4.0

1. Aug 10, 2012
    This game is so utterly bad, that even writing this is more than it deserves. There is nothing fun about it except the first few-dozen hours of initial gameplay, it has no depth, it has no quality script, it has nothing original, it's in fact regression in every aspect. This game would never have sold if it wasn't signed Blizzard and it pains me so many of us buy something like this,This game is so utterly bad, that even writing this is more than it deserves. There is nothing fun about it except the first few-dozen hours of initial gameplay, it has no depth, it has no quality script, it has nothing original, it's in fact regression in every aspect. This game would never have sold if it wasn't signed Blizzard and it pains me so many of us buy something like this, expecting something good from a supposedly good company only to be served STUPIDLY expensive (80+ dollars at some time!!!!) CRAP. I am not going to buy Blizzard game ever again, I'm done with this company. They used to make good games, now it seems they just cash-in on their established brand. Like every **** business these days. Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    Diablows

No Offline Mode, and you have rely on blizzard servers to play which isn't a good thing, don't waste your money, 11 years in the making and this is what you get, very poor.
  3. May 16, 2012
    This game is just another proof of how greedy Blizzard became. Diablo 3 just beat the 60 bucks plank and breached to a new level - 77$ in my region. And what do we get for that price? 1) Poor story. Re-usage of everything that was in Diablo 2, and nothing new. 2) Internet connection needed to play in single player. Screw this, i don't want to not be able to play a game i paid for justThis game is just another proof of how greedy Blizzard became. Diablo 3 just beat the 60 bucks plank and breached to a new level - 77$ in my region. And what do we get for that price? 1) Poor story. Re-usage of everything that was in Diablo 2, and nothing new. 2) Internet connection needed to play in single player. Screw this, i don't want to not be able to play a game i paid for just because Blizzard servers are screwed up.
    3) No LAN. Nuff said.
    4) All characters look awful. Male Demon Hunter and Mage look like some emo, but definitely not like a world savers. 5) In-game action house is just a way to ruin balance for players. And for Blizzard, it's another way to milk us.
    6) The game is too short. Some Korean beat it in 12 hours and 29 minutes. Wut? Wondering what took Blizzard so long to make that game...
    7) And finally, as 95% of new games on the market, it became casual. Yep, a game for those who don't give a crap about character customization, challenge, and plot. As everyone already said: no skill points to spend, everything upgrades itself just like in World of Warcraft, all abilities unlocking automatically, et cetera. It's not Action-RPG anymore. The RPG part is merely an illusion. The rating you see here, totally explains the quality of this game. And for all those fan-boys out there who gives Diablo 3 more than 6 score: after the "new shiny thing wow effect" fades away, take a closer look, and see for yourself, how awful the game market looks like now.
  4. May 25, 2012
    People say not to give a game a 0, as clearly only fanboys do this, and their reviews obviously mean nothing. That is a very closed minded way to look at things. Some games do indeed deserve a 0 - Diablo 3 being a perfect example. There is basically nothing that Diablo 3 does that Diablo 2 doesn't do better. Diablo 3 is a perfect example of exactly what a sequel shouldn't be - Toned downPeople say not to give a game a 0, as clearly only fanboys do this, and their reviews obviously mean nothing. That is a very closed minded way to look at things. Some games do indeed deserve a 0 - Diablo 3 being a perfect example. There is basically nothing that Diablo 3 does that Diablo 2 doesn't do better. Diablo 3 is a perfect example of exactly what a sequel shouldn't be - Toned down gameplay, "b-b-but the graphics are better!!!"

What redeeming qualities could this game possibly have that warrant a score higher than a 0? Could it be the heavily restrictive DRM? Could it be the pay to win BS? I feel like this "game" was bought more by people who are interested in the political / business sides of gaming, and the DRM that would finally be the end of piracy (which obviously isn't even true). It's like they bought it out of some kind of distorted, false interpretation of "morality", rather than to play a game.

Diablo 3 is also a perfect example of why many people feel classic gaming is superior. The idea used to be "This company is providing a game that I am interested in. Therefore, I will buy it so that hopefully they will make more in the future. I like to have fun!" But now the idea of "gaming" is "Wow, this company sure did rape us all in the ass really hard! Now I'm going to go on the internet and accuse anyone who didn't buy it of being self-entitled!"
  5. Oct 10, 2012
    Cons: Auction House plays for you. Items are boring, repetitive, and other than your main stat / vitality the affixes are irrelevant. Linear Gameplay + only 5% f the maps are randomized. Online only. Matchmaking only, no custom games. Max of 4 people per game. Pros: Nice Graphics. Summary: I wouldn't bother with D3 unless Blizzard makes some serious, fundamental changes to it
  6. May 15, 2012
    I can't really think of anything good about this game, so I'll focus on the bad.

Features that existed in previous games are gone less customization need to be online to play poor launch classes are extremely unbalanced game is absurdly short blizzard clearly put no effort into making a good game because they knew the success of their other titles would ensure people would play this game

Features that existed in previous games are gone
    less customization
    need to be online to play
    poor launch
    classes are extremely unbalanced
    game is absurdly short
    blizzard clearly put no effort into making a good game because they knew the success of their other titles would ensure people would play this game without question. I'm pretty disgusted by what occurred here and I really hope that it can be made to stop. The game has been dumbed down to just clicking and nothing else.
  7. May 15, 2012
    This game is a massive pile of **** It shouldn't be named like that.
    WoW is nice like a prostate cancer, and this "Diablo"3 is like a bunch of bloody hemorrhoids in your mouth.
  8. May 15, 2012
    It's one of the greatest blunders of the year (if not the biggest). It doesn't improve anything from Diablo II, It has WoW graphics and it's 2 hours long. Also you need online to play singleplayer, what the **** I mean, this sucks.
  9. Sep 23, 2012
    Review reduced from 1 to 0 after playing Torchlight 2. This game is bad, but in comparison to TL is it down right horrible. Torchlight... Thank you...
  10. May 15, 2012
    Probably one of the biggest let downs of the year, When I purchased D3 I was expecting the epic conclusion t0 D2 one of my favorite games of all time. What I got instead was an insane amount of lag and game play that feels about ten years dated. I seriously hope you guys don't consider buying this game.
  11. May 21, 2012
    This would have been an ok game if it was not called diablo, thereby falsly attricting a huge d2 fanbase which is now extremely dissapointed. I honestly believe this game scores a 1/10 compared to diablo 2, All the things that made diablo 2 fun are left out of diablo 3. A fine game dumbed down for the masses and became totally uninteresting and unrewarding. Your character "build" consistThis would have been an ok game if it was not called diablo, thereby falsly attricting a huge d2 fanbase which is now extremely dissapointed. I honestly believe this game scores a 1/10 compared to diablo 2, All the things that made diablo 2 fun are left out of diablo 3. A fine game dumbed down for the masses and became totally uninteresting and unrewarding. Your character "build" consist of two things: your damage and your health. Damage comes from your primary attribute and weapon dps, and health comes from vitality. How is that even considered an rpg, every damn shooter is based on the same stats, health and damage : ( Expand
  12. May 15, 2012
    Game govno do not play this. Getting disconnected from single player all the time. Very buggy, unfinished with dumbed down customization and cartoon graphics
  13. Jun 22, 2012
    ok so the new patch is out an it is clear all blizzard is trying to do is milk the players for more money not to mention they change the stats on the items on your character even if you payed $$ for them witch renders them useless so i had to re-review this game an its content an give it what it deserves a 0 never buy or play another blizzard activision game
  14. May 15, 2012
    It's not that Diablo 3 is a terrible game as it stands alone, but compared to the rest of the Diablo series, it is. For $30, it would be a good game, but the fact that we were charged full price makes it bad. Aside from the price point, there are many unforgivable factors. The first being Blizzard's lack of preparation for the flooding of the servers. What I don't understand is if BlizzardIt's not that Diablo 3 is a terrible game as it stands alone, but compared to the rest of the Diablo series, it is. For $30, it would be a good game, but the fact that we were charged full price makes it bad. Aside from the price point, there are many unforgivable factors. The first being Blizzard's lack of preparation for the flooding of the servers. What I don't understand is if Blizzard can afford to run WoW, one of the world's most popular online games, day in and day out with no server compromises, then how can it not handle Diablo 3 when they've had 12 years to prepare for its imminent release? This brings me to my next point, the need to be constantly online even to play single player. Why should I have to be online to play single player, a mode that utilizes no online components whatsoever? This is further complicated by Blizzard's ineptitude to anticipate the flooding of the servers. This means that the consumer has been unable to play a mode that should not utilize online servers due to Blizzard's huge blunder. Like I said before, if this game were only $30, then it wouldn't be as bad. The fact that Blizzard gave us an unprepared piece of garbage for $60 is what makes this game terrible. Expand
  15. May 15, 2012
    Played 1 and 2, and waited and waded through the hype for a game that feels mechanical, stale and sadly offers less than the previous games. Graphically lovely, it just doesn't grab me by the balls. Something is badly lacking. If anyone has experienced WoW pug PvP, it kinda feels like that. I'll explain, I started playing earlier and joined a few parties, not one person spoke and it feltPlayed 1 and 2, and waited and waded through the hype for a game that feels mechanical, stale and sadly offers less than the previous games. Graphically lovely, it just doesn't grab me by the balls. Something is badly lacking. If anyone has experienced WoW pug PvP, it kinda feels like that. I'll explain, I started playing earlier and joined a few parties, not one person spoke and it felt as though I was being simply carried along. No one picked up anything (gold/items) or even stopped to fart! I couldn't help but feel like a low level vacuum cleaner running behind Dysons. Overall, I think the game is average (esp after the wait) and it is further spoiled by the sad fact that modern gamers seem too eager to pursue end game glory and have forgotten, or better yet (given their ages), never known the pleasures and satisfaction of the in-between. Everyone's in a hurry to be no.1 and the game suffers as a consequence. 4/10 - By today's expectations/standards, and in view of what had gone before it, a real let-down. Expand
  16. May 15, 2012
    To everyone saying "you can't judge the game by the server troubles..." Let me tell you, you can.

