6.6

1. Apr 7, 2014
    Unfortunately I cannot recommend buying Diablo 3 : Reaper of Souls. Expansion adds very little to the game or endgame - its mainly just rifts and bounties. Legendary drop rates are abysmal and set item drops are almost nonexistent. Blizzard doesn't want its players to have fun, they want us to grind for months for a single upgrade. Game could have been great but sadly its unrewarding and shallow.
  2. Apr 8, 2014
    What a kick in the face... $40? For this crap? Stop making games Blizzard. You aren't good at it anymore. Least of all you're overcharging us for things we should have had in the first place.
  3. May 4, 2014
    pure boredom after a month!
    Its very very sad what happend with D3!

Which dev had the great idea that the dmg of my meteor is based on a crossbow...just retarded.
  4. Mar 29, 2014
    Wow can it be any more obvious that these so called professional "critics" are obviously bought and paid for. There is noway this xpac deserves an 84 rating, not even close. There is STILL no pvp, STILL online only, now there is no trading, and the battlenet 2.0 still sucks compared to 1.0.

BTW, is this made by Blizzard or EA? I can't tell the difference anymore. Both are greedy companies putting out sub-par unfinished products.
  5. Mar 31, 2014
    Reaper of souls was Activision-Blizzards attempt to fix the abomination that was D3. Instead of putting the game back on path their brilliant idea was to add 1 weak character and limit trading. I purchased D3 specifically for the trading aspect of the game, it was what I enjoyed in the originals.
  6. Mar 31, 2014
    This is merely a DLC disguised and sold as an expansion. The amount content in this "expansion" is the about same as a $10-$15 DLC, the price tag of $40 is definitely not justifiable at all. The only notable additions this expansion brings are only the Crusader (which is kind of uninspired) and the new act, the rest of the content is very lackluster.

The new Adventure Mode fails to

The new Adventure Mode fails to provide a new alternative to the gameplay, because it is the ONLY game mode worth playing. Once you unlock Adventure Mode there's no point in playing Story Mode anymore, as all the new game mechanics are only available in Adventure Mode. It would be better if they had introduced new mechanics to both modes so players have more choices when it comes to playing the game.

Mystic/Enchanting is a feature that was supposed to be in the original D3, but was apparently "scrapped" and then conveniently packaged into the expansion as a "new" feature. This makes one question the business ethics of Activision-Blizzard, what more content has been cut in order to be sold together with the future expansions as "new" features?

Gambling (Blood shards) is a mechanic already found in D2 but was then somehow missing in the original D3, only to appear in this expansion as another "new" feature. Aside from that, it is currently considered a waste of time and effort to "gamble", as the chances of getting legendaries from gambling are extremely low, even after the latest hotfix.

Speaking of legendaries, the new legendaries (not the re-revamped vanilla legendaries. Yes, RE-revamped.) are only a handful, and most of them are still as boring as the old ones, with boring stats and mods, no small part due to the still-broken itemization. Getting the ones you really want will now be an even arduous task, as you can no longer freely trade with others thanks to the Bind-on-Account system.

Bounties and Rifts are new gameplay mechanics found in Adventure Mode, nothing remarkable about them. Bounties only provide you with specific target to kill for an reward and rifts only serve as a minor distraction from the mindless and monotonous grinding.

However, if you insist on buying this game, I would recommend waiting for the price to drop before getting it. This game is NOT worth $40, do not continue to line Acti-Blizz's pockets by paying so much for so little.
  7. Apr 1, 2014
    What a load of crap! EUR 40, for what can only be considered DLC at best. Let’s hope activation doesn't acquire Burger king lest they start charging their customers for after-meal toothpicks, breath mints and toilet privileges. Guys, there's much better value out there - path of exile, the torchlight series, Diablo 2 (with the mods). Save your dough for worthwhile titles and flush thisWhat a load of crap! EUR 40, for what can only be considered DLC at best. Let’s hope activation doesn't acquire Burger king lest they start charging their customers for after-meal toothpicks, breath mints and toilet privileges. Guys, there's much better value out there - path of exile, the torchlight series, Diablo 2 (with the mods). Save your dough for worthwhile titles and flush this turd back to the activision / blizzard abyss from where it came. Expand
  8. Mar 30, 2014
    I give this a solid 3.
    It's too expensive for it's content,it will never be a successor for diablo 2.
    But at least it's an upgrade to diablo 3. In my opinion,if you hated d3 vanilla,don't buy it. If you were okay with it,wait for cheaper price. If you liked the game,go buy it. All is see is 0 or 10 scores,nobody writes a rational review. I'm sorry this became an overpriced DLC,but
    I give this a solid 3.
    It's too expensive for it's content,it will never be a successor for diablo 2.
    But at least it's an upgrade to diablo 3.
    In my opinion,if you hated d3 vanilla,don't buy it.
    If you were okay with it,wait for cheaper price.
    If you liked the game,go buy it.
    All is see is 0 or 10 scores,nobody writes a rational review.
    I'm sorry this became an overpriced DLC,but for some it's worth,for others(like me) just go play something else.
  9. Mar 27, 2014
    An OK expansion as far as the gameplay goes, but it's way too short. I finished it in just a few hours and I've already ground the main game so much I don't feel like doing it again. Already when playing through this expansion, even though the setting and graphics are kind of different, you find yourself not attacking the monsters and just walking past them because it's tiresome and justAn OK expansion as far as the gameplay goes, but it's way too short. I finished it in just a few hours and I've already ground the main game so much I don't feel like doing it again. Already when playing through this expansion, even though the setting and graphics are kind of different, you find yourself not attacking the monsters and just walking past them because it's tiresome and just not that fun anymore. For this price tag I expect much more content, honestly unless you feel like you have to buy this, wait for the price to drop or give this one a miss! Last time I paid good money for a short expansion like this was for Half Life: Blue Shift, which was good but too short as well and the reviews made a point of that! It baffles me that RoS gets such good reviews. Expand
  10. Mar 27, 2014
    This game was extremely short for the overinflated asking price. It looked the same as it's parent game, and played pretty much the same as well. When I finished the expansion, I was in total disbelief that I spent $40 on what amounts to less than two hours of content. Unacceptable.
  11. Mar 27, 2014
    Ok so here we go again... In 2012 my cousin bought the game despite i told him not to do so (he was 14 y old at the time) and we were so frustrated by the errors and the game mechanics that I created an account here and made a "review" (it was an inmature ranting that we posted in a childish yet funny brainstorm, which was the most fun he could get from that night). So, in an attempt toOk so here we go again... In 2012 my cousin bought the game despite i told him not to do so (he was 14 y old at the time) and we were so frustrated by the errors and the game mechanics that I created an account here and made a "review" (it was an inmature ranting that we posted in a childish yet funny brainstorm, which was the most fun he could get from that night). So, in an attempt to squeeze the fun from the original title, my now almost 16 years old cousin bought this "expansion" and invited me to test it just like last time. The result was obviously better than the original title, but not by far: the new class was interesting in concept, and at first it looked pretty awesome, but we couldnt get a hold of that feeling completely, as the skill system is awful, and we cannot customize him. Note that you could release the assasin from d2 itself, but you wouldnt get an awesome "charachter" feeling when you have no choice over the development of said "charachter". It's not an ARPG its an AG. The lvl cap raise was something standard in Blizzard, and the loot offered in the previous patch, "the loot 2.0" wasnt even a feature of this "expansion", except for the new items it brings, which is standard in "expansions". So it only remains the new arc, which is not that bad at least not as far as we got (we got bored after an hour or so), but in my opinion it could be something out of a DLC rather than an "expansion". So, you can get this for WHAT? 40 bucks?. Insane. You can get 10 lvls more, some more loot to grind, an average plotted but very long side quest, some runes and skills, and a new class, which seems pretty awesome, but suffers from the horrible game mechanichs making it completely boring after an hour of gameplay. That, my friends is a 10 bucks DLC for me, not an "expansion". Blizzard should have looked at their first works. Those were some expansions, and at that time, expansions didnt have to include much more content beacuse of the games being shorter, yet they included far enough. So, the night ended on frustration again, and with my cousin being almost 16 years old, I couldnt get him to write a childish rant like last time, so this time we had not fun, and I am writing this rant alone and somewhat sad. Im also thinking about playing some Diablo 2 just for the nostalgia feeling, but I know if I do, I'll stay playing, because it is a fantastic game. Expand
  12. Mar 31, 2014
    Not sure how blizzard gets away with making a great expansion to make obvious fixes to such a horrible mistake, especially without cutting their existing customers a significant financial deal. $40 or $50 would be a fair price for the base game updated to include Reaper of Souls. $40 to fix the abomination that was the base game is ridiculous. $10 for the expansion would be fair afterNot sure how blizzard gets away with making a great expansion to make obvious fixes to such a horrible mistake, especially without cutting their existing customers a significant financial deal. $40 or $50 would be a fair price for the base game updated to include Reaper of Souls. $40 to fix the abomination that was the base game is ridiculous. $10 for the expansion would be fair after suffering d3's auction house that virtually destroyed great loot drops for almost two years.

