8.7

1. Jul 2, 2011
    LOL, I'm reviewing a 11 year old game. Does that tell you how amazing it is? 11 years ago this very week my friends and I played this game nonstop for a week at my house. Ah, memories. Moving on, Diablo 2 is showing it's age now, with bad pathfinding, cramped spaces, and clunky menus. But even after 11 years Diablo 2 is as addictive as ever. At a recent LAN party we were deciding what to play, all the options with so many games coming out over the years. What did we decide on? Diablo 2. I believe this is the very definition of a timeless classic. Gaming's come a long ways with modern hits like Torchlight, but then again I always find myself coming back home. Ah, Diablo 2, I've missed you... Err, anyway, If you've never played it, be sure to download the Hi-Res mod first and go enjoy finding some chipped skulls! Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2010
    THE game that demonstrated to all the brio of the best studio in the world. Never had hack'n'Slash been so good. Had to wait for WoW to spend more time on a game. Could not have been more addictive and more fun. The expansion LoD brought a lot of good addition and tweaks while keeping the essence of the game. An absolute must in PC Gaming.
  3. Mar 8, 2012
    Many games still do not compare to the pure awesomeness and originality of this franchise. The overall fun gameplay and emersive storyline paired with groundbreaking graphics and game engine make this title immortal.
  4. May 25, 2012
    Diablo II is the best game ever. Very balance looting system: 3 different level with 3 different level of item. I would say diablo II > diablo I > diablo III
  5. Jun 12, 2012
    My favourite game,its addictive,awesome,epic and dark.
    Far better then D3.
    This was my first game i really played for a long time(4 years)
    It had some potion/clickfest,but it gave you a real slaughtering action,(With whirlwind u just massacred through hores of demons,in D3 u cant use that skill cause u die.)
    And items are awesome too,i had all of sets except paladin's griswold,but still it
    gives a feeling:"I did much into this game"

So,if you're new at gaming don't compare to D3!
    First play D2!
  6. Feb 28, 2012
    I have more then 20 years of gaming and this game managed to suck more lifetime from me then anything else in the videogame market history. Need to say more? Perfect 10.
  7. Feb 28, 2012
    Diablo 2 is the definitive loot-action-rpg. It has the perfect balance of drops, sizeable maps, and rich atmosphere. In the end - however, the thing that separates diablo 2 from countless other similar games is that diablo 2 takes itself seriously. It tells a story, it has a darkness and a sense of place. A dungeon feels like a road to some destination rather than just a 'level'. Which is surprising considering most of the levels are randomly generated. Expand
  8. Mar 24, 2011
    When ever people mention action RPG, this is the game they think of period, there have been many pretenders but none have quite managed to take his throne.

9. Oct 13, 2011
    There are certain games which are genre-defining. This is one of those games.
    I have personally played this game for thousands of hours - it just never gets old.
    If you have never played it, i have no clue what you HAVE been playing, probably "The Sims" or some other schlock.
    Blizzard may be the evil empire of gaming right now, but you cannot deny how monumentally epic this game is - and
    how it spawned an entire genre and dozens of copycat games.
    Diablo III is going to be unreal - get ready.
  10. May 19, 2012
    Way better than diablo 3. I dont see why they had to dumb down the d3 system after the formula for this game made it such a huge success. This game has great replay-ability, lots of different builds to try, and an easy way to reset stats if you mess up your build.
  11. Jun 6, 2012
    I spent over 10 years of my life playing this game and despite of playing some modern games like Witcher or Portal, I still like to make few-days-long sessions of Diablo 2. Every few months you just feel you want to play it sooo badly...
  12. Sep 4, 2011
    Hehe one of the most ,no the most addictive game to date :D Dark setting,epic characters (all 5 of them), epic enemies and allies (Diablo and Tyrael FTW), and epic ,epic gameplay, its simple ,yes but its soooo addictive...
  13. Jun 30, 2011
    Definitely the game that got me into Action RPG's and RPG's in general. Plays as your typical hack and slash RPG, but with a wide variety of classes and different talent trees per class to specialize into. I'll be frank, this game is meant to be played online, many classes have party supporting buffs, monsters are harder but give more exp in higher player games, and last but not least, you can get into the wonderous world of Diablo trading :), which might of been this games most addictive aspect, there are a LOT of rare items/runewords in the game and you are going to want to deck yourself out if you want to survive Hell. My only gripes with D2 are probably the most universal ones. No real end game content, very little support from blizzard to stem against bots/cheaters. Expand
  14. Jul 5, 2011
    DIABLO II I could write a huge review on this because i'm a big fan but who's gonna read it anyway this is my favorite game to this day nothing tops it, NOTHING. Just waiting for Diablo III now.
