4.0

1. Jun 28, 2012
    Très beau graphisme, digne d'un blizzard. Gameplay interessant bien que plus simpliste par rapport à ces predécesseurs. Encore beaucoup d'incompréhension, notamment les "élites" parfois intuables. Malheureusement le manque d'effort et de transparence de l'éditeur vis à vis des joueurs est plus qu'inconcevable. L'hvar (hotel des ventesTrès beau graphisme, digne d'un blizzard. Gameplay interessant bien que plus simpliste par rapport à ces predécesseurs. Encore beaucoup d'incompréhension, notamment les "élites" parfois intuables. Malheureusement le manque d'effort et de transparence de l'éditeur vis à vis des joueurs est plus qu'inconcevable. L'hvar (hotel des ventes argent réel) vas à l'encontre du réel plaisir de jouer et le bénéfice que l'éditeur en tire me laisse perplexe, surtout après avoir "subis" plusieurs modifications (mise à jour) importantes.
    Connaissant (maintenant) la politique employé par ce genre d'éditeur (Blizzard/Activision, ubisoft, EA ..), je ne peux que me résigner à arreter de jouer.
    Très deçu par ce jeux si attendu, qui pour moi n'est qu'un casino dissimulé pour joueurs crédules, je lui inflige la note de 1.
  2. Jun 30, 2012
    Blizzard Empire have just entered its recession period.
    Diablo 3 alienated me, a loong time fan( going back to the days of Lost Vikings), from Blizzard. I, and many people anxiously waited for the outcome when Activision bought Blizzard, and our worst fears came true.
    Blizzard Empire have just entered its recession period.
    Diablo 3 is simply not fun. Now the fun aspect of games can differ for every gamer, but some core elements are just not there. Online connection requirement for single player... Story? Lamest so far. Granted Blizzard's strongest point have never been exceptional and unique story telling( in terms of originality and creativity ) but I was content thus far. Not anymore. Visuals? Not half bad, though one expected the game to run smoothly on low-end computers, given the toonish visuals and isometric engine, this is not the case. Audio? Disappointment. Compared to Diablo 2( and Diablo 1), music is BAD, it fails to stir emotions, simple as that. As is voice acting. I remember marveling at Kashya's voice, Malah's feeble sounds, good old Ormus and many others. In Diablo 3, I only took a liking to the voice acting of Covetus Shen and Kormac( he's overdone a little though ). Game immersion fails so bad, it isn't even funny. People expected this, as it had been known that the grim and gothic world of Diablo1 & 2 were gone, and it's still a shock to many( including myself ). Not just talking about the graphics, everything is off. Arrogant heroes replaced desperate but determined heroes( "Belial shall tremble before me!" "I will make the prime evils pay!" etc etc), Azmodan is a miserable clown( I never got the feeling he was some mean lesser evil ), excessively retarded animations to make bosses look cool( butcher's roar? I mean, who's he trying to impress? ), and many other elements. The feeling is not there. Characters/Customization? Customization level: NONE. there's no skill distribution, no stat points. Instead you unlock abilities and their effects as you progress, so everyone can use everything. Take out equipment from characters, they're all identical. The feeling of distinctness is gone. And from the given skills, there are only a couple worth using, so you'll end up using the few viable skills( particularly in inferno difficulty ) Skill animations are good but overdone, even monk's hand to hand attacks have that ridiculous animation that makes it look like it belongs to the latest street fighter game. Random content? Almost none, it's a shameless lie that dungeons are randomly generated. %80 of the content is the same. PvP? None as of yet. Gameplay/mechanics? Dumbed down is the perfect definition. There is no skill damage, but all skills use your weapon damage instead. 4 difficulty levels, normal is simply a joke, inferno is too tough to beat( which you'll never manage if you don't use soon to be mentioned RMAH ). Maximum number of party members is 4. No point playing multiplayer( except if you want to play it with friends ). Social grouping is non existent. You can't choose games to join, bnet chooses for you. Unique items are crap, no runewords, flawed crafting, dumb attributes, even dumber repair costs( will suck you dry ), insane elite/champion packs and many many more.

There are many other things that hurt the game but the MOST damaging one is the RMAH( Real Money Auction House ) where you'll end up selling/buying items via real currency and blizzard cuts its "share" This in my opinion is the greatest insult to the long time fans. Inferno difficulty is designed with RMAH on mind, so if you're not buying from there you'll be going nowhere past hell difficulty. The items you farm in hell are simply useless if you want to survive in inferno. This is called pay to win. If you fill the coffers of Blizzard more, you get to finish inferno, if not, sorry, you can fool around in hell. I can't imagine a greater offense to dedicated players( who don't want to spend additional money, I mean why should they? They already paid 60 bucks ), this is where the influence of Activision poisoned Blizzard. Kotick did it again. It's not about fun anymore, it's about $$$. Diablo 3 is a turning point for gamers, I feel sad for us all. If I get to see the demise of Activision, I'll throw a party to celebrate, and maybe drink one or two in remembrance for Blizzard North, the company that I actually miss.
    Do not buy this game, it's simply not worth it.
  3. Jul 1, 2012
    I anticipated Diablo III for about a year expecting a really fun MMORPG, by the time the Beta released I was a bit disappointed after realizing the game would only allow four players in a party. But whatever, it could still be cool, and what are the odds that all my friends will buy this game and all be online at the same time.

I got the game at its midnight release, and for the

I got the game at its midnight release, and for the following week I honestly had a good amount of fun, spending several hours every day on the game and leveling my character. But after reaching Inferno mode, and really, mid way through Hell mode. I realized this game is almost completely pointless. Whether or not you defeat Inferno mode (I have not). Getting there becomes nothing more than an armor check and to get all the gold to get the necessary armor is just repetitive runs through one of the only four acts in the story.

Choosing different character types doesn't add much to replay value because ultimately you'll just be using the moves and buffs that allow for the most DPS or armor. There's no personalization or real thinking involved in the game. There's not much to do for fun, you don't select the moves you think are cool, it all becomes simple computations of how to do more damage and better withstand the enemies which later on in the game can almost always one-shot you. It's completely ridiculous, and there's only one minigame in the entire thing that gives you a break from the monotony (which does become repetitive and boring itself soon enough) called "Auction House"...and that game is only fun for the first few times you try it too.

I'd be lying if I said I never enjoyed this game, I really liked it for the first 40 or so hours, but after realizing what this game was really like, it's in NO way worth $60, hardly worth $6. The only fun you will have is playing with your friends, but that's a reflection of the good choices you've made with your friends and not the terrible choice you made in game purchases.
  4. Jul 2, 2012
    I consider D2 to be one of the best games of all time. That explains why I had high expectations for D3 and foolishly pre-ordered it. I can't speak for the future (future updates) of D3, but as it presently stands the game is just not fun to play. After about 50 hours in you can't help but feel like you are beating a dead horse. I can't believe the critics rated this game so highly. TheI consider D2 to be one of the best games of all time. That explains why I had high expectations for D3 and foolishly pre-ordered it. I can't speak for the future (future updates) of D3, but as it presently stands the game is just not fun to play. After about 50 hours in you can't help but feel like you are beating a dead horse. I can't believe the critics rated this game so highly. The fact that many of the people who worked for blizzard in the past have now moved on to make Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2 is pretty obvious. Expand
  5. Jul 3, 2012
    It's a good enough game to be worth your $60 if you liked Diablo 2. Long term though, there's not much reason to keep playing after you level up a character or two. Given all the rebalancing and changes, and despite the long wait, it clearly was not playtested enough prior to launch. The ability to buy everything you need on the auction house means you won't often find items you can use,It's a good enough game to be worth your $60 if you liked Diablo 2. Long term though, there's not much reason to keep playing after you level up a character or two. Given all the rebalancing and changes, and despite the long wait, it clearly was not playtested enough prior to launch. The ability to buy everything you need on the auction house means you won't often find items you can use, cheapening the item search experience quite a bit. Expand
  6. Jul 4, 2012
    Gameplay is not rewarding, poor drop chance make game pay-to-win oriented, and error 37 (as others)
  7. Jul 6, 2012
    I think the graphics engine looks a little cartoony and the always on connection makes me hesitant to get into the game. I travel a lot so i'm just screwed. I'm in the military so half the time I can't even play at all. I blew through the story on normal in a shameful amount of time. I'm not looking for more content, but part of the charm of D1 and 2 was the feeling you got when rareI think the graphics engine looks a little cartoony and the always on connection makes me hesitant to get into the game. I travel a lot so i'm just screwed. I'm in the military so half the time I can't even play at all. I blew through the story on normal in a shameful amount of time. I'm not looking for more content, but part of the charm of D1 and 2 was the feeling you got when rare things dropped. Now it seems to happen all the time. I don't want instant gratification. But I want gratification and can't get it when I'm not at my house, which is never. Expand
  8. Jul 7, 2012
    Tenía mucho tiempo sin gastarme un centavo en un juego, que no quiere decir que no haya jugado casi cada juego que hay. Llegó el momento, el tan esperado Diablo 3 me motivó a dejar a los desarrolladores y creadores del juego un pago por su trabajo, que no esperaba menos que fuese excepcional. Equivocadamente ahora más que nunca siento que he sido asaltado a manoTenía mucho tiempo sin gastarme un centavo en un juego, que no quiere decir que no haya jugado casi cada juego que hay. Llegó el momento, el tan esperado Diablo 3 me motivó a dejar a los desarrolladores y creadores del juego un pago por su trabajo, que no esperaba menos que fuese excepcional. Equivocadamente ahora más que nunca siento que he sido asaltado a mano armada y cada vez que lo juego pienso que estoy en una especie como de sala de espera de un banco, huele a dinero entrando y saliendo, no me divierte ya, que es eso de repetir y repetir los mismos mapas por demás cortos. En un verdadero juego no debería repetirse nada para subir de nivel o incrementar habilidades, si acaso un par de cosas no más, pero todo el juego? Dios, con un nombre como ese éste juego debía ser épico, al menos entretenido. Expand
  9. Aug 21, 2012
    I was a big fan of the Diablo series until this box of promises got dumped into my letter box.

This game is nothing like Diablo 1, or 2 in either feeling of game-play or intelligence needed to play the game. The skill tree is idiot proof and there is no way to make mistakes. The only thing separating characters in this game is the gear and the organization of skills. I played this game for about a month and then promptly just left the game with no feeling of satisfaction what so ever.

All characters have their own set of weapons, but no one uses them because other weapons are better, Wizzards with spears and barbarians with daggers, what was Blizzard thinking?

