3.9

1. May 22, 2012
    It has been over a week now since i started playing this game, and i have yet to finish it. reason? lag. oh I'm playing it by myself, but thanks to blizzards 'always online' DRM, along with their horrible servers, i literally can not make it 5 minutes into the game without losing connection or rubber-banding into my death... yes, ive died many times in this game, because of lag and only because of lag. I'm literally stuck at the final boss dieing over and over again because all of a sudden my connection will drop out and 30+ seconds later, the servers catch back up, bringing my death with it. is it my computer? no, im not new to PC gaming, i can play almost every modern game out there, max settings, DX11, tessellation on high, physx, etc. is it my internet connection? no, again, im not new to PC gaming. i can spend entire afternoons in games like TF2 or L4D with no troubles at all. aside from the horrible first week this game has been having with the servers, a new problem is now occurring. a massive amount of people are having their accounts hacked and their items and gear stolen. all of this because in a few weeks Blizzard wants to open up a Real-Money Auction House. This game-item theft concept isnt new, for anyone who's ever played an MMORPG before. Long story short, save your money. this game is barely playable. when it is, it is a fun game, not as good as Diablo2, but still good. however im still giving it a low score because Blizzard demands that their horrible servers be a part of your experience. Expand
  2. May 22, 2012
    Horrible waste of money, when the servers are actually online they are abysmally slow.
    Doesn't help that I've been looking forward to this game for years...
  3. May 23, 2012
    You can see Blizzard's merging of their IPs in this game. It takes graphical, interface, and gameplay elements from WoW and SCII. I don't like this and how it ends up effecting things that we've come to like in the Diablo series such as the depth of character customization like a classic RPG. You can't distribute your skill points, yes it makes things more simple, but it points back to WoW and SC, the merging of these elements probably saves money (or at least allocates it for other things that may or not be improvements) but it takes away from the soul/character of the original. D3 was probably built on the SC 2 game engine..I don't want it to feel like SC! The story was a travesty, two major characters were killed off and in a cheesy cut scenes. The acts had similar environments as D2, (desert, jungle, forest, hell-ish) which was fine I suppose. No open world PvP? A WoW auction house? Sorry, I have such mixed emotions about it right now that I can't put it into words, I almost feel like I shouldn't have even played it because I can't erase the bad parts! could only wish for my memory to be erased and Blizzard to do proper justice to the game. I don't even want to play through again because it's so depressing. You go back 6 years and SC, WoW and D2 felt like DIFFERENT GAMES, now it's just a mix of all, over simplified and ...ugh so frustrating!

I did like the graphics and sound but I found that sometimes the journals, voices and character interaction sound levels varied a lot so I found myself adjusting the sound here and there.
  4. May 23, 2012
    It's an extremely stripped down and dumbed down version of Diablo 2. I suspect the game was purposely made the way it is so they could make money off the real money auction house. The fact that you are required to be online on their servers 100% of the time was just a terrible idea. It's very painful to see a series I loved so much to be ruined by moments of server lag, outages and mid-game disconnects. It really ruins the story aspect of the game when you're fighting Diablo for the first time and just before you kill him you get disconnected from the server. People were giving advice and begging for the better part of a year on the beta forums for small changes to be made and were completely ignored. The game was actually more complex back then and they ended up stripping it down to make it easier to play to the general audience. Only very small amounts of the game are randomized now. Most outdoor areas and dungeons are 95% similar every time you go through them.

The gear is just terribly done. Played through the game till act 3 of hell before I found a single unique (still no set items) and I was happy that it was a fist weapon for my monk. It was junk and I sold it at auction for cheap. Rare items drop very frequently and often are much better than the best set or unique items.

The boss monsters are jokes. Really. With a decent build and life steal as a monk you can stand and just punch Diablo in hell mode and you will rarely see your health dip below 80%. Meanwhile the elite mobs in act 1 will tear you apart before you can attack them.

I haven't played enough to really say anything about the balance issues in inferno or with other classes, so I'm not going to comment on that.

All being said, the game IS fun. $60 fun? Not really. As a successor to Diablo 2? Mediocre at best. Ignoring how much 'effort' they put into the whole game hub with the auction house, the game feels like a $20 indie game you'd find on Steam that you'd seriously consider buying but then would decide to wait until it was on sale for at least 33% off.
  5. May 23, 2012
    Diablo II was a Diablo sequel made for Diablo fans. Everything about it was bigger, badder, better. Diablo II is clearly a Diablo game made for WoW fans. Clearly the core ethos of Blizzard Entertainment has dissolved in to the ether. It's barely more than a naked money grab. The video game version of the Star Wars prequals. Or just another version of Dragon Age II.

What's actually
    new here? Simplified skill system that takes away meaningful choice. Obelisks that transport you out of dungeons. No TP scrolls, no need to go to town to identify rares. Cash-based auction house. "Lore" bits that play audio over the top of the game itself (after popping out of the same stupid satchel), making it clear that you aren't role playing or adventuring here, you're controlling an avatar in a video game. Everything new is designed to make the game more accessible to casual gamers and easier to monetize. This is made perfectly clear by the need to have half of the dialogue be a retelling of 1 & 2. In the short term, I'm sure they made decisions that will help the bottom line. In the long term, this is how brands get destroyed. But I guess if you're an executive these days, it's all about getting your quick buck and leaving the consequences to the next guy. Expand
  6. May 23, 2012
    Cannot believe how disappointing this game has been to me. Blizzard completely missed the mark.

And yet they literally remain silent, hundreds of thousands of accounts are being hacked every single day because of a server loophole and they say and do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention the fact that blues are better than legionaries, and the ecenomic situation the auction house is in
    due to the 5000 exploitable chests/bosses etc that are in this game, its not about grinding gear for inferno it's about grinding money for buying gear from the AH that people have exploited to farm inferno. Expand
  7. May 24, 2012
    I have been waiting for Diablo III for a very long time, now the moment of truth has arrived and I am mildly disappointed. Even though I was not able to customize my skill trees like its predecessor, it still gave me 5 different class to choose from and eventually they will add more in the coming expansion. The worst part of this game is the always online DRM. Server goes down I can't play, high latency I can't play. No internet I can't play, It would have been better if I can have an offline mode separate from the online. I just want to play this game even if it has to authenticate online everytime I play it, it would be ok but constantly online is a fail. Expand
  8. May 24, 2012
    My Play Experience Based on a Timeline of Events as an original diablo 1 and diablo 2 / LOD player in north America : Launch Night 10:30pm - Arrived in Line Excited to get Collectors edition preorder Midnight Launch Eve - Got my copy and raced home to insert serial number Everything Accomplished Go to Bed to wake up early and play. Start my demon hunter around 930 am played for a couple hours servers are down.

Continue playing with several server down moments all the way through normal difficulty exploring everything and going through all of the semi-boring repetitive lore. Day 3 - Beat Diablo 3 on normal and begin to explore the problem plagued auction house and start to notice several other bugs in the game.

Day 4 - About halfway through nightmare, Game has lost its fun and feels like Im grinding for no reason what so ever anymore. No Real World PvP, WoW style auction house and lack of character customization.
    Day 6 - After a break decide to go back and play some more with friends, beat nightmare and began hell...yet still terribly disappointed with the game, beat nightmare and move to hell difficulty. Game play begins to require more strategy with groups and FORCED switching of skills to beat certain mobs and bosses. Beginning to see no real reason for the black smith as its redundant when the auction house is faster and sometimes cheaper also noticed that the way MF works has changed since diablo 2 and some stats are broken / read incorrectly with certain items equipped. Game keeps dropping me when I minimize for several seconds, making adjustments to my TDP and UDP drop settings on the router seemed to have fixed this a bit.
    Day 7- Playing with my buddy and a higher level friend both having decently high MF after a friend that was outside our level range joined our game we noticed a significant decrease in yellow drops for that difficulty especially when none of us have beaten said bosses or champion mobs before, asked him to leave the game to try and see if him being outside the level range of the mobs effected the drop rate (AKA like an MMO where mobs are non-colored or GREYED out due to level range and do not drop loot anymore) did not seem to fix the problem. Only after everyone quitting the game and creating a new party was the problem rectified. Also took note that during peak game play hours rare drops seemed to happen less (Probably so the auction house doesn't get flooded and a ratio is kept especially since only 10 items are allowed on the AH at a time.)

