4.0

1. Aug 15, 2012
    Most games you play until you get bored. Diablo 3 I played until I hated it and then some. I played 120 hours, which seems great for $60...but the game is terribly disappointing. I only kept playing because of how much I enjoyed Diablo 2. My single biggest complaint is that every level 60 character is exactly the same. There is absolutely no customization. All that distinguishes theMost games you play until you get bored. Diablo 3 I played until I hated it and then some. I played 120 hours, which seems great for $60...but the game is terribly disappointing. I only kept playing because of how much I enjoyed Diablo 2. My single biggest complaint is that every level 60 character is exactly the same. There is absolutely no customization. All that distinguishes the best barbarian from the worst barbarian is gear, which you can buy on the AH for real dollars of which Blizzard takes a portion. The quests are boring, the dialogue is atrocious, the plot is inane, and the always online requirement is aggravating. And worst of all the items suck. I found 2 legendaries (uniques) over 100 hours. Why is that? Diablo 3 is shallow, boring, and does disgrace to the Blizzard name. Expand
  2. Aug 16, 2012
    The main reason why I hate this game is because it is not the social game I thought it would be. In D2, me and my friends played for years and had fun with the game. In D3, I played with the same exact group of friends, but we have all quit within a couple of months. Every aspect of the game encourages the players to play BY THEMSELVES, and not with their friends. The auction houseThe main reason why I hate this game is because it is not the social game I thought it would be. In D2, me and my friends played for years and had fun with the game. In D3, I played with the same exact group of friends, but we have all quit within a couple of months. Every aspect of the game encourages the players to play BY THEMSELVES, and not with their friends. The auction house encourages people to sell their items instead of sharing with their friends, the four player max splits up groups of friends (unlike the 8 player max in previous games), there is no pvp (yet)...in general the game just simply is not fun. For the player who likes to play by himself, this could be a great game. For the person who wants to play a game with his friends...this is not. Expand
  3. Aug 18, 2012
    I give it 1 point for being called Diablo. The game just doesn't have any other merrits justifying more points. It's called Diablo, but for the rest, it simply isn't a Diablo game. This is Duke Nukem Forever Goes Diabolical. It's just a release to milk money from the masses. Sorry, Activision, these are not the cashcows you're looking for.
  4. Aug 18, 2012
    Why give this game a 0? Because it is sooo bad that Blizz has ruined PC Gaming for me. I played 150+ hours and NEVER once did I have anywhere near as much fun as the previous Diablos.. It is uninstalled now. Sadly Blizzards now possesses a deep seated contempt for us gamers.. Every patch that has been release has further enhanced the sucky elements of the game and made it less fun. IWhy give this game a 0? Because it is sooo bad that Blizz has ruined PC Gaming for me. I played 150+ hours and NEVER once did I have anywhere near as much fun as the previous Diablos.. It is uninstalled now. Sadly Blizzards now possesses a deep seated contempt for us gamers.. Every patch that has been release has further enhanced the sucky elements of the game and made it less fun. I started having more fun reading the forums and hearing other gamers complain rather than playing the game.. I CALL THIS A ZERO QUALITY GAME! If you had given the Titan's quest crew Diablo 3's budget we would be looking at a perfect 10 game. It is just criminal making a game this bad with this kind of budget. Now Blizzard is threatening people in the forums to stop complaining about the game or face account penalties. This game just feels like a conspiracy against gamers. Take something fun, and militarize into a money making job. So not fun, and terribly designed. Expand
  5. Aug 19, 2012
    I've never been so disappointed with a sequel in my life, and I'd like to think that it's not only because Diablo 2 was a great game, but also because this one is really bad. Blizzard is slipping in all departements, the story is just lazy, the characters are mostly flat and boring and they actually built this game on the premise that you'll play it over and over again anyway.

Here's a

Here's a tip: the reason people played Diablo 2 over and over again for years and years wasn't because that was the only way to get good gear, or to change the difficulty (absolutely horrible that you can't start on harder difficulty in this goddamn game): they did it because the game was great fun to play in the first place.

My respect for Blizzard is severely damaged, and I won't be buying a game from them again anytime soon.
  6. Aug 22, 2012
    One of the worst games I have ever played. Jay Wilson killed the Diablo franchise forever and insulted the original talented creators in every possible way. The game itself would be just ok as a game if it hadn't the name Diablo on it. And that's the problem. As a Diablo game it is unrecognizable, you don't feel like playing a Diablo game anymore. Puke. The new Blizzard sucks.
  7. Aug 24, 2012
    Well made, but short, repetitive and with ver very little in the way of customization. The always online idea is arse and sadly the likes of Torchlight just do this so much better these days.
  8. Aug 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The shadows always cast in the same direction, regardless of which way the light is coming from. To continue to advance your character expect to spend hundreds to thousands on the real money auction house. The loot that drops is all useless. One can play for hundreds of hours and never find a good item. Expand
  9. Aug 26, 2012
    A pathetic joke that spat in the face of Diablo fans worldwide. The original team that created the Diablo series and developed Diablo and Diablo II left Blizzard in 2003, leaving a different team to work on Diablo III and it shows. The design decisions are brain-dead and game completely fails to live up to the standard set by its predecessor. This game is nothing but a step backwards overA pathetic joke that spat in the face of Diablo fans worldwide. The original team that created the Diablo series and developed Diablo and Diablo II left Blizzard in 2003, leaving a different team to work on Diablo III and it shows. The design decisions are brain-dead and game completely fails to live up to the standard set by its predecessor. This game is nothing but a step backwards over Diablo II. Expand
  10. Aug 28, 2012
    The game is great to play with friends from lvl 1 to lvl 60 (about 3-4 days). It has nice effects, appealing graphics, dynamic combat. However, it becomes boring at lvl 60, as it gets repetitive and turns into a grinding game. Bots own the game economy, the difficulty level is mostly inadequate. Maybe future patches will change this: who knows?
  11. Aug 28, 2012
    I was and still am a huge Diablo fan. This game called Diablo 3 however is not what i was expecting. On my first play through through Normal difficulty it felt like what I wanted and waited for. When I realized a new difficulty was coming I started thinking about what i had achieved. A few levels and some skills. I hadnt found anything and didn't really find anything worth noting. "This isI was and still am a huge Diablo fan. This game called Diablo 3 however is not what i was expecting. On my first play through through Normal difficulty it felt like what I wanted and waited for. When I realized a new difficulty was coming I started thinking about what i had achieved. A few levels and some skills. I hadnt found anything and didn't really find anything worth noting. "This is just norm so I cant expect much anyways" so on I went. through nightmare, and hell... still nothing? Ok so maybe inferno is where its at... problem is I cant find anything there either. Stuck in act 1 inferno and still nothing? Come on you cant be serious. Grind a 20 hours in inferno difficulty and still nothing? Really? Auction house? Really? So many rare drops and none are useful? Nephalem Armor for a Magic Find buff and still nothing? Magic find caps? Attack speed cut in half? Limits on how I want my Character to work? What happened to our Diablo? Surely the man who's brainchild Diablo was didn't screw me over did he? Nope he did not, some new dick and his team did. Yes I had fun just rushing through the easy norm, though I had fun because I had hoped that when it got really difficult I would be able to really customize, learn some tricks from others and/or develop my own. Get my hands on some decent gear and learn my way through it. Not auction house my way through it. This is a hack and slash game but it isn't Diablo. Its something else entirely. It can be fun, until you realise you are completely dependent on someone ELSE finding or buying what YOU need and selling it for cheap. The skills are awesome, pretty, and explosive. Satisfying to unleash though not all are even worth a second glance. If you know this type of game then you know just by reading the skill's description whether you want it or that you will never consider it. You kinda just wonder *Why would I use that?* Graphics are acceptable but not the type of graphics I would think a 12 year in-the-making game would sport. They do get the job done. After many many hours of playing and realizing over time how unlike Diablo this new *Diablo* is I have to give this a 1. I feel like I'm playing a Diablo 2 knock-off. My respect for the franchise was High. My Dislike for this game runs so much deeper than *how hard it is to find items*. I enjoyed years of Diablo 1, 2, and LoD. They made you feel like that one Item that would turn you into a god was one Baal run away and you were driven. This game drives me nowhere. I'm uninspired and unimpressed. Now that I know what I know now, I will follow David Brevik's path. Jay can suck it. Thanks for nothing dick. Expand
  12. Aug 28, 2012
    It's painfully obvious that nobody who worked on Diablo 2 was involved with Diablo 3. Diablo 3 to Diablo 2 is what Terminator 3 is to Terminator 2. It's really sad that this game is so critically acclaimed. Definitely raises questions about the possibily of critic reviews in the gaming industry actually being nothing more than paid advertising.
  13. Aug 29, 2012
    Diablo 3. Where do I begin? When you first start the game, you're immediately greeted by a reminiscent from the World of Warcraft, the login screen. And like in WoW or other MMOs, with the login screen you also get the various login errors. Error 37, Error 3005, and the usual problems with an online game launch...

"Wait! What's that about MMOs? Wasn't this supposed to be a single player

"Wait! What's that about MMOs? Wasn't this supposed to be a single player game?", you ask. Yeah, except you need an always-on internet connection at any time you play the game. "Why?", you ask. Because of the online DRM, and the Real-money Auction House, and... "Wait, what?!" Exactly, but let's not even go there just yet. The point is, Blizzard had 9 (that's nine) years to develop this game, several stress tests during the beta, and their experience with WoW launch - one would think, to hone and polish everything. Turns out nothing went as expected because even two weeks(!) after the launch, the servers were still having problems and people couldn't log in or play the game they had paid for, two weeks ago. Okay, the worst problems were fixed afterwards, but that was a good reminder of why you should not have an online DRM forced into a game, unless it's really, really necessary. But in a single player game!? That's madness!

Ok, we get it. Because Blizzard decided to implement the Real-money Auction House into Diablo 3, they needed a way to secure their asses and make sure the game or items sold in the AH would not get tampered or changed in any way. That's alright - if this was a MMO online game! But it's not! Diablo has always been a single player game (featuring a co-op mode). We don't need to be online at all times. We don't need the Real-money Auction House (What kind of idiot would pay real money for virtual game items, anyway?), and we don't need the always online DRM! Madness! That's madness, and greed!

