8.4

1. Jan 24, 2012
    A great game which does the original justice. The plot is relatively strong, although could be stronger. The gunplay and stealth 'feel' like you would want them to. The hardest difficulty is balanced perfectly. The graphics can simply be described as 'acceptable' - they don't detract from the gameplay, but you can't help at times but to wish it was running on a better engine; and there areA great game which does the original justice. The plot is relatively strong, although could be stronger. The gunplay and stealth 'feel' like you would want them to. The hardest difficulty is balanced perfectly. The graphics can simply be described as 'acceptable' - they don't detract from the gameplay, but you can't help at times but to wish it was running on a better engine; and there are negatives - The decision system is used rarely, and when it is, it feels like your choices make little impact - then when it comes to making the 'end game choice', you don't get to see how it plays out, you don't even get a cutscene. The praxis system make it too easy to level everything if you save all your cash and just buy praxis points, and your choices in how to specialise don't really feel like they have a huge impact on how you will end up playing the game. Would have also been nice to have more side missions available to you rather than the handful there are, with only a couple of those feeling relevant. Normally I have a lot to write, but in this instance I don't - It's a good game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Expand
  2. Sep 15, 2011
    The atmosphere is incredible, as are the locales, but there are just too many issues with the game to give it praise. The character animations (and the occasional voice-over) are very poor, which account for a quite a lot of the interactions in the game. When they take you out of the immersion, it effects everything else.

It almost feels as though the game was made for stealth, and

It almost feels as though the game was made for stealth, and stealth only. Firefights are extremely clunky, and once you engage in one, you might as well cross your fingers and hope you saved recently.

I also felt the progression was very linear, for what initially appears to be a sandbox style game. At the 20 hour mark, I simply gave up and sold the game. Being a new parent, my nights are limited to only a couple of hours to myself, so after eating up 2 solid weeks of personal time, I can safely say I got my money's worth. I recommend this to anyone who is a HUGE fan of stealth based games, but if you're looking for action, steer clear.
  3. Sep 14, 2011
    I climbed through an f-ton of vents and shafts. I ran around invisible a lot. Hell, I didn't even need a real gun except for the out of place boss fights. Interesting, but graphically dated game. It's not open world-e, and the open world-esque parts just make you feel claustrophobic. The voice of Sarif sounds familiar.
  4. Sep 16, 2011
    If you like "rpgs" that tell a good story then this game delivers. The plot and the environment were very good. Graphics, sound and gameplay were decent. I have to admit at the beginning this game seemed WAY too easy. The main flaws in this game are the ease at which you can avoid the enemy by hiding behind a box (even though the guy is right beside you) and the combat (it's too easyIf you like "rpgs" that tell a good story then this game delivers. The plot and the environment were very good. Graphics, sound and gameplay were decent. I have to admit at the beginning this game seemed WAY too easy. The main flaws in this game are the ease at which you can avoid the enemy by hiding behind a box (even though the guy is right beside you) and the combat (it's too easy to run and hide without having the enemy chase you).

However as you progress further and further the story and missions tend to make up for a lot of the easy combat. This game is NOT a perfect 10 and although some of the negative reviews have valid points this game doesn't deserve a negative score either. I think a lot of people got so hyped up at seeing the trailers that they might have been expecting a little too much out of this game..
  5. Jan 17, 2012
    Excellent in almost every possible way. Deus Ex: Human Revolution provides people who are not very big fans of open world settings with a comfortable gameplay style that isn't too linear or too open ended. It offers many different choices to each possible scenario, may it be combat, stealth, or even talking your way through at specific points. DE: HR is a perfect example of GOOD consoleExcellent in almost every possible way. Deus Ex: Human Revolution provides people who are not very big fans of open world settings with a comfortable gameplay style that isn't too linear or too open ended. It offers many different choices to each possible scenario, may it be combat, stealth, or even talking your way through at specific points. DE: HR is a perfect example of GOOD console porting with its numerous and lovely DirectX11 bells and whistles. It will barely strain your PC, but still possess some lovely visuals. The characters do look rubbery and sometimes undetailed, but the environments are quite often stellar looking. All this eye candy runs at max framerate for me! But graphics alone don't make a game. The story, characters, and setting are all quite immersive. There is conspiracy and corruption abound within the dystopian future of DE: HR, and it provides us with emotionally powerful moral and philisophical implications! A highly reccomended game!! Expand
  6. Jan 10, 2014
    Very close to perfection. This is, quite possibly, the best stealth action game, I have EVER PLAYED!!! It was worth sixty dollars. The game rewards you for doing things stealthily, all though it is not required. Several ways to play, multiple weapons, to choose from. Upgrading weapons and your character are good features. Combines rpg elements with shooter and stealth elements, flawlessly.Very close to perfection. This is, quite possibly, the best stealth action game, I have EVER PLAYED!!! It was worth sixty dollars. The game rewards you for doing things stealthily, all though it is not required. Several ways to play, multiple weapons, to choose from. Upgrading weapons and your character are good features. Combines rpg elements with shooter and stealth elements, flawlessly. The only reason it is not perfect is that the game worlds are a bit small and I feel the game could have been a lot longer with more side quests. Great game Expand
  7. Dec 19, 2011
    It's lucky I got this game through my video card purchase and thoroughly enjoyed it for 60 hours with two play through. I am new to Deus Ex franchise and immediately got hooked in first couple of hours. The presentation and dialogs are handled similar to mass effect which I liked very much. However, the main strength of this game is the game mechanics. It's unusual for a game that combinesIt's lucky I got this game through my video card purchase and thoroughly enjoyed it for 60 hours with two play through. I am new to Deus Ex franchise and immediately got hooked in first couple of hours. The presentation and dialogs are handled similar to mass effect which I liked very much. However, the main strength of this game is the game mechanics. It's unusual for a game that combines so many aspects together. there are so many paths in each level to take, you can sneak past your enemies, or you could silently take down each enemy and hide their bodies, or you could grab a machine gun to fight your way through and if you increase your hack abilities, it will open even more ways to approach your goal. It's just so much fun to try each way out . I recommend it to any general PC gamer and I also bought the original deus ex at direct2drive. hope it will be as good. Expand
  8. Oct 30, 2012
    An almost perfect game, and by any means the best stealth shooter on the PC since Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (if you decide to play it that way). So, where's the hook? Let's start with what's great. The writing, the voice acting, the visual style, the level design, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the difficulty. They all are. For all those reasons it's one of those games you install andAn almost perfect game, and by any means the best stealth shooter on the PC since Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (if you decide to play it that way). So, where's the hook? Let's start with what's great. The writing, the voice acting, the visual style, the level design, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the difficulty. They all are. For all those reasons it's one of those games you install and play and finish, and then you suddenly realize that it's sunday night and you've played through the entire weekend. It grips you. Now for the downsides. The stealth mechanics could be a little more refined than they are, and the few boss fights are horribly unbalanced towards some character builds. But that's all. I wish I could play it again for the first time. Expand
  9. Sep 24, 2011
    Great game, loved the storyline. Not the greatest game of all time, but certainly worth my 50 bucks.

If you want a good, sci-fi game that flows well but is challenging enough to keep you interested, this one's for you. But be warned, a few fights in the game can be very hard if you're ill equipped, you need to think outside the box sometimes to win even on normal difficulty.
  10. Mar 7, 2012
    Very good and engaging game. I am not into deep RPG titles and actually did not like the earlier two titles in this series. I played as mostly combat but did lots of hacking to get experience and money (kind of like Bioshock) and that was a very satisfying experience to me. The combat is well done and stealth is a great way to save ammo which is in limited supply early in the game but isVery good and engaging game. I am not into deep RPG titles and actually did not like the earlier two titles in this series. I played as mostly combat but did lots of hacking to get experience and money (kind of like Bioshock) and that was a very satisfying experience to me. The combat is well done and stealth is a great way to save ammo which is in limited supply early in the game but is plentiful later.

What I did not find amusing are somewhat dated graphics look, occasional freezes and in game map and inventory controls. Also, the way story was told was kind of boring. A lot of emphasis on reading instead of telling it in more indirect ways like Bioshock did (through background voices and videos). The dialogs are also too long for what they worth - they are not changing the game flow enough to justify time they take. The endings are also dissapointing. In fact, there was no reason to have multiple as they basically the same.

With all said, It is still one of the best few titles of 2011 and is a very engaging and fun game. If you liked Bioschock or Escape from Butcher Bay then it should be on your list.
  11. Jun 15, 2013
    I don't understand how this is so highly reviewed. It has little to no replay value and is boring to play. The only positive i can think of is cutscenes and its like SWTOR cutscenes but less impactive. I tried original on normal and had horrible time with the first boss and after that all the other bosses were easy as Predictable story and even the ending was predictable but maybe thatsI don't understand how this is so highly reviewed. It has little to no replay value and is boring to play. The only positive i can think of is cutscenes and its like SWTOR cutscenes but less impactive. I tried original on normal and had horrible time with the first boss and after that all the other bosses were easy as Predictable story and even the ending was predictable but maybe thats what they were going for. The thing i hate most of this game is the slow pace making it feel like a MMO. The skill system lacks any real fun skill to mess around with. The funnest skill by hacking and not for actually hacking the minigame for hacking is complete Its purely luck based hacking and is not challenging at all. The most challenges you will have is lvl 1-2 after that the challenges are simple as You can die from the slightest falls and unless you have the skill to make all falls do no damage but even after that your forced to watch a cutscene every single time you fall... So if your being attacked you watch yourself being shot while standing waiting for the cutscene to stop. The AI is terrible they will walk through walls and doors but not smart enough to look in vents and wth is with vents they are perfect size for you and only lead you where you need to go...? Every single boss is shoot and kill and only in the final boss do they change things up like press button then shoot and kill. The final cutscenes are just video taken from other videos mashed in together... Oh thats great you can't toss in maybe a ending where he atleast walks out of the place or what happened to the people which you just saved. Just unsatisfied completly.. Poor voice acting you always get pulled out of the enviroment or situation laughing at it. The map designs are terriiibbblle Cluttered and one direct. Side quests are pointless and don't change much. The iron sign aim is useless and off aim for most guns that use them. Why has this been reviewed so high? Has these people even played this? Oh and if you do play what way should you go? Hacking because it is the fastest for shortcuts and sneaking is slow as and usually detours you around the whole map oh and going in guns blazing can work until you run out of ammo which will happen trust me. When enemies can waste infinite amount of clips and then be killed and drop usually a single bullet or nothing at all. You must spend your time hacking to get ammunition and taking detours to stockup on ammo. Also something thats annoying its the future it sure doesn't feel like it doors don't even open automatically. Also the running is tapping it every 3 seconds so have fun with that. The funnest part i had in this game was picking up a hacked turret and using it to beat every single boss after playing it by far the easiest way to kill them. I had a pet turret sure made me slow but costs me no ammo and is faster than sneaking and shields you. Expand
  12. Nov 5, 2011
    It would have been a 9 if the boss fights were not so forced and difficult. I needed to use meta-game knowledge to beat Beret and looking for it forced it forced me to learn spoilers I didn't want to see.
  13. Sep 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. PC gamers must get used to this fact: many of the big studio releases for their (and my) favoured medium are being principally developed on consoles, with console gamers in mind. Most of the attacks on this game acknowledge that fact, but resent it. There is a perception that a PC game should mean complexity and depth, whereas a console game should be accessible and shallow. Whatever the truth of these perceptions, Deus Ex: Human Revolutions is a game which has been developed for a console which stands up happily on the PC and is one of the more enjoyable PC games of this year. It is billed as an RPG-shooter. The RPG elements are located as sensibly as any leveling up system can possibly be inside the story. Jensen, following his operation, has all his augmentations intact, but he's brought out of recovery early. His body and nervous system aren't used to their newfound, mechanically-enhanced talents. Therefore, he needs Praxis software - earned through the accumulation of experience, i.e. use of his new body, to unlock the higher level abilities. Well, it's a stretch, but it's a brave attempt by the game's writers to impose a story on the notion of levelling up, something which RPG enthusiasts have taken for granted since the first tentative forays of pen-and-paper, kitchen table games onto the home computer in the eighties. Personally, I approve. Speaking of the difference between pen-and-paper, kitchen table RPGs and their electronic successors, DE:HR offers the player a decent amount of choice for the type of game it is. A pen-and-paper session over pizzas and beer is limited only by the rules of the game and the tolerance of one's fellow gamers. Not so on a computer game. All choices must be limited by necessity. The story of DE:HR implies that the action happens within the space of a few days; by necessity, it is tightly plotted. But within that, there are multiple ways to execute each mission. There are different physical routes to each objective. There are a good range of weapons to support a given player style and a sensible, intuitive inventory system. There are approaches ranging from a Terminator-style shoot-out in a Detroit nick, through persuading your way in, to sneaking in undetected. Yes, of course real people don't really patrol like DE:HR's guards do, but we are somewhat limited by the technology available to us in 2012 and no game has yet achieved a perfect patrolman. DE:HR's guards move naturally enough to keep up the illusion of reality, and even chat to each other on occasion.