Day 9 - Jumped online at an off peak time to test theory of rare drop ratio. So far evidence would dictate that it is true rare drop rates are lower during peak game play hours. Going to continue testing this theory without changing any gear and repetitively doing the same general quest / area with the same person as before.

My experience of the game so far ...
    1 Graphics : Really loved the first play through even though the graphics were stolen from WoW except I give mad props to the implemented physics engine. The graphics are definitely not as evil feeling and dark as the original games which saddens me alot. I feel as though its diablo painted over WoW...and (SPOILER) **Whats up with this **** **** Pony Level? I was hoping for a cow level not some colorful pony level that hurts my eyes.** Fail on the graphics blizzard. 2. Sound: No complainants here really. Voice actors were good, I do think that some of the voice overs we WAYY to stereo-typical. Could have done a better job on the sound of some of the attacks and creatures for sure. BOSSES ESPECIALLY.

3. Single Player Experience: Non Existent ; I did try to play the game solo when friends were not online, its way to easy. If you started playing multi player with friends you will no doubtly be geared better than soloists and it makes game play cheesy and boring.

4. Multi player Game play : LAG LAG LAG , Having said that I have a good rig and great connection. Blizzard still has alot of kinks to work out. With a lacking choice in character classes and the lacking of a customizable skill tree instead of this forced style only allowing you to switch skills to certain buttons or hot keys to make you use "Strategy" for killing certain mobs in hell or inferno difficulty. A promised feature of PvP that was never released sadly hopefully it will soon especially if it only takes an average player 2 weeks of solid play to easily "Twink" out a level 60 character, I am not looking forward to the real currency auction house and arena based combat, I believe this will kill the game except for the WoW fanatics that will still be playing.

Overall : Score - 3.5ish

I give them points for trying but money was on they're mind when they made the game and it was obviously rushed into production. I would have never guessed that they spent 4 years making this game. A new player to the franchise would even recognize that this was a poorly made game.
  9. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3. A game i had a lot of hopes for. When diablo 2 was still new and shiny, it was a MUST for me and many of my friend's, i remember before going to school at morning i stopped by a classmate...We played some cow runs and then went to school together, chatting all the way about how good the game is. Enough of that. I'll go trough some pointers about the game.

Story - Most important factor for me when choosing a singleplayer (This game does not have community and playing with friend's is not a benefit since you can only fit few of em)...Well story was bad, very bad...Not just a favorite "good" guy got turned into human like in B-Type Hollywood movie "You guys suck, i save humanity by going weak!" and other one died.

Gameplay & Difficulty - Gameplay was very nice for a while. After i hit lvl 60 i realized i was playing a very polished experience of "run trough everything". It was fun to get exp and unlock new stuff. After 60 rapidly everything is dumbed down. You don' get experience, you don't get new skills, no attributes and only way to progress you'r character is to get more items. I reached act 3 inferno. It was pretty challenging...It did not test my skills how i can time my spells or how can i ditch damage before an object hits me. It tested how good i can run and do few hits, then run even more...Do enough dmg in 5min's or start over.

Items & AH - Items...Legendary/Set item's has nice stats. Some of em has quite nice affixes...They are not very useful though...This game revolves around having very high dps weapon and as much of main stat you can muster. Then it's same old critical chance, critical damage and attack speed. So when you look for an item, you need same stat's you are having on you'r character right now, but with improved versions. Blizzard said that you don't need to go to ah/Rmah in order to progress...Well on my quest to find awesome items that will carry me trough inferno act 2...I farmed a lot and only found several good item's...For someone else. So natural progression...It's doable...If you'r butt can hold enough to farm same act for hours and hours...

My real review:

This game is made for people who like's to grind same thing over and over without having no benefit if possibility for some real money cash is not counted for. You'r character wont progress and character will never be a unique in ways it was in Diablo 2. Everything is set the second you create an character and there is no customization (You can ink you'r gear, unless you like legendary quality....). I highly recommend for a person who isn't looking a game that last's long. Play the game trough and forget the thing...You will be satisfied, as a person who was looking for a game to play long time....Well let's just say i was stupid enough to fall for the trick that Blizzard can make awesome sequel. Graphics are okay in my opinion, sadly it's 2012 when they could push harder for better quality. But it's known fact that blizzard sacrifices graphics quality in order to get more people into the games. I learned my lesson...I will not buy a another blizzard product unless i see all fact's about the game. This game was unplayable for some time and looking at it's future it wont be a game most of us hoped it would be.
  10. May 24, 2012
    I'm over 20 hours into the game and I am severely disappointed. The game has some upsides like: the storyline (nothing amazing, but still good), the controls (very simple to grasp and entertaining), the animations (feel powerful/quick), quickly joining friends games, and the skill system (easy to change and experiment with).

However, the bad FAR outweighs the good. - First is connectivity
    (DRM). I'm OK with it being online, but they need to stabilize the servers. I have a higher-end, very solid system with high-speed cable internet and I still get disconnects, huge latency spikes, and game crashes (2 of which have caused me to lose loot from a boss).
    - Second (related to DRM) is the hacked accounts. While many users are at fault for hacked accounts, this would never be an issue if there wasn't DRM required.
    - Third is the graphics. They are decent and I understand that they are marketing to all systems and not just top-end, but they look worse than WoW which is almost 10 years old. How can we have gorgeous games like Skyrim out there with games still being released that look like D3!?
    - Fourth, huge lack of features. Can't break apart chat channels, disorganized friend's listings, terrible searching/sorting capability of AH, etc. There are so many of these basic features they could have ported over from WoW and they would have been perfect but right now they're just garbage.

This game feels like an Indie game that was developed in about a year or two, not a big 'box office' hit with 8+ years in the making. Fun, but a long way to go to be a 'good game'.
  11. May 24, 2012
    ........ 1/10 OVERALL score. This game is LITERALLY terrible. fun game to play, yes. but not for long. the internal story and shallow thought that put this game together is mediocre. and with 10+ years? all they did was make Diablo 2 for those with IQ of 50 or below and add better graphics and new characters...
  12. May 24, 2012
    Every aspect of failure now live was spotted half a year ago by some keen minds familiar with real game design. Nothing was ever done about it. A real slap in the face. (link: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27832813210&sid=3000&pageNo=1)

I, along with everyone else, deserve $60 back. This should NOT have made it to the consumer market. It offends me I paid for this false
    advertising.

There is no substance in this game. There is no replay value. This software is terrible. No deep thought was invested into design of item/skill mechanics. Gameplay is mundane and monotonous. There is no rewards/profit system even fundamentally to keep players motivated. I fail to see how this Starcraft 2 mod (Diablo 3) made it past testing phase.
  13. May 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Good:

Graphics are fair enough, nothing groundbreaking, but not what I would describe as bad.

New skill system is fairly innovative and interesting.

The Bad:

Always-on DRM. Can't play this game without Blizz's servers up and a broadband internet connection.

The storyline is indescribably bad. Diablo walks into heaven and single handedly destroys it, and mounds and mounds of angels because evidently God doesn't care too terribly about his home being wrecked. And then Diablo then dies to a group of up to 4 nephelim (nephelim being somebody who has human and angelic parents), so: Angels > humans, Diablo > Angels, One Half Human-One Half Angel > Diablo. Makes perfect sense.

The controls, while being very similar to Diablo 2 are not at all optimized for the new skill system and there are no options for click-for-everything. As a result, especially for ranged classes, controls can feel clunky, especially in combination with the horrendous lag. Which brings me to my next point;

The lag is terrible thanks to the fact that 90% of the game is done through server-side processing. The game client installed locally on the user's computer does little more than contain the graphical assets and display them for the user. Movements, abilities, monsters, and all other operations performed in the game are processed by the server and as a result, have never seen a ping below 250ms. According to Blizzard this is A-OK (the latency bar stays green until you hit 300ms, at which point it will turn yellow). So at minimum, anything you do takes 1 quarter second before it ever actually happens. This leads to dying many times to monsters you thought you had plenty of distance away from.