But wait, that's not all of it. The worst part is, the game is boring! Yeah, it's hack-n-slash dungeon crawling, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the story, and the content. It's boring, predictable, and short! You can finish the game in 4 hours and it starts to repeat itself really fast. Everything after the Act 1 is just bad. There simply is not enough things to do! No character to customize, because the choices are made for you. No skills to choose, because you unlock them all with no effort. Nothing to achieve, nothing to gain, except farm better items... No, wait! You can buy them from the Real-money Auction House... Sigh!

There is also the graphics thing, and many more design flaws.. eh, choices, where Blizzard could've and should've improved the game, but they didn't. Instead, they took away all those things that made Diablo and Diablo 2 fun and challenging, and added things we didn't need in the first place. I guess that's what happens when you kick out the original developers and make a whole different people with no experience or proper vision of the previous games to design a sequel to one of the best game franchises ever. (And this is not to put down or belittle the developers skills, only to say the game you made was not the one the customers expected, or were made to expect.) Or, perhaps it could be because nowadays at Blizzard, it seems, the people who get to decide about things, are more interested in whole lot of other things (namely, money) than the enjoyment and excitement for games and entertainment, they once did. Things have been going downhill ever since the Blizzard became the ActivisionBlizzard.

I honestly in my right mind can't imagine how the majority of professional game critics gave this game a 9 or 10! Were you paid or are you just mindless ass-kissers? I'm giving it a score of 1, for the Act 1. Everything else was crap. (Nine years, Blizzard!)

TL;DR: It looks like a Diablo, it plays like a Diablo, but it is not a Diablo! This game might just be the biggest scam in modern video game history. If you love Diablo and value your time and money, avoid this game. If you are looking for a spiritual successor to Diablo, try Torchlight 2 (from the original Diablo team) or even a free game, called Path of Exile.
  14. Sep 1, 2012
    Horrible horrible horrible. This is not a diablo game, this is a ripoff to make some quick money (that succeeded) off the diablo name. I feel like I've been scammed. I am never trusting blizzard again. If I ever do buy a blizzard game again, which is very unlikely, I will definitively read the user reviews first. Notice I said user reviews and not the bought and paid for "critic" reviews.
  15. Sep 7, 2012
    I am forced to give this latest installment of the beloved Diablo series a 2 due to one simple failure: THE ITEMS. They deviated too far from the items we stayed up nights grinding for... The random generator is horrible, the graphics are too WoW-like, and even the pixels on the items are YAAAWWWWN. It doesn't give the same excitement to see the gold letters lying at your feet. TheI am forced to give this latest installment of the beloved Diablo series a 2 due to one simple failure: THE ITEMS. They deviated too far from the items we stayed up nights grinding for... The random generator is horrible, the graphics are too WoW-like, and even the pixels on the items are YAAAWWWWN. It doesn't give the same excitement to see the gold letters lying at your feet. The constant internet connection that is required to play this game is a huge disappointment so I would probably take a point or two off for that if my score wasn't already so low. The game doesn't deserve a 1 or 0 although my frustration certainly makes me want to give it one. Until they do something (else) to make the items more appealing, this game will simply suck to me. After the 10th time getting a "legendary" drop only to find out that because of cruel RNG it sucks beyond what most blue items would be... I have realized this game is just a genuine flop. Too bad it took what, 12 years to get here? Maybe after a couple of years of complaining from their loyal fan-base, Blizzard will listen and make the changes to the game that are truly needed. For this gamer, it's all about the items. Expand
  16. Sep 8, 2012
    I was always a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, so I went ahead and purchased Diablo 3 for 60 Euro. I found the game rather enjoyable (but repetitive) and hit 60 with a Witch Doctor. Sadly, within a few days of purchasing the game, my account was suspended until 2037 after buying an item off the RMAH. I contacted Blizzard, who didn't respond for 7 days, and they informed me that because I hadI was always a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, so I went ahead and purchased Diablo 3 for 60 Euro. I found the game rather enjoyable (but repetitive) and hit 60 with a Witch Doctor. Sadly, within a few days of purchasing the game, my account was suspended until 2037 after buying an item off the RMAH. I contacted Blizzard, who didn't respond for 7 days, and they informed me that because I had made a purchase with a credit card from a country other than the country registered on the account, my account had been locked. They didn't refund my card though - they kept the money I had loaded onto my account. I have never had such a problem in 25 years of gaming and I feel like they robbed me without a care in the world. I hope their next MMO is a flop and the company dies out after being treated like this. Their support, policy and procedures really lets the game and the company down. Expand
  17. Sep 9, 2012
    After playing the game it seems like a simplified version of Diablo 2, why has it been dumbed down I dont know but surely they should have just tacked a 3d engine onto Diablo 2 and make more of the same.

We done need World of Diablo we need more of Diablo not a child like cashin.
  18. Sep 22, 2012
    This is not a single player game. It's an MMO without the MM. Do NOT make the mistake to think that this game has a single player mode - it has a "play alone given that you have < 50ms latency on your constant on internet connection"- mode.

Want to play on the train? Forget it.
    Want to play on 3g connection? Forget it.
  19. Sep 22, 2012
    The gameplay is well known to everybody. I mean: it's quite the same as the other Diablos, with better graphics. That said. Constant connection? Incredibly bad. Because it's no use to gamers: just to Blizzard, so they can avoid piracy. I can understand wanting to keep your hands on the stuff you created, but if this means being unable to play far from home, and having constant lags andThe gameplay is well known to everybody. I mean: it's quite the same as the other Diablos, with better graphics. That said. Constant connection? Incredibly bad. Because it's no use to gamers: just to Blizzard, so they can avoid piracy. I can understand wanting to keep your hands on the stuff you created, but if this means being unable to play far from home, and having constant lags and server queues/crashes, I call it a scam. Especially if it's being sold at a higher-than-usual price. Also: Real Money Auction House. Oh this is almost worse than constant connection. Do you really want competitive online gaming to become a matter of who is the richest? We have enough of that in real life. I say at least our games should play even, and be ruled by skill and experience. Expand
  20. Sep 22, 2012
    What a complete let down, and i have spent prob over 10,000 hours playing D1 and D2 but this game is just awful a shame of a game to carry the diablo name...........Diablo 1 was all about the atmosphere.....Diablo 2 was all about the grind and the magicfind.........Diablo 3 was all about the $$$$$$.......
  21. Sep 22, 2012
    +Decent graphics. -Always online DRM, -Lack of skill diversity, -Connection errors, -Play to win, -Short story. This game is a step back from Diablo 2, so I recommend avoiding it.
  22. Sep 23, 2012
    I enjoy(not love it) the game before Inferno, but after that you can see why people is against RMAH, there is no way that you can do it if you don't buy items because. And always online is a real pain if you lose connection just for 1 second(for example if you have a Router and it assigned a new IP) you are out. And it has a real story problems! In my opinion it doesn't worth $60
  23. Sep 25, 2012
    I bought this game at premium price and I was really disappointed with the outcome. I agree with some gamers that this is really an Auction House Tycoon 3 and not Diablo 3. The graphics is mediocre. The gameplay is not engrossing. I've finished the game in normal mode using Demon Hunter. Usable gear drop was dismal and will force you to buy at the Auction House for a better gear. II bought this game at premium price and I was really disappointed with the outcome. I agree with some gamers that this is really an Auction House Tycoon 3 and not Diablo 3. The graphics is mediocre. The gameplay is not engrossing. I've finished the game in normal mode using Demon Hunter. Usable gear drop was dismal and will force you to buy at the Auction House for a better gear. I got booted out from my game if my connection is slow. The installation takes ages to finish. Hello 0% installation so I will Diablo 3 the same score here. I just finished single playthrough and I'm not inclined to play it game. Such dismal game design. This is not a Diablo game. Better play Torchight 2 or Titan Quest, these are better games. Expand
  24. Sep 25, 2012
    I have never written a game review before but after the huge let down of Diablo 3 I have decided there is a time for everything.

I am a huge Diablo fan and before Diablo 3 came out I convinced all my friends to pre-order it with me (about 10 of us all got it together). Upon initial play (after the huge delays due to launch, expected though) the game seemed pretty cool. I was not happy about a few things they had removed, ie stats, proper skill tree, etc. but the game itself started out pretty good.

Diablo 3 is a nicely designed game in terms of graphics and character control, in fact I would rate those two aspects at about a 9/10 however controls and pretty images do not make a game.

As with all diablo games the play time is extended by allowing players to replay the game with 3 (4 in diablo 3) difficulties. However in diablo 3 the first play through is way to easy and you are pretty much given the story line, personally I would have preferred to work for the story line with some difficulty.

So now for my reasoning why I gave Diablo 3 a 2/10.

Diablo 3 should have never been released as a squeal to diablo 1/2, it is far from it. Diablo 3 removes so many features from diablo 1 and 2 that it is not the same game. There is very little customization available to players. The only real customization is the choice in what spells to use, but everyone gets all of the spells so there is no real customization there. For instance I played an online game with a random, I was matched up with someone of the same class, and I was killing things better then they where so next minute they have changed their skills to exactly match mine and both our characters looked identical and had the exact same skill set. Effectively NO CUSTOMIZATION. End game is extremely boring and does not offer any "Fun" re-playability. Item drops are just pathetic and the game is designed so that you can not find the best gear for your character. You will have to buy it and in most cases this means you will need to use the real money auction house to buy really good gear. For instance I had over 250 hours played on my main character and I never found a single legendary or set Item. About a month after release all my friends where complaining about the game and said they were bored of it. I logged on the other day, after stopping playing myself for a few months, and my entire friends list has been offline for over a month. The only reason I actually gave this game a 2/10 rating is due to the awesome cinematic scenes and the quality of character control, although the story line did annoy me in places. Not to spoil anything but one particular scene was crap and would have been hated by all diablo fans.