If i could have gone back in time, i would have never touched this game.
  10. Sep 2, 2012
    Massive disappointment. In my opinion, the game is centred on the Auction system rather than actual play. If you have a wish to repeat the same actions over and over without reward or have a desire to 'bot'/pay your way to success then this game is for you.
  11. Sep 4, 2012
    I'm rating 1/10 because that's the general consensus of most players who bought this game. Yes, D3 to date is the fastest selling PC game but it has also had the retention rate of a prostitute with herpes. If you're looking for a quality title in the ARPG genre check out "Path of Exile" which, even in it's closed beta state, is still much more enjoyable than Diablo III ever was.
  12. Sep 4, 2012
    Overall this game feels really lacking, and let me down on my high expectations. The only reason I wont rate it 1 is because I still believe Blizzard can improve the game by +2/3 points and make it a "time killer" game. No offline mode (always online DRM), unresponsive servers which wont let me play for a game I payed, repetitive mechanics and no depth. The only thing that would add isOverall this game feels really lacking, and let me down on my high expectations. The only reason I wont rate it 1 is because I still believe Blizzard can improve the game by +2/3 points and make it a "time killer" game. No offline mode (always online DRM), unresponsive servers which wont let me play for a game I payed, repetitive mechanics and no depth. The only thing that would add is Inferno which would make your all the time decisions important, but is totally turned to a pure gear farm with no skill required but having money to buy them on the auction or try grinding them on the same bosses over and over again. I score it a 2 because the first impression was good for me (didnt buy game on release and was lucky to not have server issues... initially), which totally changes after playing a few hours. Also the tree skill system has been "replaced" for a rune system which does not make over it, and feels like a small impact on each individual skill. Skip this game, there are way better options for the same price. Expand
  13. Sep 4, 2012
    There isn`t much to add to what have been said here. The game overall deserves a 7 tops. But, there are so many wrongdoings, that the player base cannot pass over. I have borrowed a friend`a account, that went berserk after spending 60 euros on a game which offers mediocre game play and a slightly above average story. The 3.8 user score vs the 8.8 critic score says a lot about the PR thatThere isn`t much to add to what have been said here. The game overall deserves a 7 tops. But, there are so many wrongdoings, that the player base cannot pass over. I have borrowed a friend`a account, that went berserk after spending 60 euros on a game which offers mediocre game play and a slightly above average story. The 3.8 user score vs the 8.8 critic score says a lot about the PR that blizz have (also the money they sit on). After Starcraft 2, I made the right decision not to buy any other blizz games until the prove themselves to be worthy of my money. I was right with D3. And we want the option to play sp offline if we want to. We aren`t borrowing the game from the designers, we are buying it. That entitles us to use it offline too. A long fall for blizz 4/10 Expand
  14. Sep 20, 2012
    The game runs smoothly and looks pretty good but that's about all the it has going for it. It's extremely repetitive and the loot that you get just isn't enough to make the game enjoyable. Don't waste your money on this game.
  15. Sep 21, 2012
    This game is probably the most epic let-down of all gaming history ever. With the recent patch they actually stole the idea of a famous gamer fan and they did not even credit him for saving their lousy-ass game. Stupid blizzard thinks all about getting more money, what douche bags eh. Stick all that money up yo ass guys next time no one is buying your game!
  16. Sep 21, 2012
    +good combat

-auction house -developers and management -itemization -lack diversity and character identity -feels like an action adventure game God of War style and not an action rpg Diablo II style -bots dupers and exploiters -spam -nerf bats -$60 beta -false advertising -boring and dragging to reach inferno -linear and on rails -awful story, villains, heroes -rubber
    +good combat

-auction house
    -developers and management
    -itemization
    -lack diversity and character identity
    -bots dupers and exploiters
    -spam
    -nerf bats
    -$60 beta
    -false advertising
    -boring and dragging to reach inferno
    -linear and on rails
    -awful story, villains, heroes
    -rubber banding
    -always online and weekly maintenance for a single player game
    -diablo reboot, not sequel
  17. Apr 11, 2014
    Updated my review for the expansion.

Updated my review for the expansion.

Blizzard has taken leaps to improve this game but after leveling another character I feel it is still lacking something fundamental, fun. The skill trees are still lacking in variety but this isn't the main issue as D2 had this same plan. If I had to pick the main thing that really annoys me about this game.. it would be the story. For me, this story is lacking so much more than the original had and the loot system still isn't as rewarding as many would have you believe. In fact, the improved loot system seemed to just make the game much easier at higher levels. I literally almost fell asleep while playing.

This could be a different story with the expansion. However, I refuse to pay $40 for an expansion after having my trust in blizzard ripped away from me. Many of you may be fine with companies that extort you but I have a fundamental problem with them and refuse to support them with my very hard earned money. Any who would argue against their extortion is blind to what happened with their DRM in the auction house and how you could pay nearly as much for an expansion that is majorly just a fix for what shouldn't have been a problem in the first place? Granted it has a new act and class and I would have payed 40 for it without question if all of the issues hadn't come about in the first place. Blizzard has lost my trust and will have to earn it back. Considering trends of other big box production companies, I doubt they will even care enough to try.
  18. Oct 24, 2014
    This game is so flawed that it actually needed an auction house component to be playable. Since that component has been removed, the game is beyond redemption. It deserves the trash can. An embarrassment to the Diablo name.
  19. May 26, 2012
    The gameplay is decent, but the bugs, glitches and bad design make this game a flop. The installer didn't work - I had to play around for 8 hours installing the game - I still can't figure out how a company can sink this much time into a game and have the installer fail to work for a good portion of players.

The auction house has a bad habit of dropping transactions, I can't tell if it is lag or what, but I know that I have 50k in gold lost in space somewhere. I also have another 30k that I can see.. but can't access. Always online single player - has been beaten to death... but it does suck to be disconnected and have to search for a boss again since each map is randomly generated.

There is also very little customization of your character since there are no stats. The skills you can use are basically picked for you, you just decide when you want to use them on your action bar. One of the design flaws came with the addition of the Auction house, blizzard reduced the drop rates of unique items... which is ok, except that finding unique items every now and then is what made Diablo 2 fun. Not finding any unique or sets after running through normal, nightmare, and hell doesn't reward your efforts. Instead you are forced to buy what other people have found - which still gives you the same result, but you don't get the slot machine like satisfaction offered in previous diablo installments.

The next design flaw, from what I have read, is that unique items are often far surpassed by lesser quality items which can be found more commonly. This makes the very rare 'winnings' seem like less of a jackpot - since that amazing unique item is actually worse than the item you have already. This is based on what I have read, not experience... I still have not found a unique item or really looked into buying one on the AH since most are priced out of my reach. The gameplay is fun though, which is nice... but If you have a nice piece of software that can't be installed, crashes constantly and is riddled with problems, it is bad software. If this game were a car, I believe most people - despite how cool of a car it is - would return it under the Lemon Law. It just doesn't work.
  20. May 31, 2012
    It really is a fun game but the always online function puts such a damper on the experience. I was looking for a game to buy and ended up going with DIablo. Diablo must be constantly down. I had some time yesterday and tried to get on and the servers were down. I thought no big deal tried again in an hour and still down. Then today I had an hour and just tired to get on and the serversIt really is a fun game but the always online function puts such a damper on the experience. I was looking for a game to buy and ended up going with DIablo. Diablo must be constantly down. I had some time yesterday and tried to get on and the servers were down. I thought no big deal tried again in an hour and still down. Then today I had an hour and just tired to get on and the servers were down again. I dont know if they have been down since yesterday or if they are just really unreliable. I dont really understand why they need to have internet connection it seems to be mostly a single player game. In my opinion if you are still on the edge go with another game. Something that at the very least you can play. Expand
  21. May 31, 2012
    (-GAMEPLAY-)
    (-GAMEPLAY-)
    I played Diablo, Diablo 2 and now I am playing Diablo 3. If you liked Diablo and Diablo 2, then you will like Diablo 3. The game is fun in general, but the end game is not that great. It is similar to world of warcraft. You run aruond the world and kill champions and elites to collect the best gear in the game which has really no point because you wont be using it for anything really. Thats my opinion on the gameplay. Overall, the gameplay is fine. Like I said If you liked diablo and diablo 2, then you will like diablo 3 gameplay.

(-CONNECTION / INTERNET-)
    The bad thing with diablo 3 is battlenet. Battelnet is full of lag and the auction house does not work half the time. Also, you have to be careful, because some people including me got their account hacked.

(-HARDCORE-)
    If you like hardcore, this game is not for you unless if you dont mind being high level and dying because of the lag or bugs. Right now the game has this issue, which is the fact that when you are at position A and you try to move at position B for example. Your character will move for a second away from position A, but after that second is done you will teleport back to position A, therefore never reaching position B. Let's say your position A is next to an elite and your B is getting away from the elite. Well you wont get away at all you character is gonna moonwalk, take damage and die.
  22. May 31, 2012
    Ten Years? Either the planners and designers are totally out of touch or Blizzard has some motives we don't know about. First there was the initial server problems, then there there's down time for server maintenance and let's not forget patches and updates. I didn't know I was buying an mmo? not mention
    PDT is killing my play time. Ok so I get over that and then I have to play infantile normal mode, revealing the whole story line, talk about spoilers and find out nightmare is not so hard and I have to do it over and over again for each character. Talk about boring. Drops don't get better in nightmare mode, they get worse. Everything else is basically done for you, most decisions are taken out of your hands and little customization for the characters. The game play is great but such a disappointment in all other areas. It could have been one great game!!! but alas Blizzard might be bowing to the money gods and using the 4 modes to keep us using the Auction house??maybe?? Oh and speaking of the Auction house up, down in gold mode and forget currency mode????Poor planning .....
  23. May 31, 2012
    First of all, Diablo is fun. A great thing to cut time waiting for a real game.

First of all, Diablo is fun. A great thing to cut time waiting for a real game.

However, for 60eur, I don't expect: * constant server problems * story that lasts only 15-20 hours * idiotic map reset each time the game is left (either by your choice or network problem); I cannot imagine how someone while having discussion about game design said 'yes, we'll have it! this is the best choice!'