Blizzard has demolished their goodwill. If you think them "fixing" the game is enough to make things right, they only did so because they squeezed all the blood they could out of the auction house turnip. This fix was the only way to maintain long-term profitability, and they withheld it until now. The console version was awesome. Regardless of what their awesome developers do, it's clear that ridiculously excessive corporate greed is baked into the company culture, and until now it's prevented the PC version from being on par with ancient consoles.
  13. Mar 27, 2014
    Terrible. Absolutely ABYSMAL. Loot 2.0 was a backpatch in disguise, first they stripped meaningful content in the game at launch, then they repackage it into loot 2.0 and RoS as content for the new expansion. That is bull **** Blizzard and you know it. Stripping items from a previous version to then resell as NEW content is FRAUD. If I had the resources I would ensure you suffered severeTerrible. Absolutely ABYSMAL. Loot 2.0 was a backpatch in disguise, first they stripped meaningful content in the game at launch, then they repackage it into loot 2.0 and RoS as content for the new expansion. That is bull **** Blizzard and you know it. Stripping items from a previous version to then resell as NEW content is FRAUD. If I had the resources I would ensure you suffered severe legal penalties. Expand
  14. Apr 3, 2014
    Reaper of Souls should have been free. A fifth Act plus a new class doesn't justify the $40 price tag. This expansion largely serves to correct the massive flaw of the core game.
  15. Mar 31, 2014
    Yet another Blizzard game that is fun for the first 3 hours then it's the most repetitive game you've ever played.

ARPGs are meant for long term play, D2 and PoE are prime examples of great longevity - D3 nor D3 RoS provide ANY longevity AT ALL. They are ruining the genre and everyone should issue a refund.
  16. Mar 28, 2014
    Diablo3 and ros is the worst game that blizzard ever produced.Blizzard north should have done this game.Ros is just another way for blizz to earn cash on silly kids who like cartoon graphics and cheezy story(diablo story makes my head hurt,a lot).My advice is,do not buy this cause it's not exp,it's minor dlc,and it should be free for all who bought diablo 3.Nothing is changed,just biggerDiablo3 and ros is the worst game that blizzard ever produced.Blizzard north should have done this game.Ros is just another way for blizz to earn cash on silly kids who like cartoon graphics and cheezy story(diablo story makes my head hurt,a lot).My advice is,do not buy this cause it's not exp,it's minor dlc,and it should be free for all who bought diablo 3.Nothing is changed,just bigger numbers,some maps,all the flaws are still there(bad items,awful story,shiny graphics,diablo is still a girl(the lord of hell-is a girl),cain is dead,tyreal is boring,magda still talks(more then a lot),they all talk like girls and they should be prime evils and archangels,no end movie on ros,no runes,no charms,no abillty points...I could go all night but now there is one good thing,yes,one.Combat is fun(for 2 hours) and then it's just pain for eyes and ears and it's abomination to diablo franchise.I'll pretend that with LOD diablo universe ended.Will never buy any blizz product in my life(and i'm gamer since 1992,DIABLO 1 greatest fan in the world),it's pain for me to even use word diablo 3. Expand
  17. Mar 30, 2014
    Make no mistake: This isn't worth $40.00, and does nothing to improve this game.

After playing D3 under the new patch for a couple of hours, I realized that the same, fundamental problems persist: Mainly that the itemization is WoWified, and lacks the complexity and awesomeness that D2:LoD possessed. Basically, just get the highest DPS on any main hand weapon, and then fill your other slots with Main Stat + Health. Game play is still a predetermined mess: Monster fires at you from across the screen, you move to dodge, but alas, the hit was determined before the first animated bullet was fired.

Total mess.

Also: I love that the hundreds of 10s and 9s read like the same script, and are posted by people who have never posted before. I smell Blizzard's PR team at work here.
  18. Mar 30, 2014
    This so called "Addon" is worse than a CoD DLC. 2 Hours of new Content and no Cinematic at the end is a joke if you consider it cost nearly as much as a full price title. Also no new exciting or innovative features they just recycle old stuff to get more easy money. Bli$$ard is the same as EA nowadays. Really it doesnt even fix the main issues of the core game and they sell it for 40$This so called "Addon" is worse than a CoD DLC. 2 Hours of new Content and no Cinematic at the end is a joke if you consider it cost nearly as much as a full price title. Also no new exciting or innovative features they just recycle old stuff to get more easy money. Bli$$ard is the same as EA nowadays. Really it doesnt even fix the main issues of the core game and they sell it for 40$ really? Worst ARPG on the market. Expand
  19. Mar 29, 2014
    Nothing new about this expansion. Same stupid authentication problems plague this game and because you need to be connected to battlenet even in single player random dc ruins the game. Random lag because connection issues and random crashes.
    Little bit too expensive considering how little content this expansion adds. Storyline seems to be little bit far fetched. If this would have been free DLC score would have been little bit better.
    At this moment Diablo 3 franchise is just another "money cow" for blizzard and quality suffers. Smooth launch is just frankly stupid argument to praise games when expansion or should i say DLC does not add anything new to genre. Poor excuse to try to fix failed game with expansion.
  20. Mar 27, 2014
    40€ price in Europe (thats US$54) does not correspond to the amountof content in this expansion. Although Blizzard has made the game better from what it used to be, plainly unplayable, I have to say that there is still no end game content, that for most casual players the frist playthrough will be over in about 4 hours.
    Most of us, undedicated blizzard fans, will be playing this for 20
    Most of us, undedicated blizzard fans, will be playing this for 20 hours most. It is clearly a money grab and I advice everyone not to buy for this price. It is a rip-off with so many other options arounds. DO NOT BUY unless you feel the need to get frustrated. Wait for a more sensible price.. You have been warned.
  21. Mar 27, 2014
    It's the same boring thing over and over and over again, this is more a DLC than whatever.
    The same rush for new itens, hours and hours doing the same stuff to get better gear to kill monsters with huge HP.
  22. Mar 29, 2014
    Very bad ARPG designed for non gamers. Shallow, streamlined, roller coastery mundane garbage that never should have been released. Degenerating the entire genre forever marking Blizzard as cash grabbing incompetents that are only in the industry for making money, not producing quality.
  23. Mar 30, 2014
    I just made this account to announce that I am also boycotting Blizzards for that impertinence of theirs. They did not live up to their promises in the past, know they want us to pay for their fail! Their are a lot of good games on the market. Get something with a real play value for your money like Banished, Jazzpunk or even Path of Exile if you need the real Action RPG feeling.
  24. Mar 27, 2014
    Expansion? Nop its exactly the same stuff as original diablo 3. They just raised the skill lvl by 10 and multiplied stats by 3 and that's it. You pay 40 dollars for something most companies would call a DLC and charge 5 dollars for. This is just waste of money. There is still no itemization or character customization
  25. Mar 27, 2014
    This is a pure cash grab. The new content is not even 5 hours long and that was on Torment 1 level difficulty. On the lowest difficulty setting it would have taken about 2 hours. As if that wasn't terrible enough, the loot system (which is the absolute core of this game) is absolutely dismal. Expect to be grinding for literaly thousands of hours if you want good gear - and if you don'tThis is a pure cash grab. The new content is not even 5 hours long and that was on Torment 1 level difficulty. On the lowest difficulty setting it would have taken about 2 hours. As if that wasn't terrible enough, the loot system (which is the absolute core of this game) is absolutely dismal. Expect to be grinding for literaly thousands of hours if you want good gear - and if you don't care about gear then there really is no reason what so ever to play Diablo 3 with or without RoS. The story is boring and predictable, the graphics are pre-2010... basically a lower then average ARPG with an insanely high price tag and nothing more.

Blizzard is pure scum in my eyes. Don't support this profit-hungry company by falling for their scam products!
  26. Apr 9, 2014
    Embarrassing. Really embarrassing. This was supposed to be a free patch, a thank you to those who have thrown their money to the publication of poor Diablo 3. Instead they ask for another 30 Euro. 30 euro for a patch. To which are added the 50 already spent. Total: 80€ to play, after two years, a decent version of the game! Never again Blizzard!!!
  27. Mar 28, 2014
    What a cash grab game. I honestly don't understand why they removed all character skill building aspects of the game.

Everyone uses the same skills. All the items look the same. Content in the game is extremely repetitive.

Who would play this game when you have so many SO MANY ARPGS to pick from right now.
  28. Mar 27, 2014
    40 bucks for the added amount of content is a joke.
    People dont get fooled by blizzard again, its a disguised, very expensive dlc, no need to waste so much money on something this shallow!
  29. Mar 26, 2014
    Same old, same old fail.

This game will be some fun for a few weeks, then back to utter fail. Still not even a shadow of Diablo 2.