Diablo 3 has been designed with over all money as the goal of the game not quality of the game. It is made to appeal to everyone, not to appeal to actual gamers, they are trying to target the audience of people that don't usually play games or don't play much and would rather spend money on the real money auction house then to play the game themselves.

There is absolutely no depth do Diablo 3, like the diablo series did have. From diablo 2 they removed;
    - Runes (as they where in diablo 2)
    - Stats (you still have stats but it is all automatically applied, so everyone is the same)
    - Any type of skill tree (every single player is given all of the available skills)
    - The ability to collect your own group of Set Items, it is impossible to actually find a complete set, lucky to find a single set item)
    - Sockets are gone.
    - NO PVP (they advertised the game with pvp and are yet to release it, months after launch)
    - Lowered the amount of players allowed in a single game.
    - Removed modding ability (diablo 2 modding was hugely popular and allowed the game to last much longer, people still play new content in diablo 2 today due to modding)
    - No Cube for combinations
    - Less characters to choose from

Basically they removed everything that made Diablo the great game it was and instead turned it into a no penalty game with the only requirement was to point and click, no thought or brain power needed for anything in the game. Only thing that sets you above others is gear, which turns out whoever spends the most real money on the auction house is put far ahead of everyone else. I do not recommend this to anyone looking to play diablo 3, if you are a newcomer to the series you may like it. Torchlight 2 is far closer to what diablo 3 should have been and I have been addicted to that since it's launch, much better game.
  25. Sep 26, 2012
    The gameplay and mechanics are actually ok. The biggest downfall is the beta-state of skills and *balance* (why TF does a single player game needs that much balancing?) due to the focus of the forced RMAH from Blizzard. It's given a strong impression that everything* revolved around the stupid RMAH. Don't even get started with the horrendous loots. Across 5 classes at 60. Mostly IThe gameplay and mechanics are actually ok. The biggest downfall is the beta-state of skills and *balance* (why TF does a single player game needs that much balancing?) due to the focus of the forced RMAH from Blizzard. It's given a strong impression that everything* revolved around the stupid RMAH. Don't even get started with the horrendous loots. Across 5 classes at 60. Mostly I play DH / Wiz / Barb, they farmed gears for monk and WD. I have found less than 10 pieces of gears of the character I play as an upgrade. I've gotten ~20~30 pieces of legendaries and there are 2 set picese (monk pants and DH boots that worth around 10 mil each at the time). All others are worthless crap that over half is below 60 that doesn't even worth anything other than vendor. The others 60+ ones gets turned into brimstones. Overall, the game is *ok*, but the implementation of RMAH, loot system, no end game, constant nerf (AKA rebalancing) of different spec / classes is just silly. Along side the way blizzard handles issues, i.e. the recent DH nerf of the 1500% trail to 300% dmg as a *BUG* which clearly was not, (as it's in the patch note, the developer review, the tool tip and everywhere else). They even have no balls to admit to nerfs. Game has "potential", too bad Blizzard / Jay Wilson isn't talented to exploit them. And Jay Wilson obviously didn't play D2 and I am slightly bothered by the fact he keeps trying to tell the playerbase what is "fun". (we think dodging attacks for player isn't fun, so we make mob attacks in dodgeable, even it *looks* mobs were hitting air 20 yards away, it still hits you! NOW THAT'S FUN!!". srsly. Expand
  26. Sep 29, 2012
    I started playing this game and actually really enjoyed it through the first hour. The story seemed like it was going to be compelling and it felt like perhaps the game was going to be a more refined version of Diablo 2. Skill systems were interesting right off because you were constantly getting new things to try every level and everything seemed like it would be useful. Items that II started playing this game and actually really enjoyed it through the first hour. The story seemed like it was going to be compelling and it felt like perhaps the game was going to be a more refined version of Diablo 2. Skill systems were interesting right off because you were constantly getting new things to try every level and everything seemed like it would be useful. Items that I could use were dropping a bit less than I had hoped, but still thought the game was good.

By the end of the first act I was still liking the game, but it really did lack variety. You really only run around outside in the same kind of places and then go into a hellish type torture chamber place where zombies are being burnt and demons run at you. It still had enough variety to be entertaining though. I went into act two and thought, hey this is very similar to act 2 in diablo 2. You go to Lut Golein, it's sandy and bright and your in a market city. This is kind of neat to feel nostalgia towards Diablo 2, but at this point act 1 seemed like act 1 from before and act 2 is the same as well. You would think by now they would have come up with something new right?

Anyway, went forward through the act and it was okay. Same thing, it lacked variety and you went into the sewers ( just like in act 2 of Diablo 2). It just felt like it lacked creativity at this point and by this time my skills were starting to show problems too. Certain skills are just way more powerful than others and there was really no point in using anything other than them. They have patched this a bit, but still it's not really that balanced. You will find one thing that's best and go with that.

Enter Act 3 or should I say half an act. This act is pretty short and boring, the story at this point really gets cliche and uninteresting. I was really sad at this point because you could tell blizzard just gave up on the story and creativity. At this time you realize that items don't drop very often at all that you need because there's an auction house and they expect you to use it. So, don't expect good things to drop for you, expect things to drop for others very infrequently and then expect to have to sell them to other people, just to buy stuff for you. Auction house works great in games like WOW, but here you kinda want to find some things for your own character every now and then. It actually makes it fun to fight things and hope good stuff drops, but just don't expect that to happen often at all.

By the end of this act I was actually dreading act 4 because I felt the story was just stupid at this point and don't worry, I wasn't disappointed. The final act, which can't even be called that is about half of the size of act 3! It's set in "heaven" which could have been really cool, but ends up super boring and generic. I don't think you'll find very many people who will enjoy this act. It seems thrown together and could have been done better by almost any game company. Blizzard is better than this and I'm not sure how this managed to pass through their testing.

You beat the game, the story sucked, and guess what? Now they want you to beat it again in nightmare mode....which is about the same difficulty as normal. So you are even more bored. Then you get to beat it AGAIN....Hell mode gets harder and you learn you can actually die in this game towards act 4. By this time you have beaten the game twice and the already bad story and boring acts are pretty much loathed. You would rather be going to school or work or whatever it is you do. Hell, after beating this game 2 times at that point I would almost rather do laundry and that is saying something.

You beat the game on HELL and now have beaten it 3 friggin times, and now what do you unlock? Inferno mode! YAY! The same damn game, but now you can die in 2-3 hits. You must now gear up at this point to beat each act, and "champion" packs of monsters can kill you very quickly if you don't adjust tactics..Each class generally has a certain build they must use to get through. There is a little variety, but very little. If you are lucky enough to have good things drop for you then you might make it to act 3 and 4 relatively easy, if your unlucky expect to play through act 1 a million times in hopes you get something..ANYTHING to sell and purchase better gear. Then you finally gear up, you finally get through act 4. And you are done. Nothing else in the game to do. So why play any more? The better question is why did you beat the same game 4 times in a row, that wasn't even very fun the first time? My advice is, don't play Diablo 3 at all. If you played Diablo 2 then congratulations, you played a better game with a better story. No reason to even take a look at this. If you are really bored with life then you can take a look, but you wont find anything new.
  27. Oct 7, 2012
    While its not a horrible game, its nowhere near the greatness that was Diablo 2. Its been turned into a money making masses game that caters to casual players and asks that people give blizzard even more money through the real money auction house. While its mildly interesting for a while, the people that enjoyed Diablo 2 for its depth and longevity will quickly realise how shallow andWhile its not a horrible game, its nowhere near the greatness that was Diablo 2. Its been turned into a money making masses game that caters to casual players and asks that people give blizzard even more money through the real money auction house. While its mildly interesting for a while, the people that enjoyed Diablo 2 for its depth and longevity will quickly realise how shallow and actually rushed the game was. As I write this the game STILL doesnt have PVP and the endgame is an utter joke and a horribly bad joke at that. The blizzard I used to respect didnt release a game until it was finished and after playing through the game til the end which doesnt take very long, you're kind of left scratching your head. Diablo 2 had rinse and repeat gameplay but for as many hours as I put into that game, I never leveled a character to 99 and even though I would leave the game for a while, a month later and the game was still fun to go back to. In diablo 3, I leveled my character to 60 in under a week and after hours of grinding without any new levels, they decide to finally add paragon levels which added about 4 more hours of gameplay for me personally. After I solo killed Diablo on Inferno, theres literally only grinding left. No PVP and just no fun. No fun quests to add sockets, to give skill points, anything like that.

If you havent played the Diablo series at all and are new to hack n slash games, I would say its not a bad purchase if you just want some mindless fun with friends for month or so. The game looks good and runs well. The game mechanics are easy enough to pick up and play without any problems, but honestly, this personal review is aimed at people that havent played the game yet and are curious about picking it up as the hardcore fans have all typically played and decided whether or not its worth another 100 hours. In the end, its not the sequel fans wanted or were waiting for in my opinion and Jay Wilson should probably take responsibility for letting down the true fans of the game. Also, while it does offer some fun, at this point I think there are better options such as Torchlight 2 which only drains your funds by 20$ for at least just as much fun.
  28. Nov 30, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a profoundly disappointing game. It does at least provide an experience that capitalizes on the success and addictive game play of Diablo 2, but therein lies the problem. Nothing about this game is innovative. Everything feels like a cheap attempt to cash in on previous glory. The gameplay of Diablo 3 doesn't offer anything that we haven't already seen in previous BlizzardDiablo 3 is a profoundly disappointing game. It does at least provide an experience that capitalizes on the success and addictive game play of Diablo 2, but therein lies the problem. Nothing about this game is innovative. Everything feels like a cheap attempt to cash in on previous glory. The gameplay of Diablo 3 doesn't offer anything that we haven't already seen in previous Blizzard titles. It's the same tired old formulas repeated ad naseum. Every system is familiar and every plot point is painfully predictable.

