3.9

1. Jun 11, 2012
    This gets a zero for the terrible story. Metzen went through the motions and churned out an incredibly flawed plot that made any Diablo fan squirm in their chair. Gameplay wise, it was fun...until you hit the Hell is too easy, Act II inferno is too hard spot and you must pray that the RNG is kind enough to grant you strong enough gear to auction or use. If you aren't that lucky, enjoy your ever lengthening resurrection timer. Expand
  2. Jun 18, 2012
    Diablo itself was raped repeatedly with a blunt object maybe someone blinded her and she couldn't find the players, it has to be one of the worst boss fights of all time, and why bother, when she dies she just spits out some crappy vendor loot. This game was designed for idiots who don't know how to control their money, it may as well have been a slot machine with pretty lights...

Thanks to Diablo 3 I went looking for another game, I discovered the guys who made Diablo 1 and 2 and checked out their Torchlight series I didn't buy Torchlight one since it was a single player game, but it came free with a pre order of Torchlight 2, and I must say I can really feel the difference between a game designed for the purpose of playing and game designed to take your money with your soul. This probably the weakest attempt of a company to copy a game made by guys who already left Blizzard to start their own company called Runic, had it not been for the poor story telling the laughable game mechanics where your spoon fed your class stats so there is no way in hell you can customise your class to assist your play style or difficulty its purely down to the loot, now while a lot of dungeon crawlers base formula is the loot at least the stats would give you an idea of what you can use to assist you.

Diablo 3 there is very little armour restrictions everyone wears the same armour and you basically run around trying to find the next best thing which is rare, rare items usually have opposing stats forcing you trade other players or since the last patch the stats are now even worse making most loot drops useless/unusable, this is what it looks like when a company rapes you for your money the game is stuck together with virtual ducktape. So much time is spent on things happening behind the scenes almost to try and distract you on how boring the game is.

Thank you Blizzard you have taught me to find the developers who make quality not the crap you trying to sell my you rest in pixels.
  3. Jun 19, 2012
    Not only this game is incredibly boring and repetitive, but the always-on DRM means you can't play offline--meaning when your without internet or during the numerous and lengthy maintenance periods. A complete rip-off.
  4. Jun 20, 2012
    Biggest letdown of 2012 by far. This game had so many promises, so much potential, and such an AMAZING franchise. Sucks to see blizz pissed it all away when pure, unadulterated greed that is the real money auction house (RMAH). This game no longer has a soul. It is no longer fun. It is no longer Diablo. Blizzard took a great game, gutted it, and filled it with useless "fluff" catering to the more casual of gamers. But heres the caveat, you have to be a "rich" gamer to actually progress. You see, Blizz **** all progression without the use of the RMAH. Thats right!! In order to progress, you have to shell out more money. For a SINGLE decent piece of gear, you are looking at $200+. To kick their fanbase in the nuts so more, after spending all this money on these "virtual gear", they do a global nerf, destroying its use completely. Thats right! After shelling out all this money for a new BMW, the repossess it and dumped you with a 1985 toyota tercel. Shame on you blizz! Expand
  5. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 proberly the worst hack and slash game ever created in history of gaming. Charecter customization has been dumbed down so much that every player is the same. The overall gameplay is boring and frustating as best. The game is designed so you have to pay real life money on there auction house to get gear. The days where you could kill endless stream of monsters to satisfy you gear needs are gone. Its really hard to belive its the same company that made Diablo and Diablo 2. Dont buy this crap game, waste of money. It do got nice graphic thats the reason why im giving it +1 Expand
  6. Jun 23, 2012
    The game itself is probably fine but the attitude that Blizzard is treating its community and their intention to drive everyone to use RMAH is outrage. 0/10
  7. Jun 24, 2012
    I have put about 80 hours in the wizard and have reached lvl 60. I am yet to be impressed.
    I had such high expectations for this game, and I have been let down.
    I kept playing I the hope that the game would get better, but sadly it did not.
    The game only get's marginally harder until "Inferno" which is the hardest Difficulty. which should be called Impossible. There are so many
    problems with D3, All the other USER reviews fully explain in detail.
    What Drives me crazy is all the Critic Reviews that seem to be paid advertising for blizzard.
    I wont pretend I know how to make a better game. In a word, "Rubbish"
  8. Jul 15, 2012
    Is it made in China?Oh, dam* game !(*=n)
    A huge disappointment, no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up, WoW inspired skills.Why is there no LAN?
  9. Jul 19, 2012
    This Game ist Very Bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Jul 22, 2012
    Ok I'm not even going to touch the abysmal dialogue or the bland characters or the storyline that's something out of Disney mixed with Power Rangers. This is a loot game, on with the gameplay.

Itemization sucks. It's very bland, nothing interesting. You're hunting for mainly 3 of the same stats for all your gear slots in order to be successful. If an item doesn't have one, most of the
    time it's complete garbage. The odds of an item rolling said 3 stats along with good value rolls on those stats are infuriating.

The difficulty is okay for Normal->Hell. Pretty easy. But the best stuff drops in Inferno, the gear-check difficulty. And if you don't have the gear with those 3 stats in all your slots you will get slaughtered. And chances are you won't have the gear. This is where the fun with the AH starts. You start buying gear for stats in order to progress, and that's where it stops being fun.

Inferno is not a challenge for the sake of challenge, it's a progression difficulty - a means to an end with cheap MMO mechanics built in like enrage timers and rez timers to make you either pull your hair out grinding earlier difficulties or use the AH. On that note, the loot that drops is not quality loot most of the time because of the sole existence of the AH.

Basically, it's a chore. A second job with no real rewards. You're grinding for uninteresting loot for that marginal .5% mitigation and 1% dps increase in order to progress to a later act. Once you do that, you face another brick wall. Gear doesn't enforce build diversity, and the cheap mechanics of "difficulty" shoehorn you into a certain build, narrowing build diversity even further.

