6.5

1. Mar 25, 2014
    Average ARPG at best. This is DLC disguised an expansion. It's a cash grab. That's pretty much all it is. Luckily I can review this having played at a friends and therefore saved £32.99.

Oh and people giving it extra points due to a "smooth launch" are ridiculous. Smooth launches should be standard practice.

Oh how standards and expectations have slipped.
  2. Mar 25, 2014
    I know that as an aRPG fan and Diablo 2 veteran I'm no longer blizzards key demographic and that Blizzard is more about bringing games to people who never played video games before - i.e. Bashiok's (ex D3 CM) grandmother.
    But still I feel like I have to at least voice my opinion on this. Okay let's go ahead:
    Good about RoS is, that they finally introduced a mode were you don't have to

Good about RoS is, that they finally introduced a mode were you don't have to experience the sad excuse of a storyline. Even if you don't know the Diablo lore you probably think the story is annoying, obvious and feels like reading a really bad comic book. As a Diablo fan you will recognize many inconsistencies with previous games/books and the story is an insult and disgrace.

The new adventure mode allows you do go whereever you want - great, but can someone please tell who the f*ck seriously thought that not being able to switch acts is good? I mean how BAD, just how goddamn bad of a designer do you have to be.

Now on to the problems that STILL persists:

The loot is one-dimensional, some people actually think that "loot 2.0" fixed it, but they will come back complaining when they hit the next upgrade wall. Again, the real problem is that loot is one-dimensional. More is always better, there are no interesting choices what piece of gear to use. This doesn't change just because the legendary items now have some gimmicky proc effects.

As the itemization, the skill system also has 0 depth. Zero. You chose 6 skills and 6 runes and now 4 passive skills. Wow. Such choice. There is NO way to customize your build besides gear - which doesn't have the necessery depth to make up for this horrible excuse of a skill system. The reason point based skillsystems ARE more interesting is because having the same skills does not equal having the same playstyle. Think of a necromancer (there still isn't a summoning class in D3 - lol) that has an attack spell/support and his minions. Although people chose the exact same skills, in a point based system they can have a different focus - thus CUSTOMIZING a given build to their playstyle.

Skill damage is dependend on you weapon damage and main attribute. This is one of the most r*etarded things ever designed, whoever did this - please leave the industry for good. I mean seriously, I don't know how but they managed to make the attributes even more shallow and boring than Diablo 2 - where at least you had to decide max block yes/no etc.

Blizzard, why have you forsaken us? I refuse to believe that catering to a wider, more casual audience means you have to leave the fans of the prequels in the rain. You could have made a real Diablo 3 and the casual people would have still played through it one or two times and would have had a blast and the Diablo2 vets would have had a true successor for the next 10 years.

All in all 4/10 - below average.
  3. Mar 25, 2014
    Just one character and raising the level cap is worth $40? For shame! This is not an expansion, it is a patch!
    So sad to see our once beloved Blizzard fall to such new lows.
  4. Mar 25, 2014
    Absolutely zero problem at launch with ROS, closed option to buy items from shop with real money or gold, improveed loot system for playing yourself and not to use AH/RMAH, new act and character, new end game...well, this game already gave me 700h and now is completely better and totaly diffrent as it was at start. Well made. Deserved 10 this time and I am going to upgrade my ROS to CEAbsolutely zero problem at launch with ROS, closed option to buy items from shop with real money or gold, improveed loot system for playing yourself and not to use AH/RMAH, new act and character, new end game...well, this game already gave me 700h and now is completely better and totaly diffrent as it was at start. Well made. Deserved 10 this time and I am going to upgrade my ROS to CE right now. /update, can not beat last act under 10 hours, its a real beast, if you explore and kill everything/. Just ignore reviewers, who does not buy the game and judge after few minutes playing at friends. Expand
  5. Mar 25, 2014
    Overall, okay. Better than D3V, but that isn't saying much. It's still not an ARPG. Still not anywhere close to as good as D2:LoD. Still has untapped potential that will never be realized, and still....everyone praising the game will abandon ship in a few weeks.
  6. Mar 25, 2014
    The 85 (so far) positive scores are submitted by people who don't understand Diablo is a hardcore franchise. D3 was a disaster, and the expansion does not do enough to address that catastrophe. Once again we see Blizzard catering to a casual crowd; the end result is a garbled mess of a console game masquerading as a PC aRPG. There are way better aRPGs out there. Go play Path of ExileThe 85 (so far) positive scores are submitted by people who don't understand Diablo is a hardcore franchise. D3 was a disaster, and the expansion does not do enough to address that catastrophe. Once again we see Blizzard catering to a casual crowd; the end result is a garbled mess of a console game masquerading as a PC aRPG. There are way better aRPGs out there. Go play Path of Exile instead if you're not a casual gamer. Expand
  7. Mar 25, 2014
    The expansion should have been just free. D3 was awfull, the exp should have fixed some of the major D3 original weaker points, but its in fact "more of the same", with an "adventure mode" wich isn´t really worth it and its not even well-implemented, not allowing u do things like switch acts.

Also, its just a 4 hours added act. I mean, come on. It could be REALLY a fee added content to improve or "redeem" the fail D3 was. I have seen fan-made mods with more content. But, in fact, Blizzard wants charge you 40$/€, that means, 10$/€ per hour of gameplay, not fixing the original game big fails, like awful drop, extreme grindfest mechanics wich push u to repeat same act once and again, no point on raiding bosses....

As said, a little extra more of the same, at the prize of 10$/€ per hour.
  8. Mar 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nice Great game.

Except DLC for 40 bucks is a joke.

NOt worth it, ever.

Thanks for releasing a free DLC for 40 bucks that contains features that was "suppose to be on" diablo 3, 2 years ago.

Great Move Blizzard
  9. Mar 26, 2014
    This here is a patch-fix/dlc to fix most brokeng things, ive finished the story in about 5 hours. Blizzard is really getting greedy on its game latelty, I will expect an ingame store as in wow, I recommend you buy other games for those 40 euros.
  10. Mar 25, 2014
    40$ for increased stats on items? Boring farming modes that get repetitive which is no solution to the real problems of the game. So what ill get superb gear in the first week and then what still no upgrades? And they add ladder for what since there is no economy? At least they should've kept trade in person if they wanted so badly to remove AH. Items was problem not the AH and trading.40$ for increased stats on items? Boring farming modes that get repetitive which is no solution to the real problems of the game. So what ill get superb gear in the first week and then what still no upgrades? And they add ladder for what since there is no economy? At least they should've kept trade in person if they wanted so badly to remove AH. Items was problem not the AH and trading. And why i still dont see PVP? I was promised to get it like a two years ago. Expand
  11. Mar 26, 2014
    its a same boring casual diablo 3. minimum changes 40 euro for this not a option. I never forgive launch diablo3 faill. Blizard become suck
  12. Mar 25, 2014
    Wow, blizzard is constrained to release expansion for a miserable sequel and a real disaster. They didn't have the money to make a movie at the end of chapter 5 C' mon. They nerfed spell we liked for spell we never used before. Every legendary are bind on account, if you die you can jump right back into action, magnet potion for kids who doesn't like to loot and you are forced to lootWow, blizzard is constrained to release expansion for a miserable sequel and a real disaster. They didn't have the money to make a movie at the end of chapter 5 C' mon. They nerfed spell we liked for spell we never used before. Every legendary are bind on account, if you die you can jump right back into action, magnet potion for kids who doesn't like to loot and you are forced to loot white item to scrap them with the same sized inventory. This game is sooo boring, they did not even upgrade pvp. This game is made for pre teenager and it is now a grind fest to get nothing at the end because everything you do or find is bind on account and they didn't fix any mess in d3. They insulted all of us by saying only 2% didn't like Diablo3 I'm sorry but 70% didn't like it at all and they need to admit they are incapable to listen what people really want. Removing AH is the only thing this expansion has to offer and 4 hours of gameplay for 40$. ZERO ZERO ZERO is my score on a scale of 100. Expand
  13. Mar 25, 2014
    Normally I would just ignore comments, but after reading some of the uninformed and ignorant bull that people have been posting, I felt I had to give an unbiased non-jaded opinion of the game.

Starting off: THIS IS NOT DIABLO 2, IT WILL NEVER BE DIABLO 2. 100% of the negative reviews are by people who are holding a grudge and would never have been happy regardless of what the game was.

After the debacle that was the D3 release, I feel its important to give Blizzard proper credit for a painless and seamless expansion release. No lag, no disconnects, no waiting in lines, no logging off, no problems...zero.

The introduction of loot 2.0 revitalized the game, and better rewards play, without feeling too easy. Finding groups of people to play with is simple, fun and let's the player set an appropriate difficulty without being the impossible wall that was old D3 Inferno. Adventure mode adds a new element of randomness that solves the issue of having to run the same stuff over and over again (Baal runs anyone?)

The removal of the RMAH feels like they removed a cinder block off everyone's shoulders and was long overdue. Most items / gems / crafting mats are now account bound though, preventing from trading or selling. But you can trade legendary drops with group members for up to 2 hours (similar to WoW LFR)

To address the "lack of character building". The introduction of the new legendarily items allows for players to create unique and entirely new builds / play-styles based solely upon the gear you have (Deal more damage while moving, increase pet damage) . Pretty much any skill set you end up choosing can be successful, which allows for greater freedom and the ability to try everything without feeling locked into a "Best build".