Sadly, the boss battles are all boring. The only one that was of any interest to me was Belial. Diablo was pathetically easy. Just left click on him and hold down. That's about all there is to it.

Sad thing was, that even with the new skill system that few of the skills are ever really required, most of the time you can just left click your way to victory which really made the game feel very bland.

All in all, I bought Diablo 3 with low expectations since Blizzard hasn't been known as of late to produce quality material, yet sadly even my low expectations were let down. Diablo 3 is not worth $60 in even the most remote respect.
  14. May 25, 2012
    Why a zero? I dont even know where to start. Diablo 2 is the best game of all time, i grew up playing DIablo 2 religiously, I played hardcore and developed several players 95+! This game is more WoWed up than anything Diablo 3 should have been. BIG FAIL on Blizzard.
  15. May 25, 2012
    I'll start by saying the art is actually pretty nice.
    That being said, the music is absent or entirely forgettable.
    The "diverse" skill system actually just locks you into one-two viable builds once you hit inferno. The bosses are kind of an afterthought and designed to be easier than champion packs when they aren't just a walkover even at higher difficulties (magda lol)
    But the best thing
    about this game where you hunt for cool items is they screwed up their itemization so bad, that there are actually no really cool items to look forward to, just an endless stream of flavorless blues and rares with inflated main stat. Don't look here for the fun item affixes like procs that would trigger spells or transformations, because in D3, NO FUN IS ALLOWED.
    Oh, and also you can tell from enough hours of play that they've really amped the scarcity on uniques/sets because hey it'll drive people to buy and sell on RMAH. If you don't intend to spend more money than the $60 full price you just dumped into it, there's a whole bunch of stuff you're not likely to ever see. Awesome!
    Honestly, this is a terrible package and once you hit max level and get a good grip on how the game systems work, you'll understand it doesn't even begin to have the replayability factor you would expect from the Diablo series. Do yourself a favor and go play something else, you can't say I didn't warn you.
  16. May 25, 2012
    I have never been so disappointed for a game in my life!! This took all the elements from Diablo 2 that people loved and trashed them, watered them down, and changed them for the worse. Now there's horrible voice acting, cartoonish characters, linear gameplay and skill choice, item dependency, annoying online DRM (a highly off-putting quality IMO), Inventory resizing, characters that can't "use" melee/ranged items.... The list goes on and on. After hours of giving the game a chance to impress me and moving all the way to Act 3, I was absolutely disgusted how boring, childish, and overall fake everything came out to be. The atmosphere of the game isn't dark enough and I don't feel like I have any control over the outcome of the character. This game does not deserve the word Diablo in its title!! Honest to God I went out and sold the game to someone my cousin knew and helped them change the blizzard account information. YEAH.. IT WAS THAT TERRIBLE.... Blizzard, you honestly blew it. SOOOO Disappointing....... Expand
  17. May 25, 2012
    D3 totally the worst game this year, less than half of characters' skills are usable, classes unbalance, and bugs (item copying, directly open treasure chests), and WTF the boss Diablo's attack pattern is completely copy form D2!!!! Also the game difficulty, most people beat the game at launch day and they now tune the game harder / nerf characters, do dev think this is fun?? fxxk you blizzard
  18. May 25, 2012
    The only reason diablo 3 sold so many copies is the success of diablo and diablo 2. If you're a casual gamer that wants to spend 10-15 hours on a hack and slash game, I'd rate this game 7/10, if you're a diablo fan and expect to play a diablo game, I'd rate it 0/10.

When you buy a diablo game, you expect a certain type of gameplay, atmosphere and graphics, diablo 3 doesn't deliver any of
    that. There's diablo clones that are more like the original diablo games than diablo 3, that's just unacceptable. The graphics style is cartoonish, and the general atmosphere of the game is nothing like the gothic, diabolic and hellish atmosphere of the previous games. The graphics are bad for a 2012 game, but thats not very important, the style is'nt unique or memorable, its like the WoW designers were working on diablo 3. The story is unacceptably short for a 2012 game. Character customization was very important in previous games, however, in diablo 3 it's virtually non existent. This game isn't a hardcore rogue-action hack and slash PC RPG, it feels like a bad port of some console hack and slash game like Dark Alliance. I would rate this game higher if blizzard didn't try to earn money by abusing the diablo franchise, they should have given the game a different name. This is an obvious attempt to earn more money by making the game extremely simple, and thus accessible to casual gamers, but simple boring games like diablo 3 die fast. I can't imagine people that would be willing to play diablo 3 in 10 years, as is the case with diablo 2, in fact, I can't imagine why people would want to play this game more than a few days at most. I've been playing diablo 2 on LAN with my friends since its release, of course there were breaks when I didn't play it for a year or two, but so far none of my friends (including myself) have enjoyed diablo 3. Expand
  19. May 25, 2012
    I am not commenting on any server-related issue as it is irrelevant to the gameplay itself. Graphics do not determine how good a game is, only how modern it is. These are the main issues with the game. Your weapon-damage is increased by 1% for each point in your primary stat (E.g. Strength for Barbarians, Dexterity for Monks and Demon Hunters and Intelligence for Witch Doctor and Wizard). This makes this the most treasured stat in a strong character, and survivability being secondary. Occasionally, you find randomly created items with a set number of random attributes, all of these are worthless unless they have a massive amount of your primary stat, or directly increased weapon-damage. Finding optimal items are hard, I like that (+1), but, finding legendary items that have been specifically designed for your character, level and playing style is much harder and when you finally do, that weapon is bound to end up on the 'Auction House' as there are always randomly created items that have better properties. How did it become so primitive that so few stats matter to a player? I personally believe it's because they removed the 'skill tree'-system they had in the previous games. We used to find items with rarer attributes like +1 to , which would boost all the stats of that specific skill, sometimes it would increase all skills under a specific tree, or all skills in general... there is no replacement for this. Players realize this and can easily buy mid-level legendary items after simply collecting 'gold' from level 1 till 10. In short, finding a legendary item does not provide any kind of joy, as they are worthless and have inferior stats to many randomly created items. There is also the matter of unbalance. Surely, anyone who has entered either of the 2 hardest difficulties agree that 'elite mobs' (general enemies that have rare attributes to make them extraordinary) are harder than the actual bosses, they have the capabilities to slay your character with one blow and survive hundreds of blows, making them deadlier than the end-bosses on the same difficulty. Glitches/Bugs/Exploits Haven't seen many of them, they are quickly patched (+1). Experimenting with broken mechanics by sinking unnatural amounts of points into non-primary stats, making characters overpowered by other means is unrewarding, as this is always fixed. All characters are apparently supposed to be the same and follow a strict meta-build (-1). The biggest issue (in my opinion). This game was made for World of Warcraft fans, not for Diablo fans, this is seen and felt through each and every (but in different amounts) aspect of the game. That's understandable, World of Warcraft had a bigger playerbase than Diablo, except we all hate it when the greed for money is more important than the experience itself. They trust money, not fans. This is not the first time Activision Blizzard let their players down for the sake of money, it's seen in Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Starcraft 2, Modern Warfare 3, Diablo 3 and we will probably see the same **** in Black Ops 2. In conclusion, it's a shallow game; Under the hood, under all the visuals and other distractions, in it's core - this game is as mentally stimulating as throwing a frisbee by yourself, oh, it's also designed for WoW fans, not Diablo fans. In any crowd, I could point out at least 3 people that could say what they could have done to easily increase customer satisfaction. Congratulations Blizzard, you have gone full retard. This article has the score adjusted, the previous post was set at a 0 score, while I meant to give Diablo 3 it's justified 1 out of 10. Expand
  20. May 25, 2012
    A bland monetization centric end to a legacy IP. Do yourself a favor and don't waste time on this unless you are fine with playing this game exactly as Blizzard wants you to.
    Also if you expect anything like Diablo1 or 2 play torchlight 2 instead cause this is not it!
  21. May 25, 2012
    Having fun playing the game WHEN I am able to. Most of the time my latency is well over 2000ms and rubber bands constantly. This game is sorely in need of an offline mode and Blizzard just does not care to include one.

Mechanics wise everything is pretty solid though the loss of the ability to dictate where skill points are spent is pretty weak as it removes a strong element of
    customization.

