4.0

1. Jun 1, 2012
    I've played around a 100 hours of Diablo 3 and I can say I have an accurate grasp overall on the release. Yes, the critic reviews are positive. My review would be too if I only played for a few hours on normal. The game doesn't have much replay value so leveling past your first hero might get boring. The auction house is dreadful; it rarely works, has a very limited post limit, and isI've played around a 100 hours of Diablo 3 and I can say I have an accurate grasp overall on the release. Yes, the critic reviews are positive. My review would be too if I only played for a few hours on normal. The game doesn't have much replay value so leveling past your first hero might get boring. The auction house is dreadful; it rarely works, has a very limited post limit, and is incredibly inflated. Inferno mode is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I've cleared through most of it (painstakingly) but it literally wasn't even tested by Blizzard. A lot of down time combined with many late game inconveniences makes this the biggest gaming disappointment in years. Expand
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    One week game. The new game director misunderstood what diablo 2 was about, he thinks random = fun, its not. Choice and relationship between random and fixed stats were fun in d2, and d3 fails to deliver. Everything (every build, weapon costumisation) feels the same.
  3. Jun 6, 2012
    I have nothing new to add. I'm experiancing the same server problems as everyone else. I understand the need for server maintenance, but then again Google never goes down. It may be a technical thing to do with game servers but I rarely have a problem with the Steam servers.

Still that's all moot since none of it would be an issue at all if there were a seperate offline mode available. I used to hold Blizzard up on a pedestal with Valve as an all round good game developer but a single player game that relies on an always on connection to unreliable servers? It's utterly ridiculous.
  4. Jun 6, 2012
    The main problem with this game is that it's just boring. Mobs, items, story...all are just goddamn boring.
    Second major problem is the always online requirement. **** that for a joke for a single player game (and don't tell me this is a multiplayer game - single play is a major component). Server down for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance? Too bad, you can't play the game. **** you Blizzard. At least Dawnguard is coming out soon and I can get back to a proper game.
  5. Jun 23, 2012
    The game itself is probably fine but the attitude that Blizzard is treating its community and their intention to drive everyone to use RMAH is outrage. 0/10
  6. Jul 14, 2012
    Blizzard promised a game that would be fun to play (it was -- briefly), feature prominent PvP (it doesn't have it at all), and would be viable to play long after reaching level 60 (it's not). Instead, they delivered mediocrity tailored to maximizing profits, in particular by manipulating drop rates in order to increase prices on the RMAH. Blizzard is not the company they were in 2000. TheyBlizzard promised a game that would be fun to play (it was -- briefly), feature prominent PvP (it doesn't have it at all), and would be viable to play long after reaching level 60 (it's not). Instead, they delivered mediocrity tailored to maximizing profits, in particular by manipulating drop rates in order to increase prices on the RMAH. Blizzard is not the company they were in 2000. They are a single-minded corporate driven money-making behemoth, There is nothing wrong with that, except that those companies make games designed to make them money, not games designed to deliver players a great experience and extensive replayability. Wish I could get my money back. None of my 15 or so friends that started playing this game in May still play it. Not one kept playing more than 6 weeks. If you haven't bought it yet, avoid it like the plague. Expand
  7. Jul 22, 2012
    Ok I'm not even going to touch the abysmal dialogue or the bland characters or the storyline that's something out of Disney mixed with Power Rangers. This is a loot game, on with the gameplay.

Itemization sucks. It's very bland, nothing interesting. You're hunting for mainly 3 of the same stats for all your gear slots in order to be successful. If an item doesn't have one, most of the time it's complete garbage. The odds of an item rolling said 3 stats along with good value rolls on those stats are infuriating.

The difficulty is okay for Normal->Hell. Pretty easy. But the best stuff drops in Inferno, the gear-check difficulty. And if you don't have the gear with those 3 stats in all your slots you will get slaughtered. And chances are you won't have the gear. This is where the fun with the AH starts. You start buying gear for stats in order to progress, and that's where it stops being fun.

Inferno is not a challenge for the sake of challenge, it's a progression difficulty - a means to an end with cheap MMO mechanics built in like enrage timers and rez timers to make you either pull your hair out grinding earlier difficulties or use the AH. On that note, the loot that drops is not quality loot most of the time because of the sole existence of the AH.

Basically, it's a chore. A second job with no real rewards. You're grinding for uninteresting loot for that marginal .5% mitigation and 1% dps increase in order to progress to a later act. Once you do that, you face another brick wall. Gear doesn't enforce build diversity, and the cheap mechanics of "difficulty" shoehorn you into a certain build, narrowing build diversity even further.

Diablo 3 is not the wors game I've ever played. Diablo 3 is the worst letdown of a game from such a trusted company like Blizzard Entertainment. And I thought FFXIII was a letdown.
  8. Jul 24, 2012
    This game is reasonably entertaining for the first 20 hours or so (time for a run through normal->hell)

but after that it has quite literally 0 end game except for farming gold and buying from ah. In addition the combat is frustrating and progression is even more frustrating. Yes this is an ARPG that uses the term progression to describe you going through content. This game is essentially a single player top down version of WoW, Sounds like your kind of thing? Good, but not what the majority wanted from the successor to the greatest ARPG of all time.

Gets a 0 for taking money under false pretense of this being a sequel to diablo.
  9. Jul 27, 2012
    Let me start off by saying that this is NOT a Diablo game. It is a World of Warcraft-ish spinoff in which Blizzard slapped their name on. Avid fans of Diablo1 and D2 need not apply! This game is completely lacking of all/any end-game content. Furthermore, they plan to implement a noncompetitive arena only based PvP system for 4v4s ONLY, which is still months away, and they haven'tLet me start off by saying that this is NOT a Diablo game. It is a World of Warcraft-ish spinoff in which Blizzard slapped their name on. Avid fans of Diablo1 and D2 need not apply! This game is completely lacking of all/any end-game content. Furthermore, they plan to implement a noncompetitive arena only based PvP system for 4v4s ONLY, which is still months away, and they haven't released any plans for any other endgame yet... But they have stated they have some prospects. I wouldn't get my hopes up given their track record since release.

Item grinding, at ridiculously low drop rates (lower than d2), is their current version of endgame and the drop rates have taken into account their RMAH and GAH (real money auction house; gold auction house) systems. What's even worse is that upon the low droprates of say, a legendary, you also have to hope RNG shows you love on property rolls on that item.... For EACH property. With that being said, don't plan on progressing in this game alone.... And with that being said don't plan on playing this game in multiplayer, because the game becomes heavily lopsided so punish multiplayer games, unless you and your team are ridiculously geared and skilled and have plenty of time to waste. Instead of progressing yourself, you will mainly find yourself farming gold, not items, for auction house progression.

The game was released in online mode only to protect the players from botting, hacks, etc but that promise fell through as bots have already ruined the economy and continue to run rampant, exacerbating inflation. Simply put, the online mode only, that is required, only protected Blizzard from people playing with pirated copies instead of protecting all parties involved.

The dev team is very poor about the implementation of fixes, the game is riddled with bugs and exploits from an extremely limited beta testing phase. Truth be told, this game is in a paid beta state and that's me being nice.

To make matter worse, Blizzard upholds their reputation to cater to the general playerbase skill level, so hardcore people and elites need not apply. Inferno mode, the original difficulty intended for "the few skilled and dedicated players" was nerfed less than a month after release. And not a well thought out nerf either, a "everyone can now do this" type nerf. Nerf nerf nerf, that's all this game has been so far. Simply put, this game is fun for maybe 100 hours. Anything more is a job. You can be the judge of if you want to spend 60$ on it for that kind of time. However, past that the game is quite terrible. Other than having nice graphics it has nothing really going for it. It's just a game with multiple WoW systems implemented and a Diablo name stamped on the box (for sales).

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  10. Aug 7, 2012
    So.. I just returner from vacation, hadn't much to do so I launched diablo iii to play my lvl 60 monk. I haven' t played diablo for at least 20 days.... and what a surprise: after 10 minutes of playing i was so bored that i quit the game and went to watch some TV. That says all. The game has the most boring and repetitive gameplay ever. You start playing at normal.. way to easy andSo.. I just returner from vacation, hadn't much to do so I launched diablo iii to play my lvl 60 monk. I haven' t played diablo for at least 20 days.... and what a surprise: after 10 minutes of playing i was so bored that i quit the game and went to watch some TV. That says all. The game has the most boring and repetitive gameplay ever. You start playing at normal.. way to easy and boring.. then nightmare .. same here.. hell is a little bit more challenging but you have already defeated diablo 2 times already so is still boring.. Inferno is a complete gear check ( that means you don't need skill to advance but good gear which you can only BUY from auction house unless you want to spend more than 1000 hours playing the same and the same act until you finally get a decent item) BTW i haven 't still found ANY set item until now... Don't buy this game unless you have 60e to throw away (and also plenty of time) Expand
  11. Sep 3, 2012
    Unfortunately, the vast potential this game had and still has, got wasted without care by Blizzard.

This review is written on my impressions since release until now. (Patch 1.0.4) Even though Jay Wilson himself stated that "D3 is a loot based game", 99% of the items you find are not usable. This goes to the point where you play the game for over 250 hours and haven't found any

This review is written on my impressions since release until now. (Patch 1.0.4)

Even though Jay Wilson himself stated that "D3 is a loot based game", 99% of the items you find are not usable. This goes to the point where you play the game for over 250 hours and haven't found any upgrade for your character. The implementation of a in-game auction house was not a bad idea in general. Due to the lack of finding good items yourself you are forced to use this machinery, but unfortunately there are big flaws in it, too. Every item you sell on the gold AH receives a 15 % fee, thus even if you find an item to sell, Blizzard takes 15 % of it away. Furthermore, the prices suffered from a severe inflation, which was caused by countless botters that are still botting without enough reaction of Blizzard. Countless websites sell gold now for about one dollar per million, while the starting price for a million was at about 50 dollars. The addition of the real money auction house is nothing but a rip-off. I somewhat understand that Blizzard wants their part of the cake in a game without monthly subscriptions, but when the best items in game can only be afforded with real currency it goes too far. More about the game itself: Boring and repetitive. You have to play 3 different difficulties before you can finally reach the highest difficulty where, in theory, the best items can be found. The funny thing about this is that all different difficulties have the absolute same storyline. Dull and tedious as that is, there is not even more alteration when you finally reach Inferno, the highest difficulty. There you can finally farm for items, but also only one specific chapter in the game for the best efficiency. (Time-input compared to loot quality)

A player VS player option or an endlesshuge dungeon with increasing difficulty could outcome this dullness, but none of these exist until now. The game literally got released in an unfinished state with insane amounts of bugs and possible exploits. Last but not least a huge and unacceptable problem is the lack of communication between developers and players. The diablo forum is literally filled with thousands of posts either complaining about flaws in the game or providing great ideas to improve the game. The feedback is simply ignored. Sometimes easily a week goes by until a Blizzard official posts in the forums, and most of the time the threads that are answered are of no real concern while very important ones that could benefit the game are simply ignored. The lack of communication is also reflected when it comes to game balancing. There were several instances in the game's history where patches were announced that the majority of the community didn't want. Never did Blizzard reconsider their decision or maybe try to find a compromise between player wishes and their plans. When they decided something, it had to be; play the game like they want or don't play it, it seems. The problem with this is, that players, who put a lot of time, effort and in many cases even real money into their characters, one day woke up with a character that has been nerfed to complete uselessness. (When they nerf something, they don't make it fair, the destroy it completely.) In the current state there is one class (Barbarian) which is far superior to all classes in terms of farming efficiency, all other classes have either been nerfed to the ground or were not as good from the beginning. This also encourages players to play only one class and makes the game even more monotone.

All in all I can only give this game a 4 out of 10 in it's current state. There is still potential, alterations like buffing all classes to the state of barbarians, increasing loot quality, implementing content providing variety and listening to the community could help this game reach the state of a all time classic like Diablo 2 was, even exceed this classic. But to be honest, even though I still hope for a change, I highly doubt there will be one, as the new developer team just doesn't seem to care.
  12. May 25, 2012
    I am not commenting on any server-related issue as it is irrelevant to the gameplay itself. Graphics do not determine how good a game is, only how modern it is. These are the main issues with the game. Your weapon-damage is increased by 1% for each point in your primary stat (E.g. Strength for Barbarians, Dexterity for Monks and Demon Hunters and Intelligence for Witch Doctor and Wizard).I am not commenting on any server-related issue as it is irrelevant to the gameplay itself. Graphics do not determine how good a game is, only how modern it is. These are the main issues with the game. Your weapon-damage is increased by 1% for each point in your primary stat (E.g. Strength for Barbarians, Dexterity for Monks and Demon Hunters and Intelligence for Witch Doctor and Wizard). This makes this the most treasured stat in a strong character, and survivability being secondary. Occasionally, you find randomly created items with a set number of random attributes, all of these are worthless unless they have a massive amount of your primary stat, or directly increased weapon-damage. Finding optimal items are hard, I like that (+1), but, finding legendary items that have been specifically designed for your character, level and playing style is much harder and when you finally do, that weapon is bound to end up on the 'Auction House' as there are always randomly created items that have better properties. How did it become so primitive that so few stats matter to a player? I personally believe it's because they removed the 'skill tree'-system they had in the previous games. We used to find items with rarer attributes like +1 to , which would boost all the stats of that specific skill, sometimes it would increase all skills under a specific tree, or all skills in general... there is no replacement for this. Players realize this and can easily buy mid-level legendary items after simply collecting 'gold' from level 1 till 10. In short, finding a legendary item does not provide any kind of joy, as they are worthless and have inferior stats to many randomly created items. There is also the matter of unbalance. Surely, anyone who has entered either of the 2 hardest difficulties agree that 'elite mobs' (general enemies that have rare attributes to make them extraordinary) are harder than the actual bosses, they have the capabilities to slay your character with one blow and survive hundreds of blows, making them deadlier than the end-bosses on the same difficulty. Glitches/Bugs/Exploits Haven't seen many of them, they are quickly patched (+1). Experimenting with broken mechanics by sinking unnatural amounts of points into non-primary stats, making characters overpowered by other means is unrewarding, as this is always fixed. All characters are apparently supposed to be the same and follow a strict meta-build (-1). The biggest issue (in my opinion). This game was made for World of Warcraft fans, not for Diablo fans, this is seen and felt through each and every (but in different amounts) aspect of the game. That's understandable, World of Warcraft had a bigger playerbase than Diablo, except we all hate it when the greed for money is more important than the experience itself. They trust money, not fans. This is not the first time Activision Blizzard let their players down for the sake of money, it's seen in Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Starcraft 2, Modern Warfare 3, Diablo 3 and we will probably see the same **** in Black Ops 2. In conclusion, it's a shallow game; Under the hood, under all the visuals and other distractions, in it's core - this game is as mentally stimulating as throwing a frisbee by yourself, oh, it's also designed for WoW fans, not Diablo fans. In any crowd, I could point out at least 3 people that could say what they could have done to easily increase customer satisfaction. Congratulations Blizzard, you have gone full retard. This article has the score adjusted, the previous post was set at a 0 score, while I meant to give Diablo 3 it's justified 1 out of 10. Expand
  13. May 25, 2012
    My original review exeeded 5000 characters so I'm just going to break it down.

Combat feels good but one dimensional enemies make it a less satisfying experience. Boring and unimpressive item system. Difficulties in the game are all gear checks. No new mechanics in higher difficulties. Monsters don't get new spells or attacks (with the exception of elites and their affixes).
    My original review exeeded 5000 characters so I'm just going to break it down.

Boring and unimpressive item system.

