4.0

1. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard, how could you do this to us? This game is not worthy of the Diablo name. Utter disappointment ! :-( Just about everything in this game is uninspiring and sub-par of what I expected of Diablo 3 and from a Blizzard game that has been developed for 8-10 years(?) This is what happens when you start out by asking yourself, HOW CAN WE MAKE DIABLO 3 THE BIGGEST CASH-COW EVER when youBlizzard, how could you do this to us? This game is not worthy of the Diablo name. Utter disappointment ! :-( Just about everything in this game is uninspiring and sub-par of what I expected of Diablo 3 and from a Blizzard game that has been developed for 8-10 years(?) This is what happens when you start out by asking yourself, HOW CAN WE MAKE DIABLO 3 THE BIGGEST CASH-COW EVER when you should have been asking yourself, HOW CAN WE BRING THE DIABLO SERIES TO A NEW EPIC HIGH AND DELIVER SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF.------------ I'm shocked, really. I'll go back to Titan Quest now and have some FUN. Collapse Expand
  2. May 16, 2012
    I have to agree that this game has been a humongous dissapointment. For all the years we waited, this is what we get. Server issues aside (which were horrible), the game just isn't fun. The graphics are horribly dated, yet you need a decent system to run the game. Seems rushed. Needing to be online all the time to just play, even solo is not a good idea. If they could re-do Diablo 2I have to agree that this game has been a humongous dissapointment. For all the years we waited, this is what we get. Server issues aside (which were horrible), the game just isn't fun. The graphics are horribly dated, yet you need a decent system to run the game. Seems rushed. Needing to be online all the time to just play, even solo is not a good idea. If they could re-do Diablo 2 in hi-res you'd see just how great that game looked. This just doesn't even feel like a Diablo game. Feels very sanitized. The color is terrible. Feel like this game has regressed from where it was in D2. Diablo I, was way better than this. I'm not going to say its too short, because I explore every bit of the map, but not being able to even play much, I can only base it on what I've seen. Its a feeling of been there, and done that. If it had a Single Player offiline mode I'd rate it a 4. Its just not that good. Its obvious that the real talent left and they started from scratch and rushed it. Shame on Blizzard for not paying more for servers/infrastructure in the Americas. Just wholeheartedly dissapointed in it. Expand
  3. May 16, 2012
    12 hours is not acceptable in the post Skyrim gaming era. They apparently took a year per hour of gameplay. Sad to wait so long and get so little. I get the replay concept, but replaying on harder difficulties does not equal new content or more fun.
  4. May 16, 2012
    This installment in the Diablo franchise requires a constant online connection. The unstated consequence is that Blizzards servers must also have a constant online connection. Any disruption in your service or theirs will result in an inability to play the game. Their servers have already experienced significant downtime since the launch of the game; resulting in many paying customersThis installment in the Diablo franchise requires a constant online connection. The unstated consequence is that Blizzards servers must also have a constant online connection. Any disruption in your service or theirs will result in an inability to play the game. Their servers have already experienced significant downtime since the launch of the game; resulting in many paying customers being unable to play. The gameplay and story are not themselves too bad. The graphics appear dated but the sound is excellent.

Unfortunately, because there are such drastic flaws in design and execution, the gameplay cannot overcome what is essentially a crippled, defective product.
  5. May 16, 2012
    Having to be online to play a Single Player game? I don't like it but as long as it works well... wait you get disconnected if the servers go down or your internet goes down? How about how poor the save system seems to be to the point when I quit the game I'm not quite sure how much progress I'll lose. How about being disconnected constantly and losing like the last half hour of gameplay?Having to be online to play a Single Player game? I don't like it but as long as it works well... wait you get disconnected if the servers go down or your internet goes down? How about how poor the save system seems to be to the point when I quit the game I'm not quite sure how much progress I'll lose. How about being disconnected constantly and losing like the last half hour of gameplay? Also you seem to be playing the game that is running on a server somewhere else because you have a ping and it's constantly lagging from 200-500....... lagging in a Single Player game?

Last time I buy a game from Blizzard.
  6. May 17, 2012
    Diablo III is a game people have been waiting for for over a decade. During the final hours up to the launch of the thing we were greeted with a teaser, "The fire still falls." Too bad the fire in the sky seemed to hit the servers too. With the Blizzard's decision to hold on to the online component so dearly, it has inherently caused major issues with stability.||||

After having

After having slaughtered my way to ACT I's first boss, and as he stands up, I get disconnected with my Hardcore Monk being killed in the process due to the delayed logout. These problems and the nature of online requirements for Diablo III practically makes it impossible to participate in the Hardcore side of things. Get disconnected (admittedly a few times were due to my ISP), your Hardcore Character is guaranteed dead. Diablo III is another plain-as-day instance where despite how good the core game is, the always-online component forces players to content with disconnects and even literal lag spikes (not framerate, but lag) even when playing solo. Playing my own private game I was watching my ping jump from 250ms (which is absurd in it's own right) to over 400ms resulting in getting hit from distances.||||
    I love Blizzard, and while Diablo III in itself has simplified mechanics (as in no stat point spending, no skill tree investments or character designs) in a number of areas, it's still a fun game to play when it works. The bottom line is that it doesn't work well enough for a game with $60 attached to it. Torchlight II comes out next month and hopefully will allow me to enjoy a Hardcore mode where MY stupidity is what causes character death, not technical issues.
  7. May 17, 2012
    The game is very basic, one dimensional and overpriced. The artwork its good but can't believe it took so long to make this game and suffered delays. Go with torchlight, 1/3Rd the price and without the always on connection problems that make the game unplayable without a network connection. Blizzard has become a shadow of its former self and the games are obviously suffering because ofThe game is very basic, one dimensional and overpriced. The artwork its good but can't believe it took so long to make this game and suffered delays. Go with torchlight, 1/3Rd the price and without the always on connection problems that make the game unplayable without a network connection. Blizzard has become a shadow of its former self and the games are obviously suffering because of their dominance. Expand
  8. May 17, 2012
    What can you do with a play that constantly boots you although you're playing with a gamning machine and have tried a number of possible solutions? Nothing. The game was obviously rushed out to meet the deadlines and the idiotic idea of this once great company to oblige single players to log on has proved a disaster.
  9. May 17, 2012
    What is essentially a single player game that forces you to play online. Lame excuses and question dodging on the battle.net D3 forums. Giving it a 1 because of the cow level.
  10. May 17, 2012
    Never played Diablo 1 or 2. They were far too ugly by the time I got into PC gaming. However I have played similar titles and I see no difference between this game and others like Torchlight for example (yes I know Diablo came first though). The no offline mode is inexcusable. I don't want to play with others 95% of the time, I shouldn't be required to be online and hooked up throughNever played Diablo 1 or 2. They were far too ugly by the time I got into PC gaming. However I have played similar titles and I see no difference between this game and others like Torchlight for example (yes I know Diablo came first though). The no offline mode is inexcusable. I don't want to play with others 95% of the time, I shouldn't be required to be online and hooked up through battle.net. If they were worried about hacking and duping then making two seperate modes online and offline and the online component needs connection. The graphics are much improved over 1 and 2 but still meh especially when you zoom in. Controls are weird. I'm using to WASD, clicking constantly hurts my pointer finger after a while. This game would be ideal for a control...but alas the option is not there. Don't get me wrong, it's an ok game, but only ok. 4/10 Expand
  11. May 17, 2012
    It's pretty terrible that the error 37 destroys chances of logging on. I mean seriously, Blizzard's insanity with DRM and not calling it DRM is a pretty massive stroke against it. The Auction house is so annoying, what with any idea of fees, while the gameplay is short, linear, and not innovating at the least.
  12. May 17, 2012
    THE server is busy and have errors.
    just finished the normal difficulty , disappointed and shocked , I've been waiting for this for years.
    THE server is busy and have errors.
    and now I have to go over the storyline 4 times!! It is like playing any game and they tell you , you have to beat all the difficulties to enjoy?! I'm not really into playing now, I beated the normal game, tried nightmare, it is THE SAME, just stronger monsters and better weapons.
    If there were PVP , i would continue so I can collect items and beat other players.
    Blizzard, too bad you are losing a lot of customers
  13. May 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. bad system log on the internet, should put the game in offline mode.
    never buy a game from blizzard again.
    I play with the Torchlight II!
    not recommend Diablo II ... ta bad game!
  14. May 20, 2012
    io sono stato sempre uno a cui diablo gli piaceva . ma 2 sono i svantaggi di questo la necessità di giocare online, oggi causa malfunzionamenti battle.net non ho potuto giocare, e l'impossibilità di dare mie caratteristiche al giocatore, avendo fatto tutto online, l'hanno fattro apposta in modo tale da dover gestire meno cose, ma è diventato un giocoio sono stato sempre uno a cui diablo gli piaceva . ma 2 sono i svantaggi di questo la necessità di giocare online, oggi causa malfunzionamenti battle.net non ho potuto giocare, e l'impossibilità di dare mie caratteristiche al giocatore, avendo fatto tutto online, l'hanno fattro apposta in modo tale da dover gestire meno cose, ma è diventato un gioco troppo automatico, voto negativo rispetto alle aspettative Expand
  15. May 20, 2012
    Sinceramente, no merece la pena pagar x un juego como este,cuando la compañia ni siquiera se hace cargo de el,Insto a la gente a q lo descargue y lo juegue pirata
  16. May 20, 2012
    This would have been a decent 7 or 8, 5 or 10 years ago. After all - other companies who didnt care about hype but about making games have done it without 214124 years in development. Plenty of examples. Blizzards is being again a master marketer and nothing worked. Worked with Starcraft 2 due to better formula , even is amazing it did, and now - they pull it out again with Diablo. TheyThis would have been a decent 7 or 8, 5 or 10 years ago. After all - other companies who didnt care about hype but about making games have done it without 214124 years in development. Plenty of examples. Blizzards is being again a master marketer and nothing worked. Worked with Starcraft 2 due to better formula , even is amazing it did, and now - they pull it out again with Diablo. They made it worst - it is not even a poor action RPG, it is an arcade - you are not even poorly building up your char. I looked on achievements list and there was one - get 2 monks 2 level 60. Hah - why should i do that? To have 2 identical characters? Dont get me starting on the linearity of the story and the total lack of any illusion of choice. This game, in this year, after those many years of hype and "development" is a slap in the face to all those companies which are actually doing RPG with love and care and content and heart. Shameful. Expand
  17. Mob
    May 20, 2012
    The game is pretty straightforward and fast-paced, as it was expected from a Diablo game. Blizzard delivers yet another simple-but-enthralling game. Technically, graphics are a bit lower than expected: more could have been done. Cutscenes are great as ever.
    Let's go to the part where it hurts. Because, yes, it does hurt.
    First of all, Diablo is not a RPG, it never was, Blizzard never made
    Let's go to the part where it hurts. Because, yes, it does hurt.
    First of all, Diablo is not a RPG, it never was, Blizzard never made any RPG, so I really don't understand why they insist on branding the game as a RPG. Furthermore, any residue RPG aspect was removed from the game: basically, you no longer have stat points to assign freely, and any skill you can use is simply unlocked though leveling: you can change it whenever you want, and try any combination you ever think of. While this may seem to give unprecedented freedom of choice (for a Diablo game), it reduces all character to basically being the same character.
    What puzzles me more, is that Blizzard insists on refraining from customization: you can choose either male or female model for your class, and you can acquire some randomly-spawned "dyes" to partially change your armor's color during the game, and that's it. Seriously, you don't get to choose anything about your character, not even the appearance of the armor worn, which is modelled automatically after the class's flavor.
    For a 2012 game, lack of customization is a serious issue.
    And then there is the main issue: you can play the game if, and only if, you are online on the battle.net servers. This causes a ton of problems, but mainly, if the server has an issue (and it does, often), the game will become unplayable from lag, swap, fps drop... If the servers are down you can't play at all.
    For 60 dollars, I'd have expected more from Blizzard. Unfortunately, this firm seems to be no longer the old glory we all knew before merging with infamous Activision. So far, Blizzard delivered: 3 disappointing WoW expansions, a VERY disappointing Starcraft 2 (or 1/3 of it, the next 2/3 are yet to come) and this frankly below-expectations Diablo 3. Shame on Blizzard. I think my buying their games stops here.
  18. May 20, 2012
    Game it self is not bad, i would even say it's very good, but customer support is terrible.
    I am playing on EU servers and launch was terrible and today servers are down again. Only few replays from blizzard and all are useless, they do not want to say what the problem is and they do not have any ETA. it's been 3+ hours.
    I am very disappointed about this, i payed 60 euros for the game

