumbed down game mechanics for the more "casual" players. Not what I expected from a Deus Ex title. Although judging from the last one, that seems to be where they are heading. After a week of playing through every day for a few hours or so Im already starting to get bored with it. Expand
  44. Sep 5, 2011
    A worthy successor to the first Deus Ex. I've played a lot of RPG games, but never actually "cared" so much about the story line and characters as I did in Deus Ex. Gameplay moves very smoothly, AI is pretty good, and overall its very entertaininig. Probably the only small problems Id say are that in terms of Upgrade Paths, some of the bosses can be disproportionately challenging if you have gone more stealthy, and I found that there were pretty much a core set of needed upgrades, and the rest were kind of fluff. That aside, this is still by far the best game I've played in a long time. Highly recommend it. Expand
  45. Sep 6, 2011
    Great game and one of the best rpg games out now. I really hope the near future is like this in the way that when you walk down to the subway platform the train rolls up on command. My problem with the game is the constant go here - do that mission setup. I run around exploring rooms only to find when i go pick up my next mission (halfway across the map) I need to return to where I just was exploring. Or you complete a mission for someone and they send you back to the same spot to dig deeper. Expand
  46. Sep 6, 2011
    One of the best games I have played in a long time. I believe the game has to be played in its entirety to unleash the full experience. The plot takes a white to surface and the conversations are lengthy, but both are minor hiccups in an amazing game!
  47. Sep 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To put it mildly......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... **** EPIC! Expand
  48. Sep 13, 2011
    This game failed to keep my interest.

- The radiosity was really bad. Lacked color bounce and soft shadows I found that to be hurting the immersion of the game. - The hacking puzzles although maby good on paper, became really annoying and I started to begrudge them.

- The AI was stupid and predictable like the AI I've seen on similar PSone games made 10 years ago like syphon filter or
    metal gear.