Diablo 3 is not the wors game I've ever played. Diablo 3 is the worst letdown of a game from such a trusted company like Blizzard Entertainment. And I thought FFXIII was a letdown.
  11. Jul 22, 2012
    After played for 200hr (lv 60 wizard and monk, stopped at inferno A3), I realized this is a bad game. Why does it take that long for me to know that? Because I kept telling myself, "Blizzard does not make bad games, there are something better later in the game." I was going to write a long review as to why I think it is a bad game. Then, I just simply don't care about anymore. I left this review for anyone who has not bought the game yet. DON'T DO IT. It is not 200hr of fun, it is 200hr thinking "it will get better later." I feel really bad getting all my friends playing D3 since all of them quite already. So if I can just save one person from buying this awful game, I will feel much better. Expand
  12. Jul 23, 2012
    Game is fun for about 20-30hrs.
    Once you max character level the game becomes very shortsided. You stop having reason to grind except to get gold and buy SLIGHTLY better gear with SLIGHTLY better stats. Gear all looks the same and is a boring way to bring variables to statistics. Basically, it is a free game, but those who pay to play and buy gear/gold have the advantage...
    Of course you
    can grind it out and TRY to find decent gear.. but you'll find your self not farming for gear but for LARGE amounts of gold to buy 1 piece of gear... then rinse and repeat cycle. Graphics are good. Gameplay fundamentals are good. No replay value... nothing fun about it after the first 20-30hrs or when you max character.. Real money AH is a cool feature and you have the opportunity to make money. But its rare because most people don't buy gear for money, they buy GOLD for money, and then use the Gold to buy better gear on the AH. It's just a lame and vicious cycle that grows cold quickly. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BLIZZARD, Every game they have ever made I love. NOT THIS ONE THOUGH! REALLY BIG disappointment. Game flat out sucks after 20-30hrs. GG but try again Blizz. Expand
  13. Jul 24, 2012
    This game is reasonably entertaining for the first 20 hours or so (time for a run through normal->hell)

but after that it has quite literally 0 end game except for farming gold and buying from ah. In addition the combat is frustrating and progression is even more frustrating. Yes this is an ARPG that uses the term progression to describe you going through content. This game is
    essentially a single player top down version of WoW, Sounds like your kind of thing? Good, but not what the majority wanted from the successor to the greatest ARPG of all time.

Gets a 0 for taking money under false pretense of this being a sequel to diablo.
  14. Aug 7, 2012
    So.. I just returner from vacation, hadn't much to do so I launched diablo iii to play my lvl 60 monk. I haven' t played diablo for at least 20 days.... and what a surprise: after 10 minutes of playing i was so bored that i quit the game and went to watch some TV. That says all. The game has the most boring and repetitive gameplay ever. You start playing at normal.. way to easy and boring.. then nightmare .. same here.. hell is a little bit more challenging but you have already defeated diablo 2 times already so is still boring.. Inferno is a complete gear check ( that means you don't need skill to advance but good gear which you can only BUY from auction house unless you want to spend more than 1000 hours playing the same and the same act until you finally get a decent item) BTW i haven 't still found ANY set item until now... Don't buy this game unless you have 60e to throw away (and also plenty of time) Expand
  15. Oct 14, 2012
    It's interesting to see how some people come up with certain visions with this game that are completely untrue:

Xon - The game is well balanced / The story suffices

- The game is anything but balanced. All the classes are completely broken, especially the Barbarian which seems to get buffed every patch while every other class gets nerfed. With the new monster power system coming
    in, it makes absolutely no sense to play any other class other than a Barbarian. This should put up a red flag about the supposed balance. The story is lame at best; professional script writers have actually poked fun at D3's story as being one of the worst story line's they've ever seen.

Karma_Police - Everything that makes a good game is there / "when" they polish the game the game could be the best game in pc history / Blizzard fixing the issues.

- Haha ok this is a real doozy here.. how much exactly have you had to drink when you wrote that? The only thing the game has that could even remotely considered to make it great is it's graphics. It lacks everything else, from the music, to the balance, down to the non-randomness of the maps. They aren't fixing anything, they take about 150 steps backwards with each patch, tipping the scales in favor of not only Barbarians but a small % of players who use the rmah. Things like this have been pointed out since it's release. The only thing Karma has right is the loot system is crap, as well as, the DRM.,

For those of you looking at this and wavering on whether or not to buy D3; you need to know the truth, and not be subjected to these lies these 2 have put forth.

The only way this game will work for you is if you don't plan on progressing past Normal mode (which should take you maybe 35hrs of playtime at most. If your happy with spending $60 on that, then this game is for you. Keep in mind.. the 35hrs play time will probably take you about 200hrs real time due to the constant errors.
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    What an unmitigated disaster. Blizzard should apologize to their fans for this atrocious attempt at a sequel to Diablo 3. Why the game is bad has already been stated enough times to be clear. I just want to give voice to the overwhelming disappointment that this game has wrought on fans of this series.

Truly pathetic.
  17. May 15, 2012
    I can't play the game, I get some error code - server busy or somethng like that. I thought the game had single player campain, that's why I got? I try to contact tech support but the site is down or timeout. My friends told me Blizzards is the great game company - get game, I feel very disappoint now - just waste my money and can't play it :(
  18. May 15, 2012
    Pretty fun gameplay, but the requirement to be always online is ridiculous. If someone is torrenting on your network, enjoy the high ping for both the singleplayer and multiplayer experiences.
  19. May 15, 2012
    Unfortunately the graphics look dated and the game breaking bug is terrible. DRM ruined everything. The first level is nice, but then you realize that something is wrong. At some point, spaghetti got out from the main character, and they get on the floor and walk the dinosaur.
  20. May 15, 2012
    Designer Shigeru Miyamoto once said that the first 30 minutes of a game are the most important. So I hope youâ
  21. May 15, 2012
    Sadly i was expecting a better game. No character customization, no more attribute points to distribute, which would easily make the game a little deeper. And skills unlock automatically... this is a disaster.
    It seems like blizzard released their second bad game. First one was the world of warcraft.
  22. May 15, 2012
    Within the first few hours, it is obvious to see why so many are disappointed with something that was hyped up so much. Even if you ignore the DRM, the lag and the disconnections (as it is the first day), the game lacks any rpg substance that made the previous titles so good. Among other things, there is no depth in the way skills are managed, no attribute points, no customization what so ever (and by this I mean in any way, as everyone will have the same build as you),, and you can't even use your primary weapon to attack (that's right, it's just for show). Even if we ignore these, the game itself it just boring relative to other RPGs. Diablo 2, a 13 year old game, is actually much funner to play than this. If you're looking for a good sequel to Diablo, a true rpg game, or even a game that has any play value, I would highly recommend to look past this, it is definitely not up to scratch. And if you don't know where to go after reading this, I urge you to try the game dark souls, it is a brilliant rpg. Expand
  23. May 15, 2012
    Let me start by saying that I wanted to like this game SO MUCH... But unfortunately, I feel like I'm walking out of Star Wars Episode I all over again... Requiring internet connectivity is inexcusable, particularly when you cannot support the traffic. Blizzard should know better... That aside, the game itself is a let down for Diablo fans. The gameplay is simplified to the extent where it's unrecognizable to its heritage, and the lack of ability to customize your character is sad. Blizzard missed a HUGE opportunity here by trimming the story down to a FPS length -- The gameplay is super short, and the acting/VOs are laughable. (insert frowny face) Expand
  24. May 15, 2012
    Just completed normal, and half of nightmare, its boring and all about crafting, no fun, no cool items, noo cool monsters, music is boring, graphics are old. Giving one for old blizzard reputation.
  25. May 15, 2012
    First of all I have to admit that I only played the beta. The things I noticed:
    1. Always-on-DRM: seriously? Why do I need to be online in order to play a game in singleplayer mode? This means I can't play Diablo 3 if I'm on the road/vacation/literally everywhere where I don't have access to the internet. Good call Blizz.
    2. Casualization: So they decided to remove skillpoints, introduced
    achievements, auto-identify objects, town-portal button, removed the Horadrim cube, no PvP, etc. This list goes on. What I want to say with this is that by removing/introducing these features you removed the chance for the gamers to have a real challenging experience of the game. Of course there's still the Inferno mode, but as you have no control over your character besides the items you wear this is dumb. But I think the reason why they decided to do this will be shown in my 3rd point.
    3. Real-money auction house: WTF? You earn at least $1 for every transaction. When did you become so greedy? Right, it started with WoW, introducing mounts for $15 and this stuff. If this works for WoW then it'll work for SC2 (3 different games) and Diablo 3 as well. Hey, if the people are still buying it you would be dumb to not do this. Making the most money with the least effort was always the goal. So just convince the people that that what you're doing is the right thing and they'll believe you and buy this stuff.
    4. WoW-like experience: It starts with the engine which pretty much looks the same as the engine used in WoW. The textures and interface could also be from that game. Since Blizzards acquisition from Activision this company went down. This is only my opinion, people might or might not share it, but since WoW I've been watching the transition from Blizzard to greedy Activision/Blizzard and I'm boycotting every of there games until they change back to their old standards.
  26. May 15, 2012
    I didn't wait 12 years for forced online DRM with **** servers that boot your ass out every 15 minutes and pay2win RMAH.