  15. Dec 16, 2011
    I don't know why, but it's damn fun. There is no reason for this game to be actually good, it's way too much simple, graphics and atmosphere is awful, it's VERY repetitive etc. But I enjoyed it a lot.
  16. Sep 12, 2011
    Still going strong 11 years after release. I played through it a couple of times back in the day. My girlfriend of 2 1/2+ years found her game cd when moving in as a roommate first before we started dating in 2009, had it pulled up one of the first few days we were roommates and was totally embarrassed when I walked in and saw it.
    After we started dating I ended up purchasing a new copy
    and we played through it together. Good times! Expand
  17. Sep 19, 2011
    People who give this game a score of less than 5 need to get their heads checked. Yea you might not like action RPGs or dungeon crawlers, but dont bash something because you don't like it. Rate it as is. This game is STILL played 11 years later. What games do you play 11 years after, not just a quick run through, LOTS of people still play and the game is still active. All this accounting the fact that there is NO NEW content, and spam bots everywhere... AND GRAPHICS DONT MAKE A GAME, gameplay does... graphics just support the gameplay. Expand
  18. May 26, 2012
    Re-installed after getting shafted with Diablo 3. Yep Diablo 2 is that good after 10+ years. buy this masterpiece instead of that POS sequel. Blizzard =/= Blizzard North. Blizzard Northmade D2 and not D3. No wonder D2 is so much better.
  19. May 15, 2012
    Well, after playing Diablo III, I decided to come back and review one of my older favorite games. This game would always have me hooked, restarting my account, getting to level 50 or so, get bored and quit. Eventually I would return and do the same exact thing... for 10 years. It's easy to say this is one of the greatest games I have ever played, and it still remains so.
  20. May 13, 2012
    I have been playing Diablo 2 since it was released. It is an old game, and it is so awesome it is still worth playing. I cant believe that people would buy it today, knowing it came out over 10 years ago, and complain about the graphics. There are some points of the game I did not like, as i do not really feel like all the classes were balanced, and some abilities were worthless. There was also a lot of skills, which made it really hard to build the character you wanted, but every character had a build that 'worked' Overall I am giving it a 9 out of 10 becuase of some minor kinks that were never really worked out. I can't wait till Diablo 3! Expand
  21. May 14, 2012
    Diablo II defines the era of hack-slash-loot RPG. This is the most epic adventure ever that a decade later most games still copy its mechanisms. Grinding loot usually gets boring in JRPGs but this western classic incorporates co-op elements flawlessly and loot varies in rarity as rewards. No RPG fan should be proud without spending 200 hours in Diablo II.
  22. Apr 1, 2012
    Este juego es epico!!!, ya es una leyenda en el mundo de los grandes, lo juego desde hace mas de 10 años y jamas me he aburido al punto de dejarlo completamente, no tengo palabras suficientes para expresar lo que es esta MASTERPIECE!!!
  23. Apr 7, 2012
    Simply brilliant. More enjoyable than half the games in today's market. A timeless classic that I'm sure I will spend many more hours playing. I recommended it to anyone who considers themselves an RPG fan.
  24. Apr 13, 2012
    Not knowing this game is like not knowing the game of chess. People who have had the courage to give it a negative review, not even deserve to live in this world, because they kill things healthy and fair.
  25. May 16, 2012
    super gameeee............ i love you DIABLO !!!!!!!!!!!!! .............................................................................................................................
  26. May 20, 2012
    Diablo 2 > Diablo 3 ...................................................................................................
  27. May 27, 2012
    The best action-RPG ever. Graphics are pretty bad even by the 2000 standards but the game play was amazing. You needed probably hundred of hours to complete all difficulty levels and reach a high character level. There were lots of items that made the game so amazing. Getting the best item was just so addictive. Absolutely recommendable game. Today, you can get it with the Lord of Destruction expansion set just for 20â Expand
  28. May 22, 2012
    The most addictive action RPG ever created so far. The long term playing factor is unmatched till today. If the game wasn't compromised by bots/hacks it would still be outstanding.
  29. Jun 3, 2012
    I'm writing this review from the perspective of someone living in 2000, used to 2000 graphics, and 2000 animation: Diablo II is much better than Diablo III.
