3.9

1. May 15, 2012
    I haven't had this much fun playing a game since Diablo II came out. After playing for several hours, I really can't complain about much. I haven't ran into a single bug myself, which is rather incredible for a game that just came out, though bugs do exist. I can't really think of any ways to make the game better. It's incredibly fun and addicting. They did a great job with this one. I'll probably be playing this game for many, many years to come.

Also, why are people reviewing this game that haven't even played? Regardless of how good/bad you think it is, nobody cares about reviews from someone that hasn't played the game.
  2. May 15, 2012
    Connection issues suck but they are a very temporary issue. Core game play is solid and everything we have come to expect in the Diablo franchise. Way to go Blizzard, good job.
  3. May 17, 2012
    They've done it again. Regardless of the game being streamlined, it has been streamlined to perfection.All conventional game elements are still there, albeit in a bit more different form. The streamlined mechanics not only provide a great foundation for itemization, but they also offer more variety in character building than pre-LoD Diablo 2 for example.
  4. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard make impossible thing. Diablo 2 was one of the best games but Diablo 3 surely much better.
    Free builds, in-game lore explanation, story. This game will take all my free time in the near future. Going to take vacation at work to play more
  5. May 15, 2012
    This game is perfect in very aspect, the cinematics are incredible the graphics are amazing , its the best hack'n'slash of all time, try it and you will love it
  6. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game!! People need to stop crying that they can't get on been playing it for 4 hours now its incredibly fun, good graphics amazing sound and the combat is fun and challenging, already compiled some cool rare items and look forward to more treasure hunting :D
  7. May 15, 2012
    I dont see why everyone is giving this game negative reviews. People are complaining about not being able to connect to the servers but i am not having any trouble at all. I just played for over an hour and didnt encounter a single problem with the game or the server connection. My guess is these people are complaining about trying to connect to multiplayer which seriously what did you expect on launch day. A few million people are trying to connect to the multiplayer servers all at once did you really expect them to not crash every once and a while? If you just give the game a week or so the servers will empty out and the problems that everybody is having with the game will disappear. So stop giving the game a 0/10 just because you are pissed off that you cant connect to multiplayer; single player is fun as hell. Enjoy the game and stop ruining the rating just because you are angry. Expand
  8. May 15, 2012
    Fantastic sequel to a great series. Highly expected launch problems but the actual quality of the game is great. If you have difficulty connecting just wait a couple days. Sure it's an inconvenience but the game is phenomenal.
  9. May 15, 2012
    Best game Ever!!!. i have been playing for 6 hours and now i'm in college, i want to play it NOW lol. i am loving the WD. The story is so much better than D1 and D2(ive only played 6 hours but its awesome so far!)
    i love the WD attacks they are all so visceral!
  10. May 15, 2012
    Just because this is DRM it doesnt mean that this game is bad. The Graphics are nice and the story is deep. Blizzard also did acknowledge that they would have issues and whatnot. Every game has issues and whatnot if you cant deal with it then dont waste your money. As for me i think game is great despite the small bugs. I didn't waste my money and for some other reviewers i hope you know this is RPG not a FPS and Blizzard isn't dead. Expand
  11. May 15, 2012
    Great game: everything I expected and more. No problems logging from Europe in the early morning of today. Stop ranting about day one errors please... just judge the game.
  12. May 15, 2012
    DRM is frustrating..yes. Can it be prohibitive, yes. Is it necessary, well, some say yes, and some say no. As a PC Gamer, we value our rights, and I respect that. But don't review bomb Blizzard and Diablo 3. I commend the devs at Bliz. What an unbelievable challenge to make a game after masterpieces like D1 & 2. Beautifully crafted, well designed, great lore, concept, loot, etc...You made this long time gamer very happy when a release date was announced, and now the final product is at home and installed. I just want to say you earned a well deserved Thank You! Expand
  13. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game. Tons of things to do and awesome art direction. Aside from launch day server issues every online game has, this game is near perfect. Don't be put off by the people complaining about Korean speed runners beating the TUTORIAL DIFFICULTY in 2 hours.
  14. May 15, 2012
    Yes, the launch was a little shaky at 3am, and yes, that should have been fixed. But now that the game is running smoothly, it is every bit as enjoyable as the older entries in the series. A delightful dungeon crawl.
  15. May 16, 2012
    Launch is still messy but great game overall. superior to any action RPG i have played to date. Would def recommend to all my friends who own a pc.
  16. May 22, 2012
    It's a great game. Don't let the whiners fool you. They are reviewing Blizzard instead of Diablo III. The game doesn't feel as atmospheric as Diablo II did, but it certainly hit the gameplay mark just fine. The story is on the weak side, the dialogue even weaker at times, but the inclusion of lore from previous games and active narration that doesn't make you quit playing is a nice touch. I do wish that the lore entries on enemies were narrated by your chosen character class rather than two characters who never spoke to you about them before (Cain and Abn al-Hazir), but it isn't game breaking. As for gameplay, I want to express that I after almost 17 hours of play I have not been bored one second. I have only just reached Act III, and being one who has to explore every nook and cranny of the map I feel qualified to say that even on the too-easy starting difficulty I've had a lot of fun and great moments. There is nothing like being surrounded by enemies, pulling them in with Ground Stomp, and slaying 41 enemies in one blow with Revenge. I like the graphics and, unlike some, feel that photorealism does not serve the gameplay experience in overhead games. Our point of view is already removed from reality. If it were first person like, say, Skyrim, then we have a reason for photorealism. But here, we do not. The characters do not look cartoonish to me as some have complained. The hand-painted environments, however, should have looked a bit less hand-painted.