it No 21st-century shooter would be complete without a cover mechanic, but it works nicely within the confines of the game. The game awards points for merciful take-downs over straightforward kills; and awards end-of-level points for remaining undetected, in order to encourage different styles of play. On the topic of rewarding, the dialogue system invites comparisons with Bioware's and tops it without question. The dialogue options accurately foreshadow both the temperament and content of Jensen's potential answers, unlike Bioware's wretched wheel. Rather than a straight choice between flippant, aggressive and passive, one must watch the tone and personality of the NPC to get the best out of the conversation. With the right augmentation, one can release pheromones to increase diaglogue options. It's just a shame that more conversations don't follow this path: a goodly number are, in essence, cuscenes, which is somewhat frustrating, given the potential shown in the interactive dialogues.

Of course, it's not all roses. Entertaining as the manual takedown animations are, they don't always gel with the preceding action and the dissonance can grate. There are four mandatory boss-fights in the game, which are an unwelcome encumbrance (and a nod to DE:HR's console roots!) and force even the sneakiest of players to play, temporarily, in an aggressive style (vive le Typhoon). Also unwieldy, in a narrative sense, are the sidequests: enjoyable as they are, they do feel forcibly levered into the time-conscious plot. Finally, the corporate-espionage-with-a-moral-dimension plot all takes a turn for the Dan Brown towards the end, invoking ancient conspiracies and giant machines we've all seen a hundred times in other games, books and films, which is something of a let down. The ending montages, particularly, are annoyingly bland and a good deal of loose ends are not tied up (DLC, anyone?)

But on the whole, DE:HR is a good game. The plot is on a par with any B-movie or airport thriller novel; the action's decent; there is enough freedom of choice to keep most RPG fans satisfied (if one recognises that this is not trying to be D&D on your PC); the dialogue system is a real hit; and the game has a sense of humour (Robocop fans will encounter a policeman named Murphy without a sense of dramatic irony; Megadeth fans a certain hangar...). Give it a go.
  14. Feb 13, 2012
    A slightly worse game than deus ex. Which is one of the best games ever made. It improves a LOT of smaller things, adds a better atmosphere and music, better core mechanics. And a slightly smaller world and a slightly less fantastic story - With a lot of options of approach, but still less than the original.

All of this makes it a 10/10. Just a lesser 10/10 than deus ex. If they manage to improve the options and world, as well as the story in the next game. It might just overtake the original deus ex. They are absolutely on the right path - and the game series is in more capable and promising hands than the original developers. Why? - The original creators also made invisible war. That's why.
  15. Sep 6, 2011
    First game I have played in years that I can't put down. It's Deus Ex 1 all over again. All the dissenters on here can stick to playing CoD or some other arcade shooter as they seem to just not get this game. It's everything good about Deus Ex made better, including combat, stealth, and most importantly your choices really do feel like they make an impact on the story. My onlyFirst game I have played in years that I can't put down. It's Deus Ex 1 all over again. All the dissenters on here can stick to playing CoD or some other arcade shooter as they seem to just not get this game. It's everything good about Deus Ex made better, including combat, stealth, and most importantly your choices really do feel like they make an impact on the story. My only complaints:
    1. Environments are way too static. It's 2011 and desk items aren't getting thrown around in a firefight? If I shoot a stack of paper it gets a bullet hole? The coffee cup is still on the table after a grenade went off? The environments the designers made are very well done, and highly explorable, but seriously, there should be more interaction. Cracks on the walls that you can blow up? Really? Is this Zelda or something?

2. No battery recharge robots...I like how your augs don't last very long in this one, as well as the fact that its hard to take down more than 1 or 2 guys with the instant kill function. However a few more recharge stations here or there would make it more fun.

3. Realistic mode is a bit unbalanced. I always played Deus Ex on Realistic. I liked how you and the enemies had the same health. This is not the case in HR; it still takes 5,7 sometimes 10 body shots to kill a guy. Granted a headshot is an instant kill, If I plug a guy in the chest, that should take him down too. I'm sure this could be fixed in a mod.

Everything else in the game is perfect!
  16. Nov 8, 2011
    Game of the year for me. Easily.

I was hesitant at first, as I was a big fan of the original, having played it countless times. Would they mess up the core gameplay? Would third person be a welcome experience or not? Would the implementation of cover be helpful or harmful? All of my doubts were put to rest after I played it. Human Revolution is a fantastic game, and nearly as brilliant
    Game of the year for me. Easily.

All of my doubts were put to rest after I played it. Human Revolution is a fantastic game, and nearly as brilliant as the legendary original. The numerous paths to completing an objective are still there, the choice between lethal and non-lethal or stealth and guns blazing is still there. The hubs feel fantastic, the atmosphere is gripping and the artstyle is visually appealing. The upgrade system allows for many different playstyles and perhaps even warrants a replay or two. Instead of going on and on about how great the game is, I am going to highlight what I thought was wrong with it. For one, the music isn't as great as the original. Sure, there are some pieces that are fantastic, but these only play during cutscenes. The ambient music, the battle music and everything else just feels generic. After expecting something fantastic, akin to the amazing OST of the original, I was somewhat disappointed. Sure it's better than a lot of other game OSTs but I felt let down.

Then my major gripe: The boss fights. They are unavoidable, and cater only to people who have specced into combat augs, people who have been carrying around numerous guns, grenades and ammo types. As I was playing a non-lethal stealth playthrough I only had my tranquiliser rifle and my stun gun to defeat the bosses. It was tedious and resulted in many deaths.

Amazing game despite the flaws, easily GOTY, pick up a copy if you liked the original, like anything cyberpunk (especially Bladerunner), like stealth games or like good games.
  17. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is an awesome installement in the franchise, but isn't as good as its predecessor. But that's to be expected, since the original Deus Ex is, in my opinion, the best game ever made. You shouldn't regret buying this if you are looking for an awesome adventure.
  18. Sep 4, 2011
    I originally had a few mixed feelings when I first started this game up, it look me a few minutes to get into the game style, obviously you can go guns raving/stealth or other ways, but mostly the stealthy approach is what this game wants you to follow.