Act V is about the length of Act II depending on difficulty and player skill (A little under 3 hours on Inferno I in a group of four). Overall the environments seem new and fresh, along with the numerous new enemy types with cool abilities they added.
    The price is the standard 30 dollar expansion, this hasn't changed for years yet people still somehow find a way to complain about the price.

Overall some decent improvements, Blizzard has already announced the introduction of ladders in the next major content patch, and down the line we should look forward to hopefully more positive additions. If you hated D3 and are still angry at Blizzard, chances are you'll feel the same way about ROS.

TL;DR I'd give the game a solid 8 / 10, worth picking up for a fun monster smashing experience.
  14. Mar 25, 2014
    It's still Diablo III, a somewhat forgettable action fantasy game mislabeled as "ARPG" despite a complete lack of character building - you're just automatically a B+ at everything your class can do. Games like Torchlight 2, by some of the *people* who made Diablo 2, is an intelligent refinement of the old skill system, whereas DIII just plain scraps it and caters to the people who don'tIt's still Diablo III, a somewhat forgettable action fantasy game mislabeled as "ARPG" despite a complete lack of character building - you're just automatically a B+ at everything your class can do. Games like Torchlight 2, by some of the *people* who made Diablo 2, is an intelligent refinement of the old skill system, whereas DIII just plain scraps it and caters to the people who don't like having to make meaningful choices.

The patch priming DIII for the RoS, Loot 2.0, also introduces one-to-one level scaling, which goes further to remove the RP from the ARPG by all but demolishing the feeling of progress - before hitting the level cap, anyway. You only begin to scale away from your foes when you tack on "Paragon Level" bonuses, and this system was a bit of nonsense that was thrown together ad hoc after DIII when it became clear to them that people were hitting 60 and the game had no replay value, so they had to tack on some extra grind instead.

Loot 2.0's only nice change, in my opinion, is that Legendary items are actually good and have unique effects, though it's astounding that they didn't on release. Other than that, Loot 2.0 came with a ton of buffs that, frankly, look like a bribe for easily-distracted people to come back than a fine tuning of a big-budget game that's been out for years.

The whole premise of adventure mode is that - in Kevin Martens, Lead Content Designer's own words - it can be "onerous" to play through the campaign more than once. Yes, the DIII campaign, acts I-IV, actually is that bad, I agree. No, you don't get $40 for helping the player unlock a way out of that.

The other thing about Adventure Mode is that, with replayability of vanilla DIII being effectively zero after you have one of each class, the only reason anyone would play more is if some novel random stuff happens occasionally. I'm willing to speculate that they're at least considering using Adventure Mode as a gateway for tons of DLCs as they go forward - now that the RMAH microtransaction ship has sunk, but not before taking the good faith of millions of former fans with it. Now that they can't get a cut, they account-bind anything you'd want to trade anyway. They're taking their ball and going home.

But anyway, the engine is smooth enough (when the servers and your ISP are working well, anyway). If it weren't online-only, this game would be a 6, and a reasonable bargain bin pickup. It works ok as just another AAA ball of shiny stuff with horrible plot tied to a stick they use to beat you in the face. It just isn't in any way, shape, or form what a Diablo II fan would have wanted from Diablo III.

On the other hand, if you liked Diablo III already, and you just wanted your dude to get buffs, that totally happened. Enjoy it while it lasts. Just rush through Act V on Normal and unlock Adventure Mode while you still can. I'm guessing all kinds of madness will ensue in the coming months in the name of "pvp balance", but that's not going to be my problem.
  15. Mar 26, 2014
    As this game felt the whole time since launch: A money machine. nothing else.

The gameplay is the same pile of garbage as the original. the story is not as bad but still bad. the voice acting sounds cheesy. and there's no real progression whatsoever. Not to mention that the price should be MUCH lower than it actually is, there is not much content in that expansion that justifies
    As this game felt the whole time since launch: A money machine. nothing else.

The gameplay is the same pile of garbage as the original.
    the story is not as bad but still bad.
    the voice acting sounds cheesy.
    and there's no real progression whatsoever.

Not to mention that the price should be MUCH lower than it actually is, there is not much content in that expansion that justifies it's current price and after the disaster that D3 was (and it was) you would think that the Blizzard will be smart enough to try to sell us an expansion at a lower price to attract more customers (not to mention to make it up for us after that shameful release that is D3).

Stay away from this game.
  16. Mar 26, 2014
    1 act 1 class for 40$ is just too few. Still no endgame. Also, BoA will kill the game. Basically everything Kripp says in his review is true. Surely people are hooked now and will be for some days, but in a couple of weeks even the slower one will realize the trick.
  17. Mar 27, 2014
    Ok so here we go again... In 2012 my cousin bought the game despite i told him not to do so (he was 14 y old at the time) and we were so frustrated by the errors and the game mechanics that I created an account here and made a "review" (it was an inmature ranting that we posted in a childish yet funny brainstorm, which was the most fun he could get from that night). So, in an attempt toOk so here we go again... In 2012 my cousin bought the game despite i told him not to do so (he was 14 y old at the time) and we were so frustrated by the errors and the game mechanics that I created an account here and made a "review" (it was an inmature ranting that we posted in a childish yet funny brainstorm, which was the most fun he could get from that night). So, in an attempt to squeeze the fun from the original title, my now almost 16 years old cousin bought this "expansion" and invited me to test it just like last time. The result was obviously better than the original title, but not by far: the new class was interesting in concept, and at first it looked pretty awesome, but we couldnt get a hold of that feeling completely, as the skill system is awful, and we cannot customize him. Note that you could release the assasin from d2 itself, but you wouldnt get an awesome "charachter" feeling when you have no choice over the development of said "charachter". It's not an ARPG its an AG. The lvl cap raise was something standard in Blizzard, and the loot offered in the previous patch, "the loot 2.0" wasnt even a feature of this "expansion", except for the new items it brings, which is standard in "expansions". So it only remains the new arc, which is not that bad at least not as far as we got (we got bored after an hour or so), but in my opinion it could be something out of a DLC rather than an "expansion". So, you can get this for WHAT? 40 bucks?. Insane. You can get 10 lvls more, some more loot to grind, an average plotted but very long side quest, some runes and skills, and a new class, which seems pretty awesome, but suffers from the horrible game mechanichs making it completely boring after an hour of gameplay. That, my friends is a 10 bucks DLC for me, not an "expansion". Blizzard should have looked at their first works. Those were some expansions, and at that time, expansions didnt have to include much more content beacuse of the games being shorter, yet they included far enough. So, the night ended on frustration again, and with my cousin being almost 16 years old, I couldnt get him to write a childish rant like last time, so this time we had not fun, and I am writing this rant alone and somewhat sad. Im also thinking about playing some Diablo 2 just for the nostalgia feeling, but I know if I do, I'll stay playing, because it is a fantastic game. Expand
  18. Mar 26, 2014
    Same old, same old fail.

This game will be some fun for a few weeks, then back to utter fail. Still not even a shadow of Diablo 2.