I have only played extensively with the Barbarian class thus far, and I love it. The skill sets feel awkward to pull off given the action bar/mouse button combo, but the abilities themselves make for truly awesome moments of epic destruction. Using Ground Stomp with a Wrenching Smash rune in conjunction with a Mountain's Call-runed Earthquake ability leads to almost instant kills of large numbers of mobs. Combine that with Whirlwind when facing more powerful monsters and you've got some serious win. Not particularly necessary on Normal difficulty, but I am quite fond of the tactic so sue me.

The music is okay. I enjoy the gothic tones of the previous games which helped create a sense of loneliness. I've yet to hear the famous Tristram theme, one of my all time favorite pieces, and it's strange absence takes away from the game.

Overall, though, despite the shortcomings, the game has yet to fail me. I love hack and slash, I love that there is a story present, and that we are getting some loose story ends tied up here in this semi-finale for the series' legendary arc. Again, don't let the whiners fool you. It's a game, and it entertains immensely.
  17. May 15, 2012
    This is review is only to off set all of the 0-2 if you gave Diablo 3 that score you seem to be pissed off about one of three things. 1. DRM- I know its annoying and I can understand that but is that really the only reason a game deserves a bad score? 2. I Can't Log In- Like everybody else has said 2 million people enough said. 3. It is not the same as Diablo 2- This game is not Diablo 2 that is why its called Diablo 3 not Diablo 2.2 Expand
  18. May 15, 2012
    The reviews: I'll point out two things. 1) Many of the 0's are the same talking points in the same order. 2) A third of the 0's complain that D3 is the same as D2, while another third complain that D3 is nothing at all like D2.
    The game: immersive, well-designed hack-n-slash. The skill system is now a "loadout" like Bastion: all are available but you have to pick the set you're playing
    with for now. Every skill as 6 variants so there are limitless builds to every character. Different builds play well for single target vs. groups, survival vs. glass cannon, or single player vs. co-op -- not to mention your own playstyle! Do you like to jump around or kill as things come to you? Do you prefer the challenge of starting weaker but building up big buffs over time, or consistent DPS with giant nukes on cooldown? Hardcore mode is there for folks who don't like the casual experience of resurrecting at checkpoints. Expand
  19. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has done it again! As much of a succes as Starcraft II.
    Nice job Blizzard, you again have succeeded in making a game that has a superb production quality.
    It's incredible that one has to pay the same amount of money for a game like this, than for a game like Duke Nukem
  20. May 23, 2012
    First, all these people that think games are either 0's or 10's need to realize you are not helping the industry...not one bit. You want to keep seeing games get made? Give an honest assessment and leave the black or white mentality at home. All or nothing is out.

This is a very well made game. It is responsive, looks good, plays well together, and mostly intelligent AI. The game is
    just fun to play. It mixes things up just enough to make you want to play again. Just for being a fun title it gets good marks as that is the primary focus of a game....being fun.