0/10 **** casualcore wouldn't play again.
  27. May 15, 2012
    This may be worth a higher score someday but as it's currently unplayable due to the DRM measures Blizzard think "enhance the player experience" at the moment it's right in the unplayable piece of **** category
  28. May 15, 2012
    Why is this game named Diablo? The have successfully destroyed what made Diablo 1 & 2 great. They should have named it Call of Demon. This is like Call of Duty meets Diablo. Garbage game... I beat it in 3.5 hours. This is the most dumbed down game ever. Took the week off work for nothing...
  29. May 18, 2012
    i didnt wanted another diablo 1 or 2, i wanted something improved. is not the case here. for example starcraft 1 is like sc 2 but sc2 has a much faster gameplay focused on micro, is more modern, diablo 3 is not moder, is a diablo 2 more simplified. for example i dont understand why does the unidentified items exist as long as you just right click on them and they auto-identify. they should have focused on something else to make the gameplay more interesting, not just killing monsters, thats boring and should have been just a necessity, just a step towards something more interesting, like upgrading your hero or something. learn new tricks/skills/jobs, etc. in this moment i see diablo 3 as a flash-zombie-killing-game with a better graphics and atmosphere. kind of lame, is nothing modern about that. not even the search for items is not the same, you just buy them. disappointing Expand
  30. May 15, 2012
    No offline play and the biggest and unforgibable flaw, no LAN option ! I have fond memories of D2 playing with friends in LAN, yet the sequel won't allow me to play with a real friend (not an internet "friend"). I really thought they would implement this before release, but they didn't and that's a shame. In the end, money wins, player looses, because these choices, however they are presented, were solely dictated by the willingness (necessity?) to make more profit. Expand
  31. May 15, 2012
    Got to play it a bit earlier today, but completely fails now. The fact that they don't bother to prepare for this launch is disturbing and shows complete lack of respect for their customers.
  32. May 15, 2012
    Graphics are a VERY slight update from Diablo2, yet it runs nowhere near as smoothly on a computer with well over 4 times the processing power. The game play is literally only about 5 hours long, with some completing the game start to finish in just over 2 hours. Character system is dull and unimaginative. Skills are entirely too WoW-based. Bottom line, this game is fanfare. It only passes because it is "Diablo" and people accept it for nostalgic purposes. It costs about $60; and this is for a game that is 2-5 hours long. many indie games I purchase on steam have more than 2-3 times the play time for a play through, cost about 1/4 - 1/3 as much, and have originality to them.
    Bottom line- it is a bland, unfinished, ill conceived game. I would wait at the bare minimum 9-12 months and buy the GOTY edition for $30 and it is fully patched.
  33. May 15, 2012
    Piracy and console gaming has truly destroyed the PC gaming industry and Diablo 3 is just a horrific example of developers greed for making money.Diablo 3 is absolute piece of crap and i'd prefer the original diablo 2 billion times over it.Firstly the always online drm truly deprives you to even start that game and once luckily you get to play the SP then you for sure shed tears thinking "THERE GOES MY 60$" Gameplay is repititive,most of the customization elements found in diablo 2 are gone.The game is just a crappy remake of diablo 2 to satisfy developers money greed. DIABLO 3 IS A COMPLETE FIASCO.Stay Away from this one! Expand
  34. May 15, 2012
    Worst game launch i ever could imagine! We waited for that game for 12 years and all we get no is sucky DRM policy that due to bad hservers not powerfull enough servers gives us no choice but to sit and wait to play SIBGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN atleast for the mother of god freaking love...
  35. May 15, 2012
    Wank poor performance by Blizzard/Activision. Force us to be always be connected to their servers to combat, "Piracy", but fail to have enough servers to cope. I guess they all ready have our money, so they win and we lose. Should not be allowed.
  36. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard spent 12 years or something to come with the third installment but could not manage to make the game playable. Wait a year until it is stable since Blizzard could not care less about making things that work from day one they just want your money now.
  37. May 15, 2012
    I dislike this game profusely - it consists entirely of Ctrl-V, Enter, and dodging the "Error 37" and "Error 75" mobs. I was expecting more originality and WAY better graphics.
    Oh yea, the story line sucks.
  38. May 15, 2012
    Joke, can't log in. They insultingly release the installer 2 months before release, and then don't even let us log in after waiting 2 months.

The graphics are like... warcraft 3 graphics.
  39. May 15, 2012
    Took the day off work, couldn't get on last night due to stress errors, can't get on right now due to servers being down. I work all the time, don't know when I will get the chance to spend a serious amount of time on this game. Severely disappointed that I can't play a game I own. Learn from my mistakes: Don't pre-order from blizzard, don't expect to play on release day.
  40. May 15, 2012
    It's a scam, pay but you can't play - error 37, error 75, error 30007... They require you to be online to play, but they have no servers for you to play on as everything is dead.
  41. May 15, 2012
    Really bad release. Whoever rates this game a "10" is a mindless zombie. Was able to only get about 4 hours of game play. Spent the first few hours of release trying to connect to their DRM servers and now they're in maintenance mode all morning. Extremely disappointing for a company with such high standards as Blizzard.
  42. May 15, 2012
    I dont like the fact that you have to be online the whole time to play. It took forever to even get into the game due to this fact. A single player game that you have to be online for is a bad idea period. No I dont care if the kids that only play online like that way. I dont like that your not the one responding to conversation with a npc...the game does it for you. Its a lackluster remake and I would rather have my 60 bucks back. Expand
  43. May 15, 2012
    If you are an old fan of Diablo 1 and 2, you are in store for a lot of disappointments. The game feels as if it was rushed. 90% of the games cinematics are hand drawn sketches with motion added to them. Builds are a lot less custamizable and the game all together feels a lot more passive and less active/engaging.
  44. May 15, 2012
    I'll skip the already-covered areas of DRM, server availability and pay-to-win auction houses. What prompted this review is Blizzard's customer service and absolute lack of forethought about simple aspects of the game. Case in point: I accidentally mistyped by BattleTag and opened a ticket to reset it. The reply? "Sorry, we didn't code for that." Seriously? From crashy servers to generic, unchangeable BattleTag IDs, there is no part of the technical infrastructure that Blizzard executed properly. Since I can't play the game itself without the servers, my only frame of reference is what I saw during the beta test phase:

