Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 23, 2012
    Beautifully crafted game play and stunning visuals... but that's where it stops. This game has missed the mark on so many levels. It pains me to dislike it as much as I do. The storyline was weak, there is ZERO social aspect to battle.net 2.0 (probably because it would open the possibility of trading outside of the Auction House). This game now revolves around the auction house. This isBeautifully crafted game play and stunning visuals... but that's where it stops. This game has missed the mark on so many levels. It pains me to dislike it as much as I do. The storyline was weak, there is ZERO social aspect to battle.net 2.0 (probably because it would open the possibility of trading outside of the Auction House). This game now revolves around the auction house. This is not a worthy member of the Diablo series. An utter disappointment. Expand
  2. Oct 19, 2012
    After enjoying D2 years ago and years of waiting I must admit I'm disappointed. Don't know if time passed by Diablo or something else, but this game is BOOORING!! I hardly managed to play 2-3 hours and then went to cry for my money. Don't think I'll be back playing this anymore. Maybe I should give it change to get better but this 3 hours was too much... Feels like I played 30 hours.
  3. May 15, 2012
    the worst first person shooter I've ever played
    cant even log in, and i even stood in line for at least two hours to pay for this dont waste your money
    BLIZZARD IS FINISHED
  4. May 15, 2012
    I am Blizzard's complete and utter incompetence. I am many closed betas, an open beta, and a stress test that all amounted to nothing. I am the customer's disappointment, frustration, and wasted time. I am the reason why every single person who purchased Diablo 3 should be able to attain a refund if they so please.
  5. May 15, 2012
    Here is a series of bad decisions and inexcusable failure. Whoever thought always online DRM should be a requirement is an idiot and should be fired . Never mind that the company doing it runs the largest and most successful MMO in the world but they can't handle the login servers for a single player game. Up until now my only actual experience with the game has been attending a midnightHere is a series of bad decisions and inexcusable failure. Whoever thought always online DRM should be a requirement is an idiot and should be fired . Never mind that the company doing it runs the largest and most successful MMO in the world but they can't handle the login servers for a single player game. Up until now my only actual experience with the game has been attending a midnight release to pick up a collectors edition, finding out I need to wait three hours anyway until they decide to open the servers, entering my password for two hours, giving up and going to sleep and waking up to find I still can not log in. If this is "fun" then the hell with Blizzard. I used to be a massive Blizzard fan but I won't be buying any more of their products by the look of it, they're no longer trustworthy and their "when it's done" attitude has just become and excuse to take years to release what amounts to a shabby and inferior product anyway. Expand
  6. May 15, 2012
    seriously didnt think it would fail so bad but defo get the lowest review from me epic fail didnt play anything the last 6 months and was really looking forward to this -1 thing to do turn it back in and get a refund see Blizz still fails like this was the first release they ever did !
  7. May 15, 2012
    Man, I can log into the game. First I could then I couldnt and then I could again and now its down so long it aint funny! They knew what was going to happen and still they blame us paying customers for their crap!
  8. May 15, 2012
    Utter rubbish. It's been hours now since EU launch and the servers aren't working and there's absolutely no response from any EU Blizzard reps. Don't buy this game.
  9. May 15, 2012
    With all the hype people put behind it you expect something...more = I haven't waited this long but there people waited over 10 years for this game and for it to be pretty much reskin of D2 with some of the stuff people enjoy the most taken out is meh =
  10. May 15, 2012
    I took the day off from work and still have not played the game for one minute after 14 hours of trying. This is the last time I will ever buy anything from Blizzard.
  11. May 15, 2012
    Login servers required for a game that doesn't need multiplayer, login server which are down.
    And game stops after a few secs. of playing, issue already found during beta.

Well done blizz, well done.
  12. May 15, 2012
    Unplayable. Pure garbage for a single player game that is forced to be online to have servers that don't work. I know this is the last Blizzard game I'll waste my money on.
  13. May 15, 2012
    commercialized crap that users can't even play... which sums it up. It's never been a good idea for any online pvp game to sell things for real money that will make your character stronger. Bad for the community, bad for gaming as a whole. And they didn't even make the effort to use stable servers.
  14. May 15, 2012
    Fails to deliver the experience because nearly half the time the servers are either lagging, full, or just straight out shut down...Music on the other hand does a good job and helps you forgive the developers for a rough start...No singleplayer....4 Players max per game compared to 8 in Diablo II...
  15. May 15, 2012
    Were they not expecting a large number of logins on launch day? They had plenty of time to prepare for launch day and they still royally fuked it up.
  16. May 15, 2012
    when im playing single player and i see "server is shutting down in 15 minutes" come across the screen and sure enough 15 minutes later i am kicked out of my game... why do i need to be online to play single player and why wasnt this already known server capacity issue solved when they stress tested during the beta test....
  17. May 15, 2012
    Great job Blizzard. Just got my Collectors Edition in the mail and I can't play it because of the DRM that you've implemented. If you're going to put DRM in a game, you sure as well better be able to handle people logging in. Can't even play offline.

I'm sure the game is good, but you can't rate what you can't play on launch day.
  18. May 15, 2012
    The game is fair, but the launch earns this 0. I just lost all of my achievements, and now I'll have to do all of the quests on nightmare that I was looking forward to skipping. Great work guys.
  19. May 15, 2012
    As a single player game,it require network connection and it lag a lot.
    By the wayï¼
  20. May 16, 2012
    Objectively, the game is perhaps slightly better than the 3 I've given it (even then, no better than a 5/10).
    The reason for my final score, is that as a longtime fan of the franchise I am apalled at the direction that was taken with this installment. Streamlined does not mean good. Appealing to the lowest denominator does not mean good, even if it brings in more money. This business, the video game business is neither fast food nor popmusic. You're supposed to have standards as well as profit. If your investors don't understand that, then you're all outta luck, because I couldn't care less about your relations with them.
    I won't even go into the always online, short campaign debacle, because enough was said by others. But the terrible, dumbed down game design is what disappointed me most.
  21. May 16, 2012
    Didn't have any problems logging into the game servers, so not really an issue for me there... BUT... Alright, I'll just sum up the base mechanics of the game for you; hover your mouse over something that moves, hold down a mouse button, when the moving thing dies move on, find something new that moves and repeat the above mentioned process... It's a game alright, well at least kind of. OfDidn't have any problems logging into the game servers, so not really an issue for me there... BUT... Alright, I'll just sum up the base mechanics of the game for you; hover your mouse over something that moves, hold down a mouse button, when the moving thing dies move on, find something new that moves and repeat the above mentioned process... It's a game alright, well at least kind of. Of course this isn't that different from the old Diablo games, but this is 2012, it's a AAA-title AND the retail price was, well, outrageous compared to the content paid for... This kind of reminds me of playing tower defense games on my smartphone, only in this game you have only ome tower (you), and the innovative part is that YOU CAN MOVE... Woah... Buy it, play it, love it or hate it, but in my opinion you'd get the same thrill from playing whack-a-mole... Well close to the same thrill anyways... Expand
  22. May 16, 2012
    Not a good game at all- I was playing tonight and lost connection while clearing a dungeon, that loss of connection for that second had me redo the clearing of the whole dungeon again, i had to restart that part all over again!, I was like wth! what happens if you have a major boss fight and you lose your connection! Then it happened again, then i was brought to the main screen with aNot a good game at all- I was playing tonight and lost connection while clearing a dungeon, that loss of connection for that second had me redo the clearing of the whole dungeon again, i had to restart that part all over again!, I was like wth! what happens if you have a major boss fight and you lose your connection! Then it happened again, then i was brought to the main screen with a message saying server shutting down! and there was no news in the news box to announce it!

