6.6

1. Mar 28, 2015
    MUCH better than vanilla D3. Act 5 has better areas, the story is ok and there's much more to do after you finish the story. Skills and stat points are still a mess, but I don't think we'll ever see that fixed in D3.

They copied a ton of things from Path of Exile (enchanting items, rifts, legendary potions), but that's good, because Path of Exile has smarter developers and better game mechanics. Reaper of Souls is however much more polished and overall feels a bit better to play. The money they put into developing the game has to show somewhere.

Talking about money, the addon was also way too expensive at launch (40$), but now that it's down by 50% it's a good buy. Blizzard are still greedy **** but at least they improved the game, even though the ideas weren't their own.
  2. Mar 25, 2014
    Normally I would just ignore comments, but after reading some of the uninformed and ignorant bull that people have been posting, I felt I had to give an unbiased non-jaded opinion of the game.

Starting off: THIS IS NOT DIABLO 2, IT WILL NEVER BE DIABLO 2. 100% of the negative reviews are by people who are holding a grudge and would never have been happy regardless of what the game was.

After the debacle that was the D3 release, I feel its important to give Blizzard proper credit for a painless and seamless expansion release. No lag, no disconnects, no waiting in lines, no logging off, no problems...zero.

The introduction of loot 2.0 revitalized the game, and better rewards play, without feeling too easy. Finding groups of people to play with is simple, fun and let's the player set an appropriate difficulty without being the impossible wall that was old D3 Inferno. Adventure mode adds a new element of randomness that solves the issue of having to run the same stuff over and over again (Baal runs anyone?)

The removal of the RMAH feels like they removed a cinder block off everyone's shoulders and was long overdue. Most items / gems / crafting mats are now account bound though, preventing from trading or selling. But you can trade legendary drops with group members for up to 2 hours (similar to WoW LFR)

To address the "lack of character building". The introduction of the new legendarily items allows for players to create unique and entirely new builds / play-styles based solely upon the gear you have (Deal more damage while moving, increase pet damage) . Pretty much any skill set you end up choosing can be successful, which allows for greater freedom and the ability to try everything without feeling locked into a "Best build".

Act V is about the length of Act II depending on difficulty and player skill (A little under 3 hours on Inferno I in a group of four). Overall the environments seem new and fresh, along with the numerous new enemy types with cool abilities they added.
    The price is the standard 30 dollar expansion, this hasn't changed for years yet people still somehow find a way to complain about the price.

Overall some decent improvements, Blizzard has already announced the introduction of ladders in the next major content patch, and down the line we should look forward to hopefully more positive additions. If you hated D3 and are still angry at Blizzard, chances are you'll feel the same way about ROS.

TL;DR I'd give the game a solid 8 / 10, worth picking up for a fun monster smashing experience.
  3. Mar 25, 2014
    Absolutely zero problem at launch with ROS, closed option to buy items from shop with real money or gold, improveed loot system for playing yourself and not to use AH/RMAH, new act and character, new end game...well, this game already gave me 700h and now is completely better and totaly diffrent as it was at start. Well made. Deserved 10 this time and I am going to upgrade my ROS to CEAbsolutely zero problem at launch with ROS, closed option to buy items from shop with real money or gold, improveed loot system for playing yourself and not to use AH/RMAH, new act and character, new end game...well, this game already gave me 700h and now is completely better and totaly diffrent as it was at start. Well made. Deserved 10 this time and I am going to upgrade my ROS to CE right now. /update, can not beat last act under 10 hours, its a real beast, if you explore and kill everything/. Just ignore reviewers, who does not buy the game and judge after few minutes playing at friends. Expand
  4. Mar 25, 2014
    This expansion is worth every pence with the new addition of game modes and other new features blends into a perfect master piece. Ignore all the negativity from others they just don't get Diablo 3 well enough. As I conclude this has been one of the best experience I've ever had.
  5. Mar 25, 2014
    I'm sure everyone who played vanilla diablo 3 will agree with me when i say the word disappointment is just not enough, and with the disrespect that jay wilson had for the diablo creater i'm sure didn't make it any easier to try to get back in this game. A game that could've went down in history as the most anticipated and gratifying ARpg, went down as one of the biggest flops in gamingI'm sure everyone who played vanilla diablo 3 will agree with me when i say the word disappointment is just not enough, and with the disrespect that jay wilson had for the diablo creater i'm sure didn't make it any easier to try to get back in this game. A game that could've went down in history as the most anticipated and gratifying ARpg, went down as one of the biggest flops in gaming history. But after the release of the Loot 2.0 and the expansion, the game is now what diablo 3 is all about. Epic loot and this crusader......hooooooooooly s***. I played for an hour last night and DUUUUUDE, this hero does some cataclysmic damage. Sweeping his weapon, obliterating everything in his path. When i say obliterating i MEAN OBLITERATING, sending demons flying off the screen. I'm not trying to sugarcoat this expansion. Just play the new class for 10 minutes and you'll be satisfied. Send your champion to act 5 and you'll be satisfied. Retrieve a new legendary from loot 2.0 and you'll be satisfied. If you haven't played the game since 2.0 or have yet to play reaper of souls and are still complaining about vanilla diablo and it's broken promises, get the expansion and put yourself at ease. These guys did a bangup job. Sure there are still things that need to be changed in my opinion like the BOA legendaries, but they've been listening to our gripes and complaints and they've done a complete overhaul on the game. Don't give up on diablo 3. Give this expansion a shot. It's welllllll, WELL worth your time and hard earned cash. Expand
  6. Mar 25, 2014
    *Launch:
    I played the expansion as soon as it was available last night. I had NO problems whatsoever to enjoy the new content and from my experience servers were very stable (EU).
    *Content: I was also hesitant at first that you "only get a new act and class" to play for a full priced expansion. However, I was positively surprised that the content of Act V is as big as Acts I-III
    *Launch:
    *Content:
    I was also hesitant at first that you "only get a new act and class" to play for a full priced expansion. However, I was positively surprised that the content of Act V is as big as Acts I-III combined. There are A LOT of dungeons - the randomization is a big part of this expansion. I also have to mention that the new soundtrack and overall feel are just amazing! Sitting in the dark, fighting through hordes of monsters accompanied by this amazing dark soundtrack...I just love it.
    *The Crusader:
    A very nice new addition to the character pool of Diablo 3. He is a lot of fun to play and adds new diversity to the game. In addition with Loot 2.0 you do not get bored leveling this hero in the Diablo 3 base game.
    *New Game Modes:
    Enough to keep most people occupied for a long time while providing an additional layer of diversity to the game.
    I only have to criticize that there is not really an end game for "hardcore" fans yet. Keep in mind that Blizzard has a great reputation in supporting their games for a long time. Take patch 2.0 as an indicator the dedicated support of the dev team. As a fan of the series since Diablo 2 I can finally say that the game is what it should have been during the launch of the base game. If you like the base game do not hesitate to buy the expansion or even give it another try. If you think it is overpriced, wait a few weeks or months until the retail price drops and have fun with the patch 2.0 content :)
  7. Mar 25, 2014
    The game it should have been from the start, all is right in the world os Sanctuary again. Dont worry about all the haters, people are still mad about the release, remember its the internet, try it yourself before you listen to people
  8. Mar 25, 2014
    This is what this game should have been from the very beginning. No auction house, actually useful drops and actually unique uniques. And tons of tweaks to the gameplay.
  9. Mar 25, 2014
    Reaper of Souls is an awesome expansion by Blizzard, which is in no way a surprise to anyone who has followed the company ever. The story of RoS is lacking, but Diablo has never been about story for me, and this expansion made the dungeon crawling of Diablo 3 just that much better for me.

10/10 for me, would recommend to anyone who enjoys hack n' slash games. Now time to go f*ck up Malthael again...
  10. Mar 25, 2014
    Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is an amazing experience: smooth launch, improved loot system, AMAZING act V with outstanding visuals and incredible music. Adventure mode is fun and new class is also well-designed. This is how Diablo should've been right from the beginning.
  11. Mar 25, 2014
    Game is awesome the expansion is a complete turn around for diablo 3 in everyway :) once they add the extra things theyve been talking about like ladders etc etc this game will be set to be as good if not better than diablo 2.
  12. Mar 25, 2014
    I'm not going to sit here and go into detail about the game, when you can find all the info. you need from other reviews/gaming websites. I'm just going to say that it's good, and improved D3 in every way. If you enjoyed vanilla D3 at all, you'll probably like RoS. And I have to laugh at the idiots that come here and give the game 0/10 merely minutes after RoS came out. They haven't evenI'm not going to sit here and go into detail about the game, when you can find all the info. you need from other reviews/gaming websites. I'm just going to say that it's good, and improved D3 in every way. If you enjoyed vanilla D3 at all, you'll probably like RoS. And I have to laugh at the idiots that come here and give the game 0/10 merely minutes after RoS came out. They haven't even played it, they're just on the D3 hate train and are upset Blizzard didn't make an exact copy of D2 in 3D graphics. Expand
  13. Mar 25, 2014
    This is a different game compared to D3 vanilla, i would suggest all diablo fans to try it. End-game is actually great now, compared to dissaster called D3. Great amount of new legendery and set items, with AH closed you can actually find them yourself now and enjoy the process through adventure mode. Additional content like new act and new class is just bonus. The main thing is that theThis is a different game compared to D3 vanilla, i would suggest all diablo fans to try it. End-game is actually great now, compared to dissaster called D3. Great amount of new legendery and set items, with AH closed you can actually find them yourself now and enjoy the process through adventure mode. Additional content like new act and new class is just bonus. The main thing is that the gearing process is actually a joy.

P.S. People giving this game 0 are the ones not playing it. They played D3 vanilla and hated it (dont blame them), but now they are unjustly expresing their rage here without knowing how much better the game has become with Patch 2.0 + RoS + shutting the AH.
  14. Mar 26, 2014
    Now they really fix the game! It´s got everything that needed and it´s FUN! With the excellente new campaign and character the game continues to amaze me! But the best point here is the new Adventure mode: it´s just great. It has bounties and random levels in the Nephalems Rifts that are soooo much fun! The rewarding experiencie is now also excellent since the legendaries and other itemsNow they really fix the game! It´s got everything that needed and it´s FUN! With the excellente new campaign and character the game continues to amaze me! But the best point here is the new Adventure mode: it´s just great. It has bounties and random levels in the Nephalems Rifts that are soooo much fun! The rewarding experiencie is now also excellent since the legendaries and other items have been fixed and they now drop on ANY level.
    Congratulations Blizzard, you really listened to the fans and now the game is what it always shoulded been!!
  15. Mar 25, 2014
    Reaper of Souls is what the Diablo III fans were waiting for. The expansion revolutionizes the game entirely, only in positive ways. Getting this expansion pack is highly recommended to everyone!
  16. Mar 25, 2014
    Every aspect of the game has been improved, this is not the same game that was released in May. There is a darker feel and everything seems bigger and badder. This is not 'just' an expansion is a real game changer. For my money RoS has re elevated Diablo 3 back to the top spot of the ARPG genre.
  17. Mar 25, 2014
    I write this review without bias and with fairness to this product itself. When the original Diablo 3 released, I was quite disappointed. The graphics were great, sure, and the game interest sustained for a long time. Eventually, however, I became frustrated with good gear that never dropped, constant reliance on an inflated auction house, limited difficultly levels and a campaign thatI write this review without bias and with fairness to this product itself. When the original Diablo 3 released, I was quite disappointed. The graphics were great, sure, and the game interest sustained for a long time. Eventually, however, I became frustrated with good gear that never dropped, constant reliance on an inflated auction house, limited difficultly levels and a campaign that became achingly repetitive quickly.