Anyhow, it's still fun, but, I feel a bit fooled. I wouldn't felt that way if game costed 50eur less...
  24. May 31, 2012
    No complain for the gameplay... for the game, the changes, etcetera; for me the feeling, in game, is very good: Diablo is Diablo!!
    But.........
    But.........
    Quote: Constant connectin to the internet? Are you joking? This is absurd and bad for so many reasons. I understand the need to fight piracy, but this is just too much. Also, when I bought it it simply said "Internet connection required", and I obviously thought it was because of multiplayer and such. I CAN'T stay connected all the time....The service quality in Italy is terrible (as my english lol, i know) Error 37, 3006, etc etc.....it's INCREDIBLE, the servers are scandalous, eu.battlenet is not qualified for this!!!
    Etc...etc...
    Forgive me for my poor english, please...
  25. May 31, 2012
    THE OK: Gameplay is somewhat fun, sound/music/graphics are OK.
    THE BAD: poor story, mediocre levels (there are no random generated levels, just a few variations), mediocre bosses.
    THE UGLY: not deep enough. majorly dependant on items ok i guess, except for VERY bad itemization (anything other than main stats and resists is worthless) - makes the Auction House a 2nd home. THE FAIL: In
    THE OK: Gameplay is somewhat fun, sound/music/graphics are OK.
    THE FAIL: In about 2 weeks, total downtime in EU has exceeded 32hours, spread over several days. customer communication is non-existant (servers go offline for hours without a single notice)
  26. May 31, 2012
    I was looking forward to this game for years. I trusted Blizzard would get it right and I am the biggest Diablo fan there is... So it comes with great displeasure that I feel I must post this poor review score. I am especially upset since I bought two copies of this garbage of a game (one for a friend). Poor boss designs, frustrating connection hickups, nonexistant RPG elements, repetativeI was looking forward to this game for years. I trusted Blizzard would get it right and I am the biggest Diablo fan there is... So it comes with great displeasure that I feel I must post this poor review score. I am especially upset since I bought two copies of this garbage of a game (one for a friend). Poor boss designs, frustrating connection hickups, nonexistant RPG elements, repetative gameplay, short gameplay when playing thought the first time, no ability to change the difficulty of the casual first time playthrough, unexciting and short story, uninteresting bosses and many other sad design choices.
    Why Blizzard??? Whyyyyyyy?
  27. May 31, 2012
    blizzard should be ashamed, the selling of this product has been unethical and deceptive in the extreme! its plagued with erros and flaws and is constantly beset by downtime and system maintenance, the basic reasons for having the ridiculous need for a constant online connection haven't even been released!!!!! they have no regard for customers outside of america either, basicallyblizzard should be ashamed, the selling of this product has been unethical and deceptive in the extreme! its plagued with erros and flaws and is constantly beset by downtime and system maintenance, the basic reasons for having the ridiculous need for a constant online connection haven't even been released!!!!! they have no regard for customers outside of america either, basically relegating anyone in australia to maintenance at peak gaming times every second day. DO NOT BUY! Expand
  28. May 31, 2012
    The game is a massive disappointment it you have ever played any of the previous versions. The character customization is lacking, and the entire game has been dumbed down. The market system has caused an imbalance to the economy of the game and made the thrill of finding in game items non-existent. The persistent server outages are unacceptable, especially considering that this isThe game is a massive disappointment it you have ever played any of the previous versions. The character customization is lacking, and the entire game has been dumbed down. The market system has caused an imbalance to the economy of the game and made the thrill of finding in game items non-existent. The persistent server outages are unacceptable, especially considering that this is supposed to be a a single player experience. The storyline and character dialog seems to have been written by a 2nd grader, and once again adds nothing to the experience. The error codes that the client returns when you are unable to login are reminiscent of games written in the 80's. In summary, this had the potential to be a great game, all the ingredients where there with the previous iterations, however Blizzard failed miserably. Expand
  29. May 31, 2012
    Why only 2 points out of 10?

Story and "Feel" It has no story line and still think so after reaching inferno Feel. It feels like WOW not diablo. Where is that dark scary creepy feel? Online I cannot play when server is down I bought a game and expect to play when I am free, not when your server is running Equipment Only DPS matters, Str or Int or Dex has some value and if anything else
    Why only 2 points out of 10?

Story and "Feel"
    It has no story line and still think so after reaching inferno
    Feel. It feels like WOW not diablo. Where is that dark scary creepy feel?

Online
    I cannot play when server is down

Equipment
    Only DPS matters, Str or Int or Dex has some value and if anything else has value? No, nothing else has value. Add 1% stun? what is that? 1%? So full set at best has 8% stun?
    And for this 8% I have to give up DPS which is the only thing we can rely on killing monster than being killed?

Skill -2
    Monster has better killing skill than player, they can lock you at a spot and use Damage over time skill to kill you and these damage over time skill kills so fast you are puzzled the first few times why you get killed.
    Not to mention other elite monster skill combo that makes you scream like Jailed + Desecrator + Arcane
    Oh by the way, there are impossible to kill skill combinations

Game testing and changes
    People look at all the skills find some has potential and try very best to boost it.
    The resulting skill advantage is so big that for "Balance" issue, Blizzard weaken or restrict that game skill
    I thought game test should have found this kind of things, not until it went life.
    And for these people who spend time and effort in the potential I can imagine they got pissed.

I can keep going but these are the biggest I feel

If this game does not call Diablo 3 then might get 4 or 5 points.
    But if it is being named Diablo 3 and nothing like diablo, sorry, 2 is what you get.
  30. Jun 1, 2012
    A huge FAIL in every direction you look at Diablo 3, starting from really poor server maintenance and ending to an unknown story plot. Passing by skills, inferno mode, ....
  31. Jun 1, 2012
    Prepare to be frustrated. Normal: Had some fun, enjoyed the story and finding caches of history from characters we remember from 12 years ago. It had a great feel to it. Nightmare: Reality check. Want to play the game past normal? Be prepared to spend hours upon hours grinding for gold to spend in the auction house. OR fall into the trap of switching to real currency and allowing BlizzardPrepare to be frustrated. Normal: Had some fun, enjoyed the story and finding caches of history from characters we remember from 12 years ago. It had a great feel to it. Nightmare: Reality check. Want to play the game past normal? Be prepared to spend hours upon hours grinding for gold to spend in the auction house. OR fall into the trap of switching to real currency and allowing Blizzard to make a cut. Blizzard was fair here, they allowed for a third option; die every few minutes. Granted they don't pull experience, just 10% durability, but they increase your death timer gradually each time you die in a short span of time. And die you will. Hell is meant to be a challenge and when I got here it challenged one thing, my patience. I was hoping for a multiplayer game that required... multiple players to work together to defeat the minions of Hell! Nope, we got a wipe fest. It doesn't matter how hard you try and merge your abilities together (which there are few that do work together) it doesn't help. It's 4 individuals who happen to be in the same place, dying at the same time. Enjoy. Expand
  32. Jun 12, 2012
    It's mediocre at best, the plot is uninspired and the major plot twist is equally cheap and unimaginative.
    The combat is satisfying but that's about it, blizzard has dumbed down the skill and attribute system to a greatly simplified talent system that can be infinitely respected without incurring any penalty. Boss battles are pretty simple as well, the major bosses have annoying AOE attacks which get spammed at regular intervals to make up for how easy they are to defeat. This game is nerfed out of the box.
  33. Jun 13, 2012
    I was gonna give it a 7, because it is a fun game the first few days even if it's nowhere near as fun or addicting as its predecessor, which I'd rate a 10. However, the pay2win feature absolutely killed the game.

Do not buy it, don't support Kotick and his greedy plans!
  34. Jun 13, 2012
    It doesn't get a zero from me because this things works, kindof. Of course, It didn't work the first few days. And all of that because of the greed of Blizzard, forcing the use of the internet for DRM and for the pay shop. If the game was good, that wouldn't matter that much, but it isn't. It's a casualized, made fro 5 year old kids, version of what Diablo was using the graphic engine ofIt doesn't get a zero from me because this things works, kindof. Of course, It didn't work the first few days. And all of that because of the greed of Blizzard, forcing the use of the internet for DRM and for the pay shop. If the game was good, that wouldn't matter that much, but it isn't. It's a casualized, made fro 5 year old kids, version of what Diablo was using the graphic engine of World of Warcraft. Avoid at all cost. If you want something close to the original Diablo and Diablo II experiece, get Torchlight and Torchlight II. Expand
  35. Jun 13, 2012
    This game is a total disappointment. I am a long time Diablo 2 Fan and had great expectation for Diablo 3.
    Since it's release I never had a day that I played that went without a connection error, or deconnection , or a server maintenance. Server maintenance can last from 4 to 8 hours! Thank God I paid whit paypal and could get my money back.
    Diablo 3 is the MW3 of 2012. Total letdown.
  36. Jun 13, 2012
    I don't write a lot of reviews - but for this I gotta chime in ... was really excited about Diablo III - was a huge D2 fan. It took them how many years to make this piece? Sure it's fun but they control when you can play!!! Yeah, you read that right - you'll pay $60 for a game that's in many respects dated AND they can shut the servers off on you ... which happens all the time!! Bunch ofI don't write a lot of reviews - but for this I gotta chime in ... was really excited about Diablo III - was a huge D2 fan. It took them how many years to make this piece? Sure it's fun but they control when you can play!!! Yeah, you read that right - you'll pay $60 for a game that's in many respects dated AND they can shut the servers off on you ... which happens all the time!! Bunch of control-hungry bastards. Never buying another Blizzard game period. Expand
  37. Jun 17, 2012
    Ok, I played the game, asked for a refund, waited for a refund, played it some more just to confirm i wasn't crazy, then blizzard came through with the refund. (thanks blizzard, undoubtedly great customer support - 10 out of 10. no kidding)

I have a lot of complaints about the title, but most of it wouldnt actually make me ask for a refund. Little things like: the story/dialogue was

Little things like: the story/dialogue was horrible, needs a lot of balancing/stat logistics still, and crafting/jeweling is ridiculously expensive to be worth it and some other small things...

What makes me really dislike the game is the auction house/farming direction blizzard went (haven't played the game while the real $$ auction was up, but that must be much worse). I don't care about uniques or set items; its fine with me if rares are more powerful. What i hate, and i can't imagine getting better is the whole economist gameplay aspect. You gotta enjoy selling/buying stuff to get anywhere in inferno and i'm just not interested. that's it. more power to blizzard for trying to improve the trade economy, and i hope other people like it, but i hate it.
    I made it to inferno before they could refund me..... that is to say the game is stupid easy. there should be no normal mode, its just a waste of time ---- nightmare would be fine for a tutorial run, but hell is where the gameplay moves past monotonous.... but it doesn't last. Also random dungeons??? whatta joke. Duels? how do you mess this up? Arena is not what i want (didn't get to try it thou). And the waypoint/game progression is just stupid; why can't i load up a game and switch acts? wtf. Oh yea, your game matching multiplayer SUCKS so bad. so bad. i really want to join a 4 player max game, occupied 90% of the time by a single afk guy.

As for things that are pretty good: the art work --- way better then i had imagined before it came out. Some levels are nasty and bloody and brutal looking (so much so that it makes the story even more lame). Some of the new gameplay mechanics are ok too, but not polished(i wouldn't believe this got as much testing as it did if i didnt know better).

Things i'm not sure about: attribute points removed. Can go either way for me. In d2 once you know what youre doing its atr points are mindless anyway. all you need to worry about is your equipment's attributes, so they just skipped a step in d3. on the other hand it just makes this shallow game more shallow. Then the skill points (or lack-there-of) are infinitely configurable; Same story, kinda nice, like many rpgs come and gone. on the other hand it kills replayablity.

All in all i'd have to ask if the dev team ever played diablo2, and if they did, why did they not learn the obvious lessons it offered as far as what to do and not to do? (AND WHY DO THEY GET SOME MORON TO WRITE THE STORY? DUDE YOUR STORIES KILLED CAIN)
  38. Jun 21, 2012
    What is there to say: I was playing the game for 2 weeks after the release date, and that's it. Did not remove it from my PC, but haven't started it since. I just don't feel the urge to play it.
    Funny, but this was not the case with Diablo 1 or 2...
  39. Jun 21, 2012
    the more i am playing and attempting to farm/loot/gear up to making my way through inferno. the worse this game wears on me.increasing repair costs. nerfing the difficulty. then nerfing the drops i was getting..horrible. waiting 12 years. and quit in 4 weeks. now the gold sellers are allowed and encouraged. gold sellers and spam are what ruined diablo2.
  40. Jun 21, 2012
    If you liked Diablo 2 you will dislike this game.
    Combat is pretty fun! WHY PLAY ONLINE ONLY ARG?!?!! Loot is worthless, remember in D2 when you would kill an act boss and some random unique or set item would drop? That doesn't happen here.. at most you will get a yellow item.
    If you liked Diablo 2 you will dislike this game.
    Overall feel of the game is basically a D2 remix with a punk rock feel... in other words it sucks. Nothing original except the feeling of regret for buying a Diablo game. Trust me I have been on board since the original Diablo but this game is pathetic.
  41. Jun 21, 2012
    This is a fail excuse for a game in one of the best series launched. Pay to Win.. gimme a break. Blizzard continues its streak of fail. Terrible story line, online play only? really ?? I highly doubt there was even a beta test, seems we are STILL beta testing this hunk of ****
  42. Jun 21, 2012
    ARPG, ARPG, ARPG, Bliz this is an ARPG!

