3.9

1. May 18, 2012
    By far the largest joke in gaming history. This company only cares about profit, to the point they will force you to play this game *online* when it's a single player game... Why does this matter soo much? Because their whole reason for forcing online play is their "Real Money Auction House" which they have taxed 3-ways!!! Thats right, you might be able to sell something online, via theirBy far the largest joke in gaming history. This company only cares about profit, to the point they will force you to play this game *online* when it's a single player game... Why does this matter soo much? Because their whole reason for forcing online play is their "Real Money Auction House" which they have taxed 3-ways!!! Thats right, you might be able to sell something online, via their system, but Blizzard will make a huge profit off each sell.

To make matters worse, they REFUSE to support any sort of competitive PvP system, meaning NO LADDER, NO TOURNAMENTS, NO RANKINGS, NO PvP AT RELEASE!!!

I give this game a 1 out of 10!
  2. May 18, 2012
    Wife and husband play together:

Other remarks: 1. No real character customization. She kind of wondered why we had to put points into our chars when really there was no place to put them but what the game chose for us. This was weird. It didn't really seem like you were creating "your" character but creating one already chosen for you. This was a real downer. 1b. Skill switcher - Sorry
    Wife and husband play together:

Other remarks:

1b. Skill switcher - Sorry this didn't fly well either. We have to open up a window to switch skills and select a new one. We don't have a box where we could put them on hot keys. "Why can't I just put my skills in some bar" she said.

2. Difficulty - As mentioned before the game is very easy. I can't believe how simple it is to move around and kill mobs. I clearly remember d2 being harder with more monsters and harder "in ground" dungeons. I told my wife that she would have to beat the game in order to make it more difficult , and then "replay" the whole content again. She kind of laughed at that and said "no thanks." ie replaying the content to get a better challenge for her didn' really go over well.
  3. May 18, 2012
    My opinion is based solely on the single-player experience, nostalgia and the expectations I had based on what Blizzard have released prior to this game.

The single-player campaign is very unimpressive and the audio logs (journals) that are meant to flesh out the world are more often than not of rather poor quality. The removal of attribute and skill points makes leveling up a trivial and uninteresting event, and it is nothing short of a tragedy for all those who played the two first Diablo games.

I experienced several times (roughly 27 times in a single playthrough) where the game would hang and all combat and actions were "stuck" and after a second or two the game would resume, causing monsters to teleport around based on where they would have gone during the hang. Having this happen on a T1 internet connection in a single-player game is beyond unacceptable.

It was Blizzard themselves who set a new standard of what we could expect from a single-player experience when they released StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty.

Whether or not they release new content, events and modes is entirely unimportant as the only thing that matters is what I think of the game after having played through it... and I am not impressed if this is the quality we can expect from future Blizzard games.
  4. May 18, 2012
    Fanboys, you do not simply rate "playing" with the product, you rate the whole product!

As a product, Diablo 3 is a letdown in multiple ways. These include: 1) Buggy installations - numerous errors such as "Incorrect Installation Options Selected" when no such thing happened, and install crashes or freezes at 1%/5%/etc. 2) Lacking infrastructure to actually facilitate gameplay on opening

As a product, Diablo 3 is a letdown in multiple ways. These include:
    1) Buggy installations - numerous errors such as "Incorrect Installation Options Selected" when no such thing happened, and install crashes or freezes at 1%/5%/etc. 2) Lacking infrastructure to actually facilitate gameplay on opening day. Do you know how many "Diablo 3 Opening" parties were a let down? What exactly is the point of a "midnight opening" to be among the first to get the game, when you cant actually play it? And all in the name of anti-piracy when in fact the game has already been cracked (less than 48 hours later) and pirated "offline" versions are available through "other channels"!
    3) Laggy solo play - high ping times persisting days after launch, and many people just living far away from servers (i.e. outside of the US and Europe) is an aweful experience
    4) Ridiculous, opportunistic, and greedy price tag - it is no way worth what its being sold for, and this company simply took advantage of its fans. Smart fans will realise this, and they wont appreciate it. Then the actual game:
    1 point for nice music. That is all. 1) Graphics - the game reminds me of Monkey Island by Lucasarts. Its so cartoony and does its best to not fit in with the atmosphere that its trying to creat by the story and the videos - there is a huge disconnect here
    2) Difficulty - its retard-friendly. Normal difficulty is a joke.
    3) Interface - minimal character customisation. Things just unlock. Minimal thinking required. 4) Random Map Resets every day? omg
    5) Voice Acting - lol - another joke
    6) Real Money Auction House - profiteering and legalised 'cheating'. Performance can now be based less on effort and more on your credit card....
    7) PVP - not released with the release :P lol again!

This game is a fail. Diablo 2 is superior from an "atmosphere" perspective. Its superior from the perspective of "actually being able to play" too! Some might argue that Diablo 3 is its own game, and thats fine. However its a game that came with alot of expectation strapped to it, and has overall not lived up to the hype....it hasnt even come close to be honest. For a game that has been in development for so long, by such a big developer, you would be forgiven for thinking that maybe some fans had gotten tired of waiting and strung what we have here together themselves in their spare time. You definitely dont expect this kind of release from the mighty Blizzard! The company that only has 3 well-recognised brands, because all of them have (until now) been totally epic! Well folks, it looks like the beginning of the end for Blizzard is here. Very, very, dissapointed. Have actively persuaded people to spend their money in better ways.
  5. May 18, 2012
    Everyone should avoid this monstrosity at all costs. You have been warned. Blizzard should not be allowed to profit on this nonsense. Just because of the name, they figure they can half ass this and still make money. Guys, we should boycott this.
  6. May 18, 2012
    D3 has reduced the series to something else, its not the game it should be. Its overly simplified to the point where you could most likely teach a chimpanzee to play it. On the opening day, its riddled with errors, which normally would be expected but not from blizzard who run the biggest MMOs in the world. SC2 and WoW. This is a game which was developed for 10 years, I feel I could haveD3 has reduced the series to something else, its not the game it should be. Its overly simplified to the point where you could most likely teach a chimpanzee to play it. On the opening day, its riddled with errors, which normally would be expected but not from blizzard who run the biggest MMOs in the world. SC2 and WoW. This is a game which was developed for 10 years, I feel I could have gotten a degree in software writing, rendering, modelling and texturing and made a better game in the same timeframe. The lack of single player feels stingy and irritating, as the previous 2 games were primarily based on single player. The cash shop allows players to pay to win, the annoying thing is of course that you cannot choose to not play with these people as there is no singleplayer, playing the game requires you remain online. Similarly, the feel of the game, that is, the music, the texturing etc isn't in a unique style. Personally it feels cartoonish and unrealistic, so much so that the 128 colour graphics of d2 are more realistic. The music feels like they were trying to improve on a masterpiece by rewriting Tristram's theme. If you have played Diablo 1 or 2. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. If you haven't and this is your first game ever, there's a good chance you may enjoy it. Expand
  7. May 18, 2012
    Do yourself a favor and play a demo of this, or go to a friend's place to try it before you buy. I wish I had. I feel like Blizzard has stolen $60 from me, the graphics are ho hum, the story line is old and boring, and the action is totally BLAH. If anyone knows how I could get my money and time back from this experience, please let me know. Have all the great game designers beenDo yourself a favor and play a demo of this, or go to a friend's place to try it before you buy. I wish I had. I feel like Blizzard has stolen $60 from me, the graphics are ho hum, the story line is old and boring, and the action is totally BLAH. If anyone knows how I could get my money and time back from this experience, please let me know. Have all the great game designers been squelched at these big companies? Where is the fun and innovations I use to associate with big title releases? Expand
  8. May 18, 2012
    There are far many games worse than D3, but $60 for this is absolutely a travesty. Graphics not great, audio pretty weak, and when playing you know that it's not worth even $30 so it makes the game that much worse. Everyone has said enough already, but don't buy this game now.
  9. May 18, 2012
    Lackluster graphics, game play, story, and skill trees. DRM to play a single player game? What are we paying for then? HUGE disappointment. If you want to own it, pirate it. You don't get what you pay for.
  10. May 18, 2012
    What is the point of buying a game if you can't even play it? I saved up for it, just to play by myself. I'm not a big multiplayer user, so I bought it for the singleplayer. Turns out, it doesn't matter. I can't play it without being online, which is horrible since I don't always have internet. Also: Error 37.
  11. May 19, 2012
    This game is fun if you can play...Every time i get on to play the servers are down for maintenance. When I do get in a game I get constant 3007 errors after 20 min of playing which disconnect me back to the login screen. I keep having to replay the same quests over and over because of the disconnects. This is very unlike blizzard to release a game that's not finished with these type ofThis game is fun if you can play...Every time i get on to play the servers are down for maintenance. When I do get in a game I get constant 3007 errors after 20 min of playing which disconnect me back to the login screen. I keep having to replay the same quests over and over because of the disconnects. This is very unlike blizzard to release a game that's not finished with these type of problems. Contemplating getting a full refund.

Being forced to play online is the biggest mistake this game makes...if your going to force me to play online better have a server that is available for me WHEN IM READY TO PLAY. This game is a huge fail.
  12. May 19, 2012
    I would give 8.5 if you could play offline, but I have to keep stopping every moment, either because of bugs or long maintenance of own blizzard, this type of treatment the client can not get away
  13. May 19, 2012
    For the first thing - i want to mention that i didnt experienced any problam with the servers disconnecting and i really dont mind about the DRM system. After few hours playing this game i have only 1 word to say - DISAPPOINTMENT.
    If u played diablo 1, and diablo 2 and ur a diablo fan? dont think about playing this game because it will just make u angry.
    it seems blizzard neglected all the
    it seems blizzard neglected all the good and unique features that made diablo II LoD one of the best games in history.
    1. No customize Skills + Artibbutes - this is really poor and ruine the game experience for me. blizzard aimed this game for 6 years old who dont need to think. u cant longer do customize and special chars (for exemple enchantress bear sorc on d2 :p).
    2. Party groups of only 4 ppl - really shame then instead of moving foward and making the game experience of interacting and playing with other people they move back to only 4 people partys.
    3. No game list like diablo 2- all the games are randomize and u cant enter a game for trading like on diablo 2.
    4. The trading experience is really bad now- u dont longer can have the great feeling of the trading in diablo 2 (trading low items junk for medium junk. medium junk into better items etc)- i remember i used to spend many nights by only trading junk to get better items.
    5. NO more world PVP feature - i wasnt a big fan of it but it was fun to duel people on world pvp, now u can only do WoW style pvp arena which is good but they neglected world pvp which was fun.
    In conclusion, blizzard had 12 years to make the Diablo III and they wasted all this time of making a poor WoW 2. Diablo II is a game who stand the test of time and is still largly played by many people around the world this days, when diablo III in my opinion doesnt even stand the test of present time. its a truly sad day for diablo game series fans. take care.
  14. May 19, 2012
    Let me start by saying that if you haven't noticed, metacritic is working really hard trying to avoid Diablo III getting the score the users think (which IMO is the closest to what this game deserves) by censoring comments with nothing wrong in it just for rating below 2, i got my comment deleted for no reason so i'm not going to rewrite all over again, just some facts: Cons:
    -No customization at all
    -None replayability
    -Ridiculously flat skill/attribute points
    -Extremely linear
    -Difficulty not challenging at all
    -No runewords
    -Pay to win RMAH
    -Battlenet 2.0
    -WoW-like skills and graphics
    -+200str an armor? lol...(WoW-like items, never seen a +200str or +200 any other attribute in diablo games)
    -No PvP on release
    -Checkpoints (awful implementation) -Joining game issues like: leveling up or getting waypoints you didn't have.
    -Almost none ingame trade system (no global chat equals no trade between players equals all trades made with blizzard as intermediary equals high end items that worth RM get sold in RMAH equals blizzard getting part of)
    -12 years wait.