Activi$$ion/Bli%%ard cash grab
  19. Mar 25, 2014
    This expansion is worth every pence with the new addition of game modes and other new features blends into a perfect master piece. Ignore all the negativity from others they just don't get Diablo 3 well enough. As I conclude this has been one of the best experience I've ever had.
  20. Mar 29, 2014
    Nothing new about this expansion. Same stupid authentication problems plague this game and because you need to be connected to battlenet even in single player random dc ruins the game. Random lag because connection issues and random crashes.
    Little bit too expensive considering how little content this expansion adds. Storyline seems to be little bit far fetched. If this would have been free DLC score would have been little bit better.
    At this moment Diablo 3 franchise is just another "money cow" for blizzard and quality suffers. Smooth launch is just frankly stupid argument to praise games when expansion or should i say DLC does not add anything new to genre. Poor excuse to try to fix failed game with expansion.
  21. Mar 27, 2014
    40 bucks for the added amount of content is a joke.
    People dont get fooled by blizzard again, its a disguised, very expensive dlc, no need to waste so much money on something this shallow!
  22. Mar 27, 2014
    40$ DLC for the biggest fail ever made, Diablo 3. I cant come up with a single thing in this game that is good. Bad story, bad voice acting, bad graphics, bad map design, cinematic looks good but story in it is bad (Dragon Ball Z), bad gameplay. This game is made for children. Do not buy if you are older than 12.
  23. Mar 27, 2014
    An OK expansion as far as the gameplay goes, but it's way too short. I finished it in just a few hours and I've already ground the main game so much I don't feel like doing it again. Already when playing through this expansion, even though the setting and graphics are kind of different, you find yourself not attacking the monsters and just walking past them because it's tiresome and justAn OK expansion as far as the gameplay goes, but it's way too short. I finished it in just a few hours and I've already ground the main game so much I don't feel like doing it again. Already when playing through this expansion, even though the setting and graphics are kind of different, you find yourself not attacking the monsters and just walking past them because it's tiresome and just not that fun anymore. For this price tag I expect much more content, honestly unless you feel like you have to buy this, wait for the price to drop or give this one a miss! Last time I paid good money for a short expansion like this was for Half Life: Blue Shift, which was good but too short as well and the reviews made a point of that! It baffles me that RoS gets such good reviews. Expand
  24. Mar 27, 2014
    Terrible. Absolutely ABYSMAL. Loot 2.0 was a backpatch in disguise, first they stripped meaningful content in the game at launch, then they repackage it into loot 2.0 and RoS as content for the new expansion. That is bull **** Blizzard and you know it. Stripping items from a previous version to then resell as NEW content is FRAUD. If I had the resources I would ensure you suffered severeTerrible. Absolutely ABYSMAL. Loot 2.0 was a backpatch in disguise, first they stripped meaningful content in the game at launch, then they repackage it into loot 2.0 and RoS as content for the new expansion. That is bull **** Blizzard and you know it. Stripping items from a previous version to then resell as NEW content is FRAUD. If I had the resources I would ensure you suffered severe legal penalties. Expand
  25. Mar 27, 2014
    Expansion? Nop its exactly the same stuff as original diablo 3. They just raised the skill lvl by 10 and multiplied stats by 3 and that's it. You pay 40 dollars for something most companies would call a DLC and charge 5 dollars for. This is just waste of money. There is still no itemization or character customization
  26. Mar 25, 2014
    This is what this game should have been from the very beginning. No auction house, actually useful drops and actually unique uniques. And tons of tweaks to the gameplay.
  27. Mar 27, 2014
    It took me 2 hours to finish the new content and now I am left with replaying the same content over and over again. I expected much more from the expansion based on failings of the last launch, but I am left with more disappointment yet again. Sorry, this is my honest opinion - I miss old-school Blizzard.
  28. Mar 27, 2014
    This is a pure cash grab. The new content is not even 5 hours long and that was on Torment 1 level difficulty. On the lowest difficulty setting it would have taken about 2 hours. As if that wasn't terrible enough, the loot system (which is the absolute core of this game) is absolutely dismal. Expect to be grinding for literaly thousands of hours if you want good gear - and if you don'tThis is a pure cash grab. The new content is not even 5 hours long and that was on Torment 1 level difficulty. On the lowest difficulty setting it would have taken about 2 hours. As if that wasn't terrible enough, the loot system (which is the absolute core of this game) is absolutely dismal. Expect to be grinding for literaly thousands of hours if you want good gear - and if you don't care about gear then there really is no reason what so ever to play Diablo 3 with or without RoS. The story is boring and predictable, the graphics are pre-2010... basically a lower then average ARPG with an insanely high price tag and nothing more.

Blizzard is pure scum in my eyes. Don't support this profit-hungry company by falling for their scam products!
  29. Mar 25, 2014
    I'm not going to sit here and go into detail about the game, when you can find all the info. you need from other reviews/gaming websites. I'm just going to say that it's good, and improved D3 in every way. If you enjoyed vanilla D3 at all, you'll probably like RoS. And I have to laugh at the idiots that come here and give the game 0/10 merely minutes after RoS came out. They haven't evenI'm not going to sit here and go into detail about the game, when you can find all the info. you need from other reviews/gaming websites. I'm just going to say that it's good, and improved D3 in every way. If you enjoyed vanilla D3 at all, you'll probably like RoS. And I have to laugh at the idiots that come here and give the game 0/10 merely minutes after RoS came out. They haven't even played it, they're just on the D3 hate train and are upset Blizzard didn't make an exact copy of D2 in 3D graphics. Expand
  30. Mar 25, 2014
    *Launch:
    I played the expansion as soon as it was available last night. I had NO problems whatsoever to enjoy the new content and from my experience servers were very stable (EU).
    *Content: I was also hesitant at first that you "only get a new act and class" to play for a full priced expansion. However, I was positively surprised that the content of Act V is as big as Acts I-III
    *Launch:
    *Content:
    I was also hesitant at first that you "only get a new act and class" to play for a full priced expansion. However, I was positively surprised that the content of Act V is as big as Acts I-III combined. There are A LOT of dungeons - the randomization is a big part of this expansion. I also have to mention that the new soundtrack and overall feel are just amazing! Sitting in the dark, fighting through hordes of monsters accompanied by this amazing dark soundtrack...I just love it.
    *The Crusader:
    A very nice new addition to the character pool of Diablo 3. He is a lot of fun to play and adds new diversity to the game. In addition with Loot 2.0 you do not get bored leveling this hero in the Diablo 3 base game.
    *New Game Modes:
    Enough to keep most people occupied for a long time while providing an additional layer of diversity to the game.
    I only have to criticize that there is not really an end game for "hardcore" fans yet. Keep in mind that Blizzard has a great reputation in supporting their games for a long time. Take patch 2.0 as an indicator the dedicated support of the dev team. As a fan of the series since Diablo 2 I can finally say that the game is what it should have been during the launch of the base game. If you like the base game do not hesitate to buy the expansion or even give it another try. If you think it is overpriced, wait a few weeks or months until the retail price drops and have fun with the patch 2.0 content :)
  31. Mar 27, 2014
    40€ price in Europe (thats US$54) does not correspond to the amountof content in this expansion. Although Blizzard has made the game better from what it used to be, plainly unplayable, I have to say that there is still no end game content, that for most casual players the frist playthrough will be over in about 4 hours.
    Most of us, undedicated blizzard fans, will be playing this for 20
    Most of us, undedicated blizzard fans, will be playing this for 20 hours most. It is clearly a money grab and I advice everyone not to buy for this price. It is a rip-off with so many other options arounds. DO NOT BUY unless you feel the need to get frustrated. Wait for a more sensible price.. You have been warned.
  32. Mar 25, 2014
    Reaper of Souls is an awesome expansion by Blizzard, which is in no way a surprise to anyone who has followed the company ever. The story of RoS is lacking, but Diablo has never been about story for me, and this expansion made the dungeon crawling of Diablo 3 just that much better for me.

10/10 for me, would recommend to anyone who enjoys hack n' slash games. Now time to go f*ck up Malthael again...
  33. Mar 29, 2014
    Wow can it be any more obvious that these so called professional "critics" are obviously bought and paid for. There is noway this xpac deserves an 84 rating, not even close. There is STILL no pvp, STILL online only, now there is no trading, and the battlenet 2.0 still sucks compared to 1.0.

BTW, is this made by Blizzard or EA? I can't tell the difference anymore. Both are greedy companies putting out sub-par unfinished products.
  34. Apr 3, 2014
    Reaper of Souls should have been free. A fifth Act plus a new class doesn't justify the $40 price tag. This expansion largely serves to correct the massive flaw of the core game.
  35. Mar 27, 2014
    This game was extremely short for the overinflated asking price. It looked the same as it's parent game, and played pretty much the same as well. When I finished the expansion, I was in total disbelief that I spent $40 on what amounts to less than two hours of content. Unacceptable.
  36. Mar 25, 2014
    The game it should have been from the start, all is right in the world os Sanctuary again. Dont worry about all the haters, people are still mad about the release, remember its the internet, try it yourself before you listen to people
  37. Mar 27, 2014
    This game is nothing but pure steaming pile of horse **** made by blizzard to make more money on stupid players who bought it and think they will fix broken game in expansion.

play path of exile or solitaire. I don't care, I am going to install Diablo 2 again.
  38. Mar 29, 2014
    The game is in a better shape than at release of Diablo 3, but it's still missing way too many things. And 40$ for an addon is ridiculous. Blizzard are greedy a**holes.
  39. Mar 25, 2014
    I'm sure everyone who played vanilla diablo 3 will agree with me when i say the word disappointment is just not enough, and with the disrespect that jay wilson had for the diablo creater i'm sure didn't make it any easier to try to get back in this game. A game that could've went down in history as the most anticipated and gratifying ARpg, went down as one of the biggest flops in gamingI'm sure everyone who played vanilla diablo 3 will agree with me when i say the word disappointment is just not enough, and with the disrespect that jay wilson had for the diablo creater i'm sure didn't make it any easier to try to get back in this game. A game that could've went down in history as the most anticipated and gratifying ARpg, went down as one of the biggest flops in gaming history. But after the release of the Loot 2.0 and the expansion, the game is now what diablo 3 is all about. Epic loot and this crusader......hooooooooooly s***. I played for an hour last night and DUUUUUDE, this hero does some cataclysmic damage. Sweeping his weapon, obliterating everything in his path. When i say obliterating i MEAN OBLITERATING, sending demons flying off the screen. I'm not trying to sugarcoat this expansion. Just play the new class for 10 minutes and you'll be satisfied. Send your champion to act 5 and you'll be satisfied. Retrieve a new legendary from loot 2.0 and you'll be satisfied. If you haven't played the game since 2.0 or have yet to play reaper of souls and are still complaining about vanilla diablo and it's broken promises, get the expansion and put yourself at ease. These guys did a bangup job. Sure there are still things that need to be changed in my opinion like the BOA legendaries, but they've been listening to our gripes and complaints and they've done a complete overhaul on the game. Don't give up on diablo 3. Give this expansion a shot. It's welllllll, WELL worth your time and hard earned cash. Expand
  40. Mar 25, 2014
    Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is an amazing experience: smooth launch, improved loot system, AMAZING act V with outstanding visuals and incredible music. Adventure mode is fun and new class is also well-designed. This is how Diablo should've been right from the beginning.
  41. Mar 30, 2014
    Make no mistake: This isn't worth $40.00, and does nothing to improve this game.