Not an MMO! Okay you want online only for DRM, whatever, doesn't make this an MMO, I personally didn't care since I played D2 100% online. Who cares if people attack fast, who cares if people want to kill pots for an hour instead of monsters, who cares if people want to farm chests and racks, who cares if people want to be able to mow
    ARPG, ARPG, ARPG, Bliz this is an ARPG!

Not an MMO!

Who cares if people attack fast, who cares if people want to kill pots for an hour instead of monsters, who cares if people want to farm chests and racks, who cares if people want to be able to mow through mobs with epic gear after farming for 100 hours like D2, who cares if I want to wear a cracked sash and short sword after playing this game 1000 hours and try to kill diablo over a 20 minute period without instantly dieing to some "enrage timer".

People play games to have fun, for an ARPG that means starting as a little level 1 weakling and eventually becoming a god that owns everything with epic gear that they find in a reasonable amount of time.

Want to know how to make an ARPG? See Diablo 2, there must be at least a couple people on your dev team who still understand what made D2 great.

Farm bosses? Who cares, people are having fun.
    Farm chests? Who cares, people are having fun.
    Farm huge amounts of demons? Who cares, people are having fun.

Nerf this, nerf that, "fix" this, "fix" that. Enrage timers, nerf loot, useless legendaries, forced quests, forced acts, forced force forced, slow attacks, slow runspeed, slow slow, nerf nerf, boring, frustrating, wasted time, NOT FUN. Go back to step 1 in the dev process:
    Was Diablo 2 fun or not fun because of awesome overpowered loot? fun
    Was Diablo 2 fun or not fun because people could do/farm whatever they wanted? fun
    Was Diablo 2 fun or not fun because people felt satisfied with loot drops farming in a variety of ways? fun
    Was Diablo 2 fun or not fun for open PvP? fun
    Was Diablo 2 fun or not fun because you could "break the game" and carry an 8 person game feeling like a god? fun

Look at D3, everything that was fun is no longer here.

5% IAS , 10% movespeed , 3% Knockback , 10% reduced crowd control , 50% enhanced damage .

30% IAS , 30% movespeed , 25%-100% knockback , Cannot be Frozen , 250% enhanced damage I'm having so much fun becoming strong!

I just filled the screen with lightning, I just ran to blood raven in 20 seconds, I just owned hordes of hell's mobs, I just tanked baal with 7 other people, I just.. I just.. I just.. had so much fun.

Did the loss of the Worldstone make everything and everyone weak?

Diablo R.I.P.

P.S. If you loved D2, then everything you enjoyed is gone. If you like slow grinding MMOs with boring loot then you may like this... for a bit. But eventually there will be nothing to do because this isn't an MMO.
  43. Jun 21, 2012
    Not worthy of being called D3, More like world of diablo. Takes our most loved parts of the first 2 games and throws them in the trash. This may be great for first time diablo players but those who grew up on this franchise and have been waiting 12 years should be severely disappointed. Builds? Who needs them. Obviously the critics only played normal mode then stopped. Now 3ish patchesNot worthy of being called D3, More like world of diablo. Takes our most loved parts of the first 2 games and throws them in the trash. This may be great for first time diablo players but those who grew up on this franchise and have been waiting 12 years should be severely disappointed. Builds? Who needs them. Obviously the critics only played normal mode then stopped. Now 3ish patches later they've managed to shake even more fun from the tree that was a great franchise. Expand
  44. Jun 23, 2012
    Fun the first time through. But Diablo is about uber lewt and this game did not deliver in that respect, at all. I mean, bosses drop after normal mode. C'mon? I mean... GG
  45. Jun 25, 2012
    Graphics are decent, but often don't fit into the universe. Partly extremely poor design like the Elf-Butterfly "demon" Magda, which completely kills any atmosphere in Act 1+2 of the game. It seems like the developers often did not know what they should be doing, and because of that insisted on some really bad ideas.
    The lack of any atmosphere, lack of customization because only 5% of the
    The lack of any atmosphere, lack of customization because only 5% of the available runes are any good, no pvp, poor balance in Inferno, extremly poor boss monster design, can't play offline are just the biggest errors.

Although the game plays fluent and is fun to play for the first hours, it gets overshadowed by it countless defects. If you are not sure if you want to buy it, wait until the expansion pack. Until than, blizzard will have fixed a lot of the problems, though not all can be fixed. It has the potential for an 7/10 or 8/10, but no more.

Not a worthy Diablo 2 successor, and already now the biggest disappointment in 2012. The first blizzard game that I regret to have bought. From now on I will think twice before a blizzard game.
  46. Jun 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. (SPANISH)
    El juego carece de imaginación es demasiado lineal y predecible. El modo de juego normal se completa apenas en unas horas sin la mayor dificultad dando paso a los siguientes modos de juego como Pesadilla en lo que encontraras que es exactamente lo mismo que el anterior modo, convirtiendo el juego en una experiencia de lo mas monotona. El artesano y El Herrero son personajes dentro del juego completamente inutiles ya que se puede comprar joyas y armaduras muy superiores en la Subasta con poco oro o bien con un porcentaje de inversión por mucho menos de lo que costaría subir de nivel a dichos personajes. Los servidores continuamente generan fallos y desconectes.
  47. Jun 30, 2012
    As people have said before; a huge disappointment, literally the only improvement on Diablo 2 is that you can now pick up gold by simply running over it. Play a ranged class? You won't even get hit by an enemy until act 2, won't use a potion 'til nightmare. The rag doll effects are nice but the graphics feel worse, however it's taken 10 years to make this game. It probably would haveAs people have said before; a huge disappointment, literally the only improvement on Diablo 2 is that you can now pick up gold by simply running over it. Play a ranged class? You won't even get hit by an enemy until act 2, won't use a potion 'til nightmare. The rag doll effects are nice but the graphics feel worse, however it's taken 10 years to make this game. It probably would have been less misleading to release this as a spin-off from Diablo; monsters die ridiculously easy, but the pace is interrupted by boss fights that can 1 shot you when you get to higher difficulties. Strongly advise playing with a group of friends until nightmare, the regressive party mechanic which increases monster health significantly, (but not loot or xp) would probably make it a bit more enjoyable by making it at least a game you have to play with half an eye open.
    Referencing to a previous game too much is bad however, so I will say that on its own "merits", it is overpriced; i've purchased better games 9 times cheaper, each class can respec for free wherever they are, meaning everyone is running around with the same spells. I don't see a problem with the auction house, don't use it except for selling if you think it is cheating.

In summary, don't touch if you liked Diablo 2 but it can be fun at points, which is why I have given it a 3, but it is really not a game for PC users. I like console games, HATE (future) console ports. Blizzard really dropped the ball on this one, which doesn't bold well for their (shaky) future.
  48. Jul 1, 2012
    It was fun for the first few weeks but just kinda lost interest, gfx are meh, story is predictable, the must have a Internet connection is a pain in the ass.
  49. Jul 2, 2012
    Im realy upset becouse the always online thing, i cant play more than a few minutes whitout being kick out from the servers makingeme redo complete areas that i already pass, So, Yes, to hell whit the always on line thing >_
  50. Jul 2, 2012
    Disappointing pretty much sums the game up. The graphics are outstanding, as usual for a Blizzard game, but in every other way I can think of this game is inferior to Diablo 2. The game is extremely short and has very little replay value. The skills system and item diversity are nowhere near as enjoyable as its predecessor. Also, since they made the game online-only, what happens whenDisappointing pretty much sums the game up. The graphics are outstanding, as usual for a Blizzard game, but in every other way I can think of this game is inferior to Diablo 2. The game is extremely short and has very little replay value. The skills system and item diversity are nowhere near as enjoyable as its predecessor. Also, since they made the game online-only, what happens when Blizzard decides to stop supporting the game down the road? Expand
  51. Jul 3, 2012
    No offline mode? Really? I am a huge Diablo fan. I absolutely loved the D3 beta. I also enjoy playing Diablo 3...that is when the planets align and I can actually play it. A large portion of my play time is on Tuesdays. Oh wait, the servers are down every Tuesday morning for hours. I guess it's a good thing I don't play multiplayer....oh, yea that's right...single player or not, thereNo offline mode? Really? I am a huge Diablo fan. I absolutely loved the D3 beta. I also enjoy playing Diablo 3...that is when the planets align and I can actually play it. A large portion of my play time is on Tuesdays. Oh wait, the servers are down every Tuesday morning for hours. I guess it's a good thing I don't play multiplayer....oh, yea that's right...single player or not, there is no Offline mode. That's not to mention the unscheduled server maintenance. I spent $60 on Diablo III expecting a Super Diablo II and instead got a server I cannot connect to. Expand
  52. Jul 4, 2012
    I had some fun with it for a few days playing as Wizard, but I lost interest @ lvl55 in act 2 of Hell when I realized the game had turned into an item farming JOB. The game is all about acquiring loot, and the loot is "randomly" generated except that there's a strong bias toward crappy items. A loot game would be OK if you could get good loot without going to such extreme lengths, but inI had some fun with it for a few days playing as Wizard, but I lost interest @ lvl55 in act 2 of Hell when I realized the game had turned into an item farming JOB. The game is all about acquiring loot, and the loot is "randomly" generated except that there's a strong bias toward crappy items. A loot game would be OK if you could get good loot without going to such extreme lengths, but in this game you really have to WANT the good loot, and basically there isn't enough in terms of gameplay depth to keep me coming back to the game for the joy of playing it and getting better. I'd only be playing it to better equip my character and beat Inferno, when FUN is supposed to be the point of games. I think the idea of forcing the game online in order to control cheating (and take a cut of RMAH action) was severely misguided. Would it really matter if some other guy had gotten his items by some hack? WHY? When playing single-player there should not be network lag (or server unavailability) that screws up the experience for the player. I think they've made the decent items deliberately scarce in order to pump up the BS "economy" for fake items which they profit from. Even if we take it for granted that the game has to be online to prevent cheating & piracy, the RMAH represents a low in PC gaming to me.

In future I may buy another Blizzard game, but I'll be more careful. Buying a Blizzard game isn't a no-brainer decision anymore after this.
  53. Jul 5, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a huge step back compared to Diablo 2. How did Blizzard manage to spend 7 years of development and deliver less than the old Diablo2? It's beyond me!