The graphics are not bad but not spectacular either. You lost a lot of the customization from the previous games. I really hope that blizzard learns a harsh lesson from this and realize that fans posting here are not trolls just out to bash the game but gamers with serious gripes about how the game is handled right now. And i do hope that people reading this realize that the high scores done by the pros are or course sugarcoated and they would never decrease the rating of this game due to it being a cash cow of publicity for them on their site since Diablo ads are plastered over most of them.

The game has its merit but i have seen way better game that got barely any praise but were as better than this. Titan Quest comes to mind! yes i said and i am pluggin it in. Want a good Diablo clone that does not force you to be online. Then buy Titan Quest and the expansion and you will be rewarded with long hours of pure fun. More than this game will ever give out without you having to shell more money to make it longer.

I can see this game die a quick death after most people have done one walkthru... i am sorry if it looks like i am all over the place with this but there is so many things done wrong with the game. It had potential but Blizzard decide to ------ this game out instead of making a proper sequel, The people who made the decision about this game should go. Otherwise Blizzard is gonna go down the drain on their other games othen than WoW.
  23. May 16, 2012
    Yeah, If I could actually get on and play you might get a better score. I upsets me to no end that I need to be online and logged in to play a single player game. I am not even remotely interested in the multi-player experience and here I am 2 days after release with a game I haven't been able to play, yet you already have my money. When will these companies learn that DRM doesn't helpYeah, If I could actually get on and play you might get a better score. I upsets me to no end that I need to be online and logged in to play a single player game. I am not even remotely interested in the multi-player experience and here I am 2 days after release with a game I haven't been able to play, yet you already have my money. When will these companies learn that DRM doesn't help your bottom line, it hurts you in the long run. You don't deserve my loyalty or my money anymore. You have showed what your company is about it's money and not your customer. Expand
  24. May 16, 2012
    Unbelievable that a company would be arrogant enough to load up their game with DRM in an unprecedented way, and then fail to anticipate 2 days worth of server problems upon release. This is unforgivable. To demand that I be online to play a single player campaign that I just paid $59.99 for, and then make it impossible to be online. I hope that people savage Blizzard for this, I hopeUnbelievable that a company would be arrogant enough to load up their game with DRM in an unprecedented way, and then fail to anticipate 2 days worth of server problems upon release. This is unforgivable. To demand that I be online to play a single player campaign that I just paid $59.99 for, and then make it impossible to be online. I hope that people savage Blizzard for this, I hope that there are lawsuits, I hope that Blizzard does something to make it up to us. I can't even review the game, BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY IT. This game appears to be a poor rehash of a game that came out a decade ago. And yet they still feel that they can impose any DRM that they wish. If frustration were people..I'd be China. Expand
  25. May 16, 2012
    I'm just scoring low so hopefully Blizzard will wake up and realize that no one likes DRM, and no one wants 10 expansions until they make the next one...
    Buy to win ****
    **** lame man...Just lame.
  26. May 18, 2012
    Firstly, the story is so terrible that cant be more. I beat the game in 4 hours, so the length of the game sounds like not-funny joke. Graphics are just like WoW, or some 2003 game with the exception of skill sequences, they are really cool so it's the 1 point for it.The bosses are just joke too, they are extremely easy to kill. Everything depends on loot. System of skills is senseless,Firstly, the story is so terrible that cant be more. I beat the game in 4 hours, so the length of the game sounds like not-funny joke. Graphics are just like WoW, or some 2003 game with the exception of skill sequences, they are really cool so it's the 1 point for it.The bosses are just joke too, they are extremely easy to kill. Everything depends on loot. System of skills is senseless, and the DRM is just icing on the cake. Cant play, problems with login and everything. Is it really the game for which we were waiting for 10 years?! Expand
  27. May 20, 2012
    Ne pas avoir de mode hors ligne quand on veux jouer solo est tout simplement honteux.
    Ensuite, Merci beaucoup blizzard pour le manque de communication (arrête des serveurs dans 10 minutes, puis un bref message sur le forum et c'est tout).
    C'est vraiment dommage car pour le reste ce jeu s'annoncent tout simplement génial.
  28. May 20, 2012
    This is a great game even if it's unoriginal and a hack-job of its predecessor. You can't screw up Diablo even if your company is a corporatist shell of its former self. The graphics are fine, physics look cool, gameplay is the same fast-paced kill-fest that the last two games were. I can't comment on the story since I can't play the game for more than 10 minutes without getting kickedThis is a great game even if it's unoriginal and a hack-job of its predecessor. You can't screw up Diablo even if your company is a corporatist shell of its former self. The graphics are fine, physics look cool, gameplay is the same fast-paced kill-fest that the last two games were. I can't comment on the story since I can't play the game for more than 10 minutes without getting kicked off the server. Frankly, I am offended by Blizzard's launch performance, especially since I specifically waited five days so as not to be caught up in the inevitable first day fiasco that characterizes any online game launch. Let's not even get into the fact that this is supposed to be a single player game. Above grief aside, I give this an 8. Expand
  29. Jun 4, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a shallow experience, If the game price was 20 dollars i would score it a 7. but the premium price should have a premium experience. The terrible launch day was one thing, DRM is another, and Jay Wilson is another reason D3 fails. The incorporation of so much WoW is pretty bad, the lack of skills, the lack of character creation as you level is pathetic in an ARPG. All in all aDiablo 3 is a shallow experience, If the game price was 20 dollars i would score it a 7. but the premium price should have a premium experience. The terrible launch day was one thing, DRM is another, and Jay Wilson is another reason D3 fails. The incorporation of so much WoW is pretty bad, the lack of skills, the lack of character creation as you level is pathetic in an ARPG. All in all a very canned linear experience is only broken up by tedious loot grinding, that is ruined by an auction house, that is ruined by goldfarmers. D3 is a poorly executed WoW clone, that lacks a rich multiplayer experience. All of the customers have spoken, and most of them are saying BOO!!! (excluding the WoW fanboys.) In closing I would like to say that D3 is not just a flop, it was an attempt to capatalize on the biggest name in PC gaming. An epic failure to be sure, when the only people who are happy are the ones that left WoW to play. Expand
  30. Apr 26, 2013
    i bought that game on pre-sale, played it about 3/4 weeks and never open ir again. Why? Diablo 3 spotted the Diablo brand. Shame on you Blizzard, i was your fan. Why make the system too simplistic? Diablo 3 spell system is designed for a kid.

