4.0

1. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in each and every way but one. Cheating. And not just small cheats such as maphacks. You got bots, duplication of items etc. Diablo 3 has been out for 2 months by now, the game is already completely ruined by the cheating and Blizzard stands by the sideline watching, incapable of fixing their own mess. Other than that the game itself is quite good. TheDiablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in each and every way but one. Cheating. And not just small cheats such as maphacks. You got bots, duplication of items etc. Diablo 3 has been out for 2 months by now, the game is already completely ruined by the cheating and Blizzard stands by the sideline watching, incapable of fixing their own mess. Other than that the game itself is quite good. The story was decent, the gameplay alright. How ever there is something that has been bothering me. Why is it called Diablo 3? This game is nothing like Diablo or Diablo 2. This game should be called World of Diablo.

To sum it all up, I'm glad I traded a f2p mmo account for a D3 key. Otherwise I would have felt ripped off.
    Do yourself a favour. Don't pay for this game, trade something equally useless for it, such as a used paper towel.

In conclusion. This is a Blizzard "Entertainment" product and as such it is highly overrated garbage praised solemnly because it has been developed by Blizzard.
  2. Jun 27, 2012
    Gameplay is OK up until the last level of difficulty, and then Inferno mode is ridiculously difficult. So difficult in fact it is no fun at all, more of like banging your head against a brick wall hoping the wall will break first. Most people who like this game have not reached the final content where the developers state there are 'diminishing returns' which is their way of saying "YouGameplay is OK up until the last level of difficulty, and then Inferno mode is ridiculously difficult. So difficult in fact it is no fun at all, more of like banging your head against a brick wall hoping the wall will break first. Most people who like this game have not reached the final content where the developers state there are 'diminishing returns' which is their way of saying "You won't get almost anything out of it...but keep playing and/or buy stuff from our CASH auction house if it bothers you"... For making this game a drawn out scam to get money from you in the final content, I award this game a 0. Expand
  3. Jun 28, 2012
    I am a big fan of the Diablo series, i still have the original Diablo Boxed version with 3.5" floppy disks,
    i was keen to give this a try. Imagine my disappointment when i realised it was a Digital rights management (DRM) game. Yet another favorite series ruined by DRM just like Silent Hunter V which has now been patched so that you don't have to be online btw, all too late however as the game is now available in most stores for a fraction of its original price. Blizzard and all developers take head, we the users do not want DRM and if you persist i'm sure many of you will be able to discuss the matter with us in the dole queue.
  4. Jul 31, 2012
    seriously rushed with no consideration for its players and the money we spent on the game. i feel like signing up for RMAH just to get my money back. wish i could have my time back though. the item drops since 1.03 have made a days worth of item grind leaving you with nothing. havent seen a legendary or set in over 20 hours of gameplay.
  5. Jul 31, 2012
    For anyone who is purchasing this game out of the reputation of blizzard or Diablo 2 then this is a flat out robbery. That doesn't even get into the aspect that not only do you pay a premium $60 to get in the door but if you don't end up paying more to purchase in game items then you won't be able to beat the final difficulty.

Aside from the disgusting greed related to their real money

Aside from the disgusting greed related to their real money auction house, aka the RMAH, the gameplay has some elements that simply dive off the cliff as well. The storyline is at the level of a child and does not stay true to the original storyline from diablo 1 and 2. For an RPG game you will find ipad games with more customization. The only thing this game has going for it (if it could only drop the baggage of needing to live up to being a diablo game developed by blizzard) is great graphics and effects. But even those are short lived with a small amount of content in a linear storyline play style.
  6. Sep 13, 2012
    Thx Blizzard for ruining my favorite franchise. No offline play, no PvP, horribly short campaign and difficulty scaling that was not properly beta tested.

Good thing Guild Wars 2 is out now. D3 = Uninstalled.
  7. Sep 24, 2012
    i have been waiting awhile to give D3 a chance cuase blizz does act they just need time but as it stands they are telling "you" the player what they consider fun and so change the game accordingly when you start having fun to prevent you once again the player from having fun in a game.
    Paragon leveling is such a gimmick and a huge time sink which is fine but the fact is they put a cap on magic find so any gold/real money u spent for magic find will eventually become worthless later on and just in general as the dwindling player base gains more paragon levels and need less magic find. Torchlight 2 just came out and ive had more fun with it in 8 hours then i have 200+ hours on D3. i give it a big zero becuase i payed 60$ for auction house tycoon: Real money edition, not a diablo game.
  8. May 29, 2012
    If you like to defend blizzard for its name and not for its work, so dont need to read it. We, that played diablo II, and I think i can say for everybody that did it, are very disappointed. You, Blizzard, Just took off lots of things we like in the series and didnt put anything new. It's the same game, but with less options, less time of gameplay and less fun. 30 hours! This was the timeIf you like to defend blizzard for its name and not for its work, so dont need to read it. We, that played diablo II, and I think i can say for everybody that did it, are very disappointed. You, Blizzard, Just took off lots of things we like in the series and didnt put anything new. It's the same game, but with less options, less time of gameplay and less fun. 30 hours! This was the time for Diablo II off-line. Now people play all Diablo III in hell mode in only 10 hours. Probably people that didnt play diablo III will really like it but not us. We wanted new challenges. Not repetead ones.

I cant say its not fun, we can have a good time and when the pvp comes, diablo III can become a better game. My low score is for the retrocess instead of the progress between II and III.
  9. May 30, 2012
    The game is addicting but I have major gripes with it regardless. the "RPG" part of diablo is gone; you cannot allocate skill or attribute points yourself anymore and itimisation is incredibly dumbed down, which takes a lot of the uniqueness out of the game and forces you into a cookie cutter build. Add into this that the game is quite short and the replay value is quite limited, which isThe game is addicting but I have major gripes with it regardless. the "RPG" part of diablo is gone; you cannot allocate skill or attribute points yourself anymore and itimisation is incredibly dumbed down, which takes a lot of the uniqueness out of the game and forces you into a cookie cutter build. Add into this that the game is quite short and the replay value is quite limited, which is a department where D2 shined. Worse, much, much worse, is the online requirement. There are at least 2 or 3 major outages every week, preventing me from playing at all or severely disrupting my gaming experience. on top of this, there is weekly maintenance which further disrupts my ability to play the game. Expand
  10. May 30, 2012
    The game is an unplayable mess, weeks after its release. Unable to log in, being booted out of a single player game, and an unrewarding experience when finally being able to play make this game a terrible disappointment.
    I am new to the Diablo series, and I am not impressed. Blizzard might have sold its last blockbuster game.
  11. May 30, 2012
    I am absolutely enchanted with this game. I am completely in favour of all the design decisions they made - even the controversial ones. I quite like the new candyland graphics. And I actually convinced myself to tolerate the scandalous always-online DRM. But I have had enough. I have a wife, a job and a kid under way. I can't spend my days and my nights relentlessly refreshing the loginI am absolutely enchanted with this game. I am completely in favour of all the design decisions they made - even the controversial ones. I quite like the new candyland graphics. And I actually convinced myself to tolerate the scandalous always-online DRM. But I have had enough. I have a wife, a job and a kid under way. I can't spend my days and my nights relentlessly refreshing the login screen. Since day one, I've only managed to log in once. ONE SINGLE TIME. There I was, happy that the game of my teenage years came reincarnated as a casual-friendly title with some modern design chops and that I'd dive into nostalgia for a couple of weeks and later use it to relax after a hard day or pass an hour or two before I have to leave for work. I am now actively seeking a refund. I have no reason to keep this box - as pretty as it is - as some sort of twisted, expensive decoration.

At the moment, the game is unplayable. If you're thinking about buying, wait a month or two. It'll be cheaper, more balanced, more stable and perhaps get some new content. I won't be here anymore, because I'm one to hold a grudge, but I wish to spare everyone the same frustration.
  12. May 30, 2012
    The game itself is very addictive, dynamic, and there's a real challenge starting in Hell and Inferno. I think Blizzard succeeded to create this wide variety of items and characters' builds (although as many people mentioned, there's unfortunately no skill tree anymore).. but seriously,, EU servers are down each and only day off most people have in their week (wed afternoon, weekend !).The game itself is very addictive, dynamic, and there's a real challenge starting in Hell and Inferno. I think Blizzard succeeded to create this wide variety of items and characters' builds (although as many people mentioned, there's unfortunately no skill tree anymore).. but seriously,, EU servers are down each and only day off most people have in their week (wed afternoon, weekend !). What a shame they do not allow players - customers - to play their game solo and offline when they want. I really enjoy playing in coop, to me Diablo is meant to be played with some friends or joining other players... but then Blizzard should have foreseen these problems before selling this game to millions of people. Quite disappointed. Expand
  13. May 31, 2012
    The worst game i've ever played in years. Oh wait I havent got the chance to play it yet, the **** servers never work. I will never buy a blizzard game ever again. The launch of Battlefield 3 were less broken than this piece of **** of a game. **** you blizzard, **** you.
  14. May 31, 2012
    This game doesn't deserve your money because:
    - MultipleS connection issues and troubles with the AH even if the game could be played offline.
    - Difficulty poorly tuned (too easy and then impossible even if you don't use the AH).... - ... force the player to use the auction house to be able to continue in high difficulties (real money AH, here we go!) - NO PVP so now it's only the stupid
    This game doesn't deserve your money because:
    - NO PVP so now it's only the stupid brainless farming.
  15. era
    May 31, 2012
    Another game ruined by lawyers and people more interested in money than supplying a good game.
    The DRM in this game kills it for most people. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. IT SUCKS. STORY SUCKS. GRAPHICS SUCK. GAME PLAY SUCKS. ENVIRONMENT SUCKS.
  16. May 31, 2012
    Blizzard decided you had to play this game online, even if you play solo. Keep that in mind if you decide to go and buy the game. Because you simply won't be able to play it if Blizzard' server down. And they are, a lot of time, down. So you probably won't even get to decide if you like the game design. You'll just be left wondering.
  17. May 31, 2012
    la caduta di un mito grazie all'incompetenza/noncuranza dei progettisti.
    Sono riusciti a rovinare il mitico diablo 2 e sull'onda del successo vendono una fregatura.
    Non si puo giocare offline , le skill le mette in automatico il sistema, lvl max 60 e la differenza la faranno i soldi veri che serviranno a comprare item sull'ebay della blizzard che prendera' il 15% sulla commissione.
    la caduta di un mito grazie all'incompetenza/noncuranza dei progettisti.

belle le musiche , i server stanno piu' giu' che su e non e' possibile giocare quando fa comodo.

esperienza bruttissima
  18. May 31, 2012
    Support from blizzard is ridiculous .. The European servers are always down on the forum without even warning the problems we have. >>>DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  19. May 31, 2012
    This game is the only one I thought to get the Collector's Edition for and, while it did contain some extra goodies, overall my game experience is pretty meh. I currently have a Wizard, level 60, in Inferno difficulty Act 1. Normal and Nightmare were a blast to play through, but once I reached Hell, the fun drained away. One of the main reasons is how unlikely you are to get any lootThis game is the only one I thought to get the Collector's Edition for and, while it did contain some extra goodies, overall my game experience is pretty meh. I currently have a Wizard, level 60, in Inferno difficulty Act 1. Normal and Nightmare were a blast to play through, but once I reached Hell, the fun drained away. One of the main reasons is how unlikely you are to get any loot useful to you or anyone else. Items "roll" random stats and they could be awesome, useless, or anything in-between. The same goes for Legendaries, which are so rare you get excited when you see one and then, after looking at the stats, say "WTF?" There are also champion and elite enemies in the game. With each difficulty, they get an additional ability, up to 4 in Inferno. These abilities can range from locking you in place for a few seconds (Jailer) to setting up a rotating laser beam of death. (Arcane Enchanted) Some of the combos are literally impossible to beat. An example I came across yesterday was a group of huge zombies that naturally have a ton of health with the following abilities: Jailer, Waller (Summons walls to block your path), Vortex (randomly pulls you close to them), and Arcane Enchanted. I tried for a good 10 minutes to kill them and there was no way it would ever happen. I am in no way a noob in this kind of game and I know how to use my cooldowns, but I could not for the life of me even kill 1 of the 3 mobs. This brings me to another point. There is a buff you get at level 60 upon killing a champion mob called "Nephalem Valor" which stacks to 5 and increases your chance of finding magic items. It also guarantees certain kinds of drops on bosses. The only problem with this is that if you change any of your abilities around (in a game that is pretty much based on doing so) you lose all your stacks. This is especially frustrating if you meet a champion pack you cannot get past, so you have to either restart your game, which loses your stacks, or change your abilities around, which loses your stacks. Meeting unkillable champion packs in a game is just bad game design in my opinion. There is something to be said for having an appropriate challenge, but if it's impossible, nobody will want to play anymore.