Overall I am disappointed that I spent $60 for this and have gone back to playing the much more user friendly Torchlight 2.
  22. May 25, 2012
    Continuous server downtime, unable to play single-player due to Blizzard server issues. Auction house has been down more than up. HORRIBLE lag that Blizzard insists is MY fault.
  23. May 25, 2012
    My original review exeeded 5000 characters so I'm just going to break it down. Combat feels good but one dimensional enemies make it a less satisfying experience. Boring and unimpressive item system. Difficulties in the game are all gear checks. No new mechanics in higher difficulties. Monsters don't get new spells or attacks (with the exception of elites and their affixes).
    Elite monster affixes are boring with most of them being aoe area control spells that force you to run away.

Game is short with linear maps that have minuscule randomisation and waypoints are given to you automatically in certain points of the story. Exploration becomes pointless and unrewarding.

Long cool down timers ruin the pace of the game.

Many skills and skill runes are useless and are not viable in the endgame.

Endgame forces you to go certain builds just to survive, killing build diversity.

Gold sinks are pointless and expensive. (Jeweller and Blacksmith)

Disappearing text in chat box is annoying.

Private messaging is clunky and slow, further ruining the pace of the game.

Script is cheesy and poorly written.

Story characters feel like tag alongs.
  24. May 26, 2012
    Played Diablo II and LoD for years. Too many years. I was so excited about this game and looking forward to it for so long, all to be completely disappointed. The only reason Blizzard brought this title back out was for a quick money grab. And the RMAH? Comon' bliz. you sneaky **** jews. Things like the potion cooldown, itemization, and the importance of gear is what kills it for me. Please Blizzard, you are the leader in gaming; You are the company that other game developers will follow. This game is a horrible 'role model' for others to follow. Horribly developed, hardly tested. In fact, admittedly NOT tested. You are a joke Blizzard. Go **** yourselves. Expand
  25. May 26, 2012
    Graphics: look like 2005 or older.
    Diablo 1 and 2 looked and felt dark and epic. Diablo 3 looks and feels like Warcraft or WOW not Diablo 1 and 2.
    Diablo 3 requires internet even for single player. What if i want to game on the road or up in the mountains on a laptop with no net? This means YOU DO NOT TRULY own the game. Hackers will find a way to play this single player someday without
    blizzard servers and no thanks to Blizzy for their natze tactics. The future of games seems to be going in a bad direction and Diablo III is proof.
    Blizzard, PS4, XBOX 720 are all heading to dictatorships. Wii U will own the next gen market because of this. I will never again buy a blizzard game that requires DRM, I will not buy PS4 or Xbox next gen. I will buy Wii U and i will collect Retro Games from now on. Diablo III took 12 years to make and I finished it in 10 hours and did not enjoy the story. I can go on and on. I HATE DIABLO III and BLIZZARD. YOU BURNED ME.
  26. May 26, 2012
    Beat the game fast and leveled faster than Diablo 2, inferno is impossible for a barbarian, this game actually wants you to buy the items in the AH since all drops are for your alternate characters since the levels for them are lower than yours, this game sucks I went and got a refund, sticking to diablo 2 until Torchlight 2 releases. Good Riddance!
  27. May 26, 2012
    Single player on-line only DRM=Fail.

This decision was not just about keeping piracy at bay(the pirates thus far have gotten around this anyway), it was also the Auction House bringing in more revenue and controlling player files on the server. I will not be purchasing this game along with a separate authenticator purchase. It's a shame that Blizzard has fallen from grace. Paying
    customers=0/Pirates and hackers=1

I would like to have a N/A rating but the site won't allow it. Too bad.....0.
  28. May 26, 2012
    I bought this game with the hope that it would be a classic, following in D2 footsteps. Alas it is a WOW clone which I find basically boring. Nothing really inventive or creative. The DRM is a deal-breaker for me. Sure, MMO's need to be online to play. But why make a user playing in single-player mode suffer through server downtimes and non-playability when they have don't have internet or your ISP has problems. When I buy a game I expect to own it. But in today's game business thinking, you're paying for the privilege to play when the owner allows it. If the owner goes away, is hacked, or has technical problems, then you're SOL on playing this game. After reading other's reviews, some are saying we shouldn't judge a game based on its DRM. Reviews like those make me think they're being written by the game's developers or publishers. To those folks I say you're ridiculous. When a ridiculous DRM prevents you from playing an expensive game, then it should indeed be considered when reviewing it.

As for me, I'll continue playing since I bought the game and want some amount of enjoyment from it. But I'll also look for a cracked EXE or similar thing that shuts off the DRM so I can play without a net connection. It's my right to have the ability to play the game when I want - with or without a net connection.
  29. May 27, 2012
    Blizzard obviously spent more time developing the monetization scheme of this mediocre game than they did focusing on the player experience. What should be a stellar Single player/ Coop action RPG experience feels more like a cheap free 2 play/ pay to win MMO treadmill. Farming and crafting are worthless as you level. Everything you find or craft at a given level is pathetic compared to what you will buy on the AH. The game is designed to herd frustrated players to the real money auction house where you can give your money to hackers, gold farmers, and exploiters to get the gear you need to get to the next act...and Blizzard will take a cut. Story, gameplay, and graphics are mediocre- really uninspired.
    Server issues and security issues should be an embarrassment to Blizzard, which has had more than enough time and resources to sort things out. Really shabby work and a waste of the Diablo name. Blizzard continues to disappoint.
  30. May 28, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a disgrace to Diablo series . Ah and no game browser or chat just destroyed the social aspect of D3 . Yes Diablo 3 has 0 social aspect in it . The loot and the wow style loot progression are really really bad idea. Equip stats are boring . The story is bad and to scripted and delivered in WoW style.
  31. May 29, 2012
    I bought this game last night, was able to log in for about 5 minutes then battle.net went down. Tried again this morning and bnet was down again. No offline single player + crappy servers mean this game gets a big fat 0 for being totally unplayable.
  32. May 29, 2012
    This game is unplayable for most of the time that I want to play it - even SINGLE PLAYER. This is totally unacceptable as the always-on DRM is only in place to protect their pay-to-win real money auction house.

We are witnessing the downfall of PC gaming right in front of our eyes.

Do Not Buy.
  33. May 31, 2012
    This game forces you to play online, then does server maintenence whenever they feel like it, for 3 times the duration that they "expect" it to be. After maintenence , bugs still occur all the time. Basically you as a consumer are not respected, are totally dispensable to blizzard, and clearly blizzard does not give a crap about you , thinking they can do whatever the hell they want and you will still pay them Expand
  34. May 29, 2012
    Stay awhile and listen: "I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money back Deckard Cain dies I want my money back I want my money backI want my money back I want my money back I want my money back I want my money backI want my money back I want my money backI want my money back" Those critics are smoking pole or weed. This game is not worth 60 bucks, 30 tops. Expand
  35. May 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With 120 hours of playtime, the game is done. Broken mechanics, tedious, not hard(One-hit KO from out of sight creatures is the new hard). Zero customization.
    Once an attack animation starts, it cannot be dodged.
    You do not fight, you run around and try not to get hit while laying down AOEs. With heavy WoW influence, you now see "enrage timers", which is a simple "You die".
    The game is centered completely around the real money auction house to fill greedy pockets. Loot is entirely TOO random. You get a class specific item with the entire opposite of needed stats.
    Exploits and bots are everywhere.
    Extreme amounts of compromised accounts, and all Blizzard can say is "get an authenticator".
    Case insensitive passwords, weak measures against brute force attacks.
    Blizzard forum moderators are insulting and offensive.
    The forums are filled with trolls, and any constructive criticism is locked/deleted off of the forums if Blizzard doesn't like it. The troll posts stay much longer.

If you buy this game in the near future, understand you are purchasing your way into what really seems like beta testing. The games core mechanics were drastically changed 4 weeks prior to release with no testing, and Inferno was never tested properly.