By the time I got to the China hub, I lost interest completely and stopped playing. That was like a week ago. still haven't finished the game. I feel like I just wasted my 50 dollars.
  49. Sep 13, 2011
    The first thing I must say that I am new to the Deus Ex franchise, and I didn't played the original. Another thing I must say that I am thrilled with originality of Human Revolution. I like the graphic style, the music is fantastic, only small criticisms go to the AI and exaggeration in the battle against the bosses.
  50. Jan 1, 2012
    READ SYRIK 117 persons agree with him . This is a boring games . Undevoted workmanship ! employees doing the danse that the Boss want to see ! if it was an Indi i would have give it a 7 , but from a big cie and tons of cash spent a big ZERO .
  51. Sep 21, 2011
    The fact that you have to grind in this game to get levels may be annoying, but having more than one way to get that experience and having those methods tied into the feel of the game saved it from what could have been a bad mechanic. I really think it should have had a reset button for your skills though, going around with a particular skill set and then figuring out that none of them will help where you're at is a bit annoying at times, but those times are scarce enough not to matter too much. The AI isn't all that bright but you do have to think in combat situations as you die quickly if you botch it up. I admired the appearance of the game, despite what others may think I thought it adhered to the feel of the game rather well. Expand
  52. Oct 8, 2011
    I think it's a good game at all. It has a good storyline, good game play, and a good atmosphere. The music is great and world of the game is well designed. But it could have been better in AI, and should have better graphics. The enemy's AI is really dumb, and the graphics especially the textures in the world are sometimes really low quality.
    But the game brings on very serious problems
    that humanity is already facing right now.
    I would give it 6 or 7 points but the ending is so great, I give it 8 points.
  53. Oct 11, 2011
    Human Revolution might have been my favorite game of 2011 if not for the constant lockups . considering I've played through several games on my current pc with zero issues including ' Rage', this must be a Deus Ex problem. Nevertheless I completed the game, and would recommend it to anyone who likes a good story driven adventure you can play the way you want. stealth , espionaige, or all guns blazing.... Expand
  54. Oct 15, 2011
    Awesome game, thoroughly enjoyed it and played it through twice (2nd run was no kills for achievement), my only criticisms would be the inventory and some slightly wooden voice acting.
  55. Oct 23, 2011
    great storyline,Love the Characters of this game,love the way how to complete an Objective,I like exploring on this game,The Inventory system make me feel nostalgia when I played RE 4,I love that too.there's separate story if we make wrong/other choices.that make me play this game again and again.the Augmented upgrade yess that's Cool,the cons of this game is just the graphic, I really dissapointed when first time I played this game.the graphic is kinda different from it's trailler Expand
  56. Nov 1, 2011
    Consolidis shows through quite badly (how hard would it be to just let the PC guys download hires-texture packs and high-definition model packs?) but I was blown away by Eidos Montreal's vision and execution. Refresingly DE: HR manages to avoid cutscene worshippery and let's the player do the decisions.
  57. Nov 10, 2011
    A really nice, well made game. I didn't enjoy the original one that much but the trailer set up the hype for me. And rarely any games meet up with the hype. Totally deserves a 9 from me
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    Spent 27 hours on this game - that including most side missions done. The story is exciting and takes many surprising turns, and overall the gameplay is also very impressive and smooth. However some of the boss battles were a bit frustrating compared to the rest of the game, although they obviously only play a minor role compared to the rest of the game. Otherwise the game is very "pre-determined", in that it's not open world or anything. You sometimes get a few choices, but in the end, there seems to be only a hand full of outcomes.
    All in all the game is great and definitely worth it.
  59. Nov 15, 2011
    It lives up the Deus Ex name, full of great. with a slight glitch hear and there but not enough to keep you from enjoying a great story and gameplay. simply worth its retail price.
  60. Jan 18, 2012
    This is very atmospheric game. Level desigh looks very good(no-linear). Soundtrack is EPIC and gameplay great and It is a lot of passage variants, with a stealth and without. This game is epic. Instant Buy.
  61. Jan 15, 2012
    Pretty bad. While the graphics are reasonably good, the frame rate is absolutely terrible even on a reasonably fast computer (5750, i5-2500). Lots of random slowdowns, and 5-10 fps out in Detroit. If you don't like stealth games, you won't like this game; the FPS and RPG angles are pretty poorly done. I stopped playing after about 4 hours.
  62. Jun 23, 2013
    My personal favorite of 2011. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a very long time. The game is driven both by its fantastic story and its wonderful gameplay. The world itself was easy to get immersed in and I thought they created one of the best near future settings in science fiction. The games style reminded me very much of another brilliant title, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and that is a rare treat in this era of drab linear shooters and incoherent open worlds. Expand
  63. Jul 6, 2012
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution does not quite match up to the original Deus Ex, but that fact does not make this prequel a bad game. The story is entertaining enough to get the player through the game, although it is not spectacular. The settings are varied enough to keep the player interested. The quests offer some variety thanks to the dynamic gameplay. The player often has choices as to how he/she wants to complete an objective. Stealth, pacifism, combat-- all ways the player can play through. The story is slightly affected by character choices, although only the end is really changed. at the end of the day, this game is part of the Deus Ex series. As such, the game is an entertaining role-playing shooter. I definitely recommend this game. Expand
  64. Jul 21, 2012
    A masterpiece! Game is simply great in every aspect: graphic, music, storyline, combat. I played it long ago but still listen its soundtrack on YouTube=)
  65. Aug 30, 2012
    Very solid game. It is almost as good as Deus EX 1 and Deus EX 1 was truly a masterpiece. If you like cyberpunk do not hesitate any moment to try this game.
  66. Sep 25, 2012
    Overall I enjoyed this game. Being a fan of the RPG genre, I was a little disappointed with the augmentations spec. I feel RPG's should force to you to make meaningful decisions on your choices, but I did not necessarily feel that with Human Revolution. In the beginning, objectives can be met in multiple ways and in the end I unlocked all augmentations minus the pointless ones. Despite what I read from others saying there is a ton of replayability from this game, I don't see any since my character spec was ultimately irrelevant throughout the game. Looking past this, however, I still did enjoy this game. The game play was solid and the story line was one of the first I've come across in a while that was actually compelling. Expand
  67. Dec 9, 2012
    Je sanctionne la réalisation tout juste pitoyable; des maps d'une taille ridicule; les pnj en plus d'être statiques n'ont aucune personnalité, quasiment aucune interaction n'est possible. C'est vide ; le level design est celui d'un jeu sorti dans les années 90. Rentrer dans une pièce fortifiée ? Il suffit de pousser la caisse qui cachait un énorme trou dans le mur ....Passer une armée d'ennemi ? Rien de plus simple prenez le premier échaffaudage qui se présente; sautez de plateforme en plateforme jusqu'a l'autre bout de la piece ....
    Meme les rares lieux d'habitation n'ont pas pu etre modélisés correctement; les couloirs des immeubles sont aussi larges que les rues de la ville; le mobilier est générique. En créant une maison sur minecraft j'arrive a faire mieux.
    Jeu sur-noté et très largement.
  68. Jan 2, 2013
    It's 10/10