Reaper of Souls fixes virtually every issue I had with the original and has me hooked and raring to go for many, many hours.

1) Loot 2.0

There are now dynamic drops with neat affixes and class appropriate stats. I get a new legendary every few hours and I feel like I am being rewarded for my time

2) Adventure mode and rifts

You can jump around acts and also do randomized dungeons, breaking all previous monotony

3) Crusader class

A beast new hero to play with many interesting abilities and a great look. Every time I swing my 2H flail I am happy I bought the game

4) New artisan - the mystic

You can reroll stats on your gear, even legendaries, to your heart's content

5) Upgrading graphics

There was a rebuild on the game and it looks better than ever

6) GUI optimization

The latest NVIDIA driver release, coupled with network optimization, means that even with four heroes on stage, unlimited mobs, and at 2560x1440 resolution, I can get a steady 60 fps all the time

7) New Act V

It is a bit short in terms of content for my taste, but, it looks great and there is so much to do. I am sure more content is on the way, but, honestly, I much prefer to just jump around in adventure mode!

8) Clans

I now have a group of all my good friends, we can see each other's games and group up quickly and enjoyably

Things Blizzard didn't change or add: There were some ability tweaks, but there is not an open-ended system like in some other ARPGs like Path of Exile. If you like that, you will be disappointed. Personally, I am more simple-minded and find the choice in Diablo fine, but I understand the complaints. Also, the overall content hasn't changed much, although optimization has. With the new inferno levels though, and the new paragon system and points you earn (unlimited!!) for all your toons, I no longer feel constrained to not try new toons and jump around.

Final Verdict: It's a brave new world in Diablo with no auction house, smart loot and finally clans to play with friends. I am having so much fun with my crusader. Many will have a bone to pick with Diablo 3, and, honestly, I don't blame them. That being said, I got probably 500-600 hours of gameplay out of the original Diablo 3, which at $60 came out to $0.10 an hour. If you just don't like Diablo 3 and can't find a way to enjoy or praise it no matter what Blizzard does, you will vote this game down.

For everybody else, I STRONGLY suggest you come back and give things a try. No game is perfect, but I, objectively, believe this is a game I can now rate as a 10, versus the 6 or 7 I would have given the original Diablo. Hope to see you in game and good job Blizzard!
  18. Mar 25, 2014
    Flawless launch, a new epic Act, Enchanting, Adventure Mode. This game is now complete, like Diablo 2 LOD was to Diablo 2. The ambiance of the new act is awesome... and dark.
  19. Mar 25, 2014
    Despite diablo 3 's frustration this time the whole game changed A LOT and much BETTER... especially the whole AH system is now gone FOREVER!.... I can only imagina a much better Diablo... 10/10 enoguh said...
  20. May 14, 2016
    I was one of those people who refused to buy the RoS expansion because of the pathetic game that diablo 3 vanilla turned out to be.

However, the removal of the auction house and the integration of loot 2.0 was a surprising and welcoming change. A few months after RoS had come out, I game the game another chance. Now, after quite a few updates, seasons, and more updates I can say this is a perfect casual ARPG. Perfect, 10/10. Why? Well..

1. [Variety] From the unique effects of many legendaries and sets, to the endless combination of builds the game offers an extreme amount of replayabilityl especially with the introduction of the LoN set which gives bonus power for each legendary equipped. The LoN set allows any build of the player's creation to be significantly powerful. This set alone fixes build diversity, for the casual players. If you are compeitive there will always be a small subset of builds that perform best. But the majority of the player base is not competitive, so for the majority the diversity and variety is perfect.
    - [longevity] Seasons were added to keep the game fresh, and ancient items makes it even harder to perfect gear, but all the more satisfying. You will never have perfect gear and although your search for a late game upgrade may be in vain, the possibility of finding the perfect piece of gear will make the hunt feel good, always.
    -[hardcore mode] despite blizzard's tendency to give in to whining fans (WoW) Blizzard has kept hardcore mode true and has not ressurected any player's hardcore character no matter the reason (even famous streamers who suck up to them). Hardcore offers an entirely different experiences, with identical variety and even more rewarding feelings if you live to feel them. If you want to truly value your character, and truly experience risk, this game mode can provide endless entertainment, especially with friends. Being able to lose items makes them infinitely more precious.

In conclusion, Diablo 3 RoS is a game that can be played forever and that can be played effectively in every possible way (thanks to LoN set). Diablo 3 was not in this condition, not even close. I truly believe the expansion has perfected the game. If you are a competitive player, you will most likely have gripes with many aspects of the game, but for people who want to just slay some demons and have fun, this is the perfect game.
  21. Dec 11, 2015
    I love how they fixed a lot of things from Diablo 3 and always we get new contents every quater. I love this game if love farming u will have to buy this game price is only 20 € :)
  22. Oct 17, 2014
    Just finished my D3 review. So what changed since first D3 release back in 2012? (base score 7)
    Pros:
    + Loot seems a bit better, more varied (hell im not sure this should be added to pros, this is core aspect of the game so it had to be improved in expansion) + Quest modes, bonus act and a bit more things to do (again im not sure this is really pros, same reason) So we got 8/10 now.
    Pros:
    So we got 8/10 now. But...
    Cons:
    - Story - its just awful. Just like the Diablo 3 story which i didnt mentioned in my D3 review. Who wrote this crap - this was supposed to be a joke right?
    - No auction house - DAAAMN if something is broken - fix it, dont remove it! Gameplay was broken at day 1 so maybe You should remove it to? - 1 point
    - Cant trade items with friends - 0,5 point
    - Expansion which improves game in some aspects, making it bad in others and being overpriced? We should get this all without moving AH at launch of D3. - 1 point
    - still no decent PVP - 1 point
    - time for biggest downside: game is SHALLOW. Run through some random dungeon (no matter if its rift or some act in story mode). Get some random loot, and beat hundreds of mobs. Its mindless fun but when Youll turn off the game...Youll completly forget about who You killed and how You did it. Sure You get better items and do stuff a lot faster. So what? There's no feeling of great adventure. No cool story to reveal at the end of the day. AND FINALLY!!! THE GAME DOESNT REQUIRE ANY SKILL FROM THE PLAYER. You must just waste lots of time to get better items. THATS ALL THERE IS TO IT. You arent any better at this game than the player whos just instaling this. I know in h&s skill never was that important, but You learned the system and could make some mistakes adding atributes/choosing skills. This game is just idiotproof and as noob friendly as it could possibly be. I loved the feeling from games like quake, when after playing couple hundreds of hours in multiplayer i just wasted noobs. I was like armageddon for them when i joined games online.

Overall - this game gets solid 5/10 from me. It really is quite fun. But its as good as Cola is. When You drink it, it seems perfectly fine but give Your body nothing but empty callories and get You one step closer to grave. But ill probably drink some cola in the future, just like waste some time on this stupid game. But who knows? Maybe ill get smarter...
  23. Mar 30, 2014
    Finally, with Reaper of Souls, Diablo III is the game it should've been. My review for the base game was a resounding zero if you think I'm somewhat biased. This time the game is FUN. Loot 2.0 is the right way to handle the loot in a loot based game. I won't waste time explaining what this expansion means, just realize that Reaper of Souls fixes Diablo III. Jay Wilson is, finally, NO MOREFinally, with Reaper of Souls, Diablo III is the game it should've been. My review for the base game was a resounding zero if you think I'm somewhat biased. This time the game is FUN. Loot 2.0 is the right way to handle the loot in a loot based game. I won't waste time explaining what this expansion means, just realize that Reaper of Souls fixes Diablo III. Jay Wilson is, finally, NO MORE (the awful game director that destroyed Diablo III vanilla, if you don't know who this is). As soon as the game went to capable hands (Josh Mosquiera) it started getting better and better. And it will continue like that :) Expand
  24. Mar 29, 2014
    Fixes a lot of the problems that were in the original. It's a huge improvement and keeps me playing. The removal of the auction house provides more or a reason to farm as in the old games. The game is certainly hard if you want it to be, giving you the choice of if you want to breeze through it or actually have a challenge. As opposed to the old difficulty system of completing the game 4Fixes a lot of the problems that were in the original. It's a huge improvement and keeps me playing. The removal of the auction house provides more or a reason to farm as in the old games. The game is certainly hard if you want it to be, giving you the choice of if you want to breeze through it or actually have a challenge. As opposed to the old difficulty system of completing the game 4 times. Adventure mode also proves enjoyable adding a more interesting way to farm (albeit still samey) with the nephalem rifts, a separate area where you kill enemies until a boss appears which provide a good amount of items and a currency to gamble with. Bounties also provide objectives for if you can't think of anything better to do which offer exp, gold and even more blood shards. Act V is also worth it as the maps are huge in every area of it which some good monster design and even better looking tilesets. Act V is by far the biggest act in the game, and can be rushed through at top speed in a bout 2 maybe 3 hours depending on your luck with how fast you can find the objectives. Expand
  25. Mar 28, 2014
    Loses a point for being bit expensive, and also Act V is too short. Otherwise, this combined with loot 2.0 has revitalized the game. It's what Diablo 3 should have been.

To NecroMnemic - yes you can change acts in adventure mode on the fly? Just click on the top. Not sure how you can possibly miss this. Also, the Witch Doctor is your summoner class. Though can't summon in the quantities that the Necro did in D2. If you want to play a Necro, play D2.
  26. Mar 27, 2014
    To all the haters that claim this expansion is a paid bug fix patch, it isn't. You didn't have to buy Reaper of Souls to take advantage of the changes made in Patch 2.0.x, so stop claiming that.

The additions of Adventure Mode and Nephalem Rifts give Diablo 3 far more end game value than the original release had, thus justifying, in my opinion, the somewhat short Act V storyline. The

The combination of the Loot 2.0 changes with the Enchanting function of the new artisan, the Mystic, makes finding and then, if necessary, tailoring new gear to enhance your playstyle much easier and not tied to the original release's "Auction House Tycoon sub-game." Critics who say the Loot 2.0 changes were a stopgap and that the loot wall is just pushed back further, I'd like to remind people that not all item affixes are applicable to the calculated metrics of Damage, Toughness, and Healing. There are affixes which affect certain damage types, skills, utility, movement, etc. and cannot be accurately reflected in those three "upgrade/downgrade" metrics, so Blizzard opted to not mislead players by attempting to shoe-horn them into those metrics. These are the affixes which ignorant critics have missed when they claim the loot wall was just moved back a bit, as these affixes are build-enabling effects that invite players to redefine their playstyle in order to achieve greater power over their enemies on the field of battle and the streets of Westmarch. What many people fail to realize is that the changes made with the Loot 2.0 system have effectively removed the one-size-fits-all cookie-cutter mentality which many players were forced to assume in their approach to certain classes. Are there still builds that are widely used? Yes, but the diversity of viable builds for each of the classes has increased dramatically with the advent of these build-shaping legendary affixes.