Thankfully there is at least some entertainment to be had in playing through the game with friends. The multi-player coop IS easy to use makes grouping with friends a simple and enjoyable experience. Unfortunately this doesn't help you shake the feeling that everything you see already happened eight years ago. No meaningful new experiences are presented to the player. The graphics are new, the social experiences are novel, and the Auction House is a phenomenon bordering on the surreal, but at it's core Diablo 3 is a game we've already played.

Save your time, save your money. Dig out those Diablo 2 CD's, set up a LAN game with your friends (one that's still allowed) and have just as much without blowing $60 on a product you already own.
  29. Dec 2, 2012
    this game is very shti

Purchased, unable to log in even once in 12 hours. This would be counted as fraud in any other industry but for some reason on this game I intend to play single player it's 'to be expected', just terrible. http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-3579935-1-1.html

30. Dec 30, 2012
    As a long-time Blizzard fan I am dismayed, disappointed and ultimately shocked that Blizzard could betray its entire long-standing Diablo fanbase. The game is an absolute disgrace and anyone who says otherwise is desperate and is living in denial.

After completing the game with one character you will feel let-down and not bothered to ever touch this game again. Disgrace.
  31. Dec 31, 2012
    First of all: game is empty. There is nothing except iterative game passing. The first one will let you .. well, just play the game on a difficulty level different from normal. After that prepare for a long, very, very, damn VERY long grinding while you reach max level. This game is not: frightening, atmospheric, interesting, re-playable, fascinating or even memorable. If you are lookingFirst of all: game is empty. There is nothing except iterative game passing. The first one will let you .. well, just play the game on a difficulty level different from normal. After that prepare for a long, very, very, damn VERY long grinding while you reach max level. This game is not: frightening, atmospheric, interesting, re-playable, fascinating or even memorable. If you are looking for a real diablo spirit, play the first one. Plot? Quests? hi-level content? Pvp? Sorry, guys, you'll have to pay it when next DLC arrive. What can I say? No. Just that simple. Rest in peace, Blizzard the masterpiece-maker. Now it's all about money and trash and soap. in short: yo dawg i heard you like grind so we put a grind in your grind so you can grind while you grind. Expand
  32. Jan 2, 2013
    This has been by far the most disappointing game ever. 1- It did not cure cancer.
    2- Does nothing to help against the hunger problem.
    3- I have no idea how is the game supposed to help against global warming.

All in all, a bunch of broken promises.
  33. Jan 3, 2013
    I bought this game and was faithful to it for the first 3 months but finally gave up. The developers just plain failed at launch to know what made Diablo 1 and 2 so good, almost as if they never played these games themselves and just tried to mimic it by watching some youtube videos of gameplay. I came back to the game 6 months later and it was definitely better, but still just not thatI bought this game and was faithful to it for the first 3 months but finally gave up. The developers just plain failed at launch to know what made Diablo 1 and 2 so good, almost as if they never played these games themselves and just tried to mimic it by watching some youtube videos of gameplay. I came back to the game 6 months later and it was definitely better, but still just not that enjoyable and to be honest, they just missed the boat. The game is not worth your money, skip it. Expand
  34. Feb 12, 2013
    The Visuals and Combat Mechanics of the game are AAA quality, but that is where Blizzards stamp ends. I just really dislike the skill system. Because your spell damage relies on your weapons DPS, your weapon essentially defines you character, making spell choices secondary. There is something seriously wrong with designing a Diablo game this way. The Item system is even worse. ThisThe Visuals and Combat Mechanics of the game are AAA quality, but that is where Blizzards stamp ends. I just really dislike the skill system. Because your spell damage relies on your weapons DPS, your weapon essentially defines you character, making spell choices secondary. There is something seriously wrong with designing a Diablo game this way. The Item system is even worse. This game comes up several yards short to ever deserving a Diablo name. Until Blizzard fixes the cores problems (Items, Skills, Customization of Characters, stat points/skill points) This game is going to super nova and create a massive black hole within Blizzard. All the hype and anticipation built around this game was undeserving. Ultimately I am very disappointed with the influence of the RMAH and the failed design principles of the game. Blizzard needs to take half of that 12 Million copies sold money, and throw it at the old Blizz North team, and beg for them to fix this fail stain on the franchise. Expand
  35. Mar 7, 2013
    Nice, metacritic crashed when trying to submit my review for this. In short online-only was always about the RLAH, game should be LAN, item grinding sucks, bliz pissed on this IP. D2 had two games types, bliz is just lazy. I was let down.
  36. Mar 9, 2013
    Let's start with the positive points of the game: it looks great.
    But that's about the only thing it has going for it. I am very disappointed at so many other things, but perhaps my expectations were too high. I'll just name a few examples:
    - The game has been made so dumbed down. Take stats: the primary stats for each class are so important, that stat priority becomes a no-brainer. -
    Let's start with the positive points of the game: it looks great.
    - The story is predictable and too linear.
    - Even for a hack and slash style game, D3 is too simple and repetitive
  37. Mar 12, 2013
    Repetitive, boring, no imagination, terrible dialog, horrible technical issues early on, pay to win ingrained in its DNA. This game was made for another time. AVOID AT ALL COST.
  38. Mar 12, 2013
    So I'm forced to be always online just to play the SINGLE player game? Seriously? No thanks. Don't buy this game, because if you do, you're supporting game companies controlling where and when you play the game that YOU purchased. Don't buy this game.
  39. Mar 14, 2013
    First of all i would like to state that i have played this game for 1000 hours. I think you should question my score of 1/10 after 1000 hours of play and would say that why did you play it for 1000 hours then? Well let me explain I never used RMAH while most of my friends used RMAH and spent a great deal of money to really enjoy the game i chose the the other way played to save gold andFirst of all i would like to state that i have played this game for 1000 hours. I think you should question my score of 1/10 after 1000 hours of play and would say that why did you play it for 1000 hours then? Well let me explain I never used RMAH while most of my friends used RMAH and spent a great deal of money to really enjoy the game i chose the the other way played to save gold and loot good items. Never found a good item with the chance of 1/1000000 of course that gave me the ambition and i played more and nothing good...Damn WTF! Cons: -Always online RDM and if you live in 3rd world you *ucked up -No skill tree, leveling is not that much important if you have the money The game is limited to play with 1, 2, 3, 4 which than clearly being verified that this game is made for console! Very little chance to find an item usefeul which is designed on purpose that you have have to use AH&RMAH Simplfied crippled game mechanics short game play, bad plot Meaningless mindless absurd quests! bad graphics bad music (imo) PVP is a joke in the end game you end up with only 3 short maps of Act3 which is called Alkaizer run.

To sum up if the title is Diablo 3 i will give it 1/10 this game is sacrificed to console industry. And i hate the system of RMAH i will never buy a game consisting pay to win system
  40. Jun 9, 2013
    Launch was a disaster. Over 400 hours of playing and found nothing good. Sold items in RMAH to cover the cost of the game and quit. Never again blizzard. Waited over 10 years for this sequel and what a disappointment.
  41. Jul 1, 2013
    not worth the wait and the game is made so little kids can play it
    cool kiddie game you guys are playing hope you enjoy.... i'm hating it.

Torchlight 2 a bit better not much
  42. Nov 3, 2013
    Horrible game, the story is crap, the music is not interesting at all, the game play is boring and it looks like a bad mix between Diablo 2 and Wow. Diablo 2 is a good game and so is Wow, but they kind of manage to make something in between which wasn't good at all. The heroes/characters you play are very annoying and so are the npc's who follows you. The graphic is kind of cartoonishHorrible game, the story is crap, the music is not interesting at all, the game play is boring and it looks like a bad mix between Diablo 2 and Wow. Diablo 2 is a good game and so is Wow, but they kind of manage to make something in between which wasn't good at all. The heroes/characters you play are very annoying and so are the npc's who follows you. The graphic is kind of cartoonish which gives it a wow wipe and not dark and scary as I had hoped. That is probably because it was blizzard south (the creators of wow) and not blizzard north (the creators of Diablo 1 +2) who made the game. It is just not a natural extension of Diablo 2 and the game is too easy to play.
    My biggest hope for Diablo 3 was that it would be a good mix between Diablo 1 darkness and Diablo 2 gameplay, Sadly that didn't happen. I've waited 10 years and I'm very disappointed.
  43. Jun 9, 2012
    The reason we are so against this game is because what Blizzard is trying to accomplish is a very dark day for gamers. They have created a game designed to get as much money from its consumers as possible instead of creating something fun. The entire difficulty system is one gear check after another, and in order to get gear you must use the auction house. Any item that is any goodThe reason we are so against this game is because what Blizzard is trying to accomplish is a very dark day for gamers. They have created a game designed to get as much money from its consumers as possible instead of creating something fun. The entire difficulty system is one gear check after another, and in order to get gear you must use the auction house. Any item that is any good will be placed in its real money auction, which Blizzard will take a 15% cut of the transaction. So in order for a player to realistically farm items at the highest difficulty they must first allow themselves to be farmed by Blizzard of real cash. If you do not spend real money and give Blizzard its 15% cut, you will only have a frustrating experience while everybody around you gets ahead. Don't allow a giant corporation like Blizzard start this horrible trend of making games that's completely designed to get money from us instead of it being fun. Don't think just because you were a wow player and got this game for free meant that you aren't going to end up paying for this game. Expand
  44. Jul 14, 2012
    When I lost my fourth hardcore character due to d/c I had enough, crappy "always online" in a single-player game. Now I uninstalled Diablo 3 for good, and this was the last time I got a Blizzard game directly at the launch.
  45. May 20, 2012
    This game is a pale imitation of its predecessors, and doesn't deserve the Diablo name.

Cartoonish WoW graphics, cookie cutter character development, weak (and short) story which has been a massive disappointment to me as a fan of the franchise. All of this would earn it a 3/10, but this has been reduced to nice fat 0/10 by the multiple errors that have accompanied any attempt by me to

All of this would earn it a 3/10, but this has been reduced to nice fat 0/10 by the multiple errors that have accompanied any attempt by me to play it, and destroyed my enthusiasm built up by a very long wait.