Difficulties in the game are all gear checks.

No new mechanics in higher difficulties.

Elite monster affixes are boring with most of them being aoe area control spells that force you to run away.

Game is short with linear maps that have minuscule randomisation and waypoints are given to you automatically in certain points of the story. Exploration becomes pointless and unrewarding.

Long cool down timers ruin the pace of the game.

Many skills and skill runes are useless and are not viable in the endgame.

Endgame forces you to go certain builds just to survive, killing build diversity.

Gold sinks are pointless and expensive. (Jeweller and Blacksmith)

Disappearing text in chat box is annoying.

Private messaging is clunky and slow, further ruining the pace of the game.

Script is cheesy and poorly written.

Story characters feel like tag alongs.
  14. May 26, 2012
    Beat the game fast and leveled faster than Diablo 2, inferno is impossible for a barbarian, this game actually wants you to buy the items in the AH since all drops are for your alternate characters since the levels for them are lower than yours, this game sucks I went and got a refund, sticking to diablo 2 until Torchlight 2 releases. Good Riddance!
  15. May 28, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a disgrace to Diablo series . Ah and no game browser or chat just destroyed the social aspect of D3 . Yes Diablo 3 has 0 social aspect in it . The loot and the wow style loot progression are really really bad idea. Equip stats are boring . The story is bad and to scripted and delivered in WoW style.
  16. May 29, 2012
    Stay awhile and listen: "I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want myStay awhile and listen: "I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back Deckard Cain dies I want my money back I want my money backI want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money backI want my money back I want my money backI want my money back" Those critics are smoking pole or weed. This game is not worth 60 bucks, 30 tops. Expand
  17. Jun 7, 2012
    Auction house ruins the game. always-on DRM is outrageous. Over simplification of the skill and attribute systems. Skills lack of originality and diversity.No charms, few gems that have very limited effects. No way to specialize the character in a way or another, all lvl 60 barbarians will be the same, the only thing that will differ will be equipment. Very disappointed, would haveAuction house ruins the game. always-on DRM is outrageous. Over simplification of the skill and attribute systems. Skills lack of originality and diversity.No charms, few gems that have very limited effects. No way to specialize the character in a way or another, all lvl 60 barbarians will be the same, the only thing that will differ will be equipment. Very disappointed, would have preferred by far a refurbished Diablo II than all this crappy changes and simplifications.
    Diablo3, except for the graphics parts, looks like a bad draft of diablo II. Blizzard is going backwards.
  18. Jun 18, 2012
    Diablo itself was raped repeatedly with a blunt object maybe someone blinded her and she couldn't find the players, it has to be one of the worst boss fights of all time, and why bother, when she dies she just spits out some crappy vendor loot. This game was designed for idiots who don't know how to control their money, it may as well have been a slot machine with pretty lights...Diablo itself was raped repeatedly with a blunt object maybe someone blinded her and she couldn't find the players, it has to be one of the worst boss fights of all time, and why bother, when she dies she just spits out some crappy vendor loot. This game was designed for idiots who don't know how to control their money, it may as well have been a slot machine with pretty lights...

Thanks to Diablo 3 I went looking for another game, I discovered the guys who made Diablo 1 and 2 and checked out their Torchlight series I didn't buy Torchlight one since it was a single player game, but it came free with a pre order of Torchlight 2, and I must say I can really feel the difference between a game designed for the purpose of playing and game designed to take your money with your soul. This probably the weakest attempt of a company to copy a game made by guys who already left Blizzard to start their own company called Runic, had it not been for the poor story telling the laughable game mechanics where your spoon fed your class stats so there is no way in hell you can customise your class to assist your play style or difficulty its purely down to the loot, now while a lot of dungeon crawlers base formula is the loot at least the stats would give you an idea of what you can use to assist you.

Diablo 3 there is very little armour restrictions everyone wears the same armour and you basically run around trying to find the next best thing which is rare, rare items usually have opposing stats forcing you trade other players or since the last patch the stats are now even worse making most loot drops useless/unusable, this is what it looks like when a company rapes you for your money the game is stuck together with virtual ducktape. So much time is spent on things happening behind the scenes almost to try and distract you on how boring the game is.

Thank you Blizzard you have taught me to find the developers who make quality not the crap you trying to sell my you rest in pixels.
  19. Jun 24, 2012
    I have put about 80 hours in the wizard and have reached lvl 60. I am yet to be impressed.
    I had such high expectations for this game, and I have been let down.
    I kept playing I the hope that the game would get better, but sadly it did not. The game only get's marginally harder until "Inferno" which is the hardest Difficulty. which should be called Impossible. There are so many
    I had such high expectations for this game, and I have been let down.
    I kept playing I the hope that the game would get better, but sadly it did not.
    The game only get's marginally harder until "Inferno" which is the hardest Difficulty. which should be called Impossible. There are so many problems with D3, All the other USER reviews fully explain in detail.
    What Drives me crazy is all the Critic Reviews that seem to be paid advertising for blizzard.
    I wont pretend I know how to make a better game. In a word, "Rubbish"
  20. Jul 23, 2012
    Game is fun for about 20-30hrs.
    Once you max character level the game becomes very shortsided. You stop having reason to grind except to get gold and buy SLIGHTLY better gear with SLIGHTLY better stats. Gear all looks the same and is a boring way to bring variables to statistics. Basically, it is a free game, but those who pay to play and buy gear/gold have the advantage...
    Of course you
    Game is fun for about 20-30hrs.
    Of course you can grind it out and TRY to find decent gear.. but you'll find your self not farming for gear but for LARGE amounts of gold to buy 1 piece of gear... then rinse and repeat cycle. Graphics are good. Gameplay fundamentals are good. No replay value... nothing fun about it after the first 20-30hrs or when you max character.. Real money AH is a cool feature and you have the opportunity to make money. But its rare because most people don't buy gear for money, they buy GOLD for money, and then use the Gold to buy better gear on the AH. It's just a lame and vicious cycle that grows cold quickly. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BLIZZARD, Every game they have ever made I love. NOT THIS ONE THOUGH! REALLY BIG disappointment. Game flat out sucks after 20-30hrs. GG but try again Blizz.
  21. Jun 5, 2012
    This game is action console-feel crap. I don't get the same satisfaction from killing monsters that was in the previous Diablo games. Not to mention dozens of flaws listed in the other reviews. The real series ended at Diablo 2.
  22. Jun 8, 2012
    Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.
  23. Jun 16, 2012
    I've been playing this game for more than 100+ hours now and I really have to say that in it's entirety, I hate it. Not in it's core content and but in it's implementation. Don't get me wrong. It is still fun to play and retains the same dungeon-crawling, loot-grabbing, clickity-click click goodness. But is that really all there is to it? I've played D1/D2 and have finished and enjoyedI've been playing this game for more than 100+ hours now and I really have to say that in it's entirety, I hate it. Not in it's core content and but in it's implementation. Don't get me wrong. It is still fun to play and retains the same dungeon-crawling, loot-grabbing, clickity-click click goodness. But is that really all there is to it? I've played D1/D2 and have finished and enjoyed those multiple times but what made those games stand out and acquired a cult following seems to have been lost in D3. I'm not even gonna mention the DC's and server stuff because those are fixable, in fairness to Blizzard. Upon playing this game a lot because of it's "fundamentally" fun gameplay, and I use the term loosely, I can't help myself in the back of my mind feeling cheated. It seems that this "Always-Online" thing is forced upon the consumer to make sure that their asses are covered for delivering an unpolished product. Think of it as ordering delivery for a pizza. They send it to your house, without most of the toppings and the delivery guy occasionally puts toppings on it as you notice it while eating. Terrible.

They also mentioned the online setting is to promote coop and to fight gold-sellers and outside seeling from third-party sites and what-not. But they have a real currency auction house for Christ-sakes, they want you to spend your money on them, not on some god-forbidden site where they have no share from the earnings.

The way the loot is spread and supposedly "randomized", somehow I felt cheated. I have 3 level 60 characters and you don't get what you need, ever. You get crap or what other classes need. Hence me making 3 Chars. Seriously, the AH has been my friend and I couldn't have survived without it. How will I have gold? Yes, grinding. Now, I don't mind grinding but when you're digging through the ground with a teaspoon to find an ever so slightly bigger teaspoon to dig with, well you get the picture. They got you playing for a long time and almost always never getting a feeling of satisfaction.

Maybe I'm a noob, maybe you're the greatest player in D3, but one thing is clear. D3 is made with business in mind. They don't care really care about you, all they care is you clocking a million hours doing the same things so they can get more of your money. From the bottom of my best judgment and honesty, I give this game a measly 1/10 for its entirety. After all, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Nuff' said. Thanks for reading. HTH.
  24. Jun 19, 2012
    Not much more than a slot machine.

Not much more than a slot machine.

Note. In games, I always play single player campaigns. Rarely play online multiplayer (never played WoW or any other mmo). Up till now really rated Blizzard. I finished the game with all class (although normal difficulty) and uninstalled the game after reaching level 60 with a monk class and 25-30 with all other (I don't know why I kept going really, I really wanted the game to be fun, I guess I didn't want to feel like I threw $80 away - probably the same reason I am writing this)

-Gameplay -
    Poor balance, starts too easy on normal, then hell champs are unbeatable without buying your way through.
    Loot is clearly scripted to be below your level or for a different class, most drops are useless (hatred on sword...), I refuse to go on the online auction to buy items when I want to play solo however the game force you to do that. In that case there is no way to progress other than abusing the AI, avoiding combat or restarting the game to generate easier champs.
    There is no real skill involved in beating enemies, point and click really (that or die, restart, die when the enemy champs combo you without any way to react -e.g. paralyse + insta kill area spell)
    Poor dungeons layout, no sense of exploring, spend most of the time backtracking (items that increase your speed are a must) with little else happening.
    The first two chapters are long enough and don't feel as linear, has some interaction with the environment (only chapter 1 really), however you will notice a big drop in quality for the last 2. I hated doing the 3rd one -feels like a really long corridor toward chapter 4 - and the last chapter although having nice visuals is really too short compared to the others. I am amazed that the story is so short and linear for a games that's been in dev for so long. It's not as if blizz had to start from scratch.
    Characters are quite different although one quickly realise their skills are fairly pointless at higher level. And Bliz nerfed a couple of abilities that were used too much apparently (some might call it balancing to me it' killing some of the fun aspect to make it blend. If I want to run set a set of skills I will even if they are not as powerfull as other combo, it's up to me to decide but then again the problem is with the online balance. As shame really in other rpg games it would be up to me to decide if I wanted to change my gaming experience by applying a balance patch or not.

-Story-
    Nothing special but nothing too bad there. Very linear and so predictable, not great fantasy there but I guess the story in this game is secondary, a shame you have to go through it again every time you restart the game at higher level of difficulty (i.e. no random levels to explore) -Re playability -
    Nothing here, no random dungeons (clearly the same map with a chance of bringing 2/3 scripted events (i.e. small cellar, merchant) from a pool of ~10), I played the same story with all characters, brought the monk to 60 the games hoping it would get better however it got boring after the 2nd replay
    Adding to that random server maintenance (it took an afternoon off work to play and got very frustrating not being able to play a solo game).

- Other -
    Too many hacked account doesn't inspire confidence in Blizzard. for one I see this as a solo game. Blizz has created the security issue by going online and clearly has poor server problems. The game is clearly designed around the auction house instead of what happens ingame.
  25. Jun 28, 2012
    This game might have been good 12 years ago. The gameplay is extremely outdated, there is very little content, and everything is designed to get you to spend money on the real money auction house. Steer clear of this stinker.
  26. Jul 15, 2012
    How can anybody give a game a 0/10? I can understand a 1/10 if you hate the game and it is annoying, but a ZERO?!?!? To many, that means it's not a game at all. And my friends, that is exactly what I intend you to hear. Diablo 1 was revolutionary! Diablo 2 was great! What happened?
    Well, shortly before development of this game began, Activision took over Blizzard and a man named Mr. Kotick appeared. Now, anybody who remembers Blizzard remembers that their slogans were "Done when it's ready/SOON" and "By gamers, for gamers." When Kotick took over, they changed their company motto to "A culture of thrift" (Google it), and killed off the real Blizzard.
    So now, we have a "game" that requires internet in all modes, including single player? No big deal! Except, you can't play the game on camping trips, airplanes, business breaks, or anywhere where you can't connect. But, it will get worse when Blizzard eventually decides to discontinue their servers, which they can do at any time and for any reason. So, if you are thinking about buying the game, you had better buy it before they pull the plug. It's not a matter of "if", but WHEN!
    So, why would they do this? They say it was to prevent hacking, but not one hacker I've met has been able to hack a system in offline mode, while several have been able to hack Diablo 3. They say it prevents piracy, but the game has been ripped as well, so that doesn't fly. The real reason that this single player game is not playable offline is because of their Real Money Trading Auction House(RMT.)

So now, Blizzard has implemented the RMT, what does this mean? Well, for them it means money and money and money. They are constantly patching the game in ways to make it harder, thus forcing people to need the RMT items. Every class in the game has been nerfed in short order. Smashing items now increases repair cost, forcing you to buy gold from RMT. The endgame gets so hard in Act III that players who were invincible on the previous act have to revamp their entire character, thus forcing you towards the RMT.
    Diablo 3 is not a game at all. Diablo 3 is Blizzard's boiling frog experiment. You know, where you can boil a frog inside a pot, and the frog doesn't jump out if you raise the temperature slowly enough? If they increase the buying temperature of the endgame by one degree at a time, can they boil you before you notice? I don't know man, but a fool and his money are easily parted. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!
  27. Jul 16, 2012
    I have bought the game together with 2 friends. We have been playing Diablo 2 for years and been waiting for this title ever since.
    I find it to be a boring grind (no different character builds, since every character of the same class gets the same skills; no WEAPON difference, since the weapons differ ONLY IN ANIMATION, not in play mechanics) - there is simply no variety, nothing to look forward, only a monotonic clickfest.

The game also sucks from a technological standpoint - the server connection STILL drops every few hours, months after the launch, and Diablo 3 was stuttering on a computer that ran Mass Effect 3 perfectly in full HD.

And even this is not enough - one of my buddies was informed in a rude e-mail that he was suspected cheating and is now banned. The accusation is false, and what's even worse, there was not even a politely worded warning.

Bottom line - this is no longer the Blizzard that made StarCraft and Diablo 2. This game is not worth your 60 bucks and your time. Find another publisher who makes quality games and does not lace them with obnoxious DRM. Stay away from this title.
  28. Jul 16, 2012
    The game has good content for early levels, slick graphics, but a very unsatisfying grind. An essential part of the Diablo franchise is itemization: the idea that finding and identifying loot is fun and exciting. This is not the case here. Loot quality and drop rates were significantly lowered in an attempt to curb its in-game economy. The result is incredibly repetitive gameplay asThe game has good content for early levels, slick graphics, but a very unsatisfying grind. An essential part of the Diablo franchise is itemization: the idea that finding and identifying loot is fun and exciting. This is not the case here. Loot quality and drop rates were significantly lowered in an attempt to curb its in-game economy. The result is incredibly repetitive gameplay as you re-run the same acts over and over for the minuscule chance to upgrade a single piece of gear.

Blizzard's attempts to appeal to a more casual gaming fanbase has resulted in much "dumbing down" compared to Diablo II. Skill points are now automatically allocated for you, and although there are seemingly multiple skill builds you can try out, the nature of the endgame forces most players to follow one or two builds in order to survive and progress.