After playing D3 under the new patch for a couple of hours, I realized that the same, fundamental problems persist: Mainly that the itemization is WoWified, and lacks the complexity and awesomeness that D2:LoD possessed. Basically, just get the highest DPS on any main hand weapon, and then fill your other slots with Main Stat + Health. Game play is still a predetermined mess: Monster fires at you from across the screen, you move to dodge, but alas, the hit was determined before the first animated bullet was fired.

Total mess.

Also: I love that the hundreds of 10s and 9s read like the same script, and are posted by people who have never posted before. I smell Blizzard's PR team at work here.
  42. Mar 29, 2014
    same crap different asshoo. nothing changed actually, all the same retarded design from the first game is still there. loot 2.0? that is something you should implied into the game in day one. but it took 2 years to figure that your loot system sucks. let's teach them a lesson and teach it well. i will never again buy a crap from blizzard. it is done. i would give -10 if it is possible butsame crap different asshoo. nothing changed actually, all the same retarded design from the first game is still there. loot 2.0? that is something you should implied into the game in day one. but it took 2 years to figure that your loot system sucks. let's teach them a lesson and teach it well. i will never again buy a crap from blizzard. it is done. i would give -10 if it is possible but i can't. so "0" is fair. Expand
  43. Mar 30, 2014
    Vanilla D3 was (and still is) a ripoff, a fraud that completely obliterated what was left of Blizzard's reputation as a quality video games developer. The only reason why it didn't end in a lawsuit is that gamers don't take games seriously enough. (BTW, all that “it's just a game, you're taking it too seriously” is BS systematically cultivated by game publishing companies themselvesVanilla D3 was (and still is) a ripoff, a fraud that completely obliterated what was left of Blizzard's reputation as a quality video games developer. The only reason why it didn't end in a lawsuit is that gamers don't take games seriously enough. (BTW, all that “it's just a game, you're taking it too seriously” is BS systematically cultivated by game publishing companies themselves because it allows them to sell crappy products repeatedly and get away with it. Just because it's entertainment doesn't mean it must be of abysmal quality.)

If Blizzard actually wanted to make amends for the D3 fiasco they would have done the following (*BEFORE* even starting to work on any expansion):
    1) Make the game available offline on PC (this is the *ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FIRST STEP* and without it everything else is useless).
    2) Scratch the RMAH but keep the GAH.
    3) Release Loot 2.0 and actual (non-arena) PVP as a *FREE* DLC and re-balance skills in a sane manner that would allow more that one viable build per class.

As we all know, none of the above has ever happened so both D3 and RoS obviously deserve a score of 0.

P.S. I will not buy this expansion and will boycott all future Blizzard releases.
  44. Mar 31, 2014
    Yet another Blizzard game that is fun for the first 3 hours then it's the most repetitive game you've ever played.

ARPGs are meant for long term play, D2 and PoE are prime examples of great longevity - D3 nor D3 RoS provide ANY longevity AT ALL. They are ruining the genre and everyone should issue a refund.
  45. Mar 25, 2014
    This is a different game compared to D3 vanilla, i would suggest all diablo fans to try it. End-game is actually great now, compared to dissaster called D3. Great amount of new legendery and set items, with AH closed you can actually find them yourself now and enjoy the process through adventure mode. Additional content like new act and new class is just bonus. The main thing is that theThis is a different game compared to D3 vanilla, i would suggest all diablo fans to try it. End-game is actually great now, compared to dissaster called D3. Great amount of new legendery and set items, with AH closed you can actually find them yourself now and enjoy the process through adventure mode. Additional content like new act and new class is just bonus. The main thing is that the gearing process is actually a joy.

P.S. People giving this game 0 are the ones not playing it. They played D3 vanilla and hated it (dont blame them), but now they are unjustly expresing their rage here without knowing how much better the game has become with Patch 2.0 + RoS + shutting the AH.
  46. Mar 27, 2014
    It's the same boring thing over and over and over again, this is more a DLC than whatever.
    The same rush for new itens, hours and hours doing the same stuff to get better gear to kill monsters with huge HP.
  47. Mar 27, 2014
    Honestly i played through it on my lvl108 paragon demon hunter on torment 2 and cleared act V in under 2 hours. other then styling your Armour, and the old gear being boosted to level 70 instead of level 60(including the same names), and one extra character its exactly the same game with 2hrs more game play for $40. Loot 2.0 is from the old game for those who seem to think its from theHonestly i played through it on my lvl108 paragon demon hunter on torment 2 and cleared act V in under 2 hours. other then styling your Armour, and the old gear being boosted to level 70 instead of level 60(including the same names), and one extra character its exactly the same game with 2hrs more game play for $40. Loot 2.0 is from the old game for those who seem to think its from the expansion. And the story line makes completely no sense at all, it completely breaks the whole game history/universe(if you know the universe)

All in all im giving it a fair zero reasoning's are:
    New Act +1

Zero replay-ability -1
    Calling it an expansion when its a DLC -1
    Price -1
    Cinematic are next to nothing at all -1

5 being an average or starter score, 8 bad points, 3 good points equals a score of 0 unless my math is wrong.

See 3 movies at the cinemas you will get far more enjoyment and 3 times more bang for buck.
  48. Mar 28, 2014
    Diablo3 and ros is the worst game that blizzard ever produced.Blizzard north should have done this game.Ros is just another way for blizz to earn cash on silly kids who like cartoon graphics and cheezy story(diablo story makes my head hurt,a lot).My advice is,do not buy this cause it's not exp,it's minor dlc,and it should be free for all who bought diablo 3.Nothing is changed,just biggerDiablo3 and ros is the worst game that blizzard ever produced.Blizzard north should have done this game.Ros is just another way for blizz to earn cash on silly kids who like cartoon graphics and cheezy story(diablo story makes my head hurt,a lot).My advice is,do not buy this cause it's not exp,it's minor dlc,and it should be free for all who bought diablo 3.Nothing is changed,just bigger numbers,some maps,all the flaws are still there(bad items,awful story,shiny graphics,diablo is still a girl(the lord of hell-is a girl),cain is dead,tyreal is boring,magda still talks(more then a lot),they all talk like girls and they should be prime evils and archangels,no end movie on ros,no runes,no charms,no abillty points...I could go all night but now there is one good thing,yes,one.Combat is fun(for 2 hours) and then it's just pain for eyes and ears and it's abomination to diablo franchise.I'll pretend that with LOD diablo universe ended.Will never buy any blizz product in my life(and i'm gamer since 1992,DIABLO 1 greatest fan in the world),it's pain for me to even use word diablo 3. Expand
  49. Mar 29, 2014
    Very bad ARPG designed for non gamers. Shallow, streamlined, roller coastery mundane garbage that never should have been released. Degenerating the entire genre forever marking Blizzard as cash grabbing incompetents that are only in the industry for making money, not producing quality.
  50. Mar 30, 2014
    I just made this account to announce that I am also boycotting Blizzards for that impertinence of theirs. They did not live up to their promises in the past, know they want us to pay for their fail! Their are a lot of good games on the market. Get something with a real play value for your money like Banished, Jazzpunk or even Path of Exile if you need the real Action RPG feeling.
  51. Mar 31, 2014
    Not sure how blizzard gets away with making a great expansion to make obvious fixes to such a horrible mistake, especially without cutting their existing customers a significant financial deal. $40 or $50 would be a fair price for the base game updated to include Reaper of Souls. $40 to fix the abomination that was the base game is ridiculous. $10 for the expansion would be fair afterNot sure how blizzard gets away with making a great expansion to make obvious fixes to such a horrible mistake, especially without cutting their existing customers a significant financial deal. $40 or $50 would be a fair price for the base game updated to include Reaper of Souls. $40 to fix the abomination that was the base game is ridiculous. $10 for the expansion would be fair after suffering d3's auction house that virtually destroyed great loot drops for almost two years.

Blizzard has demolished their goodwill. If you think them "fixing" the game is enough to make things right, they only did so because they squeezed all the blood they could out of the auction house turnip. This fix was the only way to maintain long-term profitability, and they withheld it until now. The console version was awesome. Regardless of what their awesome developers do, it's clear that ridiculously excessive corporate greed is baked into the company culture, and until now it's prevented the PC version from being on par with ancient consoles.
  52. Apr 1, 2014
    What a load of crap! EUR 40, for what can only be considered DLC at best. Let’s hope activation doesn't acquire Burger king lest they start charging their customers for after-meal toothpicks, breath mints and toilet privileges. Guys, there's much better value out there - path of exile, the torchlight series, Diablo 2 (with the mods). Save your dough for worthwhile titles and flush thisWhat a load of crap! EUR 40, for what can only be considered DLC at best. Let’s hope activation doesn't acquire Burger king lest they start charging their customers for after-meal toothpicks, breath mints and toilet privileges. Guys, there's much better value out there - path of exile, the torchlight series, Diablo 2 (with the mods). Save your dough for worthwhile titles and flush this turd back to the activision / blizzard abyss from where it came. Expand
  53. Mar 28, 2014
    What a cash grab game. I honestly don't understand why they removed all character skill building aspects of the game.

Everyone uses the same skills. All the items look the same. Content in the game is extremely repetitive.