Pros:
    -Due to the dificulty and the mobs AI you could still play Diablo III even with both arms broken.
    -Its pretty optimized for smooth gameplay even on not high end PCs.
  15. May 19, 2012
    The worst let down of all time... The story is mediocre, there is no challenging gameplay, it takes 4 days to completely max out your character for what that is even worth since you don't get to choose anything and everyone's characters are exactly the same, level cap is 60. They basically took out everything that made it fun. It is no longer a dungeon crawler, as expansive levels and haveThe worst let down of all time... The story is mediocre, there is no challenging gameplay, it takes 4 days to completely max out your character for what that is even worth since you don't get to choose anything and everyone's characters are exactly the same, level cap is 60. They basically took out everything that made it fun. It is no longer a dungeon crawler, as expansive levels and have been replaced by one room caves, i'm not sure any of the maps ever even change since everything is pretty much in the same place.... The graphics are way less than acceptable... The real problem though is the leveling system you can't choose any skill points, spells or anything about your character other than their name, on top of that the cap is 60 and it takes no time to get there after the first difficulty your level thirty minimum.. Diablo 2 was a challenging game it took for ever to get to level 90 and above and that is what made it fun the game is about leveling and loot it doesn't work without both parts... turns out to be like thanks i'm level 60 now great that took 4ish days i guess i could start a new character but since it took so little time to get here is this even fun at this point. I really loved the idea of RMAH but once again what value do any items have if every eight-year-old and their mom can make it to the level cap without any effort, its certainly instant gratification for people who hate actually accomplishing things. Torchlight was a much better developed game and i'm sure its budget was null in comparison to Diablo 3's. THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS GAME IS THAT BLIZZARD HAS RUN OUT OF GAMES TO RUIN AT THIS POINT. Expand
  16. May 20, 2012
    Extremely expensive game with poor graphics and a bad story. It requires constant connection to the internet to play and the servers are always busy/down.
  17. May 20, 2012
    As an Australian player, this game is nearly unplayable. I'm stuck with a ping that averages 600, which makes combat sluggish, ugly, and playing multi-player with friends causes severe lag spikes which are absolutely disgusting.

Blizzard used to be a company I had a bit of respect for, but their abuse of everyone that isn't American paints them as a bunch of elitist pigs that the world would be better without.

I mean, EA included Australian servers for SWTOR, but Blizzard? Blizzard are now scum of the gaming world. **** Blizzard.
  18. May 20, 2012
    A really great game... if it was playable. Great graphics, great optimization, great story-telling, awesome atmosphere and gameplay...
    but horrid on-line experience (can't connect, server under maintenance, horrid lag spike...)
    Blizzard knew people were already upset about the lack of an off-line mode, yet they failed to deliver a stable on-line play.
  19. May 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a new player to Diablo franchise or even to Blizzard games, I didn't really know what to expect. I only knew it is about fighting monsters, gathering loot and so on. The way gameplay is made is kinda... weird, to be honest. First you obtain an account on so-called battle.net, then you use it to log-in in game. After you do it, monster cards begin to appear, each in nice rectangular frame and labelled with name like "error 37" or so. They also have a nice flavor text. If they appear it means that you have logged too slow and the monster has won. There is quite a variety of enemies, varying in effects and how quickly they kill. The 37 is most common one. 10001 tends to spawn along with 3000008. 12 is a fun one, requires the player to change his "build" in options menu. If the player manages to kill the monster, they can create a character (which is werid, shouldn't it be done BEFORE the actual fight?), and they can take it to fight with other cards. I have yet to beat 3004 and 3006, those are nasty. Balance is weird. 33 is unbeatable. 37 is very common one, easy to beat with typing quick enough. 300008 is rare and weak. I would have nothing against the number indicating how powerful is the encountered mob. 33 is close to 37 and yet they are completely diffrent.

Overall I am not sure if I like this novel approach to card-based gameplay, but hey, thats Blizzard. Those guys surely know how to make a good game. In the end, however, the point of a review is to tell how much reviewer likes the game and its particular aspects. Gameplay gets 2 big, bad 2 for me - unique for sure, but in the end boring. Quite time consuming, too, and I don't feel any sense of progress, though, beating a 10001 feels good for sure!

Graphics are nice, there is an animated background. It does not fit the fighting errors theme, I think something more related to computers would be better. The same can be said about music. 6 for both - Nice, but not fitting.

It is said that the game has some form of multiplayer - I don't really understand how to use it.

So, in the end: unique card game which is quite hard to understand properly. Massive flaws in balance of particular cards, also gets boring after some time.
  20. May 20, 2012
    what kind of company makes a game and forces single player to connect to a server and then take the European servers down at peak time on a Sunday when most people will want to play?
    Hopefully a company that very soon will be going insolvent when it loses its fan base. Let's hope Torchlight 2 do better than this and take all Blizzard's customers.
  21. ran
    May 20, 2012
    This game is just ridiculous I cant understand how could it be that you not only need to connect to the internet in order to play singelplayer, but it also BLOCK you from using it because too many people around the world, simultaneously, are using the same product. Blizzard is actually defying the terms of the game- the costumer pay, and then play. In this case, the costumer not onlyThis game is just ridiculous I cant understand how could it be that you not only need to connect to the internet in order to play singelplayer, but it also BLOCK you from using it because too many people around the world, simultaneously, are using the same product. Blizzard is actually defying the terms of the game- the costumer pay, and then play. In this case, the costumer not only paying more then any other game, but also get a limited access for his game. Awfull. Expand
  22. May 20, 2012
    Unplayable connections, low graphics and ridiculous leveling system make this game sickening. Blizzard has lost a customer for life. No more. The DRM systems fails on every level and so has Blizzard.
  23. HiD
    May 20, 2012
    I can hardly connect to the game, and when I can I just experience insane lags... The game is unplayable..even is solo, because of the need ot be online in order to play the game...
  24. May 20, 2012
    Nothing new in this game, its very very easy, simple point and click and that's about it. You will spend most of your time actually trying to get logged into the game even for single player!
    Most disappointed I've ever been with a game, played it for 3 days now and I'm tired of it.
  25. May 21, 2012
    Dumbed down and disappointing and downright dull. The DRM is a dick move. Hard to believe this game has been in development for a year let alone a decade. Too easy and too short and the story was just some hack job. Terrible game.
  26. May 21, 2012
    When I heard Diablo 3 was coming out I got excited. I have played this series since the beginning. But having played it now for about a week I must say this game is an extreme disappointment. I'll lay the pro's out first, not that there are many. First the new classes are interesting, new twists on old ideas. They kept the random generated maps and items which I also like. The story seemsWhen I heard Diablo 3 was coming out I got excited. I have played this series since the beginning. But having played it now for about a week I must say this game is an extreme disappointment. I'll lay the pro's out first, not that there are many. First the new classes are interesting, new twists on old ideas. They kept the random generated maps and items which I also like. The story seems solid as well.

Ok on to the con's. First and foremost why on earth the devs decided to make a single player game require online connectivity to play is beyond me. Whats worse is the servers keep crashing, and I've experienced lag, which has killed me on numerous occasions. And its not like I live in the sticks with a shoddy connection either. This is where random maps become an issue, more than once I've been three quarters done with a level only to lose a connection and have to restart the whole thing on a new map.

Next major issue, they dumbed down the leveling so much, this no longer feels like an rpg, more like an action arcade game from ten years ago. Call me old fashioned but I like attribute points, and I like assigning them they way I want to. Its an interesting concept to be able to change skills at random, but honestly I don't even do that that much. Also, why are rewards for achievements new banner decorations? I don't get to use the banner in game.

Next is the items, the fact that nothing has any resale value essentially means I only bother picking up magical items. Even those I just pickup en mass since I no longer need to worry about portal scrolls. Again, that was part of the rpg element, managing your scrolls. Speaking of scrolls, or lack there of, why even bother having rare unidentified objects. It then just becomes a hassle waiting to identify something. If we want to make a game five year olds can play, why not at least make it streamlined and have everything identified. Oh and potion management and health globes, both useless. Why there is a time limit on health potions is again beyond me. I have a stack of no less then thirty potions at any one time simply because I cant use them. Then every third enemy drops a health globe anyway so whats the point? When I don't need health there's plenty, when I do need it I can't use it. Also the merchants are useless, their good seem to be chronically below my level. The only time I actually go to one is to repair my equipment. Even the blacksmith, who I try and keep a few levels ahead of me, is weak in the gear department.

Lastly the enemies are somewhat disappointing. They either seem to easy, or too difficult with no real sense of balance. In fact, the only boss I've even had a bit of trouble with was the the first, Belial. After that they all die way to quickly. I've had more trouble just getting swamped by waves of regular monsters. Overall, while the game does have its moments, its just too frustrating and simple to be that recommendable. Blizzard could fix most of the issues if they care, but we will see. If I finish the game it will probably be the last time I play it.
  27. May 21, 2012
    I purchased this game mostly to play single player. I can't even use the product I purchased because of the Always-online DRM that Blizzard programmed by making a battle.net connection REQUIRED for single player. Bravo, after years of "polishing" I can not play because of your greed. The servers are so overwhelmed I can not log into the single player game. Total BS.
  28. May 22, 2012
    Paid good money for a game I can hardly play. Getting disconnect errors interrupted connection and you have been disconnected from battlenet service.