I am very disappointed about this, i payed 60 euros for the game that i can't even play.
  19. May 20, 2012
    I'm just shoking by this game... The gameplay and the background are cool and the game really addictive.But com on what's wrong with Blizzard... Online DRM? no possibility to play offline??? And worst unstable server.

You can't have a day without a maintenance, a shut down and more again. Blizzard has lot of money , lot of teammates and they re not able to find an issue to that. I m really disappoint by them and will think before buy another game product by them
  20. May 21, 2012
    I preordered digital version of this game $73 for and blizzard didnt let me login. it keeps tell me im getting 3006 ERROR! Why this can happen? WHy blizzard didnt fix this error when its still beta??
  21. May 25, 2012
    not the worst game ever. too many problems to give even a mixed score. terrible storyline. seriously so terrible. just skip cut scenes, they writers were on crack with this one. i cant even begin with the other problems. for 60 bucks it might keep you entertained for 60 or so hours if you play all the classes. normal-hell difficulties are a cake walk, no challenge. totally doesn't preparenot the worst game ever. too many problems to give even a mixed score. terrible storyline. seriously so terrible. just skip cut scenes, they writers were on crack with this one. i cant even begin with the other problems. for 60 bucks it might keep you entertained for 60 or so hours if you play all the classes. normal-hell difficulties are a cake walk, no challenge. totally doesn't prepare you for inferno gear wise or strategy wise. if you weren't one of the people who had to play just to know i wouldn't recommend buying it at all. Expand
  22. May 26, 2012
    see http://higherorderfun.com/blog/2012/05/17/on-how-diablo-iii-fails-to-live-up-to-the-diablo-legacy/comment-page-1/#comment-401

I agree 100% with the articleâ
  23. May 27, 2012
    The game plays well through nightmare difficulty and hell, Inferno likewise also plays well up until Act 2 and a half.

The Story get s a 6/10 for really nice cinematics , but the game play is disappointing. they limit you way too much , you can only have 4 + 2 abilities and the majority of the passives are useless. Itemization is terrible, the worst i have seen in an RPG to date, the

Itemization is terrible, the worst i have seen in an RPG to date, the game revolves around the RMAH (real money auction house) which is just terrible , as 98% of the randomly generated items are intentionally sabotaged in order to boost RMAH usage and corporate profits.

Pick it up if you like the story , but the replay value is small.... sadly I spent 100$ on the collectors edition , the contents of which were also rather skimpy .... the diablo skull that came with the box was so small and puny it .... its almost small enough to use as a key chain.

Bad Item design
    Good to OK story (not great)
    Good visuals O and the pony level, I found it insulting , it does not fit in with the diablo franchise, they should of stuck to a cow level.... and kept with tradition instead of making a joke of their own game.
  24. May 27, 2012
    So sad to see D3 be a huge letdown. I had a lot of hope going into this game, but I should have known it would be more WoW like. More people are staring at the AH than playing the actual game. This is of course because Blizzard has used their flagship **** strategy of making "gear check" areas and bosses instead of giving us challenges requiring strategys and quick reaction times etc...So sad to see D3 be a huge letdown. I had a lot of hope going into this game, but I should have known it would be more WoW like. More people are staring at the AH than playing the actual game. This is of course because Blizzard has used their flagship **** strategy of making "gear check" areas and bosses instead of giving us challenges requiring strategys and quick reaction times etc... So now instead of just farming our gear we are required to play the AH. Quit WoW last year after playing for 6, and I can see way to similarities in this game to continue playing. Expand
  25. May 27, 2012
    First of all, I'm a hardcore gamer, multiglad in wow, 10 hours a day of gaming on average since 2007 (all sorts of games). I got to Act II inferno on witch doctor a few days ago and hit the wall where my 28k dps isn't enough to kill elites. So in order to progress without skipping champion packs, I have to buy upgrades worth of a few million gold. Now this is when the actual game ends andFirst of all, I'm a hardcore gamer, multiglad in wow, 10 hours a day of gaming on average since 2007 (all sorts of games). I got to Act II inferno on witch doctor a few days ago and hit the wall where my 28k dps isn't enough to kill elites. So in order to progress without skipping champion packs, I have to buy upgrades worth of a few million gold. Now this is when the actual game ends and boring mindless grind starts. I see people in streams farming inferno act 4 minibosses (after getting there through an exploit) over and over, like hundreds times a day. Well this is just a pathetic way to spend your time when there are so many other things to do. Even playing tetris is more fun lol. So I'm giving this 1/10 for endgame, 10/10 leveling, 0/10 for how easy it is on eyes (it puts more strain on eyes than all other games I've played, mostly due to enormous time you are forced to spend on AH and dark background graphics.) Expand
  26. May 29, 2012
    Welcome to Beta Testing with that Official Release of Diablo 3. Awesome how Imbalanced this Game is. I played now 80 Hours with an Monk and Barb and I can tell this Game is nut fun, its an waste of Time. The Game play is terrible you cant Journey as Single Player trough the game if you havenâ
  27. May 31, 2012
    Can't play the game most of the time because servers do not respond. What to say more!
    Blizzard should make sure to have the server architecture that can handle there customers needs!
  28. ivi
    May 31, 2012
    Dont waste your money on this game, because it has major performance and server problems.Bought this game just so servers can be busy all the time, GG Blizzard good job
  29. May 31, 2012
    Welcome to the future,we make games for shareholders,not gamers.
    -Blizzard/Activision
    As a Diablo 1 and 2 player this game is a massive disappointment. With all the hackers and gold sellers in this game i wonder how they will handle it when rmah goes online. Oh and get the best stuff from AH ,how fun is that. This game smells of wow,i bet we get a panda exp too with this in the
    Welcome to the future,we make games for shareholders,not gamers.
    -Blizzard/Activision

As a Diablo 1 and 2 player this game is a massive disappointment.
    Oh and get the best stuff from AH ,how fun is that.
    This game smells of wow,i bet we get a panda exp too with this in the near future.
  30. May 31, 2012
    Error 37! You need to know more? Don't think so! A single player game should be a single player game. You buy it, you play it whenever you want. I am not a hardcore gamer, and I play games in my free time, usually after work or school, but during my free time, seems that Blizzard can't buy more servers to make the game playable.
  31. Jun 1, 2012
    There is no doubt that this is an enjoyable game.
    Hard, fast action, that requires some grey mass.
    There is a problem however, thing thing about games is, they must be playable. And since buying the game 3 weeks ago, i've more often than not, not been able to play. The always online feature is a disgrace. It seems to me and many others that the servers are barely able to handle off-peak
    There is no doubt that this is an enjoyable game.
    Hard, fast action, that requires some grey mass.
    The always online feature is a disgrace. It seems to me and many others that the servers are barely able to handle off-peak loads, and choke the moment evening or weekend hits.
    It is unfanthomable how you can find yourself warping backwards due to lag while playing in singleplayer.
    I really couldn't give a toss about interaction with other players, being able to see if my friends are online etc. I'd trade it all in an instant for some stabilty.

