9.1

1. Aug 25, 2011
    Diablo II LoD is amazing Action RPG game. This is one of my favorite games and i love this ;)
    Really good gameplay = + 1000 h played :D
  2. ERB
    Jul 28, 2013
    Interesting game play and story.Diablo 2 Lord Of Destruction is a game worth playing.
  3. Jul 5, 2011
    DIABLO 2 LOD Diablo 2 is my favorite game to this date the LoD Expansion was great is really helped to extended the life of this game's community which is still Thriving to this date. Blizzard better make DIABLO 3 Epic to top this we had a decade of Diablo 2 gameplay the change is going to be way harder than that of Diablo to Diablo 2.
  4. Aug 19, 2012
    Blizzard North, Matt Uelmen, just an amazing and fun game that has lasted the test of time - no other PC game has been selling off the shelves of retailers for the past 12 years and continuing. One can only imagine if this superstar team had made Diablo 3....
  5. Feb 28, 2012
    This expansion pack comes from an era where crappy over-priced DLCs didn't existed and people only paid for awesome content from their developers. An awesome addition for an equally awesome game.
  6. Jul 4, 2012
    One of the best in the history of humanity. Nothing more to say. If I would have to choose ONE game to take with me to a lone island to play for the rest of life - that would be Diablo II (of course with Lord of Destruction ;) )
  7. Jun 2, 2012
    Diablo 2 LoD may very well be the best game ever made. In as far as today's standards go, the graphics may be lacking, but it would be unfair to rate an 11 year old game in such a manner. Gameplay, items, hostility based PvP, it blows everything else out of the water. It, at it's prime, had such a strong community, and even by today's standards has an excellent multiplayer layout as farDiablo 2 LoD may very well be the best game ever made. In as far as today's standards go, the graphics may be lacking, but it would be unfair to rate an 11 year old game in such a manner. Gameplay, items, hostility based PvP, it blows everything else out of the water. It, at it's prime, had such a strong community, and even by today's standards has an excellent multiplayer layout as far as chatting, game creation, ease of use, etc. is concerned. By seperating it's two forms of Battle.net (Open and Closed) it allowed you to play "legit" on Blizzard's Closed servers, and still allowed you to explore the game mechanics and edit characters and bring those "hacked" characters in for amazing PvP on the P2P Open Battle.net servers. Favorite game of all time, hands down. Expand
  8. Aug 26, 2011
    anyone else notice how the only guys giving this a bad score sound like they're kids that only play open battle net? one of the greatest games ever in my opinion.
  9. Apr 27, 2011
    Best game of its kind. Lots of classes/skills. Still has tons of people playing it 10years later. If you are looking for a Top-view RPG id highly recommend this game.
  10. Jun 4, 2012
    L.O.D adds so many good things to the original game that you can't imagine Diablo 2 without it. We can only complain that the new chapter (the 5th) is too short, its storyline is not very interesting and the added cinematics are not as great and dark as before.
  11. May 30, 2014
    Best game ever,
    Awesome story with movies.
    The expansion gave so much to this game,lots of uniques,runes,runewords.
    I love trading in this game.
    You do repetative things in it,but they are fun,and you get rewarded..(unlike some wannabe sequels)
    From personal experience,i played hundreds,thousands of games,old and new,but this is the only game that has the magic.It never bores me.
  12. Jul 20, 2013
    Simply the best ARPG of all time. The graphics are dated now, but no D2 clone has come close to the replay value and fun of D2:LOD. Battle.net set the standard for all ARPGs that followed it.
  13. Sep 13, 2011
    Diablo 2 has one of the greatest loot, stat and talent systems in video games and has been very influential in the industry. The character classes are fun and interesting and give the game great replay value. While there are some awesome locations and enemy designs, I didnt find the story, atmosphere or enemy design better than the original Diablo asides to a few exceptions. Many of theDiablo 2 has one of the greatest loot, stat and talent systems in video games and has been very influential in the industry. The character classes are fun and interesting and give the game great replay value. While there are some awesome locations and enemy designs, I didnt find the story, atmosphere or enemy design better than the original Diablo asides to a few exceptions. Many of the enemies were stupid - cats warriors, little jungle tribe imps, bug swarms in the desert and the demons Mephisto and Bael looked pretty dumb compared to how awesome the demon Diablo was. The story has some good memonts and ideas but was not as compelling as the more simple but superior original Diablo with its more traditional demons, terror in the cathedral and memorable characters in Tristram. So in the end Diablo 2 is great but I cant help but say that some aspects were better in the orginal Diablo. Expand
  14. Nov 21, 2011
    The expand is the best thing blizzard do to this game, new act 5 new classed and new items and more. Now the expand was the biggest upgrade for this old game diablo 2. Why the expand because people are getting little boring to keep killing diablo over and over again. So the added a extra boss. With new bonus sets of armors allot of new mobs and so on. Best expand ever.
  15. Aug 5, 2013
    THE ARPG, this is probably my favorite arpg ever made. Great story, loads of fun alone, on LAN, and online, a truly great game that should be played by any fan of ARPGs.
  16. Mar 8, 2012
    One of my all time favorite games, and a must play! If you ever think you are bored.. it's because you are not playing this game=] lol =] If you played Diablo or not do yourself a favor and immerse yourself into hours upon hours of L.O.D
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was the first game I ever truly played. It all started when my Papa (grandfather) got diablo and then Diablo II. He used to wake up early in the morning, fix coffee, and kill demons. I WAS HOOKED. I played this all through highschool, and was truly addicted. I thought about it all day at school, played it with my quarterback (and best friend) on the football team. In fact,This game was the first game I ever truly played. It all started when my Papa (grandfather) got diablo and then Diablo II. He used to wake up early in the morning, fix coffee, and kill demons. I WAS HOOKED. I played this all through highschool, and was truly addicted. I thought about it all day at school, played it with my quarterback (and best friend) on the football team. In fact, after our games (on thursday) we'd play all night and go to school the next day with zero sleep. THATS a true testiment to a great game. Ive probably put in over 1000 hours into this masterpiece. The music is phenominal, Matt Uelman (sp?) is a great composer. The graphics are dark and gritty, and the ambient noises are the icing on the cake. This game does not get old unless you are playing it all alone. It has a huuuuge item inventory, and many different ways to play a character. Runewords are an awesome addition to the mix. The storyline is FANTASTIC, the cinimatics were way ahead of its time, and the commutity is STILL alive... almost two decades later. This game doesn't deserve a ten, CRANK IT TO ELEVEN. Hope this helps out some people.. I'll cherish memories of my Papa and the great times with my football friends as we killed demons together, and cherish them forever I shall. Expand
  18. Dec 31, 2011
    Brilliant game. Simply the best hack n slay rpg. Could have been a clear 10/10 if it had adequate online support. Somehow blizzard just pretty much accepted to have people running 10 mf bot sorcs, duping runes and they even left those bugged items like siggards belt on their closed bnet realm. Ofc such environment affects ingame trading systems and harms players personal satisfaction whileBrilliant game. Simply the best hack n slay rpg. Could have been a clear 10/10 if it had adequate online support. Somehow blizzard just pretty much accepted to have people running 10 mf bot sorcs, duping runes and they even left those bugged items like siggards belt on their closed bnet realm. Ofc such environment affects ingame trading systems and harms players personal satisfaction while playing. Expand
  19. Dec 20, 2011
    Couldn't be better. Long life, fun as hell, never surpassed as the king of action-RPGs. This expansion was the cherry on top of the best game ever. At least for me. The huge amount of playing hours in coop or solo speaks out for itself.
  20. Dec 29, 2011
    Best game of all time Limitless replay value, great story, pinnacle of hack and slash RPG gameplay
    BEST GAME OF ALL TIME Skyrim,Final Fantasy 6&7,Mario,Zelda and even my dear Mass Effect
    EAT YOUR HEART OUT !!
  21. May 14, 2012
    I've always played Diablo II + LOD together so I don't have much to say as for this add-on alone. Great game as a whole ... any RPG fan needs to have this game handy.
  22. Dec 5, 2013
    This game sets the bar that other hack and slack games are measured against. And it sets the bar very high. Single player is a passable experience, and it lets the time go by while you wait for some program to run/download/update/whatever, or while you watch a TV show at the same time, etc. However, the heart of the game is multiplayer, either LAN or Online. Then it becomes a fun fest ofThis game sets the bar that other hack and slack games are measured against. And it sets the bar very high. Single player is a passable experience, and it lets the time go by while you wait for some program to run/download/update/whatever, or while you watch a TV show at the same time, etc. However, the heart of the game is multiplayer, either LAN or Online. Then it becomes a fun fest of spells and melee. This is a strong contender for being the best LAN party game, because players of different skill levels can roughly keep up with one another, and there are several "easy mode" build options for beginner players to play. Advanced players can keep coming back again and again to find and craft the best loot possible and get every damage point possible out of their build.