Fighting enemies and clearing mobs is more dependent on the quality of your items rather than skills such as maneuvering or spell usage. Certain mobs contain random affixes that grant them special abilities; while this is an interesting concept there are certain combinations of affixes that are insurmountable, requiring numerous deaths to overcome, or restarting the game. You'll often come across monsters with strange hitboxes, able to kill you from 10 feet away even though you fled in the nick of time. The game also punishes dying, having quadrupled repair costs in one of the patches; a game should not dictate your style of play, nor should it punish you for being adventurous in exploring and combat. Bosses are more interesting, but come with an "enrage timer", essentially a countdown to doom should you not kill them fast enough. Why should you be told how to play?

Items are boring and lend to boring build diversity. The important stats are your primary, vitality, all resistance, life on hit, and critical damage. Stacking lesser stats will only get you hinder your progression as you'll probably fail to make a dent in any late-game monster. Legendary and unique set items are the rarest to obtain, and are mostly crap; the majority of them have inferior stats compared to magic and rare items; Blizzard has already acknowledged their **** and promises to buff them "Soon".

The game pushes you to use the Auction House (both Gold and Real Money). As a solution to Diablo II's lack of a formal trading system, the AH provides a quick way to upgrade items without having to spend time fighting hordes of monsters. Unfortunately numerous gold farmers, AH bots, and rampant item flippers (people who buy low, sell high) have caused the in-game economy to go wack, making top-tiered item prices exorbitantly high, and mediocre-to-good items unprofitable/unsellable due to high supply and low demand. On top of that, Blizzard takes a 15% cut on every transaction, and a $1 cut on top of that for Real Money transactions.

The game is meant to be played CO-OP, but many issues discourage doing so. Magic find is a vital stat that gets split among party members, punishing you for having good gear while teaming up with those who don't. Monster HPs and damage are increased by fixed percentages when you play with others; either everyone carries their own weight or you'll all suffer in combat. What happens here is friends will join your game, sometimes slightly underleveled/undergeared, and cause all sorts of headaches for your entire party because of the increased difficulty. After having this happen repeatedly you'll not only want to play by yourself (you have a personal follower when playing solo), and you'll shun friends by telling them to get better at the game before playing with you. Neither is conducive to good CO-OP gameplay.

Gameplay aside, the storyline is passable. After one playthrough there's no reason to rewatch the cinematics or click through all the forced dialogue.

The final nail in the coffin is Blizzard's utter lack of respect for its community and fanbase. A glimpse at the official D3 forums (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/) will show the numerous threads of players quitting, complaining about the game's difficulty/economy/itemization, and whatnot. You can take this with a grain of salt, but the amount of negativity and outcry surely hints at how terrible this game is. Threads are constantly censored and deleted without notice; well thought out posts giving constructive criticism are mostly ignored. Instead, mods will respond instantaneously to those having issues depositing $ into their Bnet account (and delete your thread should you try pointing this out).

This is the most infuriating game I've played in a long time; Blizzard has tarnished their reputation with this ill-conceived, ill-tested piece of **** Jay Wilson and his greedy team deserve to rot in hell for destroying such a storied franchise. Don't waste your money here.
  29. Jul 16, 2012
    Massive dissapointment, the game is plauged with bugs, constant server issues,huge amount of exploits.
    The story was a let down. I could not spam spacebar fast enough to skip most of the horrific dialogue.
    This game, and I hesitate to even call it that does not deserve the name Diablo. Blizzard used to make some amazing games that inspired loyalty but now seeing this fiasco released has
    Blizzard used to make some amazing games that inspired loyalty but now seeing this fiasco released has shown that squeezing every cent from the player at all cost is all that matters.
  30. Jul 17, 2012
    I could write a 10 page critique about how bad this game is and why it is aweful, but then you would just be reading the same points you have already read about 100 times from other peoples reviews. Its simple, look at the user score and then look at the critcs score, I have never seen such a huge discrepency in my life. Makes you wonder if Blizzard has paid off critics to give a score ofI could write a 10 page critique about how bad this game is and why it is aweful, but then you would just be reading the same points you have already read about 100 times from other peoples reviews. Its simple, look at the user score and then look at the critcs score, I have never seen such a huge discrepency in my life. Makes you wonder if Blizzard has paid off critics to give a score of 88!! (ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME). Please take in concideration that my review is coming from a person who played countless hours of diablo 1 and 2. Diablo 2 being probably the most addictive game i have ever played. This game would of been great 20 years ago competing against other nintendo games like Dragon Warrior. Expand
  31. Jul 18, 2012
    I've given this game a good month to review since purchasing it. Back then it had all the normal launch date problems so I excused it and was looking forward to an awesome new installment to the Diablo series.
    The combat is simple, always good in a hack n slash game. Not in the "easy to learn, difficult to master" way that perfect games achieve, but it does its job. People have spoken ill of graphics but I pretty much liked the style they went for. I can run it on a multitude of systems, laptops and desktops included. The nail in the coffin for this otherwise fun game is the forced single player online requirement put in by Blizzard that is yet another example of a developer trying to curb pirates by shooting their customer's feet several times. I have yet to play a 30+ minute session without the connection dropping or losing connection with the Blizzard servers. I rarely play with friends, so this is especially off putting.
    I would say Fable is not quite as good as Diablo 3, but it's just as much if not more fun and the developer/publisher of the game isn't outright hostile to those of us who paid for the game precisely so we wouldn't have to put up with garbage user experience such as this.
    I'm never buying another Blizzard game ever. Ever. There is no excuse for Diablo 3 and there's no way I'm ever going to support publishers that do this to us.
  32. Jul 19, 2012
    They totally destroyed the diablo franchise!! I was so hyped and really gave it a go... Was waiting for patches to fix the game, but it only got worse.. Especially when RMAH was introduced- pay to win.. No way!! My friend list was booming with people playing the first weeks, now nobody out of the about 20-25 ppl play it! Stop making games so kid friendly! Wish I could give you lower than a 0!
  33. Jul 19, 2012
    It started off ok. Ok ish graphics, quite fun. Like the old one but modern. Then it started to go wrong. It is such a short game. REALLY short. SO I completed it, then the next level, then the next level. SO far I played the game through three times. And my reward is to play an ultra hard level. But it's so hard you need awesome equipment that you can only get by grinding. The game is aIt started off ok. Ok ish graphics, quite fun. Like the old one but modern. Then it started to go wrong. It is such a short game. REALLY short. SO I completed it, then the next level, then the next level. SO far I played the game through three times. And my reward is to play an ultra hard level. But it's so hard you need awesome equipment that you can only get by grinding. The game is a mega grindathon. And lets be honest, grinding is boring. You need better gear, so you grind to get it to allow you to grind faster which allows you to get a better item so you grinding further improves. There really isn't a place for a short game with no end in the world. We don't need it. I finally turned it off and went back to WoW. Expand
  34. Jul 21, 2012
    After waiting over a decade for this game I could not of been more disappointed. The story is short, the grinding is long, viable builds are nerfed as quickly as people find them, you have to buy your high level gear in the Real Money Auction House, and gold/item farmers run the Auction Houses. It's a money grab by blizzard, and just a travesty of a game.
  35. Jul 22, 2012
    I'll sum Diablo 3 up in a single word. Disappointing. After more than 10 years you'd think they'd be able to come up with something that doesn't feel like Diablo 2.5, if that. Game play is lackluster, graphics have lots of shiny features, story is boring. Don't get me started on the always on-line requirement.

Save your money, pick up a copy of Diablo 2, and have fun. This game isn't.
  36. Jul 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game that deserves a solid ZERO. People might say "you're stupid if you're going to rate like that" and stuff, but Blizzard worked hard for this zero. Simply put, the game is the biggest money grab that ever existed. Unless you open your wallet and spend some dolla on the Real Money Auction House (in which Blizzard charges a 15% fee), the game is very unrewarding and,Diablo 3 is a game that deserves a solid ZERO. People might say "you're stupid if you're going to rate like that" and stuff, but Blizzard worked hard for this zero. Simply put, the game is the biggest money grab that ever existed. Unless you open your wallet and spend some dolla on the Real Money Auction House (in which Blizzard charges a 15% fee), the game is very unrewarding and, consequently, annoying. Furthermore, it's been 2 months since the release of the game and players still have to face unsolved bugs and gameplay issues that prevents the game from being fun. However, when something happens to the Auction House, Blizzard seems to take immediate action.
    So, the problem is not only the dumbed down skill system, the awful story, the cheesy dialogs, the 2006 graphics, the WoW-like gameplay, the horrible loot, the Auction House' centered economy, the lack of world randomization, the always online DRM, the server maintenance, no PvP, no end game, etc.: incompetence and neglect from Blizzard also play a big role in this failure called Diablo 3.
  37. May 20, 2012
    It's unacceptable playing a singleplayer game online. There's no need to make every gamer suffer lag or anything. This game is singleplayer game (i know there are many people says that this is multiplayer. F*** you! Check Portal 2 co-op mode for the most efficient way of playing multiplayer.)

I don't need achievements. I don't need Auction House. I want to play a game which has beautiful story & gameplay. I want to play again and again... But i can't because many of game actions handled by servers. Which means 10 years later (when Diabloe 4 is out, probably) we cannot play D3 any longer.

This is a real bad decision for customer satisfaction. Now gamers suffer these. Soon game companies gonna suffer i wish.
  38. TTH
    May 20, 2012
    I usually don't bother to say anything when a product is disappointing in some way; I just get rid of it and make a note that it reflects poorly on the company behind it and I am less likely to give that company my business again. However with the launch of Diablo 3 I feel compelled. Having waited years for this to be released I was shocked when news circulated that it would be onlyI usually don't bother to say anything when a product is disappointing in some way; I just get rid of it and make a note that it reflects poorly on the company behind it and I am less likely to give that company my business again. However with the launch of Diablo 3 I feel compelled. Having waited years for this to be released I was shocked when news circulated that it would be only playable online. I thought this was not true at first. Okay so now it is finally released and the relevant persons in the company spoke to the media stating various reasons it needs to be online play only. The main reason I gleamed was to make money via the auction house.

And after game release what are the results... Has game play been made safe for the gamers by the caring Blizzard team; can they buy and sell items in the auction house; are they immersed in this wonderful new world... Well as most of the genius and efforts seem to have been directed at how to make the maximal amount of money; not much intelligence seems to have to left over to figure out how to ensure the servers to take the load of HAVING TO LOG IN AND RUN THE GAME FOR EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WHO WANTS TO PLAY, HAVE A FUNCTIONAL AUCTION HOUSE, ETC. The players don't have to worry about all the bad things the online only play protects them from and all the wonderful benefits as most can't log in or can only log in and play for a few minutes at a time.

Well I am sure you all are very proud of what you have on display after years of efforts. Well done. I am sure that any twinge of embarrassment on the company part is overcome by profits from the people who put down their money for a game that they can't properly play. And for all those who have to pay for bandwidth used per month I am sure they have received the indirect message that Blizzard is only interested in customers of a certain socioeconomic background. That message was quite clear from the release of WOW. So while I will not having the benefit on enjoying the new diablo 3 I feel that time has come to stop all support for this company. I am sure that it will go unnoticed as enough people are so invested in the series that they will continue to support it just to see it to completion. I hope that one day the company is run by kinder sensible persons but that is just a dream. I quite enjoyed my offline single player games; I had no interest in going online or in purchasing items from anyone. I was content to play against the game and keep replaying to see what new items/quests I would get. Seems the times are changing and my simple tastes are no longer allowable. I hope a few other companies will keep catering to these simple tastes.
  39. jwu
    May 25, 2012
    My friends pressured me into buying the game, on the basis that diablo 2 was an excellent, revolutionary game. I dished out my money to blizzard, played the open beta, and thought it was average. Not too bad, worth playing if my friends wanted to play it. My friends were disappointed in the removal of customization, but decided not to judge the game based on half of act 1 that wasMy friends pressured me into buying the game, on the basis that diablo 2 was an excellent, revolutionary game. I dished out my money to blizzard, played the open beta, and thought it was average. Not too bad, worth playing if my friends wanted to play it. My friends were disappointed in the removal of customization, but decided not to judge the game based on half of act 1 that was available in the beta, so we bought the game, and played. For the purposes of this review, I will completely ignore the inconsistent server issue, as that is poor management and not poor game design. However, I have found myself unable to play past seven hours of Diablo 3, for the following reasons: 1. Immersion gets a score of 1/3. Journals are almost always ignored, and when you read them, they don't tell you anything to advance the plot. They are more like reading snippets of a bad fanfic than anything actually having to do with the game. The characters have absolutely no depth to them. All characters in the game are one sided and repetitive, nothing to make me think that they are any more than polygons on a screen. Progression: Progression is backwards. I see numbers getting higher, but enemies always die the same way, attack the same way, appear the same way. It feels like the same battle with different skins. Progression gets 0/3 points. Playability: It is playable, but barely. The game lags on my computer on the lowest graphics possible in singleplayer, and I can run skyrim, team fortress 2, with little to no lag. My friends have similar issues, in that it even lags in singleplayer. However, the quality of the graphics at higher levels is good. The voice acting is decent, and the cinematics are entertaining. Playability gets 1/2. Personal score: I cannot say I hate the game, but I don't really like it. I feel it isn't worth the money I spend on it and would take a refund if offered in a snap. There is one thing, though. They put a lot of work into the small things in this game, and I appreciate that. Easter eggs with references to other things (no spoilers now,) are always appreciated in my book and deserve one point for recognition. 1/2 Expand
  40. May 26, 2012
    89 out of 100 from the Critic Reviews ??? how is that possible
    This game does not live up to any of the hype thats been build up over the past 12 years.
    Even if you forget the horrible launch, this game is nothing but decent, and it's only decent for a very short period of time. The first run through normal was ok, as everything was "new" and "exciting", nightmare lvl was doable without
    89 out of 100 from the Critic Reviews ??? how is that possible
    The first run through normal was ok, as everything was "new" and "exciting", nightmare lvl was doable without dying from boredom, at hell lvl you really have to convince yourself this is worth playing, wich I have a really hard time doing as the game at this point is so boring.
    Graphics and sounds is also really bad in this game :(
    Best advise is to save your money, you will not miss a good gaming experience by skipping this one.
    Really disappointing that Blizzard screwed this up.
  41. May 26, 2012
    A huge step backwards from Diablo 2. All internet issues aside, lack of skill customization. Sure there's more skill combinations that the previous game, but, you can't use 95% of them because you WILL die. So, everyone has the same build. No need to level multiple characters as you can change skills instantly at no charge. The story is unimaginative and is full of cheesy lines.A huge step backwards from Diablo 2. All internet issues aside, lack of skill customization. Sure there's more skill combinations that the previous game, but, you can't use 95% of them because you WILL die. So, everyone has the same build. No need to level multiple characters as you can change skills instantly at no charge. The story is unimaginative and is full of cheesy lines. Bored of it already and am only at Hell Act 3. WHY THE HELL IS THERE A LEVEL CAP? Expand
  42. May 26, 2012
    Had a great time playing this game with friends. It wasn't until I realized that the spread of items and the drop chance of getting something good was nearly non existent. It's also very depressing when the realization kicks in that in order to get good gear, you're forced to farm GOLD in order to BUY items from the auction house. Another failure of the auction house system is thatHad a great time playing this game with friends. It wasn't until I realized that the spread of items and the drop chance of getting something good was nearly non existent. It's also very depressing when the realization kicks in that in order to get good gear, you're forced to farm GOLD in order to BUY items from the auction house. Another failure of the auction house system is that because there are no gold dumps in game (after professions are maxed out), inflation is expected to rise at a ridiculous rate since people have nothing to spend their money on. Next, because people are more inclined to make real money instead of virtual gold, the best items are on the real money auction house, ruining the game for players wishing not to spend their real money on virtual items. Expand
  43. May 28, 2012
    I am sure that someone more than enough for such a product - to kill half an hour before dinner after a hard day, a virtual chat with friends, dive into nostalgia for a favorite genre, which had long been spoiling the quality ... but we're talking about Blizzard, and it does the other demand. Diablo 3 should take action / RPG to a new stage of development, and not slip like some DungeonI am sure that someone more than enough for such a product - to kill half an hour before dinner after a hard day, a virtual chat with friends, dive into nostalgia for a favorite genre, which had long been spoiling the quality ... but we're talking about Blizzard, and it does the other demand. Diablo 3 should take action / RPG to a new stage of development, and not slip like some Dungeon Siege 3.
    why Diablo 3 is not put two or three years and 11 years? Yes, the project was in a fever - the mass exodus of staff from Blizzard North, a number of "restarts" - but what appeared on the shelves in the end, neither technically nor conceptually does not justify such a long development cycle.
  44. May 29, 2012
    The always on DRM is a complete game killer. This is the first time Ive tried it, and it will be the last. The game is Ok i guess when it works, its loot driven game play is cool... it does feel like its starting to get repetitive as there is not that many different ways to kill things.. But the fact that I'm sitting here unable to play because of scheduled server down time earns this gameThe always on DRM is a complete game killer. This is the first time Ive tried it, and it will be the last. The game is Ok i guess when it works, its loot driven game play is cool... it does feel like its starting to get repetitive as there is not that many different ways to kill things.. But the fact that I'm sitting here unable to play because of scheduled server down time earns this game a big fat goose egg. If i cant play it, its worth nothing. Expand
  45. May 29, 2012
    Servers are never up/ if they are the AH isn't up or working. The game is broken in inferno and becomes about as fun as a root canal. Itemisation is garbage. Blizzard continues to go downhill after Activision takeover. They should be embarrassed.
  46. Jun 1, 2012
    Feels like a cheap game. Horrible game design, constant errors, lags. And the game is too short. I can't say that this is Diablo. Diablo III is the worst purchase in my life.
  47. Jun 1, 2012
    0 is all this game deserve as I can't play it most of the time because Blizzard is doing a **** job with his servers.