Strong and believable story, no useless augmentation, about 3 different types to play the game, incredible considered maps. It's a pure miracle that someone took the very old masterpiece and made ... another masterpiece with his own ideas, thoughts. Every single character in it has it's very own life story with his own problems and beliefs. Jensen is not the center of the
    universe and a lot of thongs going on around him without stopping and asking how Jensen want them to happen. The game without a single weak point except (maybe) bosses. And did you hear that music in the game? It's just amazingly cool! You do not want to miss it, believe me. Expand
  69. Mar 24, 2013
    The soundtrack is truly awesome. Adam Jensen is a pretty awesome and like-able character. The ending is so-so, but I'm still giving the game a 10 because the story is great otherwise and it's one of the best PC games I've ever played.
  70. Mar 20, 2013
    Engaging Storyline, cyber punk visual effects, and important rpg elements brings you a pre-quel set in various countries. DEUS EX HUMAN REVOLUTION! With techo beat soundtracks and amazing trailers will bring players as they discover the secrets and conspiracy of the Aluminati and cooperates. Weird edgy controls and off lip-sync animation makes that game so much more alive. Large variety of weapons can be stored in Leon Kennedy's suit case from resident evil 4. Awkward third person to first person cover system makes mouse and keyboard users feel awkward about themselves as they questioned themselves what makes this game so hard to play. A revolutionary ending that disturbs other game that they literally destroyed the entire trilogy (mass effect). The main character complaining that he has been agumented back to life, but seriously though everyone just makes fun of him. DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION. Expand
  71. Jul 24, 2013
    There is not much to say about Deus Ex: Human Revolution exept almost perfect.
    the story is compelling to its end, the world is interesting not only from a story based view but also from a philosdophical standpoint.
    the only real problem I with the game I have is the lip synch which is ABLOSUTELY TERRIBLE UGH!!! HOW CAN THEY MAKE SUCH A PRETTY GAME AND THEN UP THE LIPSYNC SO HARD?

anyway I totally ecommend it to a full extend
  72. Aug 14, 2013
    really entertaining!
    this game creates a real atmosphere and at some points you cant stop playing playing, like when you read a good book. The hours fly away
  73. Jan 22, 2014
    Highest on my best games ever list. It has a bunch of minor issues as others pointed out, but the characters, the story telling and the multiple ways to solve problems are things rarely seen in any game ever. OTOH, if you like your story easy to grasp and your characters clear cut good or bad, this game is not for you.
  74. Nov 20, 2013
    This game epitomises how marketing can fool people into thinking that a game worth nothing more than a zero is worth a 10.
    Obviously the people that gave this a 10 are either console players who have not played good games in their lives or just plain idiots, who got fooled by the marketing and pretty trailer.
    The graphics are terrible, the game play felt stiff, old and just annoying, the
    voice acting is terrible, the story is boring and everything about this game is terrible.
    Luckily I did not buy this game, otherwise I would have come here and gave it a 10 just to convince myself that I did not waste the money.
    After 1 hour of playing, I closed the game and un-installed it.
    Please do not buy this piece of shiit. If you feel like you have to buy it and play it, then download it from torrent websites, the installation process is very easy.
  75. Nov 27, 2013
    In Deus Ex Human Revolution you play as Adam Jensen, and must uncover the truth behind conspiracies and twists in a future Detroit. This future is not only beautiful, but also rich and interesting, and as the plot progresses you will become more and more involved with the game. There are many missions available to the player (some that are required to advance in the story, others that are entirely optional), and the game gives you a lot of freedom on how to decide to finish them. You can talk to the right people and manipulate them to make everything easier, go straight to the point by engaging enemies in combat, silently take them out one by one, or evade them completely. To help make things a little easier, there are many different upgrades available for you and your weapons, and you'll want them. As you advance through the game, you'll not only face more difficult missions with increasingly numbers of stronger enemies, but also boss battles. These boss battles can be frustrating, and they feel terribly out of place. Unlike the rest of the game, there is no freedom here. All you can do is grab the best weapons you've got, shoot, and run.