I hope Blizzard realises that the decision to implement such strict DRM has likely cost them more in negative reviews than ever would have been lost due to piracy. The current system punishes honest customers, and if this is the best that can be done after 12 years of developement, then i say cancel the damned launch, go back to the drawing board, and launch in 2 more years when the game is finished and able to withstand the user loads the sequal to one of the most iconic games of time is bound to attract.
  32. Jun 1, 2012
    This game would've been a decent sequel to the classic Diablo 2 released by Blizzard about a decade back.

But. And this is the whole reason for the low rating. The game is unavailable for gamers to play since Blizzard enforced the concept "must-be-online-to-play" which itself is a bad idea, but would've been alright if only the servers had been of a proper quality. What I mean is the servers are of such a bad quality that you can't play the game most of the time, which is a utter disgrace for the which delivered the well known MMORPG World of Warcraft(which has around 10-11 million players to date).

I'd recommend waiting for another year or so to play this game, hopefully by then the staff of Blizzard realizes their utter worthlessness and forfeits their jobs to someone more qualified.
  33. Jun 1, 2012
    12 years in the making and I was bored after the first week. You could beat the game in probably one day. Security is **** my brother got hacked right when he got level 60 and got to inferno. Probably won't be picking this game up for a WHILE. Also, whats with all the **** DRM? Honestly, get over it, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PIRATES. Its not like you guys are loosing millions like i'm sure12 years in the making and I was bored after the first week. You could beat the game in probably one day. Security is **** my brother got hacked right when he got level 60 and got to inferno. Probably won't be picking this game up for a WHILE. Also, whats with all the **** DRM? Honestly, get over it, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PIRATES. Its not like you guys are loosing millions like i'm sure you guys think you are. You would make millions if it was on steam. Honestly not worth the 60 bucks. Expand
  34. Jun 2, 2012
    This game is in no way an improvement to Diablo 2. It fails in every way possible. And for the record I didn't buy this game BECAUSE of all the problems with it.

Always online DRM require you to be at Blizzards mercy, play with their buggy servers, with severe lag. Diablo 3 has no LAN, No open net because Blizzard is scared hackers will use the files to destroy their new cash cow auction

Diablo 3 has no LAN, No open net because Blizzard is scared hackers will use the files to destroy their new cash cow auction house.

Diablo 3 has No skill trees, No skill points, copy & paste characters with only gear differences making the only difference between your character and the next the gear you got at the cash cow auction house.

Diablo 3 is being hacked relentlessly by the second week. With over 28,000 threads (not posts THREADS!) worth of hacked players on Blizzards own forums. Blizzard is outright denying all of it, It's so bad two games journalist have been hacked one of them a eurogamer reviewer who gave the game a score it didn't deserve.

Blizzards Greed driven answer to this was to make a buck out of the hackings and aren't interested in helping people, only selling their broken and bypassed authenticators.

Meanwhile Blizzard just keeps on denying the problems with their game. While trying to spoon feed their customers garbage.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!

Go over have have a look at Torchlight 2 by the actual Devs that made Diablo 2. They're giving the fans everything that they ever dreamed of in a looting and hack n slash RPG .
  35. Jun 2, 2012
    For 12 years waiting, Blizzard you can give some better then this ! Can you eh... this 60 lvl same story, no changes with details in different levels of game, maps omg B. its sucks too bad :)
  36. Jun 3, 2012
    Well I played the Beta and I liked the game so much I decided to purchase it. The beta had its fare share of issues connecting, but it seemed that once they got it under control it was playable. Actually to the point I reached the end of the demo. Well I just got the game June 3rd 2012, finished installing it, and I cannot play it. Seems like there is an issues with Battle.net and IWell I played the Beta and I liked the game so much I decided to purchase it. The beta had its fare share of issues connecting, but it seemed that once they got it under control it was playable. Actually to the point I reached the end of the demo. Well I just got the game June 3rd 2012, finished installing it, and I cannot play it. Seems like there is an issues with Battle.net and I can't authenticate against their servers. This is pretty bad. A company that makes as much money as this, took as much time releasing the games, and has as much experience in the online arena should honestly be ashamed that it took all of our money. If I purchased something that I had physical access to and could not use it I would be upset and return it. In this digital age returning something that is digital is more difficult than it should be. If game publishers want to treat us all like criminals then I don't believe they deserve our money in the least. I will definitely think before I ever purchase another Blizzard game. I know I am probably be in the minority, but I have done it before with companies that treated its customers badly. The only thing that any of these companies understand it money. If you don't give it to them you have the power. Expand
  37. Jun 8, 2012
    They're approach to managing game balance is the same approach demonstrated by most rts games. Take anything that gives a player an advantage and castrate it.

Here are some things to point this out - no assignable skills. This forces all characters to remain in a similar scope - heavily nerfed abilities. Mantra of healing for example has little or no effect. - limited gear options. Life steal has been nerfed to 20% effectiveness rendering it absolutely useless. You have to only worry about resists, stats that you should be getting through levels. - Balancing the game after release has been a measure of castration over fun. They react to anything people are doing with a hatchet. I suppose the baddies might get upset if a tank character hangs out in their face for a second or two. - They set this game up with the mindset of an RTS team worried that players would break something over whether they would have fun. When you look at the uniques listed on htier page you see that demonstrated in the laughable afixes. 0.3% life steel? - cooldowns on skills, potions are so weak they are only enough to remove the red screen.. sometime and I can only drink two a minute, please. This isn't DoW2 or SC2, it's diablo. I'm not playing pvp rts i'm playing PVM with a "HERO" who should never be afraid to jump in the mix, who should be powerful and immune to petty little fear tactics and jailing and i should never lose control of my character. this is PK tactics. - When you get to level 12 in DnD's RPGA league you face a PK mod that is designed to kill your character off. When I got to hell diff I realized they are employing this kind of philosophy here. There are tactics the enemies use that will kill you without any chance to counter it. That pull you into the middle of their swarm, freeze you with 3 strait freeze blasts while they beat you to death. My character is frozen and can't move. This game is anti-fun at the max. I hear about upcoming nerfs and ye know, yawn at blizzard, you have taken this game in the opposite direction it's legacy was going, it's a 180 from fun to tedium, from rewarding to frustrating, from exiting and diverse to boring and repetitive. And I'm talking to a wall because that's all I can do, these guys don't seam to get it, they seam to get all exited about nerfing stuff like we will think they are saving the day. No dummies you chased all my friends away and soon I will follow. My suggestion, go through the diablo 1 and 2 accounts, find the players with the oldest and most active accounts and ask them what to do, they are smarter then you are when it comes to this series and understand how the players got addicted to these games, clearly you just want to drive people crazy, which isn't what diablo 1 or 2 was about.
  38. Jun 8, 2012
    This is a serious and objective review from a person who played many pc games.
    First of all: connection problems. Worst service (even after a month since release!!!) of many online games I played - GW, WoW, Diablo2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, FPS shooters(Quake, Unreal, Counter-Strike), Starcraft 1 and 2... you name it.
    Graphics - far too bad for a 2012 game! Sound effects - decent.
    This is a serious and objective review from a person who played many pc games.
    Graphics - far too bad for a 2012 game! Sound effects - decent. Music - bad and repetitive. Gameplay is about decent the first three difficulties. The last difficulty is very boring. Players need to collect gold for hundreds and hundreds of hours to be able to progress. Then they spend it in an Auction house where they buy item upgrades for their hero. In Diablo 2 players were progressing on their own with just a bit of trading. In Diablo 3 good item drops are extremly rare - like 1 to billions chance to get such an item yourself so the Auction House does not get flooded. Logical, yes, but it turns the game to Auction House manager, where players farm gold the whole week and then lie for a day or two in front of their PC, scanning the millions of deals, hoping for a fair upgrade. So dumbed down. This takes all the pleasure from the item hunting which made Diablo 2 such a great and replayable game.
    Skill system cannot be more broken. Everyone ends up using the same skill setup. Scarcity of good items forces them to do so. Many GREAT features (it will take more than an hour to list them and you to read them) from Diablo 2 were just cut from this game. 10 years in development and we get this?! What a shame. I wont even mention the Real Money Auction House where players give real $ to Blizzard. Pay to Win! Take this from a serious Diablo 2 player - do not touch this game it will dissapoint you badly. Enjoy other games.
  39. Jun 14, 2012
    Character animation, and some soundtracks are very nice in this game, but this all. Absolutely boring storyline and gameplay. Low replayability, very simple and linear locations, and i can continue this for a long time.
  40. Jun 18, 2012
    sweet jesus this game is bad, 12 years huh. what did they dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm soooooooooooooooo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaste gaaaaaaaaaaah goood thing you could get a reeeeeeeeeeeeefunddddddddddddddddddddddddddd rip blizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaardddddddddddddddd 1998
  41. Jun 26, 2012
    This game is a real insult to the Diablo's saga. Full of bugs. No fun. It only turns around the real money auctioneer house. We are watching the fall of Blizzard.
  42. Jul 3, 2012
    This game was supposed to be really good! Especially coming from a company like blizzard. Fans of the Diablo world waited and waited. we were teased many times with videos and screenshots... We were teased with release dates, and still the game didnt come out. I assumed they were making the game good, which could explain why the game took **** forever to finally come out. So the gameThis game was supposed to be really good! Especially coming from a company like blizzard. Fans of the Diablo world waited and waited. we were teased many times with videos and screenshots... We were teased with release dates, and still the game didnt come out. I assumed they were making the game good, which could explain why the game took **** forever to finally come out. So the game finally releases.. YAY!!! Then I start playing it.. hmm seems ok at first, But after every minute that passes the game just loses its appeal little by little. The new skill system blows! why change it from the way it was in Diablo2 when nothing was wrong with it! Just because you can doesn't mean you should! The story line is ok at best, although the scenes and story seems to be in order, there are gaps of information where they probably should have added some. The garphics are good, but the appearance of the game as a whole doesnt feel like diablo, it feels like world of warcraft. And holy Jesus is this game short... You'll beat normal, nightmare, and hell faster than you would have wanted. Act 4 is a continuation of act 3, which feels cheap, unlike in Diablo 2 where act 3 to act 4 felt like a massive journey. I remember thinking in my head, "wheres act 5?" "There needs to be an expansion already?!?!" **** Fail!! The biggest problem is that once you've beaten hell difficulty, you hit this wall of **** You start realizing how much time and effort your going to have to put into this game to advance further,.. and I just kept thinking to myself "What for?!?!" "I already know what happens!!" The Item drops dont feel rewarding to me. I played for a while I never once had a unique item drop. I did like the new multiplayer drop system though.. your loot is your own.. I like that,.. thats about all I like about the changes to the game. Heres something else that really sucks balls... you cant create games like you could in Diablo 2...Its **** auto -matching and it shouldnt **** be in this game! I liked looking through created games in which players where allowed to choose a name for their game and you could see who is in it!!! So now that you've hit the wall of **** which means you wont be able to search games with players that can handle inferno.. So unless you magically have millions of gold to spend on better items, your gonna get **** in inferno. All your gold gets used in training your artisan and his items... which you'll have to do no matter what if you want to advance. The fighting mechanics are pretty good on an upside, but it doesnt turn a peice of dog**** into a diamond, which this game should have been. I think the people who are "enjoying" this game are in denial.. they invested too much anticipation and cant admit that this games just simply blows donkey balls. In conclusion, I'd like to say that Video games are getting ****tier and ****tier. I only had two companies I could trust in making a good game, it was Blizzard and Valve. Now its just Valve. Blizzard is dead to me, and all I have to look forward to is when Half-Life 3 will be coming out. Please valve...don't take another five years without a single word of information about half-life 3. But even more importantly, dont fail like blizzard just did. Make half-life 3 **** rediculously epic!!! do it! Do it!! I'm done sounding off... Expand
  43. Jul 3, 2012
    Does not deserve a high review. A company that chooses to create its game based upon how they can make money first, and satisfy their fans after are not worthy of title at all. This game albeit having its moment felt as if it was created to utilize the RMAH. seriously that's the only real value that it has going for it. Good luck completing inferno without using the auction house at all.Does not deserve a high review. A company that chooses to create its game based upon how they can make money first, and satisfy their fans after are not worthy of title at all. This game albeit having its moment felt as if it was created to utilize the RMAH. seriously that's the only real value that it has going for it. Good luck completing inferno without using the auction house at all. It isn't a game, it's a money making scandal... This will be the last Blizzard game I ever play. Expand
  44. Jul 7, 2012
    I have over 300 hours and I can say this game is fundamentally flawed, it is designed around the RMAH to milk the fan-base as much as physically possible and it lacks any REAL end-game substance that you can look forward to and grind towards.