Normal mode is a joke.
    Nightmare mode is a joke.
    The whole Act.4 is a joke.
    The loot is not impressive at all.

The only good thing about this game is that I learned to type extra fast my password at the loging screen.
  48. Jun 1, 2012
    The biggest Fail in the History of Gaming.

The biggest Fail in the History of Gaming.

I'm a long time Diablo gamer. I've been fascinated by the series since I was a kid. The first game was epic, it didn't contain any flashy effects, vibrant colours or cheesy cutscenes, it was the real deal. Later on D2 was released, it took a little while to get used to the new system with 4 acts, (later on 5 acts with D2x) as well as the new classes, which were all cool and well thought out. Once you've gotten used to it, D2x was an amazing game, and still is today. However this cannot be applied to D3. Playing D3 feels like playing a whole different game. It's very cartoonish, a bit like world of warcraft. Diablo 3 leaves no doubt who the developers where aiming at with this game, namely the premature 12 year olds. I'm assuming most kids today would get scared if they were attacked by The Butcher from D1, wildly swinging his meat clever at them. So they made the graphics cartoonish and added childish cutscenes just to prevent the 12 year old blizzard fanboys from being scared by the game. This works, obviously. However it also gives the game a cheese-factor which makes it not only childish but very immature as well. The skill-system makes it completely impossible to make any unique builds. You'll need only 1 of each character. So much for creativity and experimentating. The cutscenes in Diablo 3 are super-cheesy, such as "Maghda" presenting the butcher with the words "Meet the butcher!", well, hello there butcher, hows it going, bro? Kids and immature adults may find this amusing, but true diablo gamers will surely find it **** annoying.Also there are no set or legendary items below inferno, you can basically run through norm - nightmare - hell without finding any decent item. All you'll encounter is rares and magic items. The quests are also extremely repetitive. All you get is gold and xp. You don't get any scrolls of resistance, potions with +20 life, +5 attribution points or +skill points like you did in D2x. The developers got rid of most of the things that made D2x fun to play. Instead you get gold and xp. From the start to the finnish. Oh did I mention that you get gold and XP? Yeah that's right, gold and xp. If you are bored to death by reading those same sentences you will most likely be bored to death by playing Diablo 3. The game is also horribly imbalanced. You can get 1-shotted in hell and inferno and there is nothing you can do about it, except fleeing the mobs. Some champion packs are actually stronger than the actual bosses, how messed up is that? There is no PvP either, the developers are working on a "area-pvp" function, just like in world of warcraft. So no open world PvP. The storyline is terrible and so is the voice acting. These idiotic amateurs who made this version of Diablo 3 have no idea how to make a Diablo game so they made a smaller version of World of Warcraft and named it Diablo 3. Not onyl that, they also took a massive dump on their loyal fans who's been loyal through many years.
  49. Jun 11, 2012
    The youtube videos of what Blizzard said was going to be Diablo3 are just complete lies and should be sued by many for false advertisement. All the slowly released videos to get you hyped up are completely non existent in what is Supposedly "Diablo3". Sad

Well I have to be applaud Blizzard in all reality. From a business stand point it would seem like you're on the perfect track to make the shareholders at Activision very, very pleased.

You've taken a game with so much hype built around it, a game with a rabid and wildly large fan base, a game vaulting off of the massive success of the previous generation - and you've turned it into your sacrificial lamb.

I understand that WoW is dying. The cash cow that you have been able to depend on to fill your coffers is finally drying up. It had a great run. MoP is not likely to defibrillate the failing heart of what was once the WoW empire, and you know this. Starcraft 2, while an amazing game, cannot replace this cash cow - then again it wasn't meant to. How could it? Your business foresight is very, very attuned. Because of this you carefully planned your next chess move: Diablo 3.

What better way to birth another golden goose than to bank an entire game off of the most addictive part of what Diablo 2 was: the item grind. Pure brilliance. And so, from the ground up, you formed this game to be solely about item exchange - this would be the titan built to replace WoW's subscription based bankroll in the form of micro transactions.

Except one thing: you're boring.

On May 15th 2012, after nearly a decade of anticipation, we were given Diablo 3! Except, it's not quite Diablo 3. It's a slimmed down, cut up version of the Diablo 3 everyone was taught to expect. Except, it wasn't given to us, we still had to pay you full price for it: $60.
    So where's the beef? - some might say. The beef is that this is not Diablo 3, this is an imposter. A hologram. An artificial replacement. A lame duck substitute for what hype built it up to be. A cut up and slimmed down version of what should have been. In essence: a slaughtered, sacrificial lamb.

That leaves myself and thousands of others saying indeed, where is the beef? Blizzard's answer: there is no cow level. But hey, we got rainbows and unicorns!

Is anyone still in complete denial about how truly boring this game is or have people started to shake off the honey moon dust?

You eliminated enchanting, PvP, pet companions and other things from the release version so that you could market it as part of a later expansion for more money. (This is a trend in gaming that several developers have been following; withhold content you've been advertising for the past two years and charge a premium for it at a later date. I shouldn't have expected Activision-Blizzard to be any different, and that is my fault. I wrongly assumed this group was made of trend setters and leaders, not followers - so shame on me.)

You didn't include a single player mode because you can't make money off of people if they aren't using the AH in a multiplayer format. Less work for you in the development stages, and forces people to engage in the micro-economy that your bankroll is based on. Again, brilliance. Which leads me to my final point:

There is so LITTLE dynamic to this game I cannot believe it took this many years to create it. In fact, I don't. So why the long wait? I'll tell you: economic law.

More specifically, the legality and complications that stemmed from the idea of a multinational game built around a Real Money Auction House. This process, I imagine, took years to iron out - while the game itself probably took no more than a few actual working years to complete (and it truly shows).

It doesn't take an overly intelligent mind to figure WHY they would want to use a RMAH and get a cut of (a lot of) the transactions. That's fine. Here's the problem: you built the entire game around a pure gear grind, and then force that gear grind to revolve around the AH, specifically the RMAH. There is literally no other dynamic. When you build a game from a purely business stand point, you're not building a great game - and a great game this is not.

In conclusion, gamers, do you really want to spend your time on yet another slave-like gear grind? If so, eat your heart out. You'll find no better place to do it! If not, there are a plethora of other games out there much more deserving of your $60, I promise.

Diablo 3 was built around Activision's greed. Participate at your own will.

Gamers hold grudges and people aren't going to forget this disaster. If you obliterate your true fan base, the pillars of your success come falling soon after.

I give this post less than a few hours before it is deleted by Blizzard moderators. Can't have that bad flavor out there, can we? Truth hurts.
  50. Jun 2, 2012
    So, i wrote a review about how the story line and game play is horrible but i deleted it because i had to revise my opinion, I have been hacked twice this week because of blizzards horrible account system, there is no excuses for this, having an authenticator is not a solution to having a bad password system. only alphanumeric characters and they aren't case sensitive, not to mentionSo, i wrote a review about how the story line and game play is horrible but i deleted it because i had to revise my opinion, I have been hacked twice this week because of blizzards horrible account system, there is no excuses for this, having an authenticator is not a solution to having a bad password system. only alphanumeric characters and they aren't case sensitive, not to mention there is no limit on log in attempts so bod can brute force accounts quite easily... Valve on the other had makes you send a verification to your email if you log into another mac address so much easier than buying an authenticator, this game is also horrible but their account system is worse much worse... Expand
  51. Jun 5, 2012
    Game sucks, seems like it was put together by a bunch of programers that have never played a video game! Pull abilities off action bar with five stacks of valor that take an hour to get. Auction house is a joke. Chat feature is god awful. forced to buy gear off auction as nothing that drops is ever an upgrade late game. Followers attack treasure goblins. save your money until they fixGame sucks, seems like it was put together by a bunch of programers that have never played a video game! Pull abilities off action bar with five stacks of valor that take an hour to get. Auction house is a joke. Chat feature is god awful. forced to buy gear off auction as nothing that drops is ever an upgrade late game. Followers attack treasure goblins. save your money until they fix all these problems or unless you only want to play threw hell difficulty. Expand
  52. Jun 7, 2012
    Let's see - Blizzard want me to pay 45 pounds for a game where I am permanently at the mercy of their servers. A game whose main ethos is to make the company even more money. A single player game where they can change my character's abilities continually whether I like it or not. A dumbed down game with little variation. Errrrrr...........no thanks. Maybe if it comes down to 25 quidLet's see - Blizzard want me to pay 45 pounds for a game where I am permanently at the mercy of their servers. A game whose main ethos is to make the company even more money. A single player game where they can change my character's abilities continually whether I like it or not. A dumbed down game with little variation. Errrrrr...........no thanks. Maybe if it comes down to 25 quid boys, maybe then I'll think about it. Until then, no way. Expand
  53. Jun 12, 2012
    * Extremely dumbed down from D2, with insulting amounts of hand-holding present everywhere. This ranges from autostats, all skills enabled, no skill levels, freespecing, restricted skill choices without elective mode enabled, simple skill tooltips, removal of almost all combat mechanic affixes, no weapon swap, 4 socketables vs the hundreds of D2, generic/boring legendaries, etc.

* Lack of

* Lack of social support - poorly implemented chat channels, automatched game joining only, ghost town effect, 4 player limit = even less socializing.

* Cheesy B-movie story-telling, cliche one-dimensional characters, corny voice-acting, non-sensical/comical actions by villains, predictable twists and plotline.

* DRM online only - no offline single player, no lan support. Laggy servers, and all the same issues of botting, duping, spamming, and trade exploits present in a game that's over a decade old. * Crappy UI that's designed by a console developer - convoluted to navigate, clunky, and inefficient at utilizing screen space.

* Approx FOUR times less legendaries (uniques/runewords) in the game than D2:
    * 9 chest pieces vs 37 uniques + 14 runewords
    * 18 swords vs 35 uniques + 26 runewords
    * 6 shields vs 22 uniques + 8 runewords
    * 7 bows vs 19 uniques + 16 runewords

* 4 gems vs 7 gems + 8 unique jewels + 33 runes + a NEAR LIMITLESS variety of magic/rare jewels.

* Legendaries are generic, boring, and don't have the flavor that D2 uniques/runewords did. Randomization of 1-3 entire affixes also makes the item much less iconic or powerful than before.

* A severe lack of combat mechanic affixes compared to D2.

* Quests feel a lot more forced and non-optional than in D2.

* RMAH diminishes the sense of achievement of finding items. Spending hours finding a great item just doesn't feel as rewarding when you know you can find something similar at the RMAH for a couple of cents. Although buying items with money was prevalent in D2, at least it was hidden away and not endorsed for all players to see and use.

* Farming has shifted from item finding to gold finding. However, gold finding is considerably less fun than item finding. D2 was like playing the slot machine, each pull of the lever and you had a chance at something amazing. D3 is like going to work everyday, earning a paycheck, then buying what you want with the money.

* Outdoors feel a lot more linear, which is amplified by their completely static nature - there's less vast open areas with less monsters at a time compared to D2 = less opportunities to kill hoards of enemies at once.

* No ethereal or superior items, no ability to create items with such properties or transmute it onto items you own, no gambling, no charms, no way to reroll item affixes. Mystic used to be able to do this, then got scrapped. All this just represents more dumbing down of features.

* Lack of character uniqueness/identity/ownership - all builds are freely changeable, many builds in the late game are similar or identical - no character permanence + lack of customizability = lack of character attachment.

* Low replayability - no point in making more than 1 character for each class. All unique builds can be tried out in the timespan of a few minutes, instead of a few weeks. Unique builds aren't practical in Inferno. Not enough depth in customization. Not enough depth in itemization. Bad pvp = low incentive to find loot. Bland loot = low incentive to find loot. Gold farming = low incentive to find loot. Low social support = less fun while playing. After beating inferno, is there even a point in continuing to play a game that's no longer fun?
  54. Jun 15, 2012
    ***a copy paste of a great review on diablo forums - not mine and not full because the 5000 characters a reached***

* Lack of social support - poorly implemented chat channels, automatched game joining only, ghost town effect (similar to SC2's major problem with Bnet 2.0), 4 player limit = even less socializing.

* Lack of diverse character types within and among classes - no more physical/caster/hybrid - all character types now rely on weapon damage like physical characters in D2. This destroys a huge amount of itemization/gearing choices, as there's no longer a deviation between decentralized gear (caster) vs centralized gear (physical) vs a build that needs to balance the two (hybrid). In D3, there are no more physical barbs (frenzy/ww), caster barbs (singer), or hybrid barbs (BvC), there are only barbs that all base their gear on weapon damage (physical).

* Approx FOUR times less legendaries (uniques/runewords) in the game than D2:
    * 9 chest pieces vs 37 uniques + 14 runewords
    * 18 swords vs 35 uniques + 26 runewords
    * 6 shields vs 22 uniques + 8 runewords
    * 7 helms vs 23 uniques + 5 runewords
    * 7 bows vs 19 uniques + 16 runewords
    It's actually more like 20x less if you consider that all but 1-2 legendaries per category are completely worthless - low/mid-level legendaries are unusable due to a general lack of utility mechanics present in the game, and no way to upgrade the base item to the next type (which would increase base damage or defense).

* Legendaries are generic, boring, and don't have the flavor that D2 uniques/runewords did. Legendaries hardly seem to have themes or any effort done to them anymore, and most are just cookie-cutter molds that have been pasted onto every Legendary item type. Randomization of 1-3 entire affixes also makes the item much less iconic or powerful than before.