Who would play this game when you have so many SO MANY ARPGS to pick from right now.
  54. Mar 26, 2014
    The game is still full of lag. This expansion is a waste of money. And this game is still pay to win in design, you need lots of those tradable crafting materials to get a good level 70 item
  55. Mar 30, 2014
    I give this a solid 3.
    It's too expensive for it's content,it will never be a successor for diablo 2.
    But at least it's an upgrade to diablo 3. In my opinion,if you hated d3 vanilla,don't buy it. If you were okay with it,wait for cheaper price. If you liked the game,go buy it. All is see is 0 or 10 scores,nobody writes a rational review. I'm sorry this became an overpriced DLC,but
    I give this a solid 3.
    It's too expensive for it's content,it will never be a successor for diablo 2.
    But at least it's an upgrade to diablo 3.
    In my opinion,if you hated d3 vanilla,don't buy it.
    If you were okay with it,wait for cheaper price.
    If you liked the game,go buy it.
    All is see is 0 or 10 scores,nobody writes a rational review.
    I'm sorry this became an overpriced DLC,but for some it's worth,for others(like me) just go play something else.
  56. Apr 2, 2014
    Although the adventure mode is a welcome and even necessary addition, it is way overdue and should have been included in a free patch or better yet, the original game, which was a total sham. I cannot comment on the crusader, since i have not played him, neither will i. The real issue is that the same core problems of vanilla still persist in reaper of souls and will never go away.
    * Itemization is still problematic. Yes, you can more easily find loot suited for your character due to "smarter" drops. Yet, since there are no customizable stats, you still want the same old stats on each and every item. Vit, main stat, crit chance... It made the looting boring as hell before and it still does. No change here. It's still just an up the numbers game with very little thought required. I tried out Loot 2.0 extensively before the expansion hit and although they did rework the legendaries, they still do not provide build opportunities. Either they now have some sort of silly and barely significant proc effect or just add to the numbers. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, switching legendaries is not drastically going to alter your playstyle.
    * Still very little character customization. The mystic artisan now offers transmogrification, which is a plus, but the real character customization should be in your choice of skills. More skills are viable now, but play out the same. The paragon system is also a lame, tacked-on quick fix for an actual stat allocation scheme. It's like admitting you were wrong not to include it, yet nevertheless not fixing it either.
    * Dps is still completely derived of your weapon damage which is retarded, since it can make you run around with weapons that your class should never be using and make you look moronic.

This is all due to inital game design and will most likely never be fixed. Otherwise, they would have done it by now.
    Lastly, and this may be personal, but the price is way too high for an expansion, especially one of which half it's content should've been patched in free (adventure mode). Sorry, but 40 euros for a 3 hour act and one new class ? That's just a blatant rip off.
  57. GWJ
    Mar 29, 2014
    Was going to write a long review for this game but simply not worth my time.Basicly about $9.99 worth of DLC called an expansion for $40.They went BOA to stop the RMT but bots are already running rampad.This "expansion" does not fix core problems with D3 vanilla with is utter garbage.Save your $40 if you must have this game wait a couple months this stinker will be in a bargin bin near you.
  58. Mar 30, 2014
    This so called "Addon" is worse than a CoD DLC. 2 Hours of new Content and no Cinematic at the end is a joke if you consider it cost nearly as much as a full price title. Also no new exciting or innovative features they just recycle old stuff to get more easy money. Bli$$ard is the same as EA nowadays. Really it doesnt even fix the main issues of the core game and they sell it for 40$This so called "Addon" is worse than a CoD DLC. 2 Hours of new Content and no Cinematic at the end is a joke if you consider it cost nearly as much as a full price title. Also no new exciting or innovative features they just recycle old stuff to get more easy money. Bli$$ard is the same as EA nowadays. Really it doesnt even fix the main issues of the core game and they sell it for 40$ really? Worst ARPG on the market. Expand
  59. Mar 31, 2014
    This is merely a DLC disguised and sold as an expansion. The amount content in this "expansion" is the about same as a $10-$15 DLC, the price tag of $40 is definitely not justifiable at all. The only notable additions this expansion brings are only the Crusader (which is kind of uninspired) and the new act, the rest of the content is very lackluster.

The new Adventure Mode fails to

The new Adventure Mode fails to provide a new alternative to the gameplay, because it is the ONLY game mode worth playing. Once you unlock Adventure Mode there's no point in playing Story Mode anymore, as all the new game mechanics are only available in Adventure Mode. It would be better if they had introduced new mechanics to both modes so players have more choices when it comes to playing the game.

Mystic/Enchanting is a feature that was supposed to be in the original D3, but was apparently "scrapped" and then conveniently packaged into the expansion as a "new" feature. This makes one question the business ethics of Activision-Blizzard, what more content has been cut in order to be sold together with the future expansions as "new" features?

Gambling (Blood shards) is a mechanic already found in D2 but was then somehow missing in the original D3, only to appear in this expansion as another "new" feature. Aside from that, it is currently considered a waste of time and effort to "gamble", as the chances of getting legendaries from gambling are extremely low, even after the latest hotfix.

Speaking of legendaries, the new legendaries (not the re-revamped vanilla legendaries. Yes, RE-revamped.) are only a handful, and most of them are still as boring as the old ones, with boring stats and mods, no small part due to the still-broken itemization. Getting the ones you really want will now be an even arduous task, as you can no longer freely trade with others thanks to the Bind-on-Account system.

Bounties and Rifts are new gameplay mechanics found in Adventure Mode, nothing remarkable about them. Bounties only provide you with specific target to kill for an reward and rifts only serve as a minor distraction from the mindless and monotonous grinding.

However, if you insist on buying this game, I would recommend waiting for the price to drop before getting it. This game is NOT worth $40, do not continue to line Acti-Blizz's pockets by paying so much for so little.
  60. Mar 25, 2014
    Every aspect of the game has been improved, this is not the same game that was released in May. There is a darker feel and everything seems bigger and badder. This is not 'just' an expansion is a real game changer. For my money RoS has re elevated Diablo 3 back to the top spot of the ARPG genre.
  61. Apr 9, 2014
    Embarrassing. Really embarrassing. This was supposed to be a free patch, a thank you to those who have thrown their money to the publication of poor Diablo 3. Instead they ask for another 30 Euro. 30 euro for a patch. To which are added the 50 already spent. Total: 80€ to play, after two years, a decent version of the game! Never again Blizzard!!!
  62. Mar 25, 2014
    Despite diablo 3 's frustration this time the whole game changed A LOT and much BETTER... especially the whole AH system is now gone FOREVER!.... I can only imagina a much better Diablo... 10/10 enoguh said...
  63. Mar 25, 2014
    Overall a decent expansion for Diablo 3 - but still not quite as fun as Diablo 2 : LoD was. The balance of skills, features and required talent simply isn't quite there yet, but it's definitely a HUGE improvement over vanilla D3.

The skills and loot system have received minor overhauls, and they added some decent end game content. The Crusader is a great class to play, and quite similar to the Paladin from D2. The mystic is also a really nice addition.

PVP is still terrible, there are no ladders, runes/runewords, charms, quick weapon swapping, you still can't teleport or leap properly, the story is still less than mediocre, the narratives are still dull/clichéd/corny at best, only 4 players max in a game rather than 8, the graphics are still subpar with oversaturated colours, and finally, there's still no playable Necromancer (seriously, I miss my necro so bad...)

Time will tell if they manage to get the game up to par, but I think there's still a TON of work to be done with it...which is sad, considering D2:LoD was released in 2001.

Ultimately, I'm having way more fun playing D3 now compared to pre-2.0.1, so I look forward to the future improvements and expansions. You've still got work to do, Blizzard.. but you're on the right path.
  64. Mar 25, 2014
    I write this review without bias and with fairness to this product itself. When the original Diablo 3 released, I was quite disappointed. The graphics were great, sure, and the game interest sustained for a long time. Eventually, however, I became frustrated with good gear that never dropped, constant reliance on an inflated auction house, limited difficultly levels and a campaign thatI write this review without bias and with fairness to this product itself. When the original Diablo 3 released, I was quite disappointed. The graphics were great, sure, and the game interest sustained for a long time. Eventually, however, I became frustrated with good gear that never dropped, constant reliance on an inflated auction house, limited difficultly levels and a campaign that became achingly repetitive quickly.

Reaper of Souls fixes virtually every issue I had with the original and has me hooked and raring to go for many, many hours.

1) Loot 2.0

There are now dynamic drops with neat affixes and class appropriate stats. I get a new legendary every few hours and I feel like I am being rewarded for my time

2) Adventure mode and rifts

You can jump around acts and also do randomized dungeons, breaking all previous monotony

3) Crusader class

A beast new hero to play with many interesting abilities and a great look. Every time I swing my 2H flail I am happy I bought the game

4) New artisan - the mystic

You can reroll stats on your gear, even legendaries, to your heart's content

5) Upgrading graphics

There was a rebuild on the game and it looks better than ever

6) GUI optimization

The latest NVIDIA driver release, coupled with network optimization, means that even with four heroes on stage, unlimited mobs, and at 2560x1440 resolution, I can get a steady 60 fps all the time

7) New Act V

It is a bit short in terms of content for my taste, but, it looks great and there is so much to do. I am sure more content is on the way, but, honestly, I much prefer to just jump around in adventure mode!