Its almost a mass effect way of dialogue with other people but that is a good thing. Good graphics (PC Version Obviously). Unfortunately I cannot compare to the originals as I have them but have yet to play them. But I remain unchanged in thought that is is a superb game, a few issues but all games tend to be released with a few these days so no negative points off for them. Very good game and extremely enjoyable
  19. MB_
    Sep 27, 2011
    Just finished it. The best sneaking shooter game I've played since Thief 2 as far as I'm concerned. Sadly there's no shadows to hide within but I still had plenty of fun sneaking my way through a very convincing science fiction world. It has an interesting story and the varied missions kept me busy. Plenty to do and it had an easy learning curve too. Really nothing to moan about. Oh exceptJust finished it. The best sneaking shooter game I've played since Thief 2 as far as I'm concerned. Sadly there's no shadows to hide within but I still had plenty of fun sneaking my way through a very convincing science fiction world. It has an interesting story and the varied missions kept me busy. Plenty to do and it had an easy learning curve too. Really nothing to moan about. Oh except the cover, which I never used, oh and the 3rd person sequences which broke the 4th wall too often, I'm only climbing up a ladder stop reminding me I'm playing a game damnit. Perfect 10 without that! Expand
  20. Dec 28, 2011
    Let me begin my review with a small advice. Try not to compare Human Revolution to the original Deus Ex too much. Why? Because the more you're going to do it, the less you're going to enjoy it. Human Revolution has some similarities to the original, where original still prevails, but it also has many differences, and it's mostly those differences that make it an outstanding and somewhatLet me begin my review with a small advice. Try not to compare Human Revolution to the original Deus Ex too much. Why? Because the more you're going to do it, the less you're going to enjoy it. Human Revolution has some similarities to the original, where original still prevails, but it also has many differences, and it's mostly those differences that make it an outstanding and somewhat innovative game. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a prequel to the original Deus Ex. It takes place in the year 2027, when human augmentations were still only at their early stages and as a result were subject to a lot of controversy. You play as Adam Jensen, a manager of security at Sarif Industries, one of the leading augmentation tech companies. However, after a surprise attack by secret ops on the facility, Adam was left mortally injured. As a result he got augmented and now 6 months later is ready to uncover the truth behind the attack. The storyline of the game is fairly good, although it is not its strongest point. There are interesting twists and turns along the way of course, and most of the major characters are very well-developed, but I think it's mostly the gameplay that makes this game. Just as with the previous games in the series, DX:HR is about analysing the combat situations and having freedom to approach them in multiple different ways. You can go guns blazing if you wish, or you can sneak in. You can hack to learn the door code, you can utilise your superior social skills, or you can simply find an alternate way in. You get the idea. The augmentation system is slightly different to previous Deus Ex games since you can upgrade them both via special praxis kits AND through gaining experience. The other thing is that if you played through all the side quests and explored, you can by the end of the game pretty much acquire all of the augmentations and enhancements, whilst in the original that was not quite the case. So it's all a matter of prioritising which you wish to get early on and which later. Some new features that really make DX:HR shine that the original didn't have are 1) the takedowns - knock out or kill your target in a special way by coming right up close to him/her; 2) the cover system - instead of just shooting mindlessly, you really need to be taking cover a lot or else you will die too easily; the good thing about it is that the cover system in this game is very flexible and dynamic - you can take cover pretty much behind anything, and you can move between different covers very easily; 3) the hacking mini-game - every time you hack into a computer or a door console, you will have to play a very fun, yet challenging at times, mini-game. DX:HR has a somewhat of unique graphics. The colour palette is mostly in the yellow and golden colours. Personally I am not too fond of it, because I hoped to see some more colour variation in the game, but this "yellowness" is not too bad and you get used to it. The in-game music is very impressive and the voice acting is great too. The dialogues are very well-written and a lot of the time you get to choose what to say, what adds variation and a great degree of role-play, allowing you to mold Jensen's personality into what you want him to be. Finally I'll mention that just as with previous Deus Ex games, you get multiple endings, and those raise some really interesting philosophical issues, which is a sweet way to end a great game. I'll highly advise you to check out each of the endings. Overall a fantastic game. Although in many ways the original is still better, DX:HR offers a lot of new stuff, what makes it a worthy rival to the original game, and overall puts it well above majority of the games out there. Expand
  21. Sep 5, 2011
    I was worried. Truly I was. Original Deus Ex was a revolutionary game that have created a new genre. Non linear gameplay and your choices will truly show themselves later in game. I thought this cannot be better (especially with Invisible Wars debacle) but the guys from Canada have outdone themselves. While this game keeps the standards of original title it also ads a few more. Many mayI was worried. Truly I was. Original Deus Ex was a revolutionary game that have created a new genre. Non linear gameplay and your choices will truly show themselves later in game. I thought this cannot be better (especially with Invisible Wars debacle) but the guys from Canada have outdone themselves. While this game keeps the standards of original title it also ads a few more. Many may say that the graphics are outdated, but I have to say that this game has a style, a style that will take your breath once you are outside Sarif Industries in Detroit or in Shanghai. The gold style of this game is amusing. Since Deus Ex already had the "multiple paths" option, this game leads it to perfection. You can choose if you go unnoticed or go rambo stlye and kill everything that moves. Do not like talking? Ok then do not persuade people to let you in but shoot yourself through. This game offers so many options of gameplay that you might think at some point: what genre is this? To be precise, it is stealth-action-drama-fps-rpg with a lot of choices. This game is genre defining title and it is so immersive that you do not know how and the 25 to 30 hours you spent in the game are long gone. And yet you replay because the second walkthrough, with different choices is a different game :). GOTY Candidate baby! Expand
  22. Jan 10, 2012
    Deus Ex was a game which excelled in all areas but still just had something... missing. The game was extrodinarily fun, had excellent gameplay, above average graphics, some of the best stealth in any game, but still was missing... something. That edge which makes a game transcend the 9-10 border. Deserving of a nine? Absolutely. Ten? Just... not quite.
  23. Jun 29, 2012
    Deus Ex HR is made for stealth and exploration. Plain and simple. Enemy A.I. is too dull for firefights, and exploration is what rewards you most (in terms of gaming pleasure). Thus if you like shooters, don't mess with this game. But if you are looking for a more stealth/RPG/intelligent experience, this game is pure awesomeness. The environments are wide and detailed, with lots ofDeus Ex HR is made for stealth and exploration. Plain and simple. Enemy A.I. is too dull for firefights, and exploration is what rewards you most (in terms of gaming pleasure). Thus if you like shooters, don't mess with this game. But if you are looking for a more stealth/RPG/intelligent experience, this game is pure awesomeness. The environments are wide and detailed, with lots of alternate routes and hidden stuff to find. The places you visit are very different from each other, and the cities are a thing of beauty, inspired by the crowded streets and architectures of Blade Runner (as the first Deus Ex was). Story is mesmerizing and well told, and the same goes for side-quests. While playing, you really feel that there is a load of possibilities to reach a goal, to sneak around some guards, to decide the turn of the story. The way augments (the cybernetic "superpowers" you develop with experience) work is perfect. You decide which ones to grow, and you never feel like you're getting those experience points too slowly or too quickly. And it's very fascinating to go back to already-visited areas, but with the newly-gained ability to jump higher, or to fall without being hurt, and thus discover new locations. Best sci-fi game I played in a long time. If you're a completist like me, it will last for dozens of hours. I even preferred it to Mass Effect 2, both for the environments than for the additional freedom. Only reason I don't give it a 10 is because of boss fights - hard and out of contest, for a game that is best played in stealth mode - and because the ending sucks: Eidos clearly wanted to trace the first Deus Ex steps, and go for a "strong" ending, but instead it just looks illogical and dumb. Expand
  24. Apr 23, 2012
    This is what modern RPGs should feature: good storyline, freedom in gameplay and meaty dialogue. The decisions are not just cosmetic. The story is compelling and as fast paced as you like. The stealth component is great, too bad they could't do the boss fights feel more "in game". Another weak point is (arguably) the voice acting of Adam himself, he sounds a little detached. I like toThis is what modern RPGs should feature: good storyline, freedom in gameplay and meaty dialogue. The decisions are not just cosmetic. The story is compelling and as fast paced as you like. The stealth component is great, too bad they could't do the boss fights feel more "in game". Another weak point is (arguably) the voice acting of Adam himself, he sounds a little detached. I like to believe it's intended, as his emotional response to what happened to him, some kind of defeatism before the implacable. Anyways , the voice acting of the other characters and the general quality of dialogue writing is great. This is a worthy successor of Deus Ex 1, a thing that's not achieved too often nowadays. Hats down @ the devs, looking forward to the sequel of Thief, now I KNOW that it's in good hands :) Expand
  25. Jan 18, 2012
    Caveat: I am a HUGE fan of Looking Glass Studios that created the first Deus Ex. Deus Ex: Human Evolution is the third in the series and the second best of the bunch. DE:HE is a well designed game that cleverly uses RPG elements with FPS gaming as well as the hacking gameplay from the original Deus Ex games. It uses an odd engine that can be very tricky to master and can cause someCaveat: I am a HUGE fan of Looking Glass Studios that created the first Deus Ex. Deus Ex: Human Evolution is the third in the series and the second best of the bunch. DE:HE is a well designed game that cleverly uses RPG elements with FPS gaming as well as the hacking gameplay from the original Deus Ex games. It uses an odd engine that can be very tricky to master and can cause some frustration for some. It's "sticky" as it uses the cover technique from games like Gears of War but doesn't utilize it in the environment properly. It's not bad - it just takes a lot of getting used to. The upgrade system is very well thought out and uses a system that is gained from XP. XP is gained from hacking, quest completions and attacks. It uses quite a bit from the previous Deus Ex games and it uses it well. The visuals are well rendered with a huge nod to the Bladerunner film and any other similar cyberpunk work. The game runs smoothly and has no visual flaws for the most part. My PC did freeze completely during a FMV towards the end though as well a lighting issue on the same area. The voice over work is very good and the audio foley is very creative. The weapon selection is very good as well as the upgrade system. There are various stores to buy equipment and ammo. The credit system is simple and there are plenty of opportunities to gain creds. There are a few different ways to approach the game by upgrading yourself: you can be more of a hacker, stealth expert or simply kill everything with weapons and attacks. At times, DE:HE can be repetitive and frustrating given that the jobs are similar and cause the player to walk back and forth over and over. The enemies AI is very predictable in some places and erratic in others. The bosses are way too easy when using the Typhoon weapon, but if you want a challenge then you shouldn't use it. It's a very entertaining and vast world which is immersive and technical. It's not perfect and falls short when compared to the first (Invisible War is slightly worse) which is a big compliment. Expand
  26. TIZ
    May 18, 2012
    Pretty good game, a few small disappointments here and there otherwise it was still overall a fun game. Graphics not too amazing really (DX11 wasn't used to the full of its capacity), gameplay was good, story was good (maybe a bit too dramatic at end, but still satisfying)
  27. Apr 10, 2012
    To be quite honest, I bought this game because it was on sale, having no real hopes of it being anything more than a 10 hour distraction . Well, my first play through ran 25 hours and I'm debating if I want to dive in again because the game is just that engrossing.

Graphically, there isn't much to brag on here. HR does suffer from consolization, but the overall look and feel of the game is excellent. The atmosphere of all the game locations is interesting and compelling enough to make you want to snoop around to try and find all the different things hidden.

Sound is done well, if not slightly repetitive. The soundtrack itself is good, but again, not stellar. Voice acting is done particularly well and helps drive the narrative along. Interaction with side quest NPCs made me want to go do their tasks instead of just seeing them as XP dispensers.

Combat was much more in depth than I thought it would be - the cover system takes a little getting used to and a long time to completely master, but the options are vast. You can roll through killing everything and everyone or you can go secret squirrel style and avoid gun fights if you want. The game has a way of rewarding your choices for achieving difficult tasks, which led me to replay some scenarios to see how I could do it differently.

The RPG Skill Tree is adequate - depending on how you play the game, you can end up with many different abilities. I was slightly disappointed that you can basically max everything out if you are really trying, but completionists can have a field day with it.

I'd give this a 9.5 if I could, it just lacks a little graphical wow and polish, but this is an excellent buy and something you can really put your teeth into. Highly recommended.
  28. Sep 9, 2011
    Amidst much expectation Deus Ex: Human Revolution has arrived and in doing so gives fans of the award-winning series more what they have been waiting for. The game is set in 2027 which makes it a prequel to the previous two games. Players take on the role of Adam Jensen, the security chief for Sarif Industries who on the eve of a series of meetings with lawmakers is brutally attacked by aAmidst much expectation Deus Ex: Human Revolution has arrived and in doing so gives fans of the award-winning series more what they have been waiting for. The game is set in 2027 which makes it a prequel to the previous two games. Players take on the role of Adam Jensen, the security chief for Sarif Industries who on the eve of a series of meetings with lawmakers is brutally attacked by a hostile force. The attack leaves Adam near death and forces his employers to augment his body with numerous cybernetic enhancements in order to save his life. Six months later and returns to work and must get to the bottom of the attack which as the investigation unfolds seems to indicate a lot of high-ranking people in the government. The free-roaming environment, Adam is able to explore futuristic Detroit which is awash in neon and numerous questionable in dangerous areas were at a must explore in order to find the truth. When interacting with various NPCâ Expand
  29. May 10, 2012
    Downright excellent game. The story is well done, the music is brilliant and the hacking mini-game is quite fun once you get used to it. For the longest time I wanted a game that revolved around stealth and not mindless run-and-gun tactics, and this game delivered that in arguably the best way possible. The graphics and controls are a bit iffy in some areas, but are still good nonetheless.Downright excellent game. The story is well done, the music is brilliant and the hacking mini-game is quite fun once you get used to it. For the longest time I wanted a game that revolved around stealth and not mindless run-and-gun tactics, and this game delivered that in arguably the best way possible. The graphics and controls are a bit iffy in some areas, but are still good nonetheless. The performance of the game was initially bad for my PC at first, and I have an extremely high-end PC, but I found some quick fixes and won't incorporate that into my rating, because I think it's fair to focus on just the game on not something that probably happened just because of *my* PC, and not the game itself. If any employee of any company that helped make this game is reading this, feel good. Feel real good. Expand
  30. Oct 7, 2011
    I think there's definitely a solid foundation to the claim of the game being "incredibly immersive" - in most aspects. The story is fairly believable, the voice-acting quite well-done (for a video game), and the characters seem fairly deep. The graphical quality of the game is fantastic, and the design is very pleasing to look at (though some more variety in objects would've beenI think there's definitely a solid foundation to the claim of the game being "incredibly immersive" - in most aspects. The story is fairly believable, the voice-acting quite well-done (for a video game), and the characters seem fairly deep. The graphical quality of the game is fantastic, and the design is very pleasing to look at (though some more variety in objects would've been appreciated). The physics involved in the game are a bit screwy, especially when the game determines whether or not you can pick objects up, but that's quite forgivable. Combat is what you'd expect with cover-based shooting. The hacking mini-game is surprisingly intense, and the options to explore in the game are rewarding and interesting. There is an issue with Deus Ex being so serious, however, and that's when they let you do whatever you please. I was getting a bit bored with the quests (throughout the game, I never found the quests interesting - just something I had to do so I could progress to the next area) and decided to massacre the police department. It was fun and intense. It didn't fit my character at all when he got back to the storyline dialogue, however, which broke immersion. Overall, I was often wanting more action in the game, and it was difficult to come after breaking the "timeline" of the story by wiping out every collection of gang-members, police, and civilians I could find. I recall wandering around gunning civilians in the Asian environment, and killing a civilian who was apparently important, dropping something that seemed to have no significance. However, upon picking it up, my character decided to phone a security officer at the company the character works for. The conversation went something like "Do you think a pendent with some insignia on it will come in useful." "Yeah, why?" "Just wondering." Overall, I enjoyed the game, and I think playing it on the hardest difficulty would have been much more preferable (keeping in mind I'm not particularly good at FPS games) -- at medium difficulty, there just wasn't any point wasting time with stealth. Expand
  31. Oct 18, 2011
    It's the best game I have played in years. I couldn't stop playing it...
    I explored as much as I could on my first play-through, it took 39 hours to complete and I loved every minute of it.
    As I was playing, I knew there were a ton of different ways I could approach the objectives and I am really looking forward to playing through the game again, but completely differently. The story is
    It's the best game I have played in years. I couldn't stop playing it...