When I by a game I like to play it when I want, how I want and the way that I want. With Diablo 3 I can only play when the server accepts the connection and only for as long as the battlenet service allows before disconnecting me. And when

With Diablo 3 I can only play when the server accepts the connection and only for as long as the battlenet service allows before disconnecting me. And when I am connected I have to play the way blizzard wants because all levels of difficulty are locked until you play normal difficulty. I have been playing rpg's for years and do not want to piss around playing normal for hours just to unlock the next level of difficulty. What ever happened to being able to choose how to play the game you own how you want?
  29. May 23, 2012
    I have spent 6 hours trying to connect. I login and get disconnected from the server within 60 seconds (this is when the servers are on). I have an I7 pc and a high speed internet connection. If a game is that buggy that it cant be played on a top end computer then it deserves a score of 0 why because the game doesn't work. On top of that blizards support is awful so like me if you sufferI have spent 6 hours trying to connect. I login and get disconnected from the server within 60 seconds (this is when the servers are on). I have an I7 pc and a high speed internet connection. If a game is that buggy that it cant be played on a top end computer then it deserves a score of 0 why because the game doesn't work. On top of that blizards support is awful so like me if you suffer connection problems expect once you have submitted a ticket expect to be told to set your ports and shut of your firewalls (ignoring any security riisks and which for the record dont help). Even if you tell them you have already done this)

If you want a game that may or may not work after youve paid for it buy diablo but you would be better off playing roulette
  30. May 24, 2012
    No unique character development - auto-levelling, which means every character of the same class is the same, except gear. And surprise, there is a PayToWin shop in game. For gear. See connection? That would be ok for F2P, but an absolute NO for a game costing around 60$. Plus AlwaysOnlineDRM, which forces you to bow to every whim of Blizzard. Short single player campaign. Launch problemsNo unique character development - auto-levelling, which means every character of the same class is the same, except gear. And surprise, there is a PayToWin shop in game. For gear. See connection? That would be ok for F2P, but an absolute NO for a game costing around 60$. Plus AlwaysOnlineDRM, which forces you to bow to every whim of Blizzard. Short single player campaign. Launch problems and conection issues at day one. All in all - a very very bad direction in gaming. For its current price and state, it is definately a 0. Expand
  31. May 24, 2012
    Sorry Blizzard, you know I love you but I have yet to play a session without getting disconnected with some sort of error message. That I could have lived with for a few days, but you've now had well over a week to fix it and it actually seems to be getting worse.

I took a break of 2 days and today I decide to give it another go and got an Error 3007 after 3 minutes! If you're going to put such intrusive DRManti-piracyanti-cheat measures into a game in the future, try to make sure it doesn't screw over half your PAYING CUSTOMERS who have no intention of hackcheatetc!! And yes I absolutely will give the game a poor score due to this because it has thus far ruined the whole experience for me.... all I want to do is have an hour or 2 of single player goodness yet most MMO releases are better than this. And no I'm not going to start rebooting my modem and opening random ports to try and solve this because I have plenty of other multiplayer games and even MMOs that don't require such measures.
  32. May 24, 2012
    My first review on Metacritic. I had to give Diablo 3 a 1 out of 10 based on two reasons, the lack of offline gameplay and the recent Blizzard statement. Blizzard released a glowing press statement about the record sales figures of Diablo 3 with this paragraph included. 'we're especially proud of the gameplay feedback we've received from players worldwide'. It must be nice to be thisMy first review on Metacritic. I had to give Diablo 3 a 1 out of 10 based on two reasons, the lack of offline gameplay and the recent Blizzard statement. Blizzard released a glowing press statement about the record sales figures of Diablo 3 with this paragraph included. 'we're especially proud of the gameplay feedback we've received from players worldwide'. It must be nice to be this intentionally ignorant of how customers feel about the DRM measures they have had forced down their throats. The only option if you want to be free of this type of business decision is to not buy the game. (or look to the hackers to come up with a crack for off line single players) Unfortunately we all bought Diablo 3 anyway, knowing that the DRM was in the bargain. I guess it took buying it to truly understand how terrible the DRM is. Well, once bitten twice shy. Blizzard's attitude coupled with awful DRM and a just about above average game equals a 1/10 for me. It is a shame that gaming is hitting these all time lows... Expand
  33. May 24, 2012
    This game is okay, but it is nothing like Diablo 2. It has been modeled around being sustainable income for Blizzard.

Currently the only way to be able to farm gear that is worth anything is to use the gear that is worth anything. The only reason people are able to do so right now is because they abused overpowered builds, but they have since been nerfed so nobody else can farm it. Inferno in this game is difficult because of boosted enemy damage and hp, not a change in actual challenge. It's one big gear check.

Since you can't make gold without farming good items to buy good items in order to farm good items, you'll need to use the Real Money Auction House when it comes out.

It's one big ploy for your money, gents... just wait for Torchlight 2 or go play something else.
  34. May 25, 2012
    Disappointed. I played solo and the game crashed because of disconnected. Everyday. WTF is this ? DRM for honest players ? I can't create LAN party, I can't join friends directly, I must give my login to play everytime.
    The game is nice but I can't have fun with this, I give a 1.
  35. May 25, 2012
    Game is absolutely terrible. Doesn't deserve the title of the renowned "Diablo" series. Absolutely 0 customization (the fun thing about D2) + removal of chat channels (nice way to kill the community) + easy level cap of 60 (takes roughly 7 hours if powerleveled correctly). Extreme let down. Incoming microtransaction fees because that's ALL blizzard/activision cares about these days.Game is absolutely terrible. Doesn't deserve the title of the renowned "Diablo" series. Absolutely 0 customization (the fun thing about D2) + removal of chat channels (nice way to kill the community) + easy level cap of 60 (takes roughly 7 hours if powerleveled correctly). Extreme let down. Incoming microtransaction fees because that's ALL blizzard/activision cares about these days. Absolutely horrendous of a game and I'm so sad to have purchased the collectors. Waste of money. Waste of time. Expand
  36. May 25, 2012
    Completly developed against all diablo fans excpecations. RMAH for the win = 0 points.
    Buy your gear in the AH, kill diablo, game over. Blizzard failed so hard with this game, it makes a whole generation of gamers just sad.
  37. May 25, 2012
    Terrible stoy and narration, one kid 5 yo would have done better (the same as with starcraft 2).
    Always online drm for single player in the most retarded thing ever done.
    A game built upon the shameful real money AH.
    Terrible graphics, I expecter A LOT more than the usual WOW art style.
    Gameplay wise is worse than Diablo 2 in many areas.
    Ridicolous price for a bad product like this.
  38. May 26, 2012
    I have to play the game in compatibility mode (I have windows 64), I have trouble connecting to the servers, and there is no single player (what is there doesn't count since I have to be connected to the internet anyway). Fix your **** Blizzard. Give us LAN, give us singleplayer, give us what you used to when you were a good company.
  39. May 26, 2012
    If it were a charming indie-remake of diablo II with sweet retro-pixel graphics, and it would sell for 2$, then it would still be worth the troubles and the pretty unspired gameplay I guess. The only problem being that it just is not. You pay 60 bucks for mediocre (at best) graphics and boring gameplay. My recommendation is to keep playing WoW, as D3 feels more like WoW and all its boringIf it were a charming indie-remake of diablo II with sweet retro-pixel graphics, and it would sell for 2$, then it would still be worth the troubles and the pretty unspired gameplay I guess. The only problem being that it just is not. You pay 60 bucks for mediocre (at best) graphics and boring gameplay. My recommendation is to keep playing WoW, as D3 feels more like WoW and all its boring parts in third person than anything else. Perhaps in 5 years and 2 expansions this will be better, but then you'd shove out another 60$ for both of them. So my money to fun ratio is about 0.001, which almost makes a perfect 0. In this case I gladly round to zero. I would definitely return this game if I could. Expand
  40. Jun 5, 2012
    This game is action console-feel crap. I don't get the same satisfaction from killing monsters that was in the previous Diablo games. Not to mention dozens of flaws listed in the other reviews. The real series ended at Diablo 2.
  41. Jun 8, 2012
    Blizzard should be ashamed. Of course they won't be because this terrible game broke sales records and that seems to be the only thing they care about recently. I get that this is a business and all but I would rather give my money to game companies that give half a crap about their customers. Boring story, light hearted cartoon graphics an setting, elevator equivalent music, pay to win,Blizzard should be ashamed. Of course they won't be because this terrible game broke sales records and that seems to be the only thing they care about recently. I get that this is a business and all but I would rather give my money to game companies that give half a crap about their customers. Boring story, light hearted cartoon graphics an setting, elevator equivalent music, pay to win, repetative gameplay(hack and slash blah blah blah, at least the previous games were extremely fun style repetative, not this pointless bull), a COOPERATIVE/MULTI game with solo capabilities(unless a "friend" feels like dropping in unannounced. Damn Blizzard and damn D3. I will never give them another dollar. If you are looking to try this game I would suggest looking up private servers, yes, there are already several up. Expand
  42. Jun 8, 2012
    Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.
  43. Jun 16, 2012
    I've been playing this game for more than 100+ hours now and I really have to say that in it's entirety, I hate it. Not in it's core content and but in it's implementation. Don't get me wrong. It is still fun to play and retains the same dungeon-crawling, loot-grabbing, clickity-click click goodness. But is that really all there is to it? I've played D1/D2 and have finished and enjoyedI've been playing this game for more than 100+ hours now and I really have to say that in it's entirety, I hate it. Not in it's core content and but in it's implementation. Don't get me wrong. It is still fun to play and retains the same dungeon-crawling, loot-grabbing, clickity-click click goodness. But is that really all there is to it? I've played D1/D2 and have finished and enjoyed those multiple times but what made those games stand out and acquired a cult following seems to have been lost in D3. I'm not even gonna mention the DC's and server stuff because those are fixable, in fairness to Blizzard. Upon playing this game a lot because of it's "fundamentally" fun gameplay, and I use the term loosely, I can't help myself in the back of my mind feeling cheated. It seems that this "Always-Online" thing is forced upon the consumer to make sure that their asses are covered for delivering an unpolished product. Think of it as ordering delivery for a pizza. They send it to your house, without most of the toppings and the delivery guy occasionally puts toppings on it as you notice it while eating. Terrible.

They also mentioned the online setting is to promote coop and to fight gold-sellers and outside seeling from third-party sites and what-not. But they have a real currency auction house for Christ-sakes, they want you to spend your money on them, not on some god-forbidden site where they have no share from the earnings.

The way the loot is spread and supposedly "randomized", somehow I felt cheated. I have 3 level 60 characters and you don't get what you need, ever. You get crap or what other classes need. Hence me making 3 Chars. Seriously, the AH has been my friend and I couldn't have survived without it. How will I have gold? Yes, grinding. Now, I don't mind grinding but when you're digging through the ground with a teaspoon to find an ever so slightly bigger teaspoon to dig with, well you get the picture. They got you playing for a long time and almost always never getting a feeling of satisfaction.