Activi$$ion/Bli%%ard cash grab
  30. Apr 2, 2014
    Look at all those 10s... its probably a joke considering that the $40 price tag for a so called "expansion" with the content that matches of DLC packs for a game that had many basic features stripped naked of its base game so blizzard could make an extra buck now... not to mention that the game is still missing several key contents requested by its community...
  31. Mar 25, 2014
    Average ARPG at best. This is DLC disguised an expansion. It's a cash grab. That's pretty much all it is. Luckily I can review this having played at a friends and therefore saved £32.99.

Oh and people giving it extra points due to a "smooth launch" are ridiculous. Smooth launches should be standard practice.

Oh how standards and expectations have slipped.
  32. Mar 27, 2014
    It took me 2 hours to finish the new content and now I am left with replaying the same content over and over again. I expected much more from the expansion based on failings of the last launch, but I am left with more disappointment yet again. Sorry, this is my honest opinion - I miss old-school Blizzard.
  33. Mar 27, 2014
    Honestly i played through it on my lvl108 paragon demon hunter on torment 2 and cleared act V in under 2 hours. other then styling your Armour, and the old gear being boosted to level 70 instead of level 60(including the same names), and one extra character its exactly the same game with 2hrs more game play for $40. Loot 2.0 is from the old game for those who seem to think its from theHonestly i played through it on my lvl108 paragon demon hunter on torment 2 and cleared act V in under 2 hours. other then styling your Armour, and the old gear being boosted to level 70 instead of level 60(including the same names), and one extra character its exactly the same game with 2hrs more game play for $40. Loot 2.0 is from the old game for those who seem to think its from the expansion. And the story line makes completely no sense at all, it completely breaks the whole game history/universe(if you know the universe)

All in all im giving it a fair zero reasoning's are:
    New Act +1

Zero replay-ability -1
    Calling it an expansion when its a DLC -1
    Price -1
    Cinematic are next to nothing at all -1

5 being an average or starter score, 8 bad points, 3 good points equals a score of 0 unless my math is wrong.

See 3 movies at the cinemas you will get far more enjoyment and 3 times more bang for buck.
  34. GWJ
    Mar 29, 2014
    Was going to write a long review for this game but simply not worth my time.Basicly about $9.99 worth of DLC called an expansion for $40.They went BOA to stop the RMT but bots are already running rampad.This "expansion" does not fix core problems with D3 vanilla with is utter garbage.Save your $40 if you must have this game wait a couple months this stinker will be in a bargin bin near you.
  35. Mar 26, 2014
    its a same boring casual diablo 3. minimum changes 40 euro for this not a option. I never forgive launch diablo3 faill. Blizard become suck
  36. Mar 25, 2014
    I know that as an aRPG fan and Diablo 2 veteran I'm no longer blizzards key demographic and that Blizzard is more about bringing games to people who never played video games before - i.e. Bashiok's (ex D3 CM) grandmother.
    But still I feel like I have to at least voice my opinion on this. Okay let's go ahead:
    Good about RoS is, that they finally introduced a mode were you don't have to

Good about RoS is, that they finally introduced a mode were you don't have to experience the sad excuse of a storyline. Even if you don't know the Diablo lore you probably think the story is annoying, obvious and feels like reading a really bad comic book. As a Diablo fan you will recognize many inconsistencies with previous games/books and the story is an insult and disgrace.

The new adventure mode allows you do go whereever you want - great, but can someone please tell who the f*ck seriously thought that not being able to switch acts is good? I mean how BAD, just how goddamn bad of a designer do you have to be.

Now on to the problems that STILL persists:

The loot is one-dimensional, some people actually think that "loot 2.0" fixed it, but they will come back complaining when they hit the next upgrade wall. Again, the real problem is that loot is one-dimensional. More is always better, there are no interesting choices what piece of gear to use. This doesn't change just because the legendary items now have some gimmicky proc effects.

As the itemization, the skill system also has 0 depth. Zero. You chose 6 skills and 6 runes and now 4 passive skills. Wow. Such choice. There is NO way to customize your build besides gear - which doesn't have the necessery depth to make up for this horrible excuse of a skill system. The reason point based skillsystems ARE more interesting is because having the same skills does not equal having the same playstyle. Think of a necromancer (there still isn't a summoning class in D3 - lol) that has an attack spell/support and his minions. Although people chose the exact same skills, in a point based system they can have a different focus - thus CUSTOMIZING a given build to their playstyle.

Skill damage is dependend on you weapon damage and main attribute. This is one of the most r*etarded things ever designed, whoever did this - please leave the industry for good. I mean seriously, I don't know how but they managed to make the attributes even more shallow and boring than Diablo 2 - where at least you had to decide max block yes/no etc.

Blizzard, why have you forsaken us? I refuse to believe that catering to a wider, more casual audience means you have to leave the fans of the prequels in the rain. You could have made a real Diablo 3 and the casual people would have still played through it one or two times and would have had a blast and the Diablo2 vets would have had a true successor for the next 10 years.

All in all 4/10 - below average.
  37. Mar 26, 2014
    This here is a patch-fix/dlc to fix most brokeng things, ive finished the story in about 5 hours. Blizzard is really getting greedy on its game latelty, I will expect an ingame store as in wow, I recommend you buy other games for those 40 euros.
  38. Apr 2, 2014
    Although the adventure mode is a welcome and even necessary addition, it is way overdue and should have been included in a free patch or better yet, the original game, which was a total sham. I cannot comment on the crusader, since i have not played him, neither will i. The real issue is that the same core problems of vanilla still persist in reaper of souls and will never go away.
    * Itemization is still problematic. Yes, you can more easily find loot suited for your character due to "smarter" drops. Yet, since there are no customizable stats, you still want the same old stats on each and every item. Vit, main stat, crit chance... It made the looting boring as hell before and it still does. No change here. It's still just an up the numbers game with very little thought required. I tried out Loot 2.0 extensively before the expansion hit and although they did rework the legendaries, they still do not provide build opportunities. Either they now have some sort of silly and barely significant proc effect or just add to the numbers. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, switching legendaries is not drastically going to alter your playstyle.
    * Still very little character customization. The mystic artisan now offers transmogrification, which is a plus, but the real character customization should be in your choice of skills. More skills are viable now, but play out the same. The paragon system is also a lame, tacked-on quick fix for an actual stat allocation scheme. It's like admitting you were wrong not to include it, yet nevertheless not fixing it either.
    * Dps is still completely derived of your weapon damage which is retarded, since it can make you run around with weapons that your class should never be using and make you look moronic.

This is all due to inital game design and will most likely never be fixed. Otherwise, they would have done it by now.
    Lastly, and this may be personal, but the price is way too high for an expansion, especially one of which half it's content should've been patched in free (adventure mode). Sorry, but 40 euros for a 3 hour act and one new class ? That's just a blatant rip off.
  39. Mar 25, 2014
    40$ for increased stats on items? Boring farming modes that get repetitive which is no solution to the real problems of the game. So what ill get superb gear in the first week and then what still no upgrades? And they add ladder for what since there is no economy? At least they should've kept trade in person if they wanted so badly to remove AH. Items was problem not the AH and trading.40$ for increased stats on items? Boring farming modes that get repetitive which is no solution to the real problems of the game. So what ill get superb gear in the first week and then what still no upgrades? And they add ladder for what since there is no economy? At least they should've kept trade in person if they wanted so badly to remove AH. Items was problem not the AH and trading. And why i still dont see PVP? I was promised to get it like a two years ago. Expand
  40. Mar 27, 2014
    This game is nothing but pure steaming pile of horse **** made by blizzard to make more money on stupid players who bought it and think they will fix broken game in expansion.

play path of exile or solitaire. I don't care, I am going to install Diablo 2 again.
  41. Mar 26, 2014
    1 act 1 class for 40$ is just too few. Still no endgame. Also, BoA will kill the game. Basically everything Kripp says in his review is true. Surely people are hooked now and will be for some days, but in a couple of weeks even the slower one will realize the trick.
  42. Apr 2, 2014
    I dont even know where to start this review, everything is sad about this title i dont usually even bother to log in and write reviews of games but this heap they call an expansion is clearly not 2 years of work worths. Blizzard you should be ashamed of yourself releasing such a restricted game with no trading at all except for the players that was in your game when the item dropped.

I

I feel ripped off quite frankly, it will surely be the last game i ever buy from you blizzard. And im sure im not the only one feeling that way.
  43. Mar 25, 2014
    It's still Diablo III, a somewhat forgettable action fantasy game mislabeled as "ARPG" despite a complete lack of character building - you're just automatically a B+ at everything your class can do. Games like Torchlight 2, by some of the *people* who made Diablo 2, is an intelligent refinement of the old skill system, whereas DIII just plain scraps it and caters to the people who don'tIt's still Diablo III, a somewhat forgettable action fantasy game mislabeled as "ARPG" despite a complete lack of character building - you're just automatically a B+ at everything your class can do. Games like Torchlight 2, by some of the *people* who made Diablo 2, is an intelligent refinement of the old skill system, whereas DIII just plain scraps it and caters to the people who don't like having to make meaningful choices.