8) Clans

I now have a group of all my good friends, we can see each other's games and group up quickly and enjoyably

Things Blizzard didn't change or add: There were some ability tweaks, but there is not an open-ended system like in some other ARPGs like Path of Exile. If you like that, you will be disappointed. Personally, I am more simple-minded and find the choice in Diablo fine, but I understand the complaints. Also, the overall content hasn't changed much, although optimization has. With the new inferno levels though, and the new paragon system and points you earn (unlimited!!) for all your toons, I no longer feel constrained to not try new toons and jump around.

Final Verdict: It's a brave new world in Diablo with no auction house, smart loot and finally clans to play with friends. I am having so much fun with my crusader. Many will have a bone to pick with Diablo 3, and, honestly, I don't blame them. That being said, I got probably 500-600 hours of gameplay out of the original Diablo 3, which at $60 came out to $0.10 an hour. If you just don't like Diablo 3 and can't find a way to enjoy or praise it no matter what Blizzard does, you will vote this game down.

For everybody else, I STRONGLY suggest you come back and give things a try. No game is perfect, but I, objectively, believe this is a game I can now rate as a 10, versus the 6 or 7 I would have given the original Diablo. Hope to see you in game and good job Blizzard!
  65. Mar 25, 2014
    Flawless launch, a new epic Act, Enchanting, Adventure Mode. This game is now complete, like Diablo 2 LOD was to Diablo 2. The ambiance of the new act is awesome... and dark.
  66. Apr 12, 2014
    If you liked diablo 2 you will hate this. It is more of the same diablo 3 trash.
    No real customization, no pvp, it's all just grinding and farming. Don't give blizzard your money, the absolutely only difference now is more bad content to grind and legendarily drop like candy at halloween for god knows what reason, I think that's blizzard's idea of "fixing" loot. The legendaries are stupid, they're the same +stats and one gimicky effect. How about you add some legendaries that have unique abilities and can add special skills that you normally can't get like D2 did blizzard, you lazy devs.
  67. Apr 7, 2014
    Unfortunately I cannot recommend buying Diablo 3 : Reaper of Souls. Expansion adds very little to the game or endgame - its mainly just rifts and bounties. Legendary drop rates are abysmal and set item drops are almost nonexistent. Blizzard doesn't want its players to have fun, they want us to grind for months for a single upgrade. Game could have been great but sadly its unrewarding and shallow.
  68. Mar 26, 2014
    Now they really fix the game! It´s got everything that needed and it´s FUN! With the excellente new campaign and character the game continues to amaze me! But the best point here is the new Adventure mode: it´s just great. It has bounties and random levels in the Nephalems Rifts that are soooo much fun! The rewarding experiencie is now also excellent since the legendaries and other itemsNow they really fix the game! It´s got everything that needed and it´s FUN! With the excellente new campaign and character the game continues to amaze me! But the best point here is the new Adventure mode: it´s just great. It has bounties and random levels in the Nephalems Rifts that are soooo much fun! The rewarding experiencie is now also excellent since the legendaries and other items have been fixed and they now drop on ANY level.
    Congratulations Blizzard, you really listened to the fans and now the game is what it always shoulded been!!
  69. Apr 2, 2014
    Look at all those 10s... its probably a joke considering that the $40 price tag for a so called "expansion" with the content that matches of DLC packs for a game that had many basic features stripped naked of its base game so blizzard could make an extra buck now... not to mention that the game is still missing several key contents requested by its community...
  70. Mar 25, 2014
    Game is awesome the expansion is a complete turn around for diablo 3 in everyway :) once they add the extra things theyve been talking about like ladders etc etc this game will be set to be as good if not better than diablo 2.
  71. Apr 2, 2014
    I dont even know where to start this review, everything is sad about this title i dont usually even bother to log in and write reviews of games but this heap they call an expansion is clearly not 2 years of work worths. Blizzard you should be ashamed of yourself releasing such a restricted game with no trading at all except for the players that was in your game when the item dropped.

I

I feel ripped off quite frankly, it will surely be the last game i ever buy from you blizzard. And im sure im not the only one feeling that way.
  72. Mar 25, 2014
    Reaper of Souls is what the Diablo III fans were waiting for. The expansion revolutionizes the game entirely, only in positive ways. Getting this expansion pack is highly recommended to everyone!
  73. Apr 8, 2014
    What a kick in the face... $40? For this crap? Stop making games Blizzard. You aren't good at it anymore. Least of all you're overcharging us for things we should have had in the first place.
  74. Apr 8, 2014
    Money grabbing dump. ridiculous for a DLC more expensive than the original one. This was one of my most anticipate franchises, but I still remember how shabby Diablo III is. I will never try any sequels.
    There are some much better alternatives for this genre, like Torchlight II, Path of Exile.
  75. Mar 25, 2014
    Awesome, just awesome. Game runs great, looks great, and is so much fun to play. Can't find anything to complain about. Other than the fact i'm at work right now and not playing it. GJ blizz!
  76. Mar 25, 2014
    Campaign length was shorter then id like, but for an action rpg expansion, it was acceptable. Loot 2.0 is leaps and bounds better than the looting system Diablo 3 launched with, and the launch of Reaper of souls was flawless.
  77. Mar 31, 2014
    Reaper of souls was Activision-Blizzards attempt to fix the abomination that was D3. Instead of putting the game back on path their brilliant idea was to add 1 weak character and limit trading. I purchased D3 specifically for the trading aspect of the game, it was what I enjoyed in the originals.
  78. Apr 1, 2014
    Very bad bliz, still no endgame. Rifl are sucks, only kill boss without nothing? No porgression etc. Blizz learn how do endgame on poe. Blizzard workd very slow, and much people very happy, when blizzrd just sold them for 40$ **** game
  79. Apr 5, 2014
    A complete joke for the price you have to pay. I played a friend's copy and found the same flaws in the underlying game design still persist. Also the previous acts, barring act 2, are still terrible and indicative of lazy design. Thus the much hyped adventure mode is very much a required crutch for a game that limps along with half its limbs and still pretends to be whole.
  80. Mar 26, 2014
    I will just quote user by the name "mosti" 'cause he says exactly what I mean :

I will just quote user by the name "mosti" 'cause he says exactly what I mean :

-Excellent- I read through some of the negative reviews before purchasing this expansion so my hopes weren't high. 8hrs in so far and I'm thinking........ummm wtf are these negative reviewers talking about? Pull your finger out your arse.. Cons - .Price for an expansion is quite steep .Character depth - I just feel so much more can be done with the characters. Starting from the voice overs...especially the main character.

Pros -
    .Visuals are very well done. Read reviews of people criticizing this area. wtf are you serious? These visuals are absolutely spot on and couldn't be better. Looks gorgeous and really pulls you into the world and lore.

.Sound (score). Amazing and one of the best score's I've ever experienced in gaming. It really sets the mood quite well. Dramatic, moody, thrilling and exciting. Also the detail in the backdrop sound of fire/screaming/demons/chaos is perfect! Only downfall is the Voice overs could be better done. The main character's voice and overall cockiness annoys me.

.Control - What you'd expect from blizzard....easy, fluent and functional. Man this game's controls run so smooooth!

.Loot 2.0 - "not an improvement" Are you serious?! This is a major improvement! 80%+ of the loot I'm getting is relevant to my class! Awesome!

. Auction house gone - Best decision they've made. Many would agree

Overall I rate this experience an 8/10. Definitely a step-up from the base game with a lot to offer veterans and new comers. They've really done a great job with the atmosphere, scenery and sound/score. I just wish the character depth was there. I'm a lover of games such as dragon age, the witcher etc so I'm always looking for in depth character utilization accompanied by a well told and exciting story. For me, Diablo lacks here. Fortunately, the visuals and sounding still captivate me and draw me into the world.