The graphics are well made as well. They are high enough to look good for the perspective you are playing as well as keeping the game available to a variety of machines. PC gamers claim that they have better graphics capability and this is true. The problem is the disparity in systems. An Xbox is an Xbox. There are very few differences except in hard drive space. They are made (some with different hardware) to play at a specified efficiency and so the developer can target that making the game as efficient as possible. PCs are a different bag and you have to tone things down to get a larger market share. It's just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future.

This is a game that has it all. There are a few annoyances like the music, while well done, is not really something that gets your blood pumping to fight demons when a huge battle is going on. The graphics are fine. The fun is high. The controls are responsive and well done. The skill tree is fine as well. Keep giving those 0s for no reason. It's like stabbing your friend in the chest for giving you something enjoyable. See if you get something again.
  21. May 15, 2012
    This game is probably the best ever. It's basically like minecraft, but you don't have to interact with blocks, you just click mobs and they drop items. View is top down instead of first person also. And you don't really have to click mobs to drop items, because you can buy all items in online shop for real money.

The game has its share of weak points, like being short, repeating,
    graphics being kinda obsolette - NEVERMIND THIS, it's Blizzard game, so it's the best ever. 10/10 Expand
  22. JBZ
    May 15, 2012
    No review mad this early in the game's release is going to be reasonable or fair, so here's my anecdotal review to offset all the ridiculous negative ones. Logged in right at release, had no lag or problems whatsoever, and what I got to in the game was amazing. Definitely worth the wait.
  23. May 15, 2012
    Game's fun as **** Played through Act 1 with 2 friends, taking it kinda slow it took us about 3 hours, but people have work so we'll be starting up again later this evening - can't wait to get back into it!
  24. May 15, 2012
    Been able to play fine since I sat down a few hours ago. The game play is really smooth and rewarding. The graphics are great and the sound is awesome.
  25. May 15, 2012
    I just beat the game in about 12 hours. Going relative speed.
    THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT NORMAL MODE, NOT HARDER DIFFICULTY!
    I played Monk, loved it! The normal mode is very easy once you get the hang of it. Had some troubles with some parts and died a few times. Going to kep this as biased as possible.
    Storywise, I found the game extremely pleasing. Very dark, unforgiving story that ends in a
    very pleasing manner. Some voice acting is a bit off aswell as some bosses spamming the same line 3-4 times during a fight.
    Gameplaywise I think it was very well done, took some time getting used to, keybinds have to be changed from blizzard defaults though.
    Bosses were fun, not very hard at normal difficulty, but fun. Having to actually think about it and dodge things and use different skills. Also I found that if I thought in advance of what skills to take into certain bosses I had more fun with it, changing specs every now and again. Kept things feeling really new.
    I didn't really feel that changing skills in the middle of combat was possible :D Maybe it's just me, or then it's intended that way, didn't see it as a big issue though. Might have been overpowered that way.
    Monk as a class is extremely versatile, you can be a tankish, healer supportish or damage... Heck! Even all of the above! So playing solo will be no problem, as well as being a huge addition to any team.
    I don't know how the content scales at higher levels since I played through it solo and only did groups with friends when servers were down from lvls 1-15, seemed to scale well enough though.
    One major problem with this game in my opinion is that it seems a bit too casual friendly in the way that dieing is no big deal. A lot of checkpoints and only getting -10% durability to items is absolutely nothing. Also I don't seem to have anything to use my money on, other that leveling smithing (which you do with nothing but money). It didn't feel very rewarding pressing a button that said PRESS HERE TO LEVEL SMITHING (7000 gold) to learn a few new items.
    TL;DR Awesome game, very minor flaws. Storyline good, Gameplay good. Voice acting was meh at some parts but mostly good too.
  26. Apr 9, 2013
    I have to update my review. Months after release and playing more than 200 hours as well as trying out the other Action RPG competitors, I am glad the direction that Diablo went in. Compared to the previous installment, they did streamline the game to not feel so "nuts and bolts." There are some things that this allows and prohibits. The one major downfall is that every character levels up the same. This limits the dynamics of the characters. Once you have a Barbarian or Demon Hunter already created, creating another is superfluous. However, it allows for a focus on skills and skill selection. Also, there are options to test different builds to one you like. Attributes are automatically distributed when you level, so the game becomes a little more results based.