My first play through was fun and it is nice to be able to jump into my brother's game and vice-versa, but once you get to the higher difficulties, the fun goes away and is replaced with anger at not being able to kill the 10th champion pack in a row and having nowhere to bring the pack to have them kill you so you can move past, since they don't move around after you die. Ironically, the champion packs are harder than the actual bosses. Diablo 3 is a game I really WANT to enjoy, but lately there have been a ton of server issues regarding random maintenance, crashes, etc... and with no ability to play offline, the lag can almost make it unplayable. Yesterday, the lag was so bad I had to wait 18 seconds to swing my barbarian's weapon at the target, at which point it was somewhere else entirely and the damage it would have done was taken out of my health. As a final note: if you are considering purchasing Diablo 3, my suggestion is to wait a month or 2 so Blizzard can get their act together and fix the servers to provide a more enjoyable experience. It's also frustrating to have to use the auction house feature just to get gear upgrades since nothing good ever seems to drop when you play your own character.
  20. May 31, 2012
    I bought 2 copies of this game, one for me and one for my wife. I played single player a couple days and then switched into playing multiplayer with my wife. I never joined a public game, never talked to anyone in chat, never interacted with the online component in any way. My account was hacked less that 15 days after purchasing the game. Blizzard had rollback points, which is good, ifI bought 2 copies of this game, one for me and one for my wife. I played single player a couple days and then switched into playing multiplayer with my wife. I never joined a public game, never talked to anyone in chat, never interacted with the online component in any way. My account was hacked less that 15 days after purchasing the game. Blizzard had rollback points, which is good, if they're frequent. I'm a casual gamer now, so I play sometimes, maybe 2 or 3 times a week. They had one rollback when I was level 4 and another when I was 18, none for all the progress after that. In addition, even though their choice to put this pile of trash online only, you can only have 2 rollbacks for the lifetime of the account. So if you get hacked at lvl 60 and lose all your rare and legenday items and then it happens again that's all you get. A third hack will mean personal loss.

I will say the game is very fun, the enemies are varied and challenging and the game itself has a lot of polish. If it had SP/LAN this review would be a 10. But so far my interaction has been play the game and have a really great time, then I got hacked, then I alerted blizzard and they took forever to get back to me. 48 hours is too damn long. Especially when the account recovery tool quotes 6-12. So they tell me that I can have my stuff back if I want to be out of level with my wife and unable to play with her. I skipped the restore because of the 2 restore lifetime limit, but this experience has ruined the game for me. I've not been hacked on any game ever before because mostly I run LAN with the direct connections to the internet disabled completely. (Eliminates interruptions from SMS/IM services)

This review slams the game pretty hard, but the core of the game is good. The mechanics are solid and it's really an awesome feeling when you put the right skills together and lay waste to the minions of hell. But making every single person that bought the game a target for hackers is **** What I've really lost is my respect for Blizzard. Before you slam be and tell me that I just don't like blizzard, understand that when I was 5 I found Warcraft and I played Warcraft everyday until Warcraft II, which I played everyday until I found Diablo. I've logged thousands of hours into Blizzard releases. More time that I've spent playing every elder scrolls game, even arena and daggerfall. That's saying something. Within a week of buying Skyrim I'd logged 100 hours while working a full time job. I think when I finally stopped playing Morrowind the damage was around 700 hours. 23 hours into this one my account is hacked and the game is virtually unplayable due to the terrible customer service.

If you're just looking for a casual game where you can log in and play with a friend or two, save your cash for Torchlight 2, put up with the lower budget and enjoy a game that not every hacker in the world is hacking into.
  21. Jun 1, 2012
    Free online games offer better services and customer care. Blizzard can't be no longer considered a serious video game company. They released a broken beta and made people pay 60 â
  22. Jun 1, 2012
    Shame on blizzard... Error 37, lag, hacking, patch error,.. And they don't give a damn *... This is crazy... If you wanna play, don't buy this game.
  23. Jun 1, 2012
    i bet people rating this game more than 7.0 is just either little fanpet of bizz or on its pay roll. i wait till i finished hell mode to write this review, and i am not going to compare this game with diablo2. First of all, Graphic is dated. Audio is just bad, i am not saying the music is bad, but the way they deliver is just stupid. Combat and mixing skills for different mob seems freshi bet people rating this game more than 7.0 is just either little fanpet of bizz or on its pay roll. i wait till i finished hell mode to write this review, and i am not going to compare this game with diablo2. First of all, Graphic is dated. Audio is just bad, i am not saying the music is bad, but the way they deliver is just stupid. Combat and mixing skills for different mob seems fresh for a hack'slash game at first. but eventually u will find that there are no need to mix skill and stick with one set of skill. a lots of my frd told me the real fun starts at hell mode. (was busy these days so i m a little bit behind) but, the way i see it, it is just stupid. there is absolutly no point of scouting the map for rare monster, because the drops are bad. u will end up buying all ur eqiupment from AH and run striaght to the boss, in which it takes away all fun for the rpg experiences. i literally felt asleep while i was click, click , clicking. this isnt a sign of a good game, i remeber when i played a new GOOD game, i will stay up just to say whatelse the game is offering even when i have a early morning meeting. Diablo 3 do not give me that at all. **and one more reminder for all u fanboy, the new patch nerf some skill and the reason of it is that u are not suppose to beat the inferno mode at this time. WT..F?????????? Expand
  24. Jun 1, 2012
    I honestly don't know where to begin. The game fails on every level that the previous Diablo's built that their successes upon. The loot system is terrible and the drops are designed in such a way that you cannot progress without buying things from the Auction House. Melee like in almost every single game is terrible.

Loot Progression is horrible. Most Skills and Runes are unused.

Loot Progression is horrible.
    Most Skills and Runes are unused.
    Melee vs Ranged is unfair.
    Skill points blow.
  25. Jun 1, 2012
    If I wanted to play a Wallstreet sim I would have just become a stock broker in the first place. If you are playing this game for story, pvp, unique character builds, replayability, boss runs, ways to connect with other players in lobbies, trade games, ability to make personal games, or any other reason that made Diablo2 a great game to play. If you buy Diablo3 for the listed reasons andIf I wanted to play a Wallstreet sim I would have just become a stock broker in the first place. If you are playing this game for story, pvp, unique character builds, replayability, boss runs, ways to connect with other players in lobbies, trade games, ability to make personal games, or any other reason that made Diablo2 a great game to play. If you buy Diablo3 for the listed reasons and more then realize that none of the features listed are part of the game and the ones that are are very weak. Diablo3 is built around one thing and one thing only: Loot and the Auction House to trade that loot in fake money(gold) or in real money. Now when I started playing Diablo2 back in 2000-2004 those were the years I was studying accounting and management and it was possible for me to become involved in the real Wallstreet. I turned down that option soon after I realized it was a model based off of greed. Now 10 years later I am still playing video games and I am confronted by Diablo3 which has nothing good content wise in it. Diablo3 is a very bare bones game and it is probably meant that way so that people will turn to the only content available: the (real money) auction house. If I wanted to play a Wallstreet sim I would have just become a stock broker in the first place. Activision bought out Viventi in 2008 which owned Blizzzard so I guess Diablo3 is the first game to be produced by Blizzard Activision after its merger. I'm not surprised it is all about the gold(money). Expand
  26. Jun 1, 2012
    I'm sorry Blizzard, but this game is just not what I hoped and expected it to be. My reasons: 1) The Always-Online-DRM is horrible! I have a spotty internet connection and can't enjoy playing at all! 2) The auction house destroys any ambition to hunt for valuable items in the game itself. Let me explain: For 2999 to 5999 gold I find super-decent items that are tailored to the needs of myI'm sorry Blizzard, but this game is just not what I hoped and expected it to be. My reasons: 1) The Always-Online-DRM is horrible! I have a spotty internet connection and can't enjoy playing at all! 2) The auction house destroys any ambition to hunt for valuable items in the game itself. Let me explain: For 2999 to 5999 gold I find super-decent items that are tailored to the needs of my nightmare character. So the excitement I felt back in Diablo 2, whenever a rare item droped, is just not there anymore. - Now I buy everything I want to use in the auctionhouse anyways. 3) The Smith and especially the Jeweller are completely useless: I can buy all the Jewels I need in the auctionhouse. - For a fraction of the cost that I need to pay to just upgrade the Jeweller!!! Now that can't be a desired game mechanic! 4) No chance of preventing my "friends" to see if I'm online or not? What were you thinking when you added that feature? I don't want anyone to know exactly how long and how often I play a game. 5) The story is... well... not really catching. It feels more like a b-class game then one of the most anticipated RPGs of all times. 6) I was really disconent about the graphics. Don't get me wrong: I like the colorful style. Yes, it isn't dark, but it fits the game. What I don't like: On my 30" screen (and on high settings) the game's textures just look old. Especially the characters just don't have the detail that I'd expect to see in a 2012 game. All in all: I'm sorry Blizzard, but for the first time since I play your games (and that started with "Lost vikings") I am really unhappy about the final product! Expand
  27. Jun 1, 2012
    Utter garbage. Terrible story, graphics look about 7 years old, half-baked gameplay mechanics and absolutely no atmosphere. Looks and plays like a Saturday morning cartoon for 4 year olds. The whole thing is just a thinly-veiled cash cow with the real money auction house just a glorified pay-to-win institution. Looks like almost every critic reviewer has been paid off by Activi$ionUtter garbage. Terrible story, graphics look about 7 years old, half-baked gameplay mechanics and absolutely no atmosphere. Looks and plays like a Saturday morning cartoon for 4 year olds. The whole thing is just a thinly-veiled cash cow with the real money auction house just a glorified pay-to-win institution. Looks like almost every critic reviewer has been paid off by Activi$ion Bli$$ard as well. RIP Bli$$ard. Expand
  28. Jun 1, 2012
    Diablo 3 is an online game, it could be not, but they made it so. Being an online game, it has to be technically mantained and improved, and here comes the sad part of the story. Blizzard customer care is below any minimal acceptable level, and for an online game customer support is vital for the service itself. Currently the game is not accessible since many days, many players were notDiablo 3 is an online game, it could be not, but they made it so. Being an online game, it has to be technically mantained and improved, and here comes the sad part of the story. Blizzard customer care is below any minimal acceptable level, and for an online game customer support is vital for the service itself. Currently the game is not accessible since many days, many players were not able to play it at all since they grabbed it, due to continuous server issues, and this happens now since more than 2 weeks. This is simply unacceptable. Beware if you are planning to buy this game, it's wise to wait and see if they finally will be able to fix they major server issues.

Blizzard customer service is not acknowledging the ongoing major fault on their servers, and sadly they don't come out to provide official statements and actions in progress.

Fact is: this is an online game, and you currently cannot access to it.

They milked millions of dollars and euros around the world knowing that customers just buy everything with a Blizzard logo on it.
    This is sad, but this is true.

Game could have been fun, polished (and addictive you know), but they destroyed it being the game unplayable after 12 years of development, not even acknowledging the problem.