Is it fun? yes. Is it visuallly brilliant? yes. Do the controls work? yes.
    A must have for those who gave the base game anything between a 5-10
  81. Mar 25, 2014
    Blizzard did it! i have a feeling like playing D2, no more RMAH, the loot 2.0v is great, the expansion is a beast! I don't wan't to rush it started playing with a crusader from lvl 1 and apsolutely love it! TY Blizzard for this awesome game, now the whiners who whined when D3 was released love it, now even disconnection problems on release! 10/10
  82. Mar 25, 2014
    Even though the price tag may turn you away, blizzard has done a great patch up job to try and save a completely failed franchise. The new formulas introduced into RoS as well as a little earlier prior to release have fixed or in some way addressed most of the problems that vanilla Diablo 3 absolutely failed at and it all started with the announcement that the AH was finally being removed.Even though the price tag may turn you away, blizzard has done a great patch up job to try and save a completely failed franchise. The new formulas introduced into RoS as well as a little earlier prior to release have fixed or in some way addressed most of the problems that vanilla Diablo 3 absolutely failed at and it all started with the announcement that the AH was finally being removed. Without the game being centred around the AH, loot progression in the game is pretty solid right now. Loot 2.0 gives you upgrades almost every 2 hours even after hitting the upper "soft" cap that most ARPGs have in terms of itemization, this makes farming worthwhile again! Since legendaries are account bound now there is no bot based spamming going on and even though most people dislike this feature it helps protect against the abuse that most trading systems get put through in any game that requires an online connection and there is no reason for most accounts to ever get hacked. Crafting is as addictive as ever and being able to reroll stats on items using the mystic is a great and fun addition. Monster killing is as fluid as ever and paragon stat points and the constant stream of small iterative upgrades doesnt get old anytime soon. Adventure mode allows you to continue hacking away endlessly through different acts without having to go through the shallow story parts.
    Character customization is still extremely lacking in the game with the same 6 - 7 skill /rune system, the skill system still doesnt allow for qwerky and fun skill builds like in D2 and doesnt require too much thought on different playstyles. Paragon stat points do however add a small layer/buffer on this problem but dont allow for too much variance.
    The Crusader class is again another solid addition and feels just like it should, an uber tanky Paladin (d2) like class that smashes through things in a lot of fun ways =).
    All in all RoS is not a disappointment, the price tag is still a little high but the game is worth it with all the new fixes/enhancements and will keep most old and new diablo fans busy for a good 100 - 200 hours (if you enjoy grinding loot and making your characters iteratively better), and this is coming from someone who absolutely hated every bit of what they did with Diablo 3 vanilla having played and loved Diablo 2 for so many years.
    If its a well built story and a long campaign you want absolutely stay away from this expansion. If you enjoy killing **** and slash/and a good itemization system, then definitely do consider giving RoS a shot.
  83. Mar 25, 2014
    It took them two years, but after freeing themselves from the ridiculous Auction House, Blizzard finally delivers a game that has all the good things from Diablo 2, and a great crafting system that will keep us playing for a long time.
  84. Mar 26, 2014
    Ignore the hate. This truly does fix the problems with vanilla d3 almost entirely. At first I was a little wary of this expansion because it seemed like there wasn't going to be much content and vanilla Diablo 3 was a huge disapointment. I decided to give blizzard one more leap of faith and it totally paid off. Act V is huge is comparison to the other acts (I would say roughly 2/3 the sizeIgnore the hate. This truly does fix the problems with vanilla d3 almost entirely. At first I was a little wary of this expansion because it seemed like there wasn't going to be much content and vanilla Diablo 3 was a huge disapointment. I decided to give blizzard one more leap of faith and it totally paid off. Act V is huge is comparison to the other acts (I would say roughly 2/3 the size of the main game) and is arguably the best act in the game and has many great environments, bosses, and enemies to fight. The crusader is a great addition and really feels in the paladin type of roll that has been sorely missing and the class feels very weighty and powerful (plus I love the idea of vanquishing demons as a warrior of the light.) The dreadful auction house is gone and is replaced with loot 2.0 which has you actually finding good items that fit you and you find them regularly but at the same time not too often so they still feel special. In particular I was most impressed with adventure mode which sounded kinda dumb to me at first but it truly is a legitimate end game and makes you feel like your not being corralled from place to place like in the campaign. Another great part of adventure mode is that the objectives and randomized in each zone so it never feels rinse and repeat and then great loot drops in it as well on top of having random maps to complete for every 5 quests you complete in the adventure mode with even more promising loot. All of this creates a much better late game scenario for d3 that feels more open ended and rewarding for the player. They also completely threw out the old difficulty system that made the game a complete slog when leveling characters. Now you cant pick any difficulty at the beginning (there is alot more of them than before by the way) and the game auto tunes to your level. The higher the difficulty the higher the xp and loot/money which is how it always should have been. Clans are also added as well which should strengthen the community and allow you to meet and make bonds with people that play the game. Mystic artisan gets added as well which allows you to augment your gear as you please if you are have a decent item but need it tweaked or want it remodeled which is a huge plus for this kind of game. Honestly my only serious complaints are that the vanilla d3 classes feel like they didn't have a whole lot added to them despite the level cap being raised to 70 despite a few new skills and their new item sets. Story is also weak again with the typical bad guy has raised demons and you must kill him before he destroys humanity blah blah blah. Overall though those problems are simply not important the amount of things this expansion gets right ways those negatives out a million times over. As I said blizzard failed me once but I took a leap of faith with them and it totally paid off. I suggest you take that leap of faith as well. Expand
  85. Mar 27, 2014
    As a former d2 player, I must state that RoS is fun to play, but still you just have to ignore a lot of strange and unnecessarily simplified game mechanics to keep that fun alive.

As people already pointed out, the loot 2.0 is not that much of difference.. still much too many boring yellow items, which willl never be viable. Same problem like with d3 classic (only difference: numbers grow really big now which is such a bad design choice, because you lose any left relation too any value.. don't know how many life or dps of any of my chars has, because with the next item it could be 100k more or less, so it feels kind of arbitary. even all chars can reach the same amount of life.. no RPG feeling there). Next bad choice is to put mainstats on items, so if these two mainstats aren't there the item is basically crap and since these numbers get so high you don't really care about the value. So the Itemization isn't even close as diversified as d2 lod. In my oppinion that's the biggest problem with the game.

What would make the clue?
    - Get that mainstats off the items and back to be manually distributed. Give barbs for example reasons to put points in dex (increased blockchance, attackrating and stuff like that). Give different hp amounts for vit points for each class, that would eliminate the need for 30% enhanced dmg taken for wizards, wds and so on.
    - Make rare items more rare, diversified and overall viable (not only the legendarys with special affix)
    - Make all legendary remarkable for a special stat, which could only be reached if you put off the mainstats of these items
    - Bring back more RPG feeling (stat requirement for weapons,armors,cap for resistances, life values for casters lower than for meeles, any kind of stat points...)

All these changes wouldn't affect the casual gamers and enhance the fun for everybody who cares about game depth!

To be clear, I wouldn't care about all this if wouldn't have loved d2 so much and wouldn't see that potential in d3 thrown away for no good reason...
  86. Mar 26, 2014
    A vast improvement over the original Diablo 3, they have really unlocked the fun in this interation, allowing you to fully explore the world and truly appriceate the art and detail that they have put into it with the new Adventure Mode. The combat is smooth and the skills feel very balanced and fun to use, allowing you to tailor a build to your own needs and preferences combined withA vast improvement over the original Diablo 3, they have really unlocked the fun in this interation, allowing you to fully explore the world and truly appriceate the art and detail that they have put into it with the new Adventure Mode. The combat is smooth and the skills feel very balanced and fun to use, allowing you to tailor a build to your own needs and preferences combined with interesting unique drops that can completely alter the way your character works. One of the best expansion experiences I've had as of late, and that's coming from someone that was 'very' sceptical about this game from the start. Expand
  87. Sep 5, 2014
    TLDR: If you have not played D3 RoS Patch 2.1, you're missing out!

Patch 2.1 Reaper of Souls. It has got me hooked once again (2am gaming sessions, no food, rooted in chair for hours hooked). This is because character progression is something tangible now instead of a pipe dream back pre RoS when the auction house dominated your ability to get good upgrades. I really enjoy the game
    TLDR: If you have not played D3 RoS Patch 2.1, you're missing out!

I really enjoy the game now and even though I play this game entirely solo, I'm still able to reach Torment 6 with my Barbarian even if it is challenging, I don't have perfect gear but I have read some tips on gearing up my barb and as a result have made huge steps from Torment 1 to Torment 6 difficulty which I will have on farm hopefully once I can tweak my build some more to perfection.

Gear is key in this game and with the new legendary sets, the game becomes even more enjoyable when you have two or three sets all giving you bonuses at the same time. Nothing more satisfying than killing a Rift Guardian and seeing four legendary items drop, two of which are set pieces that provide an alternate path in build choice of my character.
  88. Mar 27, 2014
    It's hilarious that most negative so-called reviews do not tell you what is wrong with the game, exactly. It is obvious most people who gave the game "0-4" have absolutely no idea about the concept of a Diablo game, nor that Blizzard basically made a completely new and enjoyable game with this expansion.

They whine about the prize tag but forget that LOD, the Diablo 2 expansion offered less and didn't change the game like this expansion changes D3.

They overhauled Loot. They overhauled the difficulty system. They revamped crafting and made it enjoyable. They completely remade almost every skill and rune. They added elemental damage to runes. They added new mechanics such as pools of reflection and nephalem glory globe system. In the pre patch alone. And no, you can't look at the pre patch and the expansion separately, since the pre patch is a platform for the expansion.

With the expansion you get:
    One huge and amazing act with its quests, music, everything.
    New awesome class with completely new skills and rune sets.
    New artisan - the Mystic, which is huge.
    Adventure mode - which is basically a whole new game that takes advantage of whole content of the game. The replayability with this mode is infinite.
    Whole bunch of awesome new legendaries and sets which will enable different build possibilities.

Now compare what I wrote with the "0" reviews and their absence of arguments and points.
  89. Mar 26, 2014
    The hate for this expansion is ridiculous. The loot system is the best loot system of any ARPG ever, yes it is now even better than D2. It still could use a couple more unique affixes, but it largely is interesting and more rewarding than ever. Act 5 is spectacular, the randomization brings back memories of the old Diablo games. The only thing they need to fix is Acts 1-4 are still a lotThe hate for this expansion is ridiculous. The loot system is the best loot system of any ARPG ever, yes it is now even better than D2. It still could use a couple more unique affixes, but it largely is interesting and more rewarding than ever. Act 5 is spectacular, the randomization brings back memories of the old Diablo games. The only thing they need to fix is Acts 1-4 are still a lot more linear than they should be in a Diablo game. The story is corny and bad, but the atmosphere and music in Act 5 is appropriately gloomy and "hellish".