* The artwork is okay, if somewhat "toony."
    * The story is okay, if somewhat generic.
    * The Witch Doctor class feels entirely out-of-place, as if it belongs in some other game.
    * The skill and rune systems have been dumbed down from Diablo 2.

Overall, Diablo 3 is an average-to-mediocre experience at a premium price. The game plays more like an Activision title than a Blizzard one. Let the buyer beware....
  45. May 15, 2012
    All the build up for release, planned, calculated. EPIC Fail on release with DRM Servers keeping everyone from logging in. There should be an offline mode, and furtharmore DRM needs to be throttled back a bit.
  46. May 15, 2012
    Remember when Blizzard games were interesting, fresh, and changed the gaming landscape? Yeah, me neither. Just like Starcraft 2, this is an out-of-date attempt to peddle the same old crap to a bunch of braindead fans who will buy this just because "it's diablo". But then they even shot that in the foot with awful compulsory online capabilities and a mediocre campaign mode! Blizzard is a disgusting company and Diablo 3 is a disgusting game made entirely for a quick buck at the expense of a franchises' dignity. This sort of click-happy gameplay should have evolved into something better ten years ago, not be unceremoniously dragged out of retirement like Diablo himself. If you guy this game you are a failure of a gamer. Don't support **** rehashes. Go buy something new for a change. You owe it to Diablo's memory. Expand
  47. May 15, 2012
    This is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review, the game is that disappointing. The game is extremely short (no doubt for more $60 expansions), lacks LAN, lacks world PvP, has been extremely dumbed down and overly "streamlined" (attributes, skill, SEPARATE loot - lol wtf are you kidding me). Some people might find the changes appealing, but they have taken away everything I liked about the Diablo series.

I was slightly disappointed in Starcraft II. That should have been my first clue that Blizzard was no longer the company I had come to love. Diablo III is such a massive disappointment that I will never buy a Blizzard game again without serious research into the quality of the game.
  48. May 15, 2012
    Released a few months too early and its completely unplayable right now. I hope if you get this game you dont plan on playing online.
  49. May 15, 2012
    The gameplay hasn't changed too much since the old Diablo series. Unfortunately, since you constantly have to be connected to error prone Blizzard Server, the game is only playable for maybe an hour at a time when it's probably the most inconvenient. The first two Diablo games could be enjoyed by yourself or with friends via direct IP connection. This was in addition to the optional (at the time) battle.net matchmaking services. Essentially one of the four players could host a game and the other 3 could connect to that machine. With Diablo 3, you're at the mercy of Blizzard and their temperamental servers. Since the game launched at Midnite on May 14th, I haven't been able to play past 10th level.

From what I have played through, I wasn't very impressed. The game barely plays on the HD3000 intel chipset (which is most laptops). The story is weak at best. The abilities don't always feel like their hitting or damaging their targets. The constant server issues probably has me jaded. But what do you expect from a gamer who just wants to enjoy his 60 dollars on a sequel 10 years in the making? Sorry Blizz... this is probably the beginning of the end for you guys...
  50. May 15, 2012
    After a very, very, VERY bad launch (well done blizzard), the game was not physically accessible until 1 hour after the set launch time. Blizzard knew this amount of traffic was coming, due to their open beta. I managed to get in around 2 hours after the release time, managed to get a couple of hours in (Level 21 Wizard) then BAM servers crash out of the blue. Servers have been down for over an hour, and its only been the first day!

Another issue being absolutely no F***ing offline availability for a game we bought offline. You would get a lot less bad reviews if you let us play during downtime but no, you want us to write bad reviews instead

FU BLIZZ
  51. May 15, 2012
    The game in itself isn't bad, but Blizzard is clearly using this as a quick cash grab, a game that hardly feels like it's predecessors, and taking few steps backwards in terms of creativity and innovation. The lore has been butchered completely and most boss fights are people you have already fought previously in Diablo 1 and II (Skeleton King, Butcher, Izual, and of course Diablo who has the same exact skill set from D2 even though he has absorbed all the other prime evils). Incredibly lazy on Blizzard's part. Not to mention requiring an online connection for single-player and real money auction house. Expand
  52. May 15, 2012
    When I booted up this game I was expecting some awesome loot fest with my bros. I'm talking like better than searching the sorority houses on rush week for chicks with low self-esteem. Instead I got tons of DRM, no PvP, tons of server problems, and a game that broverall needed some extra fist-pounding in development. It's a brotastrophe.
  53. May 15, 2012
    I have to agree with 98% of the reviews. Blizzard crashed and burned hard. I'd hate to see an expansion pack for this game. Waste another $60 bucks, still cant play online, still cant play single player. I'd assume go back to Runescape than give this game any credit for being even the slightest bit better.
  54. May 15, 2012
    Unable to login to play the game. Online-only DRM. Real money auction house. Terrible technical issues, terrible customer service, extreme hype machine, no respect for their customers. Blocking twitter accounts that are critical of their incompetence, censoring / banning complaints on their forums, no sufficient response to legitimate complaints. ActiBlizzard jumped the shark mid-WoW and has only gotten worse. They have no respect for the people who pay their salaries and put food on their tables: their own paying customers. The company is greedy, technically semi-incompetent, and overly focuses on marketing hype and spin at the expense of sound design. They are all about maximizing profits at the expense of their integrity. A fundamental re-evaluation of their priorities and thorough cleaning of house is required. Expand
  55. May 15, 2012
    I wanted to love Diablo III. I'm writing this review based on my first day of playing the game. Ohh wait, I haven't been able to log in for more than 30 minutes at a time. There is no offline option. Given that Blizzard had 2,000,000 beta testers and managed 300,000 online simultaneously during the beta test they should have known the issues they would face at launch. They have a rough idea of their pre orders. Expand
  56. r_d
    May 15, 2012
    Always-online DRM is garbage.
    It adds no value to the game, and the botched launch clearly illustrates why we cannot trust it.