The auction system has complete destroyed the entire game. The campaign are so quickly and repetitive.
  31. Jul 25, 2013
    After playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game isAfter playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game is frustrating to play. The terrible repetition makes me really sick. Poor game design. The game looks like only for elemental school kids. Expand
  32. Sep 26, 2013
    the core of a arpg is gone in this game look for it to get better in 2014 with the rmah an the gah leaving the game everything in this game is well done but the core of the game is gone so i give it a 4.
  33. Nov 18, 2013
    Its just not the game I was expecting. They shouldn't have even called it Diablo. This could be its own game with how different it is from D2.
    I like deep immersive game play, and Diablo 3 just runs short. The game feels scheduled, and I don't like that.
  34. Nov 19, 2013
    I loved Diablo 2 and the LoD expansion, but this game is just a flimsy shell of a once great franchise. Removal of LAN mode and offline single player mode, all in the name of reducing piracy rates, is just appalling. I have constant lag while playing alone, and the servers are down for maintenance nearly every weekend when I want to play (2am-5am). PS3 version has offline mode, why can't the PC?
  35. Dec 14, 2013
    Fun if you are a first timer to this genre, repetitive mindless hack slash otherwise. I liked this game a lot until I noticed that I had to be connected to the internet to play it even single player. So this game has lot of DRM (digital rights mgmt), which means that you may pay full price for the game, but the game is never truly yours to own, because it is constantly dependent on aFun if you are a first timer to this genre, repetitive mindless hack slash otherwise. I liked this game a lot until I noticed that I had to be connected to the internet to play it even single player. So this game has lot of DRM (digital rights mgmt), which means that you may pay full price for the game, but the game is never truly yours to own, because it is constantly dependent on a valid log in to the developers servers. One day someone hacked my game acct. and they closed the game down on, after-which Blizzard (game developer) sent me an email stating that if I want to keep playing I have to but a completely new copy of the game. I thought that was very disrespectful considering that game security is their responsibility. I advise buying a similar game on steam or origin to avoid it getting taken away from you, because as it turns out Blizzard gets hacked a lot and therefore shuts down many innocent costumer's accts. but keeps all royalties for themselves. Expand
  36. Dec 24, 2013
    Once you reach level 60 and you get good gear game gets booooooring. Specially when u play over and over again on same acts, Act 1 is the best in my oppinion, 2 was ok, 3 was mixed feelings and 4 is disaster, short and crap. first 2 acts has a bit of a story the rest was kill kill kill and kill the diablo done. It is way easier to get a good gear now then it was published. Now there's anOnce you reach level 60 and you get good gear game gets booooooring. Specially when u play over and over again on same acts, Act 1 is the best in my oppinion, 2 was ok, 3 was mixed feelings and 4 is disaster, short and crap. first 2 acts has a bit of a story the rest was kill kill kill and kill the diablo done. It is way easier to get a good gear now then it was published. Now there's an expansion coming out which will make game more interesting and probably more fun to play but the price is way overpriced 40$ 40€ which is worst for EU). Anyway I don't think this game scored more then 3/10 with expansion 7/10 probably. Blizzard is kinda rip of with their pricing strategy and turned a "OK" game into "Disaster". I wont recommend players purchasing much money on expansion, maybe wait for its price to drop then purchase. Expand
  37. Dec 27, 2013
    Diablo II is one of my favorite games and certainly the game I spent most time on, so I had certain expectations for this game and sadly it disappointed many of those.

The good: * The graphics and in-game interface are great. There's really not much to complain about here: The game looks good and the interface has many comfort features that make managing the items and character very

The good:
    * The graphics and in-game interface are great. There's really not much to complain about here: The game looks good and the interface has many comfort features that make managing the items and character very easy.

The bad:
    * Always online. There's no point in making a game that can be played alone need an internet connection. Also, the servers (Europe) have a very poor performance, even a year after the release.
    * No character customization. No stat points, no skill points. Once you're level 60, there's no reason to play the same character class again. Which leads directly to the next point:
    * No replayability. If you want your character different, you can just change the skills and items. The story is boring and the maps are always the same, too, so that doesn't exactly help.
    * Max level is too low. Absolutely stupid decision to make 60 the max level. They tried to fix it with the paragon levels, but that's just a small patch for a completely broken leveling system. Of course there will be higher levels in the expansion, why else would players buy it? Totally sad marketing strategy.
    * No ladder. Seriously? The ladder and the competition and friends that came with it was one of the greatest things about Diablo II.
    * Only 4 players per game and no open PvP.
    * No custom game names and very bad lobby interface (thanks to consoles). To create or join a game, you need to select difficulty, monster power, act and quest. That gives you about a million different combinations and with only a few thousand players online, chances are your game will be empty. All that, because consoles don't have a keyboard. Great.
    * Boring and predictable story. Not that an ARPG needs a great story, but they f*cked it up nonetheless by trying too hard.
    * No random outdoor maps. I can run through most of the game with the eyes closed by now, because the maps are always the same, except for a few randomized spots.
    * Real money auction house. The auction house is great, but including real money was a bad and greedy choice by Blizzard. Players didn't like it so instead of just removing the real money part, they will remove the whole auction house (no doubt because database queries require many servers and now that they don't make any more money with the auction house...). Greedy f*cks.
    * Removal of auction house in March 2014. Now players will get scammed on websites again when they trade items. Great.

All I really wanted was Diablo II with better graphics and interface. Diablo II had millions of fans for a good reason, but that wasn't good enough for Bli$$ard, so they went ahead and casualized the game to squeeze out every dollar they possibly can. I hope they noticed that it's going to bite them in the *ss in the long run.

The metacritic ratings tell the real story. Almost 9000 reviews. Average score 3.8. Yeah. Good f*cking job.
  38. Mar 13, 2014
    Just awful, was kind off enjoyable for the first few hours it took to run through the game. Then you realize it's always going to be the same linear piece of **** and you get a sour taste of hate and regret in your mouth.

After about a month I had entirely forgotten about it, and so had most other people. It's not memorable at all, it's bad. It has little to no replayabilty and is dumbed down so much that it doesn't even make sense to continue after you've tried out all your abilities. Not to mention the stupid DRM and what ever stupid decisions Blizzard decided to implement, I don't remember exactly what they were but I remember them being the dumbest thing I had heard in a long time at the time.

Goes to show that you cannot trust professional game reviewers.

Avoid at all cost
  39. Apr 4, 2014
    I think its fair to say that this game tanked bad, and their is no coming back to the high score that Diablo 2 set back in the day. In fact the only game now that comes close to that type of game play is Path of Exile. This game deserves only a zero anyone else who score above that has no respect for themselves and like have not played since the First Diablo. The game Has gotten better nowI think its fair to say that this game tanked bad, and their is no coming back to the high score that Diablo 2 set back in the day. In fact the only game now that comes close to that type of game play is Path of Exile. This game deserves only a zero anyone else who score above that has no respect for themselves and like have not played since the First Diablo. The game Has gotten better now since the roll out of ROS and I rated it a 6 for fixing many issues with the game. In all I feel that the game has been ruined and they need to move on and retire all three of these giant titles. Lets do somethings fresh Blizzard I think many would agree that we are getting tired of **** games being released from big vendors like yourself. Expand
  40. May 17, 2012
    Oh Blizzard, what have you done? Back in the day, I was a huge fan of D2 and Lord of Destruction, but this... Number 1, the graphics and entire environment look like a cartoon. Gone is the dark, creepy, brooding feel of D1/D2. Undead are no longer scary; they're just noisy targets that explode quite comically when you bludgeon them. This game reminds me of WoW, and I don't play WoW for aOh Blizzard, what have you done? Back in the day, I was a huge fan of D2 and Lord of Destruction, but this... Number 1, the graphics and entire environment look like a cartoon. Gone is the dark, creepy, brooding feel of D1/D2. Undead are no longer scary; they're just noisy targets that explode quite comically when you bludgeon them. This game reminds me of WoW, and I don't play WoW for a reason: it's whimsical. Silly. Carnival-esque. I like DARK fantasy, not magical gem-farting kobolds and Disney-level plot devices. Number 2, what the hell is up with a one-player game that forces you to play online? My hardware is far and above the recommended for this game, and I have a very reliable internet connection. Guess what I just did, though? Yep, lagged out and died. Finally - and I had a bad feeling about this one before even learning the true horror of its existence - pay-to-play items?! This is insulting. I know people used to do this kind of thing on eBay, but now Blizzard is trying to cash in with absurd user fees? I wonder how many companies in China were formed this week just to take advantage of this "feature." I was waiting for this game for a long time, and now I'm angry. This is basically betrayal, Blizzard. The only blessing I see here is that I'm one of the lucky few who played through the entire free demo and then read some online reviews...so my $60 hasn't gone down the drain yet. And won't. I'd rather spend it on something useful and gratifying, like cheese. Expand
  41. May 15, 2012
    How can you give this game a 10 when its unplayable you got jokes, this game has been up for three days in asia yet all we get is nonstop problems in America

jokes
  42. May 15, 2012
    This is a serious review with no spoilers.