If you want to pay to win, open your wallet, you might have a good time.
  36. May 30, 2012
    this game is total garbage. a downgrade in every aspect. such a disgrace to the diablo franchise... only wow fanboys enjoying this game, they buy every fukin game by activizzard, only to complete their b.net accs, just stupid. and the funny thing is, their ingame town called orgrimmar has more complexity than this crap game -.- biiiig disappointment... "the game was total garbage..." "and then we doubled it" - Jay Wilson Expand
  37. Jun 1, 2012
    One week game. The new game director misunderstood what diablo 2 was about, he thinks random = fun, its not. Choice and relationship between random and fixed stats were fun in d2, and d3 fails to deliver. Everything (every build, weapon costumisation) feels the same.
  38. Jun 4, 2012
    Oh Activision, how you have utterly ruined the greatest gaming franchise in history.
    This entire game is based around Activision making money with the in-game real money auction house.
    Any opinions to the contrary are simply wrong. There was no motivation other than greed for making this game.
    This game plays like a version of D2 that was made for 5 year olds. No customization, vastly
    reduced loot tables, legendary items are terrible, set items are impossible to find.
    There are absolutely zero redeeming qualities to this game.
    Do NOT buy it.
  39. Jun 6, 2012
    I have nothing new to add. I'm experiancing the same server problems as everyone else. I understand the need for server maintenance, but then again Google never goes down. It may be a technical thing to do with game servers but I rarely have a problem with the Steam servers.

Still that's all moot since none of it would be an issue at all if there were a seperate offline mode available.
    I used to hold Blizzard up on a pedestal with Valve as an all round good game developer but a single player game that relies on an always on connection to unreliable servers? It's utterly ridiculous. Expand
  40. Jun 7, 2012
    Auction house ruins the game. always-on DRM is outrageous. Over simplification of the skill and attribute systems. Skills lack of originality and diversity.No charms, few gems that have very limited effects. No way to specialize the character in a way or another, all lvl 60 barbarians will be the same, the only thing that will differ will be equipment. Very disappointed, would have preferred by far a refurbished Diablo II than all this crappy changes and simplifications.
    Diablo3, except for the graphics parts, looks like a bad draft of diablo II. Blizzard is going backwards.
  41. Jun 11, 2012
    This gets a zero for the terrible story. Metzen went through the motions and churned out an incredibly flawed plot that made any Diablo fan squirm in their chair. Gameplay wise, it was fun...until you hit the Hell is too easy, Act II inferno is too hard spot and you must pray that the RNG is kind enough to grant you strong enough gear to auction or use. If you aren't that lucky, enjoy your ever lengthening resurrection timer. Expand
  42. Jun 13, 2012
    Considering the hype for this game and the large fan base looking forward to its release with huge expectations, disappointment was to be anticipated in some form. The always online thing is a bummer, for starters, but that is nothing that surprised me out of Blizzard. What did surprise me was the startling mediocrity of the game in terms of visual style, sound and voices, in-game videos and quest design. These things are tolerable, although I personally hate the way everything out of Blizzard is becoming more and more cartoony and World-of-Warcraft-looking. The storytelling on the other hand is not mediocre - it's frankly terrible. Where the fascinating background lore could have been worked into an enticing, mysterious storyline, it was not. The characters are simply laughable. I really hated listening to most of them. Opponents like the "Lord of Lies" will be so daft, I found myself wondering what the target age group for the game actually is.

Yes, Diablo 3 is fun if you play through it once, maybe level up to 60 and go hunting for some gear if that's your thing, but personally I will put it on the shelf for now. I've spent my money on worse games though, so 5 out of 10 is about right.
  43. Jun 18, 2012
    Diablo itself was raped repeatedly with a blunt object maybe someone blinded her and she couldn't find the players, it has to be one of the worst boss fights of all time, and why bother, when she dies she just spits out some crappy vendor loot. This game was designed for idiots who don't know how to control their money, it may as well have been a slot machine with pretty lights...

Thanks to Diablo 3 I went looking for another game, I discovered the guys who made Diablo 1 and 2 and checked out their Torchlight series I didn't buy Torchlight one since it was a single player game, but it came free with a pre order of Torchlight 2, and I must say I can really feel the difference between a game designed for the purpose of playing and game designed to take your money with your soul. This probably the weakest attempt of a company to copy a game made by guys who already left Blizzard to start their own company called Runic, had it not been for the poor story telling the laughable game mechanics where your spoon fed your class stats so there is no way in hell you can customise your class to assist your play style or difficulty its purely down to the loot, now while a lot of dungeon crawlers base formula is the loot at least the stats would give you an idea of what you can use to assist you.

Diablo 3 there is very little armour restrictions everyone wears the same armour and you basically run around trying to find the next best thing which is rare, rare items usually have opposing stats forcing you trade other players or since the last patch the stats are now even worse making most loot drops useless/unusable, this is what it looks like when a company rapes you for your money the game is stuck together with virtual ducktape. So much time is spent on things happening behind the scenes almost to try and distract you on how boring the game is.

Thank you Blizzard you have taught me to find the developers who make quality not the crap you trying to sell my you rest in pixels.
  44. Jun 19, 2012
    Not only this game is incredibly boring and repetitive, but the always-on DRM means you can't play offline--meaning when your without internet or during the numerous and lengthy maintenance periods. A complete rip-off.
  45. Jun 20, 2012
    Biggest letdown of 2012 by far. This game had so many promises, so much potential, and such an AMAZING franchise. Sucks to see blizz pissed it all away when pure, unadulterated greed that is the real money auction house (RMAH). This game no longer has a soul. It is no longer fun. It is no longer Diablo. Blizzard took a great game, gutted it, and filled it with useless "fluff" catering to the more casual of gamers. But heres the caveat, you have to be a "rich" gamer to actually progress. You see, Blizz **** all progression without the use of the RMAH. Thats right!! In order to progress, you have to shell out more money. For a SINGLE decent piece of gear, you are looking at $200+. To kick their fanbase in the nuts so more, after spending all this money on these "virtual gear", they do a global nerf, destroying its use completely. Thats right! After shelling out all this money for a new BMW, the repossess it and dumped you with a 1985 toyota tercel. Shame on you blizz! Expand
  46. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 proberly the worst hack and slash game ever created in history of gaming. Charecter customization has been dumbed down so much that every player is the same. The overall gameplay is boring and frustating as best. The game is designed so you have to pay real life money on there auction house to get gear. The days where you could kill endless stream of monsters to satisfy you gear needs are gone. Its really hard to belive its the same company that made Diablo and Diablo 2. Dont buy this crap game, waste of money. It do got nice graphic thats the reason why im giving it +1 Expand
  47. Jun 23, 2012
    The game itself is probably fine but the attitude that Blizzard is treating its community and their intention to drive everyone to use RMAH is outrage. 0/10
  48. Jun 23, 2012
    I created an account on this site just to review this game. I'm going to break this post down by the pros and cons of this game and its developer. Pros: -better graphics -new classes -professions -cool animations -rune system diversity -porting to allies -identifying/porting fix -AH Cons: -online only -lack of story and short campaign -initial server problems (no excuse for that)
    -constant nerfs to gold/itemization outside of AH
    -RMAH
    -under powered professions

Overall the game felt more like an expansion. Whats really been pissing me off lately is how these developers are trying to find new ways to scheme more money out of people. Nowadays when I pay $60 for a game, generally you can expect 6-8 solid hours of gaming. This feels like a fraction of the time it took me to complete games back in the day AND they were less expensive. Now games have monthly fees, DLC which cost more $, the RMAH % cut, and all these other methods for making more money and giving us less of a game. Quite frankly I'm sick and tired of this ****

I was an avid player of D2 and had big expectations for D3. There was a big part of my problem right there, but why not expect big things? Blizz has the money, the talent, the fan base, and the time to create some solid games but here lately I'm just not seeing it.

I think the user review here isn't accurate but the professional critic reviews are equally as inaccurate. Out of the GBs of space Blizzard's games require you'd expect more out of this game. If you were content paying $60 just to play the game through once or twice then more power to you. But if your me you can't help but agonize at the bastardization from D2 to this wannabe D3.

For me video games are becoming like the movies. Create a hot trailer with a few big names which bring a certain revenue then insert the camera into someone's anal cavity and start filming and expect people not to download it. I'm sorry but I can't support these corporations who are going to put profit > product. If you have a good product the profit will always be there, but the emphasis needs to be on the product.