  30. Jul 18, 2012
    This game took the premise of a dungeon-crawling game and simply made it better. The combat and graphics were excellent (for 2000), and the three difficulty levels made it so you could keep developing the same character for a ridiculously long time while still being challenged. The story is goofy, but who needs a complex story when you could be fighting big glowing demons, and slaughtering hordes of little goblin guys? Expand
  31. Jan 1, 2013
    Diablo 2 - Let the addiction begin. Pure epicness on the whole. So much heart went into this game that the only sorry part of it is that we'll never get another game like it ever. They never made this game to milk money out of you the more you played it. Yet, the core gameplay is easy to pick up and if you want to continue to learn more about what you can do there is just soooo much material online about it its not funny.

There is no way I can review this title and cover it. It simply has to be played to be believed. Just be prepared to manage lots of cool items that you can share with your many characters or friends. You can thank the old team of Blizzard North for this gem, pity the geniuses at Blizzard dismantled them. Btw, don't bother with Diablo 3 or any of the current Blizzard products. Different company different product lines, meaning pure rubbish.
  32. May 29, 2012
    Umm what can i say most addictive game i ever played. i mean non stop 24hrs but i dont think you will get the same community and actiblizzz has done a great job of not doing anything with the imba on the game still a great game an gets a 10 because i have never logged more hours on a game than this one i probably have 1 physical year day an night on this game love it an i makes D3 look bad you can actually customize your char all the way this is what diablo did right freedom of choice Expand
  33. Aug 19, 2012
    One of the greatest games ever made. The only other game that trumps Diablo 2 is the LOD expansion. Ground breaking, free online, endless gameplay, it goes on and on. 12 years and continuing, this game is still selling off retailer shelves which is unheard of for PC games. No ARPG has ever bested this game. Unfortunately, Diablo 3 sucks so bad it has tarnished the Diablo franchise and its the fault of Activision-Blizzard and their teams of incompetent twits lead by Jay Wilson. Expand
  34. Jan 5, 2013
    In my opinion the all time greatest game of all time. I played this game for well over a decade and i was a GOD. I bow to the creators for such a magnificent work of gaming perfection. You my friends are what make Acti-Blizzard look like fools. If i had the money i would buy the franchise, fire Jay Wilson, bring you all back and right the wrong that is D3.
  35. Aug 6, 2012
    If someone asked me "What is a timeless classic video game?" Diablo 2 would be the first game to come to mind. What can be said about D2 that hasnt already been said? D2, when released was groundbreaking to the genre. It redfined just what "hardcore" meant in gaming. It also catapulted Battle.net to one of the premiere, if not, the premiere gaming network. Battle.net's Diablo 2, along with Starcraft and Warcraft 2 (and later Warcraft 3), became one of the pinnacles of online gaming. I've spent countless hours hacking and slashing in the dark world of Diablo. 11 years after its release, and people are STILL playing. You will paly until your heart stops, until your eyes bleed, and you just cant get enough. Expand
  36. Sep 2, 2012
    Diablo 2 has to be one of the most addicting games ever made. How Addicting? So addicting that people were willing to spend real $ for items. Although that aspect killed some of the fun, Diablo 2 remains to this day a classic example of an extremely well put together hack and slash action RPG that stemmed a lot of ideas for newer games. For some reason, playing this game felt so fluid and fun, even though it was a click fest. Another amazing aspect was the continued support from Blizzard in patches, which gave the game more content each time. This game will always be a classic that creators look at for example. Like I said the only downfall was that some players became ebayer players and it was almost like pay 2 to be good. Expand
  37. Oct 1, 2012
    This old game was the best APG i have ever played. The best game i had and even a game that i'm actually keep playing. it's been 11 years since this game came out and it's going to be for me the best PC game i ever had. The only think it lacked it was space for the many items, gems and runes i had to save, you had to make several mules characters to save those items for you. Online playing was the pinnacle of this game experience, making it the best game to play with other players online. Collapse
  38. Feb 16, 2013
    Next June 29 its 13 years since I've first played this game (14 if you consider the 1999 shareware version) and tell you what?
    I HAVEN'T GOT ENOUGH YET!
    This game is addicting as oxygen, 7 playable characters (LOD expansion), item collecting, crafting, spells, gems, runes, hours and hours and hours of pure fun.
    The online is still alive after 13 years, and even if one day Blizzard will
    shut down the servers you still have the amazing LAN party option (I'm playing it right now with my GF).
    You can collect thousands of weapons and items, with thousands of possible upgrades or modifications (such as crafting, rune upgrades, gems upgrades).