The patch priming DIII for the RoS, Loot 2.0, also introduces one-to-one level scaling, which goes further to remove the RP from the ARPG by all but demolishing the feeling of progress - before hitting the level cap, anyway. You only begin to scale away from your foes when you tack on "Paragon Level" bonuses, and this system was a bit of nonsense that was thrown together ad hoc after DIII when it became clear to them that people were hitting 60 and the game had no replay value, so they had to tack on some extra grind instead.

Loot 2.0's only nice change, in my opinion, is that Legendary items are actually good and have unique effects, though it's astounding that they didn't on release. Other than that, Loot 2.0 came with a ton of buffs that, frankly, look like a bribe for easily-distracted people to come back than a fine tuning of a big-budget game that's been out for years.

The whole premise of adventure mode is that - in Kevin Martens, Lead Content Designer's own words - it can be "onerous" to play through the campaign more than once. Yes, the DIII campaign, acts I-IV, actually is that bad, I agree. No, you don't get $40 for helping the player unlock a way out of that.

The other thing about Adventure Mode is that, with replayability of vanilla DIII being effectively zero after you have one of each class, the only reason anyone would play more is if some novel random stuff happens occasionally. I'm willing to speculate that they're at least considering using Adventure Mode as a gateway for tons of DLCs as they go forward - now that the RMAH microtransaction ship has sunk, but not before taking the good faith of millions of former fans with it. Now that they can't get a cut, they account-bind anything you'd want to trade anyway. They're taking their ball and going home.

But anyway, the engine is smooth enough (when the servers and your ISP are working well, anyway). If it weren't online-only, this game would be a 6, and a reasonable bargain bin pickup. It works ok as just another AAA ball of shiny stuff with horrible plot tied to a stick they use to beat you in the face. It just isn't in any way, shape, or form what a Diablo II fan would have wanted from Diablo III.

On the other hand, if you liked Diablo III already, and you just wanted your dude to get buffs, that totally happened. Enjoy it while it lasts. Just rush through Act V on Normal and unlock Adventure Mode while you still can. I'm guessing all kinds of madness will ensue in the coming months in the name of "pvp balance", but that's not going to be my problem.
  44. Mar 25, 2014
    The 85 (so far) positive scores are submitted by people who don't understand Diablo is a hardcore franchise. D3 was a disaster, and the expansion does not do enough to address that catastrophe. Once again we see Blizzard catering to a casual crowd; the end result is a garbled mess of a console game masquerading as a PC aRPG. There are way better aRPGs out there. Go play Path of ExileThe 85 (so far) positive scores are submitted by people who don't understand Diablo is a hardcore franchise. D3 was a disaster, and the expansion does not do enough to address that catastrophe. Once again we see Blizzard catering to a casual crowd; the end result is a garbled mess of a console game masquerading as a PC aRPG. There are way better aRPGs out there. Go play Path of Exile instead if you're not a casual gamer. Expand
  45. Mar 26, 2014
    As this game felt the whole time since launch: A money machine. nothing else.

The gameplay is the same pile of garbage as the original. the story is not as bad but still bad. the voice acting sounds cheesy. and there's no real progression whatsoever. Not to mention that the price should be MUCH lower than it actually is, there is not much content in that expansion that justifies
    As this game felt the whole time since launch: A money machine. nothing else.

The gameplay is the same pile of garbage as the original.
    the story is not as bad but still bad.
    the voice acting sounds cheesy.
    and there's no real progression whatsoever.

Not to mention that the price should be MUCH lower than it actually is, there is not much content in that expansion that justifies it's current price and after the disaster that D3 was (and it was) you would think that the Blizzard will be smart enough to try to sell us an expansion at a lower price to attract more customers (not to mention to make it up for us after that shameful release that is D3).

Stay away from this game.
  46. Mar 26, 2014
    The game is still full of lag. This expansion is a waste of money. And this game is still pay to win in design, you need lots of those tradable crafting materials to get a good level 70 item
  47. Apr 12, 2014
    If you liked diablo 2 you will hate this. It is more of the same diablo 3 trash.
    No real customization, no pvp, it's all just grinding and farming. Don't give blizzard your money, the absolutely only difference now is more bad content to grind and legendarily drop like candy at halloween for god knows what reason, I think that's blizzard's idea of "fixing" loot. The legendaries are stupid, they're the same +stats and one gimicky effect. How about you add some legendaries that have unique abilities and can add special skills that you normally can't get like D2 did blizzard, you lazy devs.
  48. Mar 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nice Great game.

Except DLC for 40 bucks is a joke.

NOt worth it, ever.

Thanks for releasing a free DLC for 40 bucks that contains features that was "suppose to be on" diablo 3, 2 years ago.

Great Move Blizzard
  49. Mar 27, 2014
    40$ DLC for the biggest fail ever made, Diablo 3. I cant come up with a single thing in this game that is good. Bad story, bad voice acting, bad graphics, bad map design, cinematic looks good but story in it is bad (Dragon Ball Z), bad gameplay. This game is made for children. Do not buy if you are older than 12.
  50. Mar 25, 2014
    The expansion should have been just free. D3 was awfull, the exp should have fixed some of the major D3 original weaker points, but its in fact "more of the same", with an "adventure mode" wich isn´t really worth it and its not even well-implemented, not allowing u do things like switch acts.

Also, its just a 4 hours added act. I mean, come on. It could be REALLY a fee added content to improve or "redeem" the fail D3 was. I have seen fan-made mods with more content. But, in fact, Blizzard wants charge you 40$/€, that means, 10$/€ per hour of gameplay, not fixing the original game big fails, like awful drop, extreme grindfest mechanics wich push u to repeat same act once and again, no point on raiding bosses....

As said, a little extra more of the same, at the prize of 10$/€ per hour.
  51. Mar 25, 2014
    Overall, okay. Better than D3V, but that isn't saying much. It's still not an ARPG. Still not anywhere close to as good as D2:LoD. Still has untapped potential that will never be realized, and still....everyone praising the game will abandon ship in a few weeks.
  52. Mar 28, 2015
    MUCH better than vanilla D3. Act 5 has better areas, the story is ok and there's much more to do after you finish the story. Skills and stat points are still a mess, but I don't think we'll ever see that fixed in D3.

They copied a ton of things from Path of Exile (enchanting items, rifts, legendary potions), but that's good, because Path of Exile has smarter developers and better game mechanics. Reaper of Souls is however much more polished and overall feels a bit better to play. The money they put into developing the game has to show somewhere.

Talking about money, the addon was also way too expensive at launch (40$), but now that it's down by 50% it's a good buy. Blizzard are still greedy **** but at least they improved the game, even though the ideas weren't their own.
  53. Mar 29, 2014
    same crap different asshoo. nothing changed actually, all the same retarded design from the first game is still there. loot 2.0? that is something you should implied into the game in day one. but it took 2 years to figure that your loot system sucks. let's teach them a lesson and teach it well. i will never again buy a crap from blizzard. it is done. i would give -10 if it is possible butsame crap different asshoo. nothing changed actually, all the same retarded design from the first game is still there. loot 2.0? that is something you should implied into the game in day one. but it took 2 years to figure that your loot system sucks. let's teach them a lesson and teach it well. i will never again buy a crap from blizzard. it is done. i would give -10 if it is possible but i can't. so "0" is fair. Expand
  54. Mar 25, 2014
    Just one character and raising the level cap is worth $40? For shame! This is not an expansion, it is a patch!
    So sad to see our once beloved Blizzard fall to such new lows.
  55. Mar 25, 2014
    Wow, blizzard is constrained to release expansion for a miserable sequel and a real disaster. They didn't have the money to make a movie at the end of chapter 5 C' mon. They nerfed spell we liked for spell we never used before. Every legendary are bind on account, if you die you can jump right back into action, magnet potion for kids who doesn't like to loot and you are forced to lootWow, blizzard is constrained to release expansion for a miserable sequel and a real disaster. They didn't have the money to make a movie at the end of chapter 5 C' mon. They nerfed spell we liked for spell we never used before. Every legendary are bind on account, if you die you can jump right back into action, magnet potion for kids who doesn't like to loot and you are forced to loot white item to scrap them with the same sized inventory. This game is sooo boring, they did not even upgrade pvp. This game is made for pre teenager and it is now a grind fest to get nothing at the end because everything you do or find is bind on account and they didn't fix any mess in d3. They insulted all of us by saying only 2% didn't like Diablo3 I'm sorry but 70% didn't like it at all and they need to admit they are incapable to listen what people really want. Removing AH is the only thing this expansion has to offer and 4 hours of gameplay for 40$. ZERO ZERO ZERO is my score on a scale of 100. Expand
  56. Mar 25, 2014
    Normally I would just ignore comments, but after reading some of the uninformed and ignorant bull that people have been posting, I felt I had to give an unbiased non-jaded opinion of the game.

Starting off: THIS IS NOT DIABLO 2, IT WILL NEVER BE DIABLO 2. 100% of the negative reviews are by people who are holding a grudge and would never have been happy regardless of what the game was.