Retard Game , Graphic all suck and sick, and don't anything good in Diabo3
    Graphic same 10 years ago , and story is too shot and epic fail ,

i very disappointment Diabo3
    RIP.
  43. May 30, 2012
    My previously review is good but after yesterday I got all day patch, today I have got error 37 all day, cant play at all. This is ridiculous. Wish I better spend money.
  44. May 18, 2012
    Since my first review was deleted(didn't contain any spoilers, nor inappropriate language), I'll keep this brief.
    If you loved D2, prepare for disappointment.
    If you've never played anything else in this genre, play anything else in this genre. Artstyle: grimdark cartoony(think WoW:Cataclysm) Writing: As regards quality of writing, nothing can be called good when it retcons so much from
    If you loved D2, prepare for disappointment.
    Artstyle: grimdark cartoony(think WoW:Cataclysm)
    Writing: As regards quality of writing, nothing can be called good when it retcons so much from the previous games
    Gameplay: standard gameplay of this genre, with the exception that character customization has been axed in favour of gear progression. Higher difficulties just mean bigger numbers.
  45. May 24, 2012
    1. We are on year 2012 "WE ARE ON YEAR 2012"
    2. These kind of games existed long ago, when diablo 2 was there, the best game you could play like diablo is MU online WHICH IS GRAPHICALLY HORRIBLE
    3. these games are horrible. 4. they could have invented something with more on sandbox open world, fully action diablo 3, which is on real 3rd person and can be switch to first person View,
    1. We are on year 2012 "WE ARE ON YEAR 2012"
    3. these games are horrible.
    4. they could have invented something with more on sandbox open world, fully action diablo 3, which is on real 3rd person and can be switch to first person View, Imagine, fighting giants, *skyrim like but not skyrim"
    5. they could have made something more innovative,
    6. the game doesnt appeal in my eyes
    7. its looks more like a typical move to click sh*t
    8. its really terrible
    9. SERIOUSLY? WILL YOU BUY THIS CRAP? I'D RATHER SPEND THAT MONEY ON GUILD WARS 2 or OTHER GAMES that has more innovative combat, and cool graphics.

I got nothing more to say, but diablo 3 is just blizzards scam to people.

AND NOTE TO EVERY DEVELOPER OUT THERE " PLEASE MAKE A BETTER GAME EVEN IT HAS A LOW BUDGET, TO MAKE SURE YOUR PEOPLE WILL APPRECIATE YOUR WORK"
  46. May 18, 2012
    A big disappointment for all of us who played DII for days on LAN. Blizzard has tried to please everyone who buys the game but the continual compromise leaves DII as the much superior game. The most damning thing I can say about Diablo III is that I will only play it once.
  47. May 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3 is an average game and overall it is very disappointing. It is very short, the main game can be finished in 20 hours. Relying on repeat runs of the same game with difficulty settings changed feels like a cop out. Graphically the game is not impressive character sprites are small and difficult to see. The game play was very repetitive your abilities may vary but every character type is a killing machine and you essentially mow through similar looking monsters using the same abilities over and over from the beginning to the end with a few bosses in between to interrupt the monotony or boredom? that sets in. The story is average and it even rips off Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. At the end you feel unfulfilled and maybe even ripped off, did I just play an expansion or something? The cut scenes are gorgeous as expected and may be the best part of an average game for Blizzard. If it were any other company this game might deserve a 7 or 8 but by Blizzard standards this game is a 2 or worse. After 12 years is this the best they could do? Overall very disappointing. Expand
  48. May 23, 2012
    A load of hype that appears to have been derived from a purposefully low budget, toss-up of a game in order to make a quick profit. This company has lost all my respect.
  49. May 25, 2012
    RMAH, bugs, glitches, server problems, and possible security issues aside. Still bad gameplay. The developers had over 4 years to test this game. During that time, none of them could beat Inferno mode. 3 days after release, thousands of players from all around the world beat Inferno mode. What does this say about the game? I gave it a 1 because I thought the soundtrack and graphicsRMAH, bugs, glitches, server problems, and possible security issues aside. Still bad gameplay. The developers had over 4 years to test this game. During that time, none of them could beat Inferno mode. 3 days after release, thousands of players from all around the world beat Inferno mode. What does this say about the game? I gave it a 1 because I thought the soundtrack and graphics were decent. Expand
  50. May 15, 2012
    Was ready to log on after release. Then I got constant errors, my palms where sweaty, knees weak arms were heavy. Why have always online DRM ? I felt sick, vomit on my sweater... next to moms spaghetti
  51. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely abysmal. To pay £45 for a game and be unable to play the single player mode because they are an imbecile company who learn nothing from their previous highly anticipated launches.

Disgraceful fail. They don't even deserve to take on the Diablo legacy - it's not like any of hte same designers are involved anyway.
  52. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game requires Internet connectivity to play, even in single player mode ... and with Blizzard's servers offline, this means I cannot play. My hard earned money for a paperweight. Very not happy. Expand
  53. May 16, 2012
    The took everything that made diablo diablo and removed it. theres basically no character customization, you cant spend talent points, you cant choose which talents you want as you just get the next one available when you level, theres no button customization. They even took out the scrolls of TP and identify.....thats like not having your presents wraped at christmas time....essentiallyThe took everything that made diablo diablo and removed it. theres basically no character customization, you cant spend talent points, you cant choose which talents you want as you just get the next one available when you level, theres no button customization. They even took out the scrolls of TP and identify.....thats like not having your presents wraped at christmas time....essentially its an easy mode version of the game made for 12 year olds instead of the die hard fans like it should have been Expand
  54. May 16, 2012
    this will be my shortest review ever

WHAT A PIECE OF..... u know what i mean and as i said on guru 3d ppl deserve any trouble they get from the servers just because they are brainless automatons... they did not raise there voices for this crap of a drm
  55. May 16, 2012
    I am giving this one a zero, I feel I am being relatively generous with this score as well. This game is a sequel to what was a great game for this very reason Blizzard has made one of their worst games to date. They thought they could just roll through on a name -- think again. It is literally impossible to even get into the game with Blizzard's new multilayer only solution to DRM.I am giving this one a zero, I feel I am being relatively generous with this score as well. This game is a sequel to what was a great game for this very reason Blizzard has made one of their worst games to date. They thought they could just roll through on a name -- think again. It is literally impossible to even get into the game with Blizzard's new multilayer only solution to DRM. Blizzard and every other dev take this game as an example DO NOT use online as a DRM it is just being lazy learn better encryption then develop games. Now when you FINALLY get into this game you will notice the lacklustre game-play and graphics. Then once you have played for a day you will have beat the game already. This game has literally no playability. If it costed less or was free with 3-months(not a whole year sub) of Word of Warcraft things may be different. In the state that this game was released, sorry to say but it is utter garbage. Expand
  56. May 16, 2012
    Potentially great title, turned into a complete piece of crap. Can't play solo without playing online...all the time. And their servers are down...lately, all the time. If I wanted to play an MMO with plenty of server downtime, I would have bought WOW instead. I'm off to replay Torchlight, pick up Torchlight 2, and ask my credit card company how to get my money back.
  57. May 16, 2012
    I knew launch would be rough,. with so many people. I would excuse the DRM and full servers if I or anyone I know could even install and go fullscreen successfully. Honestly whatever this agent.exe is, its pure fail. Ive never had this sort of trouble and its not new, same issue with thier panda beta and the D3 beta, theyve had tons of time to fix this and just ignored it. There areI knew launch would be rough,. with so many people. I would excuse the DRM and full servers if I or anyone I know could even install and go fullscreen successfully. Honestly whatever this agent.exe is, its pure fail. Ive never had this sort of trouble and its not new, same issue with thier panda beta and the D3 beta, theyve had tons of time to fix this and just ignored it. There are hundreds of posts from months and months ago complaning about these same errors. I would not reccomend this game.