By all means, buy the game, but in few months and DO NOT pay $60 for it
  46. May 20, 2012
    Diablo has been Kotified. No more farming items, you have to farm cash to spoend in the Auction House. With real life money AH coming next week no surprise the whole game is designed to push you into using it.
  47. May 20, 2012
    I wish I could say something about the game, but I haven't been able to log-in. This is ridiculous, not being able to play single-player without passing through Battle.net's crappy servers. I know they're doing this to prevent duped items and getting ready for the real money action-house, but this is NOT the way to go. A big no-no to Blizzard.
  48. May 20, 2012
    Since I haven't been payied by Blizz to review, there you go:

buy this game if : * you like not being able to log in on a Sunday, for 4.5 hours straight, without any reason and ETA or communication from Blizzard other than : we are taking the server down, live with it * you do not enjoy lobotomized gameplay * the wonderful many skills and runes become 3 survival skills and 1 or
    Since I haven't been payied by Blizz to review, there you go:

buy this game if :

* you do not enjoy lobotomized gameplay

* the wonderful many skills and runes become 3 survival skills and 1 or 2 dps from Nightmare on ( so no choice there, if you want to live)

etc.
  49. May 20, 2012
    I've asked for a refund from Blizzard as its unplayable. I have no clue what game the "expert reviewers were playing, but its wasn't the one the rest of us were. Underneath the DRM / online nightmare and terrible customer service from Blizzard, there is potentially a good (though hardly 100% - that is a very lazy piece of reviewing) game, but who knows as the current one is ruined byI've asked for a refund from Blizzard as its unplayable. I have no clue what game the "expert reviewers were playing, but its wasn't the one the rest of us were. Underneath the DRM / online nightmare and terrible customer service from Blizzard, there is potentially a good (though hardly 100% - that is a very lazy piece of reviewing) game, but who knows as the current one is ruined by latency and lag...which is pathetic. Its not that much better than Diablo 2 (graphics are poor, object reuse is very common) and that was 12 years ago. Though I can play Diablo 2 at the moment.. I cant play Diablo 3... solo... as the servers are down. Expand
  50. May 20, 2012
    Game is good, but the need for constant internet connection while playing single player game is seriously fouled up. I've been kicked out from quests in the middle because connection went fubar and now I can't play, because servers are having MAINTENANCE, and that, pretty please, ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON.
  51. May 21, 2012
    First off, I just want to clarify that this review is not a complaint over the connection issues/first day launch problems. So many "critics" want to wash the consumers complaints with, "Give them a break," or "This is expected during launch." They fail to acknowledge what is actually written within the thousands, yes I said thousands of negative reviews. To put it simply and clearly thisFirst off, I just want to clarify that this review is not a complaint over the connection issues/first day launch problems. So many "critics" want to wash the consumers complaints with, "Give them a break," or "This is expected during launch." They fail to acknowledge what is actually written within the thousands, yes I said thousands of negative reviews. To put it simply and clearly this game is GARBAGE. Why? The intense feeling of gloom and doom that one once had when playing Diablo 2 is completely gone in Diablo 3, the graphics are MUCH to bright and cartoonish. When playing you can never become attached to the game simply because of the graphics engine in which they chose to use with diablo 3 (world of warcraft graphics engine). The voice acting for some of the characters, such as the male wizard; is absolutely TERRIBLE. A homeless man could have done a better job on acting the scripted dialogue and dont let that one famous voice voice actor from avatar fool you into believing the rest of the voice actors in Diablo 3 are going to be exceptionally amazing. The story line is a major disappointment, so not to spoil it I will not explain further but to put it simply, I could have created a better story line. Next up, the skill tree. The skill tree is so auto pilot that a 5 year old kid could play through normal without suffering any consequences of the skills in which they can choose from. Did I say choose? I meant given to them. Also, there is no potion bar in which you strategically heal yourself, so the more this 5 year old child kills things the faster he can heal himself and progress through the rest of the game mindlessly clicking away. The little socialization features Diablo 2 aloud are completely gone and instead is on the xbox live format of socialization, which is auto assigning games with random people. Pointless to play hardcore because of this, also impossible to play hardcore, they included it but do not allow quick exits anymore. Ya you read right, 10 second delay on logging out of a game which means if blizzards sites lag (which they do 24/7) you cant just quickly exit to save your butt. Blizzard only added hardcore mode to the game to bring back that crowd thinking it would be the same but instead is only a gimmick. Do not waist your money, I would advise it because you will regret it. This game is much like the star wars the old republic hype, blizzard is only riding on the name to sell copies. Keep in mind Diablo 1 and 2 where created by blizzard north NOT Blizzard, so the developers are completely talent less and under a corporate mind set in which is the newly formed Blizzard. Watch out folks, games like star craft, world of warcraft, diablo are just never going to be the same. Expand
  52. May 21, 2012
    This game is just bad. The gameplay is dull and boring and the story is just... well, it's like it was written for a B-movie. No, even worse, a Z-movie. The graphics are catastrophic even at high settings. A lot of customization was removed (gee, thanks a lot, Blizzard), and skill customization has to be ENABLED IN THE OPTIONS MENU. I was hoping I could do the same for the attributeThis game is just bad. The gameplay is dull and boring and the story is just... well, it's like it was written for a B-movie. No, even worse, a Z-movie. The graphics are catastrophic even at high settings. A lot of customization was removed (gee, thanks a lot, Blizzard), and skill customization has to be ENABLED IN THE OPTIONS MENU. I was hoping I could do the same for the attribute points, but guess what? NOPE! CHUCK TESTA! I'm mad as Tristram at Blizzard for pulling such a cruel and misfit joke on the gaming community, and that's why this game I shall rate with 0/10. It's trash, don't buy it, buy Torchlight 2. Expand
  53. May 21, 2012
    Short game. Horrific amount of errors or downtime. No ability to be played except on computers that have a good internet connection leaving me unable to play it most of the time. Legalized gold selling. Poor story. Awful servers. Ruined system of skills/attributes that seems more like WoW. No PvP except WoW clone arena. Worse than average graphics. Possibly worse play than Diablo 2.Short game. Horrific amount of errors or downtime. No ability to be played except on computers that have a good internet connection leaving me unable to play it most of the time. Legalized gold selling. Poor story. Awful servers. Ruined system of skills/attributes that seems more like WoW. No PvP except WoW clone arena. Worse than average graphics. Possibly worse play than Diablo 2. Expensive. Better free to play free to download games are available.

Just waiting until they start charging per month to all the people who "bought" the game.
  54. May 25, 2012
    A bland monetization centric end to a legacy IP. Do yourself a favor and don't waste time on this unless you are fine with playing this game exactly as Blizzard wants you to.
    Also if you expect anything like Diablo1 or 2 play torchlight 2 instead cause this is not it!
  55. May 25, 2012
    Having fun playing the game WHEN I am able to. Most of the time my latency is well over 2000ms and rubber bands constantly. This game is sorely in need of an offline mode and Blizzard just does not care to include one.

Mechanics wise everything is pretty solid though the loss of the ability to dictate where skill points are spent is pretty weak as it removes a strong element of customization.

Overall I am disappointed that I spent $60 for this and have gone back to playing the much more user friendly Torchlight 2.
  56. May 25, 2012
    Continuous server downtime, unable to play single-player due to Blizzard server issues. Auction house has been down more than up. HORRIBLE lag that Blizzard insists is MY fault.
  57. May 26, 2012
    I bought this game with the hope that it would be a classic, following in D2 footsteps. Alas it is a WOW clone which I find basically boring. Nothing really inventive or creative. The DRM is a deal-breaker for me. Sure, MMO's need to be online to play. But why make a user playing in single-player mode suffer through server downtimes and non-playability when they have don't have internet orI bought this game with the hope that it would be a classic, following in D2 footsteps. Alas it is a WOW clone which I find basically boring. Nothing really inventive or creative. The DRM is a deal-breaker for me. Sure, MMO's need to be online to play. But why make a user playing in single-player mode suffer through server downtimes and non-playability when they have don't have internet or your ISP has problems. When I buy a game I expect to own it. But in today's game business thinking, you're paying for the privilege to play when the owner allows it. If the owner goes away, is hacked, or has technical problems, then you're SOL on playing this game. After reading other's reviews, some are saying we shouldn't judge a game based on its DRM. Reviews like those make me think they're being written by the game's developers or publishers. To those folks I say you're ridiculous. When a ridiculous DRM prevents you from playing an expensive game, then it should indeed be considered when reviewing it.

As for me, I'll continue playing since I bought the game and want some amount of enjoyment from it. But I'll also look for a cracked EXE or similar thing that shuts off the DRM so I can play without a net connection. It's my right to have the ability to play the game when I want - with or without a net connection.
  58. May 29, 2012
    Great game, love playing it, but that's the problem. Why does it feel like I bought a temporary license to play a game. Servers are up and down. Auction house works "sometimes" and the fact that I have to be online to play is rather annoying. If it was an MMO it would be expected, but come on, this isn't an mmo. Max players you can have in a game is 4. There is no PvP. (yet) butGreat game, love playing it, but that's the problem. Why does it feel like I bought a temporary license to play a game. Servers are up and down. Auction house works "sometimes" and the fact that I have to be online to play is rather annoying. If it was an MMO it would be expected, but come on, this isn't an mmo. Max players you can have in a game is 4. There is no PvP. (yet) but really, having to be online at all times to play a game, that some can say it's suppose to be a multi-player game, but if i can't play it single player offline, not that fun when you have to wait for servers to be up. Like i said great game, but if i can't play it when i want to, and it's not an MMO, than it can have a low score. Expand
  59. May 29, 2012
    This game is unplayable for most of the time that I want to play it - even SINGLE PLAYER. This is totally unacceptable as the always-on DRM is only in place to protect their pay-to-win real money auction house.

We are witnessing the downfall of PC gaming right in front of our eyes.

Do Not Buy.
  60. Jun 8, 2012
    Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares maybe sell 1 decent rare on auction house, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, buy gear on auction house, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares.

That's pretty much the

That's pretty much the game. I strongly suggest skipping this one folks.