The announcement right at the expansion's launch that Seasons, a new game mode akin to Diablo II's ladder system, will be added to Reaper of Souls as part of the next major patch was a big win for players who were leaning on Blizzard hard for the better part of two years to deliver this sought-after feature. It definitely shows that Diablo III's development team is very aware of players' desires and willing to satisfy them where they can.

The "organizational" features added by RoS, Communities and Clans, have really made the game feel more social, which is something it was lacking in the original release. The announcement that the development team is working on bringing some sort of trading functionality to Clan members makes this social feature more than just a custom chat channel with special username flair.

Giving extra points for the expansion's smooth launch is justified because, in this day and age, digital downloads and dedicated multiplayer servers have made it incredibly difficult for studios to deliver a stable launch on Day 1, with all of the extra capacity which would normally be required to deal with the incredible traffic but may never be even close to fully utilized again. Building that capacity up can be a massive expense for the company, so you need to accept that either your launch experience could suck or you may be asked to pay more money for the game. Blizzard delivered a launch without either of those downsides, so THAT is worthy of praise.

All in all, Reaper of Souls is a phenomenal expansion pack which will continue to deliver additional features in the future and sets up a second expansion pack VERY nicely. Bravo to the entire Diablo development team and all of the other Blizzard teams which worked on the game!
  27. Mar 30, 2014
    This is what Diablo 3 should have been since the start, it's certainly the best ARPG out in the market right now. Some people might complain about the price but it's certainly justified, there's more than enough content to make up for it.
  28. Mar 28, 2014
    This is the exactly what I wanted from Diablo the first time around. The loot has been re-balanced and feels more like it was made for humans with limited time to play. The new class, Crusader, is also a blast. In fact the only negative thing I have to say about it is that I don't feel any reason to play more of the other classes because the Crusader is literally everything I want in aThis is the exactly what I wanted from Diablo the first time around. The loot has been re-balanced and feels more like it was made for humans with limited time to play. The new class, Crusader, is also a blast. In fact the only negative thing I have to say about it is that I don't feel any reason to play more of the other classes because the Crusader is literally everything I want in a character. Cool to boot too. Expand
  29. Mar 27, 2014
    After sinking 30 hours or so since RoS launched I think I can safely say Reaper of Souls was a huge step in the right direction for Diablo 3. At first glance one act, 10 more levels, 1 new skill per class(excluding runes) and 1 new class, along with a new game mode and some more items may not seem like its worth the 40$ but if you're thinking that I don't think you've played diablo enough.After sinking 30 hours or so since RoS launched I think I can safely say Reaper of Souls was a huge step in the right direction for Diablo 3. At first glance one act, 10 more levels, 1 new skill per class(excluding runes) and 1 new class, along with a new game mode and some more items may not seem like its worth the 40$ but if you're thinking that I don't think you've played diablo enough. This game has never been about getting through the final act on normal mode then thinking you've done enough. Nothing happens until you hit level 70 which isn't a tall task in itself taking probably only 10 hours maximum.

Diablo has ALWAYS been about gear hunting; finding better gear and then finding even more gear to make your clear times/boss killings faster allowing you to try a higher difficulty. Before Reaper of Souls the best way to efficiently farm for gear was to reset your storyline quests and play through the entire thing all over again for the 100% chance of a legendary equip at the very end. Reaper of Souls introduces a new game mode; Adventure mode.

Adventure mode takes away the running through each act at the games pace and allows you to go wherever you want and take on bounties for exp/gold/nephalem shards and blood shards. Blood shards can be used to purchase unidentified items that have a chance to be legendary, nephalem shards, once enough of them are collected allow you to enter a map filled with higher tier mobs which themselves have a higher than normal chance of legendaries. You also get horadric caches for finishing a set of bounties in an Act which itself has a chance to give legendary gear. All of these plus the previous resetting quests method still available is a large improvement on the previous method.

The crusader class is a tank but to be honest like anything in Diablo you can really play it however you want, though playing it against the typical build type makes things more challenging (my crusader is pure crit chance/dmg screw tanking!) it's always doable. Along with crusader new skills were introduced to each other job which all have their uses.

The 10 level increase at first glance also doesn't seem like a whole lot but if you dive deeper into what 10 levels really means to Diablo you'll find out there's a lot more behind it.

The 10 levels gives access to a whole trove of new armor/weapon types and skins as well as legendary gear. The access to more gear means higher item levels which makes your character much stronger and able to access higher levels of difficulty. The difficulty options have been changed to accommodate the much higher damage on characters in their mid 60s to 70s so it won't be like you just hit 70 and are able to tackle Torment 6 (which is Diablos highest difficulty). It gives players who hit 60 and farmed gear to be able to access high levels of Torment difficulty a renewed reason to play the game because they have an advantage but not enough to allow them to stomp through the game.

A new artisan (the mystic) was added too that allows people to transmogrify gear which allows them to make their gear look how they want and you can access more skins by finding legendary items. The mystic also has the ability to enchant gear which allows you to replace one property of gear which can turn a mediocre piece of gear into a fairly decent one (if you have the right materials to do it of course).

Though the game does have some minor issues such as the difficulty scaling in the 60s takes a high spike around 63-64ish that most people are unaware of which can lead to a lot of unexpected deaths and frustration. The crusader class also is a jack of all trades but a master of none and could use some tweaking to make it a little better. The price tag is a little steep for some of the more causal players of Diablo but otherwise I think it's well worth it.

Reaper of Souls is a huge improvement on Diablo 3 and since the games launch the dev team has really tried to make the game better and better and hopefully they continue to do so.
  30. Apr 4, 2014
    Brilliant what Blizzard continues to do, EA would have pulled the middle finger long ago, the circle jerk hate that these "fans" continue to spout is unwarranted and frankly quite sad.....I played Diablo 2, I liked Diablo 2 but its time to move on, as that game is 14 years old, MOVE ON!

Diablo 3 WAS good , after the latest patch and ACT V is is close to great, I am very confident that these "fans" of Diablo 2 giving these low reviews have never played Diablo 3 or they have put in 100 hrs - 500 hrs into a game they "hate".

Now the expansion, Crusader class awesome, story awesome, locations awesome and adventure mode is a wonderful thing to do after completing the ACT, for anyone else out there, buy the expansion or the base game if you have yet to play Diablo 3 and are eager to try it out, the latest patch has fixed all your worries, just to try it out, you will not be disappointed........well unless you want the game to be Diablo 2, then I am afraid you will be in tears and 14 years younger.

PS - My honest score is 8.5, scoring 10 because how the hell can you give a AAA game of this quality 0 - 6, when it is not broken(well if your one of those "fans" I can see why) and provides 100 hrs of playing time is beyond me.
  31. Mar 29, 2014
    As someone who was ultimately disappointed with how the original D3 turned out, I'm actually enjoying RoS a lot more, especially with the new Crusader class. That said, I know a lot of people won't. They're the ones that feel so burned by the original that no improvements will ever be enough to fix it for them.

They hate Blizzard with a passion now for what it did with the RMAH and

They hate Blizzard with a passion now for what it did with the RMAH and the requirement of always being online. And they see any changes as too little, too late. I wouldn't try to convince those people because frankly I understand why they're upset and the expansion isn't really for them anyway.

It's more for people like me who would still go back if they had a good enough reason, which this expansion provides in spades. And that's just fine.
  32. Mar 29, 2014
    Here is why most of the negative reviews are just trolls:

1 "It's the size of a DLC." No. If you just play the campaign ACT V, then you don't even touch on the core gameplay yet. The game now has a good replay-ability and multiple goals to aim for in the late-game including paragon points, bounties, rifts, horadrim cache, gambling, much-better-crafting, enchanting, and the new
    Here is why most of the negative reviews are just trolls:

1 "It's the size of a DLC."

No. If you just play the campaign ACT V, then you don't even touch on the core gameplay yet. The game now has a good replay-ability and multiple goals to aim for in the late-game including paragon points, bounties, rifts, horadrim cache, gambling, much-better-crafting, enchanting, and the new legendary and set items. And the variations inside each of these are huge. If you call this amount of new content DLC, then you probably haven't played a lot of DLCs from the other companies.

2 "The loot is still crap."

No. The loot system is now rewarding and has a nice progression curve all the way from level 1 to 70 and to high paragon levels. If you play, you are very likely to progress your characters in a meaningful and rewarding way.

3 "The loot affix is still boring."

No. I know there is a highly-rated thread on BN calling that the loot affix is failed again. But that's not true. The new loot affixes give a huge amount of variations to choose from for your characters. The amount of combinations are in fact very diverse. It's totally not one-dimensional and it doesn't have this "optimal build" anymore that limits the diversity. If you feel this one-dimensional then you are probably really bad at coming up with builds and how they interact with the skills that you don't use. Then you should probably go work on your intelligence.

The game is not perfect but it doesn't deserve a 0 or 2 score. It's a great game with great late-game, replay-ability, and variations now, not to mention the always great visual, sound, and combat.
  33. Mar 26, 2014
    Already played the Crusader until early level 20's, and i must said this is a much better game now. Auction House was a disastrous idea. Diablo was always about tough fights, nice music, great atmosphere, intelligent dialogue, and by all means, loot. Loot 2.0 has given back to Diablo its known reward mechanic, tho i must say the game still drops legendary in a fashion more often then itAlready played the Crusader until early level 20's, and i must said this is a much better game now. Auction House was a disastrous idea. Diablo was always about tough fights, nice music, great atmosphere, intelligent dialogue, and by all means, loot. Loot 2.0 has given back to Diablo its known reward mechanic, tho i must say the game still drops legendary in a fashion more often then it should, but no damage here...your yellow items will top that legendary after some levels. Set items are hard to find. Very hard (to me, at least). Didn't play the Act V, but from what i've heard, it's the best so far. The way the crusader fights, his dialogues, even the way he looks, remind me very much from D2 paladins. There is some room for improvement, as always, but the game now is fun and you easily get addicted to it. Sure, they could made more side quests for the first 4 Acts, but as it is, you'll have some fun with the crusader. The maps still are a bit confusing, specially if you expect something as linear as D2 maps, but they do the job. Too bad Blizzard lost opportunity to add more content in old places. Would be nice to get off the sewers in Caldeum and make some quest at ground level, inside the city, for a change. And the items could have more....personality, as they had in D2. Sometimes, a 4 gem socketed normal flail was much better than any rare or magical weapon at that level. The font they use to describe the items on floor is too small, comparing to D2. That font gave much more visibilty to your loot, since its size and rectangular background helped in terms of visualization. The way it is now, sometimes you pick items and don't even now what you got or even if you got until you open your inventory. I hope they fix this on the next patch/expansion. Nonetheless, the game is back on its track. Give it a shot, if you are D2 fan. You'll enjoy it. Expand
  34. Mar 27, 2014
    Good and great over dlc I loved the sound gets like 8.3 story is like 8.0 cant be longest one the over gameplay is 9.1 loot 2.0 makes up for everything that im looking for.

camera 8.9 camera moving around works out very well for this game other points of the game. Overall for me reaper of souls I give 8.9 now there people get even haters reviewers, that what you do you suck mom

Overall for me reaper of souls I give 8.9

now there people get even haters reviewers, that what you do you suck mom nipples since your act like babies I don't care what you think I like the game what it is.