Its a freaking isometric game, it really shouildnt be that complicated.
  58. May 16, 2012
    Error 37/3003 in first day,Queueing in next day...I have to play a lag single online game.The traditional Chinese Edition use a font so small that hard to recognized. How should Blizzard believe the game worth 60 Dollars?
  59. May 16, 2012
    Oh dang, I just wasted $80. It's like you bought a Big Mac Meal at drive through, and opened the bag at home to find only a half-eaten Cheeseburger with no pickles.
  60. May 16, 2012
    Vote with your dollar. Don't buy a game that failed to transparently implement always online DRM. Not only does it disrupt play, but pirates were able to play on the 14th; the day before release.
    So only paying customers were disrupted. That kind of consumer disrespect is shameful for a company that owes its current stature to investing in its players to create long term fans.
    There is an

There is an argument that the online requirement is not DRM, but to protect the real money auction house. What that fails to account for is how simple it would be to exclude offline loot from eligibility on the auction. Just like how achievements work.

Anyway, if you require me to be online, Bliz, then I require you to be online.
  61. May 16, 2012
    Good Sound track..... that's bout it.heck, not even THAT great of a soundtrack. The graphics look pretty, but all this is, is a cross between WoW and Starcraft 2, that I can't even play because it won't let me log into the game. For the last two days, since it launched, I have been trying constantly to get on, and have succeeded for a grand total of 1 hour of game play. Go Blizzard...
  62. May 20, 2012
    I waited for a long time for this game, and re-played Diablo 2 recently to be sure Iâ
  63. Feb 27, 2013
    Changed my mind. I was one of the suckers defending this game, and the game itself is not so bad, except for one thing. Through "coincidence" I happened to stop the slider for one of their videos at around 10-13 seconds, and saw some guys sticking out their tongues at the camera and giving devil horns. Then a group of people standing behind the camera with trophies in their hands likeChanged my mind. I was one of the suckers defending this game, and the game itself is not so bad, except for one thing. Through "coincidence" I happened to stop the slider for one of their videos at around 10-13 seconds, and saw some guys sticking out their tongues at the camera and giving devil horns. Then a group of people standing behind the camera with trophies in their hands like laughing and glaring at the camera. If these guys want to play like this then they can go "screw" themselves. I hope these guys choke on their success. I'm boycotting their products, until this issue gets solved. The last thing we need is a group of bullies and jerks disrespecting their fans. Bye Blizzard. Have a nice fall. "Pricks." I would personally like to punch each one of these guys in the face now. Expand
  64. Aug 9, 2013
    Long time Diablo and Old Blizzard fan that had the unfortunate experience of playing this pay to win scam game in which the makers do not listen to feedback and try to avoid the real issues with the game. No game deserves a 0, but I must give it one in the hopes it keeps people from buying this on console and/or pc. Trust the users on this one folks; the game is garbage
  65. Sep 8, 2013
    Terrible Titan Quest clone that requires you to install the game onto a flash drive just to prevent the framerate stutter. Or splash out on an SSD hard drive. Either way is a little awkward for those of us with normal hard drives.
  66. May 15, 2012
    Just completed normal, and half of nightmare, its boring and all about crafting, no fun, no cool items, noo cool monsters, music is boring, graphics are old. Giving one for old blizzard reputation.
  67. May 15, 2012
    Worst game launch i ever could imagine! We waited for that game for 12 years and all we get no is sucky DRM policy that due to bad hservers not powerfull enough servers gives us no choice but to sit and wait to play SIBGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN atleast for the mother of god freaking love...
  68. Sep 24, 2012
    This game had it's launch problems, then you could play it for a while and no the RMAH has turned into what many feared it would. There should have been an option to play this game without internet connection. It's a shame, the death of Diablo no doubt.
  69. May 15, 2012
    Apart from the awful launch and connection issues, the game is really nothing special. Graphically average, and clickfest gameplay. It does nothing better than Diablo 2 (they even removed all character customization while levelling). Very repetitive and generally disappointing.
  70. May 15, 2012
    an absolute shambles of a release, even having hosted an open beta weekend to ascertain concurrency and stress testing of servers Blizzard and Activision completely dropped the ball on this one. Millions of people can't play the game on release. Disgraceful, do not buy!
  71. May 15, 2012
    outdated graphics. no character customization. online play only. servers down 50% of the time. linear game play. feels like a grind. ui not customizable.
  72. May 16, 2012
    I would give it a higher rank except the game is at the mercy of whether Blizzards servers will be stable. Higher ranking if there was an offline/lan mode.
  73. May 16, 2012
    A very sad continuation of the Diablo franchise. The visual design evokes thoughts of a better game, Torchlight. In the Diablo verse though, that just doesn't work. The game becomes a visual parody of its previous installments and setting. The cartoonish style only serves to ruin any of the oppressive feelings it tries to conjure in deep dungeons and completely removes any feeling ofA very sad continuation of the Diablo franchise. The visual design evokes thoughts of a better game, Torchlight. In the Diablo verse though, that just doesn't work. The game becomes a visual parody of its previous installments and setting. The cartoonish style only serves to ruin any of the oppressive feelings it tries to conjure in deep dungeons and completely removes any feeling of threat when you face those cute little giant demon bosses. What could have been a visceral experience is now a slightly gory children's show. I'll give the animations a nod, though. They seem to be top notch and indicative of the quality we could have gotten elsewhere too.

I won't speak much about the sound. It's quite good and holds its own.

The gameplay however... oh dear the gameplay. I don't know how to say this without my brain trying to herniate itself. They managed to dumb down Diablo. I didn't know it was even possible. One of the simplest and most straightforwards games in the world got dumbed down to anancephalic levels. They have completely removed stat allocation and skilltrees. You don't make a single choice throughout the entire game. Every skill, every rune, every slot and everything is handed to you as you level up. No choices to make, nothing. They try to make it seem to matter by restricting you to only using six at a time but when you can exchange the skills and runes in seconds it becomes completely worthless. A level 30 Wizard will be exactly the same as every last level 30 wizard out there. Every Barbarian is the same as all other Barbarians and nothing will distinguish you from the rest except how much money you've spent on the auction house. Blizzard once set the standard for Hack n Slash. Now they lowered the bar until it was just discarded entirely in favor of a pillow on the ground. The game is now too easy, too short, too dumbed down and frankly too bright and fluffy. This is not Diablo. Blizzard has failed us.