Overall, this is a great, memorable game, and no boss battle can change that.

Good Points: Variety, beautiful game world, great characters
    Bad Points: Boss battles
  76. Oct 11, 2011
    The audo delay problem hasn't been fixed in one and a half month among with another technical difficulties. Unplayable with continous delay of any sound effect.
  77. Aug 23, 2011
    This game is utter brilliance.
    A worthy successor to the original game in every way and its what invisible war should have been.

The "black and gold" aesthetic is brilliant and gives the game a unique atmosphere. The game is also extremely immersive. Sucking you in immediately and never letting go. And don't make the mistake of thinking this is a port. Oh no. Eidos Went all out to please
    (he unpleasable) pc gamers. Everything from full DX11 support and FoV is all there. The controls are spot on. And if you want, you can map anything to what ever you want. So for does of you who have gaming mouses or other gaming peripherals with extra mappable buttons. This should be good news to you. Expand
  78. Oct 31, 2011
    Top 5 games. I just love this game, thou stealth is not normally my favorite option. You can do only stealth, try to talk your way of off it or combat. Also cool side quest, a movie like plot/story which is amazing. The aug system is awesome, and you can really build your character. I would like to compare it with bioshock, which is truly amazing too. The graphics are also cool. If you like singlerplayer games its a mjst buy. The game is modarete long, took me 10 hours, without sidequest. The game is not perfect put very close. I would give it 9.7 with bioshock on 9.8 half-life 9.89. Expand
  79. Oct 14, 2011
    Pretty much a revamp of the original deus ex. Same atmosphere, stooopid AI, flat bland textures, air ducts, hacking... But all said, it's mildly enjoyable. Surprising the lousy framerate I get with such blah textures. Other games do much better..
  80. Aug 26, 2011
    A breath of fresh air in the stagnant abyss that is the majority of multiplatform gaming these days. True to the excellent original whilst maintaining it own identity, This will be one of the games of the year.
  81. Aug 28, 2011
    Amazing game, would recommend it to anyone, easily one of the best RPG's you will ever play. The game is so multilateral in how you can approach something its astounding, you can go through the entire game without killing/harming a single person via stealth if you so choose, or you can kill each and every single person, or anything you can think of in between.

The story is extremely
    engrossing and the melding of stealth/hacking/shooting/augments/cover all into one make it great, it also has a reasonable large choice of guns and a huge selection of upgrades for all of them, as well as the augment differences making it have large replay ability due to the different ways to approach tasks. Expand
  82. Sep 14, 2011
    The good: I enjoyed the plot, side quests, hacking minigame (initially), and don't regret playing it as a whole,but there is some flaws. The bad: Graphics ..are just ok, it's repetitive and with a lack of detail, optimized for a slow console perhaps? Noticed no difference with Dx11. Game play .. is somehow too easy, even when playing on hardest, as covers = imba, and guards, even after you throw a grenade their way, will assume it's nothing when the 30 seconds hard timer is up, and besides, hardly even bother come search after you when you're noticed even. (Prefer stealth mechanics as in Metro 2033).
    The 3rd person cinematic for takedowns and fall implant breaks up the flow and becomes irritating, the cover mode/look however, is cool. The different approaches, so much spoken of, feels like a repetition over and over, with air ducts, hackable door locks or brute force. The ugly*:
    Finally, the end credits, it feels like I'm visiting some distant relatives which is having a slideshow of people I care nothing about. To be harsh, it breaks the immersion I had in the game, and becomes everything but a reward for finishing.