The story is great, the characters are great, the gameplay is amazing whatever way you choose to play it (and there is plenty of choice).

I actually think it deserves GOTY for being such a breath of fresh air.
  32. Nov 25, 2011
    This review is an excerpt I wrote for my local paper. Deus Ex: Human Revolution. If you know any Greek you would know that the tone is set in the title; "God of Human Revolution." This game is the prequel to the first; Deus Ex. The events take place in the near future when biotic upgrades can be given to improve one's attributes, whether it be physical or mental. The main character AdamThis review is an excerpt I wrote for my local paper. Deus Ex: Human Revolution. If you know any Greek you would know that the tone is set in the title; "God of Human Revolution." This game is the prequel to the first; Deus Ex. The events take place in the near future when biotic upgrades can be given to improve one's attributes, whether it be physical or mental. The main character Adam Jensen, a so called "cyber-punk", is the head of security for the largest corporate contributor of the biotic upgrades, also known as "Augmentations." Adam starts out talking with his ex-girlfriend, Megan, who is the head scientist of the same biotic corporation "Sarif Industries." They plan to release a new found science that would change the face of medical history permanently. After a quick debrief, Adam is notified that an "accident" occurred on one of the research floors. He quickly responds, only to find some highly armed mercenaries had broken into the building. Equipped with strength enhanced augmentations, the mercenaries throw Adam through a wall and some glass, fatally injuring him. His last moments of life are spent seeing the murder of his ex-girlfriend.
    Because Adam was the head of security at Sarif Industries, he was considered a valuable asset and was treated with care in a costly effort to bring him back to life. With the treatment successful Adam was spared his life, but is now roughly 80% augmentation, 20% human. Six months of recovery left him asking questions of the attack, but no one knew any details. The only person recovered was Adam, and no one else experienced the mercenary attack.
    The full game then picks up from there. Now that Adam is mostly made up of augmentations, he is available to upgrade his mechanics. He can only upgrade them slowly over time, however, otherwise what's left of his real body might reject the radical changes in performance. Some upgrades include an invisibility suit upgrade, and another is a sort of Electromagnetic Parachute which slows falls from large heights, reducing any chance of injury.
    The game is spent uncovering the reasons of the mercenary attack, because Adam is led to believe it's purely about augmentation competition, but he feels it goes deeper than that. As the player you are able to make any decisions in conversation to try and get to the bottom of your main quest, as well as many variable side quests which can have impact on the game in future events.
    The game is also set up to fit 3 different playstyles; Stealth, Force, and Adaptation. The amazing thing about the level design is that there's obviously one way in, but if you are determined enough you can find up to 4 different routes to your objective. There's the front door, back door, window, or air ducts to explore, and each option provides different challenges including: hacking, stealth assassinations, diversions, pure unadulterated stealth, or simply guns blazing.
    In the end, there is a crystal clear ultimate goal which until the final boss fight is as murky as an oil spilled mud puddle. It keeps you going to the end, and once you're there you have ultimately 4 history altering options to chose from. Ultimately, you are the god of human revolution.
  33. Sep 20, 2011
    A solid 8 for me. Stealth is nice, it runs great and the story and setting is very interesting.
    However, the character animation is clunky and the boss battles hugely annoying. Also, it's pretty short, imho.
  34. Sep 4, 2011
    This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.This game is a beast.
  35. Oct 4, 2011
    I do not understand what I was carried away in this game ... There is nothing that I love, but ... I was fascinated by the game. Though then I realized that the game is definitely not for me, and she cons abound.
  36. Jan 3, 2012
    Man, for the first few hours this game was amazing. It's almost a perfect game. However there are way too many bugs that cause me to waste time starting over. This is the most frustrating thing ever.
  37. Feb 24, 2012
    Though the story may still grow, but to date the game is a memorable experience and will appeal a replay several time after which you will get so much addicted to it that you will be using this game a benchmark for other games. In my opinion during playing i observed several similarities to Role playing games, FPS games and stealth games. The games blends all three elements with a greatThough the story may still grow, but to date the game is a memorable experience and will appeal a replay several time after which you will get so much addicted to it that you will be using this game a benchmark for other games. In my opinion during playing i observed several similarities to Role playing games, FPS games and stealth games. The games blends all three elements with a great story to present something totally different with good soundtrack. The developers have really done justice to this title by really producing a fantastic game and whetting the appetite for more. Expand
  38. Sep 2, 2011
    Like others have said 'captures the original almost perfectly' Were it falls short of the original it makes up for it with well incorporated additions.
    To those writing bad reviews, that's fine, you dont like it; but 'Bad Game?' just look at the positive reviews from newcomers and die hard Deus Ex fans across the net. Perhaps you should ask yourselves 'do I have bad taste?' The game definitely has its flaws (FMVs in particular) but, like the original, most newcomers will rarely appreciate the depth of Deus Ex until they have persisted with it.
  39. Sep 3, 2011
    When I first started playing this game I was really happy, it felt like the original Deus EX as soon as I started exploring Detroit. The problem is there were a few decent side missions in Detroit and then even less in the second and last city, hengsha or whatever it's called. The story was also pretty weak; 'People are cutting their arms and legs off and replacing them with rebotic limbs,When I first started playing this game I was really happy, it felt like the original Deus EX as soon as I started exploring Detroit. The problem is there were a few decent side missions in Detroit and then even less in the second and last city, hengsha or whatever it's called. The story was also pretty weak; 'People are cutting their arms and legs off and replacing them with rebotic limbs, lets riot' which leaves me thinking big deal. In conclusion there were elements of Deus Ex 1 with the stealth and the city of Detroit but there are no other locations to really explore and the story was rubbish. Dissapointing as I am a crazy Deus Ex 1 fan. Expand
  40. Dec 15, 2012
    This is a brilliant game. It's quite demanding but once you're familiar with your gadgets, the controls and the games incredible mechanics DeusEx:HR is a joy to play and very immersive. The tactical options available to the player via highly explorable environments and intricate upgrade paths is mind blowing. Special kudos goes out to the art team who have done an outstanding job ofThis is a brilliant game. It's quite demanding but once you're familiar with your gadgets, the controls and the games incredible mechanics DeusEx:HR is a joy to play and very immersive. The tactical options available to the player via highly explorable environments and intricate upgrade paths is mind blowing. Special kudos goes out to the art team who have done an outstanding job of making a unique futuristic world that's both gritty and utterly beautiful. It could of easily been done with a generic cyberpunk style but there is unique flare and creativity in all aspects of HR's design that gives the game a life of it's own. Best stealth game yet. Expand
  41. Oct 4, 2011
    Ok. This is a game of a rare type. One of those which i actually bother to finish. Story - good. Soundtrack - good. Missions - good. Extended dialogues for major events - great. Side missions that make sense - good. Visuals are ok, except, maybe, blurry textures here and there, crappy models for humans(all polygons for faces!) and terrible FaceFX animation - so-so. But there are two thingsOk. This is a game of a rare type. One of those which i actually bother to finish. Story - good. Soundtrack - good. Missions - good. Extended dialogues for major events - great. Side missions that make sense - good. Visuals are ok, except, maybe, blurry textures here and there, crappy models for humans(all polygons for faces!) and terrible FaceFX animation - so-so. But there are two things in thos game that are horrible:
    ***SPOILER ALERT***

1. Bosses. Come on, stupid boss-making outsources. I havent heard of you and i hope i never will. Boss One - big guy with machine gun. And its bad idea to get close to him. It looks like... like every bloody first boss in every bloody FPS. Oh HELL, noone told this guys its a stealth action game? Took me 15 minutes and some chill pills.
    Boss Two - sneaky girl with machine guns... Borderlands much, **** My hamster is more creative. 10 minuts and no pills, she is just stupid.
    Boss Three - thats it. Someone casted mass stupidity on them all. Confined space, grenade volleys and(ta-daaaaa) you cant see **** Why? because your augs are not **** working. Not only that - all your screen goes to hell, literally. Its filled with rubbish, explosions and the guy is INVISIBLE from time to time. That whas the place when i said **** you" and used the trainer to give myself unlimited health. And you know what? 7 minutes of my life wasted while i was trying to actually HIT the guy. 4 mags from fully upgraded assault rifle... I have some chill pills left for those, who try to kill him on consoles. I feel your pain, guys and gals.
    Last Boss - you should see that piece of **** yerself. Com **** on. When that stupid b.. almost fried her biochip i thought - GREAT. For once evil girl gets what she deserves and i can just go and finish the game. But some tard said - we need last boss. Fire that dumbass, we dont. We had a game that was satisfactory in all ways, except your stupid bosses. This one is no better - its boring, stupid and you should watch Minority Report less. And not be so obsessed with blindfolded broads all the time. "Its Bull****, and its bad for ya." (c)