GO play your short path of exile who freaking cares no cares play your games I will play mine.

next your compare what you wear people get a life not hard to do.
  35. Mar 29, 2014
    ACT 5 is an awesome improvement over the original acts. Side quests are a blast, graphics look better, monster density is good, but not as awesome as patch 1.08. Music is vastly improved and very nice, although not quite as impressive as Uelmen's Diablo 1/2/LOD scores. Feels like a Diablo game now. Great effort by Blizzard, they turned the original turd into an impressive game. StillACT 5 is an awesome improvement over the original acts. Side quests are a blast, graphics look better, monster density is good, but not as awesome as patch 1.08. Music is vastly improved and very nice, although not quite as impressive as Uelmen's Diablo 1/2/LOD scores. Feels like a Diablo game now. Great effort by Blizzard, they turned the original turd into an impressive game. Still missing PvP and a real community which makes this game a fantastic singleplayer online game. Still wish Blizz had kept the D3 vanilla server still active so players can chose to play which type of game. Otherwise, I'd rate RoS a solid 8.5 / 10, but need to give it a 10 to balance the morons who gave it a 0. Thanks Expand
  36. Mar 30, 2014
    Ignore the haters, this is a good expansion. Maybe a little pricy, but still worth it if you're serious about playing. Act V is meaty and reasonably long, with lots to explore and experience. The main villian is more interesting then Diablo ever was, has seemingly sound motives but zero empathy. The new class, the Crusader, is a little overpowered currently but feels fun to play.Ignore the haters, this is a good expansion. Maybe a little pricy, but still worth it if you're serious about playing. Act V is meaty and reasonably long, with lots to explore and experience. The main villian is more interesting then Diablo ever was, has seemingly sound motives but zero empathy. The new class, the Crusader, is a little overpowered currently but feels fun to play. Adventure mode is excellent, lots of pick up and play fun to be had, especially with friends. Improved gear drops and crafting is just brilliant, as is the new Enchanting system that lets you reroll stats on gear.

Only downsides? Lack of 6-8 player mode, lack of proper PvP, and some random Elites are far more difficult then any of the Bosses (though not to the extremes of early D3 where some were literally unkillable).

Oh and removing the Auction House, while not an expansion feature par say, was the best thing ever done. It makes finding loot fun again!
  37. Mar 26, 2014
    After finishing Act V and played a bit with advanture mode and with Crusader I think it's a good game. Good one but a bit too expensive, but hey its blizzard and everybody knows that blizzardis the biggest money suker in the world. I like the new drop system and the new difficulty system too, and act v is much more darker then the others i like it too. It's not superb it's just good, nice game.
  38. Mar 30, 2014
    I think, as an addon, Reaper of Souls is pretty good, but the actual game is bad enough to negate its effect.

I mean, seriously, look at all the things changed - new character, new epic act, new endgame features, new crafting, level cap, new active ability and three passives per each "old" hero. It's actually a lot of stuff. You cant argue with that. But, as I said, the actual game

But, as I said, the actual game was bad. And resulting score for Diablo III + Reaper of Souls should be something like 6 of 10.
  39. Mar 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All that I wanted to has appeared in this expansion! I hope this year will add a lot of things change and so people do not get bored for. In general, very adequate addon turned thanks Blizzard. Expand
  40. Mar 31, 2014
    There is only two ways to obtain powerful weapons and loot: Find it yourself or have it given to you by a co-op player. I can't stress how refreshing it feels to show off your exclusive gear. It delivers a personal customization that adapts with your own style of play. In addition to customization, you may now change how your character looks, transmogrifying normal equipment to visuallyThere is only two ways to obtain powerful weapons and loot: Find it yourself or have it given to you by a co-op player. I can't stress how refreshing it feels to show off your exclusive gear. It delivers a personal customization that adapts with your own style of play. In addition to customization, you may now change how your character looks, transmogrifying normal equipment to visually look like legendaries.

The crusader is a unique addition to the Diablo roster. The crusader has more or less the same abilities as D2's Paladin, such as Blessed Hammer, Charge, Vigor, etc. The class uses a class-specific mace and a large crusader shield, but what really separates this class from the rest is the ability to wield 2H weapons and shields simultaneously, allowing the best combination of Offense and Defense.

Chapter 5 offers a new villain, of course. I'd rather not spoil it, but the end ties the story up and offers more backstory to the class characters, followers, and supporting cast.

The level raise to 70 has it's advantages. Previous classes each get 1 new powerful skill (Pirahnas), 1 additional passive slot, and 3 passive skills. The 1 additional passive slot itself gives even more build customization and certainly makes your character stronger or tougher.

The new style of play is called Adventure Mode. There are no cutscenes, dialogue, and allows jumping to any waypoint of any chapter in no specific order. Bonus awards are given for completing random quests (called bounties) like slay this monster or boss or cleanse this treasure chest of evil. After gaining rift stones from bounties, you can access the rift door, which is filled with hordes of monsters, elites, and champions and one random boss. This mode is great for anyone wanting never ending destruction.

I've only talked about the new big stuff this expansion is offering. The storyline of acts 1-4 didn't change, so I don't recommend expecting anything you haven't seen before from those acts, despite the subtle change like Diablo now 100% dropping a legendary every time the game is completed.

And I can't determine how long I can play Diablo 3 since I'm devoting time to Dark Souls II and life, but I'm enjoying my sessions with Reaper of Souls.
  41. Mar 26, 2014
    This is both a review of the expansion and the current state of the game.
    This is both a review of the expansion and the current state of the game.
    I must commend Blizzard on working hard to address most of the concerns that players had with the original launch of D3. In it's current state, the game has come a long way. It may never reach the level of D2, but it's far better than when it first launched. While a small part of me misses the AH, it is ultimately a good thing to have removed it. I never wanted to grind for gold to buy items I needed to progress. The Loot 2.0 system is light years better than loot drops were at launch.
    I haven't yet finished the expansion, but it has quite a fun feel to it, with many more side diversions than the original. The story line isn't anything groundbreaking, but the art, animation and voice acting are all top notch, as we've come to expect.
    All in all, if you hated the original D3, this may not change your mind, but I suggest at least logging in to check out how much things have changed. You might be surprised how much better it is.
  42. Mar 26, 2014
    Loving it been playing 20+ hours of this and I haven't even felt the slightest boredom. Now that everything been fixed and a new mode and playable race has been added d3 actually is fun again. (well fun for once)
  43. Mar 27, 2014
    It's hilarious that most negative so-called reviews do not tell you what is wrong with the game, exactly. It is obvious most people who gave the game "0-4" have absolutely no idea about the concept of a Diablo game, nor that Blizzard basically made a completely new and enjoyable game with this expansion.

They whine about the prize tag but forget that LOD, the Diablo 2 expansion offered less and didn't change the game like this expansion changes D3.

They overhauled Loot. They overhauled the difficulty system. They revamped crafting and made it enjoyable. They completely remade almost every skill and rune. They added elemental damage to runes. They added new mechanics such as pools of reflection and nephalem glory globe system. In the pre patch alone. And no, you can't look at the pre patch and the expansion separately, since the pre patch is a platform for the expansion.

With the expansion you get:
    One huge and amazing act with its quests, music, everything.
    New awesome class with completely new skills and rune sets.
    New artisan - the Mystic, which is huge.
    Adventure mode - which is basically a whole new game that takes advantage of whole content of the game. The replayability with this mode is infinite.
    Whole bunch of awesome new legendaries and sets which will enable different build possibilities.

Now compare what I wrote with the "0" reviews and their absence of arguments and points.
  44. Mar 28, 2014
    When Diablo 3 first came out it was an unfinshed, unbalanced and broken game. I gave it a 5/10 because the very core of the experience (kill monsters, grab loot) was undermined by a terrible item system and poorly implemented auction houses. Jay Wilson had no idea what he was doing, that was evident in his interviews for the game. So I dropped the game after losing my patience waiting forWhen Diablo 3 first came out it was an unfinshed, unbalanced and broken game. I gave it a 5/10 because the very core of the experience (kill monsters, grab loot) was undermined by a terrible item system and poorly implemented auction houses. Jay Wilson had no idea what he was doing, that was evident in his interviews for the game. So I dropped the game after losing my patience waiting for them to fix it and did not touch it for a year.

Fast forward, I logged in 2 weeks ago to find a different game. nearly 80% of every classes abilities had been changed/nerfed and I found myself appreciating the more balanced approach to the classes (remember the Whirlwind Barb's? Ridiculously overpowered no more) and the effects it has on team gameplay. I also quickly noticed new and improved animations/spell effects for every class but I especially noticed how the Monk class has weapon animations that coincide with it's abilities. Took long enough lol.

Reaper of Soul's:

So, with Diablo 3 finally fixed, the auction houses removed and Loot 2.0 ensuring a rewarding experience I decided to pre-order RoS and am very happy I did. Here's some things I really enjoy about the expansion:

- Crusader

The Crusader isn't just a Pally as I originally worried it would be. The emphasis on holy magic extends to ranged combat and powerfully augmented defensive combat. It's a class effective at a variety of situations but a master of none so it's not overpowered. Many abilities require a shield to be equipped giving you many things to consider when trying out a new build. The Crusader will likely end up as my favorite class and I enjoy playing it very much.

- Dark

Wow they are not kidding when they said Act 5 would be darker than all 4 of the other acts. Act 5 actually makes me uncomfortable at times while I am playing it. The acts committed by the Angels are horrific in scale and execution. I won't say anymore because I don't want to spoil it for you guys but it's definitely a step up on the creepy and "oh sh*t' scale.

- Design, Art and the rest:

So with Diablo 3 finally becoming a complete game as of the newest patch, time was ripe for an expansion. RoS successfully add's to D3 in meaningful ways. It gives us a great new act to explore full of very artistic and creative monsters, locations and a much more interesting story than the original D3 had. New abilities, gear and a variety of other additions round out the package making D3 FINALLY the great game we have wanted since Beta. If you didn't like the original D3 and quickly gave up on it I urge you to check out the new patch and give it a try. Should you find yourself liking the game buying RoS is a no brainer. Thanks for reading!
  45. Mar 27, 2014
    Blizzard said they will fix diablo and they did it.
    Act 5 is a big jump in quallity.
    Just the patch fixed everything wrong from vanila diablo 3 except stupid story.
  46. Apr 12, 2014
    Like many of you, I quit diablo 3 long ago. It was in a pretty bad state. But, after reading several reviews, it seems like they addressed all of my frustrations. No more auction house, the loot that drops actually matters, and advancing in the game isn't frustrating as hell. Now, I'm actually rewarded for time put in.