Demand offline/LAN play.
  57. May 15, 2012
    Why did I pre-order Diablo 3 if it is 24 hours post launch and Blizzard is still having connectivity issues? "Single player" mode lags in the rare occasion that I can actually play (usually the servers are down and overcrowded and I am prevented from logging on)

Character customization is illusory if not altogether gone, the game looks and feels like a console port, and the ambiance is
    boring. The graphics are pathetic, even Tropic III looks better than this. I gave it 2 stars for reminding me how awesome Diablo II was. Expand
  58. May 15, 2012
    It doesn't much matter what's in the game if the company requires a persistent internet connection to play it, and they can't manage to keep their servers up on launch day. I hope everyone at Blizzard is ashamed.
  59. May 15, 2012
    What is this game and why does it have the title 'Diablo III' on the cover? Can you make your "own" style character? No, apparently Mr. Wilson thinks its best if he chooses where all of our attribute points go. Cool skill trees? Nope, this poser game offers only 1/3 of the attacks per character. What about pvp that is usually the center point of online games? sorry true gamers, blizzard left that one out too. well can i still party up with my friends and play? well lets hope you only have 3 friends, because maximum capacity per game is a whopping 4 players! And the final kicker here is that its only available to play online.(which means you can play this game they call diablo 3 only when blizzard says so. Expand
  60. May 15, 2012
    The story and cinematics are great. Gameplay is fun for small sessions but after a while it becomes stale. Always online DRM is inexcusable and connectivity issues just make an appalling situation even worse. My advice: watch the cinematics on YouTube and give this $60 game a miss.
  61. May 15, 2012
    Bad bad servers. No such a good connection, failure on launch...lways online DRM, -Lack of skill diversity, -Connection errors, -Play to win, -Short story. This game is a step back from Diablo 2, so I recommend avoiding it.
  62. May 15, 2012
    You know, I hate to give this a 1/10... I LOVE Diablo 2, and the original Diablo.... But the sad fact is that this game is really fun.... when you can play it....Attempting to get onto a game that you bought when you first get home... and you cant.. is sad, but okay they want to open the server... even if i want to play single player, i have to wait on the server.
    Next I finally wait to
    get online, and cannot... for 2 hours... this even I expected, it was the giant DDOS attack from users spamming the "login" button.
    Sign on this morning, its what I hoped it would be, it has everything Diablo had, and is fun overall, the crafting system, loot, and everything has been improved.
    Next the servers go down after 2 hours of play.... okay fine they are fixing things... so for the next 5-6 hours I wait, and finally get back online, things are great again....
    Then again, server is offline after 2 hours of play.... Seriously? It is only the American server being affected by what they do.
    This is just beyond words. they need to enable us to play offline if we want for SINGLE PLAYER only if this is the way it will be. If we want to play online, then fine, let us have access to the online auction house only with those characters....
    Id say avoid buying this game for a couple weeks to a month until they fix the issues... but its just beyond words with frustration on everything we have to go through as PAYING CUSTOMERS....
  63. May 16, 2012
    This game sucks. Can't even play single player when the servers go down and they go down often. When they do come back there are rollbacks where ive lost several levels.
  64. May 16, 2012
    Legitimate complaint with game fundaments: We can agree that due to the decisions made about the attribute and skills system that all level 60 wizards that I make will have the same options available to them. Therefore, Why would I make more than one level 60 of each class? You wouldn't. So in Diablo 3 you will likely make 5 characters, which in extreme situations takes roughly 2 days per character to reach level 60. After two weeks of playing you could easily have a max leveled character of each class. Even the most casual gamer will be able to have a max leveled character of each class within a number of weeks. And as we previously discussed due to the "customization" allowed in Diablo 3 each of their characters will be relatively similar to yours in the since that they have all of the same skills readily available for selection. There is no need to recreate characters, no decisions you make in the game are committments, and I don't see where any level of replayability will come from.

Pretty game, great name, fundamental game flaws. 3/10
  65. May 16, 2012
    Well this game sure sucks. Had it been just a random game from an unknown developer I would not be this hard on it. In fact it would be somewhat respectable, but this is Diablo 3. Turns out it is a bastard mix between Diablo 2 and WOW, but without the parts that made the Diablo prequels great. Dumbed down, cartooned up and absolutely uninspiring to me. This is what I feared since the first images and info from this game emerged years ago. Blizzard was the gaming company I held above all other, now I just despise them. F U Blizzard! Expand
  66. May 16, 2012
    Any game that requires the player to have a broadband internet connection in his home just to play the single player campaign gets a big fat zero from me.
  67. May 16, 2012
    Pathetic. This shouldn't even be a game. The customization of online play that i loved in battle.net is missing in this game and the sad thing this game is 100% online. So you have bad match making and room creation with friends. Collecting loot is pointless just go for the high level items and gold drops anything else just ignore. Since all drops from mobs rarely go over 5 gold including semi rare stuff like gems sell for 3 gold. When a potion costs you 100+gold So you need to collect several inventories full just to buy 1 potion. Wasting about 5 potions doing so. The bosses feel unoriginal and less unique than older games and unique monsters feel less than thrilling to find. Shrines feel USELESS. The only thing going for this game is a beautiful art style. I liked the old story line in D2 where you unlocked a different story where you get to see what happened and how it happened. While in D3 the cut scenes are just cut scenes of the story you just went through almost like a recap. This is very much pay to win game who ever invests the most money will have the best gear and not really a game of skill.. Expand
  68. May 16, 2012
    I find that somehow game developers recently have lost sight of how to continue a successful franchise and it seems to be happening during the third iteration. Diablo 3 along with Fable 3 and Dungeon Siege 3 have taken what were excellent examples of adventure/action/rpg games and turned them into something else. I was honestly going to skip this game but my wife picked it up for me as a gift. After staring at the box for about half an hour I finally decided to install it. Upon installing the game I was greeted with a slew of errors while attempting to log in and finally gave up late in the evening on launch day. I went to bed feeling as though I should have went with my gut reaction and returned the game. I was especially annoyed at the utter lack of offline play modes. Regardless of Blizzard's reasoning behind this decision, it was a poor decision at best. This might seem like a viable idea, but I live in an area where broadband internet may or may not be available depending on where you live. Anyone who lives in a rural area, especially in mountainous areas will literally be unable to play. If I were to visit my relatives, I wouldn't be able to play due to the fact that they can really only get dial-up connections and even cell services are spotty.

The day after the theoretical launch day, I was finally able to play after work. I immediately felt underwhelmed by the graphics and feel of game play. The character movement and battle feels stiff and unexciting and the UI feels sub-optimal. I immediately noticed the lack of zoom capability with mouse wheel (admittedly nit-picky but this is really design heuristics 101), although there is a zoom button ('z') which zooms you all the way in or out. I haven't played it long enough to be certain, but it seems like a lot of the character customization appears to have been changed and or removed leaving the level profession feeling lackluster.