2. Panchea. Total inconsistency. Why all those half-brained maniacs killed everybody.... except each bloody other? To be a challenge for oh-so-mighty Adam? Screw you again. Thats idiocy. Why they get alarmed at you presence? They are totally INSANE. They should behave like totally insane. They behave like regular soldiers. I went thru this crap once and thats it. Next time its cheated energy + invis + no sound augs. TY, i'm not doing this again. Not satisfactory.
  42. Sep 5, 2011
    When I first saw this game, I didn't know what to expect. The box art and story sound interesting, so I go it. I was instantly amazed. Human Revolution combines storytelling with shooting, stealth, and makes players think about how they re going to accomplish a task. My favorite part, however, is the stealth combat. It never gets old to sneak up on and unsuspecting guard, hit circle, andWhen I first saw this game, I didn't know what to expect. The box art and story sound interesting, so I go it. I was instantly amazed. Human Revolution combines storytelling with shooting, stealth, and makes players think about how they re going to accomplish a task. My favorite part, however, is the stealth combat. It never gets old to sneak up on and unsuspecting guard, hit circle, and beat him senseless.This type of game that combines all aspects of gaming that people enjoy is what keeps the gaming industry alive. Expand
  43. Oct 3, 2011
    Rented on Redbox and took it back the next day just so I could buy my own copy. It's an awesome game with a lot of freedom and variability in how you play. Not just a normal FPS, but a good and interesting game with RPG and FPS elements.
  44. Sep 2, 2011
    The amount of immersion and depth that the plot and the environment in this game achieves can only be described as BRILLIANT. The plot that directs the story, and the sub-plots that surround it, are state-of-the-art for a video game. SO: If you're the kind of person who knows how to appreciate a good story, this game is a MUST to an extent in which I will risk to say that there are, inThe amount of immersion and depth that the plot and the environment in this game achieves can only be described as BRILLIANT. The plot that directs the story, and the sub-plots that surround it, are state-of-the-art for a video game. SO: If you're the kind of person who knows how to appreciate a good story, this game is a MUST to an extent in which I will risk to say that there are, in history of gaming, very few games that deliver such complex reflexions and depth of the world, connecting it to our actual history in some fantastic and not-so-fantastic ways. Now a warning: If you just want a shooter to kill some time, this is NOT your game. It's system is not particularly amusing, though is extremely rich in terms of possibilities, but covering and shooting through this game is just not worthy. If you're a fan of the stealth mode, then this game definitely delivers, and lets you choose between a thousand options in every single combat situation. If you just bought it or you're planning to, one last thing: EVERYTHING you do counts, and have a consequence, and there is nothing that couldn't be different. there IS another path, and you CAN do it other way. Expand
  45. Sep 2, 2011
    The game plays more like an immersive sim than a game geared towards relying on a new mechanic. It relies on your ability to enjoy the narrative and story as its selling point, not some stealth mechanic, some shooting mechanic, some cover mechanic, some hacking mechanic, or some talking mechanic. The gameplay itself is means to an end -an end which you choose.
  46. Sep 5, 2011
    A worthy successor to the first Deus Ex. I've played a lot of RPG games, but never actually "cared" so much about the story line and characters as I did in Deus Ex. Gameplay moves very smoothly, AI is pretty good, and overall its very entertaininig. Probably the only small problems Id say are that in terms of Upgrade Paths, some of the bosses can be disproportionately challenging if youA worthy successor to the first Deus Ex. I've played a lot of RPG games, but never actually "cared" so much about the story line and characters as I did in Deus Ex. Gameplay moves very smoothly, AI is pretty good, and overall its very entertaininig. Probably the only small problems Id say are that in terms of Upgrade Paths, some of the bosses can be disproportionately challenging if you have gone more stealthy, and I found that there were pretty much a core set of needed upgrades, and the rest were kind of fluff. That aside, this is still by far the best game I've played in a long time. Highly recommend it. Expand
  47. Sep 3, 2011
    Fantastic game, quite simply the game I awaited for 10 years. A true Deus Ex gameplay with multiple paths everywhere and a deep, complex and intricate story with memorable characters....the level design is very good, the art direction is flawless. I mean, the game is obviously not perfect and there are still room for improvement here and there, but the general level of the title is of veryFantastic game, quite simply the game I awaited for 10 years. A true Deus Ex gameplay with multiple paths everywhere and a deep, complex and intricate story with memorable characters....the level design is very good, the art direction is flawless. I mean, the game is obviously not perfect and there are still room for improvement here and there, but the general level of the title is of very high quality. We can tell people that made this game poured their heart in it, because you almost feel like it's all real. Hats off to Eidos Montréal ! I'm dying to see what you guys are gonna do with the next DX episode !! Expand
  48. Sep 3, 2011
    I was waiting for Human Revolution since I saw the first trailer. That game is full of things I love the most - cyberpunk and specific atmosphere. I wonder who projected the clothes of NPCs and architecture - that person [or group of people] is a genius. The music is awesome too. I wish only that the world in game was a bit more open, but it is still a perfect game for me, so I won'tI was waiting for Human Revolution since I saw the first trailer. That game is full of things I love the most - cyberpunk and specific atmosphere. I wonder who projected the clothes of NPCs and architecture - that person [or group of people] is a genius. The music is awesome too. I wish only that the world in game was a bit more open, but it is still a perfect game for me, so I won't really complain. You have action, you have some rpg. You can choose the way of your gameplay. You can make some choices. It is balanced - I wasn't bored even for one minute. I'm sure I will complete that game not only once. Now I want to play older Deus Ex : ) Expand
  49. Sep 4, 2011
    P / S. Forgive me please for my English, but I just want to express their emotions about this game. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - it's nostalgia! Deus Ex: Human Revolution - the best game of the year! Best RPG! Best stealth! Freedom of action! Nonlinearity of the plot! Multiple endings! Chic soundtrack! The atmosphere is great world of the future ... The game is worth the money, andP / S. Forgive me please for my English, but I just want to express their emotions about this game. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - it's nostalgia! Deus Ex: Human Revolution - the best game of the year! Best RPG! Best stealth! Freedom of action! Nonlinearity of the plot! Multiple endings! Chic soundtrack! The atmosphere is great world of the future ... The game is worth the money, and developers are worthy of respect, these games are very scarce. Nostalgia breaks when you play in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, remembered the time when he ran for the game Deus Ex ... more than 10 years have passed ... playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution run pleasurable sensations and memories of the past ... I've been so happy not games ... usually are not long trash and cling to, but this game pulls from the first minute .. Estimates of the project speak for themselves. Many gaming publication has withdrawn estimates put the project Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Quite generously appreciated - and many many maximal close to the maximum estimate. Another reason to give due attention to the game. These projects come out very rarely. Recommend that those who are not familiar with the game Deus Ex universe to begin with prequel ... and then go in the first part of Deus Ex, which was released back in 2000 ... I bought the game and do not regret it ... already wrapped 47 hours ... and the game no end. I recommend to make sure to watch the movie Blade Runner, a film old in 1982, but still interesting ... level design of the game is made just with a similar picture in the film ... Expand
  50. Sep 5, 2011
    As a fan of Deus Ex:Invisible War, I had high expectations for this title. Overall, I am very pleased with the finished product, and definitely recommend this title to anyone who likes first person shooters or RPGs. Deus Ex.: Human Revolution is an action role playing game with a mixture of first and third person combat, as well as social game play and problem solving. You play AdamAs a fan of Deus Ex:Invisible War, I had high expectations for this title. Overall, I am very pleased with the finished product, and definitely recommend this title to anyone who likes first person shooters or RPGs. Deus Ex.: Human Revolution is an action role playing game with a mixture of first and third person combat, as well as social game play and problem solving. You play Adam Jensen, a security specialist who is thrust into a war between rival corporations who develop mechanical body augmentations. This is a game with multiple endings, and multiple paths for every objective. I really enjoy games that give moral decisions to players, with differing outcomes. Music: The soundtrack for this game was very dark and visceral, and well put together. It reminded me of the score from TRON: Legacy, which is a good thing. Voice Work: The voice acting was nicely done. I'm not sure that Jensen's voice needed to be like he was whispering most of the time, but I was able to look past it. I am glad that they actually had many of the Chinese characters speak mandarin, and showed English subtitles when they spoke. It is attention to these details that make a quality product. Between that and the beautiful level design, especially Hengsha, I felt very immersed. which brings me to Graphics: This is a game that is easy on the eyes and on the video card. Think Blade Runner dipped in gold. The clothing that the characters wore was very stylized to be a mixture of futuristic and renaissance. I think the developers pulled it off perfectly. Adam's apartment is gorgeous, while watching his blinds open and reveal the city of Detroit below. The technology featured in the game was also very impressive, and came off as believable, especially when you read all of the in-game e-Books that you find, where they describe how the augmentations work. The weaponry came in light, medium, and heavy, for all different styles of shooters, as well as lethal and non-lethal. The hacking mini-game was fun at first, but later started to become a chore, especially after all the hacking upgrades, you knew you were going to win every time. Overall, a wonderful edition to the Deus Ex Universe, and a triumphant game. Congratulations Eidos Montreal. You nailed it! Expand
  51. Sep 8, 2011
    Games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution simply aren't made anymore. The last time we saw a game this flexible where you actually had a choice in how to play that not only affected story but gameplay around you was Vampire the Masquerade and before that the Original Deus Ex.

Great graphics, a deep augment system, tons of optional side content and big sprawling quest hubs make this game easily the best at what it does. Even better than the original.
  52. Sep 6, 2011
    Interesting story, cool main character and many ways of completing the game [ stealth/rambo style/"silver tongue :P] those are things I enjoyed about the game. However the graphics are terrible and look like from 2005, optimization is poor, dx 11 is a joke and well some mechanics are really bad for example shooting with guns also the ending was very disappointing and Megan's plot is dumb.Interesting story, cool main character and many ways of completing the game [ stealth/rambo style/"silver tongue :P] those are things I enjoyed about the game. However the graphics are terrible and look like from 2005, optimization is poor, dx 11 is a joke and well some mechanics are really bad for example shooting with guns also the ending was very disappointing and Megan's plot is dumb. I would give 7 but for a legendary game with high budget its too much and come on... ".bmp as a background wtf year do we have?? cause definietely it s not 2027... Expand
  53. Sep 6, 2011
    Great game and one of the best rpg games out now. I really hope the near future is like this in the way that when you walk down to the subway platform the train rolls up on command. My problem with the game is the constant go here - do that mission setup. I run around exploring rooms only to find when i go pick up my next mission (halfway across the map) I need to return to where I justGreat game and one of the best rpg games out now. I really hope the near future is like this in the way that when you walk down to the subway platform the train rolls up on command. My problem with the game is the constant go here - do that mission setup. I run around exploring rooms only to find when i go pick up my next mission (halfway across the map) I need to return to where I just was exploring. Or you complete a mission for someone and they send you back to the same spot to dig deeper. Expand
  54. Sep 6, 2011
    One of the best games I have played in a long time. I believe the game has to be played in its entirety to unleash the full experience. The plot takes a white to surface and the conversations are lengthy, but both are minor hiccups in an amazing game!
  55. Sep 7, 2011
    Ah! Deus Ex...it's been too long. Come take a seat by the fire, light a pipe and have a dram with me. That's the way I felt as I let my suspension of disbelief take hold and allowed myself to become fully immersed in the world of Adam Jensen. I decided early on to play in a specific style of stealth and pacifism which the experience system virtually pushes you towards right from theAh! Deus Ex...it's been too long. Come take a seat by the fire, light a pipe and have a dram with me. That's the way I felt as I let my suspension of disbelief take hold and allowed myself to become fully immersed in the world of Adam Jensen. I decided early on to play in a specific style of stealth and pacifism which the experience system virtually pushes you towards right from the beginning. I was pleased to see that they dropped the easy, medium, and hard mode selection in lieu of a "Story", "Challenge", and "Deus Ex" option. It's like looking in the fridge and seeing a bottle of rotgut whiskey and chocolate milk...we all choose chocolate milk occasionally and that's fine. I think this is a great way to allow casual players to enter into the game without feeling like they are cheesing out by selecting easy. I chose Deus Ex mode because I enjoy the extra fear from knowing you are two shots away from death at any time. Truth be told this is not a hard game even on Deus Ex, but it is an extremely rewarding one if you are willing to put the time into it which it deserves. A lot of people have commented on the lack of depth from the first Deus Ex, and I would have to agree. There's just not as much continuity and interconnected plot lines. Not only that, the play style and experience system is very silly. You get far more experience by finding every code for every door/computer (from the exploration rewards, not the actual codes in most cases), yet still hacking the consoles. In fact, this game toes the line of monotony so much so that without the great cast of characters and gripping plot, I would give the game mechanics a meh score at best. If you strip away all the story, the game would essentially be: enter area, look around area, sneak to security hub, hack security, disable guards, explore entire area and hack everything, rinse, repeat. Again, you don't have to play this way, but with that much experience just waiting for you to collect it, how can you ignore it? I can tell you now that I would play much differently in hindsight because at the end I was literally just putting points into skills which I would never really use. To be honest, you only need about one third of the skills, and about half of them are nice to have and the rest are just one time useful/gimmicky skills. So you don't have to scratch every surface and turn every rock over, and don't be afraid that you will be underpowered at the end. There are a few skills, in fact, that completely nullify major enemy game mechanics, essentially turning you into a demigod. Sort of silly that a character build can have that much effect. Combat or lack there of is very well done. Sneaking and disabling your opponents is very fulfilling on many levels. I successfully completed the game without killing any non-essential people, and I have to say that I felt like a good fellow inside. In comparison games like Space Marine which, albeit true to the mythology of the story, pride themselves on violence as a religion, Deus Ex allows you to feel connected to the well-being of the people who inhabit the world. Strangely enough, I found that not killing people is actually rewarding. Who'd have thunk? To return to the actual game mechanics, weapons are well thought out, and once you upgrade certain items to your specifications and combine them with the proper skill trees, you will find that you can handle almost every situation with precision and relative ease. I can't count how many times Deus Ex presents the user with situations where there are dozens of potential ways of completing a mission, all of which are completely viable. In certain places, I feel that Deus Ex is almost a combat sandbox. Do you want your sandbox to be filled with blood and bullet casings or left as untouched as possible? Heck do what I did, save all the time and experiment. That's really where I found the most joy in playing. I was able to answer all of the "what if I did this?" questions. To start where I began, for many of us geezers, playing Deus Ex is like bringing an old friend back in your life. Depending on how you play, you can turn this game in to a bit of a grindfest, but that is completely unnecessary. It's a wonderful story, a harrowing one even as it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities. It certainly will make me think twice about ordering that first augmentation... Expand
  56. Sep 7, 2011
    I made a mediacritic account just to review this game. This is the greatest game this generation. There are endless options to solving your goals, and the story takes place in a remarkably believable cyberpunk world. The science and technology is very intricately made with very plausible futuristic technologies, and problems. The political conspiracy -- the Illuminati everything about thisI made a mediacritic account just to review this game. This is the greatest game this generation. There are endless options to solving your goals, and the story takes place in a remarkably believable cyberpunk world. The science and technology is very intricately made with very plausible futuristic technologies, and problems. The political conspiracy -- the Illuminati everything about this game is perfect. This is art folks. This is nothing short of a playable cinematic movie, a visual book. This isn't just an entertaining story its a very believable - possible plot. And it will make you think what will be exposed in the year 2027. Enjoy this masterpiece of entertainment, I assure you will enjoy it. Metal Gear Solid fans will love this. Collapse
  57. Sep 8, 2011
    Sneak, Shoot, Hack, Chat - It's mostly up to you. This game adapts well to a variety of play styles and, while a great deal of the story is lost, it can be played as a straight shooter. When played as a steal/covert infiltration game it really shines, offering the played numerous rewards from story background via overhead conversations to hidden passages leading to all kinds of amazingSneak, Shoot, Hack, Chat - It's mostly up to you. This game adapts well to a variety of play styles and, while a great deal of the story is lost, it can be played as a straight shooter. When played as a steal/covert infiltration game it really shines, offering the played numerous rewards from story background via overhead conversations to hidden passages leading to all kinds of amazing places.