* The removal of attack rating (accuracy), faster hit recover, and faster block rate equates to a severe loss of having to balance such stats on gear, and represents yet another dumbing down of the decisions you make in the game.

* Much weaker bonuses on items in general aside from pure stats - less attack speed, less damage reduction, less run/walk speed = items feeling much less powerful than before and gear choices becoming much less meaningful or strategic. Set items also have extremely weak, almost laughable bonuses.

* Inferno mode is broken. It's not more difficult, it's just cheap. 1/2-shots everywhere, melee is severely handicapped. A number of retarded monster affixes that should never have been put in. Most builds except for a select few aren't even viable. There's no semblance of strategy, just having the best gear possible and dumb luck in not hitting the wrong champions. Since when did Diablo change from a game where you mow down monsters and feel like a god, to one where you repeatedly get cheap-shotted over and over again in a boring grind?

* Lack of in-depth customization - skills only have 1 level each so it's impossible to specialize in certain skills to the extent you could before. You can't specialize in builds that aren't predetermined for you through the passive trait system. Because there are no points to allocate, there's no more tinkering with unique builds, thinking about your build, or calculating your allocation of skill points/synergies. Although stats played a lesser extent (due to most people putting enough str to wear gear, and rest into vit), removing stats still removed some unique build options such as pure dex amazons, pure energy sorcs, pure str barbs, half/half varieties of the aforementioned, and max block vs 50% block vs passive block depending on dex allocations.
  55. Jun 18, 2012
    The only thing I found fun about this game was farming the auction house sniping great deals and power leveling... Now power leveling has been nerfed to hell and AH will crash soon enough since there will be more useful lvl 60 items up in the coming months which... blah too lazy to explain the rest but if you have basic knowledge of supply and demand you see where I'm going with this.The only thing I found fun about this game was farming the auction house sniping great deals and power leveling... Now power leveling has been nerfed to hell and AH will crash soon enough since there will be more useful lvl 60 items up in the coming months which... blah too lazy to explain the rest but if you have basic knowledge of supply and demand you see where I'm going with this.

This game has GREED written all over it, everything about it.
    I got my refund but I'll never think of blizzard the same after playing this atrocious game.
  56. Jun 18, 2012
    DON'T TRUST THE RECENT POSITIVE USER REVIEWS. Diablo 3 has spawned a small army of top tier "investors" who now have a financial interest in seeing that this deeply flawed game receives positive feedback. They don't see you as fellow gamer seeking honest opinions before a $60 purchase, but as a potential mark who will foolishly spend money at Diablo 3's Real Money Auction House.
  57. Jun 19, 2012
    The game starts off at the log in screen. You MUST have an authenticator or you will be hacked. Unfortunately the game doesn't come with one in the box, so you have to buy one or get the free authenticator app. for your smart phone (if you have one). This information should have been placed on the box for anyone who wasn't aware of relegated end-user security. Once you log in, you create aThe game starts off at the log in screen. You MUST have an authenticator or you will be hacked. Unfortunately the game doesn't come with one in the box, so you have to buy one or get the free authenticator app. for your smart phone (if you have one). This information should have been placed on the box for anyone who wasn't aware of relegated end-user security. Once you log in, you create a character which can be one of five different classes: Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Wizard, Monk or Demon Hunter. The classes can be male or female but offer no other forms of character customization. The classes all have a locked in 6-set ability kit, which can be changed to elective mode. The barbarian is the classic up-front-and-smash-face character with a variety of melee spells; the monk is naturally more mobile and evasive in combat; the demon hunter is the ace-single-target kiter; a wizard is ranged and has a slightly more varied combat kit than the demon hunter, but still relies on kiting; and the witch doctor is a hybrid blend of range and close-combat, relying on a unique set of abilities (such as pets) to mitigate damage and deal a ton back. All classes have their pros and cons, and in and of themselves, are not cause for negative gameplay experiences.

The gameplay is relatively smooth but incredibly generic for a game that's been in development for years. You hit and run any set of mobs with the only differences being barbarians using hp as a resource pool for usurping damage and ranged classes having hard snares. There are four difficulties with the later and most 'difficult' being Inferno. The monsters present only an increase in affix combinations and damage/hp; there are no significant puzzles or theorycrafting involved with killing a monster: You have the numbers to kill a monster (or group), or you don't. If you don't, you have the GAH or the RMAH to look to for upgrades. The GAH (Gold Auction House) allows you to use gold accumulated in the game to buy items. Gold offers no intrinsic value outside of its accepted use as currency to buy items. Unfortunately most upgrades at level 60 (pre 1.03) cost gold that would take the average person weeks to accumulate. This is further compounded by individuals who exploited the game early on with bots and hacks to steal gold from people who didn't use an authenticator and so amassed wealth at a rate that caused damage to the economy.

The RMAH allows you to spend real world currency to acquire items. However the only way to make use of this feature is by having a smart phone with SMS and a paypal account linked to your Battle.net account. To summarize, you must have an authenticator because Blizzard can't protect their online-only game. The character's and itemization offer no individualized dynamic aesthetic appeal. You can beat the game with whatever gear you find, but you can't experience the full content of the game because it is built around the use of an Auction house. The storyline constantly contradicts with the previous storyline given in Diablo and Diablo 2 --- or, at least strays away from the atmosphere and experience of the original two games and is filled by cheesy, b-rate quotes and poor voice acting. You may not play the game based on the story and that's ok because you might enjoy running around in circles for ten minutes with no hope of upgrading or individualizing your character.
  58. Jun 19, 2012
    I've been a Blizzard fan boy since Diablo demo. My opinion finally changed completely after Blizzard's handling of today's 1.03 patch. D3 release was terrible: servers crashing/offline, error messages,you can only play online(EVEN single player). Graphics are meh, welcome to Neverwinter Nights level from years+++ ago. I quit D3 a few weeks ago after I learned that you cannotI've been a Blizzard fan boy since Diablo demo. My opinion finally changed completely after Blizzard's handling of today's 1.03 patch. D3 release was terrible: servers crashing/offline, error messages,you can only play online(EVEN single player). Graphics are meh, welcome to Neverwinter Nights level from years+++ ago. I quit D3 a few weeks ago after I learned that you cannot progress to a higher difficulty without spending money on the Auction House. Farm your own gear? Fat chance. Gameplay took a major nose dive today when my hardcore D3 friends told me they can't even play their characters due to the immense game nerf(which professionally, should've been addressed in a beta and tested!) People put $100's of dollars into gear that is now worthless and Blizzard is hiding behind a rock at massive demands of refunds. Conclusion: Don't believe the hype, this is the equivalent of a Nintendo Wii - over hyped, dated technology garbage. Expand
  59. Jun 20, 2012
    Diablo 3 Removed Features: Stat Points, Skill Points, Rune Words, Runes, PvP, Open World, + many more

Diablo 3 Added Features: Cool Downs, Global Cool Downs, Death Timers, RMAH? We wanted a new Diablo game, we didn't ask you to redesign the core fundamentals of the game. This game is boring, repetitive, yawn fest. They just want you to buy gear off the RMAH, so they can make thier

Diablo 3 Added Features: Cool Downs, Global Cool Downs, Death Timers, RMAH?

We wanted a new Diablo game, we didn't ask you to redesign the core fundamentals of the game. This game is boring, repetitive, yawn fest. They just want you to buy gear off the RMAH, so they can make thier $$$. F U BLIZZ.
  60. Jun 20, 2012
    Game is OK until you hit the "challenging parts". There are too many design flaws and messed up patches of code ("patches") injected into this game, it's tough to try out different styles of play throughout the entire game under the hardest difficulty, Inferno. The Designers and Developers aren't aligning themselves with the community for this game. Many voices out there are going unheard.Game is OK until you hit the "challenging parts". There are too many design flaws and messed up patches of code ("patches") injected into this game, it's tough to try out different styles of play throughout the entire game under the hardest difficulty, Inferno. The Designers and Developers aren't aligning themselves with the community for this game. Many voices out there are going unheard. Not to mention, this game revolves around it's RMAH (Real Money Auction House). You can buy and sell items found/earned in game. Great idea only when you play the game and get a feel for how upgrades work and how important they are at certain stages of play, you realize you are most likely going to have to reach for that wallet to maintain any level of progression through the game.

Overall:
    Brief amount of Good Gameplay, Graphics Great for 2008, Pay-to-Win, Developers are unwilling and/or don't care, this game has many factors pointing to it's demise with haste. Truly a shame.
  61. cnr
    Jun 20, 2012
    Why does an ARPG have an real money auction house??????? OH.... because the company gets a cut of every transaction the players make! Of course Blizzard would nerf all drops in game forcing you purchase from thier real money auction house to progress in game.

This game fails at its core and not worthy of the "diablo" title that it holds. The number one complaint i have with this game is that is in online online and performs more closely to some second rate MMO rather than the ARPG is claims to be/is a successor of. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A GAME FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN
  62. Jun 23, 2012
    This is the kind of game which forces a player to play for hundreds upon hundreds of hours--only players are no longer 'playing'. All they are forced to do is 'farming'. This isn't the kind of 'farming' which rewards players for any certain amount of effort made. It is an activity that makes the player spend these hours only for a small chance of something coming their way that can thenThis is the kind of game which forces a player to play for hundreds upon hundreds of hours--only players are no longer 'playing'. All they are forced to do is 'farming'. This isn't the kind of 'farming' which rewards players for any certain amount of effort made. It is an activity that makes the player spend these hours only for a small chance of something coming their way that can then have a chance of having a percentage of progress. It forces this mindless grinding upon players, which only benefits the game's 'Real Money Auction House' system, from which Activision Blizzard is making a nice cut.

There is no single player mode, despite what is said. You must keep yourself online at all times, and that means under no circumstances that you could play on your own or have a 'LAN' party with only you and your friends.

The multiplayer mode is horrible. There is a limit of only 4 players per game total. Players suffer from a constant threat of having their accounts hacked, but they are forced to keep playing online because they cannot play offline. The online game play also suffers from a number of bugs, including but not limited to a bugged chat system, exploitable servers, and insecure online play.

The game itself, aside from the horrid farming forced upon players, has very little going for it. The controls are clunky and awkward, many times making the player's character do unintended things. There are several dozen implemented 'fixes' as Blizzard calls them, that are actually made to make the game more difficult in order to force the player to farm longer. There is almost no fun in this game, outside of the first play through, which lasts only about 6 or so hours.

The only alternative to farming for hundreds upon hundreds of hours is a single option that Blizzard would love for all players to take: paying real world money to win. That is, this game is made to force players to pay money to buy more items in order to progress. It is a slow choking that eventually will leave no players for this game at all.

TL;DR? This game is horrible and no one should pay more than 5 dollars for it.
  63. Jun 23, 2012
    Like all Die-hard Diablo fans, I had waited for some 9 years for the release of Diablo 3. To say Diablo 3 has been a great experience would simply be a lie. Just to play Diablo 3 was for me a big investment. I bought a new computer because my sweet computer wasn't fast enough nor did it have the proper graphics card to run Diablo. I bought the game, a New PC and a New Graphics Card just toLike all Die-hard Diablo fans, I had waited for some 9 years for the release of Diablo 3. To say Diablo 3 has been a great experience would simply be a lie. Just to play Diablo 3 was for me a big investment. I bought a new computer because my sweet computer wasn't fast enough nor did it have the proper graphics card to run Diablo. I bought the game, a New PC and a New Graphics Card just to play the game.

Blizzard claims to have spent 10 years creating this New Experience. The graphics are nothing special for the amount of power needed to run this game. The story is unbelievably short, basically because it totally lacks one. This game is not really worth the highend investment. It's a very short story with subpar graphics (since there was a 9 year wait). But the worst thing about Diablo 3 is that there really is no actual game for your purchase, You do get a real physical disc or digital copy of Diablo 3 but you need the Blizzard Server to play this game. If the Blizzard Server is down then you have no game to play. I loved Diablo 1 and 2. I wanted to love Diablo 3 but it's just not all it was hyped up to be. Save yourself some money, some time and lots of aggrivation and just pass this title over for something worth playing.
  64. Jun 23, 2012
    I've played this stinker of a game for 90 hours. If you are reading this, do NOT buy this game AT ALL COSTS. It sucks, hardcore suckage, as in suck my dick suckage.

Buy Torchlight I, or II, or Titan Quest. You'll have a blast. You will NOT enjoy this awful game. I'll admit, I enjoyed the 20 hours that it took me to complete the single player game. The other 70 hours were an

I'll admit, I enjoyed the 20 hours that it took me to complete the single player game. The other 70 hours were an undending hell. In order to progress past "normal" difficulty you MUST use the the gold auction house.

In order to progress past "hell" difficulty, you MUST use the real money auction house and pay yet more money to Blizzard than the outrageously prohibitively $60 that these ^##%&(#@( already ask. (In case you are wondering, I'd pay $20 for this game in the bargain bin, it is NOT worth anything else.) Should you fail to heed this simple advice, you will spend entire weeks dying and not having fun.

Yes, that is right, the main theme of this game is death. All you will do is die. You will die not because you are a bad player, but because you do not have adequate gear. How do you get said gear? You do NOT play the game, you spend gold on the auction house, you spend yet more real money (than the outrageous $60 fee for such nonsense) on the real money auction house... a great deal of money. Then, maybe, you are capable of "playing" the game.

Should you ignore this advice and attempt to "play" the game like any normal PC game, you WILL fail. Death is extremely prohibitive. All of your gold will be spent on repair bills. The designers claim that you should be able to craft, in order to fill in missing gear slots. This is FALSE. You MUST use the AH, waste your gold, and you will not have enough to pay for the massive repair bills. If you die, under any circumstances, you FAIL.

Did I mention that this game requires a broadband internet connection to "play"? If not, bear that in mind. If you do have broadband internet, expect frequent delays and disconnections. You WILL DIE, regardless of your best efforts, simply because the Blizzard servers lag something awful.

DId I mention that the game is also terribly buggy? I play a 60 Wizard. Some of the most interesting skills that I have DO NOT WORK. This is unexcusable in game this mature and old.

Have fun playing the way that you are? Do not worry, Blizzard will patch the game soon to prevent you from having "fun". This is a concept unfamilair to these Zingy wannabes. As of patch 1.0,3 (yes, only 1.0,3 considering the replate flaws....), I lost 20% of my DPS from patch 1.0.2. There have also been many reports of Blizzard "hotfixing" the game to remove popular farming sites. After all, in order to succeed, you MUST spend 100's of hours farming (assuming you do not spend massive amounts of real life money on the real life money auction house to further this fiasco.)

Ugh, this awful metacritic text editor is not working correctly.... Anyways, I spent 100 days playing DIablo II. This Diablo sucks a lot. The graphics are also terrible. If anyone says anything good about this stinker, they're fans of farmville.... IF you like farmville, or dying, you'll like this terribad game.
  65. Jun 23, 2012
    First off, Metacritic appears to be censoring bad reviews of this game. The User Score is likely much lower.

In a nutshell: If you enjoyed Diablo II, you will NOT enjoy Diablo III. I've spent 90 hours playing a Wizard. The first 20 hours were great fun, the past 70 were not! I would pay $20 for this game in the bargain bin, not the outrageous $60 that Blizzard is asking. The

In a nutshell: If you enjoyed Diablo II, you will NOT enjoy Diablo III.

The graphics suck. They are not much better than Diablo II, realeased over ten years ago. Think Torchlight with a lot less character and a lot higher GPU requirements. Think WoW style graphics and you have a good idea how awful this game looks.

The gameplay is simplistic. You die. You die, a lot. You die some more. You spend a all of your gold on repairs. Then you die some more and decide to quit the game. That's about all that happens after the first difficulty level.