The down sides to this game are that it's sometimes hard to get the graphics right on newer versions of windows because of compatibility issues. Some of the skills are just very poorly balanced. The item customization isn't as intricate as it could be. There's places where this game could be improved in a "HD re-release" type of scenario, but it stands tall even without modernization.
  23. Mar 7, 2012
    VERY good game. probably and unquestionnably the BEST RPG game out there. Dungeon Crawling originality, Item Hunting, Character builds such as Hammerdins, Smiterdin... Overall, this game is a nice and quality game, even as of 2012. I still play it from time to time, still waiting on DIABLO III. Hope they will stay true to the series, as for Diablo II i am giving it 9/10, simply becauseVERY good game. probably and unquestionnably the BEST RPG game out there. Dungeon Crawling originality, Item Hunting, Character builds such as Hammerdins, Smiterdin... Overall, this game is a nice and quality game, even as of 2012. I still play it from time to time, still waiting on DIABLO III. Hope they will stay true to the series, as for Diablo II i am giving it 9/10, simply because there is nothing else i can do on the game, i now it sounds ridiculous, but whatever. Still a VERY good game. Highly awaiting Diablo III Expand
  24. Mar 10, 2012
    The kind of game that i wouldn't start playing on other difficulty than easy. It is a great game, but on a second run i just used trainers, and even like that, i didn't finished the story again. But i know is the type of game that calls me in from time to time, and that's just what a good game does, it stays in the back of the mind. On other words, LoD is a good lesson to learn when goingThe kind of game that i wouldn't start playing on other difficulty than easy. It is a great game, but on a second run i just used trainers, and even like that, i didn't finished the story again. But i know is the type of game that calls me in from time to time, and that's just what a good game does, it stays in the back of the mind. On other words, LoD is a good lesson to learn when going for Diablo 3: there WILL be an add-on that will radically improove/enhance the original. So whi buy the original at the initial price, when i can get the battlechest later? Expand
  25. May 15, 2012
    One of the best games that have been made. Great gameplay, great story, great atmosphere. It is a great classic that every gamer should play. I still think Diablo 2 LoD is far better than Diablo 3. Well done Blizzard North, you shall never be forgotten.
  26. Jun 13, 2012
    Much better than Diablo 1 by far. Playing as a barbarian doesn't take 10 years to chase down 1 ranged enemy anymore. Sorceress is still overpowered in my opinion, and I simply used one spell the entire game. Adding reasonable sprinting is very nice. You have too much gold in this game than you can spend. The game was considerably longer than Diablo 1, and the quest system is 10x moreMuch better than Diablo 1 by far. Playing as a barbarian doesn't take 10 years to chase down 1 ranged enemy anymore. Sorceress is still overpowered in my opinion, and I simply used one spell the entire game. Adding reasonable sprinting is very nice. You have too much gold in this game than you can spend. The game was considerably longer than Diablo 1, and the quest system is 10x more useful. This is the first true RPG feeling Diablo in the series. The game had some annoying parts such as Baal at the end taking forever to defeat, but Diablo dies in a few spells. Still, overall much better than Diablo 1, and the story seems to continue onward even though I have no idea how it continues after the Lord of Destruction for Diablo 3. Expand
  27. Feb 18, 2013
    Diablo 2 current standard RPG. No one was able to approach him except Torchlight 2. I think that in this masterpiece of people will play for a long time. No comments.
  28. Apr 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. D2 was my first game I played with other players at first it was an ok ish game and they update the servers a lot.