Gamers, there are several excellent alternatives upcoming out there, some are even free to play. If you buy a Porshe you are not just buying a brand, but a uber quality product. Let's start thinking that a Blizzard product it's no more a safe quality choice.
  29. Jun 1, 2012
    Is almost impossible to play this game. Servers has problems every day every time. If you buy this game you are going to have a nice box and dvd but YOU WILL NOT PLAY YOUR GAME. Also don't buy any other game who has similar protection scheme. Now I'm waiting for more than a hour and it's keeping "Accessing list of heroes". Pretty screen but nothing more. Money wasted.
  30. Jun 1, 2012
    It only takes a few hours to beat to experience 90% of the game's content. There are so many games out there that are free to play with WAY more content. Little to no replayability compared to previous diablo games. No character customization in terms of how you look or how your character is played. You can't be a frost mage, or a fire mage, for example (you can only be a mage). Boring andIt only takes a few hours to beat to experience 90% of the game's content. There are so many games out there that are free to play with WAY more content. Little to no replayability compared to previous diablo games. No character customization in terms of how you look or how your character is played. You can't be a frost mage, or a fire mage, for example (you can only be a mage). Boring and repetative. Expand
  31. Jun 1, 2012
    Not complete **** but close. I giving this a one, because i'm reasonably sure they could make a ****tier game if they really tried.
    -Always online refers to the fact that you always play online, even if you just playing single player, However their always online is not always online, Its not online quite frequently actually. And when is down, you can't play... at all. This feature also allows you lag in single player games. You can now get disconnected in single player games as well. And you can only play when Bliztard ordains. They also decided to bring down at least once a week for 8 hours calling it scheduled maintenance, another nasty surprise to spring on their unsuspecting players. Unfortunately, the server come down more frequently do to their ineptness. Thus making a giant **** mockery of the phase "always online". Game play shallow and pedantic. Their rich set of skill seem like rehashes of wow and starcraft . Its kinda like mcdonalds where you drive by and they fling as ****ty sack of grease at you out their window. Thats the gaming experience here. Its like they did some experiments on mice to figure out how the **** them out of their money via a real money action system, and based a game on that. You get fries that are cold and oversalted, **** you give us your money.
  32. Jun 2, 2012
    8 years of development. REALLY? I mean, REALLY? The only feature that''ll make you play is the same ol' stuff, with stripped features compared to Diablo 2. This is truly a sad day for the gaming industry.
  33. Jun 2, 2012
    Error 37, end of story.
    Returned to Amazon for full refund under the "not working as intended" motive, no other explanation needed.
    Thank you Amazon for standing up and defend your customers, just like Korea Fair Trade Commission is doing by launching a probe and raiding Blizzard offices for abusive breach of contract.
  34. Jun 2, 2012
    It's the first time in my life I can barely play a single player game because of lag. It's ridiculous. Don't fear rare enemies or million HP bosses. Your unconditional heroes will be victims of lag spikes and you will be unable to avoid them. This is one of the worse game launches I've seen. Ever.
  35. Jun 2, 2012
    Unexciting items, unexciting bosses, repetitive content, login issues, friends have all been hacked. Overall the game is a game built around the excitement of items but thanks to their money machine the RMAH the game is horrible. No point in playing a game centered around finding items when the best items are right on the auction house and will only be worse once the RMAH is out.
  36. Jun 2, 2012
    Played the game up to act 3 inferno. The servers are constantly having problems, weeks into launch. The auction house was down 50% of the time. The way the loot drops in the game, forces players to constantly farm small increments of gold in order to purchase items on the auction house to progress in the game. Farming for items you can actually use does not exist. Story line wasPlayed the game up to act 3 inferno. The servers are constantly having problems, weeks into launch. The auction house was down 50% of the time. The way the loot drops in the game, forces players to constantly farm small increments of gold in order to purchase items on the auction house to progress in the game. Farming for items you can actually use does not exist. Story line was ridiculously bad. The music score was exceptional along with the overall theme (only positives). There is no customization to any of the characters. From the looks to the character, skill point distribution trees or stat points. Too many negative aspects for me to continue playing. If you are not already a huge Diablo fan, I suggest skipping this title. Expand
  37. Jun 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off since most people only read the first line I'll make my point clear: Avoid this game.

Artstyle: 8 / 10

The art varies from person to person on how much they like it, and considering the scale of models and animations on screen I would like to say that this was fairly well done. There's of course some lackluster color palletes in some areas and overall I'm not a huge fan of the player-character designs. Not much to really say on this subject really.

Design: 2 / 10

This is a rather long one to get into so instead I'm going to go over of some of the glaring issues which take the enjoyment out of the game: Diablo 3 has been largely designed around the Auction house, which is ironic since an application of an Auction House should prove be supplementry. Blizzard Rep's have even stated that drop rates were signifigantly lower as a result and that gameplay at higher levels will reuire the player to use the Auction House. This creates the "pay to win" scenario which becomes Diablo 3, witht he upcomnig release of the RMAH this will only become more aggrevating on players that are trying to be self sufficiant. Itemization is terrible, and the "legendaries" are nothing more than rare items *random terrible stats* with a different color for their name. This plagues the player to use the AH to find something that will help them progress, and is likely not an issue until hell / inferno modes.

Crafting is a high risk low return venture which i would pit on par witht he recent 38 Studios issues and Rhode Island. (RI Invested in a startup MMO, it went south.) Simply put its a wasted and bad investment.

Farming items and being excited about loot has become farm gold until you can buy what you want, or wait for thr RMAH and buy with with real money.

Online DRM for a game that is played largely as a single player since larger groups on higher settings are almsot impossible to play as. Stacked with having unstable and often laggy servers while playing alone leads to alot of player frustration wondering why they have to deal with lag while playing alone.

Several UI problems, both in game and extremly bad in the Auction house.

Auction house issues, having the functionality the game was built around down for hours on end, at this point the commidity auctions (gems, tomes etc) have been down for 11 days straight with no ETA on their return. Really shows the flaw with the AH being needed to progress and yet its unreliable. I'm beating a dead horse here when I saw that the Auction House's central focus point of the games oveall design has been the core of mose of the issues, which the other is largely in itemization.

Inferno mode is untested, Blizzard itself just took a random point and "doubled it" figuring this would provide a challenge, this however is an amateur move for a team of designers you would expect to have the common sense to check all the varibles without going into launch blindly. Inferno mode beings a kite fest or get one shotted, which is somewhat possible for some classes (albeit alot of deaths) to impossible for melee classes.

Enrage timers on Bosses in Inferno. Again, terrible design choices done by inexperience with the same heavy handed design found in WoW. Since the health and damage of enemies in Inferno is dreastically high with no testing, putting on enrage timer on a boss without knowing what a reasonably geared player's DPS should be is downright foolish.

========================

I'm going to cut it short there, theres several more issues as well but the point across is that there is a large amount of terrible design chocies in play and monetization of the game is the only thing working as intended.

I would highly reccomend people avoid Diablo 3 unless you are ok with "paying to win"
  38. Jun 2, 2012
    The whole game is based on your items, there are no skill points or tech trees. If you dont use the auction house you cant beat inferno because the item drops are such crap (Legendaries as well, IF you ever find one). The whole purpose of the game is for Blizzard to maximize monetarily (they take 15% of anything you sell in the auction house).

Also the story line is very short and you

Also the story line is very short and you cant farm like you could in D2. Bad servers and account hacks, I will never buy a Blizzard game again.
  39. Jun 8, 2012
    Look, it's not much of a game, really. It's a tool for activating a RNG. And yes, that's what the previous Diablos have been as well, but the fact that this game is just more of the same while being less interesting, is just insulting. It goes from boring to frustrating (if you can manage to play it that long, poor bastard). Once again I have to wonder at the overwhelmingly positive criticLook, it's not much of a game, really. It's a tool for activating a RNG. And yes, that's what the previous Diablos have been as well, but the fact that this game is just more of the same while being less interesting, is just insulting. It goes from boring to frustrating (if you can manage to play it that long, poor bastard). Once again I have to wonder at the overwhelmingly positive critic reviews. I wonder if they are playing the same g ame? It was never even meant to be a good game, it's meant to get people hooked in the worst possible way, and then generate money via the real money auction house. I played it all the way through to halfway through inferno, and.. meh. **** game, **** always-online-drm, **** service. Expand
  40. Jun 10, 2012
    It really pains me that after the LONG wait, only to get such a big dissapointment over one of my favorite video game titles. First of all, I don't care about the server being down on the first day, it isn't permanent so you just have to be patient and wait. What bothers me about it is that even if you're playing single player, you have to cope up with the PING. I don't live in the US butIt really pains me that after the LONG wait, only to get such a big dissapointment over one of my favorite video game titles. First of all, I don't care about the server being down on the first day, it isn't permanent so you just have to be patient and wait. What bothers me about it is that even if you're playing single player, you have to cope up with the PING. I don't live in the US but apparently my country is listed in the US server, okay thats fine, but the ping, imagine I have to cope up with 300+ ping while playing. Sometimes, the ping shot up to 1000+ and then slowly returns to 300+. To have patience with the server being overloaded on the first day is managable but this is just pure bullsh*t. I tried Europe and Asia server, both are much worse then the US server. All this would be avoided if Blizzard didn't apply the new always-online DRM to the game. Don't have internet connection? Slow internet connection? Too bad your money is now Blizzard's. Why do they use always-online DRM anyway? To avoid piracy? Please tell me they don't believe that by doing this, they would stop people from pirating their game. They only make it harder for their players to trully enjoy the game.

I'm ok with point and click games, I enjoy the heck out of Diablo, Diablo 2, Rift, Torchlight, Sacred 1 & 2 etc etc.. but Diablo 3 is just boring. Maybe its because of the fact that everytime you level up, you don't have any points to spend on stats and skills, instead you will unlock skills and runes that changes the skills effects, or the fact that you can only use 6 skills in one time. Or because the loots are SO BORING, i'm not kidding the loot is seriously boring. Remember Diablo 2? In your first mission in the Den of Evil, you already can get some sweet loots for a low level character, sure its not epic nor strong or anything but still you feel satisfied and wanting to get MORE loot when you see the magical effects that are on the equipment. Remember in Diablo 2 you can stack up 5 rune combo and have a sh*t loads of magical effects on your weapons and armor that the weapon/armor description window when you scroll over them is so long that it nearly touches the bottom of the game's window? THAT is awesome. In Diablo 3 however, you will be seeing a lot of "#% increase in gold pickup radius" or "+# (stats)" or "+# hp when you kill a monster" and some other boring effects. Seriously? Gold pickup radius? Sigh.. oh, and the Legendary items in Diablo 3 are much weaker then Magic items and much rarer, lame?

The story is okay, but some part of it are bad.. Like when Liah says that before, she doesn't believe in monsters, but around near the end of Act 2 she told that one time when she and Cain is on an adventure in some ruins (if i'm not mistaken), bunch of skeletons attacks them and she had to pull Cain out of there. .... what...?

I love the sound and music, Blizzard had always done a great job on the audios. The sound of the monsters are really good and the music fits perfectly. The voice acting, most of them are good but some can be done better.

The graphic effects are very well done BUT the graphic details however are not. The character models seems like it was done in 2006. Also, it didn't have that style of graphics that Diablo 1 and 2 had. In Diablo 2, the graphics were dark and gritty, in hell you can see some dreadful sh*ts, however in Diablo 3, they make the graphics cartoonish-like (not so cartoonish like Torchlight) and that's makes it lose the charm that Diablo 2's graphic had, even though Diablo 2's graphics were old.

One of the biggest problems I had is that you can't go back to the previous acts and kill the bosses again to get moar phat lewt. Maybe you can go back to the previous acts and somehow I didn't know about it, in that case, my bad. I still remember I used to beat the sh*t out of Diablo and Baal countless times and behold as Blue, Yellow, Orange, Green and Gold colored equipments dropped from them, that were fun as hell.

One thing I liked in Diablo 3 aside from the audio, is the boss battles. They were epic, nuff' said. If only you can go back and defeat them again anytime you want. Sigh.

You have to complete the normal difficulty first before you can play on the harder difficulties. It took me around 12 hours to finish it on normal and exploring everything from normal maps to caves and dungeons. Do you want to play a 12 hour game filled with boring loots and easy combat? Only you have to do it AGAIN in the Nightmare difficulty and AGAIN in Hell difficulty and AGAIN in Inferno difficulty? And if you want to play other characters you have to go through all of it ALL OVER AGAIN? You do? Then you might like this game.

My opinion? Save your money and buy Torchlight 2 which will come out this summer and is only 20$, it's so cheap it feels like you're ripping them off. Compared with Diablo 3 which is $60, really, get Torchlight 2. Diablo 3, dissapointing as hell.
  41. Jun 11, 2012
    Diablo III is lacking in every sense. The graphics are not stunning and too taxing on hardware, the plot redefines cookie cutter, the strategy level required to play the game is geared towards kids, the multiplayer experience is mediocre (especially when it comes to joining 4-player games), everything is mindlessly repetitive, high randomization and low rewards in both looting and craftingDiablo III is lacking in every sense. The graphics are not stunning and too taxing on hardware, the plot redefines cookie cutter, the strategy level required to play the game is geared towards kids, the multiplayer experience is mediocre (especially when it comes to joining 4-player games), everything is mindlessly repetitive, high randomization and low rewards in both looting and crafting only serves farmers and gold spenders.