Maybe I'm a noob, maybe you're the greatest player in D3, but one thing is clear. D3 is made with business in mind. They don't care really care about you, all they care is you clocking a million hours doing the same things so they can get more of your money. From the bottom of my best judgment and honesty, I give this game a measly 1/10 for its entirety. After all, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Nuff' said. Thanks for reading. HTH.
  44. Jun 17, 2012
    After 160 hours of game time i can clearly say that this game was made to maximise profit(auction house, real money auction house, poor class and item balance) and not the players enjoyment. So i am 160 hours into the game. I spend 130 hours(inferno-act 2 clear) on my barbarian, 20 hours(lv 30) on my wizard and 20 hours(lv 30) on my witchdoctor. All i have to say this game is a bigAfter 160 hours of game time i can clearly say that this game was made to maximise profit(auction house, real money auction house, poor class and item balance) and not the players enjoyment. So i am 160 hours into the game. I spend 130 hours(inferno-act 2 clear) on my barbarian, 20 hours(lv 30) on my wizard and 20 hours(lv 30) on my witchdoctor. All i have to say this game is a big disappointment. If you play melee (barb or monk) you have to play tank to play progressive. Who really wants to play tank especially in sigleplayer! Within those 130 hours i could have cleared act 2 with two ranged classes (wizard, witchdoctor, demonhunter). Demonhunter is the most overpowered class ever existed in a game! Virtually every progamer trying to make money with this game plays a demonhunter! Gamebalance is really bad! Auction house and real money auction house totally take the fun out of this game! Every player has 90% of his items bought via the auction house! The whole game system is just bad! Nearly all legendaries and set items are worthless. This takes a lot of fun and motivation out of this game! After 160 hours of game time i can clearly say that this game was made to maximise profit(auction house, real money auction house, poor class and item balance) and not the players enjoyment. Expand
  45. Jun 19, 2012
    Not much more than a slot machine.

Not much more than a slot machine.

Note. In games, I always play single player campaigns. Rarely play online multiplayer (never played WoW or any other mmo). Up till now really rated Blizzard. I finished the game with all class (although normal difficulty) and uninstalled the game after reaching level 60 with a monk class and 25-30 with all other (I don't know why I kept going really, I really wanted the game to be fun, I guess I didn't want to feel like I threw $80 away - probably the same reason I am writing this)

-Gameplay -
    Poor balance, starts too easy on normal, then hell champs are unbeatable without buying your way through.
    Loot is clearly scripted to be below your level or for a different class, most drops are useless (hatred on sword...), I refuse to go on the online auction to buy items when I want to play solo however the game force you to do that. In that case there is no way to progress other than abusing the AI, avoiding combat or restarting the game to generate easier champs.
    There is no real skill involved in beating enemies, point and click really (that or die, restart, die when the enemy champs combo you without any way to react -e.g. paralyse + insta kill area spell)
    Poor dungeons layout, no sense of exploring, spend most of the time backtracking (items that increase your speed are a must) with little else happening.
    The first two chapters are long enough and don't feel as linear, has some interaction with the environment (only chapter 1 really), however you will notice a big drop in quality for the last 2. I hated doing the 3rd one -feels like a really long corridor toward chapter 4 - and the last chapter although having nice visuals is really too short compared to the others. I am amazed that the story is so short and linear for a games that's been in dev for so long. It's not as if blizz had to start from scratch.
    Characters are quite different although one quickly realise their skills are fairly pointless at higher level. And Bliz nerfed a couple of abilities that were used too much apparently (some might call it balancing to me it' killing some of the fun aspect to make it blend. If I want to run set a set of skills I will even if they are not as powerfull as other combo, it's up to me to decide but then again the problem is with the online balance. As shame really in other rpg games it would be up to me to decide if I wanted to change my gaming experience by applying a balance patch or not.

-Story-
    Nothing special but nothing too bad there. Very linear and so predictable, not great fantasy there but I guess the story in this game is secondary, a shame you have to go through it again every time you restart the game at higher level of difficulty (i.e. no random levels to explore) -Re playability -
    Nothing here, no random dungeons (clearly the same map with a chance of bringing 2/3 scripted events (i.e. small cellar, merchant) from a pool of ~10), I played the same story with all characters, brought the monk to 60 the games hoping it would get better however it got boring after the 2nd replay
    Adding to that random server maintenance (it took an afternoon off work to play and got very frustrating not being able to play a solo game).

- Other -
    Too many hacked account doesn't inspire confidence in Blizzard. for one I see this as a solo game. Blizz has created the security issue by going online and clearly has poor server problems. The game is clearly designed around the auction house instead of what happens ingame.
  46. Jun 26, 2012
    If you want +ITEMS +BUILDS, +CUSTOMIZATION, +FREEDOM, +NON-LINEAR GAME PLAY .....AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....if you want to sink in hours upon hours into your character and slowly progress to becoming GODLIKE, you won't be able to do it in this game. 1. Because they will RETROACTIVELY NERF the **** out of your gear. 2. You cannot actually find any gear yourself, you grind for gold.If you want +ITEMS +BUILDS, +CUSTOMIZATION, +FREEDOM, +NON-LINEAR GAME PLAY .....AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....if you want to sink in hours upon hours into your character and slowly progress to becoming GODLIKE, you won't be able to do it in this game. 1. Because they will RETROACTIVELY NERF the **** out of your gear. 2. You cannot actually find any gear yourself, you grind for gold.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Take a moment to let that sink in. THEY RETROACTIVELY NERF GEAR YOU ALREADY HAVE!! This is **** Why play the **** game? They have no qualms about **** MILLIONS of players in the ass....by nerfing the gear they already found or worse.....bought for real money. This game is tedium, not fun. You grind for gold, and buy items that others found. A limited amount of trading is healthy and fun. This game is 99% gold grind, and you will NEVER find items that you can actually use.
  47. Jun 28, 2012
    This game might have been good 12 years ago. The gameplay is extremely outdated, there is very little content, and everything is designed to get you to spend money on the real money auction house. Steer clear of this stinker.
  48. Jul 10, 2012
    Very Bad Story
    Capitalism RMAH/GoldAH
    Skillsystem? I cant find them
    Bugs,Bugs, BUGS!
    Cloud Gaming (Blizzard can patch from server without Real Patch)
    Dropsystem,Itemsystem: So bad design

I give 0 in 10 points and say this game is the biggest disappointment in videogame history.
  49. Jul 13, 2012
    This is a good game, but greed has prevented it from being what it could have been. The game delivers in most ways - the classes are diverse and unique, the skillsets are well thought out and it definitely helps to have a wide variety of classes during multiplayer, the graphics are dark and luscious with a hint of the marked blizzard cartoony flair - it is very true to the original DiabloThis is a good game, but greed has prevented it from being what it could have been. The game delivers in most ways - the classes are diverse and unique, the skillsets are well thought out and it definitely helps to have a wide variety of classes during multiplayer, the graphics are dark and luscious with a hint of the marked blizzard cartoony flair - it is very true to the original Diablo style. But, the auction house, and the measures Blizzard takes to make it necessary to use it if you are playing on anything harder than Normal, makes this game very frustrating. For one, the droprate is outrageous. After about 50 hours of farming this month, I have found about 1 item that is useful to my character and 1 more that is actually of any value. With drops like these, it is nothing short of impossible to play this game without friends or without spending north of 500 dollars on gear. The actual transactions themselves are rigged to line Blizzards pockets - every transaction has a very significant fee, and if you are not careful to redeem the money immediately to your PayPal, Blizzard has hold of the money forever. The constant online feature is less to curb piracy [although it has done this quite well], but more to make a paying model out of an essentially single player game, so that Blizzard has a fallback once World of Warcraft starts losing momentum, as is already happening. All in all, if you haven't started playing this game, then I most definitely recommend you stay away, or you will end up either wasting lots of money or lots of time or both, and be completely dissatisfied once the dust cloud settles. Expand
  50. Jul 15, 2012
    How can anybody give a game a 0/10? I can understand a 1/10 if you hate the game and it is annoying, but a ZERO?!?!? To many, that means it's not a game at all. And my friends, that is exactly what I intend you to hear. Diablo 1 was revolutionary! Diablo 2 was great! What happened?
    Well, shortly before development of this game began, Activision took over Blizzard and a man named Mr. Kotick appeared. Now, anybody who remembers Blizzard remembers that their slogans were "Done when it's ready/SOON" and "By gamers, for gamers." When Kotick took over, they changed their company motto to "A culture of thrift" (Google it), and killed off the real Blizzard.
    So now, we have a "game" that requires internet in all modes, including single player? No big deal! Except, you can't play the game on camping trips, airplanes, business breaks, or anywhere where you can't connect. But, it will get worse when Blizzard eventually decides to discontinue their servers, which they can do at any time and for any reason. So, if you are thinking about buying the game, you had better buy it before they pull the plug. It's not a matter of "if", but WHEN!
    So, why would they do this? They say it was to prevent hacking, but not one hacker I've met has been able to hack a system in offline mode, while several have been able to hack Diablo 3. They say it prevents piracy, but the game has been ripped as well, so that doesn't fly. The real reason that this single player game is not playable offline is because of their Real Money Trading Auction House(RMT.)

So now, Blizzard has implemented the RMT, what does this mean? Well, for them it means money and money and money. They are constantly patching the game in ways to make it harder, thus forcing people to need the RMT items. Every class in the game has been nerfed in short order. Smashing items now increases repair cost, forcing you to buy gold from RMT. The endgame gets so hard in Act III that players who were invincible on the previous act have to revamp their entire character, thus forcing you towards the RMT.
    Diablo 3 is not a game at all. Diablo 3 is Blizzard's boiling frog experiment. You know, where you can boil a frog inside a pot, and the frog doesn't jump out if you raise the temperature slowly enough? If they increase the buying temperature of the endgame by one degree at a time, can they boil you before you notice? I don't know man, but a fool and his money are easily parted. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!
  51. Jul 16, 2012
    I have bought the game together with 2 friends. We have been playing Diablo 2 for years and been waiting for this title ever since.
    I find it to be a boring grind (no different character builds, since every character of the same class gets the same skills; no WEAPON difference, since the weapons differ ONLY IN ANIMATION, not in play mechanics) - there is simply no variety, nothing to look forward, only a monotonic clickfest.

The game also sucks from a technological standpoint - the server connection STILL drops every few hours, months after the launch, and Diablo 3 was stuttering on a computer that ran Mass Effect 3 perfectly in full HD.

And even this is not enough - one of my buddies was informed in a rude e-mail that he was suspected cheating and is now banned. The accusation is false, and what's even worse, there was not even a politely worded warning.

Bottom line - this is no longer the Blizzard that made StarCraft and Diablo 2. This game is not worth your 60 bucks and your time. Find another publisher who makes quality games and does not lace them with obnoxious DRM. Stay away from this title.
  52. Jul 16, 2012
    The game has good content for early levels, slick graphics, but a very unsatisfying grind. An essential part of the Diablo franchise is itemization: the idea that finding and identifying loot is fun and exciting. This is not the case here. Loot quality and drop rates were significantly lowered in an attempt to curb its in-game economy. The result is incredibly repetitive gameplay asThe game has good content for early levels, slick graphics, but a very unsatisfying grind. An essential part of the Diablo franchise is itemization: the idea that finding and identifying loot is fun and exciting. This is not the case here. Loot quality and drop rates were significantly lowered in an attempt to curb its in-game economy. The result is incredibly repetitive gameplay as you re-run the same acts over and over for the minuscule chance to upgrade a single piece of gear.