Pay 2 Win. Insane always-on DRM. Completely dumbed down gameplay. Cartoonish style. A hideous game.
  74. May 16, 2012
    So I may update this review in the future...
    However, that said THE Launch was terrible... We all know this and Blizzard should have done better. Once I was able to actually get into the game it actually seemed pretty decent except the Frame rate of
  75. May 16, 2012
    Wow, Really? (no pun intended) I've been waiting for this game for over a decade, patiently. I expected a big powerhouse company such as Blizzard who was successful in entertaining people with WoW to atleast give it some sort of effort in Diablo 3. It seems like a complete disaster. It's so linear it's almost heartbreaking. No more skills to train up, no more attributes to customize, noWow, Really? (no pun intended) I've been waiting for this game for over a decade, patiently. I expected a big powerhouse company such as Blizzard who was successful in entertaining people with WoW to atleast give it some sort of effort in Diablo 3. It seems like a complete disaster. It's so linear it's almost heartbreaking. No more skills to train up, no more attributes to customize, no more anything. No more single player. i beat the game through Normal difficulty and i have to say i am VERY disappointed. I understand what Diablo is suppose to be, you have fun farming and collecting items with friends. but in diablo 3.... Let me just say it's kill boss - cinematic - next act (30mins) repeat, repeat, repeat. All in a matter of 5 hours. It really seems like they rushed the game and thats almost hard to say considering this game... has been "in the works" for over a decade?? I am very angry that this game is "EASYMODED" for mindless zombie kids to enjoy. F PATHETIC. This is and will be my only post on metacritic, i just considered this to be the only time in my existence to ever post anything on here - a post about a could be - Fail game. Expand
  76. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 used to be step forward.It actually was before it did ten steps back.

Storytelling:Awfull.Recycled zones and partly characters aswell. Voiceacting:Awfull.Even D2 have better voiceact then D3. Graphics:Too much old.Dawn of War II which was released 2009 had better graphics Then This game. Soundtrack:quite good Enviroment and terrain:Absolute debacle,bad try to ressurect Tristam
    Diablo 3 used to be step forward.It actually was before it did ten steps back.

Storytelling:Awfull.Recycled zones and partly characters aswell.
    Voiceacting:Awfull.Even D2 have better voiceact then D3.
    Soundtrack:quite good
    Enviroment and terrain:Absolute debacle,bad try to ressurect Tristam and his surroundings.
    DRM:no comment
    PvP:no day one PvP,just by the time.

Sumary:I do Not understand what was been Blizzard doing that past 10 years.13,5 Hours on normal,nightmare 20 hours and I just started Hell and im in 1/4 part of game.Graphics are too much old,particles are dissapearing and textures are total catastrophe.Story is over used **** cannot spend your atribute points,game is Too much easy.

As it seems,We live in times of marketing **** and lies.I never thought that any game will surpass Mass Effect 3 Debacle.I thought ME3 will be only of its kind.Diablo actually Does Not surpass ME3,but can stand by its side.

Diablo 3 is a shadow of former glory of This series.Hardcore fans will hate This game as a whole.New gamers which never played D1 and D2 will find it full of fun.

I am giving This game 4,because its still a chill out hack-and-slash game when I am angry.So I played it a lot when Diablo 3 came out.....
  77. May 17, 2012
    Diablo3 its very boring.I wants to go back play Diablo 2.Because Diablo 2 it is interesting.

"Where do I start. Graphics - Woah. One of the biggest developers in the world can't even deliver a game that looks half decent. What is the bloody industry coming to. Not even Blizzard care about taking steps forward with technology. The game suffers from low-res textures, low-poly models and some of the sloppiest animation work I have ever witnessed"

true story bro
  78. May 17, 2012
    This game sucks because of the DRM and no LAN. I don't give a **** about the failed launch. I will probably just pirate and forget it. It's a shame really, compared to D2...
  79. May 17, 2012
    How very disappointing this game turned out to be. Constant disconnected, 2026 latency, and unavailability of the game when simply trying to play through the game solo on my first go-around. Then receive a constant stream of spoilers in the chat spam of friends achievements as they join multiplayer games in progress well ahead of my current act. The skill system is bland and whiteHow very disappointing this game turned out to be. Constant disconnected, 2026 latency, and unavailability of the game when simply trying to play through the game solo on my first go-around. Then receive a constant stream of spoilers in the chat spam of friends achievements as they join multiplayer games in progress well ahead of my current act. The skill system is bland and white drops have no purpose at all. At level 30 a white item will still sell for 5 gold. No pvp, is also a let down. The game is better than a 0 score but until there is a non online option for single player mode I will not give this a higher score. For shame on blizzard and this poor choice of drm. Expand
  80. May 17, 2012
    The rating is 0. I can not even start a single player! For what I paid?! What exactly is on that disc?! I am disappointed.. I will wait for Half-Life3.
  81. May 17, 2012
    Nothing much to say, i gave a 2 score for the time Blizz employees took to make the game, 10 years of development with numerous cancels over a decade still deserve few points i guess.