Only the mandatory boss fights and rushed feeling towards the very end prevent this from being a perfect 10. More on this later.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution stays almost painfully true to the original Deus Ex formula but does so with a different cast of characters in a setting 30 years prior to the events of the Warren Spector directed critically acclaimed original.

Their are numerous over-whelming similarities to the first game - but, without giving anything away, I'll just point out the very start of the game as an example, the following could apply to DX-1 or DX:HR interchangeably: You are given a choice of weapons before the first mission begins, both lethal and non-lethal. The story takes place in a situation where the officials are being held back while you go after the terrorist leader. If you've played the original you'll notice this is a trend; albeit, a very well executed trend. The only mini-game is for hacking, a ubiquitous skill that can be used for every computer, keypad, alarm, turret, robot and camera in the game (The later three via special security computers). It's simple to master and time doesn't stop when trying to hack a device so it presents a rare situation where the mini-game interfaces with the rest of the game dynamics as being spotted hacking is usually a bad thing.

Graphics are very good, with amazing detail, and I mean unique detail in almost every location. There were several downright breathtaking vistas and events.

If only the bosses didn't suck. These bosses miss the mark both as story characters and strategic fights. Two of the bosses I didn't even know the real names of until after the fight, and not because I'd skipped a cinematic, they are never properly introduced or integrated. Amazingly they chose to deviate from the original DX and added these as unavoidable bosses that can either be absurdly difficult or stupidly easy depending on tactics with little in-between. One boss in particular takes several hundred rounds to the head to kill... or a single well timed punch. Finally, the end has a feeling of rushed development and missing content. Several jarring issues towards the very end including missing quest markers, clearly missing/cut areas and even an in-game reference to cut budget (referring to non-working escalators) point to places that could have and should have had more meat at the end. But this is a little like complaining that there was too little icing on the dessert of the perfect meal.
  58. Sep 8, 2011
    One of the best games in my life. Maybe the best. An epic story, cyberpunk, combined with an atmosphere, which is really credible and an astonishing numbers of possibilities to complete quests (some I could not even think of at first). Besides the game has a lot of meaning and depth for nowadays gaming market. Great graphics and good performance at the same time. There's no clue, that thisOne of the best games in my life. Maybe the best. An epic story, cyberpunk, combined with an atmosphere, which is really credible and an astonishing numbers of possibilities to complete quests (some I could not even think of at first). Besides the game has a lot of meaning and depth for nowadays gaming market. Great graphics and good performance at the same time. There's no clue, that this could be some bad port. A must-have for every fan of cyberpunk and/or stealth-action and rpgs. A brilliant successor of the original Deus Ex. Expand
  59. Sep 13, 2011
    This game failed to keep my interest.

- The radiosity was really bad. Lacked color bounce and soft shadows I found that to be hurting the immersion of the game. - The hacking puzzles although maby good on paper, became really annoying and I started to begrudge them. - The AI was stupid and predictable like the AI I've seen on similar PSone games made 10 years ago like syphon filter or
    This game failed to keep my interest.

- The AI was stupid and predictable like the AI I've seen on similar PSone games made 10 years ago like syphon filter or metal gear.

By the time I got to the China hub, I lost interest completely and stopped playing. That was like a week ago. still haven't finished the game. I feel like I just wasted my 50 dollars.
  60. Sep 9, 2011
    While it's true that the game is "dumbed down" somewhat from the original game in the series, I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing. In fact, I'd more likely call the process "streamlining." Not to deny the quality of the original, but you must admit it was rather clunky, even for its time (God, that inventory system). For a true bastardization of the series, one must look noWhile it's true that the game is "dumbed down" somewhat from the original game in the series, I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing. In fact, I'd more likely call the process "streamlining." Not to deny the quality of the original, but you must admit it was rather clunky, even for its time (God, that inventory system). For a true bastardization of the series, one must look no further than Invisible War, the second installation.

As for the game itself, it was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in a long time. The voice acting (especially the VA for David Sarif), story, and atmosphere were top notch, and I even had a blast hacking all the doors and computers, which contain troves of information on the game world and its goings-on. The verbal confrontations with some of the major characters are absolutely breathtaking, as well.

On the other hand, there were a few things I didn't care for, however minor:
    1. The character models, while not bad by any means, felt a little lacking, especially for a PC title. The facial animations and hair textures were specifically jarring. Again, for me, a minor flaw.
    2. The hub cities somehow managed to be both confusing and boring in a lot of ways. It took me a while to get used to their multi-level layouts (the only way to get into an apartment complex is through a fire escape? Really, Detroit?), and there was a disappointing lack of sidequests scattered through the streets. The clunky map system didn't help matters, either.
    3. Not to regurgitate a common complaint, but I felt the mandatory and lethal boss fights were unnecessary and jarring considering the freedom of the rest of the game.
    4. One thing I should mention, though it's no longer an issue, is the load times. There were a lot of complaints about the excessively long loading screens, but this seems to have been fixed via patch, at least in the PC version.

Despite its small flaws, this is a fantastic game, and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the series or stealth/action games in general. Great voice acting, perfect atmosphere, intriguing story, and fun gameplay make this a release I wouldn't advise missing.
  61. Jan 19, 2012
    the gameplay is a great game allowing you to beat a level however you want, hack your way, stealth, killing, you choose, my only problems are the bosses as they require lots of ammo and are overpowering, but luckily bosses do not apear that often so it is not that bad.
  62. Sep 11, 2011
    First things first. The game is generally enjoyable and I would recommend it for someone that has money to burn. However, I did have lots of issues that shouldn't have been there for such a polished game. On PC, the graphics sucked balls for me. I could not set the filtering above Trilinear without the game crashing and telling me to launch the setup tool. I have a 9800GTX card whichFirst things first. The game is generally enjoyable and I would recommend it for someone that has money to burn. However, I did have lots of issues that shouldn't have been there for such a polished game. On PC, the graphics sucked balls for me. I could not set the filtering above Trilinear without the game crashing and telling me to launch the setup tool. I have a 9800GTX card which can generally deliver great framerates on higher settings. Once I configured the highest settings possible with no crashes, the graphics were worse than Half Life 2 (2004ish). 5 hours into the game I began to get frustrated with where the storyline was going. They made it clear from the very beginning that there was a conspiracy, but I didn't start to feel any sense of resolution or feel like my questions were beginning to be answered until the last 3 hours of playtime. I found myself constantly scrounging for ammunition and was scared to spend upgrade kits on my guns in case I no longer was able to use those guns. Other than that, I had a fun 21 hours and had an overall pleasant experience. Expand
  63. Sep 18, 2011
    Deus Ex is a classic, a cult game considered by many to be one of the best ever made, so itâ
  64. Sep 12, 2011
    This game is alot of fun, the story is compelling, the combat exiting and the graphics are quite beatifull most of the time. One of the few games of late that actually lived up to my expectations.
  65. Sep 12, 2011
    The game is simply amazing.... The graphics on the PC version are beautiul, the 360 looks good, but the PC looks fantastic at high res with all the settings on high. The atmosphere, lighting, textures, environments, character models, and music is just fantastic. The game's few low points are boss battles, some writing decisions regarding the main character, where you would think heThe game is simply amazing.... The graphics on the PC version are beautiul, the 360 looks good, but the PC looks fantastic at high res with all the settings on high. The atmosphere, lighting, textures, environments, character models, and music is just fantastic. The game's few low points are boss battles, some writing decisions regarding the main character, where you would think he wouldn't have done certain actions, and some timeline issues regarding Nicolette. This is one of those games that I'll go back and play from time to time, just like the original Deus Ex. This is the team's first game together, and they knocked it out of the park. If your a fan of the original, the devs definitely catered to you, lots of references to old characters from the the first game, old music layered into new, and some visual references too. If you enjoyed the first game, you will love this one. Expand
  66. Sep 12, 2011
    Another glowing review! Loved almost every bit of it. Good update to the classic Deus Ex formula. Buy it on your platform of choice. That's my recommendation, do you want to know what I didn't like? You don't? Well, just in case your on the fence, here are some cons: Boss battles are poorly implemented and completely irrelevant to the rest of the game. The ending leaves a little to beAnother glowing review! Loved almost every bit of it. Good update to the classic Deus Ex formula. Buy it on your platform of choice. That's my recommendation, do you want to know what I didn't like? You don't? Well, just in case your on the fence, here are some cons: Boss battles are poorly implemented and completely irrelevant to the rest of the game. The ending leaves a little to be desired. The game returns you to areas from earlier in the game, twice. But, these are really small issues. The gameplay is addicting and fulfilling. The story is better than average. Also, the PC version has all the bells and whistles you need without any typical console porting problems. Expand
  67. Sep 13, 2011
    The first thing I must say that I am new to the Deus Ex franchise, and I didn't played the original. Another thing I must say that I am thrilled with originality of Human Revolution. I like the graphic style, the music is fantastic, only small criticisms go to the AI and exaggeration in the battle against the bosses.
  68. Sep 13, 2011
    It has been over 10 years since the original Deus Ex was released and I was expecting more from Human Revolution. On a whole the game isn't bad but it doesn't offer anything new or innovative and feels like a missed opportunity for something much better. The graphics look a bit dated (especially some of the character models) but the game world is generally well designed and immersive. TheIt has been over 10 years since the original Deus Ex was released and I was expecting more from Human Revolution. On a whole the game isn't bad but it doesn't offer anything new or innovative and feels like a missed opportunity for something much better. The graphics look a bit dated (especially some of the character models) but the game world is generally well designed and immersive. The voice acting is good but is let down by the poor facial and character animations. There are several different ways to complete most objectives which generally keeps things interesting. You are rewarded with more XP for using non-lethal weapons and the game tries to encourage a stealthy approach but if you prefer to go in guns blazing the combat is a little disappointing. The AI is pretty average and the gunplay doesn't feel satisfying. The cover system is a great addition to the stealth side of game - it is smooth and easy to use. However it makes the combat even easier than it already is and you can just take cover and pick off guards one by one as they rather stupidly charge towards you. The augmentation system is a bit of a let down. I was really struggling to spend my praxis points towards the end of the game because some of the possible upgrades just seem a waste of time. There are some cool ones - being able to float from rooftops and stun groups of guards, throw heavy vending machines and smash through walls are great. On the other hand, some of the stealth and hacking options serve no real use and seem thrown in to make up the numbers. I really didn't like the boss fights. I've nothing against them if they are done right but Human Revolution's are just rubbish. Play the game and you'll see what I mean. They mostly involve running, taking a few shots at the boss and repeating. My main gripe about Human Revolution is that my choices in the game don't seem to have any consequence. In the original, if I went in to a mission guns blazing and no mercy it would upset certain characters but impress others. In Human Revolution I can break in to occupied apartments without the owner batting an eyelid. I can gun down the staff of an entire police station or murder all the patrons of a nightclub and as soon as you get outside the building, nobody cares. There are a few instances where not killing someone or helping a character will have a yield a minor reward later on but those choices don't seem to have any impact on the main story - at the very end you are presented with the four different endings regardless of the path you took through the game. Worse still, the possible endings and their implications are spelled out to you (twice) before you push one of four BUTTONS to end the game. I was really hoping that my actions throughout the game would dictate the ending or at least determine the endings I could achieve. No such luck. I got 35 hours of play out of Human Revolution, though I did complete all the side quests I could find and did a lot of exploring. If you just blitz through the story you'd be finished in 15 hours or so. Since you get all four endings on a plate at the end regardless of your approach I wouldn't find a replay very rewarding. Expand
  69. Sep 13, 2011
    The RPG I have been waiting for.Graphics are smooth,storyline is well planned and gripping,the music really fit the game's setting,voice acting is great,dialogues and the detail level in this game is just amazing.