Blizzard made a KEY decision to put Diablo 3 as an "online only" game, despite it being a capable game for LAN / single player. With that decision comes both positives and negatives, and I'm sure reviews will cover the positives in great detail. You can't make a cool auction house without

With that decision comes both positives and negatives, and I'm sure reviews will cover the positives in great detail. You can't make a cool auction house without server authority/validation. You can't make it an eSport with awesome PvP without a server authority on gear and other stuff.

But there are also negatives, and the big one is the one we're experiencing tonight. If you insist on using a server, you're going to screw players over with server problems.

So yes, remember that this was a key decision, and that Blizzard should be called out on it, because there's really no excuse.
  17. May 15, 2012
    I've spent more time TRYING to play than I have playing it. The DRM is particularly painful since I'm going the single player route. That said, my negative score is based non on the hours of trouble and annoyance that are well documented here, but the fact that the game is mediocre and simply trading on the DIablo brand. Character creation is ridiculously weak. The removal of the abilityI've spent more time TRYING to play than I have playing it. The DRM is particularly painful since I'm going the single player route. That said, my negative score is based non on the hours of trouble and annoyance that are well documented here, but the fact that the game is mediocre and simply trading on the DIablo brand. Character creation is ridiculously weak. The removal of the ability to choose your skills and apply your attributes really damages the feeling that the character is mine. I have nothing personal invested but who knows...maybe if I actually get to play that might change. Expand
  18. May 28, 2012
    This game is terrible. It's too cartoonish, it's boring, easy and it's just dumb. You just have to mash your mouse button and you'll be fine. I expected more from it.
  19. May 15, 2012
    Within 20 hours of trying to start this game I didn't manage to. I saw D3 on my friend's pc and it was... poor. Very easy, faded/blury graphics, automatic skills (are we 5 yo?), average music. D2 is sooo much better (personally, for me D1 is the best). I waited in the line for 5h during the night to get this game. For 20h I try to run it (errors 37 and 75). Sorry Blizzard, you failed. Rate: 0.
  20. XLX
    May 15, 2012
    MY REVIEW: I will review what I have been able to play today "Nothing" which translated into numbers is 0 (zero) so there you go. The servers may have been up and down but I don't have all day to try to figure out when the servers are up so I can play. When I am ready to play they need to be ready to play or else don't make it online always game. I'm online, Blizzard is not, not myMY REVIEW: I will review what I have been able to play today "Nothing" which translated into numbers is 0 (zero) so there you go. The servers may have been up and down but I don't have all day to try to figure out when the servers are up so I can play. When I am ready to play they need to be ready to play or else don't make it online always game. I'm online, Blizzard is not, not my fault.

The irony of having someone state that your opinion shouldn't count but theirs does is remarkable. Anyways I know the server problems are temporary but they already have my cash so... yeah... I paid for a service I'm not receiving. I know the EULA covers Blizzard greedy and incompetent butt, however as a true consumer and believer in capitalism (The part that allows me to fight a company for bad service not the part that protects the company just because they have something saying bad things might happen and you cant sue us for it) I want to say Blizzard you are dead to me. I will play this game but no more money will be going your way. I weep at the fact that the only industry I ever truly wanted to be a part of has become so bloated with consumers ready to bend over and take whatever the company gives them astounds me. While a lot of others write "What did you expect" I answer "I expected what I have expected since the day I bought my first NES game... To go home put it in and enjoy myself." Times may change, technology sure has. But when I put down my hard earned money on the table, the only time I expect to lose it and not be able to play is at the casino. I don't like gambling on my games on whether they work or not.
  21. May 15, 2012
    Unbelievably bad first of all I was a little angry that people who had original copies of Diablo 1, 2, and the expansion were unable to play the beta. After purchasing this game and only being able to play for about 30 minutes before getting kicked off I was already somewhat disappointed in nearly every aspect. There is no grinding as well as not being able to add points to skill trees andUnbelievably bad first of all I was a little angry that people who had original copies of Diablo 1, 2, and the expansion were unable to play the beta. After purchasing this game and only being able to play for about 30 minutes before getting kicked off I was already somewhat disappointed in nearly every aspect. There is no grinding as well as not being able to add points to skill trees and to strength, dex, vit, energy. I was more let down by this game than any game I've ever purchased. Expand
  22. May 19, 2012
    I've played this game for a couple of days now and I must admit that it doesn't come close to the expectations I had before release. After playing through normal and ACT 3 on Nightmare the game still stinks of a grind-fest. I haven't even once had to stop and think on how to defeat a mob/boss. So I think I would rather let this game takes its place in the bookshelf and gather dust for theI've played this game for a couple of days now and I must admit that it doesn't come close to the expectations I had before release. After playing through normal and ACT 3 on Nightmare the game still stinks of a grind-fest. I haven't even once had to stop and think on how to defeat a mob/boss. So I think I would rather let this game takes its place in the bookshelf and gather dust for the rest of time cause this game was a let down. Expand
  23. May 19, 2012
    Look at all the sheep defending always online drm bleeting that angry consumers are entitled whiners. Tell me, if pokemon, halo or GTA had always online drm would you bend over and let them ass rape you as long as they put in an auction house? Screw D3 and the blizz fanboys. Enjoy your server crashes, connection failures, lost game progress, gold farmers and lag monsters.
  24. May 20, 2012
    To summarize, hollywood sequel conventions, lag may happen in single player (that's ridiculous) and blizzard's take on micro-payments.

This game follows the hollywood sequel formula in the worst way (the crow, terminator series) where the same tag lines and characters HAVE to resurface. Sure the graphics are better, but it's been 12 years since Diablo 2. While the UI has been optimized,

While the UI has been optimized, the experience has been reduced by always on internet connection requirements. Aside from the odiousness of DRM (cause we're all thieves that shelled out 60 bucks and can't be trusted right Blizzard? Go F- yourselves.), this makes it a certainty that any play experience COULD BE SUBJECT TO LAG. Shooting at a monster while playing alone? Lag may not let you do that. Why do I want this feature? Cause I'm gonna have yet another chat client? Puh-leeease!

The other horrible innovation is the real money market, which will include the option to buy gold for cash. So, those people that Blizzard has complained and campaigned against for ruining game economies? They're gonna do it themselves.
  25. May 20, 2012
    I have no issues with logging in or connections, so I'm not complaining about that, only trouble I had was on my end of the line so Blizzard can have 2 points for stable servers. Now to the bad points *cracks knuckles* What I do dislike is the crap story, crap skill structure and no stat points after leveling up. I want to spec my character how I want to! Not you telling me what I needI have no issues with logging in or connections, so I'm not complaining about that, only trouble I had was on my end of the line so Blizzard can have 2 points for stable servers. Now to the bad points *cracks knuckles* What I do dislike is the crap story, crap skill structure and no stat points after leveling up. I want to spec my character how I want to! Not you telling me what I need Blizzard, I want to play Diablo not bloody World of Warcraft! Also, what's the point of having unidentified items if all you have to do is right-click to identify? Lets waste 5/10 seconds in a pointless game mechanic. You took out the sense of danger that Diablo 2 had, when I came through to nightmare with my paladin in D2:LOD I had to struggle and fight hard through that difficulty as it was really quite a step up from normal, and so it should of been. Nightmare in D3 is pathetic (it really is), I don't even need potions for most fights unless I get mobbed by 15+ creatures - where's the difficulty if all I have to pop potions on is bosses? No potion belt is bad, the health globes are stupid. Why should something that dies drop health? Oh, and no runes and runewords - what the **** were you thinking!? The graphics are sub-par and the game is way too short, I beat normal in about 2 good nights of playing and haven't even been wanting to play much on through nightmare as it's boring. I wont be buying an expansion/DLC if it's released as this game has nothing on D2:LOD and we have waited 10/11 years for a half-baked game that doesn't deserve any praise really at all. And the followers you can get are pointless, just cannon fodder who do **** all damage and aren't even worth the time required to get them decent gear. Character level cap is also too low. D2:LOD went to 99, D3 goes to 60.. what's the point in that? I want proper game time out of the money I invested. D3 doesn't give me any desire to play further. I have a friend who has recently beaten nightmare on his monk character, he also doesn't want to play on as he is now sick of the game, totally bored by it and its simple and mediocre features. D3 is also very boring (did I mention that?), the total simplicity of the whole game makes it a real let down. The dumbed down skills, stats and items really take away from what was once an a brilliant series. D2:LOD challenged you - D3 doesn't. Coming from a big D2:LOD fan this game is a huge disappointment, Blizzard took all the good things from D2:LOD and chucked them out. This bastard child of WoW and D2:LOD is rubbish, don't even waste your money on it. Expand
  26. May 15, 2012
    Disappointed to say the least. Got to play it for about 30 min and now servers are down again. DRM for this game is insane. Especially when it's not that great a game. It almost looks browser based. I tried to like it, but since I can't even play it when I want to, it lowers the score even more for me.
  27. May 15, 2012
    One word for this poor performance and way of ruining such a nice franchise - ACTIVI$ION
    I can not even describe how disappointing this is, saddens me to see a old school PC Gaming company going down this route.
  28. Oct 24, 2012
    Why do all game devs these days only care about money. Screw your auction house, the whole point of the game is to collect stuff yourself, what is the point if you can just buy the items in the auction house? It's stupid. The game itself is too easy, Story wasn't that great,graphics are good, and gameplay is good. I just can't give a game a good score when the game itself is repetative andWhy do all game devs these days only care about money. Screw your auction house, the whole point of the game is to collect stuff yourself, what is the point if you can just buy the items in the auction house? It's stupid. The game itself is too easy, Story wasn't that great,graphics are good, and gameplay is good. I just can't give a game a good score when the game itself is repetative and you can't play offline. The game should be limitless and not have it's limits. Get your s**t together or get out. That's all I can say. Expand
  29. May 20, 2012
    This is my third review (second edit). Once again I cannot play the single-player part of the game, due to server issues. From now on, every server issue that prevents me from playing the single-player part (basically any server issue due to DRM solution) will lead to a score reduction.
  30. Nov 9, 2013
    No feel of "Diablo". Feels like a juvenile adventure game, not a gothic horror. Disappointed to say the least. Hopefully the expansion breathes new life into it.
  31. Jan 20, 2013
    so the game director is fired... (jay gayson) good news. i laughin so hard to the position they are in. this game born with a malfunction. it is almost dead by now.

where to begin? everything, every decision, every **** step they have made is a mistake about that game. jay "**** diablo killer" wilson got fired and you cant answer his post twice. your answer gets deleted immediately by mods. i mean what the **** it has been said million **** times whats wrong with the game. even now even after rob **** promo said "please make some **** constructive critism" they keep ignore playerbase. drown in your own **** dickheads
  32. May 19, 2012
    Ugh - this is my first review and I forgot to slide the slider down to 0. Why can't we edit out reviews?