Blizzard's attempts to appeal to a more casual gaming fanbase has resulted in much "dumbing down" compared to Diablo II. Skill points are now automatically allocated for you, and although there are seemingly multiple skill builds you can try out, the nature of the endgame forces most players to follow one or two builds in order to survive and progress.

Fighting enemies and clearing mobs is more dependent on the quality of your items rather than skills such as maneuvering or spell usage. Certain mobs contain random affixes that grant them special abilities; while this is an interesting concept there are certain combinations of affixes that are insurmountable, requiring numerous deaths to overcome, or restarting the game. You'll often come across monsters with strange hitboxes, able to kill you from 10 feet away even though you fled in the nick of time. The game also punishes dying, having quadrupled repair costs in one of the patches; a game should not dictate your style of play, nor should it punish you for being adventurous in exploring and combat. Bosses are more interesting, but come with an "enrage timer", essentially a countdown to doom should you not kill them fast enough. Why should you be told how to play?

Items are boring and lend to boring build diversity. The important stats are your primary, vitality, all resistance, life on hit, and critical damage. Stacking lesser stats will only get you hinder your progression as you'll probably fail to make a dent in any late-game monster. Legendary and unique set items are the rarest to obtain, and are mostly crap; the majority of them have inferior stats compared to magic and rare items; Blizzard has already acknowledged their **** and promises to buff them "Soon".

The game pushes you to use the Auction House (both Gold and Real Money). As a solution to Diablo II's lack of a formal trading system, the AH provides a quick way to upgrade items without having to spend time fighting hordes of monsters. Unfortunately numerous gold farmers, AH bots, and rampant item flippers (people who buy low, sell high) have caused the in-game economy to go wack, making top-tiered item prices exorbitantly high, and mediocre-to-good items unprofitable/unsellable due to high supply and low demand. On top of that, Blizzard takes a 15% cut on every transaction, and a $1 cut on top of that for Real Money transactions.

The game is meant to be played CO-OP, but many issues discourage doing so. Magic find is a vital stat that gets split among party members, punishing you for having good gear while teaming up with those who don't. Monster HPs and damage are increased by fixed percentages when you play with others; either everyone carries their own weight or you'll all suffer in combat. What happens here is friends will join your game, sometimes slightly underleveled/undergeared, and cause all sorts of headaches for your entire party because of the increased difficulty. After having this happen repeatedly you'll not only want to play by yourself (you have a personal follower when playing solo), and you'll shun friends by telling them to get better at the game before playing with you. Neither is conducive to good CO-OP gameplay.

Gameplay aside, the storyline is passable. After one playthrough there's no reason to rewatch the cinematics or click through all the forced dialogue.

The final nail in the coffin is Blizzard's utter lack of respect for its community and fanbase. A glimpse at the official D3 forums (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/) will show the numerous threads of players quitting, complaining about the game's difficulty/economy/itemization, and whatnot. You can take this with a grain of salt, but the amount of negativity and outcry surely hints at how terrible this game is. Threads are constantly censored and deleted without notice; well thought out posts giving constructive criticism are mostly ignored. Instead, mods will respond instantaneously to those having issues depositing $ into their Bnet account (and delete your thread should you try pointing this out).

This is the most infuriating game I've played in a long time; Blizzard has tarnished their reputation with this ill-conceived, ill-tested piece of **** Jay Wilson and his greedy team deserve to rot in hell for destroying such a storied franchise. Don't waste your money here.
  53. Jul 16, 2012
    Massive dissapointment, the game is plauged with bugs, constant server issues,huge amount of exploits.
    The story was a let down. I could not spam spacebar fast enough to skip most of the horrific dialogue.
    This game, and I hesitate to even call it that does not deserve the name Diablo. Blizzard used to make some amazing games that inspired loyalty but now seeing this fiasco released has
    Blizzard used to make some amazing games that inspired loyalty but now seeing this fiasco released has shown that squeezing every cent from the player at all cost is all that matters.
  54. Jul 17, 2012
    I could write a 10 page critique about how bad this game is and why it is aweful, but then you would just be reading the same points you have already read about 100 times from other peoples reviews. Its simple, look at the user score and then look at the critcs score, I have never seen such a huge discrepency in my life. Makes you wonder if Blizzard has paid off critics to give a score ofI could write a 10 page critique about how bad this game is and why it is aweful, but then you would just be reading the same points you have already read about 100 times from other peoples reviews. Its simple, look at the user score and then look at the critcs score, I have never seen such a huge discrepency in my life. Makes you wonder if Blizzard has paid off critics to give a score of 88!! (ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME). Please take in concideration that my review is coming from a person who played countless hours of diablo 1 and 2. Diablo 2 being probably the most addictive game i have ever played. This game would of been great 20 years ago competing against other nintendo games like Dragon Warrior. Expand
  55. Jul 18, 2012
    I've given this game a good month to review since purchasing it. Back then it had all the normal launch date problems so I excused it and was looking forward to an awesome new installment to the Diablo series.
    The combat is simple, always good in a hack n slash game. Not in the "easy to learn, difficult to master" way that perfect games achieve, but it does its job. People have spoken ill of graphics but I pretty much liked the style they went for. I can run it on a multitude of systems, laptops and desktops included. The nail in the coffin for this otherwise fun game is the forced single player online requirement put in by Blizzard that is yet another example of a developer trying to curb pirates by shooting their customer's feet several times. I have yet to play a 30+ minute session without the connection dropping or losing connection with the Blizzard servers. I rarely play with friends, so this is especially off putting.
    I would say Fable is not quite as good as Diablo 3, but it's just as much if not more fun and the developer/publisher of the game isn't outright hostile to those of us who paid for the game precisely so we wouldn't have to put up with garbage user experience such as this.
    I'm never buying another Blizzard game ever. Ever. There is no excuse for Diablo 3 and there's no way I'm ever going to support publishers that do this to us.
  56. Jul 19, 2012
    They totally destroyed the diablo franchise!! I was so hyped and really gave it a go... Was waiting for patches to fix the game, but it only got worse.. Especially when RMAH was introduced- pay to win.. No way!! My friend list was booming with people playing the first weeks, now nobody out of the about 20-25 ppl play it! Stop making games so kid friendly! Wish I could give you lower than a 0!
  57. Jul 19, 2012
    It started off ok. Ok ish graphics, quite fun. Like the old one but modern. Then it started to go wrong. It is such a short game. REALLY short. SO I completed it, then the next level, then the next level. SO far I played the game through three times. And my reward is to play an ultra hard level. But it's so hard you need awesome equipment that you can only get by grinding. The game is aIt started off ok. Ok ish graphics, quite fun. Like the old one but modern. Then it started to go wrong. It is such a short game. REALLY short. SO I completed it, then the next level, then the next level. SO far I played the game through three times. And my reward is to play an ultra hard level. But it's so hard you need awesome equipment that you can only get by grinding. The game is a mega grindathon. And lets be honest, grinding is boring. You need better gear, so you grind to get it to allow you to grind faster which allows you to get a better item so you grinding further improves. There really isn't a place for a short game with no end in the world. We don't need it. I finally turned it off and went back to WoW. Expand
  58. Jul 21, 2012
    After waiting over a decade for this game I could not of been more disappointed. The story is short, the grinding is long, viable builds are nerfed as quickly as people find them, you have to buy your high level gear in the Real Money Auction House, and gold/item farmers run the Auction Houses. It's a money grab by blizzard, and just a travesty of a game.
  59. Jul 22, 2012
    I'll sum Diablo 3 up in a single word. Disappointing. After more than 10 years you'd think they'd be able to come up with something that doesn't feel like Diablo 2.5, if that. Game play is lackluster, graphics have lots of shiny features, story is boring. Don't get me started on the always on-line requirement.

Save your money, pick up a copy of Diablo 2, and have fun. This game isn't.
  60. Jul 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game that deserves a solid ZERO. People might say "you're stupid if you're going to rate like that" and stuff, but Blizzard worked hard for this zero. Simply put, the game is the biggest money grab that ever existed. Unless you open your wallet and spend some dolla on the Real Money Auction House (in which Blizzard charges a 15% fee), the game is very unrewarding and,Diablo 3 is a game that deserves a solid ZERO. People might say "you're stupid if you're going to rate like that" and stuff, but Blizzard worked hard for this zero. Simply put, the game is the biggest money grab that ever existed. Unless you open your wallet and spend some dolla on the Real Money Auction House (in which Blizzard charges a 15% fee), the game is very unrewarding and, consequently, annoying. Furthermore, it's been 2 months since the release of the game and players still have to face unsolved bugs and gameplay issues that prevents the game from being fun. However, when something happens to the Auction House, Blizzard seems to take immediate action.
    So, the problem is not only the dumbed down skill system, the awful story, the cheesy dialogs, the 2006 graphics, the WoW-like gameplay, the horrible loot, the Auction House' centered economy, the lack of world randomization, the always online DRM, the server maintenance, no PvP, no end game, etc.: incompetence and neglect from Blizzard also play a big role in this failure called Diablo 3.
  61. Aug 5, 2012
    Diablo 3 launch was a complete failure. The game lags even on good PC, i7-860 with GTX 670 and 8 GBs DDR3 2000 MHZ. The game is dull and very boring. Now I know why a lot of the original developers have been leaving Blizzard. Blizzard no longer provides quality products it once did! This is the crappiest game in the whole series even Diablo 1 is a million times better than this Garbage!Diablo 3 launch was a complete failure. The game lags even on good PC, i7-860 with GTX 670 and 8 GBs DDR3 2000 MHZ. The game is dull and very boring. Now I know why a lot of the original developers have been leaving Blizzard. Blizzard no longer provides quality products it once did! This is the crappiest game in the whole series even Diablo 1 is a million times better than this Garbage! One word to describe Diablo 3 would be Boring! Not only that this game lags a lot and always online DRM does not make anything better. People still cheat, hack and steal! Dear Blizzard close your doors you are done as a developer! I hate Diablo 3 it just pisses me off on so many level. I just gave up on this crappy game and Blizzard! The fun factor of this game is zero so it gets a 0 out of 10 from me. Because I would never play this crap ever again! Expand
  62. Dec 7, 2012
    This game of depression is repetitive, the drops are based on the AH, do not recommend to buy, many players are left the game because of Blazzard not support, latency / ping is horrible, have certain hours that is unplayable.