We have no PvP at all at release, they didn't even tough the PvP balance. If something like this happenes, PvP will be definitely **** in this game. Reduction of gameplay speed compared to Diablo2. Diablo3 just feels slower,

Reduction of gameplay speed compared to Diablo2. Diablo3 just feels slower, so they please casual gamers who are not that fast

D3 is focused on the realmoney auctionhouse, as an income source for Blizzard to sustain the game. Thus they trim the drops to be so low that you are thinking about spending real money on it. It's a social experiment, to see how a real money auction is received by a large community.

Blizzard is not what it used to be, they released a bad product and they even admit it, that item farming is not enough endgame, duh.. Really? Only Blizzard Zaelots enjoy this braindead and endless geargrind without any reason to it.

My only hope is that they make an interesting PvP content, then i might try this game out. But right now D3 is one the failures of 2012 for me. Blizzard has to take a step up, after 7 years of developement they delivered less than Diablo2 offered, that's a no go for and i vote with my wallet and don't buy it.
  54. Jul 6, 2012
    A terrible, repetitive, money grab. Uninspiring art/graphics, quite possibly the worst video game sequel of all time. The ridiculous high praise from professional reviewers really goes to show you these people are either paid off or only played the game briefly. Made me lose faith in the industry.
  55. Jul 6, 2012
    A game with the potential to be great but ruined by greedy corporation wanting quick cash. It is an Auction House game with attached benefit of killing monster - everything centered around the real money auction house (including drop rates) and all the hot fixes so far had been to gear toward making people spend real money so Blizzard can get the 15% cut and $1 transaction fee. BottersA game with the potential to be great but ruined by greedy corporation wanting quick cash. It is an Auction House game with attached benefit of killing monster - everything centered around the real money auction house (including drop rates) and all the hot fixes so far had been to gear toward making people spend real money so Blizzard can get the 15% cut and $1 transaction fee. Botters are rampant and spam all the chat channels every 10 seconds but contribute to the 15% and aren't being actively ban by Blizzard. Below are aspects of the game.

Mediocre: Graphic, sound
    Poor: Story line, not random map, layout, champion pack at entrance, Act 3&4 are pretty much identical
    Horrible: Forced Auction House (no way you can get through the game without it) - you need act 3/4 gear to clear act 1/2. Real money items are nerfed at will. Monster prefix are stupid - not challenging. Too many monster who can 1 shot you - regardless of your gear. Only a few build works in Inferno mode, everyone is a copy cat of one another. Their bnet is very unreliable yet they force you to be online to play. Too much lagging and frequent update/patches shut down their server when you have free time.

This game belongs in the $14 discount bin. Ok to kill time on normal difficulty but the later stages are just plain stupid. Such as huge let down, there are too many OTHER more engaging games to waste time on this game at its current state.

Source: I play multiple max level characters in Inferno (their hardest difficulty). People who haven't reach Inferno defend the game, but they have are clueless to the imbalance since they never get there.
  56. Sep 5, 2012
    I made a account on Metacritic ONLY to make a rating for diablo 3. I usually come to Meta critic before purchasing a game just to see how it was rated in the gaming industry. Time to get down to business. The games graphics are great. When I mean great. Amazing physics, amazing design. That is the only thing this game has going for it. The auction house is garbage. The filters for findingI made a account on Metacritic ONLY to make a rating for diablo 3. I usually come to Meta critic before purchasing a game just to see how it was rated in the gaming industry. Time to get down to business. The games graphics are great. When I mean great. Amazing physics, amazing design. That is the only thing this game has going for it. The auction house is garbage. The filters for finding items blow terribly. The group making is disgusting. You find your self leaving parties left and right because the players are extremely rude or retarded. ( That is essentially in any game though... ) The game is extremely repetitive. You will be doing the same thing for hours after hours and YOU WILL GET BORED. The only way to beat the hardest parts of the game are by grinding easier difficulties for hours for drops or using the RMA ( Real Money Auction House ) The internet connection around peak hours on Sun and Sat are laggy. There is poor skill selection 2-4 skills will be all you ever use for each class. You can beat the story in about 6 hours of hard play. Long story short.. Dont buy this game they made the game to keep their company from going into the red. You will feel as if you wasted money after purchasing this game. Dont do it. I beg you.

I give this game a 1 raiting just because the graphics are very nice everything else about this game spells a 4 letter word that a dog leaves on your carpet.
  57. Sep 6, 2012
    The Good
    - Great background music and voice acting.
    - Graphic details are pretty great. - Couple of new features which never did exists on other convention RPG/HnS series before. - Well tested game as it contains almost no bug (at least non which renders the game unplayable) The Bad - Boring leveling system where character skill customization and stats is pretty much next to nil.
    The Good
    - Great background music and voice acting.
    - Graphic details are pretty great.

The Bad
    - Unbalanced game play and character progression where is it quite impossible to play the game till Inferno mode without using the auction house (well maybe if you play in groups).
    - Has an in-game economy system which should not exist on Single Play RPG games (I will emphasize on this very often because Blizzard did not market the game as MMORPG as it should be).
    - Item drop rates are very low which leads to dull constant farming run.
    - Once you reach max level on your character you lose purpose to play on (even with the new paragon system). - Low level legendary items have almost no impact to the game because it's somewhat impossible to find, thus you can only acquire them mostly on AH again. This makes the items meaningless unlike DII where you will constantly change gears which you find on your own.
    - Quests are very linear, guided and not very rewarding. One simple accomplish them to progress the game unlike DII where you get unique services (item imbue) or items (stat books)
    - Part of the game story and monsters are very much retold/reuse from previous games in the series which is extremely dull because players would want something new and surprising. Even map themes are a copy from DI and DII.
    - Requires constant internet connection to play (sometimes lag spikes appears and kills you)
    - Blizzard controls and locks players freedom to play. Gives players pressure to farm for items and gold for progression itself alone which is annoying and no fun for a game! All these should be optional on how a players wants to play. This is a problem with Blizzard these days. They simply dishes out how things should be and expect everyone to follow blindly. - Open maps are very static and even though dungeons are random generated each time it's relatively very similar.

Tonnes of other stuff which I find difficult to put into words but this game just doesn't have what it takes to attract me to play at all. Even the achievements are ridiculous. It just feels dull and have no purpose unlike it's predecessor.

To sum everything up (for those who are lazy to read), this game is definitely not worth the price/time and it is simply living on the legacy of its predecessor. I can't say the game is repetitive because I once did a 4 hours run on Mephisto in DII. No idea why I did that (for items or for the sake of leveling) either way, this game just don't seem to have the same attraction.
  58. May 15, 2012
    If I can't play the game I can't rate it... Blizzard should at least have a single off-line mode. I am going to get a crack for the game now so I can at least see what the characters look like in game. Thanks Blizzard for spoiling your own game.
  59. May 15, 2012
    Diablo Brand and make a game thats make so match fun like minesweaper! fail blizzard has so mutch time to make this game good i but they chose their time to makes it boring
  60. May 15, 2012
    So I was a huge fan of Diablo 1 & 2. Played them for years. Was excited for Diablo 3 - never got in the beta. Decided to buy it anyway. After hours of connection problems and frustration I finally got in. I finished the entire story in 3 hours. Was not even a fun experience. Decided to just uninstall and sell my account. What an awful, awful, short game. I'm embarrassed this shares theSo I was a huge fan of Diablo 1 & 2. Played them for years. Was excited for Diablo 3 - never got in the beta. Decided to buy it anyway. After hours of connection problems and frustration I finally got in. I finished the entire story in 3 hours. Was not even a fun experience. Decided to just uninstall and sell my account. What an awful, awful, short game. I'm embarrassed this shares the "Diablo name". Expand
  61. Jun 13, 2012
    Having never played either Diablo I or II, so I didn't pick this game up out of nostalgia or other sentimental reasons. Played it because of the hype, mainly. Even though my expectations were not too high, I am somewhat disappointed. Smooth as it is, it just couldn't keep my interest for an extended period of time. The combat is too repetitious, just keep your left mouse-button pressed,Having never played either Diablo I or II, so I didn't pick this game up out of nostalgia or other sentimental reasons. Played it because of the hype, mainly. Even though my expectations were not too high, I am somewhat disappointed. Smooth as it is, it just couldn't keep my interest for an extended period of time. The combat is too repetitious, just keep your left mouse-button pressed, sometimes right-click or press numbers 1-4... Best thing it got going for it is the many checkpoints - "I'm just gonna take another checkpoint", but even so it becomes tedious grinding once the story is completed and just starts over on Nightmare... Expand
  62. Jun 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am only rating this game so high because the story... however brief... is quite entertaining. But seeing how there are achievements to beat the entire game in >4 hours, that is about all the content you're going to get. The only entertaining bit about this piece of garbage is if you get to the secret level as a barb and start playing home run derby with the teddy bears. Blizzard... you lost another long time customer Expand
  63. Jun 21, 2012
    this review was an 8 before the 1.3 patch.now the game is a joke,blizzard nerf is a joke.now you have to spend milion to repair and you cannot have progress after act 2 cause they nerf all the stats.now the only way to progress is go in rmah that it is exacly what they want..
  64. Jun 21, 2012
    350 hours played, two chars at lvl 60 and doing this I had no fun at all.. It's simply not Diablo.. It's kind of a WoW H&S with RMAH.. I'm so disappointed guys.. After 12 year it's bad, simply BAD. I was a Diablo 2 player and i can't have fun with "this" it's different, it's not Diablo! I hope some blizzard Dev can read this, i'm happy to send to him my copy of D2 and D2 LoD so he can350 hours played, two chars at lvl 60 and doing this I had no fun at all.. It's simply not Diablo.. It's kind of a WoW H&S with RMAH.. I'm so disappointed guys.. After 12 year it's bad, simply BAD. I was a Diablo 2 player and i can't have fun with "this" it's different, it's not Diablo! I hope some blizzard Dev can read this, i'm happy to send to him my copy of D2 and D2 LoD so he can play it and CHECK BY HIMSELF!. Expand
  65. Jul 1, 2012
    I am very dissappointed from what i've expected Blizzard, one of the richest if not THE richest game company, will deliver to me. But I bought a very expensive game that got a REALLY SHORT STORY. The action house destroyed the collecting experience which was one of the most important parts of the Diablo series.
  66. Jul 2, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game where players expected to be playing several months on to continue to get the best items for their character and to savour the moment when they found such an item. However the poor story and very repetitive maps with virtually no randomness make the actual grinding itself mind numbingly boring whilst the actual items that drop within the game are neither interesting norDiablo 3 is a game where players expected to be playing several months on to continue to get the best items for their character and to savour the moment when they found such an item. However the poor story and very repetitive maps with virtually no randomness make the actual grinding itself mind numbingly boring whilst the actual items that drop within the game are neither interesting nor worth your time to seek out. The awful customer service, feedback, server downtime and patch changes have only the made the game even more of a failure then it was on launch. Expand
  67. Jul 2, 2012
    Forget the "servers down" bllsht. It forbided unlogged single player, period.
    Childish story with no suspence at all. No random maps as blizzard said. Too cartoonish with few moments of decent gore and dark atmosphere. Auction House is a obligation to advance in game. PvP not available. Elites are harder then bosses. Bestiary should be doubled. wtf is a nephalm ? and finally...
    65 direct
    Forget the "servers down" bllsht. It forbided unlogged single player, period.
    65 direct hired people, according to wiki, during 6 years to do this ?
  68. Jul 4, 2012
    Being genuinely entertaining for post-work hour or couple of hours clicking on monsters. After first playthrough I thought I may as well pay my sub to WoW or Rift and at least have more diversified clicking.
  69. Jul 4, 2012
    Honestly, I really wanted to love this game, but shelved it after about 20 hours ingame and never played it again since May 2012. Not because of its login problems in the weeks following its launch, balancing and item drop rate issues or the lack of PVP. Not even because Diablo 3 somehow looks (and plays) like WoW in an isometric perspective. And even the fact that the auction house seemedHonestly, I really wanted to love this game, but shelved it after about 20 hours ingame and never played it again since May 2012. Not because of its login problems in the weeks following its launch, balancing and item drop rate issues or the lack of PVP. Not even because Diablo 3 somehow looks (and plays) like WoW in an isometric perspective. And even the fact that the auction house seemed to become way too important (pay2win) didn't bother me - I simply decided not to use it.