I'm a huge fan of Diablo II, and still play it today - it's the most atmospheric and playable game I've ever come across on PC. This is a pale imitation in every respect. The graphics are cartoony, and there's very little atmosphere at all. When you're playing a gothic medievel type game and all the items pop up in a perfect clean ariel typeface there's something very wrong. Far too much effort has gone into fancy graphics and far too little has gone into playability. It's a grind-fest geared solely towards the acquisition of loot at the expense of everything else. Blizzard have run with the theory that bigger is better, but when faced with an onslaught of thousands of items with an infinite array of properties the whole thing just becomes meaningless. And that's not even mentioning their despicable corporate attitude resulting in the ridiculous concept of single players being forced to play online at all times. This is a spectaculer fail, and a disappointing glimpse into the future of PC gaming.
  33. May 15, 2012
    The complete lack of character customization takes all the joy out of progressing in this game. They try to overcompensate with story but that's never been good/important in diablo games. Game is incredibly short, and they artificially increase the length by unlocking the harder difficulties. Get "Path of exile" if you want a better experience.
  34. May 15, 2012
    You love Diablo II? So... Don't buy D3! No more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level you, character personnalisation = 0. And the DRM... THE DRM!
    We can't play to the solo game when we want.

Bad game Blizzard, very bad game.
  35. May 15, 2012
    Worst. Game. Ever. Don't waste your money on this fake Diablo game. At least get something made by the real Diablo crew such as Torchlight II or play something that is similar to Diablo II such as Path of Exile.
  36. May 15, 2012
    this game is **** away from it at all costs,it is extremely dumbed down and downright boring to play,i so regret buying this game,it is a wow clone
  37. May 15, 2012
    I spent like 100000 hours playing diablo II so I really wanted to get diablo III. But I work in west Texas where there is no internet. I go out to the middle of desert bassicly for a few weeks at a time and i bought this game to have something to do. So i buy Diablo III and there is no single player so i can only play it when i am in town. Thats not why i bought it. So I'm out $80 and theI spent like 100000 hours playing diablo II so I really wanted to get diablo III. But I work in west Texas where there is no internet. I go out to the middle of desert bassicly for a few weeks at a time and i bought this game to have something to do. So i buy Diablo III and there is no single player so i can only play it when i am in town. Thats not why i bought it. So I'm out $80 and the store won't let me return it. So I bassicly go robbed for $80 since no one told me this when i pre ordered it. I'm never buying another Blizzard game again. Expand
  38. Jul 6, 2012
    Huge disappointment. Game is severely lacking on content & story. The amount of item affixes is absolutely pathetic. There are only a handful of useful skills the rest are complete rubbish on inferno difficulty. This was a total money grab on Blizzard's behalf. The addition of the RMAH destroyed this game. Want a upgrade? Look forward to spending 60+ hours farming gold, or spendingHuge disappointment. Game is severely lacking on content & story. The amount of item affixes is absolutely pathetic. There are only a handful of useful skills the rest are complete rubbish on inferno difficulty. This was a total money grab on Blizzard's behalf. The addition of the RMAH destroyed this game. Want a upgrade? Look forward to spending 60+ hours farming gold, or spending $250.00 in real life money on digital pixels. Save the $60.00 folks. Blizzard's reputation is permanently blemished after this catastrophe. Expand
  39. Jun 4, 2014
    Since I originally scored this game a 1 since I couldn't play it for weeks after I paid good money for it, I thought I would update my opinion of the game. I have played through a few times with each getting more difficult and it is a good game and runs smoothly. I don't play it anymore, but I got my time out of it. I liked the story the first run through. Games like this tend to getSince I originally scored this game a 1 since I couldn't play it for weeks after I paid good money for it, I thought I would update my opinion of the game. I have played through a few times with each getting more difficult and it is a good game and runs smoothly. I don't play it anymore, but I got my time out of it. I liked the story the first run through. Games like this tend to get repetitive, but the fact that I played through 3 times means its not terribly so (I usually don't replay games). Expand
  40. May 15, 2012
    This game is such a disappointment after Diablo 2. They completely removed any form of character customization. Every single hero of a class is the same as any other hero of that class. There are no more unique builds both attributes and skills are automatically gotten for you as you level up. It tries far too hard to hold your hand and made it impossible to make your character unique.
  41. May 31, 2012
    So just to start. I was ineradicably excited when i first got the game. After waiting day after launch ( since I couldn't get in) game literally killed my excitement little by little. Game is a total step-back compared to predecessor. While its nice to switch around skills for a while, blizzard totally killed experimentation with skill points and uniqueness of skills. Skill trees in diabloSo just to start. I was ineradicably excited when i first got the game. After waiting day after launch ( since I couldn't get in) game literally killed my excitement little by little. Game is a total step-back compared to predecessor. While its nice to switch around skills for a while, blizzard totally killed experimentation with skill points and uniqueness of skills. Skill trees in diablo 2 used to be crystal clear to read and compare and showed damage done as well as gave synergies to make it really interesting. On top of that attribute points are allocated automatically. That leaves player with no choices making character boring. Story is not memorable at all beside few little moments. They managed to make the game so generic that it pains me to say this. Game is boring after a while. It doesn't bring anything really innovative to the table(and I would say it even takes away). Some would say that they brought auction house and characters are more balanced for PvP but again(what PvP?) there's no PvP. Personally I finished the game on normal and I'm not so sure that there's enough to keep me going. There's only four players in a group and maps seem very small. They had 12 years to make a great polished game. It seems that Blizzard prioritizes MMos now so everything else is an addition. Instead of evolving great game and implementing more ideas into the game, blizzard managed to give diablo 3 a console feel. Yes I said that right, console. Game would be fine as a release for a console. Just to sum it up. Blizzard somehow managed to avoid almost everything that was great about diablo 2 and make something(some would say different) but I would say worse since as of now I don't see myself playing it 12 years from now as I did with diablo 2. Some newcomers might like it, but seasoned players growing up on diablo and diablo 2 surely wont be so happy and they make majority. I guess they only hope lies in Torchlight 2 which is going to cost 1/3 of what diablo 3 did and seems much better in aspect of uniqueness and implementation. Well we'll have to wait a little since release date is set to summer 2012. Thank you for reading my rambling and I hope someone from Blizzard wakes up and realizes that they wasted pretty big opportunity to make even bigger bucks.PS Blizzard if you ever need help with ideas and implementation just contact me since there's a serious lack of talent on your team. Also I apologize for my English as as of now it's not perfect and thank you for reading. Expand
  42. May 15, 2012
    The game is unplayable. This is remarkable since all Blizzard ever said is they are waiting until it is a completely finished product. If it is a completely finished product, then we can safely review it as it stands now. And as it stand now, it is unplayable and worth of a 0/10.
  43. May 15, 2012
    A cheap, cash crop from Blizzard. Everything about this game is not as good as it should be and is made with the pure intent of making money, and not delivering a quality game. You buy items with real money, and can sell items for real money, but with a "Transaction Fee" where blizzard makes more money...
  44. May 16, 2012
    After 4 hours in a 24 hour span of nothing but error messages I finally was able to play Diablo III for about six hours. The game is nothing like what I had hoped. Every character of the same class is identical, except for equipment. There's no deviation in skills/abilities because their unlock is not strategically chosen by the player but unlocked based on level achieved. There are noAfter 4 hours in a 24 hour span of nothing but error messages I finally was able to play Diablo III for about six hours. The game is nothing like what I had hoped. Every character of the same class is identical, except for equipment. There's no deviation in skills/abilities because their unlock is not strategically chosen by the player but unlocked based on level achieved. There are no stat points to spend to customize your ascension, there are no talents you can choose from a tree - it's just a skill choice + a rune choice for your attack, and every single player has the exact same options available to choose from, all of the time.

The AI has been very buggy, with my followers just standing around watching as I fight. They sometimes just get stuck, unsure of how to reach me when standing just 10' away up a flight of stairs. There is no path finding to speak of - if I click on a point on the screen to move to, and there isn't a beeline path to reach it my character does nothing. Several times my character has lagged and jumped around on screen, and not due to the use of an ability.

I hear the story is remarkably short compared to the previous Diablo games. So far the cinematics have been good (but HEAVILY compressed, and very messy with a lot of blocking/blurring during high-movement scenes, which seem common) and the in-game graphics look like you're playing World of Warcraft with a slightly different camera angle. The UI is improved from Diablo II, so Blizzard can tout that benefit from their mandate that all players remain connected to BattleNet ALL of the time. However, that could have been done without the draconic DRM that disconnects you the second your internet connection flakes out. I have yet to try the Auction House feature.

I intend to keep playing, to see the game through to the end but so far Diablo III is a real letdown as a followup to Diablo II and Diablo II: LoD.
  45. Oms
    May 15, 2012
    Disappointing sequel to an otherwise excellent franchise. I waited in line for 4 hours to pickup my CE copy for $115. The packaging is excellent and the art book is beautiful. The additional "behind the scenes" footage is also well put together and enjoyable to watch. The game itself however is far from being a game of any kind. Vast majority of my game time was spent staring at the sameDisappointing sequel to an otherwise excellent franchise. I waited in line for 4 hours to pickup my CE copy for $115. The packaging is excellent and the art book is beautiful. The additional "behind the scenes" footage is also well put together and enjoyable to watch. The game itself however is far from being a game of any kind. Vast majority of my game time was spent staring at the same screen as the bugs and problems with the game make it impossible to proceed beyond the initial login screen. If you are lucky enough to make it into the game you are quickly booted out and taken back to the login screen. I'm not sure how this game made it past quality assurance but this game is anything but a game. If you are looking for a login screen simulator this is an excellent choice; if you are looking for the sequel to the diablo series you have come to the wrong place. If you are really interested in a login screen simulator; I can save you $100. Hit the Windows logo key and the L key on your keyboard for a totally free login screen simulator that comes included with your copy of Windows. If you have any doubts about my review; please read the rest of the reviews. Blizzard has a few of its people posting positive reviews to trick people into buying the game, because they do not give refunds, but hopefully the gaming audience is smart enough to avoid that. Expand
  46. May 15, 2012
    Anyone who gave this game a 10 should get a psych eval... either that or the standards for games have fallen that low. There's absolutely no appeal in a dumbed-down D2 with slightly better graphics, a bulky RMAH, and online DRM that prohibits true single player. Simply said, Activision + Blizzard = Fail.