As for the price, I feel the $40 was worth it. The way I see it, if

As for the price, I feel the $40 was worth it. The way I see it, if I can get the same number of hours as the price I paid, then it was worth the buy. The addition of adventure mode and rifts helps a lot, as it makes farming and leveling a lot more enjoyable, and you don't have to be bothered by the lackluster storyline anymore! Speaking of lackluster storylines, act V wasn't very memorable, so for that reason, I'll give it a 9 out of 10. However, when I was thinking about buying Reaper of Souls, I wasn't thinking about storylines.
  47. Mar 28, 2014
    Between this and the 2.0 patch, we've now got most of what Diablo 3 should have been (online only is still a bummer). The game is way more fun to play than before, the AH distraction is gone, drops aren't 99% worthless, crafting actually creates useful stuff, adventure mode lets you go kill things without repeating the story, and paragon levels give you some kind of character progression.Between this and the 2.0 patch, we've now got most of what Diablo 3 should have been (online only is still a bummer). The game is way more fun to play than before, the AH distraction is gone, drops aren't 99% worthless, crafting actually creates useful stuff, adventure mode lets you go kill things without repeating the story, and paragon levels give you some kind of character progression. All in all, much better than the original release. Expand
  48. Mar 26, 2014
    This is the game D3 should have been from the beginning, removing the RMAH and loot 2.0 makes this game closer to D2 which is what every fan want. I completely recommend it.
  49. Mar 31, 2014
    Great expansion to a somewhat disappointing game. The new content basically turns everything you thought you knew from when the game originally release and gives it a shot of OMFG in the arm. Overall you'll get about 20+hrs of new content in a new act along with TONS of new content and Loot in it's new play mode that is offered after completing the new act. Great job Blizzard of doing aGreat expansion to a somewhat disappointing game. The new content basically turns everything you thought you knew from when the game originally release and gives it a shot of OMFG in the arm. Overall you'll get about 20+hrs of new content in a new act along with TONS of new content and Loot in it's new play mode that is offered after completing the new act. Great job Blizzard of doing a complete 180 on this game. Expand
  50. Mar 27, 2014
    For the most part, Blizzard has finally delivered on the Diablo 3 game that much of the community has long desired to play. Many mistakes have been corrected in this new iteration of Diablo. Of particular note is the greatly enhanced 2.0 loot system and the removal of the auction house. After all this time, it's back to the Diablo roots of actually being able to kill for your ownFor the most part, Blizzard has finally delivered on the Diablo 3 game that much of the community has long desired to play. Many mistakes have been corrected in this new iteration of Diablo. Of particular note is the greatly enhanced 2.0 loot system and the removal of the auction house. After all this time, it's back to the Diablo roots of actually being able to kill for your own equipment.

The new Act is atmospherically back to the doom and gloom we started this series with, which has been greatly appreciated by long term fans of the series. This is the dark Diablo we grew up with, where evil is actually evil and not some insanely stupid butterfly with magic powers.

The crowning jewel on the entire expansion would have to be adventure mode. This expansion absolutely redeems Diablo back into the world of proper rogue-like games, with a completely randomized set of levels in the nephalem rifts. This change more than anything else has brought me back to the game with ravenous hunger for loots.

Some of the changes are a little unwelcome, as trade has been significantly stifled entirely in this iteration, but when playing with friends it's still possible to swap legendary items within the same game, for a time anyway.

Overall, this is much much closer to the Diablo 3 game I have wanted ever since the D3V launch.
  51. Mar 26, 2014
    I'm really enjoying the game and the improvements that have been made. You can get your own upgrades in a reasonable time frame, items and new affixes help with diversity, rifts and bounties are very fun, and the new act/bosses were excellent!
  52. Mar 26, 2014
    Ignore the hate. This truly does fix the problems with vanilla d3 almost entirely. At first I was a little wary of this expansion because it seemed like there wasn't going to be much content and vanilla Diablo 3 was a huge disapointment. I decided to give blizzard one more leap of faith and it totally paid off. Act V is huge is comparison to the other acts (I would say roughly 2/3 the sizeIgnore the hate. This truly does fix the problems with vanilla d3 almost entirely. At first I was a little wary of this expansion because it seemed like there wasn't going to be much content and vanilla Diablo 3 was a huge disapointment. I decided to give blizzard one more leap of faith and it totally paid off. Act V is huge is comparison to the other acts (I would say roughly 2/3 the size of the main game) and is arguably the best act in the game and has many great environments, bosses, and enemies to fight. The crusader is a great addition and really feels in the paladin type of roll that has been sorely missing and the class feels very weighty and powerful (plus I love the idea of vanquishing demons as a warrior of the light.) The dreadful auction house is gone and is replaced with loot 2.0 which has you actually finding good items that fit you and you find them regularly but at the same time not too often so they still feel special. In particular I was most impressed with adventure mode which sounded kinda dumb to me at first but it truly is a legitimate end game and makes you feel like your not being corralled from place to place like in the campaign. Another great part of adventure mode is that the objectives and randomized in each zone so it never feels rinse and repeat and then great loot drops in it as well on top of having random maps to complete for every 5 quests you complete in the adventure mode with even more promising loot. All of this creates a much better late game scenario for d3 that feels more open ended and rewarding for the player. They also completely threw out the old difficulty system that made the game a complete slog when leveling characters. Now you cant pick any difficulty at the beginning (there is alot more of them than before by the way) and the game auto tunes to your level. The higher the difficulty the higher the xp and loot/money which is how it always should have been. Clans are also added as well which should strengthen the community and allow you to meet and make bonds with people that play the game. Mystic artisan gets added as well which allows you to augment your gear as you please if you are have a decent item but need it tweaked or want it remodeled which is a huge plus for this kind of game. Honestly my only serious complaints are that the vanilla d3 classes feel like they didn't have a whole lot added to them despite the level cap being raised to 70 despite a few new skills and their new item sets. Story is also weak again with the typical bad guy has raised demons and you must kill him before he destroys humanity blah blah blah. Overall though those problems are simply not important the amount of things this expansion gets right ways those negatives out a million times over. As I said blizzard failed me once but I took a leap of faith with them and it totally paid off. I suggest you take that leap of faith as well. Expand
  53. Mar 25, 2014
    Basically, this is what the game needed. A massive improvement (and some of that improvement came for free to D3 vanilla with Loot 2.0 and a removed AH, it's not all behind a pay wall).

Is the game perfect? No. It's not, but not much is in this industry. Is the game moving in the right direction? Absolutely. Incredibly fun combat, endless paragon levels, Loot 2.0, Adventure mode, awesome new class. Would recommend to anyone who found they liked Diablo 3, because RoS builds on it very well.
  54. Apr 10, 2014
    if you don't like farming for hundreds of hours don't even think of buying diablo 3 RoS, but if like me this side of the game appeal to you then go headfirst this extension add so much to vanilla that it can be considered a new game don't bother listening the haters of what blizzard did wrong with vanilla and play this amazing game.
  55. Apr 9, 2014
    price is a bit high but the content is pretty good. finding legendaries is fun and exciting. item drops are a bit less trashy. spent a good couple dozen of hours and enjoying it so far
  56. Apr 12, 2014
    Negative comments are not real because reaper of souls affects the original game deeply. Adventure mode and new Lot2.0 system are awesome and the game is nearly d2 but next expansion pack should come with pvp 2+ acts and more adventures :) New game directoris better than d3 org director so I really feel happy for new act 5. It is dark and sns.
  57. Jul 25, 2014
    Great Game compared to the launch of D3, Removal of the Real Money & Gold auction house was a step in the right direction, The introduction of rifts and bounties is great along with the changes to difficulty settings. Patch 2.1 gives me a reason to start a hardcore character with the addition to the ladder system with season specific legendaries.
    The game is heading in the right
    The game is heading in the right direction, Still needs a "real" form of Player vs Player, the brawling system is terrible and was rushed in since blizzard promised Player vs Player at launch of Diablo 3, however I'd rather wait for a viable solution to that, I think the game NEEDS some form of trading/bartering system, similar to D2 minus all the item duping, I'm hoping the Bind to Account is just a temporary thing until they can create a viable trading system and form of Player vs Player. Overall the games heading in the right direction.
  58. Nov 19, 2014
    A vast improvement over the completely broken original release. Rarely any technical issues anymore and loot is much better thought out and the auction house mercifully removed. It's now restored to being a game that's about finding loot, rather than being a market simulator.

Still not quite as good as diablo 2 was, but pretty damn close!
  59. Mar 26, 2014
    -Excellent-
    I read through some of the negative reviews before purchasing this expansion so my hopes weren't high. 8hrs in so far and I'm thinking........ummm wtf are these negative reviewers talking about? Pull your finger out your arse..
    Cons - .Price for an expansion is quite steep .Character depth - I just feel so much more can be done with the characters. Starting from the
    -Excellent-

Cons - .Price for an expansion is quite steep

.Character depth - I just feel so much more can be done with the characters. Starting from the voice overs...especially the main character.

Pros -
    .Visuals are very well done. Read reviews of people criticizing this area. wtf are you serious? These visuals are absolutely spot on and couldn't be better. Looks gorgeous and really pulls you into the world and lore.

.Sound (score). Amazing and one of the best score's I've ever experienced in gaming. It really sets the mood quite well. Dramatic, moody, thrilling and exciting. Also the detail in the backdrop sound of fire/screaming/demons/chaos is perfect! Only downfall is the Voice overs could be better done. The main character's voice and overall cockiness annoys me.

.Control - What you'd expect from blizzard....easy, fluent and functional. Man this game's controls run so smooooth!

.Loot 2.0 - "not an improvement" Are you serious?! This is a major improvement! 80%+ of the loot I'm getting is relevant to my class! Awesome!

. Auction house gone - Best decision they've made. Many would agree

Overall I rate this experience an 8/10. Definitely a step-up from the base game with a lot to offer veterans and new comers. They've really done a great job with the atmosphere, scenery and sound/score. I just wish the character depth was there. I'm a lover of games such as dragon age, the witcher etc so I'm always looking for in depth character utilization accompanied by a well told and exciting story. For me, Diablo lacks here. Fortunately, the visuals and sounding still captivate me and draw me into the world.

Is it fun? yes. Is it visuallly brilliant? yes. Do the controls work? yes.
    A must have for those who gave the base game anything between a 5-10
  60. Apr 1, 2014
    They fixed it.

They fixed it.