Summarizing all that and then some, GARBAGE.
  63. Dec 5, 2012
    It is a shame to dislike something which was created with so much effort, but what can i do? D3 tries so hard to be epic, fun, addictive and serve an audience of new and old fans. But it just fails on everything it attempts - just like a drunken person! It is simply not fun to click through enemies and check the loot later. Simply put: the urge to hack and slash a little bit more is notIt is a shame to dislike something which was created with so much effort, but what can i do? D3 tries so hard to be epic, fun, addictive and serve an audience of new and old fans. But it just fails on everything it attempts - just like a drunken person! It is simply not fun to click through enemies and check the loot later. Simply put: the urge to hack and slash a little bit more is not there. Even the gore is inadequate and unsatisfying. Oh, about the storyline! Awful! Just horrible. Worst script ever. It is actually so bad that it does not even count as funny. It is a shame they wasted so much effort on cinematics with story this bad. If the player has to ask herself "why I am doing this?", something is seriously wrong. Perhaps it is a matter or taste, but I had so much more fun with Dragon Age 2. Expand
  64. May 15, 2012
    If you want an immersive ARPG, you've come to the wrong place. The design for this game doesn't lead to much. Artistic design, plot, game design, everything seems to be under par. Its impressive how they managed to through down the drain all that money, when an indie studio creates Path of Exile, a free to play ARPG. Go try it, and you will feel what immersion really is.

click the Ok

click the Ok button in the popup window "The game has ended"
  65. May 15, 2012
    I spent $100 on this game to play through alone and have a little fun. I trusted blizzard with my money and that's something I'll never do again. It is clear that Acti/Blizzard only care about one thing, protecting their product from pirates. They could care less about how much the DRM harms their community. If your game is actually worth $60, why are you protecting it from so many peopleI spent $100 on this game to play through alone and have a little fun. I trusted blizzard with my money and that's something I'll never do again. It is clear that Acti/Blizzard only care about one thing, protecting their product from pirates. They could care less about how much the DRM harms their community. If your game is actually worth $60, why are you protecting it from so many people who think it's not? Expand
  66. May 15, 2012
    There's no excuse to buy a game for more than usual and be unable to play even the single player campaign due to terrible DRM design decisions. One of the most highly anticipated games ever and we have to put up with this? What's the point of having a release date if you can't play it on that day? There are companies that release good games that you can actually play when you get themThere's no excuse to buy a game for more than usual and be unable to play even the single player campaign due to terrible DRM design decisions. One of the most highly anticipated games ever and we have to put up with this? What's the point of having a release date if you can't play it on that day? There are companies that release good games that you can actually play when you get them so this is not par for the course, it's unacceptable for a company that has more money than god. Expand
  67. May 15, 2012
    I was truely looking forward to this game but sadly due to the unstable servers and login errors it cant be enjoyed the way it should! and the lack that you cant customize youre own character makes me ver dissapointed
  68. May 15, 2012
    So im 7 hours into the game, and its not as good as everyone said. The story is pretty terrible (ok, its a loot game, so story is not THAT important), but what really bothers me is the graphics and the Sound. i have a pretty good PC and play on High settings. But come on! Have you ever saw Battlefield or even games like Anno (same perspective)? The worst thing is the cartoon style of theSo im 7 hours into the game, and its not as good as everyone said. The story is pretty terrible (ok, its a loot game, so story is not THAT important), but what really bothers me is the graphics and the Sound. i have a pretty good PC and play on High settings. But come on! Have you ever saw Battlefield or even games like Anno (same perspective)? The worst thing is the cartoon style of the game, thats not dark and creepy like Diablo 2, its some kind of WoW colorful rainbow game. But the real Killer is the "always play online" DRM. im a single player gamer, i will never buy or sold any items, so why cant i just play offline? if thats the future of gaming, i will play NES again! Expand
  69. May 15, 2012
    It is all about choices. Blizzard chose poorly: No offline mode, no staggered release, poorly updated customer service, and servers incapable of the capacity even on a Tuesday morning. Anytime I buy a game that I cannot play they get a zero, I will re-evaluate when I can play but this is your score for now Blizzard and you're decisions are why this review will get averaged in with the realIt is all about choices. Blizzard chose poorly: No offline mode, no staggered release, poorly updated customer service, and servers incapable of the capacity even on a Tuesday morning. Anytime I buy a game that I cannot play they get a zero, I will re-evaluate when I can play but this is your score for now Blizzard and you're decisions are why this review will get averaged in with the real review once the game actually releases. Poor choices Blizzard, very poor Expand
  70. May 15, 2012
    Seriously, can I get my money back? Why would it be acceptable to charge $60 for essentially an unusable product? I was able to get in for a little bit, and based on that experience, even if I could log in, I would still want to try to get my money back. No skill point assignments, total handholding, a game that nowhere resembles the greatness of D1 and DII - Back to my originalSeriously, can I get my money back? Why would it be acceptable to charge $60 for essentially an unusable product? I was able to get in for a little bit, and based on that experience, even if I could log in, I would still want to try to get my money back. No skill point assignments, total handholding, a game that nowhere resembles the greatness of D1 and DII - Back to my original question, can someone at Blizzard please contact me about getting my refund? Expand
  71. May 15, 2012
    Just.. just awful. Been a Diablo fan since '97, and this game couldn't have gone any more out of it's way to take what was a decent backstory and lore and make it the worst **** ever.
    10 years development time, supposedly years of polish when the game was 'finished', and it still not only looks terrible even in comparison to Diablo 2, but there is just no content. Nightmare, hell and inferno don't add new content, just ramp the difficulty of the same content up, so when normal can be finished in 2 hours 3 minutes by a group of 3 guys with no prior knowledge of the game and no cheating, for a 10 year development cycle? That's **** abysmal.
    Metzen has sold the same story 3 times over and people still buy it. If you want the industry to actually change and stop releasing ****ty games to cash in on every series that you once loved - don't buy this. The more you buy it the more they'll destroy every series known to man with ****ty cash in, no content games because they can get away with it.
    That's not even getting into how stupid and manipulative the RMAH is.
  72. May 15, 2012
    Graphics are ok story is ok, but seriously taking your gamers like idiot and removing skills and statistics is a huge insult... And DRM sucks and only annoy legitimate gamers... I want my offline/lan game
  73. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard failed with D3. WIth the money they are raking in on this and other games, it's criminal that they don't put enough into the infrastructure of their servers to ensure a fun, consistent gaming experience. This game should have never required an internet connection in the first place, and the only thing Blizzard did well was showcase their greed with the decisions they made. D3Blizzard failed with D3. WIth the money they are raking in on this and other games, it's criminal that they don't put enough into the infrastructure of their servers to ensure a fun, consistent gaming experience. This game should have never required an internet connection in the first place, and the only thing Blizzard did well was showcase their greed with the decisions they made. D3 is too short, not varied enough, and the graphics are abysmal for a game released in 2012. Expand
  74. May 15, 2012
    I think I know why they didn't want to allow people to play single player without connecting to their servers. They must have been afraid no one would want to buy it if they tried it out first. The new style of the game is crap, the awesome dark mood of diablo 2 has been done away with and replaced by wow graphics and artistic style. People complained about this very often on blizzardI think I know why they didn't want to allow people to play single player without connecting to their servers. They must have been afraid no one would want to buy it if they tried it out first. The new style of the game is crap, the awesome dark mood of diablo 2 has been done away with and replaced by wow graphics and artistic style. People complained about this very often on blizzard forums, especially after trying the beta. Many suggestions were made on how to improve the game but went by ignored by the developers. They also went through and removed as much choice from the game as possible. Sure there were problems in the previous iterations of the game but the new developers did not handle them correctly. Expand
  75. May 15, 2012
    Although the game may have potential I like many cannot judge because it is broken and unusable. I have owned this, like many other honest gamers who have parted with their money, for a day now and I still cannot access. Nothing else but a zero is possible. Very sad.
  76. May 15, 2012
    Prepaid for D3. Downloaded in advance. Very disappointed. At best D3 will occupy a few hours of my time until Guild Wars 2 is released (hopefully June 26). D3 continually freezes, but ONLY with a LogiTech USB mouse plugged in, at least on my computer. Very strange, because a USB mouse is about the simplest device in the world. (Yes, my drivers are up-to-date.) Blizzard lied about having aPrepaid for D3. Downloaded in advance. Very disappointed. At best D3 will occupy a few hours of my time until Guild Wars 2 is released (hopefully June 26). D3 continually freezes, but ONLY with a LogiTech USB mouse plugged in, at least on my computer. Very strange, because a USB mouse is about the simplest device in the world. (Yes, my drivers are up-to-date.) Blizzard lied about having a "real money" auction house. As of now that's vaporware. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. The game itself is generic. For those that don't know... There is no "character creation". Essentially this game is a elaborate random item generator that plays on the gambling instinct. The entire game is focussed on "drops". That's it. The "story", such that it is, actually slows down the only fun thing about this game: the item drops. There is no sense of connection to the your character. Every level is essentially an elaborate 'tube' that you have to walk through and survive. The other reviews that say that D3 is an unworthy sequel to D2 are 100% correct. The only decent thing about D3 is Matt Uelmen's soundtrack. The only reason I don't feel completely robbed out of $60 is that Matt is going to get a little piece of that. D and D2 were great because they were 'original', in the sense that it had a very unique and special feel. But D3 doesn't break any new ground, and it doesn't have the charm of D2. D3 is a lot like the latest Van Halen album. Tattoo is an old tired Van Halen trying to sound like they used to, and failing for subtle yet embarrassing reasons. Likewise, Blizzard is a tired old video game company, and D3 fails for similarly subtle and embarrassing reasons. In three months ArenaNet is going to own the world and D3 is going to be a footnote in the history of bad product launches. I'm giving D3 a score of 3, two points of which are awarded to Matt Uelmen for the music. Quite frankly, if I'd known a month ago what I know today, I would have simply purchased the D3 soundtrack CD and continued playing online poker until Guild Wars 2 goes live. D3 will be my last ever purchase from Blizzard. Today Curt Schilling's video game company went gone belly up in Rhode Island. I can only wish the same fate for Blizzard. Expand
  77. May 15, 2012
    For me having to play it online all the time is a game breaker, have to fight with constant lag due to high quantities of ppl playing or trying to play the game to the point some spikes make the game crash. Art is ok but no near gives the feel of old diablo games and music and sound are close but not near the same atmosphere. In general the only thing i have liked so far is the voiceFor me having to play it online all the time is a game breaker, have to fight with constant lag due to high quantities of ppl playing or trying to play the game to the point some spikes make the game crash. Art is ok but no near gives the feel of old diablo games and music and sound are close but not near the same atmosphere. In general the only thing i have liked so far is the voice acting and the fact that i was finally able to log in I hope they remove or add an offline function or i will have to stop playing since i cant handle the lag. Expand
  78. May 15, 2012
    Being excited for another chapter in the Diablo world many people jumped at the chance to play this game. Only downside is that blizzard did not seem to consider this when it came to testing their game and working the bugs out that could potentially cripple their launch. As it stands D3 launch is a big failure on the part of a major game company. The need for constant DRM is the source ofBeing excited for another chapter in the Diablo world many people jumped at the chance to play this game. Only downside is that blizzard did not seem to consider this when it came to testing their game and working the bugs out that could potentially cripple their launch. As it stands D3 launch is a big failure on the part of a major game company. The need for constant DRM is the source of this downfall, why there is no offline mode is still not fully known past speculations but at this point it is crippling what has the potential to be a solid game. Sure the problems will more then likely be fixed in a couple of hours or days even but this is all stuff that should have been sorted through with more extensive beta testings. I'm a fan of diablo have been since the original but at this moment a dark mark has been left on Blizzards other wise pristine cover and will come into consideration when I look to pick up future Blizzard games. Expand
  79. May 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The leveling of characters through 60 in normal, nightmare, and hell modes is quite enjoyable, which is enough to keep players occupied for many hours. Unfortunately this game falls short in the end game, story, itemization, and lack of offline play.