These companies are more concerned with getting away with the bare minimum to achieve maximum profit then have the audacity to sell us more stuff on the side that should have initially been included.
  49. Jun 24, 2012
    I have put about 80 hours in the wizard and have reached lvl 60. I am yet to be impressed.
    I had such high expectations for this game, and I have been let down.
    I kept playing I the hope that the game would get better, but sadly it did not.
    The game only get's marginally harder until "Inferno" which is the hardest Difficulty. which should be called Impossible. There are so many
    problems with D3, All the other USER reviews fully explain in detail.
    What Drives me crazy is all the Critic Reviews that seem to be paid advertising for blizzard.
    I wont pretend I know how to make a better game. In a word, "Rubbish"
  50. Jul 15, 2012
    Is it made in China?Oh, dam* game !(*=n)
    A huge disappointment, no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up, WoW inspired skills.Why is there no LAN?
  51. Jul 19, 2012
    This Game ist Very Bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  52. Jul 22, 2012
    Ok I'm not even going to touch the abysmal dialogue or the bland characters or the storyline that's something out of Disney mixed with Power Rangers. This is a loot game, on with the gameplay.

Itemization sucks. It's very bland, nothing interesting. You're hunting for mainly 3 of the same stats for all your gear slots in order to be successful. If an item doesn't have one, most of the
    time it's complete garbage. The odds of an item rolling said 3 stats along with good value rolls on those stats are infuriating.

The difficulty is okay for Normal->Hell. Pretty easy. But the best stuff drops in Inferno, the gear-check difficulty. And if you don't have the gear with those 3 stats in all your slots you will get slaughtered. And chances are you won't have the gear. This is where the fun with the AH starts. You start buying gear for stats in order to progress, and that's where it stops being fun.

Inferno is not a challenge for the sake of challenge, it's a progression difficulty - a means to an end with cheap MMO mechanics built in like enrage timers and rez timers to make you either pull your hair out grinding earlier difficulties or use the AH. On that note, the loot that drops is not quality loot most of the time because of the sole existence of the AH.

Basically, it's a chore. A second job with no real rewards. You're grinding for uninteresting loot for that marginal .5% mitigation and 1% dps increase in order to progress to a later act. Once you do that, you face another brick wall. Gear doesn't enforce build diversity, and the cheap mechanics of "difficulty" shoehorn you into a certain build, narrowing build diversity even further.

Diablo 3 is not the wors game I've ever played. Diablo 3 is the worst letdown of a game from such a trusted company like Blizzard Entertainment. And I thought FFXIII was a letdown.
  53. Jul 22, 2012
    After played for 200hr (lv 60 wizard and monk, stopped at inferno A3), I realized this is a bad game. Why does it take that long for me to know that? Because I kept telling myself, "Blizzard does not make bad games, there are something better later in the game." I was going to write a long review as to why I think it is a bad game. Then, I just simply don't care about anymore. I left this review for anyone who has not bought the game yet. DON'T DO IT. It is not 200hr of fun, it is 200hr thinking "it will get better later." I feel really bad getting all my friends playing D3 since all of them quite already. So if I can just save one person from buying this awful game, I will feel much better. Expand
  54. Jul 23, 2012
    Game is fun for about 20-30hrs.
    Once you max character level the game becomes very shortsided. You stop having reason to grind except to get gold and buy SLIGHTLY better gear with SLIGHTLY better stats. Gear all looks the same and is a boring way to bring variables to statistics. Basically, it is a free game, but those who pay to play and buy gear/gold have the advantage...
    Of course you
    can grind it out and TRY to find decent gear.. but you'll find your self not farming for gear but for LARGE amounts of gold to buy 1 piece of gear... then rinse and repeat cycle. Graphics are good. Gameplay fundamentals are good. No replay value... nothing fun about it after the first 20-30hrs or when you max character.. Real money AH is a cool feature and you have the opportunity to make money. But its rare because most people don't buy gear for money, they buy GOLD for money, and then use the Gold to buy better gear on the AH. It's just a lame and vicious cycle that grows cold quickly. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BLIZZARD, Every game they have ever made I love. NOT THIS ONE THOUGH! REALLY BIG disappointment. Game flat out sucks after 20-30hrs. GG but try again Blizz. Expand
  55. Jul 24, 2012
    This game is reasonably entertaining for the first 20 hours or so (time for a run through normal->hell)

but after that it has quite literally 0 end game except for farming gold and buying from ah. In addition the combat is frustrating and progression is even more frustrating. Yes this is an ARPG that uses the term progression to describe you going through content. This game is
    essentially a single player top down version of WoW, Sounds like your kind of thing? Good, but not what the majority wanted from the successor to the greatest ARPG of all time.

Gets a 0 for taking money under false pretense of this being a sequel to diablo.
  56. Aug 7, 2012
    So.. I just returner from vacation, hadn't much to do so I launched diablo iii to play my lvl 60 monk. I haven' t played diablo for at least 20 days.... and what a surprise: after 10 minutes of playing i was so bored that i quit the game and went to watch some TV. That says all. The game has the most boring and repetitive gameplay ever. You start playing at normal.. way to easy and boring.. then nightmare .. same here.. hell is a little bit more challenging but you have already defeated diablo 2 times already so is still boring.. Inferno is a complete gear check ( that means you don't need skill to advance but good gear which you can only BUY from auction house unless you want to spend more than 1000 hours playing the same and the same act until you finally get a decent item) BTW i haven 't still found ANY set item until now... Don't buy this game unless you have 60e to throw away (and also plenty of time) Expand
  57. Oct 14, 2012
    It's interesting to see how some people come up with certain visions with this game that are completely untrue:

Xon - The game is well balanced / The story suffices

- The game is anything but balanced. All the classes are completely broken, especially the Barbarian which seems to get buffed every patch while every other class gets nerfed. With the new monster power system coming
    in, it makes absolutely no sense to play any other class other than a Barbarian. This should put up a red flag about the supposed balance. The story is lame at best; professional script writers have actually poked fun at D3's story as being one of the worst story line's they've ever seen.

Karma_Police - Everything that makes a good game is there / "when" they polish the game the game could be the best game in pc history / Blizzard fixing the issues.

- Haha ok this is a real doozy here.. how much exactly have you had to drink when you wrote that? The only thing the game has that could even remotely considered to make it great is it's graphics. It lacks everything else, from the music, to the balance, down to the non-randomness of the maps. They aren't fixing anything, they take about 150 steps backwards with each patch, tipping the scales in favor of not only Barbarians but a small % of players who use the rmah. Things like this have been pointed out since it's release. The only thing Karma has right is the loot system is crap, as well as, the DRM.,

For those of you looking at this and wavering on whether or not to buy D3; you need to know the truth, and not be subjected to these lies these 2 have put forth.

The only way this game will work for you is if you don't plan on progressing past Normal mode (which should take you maybe 35hrs of playtime at most. If your happy with spending $60 on that, then this game is for you. Keep in mind.. the 35hrs play time will probably take you about 200hrs real time due to the constant errors.
  58. Oct 2, 2012
    What an unmitigated disaster. Blizzard should apologize to their fans for this atrocious attempt at a sequel to Diablo 3. Why the game is bad has already been stated enough times to be clear. I just want to give voice to the overwhelming disappointment that this game has wrought on fans of this series.