***********************************60 Barbarian 180 hours played, 25 million gold spent on gear, currently in act 3 inferno, not really getting anywhere
  61. Jun 11, 2012
    I am willing to look past the launch day errors and habitual server problems. However, I am not able to look past the flatness of Diablo 3's game play and storylines. I really can't see myself playing this game anymore; I mean how many times can a person do the same acts over and over before it becomes boring and tedious?
  62. Jun 11, 2012
    This gets a zero for the terrible story. Metzen went through the motions and churned out an incredibly flawed plot that made any Diablo fan squirm in their chair. Gameplay wise, it was fun...until you hit the Hell is too easy, Act II inferno is too hard spot and you must pray that the RNG is kind enough to grant you strong enough gear to auction or use. If you aren't that lucky, enjoyThis gets a zero for the terrible story. Metzen went through the motions and churned out an incredibly flawed plot that made any Diablo fan squirm in their chair. Gameplay wise, it was fun...until you hit the Hell is too easy, Act II inferno is too hard spot and you must pray that the RNG is kind enough to grant you strong enough gear to auction or use. If you aren't that lucky, enjoy your ever lengthening resurrection timer. Expand
  63. Jun 19, 2012
    Not only this game is incredibly boring and repetitive, but the always-on DRM means you can't play offline--meaning when your without internet or during the numerous and lengthy maintenance periods. A complete rip-off.
  64. Jun 20, 2012
    Biggest letdown of 2012 by far. This game had so many promises, so much potential, and such an AMAZING franchise. Sucks to see blizz pissed it all away when pure, unadulterated greed that is the real money auction house (RMAH). This game no longer has a soul. It is no longer fun. It is no longer Diablo. Blizzard took a great game, gutted it, and filled it with useless "fluff"Biggest letdown of 2012 by far. This game had so many promises, so much potential, and such an AMAZING franchise. Sucks to see blizz pissed it all away when pure, unadulterated greed that is the real money auction house (RMAH). This game no longer has a soul. It is no longer fun. It is no longer Diablo. Blizzard took a great game, gutted it, and filled it with useless "fluff" catering to the more casual of gamers. But heres the caveat, you have to be a "rich" gamer to actually progress. You see, Blizz **** all progression without the use of the RMAH. Thats right!! In order to progress, you have to shell out more money. For a SINGLE decent piece of gear, you are looking at $200+. To kick their fanbase in the nuts so more, after spending all this money on these "virtual gear", they do a global nerf, destroying its use completely. Thats right! After shelling out all this money for a new BMW, the repossess it and dumped you with a 1985 toyota tercel. Shame on you blizz! Expand
  65. Jun 22, 2012
    IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU: My account was banned, Blizzard claimed I had unauthorized third party software on my computer. I have no idea what they are talking about, I've come up with a list of things I have installed that might be causing the problem. Dual boot linux, Avast antivirus, Logitech gaming keyboard, and the f.lux brightness tool. Nothing even related to D3. If you buy this game,IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU: My account was banned, Blizzard claimed I had unauthorized third party software on my computer. I have no idea what they are talking about, I've come up with a list of things I have installed that might be causing the problem. Dual boot linux, Avast antivirus, Logitech gaming keyboard, and the f.lux brightness tool. Nothing even related to D3. If you buy this game, be warned: Blizzard can take it away from you at any time and they don't even have to justify it. Expand
  66. Jul 15, 2012
    Is it made in China?Oh, dam* game !(*=n)
    A huge disappointment, no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up, WoW inspired skills.Why is there no LAN?
  67. Jul 22, 2012
    After played for 200hr (lv 60 wizard and monk, stopped at inferno A3), I realized this is a bad game. Why does it take that long for me to know that? Because I kept telling myself, "Blizzard does not make bad games, there are something better later in the game." I was going to write a long review as to why I think it is a bad game. Then, I just simply don't care about anymore. I left thisAfter played for 200hr (lv 60 wizard and monk, stopped at inferno A3), I realized this is a bad game. Why does it take that long for me to know that? Because I kept telling myself, "Blizzard does not make bad games, there are something better later in the game." I was going to write a long review as to why I think it is a bad game. Then, I just simply don't care about anymore. I left this review for anyone who has not bought the game yet. DON'T DO IT. It is not 200hr of fun, it is 200hr thinking "it will get better later." I feel really bad getting all my friends playing D3 since all of them quite already. So if I can just save one person from buying this awful game, I will feel much better. Expand
  68. Aug 25, 2012
    Visuals - as my casual gamer sister said when she caught me playing diablo 3: the graphics are way too Ragnarok-like for a game about demons. For me it would kind of work if the graphics were oriented for a game such as Bastion but it just doesn´t fit the mood here; maybe I´m not the target market for this stuff, perhaps it was never intended for a mature audience. But evenVisuals - as my casual gamer sister said when she caught me playing diablo 3: the graphics are way too Ragnarok-like for a game about demons. For me it would kind of work if the graphics were oriented for a game such as Bastion but it just doesn´t fit the mood here; maybe I´m not the target market for this stuff, perhaps it was never intended for a mature audience. But even then starcraft 2 is graphically darker than this.
    Leveling up - the whole chain of evolution is visually available from the very beginning and as you receive new abilities just by leveling up you test them and see their uselessness and go back to your previous killer formula. You have no paths to choose and/or costumize your character, it 's just a straight line ahead without much thinking nor branch working.
    Level design - as most maps are "randomly" generated you should finished them the first time you encounter them since if you logout and login minutes later the whole configuration will be disposed in a different lego-like block struture. This is nice in a way because it gives a more "challenging" map but as you don't interact very much with the scenery, the traps in it for you to use against enemies are useless, you just pass through a painterly wallpaper most of the time having enemies mostly as a mean to reduce game progression. Besides the dungeons everthing is a straight line and even the dungeons only serve to explore and find the audiologs in diaries form, which works a lot better in bioshock than here. A world-map sandbox universe would have worked wonders here (zelda like or even metroid like), instead they made as straight lined as Final Fantasy XIII, probably even more.
    History: everything is so handed down and the hand holding just never stops, pretty much this whole game history can be totally explained in 4 phrases. And don't get me wrong, they have some nice points, although I still have my doubts about what deserved a CGI cutscene and what didn't, the way which it was treated and served mostly ruined it for me, a very Disney/Pixar approach.
    I just finished a demon hunter 4 Acts playthrough and I had as friendly AI to fight the demons a thief, an arcanist and a templar like guy. Where were the monks, mages and wizards? And Tyrael's uselessness is unbelievable...
    I wonder how courageous or just ill-willing the producers were to pull this out and give us a collector edition with diablo 2 and its expasion along with it. Probably just lazy and greedy.
    On its own it's hardly one of the worst games I've played but not in the spectrum of the bests either. Also it doesn't add anything new to the mixture, so it doesn't even have the excuse of being experimental. Sadly more disappointing than starcraft 2.
  69. May 20, 2012
    Okay, Diablo 3's quite good, but the download and login problems are bloody chronic. I think this low rating gives a nice little warning that making single player games require login, then **** up the login servers just isn't acceptable. Giving 3/10 to push it closer to 3.3 (as in Error 33).
  70. May 20, 2012
    I am no doubt in the minority of people who do not find the DRM to be a problem. I am always connected to the internet, and yes; the first few days of server issues were annoying but there are more serious problems with the game. Considering how long this game has been in development, it is appalling to see how little has been done to improve the Diablo formula. For years many games suchI am no doubt in the minority of people who do not find the DRM to be a problem. I am always connected to the internet, and yes; the first few days of server issues were annoying but there are more serious problems with the game. Considering how long this game has been in development, it is appalling to see how little has been done to improve the Diablo formula. For years many games such as Torchlight have been considered "Diablo-clones," but the master has a lot of learning to do from the students.

For starters the graphics are terrible for such a simple game. The spell effects are hit and miss, but for the most part they are quite lacking in polish considering how much could be done (and how much time they've had to do it).

The game's mechanics are as simple as they should be, but the problem I have is with character development. Characters get no appearance customization, leaving you to look exactly like all of the others that share the same class and gender. Armor changes look so infrequently you can go a whole act and none of your teammates will notice your equipment has changed. Weapons are recycled models, with nothing new ever added into the mix as you progress. Even with all of these simple faults that could lead to the game being more enjoyable, none surpass the problems with skills and stats.

The skill system is by far the most boring aspect of the game. Each character is given skills at varying levels and then runes to equip and upgrade your skills. This system gives you preselected upgrades and completely removes player input on how they want their character to evolve. My monk is set up for tanking, and less than half of the times I've leveled has he ever a got something to increase his ability to tank. This means the majority of the time I spend leveling with him, I use the same skills I've been using since the first act on normal difficulty. I feel as though he really isn't changing, and I have no input at all how I would like him to change. I will be the first to applaud Blizzard for trying something new, but this system is not good. I honestly would have preferred gaining skill points and being able to choose my skills, and use skill points to upgrade them. Currently, my main skills change so infrequently, it feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over until I get so bored I have to play something else to avoid falling asleep.

Stats are another problem area for this game. Depending on your class you will only be stacking in two stats. Vitality is for everyone since it gives you added health (and thus survivability). Barbarians stack strength, Witch Doctors and Wizards stack intelligence, and Monks and Demon Hunters stack dexterity. If you have a stat not specified for your class, all you gain is an arbitrary bonus (int gives resistance, dex gives dodge, and str gives armor). This means stat balancing is non-existent. As it stands, there is no reason for a Wizard to have any dexterity because it does not provide critical chance, nor will it increase any of his abilities. This has removed the need for allocating stat points when you level, but makes armor and weapon choices a simple yes or no. It also makes you wonder why the in burning hells you just found a Witch Doctor off-hand that has strength and dexterity.