The game has fallen INSANELY short of expectations, I am not just farming the AH for gold (I play HC as well, just to make the game kinda sorta fun) and there is little point to anything else than amassing more and more gold as finding that "must have" item is literally impossible by using the tried and true "farming" that we all knew and love from the previous incarnations.

The games community is hollow, it is overrun by goldfarmers (after day one) and the CM's / Dev's don't truly seem to care about the current shoddy state it is in. They are more interested in updating the RMAH (real money auction house, to make more money, they take a 15% cut and therefore that is where all their interest is.)
    They ADMITTED they have NO end-game on the horizon (will prob milk the fans summore w/ an expansion that will fix the major flaws) so yea, this game is bad... and I am truly sad to say it as I have been following it since before it was released.

I feel sad about it all, but I feel I needed to say what was on my mind, as the forums are a TERRIBLE place to commune as they are ovverun with fanbois and whiteknights (prob on Blizz payrole) that will evicerate you over ANY comments that portray D3 in anything but a positive light.

Blizzard has jumped the shark folks.
  45. Jul 10, 2012
    Not even as good as Diablo 2, which is a decade old. Mediocre graphics, and no gameplay improvements from D2. This entire game feels generic. Bland monsters, boring gear, avatars that all look the same.

Diablo is the definition of a loot based hack and slash, and yet the two biggest drawbacks to this game are its very small bestiary, and its unimpressive lineup of loot to gather. A hack and slash needs a wide variety of interesting foes to fight to make combat interesting. Diablo 3 has very few monster types to fight, and they are all boring and unimpressive. The bosses are equally underwhelming. Finding good loot doesn't feel too special either, every rare item gets a dumb name by slapping two random words on it, and some random stats. The unique items are even rarer and not even as good as the random junk. Can't even customize the look of your character very far. Auction house is a mess that rewards exploiters and cheaters, and punishes honest players for not exploiting the game to earn large amounts of gold before they nerf the popular gold farming areas. Limited character builds take this action rpg from boring to tedious. Boring game that sold itself totally through hype. Bad story, bad gameplay, bad customer service. No self-respecting gamer will ever want to see Diablo 4, so hopefully we can bury this game franchise alongside Deckard Cain.
  46. Jul 28, 2012
    I will not complain: 200 hours of playing were every cent of this game worth. But I have to admit, that everyone who loved D1 or D2, actually will hate this game. It's not because of any graphics, sounds or even the balance. It's simply because of the feeling, being punished for playing. The loot is horrible, some of the monsters are pretty unfair - not difficult to solve - simply justI will not complain: 200 hours of playing were every cent of this game worth. But I have to admit, that everyone who loved D1 or D2, actually will hate this game. It's not because of any graphics, sounds or even the balance. It's simply because of the feeling, being punished for playing. The loot is horrible, some of the monsters are pretty unfair - not difficult to solve - simply just unfair. Won't buy the next Blizzard game for sure, D3 is just a big disappointment. For people who don't know D1 or D2 and don't want to play inferno, it may be a good game but even then just rated a 6, maybe 7. Expand
  47. Jul 28, 2012
    I must say, rarely do I ever pick up a game for $60 and within a few hours put it down and never play it again, simply because it just hurts to much to do such a thing. So I always try and look for a few positives in a game; however, Diablo III is just that bad. I was a huge fan of the first two games in this series, but this game wrecked it...no wait, take that back, obliterated it. ThisI must say, rarely do I ever pick up a game for $60 and within a few hours put it down and never play it again, simply because it just hurts to much to do such a thing. So I always try and look for a few positives in a game; however, Diablo III is just that bad. I was a huge fan of the first two games in this series, but this game wrecked it...no wait, take that back, obliterated it. This is quite possibly one of the worst games I've ever played. It's linear as hell, the story is terrible, the graphics are...I'm not even quite sure you can call those graphics by today's standards...I mean honestly guys, there's pixelation in the character selection screen..., the characters have no appearance customization at all...WTF even WoW has that..., and you get bored of the game before you even get to the point of the game, the loot. But wait...there is no point if you can just buy the loot...I mean WTF Blizzard is this a job or a video game, because I don't remember an interview. I mean hell, even cookie cutter CoD I wouldn't give a zero, at least I get to shoot at **** to ease my pain and frustration from having to play it. Expand
  48. Aug 1, 2012
    When you finally find out that the game was built around the auction house, then you understand why it is boring.

Difficulty and itemization are designed in a way to push you to the auction house where you can buy stuff for real money. Blizzard gets a 30% cut on all transactions so they WANT you to use it. Beside this major flaw, the game also removes the fun parts of an ARPG : 4

Beside this major flaw, the game also removes the fun parts of an ARPG : 4 players max par game but the incentive to play multiplayer games is not there anyway, boring items, most of the skills are useless, no large group of monsters that can be easily killed and last but not least, spell damage are based on your MELEE weapon damage !

Probably the biggest disappointment of the last 5 years.
  49. Aug 15, 2012
    Never played diablo 1+2, but decided to try out this game after hearing all the hype. The game is OK. However, it has no entertainment value after first playthrough. Sure, you unlock a new difficulty and can earn better loot in your next playthrough - but so what. Why bother... This game is based around grind. And if you like pure grind then this is the game for you. I have not even inNever played diablo 1+2, but decided to try out this game after hearing all the hype. The game is OK. However, it has no entertainment value after first playthrough. Sure, you unlock a new difficulty and can earn better loot in your next playthrough - but so what. Why bother... This game is based around grind. And if you like pure grind then this is the game for you. I have not even in mmorpgs seen this kind of grind. If playing the same story over and over satisfies you then this is the game for you. Other than that i want to mention that blizzard has terrible customer service - they completely disregard their customers (because they can). Expand
  50. Aug 16, 2012
    An empty soulless version of a fantastic game. The way Activision/Blizzard has handled there business is unacceptable and consumers need to stop putting up with it. The in-game cash shop and always online single player is not okay. Since big publishers judge success by only two things, sales and metacritic rating, tanking the metacritic rating is the only way to get their attention.
  51. Aug 17, 2012
    I found Diablo 3 painfully boring, repetitive, dated, uninspired and predictable. The boredom factor kicks in right at the beginning of the first act and unfortunately does not subside throughout the entire game. I found my brain completely switching off as I roamed aimlessly through boring dungeons, not caring about my quest or the overall plot. I was merely looking for something toI found Diablo 3 painfully boring, repetitive, dated, uninspired and predictable. The boredom factor kicks in right at the beginning of the first act and unfortunately does not subside throughout the entire game. I found my brain completely switching off as I roamed aimlessly through boring dungeons, not caring about my quest or the overall plot. I was merely looking for something to excite me, but the excitement never came. The game is incredibly repetitive, however, Diablo 2 was also repetitive, yet killing countless beasts in the Arcane Sanctuary was somehow so much more fun than killing anyone in the badly designed sets of Diablo 3. The game looks like it should have been released in 2004, and lets face it, the game was finished and ready to go in 2004, however for obvious marketing reasons, Blizzard held it off until they milked WoW. There's a term for this and it's called product cannibalism. Blizzard were cautious about Diablo 3 as it no doubt would have caused the WoW players to shift games. DIablo 3 looks dated, because it is. This whole Blizzard 'It will be done when it's done' crap is merely hype building. Diablo 3 is uninspired. There is no creative flair throughout the whole game. Anyone could have written the plot, devised the monsters and vomited out that dialogue. It is total tripe. Blizzard has destroyed their own franchise. Do not purchase this game. You have been warned. Expand
  52. Aug 18, 2012
    OK... where do i start?