I quit Diablo 3 in about August 2012 and haven't touched it for more than an hour until now. This expansion and associated Loot 2.0 patch has completely revitalized Diablo's legacy as the best ARPG around. The game is not a perfect successor yet, but Blizzard is clearly on the right track.
  90. Mar 26, 2014
    Incredible game with an extreme responsive combat engine and the usual Blizzard polish. D3 ROS managed to do what nobody thought: complete change and overhaul of the entire Original game and make it a winner.
    The only "real" complaints I see is the price of 40 bucks for the expansion. THEN you know the game is a winner. Because frankly RoS in its end game offers randomised loot adventures and complete newly constructed riff dungeons with up to 16 (or more?) levels...
    I have NO idea what these 1 ratings mean as these guys should get their heads examined.
  91. Mar 26, 2014
    diablo 3 is a solid game.

do bounties

collect some of sort of key, to open portal to another dimension

sounds cool ? yes

feels more rewarding

act 5 is freaking huge

AI enemies are 10 times more smarter

crazy mobs running around everywhere, in adventure mode.

you dont feel alone

always something that's chasing you ! lol
  92. Mar 26, 2014
    -Excellent-
    -Excellent-

Cons - .Price for an expansion is quite steep

Pros -

. Auction house gone - Best decision they've made. Many would agree

Is it fun? yes. Is it visuallly brilliant? yes. Do the controls work? yes.
    A must have for those who gave the base game anything between a 5-10
  93. Apr 1, 2014
    EUR 40!! For a couple hours gameplay and one new class. Yes, theres adventure mode and all these "game changing" tweaks that "critics" keep raving about. IGN 9.1/10 rating and Meta score of 86!Cmon. Stop being Blizz cum guzzlers and get real. In total, you saying EUR 80 for a complete game experience! Spare us the bull **** Blizzard.
  94. Mar 29, 2014
    As someone who was ultimately disappointed with how the original D3 turned out, I'm actually enjoying RoS a lot more, especially with the new Crusader class. That said, I know a lot of people won't. They're the ones that feel so burned by the original that no improvements will ever be enough to fix it for them.

They hate Blizzard with a passion now for what it did with the RMAH and

They hate Blizzard with a passion now for what it did with the RMAH and the requirement of always being online. And they see any changes as too little, too late. I wouldn't try to convince those people because frankly I understand why they're upset and the expansion isn't really for them anyway.

It's more for people like me who would still go back if they had a good enough reason, which this expansion provides in spades. And that's just fine.
  95. Apr 1, 2014
    Repetitive and boring. Just more of the same. The new class isnt sufficient to keep the interest in this game for a long time. The graphics and sounds are gorgeous but the fun factor dont last long. The game Path of Exile is more deep and challeging than this shadow of what was D2.
  96. Mar 28, 2014
    Between this and the 2.0 patch, we've now got most of what Diablo 3 should have been (online only is still a bummer). The game is way more fun to play than before, the AH distraction is gone, drops aren't 99% worthless, crafting actually creates useful stuff, adventure mode lets you go kill things without repeating the story, and paragon levels give you some kind of character progression.Between this and the 2.0 patch, we've now got most of what Diablo 3 should have been (online only is still a bummer). The game is way more fun to play than before, the AH distraction is gone, drops aren't 99% worthless, crafting actually creates useful stuff, adventure mode lets you go kill things without repeating the story, and paragon levels give you some kind of character progression. All in all, much better than the original release. Expand
  97. Apr 1, 2014
    No no and NO ! I don't want more World of Warcraft-like cartoonish piece of **** they made diablo into a casual trash nothing to do with past hardcore Diablo games and somebody can please tell me why the single player campaign needs to be "always online" to be playable ?? it is completely unnecessary and the server lag is all over the place because of that. There is no Diablo anymore theyNo no and NO ! I don't want more World of Warcraft-like cartoonish piece of **** they made diablo into a casual trash nothing to do with past hardcore Diablo games and somebody can please tell me why the single player campaign needs to be "always online" to be playable ?? it is completely unnecessary and the server lag is all over the place because of that. There is no Diablo anymore they completely killed the series they just milked this for the cash Blizzard has become very greedy. At least there is GGG "true" fans/devs who create a spiritual successor for us which is called Path of Exile that's the game for old-school Diablo fans really want. Expand
  98. Mar 29, 2014
    Here is why most of the negative reviews are just trolls:

1 "It's the size of a DLC." No. If you just play the campaign ACT V, then you don't even touch on the core gameplay yet. The game now has a good replay-ability and multiple goals to aim for in the late-game including paragon points, bounties, rifts, horadrim cache, gambling, much-better-crafting, enchanting, and the new
    Here is why most of the negative reviews are just trolls:

1 "It's the size of a DLC."

No. If you just play the campaign ACT V, then you don't even touch on the core gameplay yet. The game now has a good replay-ability and multiple goals to aim for in the late-game including paragon points, bounties, rifts, horadrim cache, gambling, much-better-crafting, enchanting, and the new legendary and set items. And the variations inside each of these are huge. If you call this amount of new content DLC, then you probably haven't played a lot of DLCs from the other companies.

2 "The loot is still crap."

No. The loot system is now rewarding and has a nice progression curve all the way from level 1 to 70 and to high paragon levels. If you play, you are very likely to progress your characters in a meaningful and rewarding way.

3 "The loot affix is still boring."

No. I know there is a highly-rated thread on BN calling that the loot affix is failed again. But that's not true. The new loot affixes give a huge amount of variations to choose from for your characters. The amount of combinations are in fact very diverse. It's totally not one-dimensional and it doesn't have this "optimal build" anymore that limits the diversity. If you feel this one-dimensional then you are probably really bad at coming up with builds and how they interact with the skills that you don't use. Then you should probably go work on your intelligence.

The game is not perfect but it doesn't deserve a 0 or 2 score. It's a great game with great late-game, replay-ability, and variations now, not to mention the always great visual, sound, and combat.
  99. Mar 31, 2014
    There is only two ways to obtain powerful weapons and loot: Find it yourself or have it given to you by a co-op player. I can't stress how refreshing it feels to show off your exclusive gear. It delivers a personal customization that adapts with your own style of play. In addition to customization, you may now change how your character looks, transmogrifying normal equipment to visuallyThere is only two ways to obtain powerful weapons and loot: Find it yourself or have it given to you by a co-op player. I can't stress how refreshing it feels to show off your exclusive gear. It delivers a personal customization that adapts with your own style of play. In addition to customization, you may now change how your character looks, transmogrifying normal equipment to visually look like legendaries.

The crusader is a unique addition to the Diablo roster. The crusader has more or less the same abilities as D2's Paladin, such as Blessed Hammer, Charge, Vigor, etc. The class uses a class-specific mace and a large crusader shield, but what really separates this class from the rest is the ability to wield 2H weapons and shields simultaneously, allowing the best combination of Offense and Defense.

Chapter 5 offers a new villain, of course. I'd rather not spoil it, but the end ties the story up and offers more backstory to the class characters, followers, and supporting cast.

The level raise to 70 has it's advantages. Previous classes each get 1 new powerful skill (Pirahnas), 1 additional passive slot, and 3 passive skills. The 1 additional passive slot itself gives even more build customization and certainly makes your character stronger or tougher.

The new style of play is called Adventure Mode. There are no cutscenes, dialogue, and allows jumping to any waypoint of any chapter in no specific order. Bonus awards are given for completing random quests (called bounties) like slay this monster or boss or cleanse this treasure chest of evil. After gaining rift stones from bounties, you can access the rift door, which is filled with hordes of monsters, elites, and champions and one random boss. This mode is great for anyone wanting never ending destruction.

I've only talked about the new big stuff this expansion is offering. The storyline of acts 1-4 didn't change, so I don't recommend expecting anything you haven't seen before from those acts, despite the subtle change like Diablo now 100% dropping a legendary every time the game is completed.

And I can't determine how long I can play Diablo 3 since I'm devoting time to Dark Souls II and life, but I'm enjoying my sessions with Reaper of Souls.
  100. May 5, 2014
    This is the game that Diablo 3 should have been at release. Successor of D2 with a lot of improvements and great game play. It is funny that Diablo 2 was not as good as Diablo 1 until its Exp. Lord of Destruction. This is Exp. of LoD quality and way better than hearth of the swarm SC 2 got.

The only let down is the worst online lag i ever experienced. I really dont understand how it is possible that Starcraft 2 got good servers and Diablo 3 servers are total **** when D3 is ONLINE only game. The ping goes from 35 ms to absurd 1000+ ms and keep jumping dooring the game, i mean wtf??

1. Jun 28, 2014
    At last! Diablo III became the game I was looking forward to. Reaper of Souls does more than just improve the original – it reinvents it and helps it reclaim the hack’n’slash throne. [05/2014, p.50]
    Heaps of new content provides hours of fun, even though the campaign could use a little extension. But if you’re a fan, this is a must. [Issue#241]
  3. May 14, 2014
    Blizzard did the obvious: literally transformed Diablo 3 to what it should have been from the start. It took them some time, but finally Blizzard got the message and moved finally to the right direction. While we expect the next expansion, fans of action / rpg can now sleep peacefully ... the king is here!