    The story features 5 Acts with 6 missions per act, playable in three different difficulties (once you complete the campaign you unlock the next one).
    You can create a group up to 8 players online or on a TCP/IP lan party and play the campaign together with your friends.
    And if you feel nostalgic and want to see the graphics polished as they were on your CRT monitor, simply download the multires patch to increase screen resolution.
    10/10 TIMELESS.
    What are you reading at? GO PLAY IT!
  39. Feb 6, 2013
    This is still one of my favorite games of all time. While I will admit that time hasn't been kind to it, it still is as great as the day I first played it. It improves on the original in almost every way possible. Better graphics, better story, better characters, and even has a really great expansion to it to boot. I really feel sorry for anyone who didn't enjoy this game, as it will always have a place in my heart. Overall: Absolutely fantastic game that perhaps isn't up to modern standards, but then again this game is a perfect representation of the time it came out. Expand
  40. Aug 26, 2013
    A legendary game that created the aRPG genre. Obviously the graphics are really outdated nowadays but in general this game is and will ever be a classic. Must have, must play!

If you are a long-time Diablo 2 fan, go check out MedianXL excellent mod that made me play Diablo 2 for another 2 years.
  41. Dec 27, 2013
    Most addicting game ever created. No time for a review, must reach level 99.

Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
    Your review must be at least 150 characters long.

42. Dec 1, 2013
    In it`s time simply great. Cause this was a growing genre and this game define how to do it for whole decade. Ehm..no, LoD do that. This was just a great taste of progress with learning awesome skills and looting, story, atmosphere and best multiplayer experience. A living legend!
  43. Sep 6, 2013
    The best action RPG ever made and still amazed by it 11 years later. It was groundbreaking in its time, and no game has met its standards yet not even Diablo III. A must play for any hardcore dungeon crawler fans.
  44. Mar 8, 2014
    I just want to say that we are in 2014 now and that I never found a better game than Diablo 2 yet. This game made me addict to online games. This is the best way to express your agressivity. Just go PK some noobs arround in hardcore.
  45. Jan 19, 2013
    More than 1000 hours. That's how long I played this game across the many many years of magical enjoyment me and my friends had playing this RPG masterpiece. The loot is insane and the gameplay at hell difficulty was a savage but addicting experience. When Blizzard made this game, they sat together and said "Okay ladies and gentlemen, let's make the greatest RPG this world has ever seen!" And by God they succeeded! It's been 12 years now and I still remember all the subjects in high school I nearly failed because of this. Easily the greatest 2D single and multiplayer RPG of all time. Expand
  46. Feb 23, 2014
    The game is better than its predecessor in just about everyone! Starting with the graphics and music and ending with the gameplay. We have bigger and more open lands, five character classes (amazon, barbarian, paladin, necromancer and sorceress). Every character I played nicely and their skills were just cool. The only thing in this game is bad is the graphics. Even in those days it was quite poor. Besides, Diablo II is a very good game. Expand
  47. Oct 8, 2013
    i spend entire days without eating because i was playing this i didnt used to shower i didnt made my homework, i didnt put the thrash out i was a mess but i was a happy mess, playing diablo2 at the time was an awesome experience no games stole my time like diablo 2 did and maybe no other ever will since i m an adult now ...but DAMN the music the graphics(at the time), the dark atmosphere, its a terror RPG, you re not supposed to be afraid of playing RPGs but i was and it felt good this is what makes diablo 3 so painful its sooo freaking Happy ;__;7 rip diablo ,i will miss you Expand
  48. Sep 2, 2013
    *Consider this a review of both Diablo 2 and its expansion pack.*
    You know there is a reason why this is one of the most beloved games of all time. It, along with the original and a couple more are the only hack-and-slash games that I would actually consider good. In fact, this is so good that it is one of the 4 games that I think are worth the 10/10 rating and believe me, I don't say
    that lightly.
    Diablo 2 comes together so amazingly in every single aspect that it's hard to fault even today. Sound, graphics and overall presentation are all great and they hold up surprisingly well for a game that came out in the year 2000. But none of those things even matter, really. Even if they were below average this game would be great because of one single thing; the gameplay.