If you plan on advancing, then you must use the auction house. It is impossible to solo this game. If you plan on reaching the highest difficulty level, Inferno, then you must also spend yet more money on the real money auction house (Blizzard takes a huge 30% cut of all purchases.)

There is no skill to this game. You do not spend skill points, or stat points, nor can you farm gear on your own. You must use the auction house. Well, I guess I shall end here, since metacritic refused to post my 5000 character critique... maybe this will actually be posted for a few seconds before Blizzard pays them to take it down.
  66. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is just awful. Oh wait, truth is, it isn't even a game. Instead it's a 60 dollar economy simulation with some kind of interactive screensaver. Playing the game really doesn't make any sense (more so after the last patch which rised repair costs by a huge amount). Because good ite,s only drop in regions where you will die (and die a lot). So instead save you gold and camp the ahThis game is just awful. Oh wait, truth is, it isn't even a game. Instead it's a 60 dollar economy simulation with some kind of interactive screensaver. Playing the game really doesn't make any sense (more so after the last patch which rised repair costs by a huge amount). Because good ite,s only drop in regions where you will die (and die a lot). So instead save you gold and camp the ah or load a few bugs to your bnet account and camp the rmah instead. Time is surely better invested. Or simply don#t buy this "game" :) Expand
  67. Jun 28, 2012
    Game is absolute trash that boils down to an extremely shoddy product with so many flaws and problems its just not worth playing it. Every single aspect is utter **** Name anything aspect of gaming that is bad and Diablo 3 has it. The whole game is a waste of time faceroll easy until act 2 inferno where they try to force everyone to go to RMAH so blizzard can make money. Its not a matterGame is absolute trash that boils down to an extremely shoddy product with so many flaws and problems its just not worth playing it. Every single aspect is utter **** Name anything aspect of gaming that is bad and Diablo 3 has it. The whole game is a waste of time faceroll easy until act 2 inferno where they try to force everyone to go to RMAH so blizzard can make money. Its not a matter of gaming skill, its just literally goes from something a retarded monkey could do to something that 99% of the gaming population can't. Im in the 1% and I made profit off this game but it doesnt mean the game isn't trash not worthy of what Blizzard was. Also if you post anything that isnt positive about Diablo 3 they ban your account from their forums, I thought only EA did that!

Blizzard is becoming EA... I hope my starcraft is safe...

DO NOT BUY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
  68. Jul 13, 2012
    I gave this game a fair shot. I took two characters to 60 and have a couple mid level ones. It is a very average, probably below average game. You can probably enjoy this game for a month, maybe two. But no way you're going to be playing this for years like Diablo 2.

First the good points. Combat is fun. Graphics are pretty good but nothing groundbreaking. Voice acting is generally

First the good points.

Combat is fun. Graphics are pretty good but nothing groundbreaking. Voice acting is generally good.

Now the bad points and there are a lot.

Itemization is horrible. In 170 or so levels I have on all my characters I have had items drop that were actually an upgrade for my character maybe 4 times, no exaggeration. Drops are almost never higher level then you that you need to grow into. They are almost always 5-10 levels lower then you, IE useless. Even at max level 60 99% of the drops are total crap. For example at 60 you need a weapon that does 1000-1600dps, and you constantly get level 60 weapon drops that have absurd DPS like 250, basically level 30-40 stats on a level 60 item. Pure vendor crap. All the gear is like this.

Because of the poor itemization you are forced to use the in game auction house to gear up buying items that players higher level then you couldn't use. This totally sucks as it's like the main game is an Ebay sim. And it gets worse. Blizzard put in a real money auction house too. So most of the great items are selling for real money.

The economy is screwed beyond belief. There is no bind in equip on items. So there are always more and more items forever. When you finally get a good item to sell you find that there are thousands of the same item already on the auction house. This makes selling anything but the very best stat items nearly impossible. There aren't enough gold sinks in game and Blizzard has done nothing about bots. So gold has so little value that everything endgame costs millions. That's a LOT to a legit casual player. At best a casual is going to make 100k in about a three hour night of playing.

The skill system is dumbed down compared to Diablo 2. There are no more skill trees. You pick your skills from pulldown menus in various categories.You can no longer switch skills on the fly with the function keys. You pick your skills and if you want to change them in the field you have to go into a menu, and there is a cooldown before you can use them. There is no more stat customization. Every class can use the exact same equipment. The only requirement is level. Builds are very limited and boring compared to the huge variety in Diablo 2. You are pigeonholed into using very specific builds just to survive.

The game play.

The game is pretty short.
    You play it through on normal which is absurdly easy and boring.
    Then you play through on nitemare which is also so easy it's boring.
    Then you play through in Hell and it's pretty fun because it's about the right challenge.
    Then you finally get to Inferno level hoping to get some good drops and it is nearly impossible. The majority of what's left of the playerbase is stuck in act two inferno. This is because trash mobs can 1 shot you and many elite packs has absurd affix combinations that are unbeatable. Players are literally forced to quit and restart their game because of this.

Some general stuff.

There is no transparent map overlay that you can leave up while playing like Diablo 2.

You can no longer open a town portal and leave it open for an emergency exit. The town portal is no longer instant cast either. It is channeled and interpretable so you're never gonna escape a bad situation.

You cant skip from all the different acts and waypoints once you beat the game. You are forced to play the quests every time and if you want to switch acts you have to reload the game and choose that quest.

The music is almost non existent. This is a huge disappointment compare to the epic music Matt Uelmen did for Diablo 2.

The story is horrible, I mean REALLY bad. The villains are like cartoon Disney stuff.

The Bosses drop utter crap and are too easy, Blizzard what's you to farm the sometimes impossible to beat elite packs

The game is ONLINE ONLY. Blizzard has created the worlds first single player game that features lag, rubberbanding, and disconnects. Battlenet STILL sucks.

The game is full of duping, gold farmers and bots, just like the previous two Diablo games. Blizzard is either totally clueless on how to stop this or just don't give a damn because there people buy lots of copies of the game.

All in all, you can have fun for a month or two in Diablo 3, but there is NO WAY I would ever recommend someone pay the premium $60 for this game. There are just way too many other better and cheaper games out there. If $60 is no big deal to you check it out and decide for yourself, otherwise stay away from this game. Buyer beware, you have been warned.
  69. Jul 16, 2012
    It had everything to be one of the best titles in gaming industry, yet it failed in every aspect.
    The graphics are outdated, the always online thing is a pain, the whole plot is laughable and cheesy, the skill system is dull and, believe me, this is not even the worst! The worst of it is that Diablo 3 is unrewarding. The fun of the game (i.e., getting better and better equipment for your characters) was ruined by a drastic reduction in drop rates of useful/epic gear and by the implementation of an Auction House. So why would you go out there and face hordes of demons if they carry nothing valuable? And why would you do that if everything you may want is already at sale on the Auction House? Totally pointless.
    In addition to that, while most games today are trying to create an innovative and immersive gameplay, Diablo 3 is a step backwards: it offers nothing new and makes you feel like you're not even part of the game. You have no choices, you don't change anything, you just click everywhere the whole time. Sure that was fun back in Diablo 2, but that was 12 years ago.
    Finally, if you're thinking about buying this game, don't get fooled by "professional reviewers" or Wikipedia articles. Diablo 3 is a huge disappointment. But don't take my word for it, just take a look at the Diablo 3 Forum!
  70. Jul 16, 2012
    You can't customize your characters, the spells you gain are automatically given as you level, and a very limited number of them. Each spell can have a rune attached to it, which is the only thing you can customize the problem is that many of the more powerful runes are obtained early on meaning you literally have nothing to look forward to as you level so it becomes very tedious as thereYou can't customize your characters, the spells you gain are automatically given as you level, and a very limited number of them. Each spell can have a rune attached to it, which is the only thing you can customize the problem is that many of the more powerful runes are obtained early on meaning you literally have nothing to look forward to as you level so it becomes very tedious as there are 4 difficulty levels of the exact same game. You also can't customize your controls, as the mouse buttons (left-click and right-click) can't be changed so you have to keep an ability that uses left-mouse click but also causes your character to move, so if you happen to mis-click a fast moving enemy, it causes your character to move which in later difficulty levels can easily result in death. You can't change this either. Once you hit Inferno difficulty, the difficulty ramps up drastically in each act, where "elites" have a set number of affixes they can pull from, with some combinations being ridiculously hard, even harder then the bosses in the game. To further cause problems, some of these abilities can instantly kill you, and are small and hard to see like the Frozen or Arcane ones which can be placed underneath, and hidden by spell effects on the screen, only to result in your instant death. Lag is still a problem several months after release, and the game must be played on-line with at least 1 day of maintenance per week, sometimes 2-3 lasting far longer then other games typically going till mid-afternoon EST. Your character can "rubber-band" due to lag, usually resulting in death and a repair cost for dying. Additional problems include the collision in-game. Some escape abilities used to get you away from dangerous situations like a Wizard's teleport, can be "caught" on tiny things on the map like a crate, or the edge of a wall causing you to teleport to the location that you collided instead of to the location that you clicked to go. As the abilities usually have long-cooldowns, this frustratingly leads to death as these abilities are normally used to escape dangerous situations so it doesn't help if you don't actually get moved from the spot you were trying to move. Another problem is the "queueing" of spells, as certain builds are built around button mashing, the queue routinely gets screwed up and clicking an ability doesn't always fire it off if something you had clicked earlier was still "queued". You move on to your next ability not realizing it never fired off. Lastly, and the worst part about this game is the horrible itemization. Getting an actual upgrade to drop is extremely rare, and I have yet to see a single upgrade in 120 hours of play right now. All of my gear was purchased on the gold Auction House where you can get pretty good items for very cheap because there is literally no market for them (thus, very hard to make any gold in this game because very few items ever sell) but the big upgrades are all priced well out of anyone's range unless they either use real money, or get extremely lucky and find a drop they can sell for millions to be able to afford the items going for 20+ million to upgrade their character and progress. Trying to sell mid-range items on the Auction House is an excercise in futility because there is a mandatory 36 hour posting period, and no way to cancel with a 10 item limit. So the odds are you will place 10 items up there, none will sell, and you can't put any additional Auctions up for another 36 hours. Even once you get a base set of cheap gear on the AH, without using specific min/max builds you will not progress through Inferno difficulty, and even as you do progress, the odds of getting an upgrade are slim to none so advancing your character is akin to winning the lottery, and not a normal path of progression with small, but systematic gains. Many people are botting and exploiting, further screwing the economy for the real players. At the end, you use the same skills through 4 difficulty levels of the same game (no customized levels like previous Diablo games), then are forced to bang your head against a wall trying to get an upgrade to drop (which is rare, considering how many different stats there are and the ridiculous fact that level 51 gear drops in the hardest difficulty, Inferno, which requires level 60 to enter) which makes zero sense. While you're trying to get this needle in a haystick upgrade to drop, you get to deal with horrible customization forcing people to play how they want you to play (using left-mouse for an ability and to move), bad collision engine and a difficulty level, especially on specific elite abilities, that makes little to no sense in Inferno and very quick deaths with repair costs for players. Do not buy this game unless you like torture. Expand
  71. Jul 19, 2012
    I just decided to stop playing this game, after 70 hours of playing - and only for this there is 1, not 0. Story is too short, you finish normal difficulty level after few hours and then you have to repeat same things for next hours. Yeah, it's quite fun, but after reaching Inferno whole fun dissapears. Game begins to be only about farming and looting cracked items - to loot a good rare isI just decided to stop playing this game, after 70 hours of playing - and only for this there is 1, not 0. Story is too short, you finish normal difficulty level after few hours and then you have to repeat same things for next hours. Yeah, it's quite fun, but after reaching Inferno whole fun dissapears. Game begins to be only about farming and looting cracked items - to loot a good rare is to win a national lottery. Bosses are to annoying - not hard, just overpowered and annyoing - and defeating them is totally lack of fun, because there simple are no prize for it. More of that, you must spend your own money to repair your gear. Cmon, I should be payed for winning fight, not be forced to pay myself! Game is crashed on mechanic design level and therefore is not worth buying. Expand
  72. Jul 21, 2012
    Gigantic let down of recent years. All anyone can stipulate is that under a different name it would have not been such a let down. It would have been seen as what it is then, an auction house rpg economic simulator (with war torn Europe as a base line for it's current currency stability, awful to say the least, LOL), but as a supposed successor to Diablo 2 it fails on ALL accounts andGigantic let down of recent years. All anyone can stipulate is that under a different name it would have not been such a let down. It would have been seen as what it is then, an auction house rpg economic simulator (with war torn Europe as a base line for it's current currency stability, awful to say the least, LOL), but as a supposed successor to Diablo 2 it fails on ALL accounts and expectations possible. after almost a decade they crap out this excuse for a game. I even have the exact same problem with the game's launcher that I had in beta, 3 months after its release and had reported back in beta then, that they never even fixed! I personally managed to figured out a complex specific routine of killing the agent.exe process in task manager at certain visual queues of the launchers inane progression. (which is anywhere from stuck at 0% loading or 100%, both with the play button grayed out, and or sometimes flat out showing an error box with absolutely nothing helpful as to what may be the problem, forcing me to relaunch 1 second later and have no error like what usually occurs) A fair minority have had this problem and posted on the forum about it, but still nothing. In the error it says contact customer support... Let me tell you about customer support, they can't help you with the most prevalent problems like you losing items on the auction house, especially right after a patch, which happened to me, thankfully only on trash I was trying to peddle on the AH. Support cited having "no logs" for verifying whether or not I actually received the items even though one of them was a weapon I bought out and re-uped to get a profit, which appeared on the log that I CAN SEE. (which is flipping, learning a specific gear market, buying out gear you know for a fact could sell for higher, and then hopefully selling it for more than what it cost to buy it. Which is exactly why this game is an auction house simulator because you need to do things like that if you hope to get ahead an--- OH WAIT, gold just devalued a couple more million over night due to botters, nevermind that, we're never going to afford that gear for act 3-4 inferno now without using real money auction house, which is another reason things are as bad as they are in this game, ActiBlizz's greed and stupidity.
    Stupidity because they could actually make WAY more money by actually making the game fun and work instead of REQUIRING THE AUCTION HOUSE FOR EVERYTHING. Oh right, did i forget to mention you will never see a drop of gear that you actually want or need? Legendaries are all USELESS. (supposed to be their answer for uniques from diablo 2) I had 3 legendaries drop in over about 300+ hours played, a recipe for a useless level 50 legendary crossbow called starburster or w/e, which I have no idea how people hope to use to draw a profit (with its typical, high resource cost to craft) OR use on their character for more than 2 levels until already seeing better gear. (on auction house) Somehow it sold for a meager 450k at the time, probably all suckers who actually think they know what their doing with their time or money, pro tip: they don't and I BET they all quit the game soon after realizing their loss and was the final nail in the nail filled coffin for this despicable excuse for a diablo game. ActiBlizz strikes again with another mediocre game that takes so much from its cash crop game WoW. IF, IF... IF, they hadn't lost ALL, ALL, ALL of their ORGINAL DIABLO DEVELOPMENT TEAM... THEN, they may have had their priorities set. Instead, they throw money at vain safe devs

* Players need progression, skill progression, experience level progression, and gear progression all combine to make the player feel the character is theirs and theirs alone. By the end game, my character should feel completely different than another character of the same class.

* Smooth out the difficulty. The only reason inferno is so tough, is because is was implemented as an afterthought. Gear checking between acts, is painful, even for the biggest D2 geek.