* Just having fun, they are all like super model looking. Lots of implants I'm sure.
  83. Aug 26, 2011
    Deus Ex: HR is undoubtedly one of the best recent games I've played. The stealth gameplay really shines, though I found the gunplay fun as well. The side quests and moral choices presented are meaningful, and have long-reaching implications. Dialogue is thoughtful and interesting. Exploring the city hubs is very fun as well, if you enjoy that kind of thing. The story and setting are also magnificent- fans of the first game won't be disappointed.

Unfortunately, the game is not without flaws. The boss fights are practically unbearable, but few. Also, a great deal of the augmentations are related to hacking, and given the vast number of doors/computers/whatnot to hack, not upgrading this path doesn't really seem like a viable option. Thankfully, the hacking mini-game is pretty entertaining. The energy system for using augments is also kind of weird, but not terrible.... I still haven't really made up my mind on it. The graphics are also a little less dazzling than I'd expected.

Ultimately, this game stays very true to its roots, and the many of the changes made are for the better. Even for all its minor flaws, this game falls just a shade under the greatness of the original.
  84. Sep 11, 2011
    Lots of LOVE put into this game........just....cant......stop...playing!!! Same feel as the original. You can see by the credits that Eidos have assembled a substantial team to bring us a MASTERPIECE!
  85. Aug 31, 2011
    The game it's awesome good story probably the best SE work in the past 5 years i was scared about another failure like dragon age 2 or "sigh" another FF where the name of the game was all the fun but this game is intense good and exciting
  86. Sep 3, 2011
    There will always be people who can't see past the "not so great" elements of a game, and let's face it, there are no games that have no "not so great" elements. This game is not a FPS and there will definitely be people who don't "get it", I don't mean that as an insult, it's just a personal preference. For me, I was a big fan of the 1st Deus Ex, I still rate it as my fav game ever (and it's not like that game didn't have some bugs and shoddy animations), this game is a worth successor, it just clicked for me, there is more then enough good and occasional excellent elements for the little bugs and the not so great animations to not matter. Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    One of the best in its field. i never got into Deus ex nor the follow up for some reason but this is it man.its a little short but in summary : Close to perfection.
  88. Oct 19, 2011
    In short, this game is amazing, i personally didn't likehow they made it more...console player friendly, but it also added al sort of great things, the gameplay is amazing, graphics are not as good as i expected, but they also got very inteligent design from time to time and graphics are the last thing you should review about any deus ex game, because thats not the magic in them... the story is pretty good, the controlls are critisized a lot, but they're actually pretty good for a game of this style, most of the compaint about this game are from pc players not accepting console elements, or console players not accepting pc gaming elements.