The drop rates are way better than months ago and Inferno difficulty is manageable than there were even 6 months ago.

Multiplayer can be fun and as time went on, there are more options for those that don't participate. Patch 1.08 will enhance the benefits of multiplayer more.

The RMAH was a bad idea and is now recognized as a bad idea by Blizzard. The auction house can be nice sometimes to open up different options. There is a sense of community that I don't see with the competitors with the online DRM, auction house, multiplayer etc. that I like, but most find these to be the greatest detriments to the game or the areas that need the most improvement.

Unlike many games, this game is continually updated and revised. I've put countless hours into this game. It is a wonderful value since it requires no additional costs.
  27. May 15, 2012
    Played beta enjoyed the hell out of it, the full game is fantastic.
    I don't understand how people can post scores of 0/10 because they have had errors.
    The graphics, sound and physics/animation are all fantastic.The difficulty is definitely there once you're above level 15 and playing in hardcore mode.
  28. May 15, 2012
    Pretty solid game. Aside from the obvious release day server problems that apparently tons of people had no idea were inevitable because they've never played an online game before, everything is top notch. The game is fast paced and fun. Anyone who has played Diablo 2 would know that the bulk of the game starts on the hardest difficulty. Don't be put off by people crying about Koreans beating the easiest difficulty in 2 hours. As far as I can tell no one has beaten inferno yet Expand
  29. Psm
    May 15, 2012
    This game is amazing! I haven't gotten too far past where the beta ends so this isn't a full review, but what I've experienced deserves a 10. If something comes up that I don't like, I'll fix my score.
  30. May 15, 2012
    Overall solid game, lot of day 1 issues however but this is usually the case with Blizzard releases. Combat is good from what I've seen, feels meaty and very enjoyable. Game particularly shines while playing online, games are easy to find and what I have seen so far of the community is good.