The lesson learned here is when dealing with sequels (or Blizzard) wait until the reviews come in or find a used copy in the bargain bin. Gameplay: mediocre
    Graphics: mediocre
    Online Requirement: dismal
  69. May 16, 2012
    very dissapointed blizzard. i was once a very loyal fan of you. but ever since starcraft 2 there has been a missing spark about your games. starcraft 2 had poor voice acting, poor story and the characters seem hollow and empty. diablo 3 on the otherhand felt more like a WoW title with the diablo 3 brand superglued to it. the lack of gothic feel, the cartoony character models, lack of stat point allocation and set unlocks of skills combined with the linear progression is highly dissapointing. i guess this is what you get when blizzard north go packing. Expand
  70. May 16, 2012
    Myself and my wife paid a total of $120 for this game and have been able to play once thus far for about 45min until they took the server down right before we got to the boss. Don't waste your $
  71. May 17, 2012
    Because I live and bought the game in Korea, I can't switch language and have to play in Korean. Awesome. http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/05/when-diablo-iii-doesnt-speak-your-language/
  72. May 17, 2012
    in France can not play more than 5 min "error 3007"
    no comunication of Blissard it is a shame
    or the price you pay for the game they could make an effort and provide for more server
    there has been a beta for it
  73. May 17, 2012
    If you are a experienced gamer that loves RPGs, Stay away from this one. Blizzard use to be known for making games that were easy to learn but hard to master, sadly they gave up on the later. Character customization is pretty much out. Gone our questions like "Which type of Barbarian do I want to be"? Blizzard will tell you what you want - and how you want it. The menu of Characters themselves are a bit odd. Taking a page of the trolls of WoW, Diablo added a Caribbean Voodoo master to a western Gothic tale. It's does not sit well. The Graphics while being easy on the eye, are nothing to write home about. Had someone told me this was a game from 5 years ago, I would believe them. The writing is taken straight out of a Saturday morning cartoons. "Now all shall suffer", "This is true evil" and other under thought cliches will be waiting for you. This is a causal game under the guise of a AAA tittle for gamers. As a causal game, it is quite good. But those don't cost 60Euros. And yes, while you are playing nothing feels better than being told that your connection to the server has been lost. Collapse
  74. May 17, 2012
    3.7 user score and 88 metascore just shows that there is indeed something wrong with this game. The fact that none of the big gaming sites and publications - GameSpot, IGN etc - have posted their reviews after three days is, at least, suspicious (maybe they just couldn't play enough since the servers are always down). The game not coming with PvP is another hint at how the quality of Blizzard games have started to wane. This game is not only a bad piece of entertainment, but a major sign that the beloved and reliable Blizzard is finally succumbing to greed and corporate antics. Expand
  75. May 17, 2012
    Viciously disappointed. The beauty and essence of the originals has been completely lost on these idiots. My god, do they not understand that the simple pleasure in playing the game was in the finding of that one item that would tilt the odds, the reaching of that one skill level that would give you the edge, and that the finding of the right combination of the two was in itself so satisfying that any shortfalls in other areas of the game were completely overlooked?
    There is no magic here. Just right click. No value in the item you find. No care for the skill level you might achieve. Just hack. and slash. and wonder how Blizzard lost it so badly.
  76. May 17, 2012
    Blizzard has had TWELVE YEARS to deliver a solid performance and failed. The first indication of failure is the setup/launcher failure to actually install the game! Seriously? You really screwed up the INSTALLER? Activision-Blizzard, if you are not embarrassed by this, you should be. Second, common sense dictates when you release a totally online game you make ABSOLUTELY sure your servers are ready! What? You only expected 150 people to actually buy the game? FAIL, FAIL, FAIL! Updated graphics and sound do not make this a worthwhile sequel, just pretty. As Tommy Boy said, Expand
  77. May 17, 2012
    This is the worst flop of the decade. DRM servers and no offline play. Hackers please fix this. And on top of all the BS their support will not even work or help you. They close out support tickets saying your problem is fixed without doing anything. They answer the phone while you have been waiting for 40mins on hold by picking up and hanging up on you. Anyone who preordered should get a refund now!! Expand
  78. May 17, 2012
    Simplified version of Diablo 2, everything we loved about the previous game is replaced with lowest common denominator crap. Awful WoW-style art style, and many of the moves are taken straight from previous Blizzard games. Story is very disappointing and the game is completely linear. There's no reason for anyone to play this when there are hundreds of better games you could be playing instead, and dozens of better hack and slash ARPGs. Blizzard employees should be ashamed that it took them this long to produce such a sub-par product. Expand
  79. May 17, 2012
    The need for a constant internet connection and the fact their servers CONTINUE to drop has just disgusted me.

Aside from that, no original content, zero character customization. Absolutely no replay value. If you haven't purchased this game yet, wait until it hits the value bin, you won't have to wait long
  80. May 17, 2012
    I was a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, but this is just ridiculous. The game is a fine addition to the Diablo series, even though it is horribly dumbed down for the casual gamer masses. It's apparent that Blizzard doesn't care about their customers and are just another greedy corporation. The invasive DRM kills it for me. WHY THE HELL DO I NEED TO HAVE INTERNET ACCESS FOR SINGLEPLAYER? So, if my internet dies, I can't play my game? Cool... I wish I could return it, this game really wasn't worth $60. Expand
  81. May 17, 2012
    I don't wanna sound like a rage nerd but i joined metacritic to make a statement. In Summary - a failed launch (previous sales of the game were known in preorders sales to other distributors how can you not have enough servers to support that!?) 80 minutes to log into servers wtf?

- dumbed down monkey play system (any fool knows this does not hold a candle to the re playability of d2
    everyone is the same with same skills just need to unlock the levels) you don't have to think about playing it again cause once your hero is maxed out they know everything!?

- pathetic server that constantly crashes (still getting 37 error 3006 error also being booted out and constant maintenence) I AM IN AUSTRALIA why am i in a US SERVER!?(no offense to those people) My ping is high i can't ENJOY THE GAME WHEN I DIE ON HARD CORE MODE CAUSE OF FREEZE FRAME LAG - stupid DRM when u play single player if you don't have a stable internet you know what guys? you can't play it... it will boot you and you lose your items great. you can't play it on the laptop and do some fun runs because you don't have internet. - pay to win(yes useless noblets will pay REAL CURRENCY to buy gold/items later on and own your face in PVP just because they have more money than you to spend to buy items they want. WTF is the point of being a peasant in a game are you serious who signs up to that?) - crappy graphics(torchlight looks better honestly nothing stands out plain bland graphics and just sad all round performance i have no idea why it needs a beefy comp to run those sorts of pathetic images)

- short gameplay (Koreans finished this game in 2-3 hours much replayability there? YES I KNOW WE ARE NOT KOREANS BUT it's short don't be expected to keep you entertained for long )