Now for the rest, everything is just wrong in this game. From dungeons and randomness, rmt, solo/multiplayer modes, character customization, every single aspect or feature is just at the opposite of what i would have expected for a 2012 hack and slash. I played both D1 and D2 at launch and i liked those games very much for what they were at the time. I won't play D3, i'll probably wait for better Diablo like games to come out soon, they are many in development, they all seam so much more entertaining and "rightly" done for a today game.
  82. May 17, 2012
    No one wants to play WOW, so why did they make another WOW with the Diablo storyline.. If you haven't already bought the game, do not purchase this is a waste of money. Blizzard already stated that they never wanted to ever make Diablo 3 and also didn't care about it, and now their customers are disappointed to the max.. Nothing about Diablo 3 is a Diablo game... no stat adding?! no skillNo one wants to play WOW, so why did they make another WOW with the Diablo storyline.. If you haven't already bought the game, do not purchase this is a waste of money. Blizzard already stated that they never wanted to ever make Diablo 3 and also didn't care about it, and now their customers are disappointed to the max.. Nothing about Diablo 3 is a Diablo game... no stat adding?! no skill tree?! no 8 man games?! no game PvP?! Personally Blizzard needs to refund all the money of this game sales and just start caring about the Diablo series and take it serious the next time.. As I said before, no one wants to play WOW... why make another WOW.. Expand
  83. May 17, 2012
    Stop online drm, this game have ugly graphics and it's so casual than Diablo II ... I payd this game but I can't play without internet, why you do that, and when I can connect, I play in stranger servers with high ping ...
  84. May 17, 2012
    Long story ahead: I'm one of the guys who has been in love with the Diablo series for over a decade. It all started when I got a chance to play the demo of the original Diablo. I was young and creeped out by the scary music, gothic theme, monsters etc.. Not to mention the scary lore which I read off the manual. But no matter how scared I was, I couldn't stop playing. Its a feeling I'dLong story ahead: I'm one of the guys who has been in love with the Diablo series for over a decade. It all started when I got a chance to play the demo of the original Diablo. I was young and creeped out by the scary music, gothic theme, monsters etc.. Not to mention the scary lore which I read off the manual. But no matter how scared I was, I couldn't stop playing. Its a feeling I'd never experienced before. Being from a small town in India, I didn't get a chance to buy the full version for a few more years. When I finally saw the game at a store, I got my parents to buy it for my birthday. The game kept me hooked on single player for atleast a year. That was when read about Diablo 2 online. I looked for a copy in all nearby stores to no avail. I finally got a vendor to ship me the collectors edition for Rs. 4000 (around 100 US Dollars back then) in 2006, around 5 years after it was released. When someone is that desperate to play a game, that shows how good it is (I spent almost all savings I had at that point for this game). Broadband connections were very expensive in India and the single player was all I needed. I played multiplayer a few times but it never appealed to me much. Then, when Blizzard announced Diablo 3, I was one of the happiest people in the world. Despite being turned off by the cartoonish graphics, I trusted Blizzard to deliver. A day one purchase, definitely. Imagine my horror when they announced that Diablo 3 required a constant internet connection for offline single player. And they lied off their face that is wasn't DRM and gave absurd reasons to defend their decision. Do they think everyone has unrestricted access to high speed internet worldwide? What about people in universities and offices behind firewalls? What about people in underdeveloped and developed nations? What about people who are travelling to remote places and want a way to free themselves from boredom? Don't we all deserve to play your game. The solution was simple - store single player characters on clients and multiplayer characters on servers. But no, Blizzard decided to screw their true fans. I can't understand why some gamers are choosing to defend Blizzard on this. Is it to make you feel better for having wasted your money on this crap? If you had given me another expansion of DIablo 2 for 60 dollars, I'd have bought it. I'm not going to bother pirating this game and ruining my sweet Diablo memories with this WoW clone. Even though I don't like the colourful graphics of Torchlight either I'm going to buy it anyway for obvious reasons. Expand
  85. ShW
    May 22, 2012
    Graphics - awesome.
    Skill mechanics - good.
    Story - not bad, but not good. Atmosphere is lost. World - too small, too linear, and I hate that the world is split into quests parts. Character stats and items mechanics - never seen worst. Totally stupid and poor. "Let's max primary stat and vita! Oh, you want your barbarian with evasion? No way, you'll get huge penalties if you do
    Graphics - awesome.
    Skill mechanics - good.
    Story - not bad, but not good.
    Atmosphere is lost.
    Character stats and items mechanics - never seen worst. Totally stupid and poor. "Let's max primary stat and vita! Oh, you want your barbarian with evasion? No way, you'll get huge penalties if you do differently than we envisioned"
    "You want to farm legendary items, which have very-very-very small drop chance? Okay, do it. But rare items is way better than legendary, and sometimes blue items way better than rares!"
    Pony level is not funny, guys. Well, cow level was not very serious but it was scary anyway.
    Disappointment of decade. Do not expect this from Blizzard. And still hope they'll say "It was joke haha, download our patch and you get play really cool Diablo!"
  86. Jun 4, 2012
    What could have been a fairly good standard hack'n slash turns into a complete and utter failure by implementation of a real money auction house that forces players to buy equipment there, because drop rates have been reduced dramatically in order to prevent the real money market from being flooded by too many items.
    The items you CAN find are fubbish 99% of the time. Servers are not very
    The items you CAN find are fubbish 99% of the time. Servers are not very stable. Overall the game annoys the hell out of me and I stopped playing it after 2 days. 0-/10
  87. Sep 27, 2013
    An absolutely terrible disappointment. If you were a fan of the original Diablo titles, you will most likely hate this game. Blizzard has essentially removed everything that made Diablo dynamic (stat points, skill trees, runewords, the ability to jump from act to act in a single game session, the ability to create your own unique games, 4 player maximum, very poor story-line). Every timeAn absolutely terrible disappointment. If you were a fan of the original Diablo titles, you will most likely hate this game. Blizzard has essentially removed everything that made Diablo dynamic (stat points, skill trees, runewords, the ability to jump from act to act in a single game session, the ability to create your own unique games, 4 player maximum, very poor story-line). Every time you play, you're forced to go through the same exact quests over, and over, and over, every single time you make a new game. There is no quest log. Do not waste your money on this game. Expand
  88. May 15, 2012
    This game doesn't deserve the diablo name. The intrusive DRM ruins the experience for everyone, there will never be any modding capabilities, the content is poor, after all those years, it turned out to be just a cashing machine based on their RMAH and hype
  89. May 16, 2012
    The game is a real let down, stutters all over the place and no Single player offline mode, people just want to enjoy what Diablo is all about, the best SINGLE PLAYER experience ever, and with that online requirement and assets loading and stuttering the game all the time we will never be able to enjoy the game as it should be The game maybe have great mechanics but the online requirementThe game is a real let down, stutters all over the place and no Single player offline mode, people just want to enjoy what Diablo is all about, the best SINGLE PLAYER experience ever, and with that online requirement and assets loading and stuttering the game all the time we will never be able to enjoy the game as it should be The game maybe have great mechanics but the online requirement is just a shame, Blizzard will have to give us a totally offline mode for single player even if we can't use those items on the Multiplayer modes, the real joy of Diablo is to play it single player the rest is just to expand the lifespan of the game Expand
  90. May 16, 2012
    Disappointed, where are my attribute and skill point, unable to build a unique character (everyone end up with identical character), has always been half the fun building your own bad ass (Auto skill and attributes :-( ). Feels more like a build for console hack and slash, with some preset abilities. If I wanted to play WoW I would have.
  91. May 17, 2012
    While you're exploring a fight area there is no checkpoint... I've been exploring since 1h when suddenly i was dropped by Bnet. All achievements, experience, stuff were lost...
    THX Blizzard for you useless online mode !
  92. May 17, 2012
    The game is unplayable because the online stuff does not work despite me having a broadband internet access. Up until now I was a satisfied customer of Blizzard but this is a big disappointment.
  93. May 17, 2012
    Giving it a 3 out of 10 so far. Based solely on the fact that I have not been able to even play a couple hours of the game because of server issues. You need a constant connection to the internet to run this game, so when Blizzard takes down the servers there is no way to play. Well, it has been an extremely rocky start, I have tried to clear an hour here and there for gaming, but everyGiving it a 3 out of 10 so far. Based solely on the fact that I have not been able to even play a couple hours of the game because of server issues. You need a constant connection to the internet to run this game, so when Blizzard takes down the servers there is no way to play. Well, it has been an extremely rocky start, I have tried to clear an hour here and there for gaming, but every time I log on the servers are either broken or down for maintenance. Game looks great and is fun, but forcing the PC community to play when you say play is a bit "Hitlerish". Expand
  94. May 18, 2012
    **** the online DRM system!! I just want play my game by myself. Let the single player gamers play this game blizzard! This will not be a solution for pirate games...
  95. May 20, 2012
    I have a horrible internet connection and can not play this because it lags so bad!!!! It is so annoying that there is no single player, it is the biggest disgrace to blizzard ever. To top things off the game play seems like a first grader re programmed (and did a bad job) the d2 code and made everything that was good go away and everything that was bad a staple. On top of that it is notI have a horrible internet connection and can not play this because it lags so bad!!!! It is so annoying that there is no single player, it is the biggest disgrace to blizzard ever. To top things off the game play seems like a first grader re programmed (and did a bad job) the d2 code and made everything that was good go away and everything that was bad a staple. On top of that it is not addictive in any way shape or form. Expand
  96. May 23, 2012
    There are no spoilers in this review.
    I have played the game almost through hell in four days and this is what I think...
    There are no spoilers in this review.

There is early game and end game, but nothing in between. You start off enjoying the experience and story, then you proceed to nightmare and hell difficulty to grind levels and finally when you're 60 you either try to complete inferno difficulty or you grind elite/champion monsters to get loot buffs that you use to take down bosses and get better than average loot.

As stated, there's no midgame, there's nothing to do but grind your character to level 60 and replay all the things you beat on normal, which had no challenge. The "good" loot is very far in between and there is no satisfaction in taking down bosses until you're level 60, since they drop nothing of value. The skill system is very varied and I'd say most abilities are competently balanced, but as always there are specific combos that just work best and if you're going to have that instead of changing between abilities to adapt to situations, then you might as well have kept the old skill system, assigning points. The greatest challenge in Diablo has always been randomly overpowered champions/elites and never the bosses and D3 keeps this approach, giving ridiculously overtuned special powers that can have devastating effects depending on what you play. The thing is that you can't outplay these monsters if they have a certain combos of abilities and at present they too hard a challenge at higher difficulties. While bosses are still very difficult at higher difficulties, they are manageable and you will never lose because because of unfair ability combos.