Now, it is not a 10 game because it had many technical isssues, like the voice acting, once you play mass effect you discover how good voice acting can be in videogames, the unexpresive characters,the complicated references and a little confusing story make this game hard to play from time to time, but for once in the market, this game makes you think! If you don't complain about irrelevant things such as graphics and controlls (btw, there's key mapping, so anyone telling you the pc controlls are bad is either dumb or didn't gave enough time to the game.) you can easily enjoy this game!
  89. Nov 8, 2011
    Ugly graphics, terrible voice acting, clunky controls, crappy AI, rubbish xp system.. This game epitomises how the console era is holding back pc gaming.. I miss the times when PC games ruled
  90. Aug 29, 2011
    As close as you can get to matching the original which Eidos and Ion Storm threw at us in 2000. Classic one-liners, freedom of choice gameplay, beautiful visuals, incredible story and character development, and a vision of the year 2027 that brings to me an endless list of anticipations. If you are a fan of the masterpiece Deus Ex, then you will have no problems with the third installment in the series and my personal candidate for Game of the Year- Deus Ex Human Revolution. Expand
  91. Oct 4, 2011
    I do not understand what I was carried away in this game ... There is nothing that I love, but ... I was fascinated by the game. Though then I realized that the game is definitely not for me, and she cons abound.
  92. Jan 3, 2012
    Man, for the first few hours this game was amazing. It's almost a perfect game. However there are way too many bugs that cause me to waste time starting over. This is the most frustrating thing ever.
  93. Sep 3, 2011
    A had an awesome time playing it. Despite some minor faults, the game is beautiful, with a great storyline, well it's very entertaining!
    Still there is room for improvement, the fact the you have to be very close to the objects to use them is kind annoying, and the end is kindda silly.
  94. Oct 7, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a thrilling and engaging title, but it falls just short of perfect. The story, characters and voice-acting are easily its strongest points. These are backed by solid game play that stays true to the original. The explorers among us won't be disappointed either -- the game's scenery is nothing short of beautiful, and riddled with hidden areas. Unfortunately, the game forces the player into a small number of 'boss' encounters which are not conducive to certain play styles. Stealthy players in particular will find themselves having to put aside their silenced munitions in favor of high explosives for a short time. This, combined with several small, but irksome graphical quirks (ie. take-downs on seated NPCs) will occasionally interrupt an otherwise perfect experience of total immersion. However, these minor blemishes won't sway one's opinion of the game in any major way. It's still an absolutely amazing title. Expand
  95. Aug 23, 2011
    A truly outstanding dark and gritty, cyberpunk, action role-playing experience. This title by Eidos Montreal lives up to the hype and then some. Whether you're a fan of the sci-fi, role-playing, first person/third person shooter, or the stealth-action genre Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the game for you.
  96. Aug 26, 2011
    This game has everything a RPG or Sci-fi lover would enjoy. There is a depth of plot, a dozen ways to approach almost any obstacle, engaging physics, and entertaining story-altering choices. If you agree with me that the original Deus Ex was one of the best PC games ever made, then trust me when I say this will not disappoint. About the trolls who complained about this â
  97. Aug 27, 2011
    This game is so great - If a game can be Art - This is. Great (!) story and gameplay. It will make you thinking about future and technology. The greatest game since 11 years :-) THX Eidos

I hope we'll get DLC soon :-)
  98. Aug 30, 2011
    Excellent game , 10 out of 10. By far the best game to have come out this year until time of writing. The atmosphere is rivals that of Arkham Asylum or is perhaps even better. The story is great and really pulls you into it. It is also one of the only games in which I have actually had a hard time making decisions in the different shades of grey. Plus, I find that the conversation system should receive some extra praise, it it done in a truly magnificent way. Expand
  99. Sep 7, 2011
    Ah! Deus Ex...it's been too long. Come take a seat by the fire, light a pipe and have a dram with me. That's the way I felt as I let my suspension of disbelief take hold and allowed myself to become fully immersed in the world of Adam Jensen. I decided early on to play in a specific style of stealth and pacifism which the experience system virtually pushes you towards right from the beginning. I was pleased to see that they dropped the easy, medium, and hard mode selection in lieu of a "Story", "Challenge", and "Deus Ex" option. It's like looking in the fridge and seeing a bottle of rotgut whiskey and chocolate milk...we all choose chocolate milk occasionally and that's fine. I think this is a great way to allow casual players to enter into the game without feeling like they are cheesing out by selecting easy. I chose Deus Ex mode because I enjoy the extra fear from knowing you are two shots away from death at any time. Truth be told this is not a hard game even on Deus Ex, but it is an extremely rewarding one if you are willing to put the time into it which it deserves. A lot of people have commented on the lack of depth from the first Deus Ex, and I would have to agree. There's just not as much continuity and interconnected plot lines. Not only that, the play style and experience system is very silly. You get far more experience by finding every code for every door/computer (from the exploration rewards, not the actual codes in most cases), yet still hacking the consoles. In fact, this game toes the line of monotony so much so that without the great cast of characters and gripping plot, I would give the game mechanics a meh score at best. If you strip away all the story, the game would essentially be: enter area, look around area, sneak to security hub, hack security, disable guards, explore entire area and hack everything, rinse, repeat. Again, you don't have to play this way, but with that much experience just waiting for you to collect it, how can you ignore it? I can tell you now that I would play much differently in hindsight because at the end I was literally just putting points into skills which I would never really use. To be honest, you only need about one third of the skills, and about half of them are nice to have and the rest are just one time useful/gimmicky skills. So you don't have to scratch every surface and turn every rock over, and don't be afraid that you will be underpowered at the end. There are a few skills, in fact, that completely nullify major enemy game mechanics, essentially turning you into a demigod. Sort of silly that a character build can have that much effect. Combat or lack there of is very well done. Sneaking and disabling your opponents is very fulfilling on many levels. I successfully completed the game without killing any non-essential people, and I have to say that I felt like a good fellow inside. In comparison games like Space Marine which, albeit true to the mythology of the story, pride themselves on violence as a religion, Deus Ex allows you to feel connected to the well-being of the people who inhabit the world. Strangely enough, I found that not killing people is actually rewarding. Who'd have thunk? To return to the actual game mechanics, weapons are well thought out, and once you upgrade certain items to your specifications and combine them with the proper skill trees, you will find that you can handle almost every situation with precision and relative ease. I can't count how many times Deus Ex presents the user with situations where there are dozens of potential ways of completing a mission, all of which are completely viable. In certain places, I feel that Deus Ex is almost a combat sandbox. Do you want your sandbox to be filled with blood and bullet casings or left as untouched as possible? Heck do what I did, save all the time and experiment. That's really where I found the most joy in playing. I was able to answer all of the "what if I did this?" questions. To start where I began, for many of us geezers, playing Deus Ex is like bringing an old friend back in your life. Depending on how you play, you can turn this game in to a bit of a grindfest, but that is completely unnecessary. It's a wonderful story, a harrowing one even as it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities. It certainly will make me think twice about ordering that first augmentation... Expand
  100. Sep 8, 2011
    A great game and well worth a play through. The soundtrack is fantastic, the story isn't bad, and the character you play is a dude. I also really liked the art neuveau style clothing and indoor architecture used in the game. There really is a lot to like about this title but I wouldn't put it at the top of my list of favorites.