The high critic reviews only stand to show how rotten to the core the gaming industry is. Use the harsh reviews to guide you towards honest review sites.
  42. Jun 11, 2012
    i played Diablo and i played Diablo 2
    You would think they would make 3 so it works properly on the servers.
    Not the case. Same pathetic issues. I waiting for the hacks to arrive like they did in DiaBLO one and two. the hacks where you work hard on your character for weeks and someone hacks in and steals all your weapons and armor. Blizzard said sorry when i called.
  43. Jun 11, 2012
    Diablo III is cheesy, soulless and seems to be made for ten-year-olds. Still, it's an okay game gameplay-wise -- on harder difficulties. However, and this is a big however, you have to start the game on Normal, play through the entire game on Normal, before you get there. And Normal is way to easy. It presents no challenge -- just keep clicking on the screen around your character and youDiablo III is cheesy, soulless and seems to be made for ten-year-olds. Still, it's an okay game gameplay-wise -- on harder difficulties. However, and this is a big however, you have to start the game on Normal, play through the entire game on Normal, before you get there. And Normal is way to easy. It presents no challenge -- just keep clicking on the screen around your character and you win every encounter. This is truly boring, and it's a 40-hour introduction to the game that you're forced to take. Not really worth it in my opinion. Expand
  44. Jun 12, 2012
    I've gotten my wizard well into Inferno. (Despite being female myself, I picked the male wizard because the woman's voice was incredibly grating. Hers was the only voice acting that I actively loathed.) When asked about the game overall, I'd say, "eh, ok." The story is painfully short, and your character makes virtually no difference, and has no choices to make. At this point, I expectI've gotten my wizard well into Inferno. (Despite being female myself, I picked the male wizard because the woman's voice was incredibly grating. Hers was the only voice acting that I actively loathed.) When asked about the game overall, I'd say, "eh, ok." The story is painfully short, and your character makes virtually no difference, and has no choices to make. At this point, I expect games to offer me some choices, even in a survival game. On the other hand, I found my character likable and sometimes witty. (I felt stuck with the templar companion - and he's intensely irritating. The Scoundrel grew on me, but was useless by Inferno, & the Enchantress was like nails on a chalkboard. Pink nails.) Blizzard asks you to replay the same story over and over and over - which I assume everyone knows & expected, but it got VERY old for me. As for game play & challenge, Hell was the most fun - it was fine solo. (I also played with friends & family - never the public games.) Inferno is hard, as everyone says, but mainly, annoying. Mobs have random spells - wasps buzz around bubbled & linked & spitting flames (if they did this in real life, I'd be off the planet.) I felt very limited trying to balance health & damage - it just wasn't fun, & didn't feel like using the character to the fullest - at the very time you WANT to be using all your abilities. Auction House - I hate that you have to buy gear, can't earn it other than gathering gold. Worst of all - recently they made General Chat mandatory. Before I can type "/leave general," I'm hit with gold spam. (I assume they're selling the items stolen off hacked accounts?) Every time you log in, you get hit with this, and have to leave chat (this gives plenty of time for gold sellers to spam you.) If battle.net changes this, good, but too late. Even so, after round 3, the auction house was still more interesting than the game. By the end, I felt the first round should have been optional. Nightmare felt utterly pointless and should have been either the first round, or nothing. Hell was the best - inferno is just a pain. The strategy seemed to be - "Well, I can't kite here - have to reload." I didn't mind the old fashioned styling, really - it felt like being back in an old Ultima. The armor dyes were pretty lousy, though. In conclusion - I don't hate the game - I surely don't love it. I might fiddle around on my wizard if I'm bored, but nothing could inspire me to run another character through. For one thing, the classes aren't all that different - even between ranged & melee. For another - I couldn't face cycling through that story again. Most of all, I don't want to be focused solely on buying-selling gear, and that seems to be the utter core of the game. And real money? Ha! I don't THINK so! In all, it held my attention for about a week. Expand
  45. Jun 13, 2012
    I gave it a harsh 3 simply because after all the development time, the hype and the very reasonable expectations I had for the game it just didn't deliver even for the hardcore D2 fans amongst my friends it was a disappointment.

The graphics are reasonable, nothing special which isn't a major problem, the sound is good, the story is poor (no thought required to create that at all, even when compared with D2 it is pretty dire) the CG cut scenes at the end of each act where stunning as you'd expect from Blizzard but that's quite simply where it ends.

I completed Normal, Nightmare and Hell so I gave the game more than adequate chances to shine, but glaringly it didn't, it handles multi-player very badly for playing with friends but somewhat better for playing with strangers in that if you join someone ahead of you on a quest it bumps you to their quests level and it's hard to figure out where you were previously (as an example if you are on act 1 and you join a friend even for a split second to trade with them who is on act 4 then you are now on act 4, when you go back to your own game you have to try and figure out where you where and where to continue from. To visit the Auction you have to log out of the game world and you will probably lose a lot of progress, regress several quests/objectives and at the very least lose all of your explored map and have to do it all again.

Damage doesn't scale and neither does level so if you try to help someone lower level you end up obliterating 100 enemies in a single swing, try to help higher level and all the mobs will gain 75=100% health and you won't contribute at all when it comes to killing them, in fact you'll just evaporate when they take a swing at you.

You cannot mail items and trading in game usually screws up progression as previously mentioned.

I've saved the worst for last, it is an incredibly short game with very little diversity, to reach level 60 you will have to play through Normal mode and complete the game (ending at around level 40), then play through Nightmare and complete the same content again reaching level 50, then again run through Hell difficulty doing the same content again to reach 60. At which point if you really weren't bored to tears you can do the game for a fourth time on Inferno difficulty just because you fancy a challenge.

In this day and age a game that cannot provide enough content to fill it's level range is pathetic, if they'd have cut it down to 40 levels it would still have been pretty short but to ask people to redo some pretty repetitive content three times to reach the level cap is just outright lazy, Hellgate London did this and it was a total flop largely because of it. Diablo 3 is a short sighted underdeveloped over hyped game from developers who had more experience and resources than almost any other developer and it's game was a financial success based on the Blizzard and Diablo labels only, not the game's actual worth, the fact that the majority of reviews here is negative is testament to that.

To top everything off, for the first two weeks on and off the game just didn't work period, login errors, full servers, all problems that were tested for in open beta testing and stress testing weeks before launch, problems that were simply not addressed. Frankly that kind of thing is acceptable (though really it shouldn't be) on day 1, maybe day 2...the weekend after launch myself or my friends couldn't log into the game at all due to overloaded servers, on the busiest day at the busiest time of the week "Sunday afternoon" in Europe the servers went down for 8 hours and the game was off limits to everyone, pure incompetence.

So why a 3 then and not a 1? I gave it a 3 simply because as a single player game I've seen far worse, had it have been priced a little cheaper digitally and had they not forced online logins that frankly didn't work 80% of the peak time the first week then I probably would've given it a more favourable review.
  46. Jun 14, 2012
    If you are a fan of the diablo series and loved diablo 2, do not buy this game. The story is horrible with terrible voice acting and a ton of holes. The boss fights are very dissapointing. This is absolutely garbage unless it is your first diablo game, then possibly it would be mediocre at best. The loot system is completely broken and the game has adopted the pay to win mentallity of manyIf you are a fan of the diablo series and loved diablo 2, do not buy this game. The story is horrible with terrible voice acting and a ton of holes. The boss fights are very dissapointing. This is absolutely garbage unless it is your first diablo game, then possibly it would be mediocre at best. The loot system is completely broken and the game has adopted the pay to win mentallity of many F2P games online. The thrill of the open world and roaming while farming is gone as you are forced to follow the repetitive and boring story over and over. Even the end game requires you to follow the lame story over and over.

This in all honesty was the biggest dissapointment in video games I have ever had and I have been playing blizzard titles since I installed the original warcraft on floppy disk. The only reason this has sold anyhthing is because of the brand name.

I wouldnt reccomend this game to my worst enemy, and blizzard has lost the business of myself and many others that I know due to this abomination. If you want a hack and slash title give torchlgiht 2 some consideration. It is made by the original diablo developers and has the true diablo feel. Also another title worth consideration is Krater.

Both of these games are 20 dollars or less and provide much more entertainment and value then Diablo 3.
  47. Jun 14, 2012
    Story: Dialogue is horrible and there is nothing special about the story. In fact I would say it is below average.
    Game-play: Game runs smooth until it starts to lag which is pretty often.
    Game-play: Game runs smooth until it starts to lag which is pretty often.
    Graphics: Aside from the fact that it looks more like WoW then the previous Diablo games, it is still designed pretty well. Other: AH is broken. Way too many bugs in the game. Blizzard continues to ruin the game more and more despite all the feedback on forums. Obviously they only care about $$$ and not the fans/players.
  48. Jun 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 had a heavy cross to carry from Diablo 2, where the focus of the game was the hunt for items and end-game play. Much of the buzz and hype leading up to D3's release came from the D2 community, whom naturally expected a sequel in spirit, a game that would last for years to come.

There is absolutely no rewarding end-game in Diablo 3. I write this with having around 130 hours played in Inferno alone. All players who made it to this last difficulty can attest to the statement. It's one part grinding for gold, and one part scowering the auction house. The supposed difficulty is nothing more than turned-up stat knobs and cheap one-shots. Drop rates are heavily influenced by the auction house, a fact very visible when RMAH was released and immediately people start finding legendary and set items in droves. At least for day. Once enough drops have been generated and the auction house is stocked, the cap is put back on. It really gives you no motivation to hunt for items.

Speaking of items, they have terribly boring stats. This is quite an accomplishment since the game should revolve around items, and they had a terrific system in the prequel. Instead of diving in to this issue further, I suggest people just go look at Diablo 2.