After the debacle that was the D3 release, I feel its important to give Blizzard proper credit for a painless and seamless expansion release. No lag, no disconnects, no waiting in lines, no logging off, no problems...zero.

The introduction of loot 2.0 revitalized the game, and better rewards play, without feeling too easy. Finding groups of people to play with is simple, fun and let's the player set an appropriate difficulty without being the impossible wall that was old D3 Inferno. Adventure mode adds a new element of randomness that solves the issue of having to run the same stuff over and over again (Baal runs anyone?)

The removal of the RMAH feels like they removed a cinder block off everyone's shoulders and was long overdue. Most items / gems / crafting mats are now account bound though, preventing from trading or selling. But you can trade legendary drops with group members for up to 2 hours (similar to WoW LFR)

To address the "lack of character building". The introduction of the new legendarily items allows for players to create unique and entirely new builds / play-styles based solely upon the gear you have (Deal more damage while moving, increase pet damage) . Pretty much any skill set you end up choosing can be successful, which allows for greater freedom and the ability to try everything without feeling locked into a "Best build".

Act V is about the length of Act II depending on difficulty and player skill (A little under 3 hours on Inferno I in a group of four). Overall the environments seem new and fresh, along with the numerous new enemy types with cool abilities they added.
    The price is the standard 30 dollar expansion, this hasn't changed for years yet people still somehow find a way to complain about the price.

Overall some decent improvements, Blizzard has already announced the introduction of ladders in the next major content patch, and down the line we should look forward to hopefully more positive additions. If you hated D3 and are still angry at Blizzard, chances are you'll feel the same way about ROS.

TL;DR I'd give the game a solid 8 / 10, worth picking up for a fun monster smashing experience.
  57. Mar 25, 2014
    Overall a decent expansion for Diablo 3 - but still not quite as fun as Diablo 2 : LoD was. The balance of skills, features and required talent simply isn't quite there yet, but it's definitely a HUGE improvement over vanilla D3.

The skills and loot system have received minor overhauls, and they added some decent end game content. The Crusader is a great class to play, and quite similar to the Paladin from D2. The mystic is also a really nice addition.

PVP is still terrible, there are no ladders, runes/runewords, charms, quick weapon swapping, you still can't teleport or leap properly, the story is still less than mediocre, the narratives are still dull/clichéd/corny at best, only 4 players max in a game rather than 8, the graphics are still subpar with oversaturated colours, and finally, there's still no playable Necromancer (seriously, I miss my necro so bad...)

Time will tell if they manage to get the game up to par, but I think there's still a TON of work to be done with it...which is sad, considering D2:LoD was released in 2001.

Ultimately, I'm having way more fun playing D3 now compared to pre-2.0.1, so I look forward to the future improvements and expansions. You've still got work to do, Blizzard.. but you're on the right path.
  58. Mar 25, 2014
    Absolutely zero problem at launch with ROS, closed option to buy items from shop with real money or gold, improveed loot system for playing yourself and not to use AH/RMAH, new act and character, new end game...well, this game already gave me 700h and now is completely better and totaly diffrent as it was at start. Well made. Deserved 10 this time and I am going to upgrade my ROS to CEAbsolutely zero problem at launch with ROS, closed option to buy items from shop with real money or gold, improveed loot system for playing yourself and not to use AH/RMAH, new act and character, new end game...well, this game already gave me 700h and now is completely better and totaly diffrent as it was at start. Well made. Deserved 10 this time and I am going to upgrade my ROS to CE right now. /update, can not beat last act under 10 hours, its a real beast, if you explore and kill everything/. Just ignore reviewers, who does not buy the game and judge after few minutes playing at friends. Expand
  59. Mar 25, 2014
    This expansion is worth every pence with the new addition of game modes and other new features blends into a perfect master piece. Ignore all the negativity from others they just don't get Diablo 3 well enough. As I conclude this has been one of the best experience I've ever had.
  60. Mar 25, 2014
    I'm sure everyone who played vanilla diablo 3 will agree with me when i say the word disappointment is just not enough, and with the disrespect that jay wilson had for the diablo creater i'm sure didn't make it any easier to try to get back in this game. A game that could've went down in history as the most anticipated and gratifying ARpg, went down as one of the biggest flops in gamingI'm sure everyone who played vanilla diablo 3 will agree with me when i say the word disappointment is just not enough, and with the disrespect that jay wilson had for the diablo creater i'm sure didn't make it any easier to try to get back in this game. A game that could've went down in history as the most anticipated and gratifying ARpg, went down as one of the biggest flops in gaming history. But after the release of the Loot 2.0 and the expansion, the game is now what diablo 3 is all about. Epic loot and this crusader......hooooooooooly s***. I played for an hour last night and DUUUUUDE, this hero does some cataclysmic damage. Sweeping his weapon, obliterating everything in his path. When i say obliterating i MEAN OBLITERATING, sending demons flying off the screen. I'm not trying to sugarcoat this expansion. Just play the new class for 10 minutes and you'll be satisfied. Send your champion to act 5 and you'll be satisfied. Retrieve a new legendary from loot 2.0 and you'll be satisfied. If you haven't played the game since 2.0 or have yet to play reaper of souls and are still complaining about vanilla diablo and it's broken promises, get the expansion and put yourself at ease. These guys did a bangup job. Sure there are still things that need to be changed in my opinion like the BOA legendaries, but they've been listening to our gripes and complaints and they've done a complete overhaul on the game. Don't give up on diablo 3. Give this expansion a shot. It's welllllll, WELL worth your time and hard earned cash. Expand
  61. Mar 25, 2014
    *Launch:
    I played the expansion as soon as it was available last night. I had NO problems whatsoever to enjoy the new content and from my experience servers were very stable (EU).
    *Content: I was also hesitant at first that you "only get a new act and class" to play for a full priced expansion. However, I was positively surprised that the content of Act V is as big as Acts I-III
    *Launch:
    *Content:
    I was also hesitant at first that you "only get a new act and class" to play for a full priced expansion. However, I was positively surprised that the content of Act V is as big as Acts I-III combined. There are A LOT of dungeons - the randomization is a big part of this expansion. I also have to mention that the new soundtrack and overall feel are just amazing! Sitting in the dark, fighting through hordes of monsters accompanied by this amazing dark soundtrack...I just love it.
    *The Crusader:
    A very nice new addition to the character pool of Diablo 3. He is a lot of fun to play and adds new diversity to the game. In addition with Loot 2.0 you do not get bored leveling this hero in the Diablo 3 base game.
    *New Game Modes:
    Enough to keep most people occupied for a long time while providing an additional layer of diversity to the game.
    I only have to criticize that there is not really an end game for "hardcore" fans yet. Keep in mind that Blizzard has a great reputation in supporting their games for a long time. Take patch 2.0 as an indicator the dedicated support of the dev team. As a fan of the series since Diablo 2 I can finally say that the game is what it should have been during the launch of the base game. If you like the base game do not hesitate to buy the expansion or even give it another try. If you think it is overpriced, wait a few weeks or months until the retail price drops and have fun with the patch 2.0 content :)
  62. Mar 25, 2014
    The game it should have been from the start, all is right in the world os Sanctuary again. Dont worry about all the haters, people are still mad about the release, remember its the internet, try it yourself before you listen to people
  63. Mar 25, 2014
    This is what this game should have been from the very beginning. No auction house, actually useful drops and actually unique uniques. And tons of tweaks to the gameplay.
  64. Mar 25, 2014
    Reaper of Souls is an awesome expansion by Blizzard, which is in no way a surprise to anyone who has followed the company ever. The story of RoS is lacking, but Diablo has never been about story for me, and this expansion made the dungeon crawling of Diablo 3 just that much better for me.

10/10 for me, would recommend to anyone who enjoys hack n' slash games. Now time to go f*ck up Malthael again...
  65. Mar 25, 2014
    Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is an amazing experience: smooth launch, improved loot system, AMAZING act V with outstanding visuals and incredible music. Adventure mode is fun and new class is also well-designed. This is how Diablo should've been right from the beginning.
  66. Mar 25, 2014
    Game is awesome the expansion is a complete turn around for diablo 3 in everyway :) once they add the extra things theyve been talking about like ladders etc etc this game will be set to be as good if not better than diablo 2.
  67. Mar 25, 2014
    I'm not going to sit here and go into detail about the game, when you can find all the info. you need from other reviews/gaming websites. I'm just going to say that it's good, and improved D3 in every way. If you enjoyed vanilla D3 at all, you'll probably like RoS. And I have to laugh at the idiots that come here and give the game 0/10 merely minutes after RoS came out. They haven't evenI'm not going to sit here and go into detail about the game, when you can find all the info. you need from other reviews/gaming websites. I'm just going to say that it's good, and improved D3 in every way. If you enjoyed vanilla D3 at all, you'll probably like RoS. And I have to laugh at the idiots that come here and give the game 0/10 merely minutes after RoS came out. They haven't even played it, they're just on the D3 hate train and are upset Blizzard didn't make an exact copy of D2 in 3D graphics. Expand
  68. Mar 25, 2014
    This is a different game compared to D3 vanilla, i would suggest all diablo fans to try it. End-game is actually great now, compared to dissaster called D3. Great amount of new legendery and set items, with AH closed you can actually find them yourself now and enjoy the process through adventure mode. Additional content like new act and new class is just bonus. The main thing is that theThis is a different game compared to D3 vanilla, i would suggest all diablo fans to try it. End-game is actually great now, compared to dissaster called D3. Great amount of new legendery and set items, with AH closed you can actually find them yourself now and enjoy the process through adventure mode. Additional content like new act and new class is just bonus. The main thing is that the gearing process is actually a joy.