    It's fun to look at this game and see that Blizzard actually could balance classes and it is laughable that they still haven't been able to do that in World of Warcraft. Every class (including the two expansion-classes) is enjoyable, unique and never over-powered. They all have strengths and weaknesses and the only thing that will make you bad at this game is you. The challenge of the game escalates at a comfortable rate. The game understands that your skills during the first few quests won't be optimal and therefore you are allowed to make mistakes here and there. The challenge does come quickly, however, and that is where a lot of the fun comes in. When you spend 10 minutes trying to defeat a boss and you finally succeed, only to be greeted with the most fantastic loot you've received yet is one of the most rewarding experiences you'll ever have in a game. And if your play through wasn't hard enough you can start a new game plus mode after you've completed the game. You might think that replaying the same 5 acts again would be repetitive but it surprisingly isn't. The environments are varied between the acts and they are also to a degree, randomized. Don't think that you know where everything is just because you've done it before. And the enemy variety is superbly fine-tuned. New types of foes are introduced constantly and enemies return with new stats, skills, properties and tricks. On your second play through you will find that you cannot even kill some enemies with a certain tactic; to take down an ice-immune you can't cast ice-bolts and hope to kill them. And if THAT wasn't hard enough you can play a third and final time where everything is cranked up to max. If you aren't prepared you will be crushed (trust me, I learned the hard way) and that adds to this game's appeal.
    But why is this challenge so very welcome? Why is it even fun to play when you die? Because the loot is insane. The rare items you find will have magical properties that actually make a difference. You can receive skills that aren't even available to your class. You can pick up a sword that shoots fire-balls and it's just epic to behold.
    I can't even count how many hours I've put into this game and it would be an insult to not give it a 10/10. That doesn't mean it's perfect but it is so amazing that the flaws are completely overshadowed and barely noticeable.
  49. Apr 25, 2013
    Over a decade since its release, this game is still sold on retail shelves. What does that tell you? It's a great game, that's why. One of the best games ever made, and is surely on my top 10 list of the greatest games of all time. With the LOD expansion, well, it's even better. My reason for not giving a perfect score of 10 is because of the lack of quests. They are all the same, so that aspect gets very repetitive. But that is it, period. The rest of the game is just a blast. It's creepy, fun, addictive and will never get old. Don't miss playing this game. It's a gem. Expand
  50. Sep 5, 2013
    Still the best. I had to write this after playing DIII on consoles. While that game is quite good it doesnt come near Diablo II. So here is hoping that when DIII is a succes on consoles they'll bring DII to consoles as well. They just dont make games like this anymore; - perfect character building, needs planning and gives LOTS of unique builds - good difficulties, story, loot - great online and decent pvp (i never saw the fun in it but there were people going nuts over it) Expand
  51. Jul 30, 2013
    I no longer support Activision /Blizzard in anyway. But this game is Amazing, and was developed by the people who made torchlight2.. If you are interested in Diablo3 don't buy that train wreck of a scam, buy this....
  52. Sep 24, 2013
    A classic, that reminds us of a time when games were made for the game player, not for the profits of investment bankers. Diablo II also reminds us that we live in a present (2013) where standards are lower than ever, as this masterpiece received an 8.8 in aggregate reviews...the same score that Diablo III got more than a decade later (and part 3 was a terrible game with a horrible pay-to-win auction house, and dumbed down gameplay). Diablo II is a far superior game to its sequel, even now, and should be played. Expand
  53. Oct 25, 2013
    When i first played this on my friends computer. I was hooked from the start. The atmosphere with the music. Monsters creaming when slayed. And i was never actually an RPG fan to begin with. I love it because it simple to pick up, understand to play and have fun. From the visual aspect i still consider it to be one of the best art. And the loot i can never get enough from the loot. Deffenly one of the best. Expand
  54. Feb 8, 2014
    A legendary game, Diablo 2 is a revolution for rpg games. If you call yourself a gamer, you must play this masterpiece. Unfortunately, we can't see the same success in Diablo 3. Shame on you Blizzard!
  55. Apr 5, 2014
    This is the greatest hack and slash game I've ever played. It has a good story, interesting setting, dark moody atmosphere, and great combat. This can be considered one of the best of this genre and really defined most modern RPG hack and slash games. It's highly addictive and still holds up to this day as you tend to forget the graphics quality and bad path finding.
  56. Oct 1, 2012

Held back from being an EXCELLENT game by the fact that it features no really interesting characters or roleplaying, it only has a few simple quests, its story is paper thin, it has a few technical issues, Battle.net is unreliable, and the gameplay is ultimately shallow and repetitive.
  2. Don't steal, but lie and cheat if necessary. As a gamer, it's your duty to own Diablo II. [Aug 2000, p.75]
    If you're going to buy one role playing game this year then this has to be it.