I shelved Diablo 3 because of something far worse: The poor gameplay design. Diablo 3 is not a good game in terms of gameplay, not even a mediocre one, it's bad. It lacks motivation, passion, soul, dedication, identification and innovation. It also misses something that makes it stand out, something unique that makes you want to play it - something that keeps you going.

Of course, the artstyle (graphics, animations, models, cgi and sound) is well done, but the game world - altough well designed - feels too mingy, you never really get "the big picture" of how vast and epic this world actually is. Even worse, there's war and betrayal going on in the world of Sanctuary - and I didn't care, although I wanted to. The game feels soulless, dead and shallow. In the end, I had to ask myself "Why am I playing this?" and sadly, there was no answer. There's something wrong with the core of this game.

I'm sorry to say that, Blizzard, but I couldn't identify myself with the game characters, and sadly, i also felt no empathy with their stories (I know, it's a Hack-n-Slay, but we're talking about Blizzard here - they always had a strong focus on good storytelling). The gameplay lacks almost everything which made the Diablo franchise so engaging and exciting; e.g. the skill system has been dumbed down way too much. Of course, there are runes, but they NEVER should have completely replaced Diablo 2's skill system! As a result, the Diablo 3 gameplay feels bland, repetitive and way too casual: In Diablo 2, you really had to think about what you were doing, but in Diablo 3, this is not the case - and maybe that's why the game feels generic.

Blizzard made game design choices which - from my point of view - turned out to be completely wrong. They should have been more focused on the development of Diablo 3 instead of putting out one WoW addon after another. I really feel bad about giving the game a 4/10, but that's what it deserves from my point of view.
  70. Jul 5, 2012
    The newest installment in a short but well-beloved franchise sacrifices the largest part of what made D2 a thoroughly enjoyable, even addictive, experience upon the altars of more revenue through RMAH. (Oflline/LAN-mode, total randomness of items/drops with random items surpasing the shockingly scarce sets and even legendaries, joke bosses, no tuning at all with regards to randomThe newest installment in a short but well-beloved franchise sacrifices the largest part of what made D2 a thoroughly enjoyable, even addictive, experience upon the altars of more revenue through RMAH. (Oflline/LAN-mode, total randomness of items/drops with random items surpasing the shockingly scarce sets and even legendaries, joke bosses, no tuning at all with regards to random champs/elites who are totally interchangeable and basically consists of a selection of affixes (special abilities) randomly assorted and repeated ad nauseam, developing and shaping your character regardless of cookie cutter specs (I never considered myself "forced" and played what I enjoyed in D2 despite the grief some people gave you, and I did reasonably well)...) Expand
  71. Jul 6, 2012
    After waiting for 10+ years is this the best Blizzard can do? Short single player campaign fill with issues. Missing content. Poor balance. Mad DRM. Buy a 15foot bargepole to help avoid thus overhyped Jaws 4.
  72. Jul 6, 2012
    The game, though fun for a while does begin to degrade into grinding at times.I personally believe that it is a horrible idea to put in an actual real money auction house, which could lead into exploitation, and hacking.
    Though I still feel immersed by the story. Though I find it very redundant to make a Single player game still on a server
    Generally: Wait either there's a sale on Steam
    Generally: Wait either there's a sale on Steam or other.
  73. Jun 5, 2014
    Games are about entertainment. You're supposed to have fun. However diablo 3 bored me from the very beginning. Previous installments in the series immersed me but this one really pales in comparison.
  74. Sep 15, 2014
    Let me start by saying I made a Metacritic account JUST to make this review.

Let me start by saying I made a Metacritic account JUST to make this review.

I've been a Diablo fan since the release of the original Diablo. I've been a Blizzard fan since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. I bought this game based on the opinions of fellow friends that seemed to have good taste in gaming. Many people praised it's incredible gameplay, awesome multiplayer action that would extend for days beyond it's release.

When I first started, the plot seemed exactly what I wanted. The hero is almost immediately involved, checking out the damage done by the meteor that hit the hall. As the cutscene continued, the dialogue kept losing credibility, lots of gaps were made in the unholy plot and the writing was definitely written for a 5th grade audience. These were things I kind of expected. I read a few of the books after playing diablo 2 and they were good when I was a teenager. But this plot? Jesus, don't get me started. I actually spent a good while laughing at the crummy dialogue.

Let me tell you this plot is pretty basic and extremely lackluster compared to the previous two. I beat the game, not once was I hooked or compelled by the story. I don't know how they managed to write such a mediocre plot within YEARS of development. This game is f*cking atrocious in far more aspects than just story, however.

Lets list the problems with the gameplay. First, the skill tree doesn't really require you to know what synergy is. It's practically non-existent. When I first started playing, the visuals were pretty astonishing, but that's not saying much. It looks like WoW that takes place in a graveyard/hell/whatever halloween-related **** setting. It wasn't even mildly horrific. So, then you go on to complete somewhat mundane quests, following the path that blizzard set out for you. The plot line is linear, but even MORE linear than the second! You literally have a check list of things they want you to do and procedurally go through them mindlessly. Normally, I can dig it. It's just the story left such a **** taste in my mouth that I got bored by the third act! I decided to push further, just to beat the game to give a holistic response to this game.

Also.. The BUTCHER? In DIABLO 3? A reused character? Laughable. At least the bosses in D2 were unique and interesting (not to mention, characterized to the setting..)

Items... Let's look at how uncharacterized the items are. Everything boils down to Damage, toughness, healing. This is the naive approach. However, it does delve deeper than that. What's with the ridiculous stat increases? It's unnecessary and makes it slightly harder to estimate. Loot is pointless. There's no dynamic character building because your character gets all the f*cking skills. What's the point? I hardly want to perfect ONE character, much less several different characters that have unique attributes (BECAUSE YOU CAN'T).

No chatrooms. Awesome. One of the most memorable things about Diablo/Starcraft is gone. How did this sound like a good idea? Just make it an option for people who want it.

No making games with actual NAMES to join. Another non-intuitive thing blizzard made by REMOVING features. When is removing features a feasible options to improve a game? It's almost comical.

I don't know if I covered everything about this game that I dislike. I think I threw in a few redeeming qualities but it wasn't much.

Bottom line is, I don't give two sh*ts whether or not your servers work the first time I log in or not if the gameplay is horrid. The fact people are rating this game on that is absolutely absurd to me.

Also, Blizzard fanboys are blinded to crappy games. Not my problem anymore.
  75. Nov 12, 2014
    A hollow sequel with a punishingly unfair economic system that makes no sense and takes the fun out of playing. How anyone takes that long to make a game worse eludes and confuses me.
  76. Jul 2, 2012
    Disappointed overall. Expected the game to have much more depth and ground breaking concepts. Errors and exploits have killed the online market. Graphics and designs were exceptional but still could have improved even more, especially with the time they had to develop it. The gold duplication exploit has destroyed the gold and real money market. There is no real point in buying/selling onDisappointed overall. Expected the game to have much more depth and ground breaking concepts. Errors and exploits have killed the online market. Graphics and designs were exceptional but still could have improved even more, especially with the time they had to develop it. The gold duplication exploit has destroyed the gold and real money market. There is no real point in buying/selling on the market any more. A small % of people have huge amounts of gold which wouldn't be possible, even if u played 24/7. The item's attributes and stats are a little off. Certain normal/uncommon items are better than rares and legendaries . The game overall is very linear and repetitive. Disappointed in the final product and hope an expansion will further the games experience. But i have that feeling that it will just be an expansion that will raise the level cap and still the same repetitive item hunting with no other real goals to aim for. Expand
  77. Jul 2, 2012
    4 is probably unfair, but I hoped for so much from this game. After less than a month, I entirely stopped playing. I think the short explanation why is the meaningless random loot and the repetitive nature of the end game. The game is pretty and it is easy to drop in and out of games with friends, but it just lacks that loot-crack element to keep me coming back. Fun for a while, but4 is probably unfair, but I hoped for so much from this game. After less than a month, I entirely stopped playing. I think the short explanation why is the meaningless random loot and the repetitive nature of the end game. The game is pretty and it is easy to drop in and out of games with friends, but it just lacks that loot-crack element to keep me coming back. Fun for a while, but not staying power. Expand
  78. Jul 2, 2012
    Okay so Diablo 3 is OVERALL an okay game. Obviously, the story is not as good as anybody expected, and the sound quality in general is not that great, however Diablo 3 keeps you playing it because of its reward, and looting system. The game gears towards giving the best items in the game, or at least making you THINK you have them, very early in the game and often in the game. However ifOkay so Diablo 3 is OVERALL an okay game. Obviously, the story is not as good as anybody expected, and the sound quality in general is not that great, however Diablo 3 keeps you playing it because of its reward, and looting system. The game gears towards giving the best items in the game, or at least making you THINK you have them, very early in the game and often in the game. However if you look past the actual loot you gain, its basically like playing a multi-player game like Team Fortress, or Tribes by yourself. The game requires an internet connection to play in single-player mode. I recently found myself on a plane with nothing to do for the next 4 to 5 hours, so I finally brought myself to play some Diablo 3. Then I realized, wait I need internet connection for this. I have to say, Diablo does have decent enough graphics, but I feel too much like I'm playing World Of Warcraft to even appreciate the fact that I paid 60 bucks for this game. However it was expected that this game was going to be like World Of Warcraft, without Leroy Jenkins. Diablo 3 fails to bring the element of suspense and surprise into the game, making it a major bore for players worldwide. However, Diablo 3 is sure to attract a massive fan-base regardless of how bad, or good the game actually is. But I must admit Diablo does have some remotely fun parts, but not enough to hide the terrible game-play and story that Diablo 3 has. I do not think this game is a "good" one and definitely do not think it is worth the 60 dollars you pay for it. Expand
  79. Jul 23, 2013
    pros:
    - a much awaited Diablo sequel. I know I wanted this game for 10 years
    - very fast loading - decent graphics - coop cons: - there are too few skills to play around in each class and once the difficulty romps up the options are taken out completely - unless you want to double/tripple/quadriple boring farming of the same areas you must use in game auction. that in turn leads
    pros:
    - a much awaited Diablo sequel. I know I wanted this game for 10 years
    - very fast loading
    - decent graphics
    - coop