I sincerily hope that Blizzard will produce a satisfying end-game experience that can last for years, but I feel hopeless since the first "version" was such a large step in the wrong direction. The D3 team seem to have no idea what made its prequel last over 10 years with a sustained player base. It's like they haven't played it.
  49. Jun 16, 2012
    It was highly anticipated but completely failed to deliver. Blizzard made a poor quality product, and rushed to release it - just to cash in. Compared to D2, D3's story is completely lacking and characters feel emotionless. Act 3 and 4 seem like they were done in a day. The animated movies are poor, and mostly are hand drawn repetitive, the good ones are few. Unique game-play mechanics andIt was highly anticipated but completely failed to deliver. Blizzard made a poor quality product, and rushed to release it - just to cash in. Compared to D2, D3's story is completely lacking and characters feel emotionless. Act 3 and 4 seem like they were done in a day. The animated movies are poor, and mostly are hand drawn repetitive, the good ones are few. Unique game-play mechanics and true skill play are - None. In fact after D2, after 12 years of experience it fails to give any unique single or multi-player challenge, apart from the usual click and slash. The whole game is based around loot and repetition. The game needs to be completed 3 times to reach maximum level and difficulty. At inferno (max level) multi-player coop becomes almost impossible unless you have the gear, which you either buy from the Auction House or farm solo. At max level the same content needs to played and replayed a hundred times, to progress the same old content that you already played before. Then you gotta ask yourself what's the point? Where is the fun? Blizzard used their old WoW formula, create as little content, force players to repeat it as much as possible, so that they become bots who just do the same task everyday, like a conveyor job. The ultimate goal of the game is just to farm... alone.... for no purpose, as there is no open world. Now they also introduced a real money Auction House with a 15% transaction fee, to make more money off players. The drop rate and good loot are very rare to drop at max level, and you have to farm for 100+ of hours if not more to get anything decent, which you probably sell on the Auction House anyway. This game is not a challenge, not entertaining, not multi-player teamwork oriented at all. It's another loot farm fest of virtual nothingness. Those who fell for the marketing and paid for it (me including) just boosted Blizzards quarterly profits, but wasted their money. Expand
  50. Jun 16, 2012
    After a few weeks of play now, the end feeling is disapointment. The game is a total relentless grind with little OMG moments to make the journey really worth it. They should have tweaked the difficulty levels more so that as you progress into harder modes, you got something for your efforts - extra content? something that is more than just a mirror run with harder mobs. The way the elitesAfter a few weeks of play now, the end feeling is disapointment. The game is a total relentless grind with little OMG moments to make the journey really worth it. They should have tweaked the difficulty levels more so that as you progress into harder modes, you got something for your efforts - extra content? something that is more than just a mirror run with harder mobs. The way the elites get extra nastier abilities is kinda cool - but in the end to defeat those just becomes a 'die a few times -> learn the tactic -> repeat X times till dead' process.
    I've mainly been playing the Monk class, and at each level up - i check the new skills available - total disapointment there. I've not changed my toons spec for a long time. For all the effort of grinding levels, i'm still using skills gained from my first run through (below lvl 30). There seems little reward for gaining levels (hopefully different for other classes).
    I did like the story, the first time around, but that hardly matters after your first play through - there is no connection to the story after you've seen it once, it just comes down to progressing your toon.
    Loot - the stat assignment is just so random that again most loot pickups are annoying. Any non-magical loot is just wasted bag space and not worth carrying and again is annoying to continually keep dumping it from you bag. The loot part of the game really feels under done. DRM - sigh.... if this is a sign of things to come for PC games then that really makes me sad. I really do enjoy the social side of the game when online but there MUST be an OFFLINE mode available with any game (of this sort).
  51. Jun 16, 2012
    Hmm, where should i start? I played through diablo III once, using demon hunter. I never really felt compelled to play more then once through, I felt that everything was the same again. This game is sort of like fruit stripe gum, it looses its flavor after only a little while, and you dont even get the cool tattoo afterward. Im a huge nerd for Diablo II and the expansion pack, and thisHmm, where should i start? I played through diablo III once, using demon hunter. I never really felt compelled to play more then once through, I felt that everything was the same again. This game is sort of like fruit stripe gum, it looses its flavor after only a little while, and you dont even get the cool tattoo afterward. Im a huge nerd for Diablo II and the expansion pack, and this game came no where near Lord of destruction. The art reminded me of Warcraft which i absolutely despise. They need to fire their art directors, keep it interesting. Blizzard is no longer a gaming company, its a corporate entity polishing up games so much that everyone likes them. In the end, its not the case just look at the user scores. The auction system kinda sucked IMO, the story got bland after the 3rd act. I realllly liked the lore in the beginning it gave alot of depth, then i got to the last act and deckard cain wouldnt shut up! I dont care about every blessed demon just shut up and let me kill! Way to over do it. The backgrounds were actually really good, especially in the second act with the palace in the background. mmm, the regular art was too much like warcraft, i wonder if other people thought of that as well? The textures are so bland and unappealing, im glad they changed the color scheme from super happy rainbow warcraft funtime, to just a little darker, it fits the mood better. You guys should look up photos of how diablo III was going to look back in the day with the old art! Its looks like your playing through a F*****g masterpiece painting! (in a good way) Expand
  52. Jun 18, 2012
    This game could be a 10 star but there are so many failures it just doesn't warrant the high rating. From the fact that it is not playable in single player mode to be played offline is disappointing. The loot drops are COMPLETELY random... I am 60 in Act III of Hell Difficulty and have never looted or even seen a set item drop, nor have I ever had or looted a Legendary item. The pricesThis game could be a 10 star but there are so many failures it just doesn't warrant the high rating. From the fact that it is not playable in single player mode to be played offline is disappointing. The loot drops are COMPLETELY random... I am 60 in Act III of Hell Difficulty and have never looted or even seen a set item drop, nor have I ever had or looted a Legendary item. The prices which are driven by lunatics have the I game gold costs so insanely high to (in my opinion) entice people to the real money auctions to have a hope in hell to get a weapon or armor upgrade is beyond disappointing. I have not looted a upgrade to my gear since about level 30. The stuff that drops is utter crap... Low damage or retarded combinations with the randomized stats makes most of what drops as useless. The crafting is equally useless as the stats just do not compete with the stuff on the auction house. The game is so unpolished and unbalanced it has already turned into shovel ware for me. Diablo, and Diablo II were fantastic games that I got hundreds of hours of play and replay - Diablo III has zero interest from me to reload it. So, on to the next game as this one was a huge letdown. Expand
  53. Jun 18, 2012
    Who decided that this was worth $60, why do I equip a spear for the monk and he uses his fists? Why do I need someone to hold my hand through the first 10 levels? Why do I need to be online for a single player game? Why does the graphical detail look like it
  54. Jun 20, 2012
    I've put about 150 hours into game with 3 high level characters so you know that i have played this long enough to tell you DO NOT BUY THIS GAME:

The game was exciting although repetative up until inferno (last difficulty). In order to get past where i'm at i need millions of gold because of the broken economy in Auction House. In order for me to get that gold i either have to grind for one hour per 100 thousand gold or i can just buy from the "real money auction house" for 1 dollar per 100k gold. So basically grinding becomes extremely boring and repetative and makes you almost forced to pay real money to continue. If not, you're literally grinding for 1 dollar an hour. In order to get the gear i need to finish with second act of inferno I need min 15 million gold which means i either grind 120 to 160 hours the same damn part of the game or pay out of pocket 150 dollars. Than it gets worse in act 3 and 4. This game is cheap in the fact the content is so short only made harder several times over (they did that in diablo 2 which was fine cuz of limited space on CDs , now its just an excuse of being lazy in order to not make further game content). The art is pretty, but the graphics are terrible at least a good 10 years out of date.
  55. Jun 20, 2012
    This game is essentially bereft of playability or reliability. It costs $60, but then they want to nickel and dime the player with RMAH purchases. Actually, I was wondering if the RMAH constituted a violation of criminal racketeering and RICO laws, but I'll ask an attorney; it seems illegal to me. So premium game cost, then they want more money at the RMAH, and the game itself isn't veryThis game is essentially bereft of playability or reliability. It costs $60, but then they want to nickel and dime the player with RMAH purchases. Actually, I was wondering if the RMAH constituted a violation of criminal racketeering and RICO laws, but I'll ask an attorney; it seems illegal to me. So premium game cost, then they want more money at the RMAH, and the game itself isn't very good. Well, there's no game. You'd have to play it to realize it, but there is just no game. Even if you buy everything on the RMAH, there is no reason to buy it, because the content is being erased by patches. Its ridiculous.

Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere. Skip Diablo 3.
  56. Jun 21, 2012
    What a terrible ending of a great franchise and used-to-be great game company. When the game designed is built around corporate greed and RMAH, it is a recipe for failure. The first play though normal was fun but this game has zero replay ability and game depth. It loses the fun quickly and not rewarding to play in anyway. I swear that Blizzard will never get another $ of my pocket everWhat a terrible ending of a great franchise and used-to-be great game company. When the game designed is built around corporate greed and RMAH, it is a recipe for failure. The first play though normal was fun but this game has zero replay ability and game depth. It loses the fun quickly and not rewarding to play in anyway. I swear that Blizzard will never get another $ of my pocket ever again. Already uninstalled. Expand
  57. Jun 21, 2012
    A poorly designed knock off of the original. This review focuses on the gameplay in inferno difficulty at patch 1.03. Balance is non existent, ranged classes sack all defense for pure offense and die in 1 hit. Melee, well it's a joke, you stack vit, armor, resistances, block and dodge so you can last 4 hits. The worst part is that you are not dying to bosses, you're dying to randomA poorly designed knock off of the original. This review focuses on the gameplay in inferno difficulty at patch 1.03. Balance is non existent, ranged classes sack all defense for pure offense and die in 1 hit. Melee, well it's a joke, you stack vit, armor, resistances, block and dodge so you can last 4 hits. The worst part is that you are not dying to bosses, you're dying to random packs that are impossible to kill. And I do mean impossible.

Ok so you die, no big deal, save for when you die, you lose durability. And the repair costs are astronomical. An item that sells for 2000 gold can cost 4000 to repair. Why do you die? Because you simply cannot beat some monsters. Not by any fault of yours, but because they are simply too strong for a party of 4 to defeat. A character than can solo inferno diablo can be killed in Act 2 by some mobs.

Ok so how do you get more items, well you open your wallet. You can buy them with gold, but on each death you lose your gold (it starts around 4000 gold to repair your items per death and racks up), so you are not as wealthy as you'd expect to be. The only option is to buy them with actually currency, which of course is over priced. Blizzard takes a cut of each sale, and takes a 15% cut to transfer it to a paypal account.

Compare all this to Diablo 2. There were very strong boss packs, but nothing you could not handle. You start out weak in D2, and then by the end of the game you're very strong. The opposite happens in D3. You start out easily rolling through normal, but as you progress you become weaker even though you get better gear. Storage is also an issue, as you can only get 3 tabs (though the beta showed 5). It seems the game is more the first part of a game, and not a stand alone product. Blizzard is waiting for it's expansions to balance the game.

All in all, this isn't a game worth purchasing at least for the first 3 years of its release.
  58. Jun 21, 2012
    For a game that has been in development for 10 years, this game was a huge letdown. The first playthrough on normal difficulty is ridiculously easy, and enjoyable, but this game has no replay value beyond that. It's predecessor, Diablo 2, had immense replay value due to farming all sorts of awesome items, and with skill trees you could always remake a same class / diff skill treeFor a game that has been in development for 10 years, this game was a huge letdown. The first playthrough on normal difficulty is ridiculously easy, and enjoyable, but this game has no replay value beyond that. It's predecessor, Diablo 2, had immense replay value due to farming all sorts of awesome items, and with skill trees you could always remake a same class / diff skill tree character, and it played totally different.

The skill system, while innovative and unique in a sense, is plagued by issues. Any of the decent skills or builds have been nerfed by Blizzard. The itemization is .... lackluster at best. What made D2 great was the items. There are no good items here, the drop rates for legendary / set items are atrociously low all across the board, and their stats suck in comparison to regular magical items or rare items.

End game - the drop rates on the good items have been nerfed into the ground, and Blizzard does nothing to address any of it's fans concerns - which has turned the D3 community forums rather toxic. Story - is simply not good. Don't want to give any spoilers here, so I won't - but the antagonists talking points are redundant, out of character, and gives me more of a 'saturday morning cartoon' villain than a lord of hell.

all in all you may get enjoyment out of the game for five to ten hours, then it becomes very lackluster. I'd recommend you save your money and get a game with a bit more replay value than this. Which is sad, I'm a hardcore blizzard fan (every game except WoW, I grew up on Lost Vikings! and Warcraft : Orcs and Humans) - and this company has turned from a love of games to a love of your money. Even 'only releasing when it's ready' D3 is still plagued with bugs.

The fact that they nerfed magic find and it no longer applies to breakable objects, is sad. That is a core of what the Diablo franchise is all about, and clearly the developers are out of touch with the essence of what made Diablo 1 and Diablo 2, and in general Blizzard games in the past, successful.
  59. Jun 22, 2012
    remember when blizzard actually cared about what they put out? it is getting harder and harder every time they pump out a game that so clearly takes a dump on gamers.
  60. Jun 22, 2012
    0/10 This game was decent before all the nerfs. RMAH ruined this game along with every hotfix/patch implemented since release date. To anyone who hasn't bought this game yet, Please don't. You'll only help blizzard's illusions of a successful game.
  61. Jun 22, 2012
    This is the most disappointing game I've ever played. True it has some cool background scenery, other than that it's just bad on top of bad. Terrible game mechanics, terrible story line, terrible childish dialogue. They might as well have called it Diablo 3: Lord of Terrible. It's a pure waste of time. Playing with friends makes it semi-tolerable but they reduced the number of playersThis is the most disappointing game I've ever played. True it has some cool background scenery, other than that it's just bad on top of bad. Terrible game mechanics, terrible story line, terrible childish dialogue. They might as well have called it Diablo 3: Lord of Terrible. It's a pure waste of time. Playing with friends makes it semi-tolerable but they reduced the number of players allowed in one game down to 4, and they made it very inefficient to play multiplayer at all. I wish I hadn't wasted money of this game, but I thought they would improve it through patching. It's only gotten worse. Expand
  62. Jun 22, 2012
    Massive disappointment. No skill or stat choices, itemization is horrible compared to D2 (or any game of this genre really). AH broke the end game fairly hard. Seems like a big ploy to make bank off the Real Money AH. Also my account got hacked, and when I went to restore my stuff I was berated by the GM for having a key logger... which is interesting because there were over 2500 failedMassive disappointment. No skill or stat choices, itemization is horrible compared to D2 (or any game of this genre really). AH broke the end game fairly hard. Seems like a big ploy to make bank off the Real Money AH. Also my account got hacked, and when I went to restore my stuff I was berated by the GM for having a key logger... which is interesting because there were over 2500 failed login attempts on my account before they got in. Oh also - passwords are not Caps sensitive? What in the .... what are you doing Blizzard? Expand
  63. Jun 24, 2012
    This is not Diablo! Theres no old atmosphere, unique atmosphere of Diablo world. Music is not even close to the previous games. Graphic is like in LoL. Poor RPG elements.