- Everything else is what it is a train wreck mediocre joke. i won't be supporting your stupid expansions and i don't think anyone should support their further expansions of diablo 3 I am not on the blizzard hate wagon i loved their titles (starcraft I and II, diablo 2, warcraft III FT I OWN ALL LEGIT) I once supported the company but on this occasion i cannot... it's not a matter of being spoilt it's a matter of principle that this is a joke and many people feel robbed for what they paid for a game that should not cost more than $5 AUD or $5 USD or $5 GBP. hang your heads in shame it might not affect you now as you are a multibillion dollar company but guess what lennon brothers died(who would have guessed!?). You used our hard earnt money to build your empire! If you hurt your loyal customers you will fall from grace, you are not the king of PC video games PC buyers can just choose to shun you out like they did to UBISOFT and you will become a thing of the past ... which is where this game belongs in the past!
  82. May 17, 2012
    A Ponzi scheme with absolutely nothing worth going for in return.
    Transform your e-penis complexes into amazing gear for real money: Diablo III is here!
  83. May 17, 2012
    This game is ruined for me because of the internet connectivity. I don't have anything new to say. I just wanted to give another 0 to help bring down the average. Fck you blizzard i will never purchase another one of your games.
  84. May 17, 2012
    So, after finally getting through the multitude of errors stopping me from playing the game i payed for, the games a dud. It doesn't feel like diablo. I loved, and still love d2, so much i beat nightmare on hardcore. But you have no customization. Every other witch doctor has more or less the same skills as you, your choices simply do not matter.

Oh and heres a bit of news that will
    probably piss some people off. The always on DRM failed. So while i am unable to play the game due to internet outage, or "Scheduled downtime" The people who stole the game are playing singleplayer without blizzard hovering over their shoulder. First you try to rip me off selling me 3 copies of SC2, and now this? Whatever blizzard, you've lost a customer. Expand
  85. May 17, 2012
    Since the time from when Diablo 3 was announced to the days before its release, my confidence in Blizzard has been severely shaken with some of the dissappointing games sequels they have released. And now, it seems that Diablo 3 is the game that broke the camels back. The respect I had for Blizzard being a revolutionary and innovative game publisher is all but lost. After paying the hefty $60 price, I am unable to play the game, not because of my computer specs, but the fact that the game has to be connected to the internet to play both multi and single player. I was aware of this fact when purchasing, however because Blizzard's server isn't even working properly, I might as well hang the diablo 3 DVD from my clothes line outside to keep the birds away; this way the DVD would actually be useful. In any other situation, if a company sells a product (or as Blizzard would like to call it, a service) in mass numbers that doesn't work, it would be refunded or recalled. This game is a perfect example of how corrupt the pc game industry has become, and how somehow it is the consumers who are out of line, because they are complaining about buying a $60 paperweight. Shame on Blizzard. By trying to discourage piracy with their always on single player connection, they only alienate the legitimate consumers who pay for their products. Moving past all of this, when actually able to play, the actual game itself is nothing new, rather an oversimplification of the former Diablo games. Attribute points are gone, character customization is limited to male or female, there is no options to choose skills (most of which are very unoriginal). In addition, the dark, moody graphics that helped define the Diablo series have been throw out for cartoony, WOW rip off graphics. To make things even worse, Diablo 3 has implemented real money, pay-to-win auction houses, allowing players to simply pay cash to create a strong player, rather than through their accomplishments in the game. To add insult to injury, players who use this feature will be helping to fatten Blizzard's wallet with every transaction, as Blizzard will be taking a 15% cut of all transactions, in additional to a $1 fee for every real money transaction. I am disgusted with Blizzard. 9 nine years in development and all we get is a money-making scheme disguised as the revolutionary Diablo 3 game that loyal fans to the series have eagerly been waiting for, taking advantage of their loyal consumer base. In closing, if there was one word to personify what I see Blizzard as after all this, it would have to be.. diablo. Expand
  86. May 17, 2012
    I'll keep it short and simple. There is no way for people to really express discontent with the gaming industry as a whole. If we don't buy the games people say we shouldn't have a voice, but if we buy the games we only support what we don't agree with.

I fall into the first category. I was very interested in buying Diablo 3 having played both 1 and 2 numerous times over. However, as a
    single player type gamer, and a person that doesn't have the best internet connection or desire to socialize I find it disheartening that few companies allow me to play games on my terms. Diablo 3 is just the next installment of software hating customers like me.

Always online DRM is something I'm just not going to support. A grind game where users can pay to advance faster. Both things I just can't and won't support. I still haven't bought Diablo 3. And unfortunately I never will. Bye Blizzard. You now are a member of the ranks of EA, Activision (yes I already knew you were part of them) and Ubisoft. Take your games and go screw yourself with them.

I'm buying and playing Torchlight 2 and other games developed for me as a consumer.
  87. May 17, 2012
    Coming from a die hard Diablo 2 fan, this is the worst excuse for a Diablo game that could have been created. I was expecting graphics similar to or atleast reminiscent of any of the Diablo games, but no it isn't. It's a watered down cartoonish shadow of Diablo that I may have enjoyed when I was 10 years old and that's if I had never played a Diablo game before. They took out everything I loved. I.E The skills you had to EARN, the character diversity, the amazing dialogue and the bloody graphics almost rusty style of graphics that I personally loved. This is a HORRIBLE EXCUSE OF A GAME. DO NOT BUY IT. Expand
  88. May 17, 2012
    I am disgusted by grubs that took a winning model (hello, Diablo II is STILL selling well in stores, grubs!) and clamped something down on it so I CAN'T EVEN PLAY SINGLE PLAYER ON A GAME I JUST BOUGHT. Never again. Do you understand me? No Starscraft, no Diablo, no WOW, nothing. I wash my hands of you.
  89. May 17, 2012
    The service is very **** at Asia.
    When I got the game. I have never connect to battle net steady.
    I think Blizzard do a wrong thing. It estimate fail at Asia.
  90. May 17, 2012
    Even more repetitive than the others with the REALLY ANNOYING DRM... Disappointing... At least the others were somehow more captivating than this one...
  91. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a rehash of Diablo 2 game mechanics wise, all that has changed is the progression has been simplified for people and the art style has changed towards WoW. There has been no innovation, even after a decade. Diablo 2 had it's flaws, absolutely none were fixed and although very few, more were introduced.
    This game is as shallow as they come. The only thing it does well is give
    you a great sense of progression, blizzard has captured how to do this exceptionally, and I hate to put it like this, but essentially the game provides fake fun On top of this, they promised the new way of progression would leave us with all kinds of builds and unique ways to end up. This is not true, all people have been building the same as they level up, then when it gets to 30-60 you have only 2-3 builds to choose from per character (unless you want to choose something... thats obvious nonsense....)
    This game is worth $60 if money is literally dirt to you.