P.S. People giving this game 0 are the ones not playing it. They played D3 vanilla and hated it (dont blame them), but now they are unjustly expresing their rage here without knowing how much better the game has become with Patch 2.0 + RoS + shutting the AH.
  69. Mar 26, 2014
    Now they really fix the game! It´s got everything that needed and it´s FUN! With the excellente new campaign and character the game continues to amaze me! But the best point here is the new Adventure mode: it´s just great. It has bounties and random levels in the Nephalems Rifts that are soooo much fun! The rewarding experiencie is now also excellent since the legendaries and other itemsNow they really fix the game! It´s got everything that needed and it´s FUN! With the excellente new campaign and character the game continues to amaze me! But the best point here is the new Adventure mode: it´s just great. It has bounties and random levels in the Nephalems Rifts that are soooo much fun! The rewarding experiencie is now also excellent since the legendaries and other items have been fixed and they now drop on ANY level.
    Congratulations Blizzard, you really listened to the fans and now the game is what it always shoulded been!!
  70. Mar 25, 2014
    Reaper of Souls is what the Diablo III fans were waiting for. The expansion revolutionizes the game entirely, only in positive ways. Getting this expansion pack is highly recommended to everyone!
  71. Mar 25, 2014
    Every aspect of the game has been improved, this is not the same game that was released in May. There is a darker feel and everything seems bigger and badder. This is not 'just' an expansion is a real game changer. For my money RoS has re elevated Diablo 3 back to the top spot of the ARPG genre.
  72. Mar 25, 2014
    I write this review without bias and with fairness to this product itself. When the original Diablo 3 released, I was quite disappointed. The graphics were great, sure, and the game interest sustained for a long time. Eventually, however, I became frustrated with good gear that never dropped, constant reliance on an inflated auction house, limited difficultly levels and a campaign thatI write this review without bias and with fairness to this product itself. When the original Diablo 3 released, I was quite disappointed. The graphics were great, sure, and the game interest sustained for a long time. Eventually, however, I became frustrated with good gear that never dropped, constant reliance on an inflated auction house, limited difficultly levels and a campaign that became achingly repetitive quickly.

Reaper of Souls fixes virtually every issue I had with the original and has me hooked and raring to go for many, many hours.

1) Loot 2.0

There are now dynamic drops with neat affixes and class appropriate stats. I get a new legendary every few hours and I feel like I am being rewarded for my time

2) Adventure mode and rifts

You can jump around acts and also do randomized dungeons, breaking all previous monotony

3) Crusader class

A beast new hero to play with many interesting abilities and a great look. Every time I swing my 2H flail I am happy I bought the game

4) New artisan - the mystic

You can reroll stats on your gear, even legendaries, to your heart's content

5) Upgrading graphics

There was a rebuild on the game and it looks better than ever

6) GUI optimization

The latest NVIDIA driver release, coupled with network optimization, means that even with four heroes on stage, unlimited mobs, and at 2560x1440 resolution, I can get a steady 60 fps all the time

7) New Act V

It is a bit short in terms of content for my taste, but, it looks great and there is so much to do. I am sure more content is on the way, but, honestly, I much prefer to just jump around in adventure mode!

8) Clans

I now have a group of all my good friends, we can see each other's games and group up quickly and enjoyably

Things Blizzard didn't change or add: There were some ability tweaks, but there is not an open-ended system like in some other ARPGs like Path of Exile. If you like that, you will be disappointed. Personally, I am more simple-minded and find the choice in Diablo fine, but I understand the complaints. Also, the overall content hasn't changed much, although optimization has. With the new inferno levels though, and the new paragon system and points you earn (unlimited!!) for all your toons, I no longer feel constrained to not try new toons and jump around.

Final Verdict: It's a brave new world in Diablo with no auction house, smart loot and finally clans to play with friends. I am having so much fun with my crusader. Many will have a bone to pick with Diablo 3, and, honestly, I don't blame them. That being said, I got probably 500-600 hours of gameplay out of the original Diablo 3, which at $60 came out to $0.10 an hour. If you just don't like Diablo 3 and can't find a way to enjoy or praise it no matter what Blizzard does, you will vote this game down.

For everybody else, I STRONGLY suggest you come back and give things a try. No game is perfect, but I, objectively, believe this is a game I can now rate as a 10, versus the 6 or 7 I would have given the original Diablo. Hope to see you in game and good job Blizzard!
  73. Mar 25, 2014
    Flawless launch, a new epic Act, Enchanting, Adventure Mode. This game is now complete, like Diablo 2 LOD was to Diablo 2. The ambiance of the new act is awesome... and dark.
  74. Mar 25, 2014
    Despite diablo 3 's frustration this time the whole game changed A LOT and much BETTER... especially the whole AH system is now gone FOREVER!.... I can only imagina a much better Diablo... 10/10 enoguh said...
  75. May 14, 2016
    I was one of those people who refused to buy the RoS expansion because of the pathetic game that diablo 3 vanilla turned out to be.

However, the removal of the auction house and the integration of loot 2.0 was a surprising and welcoming change. A few months after RoS had come out, I game the game another chance. Now, after quite a few updates, seasons, and more updates I can say this is a perfect casual ARPG. Perfect, 10/10. Why? Well..

1. [Variety] From the unique effects of many legendaries and sets, to the endless combination of builds the game offers an extreme amount of replayabilityl especially with the introduction of the LoN set which gives bonus power for each legendary equipped. The LoN set allows any build of the player's creation to be significantly powerful. This set alone fixes build diversity, for the casual players. If you are compeitive there will always be a small subset of builds that perform best. But the majority of the player base is not competitive, so for the majority the diversity and variety is perfect.
    - [longevity] Seasons were added to keep the game fresh, and ancient items makes it even harder to perfect gear, but all the more satisfying. You will never have perfect gear and although your search for a late game upgrade may be in vain, the possibility of finding the perfect piece of gear will make the hunt feel good, always.
    -[hardcore mode] despite blizzard's tendency to give in to whining fans (WoW) Blizzard has kept hardcore mode true and has not ressurected any player's hardcore character no matter the reason (even famous streamers who suck up to them). Hardcore offers an entirely different experiences, with identical variety and even more rewarding feelings if you live to feel them. If you want to truly value your character, and truly experience risk, this game mode can provide endless entertainment, especially with friends. Being able to lose items makes them infinitely more precious.

In conclusion, Diablo 3 RoS is a game that can be played forever and that can be played effectively in every possible way (thanks to LoN set). Diablo 3 was not in this condition, not even close. I truly believe the expansion has perfected the game. If you are a competitive player, you will most likely have gripes with many aspects of the game, but for people who want to just slay some demons and have fun, this is the perfect game.
  76. Dec 9, 2015
    Reaper of Souls solved many of the origina D3 problems, and dispite I bought, played and enjoyed it, I won't take away the bad taste D3 left two years before. An initial 60€ and a 40€ expansion is way over-priced, so if your whiling to buy it, don spend more than 35€ for both.

Seriously, you'll enjoy the game, but it doesn't cost that much.
  77. Apr 13, 2016
    The expansion to the Diablo 3 game has become a joke on the entire franchise.

The first thing to notice about the expansion is that everything literally takes place in what is called adventure mode. All updates and content is added with the idea that it is for adventure mode only. The base game and campaign mode (even with the expansion) is now worthless. Secondly the game has become
    The expansion to the Diablo 3 game has become a joke on the entire franchise.

Secondly the game has become that of a single play style. Grind what is called rifts. Rift when you login, Rift the entire time you are logged in, and then start doing it again when you come back. That is all the game is now. The devs have successfully destroyed all reason to go out into the world of Sanctuary and explore it. Where in the vanilla game you would wander around and grind levels and look for loot or even devise your own runs it is not the case now.

Next is that Set gear is the only gear. Before RoS came out you would often see people wearing rare items even and able to play in max difficulty with quality rolled ones. Now rares and legendaries are both junk. You have Ancient quality legendaries which are a must for any item slot you have a legendary in and all of your body armor has to be your Class Set gear and ancient quality not just normal set.