Big disappointment!
  64. Jun 24, 2012
    at first i was, YAY a D3 this rox and stuff but after a month of playing i'm looking for a better game? Something is not right and that something is the stupidest design of the game ever made this is not a ARPG it's a kill everything that moves, there are no skills there are no attribute points, they auto distributed, and there is no way you will have the time to get a good item in gameat first i was, YAY a D3 this rox and stuff but after a month of playing i'm looking for a better game? Something is not right and that something is the stupidest design of the game ever made this is not a ARPG it's a kill everything that moves, there are no skills there are no attribute points, they auto distributed, and there is no way you will have the time to get a good item in game without the use of the AH this game is a fail and i feel scammed by #1 company that i always trusted to bring me what i need.
    Well Blizz another customer left i hope you have fun with dump games.
  65. Jun 26, 2012
    I have rated this game 1 out of 10, for the great music and sound effects, otherwise it would have been a BIG FAT 0. People would have thought: "if you really dont like this game why dont you just uninstall it and leave it.". Well, I feel so cheated out of my hard earned money to pay for such an unfinished game that I actually register with this site JUST TO VOICE MY DISAPPOINTMENT. NeverI have rated this game 1 out of 10, for the great music and sound effects, otherwise it would have been a BIG FAT 0. People would have thought: "if you really dont like this game why dont you just uninstall it and leave it.". Well, I feel so cheated out of my hard earned money to pay for such an unfinished game that I actually register with this site JUST TO VOICE MY DISAPPOINTMENT. Never ever in my 20+ gaming life that I have played such a crappy game: game is short, story is short and cheesy and childish, drops rates are crap (99.99% of the drops are NOT for your class, when its ur class equip it would not have ur class stat on it ie: str in a wiz gear), Arpg and the little action that we had was nerfed to the ground, 3 times for the pass 4 weeks since it went live, a general rule of the updates is that if they are seeing people having fun in game, chances are it will be nerfed in the following patch update. Final word of advice, if you consider yourself as a person that enjoys a quality game, dont waste your time and money on this piece of junk. At least not at its current state. Expand
  66. Jun 28, 2012
    I am a Blizzard fanboy, I buy whatever they made ever since Warcraft II. I was so eager for this title, awaiting it's darkness, it's evil undertones, it's epicness....I have met a wall. I did not find this in Diablo 3, actually I found a PRODUCT instead of an adventure. Blizzard has yet again made a game that it's HYPE outshines anything else. I actually enjoy D2 much more than D3 now thatI am a Blizzard fanboy, I buy whatever they made ever since Warcraft II. I was so eager for this title, awaiting it's darkness, it's evil undertones, it's epicness....I have met a wall. I did not find this in Diablo 3, actually I found a PRODUCT instead of an adventure. Blizzard has yet again made a game that it's HYPE outshines anything else. I actually enjoy D2 much more than D3 now that I have been camping inferno. There is nothing I enjoy in blizzards games anymore. I was disappointed in WoW Burning Crusade, Lich King, and now Cata. SC2 delivered with a fair game, fun pvp. D3 is now the nail in the coffin. I no longer will await anything from Blizzard. The games are just not fun anymore, they have been coporatized into a product for me to purchase instead of the drug i needed. Good luck in your future blizzard, and seriously consider taking a look at what D&D wizard is doing for the NEXT version. Notice how they are starting in a good direction. Take note, Expand
  67. Jun 29, 2012
    Blizzard should have stuck with Blizzard North. Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the original first two games (and extra expansion) of this series. After completing the game on inferno there's nothing else to do, no re-playability it's insanely boring to farm compared to the first two games. The itemization is so linear, just like WoW, you can't get through act 1 inferno without struggling notBlizzard should have stuck with Blizzard North. Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the original first two games (and extra expansion) of this series. After completing the game on inferno there's nothing else to do, no re-playability it's insanely boring to farm compared to the first two games. The itemization is so linear, just like WoW, you can't get through act 1 inferno without struggling not having a high end weapon from the end-game. I'm not saying the game is too hard, but the game all depends on the elites that are so unbalanced that it makes the whole game boring to play and you only rely on kiting. The boss fights are great, really fun but after playing it a couple times you just know the rotation of the attacks and again it gets boring.

I've never waited for a game so much in my life, this is really the worst game by Blizzard so far. This game relies way too much on World of Warcraft and not on the actual series. I'm not even gonna start with the auction house where I somehow lost items like a stormshield and never retrieved it because it was lost in the nether and admins couldn't do anything.

I rate this a 0, I'm entirely serious about this score, the game is trash, not fun to play, you can't skip quests, the story is pushed in the gameplay ruining it and it looks like they made everything for mentally disabled players, you can't discover anything by yourself without having something popping up to ruin everything (act 3, Azmodan telling you every single thing that's happening at no particular important moment).

One thing that really bothers me, the wizard teleport, 3 out of 4 times it's gonna glitch on the ground, but worst, there's a cool down on it, so if you use it and it somehow doesn't work you're dead.
  68. Jun 29, 2012
    Very fun and entertaining game, until you reach inferno difficulty that is. Everything at that point seems to fall out of place and this is where the true nature of the game you bought will reveal itself: that of a buggy, broken, boring, unrewarding and grindy game, not entirely unlike some of the worst free-to-play games out there. Except you paid for this one.
  69. Jul 3, 2012
    Laggy servers, AH constantly down, Pay2Win, No Endgame, No pvp, mediocre itemisation, No offline mode, idiotic story and power rangers level dialogue, absolutely no sense of freedom like d2, annoying cutscenes every 30 seconds, game built around RMAH, multiplayer worthless + Bnet 2.0 = ghost town effect. This game is DEAD already.
  70. Jul 3, 2012
    Diablo 2 = lots of fun
    Diablo 3 = not very much fun

Seemples

Makes an absolute mockery of the "critic reviews" here. How any fan and player of Diablo 1 & 2 can review Diablo 3 positively is beyond me.
  71. Jul 6, 2012
    Ugh. Played it for about two weeks on and off, then everything just became extremely boring. Nothing to make you want to keep going, nothing to make you want to level every class, and I'm pretty sure i could say about 100 other bad things.
  72. Jul 17, 2012
    I've played all Blizzard games since Lost Vikings and I must say this is their first major failure. What they are selling looks like developer preview that was done in 2008 and frozen ever since. And it goes for what... $60? I even took a vacation at work to play it and boy how I was dissapointed after a few weeks.

The worst points of the game are: Most of legendary items aren't

The worst points of the game are:
    Most of legendary items aren't legendary at all, considering the drop rate is very seldom;
    You get only 1 type of socketed item in 4 different flavours (I'd like to remind you its year 2012);
    Only a few different random-generated dungeon events;
    Amount of available map "blocks" is very low which results in incredible repetitive dungeons (you can see this even in the first act by looking at the cathedral minimap);
    You can't spec your hero the way you want - all the stats are automatically assigned for you at level up;
    No character customization at all! You don't really need much at this camera angle but it wouldn't hurt;
    Poor interface functionality - comparing item stats at AH is troublesome, only 3 filters and you can't filter by item armor amount or block chance;
    HP+ globe stat doesn't increases healing potions efficiency AT ALL which is really weird.
  73. Jul 17, 2012
    one of the most customer unfriendly games i ever bought. gameplay itself is OK, it is entertaining, but all the rest around the game is horrid: always on online DRM even for single player, and not helpful customer service. also the games still has a lot of safety issues (accounts cleared of gold, auction house troubles etc)
    best to stay away.
  74. Jul 17, 2012
    300 Hours played and 5000+ elite kills. My general review is below:

Pros: Beautiful graphics Smooth combat/animations Excellent camera angle and "feel" Cons: +No replay value +Poor itemization +At a certain breakpoint due to useless mods and poor system design, you basically stop having any chance of upgrading +300+ hours of gameplay and 9 Legendary | 1 set item - all
    300 Hours played and 5000+ elite kills. My general review is below:

Pros:

Beautiful graphics
    Smooth combat/animations
    Excellent camera angle and "feel"

Cons:
    +No replay value
    +Poor itemization
    +300+ hours of gameplay and 9 Legendary | 1 set item - all Worthless!
    +Poor tuning in Inferno - one shot mechanics and unimaginative scripted fights
    +Heavily WOW influenced
    +No realism in the context of a dark tense dungeon crawl
    +Crafting system is absolutely broke - no value in crafting items at max level
    +Poor if not criminal communication from Blizzard with its player base
    +DRM (always online) requirement
    +Your purchasing a license not a game
    +Real Money Auction House
    +Gold Auction House
    +No PVP

I could continue to go on but the game, beyond being successful at a gorgeous game environment, is a complete failure.

Sure - buy this game but if your a ARPG fan do not expect a game that is engaging and encourages replay value with its farm game and different classes. The skill system is weak and requires no intelligence. The farm system is boring and sad.

At best this game is a 3.0 and after playing Blizzard games for 13 years, I will no longer purchase any future Blizzard games. I've already sold the majority of my gear and will shortly be selling my bnet account as I refuse to play crap and then wait around for Blizzard to make effective changes that improve the game experience.
  75. Jul 18, 2012
    This game is amazing. It is the best game ever that requires you to exploit, cheat and bot until it's fun. The inferno difficulty curve is punishing. All the good gear on the AH costs 50-100 mil per piece and the repair costs are astronomical. Blizzard could have had something great here, but given the current state of things... it is looking grim.
  76. Jul 25, 2012
    I can't in good conscience recommend this game to casual fans on the previous games. After Blizzard finally addressed the launch connectivity issues, I was eager to get playing. What awaited me was tedious combat, a shallow skill system, and boring loot drops. I spent countless hours playing around with Diablo II, experimenting with the various classes, enjoying the endlessly randomizedI can't in good conscience recommend this game to casual fans on the previous games. After Blizzard finally addressed the launch connectivity issues, I was eager to get playing. What awaited me was tedious combat, a shallow skill system, and boring loot drops. I spent countless hours playing around with Diablo II, experimenting with the various classes, enjoying the endlessly randomized dungeons. Diablo III has already bored me after 10 hours. I have no interest in trying out the other classes. The dungeons are tedious. The always online requirement is as insulting as the server lag it inspires. I used to think Blizzard could do no wrong, but this title sadly proved otherwise. No amount of updates will change the fundamental nature of the game. Expand
  77. Jul 25, 2012
    Game was great until the nerfs started coming in; don't need some faceless corporation telling me how the game should be played andor enjoyed. What's next on the nerf list? Crit damage? Crit chance? Running too fast? Gold pickup radius too wide? Stacking a particular stat too high?