The game is overpriced, the servers are unstable and currently make you unable to have a chance at playing hardcore, since you are likely to die from lag even in a singleplayer game. You cannot kick friends or block friends from joining your game, which has been a problem since people will often join your games randomly, even though you only know them from a different game or want to play by yourself.

If Diablo 3 and Diablo 2 came out at the same time, and graphics were not in question, then Diablo 2 would be the far superior game. This isn't nostalgia talking, this is easy to compare since Path of Exile just had an open beta and heavily relies on the old mechanics and playstyle. People have been saying that Torchlight 2 wouldn't have a chance because of Diablo, but Blizzard screwed this one up royally. They have gone far too mainstream this time and their mass catering has substantially hurt their own design and gameplay.

I am disgusted at the "professional" reviews that have given the game so high a score without touching the important factors. I suspect, however, that it is a fine console game and would be fit for that target audience, it should just have been named something else.
  97. May 24, 2012
    The story is dull. Just generic dark fantasy blah that goes in one ear and out the other.
    The characters aren't very interesting. Constantly running through dark caves/tunnels/dungeons becomes way too monotonous.
    The soundtrack isn't memorable, or at least, I don't remember any part of it the way I do with Starcraft 2. The gameplay is supposed to be the main attraction but it's just a lot
    The gameplay is supposed to be the main attraction but it's just a lot of click click clicking on zombies, and clicking even harder on the tougher enemies.
    Looting isn't much fun either. You scoop up belts and swords, most of which is worth almost nothing and occasionally upgrade to something a little better.
    I don't get it, what is the appeal? Nothing about this game stands out as memorable or addictive or fun.
    Pretty boring stuff.
  98. Nov 25, 2013
    Diablo 3 is lite-WOW game very boring, simple, poor graphics, with lots of bugs and online problems.
    Don't waste your time and money on this and ROS addition.
  99. kpc
    Jan 13, 2014
    An unmitigated disaster.

An unmitigated disaster.

I've tried evaluating the game on its own merits, though doing so is merely an exercise in reality denial for etiquette's sake. On that level, it lacks very basic RPG replayability features like skipping through dialogue, story variation, meaningful choices, environment randomization, and bosses more difficult than trash packs. On the plus side, Diablo has boobs. If this were brand new IP, I'd consider giving it 1 or 2 out of 10 for the fine graphic detail if nothing else.

As a chapter in the hallowed Diablo franchise, it goes from bad to unquestionably the biggest disappointment in the history of gaming. And I'm not even one of those who holds up D1 or D2 as the greatest games ever. Both had many flaws I considered gamebreaking and exasperating. But they both had that "it" factor. D3 has a variation of that... prefixed by "sh". The eerieness and danger of the previous games is completely absent. Godlike demons mock the player using taunts befitting a third grade playground. The whole experience feels cheap and rushed, especially the inane dialogue and awful voice acting. The only thing I can truthfully call an improvement over the prequels would be the cutscenes... too bad you have swim thirty laps through an olympic size pool full of raw sewage to get two minutes of fresh air.

I won't go so far as to cast aspersions on the pro reviewers over there regarding whether they were paid for that 88 metascore, but I do highly doubt they bothered playing the game more than a few hours before rendering their verdict. Indeed, D3 seems designed to let a reviewer check items off their rubric in Act 1, intentionally obscuring the fetid fecal matter lurking beneath. Act 1 even occasionally drops some useful, well-itemized loot, hinting that the rest of the game will follow suit. If only it were so.

What about that "Blizzard polish"? Wasted... on a micro transaction system of all things. I mean, if you're going to bollucks up something this badly, at least go for broke trying to innovate something people actually want. If you screw up trying to make it work with gesture control, or make too many abilities to choose from, or introduce a never before seen game mechanic, that's forgivable. But using paying customers and your most beloved brand to focus group test Bobby Kotick's microtransaction wet dream is just despicable on all levels.

So the game has just enough of that Blizzard polish to make it distinguishable from a Chinese F2P translated into broken English... great job team. Unfortunately the polish was spread unevenly, and it is abundantly clear that the lion's share of the development effort in this game went toward driving people to the RMAH after selling them a title undeservedly bearing the Diablo franchise name at full retail price. Not that it matters; the game is terrible with or without the RMAH. No amount of polish will bail you out if the core product is lacking the fundamentals. Ask the FFXIV developers... whose first attempt was still many orders of magnitude better than D3 and they were all fired.

I would be remiss if I did not address the always online DRM, the icing on this failcake. Those with satellite internet, rural DSL, or basically anyone outside of big cities in the first world with sub-50ms latency need not apply. Sounds like a good business plan to me. No, let's let everyone lag to hell because it's easier to not have to actually fix exploits and regulate the online community. But yeah, let's still have hardcore mode... nothing says skill like a reliable internet connection and dodging lag spikes. D3's sole innovation in the genre... showing the world to what extreme DRM brute force can be taken and still sell games on name recognition alone.

So let's pretend for one minute that the game isn't terrible. Let's pretend that it is the most awe-inspiring artwork of a game ever created or ever even imagined. Guess what... it still gets a 0. A Ferrari gets a 0/10 as a car, no matter how pretty it is or how fast it can theoretically go, if it won't bloody start. No one, and I mean no one, will ever make a single player RPG so good that they get to dictate how I play it or require that I let them watch my activity, lest I might try to steal something, AFTER I GODDAMN WELL PAID FOR IT. Arrogant, authoritarian nonsense like this makes me want to START botting and hacking just to piss them off, and I have never been even mildly tempted to do either.

D3 has succeeded in one thing however: converting a formerly wide-eyed, kid-in-a-candy-store, diehard fan of Blizzard's game craftmanship into a "never again" cynic, instantly suspicious of anything Activision (let's face facts... there is no Blizzard any more) will ever produce.

TLDR: You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.
  100. May 16, 2012
    Unlike past games in the Diablo series, you as a player are left completely out of Blizzard's equation. Your money, however, is not. With the design of the auction house, and the 60 dollar price tag for an incomplete game (11th hour removal of PVP to be released later. Granted, PVP in Diablo was never that great, but, huh?) it's pretty obvious that they're trying to take as much of yourUnlike past games in the Diablo series, you as a player are left completely out of Blizzard's equation. Your money, however, is not. With the design of the auction house, and the 60 dollar price tag for an incomplete game (11th hour removal of PVP to be released later. Granted, PVP in Diablo was never that great, but, huh?) it's pretty obvious that they're trying to take as much of your money possible with as poor of a product that they can feasibly manage. Aside from a monthly subscription, this game was constructed from beginning to end out of a playbook to maximize addiction and minimize reward. In other words, Koreans will love it.

So you've already spent your money? That's fine. You get to click things, and, like Diablo 1 and 2, the first few sections are actually quite fun. However, by the time you've reached the second act, the world will have grown stale, and the old monsters you were clicking on will be replaced by new monsters to click on. It's a gameplay style that grows old fast, and even though I haven't played a point-and-click hacknslash for years, it felt just as boring as the day I put down the last one.

In conclusion, Diablo 3 is a boring game meant to take your money if you have an addictive personality. There is no fun here, only grind.

1. Aug 31, 2012