The only bad side of the game is the bosses.They shouldn't have added them,or should have let us run away from the fight just like the original Deus Ex.The game just throws you at a "Bull" after you passed countless levels without killing or being detected by anyone and not firing a single lethal bullet.I didn't even unlock the typhoon augmentation,I didn't kill anyone,stealth is the way to play this.

Also,the dialogue with unimportant NPCs can get really hilarious because they didn't work on the behavior of those unimportant NPCs.For example:I bursted into laughter when an old guy(I won't say who he is since that'd be a spoiler I guess) came near me,holding his hands together like a little girl and with the facial expression of ":3",saying "Adam?" with a surprised tone.That was just pure hilarious.

Anyways,the game is great,I didn't like the "movie endings" thing either,they could have at least added an epilogue for each ending,but I guess they want to leave "What actually happened?" question to our imagination.I'm alright with that.Overall,great game.Deserves a 9.5
  70. Sep 14, 2011
    Fantastic game ...one of the best I've played. At first, I wasn't sure that I'd like it...but as I delve further into the game the better I liked it.
  71. May 6, 2012
    Mass Effect is **** compared to this.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  72. Sep 17, 2011
    Deus Ex doesn't live up to its predecessor, but it's still a decent game. PC controls aren't too bad and they're more customizable than the average PC port. Works fine in DX11, and post patches hasn't crashed for me at all. Despite all the blatantly obvious choices made to consoleize this game, it still remains above average for a PC game. Day 1 DLC was a stupid choice, and only 2 uniqueDeus Ex doesn't live up to its predecessor, but it's still a decent game. PC controls aren't too bad and they're more customizable than the average PC port. Works fine in DX11, and post patches hasn't crashed for me at all. Despite all the blatantly obvious choices made to consoleize this game, it still remains above average for a PC game. Day 1 DLC was a stupid choice, and only 2 unique hubs made this game feel rather small. The story isn't terribly long for an RPG (25 hours on hardest difficulty first time), there aren't a ton of side quests, and the game was way too easy. All this aside, I enjoyed the experience and hope that if the series continues the developers return to their older roots. Expand
  73. Sep 18, 2011
    Very good game. The versatility of options in combat, that made the original so good, are ever present here. That is its biggest winner, the rest of its good points come with the inevitable comparing to its predescesor, that its good, but not as good. I guess with the lofty expectations of Deus Ex, anything but amazing gives a bad wrap. Compare it to many fps titles around nowadays andVery good game. The versatility of options in combat, that made the original so good, are ever present here. That is its biggest winner, the rest of its good points come with the inevitable comparing to its predescesor, that its good, but not as good. I guess with the lofty expectations of Deus Ex, anything but amazing gives a bad wrap. Compare it to many fps titles around nowadays and this is, pants down, worth your money, go buy it now.

The story is good, but lacked the twists, turns and suspense of the original. The graphical polish isnt there. In places I really feel the designers and writers wanted more impact from moral decision making. This for me could be seen in the games culmination at the end. The fact you could quick save the game, choose among 4? outcomes, watch the video, hit f8, then choose another in seconds. No finality, which lead to a lack of replayability, for me.

One of my biggest beefs was the atmosphere created through level design. The original included a third major city to explore in paris, this distinct third location really blew your mind back then in emphasising the scale of the story. I found it really immersed me. This had me immersed right up to the return to detroit?, detroit then china was good, but it needed one more distinct city, hub of quests, to explore and make it great. I would have liked a combo of picus studios with a unique city and scrap singapore. The remote ocean-base was great, that was a real winner.

The hacking mini-game was alrite up to the revisit to china, i hacked everything and anything I could. I felt it needed maybe a lock pick (especially conisdering the original with the autokey tool) in a mini-game format, or maybe make hacking vid cameras/turrets/robots a mini-game.

Save this for the end where nobody reads it eh? ok! BIGGEST BEEF = WHY NOT INCORPORATE MORE OF THE ORIGINAL STORY??????!!!!!!!!!!!! My god, why not fit the denton brothers in here somhow? It baffles my mind from a story writers point of view this is such a treasure trove of amazing 'blow your mind' tie ins with the original. And the game has SOOO much scope for these tie ins and they did it almost no justice, thats probably my biggest beef, but no it isnt, the atmosphere is, LOL. I really shldnt complain about story considering the fricking junk that comes out of game makers nowadays, like omg my imported pet giraffe meat could write a better story then that kind of story.

The most important thing for me, is all being said and done, im happy with this being what it is in the series, its a fine addition and im really excited with the DLC content from a story perspective. I hope to see alot of unique locations and story tie ins that I greatly reckon was planned but got cut in trying to push it out the door for consumers.
  74. Sep 19, 2011
    I missed the original Deus Ex and wasn't regretting it. I was never fan of it. But when I tried DE: HR I realized, that this is the first game in a long time, which I really enjoyed. Graphic component may seem old to those guys who are fond of Crysis (GRAPHICS!!1), gameplay may seem dull to the ones who are fond of Shooters and persistent action.
    As I have already said, this is the first
    As I have already said, this is the first game since Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) which I enjoyed.
    You just should put your headphones on, turn of the lights and live this game. This is no shooter, this is no RPG, this is no horror. This game is just different. I completed ~50% of the game without even killing anyone. Graphics are just fine. Not hi-end technologies, but everything is smooth and shiny.
    Music is really great here. One should never turn it off.
    Speaking about dialogs... Well, facial animation is way too far from L.A. Noire (okay, every game is), characters' movements are kind of wooden, but you just forget about that, because voices are very emotional (there are few, very few exceptions) and dialogs are written very well, there are almost no usual 'stamps'.
    What I really liked about this game is the fact that you can really find many solutions to complete something. Developers were talking about it earlier, but, unlike the other games THERE ARE. You can kill people, you can turn them off, you can find hidden entrance - well, there are really many solutions and approaches to every mission and quest completion.
  75. Oct 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a wave of sweet nostalgia that reminds you of the original while captivating you into trying to complete the game in one sitting. Expand
  76. Sep 20, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games of the 21 century, really! I havent been so involved into a gameplay and the story of the game since Ive played Metal Gear Solid on my Playstation 1. This game is trully an epic shooter with dozens of elements to chose from. Everyone will find something for himself! If you like games with an awesome story and beutiful art - this game is a MUST HAVE!This is one of the greatest games of the 21 century, really! I havent been so involved into a gameplay and the story of the game since Ive played Metal Gear Solid on my Playstation 1. This game is trully an epic shooter with dozens of elements to chose from. Everyone will find something for himself! If you like games with an awesome story and beutiful art - this game is a MUST HAVE! Incredible, Fascinating, Mind Blowing, you will remember the game like you rememeber one of your favourite movies. I recommend it to all "Game" fans no matter what genre games you play! MUS HAVE! Expand
  77. Sep 20, 2011
    This game is awesome! One of the best stories in a game, one of the best soundtracks in a game, one of the best protagonists in a game and one of the best sceneries in a game.In short: one of the best games ever! For me, this is the game of the year, sorry to MW3 and BF3 fans.
  78. Sep 24, 2011
    Excellent. It defiantly surpassed my expectations, when I first pre-ordered it I didn't expect that this was going to become one of my top favorite games. I only had a couple problems with it, I think it would've been great if they gave you more of an option to focus on melee combat, I would like to use my extreme cyborg powers strength and reflexes to take people down face to face, andExcellent. It defiantly surpassed my expectations, when I first pre-ordered it I didn't expect that this was going to become one of my top favorite games. I only had a couple problems with it, I think it would've been great if they gave you more of an option to focus on melee combat, I would like to use my extreme cyborg powers strength and reflexes to take people down face to face, and although the cut scene/battery system they have is great, there really isn't much of a way to make a character that is completely centered around melee rather than guns. I found that rather disappointing, but other than that, great game, pretty decent character progression with the augments. It's on my top favorites. Expand
  79. Sep 26, 2011
    -Truly great RPG, stealth-shooter game, don't expect to go in guns blazing like you would in a standard shooter. -Well crafted and believable world, well above average story, but very cheap and frustrating bosses (specially the first one). -Graphics might be a let down for people who only saw the pre-rendered trailer, but hold up to standards.
    -Great voice acting (varies between characters
    -Great voice acting (varies between characters you meet), but unclear dialogue options sometimes.
  80. Sep 28, 2011
    For me it was even a little bit too long. But the ending was worth waiting. Adam Jensen has the best voice in whole games history! It was a really good time, that I spend with DXHR.
  81. Oct 1, 2011
    Firstly, the flaws: the main character's voice sounds comically like Napoleon Dynamite, the main character is security chief of a large corporation yet receives no income or a supply of guns and ammo from his employer - in fact, he has to resort to breaking into people's apartments to steal money and other items just so he can the tools he needs to do his job properly! Enemies cannot jumpFirstly, the flaws: the main character's voice sounds comically like Napoleon Dynamite, the main character is security chief of a large corporation yet receives no income or a supply of guns and ammo from his employer - in fact, he has to resort to breaking into people's apartments to steal money and other items just so he can the tools he needs to do his job properly! Enemies cannot jump or climb ladders or crouch into crawl spaces, making them easy to evade. The stealth enhancement (invisibility) makes the game far too easy. Auto-unlockers make hacking too easy. Too few side-quests. Cities are merely hiding places for credit chips and ammo, when they could be so much more. The game is linear. The positives: the game is great fun, compelling, with a strong story-line and convincing atmosphere. The option of stealth vs. homicidal gameplay allowed me to play the FPS I want to play, and at my own pace. Overall, I highly recommend this game but felt that it almost belonged to the Hitman series of games (albeit, a hitman with insane gadgets), rather than Deus Ex. If there's a Deus Ex 4, it should build on the foundations laid here. Well done, EI & SE. 8.5/10 Expand
  82. Oct 4, 2011
    This game was awesome Story line, 9/10 story, 9/10 mechanics, Sadly Graphics were a bit lacking for me... Has the crisp look of decent graphics an wants to maybe something great but everything has this fogged haze look to it... I dunno if they were trying to set a enviroment with that or what... but I give the graphics 6/10 for the title I expected.
  83. Oct 3, 2011
    A great and interesting game. each time you make a decision it changes the play of the game. One of the best games i've ever played. Since owning this game I've played it twic e from start to finish and am just about to start for a third time.
  84. Oct 5, 2011
    This is easily the best game I have ever played in my life. That is an incredibly heavy statement comming from me. Better than the first in every way. It's not just hype either, I've been TRYING to find things to dislike. I can't, it's so fluid, and just.... wonderful.
  85. Oct 5, 2011
    An amazingly refreshing game in a time of linear stories and set-piece explosions. You truly do feel as though you are making your own decisions and paths as you play through Deus Ex, and it is this that makes the game so memorable. The story and atmosphere that the game delivers are excellent and makes you feel very connected to the game. If you spend time reading the back-story stuffAn amazingly refreshing game in a time of linear stories and set-piece explosions. You truly do feel as though you are making your own decisions and paths as you play through Deus Ex, and it is this that makes the game so memorable. The story and atmosphere that the game delivers are excellent and makes you feel very connected to the game. If you spend time reading the back-story stuff such ass e-mails and pocket secretaries, the debate between Pro-Augmentation and Anti-Augmentation beliefs that take place in the game will have you constantly asking yourself where you would stand on this matter in real life. The game does lack in character development however, and even Adam Jensen, the main character, won't hold too much weight in your heart as there just isn't enough development any character to get you to care about them. The only other complaint I have about this game are the boss battles, which are almost all completely horrendous. These problems are easily overlooked however, as you will be so wrapped up in the Deus Ex universe that you will hardly care. Expand
  86. Oct 6, 2011
    This is one of the best games to be released this year. I had this pre-ordered on Steam, best gaming purchase this year so far. The game runs like a charm on my 6950 and i like the gold-black powered art-direction in this one, it appears fresh in what appears to be a market flooded with UE3 games with no work in the art department. Sure people have been complaining that the graphics aren'tThis is one of the best games to be released this year. I had this pre-ordered on Steam, best gaming purchase this year so far. The game runs like a charm on my 6950 and i like the gold-black powered art-direction in this one, it appears fresh in what appears to be a market flooded with UE3 games with no work in the art department. Sure people have been complaining that the graphics aren't up to 2011 standards but this one is all about the gameplay. I played it in total stealth in both my playthroughs and the only major complaint i have are the boss battles. I play the game like a pacifist rarely using even my stun gun and you throw me a bullet sponge. Luckily i'm a hoarder while playing such games and i got through most bosses throwing proximity mines i picked off of walls. This game surely deserves a 9+ but i don't understand who made the decision to outsource a crucial gameplay element. I am looking forward to the upcoming dlc which has a boss battle designed by Eidos Montreal this time around. Also i think the game won't play well as a shooter but maybe that's just me because i am the stealth kinda guy. Expand
  87. Oct 6, 2011
    When I first decided to buy this game I was a bit hesitant. Not having played any of the previous of this series I really had no idea what to expect. However after reading a couple good reviews I decided to buy it and i haven't looked back. This game is amazing, from the storyline to the combat to the subtle laughs the game is the best i have played in a while. I am a big fan of RPG's. IWhen I first decided to buy this game I was a bit hesitant. Not having played any of the previous of this series I really had no idea what to expect. However after reading a couple good reviews I decided to buy it and i haven't looked back. This game is amazing, from the storyline to the combat to the subtle laughs the game is the best i have played in a while. I am a big fan of RPG's. I love games like Oblivion and Morrowind, yet I can honestly say this game trumps both of those games. The game looks beautiful, despite all those to say it looks like a console game. Honestly I think what people find fun is opinion, yet I fin it funny how much people expect from a game in this day in age. I had fun, so will you Expand
  88. Oct 8, 2011
    I think it's a good game at all. It has a good storyline, good game play, and a good atmosphere. The music is great and world of the game is well designed. But it could have been better in AI, and should have better graphics. The enemy's AI is really dumb, and the graphics especially the textures in the world are sometimes really low quality.
    But the game brings on very serious problems
    But the game brings on very serious problems that humanity is already facing right now.
    I would give it 6 or 7 points but the ending is so great, I give it 8 points.
  89. Oct 9, 2011
    This game is ok. It could use some improvement with the AI, and the general shooting game-play sucks. Overall though, not a bad game, just needs a little work in different areas.
  90. Oct 9, 2011
    I am in love with this game, it is the only game that i have played recently of this genre that as soon as id completed it i wanted to go through it again :)
    Chasing the Pacifist and Foxiest achieves at the moment.
    The scenario is believable and the overall finish of the game is polished and smooth looking. The many options available to players to complete each task is refreshing and is
    Chasing the Pacifist and Foxiest achieves at the moment.
    The many options available to players to complete each task is refreshing and is probably one of the reasons i could easily replay this game several times, trying to find new and better tactics to complete tasks is so much fun :)
    Im looking forward to trying the latest DLC and hoping more is incoming.
    This is one of those rare games that come along that, if it wasnt for the original already doing it, would set the benchmark for the entire genre.
  91. Oct 11, 2011
    Human Revolution might have been my favorite game of 2011 if not for the constant lockups . considering I've played through several games on my current pc with zero issues including ' Rage', this must be a Deus Ex problem. Nevertheless I completed the game, and would recommend it to anyone who likes a good story driven adventure you can play the way you want. stealth , espionaige, or allHuman Revolution might have been my favorite game of 2011 if not for the constant lockups . considering I've played through several games on my current pc with zero issues including ' Rage', this must be a Deus Ex problem. Nevertheless I completed the game, and would recommend it to anyone who likes a good story driven adventure you can play the way you want. stealth , espionaige, or all guns blazing.... Expand
  92. Apr 13, 2013
    Great game, great feel, great environment, great gameplay. It's not perfect, but nothing worth mentioning.