cons:
    - unless you want to double/tripple/quadriple boring farming of the same areas you must use in game auction. that in turn leads to mudflation. now in 2013 it is possible to get end game gear that allows easy entry into inferno(mp++) with no effort. Getting said gear on your own is impossible. The time spend auctioning is wasted. I'd rather be playing the game then the auction house with virtual items... it is basicly an in game character editor/cheat system that takes hours instead of minutes to get desired results.
    - in 2013 I've acquired enough power to kill anything in the game in under 50 hours solo leaving me with no challenge ahead or desire to play
    - there is noticeable lag related issues like getting killed by unknown force and attacks not registering fast enough leading to death even with latency below 150 in single player.
    - diablo 2 mega annoying random boss system is back but now that players do not have to instant refresh skills and the whole system being much much slower than d2 which isnt a good thing.
    - the only thing that was improved over d2 is graphics and even that is arguable as instead of dark hellish feel the game now feels like WoW.
    - all the maps are now static ...
    - character development does not exist/removed

the rest is imo:
    - an alright game to play once on normal. The rest of the difficulties area actually easier than normal and feature exactly the same content. For me who played d1/d2 a lot d3 feels like a sluggish version of the same game with extra quirks due to internet lag and included in game cheat system called auction house. Characters terribly lack customization options.
  80. Jul 5, 2014
    Outside of joining a lot of other reviewers in being annoyed that I had to connect to an account for single player, I still found the game to be poor. The story was a miserable bag of cliches, the atmosphere was unimpressive, the game-play itself felt bland, and the treasure system I loved from number two was reduced to background noise. Graphics are great, but that won't carry a gameOutside of joining a lot of other reviewers in being annoyed that I had to connect to an account for single player, I still found the game to be poor. The story was a miserable bag of cliches, the atmosphere was unimpressive, the game-play itself felt bland, and the treasure system I loved from number two was reduced to background noise. Graphics are great, but that won't carry a game for this little black duck. Expand
  81. Mar 28, 2015
    Diablo 2 is my favourite hack and slay game on PC, so i just can give Diablo 3 a 0 out of 10. Blizzard made everything wrong in this game. Especially in 2012 at release. Servers not reachable and no possibilty to play offline. Real Money AH.... Skillsystem for 5 year old kids.... The things that i like in Diablo are not in the game. For example, a great Offline Single Player, well thoughtDiablo 2 is my favourite hack and slay game on PC, so i just can give Diablo 3 a 0 out of 10. Blizzard made everything wrong in this game. Especially in 2012 at release. Servers not reachable and no possibilty to play offline. Real Money AH.... Skillsystem for 5 year old kids.... The things that i like in Diablo are not in the game. For example, a great Offline Single Player, well thought out skill system with synergies, dark depressing and grown up look, a Diablo-boss Model thats worthy. When i saw Diablo as a boss in Diablo 2 the first time, my heart beat was 200 and i was afraid of being killed. But when i saw Diablo in Diablo 3 i thought, are you **** kidding me??? Thats it? looking like **** Andariel in Diablo 2. There are People who payed 60 bucks at release and 40 for reapers of souls. Blizzard tryed to make it better over the years. But they aren't able to make the diablo 3 that it should be. skill System has got paragon System, that makes it a Little better. but still no offline mode and loot is still not as good as it could be. It's a pity that they didn't take the things that are good in diablo 2 to diablo 3 and make better graphics and a few things new or things that were bad in diablo 2 better. Instead of this they made everything different and in my opinion thats no longer a diablo game. =( Expand
  82. Sep 15, 2014
    My all time favorite game is Diablo 2. So coming from that game, I was expecting Diablo 3 to be something at least equally as amazing, or better. Well, as it turns out, it was a huge disappointment, even after giving it a BIG chance playing the game entirely from beginning to end. Here's what I noted:

CONS - The game is way too easy on normal. I did get very lucking finding magical

CONS
    - The game is way too easy on normal. I did get very lucking finding magical items that gave me a combination of very high intelligence, vitality, and life regeneration (so my character was practically immortal and very strong). I think the inherent problem here is that the guys at Blizzard didn't think things through all the way and didn't correctly balance out character stats vs AI stats, making it extremely easy to kill AI monsters when increasing certain character attributes. In Diablo 2, even when finding very powerful weapons and armor, you still had a hard time killing bosses and such on Normal mode. In this game, I literally killed Diablo in 60 seconds.
    - Music was weak. Although a very minor detail to most, I feel like the soundtracks throughout gameplay in Diablo 2 were alot better and gave the game a very different feel, more mystical and creepy.
    - The cinematics weren't amazing (except for the one for the last Act, which was impressive). In Diablo 2, I remember feeling thrilled watching every cinematic for each Act.
    - I think it was so stupid not being able to use my equipped weapon. You're always forced to use your Left or Right mouse buttons for a specific skill you choose, and your weapon's damage is the determining factor of how much damage your skill does. That's stupid. You should be able to use your weapon freely, and it should have its own damage, and your skills should have their own damage and you should be able to use those separately.
    - I thought the characters looked pretty weak. I selected a wizard, and my character just looked like an adolescent. In Diablo 2, I remember the necromancer looking strong and powerful in the character selection screen (again, probably for minor detail for some, but for me it was just another little thing that showed me there was lack in attention to detail in this game).
    - Big lack of content. I was able to beat this game very quickly and go through the Acts fast. I feel like Diablo 2 had alot MORE maps and places to go in every Act.
    - Having to be always online to play the game was a HUGE mistake. I have one of the fastest internet service packages on the market, and even with that I still experienced lag many times while playing the game. It was extremely annoying hitting barrels and watching it shatter 10 seconds later.
    - I don't like that you couldn't really increase your Arcane Power (which used to be your Manna). Sometimes, you would find loot that would alter it by a couple points, and leveling up never increased it. Thats just stupid. A wizard, which is what I was, should have very high Arcane Power, Low Health points.
    - You never really used potions here. Minor detail, but I liked how Diablo 2 had a wide range of potions you could use for different benefits. Here, non-existent, just a Health Potion you rarely used because either your equipment gives you insane amount of health regeneration or theres tons of health globes laying around (I didn't like the health globes).

PROS
    - Graphics are an improvement.
    - Being able to remove gems from socketed items is an improvement, as well as combining gems to craft better gems. Huge plus.
    - I like that you were able to craft items using an Artisan, which before, in Diablo 2, was only restricted to the Horadric cube. Even though most of your good items will be found in loot, I was still able to craft 1 armor item that was better than what I currently had equipped.

I will say this, is the game entertaining? Yes. Is it better than many other games out there (because I do think alot of games out there in the world are just crap)? Yes. Is it worth the buy? Sure, but don't expect this to be as good as Diablo 2, because it really isn't.

I will finish by saying this, and I hope the guys at Blizzard see this. I am truly disappointed that after making millions of dollars and having had so many years to develop a good game, that Blizzard deviated so far from the original game. You should really stick to the basics to what made a previous game amazing, and not try to reinvent the wheel, just improve on things, not completely change it.
  83. Dec 10, 2014
    A shadow of its predecessors. It's not terrible and the recent expansion/patch does a lot to rectify what was originally wrong with it, but it's still not what I was hoping for as a fan of 1 and 2.

Try out the brilliant Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile instead - both of which are superior to this letdown.

Jimbo Rating: 6/10
  84. May 29, 2012
    Diablo 3 took everything that made Diablo 2 fun and just threw it away. This is a game for casual scrubs. Terrible game, don't buy it. Blizzard used to be the best game developers in the world, it is sad to see how low they have sunk. Oh and by the way, enjoy always having to be online to play when Blizzard's been to cheap to buy decent servers (have fun playing with 150 ms at all times!).
  85. May 30, 2012
    Tired of playing the same crpg over and over and over for the last 15-20 years? Want something refreshing, surprising, innovative and challenging instead? Don't look here. If you're into seeing the state of the computer roleplaying game go absolutely nowhere, buy Diablo III and tell the corporation that paid for it that all you want is more.
  86. Jun 19, 2012
    It's an inferior Pay2Win MMORPG; without the RPG, without the MMO. D2 and D3 have nothing in common as far as game mechanics are concerned. Even aesthetically they have nothing in common, heck Diablo's a female now with boobs.
  87. Jun 20, 2012
    Save your time and money, this game was an absolute failure. The only way you might like it is if you never played the first two of the series. If you have played the first two avoid this at all costs, it was an absolute failure and it is only a giant ploy to fuel the real money auction house in the game.
  88. Jun 20, 2012
    Activision must have paid a fortune in bribes to get such good industry reviews. However, the user reviews tell the true story. This is a dumbed down, money making exercise that spectacularly fails to fire at any stage of the game. It looks and feels more like World of Warcraft than part of the Diablo franchise. The auction house ruins any feeling of progress, instead it is just aActivision must have paid a fortune in bribes to get such good industry reviews. However, the user reviews tell the true story. This is a dumbed down, money making exercise that spectacularly fails to fire at any stage of the game. It looks and feels more like World of Warcraft than part of the Diablo franchise. The auction house ruins any feeling of progress, instead it is just a cycle of "gear check", "kill things", "sell loot for money", "visit auction house". I have played for ~150 hours and have had only one legendary item drop so far and that item was pretty much worthless. The cinematics (usually a strong point for Blizzard) are boring and the dialogue, cut scenes, plot and voice acting are pretty much the worst I have ever seen in a game.

The gameplay and lack of freedom are the real killer though. So you wander around the (not so) random environment killing mobs by inclining your weapon in their general direction and then you are suddenly jumped on by something golden that hits you from off screen and kills you in one shot. Even worse you can't do any damage back as it is invulnerable or shielded, etc. This is not fun. Being forced to kill elite packs is not fun. Making the least fun part of the game the main driver once you hit level 60 is just a vain attempt to make something totally unenjoyable seem more rewarding - it doesn't work.

In summary playing DIII feels like someone is playing a mean joke on you and that at some point a crowd of people will jump up and shout, "fooled you"... then you get to play the "real" game... I am still waiting for this though :'(
  89. Jun 21, 2012
    I had high hopes for this game, crushed hopes now. I won't complain about the graphics, they're nothing special, but get the job done. They game play mechanics are actually enjoyable, for a while... and that's where it ends.

I think most of the reviews here have covered the boring storyline, blah...blah..blah.. I'll focus more on the current state of the game. The game shouldn't even be named Diablo, it should be called Auction House. After playing a while, you quickly realize that the gear you need to progress to the next act doesn't drop for you. So it then becomes a gold grind to afford your upgrades at the Auction House. Along come all the exploits, bots, etc. and the economy is out of control.

Blizz's latest solution to this is patch 1.03. Nerf everyone's damage, 5x everyone's repair costs, 3 min enrage timers on bosses, no items in smashing and kicking things anymore, very little gold from the environment, you're killing inferno mode bosses/champs and getting hell mode loot. The forums at Blizzard are on fire, the mods can't delete the negative threads fast enough, players leaving the game in droves and an attitude of indifference from the one or two mods who've actually responded to the flood of rage.