Gameplay: 2/10 Extremely dumbed down, what exactly were the devs thinking when

Gameplay: 2/10
    Extremely dumbed down, what exactly were the devs thinking when they decided to nix the skill tree in favor of some atrocious "customizable" rune system? It's hard to **** up an already perfected game genre (especially when Blizzard originally set the standard of dungeon-crawlers) but this game has actually done so. Wait it doesn't end there... Blizzard essentially signed a death warrant for its own game from Day 0. Introducing a Real Money Auction House has destroyed many RPGs whether MMOs or Single player (take a look at why Korean RPGs never really went international until recently). RMAH's destroy in-game economics and replay value so why introduce it at all? To snag up all the sales that the 3rd parties were getting in D2?

One of the greatest characteristics of D2 was to create a personal "build" for a class e.g. Rabies Druid. With D3, the makers of the game took away a very important facet of the franchise and this alone should hint at its unworthiness as a title in the Diablo series.

Graphics: 1/10
    Really now? Might as well have copied "Fate"'s cartoonish style. Maybe the consumers might've been more forgiving...

Sound: 6/10
    Great music as always, decent voice acting. Not the best but passable.

Controls: 3/10
    D3 attempt to carry on the Diablo series' tradition of 2-mouse button-oriented control playstyle is a bit nostalgic. But what happened to the innovation and ingenuity of the old Blizzard?

Story: 1/10
    Gone are the epic stories that once defined all Blizzard games. Throw together some half-*** bull**** set in the same environment as the other two games in the series, slap a Diablo logo on the game, and voila there you have it, the latest Diablo sequel.

Misc.: Only redeeming quality would be that it is still pretty addictive to play but I would attribute that to the type of game it is.
  47. May 23, 2012
    I waited years for this? It is simply not as good as I thought and a lot of people told me, the graphics should be way better, the "roleplaying" is simple, short and boeing. In the end it is named Diablo but it looks like World of Warcraft and plays like an 5-year old free to play game. After being a big fan of Diablo and Diablo II this is very disappointing, also you have to be loggedI waited years for this? It is simply not as good as I thought and a lot of people told me, the graphics should be way better, the "roleplaying" is simple, short and boeing. In the end it is named Diablo but it looks like World of Warcraft and plays like an 5-year old free to play game. After being a big fan of Diablo and Diablo II this is very disappointing, also you have to be logged onto the Internet (RDM) even if u are just playing single player... what cheek! This is just an awful rip-off! Expand
  48. May 24, 2012
    Such a HUGE disappointment. Even when I watched the trailers I thought it was way too much WoW about it, yet I still bought it. They deleted the possibility to distribute the stat points by yourself, there's not even a strength or dexterity requirement on the items anymore. Your spell damage is based on how great your WEAPONS damage is! Yeah, that's right, I'm not joking. There isn't evenSuch a HUGE disappointment. Even when I watched the trailers I thought it was way too much WoW about it, yet I still bought it. They deleted the possibility to distribute the stat points by yourself, there's not even a strength or dexterity requirement on the items anymore. Your spell damage is based on how great your WEAPONS damage is! Yeah, that's right, I'm not joking. There isn't even a skill tree anymore, instead, you gain a new skill/rune ability every level, which means that all characters of the same class will have an equal skill-setup in the end. The items are boring as hell, both by stats and look. PvP will be implented, but in arenas like WoW, with health globes popping up now and then. Bye, bye free dueling from Diablo II. If you liked everything about Diablo I & II, don't buy this game, it will disappoint you. Expand
  49. May 15, 2012
    This is not Diablo. This is a bad clone of the game that we knew and loved. Blizzard removed from the game are good things, and added a useless. I do not advise buying this game, it is the failure of Blizzard.
  50. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard basically ruined the Diablo series, with an internet connection needed and their servers **** up. If you liked Diablo 1/2, you will hate Diablo 3. The plot is Cliche #34, and really is bad. Don't waste your money.
  51. May 15, 2012
    A massive disappointment after putting hours upon hours into D2. A lot of the game is streamlined to the point of absurdity. Not only that, the single player experience is severely hampered by the need to be online at all times which wouldn't be that bad if could actually play the game instead of waiting for hours in the queue.
  52. May 28, 2012
    So I just finished the single player campaign, Diablo is dead. Hooray. The cut scenes were fantastic, Blizzard are amazing at those and always have been! I remember playing the original Diablo and being utterly blown away by the between game animations, and the same for WOW. Okay DRM is a pain and the servers died a few times in the beginning. But I'm not going to mark the game againstSo I just finished the single player campaign, Diablo is dead. Hooray. The cut scenes were fantastic, Blizzard are amazing at those and always have been! I remember playing the original Diablo and being utterly blown away by the between game animations, and the same for WOW. Okay DRM is a pain and the servers died a few times in the beginning. But I'm not going to mark the game against these, it seems to be the way most things are heading these days. It seems very much that the game engine isn't a million miles away from WOW, and uses a lot of the same graphics which in itself isn't such a bad thing as Blizzard always carry these things of with style, regardless of the cutesy graphics. However, the cutesy graphics do mean the atmosphere is not as oppresive as it was in the original games - it definitely loses something. Just to quickly cover the basics - Diablo is a game in which you run around dungeons and kill lots of critters. The main story is of a battle between heaven and hell and you basically level up until the story takes you to the Lord Diablo himself, who has rather rudely gate crashed the eternal realm. There are lots of weapons and armour drops all the way through and really the main crux of the game is in finding bigger and better armour and weapons. Once you start playing online with other players, the level of drops soon ramps up, as well as the difficulty level of the monsters.
    Now as this is Diablo 3 you cannot review the game without comparing it to it's predecessors, the same as if you were reviewing a film, and for me this is where the game falls down. The rather high scoring critic reviews suprise me because the fact of the matter is that this game seems to have gone nowhere. It used to be a simple hack and slash click-click-click game, with a variety of spells or actions, and plenty of loot items to pick up - including scrolls, which are one off spells to casts. It is still a simple hack and slash click-click-click game except LESS variety in spells/actions and no scrolls anymore. It feels very much like the game has been dumbed down for the masses. And the thing is, it's been 10 years. TEN. That's an awful long time to spend failing to progress. And on the side Blizzard already have WOW, so they have an absolute wealth of suitable graphics to use and a wealth of experience in fantasy games. They seem to have played the hand towards nostalgia rather than innovative gaming.
    So I would have to admit to being somewhat gutted about this game. It isn't awful, it just isn't new. And from an absolute powerhouse like Blizzard, I expect much more in terms of innovation and creativity, and I certainly don't expect them to move backwards in terms of complexity being as the first two games were not complex. And sadly it does seem to me that Blizzard are becoming more of a money making organisation than a serious developer of top quality games, especially after announcing their real money auction house. It is that great travesty of business and advertising - it ruins everything it comes into contact with. And Blizzard are slowly turning into a business enterprise, not a game developer. Many of the user reviews are scathing hit backs at the painful DRM system (meaning you cannot play single player without being online), which is perfectly understandable as it makes no sense to be online when you want to play by yourself. But I am much more upset about the lack of progress since Diablo II. Whoever came up with Diablo in the first instance was an absolute genius, and it was an amazing game. Whoever got hold of the license and created Diablo 3 should have doubled that genius with more involving and complex gameplay - they already had a great engine to work with! Instead, they seem to have lazily rehashed the game. It is addictive, that can't be denied, but if it was a piece of homework it would definitely have 'see me' written on it in red writing.
  53. Aug 16, 2013
    Hello, I'll be writing this review from a "Diablo 2 LOD player precept". I'm going to talk about what has been removed from D3, that D2 LOD did right "in my opinion."

- (No offline single player.) - (Battlenet System) - In D2 you could make your own games (Not in D3) - Only 4 Players in a game now from the previous 8 player games. - No longer having the option to choose your own

- (No offline single player.)
    - (Battlenet System)
    - In D2 you could make your own games (Not in D3)
    - Only 4 Players in a game now from the previous 8 player games.
    - No longer having the option to choose your own games to hop into.(old school item for item trading).
    - Lag or Downed Servers or Errors (Not really improved from D2, maybe even worse)
    - Botting still in the game
    *Up side for blizzard if a bot farms a nice item they share the profit with it
    - (Ladder System)
    *I cann't imagin restarts because of the real money auction house
    *-one of the worst ideas ever put into a Action game is holding back one of the best

- (Drop System)
    *Feels very unrewarding. Old system felt more rewarding because there was more items in the game.
    - Set items
    *there is no point in wearing a full set because there's normally no bonus for wearing all the pieces.
    - AH *You'll find the real gear on the real money auction house or a website.
    - No Runes meaning "No Runewords" So doesn't that mean white items are useless?
    - No Jewels
    - No Charms (Small Charms Large Charms Grand Charms Torchs or Annihilus or Gheeds Fortune)
    - No Ethreal items
    - Little to no Aura Spells on hit Items
    *One of the most fun Powerful items from D2

- (Way Points System)**************
    Just to Magic Find another Act you have to beat the one your in or Hop into another game

- (No Open World PvP System)

- (No Skills or Attrubites points System)
    *Characters feel less unique

- (No Valueable Quests)************
    *There isn't one Resistance or Stats Quest or Socket Quest or Skill Quest.
    *There are just mandatory quests in D3

- (Randomized Map Generating System)* Feels less randomized in D3

In D3 Every Characters Damage scales off of Weapon Damage. Unlike D2 where you had to make decisions on Crush Blow, Deadly Strike, Open Wounds, chance to cast a spell 1-3 to skills, Auras, +1-3 freeze target, Monsters rest in Peace, Prevents Monster heal.
    - Top lvl is hit way to fast You'll find yourself around act 3-4hell max level Still having another Difficultly
    to go, and you have to gear grind and do it a 4th time for no other reason then lets do it a 4th time.
    - The Old Cow level (with massive mobs of Cows wheeling Axe Polearms) lets just say its more like a flower, carebear, pony land.
    - Enraged Minions
    - Not having your mercenuary when playing with your friends.