That's all I wanted to say but there is a character minimum, so let's just say that my reasons for hating D3 are gone. I spend all of my time playing instead of shopping the auction house (it's gone now). Gone with it are the crossed eyes from staring at lines and lines of gear for sale; looking for a bargain. And there is no need for the AH now because the drops are much more likely to be for your class than before, the vast majority are usable. So far, they seem to be a lot more kind as well. I picked up a legendary sword and shield within 20 min of each other that were right at my level. That kind of thing just never used to happen, maybe you'd find a nice item for some other class, or something that would have been nice for you 5 levels ago. The difficulty tailors to your level now automatically, hell, inferno etc. are gone replaced by a scaling difficulty/exp optional slider. This should be a great feature for those like me that hated hitting the Inferno difficulty wall of needing to farm act 1 over and over to buy/sell/trade for the gear to survive act 2. The crusader is heaps of fun so far as well, he hits very hard for being so tanky and his variety of skills even at my current low level (22) makes for a nice selection of playstyle choices. You could go full tank, or go ranged, heal, disable, buff..up to you. So far, I'm loving it.

(Probably because I'm not not farming for gear i don't need, in order to trade it at the auction house I'm sick of spending time at, in order to pass the part of the level I can't beat because I get 2-shot by a wasp after just having whooped the Butcher to beat act 1.)
  61. Mar 30, 2014
    To proppery begin a review of Reaper of Souls, I must first make a short summary of my feelings towards the original Diablo 3. I thought it was terrible - the story made no sense, it was full of gameplay issues, the whole thing could be beat within 8 hours (streching it) and overall: it wasn't fun. It wasn't good. It wasn't the Diablo 3 I had waited 10 years for.
    Fast forward to a month
    Fast forward to a month ago, when patch 2.0 got me interested, so I installed the game again, and I was quite surprised to find myself enjoying it. I even came back for more. I gave it some thought, and when I took into consideration that the game director was changed, I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt, and 40 bucks along with it, and get the upcoming expansion.
    Cometh the 21st of March, it was a stormy night, and I was up until 5 AM with my clanmates and friends, having an online launch-party for a expansion we, honestly, did not expect to be even half as good as it was.
    Reaper of Souls was the best thing Blizzard could have brought up to the table on such a short notice as almost two years. I am sure that with the now proven capabilities of the new director, there will be much more and much better to come.
    Graphically, what Reaper of Souls brought to the mix is amazing. It has a much more Diablo feel tha any of the previously visited locales. I fell in love with Westmarch from the moment I started Act 5. The only grudge I have with Reaper of Souls graphically, that the pre-designed tilesets that are made to be swapped randomly with every map generation are too chaotic at times, but this is a flaw I suppose we will see fixed.
    The Sound in this game is better than ever. Don't get me wrong - I like the Diablo 3 soundtrack, but I found that most of the tracks there are weak, I even used to pay with the music off. There were just around 3-4 tracks I liked, like the Main Theme and Tristram's theme. Reaper of Souls has a much better musical score - the compositions are much more classical and moody. Too bad the game didn't come with the OST, which I will most certainly get. The voice work, as typical for Blizzard, is indeed top-notch, though I did find some of the new lines for certain classess to be somehow not in character.
    Storywise, I think this is the best we are going to see of Diablo 3. Don't get me wrong - I know bad storytelling when I see it, but take a moment to remember how blatanlty stupid the original story was, and further more - take into account that it's a Diablo game and it does not need that much of a story. But I must give props to the team for thinking up additional story-lines, which are very interesting. Also, I have to mention that every character-class has his own little dilhema in the story - it's not the same for everyone, and it is very well thought out. I believe most major critics missed this, because if you noticed - they all have played with just one class, so I hope more people have noticed this. It's actually pretty damn awesome, though poorly executed. But again - it's a Diablo game.
    Gameplay is the core of this game, and with Reaper of Souls it is better than ever. The new loot system makes the game more fun and addictive, I find myself playing every day, even if it is just for a quick Bounty - the new Adventure mode that they have included is not only the perfect alternative for leveling, if you have grown tired of listening to Azmodan giving away his battle strategies (because, you know, master strategist!), but also very rewarding for loot-hunting and exploring. The only grudge I have is the class addition - it is only one, and not a good one in my opinion. Not only that I dislike him, but we must take into account that not everyone has the patience to level up such a tanky class. He isn't hard, he is just slow and boring. I don't think the Crusader is useless or doesnt fit in, but rather I think that Blizzard should have included two classess, so that everyone gets a shot at something new, not only paladin-wannabes.
    Overall... speaking as a man who hated Diablo 3 - a game that he was waiting for for years, a man who's favorite game used to be Diablo 2... I must say I got my Diablo 3. And I most certainly look forward to the next expansion. I don't think we'll be seeing PvP anytime soon, but they have also concluded the story-ark, so I'm actually quite enjoying the suspense. I have no idea what Blizzard's Diablo 3 team will come up with for the future, all I know is that I am much more trusting of them now.

PS: I must admit that most people writing reviews here are talking nonesence. Act 5 is longer than the entirety of the other 4 acts (seriously, it takes about 7 hours (including side-quests) to beat the original 4 acts, and it took me 9 hours to beat Act 5, and I have not yet seen everything). I just wanted to mention this to everyone who is confused about people accusing Reaper of Souls of being a DLC - it's not - long new act, new class, new mode - it has nothing to do with DLC.
  62. Apr 1, 2014
    This overpriced expansion has turned a 6/10 game into the best hack n slash on the market. The new Act is miles better than the first four, has a better setting, atmosphere, soundtrack and bosses. The 3 new boss fights are more wow-like and IT WORKS. The new Adventure mode saves us from the terrible D3V story and gives us addicting, enjoyable bounties in return. The difficulties make moreThis overpriced expansion has turned a 6/10 game into the best hack n slash on the market. The new Act is miles better than the first four, has a better setting, atmosphere, soundtrack and bosses. The 3 new boss fights are more wow-like and IT WORKS. The new Adventure mode saves us from the terrible D3V story and gives us addicting, enjoyable bounties in return. The difficulties make more sense and the itemization is basically fixed, thanks to loot 2.0. If you're looking for a CASUAL game to chill after work - it doesn't get better than this. Expand
  63. Mar 26, 2014
    The hate for this expansion is ridiculous. The loot system is the best loot system of any ARPG ever, yes it is now even better than D2. It still could use a couple more unique affixes, but it largely is interesting and more rewarding than ever. Act 5 is spectacular, the randomization brings back memories of the old Diablo games. The only thing they need to fix is Acts 1-4 are still a lotThe hate for this expansion is ridiculous. The loot system is the best loot system of any ARPG ever, yes it is now even better than D2. It still could use a couple more unique affixes, but it largely is interesting and more rewarding than ever. Act 5 is spectacular, the randomization brings back memories of the old Diablo games. The only thing they need to fix is Acts 1-4 are still a lot more linear than they should be in a Diablo game. The story is corny and bad, but the atmosphere and music in Act 5 is appropriately gloomy and "hellish".

I quit Diablo 3 in about August 2012 and haven't touched it for more than an hour until now. This expansion and associated Loot 2.0 patch has completely revitalized Diablo's legacy as the best ARPG around. The game is not a perfect successor yet, but Blizzard is clearly on the right track.
  64. Mar 26, 2014
    Incredible game with an extreme responsive combat engine and the usual Blizzard polish. D3 ROS managed to do what nobody thought: complete change and overhaul of the entire Original game and make it a winner.
    The only "real" complaints I see is the price of 40 bucks for the expansion. THEN you know the game is a winner. Because frankly RoS in its end game offers randomised loot adventures and complete newly constructed riff dungeons with up to 16 (or more?) levels...
    I have NO idea what these 1 ratings mean as these guys should get their heads examined.
  65. X0R
    Apr 18, 2014
    Great improvements to the game, but it's kind of lame nowadays you have to pay for an expansion to FIX the original game you bought. Ah well, I'm a happy camper now - Reaper makes me play for several hours before needing a break, reminds me more of legacy Diablo. Looting is great, crafting is entertaining and overall gameplay is fun.
  66. Mar 25, 2014
    Campaign length was shorter then id like, but for an action rpg expansion, it was acceptable. Loot 2.0 is leaps and bounds better than the looting system Diablo 3 launched with, and the launch of Reaper of souls was flawless.
  67. Mar 26, 2014
    diablo 3 is a solid game.

do bounties

collect some of sort of key, to open portal to another dimension

sounds cool ? yes

feels more rewarding

act 5 is freaking huge

AI enemies are 10 times more smarter

crazy mobs running around everywhere, in adventure mode.

you dont feel alone

always something that's chasing you ! lol
  68. Apr 13, 2014
    Finally, a good development! Now I know some people have been spazzing over the fact that the expansion is way too expensive for the things that it had implemented and on that subject, I agree! BUT that doesn't automatically make it a bad or useless expansion!

ROS improved Diablo 3 by around 100 times (In my opinion) because before the release of ROS, I had only played the game for about 30 hours in total AND the idea of going through the less than sufficient storyline an infinite number of times felt like a total and utter waste of time. With the new implementation of the Adventure mode and the implementation of the new loot system that game just seemed so much... better! Now I actually have a chance to get all of the legendaries and sets rather than a chance to simply get one throughout my whole playtime :/...

The TWO things that I don't like about this expansion are the fact that:
    1) It's way too expensive for the things it implements, however game changing those implementations are.
    2) There are no where near enough class-specific sets or legendaries that influence the player into changing up their build, although the ones that ARE present at least make an attempt.

I have been playing Diablo 3 with the new ROS expansion non-stop since release and Act V, I admit is definitely the best act thus far, however short it may be.

Overall fantastic expansion but too expensive and not enough class-specific legendaries/sets.
  69. Mar 25, 2014
    This game is awesome.

The new Act is the best of the five Acts
    The new spells are really fun
    The new modes are fun
    The difficulty is right

Haven't tried the Crusader yet, but it looks pretty good !
  70. Apr 8, 2014
    THIS is how D3 should have been in the beginning! R.I.P. Auction house and good riddance. Drops are now not just hours and hours of worthless junk that you have to waste time discarding. Game feels A LOT more balanced. Well done Blizzard!
  71. Mar 26, 2014
    A vast improvement over the original Diablo 3, they have really unlocked the fun in this interation, allowing you to fully explore the world and truly appriceate the art and detail that they have put into it with the new Adventure Mode. The combat is smooth and the skills feel very balanced and fun to use, allowing you to tailor a build to your own needs and preferences combined withA vast improvement over the original Diablo 3, they have really unlocked the fun in this interation, allowing you to fully explore the world and truly appriceate the art and detail that they have put into it with the new Adventure Mode. The combat is smooth and the skills feel very balanced and fun to use, allowing you to tailor a build to your own needs and preferences combined with interesting unique drops that can completely alter the way your character works. One of the best expansion experiences I've had as of late, and that's coming from someone that was 'very' sceptical about this game from the start. Expand
  72. Mar 25, 2014
    It took them two years, but after freeing themselves from the ridiculous Auction House, Blizzard finally delivers a game that has all the good things from Diablo 2, and a great crafting system that will keep us playing for a long time.
  73. Mar 31, 2014
    Diablo 3 is now better than I want. AH has removed and most of changes are pretty good. There are some problems in gameplay but I believe Blizzard will fix them all. Storyline is just wonderful.
  74. Apr 7, 2014
    Stop hating the Game, because it is from Acitivision Blizzard. " To expensive - Not enough Content - PoE is better! - **** always on - hate - hate - hate."
    Diablo3 is a good Game and RoS is a great Game. You have a lots of hack&slay Fun and a great Story. The V Act ist really long, the first Time i played 9 Hours to complett all. The ne Mode is really nice, the Crusader is a badass class and the Mystica is very helpfull.
  75. Apr 1, 2014
    Diablo 3 had a lot of problems, and reaper of souls addresses many of them.