[Server lag and AFK timeouts in my single player experience]
  92. May 18, 2012
    First of all know that you are responsible for what blizzard has become. You fed and praised blizzard by sticking and protecting WoW and its expansions so much so you would never see the truth about blizzard. Its all about milking (like EA). Did you really expect a 2d overhead perspective game to be something new? It could only have better graphics than diablo 2 and simplified game mechanics. Add to this the damned "Always online" new fashion and you 've got a shinny piece of **** by Blizzard. You people better start giving credit to other developers and stop being fanboys. Expand
  93. May 18, 2012
    By far the largest joke in gaming history. This company only cares about profit, to the point they will force you to play this game *online* when it's a single player game... Why does this matter soo much? Because their whole reason for forcing online play is their "Real Money Auction House" which they have taxed 3-ways!!! Thats right, you might be able to sell something online, via their system, but Blizzard will make a huge profit off each sell.

To make matters worse, they REFUSE to support any sort of competitive PvP system, meaning NO LADDER, NO TOURNAMENTS, NO RANKINGS, NO PvP AT RELEASE!!!

I give this game a 1 out of 10!
  94. May 18, 2012
    Wife and husband play together: Other remarks: 1. No real character customization. She kind of wondered why we had to put points into our chars when really there was no place to put them but what the game chose for us. This was weird. It didn't really seem like you were creating "your" character but creating one already chosen for you. This was a real downer. 1b. Skill switcher - Sorry this didn't fly well either. We have to open up a window to switch skills and select a new one. We don't have a box where we could put them on hot keys. "Why can't I just put my skills in some bar" she said.

2. Difficulty - As mentioned before the game is very easy. I can't believe how simple it is to move around and kill mobs. I clearly remember d2 being harder with more monsters and harder "in ground" dungeons. I told my wife that she would have to beat the game in order to make it more difficult , and then "replay" the whole content again. She kind of laughed at that and said "no thanks." ie replaying the content to get a better challenge for her didn' really go over well.
  95. May 18, 2012
    My opinion is based solely on the single-player experience, nostalgia and the expectations I had based on what Blizzard have released prior to this game.

The single-player campaign is very unimpressive and the audio logs (journals) that are meant to flesh out the world are more often than not of rather poor quality. The removal of attribute and skill points makes leveling up a trivial
    and uninteresting event, and it is nothing short of a tragedy for all those who played the two first Diablo games.

I experienced several times (roughly 27 times in a single playthrough) where the game would hang and all combat and actions were "stuck" and after a second or two the game would resume, causing monsters to teleport around based on where they would have gone during the hang. Having this happen on a T1 internet connection in a single-player game is beyond unacceptable.

It was Blizzard themselves who set a new standard of what we could expect from a single-player experience when they released StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty.

Whether or not they release new content, events and modes is entirely unimportant as the only thing that matters is what I think of the game after having played through it... and I am not impressed if this is the quality we can expect from future Blizzard games.
  96. May 18, 2012
    Fanboys, you do not simply rate "playing" with the product, you rate the whole product!

As a product, Diablo 3 is a letdown in multiple ways. These include:
    1) Buggy installations - numerous errors such as "Incorrect Installation Options Selected" when no such thing happened, and install crashes or freezes at 1%/5%/etc. 2) Lacking infrastructure to actually facilitate gameplay on opening
    day. Do you know how many "Diablo 3 Opening" parties were a let down? What exactly is the point of a "midnight opening" to be among the first to get the game, when you cant actually play it? And all in the name of anti-piracy when in fact the game has already been cracked (less than 48 hours later) and pirated "offline" versions are available through "other channels"!
    3) Laggy solo play - high ping times persisting days after launch, and many people just living far away from servers (i.e. outside of the US and Europe) is an aweful experience
    4) Ridiculous, opportunistic, and greedy price tag - it is no way worth what its being sold for, and this company simply took advantage of its fans. Smart fans will realise this, and they wont appreciate it. Then the actual game:
    1 point for nice music. That is all. 1) Graphics - the game reminds me of Monkey Island by Lucasarts. Its so cartoony and does its best to not fit in with the atmosphere that its trying to creat by the story and the videos - there is a huge disconnect here
    2) Difficulty - its retard-friendly. Normal difficulty is a joke.
    3) Interface - minimal character customisation. Things just unlock. Minimal thinking required. 4) Random Map Resets every day? omg
    5) Voice Acting - lol - another joke
    6) Real Money Auction House - profiteering and legalised 'cheating'. Performance can now be based less on effort and more on your credit card....
    7) PVP - not released with the release :P lol again!

This game is a fail. Diablo 2 is superior from an "atmosphere" perspective. Its superior from the perspective of "actually being able to play" too! Some might argue that Diablo 3 is its own game, and thats fine. However its a game that came with alot of expectation strapped to it, and has overall not lived up to the hype....it hasnt even come close to be honest. For a game that has been in development for so long, by such a big developer, you would be forgiven for thinking that maybe some fans had gotten tired of waiting and strung what we have here together themselves in their spare time. You definitely dont expect this kind of release from the mighty Blizzard! The company that only has 3 well-recognised brands, because all of them have (until now) been totally epic! Well folks, it looks like the beginning of the end for Blizzard is here. Very, very, dissapointed. Have actively persuaded people to spend their money in better ways.
  97. May 18, 2012
    Everyone should avoid this monstrosity at all costs. You have been warned. Blizzard should not be allowed to profit on this nonsense. Just because of the name, they figure they can half ass this and still make money. Guys, we should boycott this.
  98. May 18, 2012
    D3 has reduced the series to something else, its not the game it should be. Its overly simplified to the point where you could most likely teach a chimpanzee to play it. On the opening day, its riddled with errors, which normally would be expected but not from blizzard who run the biggest MMOs in the world. SC2 and WoW. This is a game which was developed for 10 years, I feel I could have gotten a degree in software writing, rendering, modelling and texturing and made a better game in the same timeframe. The lack of single player feels stingy and irritating, as the previous 2 games were primarily based on single player. The cash shop allows players to pay to win, the annoying thing is of course that you cannot choose to not play with these people as there is no singleplayer, playing the game requires you remain online. Similarly, the feel of the game, that is, the music, the texturing etc isn't in a unique style. Personally it feels cartoonish and unrealistic, so much so that the 128 colour graphics of d2 are more realistic. The music feels like they were trying to improve on a masterpiece by rewriting Tristram's theme. If you have played Diablo 1 or 2. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. If you haven't and this is your first game ever, there's a good chance you may enjoy it. Expand
  99. May 18, 2012
    Do yourself a favor and play a demo of this, or go to a friend's place to try it before you buy. I wish I had. I feel like Blizzard has stolen $60 from me, the graphics are ho hum, the story line is old and boring, and the action is totally BLAH. If anyone knows how I could get my money and time back from this experience, please let me know. Have all the great game designers been squelched at these big companies? Where is the fun and innovations I use to associate with big title releases? Expand
  100. May 18, 2012
    There are far many games worse than D3, but $60 for this is absolutely a travesty. Graphics not great, audio pretty weak, and when playing you know that it's not worth even $30 so it makes the game that much worse. Everyone has said enough already, but don't buy this game now.
  101. May 17, 2012