Sad part is.... I still think the game has potential to be great if the execs over there would focus more on making the game fun rather than how to funnel as many sheep as possible into the Real Money Auction House to get their 15% cut..

Do yourself a big favor if you're considering buying Auction House 3, Give it a month or two and see if Blizz is able to iron out the wrinkles, because currently, it's a joke.
  90. Jul 15, 2012
    One of the biggest disappointments I have ever had the displeasure of playing, a game infected by the same corporate greed that has been plaguing this industry for the last decade and making no attempt to hide it either. I won't even go into the story other than saying it feels rushed, incomplete (likely to make way for expansions) and pretty much thrown together to give the game someOne of the biggest disappointments I have ever had the displeasure of playing, a game infected by the same corporate greed that has been plaguing this industry for the last decade and making no attempt to hide it either. I won't even go into the story other than saying it feels rushed, incomplete (likely to make way for expansions) and pretty much thrown together to give the game some semblance of plot. What truly becomes apparent rather quickly is how this game's aspects completely revolve around players using the auction house, be it real money or in-game gold, at every turn in this game one is being goaded into spending money, be it the lack of level appropriate loot dropping in higher difficulties, the fact that gear and not inherent stats determine everything from offense to defense, Blizzard's nerfing of classes who have the possibility to circumvent the gear requirements needed for inferno difficulty, everything in this game pushes people to spend money to get better gear. On an auction house where the economy has been broken since release wich (perhaps intentionally) pushes people to towards spending real money on RMAH. Even the now infamous DRM is all a means to keep that infernal auction house alive and I find it truly mind boggling how Blizzard can not seem to admit that Diablo 3 is being used as a cash cow at the expense of their consumers' enjoyment. The skill system feels heavily uninspired and simplified, the game has been advertised as being gothic horror, but even an 8 year old wouldn't get a scare out of this game. Diablo 1 and 2 felt dark and scary, the music felt ominous, Diablo 3 has abolished this feeling and made way for a game for all to play and enjoy... (and spend money on the auction house). The arrogance of Blizzard's "you play how we want you to play" aproach is another point of interest, classes and mechanics being nerfed leaving certain builds and gear (on wich players have spent quite a bit of money) completely useless, there is just no excuse for how much this game blows in the end. A game used to bring in money at the expense of the consumers' entertainment by taking a much loved franchise and putting a shiny new number on it. Truly sad. Expand
  91. Jul 18, 2012
    D3 was certainly not what I expected. The game has become to focused around the Auction House, which unfortunately seems to be the primary focus around the Blizzard updates. Gameplay is meh at best, and after the first few playthroughs you may realize that it will not provide the sustained longevity that made D2 such a big hit. The graphics are decent, the interface is intuitive, but toD3 was certainly not what I expected. The game has become to focused around the Auction House, which unfortunately seems to be the primary focus around the Blizzard updates. Gameplay is meh at best, and after the first few playthroughs you may realize that it will not provide the sustained longevity that made D2 such a big hit. The graphics are decent, the interface is intuitive, but to me those are primarily aesthetic and don't necessarily make for a good game I was hoping that I would get a lot more play out of this game but unfortunately I've already moved on. Expand
  92. Jul 21, 2012
    Wow... there isnt much more I can say about this game that hasnt already been said.

So I will talk about the company that allows you to play it. I have been on the Diablo 3 forums from day 1 reading and commenting on constructive criticism because I really wanted the game to be successful. The reason the forums exist is so players can discuss game topics and the state of the game

So I will talk about the company that allows you to play it.

The reason the forums exist is so players can discuss game topics and the state of the game in general. Even when I requested a refund from blizzard they asked me to comment on the reasons I was leaving in their forums.

Well... I have been banned from the forums twice now for what they claim to be "Trolling".

What I did was post inside treads that offered constructive, and well worded feedback, and criticism. Most of these posts even without ToS violations get censored and deleted. It doesnt really matter what you say on thier forums, as long as its not something they agree with.. they simply remove it.

I made a very good post the other day about the difference between F2P and P2P, and based on the fact that Diablo 3's business model is to make residual income from its MicroTransaction using the RMAH, I said that Diablo 3 should convert to F2P to get the majority of the players back.

There was a lot of comments some negative and some very constructive that brought up many good points.

This is what blizzard considers trolling. I did not slander blizzard, I did not say their game sucks, I did not make any negitive comments about the game. I simply showed two arguments on how it should be F2P instead of P2P, and got banned for it.

This company is going down hill, and fast. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how things are going for not only their parent company but blizzard itself.

So to sum it all up:

Diablo is indeed a very bad game. If you need reasons.. just visit any site that provides user feedback.

Blizzard is a bad company and ppl should not buy games or any products from them. It just allows them to keep doing what they are doing. They will ask you for your opinions and then they will censer you, and then they will ban you for them. This company does not like free thinking ppl, and this is even more obvious if you look at how they totally dumped down the game because they think all you consumers are morons.

Just ask Jay Wilson.
  93. Jul 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everything has been said already. This is not a Diablo game. It is a playstation game with cutscenes, long talking cartoony monsters, and no character growth. The gameplay is horrible when compared. If you liked D1 & D2: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. You will lose $60. P.S. DIablo is now a skinny alienlike creature who just talks to you while you fight regular monsters. Weakest ending ever. Expand
  94. Sep 24, 2012
    I held out for a long time before I tried D3 because of the negative reviews. I am a huge fan of D1 and D2 and, like everyone else, have waited with bated breath for over a decade for this title. I finally broke down and bought the game and I can't accurately express how disappointed I am. The reasons are similar to other complaints but the biggest issue is that I simply don't like beingI held out for a long time before I tried D3 because of the negative reviews. I am a huge fan of D1 and D2 and, like everyone else, have waited with bated breath for over a decade for this title. I finally broke down and bought the game and I can't accurately express how disappointed I am. The reasons are similar to other complaints but the biggest issue is that I simply don't like being treated like a child with ADHD. Diablo 1 and 2 were excellent precisely because of the complexity and tough choices that were entirely removed from this game. Those complex, hard decisions are in fact the very reason they were excellent games. What were the developers thinking? Did they honestly believe that lovers of D1 and D2 would be happy with all their choices being made for them? How did they come to this conclusion? Where are the customer feedback and fan forums where fans of the previous games were complaining that Diablo was too complex and needed to be dumbed down? How does Blizzard leadership allow such completely uncalled for and totally unnecessary design decisions to be made? Why would you so drastically change something that your fan base obviously loved? It's truly mind boggling. Honestly, the overall impression I get from the game design can be summed up perfectly with one word - Lazy. The sales may have made it appear to be a hit so far but I strongly suspect that the sales numbers from D3 reflect the hopes and expectations of fans that were giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt (I certainly fall into that category) because they definitely don't reflect a well designed, intelligent game. I only hope Blizzard decision makers are able to come to the same conclusion. Expand
  95. May 29, 2012
    I bought this game last night, was able to log in for about 5 minutes then battle.net went down. Tried again this morning and bnet was down again. No offline single player + crappy servers mean this game gets a big fat 0 for being totally unplayable.
  96. May 29, 2012
    Even ignoring the atrocious status of the servers, making it impossible to play two weeks after release, the game is unoriginal. Don't get me wrong, it's a solid game, but they took Diablo 2, gutted the skill system slapped on new graphics and failed to deliver on basically any of their extravagant pre-release promises.
  97. May 31, 2012
    This game forces you to play online, then does server maintenence whenever they feel like it, for 3 times the duration that they "expect" it to be. After maintenence , bugs still occur all the time. Basically you as a consumer are not respected, are totally dispensable to blizzard, and clearly blizzard does not give a crap about you , thinking they can do whatever the hell they want andThis game forces you to play online, then does server maintenence whenever they feel like it, for 3 times the duration that they "expect" it to be. After maintenence , bugs still occur all the time. Basically you as a consumer are not respected, are totally dispensable to blizzard, and clearly blizzard does not give a crap about you , thinking they can do whatever the hell they want and you will still pay them Expand
  98. May 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With 120 hours of playtime, the game is done. Broken mechanics, tedious, not hard(One-hit KO from out of sight creatures is the new hard). Zero customization.
    Once an attack animation starts, it cannot be dodged.
    You do not fight, you run around and try not to get hit while laying down AOEs. With heavy WoW influence, you now see "enrage timers", which is a simple "You die".
    The game is centered completely around the real money auction house to fill greedy pockets. Loot is entirely TOO random. You get a class specific item with the entire opposite of needed stats.
    Exploits and bots are everywhere.
    Extreme amounts of compromised accounts, and all Blizzard can say is "get an authenticator".
    Case insensitive passwords, weak measures against brute force attacks.
    Blizzard forum moderators are insulting and offensive.
    The forums are filled with trolls, and any constructive criticism is locked/deleted off of the forums if Blizzard doesn't like it. The troll posts stay much longer.

If you buy this game in the near future, understand you are purchasing your way into what really seems like beta testing. The games core mechanics were drastically changed 4 weeks prior to release with no testing, and Inferno was never tested properly.

If you want to pay to win, open your wallet, you might have a good time.
  99. May 30, 2012
    this game is total garbage. a downgrade in every aspect. such a disgrace to the diablo franchise... only wow fanboys enjoying this game, they buy every fukin game by activizzard, only to complete their b.net accs, just stupid. and the funny thing is, their ingame town called orgrimmar has more complexity than this crap game -.- biiiig disappointment... "the game was total garbage..." "andthis game is total garbage. a downgrade in every aspect. such a disgrace to the diablo franchise... only wow fanboys enjoying this game, they buy every fukin game by activizzard, only to complete their b.net accs, just stupid. and the funny thing is, their ingame town called orgrimmar has more complexity than this crap game -.- biiiig disappointment... "the game was total garbage..." "and then we doubled it" - Jay Wilson Expand
  100. Jun 1, 2012
    I've played around a 100 hours of Diablo 3 and I can say I have an accurate grasp overall on the release. Yes, the critic reviews are positive. My review would be too if I only played for a few hours on normal. The game doesn't have much replay value so leveling past your first hero might get boring. The auction house is dreadful; it rarely works, has a very limited post limit, and isI've played around a 100 hours of Diablo 3 and I can say I have an accurate grasp overall on the release. Yes, the critic reviews are positive. My review would be too if I only played for a few hours on normal. The game doesn't have much replay value so leveling past your first hero might get boring. The auction house is dreadful; it rarely works, has a very limited post limit, and is incredibly inflated. Inferno mode is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I've cleared through most of it (painstakingly) but it literally wasn't even tested by Blizzard. A lot of down time combined with many late game inconveniences makes this the biggest gaming disappointment in years. Expand
  101. May 15, 2012
    Why did I pre-order Diablo 3 if it is 24 hours post launch and Blizzard is still having connectivity issues? "Single player" mode lags in the rare occasion that I can actually play (usually the servers are down and overcrowded and I am prevented from logging on)

Character customization is illusory if not altogether gone, the game looks and feels like a console port, and the ambiance is boring. The graphics are pathetic, even Tropic III looks better than this. I gave it 2 stars for reminding me how awesome Diablo II was.

1. Aug 31, 2012