Truly pathetic.
  59. May 15, 2012
    I can't play the game, I get some error code - server busy or somethng like that. I thought the game had single player campain, that's why I got? I try to contact tech support but the site is down or timeout. My friends told me Blizzards is the great game company - get game, I feel very disappoint now - just waste my money and can't play it :(
  60. May 15, 2012
    Pretty fun gameplay, but the requirement to be always online is ridiculous. If someone is torrenting on your network, enjoy the high ping for both the singleplayer and multiplayer experiences.
  61. May 15, 2012
    Unfortunately the graphics look dated and the game breaking bug is terrible. DRM ruined everything. The first level is nice, but then you realize that something is wrong. At some point, spaghetti got out from the main character, and they get on the floor and walk the dinosaur.
  62. May 15, 2012
    Designer Shigeru Miyamoto once said that the first 30 minutes of a game are the most important. So I hope youâ
  63. May 15, 2012
    Sadly i was expecting a better game. No character customization, no more attribute points to distribute, which would easily make the game a little deeper. And skills unlock automatically... this is a disaster.
    It seems like blizzard released their second bad game. First one was the world of warcraft.
  64. May 15, 2012
    Within the first few hours, it is obvious to see why so many are disappointed with something that was hyped up so much. Even if you ignore the DRM, the lag and the disconnections (as it is the first day), the game lacks any rpg substance that made the previous titles so good. Among other things, there is no depth in the way skills are managed, no attribute points, no customization what so ever (and by this I mean in any way, as everyone will have the same build as you),, and you can't even use your primary weapon to attack (that's right, it's just for show). Even if we ignore these, the game itself it just boring relative to other RPGs. Diablo 2, a 13 year old game, is actually much funner to play than this. If you're looking for a good sequel to Diablo, a true rpg game, or even a game that has any play value, I would highly recommend to look past this, it is definitely not up to scratch. And if you don't know where to go after reading this, I urge you to try the game dark souls, it is a brilliant rpg. Expand
  65. May 15, 2012
    Let me start by saying that I wanted to like this game SO MUCH... But unfortunately, I feel like I'm walking out of Star Wars Episode I all over again... Requiring internet connectivity is inexcusable, particularly when you cannot support the traffic. Blizzard should know better... That aside, the game itself is a let down for Diablo fans. The gameplay is simplified to the extent where it's unrecognizable to its heritage, and the lack of ability to customize your character is sad. Blizzard missed a HUGE opportunity here by trimming the story down to a FPS length -- The gameplay is super short, and the acting/VOs are laughable. (insert frowny face) Expand
  66. May 15, 2012
    Just completed normal, and half of nightmare, its boring and all about crafting, no fun, no cool items, noo cool monsters, music is boring, graphics are old. Giving one for old blizzard reputation.
  67. May 15, 2012
    First of all I have to admit that I only played the beta. The things I noticed:
    1. Always-on-DRM: seriously? Why do I need to be online in order to play a game in singleplayer mode? This means I can't play Diablo 3 if I'm on the road/vacation/literally everywhere where I don't have access to the internet. Good call Blizz.
    2. Casualization: So they decided to remove skillpoints, introduced
    achievements, auto-identify objects, town-portal button, removed the Horadrim cube, no PvP, etc. This list goes on. What I want to say with this is that by removing/introducing these features you removed the chance for the gamers to have a real challenging experience of the game. Of course there's still the Inferno mode, but as you have no control over your character besides the items you wear this is dumb. But I think the reason why they decided to do this will be shown in my 3rd point.
    3. Real-money auction house: WTF? You earn at least $1 for every transaction. When did you become so greedy? Right, it started with WoW, introducing mounts for $15 and this stuff. If this works for WoW then it'll work for SC2 (3 different games) and Diablo 3 as well. Hey, if the people are still buying it you would be dumb to not do this. Making the most money with the least effort was always the goal. So just convince the people that that what you're doing is the right thing and they'll believe you and buy this stuff.
    4. WoW-like experience: It starts with the engine which pretty much looks the same as the engine used in WoW. The textures and interface could also be from that game. Since Blizzards acquisition from Activision this company went down. This is only my opinion, people might or might not share it, but since WoW I've been watching the transition from Blizzard to greedy Activision/Blizzard and I'm boycotting every of there games until they change back to their old standards.
  68. May 15, 2012
    I didn't wait 12 years for forced online DRM with **** servers that boot your ass out every 15 minutes and pay2win RMAH.

0/10 **** casualcore wouldn't play again.
  69. May 15, 2012
    This may be worth a higher score someday but as it's currently unplayable due to the DRM measures Blizzard think "enhance the player experience" at the moment it's right in the unplayable piece of **** category
  70. May 15, 2012
    Why is this game named Diablo? The have successfully destroyed what made Diablo 1 & 2 great. They should have named it Call of Demon. This is like Call of Duty meets Diablo. Garbage game... I beat it in 3.5 hours. This is the most dumbed down game ever. Took the week off work for nothing...
  71. May 15, 2012
    If this is not your first blizzard game, you should have known better. I have never seen a single smooth Blizzard launch. People are giving this game 0 scores while they haven't even played it, they are just raging and spoiled 12 year olds who can't play their game after their day of school, or people acting like them. I have currently played 4-5 hours into the story, and I really enjoyed myself, that is what I base my score on. Expand
  72. May 18, 2012
    i didnt wanted another diablo 1 or 2, i wanted something improved. is not the case here. for example starcraft 1 is like sc 2 but sc2 has a much faster gameplay focused on micro, is more modern, diablo 3 is not moder, is a diablo 2 more simplified. for example i dont understand why does the unidentified items exist as long as you just right click on them and they auto-identify. they should have focused on something else to make the gameplay more interesting, not just killing monsters, thats boring and should have been just a necessity, just a step towards something more interesting, like upgrading your hero or something. learn new tricks/skills/jobs, etc. in this moment i see diablo 3 as a flash-zombie-killing-game with a better graphics and atmosphere. kind of lame, is nothing modern about that. not even the search for items is not the same, you just buy them. disappointing Expand
  73. May 15, 2012
    No offline play and the biggest and unforgibable flaw, no LAN option ! I have fond memories of D2 playing with friends in LAN, yet the sequel won't allow me to play with a real friend (not an internet "friend"). I really thought they would implement this before release, but they didn't and that's a shame. In the end, money wins, player looses, because these choices, however they are presented, were solely dictated by the willingness (necessity?) to make more profit. Expand
  74. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game! Sure, the wait was brutal, but once I got on, I was blown away! Anyone saying that they've beat it in 4-6 hours is trolling you. Same thing goes for people saying it's too easy. They have no concept of the Hell, Nightmare, and Inferno difficulties. Sure, the game is easy when it's on easy mode. My only regret is that I had to work today (it was also a tad too expensive for my taste).
  75. May 15, 2012
    Exelent game, but kids should learn how to wait for something, how to fix their crap PCs to avoid errors, and how to calm the **** down when Blizz having a maintenance.
  76. May 15, 2012
    Got to play it a bit earlier today, but completely fails now. The fact that they don't bother to prepare for this launch is disturbing and shows complete lack of respect for their customers.
  77. May 15, 2012
    Graphics are a VERY slight update from Diablo2, yet it runs nowhere near as smoothly on a computer with well over 4 times the processing power. The game play is literally only about 5 hours long, with some completing the game start to finish in just over 2 hours. Character system is dull and unimaginative. Skills are entirely too WoW-based. Bottom line, this game is fanfare. It only passes because it is "Diablo" and people accept it for nostalgic purposes. It costs about $60; and this is for a game that is 2-5 hours long. many indie games I purchase on steam have more than 2-3 times the play time for a play through, cost about 1/4 - 1/3 as much, and have originality to them.
    Bottom line- it is a bland, unfinished, ill conceived game. I would wait at the bare minimum 9-12 months and buy the GOTY edition for $30 and it is fully patched.
  78. May 15, 2012
    Piracy and console gaming has truly destroyed the PC gaming industry and Diablo 3 is just a horrific example of developers greed for making money.Diablo 3 is absolute piece of crap and i'd prefer the original diablo 2 billion times over it.Firstly the always online drm truly deprives you to even start that game and once luckily you get to play the SP then you for sure shed tears thinking "THERE GOES MY 60$" Gameplay is repititive,most of the customization elements found in diablo 2 are gone.The game is just a crappy remake of diablo 2 to satisfy developers money greed. DIABLO 3 IS A COMPLETE FIASCO.Stay Away from this one! Expand
  79. May 15, 2012
    Worst game launch i ever could imagine! We waited for that game for 12 years and all we get no is sucky DRM policy that due to bad hservers not powerfull enough servers gives us no choice but to sit and wait to play SIBGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN atleast for the mother of god freaking love...
  80. May 15, 2012
    Wank poor performance by Blizzard/Activision. Force us to be always be connected to their servers to combat, "Piracy", but fail to have enough servers to cope. I guess they all ready have our money, so they win and we lose. Should not be allowed.
  81. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard spent 12 years or something to come with the third installment but could not manage to make the game playable. Wait a year until it is stable since Blizzard could not care less about making things that work from day one they just want your money now.
  82. May 15, 2012
    I dislike this game profusely - it consists entirely of Ctrl-V, Enter, and dodging the "Error 37" and "Error 75" mobs. I was expecting more originality and WAY better graphics.
    Oh yea, the story line sucks.
  83. May 15, 2012
    Joke, can't log in. They insultingly release the installer 2 months before release, and then don't even let us log in after waiting 2 months.