* Here's one that I really can't understand, make each difficulty level, a little different - Open up new areas, add new monsters, add unique events, add people to the towns. There is no difference in the world of Diablo between difficulties, every run through is exactly the same, except the monsters get tougher. * The legendaries (uniques) are a real head scratcher. There are two possibilities here. Either legendaries didn't have enough time to be implemented, or someone actually thought it would be a good idea to make them completely unusable. In either case, this really scares me.

* The Story - Just terrible, with such cheesy voice acting and dialogue. Possibly the most shocking part for me. There are no characters I feel any connection to. I have zero reason to hate, or want to destroy the bosses. Plus they're mostly remakes of old bosses, brought back for absolutely no reason.
  73. Jul 24, 2012
    Nos han vendido un proyecto de Beta. Lo de los últimos exploits descubiertos me parece hasta denunciable. El parche de reducción 50% vel. ataque, para aquellos que días antes hubieran gastado dinero real... grrr solo de pensarlo me entran ganas de tirar una bomba nuclear a Blizzard. COMO NO PUEDO HACER OTRA COSA APARTE DE VENDER MI CUENTA OS COMEIS UN PUTO 0 !!!!!
  74. Jul 24, 2012
    List of bad things about D3:

Loot drops are horrible 99.8% of the time Game is forces you to repeat the same content over and over and over Auction house makes farming seems pointless Game forces you to re-watch cutsceneses and re-listen to dialogues over and over Game forces you to wear all resist No build diversity Random affix generation creates stupidly irritating combinations
    List of bad things about D3:

Loot drops are horrible 99.8% of the time
    Game is forces you to repeat the same content over and over and over
    Auction house makes farming seems pointless
    Game forces you to wear all resist
    No build diversity
    Random affix generation creates stupidly irritating combinations on elites
    Game is hacked
    Game is run by bots
    Economy is ruined
    Latency issues
    Game is full of scammers
    Co-op is pointless
    Forums will ban you for negative responses
    Blizzard has lost peoples transactions on RMAH
    No endgame goals. Nothing to strive for.
    Pay to win
    Story is boring
    Too difficult unless you spend real money
    Spam bots have hijacked the chat channels
    Blizzard is slow, and unprofessional keepin the community informed
    Technical errors, login problems, disconnects
    No way to reclaim lost or stolen items/$
    Bosses have worse drops than elites
    No skill points
    Skill UI no good
    AH UI no good
    No way to conveniently swap gear
    DRM - No offline play
    Broken gameplay mechanics
    No lasting appeal
    User feels empty and robbed at the end of the experience
    Jay Wilson
    Activision
    Greed
  75. Jul 27, 2012
    Server Issues aside, this game lacks the "game"

Normal/Nightmare are a mindless faceroll against mindless AI, with boring items dropping all the way, that is, each item has 1-3 stats on it. To increase your damage, you need your class's primary stat; there's really no need for any amount of defensive stats in these "difficulties". Delves on stats are so low that Critical Hit Chance,
    Server Issues aside, this game lacks the "game"

that is, each item has 1-3 stats on it. To increase your damage, you need your class's primary stat; there's really no need for any amount of defensive stats in these "difficulties". Delves on stats are so low that Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage, Thorns, and Increased Attack Speed are irrelevant

The story bland, while that is not a big deal, it becomes one when it is forced upon the player repeatedly. There are no options to automatically skip the cinematics or the numerous ingame scripted events that play. For some time I wasn't even aware you could skip the scripted ones. That said, the play is very, very linear, and the area you ocupy is completely dependent on the quest you choose to do. The free roaming aspect is just about completely removed from Diablo, as well as randomized maps gone. The only aspect of "random" left, is the placement of entrances on a static zone, and monster spawns.

Each Act is literally half the size of previous, so I have to question what they were doing for 10 years...

Many things shown in videos prior to release, such as PvP, currently are not present in the game, Patches and hotfixes are biased towards the AH/RMAH, while anything they do throw at the game itself is Nerfs to beneficial mechanics, such as Magic Find working on enviromental objects, the spawns of Treasure Chests, gold drop amounts, even a flat 50% cut to the Attack Speed bonus on items....ONE DAY AFTER THE RMAH GOES LIVE. What they did buff was repair costs .

Inferno itself is bad design; the "difficulty" is artifical, in that your ability to complete the content is 95% gear based, without exaggeration. It is even announced on the official forums that the hitboxes of your character are oversized, because they did not want you dodging things, because it "is not fun", and is intended by desgin not to be possible to weave in and out of attacks. That said, the range on melee from monsters is rediculous. Once an animation starts, you can expect to be regardless of where you are on screen when it lands. This particular issue is worsed by latency, which yes, is attributed to server issues, but I suppose I make this more in reference to Always Online, and the lack of availability of a suitable connection to many.

Many of the supposed reasonings behind making the game Online Only failed, among them being stopping botters, or preventing hacks .

More on the Gear Check issue, once you meet the requirement, Inferno is Hell all over again, literally.
    It wouldn't be such a large issue if Inferno really was optional, which technically it is, except the only reason left to play the game is to make money off of the RMAH or continue gearing up, both of which lead you to Inferno, which in turn has deplorable drop rates on decent gear. I refer to decent gear as gear which is sustainable to getting you through the content of Inferno, and it does not drop at a practical rate, at all.

To progress through Inferno, you rely on the AH, because you cannot obtain your gear on your own without devoting obscene amounts of time into the game. This would be acceptable, if it were limited to Godly/High Tier items. But this is for stuff just to clear the content, it does not drop on a typical set of runs.

Moreover, when Blizzard announced the droprate increase to higher item level gear, they didn't bother to mention they completely gimped the chances of it being useful; that is, minimum values on given Affixes were lowered, and the likelyhood of rolling more Affixes themselves was reduced.

Following 1.03, there have been many unannounced changes to the game, such as the reworking of Magic Find; an updated page on said stat was located on 7/21, but it was unannounced

Now assuming this was not a change, then their claims that Magic Find worked exactly as it had from Diablo 2 were lies.

Back to the issue with Inferno, there are bizzare combinations of Affixes on Elite/Champion packs, that are outright horrible design.

From CC locking to being Invulnable, naturally fast mobs having a Fast affix, Jailer locking you in pools of hazards, running from an enemy only to be Vortexted straight back to it, mash your cooldown to escape only to have it Teleport straight to you

There are many problems, but there are over 3000 other reviews available here that cover all thse things are better than I am willing to.

As a typical game, I'd rate 4/10, but since they slapped "Diablo" on it, and continue to run it into the ground with each new patch, 1/10
  76. Jul 30, 2012
    Ah product where all the work is for the ah.
    i doesn't deserve the "name" game.
    In the past, blizzard was Blizzard. Today, it's just a common company which is selling videogames because it gives more money than a broom.
    Biggest disappointment in my gamer's life.
  77. Aug 5, 2012
    Reading other reviews that call this game a "triumph" makes me wonder if the reviewer even played the game. At any rate, I played the original Diablo and also Diablo 2 and I can say for certain that this game has none of the dark atmosphere of the first, and none of the enjoyable gameplay of the second. It pretty much feels like WoW ported to the ARPG genre. Here are some highlights:Reading other reviews that call this game a "triumph" makes me wonder if the reviewer even played the game. At any rate, I played the original Diablo and also Diablo 2 and I can say for certain that this game has none of the dark atmosphere of the first, and none of the enjoyable gameplay of the second. It pretty much feels like WoW ported to the ARPG genre. Here are some highlights: 1)Always-On DRM was supposed to protect us from hacking and exploits, which did neither. 2)Auction House feels mandatory since it's next to impossible to gear up for inferno based on drops in game. 3)Drops in general are terrible. Most Legendary items are laughable. 4)Enrage timers and gear checks in an ARPG (these things really only belong in an MMO) 5)Limited character builds and uninspired skills. 6)Various fixes implemented to combat the people exploiting the game that ended up punishing the legit players. Very disappointing for such a highly anticipated game. Expand
  78. Sep 21, 2012
    I was the biggest diablo and blizzard fan... diablo 3 released... I hate blizzard and diablo
    They pretty much butchered the whole series and the company in everyones eyes.
    This is the worst game release ever and tehy should all get fired and never develop a game ever again!
  79. Nov 26, 2012
    I won't give Diablo III a 0/10. It did have smooth combat, unfortunately that's it. I won't complain that the story sucked, we all expected that as it's far from the point of a game series which was made famous as a hack and slash dungeon crawler. Everything we DO expect from Diablo has been taken out. Skill, Attributes, world PVP, not being able to just buy your way through everythingI won't give Diablo III a 0/10. It did have smooth combat, unfortunately that's it. I won't complain that the story sucked, we all expected that as it's far from the point of a game series which was made famous as a hack and slash dungeon crawler. Everything we DO expect from Diablo has been taken out. Skill, Attributes, world PVP, not being able to just buy your way through everything with real cash. Rather than tailoring to the audience Blizzard took a "you'll enjoy what we allow you to enjoy" approach. We were forced online even for single player which wouldn't, alone, be the absolute death of the game if the server functioned half as well as the decade old Diablo II servers. Rather than customizable character builds we were forced into pre-designed characters on which the biggest difference was whether or not when you leaped you did AOE damage on falling or if it had a shorter cooldown. To replace the customizable character builds we got an overly intricate item system in which even the top tier items have stats that vary so much that no one knows where the cap's are; the item system, rather than promoting farming and gearing new characters instead just causes people to give up and shell out more real life cash to get even decent gear. In other words the entire game is tailored so that in order to reach any sort of endgame gearing level or pvp-ready level, the only two options are hundreds of hours of mindless grinding for items which, once they drop, may not even have any usable stats, or giving up hope and giving blizzard more money. That's it. The entire depth of this game can be summed up as, "try to get them hooked with smooth combat and flashy cinematics, force them to pay us more if they want their characters to be even slightly different from anyone else". Sorry for the length, and I try to be as objective as possible, but the fact of the matter is they had a system that worked and, when they saw a window for more cash, they let greed ruin it. Expand
  80. May 20, 2012
    Wildly disappointed! No means to play offline and the servers are constantly crucified. Game play is OK but mediocre compared with previous iterations of the franchise. The fact that I forked out for the CE is really getting to me as I would quite like to be able to play the game as opposed to find a regular stream of error messages... and WTF is maintenance on a Sunday allWildly disappointed! No means to play offline and the servers are constantly crucified. Game play is OK but mediocre compared with previous iterations of the franchise. The fact that I forked out for the CE is really getting to me as I would quite like to be able to play the game as opposed to find a regular stream of error messages... and WTF is maintenance on a Sunday all about!?!?!?!?

I have to state that no further blizzard purchases will be made in this household. Hugely disappointed :( Sad that such a great franchise and company has been muddied so utterly by a huge failing in one game, which lets be honest Blizzard must have been aware of the demand for this title!
  81. May 20, 2012
    Single player has all the worst features of a MMo, first of all server availability. Europe severs offline on sunday: no single player, no game, only the sensation of the worst work in blizzard history.
  82. May 25, 2012
    The game starts well but has an extremely bad balancing... The first chapter misses challenge a lot (no challenge at all!). Then after 10 hours you encounter a boss (Belial), and there it becomes almost impossible! I stopped playing the game here, and it very frustrating to pay a game full price without being able to finish it.
    Blizzard try to make you believe it is accessible to anyone,
    Blizzard try to make you believe it is accessible to anyone, but this is not the case (at all). For hardcore players only.
    Ho, and yes, the story is for 12 yo kids only too...
  83. May 25, 2012
    There's too many things to mention that are bad about this game. Blizzard improved a bit on D2, but regressed in all the important areas including replayability, which is almost nonexistent. Everything about this game feels uninspired and rushed (the loot, story, even the game's servers).

I've never done a formal review of a game in my 15 years as being a gamer, but I decided to do just this one because I've never been as disappointed and let down in a purchase as I have with this title. It's really turned around my perception of Blizzard, unfortunately in a bad way. They just aren't the company they were before.
  84. May 26, 2012
    Like the game but online requirement for single player sucks. I'm constantly suffering lags, delays and glitches that makes the game not funny. (dummy text to get 150 chars)
  85. May 27, 2012
    I've tried to put up with all the issues but there are too many! 1. Story is mediocre.
    2. some very horrible dialogue. Especially when Diablo himself is talking like a stupid child.... seriously.
    3.lag spiking. and this is the only game that does this so its this game and not my internet. 4. Frame dropping.. sadly BF3, dirt 3, ME3 and every other game runs smooth D3 does not. Tried many
    4. Frame dropping.. sadly BF3, dirt 3, ME3 and every other game runs smooth D3 does not. Tried many diff video drivers and settings to no avail.
    5. End game video was pitiful for a diablo game. number of CG videos lacking.
    6. no real feel of improving. I've gone from 1500dps to 3000dps upgrade and there was none to little sensation of really destroying **** up. 7. Leveling and items seem to be fine drops are fine.
    8. music is lacking... i seem to notice only 3 songs...
    9. Audio doesn't work well with my 5.1 system... Every other game works fine. so this was depressing. And i never have audio problems with anythings. sigh.
    10.Auction House is horrible at best. It may work. but it probably won't. Then it will work oh wait its not. lol
    10.1 Support for cash auction house response ... call this number ... call number wait an hour. oh ya its not up yet. ask why it said on the box it was in game... no answer and then they freaking hanged up on me.
    10.2 when the auction house works it's not bad... if it works

11. random game kicks you out cause server problems. They're trying to fix it i get it... but just dont release the game if it can't be played properly damn it.

12. It's freaking DIABLO 3 not some cheap ass company that puts out ****ty games. Yet this game is flawed and needs too many fixes. I wish I had not bought this game. I have asked for my money back as I get too mad for the 1000th time the game lags when im battling some mobs and im dead again.... and again.... yeah that's sure fun.

I love Diablo 2, 1, Starcraft 1, 2, big esports guy but third time is not a charm for diablo series 4/10. 60% of the fun was lost from playing this game now....

Don't buy it now... buy it when it's finished.... if you have to...
  86. May 27, 2012
    Ok game mechanics, graphics and playability for the first few stages but totally lacks most of the long term viability of its predecessor. It seems as though the developers threw a lot of good Diablo ideas out the window, replaced with WoW concepts and a goal to milk money out of players with their RMAH. For a sequel so long in the making it is an utter failure, for a new game it wouldOk game mechanics, graphics and playability for the first few stages but totally lacks most of the long term viability of its predecessor. It seems as though the developers threw a lot of good Diablo ideas out the window, replaced with WoW concepts and a goal to milk money out of players with their RMAH. For a sequel so long in the making it is an utter failure, for a new game it would be ok, but not great. Expand
  87. May 27, 2012
    Very poor story, dull bosses which are easier than champion packs, itemization failed (blue items better than legendaries), narrow variety of usable skills in end-game and Blizzard doesn't give a sh*t, they just want more money
  88. May 28, 2012
    A lot of parts of the game feels untested (especially Inferno) . Class balance is non
    existent, few classes is making insane amounts of gold by farming inferno act 3-4 while other cant earn a dime , progress beyond act 1. Itemization seems vastly inferior to one in Diablo 2.
  89. May 28, 2012
    Underwhelmingly awful. The game is repetitive and boring and doesn't carry-through the darker undertones of Diablo II that somehow made this type of gaming interesting. I was placed on a different server to my friends but was not warned of this - this meant later after we'd started, we couldn't join-up and play with our characters.
  90. May 28, 2012
    I really liked Diablo 2, but I wasn't that excited for Diablo 3. I just felt there was no where for the story to go, and boy, was I right. Well, no where for it to go without digging into some massively stupid cliches.