The story itself is uninspired with terrible dialogue. Anyone who was a fan of the previous games will literally cringe at the death of Deckard Cain, who is killed by a character attempting to get him to reconstruct a magic sword for her master. How exactly was he going to do that while dead? Why does she leave without the broken sword allowing him to reconstruct the sword? Why did this scene only warrant terrible dialogue and no real cut scene? Why does she abduct Tyraal instead of Cain? It makes no sense, and like the rest of the plot, reads like it was written by a 12 year old. Inferno mode is tedious and not fun. It consists of massive damage boosts to all mobs resulting in 1 shots to most characters attempting to enter it. Act 1 is playable because the zombies which dominate the act are slow moving, but upon entering act 2 be prepared for constant and unavoidable deaths no matter how well you play unless you spend tons of time farming or pay to win in the new real money Auction House, which allows players to turn an already paid for game into a micro transaction game. This feels like a way to milk the players for cash after they already spent 60 dollars on a retail product.

The statistics for your character are poorly explained in the interface, and some of them are not even accurately displaying what occurs in the tooltip, resulting in players gearing the wrong stat. Along with the poor explanations of statistics the itemization for legendary and set items is so terrible that most players choose common blue drops for weapons instead of legendaries. It makes the attempt to acquire gear feel boring and stale because the most rare drops are not even close to the most powerful. Players should not have the best chance of finding good gear when they look through their bags and read all of the stats on their found items, they should be excited as soon as they see the color of the very rare drops on their screen.

One last problem is the lack of an offline mode. This game could easily be played as a single player game and the previous Diablo games from 12-16 years ago allowed players to still experience the game without their internet connection being active. This removal of a key feature is obviously done in an attempt to prevent piracy, but is done so at the expense of their own paying customers.

If you want a good hack and slash leveling experience and to try out the customization of all 5 character classes then you'll have fun with this game, but in its current state the vast majority of players will not want to play this game for more than a few months once they've had their fill of the overly punishing and more importantly tedious end game.

Enjoyable leveling and character customization but poorly designed end game, bland and poorly executed story, incorrect itemization choices and explanation of statistics, and the removal of offline play hold this game back from being anything but just another fun but flawed game. This should not have been the case from a company as highly regarded as Blizzard.
  80. Dec 31, 2012
    This game just isn't good. I was hoping for the best, but I got the worst. They took casual to a whole new level. It took a good 3 hours to die my first time, whereas the previous Diablo games would truly challenge you killing you within 10 minutes if you're not good at it.
  81. May 15, 2012
    All nostalgia aside, compare the game to other rpg style games. For example Diablo 3 graphics are about the equivalent of the first never winter nights game, now some of you more sensible people will probably agree that graphics do not make a good game. However a game less focused on aesthetics usually offer something more substantial, something that will draw you in and keep you hooked.All nostalgia aside, compare the game to other rpg style games. For example Diablo 3 graphics are about the equivalent of the first never winter nights game, now some of you more sensible people will probably agree that graphics do not make a good game. However a game less focused on aesthetics usually offer something more substantial, something that will draw you in and keep you hooked. Perhaps it might be as simple as a bit of customisation with skills and appearance, perhaps some creative dialog or maybe a few characters with depth in which you actually care in the out come of their story. At the end of the day you are playing an 'rpg', you are supposed to in some way immerse yourself in the life of the character you create and after playing Diablo 3 I whole heartedly believe that the game is way to shallow to allow this. Expand
  82. May 15, 2012
    No offline mode, even for single player. Their servers are down? Oh well, you don't get to play the game you shelled out $60 for. Deal with it, they already have your money, suckers. Think this money will go towards improving their infrastructure and making the servers for Diablo 3 more stable? Wrong. This money is going to line their pockets. Heck, some of it may even go towards theirNo offline mode, even for single player. Their servers are down? Oh well, you don't get to play the game you shelled out $60 for. Deal with it, they already have your money, suckers. Think this money will go towards improving their infrastructure and making the servers for Diablo 3 more stable? Wrong. This money is going to line their pockets. Heck, some of it may even go towards their next incremental franchise cash-grab; with which you will lovingly allow them to violate your wallet. The secret cow level is YOU. They are milking you all of your hard-earned cash. MOOOOOOO! Expand
  83. May 15, 2012
    Lag in a single player game - really terrible and unplayable if you are Oceanic or not in the USA with 180ms lag. Not to mention bad indicators of where the monster is on your screen vs where you can clearly see the spell hitting.

The error 37 and other network crap to get on are just icing on the cake of fail that this is.
  84. May 16, 2012
    I don't care about the server lag and maintence but to people who say those people are whiners it's not like we paid sixty bucks for this game ohhh yeah we did so yeah we may whine but at least we do it without blizzards dick in r mouth, there's this thing called Stockholm syndrome and I feel bad for u people's who obviously have it So on to the review no customization of cosmetic choicesI don't care about the server lag and maintence but to people who say those people are whiners it's not like we paid sixty bucks for this game ohhh yeah we did so yeah we may whine but at least we do it without blizzards dick in r mouth, there's this thing called Stockholm syndrome and I feel bad for u people's who obviously have it So on to the review no customization of cosmetic choices because u no black people, love pllaying as white people, This is bad but forgivable no stats or attributes okay so was this game designed for a 7 year old come on this is a f-ing point and click adventure now? also limited skills really because that's what every gamer wants, and not only that all people choose the same skills which will only get worse as people learn the best ones same goes for runes. On a sidenote this game from what I can tell does not have random loot as when my game crashed I reset and played through a dungeon again and found much of the same loot but this might be a bug. Also finished game on normal explored and did some side quests in about nine hours and a friend is already on hardcore end of act 2 hasn't died yet and unless he got skills over night means this game is too easy so yeah awesome bliz really sets the standards for how to not make a game Expand
  85. May 15, 2012
    The turned this into a weird WoW game. I was so excited for the hardcore D2 sequel we've been waiting years for, and they've gone the cash cow road with this game. Its a damn shame, Blizzard is capable of so much, but wasted it on this drivel.
  86. May 15, 2012
    This is the last title that I will ever purchase from this company. Terrible consumer UN-friendly piracy prevention mechanisms they've tried their best to dress up and try to convince us, their customers, that it's for our benefit. It's almost as if they're actively trying to drive their customer's away. The move to make this game an "exclusively online" title, had everything to do withThis is the last title that I will ever purchase from this company. Terrible consumer UN-friendly piracy prevention mechanisms they've tried their best to dress up and try to convince us, their customers, that it's for our benefit. It's almost as if they're actively trying to drive their customer's away. The move to make this game an "exclusively online" title, had everything to do with appeasing shareholders, and absolutely nothing to do with giving the consumers a product they might actually enjoy using. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a disgruntled Blizzard employee to leak the server database and code to some willing party that will come up with an offline workaround for this abortion. Expand
  87. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard made their bed with unusable DRM, and now they need to sleep in it. I wouldn't give any other company a pass if their game was completely unplayable on day one, so I shouldn't cut any slack for Blizzard, regardless of how much I *used* to love the company. Outside of the DRM issues, the game was mediocre during the beta, but I haven't been able to play it since launch, so I haveBlizzard made their bed with unusable DRM, and now they need to sleep in it. I wouldn't give any other company a pass if their game was completely unplayable on day one, so I shouldn't cut any slack for Blizzard, regardless of how much I *used* to love the company. Outside of the DRM issues, the game was mediocre during the beta, but I haven't been able to play it since launch, so I have no basis for raising my review of the finished product. Just writing this review makes me sad, but it is what it is. 1/10 Expand
  88. May 15, 2012
    I see so many reviews here that say, to the effect, "People that give Blizz a low score because they can't log in are dumbz!" Actually, you are the colossal idiot for being so short-sighted. Blizzard took a gamble on DRM because they wanted to sell as many copies of the game as possible. They're a business first, I get that, I'm a businessman myself. But to have this level of awful fromI see so many reviews here that say, to the effect, "People that give Blizz a low score because they can't log in are dumbz!" Actually, you are the colossal idiot for being so short-sighted. Blizzard took a gamble on DRM because they wanted to sell as many copies of the game as possible. They're a business first, I get that, I'm a businessman myself. But to have this level of awful from day one, when they've had so long to prepare for the onslaught of gamers that want to play their product, is shameful. If they consider this a failed experiment, move to give us offline play (how they did it in Starcraft 2 was perfectly acceptable), and change their stupid ways, then I will give this game the score (10) it deserves. Until then, shame on Blizz. Expand
  89. gtb
    May 15, 2012
    Diablo clone. Nothing new, nothing unique. You would think that with as many years as it has been since 2 came out, Blizz would have done something better. You would be wrong.