What I am saying through all this is the game is pretty much ruined.
  78. Jul 22, 2014
    I don't think they should charge $40 for what looks to be an glorified expansion pack. Game seems way too boring to keep a player entertained for much. Game should have been like this when originally released.
  79. Apr 25, 2014
    This game is HORRIBLE. They want to make a online ARPG but cant even provide a good server. You can check their forums and see by yourself the number of topics about LATENCY issues worldwide.
  80. Apr 27, 2014
    reaper of souls was but a big patch that overhauled an already terrible loot system with a new one add in bind on account your lucky if you ever find the gear you want then pray its got your stats all in all not worth playing.
  81. May 21, 2014
    If you love lag in your single player experience this is the game for you. It is a competent ARPG game with some questionable systems put in place. My favorite part is when my single player game loses connection and I get to start at the beginning of whatever quest I was on. Loot 2.0 is understandable in the context of the horrific mess that Diablo 3 was although it leaves the game lackingIf you love lag in your single player experience this is the game for you. It is a competent ARPG game with some questionable systems put in place. My favorite part is when my single player game loses connection and I get to start at the beginning of whatever quest I was on. Loot 2.0 is understandable in the context of the horrific mess that Diablo 3 was although it leaves the game lacking when compared to the ARPG games. The king dethroned itself and with ROS Blizzard has tried to correct their wrongs but arguably the largest detractor from people having fun with it has been left intact. Always online DRM is a self defeating concept that keeps otherwise paying customers far away. I really wanted to like this expansion as Blizzard really did try hard, but after playing it for 20+ hours I am left with regret that I funded this always on shenanigan. Expand
  82. Sep 15, 2014
    Let me start by saying I made a Metacritic account JUST to make this review.

Let me start by saying I made a Metacritic account JUST to make this review.

I've been a Diablo fan since the release of the original Diablo. I've been a Blizzard fan since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. I bought this game based on the opinions of fellow friends that seemed to have good taste in gaming. Many people praised it's incredible gameplay, awesome multiplayer action that would extend for days beyond it's release.

When I first started, the plot seemed exactly what I wanted. The hero is almost immediately involved, checking out the damage done by the meteor that hit the hall. As the cutscene continued, the dialogue kept losing credibility, lots of gaps were made in the unholy plot and the writing was definitely written for a 5th grade audience. These were things I kind of expected. I read a few of the books after playing diablo 2 and they were good when I was a teenager. But this plot? Jesus, don't get me started. I actually spent a good while laughing at the crummy dialogue.

Let me tell you this plot is pretty basic and extremely lackluster compared to the previous two. I beat the game, not once was I hooked or compelled by the story. I don't know how they managed to write such a mediocre plot within YEARS of development. This game is f*cking atrocious in far more aspects than just story, however.

Lets list the problems with the gameplay. First, the skill tree doesn't really require you to know what synergy is. It's practically non-existent. When I first started playing, the visuals were pretty astonishing, but that's not saying much. It looks like WoW that takes place in a graveyard/hell/whatever halloween-related **** setting. It wasn't even mildly horrific. So, then you go on to complete somewhat mundane quests, following the path that blizzard set out for you. The plot line is linear, but even MORE linear than the second! You literally have a check list of things they want you to do and procedurally go through them mindlessly. Normally, I can dig it. It's just the story left such a **** taste in my mouth that I got bored by the third act! I decided to push further, just to beat the game to give a holistic response to this game.

Also.. The BUTCHER? In DIABLO 3? A reused character? Laughable. At least the bosses in D2 were unique and interesting (not to mention, characterized to the setting..)

Items... Let's look at how uncharacterized the items are. Everything boils down to Damage, toughness, healing. This is the naive approach. However, it does delve deeper than that. What's with the ridiculous stat increases? It's unnecessary and makes it slightly harder to estimate. Loot is pointless. There's no dynamic character building because your character gets all the f*cking skills. What's the point? I hardly want to perfect ONE character, much less several different characters that have unique attributes (BECAUSE YOU CAN'T).

No chatrooms. Awesome. One of the most memorable things about Diablo/Starcraft is gone. How did this sound like a good idea? Just make it an option for people who want it.

No making games with actual NAMES to join. Another non-intuitive thing blizzard made by REMOVING features. When is removing features a feasible options to improve a game? It's almost comical.

I don't know if I covered everything about this game that I dislike. I think I threw in a few redeeming qualities but it wasn't much.

Bottom line is, I don't give two sh*ts whether or not your servers work the first time I log in or not if the gameplay is horrid. The fact people are rating this game on that is absolutely absurd to me.

Also, Blizzard fanboys are blinded to crappy games. Not my problem anymore.
  83. Sep 20, 2014
    Still no single player option? You know what is really nice about games you can play as single player? You never get hacked. Thanks Blizzard, now take a zero.
  84. Apr 9, 2015
    After patch 2.2.0 I would still not recommend this game as there are now better games with the same gameplay, however it is better with the patch they released April 7th. It shows they still are working on it and not just threw it to the side. Thank you Blizzard.
  85. Jun 4, 2014
    I don't know what I was expecting when I brought this, don't waste your money . First the story was a huge disappointment specially after the stupid main one, a lot of the changes were probably initially in the main version, then taken out to sell this **** The skill system is still boring and simple. Don't waste your time.
  86. Apr 24, 2014
    Unfortunately Bliz has destroyed this series. The game will be fun for a very short time. There is nothing to keep you coming back. Spending endless hours over and over without ever getting a reward for your work is not really my idea of fun.
  87. Dec 11, 2014
    Another cash grab. One new act, one character class, adventure mode, etc do not justify the price. More of the same thing. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 7/10 - not too shabby, though could be optimized further 2. Gameplay: 3/10 - nothing new here. Gameplay becomes mind-numbing. 3. Story: 2/10 - not interesting or engaging at all 4. Multiplayer: 2/10 - removal of auction

1. Graphics: 7/10 - not too shabby, though could be optimized further
    2. Gameplay: 3/10 - nothing new here. Gameplay becomes mind-numbing.
    3. Story: 2/10 - not interesting or engaging at all
    4. Multiplayer: 2/10 - removal of auction house was good, but adventure mode and rifts do not add much replay value.

Overall, below average game.
  88. Oct 27, 2014
    Vanilla D3 was 1.5 for me, and easily one of the worst games I've ever played. Cue the announcement of the expansion with the promise of better loot and story, and that snagged my interest. A few friends decided to get back in, and gifted me the expansion. I waited for patch 2.1 so I could give a fair review.

Pros: +A little better loot +Ever so slightly better dialogue +More content

Pros:
    +A little better loot
    +Ever so slightly better dialogue
    +More content with a darker feel
    +Better music
    +DHs are now a viable class
    +Crusader is fun to play
    +Point system to buff your toon

Cons:
    -Most legendary items are still trash
    -No character balance.
    -1 viable/good build per class, with the exception of the Crusader and possibly WD which has 2
    -Trading restricted to party members for ~2 hours. Bind on Account after that.
    -Rifts, but especially bounties, are grind fests
    -Gambling with Kadala and low shard capacity with increased prices is the antithesis of fun
    -PVP is still lacking
    -Lacking social and clan features

Sadly, little has changed from the vanilla. The story and dialogue is still terrible and directly lifted from a self-insert, Mary Sue/Gary Stu-rampant fanfic written by an especially grammatically challenged 10-year-old (apologies to all the decent 10-year-old writers out there). Equally terrible is the class balance which is non-existent, and you're limited to fire DH, Wand of Woh wiz, pet WD, shotgun Crusader and occasionally the barb to feel like you're progressing (which is, by the way, RNG stacked on top of RNG). Monks have been totally screwed in this regard, and have been for a while so I'm told.

The itemization is atrocious, and the worst I've ever encountered. Any item that isn't trash is instantly best in slot--but good luck trying to find it, let alone get lucky enough to re-roll a stat that's good enough without spending all your money and gems. Main stat, CC, CD, and IAS (with socket+ emerald) are still mandatory, but now the expac (DLC?) adds bonus elemental damage, which fire is almost always superior. Sure, they added a few legendary gems, but nearly everyone has the same build in the end. It's mind-boggling to have this complaint go on for 2+ years with hundreds of great suggestions for build diversity that get ignored!

Perhaps worse, there's extremely limited trading, PVP, and poorly functional clan features. Yes, the AH was bad, but why not implement tier-based trading? I'd love to trade with more than three friends at a time, but can't. I want to do PVP but no one goes there because the M5/M6 DH is ridiculously unfair that no melee class can compete. Rift it Forward kind of helped with sociability, but was removed. The clan features...you'll probably have to see it to believe or understand it, but let's just say the chatting/messaging interface is clunky/poorly organized and you need other programs like Skype to make it sociable.

The development team is disorganized and apparently has no idea how to listen to customers, so it churned out this disaster of a game. Most of the people on my friends list quit months ago or shortly after the patch hit. Unless they can fix/improve the game greatly, I won't be buying the next expac/DLC
  89. Apr 22, 2014
    Gameplaywise definitely a great improvement over Diablo 3.

However... This could have been a great game if Blizzard wasn't too greedy/lazy to provide working servers. Constant lag is pretty much the standard in Diablo 3 (and no, the fault's not on my end as everything else is working fine). If you charge 60€ for the original game and another 40€ for an expan-, err, DLC you should
    Gameplaywise definitely a great improvement over Diablo 3.