I have been a fan of diablo since the very 1st original game which was in my mind one of the greatest games of all time. Where the hell did it all go wrong? This is a far cry from Diablo. The only correlation between this and Diablo is the title and the fact that you have to kill "Something" called Diablo at the end of the game. This is the biggest let
    OK... where do i start?

Where the hell did it all go wrong?

This is the biggest let down of the year for me. This game should easily have been game of the year.

The graphics are good yeah but the plot is basically laughable. The difficulty settings of Inferno basically make it impossible to farm anything unless you are in a group. There are too many stat's too have to worry about when it comes to gearing up, i mean good luck finding gear for a monk that has 1 misc res, 1 All resistance, Dex, Vit, AS, CHC, CHD, socketted, GF/MF etc... The servers are a joke, if you can beat the log in screen you find that the AH crashes on an almost weekly basis, and that you pull your hair out the roots because you get server lag that gets you killed during boss confrontations after which you get a 5K repair bill for something that wasn't your fault.

The builds are ok while you are still learning what to do but once the novelty wears off, you quickly realize that there are only 5 or 6 skills per class worth bothering with anyway. Now that people are leaving the game in massive quantities, it has become harder and harder to gear up. Every item is randomly generated so you could end up with chest gear for a barbarian with INT and DEX on it rather than STR/Vit. Because people are leaving gear on the ah is going up astronomically because there are not as many farmers now as there used to be which has a knock on effect on everything from leveling to AH prices.

There is no suitable upper limit cap on the ah and because of that gear worth 10K is allowed to be sold for 30 Billion... Because of this, arguments in chat are common because people who find an equivocal item automatically think that their item is worth at least 40 Million or some crap like that and some arguments between players almost verge on bullying and harassment.

Blizzard now let people sell gold on the ah at a base value of 0.25p per 100K which is great until you realize that gold sellers are selling gold for 6 euro for 50 Million. Way to go blizzard, what sort of school of economics did you go to when you decided to make it profitable to buy gold from gold sellers rather than price them out? I mean Christ, buy 50 Mill gold off them for 6 euro and sell it on the rmah for ££££'s, yay great plan!.

I guess the last problem is Jay Wilson... turd... Thanks for ruining what should have been an instant classic.

And blizzard really think PVP will save this game? Considering the dps difference with some classes, the resistance of others, no pvp build and no pvp gear... PVP i think will be a total fail.

I honestly don't know where to stop, i feel so dissapointed with this EPIC FAILURE that i feel like i want my money back. The only reason i have not tried to get my money back is because i made the money back off the RMAH.

Honestly.... Wait for torchlight 2, dont buy this utter ****
  53. Aug 27, 2012
    Diablo 3 is without a doubt the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced in any form of media. I dumped a ton of time into D2 and LoD when I was younger and I still fire it up every once in a whille to this day. So needless to say, I was salivating to play D3 on day 1. The first 10 or so hours seemed fun but very shortly thereafter I could tell that something didn't feel right. TheDiablo 3 is without a doubt the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced in any form of media. I dumped a ton of time into D2 and LoD when I was younger and I still fire it up every once in a whille to this day. So needless to say, I was salivating to play D3 on day 1. The first 10 or so hours seemed fun but very shortly thereafter I could tell that something didn't feel right. The vendors and blacksmith never felt like they were selling you level appropriate items and the stuff you find is useless junk. So finally I broke down and bought items from the gold auction house. All of a sudden, I was steamrolling through the monsters with little resistance. This sucked all of the fun out of the game. There is no sense of accomplishment or excitement when purchasing your gear online. The ah is at the core of this game and it has ruined the entire Diablo experience. Expand
  54. Aug 28, 2012
    I like hack 'n' slash games but in 2012 you cannot expect to make a game like you were used to do over 10 years ago and expect it to be a success. Players have evoluted a lot and requests more. Randomizing is silly, most of the items you get from drops are useless for any character and can't be sold in AH. Then, when you reach inferno level, the only way to complete this game is byI like hack 'n' slash games but in 2012 you cannot expect to make a game like you were used to do over 10 years ago and expect it to be a success. Players have evoluted a lot and requests more. Randomizing is silly, most of the items you get from drops are useless for any character and can't be sold in AH. Then, when you reach inferno level, the only way to complete this game is by grinding gold and buying every piece of gear you need in the AH. The game is too lineal (yes ok, it is Diablo but it is also 2012 instead of 2000... they could have added some more maps and choices) and there is a lack of customization. The only good thing is the achievement system, which is account realted instead of character related, which avoid you needing to do the same thing with everycharacter. One of the worse games I have ever seen released. Expand
  55. Aug 31, 2012
    On 1st brush, Diablo 3 is a brilliant game. The art work was great. The game engine works great and playing it was fun.

They are however 2 things that I think was the downfall for Diablo3. 1) Persistent internet connection: Server problem, maintenance, lag deviate from the experience. 2) Real money auction house: This is I think its biggest problem. Blizzard tries to hide this. But the

2) Real money auction house: This is I think its biggest problem. Blizzard tries to hide this. But the loot system continuously get nerfed when they see a reduction in real money auction house transaction. Instead of having a game with a fun loot system with reasonable legendary drop rate, you have to really either play for a extremely long time to get decent drop or buy it from the auction house. Since loot is really 80% of the game, it has lost it's appeal. The game is no longer design for maximum fun, but maximum profit.

Diablo 2 had so much heart and soul put into it even though it's dated. You know when you are playing the game that the developer's sole purpose was for you to have fun. Diablo 3, not so much.
  56. Sep 1, 2012
    save your money and buy torchlight 2 on steam 15 pounds for torchlight 1 and 2..........................................................................
  57. Sep 6, 2012
    A classic example of trying to build upon a IP, but get lost in the process. It tries to do many things differently but in the end looses what made prior diablos special. Loot and character development.
  58. Sep 8, 2012
    - This game is overall ok to play. I would say for a slash and hack style it is the best one out there. But once you get to the last difficulty the game isn't fun anymore.

- The highest level in the game is 60 and the game has 4 difficulty levels, Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno. When I started I started playing I though levelling to 60 is spread onto the difficulty levels and I was shocked that I finished the game at level 30. That means to reach level 60 you have to finish the game 4 times. So boring ..

- This game requires you to have an internet connection,yes for single players ... Meaning if you have a bad internet connection you'd be lagging ... More interestingly if you playing the hardcore mode where if you die you cant recover your hero back. In hardcore mode you need to pray you dont lag or you dont lose your internet connection in serious game encounters. Lag you die you lose your progress .. how sad.

- This game requires you to kill monsters to find better items in order to make ur hero stronger. I spent approximately 400 hours playing this game since release. Where 200 hours I've been playing to find items for my hero at the last level so that it is easier to get better item by killing harder monsters. So 200 hours of nothing, which means you really have to be lucky playing this game. Getting a good item is like winning lottery.. After playing for this long I realised there is no point for me to keep going. I am sure others who are being lucky are having fun though as it is rewarding and you'd want to keep up.

- If you go onto the forums there is really poor support of the game staff where they dont really care about your opinion. - Last suggestion play the game on hardcore mode, but once you finish the it in the Normal Mode that is the first difficulty level, consider you are done.
  59. tdc
    Sep 12, 2012
    The story is very cliche and predictable. The graphics are incredibly lackluster based on both the release date and the development time. The game play feels okay; the combat isn't bad. The constant patches keep changing loot and skills and etc. which grows tedious. After you reach the maximum level, re-roll and do it again, and realize that grinding at 60 is still boring, all that remainsThe story is very cliche and predictable. The graphics are incredibly lackluster based on both the release date and the development time. The game play feels okay; the combat isn't bad. The constant patches keep changing loot and skills and etc. which grows tedious. After you reach the maximum level, re-roll and do it again, and realize that grinding at 60 is still boring, all that remains is a shell of what used to be Diablo; it leaves you feeling just so,
    empty.
  60. Sep 13, 2012
    What a boring piece of crap, there's nothing to do but farm generic looking lousy stats having items. You want godly items? Too bad, you ain't gonna have them unless you use 1 of the auction houses. No matter who you kill on what difficulty the drops gonna suck more than porn stars. Graphics make the game look like some retarded cartoon, the music...Hell. What music? There's no music, justWhat a boring piece of crap, there's nothing to do but farm generic looking lousy stats having items. You want godly items? Too bad, you ain't gonna have them unless you use 1 of the auction houses. No matter who you kill on what difficulty the drops gonna suck more than porn stars. Graphics make the game look like some retarded cartoon, the music...Hell. What music? There's no music, just some monotonous below average generic melody playing but it can be hardly qualified as music. Voice acting would probably impress WOW virgins(due to their low standards)and casuals, gameplay isn't bad but there's nothing innovative about it. Game is as short as a midget on all fours playing twister. No depth, no character customization, only few skills are worth using while others are utterly useless. Lots of effects but they aren't necessary since the skills you use are weak as anorexics left hook. I piss in a zig zag pattern on this game and if I saw that ugly chubby gnome Gay Wilson I'd beat him up with a keyboard. Expand
  61. Sep 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm very disappointed with the game. I paid 55 euro and I get nothing for that money. You don't get anything new or different than an updated Diablo 2. I have played only a few hours with the game and that's it. It's boring and there is no fun at all. This is the worst game of the decade. Expand
  62. Sep 20, 2012
    This just might be the biggest let down and over hyped game of the decade. I wish i had waited to buy to it and had not gotten digital or i would have returned this months ago. Some may like the simplistic grind till you progress game play and the real money AH, but when you really look at the game and the classes you are left disappointed and just sad that the series could end up like this.,
  63. Sep 22, 2012
    The more you put into a game, the more rewarded you should feel. Right? Not in Diablo 3...The game makes me feel like the more I put into it, the more punished I feel. Also, it is hard to get past the poor design and story, lackluster abilities, and that world of warcraft touch that shouldn't be overlapping into a Diablo game. I will be very hesitant and cautious when it comes to newThe more you put into a game, the more rewarded you should feel. Right? Not in Diablo 3...The game makes me feel like the more I put into it, the more punished I feel. Also, it is hard to get past the poor design and story, lackluster abilities, and that world of warcraft touch that shouldn't be overlapping into a Diablo game. I will be very hesitant and cautious when it comes to new titles from the company. Expand
  64. Sep 22, 2012
    The game is a failure of epic proportions. Never before had game industry seen such a huge discrepancy between expectations and final result. The expectations were high because the game was in development like 6 years with huge budget and Blizzard seemed to be a trustworthy company.