The game has chanced alot "I feel like the game has went backwards". What really pisses me off tho was Blizzcon 2011 "Which you can watch on youtube." Blizzard showed off alot of idea's saying most were finalized "just some needed some fine tuning" Almost all of those idea's shown at blizzcon didn't made it into the game. There for I had no idea as to how D3 would look, sense what they showed me never made it into the game.
  54. May 18, 2012
    Ha ha ha! when i look at the user score and then at the Critics' reviews i cannot help but wonder - DO THE CRITICS GET PAID BY MAGNATE COMPANIES to write reviews? :D Amazing!
    In any case, i'll continue to chime the same bells - beside a necessity in net-connection (let's put this aside and try to concentrate objectively on the game itself) - Diablo 3 is a failure because it TAKES AWAY from what has made previous titles so successful - it takes away Uniqueness, Replayablility, Character Customization. Very disappointed. Gave 3/10 simply for the effort.
    Let's not waste the hard-earned cash on companies that drive greed instead of customer satisfaction. Have you really thought about THE GAMERS, Blizzard? The answer is obvious and oblivious.
    I know that i rather support hard-working indie-games, who actually think about me - THE GAMER, instead of giving my money to an undeserving monster machine that is driven by forces other than GAMER SATISFACTION, be that gamer hardcore fan, or a newbie.
  55. May 15, 2012
    The Diablo franchise has always been a distillation of the roguelike RPG experience, which bears the mechanics of a slot machine at its twitching heart, but D3 takes this minimalism a step further: in the absence of narrative tension (like Witcher, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate), atmosphere (say Diablo 1, Fallout series, Metro 2033), puzzle solving (Planescape: Torment, Ultima IV),The Diablo franchise has always been a distillation of the roguelike RPG experience, which bears the mechanics of a slot machine at its twitching heart, but D3 takes this minimalism a step further: in the absence of narrative tension (like Witcher, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate), atmosphere (say Diablo 1, Fallout series, Metro 2033), puzzle solving (Planescape: Torment, Ultima IV), character development (Fallout 1? Dragon Age? Forgotten Realms gold box titles?), or gee-whiz visuals (e.g., Skyrim), Diablo3 quickly devolves into a repetitive exercise for the reptilian brain, a glazed over mash-off where the only uncertainty is the Simoleon value of your next King's Kryss of Waste. Which is fine: plenty of gray-hairs wile away their last days in front of a Sex and the City video slot awaiting a semi-unpredictable dopamine rush, so it's not like this exercise in limbic system massage is inherently bad or anything. At least it wouldn't be inherently bad, were it not for the authoritarian DRM "features"...

Needing validation from the mothership to play single-player sucks on principle, but that doesn't matter; it just means the suits are in charge and the "talent" has little say as far as creative and engineering decisions go. The real problem lies in user experience, which robs the game of what little immersion a glorified slot machine can provide: as everyone and their grandmother knows, the Blizzard servers were down the better part of the day in the US, which meant no Diablo, c'est la vie, that's life in the cloud. But even when things are working more or less as they should, there's unfortunate consequences to this centralized approach, the biggest one being that you often have no idea where you'll end up on your own fictional timeline when you try to stop playing the game (and like many modern slot machines, D3 makes you watch a 10 second countdown timer before graciously allowing you to quit the game) ... for instance, if you use the old Rod of Recall to teleport into town, stash your swag in a dropbox, and then leave the game temporarily to sell your junk on D-bay, you'll find yourself time-warped to the last checkpoint except with the inventory and stats you didn't even have yet. Which is bearable, albeit disconcerting to anyone accustomed to the novel concept referred to as "Save Game" (which doesn't exist in this multiplayer-as-singleplayer paradigm), but the game unceremoniously boots you out of the present with alarming regularity ("connection lost"), so you end up fighting the same boss 5 times in a row, like some kind of solipsistic Groundhog Day MMORPG from hell. A different kind of time-warp occurs in real-time whenever the server burps, such that you end up rubber banding 5 second intervals like the Matrix scene with the black cat, thus the very fabric of reality depends on Blizzard's haphazard ability to dish it out. All told, this is the most disturbing sequel since Highlander 2 (or Dragon Age 2), and I hope some of the backlash bites the bums in the pocketbook.
  56. May 15, 2012
    As others have said, launch day server failures are an embarrassing but enlightening example of exactly how bad DRM is for gamers. Add that to boring, casualized gameplay and you have a shining (or should I say reeking) example of the state of the gaming industry today.
  57. May 15, 2012
    This game epitomizes the intrusiveness of digital right management done wrong. Always online connectivity does not translate well to a game that has single player elements. What if I don't want to play online? Maybe I want to play my character in single player and then later bring him online? That way, I don't have to deal with disconnects while I'm trying to progress, sluggish AI andThis game epitomizes the intrusiveness of digital right management done wrong. Always online connectivity does not translate well to a game that has single player elements. What if I don't want to play online? Maybe I want to play my character in single player and then later bring him online? That way, I don't have to deal with disconnects while I'm trying to progress, sluggish AI and server lag in general?

As far as gameplay goes, this game improves the combat with varying builds and skills, and the runes were a nice addition to change the function of some abilities. However the value of creating a build is lost because any build can be changed on the fly with no penalty. So the game is very homogenized and boring because of it. Eventually players will find the best build for every boss in the game, and everyone will copy this mathematically correct way of maximizing damage done and minimizing damage taken. While this did occur in Diablo II as well, if someone decided to do a different build for variety they couldn't just switch over when they felt like it to that cookie cutter build. Adding a focus on health orbs and removing the excessive use of potions I found to be a plus overall, though I think potions in this new system should have become more rare (not buyable at a vendor) so we'd come to value potions and rely on random health orbs more.

Graphics and atmosphere are out the window. Blizzard decided they wanted a Teen rated Diablo, and they made it. This game does not resemble Diablo as a franchise in any way, nothing is gorey, bloody, or satanic. There are spurts of blood on monster when they die, but the bodies disappear quickly. I miss seeing bodies hanging on meat hooks with the Butcher standing behind a bloodied chopping block, just waiting for the unsuspecting adventurer to stumble upon him and run for their lives. "Fresh Meat..." he'd say and you'd go running scared. Graphics might have been technically impressive for a game in 2004. I realize this was a conscious design choice but there's a reason games have low - max settings, for scalability. Max on Diablo III is just low graphics with some shadows and more clutter. Nothing has that satanic vibe from older Diablo games, and I play Diablo for the atmosphere and story primarily. They lost me on both these parts. The story is garbage, no spoilers, but it's just insulting to your intelligence if you value story.
    Overall, graphics are a huge step back, style is reminiscent of Blizzards World of Warcraft, very kid friendly. I would liken Diablo III atmosphere to that house on Halloween whose decorations were bought at Wal-mart. They resemble things that could be scary but just look cheap and underwhelming.

Overall not a good game, do not recommend you buy it if you are a fan of the older games. Though I'd recommend Titan Quest or Diablo II over this, D2 aged quite well and is still fun today.
  58. May 15, 2012
    I have been one of Blizzard's longest and most stupidly loyal fans. I have bought and played every game they've released with the exception of Warcraft I, and never for anything less than a matter of months. But if they could see how poorly Diablo III is actually functioning on my end, I'm certain they would be professionally embarrassed.

With anything less than an ironclad connection,

With anything less than an ironclad connection, the performance of the game is simply appalling. I played Everquest on a 56k connection in the late 90's, and only the rarest of the worst lagspikes would cause issues like I'm seeing with Diablo III. And unlike that case, I don't mean occasionally: the BEST performance comes with about 3-5 seconds of delay between input and output for ANY action, enemies ghost about half the distance of the screen for every movement, I'm rubberbanded all over the place to the point where my only character deaths have occurred several screens over from what was hitting me, I could go on.

The merits of online-only DRM are one thing; I can honestly, without an ounce of anger or rose-colored nostalgia, say I've never seen any online game function so horribly in my entire gaming history, going as far back as Windows 3.1 and AOL when I was just a kid playing on my parents' dime and phone time. I've never before considered getting a refund from a game, and the fact that I'm considering doing so from a Blizzard title is a bigger disappointment than I can come up with a clever analogy for. I didn't even want my money back for the Star Wars prequels, and I felt physically nauseous from shame as I witnessed those animated first-draft fridge-magnet-quality disasters unfold.