Diablo 3 had a lot of problems, and reaper of souls addresses many of them.

1) The auction house was an interesting idea but it ultimately came to dominate game play. You wouldn't farm for your own character you would farm for everyone else's character and then try to buy something. Reaper of souls fixes this by removing the auction house entirely and replacing it with 'loot 2.0' a system that understands what skill set your character is interested in and forces most of the loot to follow those constraints.

2) Adds an adventure mode where you don't have to interact with the forced an unnaturally delivered story.

3) The new portion of the story line is much better delivered than the older portions, to the extent that *gasp* you can miss some content if you don't talk to people - this is a good thing as the original game shoved your face into everything rather than let you discover anything.

So I am happy with reaper of souls, largely because it takes an eraser to the lousier pieces of the original game.
  76. Apr 3, 2014
    I will try to offer a bit "neutral" review.

I will try to offer a bit "neutral" review.

Objectively speaking Diablo 3 launch was horrible event, if you managed to log in, then you probably sooner or later crashed, or you enjoyed lags and disconnects. Then very soon you realized you need to "play the AH". Which meant you spent more going through auction house, than actually playing. It was for some good source of temporary income. And that destroyed game. Fast.

Game itself wasnt exactly great, but bad either. Just very far from Diablo 2. Frankly Diablo 3 isnt "Diablo" game. Its just hack'n'slash in similar world with similar theme as Diablo games before. And thats pretty much it. Even tho its hard to deal with it, simply dont take Diablo 3 as true "Diablo" game and you will be much happier with it.

Apart from major flaw which was Real Money Auction House (RMAH), then there was a random loot. Which was exactly as it says, random. That resulted in you almost never finding what you need and going to auction house to pray and be able to sell what you found so you could buy what you wanted/needed.

Completely random drops were made cause they wanted RMAH profit (so they could profit on it, obviously). Well that is past.

All this isnt past cause of Reaper of Souls, but due patch 2.0.1. They announced end of Auction Houses some time before that, so it was out-of-game already. That patch was important cause it introduced "smart loot", which means that instead of completely random gear you get mostly gear that is for your character. Sometimes I think its bit "too smart", but certainly much better than before.

Since start of D3 most classes went thru pretty heavy redesign of skills and tweaking. After patch 2.0.1 game was very playable and suprisingly even enjoyable.

Reaper of Souls

It added one act, which if you just dont fly around content is rather big, with lots of side-line events. Plus it is even visually very nicely crafted (one wishes they re-made old content to match Act V). Some places look rather amazing. Plus its kinda "darker out there".

It also added one class to play, Crusader mace wielding tank-like holy warrior. Its quite fun to play, but I think it needs a lot of tweaking (similar to what other characters received during patches), plus even some bug fixes. But, if they continue doing as good work as they did with patch 2.0.1, then Im not worrying about class future. Just right now its pretty unbalanced class.

Apart from that every class recieved some active skill and passive ones. Which in some cases can change how you play your class. Most of them is at least interesting, tho not mandatory to use. Also you can now use 4 passives at level 70. Level cap was increased too.

Then there is new loot, there are some new legendaries, some old legendaries re-designed or at least scaled up to higher level content. Some legendaries scale with you, so you can find legendary amulet at lvl 61 and same one with higher numbers at lvl 67. Some are lvl 70 only and some are Torment difficulty only. Difficulty was already changed and tweaked in patch 2.0.1 before RoS.

If I have some "issues" with loot, its that all your old crafting materials are pretty much useless and same goes to your equip. There is quite big gap between level 60 and level 61+ equipment, unless you were already clothed in best legendaries of level 60 before RoS.

So, you need to get new mats, mostly by taking apart gear you find and part by finding those materials. One of them is really important "Death's Breath". Problem with it is that its needed for almost everything and it really drops very rarely. I would say that given right now I play game at Torment 1, it drops really miserably. Apparently it scales with Torment difficulties, which at higher numbers are truly "torment".

They also added new "crafting", which is pretty much what World of Warcraft players already know. Transmogrification and "enchanting" via "Mystic" character. Enchanting is simply random re-roll of one selected stat on anything. It also costs arm and leg. And its not very rewarding, but good at breaking your bank. Transmog is cheap and purely cosmetic option, which simply takes look of one item and for a price it gives it to your item (must be same kind of item tho).

Then there is rather good adventure mode, where you can play freely (between acts with all waypoints activated) or you can make "bounties" which consist of killing bosses, mobs and when you get 5 of them, you are rewarded with "Horadric cache" with random loot. Also you are rewarded in progress with Blood shards which you can spend on some item gambling.

Plus during hunting for bounties, you get keys to Nephalem Rifts, which is pretty much random dungeon consisting of few levels and there you kill enemies till boss spawns.

And thats pretty much it.

To sum it up, they added a LOT of content, good measure of fun and made Diablo 3 bit more like "true" Diablo. Its not perfect, but they "fixed it". So its fun, if you like such games.
  77. May 28, 2014
    I'll be honest, I understand a lot of the hate the initial release of D3 got - didn't agree with it, but I understood a lot of points people were making.

The hate for this expansion, though? Totally unfounded. I guess there are rabid anti-fanboys just as much as there are fanboys. Loot 2.0 and adventure mode have saved the entire title and turned it into something that's a lot of fun to play and given it loads of replay value. I keep thinking, "Ah, I'll take a break from D3 and play something else", only finding myself clicking the Battlenet icon half an hour later to go kill some monsters.

People are saying Act V is a little short. It is, if you play straight through and don't do any of the side dungeons. There's certainly no mandatory endless Bloody Foothills battlefield, like in D2 Act V, but I personally found that area to be gratuitously long.

The only real knock I have on this game over all is that the character building feels like it lacks something. While I always detested the D1 and D2 systems of just dumping endless stat points into one area or another and appreciate the effort Blizzard put in to trying to make that feel less mindless with the new Paragon system, it still feels like it's not enough and that every level 70 Crusader is going to wind up being basically the same.

Overall, I would say this expansion is an 8/10, but I'm giving it a 10 because I feel like all the 0s are from people who are still seething from the original game and didn't give this one a chance. I think in the long run, this game will be one of the classics everyone comes back to in time, just like D2 was.
  78. Mar 31, 2014
    The crusader class is awesome and act v is lovely. Adventure mode with bounties and nephilim rifts keep you hooked on the game and the story is a bit short but leaves you craving for the next expansion :p
  79. Apr 7, 2014
    Like many others, I got bored with vanilla Diablo III very quickly because of the repetitive gameplay without any rewards through the loot system.

This expansion changed it all! Now there's better chance for loot, fun character progression through the paragon system and adventure mode. The removal of the auction house also had a good impact to the game. The level cap raise and a new class are just bonus for me.

I've been putting a lot more hours to the game with these changes and am loving the brainless grind now!
  80. May 4, 2014
    So the top critic reviewer rates the game 10/10 (no flaws at all) says:

"This is the game that should have come out two years ago, and while it’s sad that we didn’t have it then, it’s great to enjoy right now. " Funny how he says the game is supposed to be like that on release, yet him and the rest of the mindless sheep are forgetting it should of been released like that, so why pay
    So the top critic reviewer rates the game 10/10 (no flaws at all) says:

Funny how he says the game is supposed to be like that on release, yet him and the rest of the mindless sheep are forgetting it should of been released like that, so why pay 40 dollars for something that should of been expected right away at launch? Go ahead and exaggerate, saying the game is perfected now, it really hasnt, its improved of course but its not worth 40 and it isnt re-defining the game in a way to rate it 10/10. If you love this game so much, atleast have the balls to be honest and state the flaws.
  81. Mar 25, 2014
    Blizzard did it! i have a feeling like playing D2, no more RMAH, the loot 2.0v is great, the expansion is a beast! I don't wan't to rush it started playing with a crusader from lvl 1 and apsolutely love it! TY Blizzard for this awesome game, now the whiners who whined when D3 was released love it, now even disconnection problems on release! 10/10
  82. Mar 25, 2014
    Even though the price tag may turn you away, blizzard has done a great patch up job to try and save a completely failed franchise. The new formulas introduced into RoS as well as a little earlier prior to release have fixed or in some way addressed most of the problems that vanilla Diablo 3 absolutely failed at and it all started with the announcement that the AH was finally being removed.Even though the price tag may turn you away, blizzard has done a great patch up job to try and save a completely failed franchise. The new formulas introduced into RoS as well as a little earlier prior to release have fixed or in some way addressed most of the problems that vanilla Diablo 3 absolutely failed at and it all started with the announcement that the AH was finally being removed. Without the game being centred around the AH, loot progression in the game is pretty solid right now. Loot 2.0 gives you upgrades almost every 2 hours even after hitting the upper "soft" cap that most ARPGs have in terms of itemization, this makes farming worthwhile again! Since legendaries are account bound now there is no bot based spamming going on and even though most people dislike this feature it helps protect against the abuse that most trading systems get put through in any game that requires an online connection and there is no reason for most accounts to ever get hacked. Crafting is as addictive as ever and being able to reroll stats on items using the mystic is a great and fun addition. Monster killing is as fluid as ever and paragon stat points and the constant stream of small iterative upgrades doesnt get old anytime soon. Adventure mode allows you to continue hacking away endlessly through different acts without having to go through the shallow story parts.
    Character customization is still extremely lacking in the game with the same 6 - 7 skill /rune system, the skill system still doesnt allow for qwerky and fun skill builds like in D2 and doesnt require too much thought on different playstyles. Paragon stat points do however add a small layer/buffer on this problem but dont allow for too much variance.
    The Crusader class is again another solid addition and feels just like it should, an uber tanky Paladin (d2) like class that smashes through things in a lot of fun ways =).
    All in all RoS is not a disappointment, the price tag is still a little high but the game is worth it with all the new fixes/enhancements and will keep most old and new diablo fans busy for a good 100 - 200 hours (if you enjoy grinding loot and making your characters iteratively better), and this is coming from someone who absolutely hated every bit of what they did with Diablo 3 vanilla having played and loved Diablo 2 for so many years.
    If its a well built story and a long campaign you want absolutely stay away from this expansion. If you enjoy killing **** and slash/and a good itemization system, then definitely do consider giving RoS a shot.
  83. Apr 2, 2014
    I wish this expansion was the game at release. Everything about the 5th Act smacks of a dedicated attempt to internalize customer criticism and fan complaints. Better characterization, better combat, better loot, an enhanced community and more feedback. It's not a perfect game, but it is heads and tails better than D3 was at release. The crusader is a great addition to the hero lineup as well.
  84. Mar 30, 2014
    It looks like Blizzard finally fixed the game in order to flog for copies of Reaper of Souls. Well it worked and I'm personally glad they did as this is what I had been wishing for 2 years ago. I was not a hardcore player of Diablo 2 but I certainly sunk quote a few hours in to it and I actually prefer Diablo 3 + RoS now than 1 or 2.