But in the end what we've got is a primitive skill and item system and abysmally small amount of content. You run 3 times through the same short acts, it gets boring after seeing them once, and then comes the whooping inferno mode where you see all the same stuff for the 4th time, only this time you have to run more around the elite enemies and the only point of your repetitive actions is the hope of getting a better equipment so you can kill things faster and die less often. This chance is not just small, it is negligible, only people with no life can get something good from killing mobs 15 hrs a day, others have to use the auction. The bad item drop is probably the main problem for most people judging by the battlenet forums, but those people aren't actually seeing the whole picture - even if we were given D3 without the auction house, the game still won't lose its crappy mechanics where the powerful builds become obvious pretty fast and you are doomed to use the same 6 skills without even changing them slightly on occasion (against different type of mobs, for example). If you do, you lose a very important magic finding buff. What's even more important is that weapon and equipment system is intentionally designed to be boring, so that only a few of possible affixes are useful. This leads to a situation where they are hard to get (Blizzard wants people to become frustrated and use RMAH), but also there is no such thing as different possible types of the same gear, there is only ONE possible good option and others are inherently bad, you can't choose a different direction in accumulating bonuses on equipment.

Fortunately, we have Torchlight 2 now, so we all can forget about this miserable failure and never play it again. Jay Wilson is not the guy who can make great games, he is just a stupid and arrogant fat guy. I hope karma punishes him hard for ruining the great franchise and crushing our dreams and hopes.
  65. Sep 25, 2012
    This game had so much potential. Blizzard fails to deliver a fantasy world for you to plunder. Instead you are left with a pay to win world. The Auction House and Real Money Auction House are the two most influential parts of the game. The loot system has been diluted to the point that many players have shared experiences of hundreds of items looted, yet none were useful or sell-able.This game had so much potential. Blizzard fails to deliver a fantasy world for you to plunder. Instead you are left with a pay to win world. The Auction House and Real Money Auction House are the two most influential parts of the game. The loot system has been diluted to the point that many players have shared experiences of hundreds of items looted, yet none were useful or sell-able. I feel that because of the so many complaints about itemization, they have dumbed down the game similar to what has happened with World of Warcraft. It is a sad day for Blizzard fans. Expand
  66. Sep 25, 2012
    Even though there is so much hate in Diablo 3, it still deserves credit for the best looking and executed looting game there is today (in modern years of course). Felt like an MMO, but yet still "single player", D3 is very brave at attempting this untested water, with things like the Real Money Auction House. If there is anything wrong with this game, it is not the way Blizzard is treatingEven though there is so much hate in Diablo 3, it still deserves credit for the best looking and executed looting game there is today (in modern years of course). Felt like an MMO, but yet still "single player", D3 is very brave at attempting this untested water, with things like the Real Money Auction House. If there is anything wrong with this game, it is not the way Blizzard is treating the players (making us into their test subjects), it's with the philosophy that this game shouldn't be "too easy" because the economy of the D3 items would hugely affect their income. Blizzard misunderstood what "fun" really means for the majority of players: we play because we want the accomplishment by playing, not wasting 300 hours while still unable to complete all the challenges! So whenever someone clever enough to figure out ways to have fun, Blizzard goes in to "nerf" them. This is the worst game I've had where whatever you are having can be stripped away instantly from a single player game. If not for the huge D2 background, nobody would care about such a manipulative MMORPG without content updates. Expand
  67. Oct 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played two softcore characters to level 60 and a hardcore barbarian through Act 1 Inferno. The longer you play the more you see the short comings of the design decisions the development team made, when they tried to "revolutionize" the ARPG genre instead of sticking to time tested mechanics.

The replay value get's absolutely slaughtered by the "skill unlock and unlimited respec" system. There is no reason why I should play a barbarian again, when I have everything unlocked and the next playthrough would feel exactly the same. It feels a bit like being dragged through the game on railroad tracks. You never have to make a decision that has any permanence which kills the fun. Everything is done for you. This is not what I expect from a Diablo game. After playing every class to level 60 once you're done with the game. The terible loot and item system make it even worse, because playing the game feels like a waste of time on higher levels. You clean the same Act on Inferno two times just to be mocked with **** blue items. There is no feelling of reward which would keep you playing. You have the constant feeling that you are suposed to use the horrible Auction House just to be able to advance. The quests and levels feel extremely boring. It's always go to A and B to click one something so you can go through the portal where you will find two new portals which you have to enter and clear just to be able to enter the last portal. To add insult to injury all boses an NPC simply can't keep their obnoxious mouth shut. It is very annyoing once you played through the story once. You'll only be hitting the spacebar like a maniac all the time just to skip cheesy dialogs and cut-scene which are forced down your throat. The boss battles are stupid and boring. You'd think that a billion dollar company could come up with something more intimidating than a stupid butterfly which will spawn 4 dudes with a big club and shield itself as long as they are alive. That's it. Dudes get spawned you kill them. You hit the butterfly until it starts shielding itself again and spawns the 4 dudes again. Repeat until the butterfly is dead.

If this game wasn't called Diablo I would give it 5-6 points out of 10.
  68. Dec 3, 2012
    I was excited for this. That wore off after the second level. Incredibly boring grindfest with a terrible story. One of those games where you hope all the characters will die just so you don't have to play anymore. Can't believe I blew $60 on this.
  69. Dec 29, 2012
    The barbarian merchant in Act 3 has told every player the truth: not enough profit, too much pain!

First, Diablo series is definitely loot-hunting games. The fun of playing Diablo games comes from a loop: to hunt greater loots ---> the loots make the heroes the players control become more powerful ---> to challenge more powerful enemies ---> the more powerful enemies drops even greater loots.

Diablo2 did perfect on the loop. How much time you spend on hunting loots, how many good loots you get. Every minute you spend on this game is worth it.

And then look at Diablo3, my friends and I have respectively spent more than 200 hours on Inferno Difficulty, but get no useful loots during such a long gaming time. Then I went to some game forums, and confirmed that my friends and I were not special cases.

I know that very few players can get great loots, but that's completely based on luck, not about gaming skills/time. Even the few lucky players also can't hunt all gears on their character's body, which means, AH/RMAH is a must. And the terrible loot drop rate has raised the prices in AH to a ridiculous level that most players can't afford it by only picking up golds in the game.

So, offline gold trade/AH merchant is the efficient way to power up. Loot-hunting now is a joke.