However...

If you charge 60€ for the original game and another 40€ for an expan-, err, DLC you should AT THE VERY LEAST provide decent servers.

That's the last Blizzard-game I've bought, that's for sure.
  90. Apr 27, 2014
    So, ROS does make Diablo 3 a lot closer to Diablo 2 than Vanilla was, but in all honesty, it's just a grind. Sure, it'd better than vanilla Diablo 3, but it's still terrible. You grind for a week to get enough items to change enchants, or make an item, and get terrible stats, and have to start all over again. I may as well go play another MMO instead of Diablo 3... and not one made bySo, ROS does make Diablo 3 a lot closer to Diablo 2 than Vanilla was, but in all honesty, it's just a grind. Sure, it'd better than vanilla Diablo 3, but it's still terrible. You grind for a week to get enough items to change enchants, or make an item, and get terrible stats, and have to start all over again. I may as well go play another MMO instead of Diablo 3... and not one made by Blizzard, considering they keep getting -everything- wrong.

Basically, this is Diablo 3+. But if someone serves you **** on a plate, and you complain about it, and they cover it with herbs... it's still **** on a plate. Blizzard, fix the game. It isn't fun.
  91. May 25, 2014
    Look at the price for this little expansion, compare it with the price for the original D3 and you will understand why I gave it number 1. Quantity and quality are too linked with marketing greed.
  92. Apr 17, 2014
    The new adventure mode feels linear and you can't switch acts, it only added a loop of the same quests over and over. Little new content was actually added into the game, the expansion is less than what most patches. It would have been nice to see something new but instead it's the same old Diablo 3 minus the auction house.
  93. May 19, 2014
    WoW-Diablo [as I call it] is the worst game deception of my life. I waited over a decade for this game and now this company decided to control how we play and change whatever they want. Inventing gaming problems and pretending they have the solution so people spend more because "now the game is better". I won't make Michael Morhaime's [and its minions from hell] bank account bigger. No wayWoW-Diablo [as I call it] is the worst game deception of my life. I waited over a decade for this game and now this company decided to control how we play and change whatever they want. Inventing gaming problems and pretending they have the solution so people spend more because "now the game is better". I won't make Michael Morhaime's [and its minions from hell] bank account bigger. No way I will buy this atrocity, I can't make the same mistake twice. Expand
  94. Jul 3, 2014
    Extremadamente aburrido, no se lo recomiendo a nadie, mas de lo mismo, no se que le esta pasando a blizzard con los juegos, en su intento de sacar dinero al estilo WOW a todas sus franquicias a hecho un desastre, es una lastima que no hagan juegos de estrategia de warcraft o juegos que superen a diablo II LOD. No lo recomiendo
  95. Jul 24, 2014
    The endgame is a constant grind of funneling legendary items into a blender for a random chance to get a legendary that is worthwhile. Unfortunately instead of setting the standard for these type of games blizzard constantly finds itself playing catch up in an industry it once dominated.
  96. Oct 2, 2014
    I played D3 and D3ROS from the first day of the release until today (more than 2 years), and I think I can give a fair review of what's going on with the game. So please bear with me. I put over 1000 hours into the game and I have a few level 70 chars with good gears.

First of all, I am not into the storylines so I will not rate the stories, its the same old thing pretty much and since I am a hardcore RTSer, I don't care about the stories.

Next, The game play is nothing new, I don't think it's better than D2. They had some good idea of the combo moves but in the end, everything was back to spamming or hitting 2 buttons all the time. BORING and HURT your fingers and keyboard.

Next, the balance is non-existence. You got Witch doctor owning everything before the 2.1 and now Demon hunter just owning everything. Monk has been a joke and I was main a monk most of the time so I was pretty disappointed. I feel that I was playing a game designed by 5 years old. At a point, monk was so bad that people say the followers are better than monks. Since then blizzard tries to bring it back to the level of other classes, like buffing some of the set bonus dmg to 5000%.. but still not doing enough. What a joke.

Next, gear farming is frustrating, its all about luck. If you are lucky, you might not be able to get the drop .. thanks to the amazing no-trade environment. Once a time I had 4 of the same chest set pieces but I can not trade them for other part of the set. So if you cant get the drop, bad luck man. whats the logic behind that?

Not to mention, gear/build diversity does not exist in this game. Blizzard said the new skill system is amazing and all, it's all lies. There is one build for each class for the end game and everyone is wearing the same gears. Pretty much everything they said was a lie in this game. No gear diversity. no build diversity. no pvp. no balance. no trading. no fun. gg

I really regret that i wasted 2 years of precise time into the game. I used to play every game they produced but I will not do that any more. Diablo is dead and so is blizzard in that regard. avoid wasting your time and do something useful for your time!
  97. Dec 21, 2014
    I can't even pretend to enjoy this game. I know there's some 10/10 reviews for this but maybe we're playing different games. I don't know where to even begin with this disgusting disaster of a sequel. This game simply spits on everything that made Diablo what it is today.

This game is done and there's no amount of patching that will fix it. The Story - The story is an absolute

This game is done and there's no amount of patching that will fix it.

The Story - The story is an absolute freaking joke. You're forced through long cut scenes, bad voice acting and a story that a child can predict. The story needs to be re-written.

Patches - How on Earth does it take the D3 team so long to implement the patches that they do? Is there just one guy working on the developmental side of this game or something?

Acts - Acts 1-4 in my opinion are just absolutely dreadful. I can't stand Act 2 with a burning passion, I'm meh when it comes to Act 1, I hate the spider queen part of Act 3 where you're running up and down spirals forever and Act 4 was way too short.

Itemization - Piss poorly implemented. There's a severe lack of itemization options which means people are just doing the exact same thing over and over hoping for best in slot gear. There's no other options.. you have your BiS and that's it.

After Leveling - Uhh.. you do rifts? When it comes to figuring out what to do, you can either do rifts or bounties. Bounties get incredibly old after a short amount of time doing them (there's not many of them) and rifts are about the most exciting feature they have in this game. They're portals that take you to random events where random monsters spawn.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

Just save your money. The story, the acts, the itemization, the bland skill trees are absolutely horrible. When they first previewed this game years ago, the game had so much promise and hope. It looked absolutely amazing. The PvP system looked great, the crafting system looked solid but then they cut most of it out so they could rush a product out for quick sales.

What has happened to this company? What happened to the company that would make sure something was 100% polished before launching it instead of just cutting features to rush a quick product out?
  98. Apr 5, 2014
    Lots of good fixes from the original game. Crusader class i cool. However, Act V is short....really short. Took about 4 hours before its back to the grind to met the new level cap. Adventure mode is lacking, pretty much did all available bounties in 4 hours as well. When your done with that, its just back to the grind with the same Acts, killing the same mobs, getting that gear. ThisLots of good fixes from the original game. Crusader class i cool. However, Act V is short....really short. Took about 4 hours before its back to the grind to met the new level cap. Adventure mode is lacking, pretty much did all available bounties in 4 hours as well. When your done with that, its just back to the grind with the same Acts, killing the same mobs, getting that gear. This expansion was not worth $39.99. Now Blizzard's other games with expansions like SC2's Heart of the Swarm warranted its price tag. This Diablo expansion does not. For maybe $19.99 I can see that as fair otherwise what your getting for $39.99 is not worth it (or really, not enough). Expand
  99. Jun 29, 2014
    Ridiculously poor value as a paid-for expansion. More of the same, and little of it.

Paying an extra $40 for them to fix stuff they should have done previously is ridiculous.
  100. Apr 26, 2014
    So if I find a new dagger my fireball skill damage changes. What idiot came up with that idea and more importantly how did the whole development team say "oh yeah, great idea"? It eliminates the value or need for skills other than visual effects. Coupled with all other customizations removed there is no reason to play other than to find items, and for what? " I just found a great item, nowSo if I find a new dagger my fireball skill damage changes. What idiot came up with that idea and more importantly how did the whole development team say "oh yeah, great idea"? It eliminates the value or need for skills other than visual effects. Coupled with all other customizations removed there is no reason to play other than to find items, and for what? " I just found a great item, now I can use it to complete the exact same game for the 27th time with this new item!"

D2 was great because of character development and progression. You picked which skills, how powerful they were, how strong you were etc. there is no purpose in this game. I was bored before I even began.

1. CD-Action
    Jun 28, 2014
    At last! Diablo III became the game I was looking forward to. Reaper of Souls does more than just improve the original – it reinvents it and helps it reclaim the hack’n’slash throne. [05/2014, p.50]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 16, 2014
    Heaps of new content provides hours of fun, even though the campaign could use a little extension. But if you’re a fan, this is a must. [Issue#241]
  3. May 14, 2014
    Blizzard did the obvious: literally transformed Diablo 3 to what it should have been from the start. It took them some time, but finally Blizzard got the message and moved finally to the right direction. While we expect the next expansion, fans of action / rpg can now sleep peacefully ... the king is here!