I played about an hour of the game at first, then put the game down for almost a year. I don't know why, but I didn't get into it at first. Maybe because I had just got my gaming pc, and I wasn't to used to the keyboard and mouse setup. I don't really know. I try not to dwell on it. That was in the past. Things have changed.

HOWEVER, I picked it up again, bored one day, and I played the f-word out of it. Until I beat it. And I'm about to start a whole other play through. I hope they put another one out, and soon.

Great game.
  93. Oct 14, 2011
    Excellent shooter and espionage game, very addictive. A good story, well thought out. It's a game that needs concentration. It is interesting, brilliant.
  94. Oct 14, 2011
    I absolutely loved this game. The graphics were great, the game play was good and the story was amazing. This is exactly what a Deus Ex game is supposed to be. The one flaw is the fact that boss fights felt like they were completely separated from the rest of the game. The main game allows you to use your talents to accomplish goals in a multitude of ways while the boss fights were runI absolutely loved this game. The graphics were great, the game play was good and the story was amazing. This is exactly what a Deus Ex game is supposed to be. The one flaw is the fact that boss fights felt like they were completely separated from the rest of the game. The main game allows you to use your talents to accomplish goals in a multitude of ways while the boss fights were run & gun fests. If the boss fights were like the rest of the game I would give it a 10. Expand
  95. Jan 13, 2013
    Everything has already been said about this gem among RPGs. Spectacular world, one of the best music in game industry, superb voice-acting. So why not 10/10? The game was unbelievably easy. I died like 5 times on the hardest difficulty. For this I blame poor AI. Enemies line of sight is extremely limited, they are easily lured into kill spot. Credits are useless. During the whole game IEverything has already been said about this gem among RPGs. Spectacular world, one of the best music in game industry, superb voice-acting. So why not 10/10? The game was unbelievably easy. I died like 5 times on the hardest difficulty. For this I blame poor AI. Enemies line of sight is extremely limited, they are easily lured into kill spot. Credits are useless. During the whole game I bought only few mods for weapons and kits. Hacking is too easy if you have put points into it. Game doesn't reward you for looking for passwords/keys; hacking is always way to go if you want to max out reward. Choices you make have almost no consequences. It doesn't whether you kill everyone or not (except for the Pacifist achievement). And yet I still rate this game 9/10. The story and everything around human r/evolution went really deep, asked interesting questions and provided all different opinions though individual characters. Expand
  96. Oct 15, 2011
    Awesome game, thoroughly enjoyed it and played it through twice (2nd run was no kills for achievement), my only criticisms would be the inventory and some slightly wooden voice acting.
  97. Oct 16, 2011
    I'll be one of the first to admit I was one of those people who questioned, "Deus ex 3? Really? That surely can't work." Almost a decade after the release of the last instalment, Deus Ex: Human Revolution successful re-establishes the franchise as one of the best games this generation. Regardless of the time scale between releases, DE:HR retains all of its predecessors tropes.I'll be one of the first to admit I was one of those people who questioned, "Deus ex 3? Really? That surely can't work." Almost a decade after the release of the last instalment, Deus Ex: Human Revolution successful re-establishes the franchise as one of the best games this generation. Regardless of the time scale between releases, DE:HR retains all of its predecessors tropes. (Thankfully not falling victim to popular modern game designs practice, that every game must look and play like the most successful of that particular genre.) Although DE:HR has a lot to be desired in the graphical front, it isn't a bad look game, but don't expect it to be winning any awards any time soon. Aesthetically it seems to take a very stark approach. Which might sound like a negative comment, but it's not, it defines the Mise en scène. When mixed with the darkness of each city and the eerie glow of the street lights, you'll forget all about of low res/ low poly the game looks from time to time. So, to sum up. Go buy the game. Expand
  98. Oct 16, 2011
    I simply love this game! Great story, great gameplay and full of things to explore.
    Graphics may not be the best, but still looking good.
    First time I beat the game made me start again on hardest difficulty.
    Recommended!
  99. Oct 20, 2011
    This is pretty much a prime example of a game that is simply an unequivocally true sequel/prequel to a game that has simply begged for a real sequel/prequel since the original game was released. I'm sure that many have felt for a very long time that the second game in the series wasn't really a good Deus Ex sequel at all for one giant glaring flaw, it just didn't feel like a Deus Ex game.This is pretty much a prime example of a game that is simply an unequivocally true sequel/prequel to a game that has simply begged for a real sequel/prequel since the original game was released. I'm sure that many have felt for a very long time that the second game in the series wasn't really a good Deus Ex sequel at all for one giant glaring flaw, it just didn't feel like a Deus Ex game. Even though I honestly see the second game as being a just plain awesome stand alone game, I can definitely see why people don't like it. With Human Revolution everything that sequel ruined is totally redeemed. which is why if I could I'd give it the nick name of "Deus Ex: Redemption". However I've only played through the game once, though it only took me one play through to see that almost everything about this game warrants at least three play through's so consider that, and then factor in all the ways there are to play the game, and you just might have the ES:Oblivion of futuristic sci-fi rpg's. Expand
  100. Oct 23, 2011
    great storyline,Love the Characters of this game,love the way how to complete an Objective,I like exploring on this game,The Inventory system make me feel nostalgia when I played RE 4,I love that too.there's separate story if we make wrong/other choices.that make me play this game again and again.the Augmented upgrade yess that's Cool,the cons of this game is just the graphic, I reallygreat storyline,Love the Characters of this game,love the way how to complete an Objective,I like exploring on this game,The Inventory system make me feel nostalgia when I played RE 4,I love that too.there's separate story if we make wrong/other choices.that make me play this game again and again.the Augmented upgrade yess that's Cool,the cons of this game is just the graphic, I really dissapointed when first time I played this game.the graphic is kinda different from it's trailler Expand
  101. Sep 7, 2011

There are only a few games this year we suggest to 16-yrs old gamers and their fathers together. Human Revolution for sure is a Game of the Year nominee. [Oct 2011]
    So despite the odds being stacked against it, Eidos Montreal accomplished the impossible and brought us a Deus Ex in the true sense of the word, probably the best one that we could have hoped for considering the current "requirements" for being commercially successful nowadays.
  3. Oct 10, 2011
    A worthy successor to one of the greatest games ever. It offers a lot of choice on many levels and feels like an RPG from years past - in a very good way. One of the best, if not the best game of 2011. [Oct 2011]