Can Diablo3 be called a "Diablo" game if loot-hunting is useless in-game?
  70. Dec 30, 2012
    If you're a fan of gritty world like Diablo 1 or Diablo II with LOD expansion pack do not waste your money on this piece of junk. Blizzard really screwed the pooch with this game release they are all about money and nothing else, just like John Carmack is now. Where do I start? First of all the game is dependent on auction house because drops are such crap 90% of times they are laughableIf you're a fan of gritty world like Diablo 1 or Diablo II with LOD expansion pack do not waste your money on this piece of junk. Blizzard really screwed the pooch with this game release they are all about money and nothing else, just like John Carmack is now. Where do I start? First of all the game is dependent on auction house because drops are such crap 90% of times they are laughable that's why most people shop in an auction house for items. With auction house comes no modding the game, always online etc which ruins the game even more. The story line is boring and bland compared to Diablo and Diablo II it is completely laughable. Next you are pretty much FORCED to buy the stupid authenticator because hackers have direct connection to Blizzard servers and steal 90% of peoples items from their characters and sell them off on AH (AKA Chinese gold farmers). The game has no PK it applies to care bears and so far it has no PVP either which it should of shipped with right from beginning, it plays like an arcade game instead of an ARPG (action role playing game) like Diablo 1 and 2 did. You will see most people run through maps and completely ignore everything just to rush to inferno difficulty and once they're there they complain about constantly dying. The chat room is completely pathetic, there are no avatars to see in chat and the chat is almost non existent too. To top it all off you will get E-mail from gold sellers every day trying to sell you their services, Blizzard will never have time to ban all of these Chinese gold sellers that just laugh in their faces. If you want a fun game (not for superb dark graphics) that has fun game play and an average story line do your self a favor and skip this piece of junk that isn't worth more than $15. Go buy Torchlight 2 or wait for Path of Exile to go into open beta I assure you, you will have far more fun with both of these games. More reasons not to buy Diablo 3: No rune words, gems are lame and too expensive to make and buy, always online required, art direction of bosses such as The Butcher or Magda is complete crap one of the characters in the game is disposed of in such a pathetic way that it wants to make me cry they are killed by BUTTERFLIES colorful pretty BUTTERFLIES!!!! NO COW LEVEL instead you get some stupid Whimsy shire crap with colorful PONIES and RAINBOWS this is not hello kitty game WTF! Last but not least of reasons not to buy Diablo 3 is Jay Wilsons words towards David Brevik: **** that loser". Save your money and time buy a great game instead, Diablo 3 isn't worth more than $15 it is fun at first but then the fun dies after pretty much first few play throughs I played Diablo 2 for many years and never got bored heck I still go back to it sometimes! Bottom line is this game is pretty damn bad as in it pretty much sucks! Expand
  71. Jan 3, 2013
    I couldn't spend more than just a few hours in this game. I found the storyline ok though - not the best, but not the worst. But the gameplay is boring - if you change the characters for small spaceships, you'll have a decent old school space shooter, but for a so-called adventure rpg? I feel regret of having purchased it.
  72. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nothing but a mediocre game. Blizzard really screwed us all with this game. The first two were awesome, but this is NOT Diablo. First of all, no single player. You need an internet connection to play, meaning when Blizzard put the servers down for maintenance, you can't play. The story of the game is poor and the horrific mood doesn't exist at all. The Butcher of Act I made me laugh rather than having me thinking "Holy **** I'm as good as dead". BAD GAME, DON'T BUY IT! Expand
  73. Jan 26, 2013
    Unfortunately, I was unable to fully enjoy Diablo III due to the server side errors. Poor administration aside, the gameplay was incredibly dumbed down -- to WoW levels. No longer can you customize your character's attributes! It's all about GEAR now. Any two members of the same class and level are now 100% identical. Sure, they can change their talents, but you can do that at any time.Unfortunately, I was unable to fully enjoy Diablo III due to the server side errors. Poor administration aside, the gameplay was incredibly dumbed down -- to WoW levels. No longer can you customize your character's attributes! It's all about GEAR now. Any two members of the same class and level are now 100% identical. Sure, they can change their talents, but you can do that at any time. The only separating faction is gear. Blizzard clearly did this to support their real-money auction house. The always-on connection is also very upsetting if you're looking for a single player game. Overall, I'd stay away. It's much closer to WoW than to Diablo II. Expand
  74. Jan 30, 2013
    Diablo 3. This game is nothing more than a case study showing how putrid some commercialized AAA sequels have become within the game industry. The sequel to Diablo II you see here today is a game made without respect to the franchise on which it was based. I can`t believe how stupid Blizzard was in forgetting all the hard learned lessons of Diablo 2. That game had almost a decade to beDiablo 3. This game is nothing more than a case study showing how putrid some commercialized AAA sequels have become within the game industry. The sequel to Diablo II you see here today is a game made without respect to the franchise on which it was based. I can`t believe how stupid Blizzard was in forgetting all the hard learned lessons of Diablo 2. That game had almost a decade to be brewed to perfection, then they tossed out the batch tore up the recipe and decided that making D3 from scratch was the best way to move forward. Boy what a mistake that was.

What makes Diablo 3 so bad? It is worse than its predecessor in almost every category. Leveling is thoughtless and one-dimensional, skills are drip-fed to you pre-determined and there no way to spec stats. The class-specific resource pools which replaced mana largely failed to alter gameplay and probably diluted it further. The 6 skill limit feels very artificial and constrictive, especially when you are given skills with 60 sec cooldowns. The 4 player limit per game is laughably behind the times (Diablo 1 anyone?) and completely fails to make Diablo 3 a game with serious online presence. It's fine and dandy they thought 4 players was the max action the screen could handle, but where are the 20+ player trade games? Where are the pvp arena's we were promised? Where are these communal points of interest where people can show off gear, trade, duel and chat as any proper online rpg should have? Where are the endless dungeons? There was a total lack of vision in the online and multiplayer department, Diablo 3 had so much potential! I could go on...the linear itemization system of D3 is far outclassed by the multi-dimensional item library of its Diablo 2. No +skills, set items, mana stat, procs on hit, runewords, socketing quests or horadric cube - D3's items are a desert where only main stat, DPS and vitality exist.

Don't get me wrong. The gameplay is tight and fun while the pastel graphics grow on you eventually. Hopping in and out of games with friends is brisk, but falls short in not allowing you to swap between acts or browse and join games according to your needs. But the flaws outweigh the good stuff by a large margin. And you know what Blizzard did with Diablo 3's inherent design flaws? They doubled it. The last act is just terrible and was obviously made in a huge rush. Then they created the RMAH which destroyed the game before it even had a chance to prove itself. Creating a real money economy and establishing pay-to-win incentives as the only way to beat the games core design (cough; inferno) was a terrible mistake. Letting people buy character power with money was the ultimate cause of D3's downfall - it destroyed trading and turned D3 into an online market simulator. If Blizzard wanted to sell items that bad, they should have sold cosmetic items like wings, dyes, pets, trophies, wings or whatever just like they do in WoW. Then the story - a complete steaming pile of fresh doodoo that trampled upon the awesomeness that was Diablo 2. Chris Metzen single handedly destroyed all premise of the dark and cool which D1 and D2 embodied. For the whole game your "hero" plays second fiddle as you follow a teenage girls brazen whims while the world around you is coming to an end. As an additional slap to the face of fans they turned Diablo himself from a devil who thunders "not even death can save you from me" into a incessantly annoying b!tch who teases you with amateur punch-lines. All the other bosses act the same. Oh and to top it all off the cow level was removed and replaced with a fairyland containing rainbows and skipping unicorns. All this in the world of Diablo - it's embarrassing. This all feels like a real-life horror story. A dark, amazing game franchise cherished by millions has been horridly warped into a teenage chasing, unicorn jumping travesty of its former self. Make no mistake, D3 is a modern failure among AAA games. Nobody would have thought it would come from a company like Blizzard, but it did. Jay Wilson leaving the project offer only a modicum of hope - this game needs 3 expansions and at least 5 years of development before it has any chance of healing its flaws. Blizzard didn't sell 10 million copies of Diablo 3, they sold 10 million copies of the sequel to Diablo 2. I have never seen a franchise so decimated by poor development and handicapped decision-making. RIP Diablo, you will be sorely missed.
  75. Feb 21, 2013
    Unfortunately Diablo 3 fails in every aspect except cinematics. you have to use auction house because after hours and hours of playing you cant even find anything good unless u re very lucky.wheres the thrill of item hunting like diablo 2? always crap items with useless stats.the game forces you to use auction house and after sometime it becomes gold grinding lets say something aboutUnfortunately Diablo 3 fails in every aspect except cinematics. you have to use auction house because after hours and hours of playing you cant even find anything good unless u re very lucky.wheres the thrill of item hunting like diablo 2? always crap items with useless stats.the game forces you to use auction house and after sometime it becomes gold grinding lets say something about gameplay, there is nothing you can manage or control in inferno mode.everthings choatic ,hit and run elite packs and then be one shotted for crap items.
    itemization and stats are really pain in a.. and about talents very shallow and you have to use certain builds for most effective results.
  76. ika
    Mar 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Poor storyline. Some quests are very similar to ones from D1. The whole game is built around the gear for the character and auction house. I was bored after an hour of playing. Not recommended. Expand
  77. Mar 5, 2013
    DRM blows. Why do I need to be online to play in single player? Numerous balance issues and problems with maintenance making it difficult to even logon play. The graphics are cartoon-like. Game play is mind numbing repetitive. This is not Diablo! The Real Money Auction House... oh come on I just paid for the game. Blizzard really messed this up. Yet another great series ruined.
  78. Mar 5, 2013
    Look! Hidden footprints! Terrible writing, terrible gameplay (my wizard has to run (kiting) all the time, it's a joke), terribly small and repetitive, but worst of all is the DRM scheme. Go Error 37 yourself Blizzard- your reputation is now destroyed- you'll be gone inside of 5 years.
  79. Mar 6, 2013
    Fundamental flaws on the game system. Absolutely zero customization on your character thanks to the primary stats.
    1000 armor 999999 dex item on barbarian? ****
    1000 armor 500 vit item on barbarian? OMG BEST ITEM EVAR.

Oh. And bad connection disconnects you from your own game.
  80. Mar 18, 2013
    on 12 yeras them make same game :S how can people accept that? I dont buy "next" diablo beacuse them sell bad games for full price better buy torchlight 2
  81. May 22, 2013
    The good: graphics
    The good: graphics
    The bad: pretty much everything else. itemization is garbage. always online DRM for a single player game is a joke. Their flimsy excuse that it's to stop botters and cheaters is a farce, as the game is rampant with botters/exploiters/duper. 4 player only? 6 skills at a time? designed with console in mind. no skill tree, no character customization, mostly useless skills leading to no build diversity. terrible story which you're forced to repeat forever. A supposed ACTION rpg without much action. cooldowns? seriously? This is what happens when you have WoW designers work on the game instead of the original D2 team.

A lot of features of D2 were left out. (jewels, runes, runewords, cubing, secondary weapons etc etc) It's a massive step back in so many ways, and it's pathetic that they couldn't come up with anything new, and have to save old features for an expansion.