I enjoyed the stealth aspect, it didn't focus on it, but gave
    you the option all the way through to go completely undetected, it was very basic though. Pathfinding was a bit a joke as well really... Can't hack this keypad? Well, there's probably a convenient ventilation shaft you can climb through to access this person's office, or police armoury, or high level governmental official's house, or something... Are security set-ups really that lax? The cover system was pretty similar to Mass Effect 2 but it was a lot less forgiving, you really couldn't take many shots before going down (that's not a necessarily a bad thing though). You had to make sure you got your headshot aimings spot on because the enemies didn't give you a second either way to take aim. Unfortunately that made me go for the nicely overpowered cinematic takedown route. You could literally run at someone, tap Q in reach and watch as the protagonist lays a swift roundhouse or chokehold to the badguy, regardless of their armour, rendering him out for the count - the count being, forever, or until a buddy finds them and cracks out the smelling salts - and after realising the last "energy cell" (used for takedowns) runs out, it recharges, there was no need to use my stun gun or tranquilizer rifle for most of the game. The social aug that allowed you to analyze and and influence personality gave a nice touch to the NPC character interactions at key parts of the game. However It really didn't seem like any of this made a big difference to the outcome of the story (if any at all) it was all just a means to an end. If you couldn't get someone to do something for you, you'd go ninja vent crawling and cinematic take-downing until you did it yourself. Which to be fair, made you feel like a bad-ass anyway!

I've probably focused on the bad aspects too much, the game is far from bad, my memories of Deus Ex have just lead me to want the perfect game from the series! This is definitely a worthwhile addition anyway!

There are only a few games this year we suggest to 16-yrs old gamers and their fathers together. Human Revolution for sure is a Game of the Year nominee. [Oct 2011]
    So despite the odds being stacked against it, Eidos Montreal accomplished the impossible and brought us a Deus Ex in the true sense of the word, probably the best one that we could have hoped for considering the current "requirements" for being commercially successful nowadays.
  3. Oct 10, 2011
    A worthy successor to one of the greatest games ever. It offers a lot of choice on many levels and feels like an RPG from years past - in a very good way. One of the best, if not the best game of 2011. [Oct 2011]