Lastly I'll wrap up my complaints with a few quick points about other problems I've noticed. Voice acting is terrible. Polish is nice, but they only polished a turd. Crafting system provides equipment of a lesser value than of what you find out in the world (and yet you have to use the equipment you find to salvage for parts to make new equipment). Story is way too short (four acts total amassing MAYBE 10 hours on your first play through). Harder difficulties only give trash mobs more hp (too much if you ask me) instead of the preferred method of more difficult enemies. Dungeons don't feel different at all on multiple play throughs. With all of these problems, it does have some nice qualities. The combat is often fun. Getting a new skill or rune will sometimes change up your strategy enough to where you'll feel like you're playing a new class. Tanking is fun for those who do not like relying on someone else keeping you alive. It's active and involved and the game makes sure your full attention is on it, or you will suffer a death.

To sum up, this game does not feel finished, and it feels more like a beta than a full game.From any other game company I would have held it to lower standards, but considering it was Blizzard and considering how long it took; this game is a poor excuse for a Diablo sequel. I would not recommend to anyone to buy this game. If the price ever dropped below $15, then maybe, but it is not worth the $60 you would waste on it otherwise.
  71. May 21, 2012
    The inability to play offline, repetitive gameplay, predictable plot and sub-par graphics not to mention numerous bugs and connection issues have led me to give this game a 0/10 simply as a way to show my frustration.
  72. May 27, 2012
    Blizzard obviously spent more time developing the monetization scheme of this mediocre game than they did focusing on the player experience. What should be a stellar Single player/ Coop action RPG experience feels more like a cheap free 2 play/ pay to win MMO treadmill. Farming and crafting are worthless as you level. Everything you find or craft at a given level is pathetic compared toBlizzard obviously spent more time developing the monetization scheme of this mediocre game than they did focusing on the player experience. What should be a stellar Single player/ Coop action RPG experience feels more like a cheap free 2 play/ pay to win MMO treadmill. Farming and crafting are worthless as you level. Everything you find or craft at a given level is pathetic compared to what you will buy on the AH. The game is designed to herd frustrated players to the real money auction house where you can give your money to hackers, gold farmers, and exploiters to get the gear you need to get to the next act...and Blizzard will take a cut. Story, gameplay, and graphics are mediocre- really uninspired.
    Server issues and security issues should be an embarrassment to Blizzard, which has had more than enough time and resources to sort things out. Really shabby work and a waste of the Diablo name. Blizzard continues to disappoint.
  73. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 proberly the worst hack and slash game ever created in history of gaming. Charecter customization has been dumbed down so much that every player is the same. The overall gameplay is boring and frustating as best. The game is designed so you have to pay real life money on there auction house to get gear. The days where you could kill endless stream of monsters to satisfy you gearDiablo 3 proberly the worst hack and slash game ever created in history of gaming. Charecter customization has been dumbed down so much that every player is the same. The overall gameplay is boring and frustating as best. The game is designed so you have to pay real life money on there auction house to get gear. The days where you could kill endless stream of monsters to satisfy you gear needs are gone. Its really hard to belive its the same company that made Diablo and Diablo 2. Dont buy this crap game, waste of money. It do got nice graphic thats the reason why im giving it +1 Expand
  74. Jun 23, 2012
    I created an account on this site just to review this game. I'm going to break this post down by the pros and cons of this game and its developer.

Pros: -better graphics -new classes -professions -cool animations -rune system diversity -porting to allies -identifying/porting fix -AH Cons: -online only -lack of story and short campaign -initial server problems (no excuse

Pros:
    -better graphics
    -new classes
    -professions
    -cool animations
    -rune system diversity
    -porting to allies
    -identifying/porting fix
    -AH

Cons:
    -online only
    -lack of story and short campaign
    -initial server problems (no excuse for that)
    -constant nerfs to gold/itemization outside of AH
    -RMAH
    -under powered professions

Overall the game felt more like an expansion. Whats really been pissing me off lately is how these developers are trying to find new ways to scheme more money out of people. Nowadays when I pay $60 for a game, generally you can expect 6-8 solid hours of gaming. This feels like a fraction of the time it took me to complete games back in the day AND they were less expensive. Now games have monthly fees, DLC which cost more $, the RMAH % cut, and all these other methods for making more money and giving us less of a game. Quite frankly I'm sick and tired of this ****

I was an avid player of D2 and had big expectations for D3. There was a big part of my problem right there, but why not expect big things? Blizz has the money, the talent, the fan base, and the time to create some solid games but here lately I'm just not seeing it.

I think the user review here isn't accurate but the professional critic reviews are equally as inaccurate. Out of the GBs of space Blizzard's games require you'd expect more out of this game. If you were content paying $60 just to play the game through once or twice then more power to you. But if your me you can't help but agonize at the bastardization from D2 to this wannabe D3.

For me video games are becoming like the movies. Create a hot trailer with a few big names which bring a certain revenue then insert the camera into someone's anal cavity and start filming and expect people not to download it. I'm sorry but I can't support these corporations who are going to put profit > product. If you have a good product the profit will always be there, but the emphasis needs to be on the product.

These companies are more concerned with getting away with the bare minimum to achieve maximum profit then have the audacity to sell us more stuff on the side that should have initially been included.
  75. Jul 19, 2012
    This Game ist Very Bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  76. Jul 21, 2012
    The game doesn't reward you at all. You have to play like 50 hours just to get a decent item you can sell for 20$. This is below the minimum wage in China. Blizzard want to turn their player base into a slave labor, so they can make out like a bandit. This game is work, it's not a game it's work.
  77. Aug 5, 2012
    Most disappointing game I have ever played. I cannot recommend this game in its current state. Its fun going from level 1-60, but the end-game is the most terrible idea in gaming yet. The game engine purrs and combat is fun. I even enjoy the new build system. However, in the end the game feels like a scam. Every patch that has come out since release has made the game worse. You use to beMost disappointing game I have ever played. I cannot recommend this game in its current state. Its fun going from level 1-60, but the end-game is the most terrible idea in gaming yet. The game engine purrs and combat is fun. I even enjoy the new build system. However, in the end the game feels like a scam. Every patch that has come out since release has made the game worse. You use to be able to find gear when you opened a chest but now that doesn't happen. You used to be able to die without paying ridiculously high repair costs, but now the game is nearly unplayable unless you farm for hours a day for gold or buy gold using real money in the RMAH (real money auction house). The drop rate of items is based of the AH(auction house with in game gold)/RMAH, so sometime in the middle of hell mode using the AH becomes nearly mandatory. By the time you get to inferno mode you MUST use the AH to progress, because the drop rates are abysmal. In inferno mode, with a level requirement of 60, monsters will most often drop gear less than 60 that is useless. The gear that is level 60 normally has useless stats that no one would ever want. People who succeed in this game use exploits in-game or in the AH. The game itself is filled with boters who exploit the AH and farm for gold. This makes gold prices on the AH ridiculously high, and making the game nearly unplayable for the average player. The abysmal drop rates, combined with the high repair costs all point players to the RMAH. The drop rate issue, along with the repair costs, and the RMAH have ruined the end-game. The game feels pay-to-win and this will only get worse once PVP is released (there is NO PVP currently) when people will pay $1000.00 to deck out their characters. The game feels more like a scam for your money than a form of entertainment. All my friends who were playing on release who have stopped playing. Besides all of the above reasons, cooperative (co-op) play is discouraged in the end-game as well. Even though its easy to join a game with your friends the massive HP boost the monsters get (110% per player joining) makes it more efficient to play solo. They used to get a massive damage boost too (which made it absolutely impossible to play co-op) luckily they removed that. However, there is a five buff limit in the game which a person could reach easily on solo mode. This means that the buffs you're friends give you will either cancel out a buff you wanted to have or have no effect. Likewise, any public game you join in inferno mode will 99% of the time end up facing a nearly impossibly randomly generated elite pack and thus dying over and over again... again increasing repair costs and making you farm lower content for gold to continue playing or paying real money for gold. There are more reasons I have no included like lack of PVP, consistent lag issues, no off-line mode, lack of customization, and lack of real randomization but I'll stop here. Basically, this game feels like a $60 scam to try to rip you off of more of your money. I have no confidence that they will improve the game. Look into other forms of entertainment for your $60. This is not the sequel to Diablo 2 we have been waiting for; It is the most disappointing game of 2012. Expand
  78. May 15, 2012
    They took everything i hated about WOW and put it in Diablo. Then they took everything i loved about Diablo. Character customization gone, item collection gone, fun gone
  79. May 15, 2012
    As many others stated before, the game itself is unplayable due to lack of foresight on the developer/publishers part. the 20 minutes i spent ingame were fun enough, but if a game is not capable of working online since the servers are overloaded and due to drm decision features no single player game that could work offline or maybe with a direct coop playerhosted connection, then it hasAs many others stated before, the game itself is unplayable due to lack of foresight on the developer/publishers part. the 20 minutes i spent ingame were fun enough, but if a game is not capable of working online since the servers are overloaded and due to drm decision features no single player game that could work offline or maybe with a direct coop playerhosted connection, then it has major technical flaws which make the inaccessible gameplay obsolete. this may be forgiven for some indie developers who could in no way anticipate the interest in their game, but with a blizzard/ea combo this is beyond excuses. Expand
  80. May 15, 2012
    Impossibly trimmed - boring (-4 points), over-hyped (-2 point) diablo game with WoW-like feeling and optimized for consoles (-2 points)? Yes! For average consumers. Failed European launch (-0.5 point).
    So I must give you Blizzard 1.5 / 10 points ... but seriously, selling this kind of garbage for 60 euros? I was trying not to lose hope in you - from beta patch 3 till end of the beta. I'm really disappointed and sad.
  81. May 15, 2012
    This game is inexcuseable. Nothing, absolutely nothing, can justify this tripe that Blizzard brands as Diablo 3. I wont even get into the DRM, Auction House or connection issues, they're well and truly taken care off, but instead focus on the level cap. Does anyone in Blizzard even remember Diablo 2 any more? Sure you replayed the game repeatedly for drops, but also to get xp for thatThis game is inexcuseable. Nothing, absolutely nothing, can justify this tripe that Blizzard brands as Diablo 3. I wont even get into the DRM, Auction House or connection issues, they're well and truly taken care off, but instead focus on the level cap. Does anyone in Blizzard even remember Diablo 2 any more? Sure you replayed the game repeatedly for drops, but also to get xp for that extra level...for those extra few abillity points. And as your level went up and the game scaled, you had to put in a LOT of time to gain more and more levels, and if you died you had to retrieve your stuff in a non too friendly dungeon. I can't tell if you still have to retrieve your stuff manually, because I completed the game without dying, and without even coming close. Level 60 level cap shows PRECISELY what this game is: A VERY poor WOW imitation, with even less character customization than the afore mentioned.
    This game is in essence a game for kids. There is no balancing the skills, balancing the abillity scores or collecting those butch weapons. Thats all gone. Instead you get a game where everybody will end up as clones. My 3 year old boy has a game called "Bunny goes camping" where you solve puzzles and get awarded gear for a big party. Diablo 3 plays exactly like that game, and I am being perfectly honest. The game just isn't worth it.
    Then there's all the counter BS about how you can't give a game a "0". I can and I will, and I'll tell you why. Blizzard has advertised this game in a big way. So much so that they were setting them self up to fail. Imagine Lord of the Rings shot in a University dorm, with the outside shots on the campus park grounds, all with shaky videocamera. Wouldn't be LOTR now would it? By the same standards, Diablo 3 completely bombs and for that reason it deserves a 0.
    Do NOT buy this game. Not now, not later(after they've patched it), not ever. Steer well clear of this title unless you're a WOW fan, in which case you'll love it.
  82. May 15, 2012
    Outdated graphics, repetitive gameplay, laughably bad voiceacting, amateurish level design, no customization, and unstable servers. The music is decent though. This game proves that single player games should never be online only. Too bad Blizzard has so much clout that other companies will start copying this system. I'll be asking for a refund.
  83. May 15, 2012
    Gasme sucks, graphics suck, completely nothing like original D1 and D2. Feels more like WoW, enjoy people showing off their purchased gear, can't log in, steaming pile of crap.
  84. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3, finally after 12 years this game is released. When I preordered this game I expected to play it the moment the servers were open. So I try to login and get a "Error 37" message. I try for about half an hour and finally I can enter the realms of Diablo. Within the first hour of Diablo 3 I find out that there is no character customization at all and no attribute points at all. TheDiablo 3, finally after 12 years this game is released. When I preordered this game I expected to play it the moment the servers were open. So I try to login and get a "Error 37" message. I try for about half an hour and finally I can enter the realms of Diablo. Within the first hour of Diablo 3 I find out that there is no character customization at all and no attribute points at all. The "deepness" of the first two games are all thrown out of the window. Instead we are greeted with a simplified version of Diablo 2 with cartoony graphics which look quite outdated, however I would like to add that the sound effects are great.
    Now I see what Blizzard did here. They used the name Diablo and made a casual game to get some quick cash. As expected a lot of people (2 million+) bought it even though this game doesn't deserve all the hype it got. It's not a great game, if anything it's mediocre.
    Now another problem I have with this game is the DRM. I can't believe that people put up with this... Gamers should boycott game companies that do this and not let them get away with it.
    You remember when single-player games didn't require an internet connection? I do, but apparently Blizzard doesn't. This game requires a internet connection .. yeah. A single-player game that requires DRM.. So just imagine for a second Blizzards Diablo 3 servers being Ddos attacked. It would mean that you wont be able to play Diablo 3, even though it's a single-player game.