Crafting is a waste of time. I think every aspect of the game is somehow pointing you to the direction of the RMAH. Buy with real money to win. Ever heard of a "useless legendary"? Play this game and you will know what it means.
  78. Jul 26, 2012
    I was more excited for this game than anybody, waited over a decade for it. Blizzard kept promising how epic and amazing the game was going to be and made it look like they were really interested in making the game the best ever at any cost, and we waited for several years for them to do this. Now that the game is released, we all know that the game is complete crap. I tried to like it soI was more excited for this game than anybody, waited over a decade for it. Blizzard kept promising how epic and amazing the game was going to be and made it look like they were really interested in making the game the best ever at any cost, and we waited for several years for them to do this. Now that the game is released, we all know that the game is complete crap. I tried to like it so hard that I deluded myself into wasting many hours playing it hoping it would be good. I didn't enjoy any of this time. I still had hope that Blizzard wanted to make it the best game ever at any cost though, and they would just like theyve been saying right? WRONG 34 days after release, just after the 30 day money back guarantee expired Blizzard pulled a bait and switch and then took a poor game and purposefully turned it into one of the most boring games of the decade in an attempt to force you into using the real money auction house and spend more money if you want to enjoy yourself in the game. They nerfed 90% of all item drops in the game, nerfed magic find, removed magic find from chests, nerfed boss drops, and changed the drop quality so it would be almost guaranteed that you won't find anything of value so you can't even farm in a farming game, in an attempt to force you into spending thousands of dollars of more money if you want to get any item at all of value. The game feels like working in a chinese sweat shop now, it was a pure money grab and Blizzard just revealed themselves to the millions of customers that they are shady crooks trying to rob you. Believe every negative review you see this game is the worst of the worst, driven by pure greed. Don't let the title fool you, Diablo 2 was the best game of all time, but this isn't a real Diablo game, it's just a game disguised as Diablo devoid of any and everything fun and wants to rob you of your money so you can enjoy playing it right? Wrong. Even people with good gear are quitting because the game is just horrible. Now almost 3 months after release, the game is completely dead, there are seriously 1-4 people playing in public games in inferno quests. That's not a joke noone is playing. It's a ghost town. And the company that wanted to make the best game ever at any cost? Theyre nowhere to be found in response ot this game. They honestly dont care about it at all it was just a show and a money grab. We've been robbed.

I am a huge Diablo fan, it's my favorite franchise out of every game, book or movie out there. I can't honestly give this game anything higher than a 1 out of 10. It's just so poorly done, was falsely advertised, and they removed all the selling points of the game so they can charge you again for expansions to include what was promised to already be in the title.

If you're a fan of Diablo 2, just realize that Diablo 3 has less than 10% of the content available in Diablo 2 LoD, the story is crap, the writing is crap, gameplay is crap, theres not much to like about the game at all. You're gonna feel deeply unsatisfied if you purcahse this game. I recomend noone goes near this game especially if you are a fan of Diablo. They just want your money, they dont care about their customers. Look into buying Torchlight 2 which comes out soon, made by the developers of Diablo 2. It is a quality game for only $20. Guild Wars 2 comes out soon as well and has no monthly subscription fee I highly recomend this game as well if you want a game you can actually enjoy which wasn't developed strictly to get your money and nothing else. Blizzard is dead. Runic games and ArenaNet are the new Blizzard, support them.

Boycott all Blizzard and Activision games, don't support them with a single dollar ever again. I've never felt this ripped off by a company before The way they pulled this off was just so shady and disrespectful to the intelligence of their customers. They really are crooks dont let them get away with this.

Theres actually hundreds of cons I could list to this game's design but I wont even bother, just dont buy this game period it's the biggest dissapointment in gaming history. The only pro is the graphics look good. Doesnt look like a Diablo game though. Worst game ever.
  79. Jul 26, 2012
    Playing over 300 hours, and most of the time is replaying act 1 Inferno for better loots or gold. Seriously replay value is only to find way to beat all kind of affixes monsters @ different act. Multiplayer is terrible with rubberbanding lantency. And the musics remind me SC1........seriously.....
  80. Jul 27, 2012
    Apart from always_need_to_be_online issue which is universally known. The game is lack of content, just 15hr of playthrough and nothing surprise in any way. Gameplay had little to no innovation. Auction House made silly gameplay even more silly. I wonder how their spent 12 years to made crap games like this. The price is ridiculous high and Hey ! I don't like it but I don't have the rightApart from always_need_to_be_online issue which is universally known. The game is lack of content, just 15hr of playthrough and nothing surprise in any way. Gameplay had little to no innovation. Auction House made silly gameplay even more silly. I wonder how their spent 12 years to made crap games like this. The price is ridiculous high and Hey ! I don't like it but I don't have the right to sell it at all ! ! not even at 1$. Probably the worst Blizzard product ever. Stay away. Expand
  81. Jul 28, 2012
    Honestly diablo was a big let down for me, it really felt like blizzard was rushed by the heads of activision to sell this game on time and so they cut corners. it seems like i spent 60$ on a beta.
  82. Jul 29, 2012
    It's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributesIt's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributes you have to exit the game and restart the quest and pray the next lot won't be as ridiculous. Seriously! That's not good game design. Also, some of the poor dialog left me feeling a little let down. The constant over-the-top monologuing by the villains leaves you thinking you are watching a bad anime cartoon and in Act IV Diablo gets a weird metro-sexual accent that leaves him sounding more like a dandy-boy than a bad guy. If he had told me my armor was "fabulous" I would not have been surprised. Very un-Lord-of-Terror like. Maybe Princess of Terror would be more fitting. I know there is an explanation in the story for it but it still sounds quite bad.

My biggest disappointment with the game is not really with Diablo 3 itself but in the way Blizzard treats it's customers and their insane security policies. Diablo 3's game description boasts a RMAH (Real Money Auction House) but neglects to inform potential buyers that you MUST have a cell phone with a contract in order to use it unless you just want useless "Blizzard Bucks". You can't even use the "Blizzard Bucks" to pay for Blizzard services like a WoW subscription. That's not real money. That's utterly useless. Pre-paid phones won't work and Blizzard doesn't even maintain the databases that tell them if you have one or not. My phone is on a contract but the number was once on a pre-paid plan years ago (with a completely different carrier no less) and neither carrier claims they can change the database to reflect the contract status. Blizzard hits that database when I try to tie my phone to SMS Protect and blindly assumes I'm lying and simply tells me I'm out of luck unless I buy a new contract with AT&T. Even then it might not work if I get another number with the same problem (extremely common judging by the posts on hundreds of message boards including their own). Their customer service is useless and all but told me outright I was a loser and needed to get a real phone with a contract (IT IS YOU IDIOTS!). Blizzard relying on third party databases that they don't even control for my account security does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling at all. In fact that's about as stupid as you can get and still convert oxygen to carbon dioxide. The ONLY data they need to reference in regards to my account security should be the data I give them when I set up my account and my authenticator. Period.

Overall I am very disappointed with Diablo 3 and Blizzard in general. They used to be a great company with great games but now they have devolved into something seemingly designed to develop trash and alienate their customers.
  83. Jul 29, 2012
    I made an account just to review this steaming pile of S*** of a game. I started playing a few weeks after release, unfortunately I had pre-ordered and was out of the country during launch. I knew the problems people were having but it was too late for my wallet. Well I didn't have too much of the error 37. But wth, this game is so boring, the gameplay is stale, it has hardly anyI made an account just to review this steaming pile of S*** of a game. I started playing a few weeks after release, unfortunately I had pre-ordered and was out of the country during launch. I knew the problems people were having but it was too late for my wallet. Well I didn't have too much of the error 37. But wth, this game is so boring, the gameplay is stale, it has hardly any replay-ability. And the auction house absolutely ruins everything, you are wed to it now. There is no reasonable way to progress the higher levels with the AH. Blizzard whored themselves out to cash in on all us devoted fans. 11 years to make this pile of trash! Seriously, if was near Blizzard studios, I would love to just throw my damn boxed edition through a window. Please save your damn money, go get something on steam, at least Valve seems to still do right by gamers. And seriously wtf with the 'Metascore' or score based on Critic reviews, the only useful thing about your website is the fact that users/players can give their score. Either most of these critics are in bed somehow with some gaming companies and favorably review them, or you haven't got a damn clue as to what gamers think, they've missed so wide of the mark on so many of their reviews that I don't think the critic reviews are worth a damn Expand
  84. Jul 30, 2012
    Que dire sur Diablo 3 ?
    Un jeu qui avait des possiblités et dont certains espèrent qu'il en a encore.
    Il faut dire que le jeu avait pas mal de qualité : license diablo, d'assez bon graphismes, une ambiance pas trop mal, des sorts sympas, 5 perso assez différents. Mais passé les 10 premières heures de jeu, le charme commence à
    Que dire sur Diablo 3 ?
    Un jeu qui avait des possiblités et dont certains espèrent qu'il en a encore.

Mais passé les 10 premières heures de jeu, le charme commence à s'estomper.

Arrivé en cauchemar, les mobs ne lootent plus rien, en enfer, c'est pire et en armagedon, c'est juste risible.

Le petit quelque chose qui faisait que le farm était gratifiant dans la série diablo n'est plus. On en est réduit à farmer de l'or. Il y a bien plus de déception que d'excitation à identifier un objet. Et je ne parle même pas de la quasi déception de droper un item épique. Quant aux items de set, n'en ayant jamais dropé, je ne peux pas vraiment dire quel sentiment cela inspire ...

Les loots ne suivent pas la progression du personnage ce qui rend l'HV obligatoire si on ne veut pas très vite s'ennuyer. Toute leur stratégie est malheureusement basée sur cet HV qui induit un drop rate très bas et des items totalement incohérents. Mais sans ce système, l'HV regorgerait de trop bons items et n'aurait pas de sens ... L'HV a donc pourri le jeu et le plaisir de farmer.

Autre problème de taille selon moi, ce sont les maps presque vides ... Il m'arrive très souvent de parcourir 20, 30 sec de la map non découverte sans croiser un seul monstre. Et quand on en trouve, ce sont de **** packs de grand maximum une dizaine de monstres. En voir plus à l'écran nécessite un event. Jouant barbare dps, c'est un peu frustrant de rencontrer si peu de monstres.

Bien sur la réalisation remplie de bug, les lags, les retours arrière, les cheats, les exploits, les patchs dignes d'un jeu non testé préalablement n'arrangent pas vraiment le tableau noir du lancement ... Bref, voila, ce jeu en lui même ne mériterait certainement pas un 3/10 s'il n'avait pas été un diablo. Mais vendre un jeu sous une license implique forcemment d'être jugé par rapport à celle-ci. J'attendais bien mieux de diablo 3, je regrette mon achat.
  85. Jul 30, 2012
    The game that will have caused me to boycott all future Blizzard products, whereas I bought all of them + expansion packs since Warcraft 1 : - Underdimensioned network infrastructure at start while Blizzard knew it : they did not want to invest too much in infrastructure thinking of the fact that some people would leave after a few months
    - Hidden DRM with the obligation of playing online
    - Hidden DRM with the obligation of playing online while playing alone - hence making hardcore mode subject to disconnections
    - Obligation of buying a Blizzard Authenticator to take part to the RMAH : hidden cost that wasn't stated at the beginning
    - Awful communication from a company who clearly have seen its level of attention for the community with the increase of its bank account.

I planned to buy heart of the swarm + mists of pandaria, my money will now go to smaller and independent game companies who care for their customers.
  86. Jul 30, 2012
    After 200 hours of playing, I extremely disapointed bye that game. Big fan of the number 1 and 2, this opus is just made for let Blizzard earn more money with the auction house. All the spirit of the serie is broken with that game and the communication of blizzard is awfull...
  87. Jul 30, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a mediocre hack and slash game with little to no character customization and an insultingly short campaign offering nothing out of the ordinary. Neither the gameplay nor the presentation brings anything new to the table, if anything the game brings less then you would expect from a hack and slash game since the game is devoid of any kind of pvp or characters customization thatDiablo 3 is a mediocre hack and slash game with little to no character customization and an insultingly short campaign offering nothing out of the ordinary. Neither the gameplay nor the presentation brings anything new to the table, if anything the game brings less then you would expect from a hack and slash game since the game is devoid of any kind of pvp or characters customization that we have come to expect from the genre. The fact that i completed the entire campaign in a day with my friends could be forgiven if 10 hours it took was quality time. But no, the level design is pretty generic except for a few impressive backgrounds and a big part of the main quest feels like filler if anything. So in the end what you get from Diablo 3 is a mediocre action rpg with one of the worst drms i have ever had the misfortune to use. There is some serious problems when i cant advance in my single-player campaign because of stressed out blizzard servers. Stay away from this one. The sound-effects is pretty good though, i give them that. Expand
  88. Aug 1, 2012
    I gave them a score of 1.
    and that just because of the graphics and smooth action/walking part.
    the rest sucks big time in this game. i do not recommend it to anybody. they just want to fill their pockets with money. blizzard agreed with activision and turned to greed over fun. this comes from a 15 year long EX blizzard fan who played every single blizzard game untill now. I'm is
    I gave them a score of 1.
    and that just because of the graphics and smooth action/walking part.

blizzard agreed with activision and turned to greed over fun.