- Online-only is ridiculous. I haven't had the may problems that others have had but its still ridiculous. - Graphics are good, ran very smooth on my medium-level machine. - No problems with install though I understand others had issues. Overall: Just kind of meh.
  90. May 15, 2012
    This game is basically the first Diablo with the Diablo II characters a tad revamped, and the only real perk is you can choose your gender. Zippeedoodah. There is little new here. Am I alone in being sick and effin' tired of hearing Jennifer Hale's voice in every damn game? Also, the DRM for this game is completely ludicrous. It's basically "You play it when we want you to", andThis game is basically the first Diablo with the Diablo II characters a tad revamped, and the only real perk is you can choose your gender. Zippeedoodah. There is little new here. Am I alone in being sick and effin' tired of hearing Jennifer Hale's voice in every damn game? Also, the DRM for this game is completely ludicrous. It's basically "You play it when we want you to", and apparently they don't want you to - at least not very often. I'm sure they'll fix their servers eventually, but who's gonna care by then? Expand
  91. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a huge let down as it lacks the challenge its predecessors' had. The game is just to easy and the only challenge you are provided with is trying to login. I will never understand how Blizzard can sell 'x' amount of copies of a game, which would require 'x' amount of servers for, but only provide their clients with less than 'x' amount of servers. It boggles the mind. If theDiablo 3 is a huge let down as it lacks the challenge its predecessors' had. The game is just to easy and the only challenge you are provided with is trying to login. I will never understand how Blizzard can sell 'x' amount of copies of a game, which would require 'x' amount of servers for, but only provide their clients with less than 'x' amount of servers. It boggles the mind. If the game launch and the 23 hours (so far) following hadn't been plague with so much server down time I'm sure it would have been game of the year. But at this point I just can see that happening. Expand
  92. May 16, 2012
    When the first Diablo title was released it was new and groundbreaking, Diablo 2 added to the original with more classes more content and more customization through the skill tree system. Its Now been several years and many developers have made similar games, I had hoped with the long wait Blizzard had made some new additions to this iconic title or at the least made more modern updatesWhen the first Diablo title was released it was new and groundbreaking, Diablo 2 added to the original with more classes more content and more customization through the skill tree system. Its Now been several years and many developers have made similar games, I had hoped with the long wait Blizzard had made some new additions to this iconic title or at the least made more modern updates to the old formula to continue its legacy. Sadly Diablo 3 did not deliver, lets set aside the launch day problems, if that were the only issue here I could forgive not being able to play much on opening day. The game play is solid but nothing new or groundbreaking but this game has a lack of customization that I find disturbing most good new RPG games Provide tools to customize the appearance of your character. It is important to many players In a Roll Playing Game to be able to make the character as they see it, to take ownership and grow him in to what they like, playing with other cloned players devalues the experience and makes it difficult to be a proud owner of your character. Worse then not being able to change your appearance is making every person playing the same class a clone, the skill tree idea has been such a great way to give players choices on how to make characters as they see fit and taking this away makes me feel like I am playing your character not mine. So now that we are all playing identical twins the trade off should be amazing graphics right? Well the graphics are not bad but they are not good either looking more like something that should have been released a few years ago and the sound is good but the voice acting leaves something to be desired (competing with Bioware in voice acting will make it tough for them to rate well in this). I have not had time to beat the game yet (I work long hours the rest of the week and it has been unplayable most of the opening day so I will have to wait till the weekend to play again I hope the bugs will be worked out by then) but I have been told that it is not very long. I hope this is not true and that Blizzard is not counting on PVP and repetition to keep us playing, and I really hope they are not counting on releasing several more expansions at $60 each containing content that should have been released with the original game. At this point the game would be rated at a 5 of 10 but there decision to take out offline play entirely making it so we are not really purchasing the game but more like renting it from them for as long as there servers are supporting it. Not to mention the inability to play a single player game because they are doing server work or my internet is down. People will support the policy because of all the cheating that went on in the other Diablo titles but removing offline play will not stop this and any one thinking that hackers will not find a way to hack and cheaters will not find a way to cheat this system are just kidding them selves. look at WOW its online only and that has not prevented several speed hacking and item duping hacks from being used over the years.
    To sum things up this game is a major step back from previous titles and I hope Blizzard realizes this and makes corrections bringing this game up to modern standards. My message to Blizzard, I own all the titles you have released on pc and they are good games but it seems that you have not been playing other games on the market recently so let me tell you what an RPG player expects in the year 2012 from a premium priced title, customization is key changing the looks and skills of your character makes it seem like you have hundreds of options instead of just the basic Classes, a long and involving story make me feel like I got my moneys worth out of paying your premium price , Graphics do not make the game and blizzard has never been known for cutting edge graphics so I can forgive the graphics if the game is reliable but making it rely on your servers and an internet connection takes away reliability leaving me withe a game that can be surpassed by smaller developers for a fraction of the cost (for the price of this game I could have purchased 8 copies of torchlight and torchlight 2 from steam and given it to many of my friends) . Overall I cant give this game better then a 3 as it is now i would love for Blizzard to listen to its fans and fix many of the things the fans are asking for but I don't hold much hope for that as it seems recently they see me as more of a wallet then a fan of there games.
  93. May 16, 2012
    Internet connection required for single player. I cannot believe this!! Yes you read correctly. If your internet connection goes down even for a second you are booted out. If for the evening what then? What if you want to play it on your laptop. How can they justify the single player part of the game requiring internet connection. And that doesn't even begin to address the issue ofInternet connection required for single player. I cannot believe this!! Yes you read correctly. If your internet connection goes down even for a second you are booted out. If for the evening what then? What if you want to play it on your laptop. How can they justify the single player part of the game requiring internet connection. And that doesn't even begin to address the issue of blizzards servers, any hiccups and thats that. And there have been loads of hiccups, just google it, don't rely on my words. What a joke. Blizzard and Activision are now the worst games companies of all, and thats quite an achievement. There are a lot of other high quality games out there, we don't have to put up with this, so I will be boycotting everything to do with them as of now. Expand
  94. May 16, 2012
    I was afraid that I was going to be disappointed in the latest of the Diablo series. Why? As I watched the Diablo 3 panels at Blizzcon I noticed something. I noticed that Blizzard kept comparing Diablo 3 to World of Warcraft. I thought that this was troubling because the games should be nothing alike. First let me say that I loved Diablo 2 and I loved WoW. But they are no more similar thanI was afraid that I was going to be disappointed in the latest of the Diablo series. Why? As I watched the Diablo 3 panels at Blizzcon I noticed something. I noticed that Blizzard kept comparing Diablo 3 to World of Warcraft. I thought that this was troubling because the games should be nothing alike. First let me say that I loved Diablo 2 and I loved WoW. But they are no more similar than Starcraft is to either of them. Attributes, skills, auction house, arena PVP, everyone easily reaching max level cap, and no reasonable reason to make more than 1 of any given character are just some of the similarities to WoW. None of the things I just listed are true of Diablo 2. If you never played Diablo 2 religiously then you will probably enjoy Diablo 3 more than most. But if you are a lover of the Diablo series, then this game is a major disappointment. I'd rather play WoW than play a linear RPG with inferior controls. There is no reason to keep you coming back for more, nothing besides a smash your face hard PVE scene. Oh wait, WoW does that better too. ugh Expand
  95. May 16, 2012
    Remember that time when you ordered a pizza but it was bad, and you excreted diarrhea all over the house? That, figuratively speaking, is exactly the kind of impression Diablo 3 leaves you with. Basically, the gameplay is overlly simplified and linear, you cant even play offline, and the story and graphics are laughable.The saddest part though, is that our noble efforts to reveal the TRUTHRemember that time when you ordered a pizza but it was bad, and you excreted diarrhea all over the house? That, figuratively speaking, is exactly the kind of impression Diablo 3 leaves you with. Basically, the gameplay is overlly simplified and linear, you cant even play offline, and the story and graphics are laughable.The saddest part though, is that our noble efforts to reveal the TRUTH is being written off as "mindless trolling". If preventing people from buying rubbish is trolling than I think real "trolls" are the capitalist garbage who get peoples hopes up only to smash them later just for some cash. Diablo now joins the ever growing list of dead or dying game franchises. Expand
  96. May 16, 2012
    After a decade of waiting, Diablo III finally crawled out of the hell and invade our beloved Sanctuary again. I gave up the PC gaming long time ago since I owned three consoles at the same time and was pretty occupied by work. However, the good old memory of Diablo II still drives me order the sequel. Installation looks decent and reminds me lots of good old days. However, the messageAfter a decade of waiting, Diablo III finally crawled out of the hell and invade our beloved Sanctuary again. I gave up the PC gaming long time ago since I owned three consoles at the same time and was pretty occupied by work. However, the good old memory of Diablo II still drives me order the sequel. Installation looks decent and reminds me lots of good old days. However, the message "Error 317002" haunted me for consecutive two night before I finally entered the world Sanctuary. "Big launch" they said, "It happens all the time", they said. "DRM is the trend", they said. Alright, I will just take what it is since I haven't played PC game for a while and Blizzard has taken my money. Surprising, I fell asleep twice during my first play in Act 1. The graph and character look great and the music is pleasing, but I just fell this is not the same game I played a decade ago. Skill trees are taken away and skill slots are overly simplified. Even though Blizzard moved several ideas from WoW to this sequel, I am just not inspired or excited. I removed the game from my computer on the 3rd day after launch without second thought. I wonder if I am too old to appreciate the new concepts or maybe I am too picky. Who knows. Anyways, if you look forward to finding old good time from this game, you might be disappointed but if you are WoW addicted and have lots of money, purchase it right away to enjoy similar entertainment. Expand
  97. May 16, 2012
    Average Hack'n Slash game, but a really bad Diablo game.
    Complete failure, and the user reviews speaks for itself.
    What bothers me the most, is the game itself, not the login difficulties. Below average graphics, pretty nice soundtrack, but HORRIBLE voice acting. Poor story, there is no Diablo feel to the game at all. No RPG elements, such as character levling, it's all automated.
    Average Hack'n Slash game, but a really bad Diablo game.
    Complete failure, and the user reviews speaks for itself.

What bothers me the most, is the game itself, not the login difficulties.

Below average graphics, pretty nice soundtrack, but HORRIBLE voice acting.
    Poor story, there is no Diablo feel to the game at all.
    No RPG elements, such as character levling, it's all automated.

(0/10) DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS, wait for a crack/private server!
  98. May 17, 2012
    This is a disgrace. Would have though Blizzard of all companies could have handled this well. Very disappointed. The customer service is crap. I mean what the hell, you can't change your character's server region when the game chooses the wrong for you in the beginning? FU blizzard. You deserve nothing from me anymore.
  99. May 17, 2012
    A huge disappointment. Blizzard what is that? What a f*** is that?! I must pay 60$ for this? I must pay 60$ for errors? The only problem is, I can't even play because of all the damn connectivity issues on Blizzard's end. So close....
    From Russia with love....
  100. May 17, 2012
    I should have cancelled my Pre-Order. I'm a Deployed service member, this always on requirement means I can't play this game in my free time. (We share 10 internet enable computers between all of us on this site). So I am basically stuck with a $60 box for at least 6 more months. Blizzard refuses to offer any kind of work around. Worse since I'm now deployed I don't have access toI should have cancelled my Pre-Order. I'm a Deployed service member, this always on requirement means I can't play this game in my free time. (We share 10 internet enable computers between all of us on this site). So I am basically stuck with a $60 box for at least 6 more months. Blizzard refuses to offer any kind of work around. Worse since I'm now deployed I don't have access to return the game for a refund either. Way to screw the service members blizzard! You try this with Heart of the Swarm and I'll just stop buying your products, it's not worth it.

My suggestion is wait for Torchlight 2, my friend in the states playing the beta says it's pretty nice, and it doesn't require always on internet.
  101. Jul 24, 2012
    This game is reasonably entertaining for the first 20 hours or so (time for a run through normal->hell)

but after that it has quite literally 0 end game except for farming gold and buying from ah. In addition the combat is frustrating and progression is even more frustrating. Yes this is an ARPG that uses the term progression to describe you going through content. This game is essentially a single player top down version of WoW, Sounds like your kind of thing? Good, but not what the majority wanted from the successor to the greatest ARPG of all time.

Gets a 0 for taking money under false pretense of this being a sequel to diablo.

1. Aug 31, 2012