The worst problem of all is that the whole game is designed around the rmah, to generate revenue. It is the single most retarded decision they could have made. Having the rmah itself isn't bad. People would have spent money on the game on 3rd party sites anyway. But designing the game and drops based around rmah destroyed the game and any fun factor it could have had. The drop rates are abysmal, and there is no way to really find your own items. The poor itemization means 99.99% of what you find are garbage. Rarely do you find something that can even be sold for a pittance. Even the few good items are garbage without great rolls. It's a loot based game without loot. As many people have said, it should be called "auction house adventures"

a couple of the patches have improved the game a bit, but don't amount to much more than a facelift. until they fix the core issues the game can only be considered terrible.
  82. Jun 2, 2013
    Wanted this to be great so much but bought it on release day and a week into it I didn't see any point in playing. Played it for the most part for the story and it was very very very bland. Story was overly predictable and weak. Gameplay is good but repetitive like D2 which wasn't bad cause the loot kept u playing but in D3 the drops for your character are horrendous which leads me toWanted this to be great so much but bought it on release day and a week into it I didn't see any point in playing. Played it for the most part for the story and it was very very very bland. Story was overly predictable and weak. Gameplay is good but repetitive like D2 which wasn't bad cause the loot kept u playing but in D3 the drops for your character are horrendous which leads me to believe you are curbed to use the auction house I never did. I never bought items in D2 and never felt the need to with D3. As a huge fan of the franchise i'm just disappointed. No skill tree or skill points? D3 seemed to try and be too mainstream to me. Instead of staying true for all of us that waited on this game for so many years. Expand
  83. Nov 1, 2013
    What else could be said about this unfortunate game that everyone else didn't do already? All of the good things from it predecessors are lost. The essence of an ARPG is nowhere to be found. You can't even change your freaking language. Another beloved franchise is ruined and you should be playing PoE instead. DON'T BUY DIABLO 3, seriously, it's a waste of money
  84. Apr 20, 2014
    Too much soap, cartoon engine. Don't waste your time and money on this game. It's not even close to Diablo 2 or even Diablo 1. Blizzard is just trying to use it's famous title to milk customers.
  85. May 15, 2012
    I dislike this game profusely - it consists entirely of Ctrl-V, Enter, and dodging the "Error 37" and "Error 75" mobs. I was expecting more originality and WAY better graphics.
    Oh yea, the story line sucks.
  86. r_d
    May 15, 2012
    Always-online DRM is garbage.
    It adds no value to the game, and the botched launch clearly illustrates why we cannot trust it.

Demand offline/LAN play.
  87. May 17, 2012
    3.7 user score and 88 metascore just shows that there is indeed something wrong with this game. The fact that none of the big gaming sites and publications - GameSpot, IGN etc - have posted their reviews after three days is, at least, suspicious (maybe they just couldn't play enough since the servers are always down). The game not coming with PvP is another hint at how the quality of3.7 user score and 88 metascore just shows that there is indeed something wrong with this game. The fact that none of the big gaming sites and publications - GameSpot, IGN etc - have posted their reviews after three days is, at least, suspicious (maybe they just couldn't play enough since the servers are always down). The game not coming with PvP is another hint at how the quality of Blizzard games have started to wane. This game is not only a bad piece of entertainment, but a major sign that the beloved and reliable Blizzard is finally succumbing to greed and corporate antics. Expand
  88. May 17, 2012
    Viciously disappointed. The beauty and essence of the originals has been completely lost on these idiots. My god, do they not understand that the simple pleasure in playing the game was in the finding of that one item that would tilt the odds, the reaching of that one skill level that would give you the edge, and that the finding of the right combination of the two was in itself soViciously disappointed. The beauty and essence of the originals has been completely lost on these idiots. My god, do they not understand that the simple pleasure in playing the game was in the finding of that one item that would tilt the odds, the reaching of that one skill level that would give you the edge, and that the finding of the right combination of the two was in itself so satisfying that any shortfalls in other areas of the game were completely overlooked?
    There is no magic here. Just right click. No value in the item you find. No care for the skill level you might achieve. Just hack. and slash. and wonder how Blizzard lost it so badly.
  89. May 17, 2012
    Blizzard has had TWELVE YEARS to deliver a solid performance and failed. The first indication of failure is the setup/launcher failure to actually install the game! Seriously? You really screwed up the INSTALLER? Activision-Blizzard, if you are not embarrassed by this, you should be. Second, common sense dictates when you release a totally online game you make ABSOLUTELY sure yourBlizzard has had TWELVE YEARS to deliver a solid performance and failed. The first indication of failure is the setup/launcher failure to actually install the game! Seriously? You really screwed up the INSTALLER? Activision-Blizzard, if you are not embarrassed by this, you should be. Second, common sense dictates when you release a totally online game you make ABSOLUTELY sure your servers are ready! What? You only expected 150 people to actually buy the game? FAIL, FAIL, FAIL! Updated graphics and sound do not make this a worthwhile sequel, just pretty. As Tommy Boy said, Expand
  90. May 17, 2012
    This is the worst flop of the decade. DRM servers and no offline play. Hackers please fix this. And on top of all the BS their support will not even work or help you. They close out support tickets saying your problem is fixed without doing anything. They answer the phone while you have been waiting for 40mins on hold by picking up and hanging up on you. Anyone who preordered shouldThis is the worst flop of the decade. DRM servers and no offline play. Hackers please fix this. And on top of all the BS their support will not even work or help you. They close out support tickets saying your problem is fixed without doing anything. They answer the phone while you have been waiting for 40mins on hold by picking up and hanging up on you. Anyone who preordered should get a refund now!! Expand
  91. May 17, 2012
    The need for a constant internet connection and the fact their servers CONTINUE to drop has just disgusted me.

Aside from that, no original content, zero character customization. Absolutely no replay value. If you haven't purchased this game yet, wait until it hits the value bin, you won't have to wait long
  92. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a rehash of Diablo 2 game mechanics wise, all that has changed is the progression has been simplified for people and the art style has changed towards WoW. There has been no innovation, even after a decade. Diablo 2 had it's flaws, absolutely none were fixed and although very few, more were introduced.
    This game is as shallow as they come. The only thing it does well is give
    This game is as shallow as they come. The only thing it does well is give you a great sense of progression, blizzard has captured how to do this exceptionally, and I hate to put it like this, but essentially the game provides fake fun On top of this, they promised the new way of progression would leave us with all kinds of builds and unique ways to end up. This is not true, all people have been building the same as they level up, then when it gets to 30-60 you have only 2-3 builds to choose from per character (unless you want to choose something... thats obvious nonsense....)
    This game is worth $60 if money is literally dirt to you.

[Server lag and AFK timeouts in my single player experience]
  93. May 20, 2012
    As an Australian player, this game is nearly unplayable. I'm stuck with a ping that averages 600, which makes combat sluggish, ugly, and playing multi-player with friends causes severe lag spikes which are absolutely disgusting.

Blizzard used to be a company I had a bit of respect for, but their abuse of everyone that isn't American paints them as a bunch of elitist pigs that the world would be better without.

I mean, EA included Australian servers for SWTOR, but Blizzard? Blizzard are now scum of the gaming world. **** Blizzard.
  94. May 20, 2012
    A really great game... if it was playable. Great graphics, great optimization, great story-telling, awesome atmosphere and gameplay...
    but horrid on-line experience (can't connect, server under maintenance, horrid lag spike...)
    Blizzard knew people were already upset about the lack of an off-line mode, yet they failed to deliver a stable on-line play.
  95. May 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a new player to Diablo franchise or even to Blizzard games, I didn't really know what to expect. I only knew it is about fighting monsters, gathering loot and so on. The way gameplay is made is kinda... weird, to be honest. First you obtain an account on so-called battle.net, then you use it to log-in in game. After you do it, monster cards begin to appear, each in nice rectangular frame and labelled with name like "error 37" or so. They also have a nice flavor text. If they appear it means that you have logged too slow and the monster has won. There is quite a variety of enemies, varying in effects and how quickly they kill. The 37 is most common one. 10001 tends to spawn along with 3000008. 12 is a fun one, requires the player to change his "build" in options menu. If the player manages to kill the monster, they can create a character (which is werid, shouldn't it be done BEFORE the actual fight?), and they can take it to fight with other cards. I have yet to beat 3004 and 3006, those are nasty. Balance is weird. 33 is unbeatable. 37 is very common one, easy to beat with typing quick enough. 300008 is rare and weak. I would have nothing against the number indicating how powerful is the encountered mob. 33 is close to 37 and yet they are completely diffrent.

Overall I am not sure if I like this novel approach to card-based gameplay, but hey, thats Blizzard. Those guys surely know how to make a good game. In the end, however, the point of a review is to tell how much reviewer likes the game and its particular aspects. Gameplay gets 2 big, bad 2 for me - unique for sure, but in the end boring. Quite time consuming, too, and I don't feel any sense of progress, though, beating a 10001 feels good for sure!

Graphics are nice, there is an animated background. It does not fit the fighting errors theme, I think something more related to computers would be better. The same can be said about music. 6 for both - Nice, but not fitting.

It is said that the game has some form of multiplayer - I don't really understand how to use it.

So, in the end: unique card game which is quite hard to understand properly. Massive flaws in balance of particular cards, also gets boring after some time.
  96. May 20, 2012
    what kind of company makes a game and forces single player to connect to a server and then take the European servers down at peak time on a Sunday when most people will want to play?
    Hopefully a company that very soon will be going insolvent when it loses its fan base. Let's hope Torchlight 2 do better than this and take all Blizzard's customers.
  97. ran
    May 20, 2012
    This game is just ridiculous I cant understand how could it be that you not only need to connect to the internet in order to play singelplayer, but it also BLOCK you from using it because too many people around the world, simultaneously, are using the same product. Blizzard is actually defying the terms of the game- the costumer pay, and then play. In this case, the costumer not onlyThis game is just ridiculous I cant understand how could it be that you not only need to connect to the internet in order to play singelplayer, but it also BLOCK you from using it because too many people around the world, simultaneously, are using the same product. Blizzard is actually defying the terms of the game- the costumer pay, and then play. In this case, the costumer not only paying more then any other game, but also get a limited access for his game. Awfull. Expand
  98. HiD
    May 20, 2012
    I can hardly connect to the game, and when I can I just experience insane lags... The game is unplayable..even is solo, because of the need ot be online in order to play the game...
  99. May 20, 2012
    Nothing new in this game, its very very easy, simple point and click and that's about it. You will spend most of your time actually trying to get logged into the game even for single player!
    Most disappointed I've ever been with a game, played it for 3 days now and I'm tired of it.
  100. May 21, 2012
    Dumbed down and disappointing and downright dull. The DRM is a dick move. Hard to believe this game has been in development for a year let alone a decade. Too easy and too short and the story was just some hack job. Terrible game.

1. Aug 31, 2012