In all fairness, I'm going to give this game two weeks to see if these problems get sorted out. But as bad as it is, I'm seriously wondering if this is a deliberate attempt on Activision's part to kill the brand name. I want to enjoy this game, I really do. But I can't as long as it doesn't actually work. And that's what kills me: up until now, the Blizzard name meant that they took as long as they needed to to release a finished product: and now (undoubtedly due to executive meddling) they've tossed out something that doesn't even work. Flaws I can overlook, (the only other company I'm a bigger unapologetic fanboy for is Bugthesda) but the game has to at least be playable. This... this is simply, unarguably, downright broken.
  59. May 15, 2012
    I was so excited to play, and I did for like 30 minutes, now for the past few hours I can't connect. I have a real life and job, so I can only play for an hour, maybe 2 tops at a time. I can't do anything with this game due to errors. If you are going to do an always online requirement, you better have your act together and prevent this from happening. First impressions are everything.I was so excited to play, and I did for like 30 minutes, now for the past few hours I can't connect. I have a real life and job, so I can only play for an hour, maybe 2 tops at a time. I can't do anything with this game due to errors. If you are going to do an always online requirement, you better have your act together and prevent this from happening. First impressions are everything. The game looks promising, but I can't review on promise, only on what is, and right now, that is I have a $60 paper coaster on my desk. Expand
  60. May 19, 2012
    The corporation behind this game acts as a maniacal psychotic money hoarder. I wouldn't even call it a "game company". Just look and think for yourself a little. Monstrous income of around half a billion EUR every month for several years from WOW alone. Notice how all the big corrupted reviewers gave 90% and more. This is a joke. And they put in an always-online-DRM for you inside andThe corporation behind this game acts as a maniacal psychotic money hoarder. I wouldn't even call it a "game company". Just look and think for yourself a little. Monstrous income of around half a billion EUR every month for several years from WOW alone. Notice how all the big corrupted reviewers gave 90% and more. This is a joke. And they put in an always-online-DRM for you inside and ignore Linux platforms... Expand
  61. May 15, 2012
    I played this game during open beta. I was so hyped up from the first murmurs while playing Diablo 2. However this game, like my name implies, has failed horribly. I honestly think Blizzard took no pride in the original Diablo series and made this game a cookie cutter for money, I might have given it a 1/10 if it was for the lulz. The story was horrible, the character creation is horrible,I played this game during open beta. I was so hyped up from the first murmurs while playing Diablo 2. However this game, like my name implies, has failed horribly. I honestly think Blizzard took no pride in the original Diablo series and made this game a cookie cutter for money, I might have given it a 1/10 if it was for the lulz. The story was horrible, the character creation is horrible, you can't even play single player. I think what we learned here is that if we buy games in the future, To stay away from Blizzard Expand
  62. May 15, 2012
    I can forgive them for messing up the launch. I can forgive them for DRM, but I can't forgive them for making a game that bores me within 30 minutes of playing. Where's the Diablo Magic? It's just bland and repetitive and such a grind. High production values not a game make.
  63. May 15, 2012
    Perfect example of why DRM is ruining the video game industry, and Blizzard is leading the way. Absolutely disgusting. Blizzard makes millions upon millions and still can't seem to treat paying customers the way they deserve to be treated.
  64. May 16, 2012
    DRM destroyed this game for me. Blizzard is basically the Google of online gaming, at this point. I can't be convinced that they are so incompetent as to have the exact same result with every game they release. I suspect they are intentionally sandbagging their launches to drive demand down until it can be met by server capacity. I really wish I hadn't bought this game.

Crackpot

Crackpot theories aside the game itself feels more like a tribute to Diablo than an actual part of the series. The gameplay would have seemed modern and innovative if it had been released 10 years ago but compared to the current crop of Diablo-a-likes it's just sort of bland. The level of difficulty is frustrating in that the majority of the game is a clicky snooze fest until you're awoken by some random miniboss instakilling you. But hey, at least there's an auction house, right?

Anyway... of the two points I'm awarding this game, one comes from the fact that it aroused my nostalgia for its predecessors... which was enjoyable. The second is for the beautiful environments that act as the game's setting. The graphics might be a little dated but the sense of scale and wonder evoked by the game world is actually quite lovely.
  65. May 16, 2012
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS S*! PS I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! :[ 10+ YEARS OF WAITING AND THIS IS IT?! NON-STOP PROBLEMS WITH LOGGING ,IN GAME LAGGING .. POOR STORY THE GAME IS SUCKS !1 I AM SO ANGRY SORRY:(
  66. Jun 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3 is a solid 2, and I'm being generous.

Server Stability: -3
    -The first week you could not play the game

-In release a week after, the Auction House was not available for use and it still has problems

-In release three weeks into release, the Auction House can't sell plans or trade goods due to the server

-Latency in game play can and will cause you to instantly die in Inferno Act 2+

Skill Tree: 8
    -The new skill tree allows you to change skills on the fly and it is very helpful

-You can use skills from the same skill families on your hot bar

Fight Mechanics -2
    -The fight mechanics up to and including Inferno Act 1 is an 8, because there really is no one build that you have to run and you can take a hit if you need to be in close doing damage.

-The fight mechanics from Inferno Act 2 and onward is a -10, because if you take 1 or 2 hits you are instantly dead. All classes including Warriors and Monks are forced to Kite, you have no other viable solution, you have to KITE. You are forced to play the game under a very limited and narrow design of skills.

Loot Drop -1
    -You don't get loot that is useful to the class you are currently playing. Instead 99% of the time when you do get a useful loot drop, it is good for another class. You have to go to the Auction House and sell it and then use the money to buy the item that should have dropped for you. Most other modern RPG's have set it up where loot that drops is at least geared towards your class, but not Blizzard they know better. In reality, the loot system is set up to force you to use the Real Money Auction House to buy gear. Basically, Diablo 3 is a pay to play Microtransaction based MMO (Asian style). It blows, it blows, it blows.

The game gets a solid 2, and that is all that it deserves.

Lastly, whoever decided to make Diablo at transexual at Blizzard should be fired. I don't want to see a Diablo with **** it is NOT RIGHT. Thanks for pulling a George Lucas and raping what was my favorite RPG franchise.

Buy Torchlight 2 if you want to play a better game.
  67. May 15, 2012
    DRM has to GO Blizzard!!!!! I want to be able to play this game years to come and what if your company decides to shut down the servers? Let me play the game I paid my money for without some BS always online crap. The game itself is awesome so far, but I can't play because your servers are down again. I like the art style of the game and music/sounds, combat is fun too. Unless you removeDRM has to GO Blizzard!!!!! I want to be able to play this game years to come and what if your company decides to shut down the servers? Let me play the game I paid my money for without some BS always online crap. The game itself is awesome so far, but I can't play because your servers are down again. I like the art style of the game and music/sounds, combat is fun too. Unless you remove DRM or at least make option to play offline, I will give your game bad rep and 1 point out of 10. Fix your mess and I will think about changing my mind about score. Thank you!!!! Expand
  68. May 15, 2012
    I am so angry that I can't get enough of it!! With extreme exasperation I am telling that I like what I am seeing so far however my anger can't suppressed any longer so I am going ahead and be blunt and very harsh: It exceeded all my expectations! How dare you, Blizzard, for making a game actually fun to play, I really hoped you would never be capable of doing it even after these longI am so angry that I can't get enough of it!! With extreme exasperation I am telling that I like what I am seeing so far however my anger can't suppressed any longer so I am going ahead and be blunt and very harsh: It exceeded all my expectations! How dare you, Blizzard, for making a game actually fun to play, I really hoped you would never be capable of doing it even after these long years of waiting and then this!? Unbelievable! What were you thinking when you created this gem and possible piece of new reference for this genre!? A thousand curses upon you for actually making an intuitive interface and learned from the clunky approach you exposed us to in Diablo 2! Don't get me started with the skill and rune system, with madness troubling my mind I have to yet to find out the many more choices and dynamics it has to offer, you didn't even dare to gamble, you outright tossed the old cookie-cutter-inducing skill system out of the window!? With fiery rage coursing through my veins I am having troubles of expressing the sheer ingenuity of creating this annoyingly well-thought out crafting system. At least my ill temper I should not overlook the graphical aspect which while not sporting the highest fidelity makes me seethe with incredible anger about it still looking well-crafted and could you please not try to lower yourself a bit, why does it always have to be the highest quality when it comes to sound!? Such indigenously good quality shall not be left unmentioned to the world! With unfathomable hatred I am looking forward of spending many times playing this game! I am through with waiting, I've had enough of it, finally it is done and too much dismay it didn't disappoint. Wrathfully yours, Mr.Unbiased. Expand
  69. May 15, 2012
    It's a shame Blizzard would take an amazing series with such a devoted fan base and bastardize it in such a way. No pvp outside of arenas is a joke, real money auction house is a joke, and lack of offline play is a joke. I don't think anyone in the developing team ever even played Diablo 1 or 2. Blizzard went out of it's way to appeal to World of Warcraft players, and it is painfullyIt's a shame Blizzard would take an amazing series with such a devoted fan base and bastardize it in such a way. No pvp outside of arenas is a joke, real money auction house is a joke, and lack of offline play is a joke. I don't think anyone in the developing team ever even played Diablo 1 or 2. Blizzard went out of it's way to appeal to World of Warcraft players, and it is painfully obvious. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU ENJOYED DIABLO 1 OR 2!!!! Expand
  70. May 16, 2012
    Game dont work man. Whats worse is that it seems fairly fun and addictive, kinda ruined when you can play for about an hour and the servers go down. From my count Ive had approximately 4 interruptions in about 6 hours of play over 2 days. Im sure there have been many more for others.
    The online only is frankly ridiculous for a single player game, and having latency in a point/twitch game like this is just awful.
  71. May 15, 2012
    My first review gave this game one point because it is technically a game. In fact, I'd like to take that point away. This is not a game. It's a scam.
  72. May 21, 2012
    I'm a Diablo's series fan since Diablo 1 and I don't like this third game. I am a player of WoW too, and this Diablo 3 is more like a WoW. Oversimplified in general: storyline, skill, stats (no points to distribute)... Very simplified graphic, without detail, empty stages. Connection and installation errors (not the worst for me but it should be mentioned). Artwork and design very wellI'm a Diablo's series fan since Diablo 1 and I don't like this third game. I am a player of WoW too, and this Diablo 3 is more like a WoW. Oversimplified in general: storyline, skill, stats (no points to distribute)... Very simplified graphic, without detail, empty stages. Connection and installation errors (not the worst for me but it should be mentioned). Artwork and design very well done and so much hype but the game content is not enough. Casual game. Expand
  73. May 15, 2012
    Sitting at around 60% uptime. Thats a D- where I come from. Graphics are decent but really nothing to write home about these days. This game lost all of it's soul. No character customization .. pay to win RMAH? really? Is it better than 3rd party sites selling stuff? Who cares? it's evil. The only thing they got right was the gore.
  74. May 15, 2012
    I definitely was looking forward to this game. However, even based on the fact this game was hotly anticipated as the next greatest thing to move the franchise forward, it feels much more like a step backward. Firstly. I need to get this off of my chest, than I'll get into the actual review: Digital Rights Management is flat out inexcusable this day and age for single player games. I wasI definitely was looking forward to this game. However, even based on the fact this game was hotly anticipated as the next greatest thing to move the franchise forward, it feels much more like a step backward. Firstly. I need to get this off of my chest, than I'll get into the actual review: Digital Rights Management is flat out inexcusable this day and age for single player games. I was tolerant of when Blizzard decided to install DRM into Starcraft II when it was released, mostly because it is a multiplayer game where lies the heart of the game. Diablo III is NOT required to be played in multiplayer to enjoy this game. I refuse to support a positive review on this point alone. Now on to the actual review:

- Art style is very reminiscent of "World of Warcraft", very cartoony and animated; For a game such as Diablo III where it is 'supposed' to be grim, dark, and scary, it is neither of these things. I suppose the development team wanted to make it 'accessible' to woo the casual gamers, this come at the cost of the overall mood and I just don't buy into it and the quite figuratively pulls all of the emotional impact it has on the overall gamer, I don't feel sucked into the game. - The music in this game is fantastic, and hits the ball out of the park this time. I couldn't help but feel that this is the production quality even higher than what would be found in big budget movies and the 'canned' movie scores, reminiscent of the Avengers movie that was released. Well done, music producers!