I'm is realy dissapoined how they destroyed the legacy by giving us this HALF completed dumbed down game.

i repeat: YOUR NOT SMART IF YOU BUY IT!!!
    if you like repeating the same 5 inches of the game for 10000 hours, have fun.
  89. Aug 29, 2012
    The first playthrough of this game is all you need. There is nothing new after you have played through normal mode except numbers are tweaked higher per difficulty to provide more of a "challenge". Normal mode for a new player might take 10-15 hours to complete. For an experienced player, this can be done in less than 4 hours, which shows you how small the game really is.

I forced

I forced myself into a mindless grind upon reaching Inferno mode. The quest for "epic gear" is addictive, but it is NOT FUN. If you persevere at this level, you will find yourself constantly asking yourself "why am I doing this?". I farmed probably 200m worth of gear, yet every piece of gear that you will wear comes from the auction house - the odds of you finding something useful for your class are so incredibly low that after 500 hours of forcing myself to play this game, I have not found a single item that is useful to my Demon Hunter.

Endgame can be summed up as: -Repeat Inferno [Act you comfortable with] over and over (maybe an hour worth of content) until your eyes bleed and your brain begs you to stop.
    -Every 5-10 hours you might find a semi useful item to sell on the Auction House
    -Acquire enough gold through sales to upgrade 1/13 slots in your inventory. If you are expecting longevity, stay away from this game. It boggles my mind that I played as long as I did, hating nearly every minute of it.
  90. Sep 13, 2012
    I'm not going to lie, I had high hopes for this game and it turned out to be the biggest anticlimax of my life. If the game was as brilliant as the marketing used to sell it, then I and millions of other people would still be playing. Unfortunately the repetitiveness and lack of addictive gameplay forced me to uninstall the game after 6 weeks and has changed my view of Activision Blizzard forever.
  91. Sep 13, 2012
    There is no replay value. The game starts out great and fades quickly! I have not logged in for months and refuse unless an expansion is released. Playing the same missions over and over is not what I want to do. If I could I would return the game.
  92. Sep 18, 2012
    The game is fun at first but after 10-15 hours it gets extremely boring. Drops are to simplistic and random. For example, a drop specific to a Monks or Wizards can roll Strength. That just doesn't make sense to me. I can see why it's possible to roll a crappy item, but to roll a item that there is no point using doesn't make sense to me? Make it roll like 10 intelligence or somethingThe game is fun at first but after 10-15 hours it gets extremely boring. Drops are to simplistic and random. For example, a drop specific to a Monks or Wizards can roll Strength. That just doesn't make sense to me. I can see why it's possible to roll a crappy item, but to roll a item that there is no point using doesn't make sense to me? Make it roll like 10 intelligence or something instead of 50. Don't make it roll the complete opposite stat that makes it absolutely useless to the point where you won't pick it up or pick it up solely to vendor for 200 gold.

Stay clear and invest your money elsewhere. I'm still experiencing buyer's remorse. I purchased the game even though I saw many bad reviews from users. I just figured they were die hard fan boys that wanted the game to be exactly like Diablo 2. I took a chance and was hoping I'd like it even though it wasn't similar to Diablo 2. Change isn't always bad. However, in this case the game has changed drastically, Again, not always bad, but this case it was for the worse. I feel like this game should never have been released. It should have definitely been beta tested further than Act 1 Normal and had the AH implemented. This game was not nearly tested enough by the public. The game was only played through by the Development team who was obviously blinded by their own thoughts of what constitutes a good game. One which is obviously not shared by 90% of the gaming population. I hope this game gets better but I have a feeling the reason why changes such as drop rates and such have not been changed yet is because they are directly tied to the core of the game (hate to say it because everyone does but the RMAH). Therefore, to change such a feature in the game would require the game to be completely restructured (i.e might as well create Diablo 4). Hope this helps guys,
  93. Sep 18, 2012
    The Good: fun Beta, first runs through normal-nightmare-hell ok. Game mechanics ok. The Bad: Worst loot drop QUALITY ever! High rates, but all crap loot. Botters, friends of botters/dupers or people with fat credit cards have the good gear - no hope for others. Inferno Act 3 is a wall unless you purchase gear, which brings us to the AH/RMAH(see"ugly")
    The Ugly: Auction House & Real Money
    The Ugly: Auction House & Real Money Auction House dominated by botters but required to get to end game which doesn't really exist, yet. High expectations from Diablo 2 may have been unfair, but D3 has been a disappointment & seems to drive players to the AH/RMAH. More recently server lag has made the game almost unplayable. Title should have been: "Grand Theft Diablo 2"
  94. Sep 20, 2012
    Everything that make Diablo and Diablo 2:LOD fun was removed from Diablo 3. This is essentially a front end for the Real Money Auction House. Don't bother with this crap title. All the reviewers who gave it anything about a 70 were probably paid for their opinion.
  95. Sep 20, 2012
    I'm still waiting for an apology from Blizzard and I'll probably continue waiting. I waited for years, only for them to not even BOTHER to write a login queue. So there I was, for hours, typing my username and password in only to get "Error 34".

Once I got in, the next few hours were sweet... until I hit Inferno. Now, I thought, was a great time to play with others. So I joined a group of players and attempted Act I. We failed, I accepted that. I logged off for the night and went to bed, to try another day.

When I logged back on, my Character was stripped bare. All my money was gone. I had been hacked.

I contacted Blizzard only to get a reply blaming ME for their security flaws. I have NEVER been hacked in ANY game or account. They claimed my e-mail had been accessed, but this was untrue, I checked my Google logs and no-one had logged in overnight. I had no "password reset" e-mail.

I'm still waiting for an apology. I guess I'll just keep waiting.
  96. Sep 21, 2012
    I really tried to like this game but when it comes down to it the devs tried to make their version of Diablo that fails in content, creativity and in listening to the community. Furthermore, if they don't like how the game is going they will change something in a quick fix with out telling the customer what they are changing and why. The game they released is practically a beta stillI really tried to like this game but when it comes down to it the devs tried to make their version of Diablo that fails in content, creativity and in listening to the community. Furthermore, if they don't like how the game is going they will change something in a quick fix with out telling the customer what they are changing and why. The game they released is practically a beta still since they are having to balance this, fix that, remove this and that which was thought to improve. Expand
  97. Sep 21, 2012
    This game is a complete failure, read the other comments to know why as almost all of them point to the same reasons. This is what happens when companies are too greedy.
    Do not waste your time in Diablo 3.
  98. Sep 23, 2012
    Let me explain why did I put "ridiculous" score as result of my HC experience during 300+ hours. Blind hardcore was fun, I admit it, but further gameplay turned out to be a true and evil korean style grinding fest. No atmosphere, poor design which is a mickey mouse toon if compare with D2 (hello, durance of hate), tiny locations and permanent fixes. Ok, I overcame this and played untilLet me explain why did I put "ridiculous" score as result of my HC experience during 300+ hours. Blind hardcore was fun, I admit it, but further gameplay turned out to be a true and evil korean style grinding fest. No atmosphere, poor design which is a mickey mouse toon if compare with D2 (hello, durance of hate), tiny locations and permanent fixes. Ok, I overcame this and played until paragon system cause I'm a die hard D2 fan. Grinding->selling->buying. AH killed the best possible social part of hack and slash - face to face trading. And as a final of this sad story I've lost my HC 60+10 bard which was on safe farm in act 2 due to lag. Sorry, this is it. I am not ready to invest more into D3 HC which requires tonns of time for progress to die after 100+ hours due to lag. My score means single positive memory of playing D3 - blind HC. After playing Torchlight 2 I feel myself so stupid for wasting time in D3. Expand
  99. May 25, 2012
    As a big fan of Diablo 2 I try so hard to like this game, but, the game boils down to economics in the auction house, in other words: Who can make the most gold and thus buy the best equipment. When the developers saw that people could play so well that they didn't need fantastic gear to take down end game bosses they nerfed those characters until they were nonviable for players at anyAs a big fan of Diablo 2 I try so hard to like this game, but, the game boils down to economics in the auction house, in other words: Who can make the most gold and thus buy the best equipment. When the developers saw that people could play so well that they didn't need fantastic gear to take down end game bosses they nerfed those characters until they were nonviable for players at any skill level unless they had ridiculous gear. Lag is ridiculously bad, so bad you think there is something wrong with your computer, but its not you, its them. Security at the moment is also an issue and characters who don't purchase an 'authenticator' from Blizzards online store are easy victims to the simplest of malware programs (that somehow evade modern antivirus tools) that are eager to strip your character naked of gear and gold. In its current state, this game is unplayable, in 6 months maybe they will have things up and running... Expand
  100. May 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The hardest part of Diablo 3 isn't Inferno difficulty, it's actually getting on the game and playing for any decent bit of time due to Blizzard's DRM enforcement. It was released two weeks ago and even now, the game's being taken offline for "Emergency Maintenance", which seems to come up on average, once every 1-2 days for several hours. Most drops are random and I would not at all be at odds with buying gear, in fact, I have. Buying it is the whole problem however - even when the game IS up and running, the Auction House may or may not be. The game itself seems to suffer from a few Warcraftian influences. One trait it shares with WoW is stand, click and shoot. If you're playing a ranged class, this can and often will have you hurting, if not just flat-out dead much of the time. A lot of the monsters come at you in droves and if you're shooting, they can and will catch you because you have to stand still. If you're moving, there's little you can do offensively. This is lessened to an extent if you play alongside a human player or 3. Whoever felt that ranged classes would better be played with a stand, click and shoot control scheme must have been on something. Imagine if Call of Duty or Battlefield were played in such a way. I know all too well that this is in NO way an FPS, but to have a ranged class with low armor only be able to play offensively while rooted to the spot is bad design choice to say the least. Another huge, gaping flaw in this game is the way that Blizzard decided that instead of a point-based system, they would go into dumbed-down mode where you can just pick premade talents for yourself and not have to worry about tinkering with your character very much (Another WoW trait). Some of the controls feel awkward and out of place, such as Demon Hunter's Vault ability. With Evasive Fire, Vault is really just not needed, as they both cause you to flip away from monsters. It seems outright lazy that Blizzard would add 2 very similar abilities, although, as it stands, Tauren Paladin in WoW has 2 stuns and a sleep ability, all are more or less forms of stop spells, so it's obvious that Blizzard outright will NOT innovate their games at all. The story in Diablo 3 becomes nearly insultingly atrocious at times; Leah's soul's status is unknown, her mother's whereabouts are unknown and by the end of the game, Diablo and the Black Soulstone tumble to earth. This all serves to become obvious vehicles to warrant future expansion purchases. The story becomes incredibly obvious at others points; AI buddy becomes trapped just before you face Diablo and urges you to go on alone. How did I not see this comming?? /endsarcasm. Boss battles for the most part are simple and unispiring as there is NO real tactic other than to shoot, run, dodge one or two random things, rinse, repeat. Finally, a good portion of the story is not very involving, you really can't care about characters who give little or no thought to a girl who had been traveling with them, city-to-city, (presumably for what seems to be weeks, if not months, in game time) only to be possessed by some iteration of Satan, and to have her body burned away and destoryed by an iteration of Michael. It seriously detracts from the story and shows Blizzard's ineptitude for writing a good story. Good stories don't have to be complex to be great. They can be as simple as Lunar Silver Star Story or as complex as Final Fantasy X, it all comes down to the writers. Not to mention that the game has 5 acts and can be completed in a day or two. As slow as I am, it only took me 4 days to finish it, and I actually explored the levels and did the side quests and so on (playing roughly 4-5 hours a day). The game is not horrible (aside from the online issues), on the other hand, it's not that great. It is however a mediocre title from a gameplay perspective and below average title from a story perspective. With as much time as Blizzard had to develop this game, in some senses, it's as bad if not worse than what Square dumped on us with Final Fantasy 14, if you look at it from a time vs product standpoint. At least Square didn't take 10 years to create an embarrassment of coding. This is simply embarrassing for Blizzard. They have had many games under their belt and many years in the industry. The only conclusion I am forced to come to is that it was all done in order to get the RMT auction house up and running as quickly as they could because World of Warcraft's sub numbers are beginning to falter and with recent layoffs, the time was "right" to recoup what few losses they have sustained. This game should have come with a title which was more true to life, such as; Diablo 3: The Quest For More Cash. Maybe the title will make it into a future expansion, which they WILL make. If you really want to play this game, and are still on the fence over the $60, wait and get it out of the bargain bin later . I pity those who bought the collector's edition. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012