I was on this game a lot I liked it until 20 10 or 20 11 when they decided to put in annoying spam bots in this game so making this game un-playable.

Sure you can press N to remove the messages but they come in your games a lot spam same stuff to you.

They is only 4 big acts you go on and an extra one to get but it's easy and short.

They is 2 new classes into this game which I enjoy to see some new faces to the game you got a Druid a guy who uses werewolf skills and shape shifter skills.

I would give this a 9/10 for the spam bots other than that it's a good game.
  29. Oct 13, 2013
    What else can You say about this game? It is absolutely the best game in the universe. Still after so many years I am playing it. Great gameplay. Mother of all hack n' slash games. It is beating in every way Dia3. Amazing, simply amazing. Danger: once You try this one, You will never stop.
  30. May 4, 2013
    An 8 for sure because of gameplay is good but a lot of people just hack like tommorw with bot hacks in duels or flash hack that gets on your nerves a lot but an excellent game 4 boring acts to do though I want more like WOW game.
  31. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/MultiPlayer (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (1/2) Visuals/Story (0/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/MultiPlayer (2/2)

Gameplay (1/2)

Visuals/Story (0/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

32. Oct 21, 2014
    Started playing D2 when I was *young*, and sure I got rushed through all the acts. Me and a buddy decided to bro-quest the game and beat it without outside help. Just the two of us. He played the paladin, I played the necromancer and we both had a great time. Honestly, just a few cheap but solid rune words make the game more than beatable.

One thing worth mentioning is that the online

One thing worth mentioning is that the online experience is made so much better by the online economy. a site called d2jsp, a trading forum, is one of the best places to find things worth doing. After, or maybe even part of that, it's a lot of fun to really theorycraft yourself some interesting character builds.
    In my mind, this game was the perfect experience.
  33. tkc
    May 27, 2014
    The ultimate hack-n-slash game full of diversity, great character progression, story, ATMOSPHERE, memorable characters...CLASSIC! If you've played it, you know how hard it is to play another hack-n-slash game.
  34. Jul 13, 2014
    Expanding on the original game, Lord of Destruction adds two new classes and a fifth act to play through as well as new monsters and items. No reason to not pick this up if you enjoyed Diablo II.

1. If you are an old Diablo fan, you probably already finished the expansion, and if you never even played Diablo II, well, now you can play a complete debugged game with seven available PC classes.
  2. With the two new character classes, fifth act, powerful new monsters, outrageous new magic items and craft system, the LoD will make you lose sleep, neglect your family’s needs and even miss work from playing it. It’s just that good.
  3. Has a lot of depth that's readily apparent, yet it takes a long time to really see how much is packed into this great expansion to one of last year's most addicting games.