- The skill tree based system is well thought out and complex, especially once you get into the advanced ratings. It is a departure of the old 'Diablo I and II' skill management system, and a welcome change. However, for those hoping for 'more of the same', will be disappointed.

- Gameplay is boring and repetitive, even playing with friends is boring. Was hoping for more synergy between classes when playing multiplayer, but alas there is none. Absolutely no synergy. Looks like you're on the own on this one, even when playing with friends. - Lastly, there is no excuse for having defects on the production day, and shutting down the login servers so users can play the game they paid for. DRM is a travesty, and really for a game like this, which has been under development for quite literally 4+ years, it should be shipped bug free. Now we can't even play the game because their servers are down (thanks, DRM) , even when they've had adequate time to beta test, adequate time to stress test, and adequate time to design the application. I am disappointed in the execution of this game and I don't think I will be investing much time in it in the future, will be spending much more time playing Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2 when they come out. This game will tide me over until than.
  75. May 16, 2012
    The game itself is probably an 8/10, but the DRM sinks it straight down to a negative score. Unfortunately, I can't give it a negative score, so I have to go with 0 for now. DRM is the hemorrhage of the gaming industry, and it's time developers actually listen to their customers.
  76. May 19, 2012
    Why should I have to be online to play the game in single player? Why should I have to accept downtime for server maintenance for a single player game? If always online DRM is the future of games count me out, epic fail!
  77. May 28, 2012
    I spent about 15 hours with this game trying to get into it the control system is just to old skool for me tastes. The control of the character is simply to basic and even though there lots of abilities the tactics and actual combat are way to simplistic. It would have been so much better if I could have played using a control pad. The graphics are detailed but dated and character modelsI spent about 15 hours with this game trying to get into it the control system is just to old skool for me tastes. The control of the character is simply to basic and even though there lots of abilities the tactics and actual combat are way to simplistic. It would have been so much better if I could have played using a control pad. The graphics are detailed but dated and character models are poor. The sound and story are not very good and seem badly done. The game-play is bland there`s no reason for it to be online at all the multi player is worse than single player. The game need to be brought into the present it wasn`t that good when it first came out Baulders Gate was and still is a far better game. Expand
  78. May 15, 2012
    I am not giving it a low score in relation to servers/online/drm none of that...

I am giving them a low score because they have killed Diablo franchise. There is absolutely 0 customization between your maxxed level character and another person's of the same class. No skill points to choose where they go, no nothing. Now with just opening your skill menu and re-slotting, everyone can be the exact same ALA WoW. The amount of work and time spent toward the game to turn it from a unique, skill based, highly customizable character/game process, into a casual gamer who just got off WoW to play for a couple of hours, is very impressive.

The graphics are quite sad. It looks just like a cartoon, very WoWish... I f**king hate WoW. Why is every blizzard game slowly starting to make their games look like crap, I mean seriously...

I have everything on the highest resolution, and trust me, my system can MORE than handle it, and it runs at a flawless 150 fps (more if I set it's max frames up), and it just looks like crap. I could understand if this artwork and what not was done in 2004 alongside of WoW... but it is sadly 2012 and with more recent dungeon crawlers hitting the market with graphics 30 times better than this, it is a sad story.

The game dungeon defenders on Iphone/android has about the same graphics as this, and that is NOT a joke.

Graphics are not everything, I give you that. Gameplay is a big part of it. That is about the only thing this game is close to having, but once you take away any form of customization, skill and talent, and turn it into a 4 button mashfest with whose gear is better than the others, I see no need to grind for days and days, and feel content after 1 run on normal mode. The gameplay is why I gave it a 2. The rest of the problems is what kept the score there.
  79. May 19, 2012
    1) No preparation. They were not able to handle the pre-orders with their server so that people wasted a day (the first day) and their 60 euros of pre-ordering waiting in front of the desktop like ****
    2) The quest is unique (and in my opinion not so long) without any secondary mission just to extend the game.
    3) The game is reduced to be a game where people just have to reach high levels
    3) The game is reduced to be a game where people just have to reach high levels without fun.

A game like this isnt worth 60 euros, just saying.
  80. May 20, 2012
    Diablo 1 was probably the first gory game that I have bought and played for a really long time. After years, me playing Diablo would become sort of a gag for people at my dorm (click-click-click...). Then Diablo 2 came around and it was the first time I ever pre-ordered a game. And what a surprise that was. Pixelated, somewhat colorful graphics, no gruesome dying animations and magic itemsDiablo 1 was probably the first gory game that I have bought and played for a really long time. After years, me playing Diablo would become sort of a gag for people at my dorm (click-click-click...). Then Diablo 2 came around and it was the first time I ever pre-ordered a game. And what a surprise that was. Pixelated, somewhat colorful graphics, no gruesome dying animations and magic items that would drop very rarely and not be as interesting as those in Diablo 1. But... over time and thanks to a couple of patches that fixed the item drop rate, I got to appreciate at least the basic gameplay. Still... not nearly as good as the first one.
    And now... Diablo 3. The disaster has been long in the making. For one thing, even less impressive graphics for its time than Diablo 2. Even more stylized. No dying animations at all, just crappy rag doll **** AND the world's most awful DRM: always on.
    At least one person here is complaining about people bashing new mainstream games. Well... that's because they suck! Every single one of them that gets very low ratings has screwed up something in at least one major way. I actually find it very disappointing that e.g. that bug-ridden, visually pretty unimpressive Skyrim still got fairly high ratings. It is GOOD when people fight against the **** that is being produced increasingly these days! And you know what people should do instead of only rating it low? Not even buy such pieces of crap! Because with that, you're only encouraging those companies to keep making games that are of sub-par quality.
  81. May 15, 2012
    one would expect that the company that serves millions of WoW users would have servers ready for the most anticipated game in 2012.
    also, no attributes points customization, whats up with that??
  82. May 15, 2012
    wow what is this i paid for?? so bad, cannot log in or do anything without a stupid internet connection. thank god amazon let me return it. diablo one was awesome, diablo 2 was ok, but this is crap. no more blizzard games ever!
  83. May 15, 2012
    As if removing all of the content that made Diablo II enjoyable, Diablo III is a clear demonstration of how Blizzard hardly cares for their fanbase anymore. It is amazing to think that any video game publisher and developer, especially one of the biggest and most impressive, could put out something this ransacked with problems. And this isn't even the Error 27 - the worst is Error 3006.As if removing all of the content that made Diablo II enjoyable, Diablo III is a clear demonstration of how Blizzard hardly cares for their fanbase anymore. It is amazing to think that any video game publisher and developer, especially one of the biggest and most impressive, could put out something this ransacked with problems. And this isn't even the Error 27 - the worst is Error 3006. 3004, 3007 and 300008. And when Blizzard finally provides people with some solutions... guess what! The link brings up a 404 Error. Even their solutions have errors.

This is just plain embarrassing and it makes me sick to my stomach to think that so many people have paid money for a game that they can no longer play through no fault of their own. Blizzard told their fans flat-out to just go play other games when they're unable to play Diablo III. Guess what?

That's exactly what I intend to do. Max Payne 3 came out today and that game at least actually WORKS.
  84. May 15, 2012
    I can not even begin to describe my disappointment, the entire game is a bug. EA servers are terrible and there speed is at a crawl. Offline gameplay, lol nope.flv
  85. May 15, 2012
    There is a lot of people giving the game a bad score because the servers are acting up, I however, will cast my focus on the core aspects of the game.

Diablo 3 is an action RPG where you create a hero to battle the fiends of Hell and in the end kill the final boss Diablo. The game is very well polished, but the game also lack many major elements to create a fun game experience; There is absolutley zero costumization and the game is overly linnear. The lack of innovation makes this game more a money grabber for Blizzard than an actual fun experience. Blizzard is slowly convergning towards EA in greed and Bioware in game design.
  86. May 15, 2012
    I'm not sure who at Blizz/Activision thought it was a good idea *cough* Bobby Kotick *cough*, but loot is the reason for this game! It's not a lie or point of opinion, if you played as much D2 or Diablo 2 knock offs as me you know that's the drive, hell back when D3 was first previewing Blizzard at the time said so themselves ( I also got to play the game back then it was WAAY better andI'm not sure who at Blizz/Activision thought it was a good idea *cough* Bobby Kotick *cough*, but loot is the reason for this game! It's not a lie or point of opinion, if you played as much D2 or Diablo 2 knock offs as me you know that's the drive, hell back when D3 was first previewing Blizzard at the time said so themselves ( I also got to play the game back then it was WAAY better and way more hectic). So adding a real money auction house is just nonsense, for any other game it'd be like buying the end of the game, or being able to pay money to get a max lv character in WoW. Expand
  87. May 15, 2012
    This game may have been fun 10 years ago but video games as a whole have evolved so much this rehashed formula just doesn't work. Combat is boring and lacklaster after the first day. Skill system needs improvement. No content after you beat the game. D2 just felt right because it was a technological advancement back then. This does nothing, for video games or for me.
  88. May 15, 2012
    i actually got in for about 20 min before servers went to hell.not bad but not great.average at best.there is no excuse for the game not being playable considering the amount of time it toolk to get released.the irony is that people giving this game a 10 and calling the rest of us trolls for being pist at the lack of polish for a game thats been in development for 12yrs are in fact trollsi actually got in for about 20 min before servers went to hell.not bad but not great.average at best.there is no excuse for the game not being playable considering the amount of time it toolk to get released.the irony is that people giving this game a 10 and calling the rest of us trolls for being pist at the lack of polish for a game thats been in development for 12yrs are in fact trolls themselves.60$ in this economy is alot for pc game,shame on you blizzard for treating your fans with such little regard. :( Expand
  89. May 15, 2012
    It's just a horrible game. I will leave my opinion of DRM out of the rating system, since even if the system is horrible, the industry has to do what it can.