SO because of all of this, I would rate this game a 3. 12 years waiting for a alpha clone of Diablo 2.. No thanks
  85. May 15, 2012
    This game isn't even worth looking at it. Obviously, all of them developers are largely overpaid. and to say we've waited 12 years for this game, is a bit shameful. Shame on Blizzard for delivering such a botched up, wanna-be World Of Warcraft products to their clients. And shame on us, the clients, for believing they'd have done otherwise.
  86. May 15, 2012
    Great art style and it runs well on older systems. Unfortunately, that's where the fun ends. The classes are weak and uninteresting, your hand is held through every step of the game and Blizzard is legitimizing the pay to win model through the real money auction house. To top if off, this game employs some of the worst industry DRM, requiring an Internet connection at all times, even ifGreat art style and it runs well on older systems. Unfortunately, that's where the fun ends. The classes are weak and uninteresting, your hand is held through every step of the game and Blizzard is legitimizing the pay to win model through the real money auction house. To top if off, this game employs some of the worst industry DRM, requiring an Internet connection at all times, even if you are playing single player mode and have no intention of using the auction house or coop game play. Expand
  87. May 15, 2012
    This is unbelievable. You defenders can call us any names in the book, but the fact remains, that we have paid for an unfinished and flawed product. This is a BETA, and at that, an broken beta. As a consumer, I expect to have a polished product when I pay for it. I know this game will eventually live up to its name, but released as it is now, is unacceptable and blizzard as a companyThis is unbelievable. You defenders can call us any names in the book, but the fact remains, that we have paid for an unfinished and flawed product. This is a BETA, and at that, an broken beta. As a consumer, I expect to have a polished product when I pay for it. I know this game will eventually live up to its name, but released as it is now, is unacceptable and blizzard as a company should hold people within its org accountable for the misses on release day. Expand
  88. May 15, 2012
    How does a company of a major MMO still have problems at launch in this day?
    Blizzard makes millions of dollars. Surely, the beta meant something, right?
    Nope. They release a demo, tack the name of "beta" on there, all for marketing. People say ignore the trolls? Blizzard is the one that is trolling. They've literally dumbed down the game, made it a trainride ARPG and are banking off
    How does a company of a major MMO still have problems at launch in this day?
    Blizzard makes millions of dollars. Surely, the beta meant something, right?

Nope.

They release a demo, tack the name of "beta" on there, all for marketing.
    People say ignore the trolls? Blizzard is the one that is trolling.
    They've literally dumbed down the game, made it a trainride ARPG and are banking off it.
    IF I could return this game, I would in an instant.
    My first PC game was Diablo 2 about 12 years ago, loved everything about it that Blizzard offered.

I guess in this day and age, it's more about quantity than quality..
    Anything for a quick buck and Diablo 3 is proof of that.
  89. May 15, 2012
    This review would be much higher if they'd included an offline mode, probably around an 8 or a 9. I loved Diablo 2, and I love what I've been able to play of Diablo 3. However, I've only been able to play around an hour of if due to server issues. While they will certainly (hopefully?) diminish overtime, one of my favorite things about Diablo 2 was the ability to play whenever and whereverThis review would be much higher if they'd included an offline mode, probably around an 8 or a 9. I loved Diablo 2, and I love what I've been able to play of Diablo 3. However, I've only been able to play around an hour of if due to server issues. While they will certainly (hopefully?) diminish overtime, one of my favorite things about Diablo 2 was the ability to play whenever and wherever on my laptop without requiring an internet connection. By making the game online only, Blizzard, you're saying that you don't trust the players, but expect the players to completely trust you. That's a deal breaker Expand
  90. May 15, 2012
    Ok, I actually signed up for Metacritic just to post my score on how horrible this game is. Avoid at all cost. Not even worth playing if it were $5.
  91. May 15, 2012
    They destroyed the game and you cant even play singleplayer cause the servers down. The graphics is really bad. I cant belive this is what they deliver after all that wait.
  92. May 15, 2012
    Well this review is based on the fact that Blizzard does not allow you to play from 4pm to 4am, which means either I have to skip work to play or get up obscenely early in the morning for some play time. How about next time you realize the entire planet is going to be trying to play the first month after launch and not require playing online for single player??!!!
    Online only game where
    Online only game where your servers can't handle the load? FAIL
  93. May 15, 2012
    I was a tremendous fan of the game during beta. I played the hell out of the 2 hour beta, beating it with every character. There were some problems getting the beta off its feet, but the experience became seamless. I heard the open beta weekend performed similarly. But now? On the release day? Blizzard's intrusive DRM is preventing me from playing my single player game. GG Blizz, you had aI was a tremendous fan of the game during beta. I played the hell out of the 2 hour beta, beating it with every character. There were some problems getting the beta off its feet, but the experience became seamless. I heard the open beta weekend performed similarly. But now? On the release day? Blizzard's intrusive DRM is preventing me from playing my single player game. GG Blizz, you had a good run. Expand
  94. May 15, 2012
    I wouldn't mind the DRM if it was actually working... Worst launch ever. Really disappointed. The game itself seems ok, but not great. These guy ruined one of the most enjoyable and profitable franchise of all time.
  95. May 15, 2012
    This would be such a great game, if it was playable. This has to be the most horrible launch in the history of PC gaming. Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. Working on this game for 10 years, with the experience of running the most successful mmo in history, and they can't even handle a co-op game. Shame on you, blizzard. Shame on you.
  96. May 15, 2012
    Absolute **** that I paid for two copies of this game, which is mediocre at best to play with my wife and they cant keep it up for an hour. Why do I need to be logged on to their server again? It is so they can protect their game, which I will need to go download a pirated version of off so I can actually play it.

I have to assume they fired all the talented coders so they could hire more

I have to assume they fired all the talented coders so they could hire more legal **** and artists to make this pretty fail they call a game. I am happy to go back and play Dark Souls until Guild Wars comes out, fing losers.
  97. May 15, 2012
    Disappointing & pathetic "launch". Make an offline-mode available and things may be better, but as-is ... it's an embarassment to Blizzard. They should be ashamed of their 'best effort'. It's a joke, especially after years and years of "testing". Just give me my pre-order money back Blizzard and all is forgiven.
  98. May 15, 2012
    This is a single player game. It should not require a server to play. When the servers fail, I cannot play. There is no point to this. It would work fine if there was no client server model. I want my money back.
  99. May 15, 2012
    No offline mode. Servers can't stay up. Activision has destroyed everything that was previously good about Blizzard. Stay away unless you want to be disappointed.
  100. May 15, 2012
    A huge disappointment, no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up, WoW inspired skills. World PvP removed and the only PvP options is a WoW-clone arena. At the moment it seems I've spent $60 for a wow-clone I can't even play....

1. Aug 31, 2012