Definately give RoS a shot if you have been a fan of

Definately give RoS a shot if you have been a fan of the Diablo series. Most of us got burnt by Diablo 3 but in my opinion it's worth spending another $40 to experience what the game is now. I won't give it a 10 purely because loot still gives me the sh!ts at times and crafting seems pretty useless at high levels due to lack of mats but the gameplay definately gets a 10.

Crusader is insanely fun to play and even after hours and hours of slaughtering mob after mob and hoping my mouse doesn't break I still can't wait to get home and do it again.

I would give it a 9.5 if the slider let me.
  85. Apr 1, 2014
    The new expansion brought everything I missed from Diablo 2! The new mini events make it so much more epic! Love it and I would recommend it to anyone that loved Diablo 1 and 2!
  86. Sep 10, 2014
    What a surprise ! The game is so enjoyable to play and watch
    Graphically it's gorgeous and finally never tired to restart a mission in multiplayer
    It's really a great addon or Blizzard really listened to players !
  87. Mar 25, 2014
    Awesome, just awesome. Game runs great, looks great, and is so much fun to play. Can't find anything to complain about. Other than the fact i'm at work right now and not playing it. GJ blizz!
  88. May 5, 2014
    This is the game that Diablo 3 should have been at release. Successor of D2 with a lot of improvements and great game play. It is funny that Diablo 2 was not as good as Diablo 1 until its Exp. Lord of Destruction. This is Exp. of LoD quality and way better than hearth of the swarm SC 2 got.

The only let down is the worst online lag i ever experienced. I really dont understand how it is possible that Starcraft 2 got good servers and Diablo 3 servers are total **** when D3 is ONLINE only game. The ping goes from 35 ms to absurd 1000+ ms and keep jumping dooring the game, i mean wtf??
  89. Apr 2, 2014
    Blizzard really fixed the first game with this expansion. The decision of disabling auction house and the old loot system made the game so much more fun. It doesn't repeat itself any more with new adventure mode. Awesome!
  90. Apr 3, 2014
    Reaper of Souls brings about a hugely improved experience over Diablo 3.

Reaper of Souls brings about a hugely improved experience over Diablo 3.

I'll be upfront with this review and say my score is honest, and as somebody who enjoyed over 200 hours of vanilla Diablo 3. I'll also say that I'm a glutton for quick, easy progress. I think that most everybody is, with the huge success of games like Cookie Clicker and other idle games. People want things thrown at their faces, and they want initial results to be largely beneficial.

Which brings us to a rather large problem with Diablo 3. Despite the fact that I love it and will still like play it for another 200 hours, improvement always will become exponentially more difficult and with fairly limited build diversity and item blandness, the game really doesn't have much progression. The only way for Blizzard to change this is to continually add new legendaries, add new interesting primary and secondary affixes to regular items, fix broken affixes that have little meaning, and introduce a recurring powercreep to keep players hooked. This is fundamentally flawed, but it is actually what would keep players playing.

Adventure mode broke the old tedium and introduced an entirely new method of "farming": killing the easiest difficulty of monsters for the highest level of gear. Blizzard needs to fix this. If you can farm on the higher difficulties, it should always be a lot more rewarding than farming on the easiest difficulties. Loot on higher difficulties needs buffed.

Another sad fact is that you can't trade those spare legendaries with friends who weren't there at the exact time you got the item. This frankly sucks and makes the loot problem described earlier more significant as non-improvement items are bound on account and are essentially junked when your friends could use them.

There are lots of problems with the game, but because I feel the game is heading in an extreme positive direction and I already enjoy the game I'm giving it a 9.0 out of 10.

In short, Reaper of Souls has made me a much happy D3 fan, and while it will never be a true D2 clone like many reviewers here desire, it has the chance of becoming so, so much more, if only Blizzard lets it.

Pros:
    *Reworked loot system feels much more rewarding.
    *Adventure mode allows for less linear farming.
    *Patches are making the game more enjoyable constantly; Blizzard IS listening.

Neutral:
    *AH / RMAH removed. It happened.

Cons:
    *Itemization is crap and would require powercreep to maintain fun, but is getting better.
    *BoA hurts the loot system.
    *Many affixes still don't work in any meaningful way, some legendaries are broken and roll incorrect stats.
  91. May 22, 2014
    Great launch, lots of fun, great post launch support. Huge amount of fixes after original launch and the game is fantastic. Many hours of game play put in. Got my monies worth.
  92. May 5, 2014
    It's plain to see that Blizzard is improving their game to what the community wants, people are complaining that the new expansion is more of a patch, but they aren't including the fact that there are two new game play modes on top of an entirely revamped loot system, only one new class was added and a new act, but even when comparing this to Diablo 2 expansion which everyone seems to haveIt's plain to see that Blizzard is improving their game to what the community wants, people are complaining that the new expansion is more of a patch, but they aren't including the fact that there are two new game play modes on top of an entirely revamped loot system, only one new class was added and a new act, but even when comparing this to Diablo 2 expansion which everyone seems to have forgotten was just a new act, slightly changed loot system, and two new classes.

Blizzard is on a new path which is closely related to the communities needs, it's not perfect, but it's definitely not in the state that the original Diablo 3 was on release.
  93. May 19, 2014
    Great expansion to a great game. Read my full review at Intelligent Gamer, here; http://intelligentgamer.org/2014/05/14/review-diablo-3-reaper-of-souls/
  94. Jul 4, 2014
    Game is realy fun after a hard days' work just wanting to mindless kill stuff for rewards and have some fun. Gameplay-wise it's near perfect of what the genre should be, even tough i still think that there are too few abilities to be used at the same time, feels too limited at times. It does force you to pick things and that adds to the game diversity, but perhaps 1-2 more active slotsGame is realy fun after a hard days' work just wanting to mindless kill stuff for rewards and have some fun. Gameplay-wise it's near perfect of what the genre should be, even tough i still think that there are too few abilities to be used at the same time, feels too limited at times. It does force you to pick things and that adds to the game diversity, but perhaps 1-2 more active slots would be nicer.

The worst part of the game is in fact the story. Very short, very cliché. I do understand that the game is more about dungeon looting and kill stuff, but blizzard should be able to do much more than a 5 hours campaign mode :(

All in all, a good fun game, but could be MUCHHHHHH better.
  95. Oct 31, 2014
    Awesome fun after Blizzard did away with auction house. Game is addicting with amazing graphics and gameplay. It is pretty short and I finished Diablo 3 ROS in less than 30 hours of game play so thats my only complaint as not enough challenge to beat game jn Expert Mode. Crusader class sucks way to weak a character but Witch Doctor is awesome and great fun to play! I am looking forward toAwesome fun after Blizzard did away with auction house. Game is addicting with amazing graphics and gameplay. It is pretty short and I finished Diablo 3 ROS in less than 30 hours of game play so thats my only complaint as not enough challenge to beat game jn Expert Mode. Crusader class sucks way to weak a character but Witch Doctor is awesome and great fun to play! I am looking forward to playing it with Torment mode and adventure mode. The cut scene movies are top notch and add a lot of great flavor to the game play. Expand
  96. Nov 20, 2014
    Diablo was a wonderfully designed masterpiece by Blizzard Entertainment. I would recommend this game to most, if not all of my friends as it gives a sense of fun and entertainment. Reaper of Souls has definitely added a whole new aspect of the game as well as potential development of the game's excellent plot.
  97. Mar 30, 2014
    This game is amazing, I don't understand how people can sit here and give the game zeros WHEN they didn't even play it. Just seems like angry children throwing a tantrum.

The loot system is so much better then d3 vanilla. Act V is amazing and adventure mode feels like a new game. Nephalem rifts bring something new each time. Crusader is my new main and by far my favorite class. Only

Only thing I'm disappointed with is some of the mats required to use the mystic and blood shards are pretty useless atm. Play the game next time before you review something.
  98. Apr 3, 2014
    Long time D2 player here -- They did a great job with this expansion and the game finally feels like a Diablo game again. The addictive quality to the game is seemingly higher with this release. 10/10. If you like ARPGs or were an original Diablo 1 or 2 fan, this isn't a title to miss.
  99. Apr 6, 2014
    People giving this a 0 are just haters. Although i can understand that its not the best game ever it is good for what it is. With this expansion they made it very fun to play
  100. Apr 2, 2014
    This is what D3 should have been at launch. With the addition of Act 5, Paragon 2.0, Loot 2.0, Adventure Mode, Nephalim Rifts, and a host of other features, this is definitely worth the 40$ price tag. I understand where some reviewers are frustrated at the 40$ pricetag with the addition of only a single act, however, I think they are being short-sighted in not taking into considerationThis is what D3 should have been at launch. With the addition of Act 5, Paragon 2.0, Loot 2.0, Adventure Mode, Nephalim Rifts, and a host of other features, this is definitely worth the 40$ price tag. I understand where some reviewers are frustrated at the 40$ pricetag with the addition of only a single act, however, I think they are being short-sighted in not taking into consideration all of the ancillary features that were added. I guess when looking at the 40$ pricepoint, it could seem a bit steep for a single act, however, length of story is not what Diablo is. Diablo 3 is all about the loot. With this expansion Blizzard has given us a way to enjoy every single act and crevise of this game over and over with the chance at that perfect item. In essence, D3 now has infinite replayability and Reaper of Souls has breathed new life into the game. My favorite feature is by far Adventure Mode., It allows you to see all that D3 has to offer over and over. In addition, you can take your spoils from quests to open up Nephalim Rifts. Plow through enemies in the rift and when you have killed enought a difficult boss known as the Rift Guardian appears. Kill him and have a chance at even more loot. If you haven't already give this game another go. Night and day difference between the vanilla version. Expand

1. CD-Action
    Jun 28, 2014
    At last! Diablo III became the game I was looking forward to. Reaper of Souls does more than just improve the original – it reinvents it and helps it reclaim the hack’n’slash throne. [05/2014, p.50]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 16, 2014
    Heaps of new content provides hours of fun, even though the campaign could use a little extension. But if you’re a fan, this is a must. [Issue#241]
  3. May 14, 2014
    Blizzard did the obvious: literally transformed Diablo 3 to what it should have been from the start. It took them some time, but finally Blizzard got the message and moved finally to the right direction. While we expect the next expansion, fans of action / rpg can now sleep peacefully ... the king is here!