The graphics are like... warcraft 3 graphics.
  84. May 15, 2012
    Took the day off work, couldn't get on last night due to stress errors, can't get on right now due to servers being down. I work all the time, don't know when I will get the chance to spend a serious amount of time on this game. Severely disappointed that I can't play a game I own. Learn from my mistakes: Don't pre-order from blizzard, don't expect to play on release day.
  85. May 15, 2012
    It's a scam, pay but you can't play - error 37, error 75, error 30007... They require you to be online to play, but they have no servers for you to play on as everything is dead.
  86. May 15, 2012
    Really bad release. Whoever rates this game a "10" is a mindless zombie. Was able to only get about 4 hours of game play. Spent the first few hours of release trying to connect to their DRM servers and now they're in maintenance mode all morning. Extremely disappointing for a company with such high standards as Blizzard.
  87. May 15, 2012
    I dont like the fact that you have to be online the whole time to play. It took forever to even get into the game due to this fact. A single player game that you have to be online for is a bad idea period. No I dont care if the kids that only play online like that way. I dont like that your not the one responding to conversation with a npc...the game does it for you. Its a lackluster remake and I would rather have my 60 bucks back. Expand
  88. May 15, 2012
    If you are an old fan of Diablo 1 and 2, you are in store for a lot of disappointments. The game feels as if it was rushed. 90% of the games cinematics are hand drawn sketches with motion added to them. Builds are a lot less custamizable and the game all together feels a lot more passive and less active/engaging.
  89. May 15, 2012
    I'll skip the already-covered areas of DRM, server availability and pay-to-win auction houses. What prompted this review is Blizzard's customer service and absolute lack of forethought about simple aspects of the game. Case in point: I accidentally mistyped by BattleTag and opened a ticket to reset it. The reply? "Sorry, we didn't code for that." Seriously? From crashy servers to generic, unchangeable BattleTag IDs, there is no part of the technical infrastructure that Blizzard executed properly. Since I can't play the game itself without the servers, my only frame of reference is what I saw during the beta test phase:

* The artwork is okay, if somewhat "toony."
    * The story is okay, if somewhat generic.
    * The Witch Doctor class feels entirely out-of-place, as if it belongs in some other game.
    * The skill and rune systems have been dumbed down from Diablo 2.

Overall, Diablo 3 is an average-to-mediocre experience at a premium price. The game plays more like an Activision title than a Blizzard one. Let the buyer beware....
  90. May 15, 2012
    All the build up for release, planned, calculated. EPIC Fail on release with DRM Servers keeping everyone from logging in. There should be an offline mode, and furtharmore DRM needs to be throttled back a bit.
  91. May 15, 2012
    Remember when Blizzard games were interesting, fresh, and changed the gaming landscape? Yeah, me neither. Just like Starcraft 2, this is an out-of-date attempt to peddle the same old crap to a bunch of braindead fans who will buy this just because "it's diablo". But then they even shot that in the foot with awful compulsory online capabilities and a mediocre campaign mode! Blizzard is a disgusting company and Diablo 3 is a disgusting game made entirely for a quick buck at the expense of a franchises' dignity. This sort of click-happy gameplay should have evolved into something better ten years ago, not be unceremoniously dragged out of retirement like Diablo himself. If you guy this game you are a failure of a gamer. Don't support **** rehashes. Go buy something new for a change. You owe it to Diablo's memory. Expand
  92. May 15, 2012
    This is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review, the game is that disappointing. The game is extremely short (no doubt for more $60 expansions), lacks LAN, lacks world PvP, has been extremely dumbed down and overly "streamlined" (attributes, skill, SEPARATE loot - lol wtf are you kidding me). Some people might find the changes appealing, but they have taken away everything I liked about the Diablo series.

I was slightly disappointed in Starcraft II. That should have been my first clue that Blizzard was no longer the company I had come to love. Diablo III is such a massive disappointment that I will never buy a Blizzard game again without serious research into the quality of the game.
  93. May 15, 2012
    Released a few months too early and its completely unplayable right now. I hope if you get this game you dont plan on playing online.
  94. May 15, 2012
    The gameplay hasn't changed too much since the old Diablo series. Unfortunately, since you constantly have to be connected to error prone Blizzard Server, the game is only playable for maybe an hour at a time when it's probably the most inconvenient. The first two Diablo games could be enjoyed by yourself or with friends via direct IP connection. This was in addition to the optional (at the time) battle.net matchmaking services. Essentially one of the four players could host a game and the other 3 could connect to that machine. With Diablo 3, you're at the mercy of Blizzard and their temperamental servers. Since the game launched at Midnite on May 14th, I haven't been able to play past 10th level.

From what I have played through, I wasn't very impressed. The game barely plays on the HD3000 intel chipset (which is most laptops). The story is weak at best. The abilities don't always feel like their hitting or damaging their targets. The constant server issues probably has me jaded. But what do you expect from a gamer who just wants to enjoy his 60 dollars on a sequel 10 years in the making? Sorry Blizz... this is probably the beginning of the end for you guys...
  95. May 15, 2012
    After a very, very, VERY bad launch (well done blizzard), the game was not physically accessible until 1 hour after the set launch time. Blizzard knew this amount of traffic was coming, due to their open beta. I managed to get in around 2 hours after the release time, managed to get a couple of hours in (Level 21 Wizard) then BAM servers crash out of the blue. Servers have been down for over an hour, and its only been the first day!

Another issue being absolutely no F***ing offline availability for a game we bought offline. You would get a lot less bad reviews if you let us play during downtime but no, you want us to write bad reviews instead

FU BLIZZ
  96. May 15, 2012
    The game in itself isn't bad, but Blizzard is clearly using this as a quick cash grab, a game that hardly feels like it's predecessors, and taking few steps backwards in terms of creativity and innovation. The lore has been butchered completely and most boss fights are people you have already fought previously in Diablo 1 and II (Skeleton King, Butcher, Izual, and of course Diablo who has the same exact skill set from D2 even though he has absorbed all the other prime evils). Incredibly lazy on Blizzard's part. Not to mention requiring an online connection for single-player and real money auction house. Expand
  97. May 15, 2012
    When I booted up this game I was expecting some awesome loot fest with my bros. I'm talking like better than searching the sorority houses on rush week for chicks with low self-esteem. Instead I got tons of DRM, no PvP, tons of server problems, and a game that broverall needed some extra fist-pounding in development. It's a brotastrophe.
  98. May 15, 2012
    I have to agree with 98% of the reviews. Blizzard crashed and burned hard. I'd hate to see an expansion pack for this game. Waste another $60 bucks, still cant play online, still cant play single player. I'd assume go back to Runescape than give this game any credit for being even the slightest bit better.
  99. May 15, 2012
    Unable to login to play the game. Online-only DRM. Real money auction house. Terrible technical issues, terrible customer service, extreme hype machine, no respect for their customers. Blocking twitter accounts that are critical of their incompetence, censoring / banning complaints on their forums, no sufficient response to legitimate complaints. ActiBlizzard jumped the shark mid-WoW and has only gotten worse. They have no respect for the people who pay their salaries and put food on their tables: their own paying customers. The company is greedy, technically semi-incompetent, and overly focuses on marketing hype and spin at the expense of sound design. They are all about maximizing profits at the expense of their integrity. A fundamental re-evaluation of their priorities and thorough cleaning of house is required. Expand
  100. May 15, 2012
    I wanted to love Diablo III. I'm writing this review based on my first day of playing the game. Ohh wait, I haven't been able to log in for more than 30 minutes at a time. There is no offline option. Given that Blizzard had 2,000,000 beta testers and managed 300,000 online simultaneously during the beta test they should have known the issues they would face at launch. They have a rough idea of their pre orders. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012