Graphics: 5/10 They're passable. I mean, there's nothing really new from what I remember of Diablo 2, just updated to look a bit nicer. It's actually below what I would expect, but they're not horrid.

Story: 2/10 Gah, other than a few cool parts, the story was completely predictable. And this Nephalem thing... what's wrong with just good old humans being the heroes? And Tristram! REALLY? Does EVERY Diablo story HAVE to start there? Really? And the second second act. Oh, and the barbarian lands the third act... I'm rather expecting them to shoehorn in the jungle in any expansion they come out because it's terribly hard to think of new cities and new environments to play in. I actually found the journals more interesting than what the main characters had to say, and the journals aren't really... that good.

Gameplay: 3/10
    ... it's Diablo. It's a clickfest. It works. Why I'm lowering the score here is the lack of customization. Every class has every skill in that class unlocked. Gone are choosing your skill and stat points. I personally think that taking choices away from the player is a Bad Thing. Yes, they can choose anything they want, but the fact that it's all open, that there's nothing to really work for, and that there's no reason to roll another of the same class is pretty ridiculous. Sound/Music: 8/10 While not perfect, I liked the music. The sounds are fine for combat, and when listening to the journals, it dims the other sounds so you can hear it. What's annoying is that if you happen to click on something else that spews sound at you, or start a conversation, before the journal or whatever is done, the new one rides over the old one. I suppose it had to be that way, but it's still annoying.

Miscellaneous: 2/10
    Miscellaneous holds the "other" categories which don't fit neatly in sound, gameplay, story, and graphics. As the catchall, the DRM must be mentioned. YOU MUST HAVE A CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET TO PLAY. That's ridiculous! What if your internet goes down? Oh, I'll play Diablo... WAIT NO YOU CAN'T. The only more ridiculous DRM I've ever seen was on Spore, which gave you three installs, and that was it. This one makes you be social. The auction house should get a mention here, which I don't think adds to the game. The reason why? The further you go, the harder it is to find equipment for the character you are playing. I'm not kidding. I have a 40 wizard, and finding +Int items seems impossible. However, I can go on the auction house and buy them.... It's been stated by Blizzard that there's an algorithm in place to calculate drops based on your character and the auction house, which means that you find awesome stuff for other toons, and you can save them in a communal stash (great upgrade there), but they are leading people to using the auction house. Now, I have no problems with that, in theory, but just let me get my own items. What if I don't WANT to use the auction house? Why make it harder for the single player? All of this is, of course, leading up to the real money auction house (RMAH), where if you list something, from what I have read, there is a $1 dollar item fee, %15 listing fee, and ANOTHER 15% fee to transfer any money from the battlenet store to PayPal. That means that if I sell an item for $1.50, say, $1 goes to the listing fee, and it's unclear if it's %15 of the remaining money ($0.50) or of the total ($1.50). If it's the second, that's a $0.23 fee, leaving you $0.27 cents made. Then, if you transfer that to PayPal, there's another $0.04 fee to do so, leaving you with a grand total of $0.23 from a $1.50 item. Of course, the higher you sell an item for, the profit margin will grow, but who will spend REAL money for fake items? All in all, it's a shame that this game isn't better. I don't mind the idea behind the auction houses, but let people make money off of it. Just take a flat %15 and call it good. The gameplay is what you expect from Diablo, but the story is awful and rehashed. I would avoid buying it for now, and pick it up on the bargain bin six months from now, because it CAN be consuming (especially the first time through), but it's not worth $60, not by a long shot.
  91. May 28, 2012
    I am a long-time PC gamer who played both Diablo and Diablo II for many, many hours back when they came out, as well as other great Blizzard games like Starcraft and the Warcraft series...so wow, where to start with a review of a game that was one of the most anticipated of the last 10 years, and probably one of this biggest disappointments ever. What's interesting is that BlizzardI am a long-time PC gamer who played both Diablo and Diablo II for many, many hours back when they came out, as well as other great Blizzard games like Starcraft and the Warcraft series...so wow, where to start with a review of a game that was one of the most anticipated of the last 10 years, and probably one of this biggest disappointments ever. What's interesting is that Blizzard previewed this game 4 years ago, and it looked mostly done at that point. Why has it taken so long to deliver so little? I'm going to ignore the two things that seemed to get most people so angry, the requirement of a persistent connection (though I think it's a bad idea, a really bad idea), and the server issues which have made playing hit-or-miss for so many people, and concentrate on what I think are it's major failings, one, the lack of any real long-term replay-ability, and two, a game model and approach which owes way too much to World of Warcraft. Another major gameplay complaint is the way multiplayer games are handled, come on, only 4 players? No game lobby? I don't like it at all. Why take a model that worked great (D2), and throw it out the window?

This is an event-driven, very linear game. There's not much in the way of "free play" like you had in D2 at all, you can only enter the game at pre-determined quest points, if you want to play an area again. There are no persistent portals, either, which I see as a major mistake. You can not die on a quest, and go back to where you were. You have to start over, and this can be REALLY annoying. After playing this game all the way through in only a few hours, I was left asking myself where the other half of the game was, because it really seems like it's missing at least half of what it should have. Where's the beef? A good game should provide at LEAST 40 hours of play-through, (especially one that costs $60) and no, I don't think that including extra hardness levels counts. You're still doing exactly the same thing over again. The maps are all the same, every time. Many of the "maps" are basically a corridor from the entrance to the exit, with maybe a few hard mobs in the way. There is very little in the way of challenge here, much less strategy. By abandoning the attribute point and skill system, one of the really fun things that made D2 so replayable is gone. The system they replaced it with is well thought out, but it's totally unsuitable for a serious ARPG game. What they've actually done is turned this into a casual game at a hardcore price.

That brings me to the second major issue, the whole game model. It's obvious that Blizzard is intending this to be a major money-maker by creating an auction house where addicted players will be tempted into buying the best items to equip their players for the hard levels. This is clear just by the way the difficulty scales as you move through the game. It goes from easy to super hard very fast, with no commensurate boost in player stats to compensate, just the same old mismatched items that are completely ineffective. To top it all off, the "normal" auction house hasn't even been working correctly at all, and the "real money" one has been put on hold indefinitely. It's bad enough that you have to struggle against an unbalanced game, but you can't even get what you need from the auction house either. This has been a major ongoing issue, as a lot of players have reached the level where they really need those auction house items, and they can't get them. I can't help but think this is a huge step backwards. You should be able to play the game without having to buy equipment from someone else. The fact that you can't shows a really cynical approach by Blizzard to the game overall. Even in World of Warcraft, you can play the game through without having to buy anything. This game is so item-centric that you simply can't.

I'd rate this game as follows:

Graphics: 7 out of 10, mainly because they look just like WoW graphics, almost the same style.
    Gameplay: 6 out of 10, because there's little strategy, and some annoying gameplay decisions.
    Execution: 2 out of 10, because of the awful launch problems, MIA auction house, and terrible multiplayer implementation.

I'm afraid that this is the game that has put the nail in the coffin of Blizzard as far as I'm concerned. WoW was a good game at the start, but they've dumbed it down to a silly, childlike, purely casual game now, complete with personal flying dragons and dancing pandas. Starcraft II was a warning, in a way, because it was only 1/3 of a game, or looking at it another way, a game you had to buy two expansion packs for to have a complete game. And of course there was the DRM, and the need for a persistent internet connection. And now we have Diablo 3. Goodbye Blizzard, it was nice knowing you.
  92. May 29, 2012
    Over a decade in the making - Blizzard presents you with the most fantastic game release failure in recent memory. The game, is ok - however - with the anticipation of D3, the huge resources of Blizzard - the end product is unforgivable.

The game, has potential, if it worked. In the spirit of other Blizzard titles - we have whining players, constant changes to classes, mechanics, gameplay - and inconsistent application of stats. It just has this sour taste ... reminiscent of another Blizzard title. This is Diablo, not World of Whinecraft. Diablo fans want what they expect, not an unfinished, untested game that is flawed, broken in many ways - and still a work in progress. As a Diablo fan - who has played all 3 Diablo I'm soundly disappointed by this mediocre release. Even the auction house doesn't work. Nothing works in game! I didn't expect to play a half-finished beta - served as a final product. Pathetic.
  93. May 29, 2012
    This game is a Fail.

It would take me a lot of time to write all the minuses of it. Its just a shame. I have demanded the refund now. Hello, i'm demanding the refund, i want my money back, this game is a shame for diablo series. Its a shame for every player who had ever played it and got a little of brain. I wont go far into telling what pissed me off. Just shortly. a) High price b) No
    This game is a Fail.

I wont go far into telling what pissed me off. Just shortly.

a) High price
    b) No game key for a long time, lies on your website
    c) pathetic itemization
    d) wow-like hero development, oh wait, theres no hero development
    e) server lags - unplayable
    f) drm and stuff, no single player
    g) unplayable video fps drops on very powerful pc (5000$ 2012 year, 8 cores e.t.c) tried on another pc - same stuff, your fail
    h) Pathetic story line, i'm not 5 years old this is **** shame i) no end game
    j) no pvp
    k) Auction house is a blizzard's greed
    l) this game is stupid, plainly stupid gameplay
    m) awful graphics
    n) 5000 man company - no customer service, no replies on forums? is this a joke?

p.s. please dont write a review if you have only played beta or normal.
  94. May 29, 2012
    Had to get a refund for this game. Upgraded my computer to an i5 3750 with a Z77 MB, 8GB ram, the works and I couldn't play when I wanted to because of connection issues and constant server downtime. Their EULA mentions an "offline" mode but there isn't one. You're forced to play on their servers.

The game itself is absolutely terrible as It's a remake of a game they created in the 1990's. If this were 1999 this game would get a 10/10 but this is 2012 and games these days have a ton more content. The fact that we're expected to pay $60 to farm and grind the same dungeons over and over again with limited customization to our characters makes me cringe. I played the game through level 38 and the story consists of angry demons fighting angry angels, it's incredibly simple. They just drew up characters who were angry for no reason. Absolutely no user beneficial creativity went into this game. It's a dumbed down version of D2 with better graphics, DRM and an auction house. They even went as far to strip features such as lobbies and offline play to suit their money driven business model. This game is absolute rubbish, worst game I've ever spent money on.
  95. May 30, 2012
    The game has unacceptable DRM. I don't have enough time to play often. So it's even worse to get persistent login errors for hours whenever I manage to free up some time. I have been able to play sometimes and the game looks nice. But the horrible frustration of not being able to play even on my own makes it not worth it. There's no technical reason for not allowing singleplayer without aThe game has unacceptable DRM. I don't have enough time to play often. So it's even worse to get persistent login errors for hours whenever I manage to free up some time. I have been able to play sometimes and the game looks nice. But the horrible frustration of not being able to play even on my own makes it not worth it. There's no technical reason for not allowing singleplayer without a connecting to their servers. Expand
  96. May 30, 2012
    This game is seriously under par. After the wait, this should have the "Blizzard Polish" (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html) which was largely ignored for this game. It does NOT live up to either D1 nor D2. The skills are bland, the gameplay at highest levels is broken (kiting only). The items drops, which are what define Diablo and Diablo Grinding have beenThis game is seriously under par. After the wait, this should have the "Blizzard Polish" (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html) which was largely ignored for this game. It does NOT live up to either D1 nor D2. The skills are bland, the gameplay at highest levels is broken (kiting only). The items drops, which are what define Diablo and Diablo Grinding have been deliberately made so impossible to come by, in favor of the AH/RMAH as an intended "feature". Legendaries do not drop, and when they do, are worse than blues of the same level, same with Set pieces. This game is utterly broken. Expand
  97. May 30, 2012
    It's an ok single player game but it's plagued by the worst aspects off online requirements. Seriously, I've lost a fair amount of gameplay progress because they've rebooted the servers before I could save. What's so frustrating is that I thought I was buying a single player game. If I want to play an MMO then I'll go do that. I'm level 9 but I'm so aggravated about the patching andIt's an ok single player game but it's plagued by the worst aspects off online requirements. Seriously, I've lost a fair amount of gameplay progress because they've rebooted the servers before I could save. What's so frustrating is that I thought I was buying a single player game. If I want to play an MMO then I'll go do that. I'm level 9 but I'm so aggravated about the patching and server reboots I doubt I'll continue. Expand
  98. Jun 1, 2012
    Good game, when playable. From 5 PM to 10PM it's impossible to log in.

Wait for the price to drop because this is not a game but a paid beta test. - no character customization - still no PvP - still no real money auction house (that to be honest is a good thing) - no server stabilty - account security issues - ATI drivers compatibility issues - game difficulties umbalanced - random
    Good game, when playable. From 5 PM to 10PM it's impossible to log in.

Wait for the price to drop because this is not a game but a paid beta test.

- no character customization
    - still no PvP
    - still no real money auction house (that to be honest is a good thing)
    - no server stabilty
    - account security issues
    - ATI drivers compatibility issues
    - game difficulties umbalanced
    - random enchantments on items makes good drops incredibly rare (that brings us back to the real money auction house)

The gameplay is funny and addictive but crap Blizzard needs to work a lot on this game to get something really worth the price and the hype of 12 years.
  99. Jun 1, 2012
    Easily the biggest flop of the decade.

If you've played the past Diablo games, DON'T pay and play this one. The game is nothing like the past games and revolves around getting you on the Real Money Auction House and trying to get you to spend money there. Feels much more like World of Warcraft than Diablo. Blizzard sold out and deceived us all big time on this game.

Avoid it.
  100. Jun 1, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the worst garbage game I've ever played, the box it came in is more entertaining. Blizzard/Activision and their genius development team took a big, steamy crap on the Diablo franchise and its up until now pristine legacy. There's no lobby so communicating with other players is a chore, hacking is out of control,Gold Spammers are already doing what they do best, Lag makes theDiablo 3 is the worst garbage game I've ever played, the box it came in is more entertaining. Blizzard/Activision and their genius development team took a big, steamy crap on the Diablo franchise and its up until now pristine legacy. There's no lobby so communicating with other players is a chore, hacking is out of control,Gold Spammers are already doing what they do best, Lag makes the game virtually unplayable at times, D3 is so buggy it seems like players are still Beta testing, Act Bosses are less challenging than Elite mobs, monster scaling makes no sense and the games difficulty curve is down right absurd. Diablo 3 has been entirely engineered around the AH/RMAH so D3 will be pay2win soon and itemization is laughable. D3 is a slap in the face to loyal Diablo fan who have been around for a long time. What were we expecting = D2 with better graphics, what did we receive for our $60.00 dollars = a watered down D2/World of Warcraft hybrid with no Offline play mode and servers that dont wor most of the time. Blizzard/Activision D3 gave you a black eye. Expand
  101. May 19, 2012
    I have never been so disappointedin a game as this. Bring all the worst traits of a multiplayer game into a single player experience. Lag, latency, warping....and I am not just talking about release day, they still happen now and its made the single player game frustrating to say the least. This may well be due to my substandard internet connection but whilst I expected to login toI have never been so disappointedin a game as this. Bring all the worst traits of a multiplayer game into a single player experience. Lag, latency, warping....and I am not just talking about release day, they still happen now and its made the single player game frustrating to say the least. This may well be due to my substandard internet connection but whilst I expected to login to battle net I did not expect the single player game to be reliant on server connectivity.

I can't even be bothered to review the 'ACTUAL' game becuase half the time I just get screenshots of it due to lag spikes.

Only buy this game if you like this sort of game, have got a decent internet connection and nobody else in the household wants to watch a steaming movie or download something whilst you play. You will regret it otherwise.

If this is a sign of things to come then it will be the final nail in the coffin for PC gaming.

1. Aug 31, 2012