This "game" is nothing but a dumbed down click adventure. Hold down left click, win everything up to Hell mode. Do not buy this game until it is around $9. It's worth maybe $4. I was not a die-hard fan of Diablo 2, but I do have slightly fond memories. There was no lost nostalgia here, this just felt like someone's school project submitted under a major label.

The story was lazy, the combat boring, and the music repetitive. I enjoyed the voices, but that wasn't much of a comfort. Honestly, if you have to go through the full game and change a mode to "see the real thing" as I was challenged to do, the product has already failed.

Gave it a chance, Diablo 3 simply does not deliver.
  90. May 18, 2012
    All I can say is: Blizzard thank you for introducing us to a revolution in game design: the introduction of LAG and SERVER DISCONNECTS into the single player experience. To make things even better, you're doing all this at the service of a feature that isn't even going to be implemented in the near future. I understand you want to essentially employ the third world to gold farm for you soAll I can say is: Blizzard thank you for introducing us to a revolution in game design: the introduction of LAG and SERVER DISCONNECTS into the single player experience. To make things even better, you're doing all this at the service of a feature that isn't even going to be implemented in the near future. I understand you want to essentially employ the third world to gold farm for you so that you can make money off them, but keep that **** out of my game. Expand
  91. May 22, 2012
    Game is great! But dictating when I am allowed to play it is not worthy of a single point. If Blizzard wishes to force us to login to the game then as a consumer I expect Blizzard to be online when I wish to play Diablo III.
  92. May 24, 2012
    Big letdown. It has 40 hours of meaningful gameplay - inferno difficulty is nothing but a scam to get people to buy gear off the real money auction house. It's so hard the only strategies are not fun, and no amount of gear changes that. The game is an infinite treadmill of terrible past the first 40 hours. Do not buy.

The item system is extremely dull and oversimplified. Dick and

The item system is extremely dull and oversimplified. Dick and Jane books are more interesting.
  93. May 15, 2012
    Started off by having to wait hours before my payment was transferred (kept for hours in queue).
    Meanwhile the downloader bugged out on me for some freak reason,getting errors.
    After hours of misfortune and eventually got everything running I tried to log-on but kept getting errors like error 37.

This is the worst launch of any game in history.
  94. Sep 23, 2012
    Ok, I put a 5 /10 like two months ago, I really thought that review I did was balanced. Many people found my last review helpful, but I was completely wrong. I will explain why I now think I what I wrote is completely off the mark.Here was my last review:

I will try to be objective. First of all I think it is unrealistic to give this game a 0 or a 10. It is neigther a total disaster or a masterpiece. I will try to explain the score I ahve given. First of all I consider myself a casual gamer. The games I buy I usually do from Steam and I wait for special offers. I do not mind playing old games and I do so for the fun. Diablo III is an exception. Diablo II was probably the game I most enjoyed playing in my teen years and I was willing to pay 60$ for Diablo III. I think the game is fun and a nice way to keep distracted when you are bored, but I am a bit dissapointed at what it offers given its price. Maybe its my expectations given the fun I had with Diablo II are the reason for my dissapointment. First of all, I do not like that all characters will eventually have the same skills... There is no room for thinking out new builds and try them out. Also, beeing a solo player, I was very surprised at the fact that I will need to play always online. I think that is a deal breaker for many people. First of all beacause I share my internet connection, secondly becasue if I pay 60$ I will want to have access to the game whenever I want. Online playing really is not necessary I think. As for the game itself, I am half way trough nightmare difficulty and it starts to feel like the level of difficulty of diablo II. Normal difficulty was a breeze but I am happy to see that the level of skill required and plannification of fights is required in the next levels. I am not really fussed about the story, but I have to say that after 12 years in development it feels a bit empty. As for the good aspects of the game, I think it all comes down to if you are having fun or not. I am having fun at the moment. I expected more for for 60$ though...... The game feels like a diablo game, the dungeons are a bit smaller than before, but the monsters are very similar, you can even recognice many of them from Diablo II. The boss fights aren't as challenging though.... Anyway, just to sum up. I am giving this game a 5 out of 10. The biggest deduction comes when taking in mind the relation of what you pay and what you really get. The game is simply not worth that price, and it really does feel as a game that could have been created in 2005 or 2006.... It surprises me from a company like Blizzard who usually delivers good products. The internet connection is simply not fair for solo players, and I don't really think it is needed. Anyway, if you want to spend your money in a Dungeon crawler I advise to anyone who is not sure about buying the game or not to wait for Torchlight 2, created by the same developers of Diablo II. You will get a very similar product for 1/3 of Diablo III price. Just don't rush to buy this game just because it says Diablo in its tittle. It is not terrible, but you will hardly have the fun you had with the previos games. Overall I am dissapoint, but will try to make teh best of it and have fun. I hope this review helps you make a decision. Have fun everyone!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After playing Torchlight II, I have to say that it delivers much much more than Diablo 2, which I only managed to play for 1 month before quiting. Getting what you get for Torchlight II at 1/3 of the price of Diablo III is just outstanding, its even hard to believe. The rewards, the progression, the customization, the atmosphere, the balance, but above everything else THE FUN!!!! All these things not only make Torchligh II an excelent game, but make Diablo III with 10 times the budget than Torchilight II a complete and utter failure 3 times as expensive and 3 times less polished.
    Really. If you read this do not buy Diablo 3. Do not make that mistake. The mistake I and many others made because we had a nice time playing Diablo II and thought Diablo 3 would be its continuation. It is not. Do not bother. Go for Torchlight. You can buy 3 copies and its still cheaper than diablo... I feel so stupid now... Hope this helps you! Have fun everyone!
  95. May 15, 2012
    One of the worst play time to cost ratios. I could have a whole day at a paintball stadium for the money I shelled for this game, which, due to an unstable internet connection, I can't even play smoothly, even though I'm only interested in single player.

Good job, Blizzard.
  96. May 18, 2012
    $59.99 better spent elsewhere.
    + It has the Diablo brand name on it. I guess that's a plus...
    - Gameplay, graphics, sound, plot, mechanics, servers (this one MIGHT be fixed, eventually), pay to win auction house, hyper-aggressive Blizzard fanboys, online only
  97. May 18, 2012
    First and foremost, this game is simply broke.

Because of the required, always online DRM, if you have the slightest hiccup at all over your connection, you get disconnected. Yes, so you're playing BY YOURSELF, in what is essentially a SINGLE PLAYER GAME, and you will lose your progress every 5 - 15 minutes. Oh, that's not all. If you have any latency at all, you have lag in your
    First and foremost, this game is simply broke.

Oh, that's not all. If you have any latency at all, you have lag in your game. So, yes again, YOUR SINGLE PLAYER GAME WILL LAG because Blizzard (for what appears to only be selfish reasons) requires you to have always online DRM.

One might hope that "well at least the game (when you can actually play it) is good, right?"

I wish I could tell you it's a good game. It is 2012 and this game looks 10 years old. At least. No joke.

And, then the controls just plain suck. It might because of the 300+ ms of latency that the current servers are running at; hard to tell, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and *hope* that the gameplay improves if they do something with their servers (but why should they have to?!?!...) But really, how hard should it be to Point.. and Click... in a single player experience?

I really wish I could 'review' the game. I mean, I've been waiting for this game for like 4 or 5 years when I heard the first rumors of a Diablo 3, but despite getting the game immediately on release day, I've only been able to play for a total of 4 hours or so because of the constant disconnections.

I really don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a game. And that is really saying a lot.
  98. May 18, 2012
    this game is just a piece of junk! story is terrible, voice acting is terrible, level designs and creatures are horrible! are we waiting for 12 years for this s##t...

i remember a quote from blizzard when they cancelled the development of diablo 3 being made by bliizard north nearly 3 years ago: "The cancelled diablo 3 was blizzard north kind of game". Well for me this diablo 3 is looks

Well for me this diablo 3 is looks more like as we know Blizzard "sucking" kind of game...

Really dissapointment.
  99. May 15, 2012
    A bland game, shackled with horrendous DRM. Even without the DRM, which prevents you from playing offline, the game is consistantly bland, not nearly worth the generous $60 price tag Blizzard happily slapped the game with. And I don't even need to tell you the login screen errors everyone has been getting. Overall, it is a complete disaster.
  100. May 16, 2012
    Activision Blizzard has failed to design their game properly.
    If you can get past the flaws of the game (legalized gold selling via their auction house, etc) -- there's the hard fact that their servers have to be up for me to play the game -- even in single player.

I'm asking for a refund. If I don't get one, I'm denying the charges to my credit card. Goodbye, Bliz.
  101. Jun 5, 2012
    100% not worth the money. If you think you are getting a great addition to epic Diablo 1 and 2 you are wrong. Class progression system is gone - no more points that can be assigned. Very linear development with all emphasis on your armor/weapons. Special abilities are 80% crap. Game feels like slash and hack type of game with Starcraft 2 type of cut scenes that look horrible (even voices100% not worth the money. If you think you are getting a great addition to epic Diablo 1 and 2 you are wrong. Class progression system is gone - no more points that can be assigned. Very linear development with all emphasis on your armor/weapons. Special abilities are 80% crap. Game feels like slash and hack type of game with Starcraft 2 type of cut scenes that look horrible (even voices are the same - Kerrigan anyone?). Graphics is sad, atmosphere nowhere to be found. Item system is crap I can't see any reason behind it but to make more $$ on weapons. Whats up with stash being so small? Music and sound is pretty bad as well. I feel that D2 and D1 had people working on them that really cared about the final product and were interested in making something long lasting that people would call EPIC, this game was not made by the same people. Overall if i have had a second chance i would not purchase this game that I waited for for so long. Blizzard, give me my money back. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012