Always online DRM though is the major issue, single player game lag just shouldn't happen. I am
    aware it's done to stop item cheats since "items = real money" but it's still annoying as all hell. This will pass as launch hype fades but I am not a fan of always online single player, it's a joke. Expand
  31. May 15, 2012
    The game is perfect. All the flaws the first 2 diablo games had are now gone! Yes it might have become a little for casual but it still is to the hardcore players. All those 0 are just from all the ragers that judge a game by its connection on the first day of launch! If they have never played a game, almost all games have connection problems on day one. Now the servers are fine, so go,play and then rate! Expand
  32. May 24, 2012
    Exactly what I wanted out of a Diablo game. Loot. Monsters. Lots of them. The graphics are gorgeous - the whole game has a sort of painterly feel to it - as if I'm part of a dark gothic themed painting by an fantasy artist. The mechanics of the game work well, finally, it doesn't expect me to reroll my character if I misclick - and lets be honest, there was no customisation in 1 to 2 builds per class. D3 encourages experimentation, and in general - fun. The new random "Events" are a great deal of fun, and I'm hoping Blizzard will add more in future patches or expansions - and I do hope there will be a lot of them, in the time come come. This game is what I wanted out of Diablo 3 - An evolution of the series, a modern take on what made Diablo 2 great - Not a carbon copy of D2. If you want D2 all over again, this is not for you - If, however you want Diablo *3*, this is your game. Because it is truly worthy of that title. An evolution, just like D2 was compared to D1. Rock on, Blizzard. Expand
  33. May 16, 2012
    Despite an initial hiccup with the login/game servers and a few bugs here and there, Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to the series. The graphics are better than on-par for 2012, the skills are creative, the classes astounding, and the storyline entertaining.
  34. May 17, 2012
    Latency issues and login errors almost stopped after 30 minutes of the release, and all servers are stable right now, stop trolling guys, no one in the right mind checks MC user reviews due to guys like you, the game definitely doesn't deserve 0 just because you couldn't log in for 15 minutes
  35. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 12 years... Blizzard... seriously? Thats all what you done for 12 years? Starcraft 2 - just starcraft 1 with 3D.
    Diablo 3 - diablo 2 with 3D and without RPG, just grinding.
    10 hours for first difficult, and thats your 12 years of development?
    Score of game is 6.5/10. But its for 1year project. OH GOD SO MUCH ANGRY INSIDE.
  36. May 15, 2012
    This is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune system from 2. The graphics engine is dated and inefficient, I wish they had put little more time into exploiting the high end hardware and maybe even DX11 support. I you Like DIablo 2 and Torchlight, you will love this. Expand
  37. May 21, 2012
    Great game. I was really worried about Blizz efforts to make this game stand out and improve upon the predecessor. But they didn't fail. Suprisingly the new environmental mechanics proved to be extremely fun. Classes are varied and interesting. Story is detailed and captivating. I think I would still prefer talent trees to this strange skill slot sytem, but it is not that big of a deal. One thing I don't like is that I can't play singleplayer due to online server maintanance. But I guess this is the price of living in our times. Generally - really cool game, Blizzard delivered once again, I would recommend this to any hack'n'slash and rpg fun. Expand
  38. May 20, 2012
    This game is amazingly fun. It's too bad that so many people gave it bad reviews simply because of connection issues. Just listen to the critics on this one.
  39. May 15, 2012
    Truly awesome game! Spent most of the morning playing. The game is not super difficult at first, but as soon as you get into hardcore it gets a lot tougher. I am also eagerly awaiting PVP!
  40. May 15, 2012
    This game is plenty fun once you get in, It's engaging, the combat is great, at least as a monk, and the story keeps you intrigued. To all the people who are complaining about not being able to play: Come on, seriously? This isn't the first time this has happened, and it's not the last. You know better than to give a game a negative score just because of the launch day rush. If you're using the beta as a standpoint, not everyone got in. Not everyone had time to do it. Some people would prefer to not play the beta at all just so they didn't spoil the game itself. The game itself isn't any less fun because you can't play it at that exact moment. I know how frustrating it is not being able to play, but seriously. Stop acting like kids about this, you've all been through several releases on the PC - How many didn't have this sort of problem? Expand
  41. May 15, 2012
    I played the closed beta for months before the game. At least a 100 hours worth of play time. Let me tell you the game is excellent as far as content goes. User interface is great though I did not like it at first. This is an improvement from D2 which I also still play. DRM issues are basically a pointless argument. While I understand people want to play it offline, the fact is the description of system requirements clearly states internet connection required. If you didn't read it quit blaming Blizzard or anyone else for your mistake. There was such a problem in D2 with hacks and dupes and people selling ingame content for money that Blizz instituted a MUCH needed DRM requirement and no single player ability in efforts to reduce hacking and duping. Server side issues will be adressed in terms of connection. Actually they already were somewhat at 10am this morning on day one of play. That is a company that supports its products fixing an unforseen condition within 10 hours of game launch here in the USA. Great game Blizzard. Expand
  42. May 15, 2012
    I know the connection issues and "37 error" are sucks. But Blizzard is working on it too now. Let's just give them some times. The Game is really good and satisfying though.

Just waiting for 1 or 2 days to play this amazing game will worth it.
  43. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game, very fun gameplay, beautiful graphics and much more. The only downside is the login errors, but they are only temporary since the game just launched, something many people here fail to understand.
  44. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 has fallen victim of his own success with the server not being able to handle the enormous amount of players trying to play on release day. The game in itself is the best Hack n' slash dungeon crawler ever made bar none, it's a huge improvement over D2. While the graphics are not super top notch, the particle effects and amount of monsters on screen makes up for it. The replayability for this game is astonishing, with 5 classes to play up to level 60 and 4 difficulty to unlock for each of them. And you also have the hardcore mode for even more longevity and challenges. All the maps, encounters, items, etc... are generated randomly every time you start the game no matter where you are makes this game really fun because you never know what to expect from it. I despise all the reviews in here because they are mostly form idiot who thought they were playing a new MMO and have no clue what D1 or D2 games are. Expand
  45. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that has server queues like an MMO isn't brilliant, but it's not that bad either. Loving every minute of it. Love the hatorz as well. Wonder why they bought it? (Wonder IF they bought it more like lol) Expand
  46. May 16, 2012
    I'd realistically rate it somewhere between an 8 or 9... I've played about three hours so far and it's very fun. Only got one error 37... Recommended.
  47. May 15, 2012
    Moving aside the typical blizzard launch crap in which you can never log on during the first day I was lucky to get in 2 hours after launch and so did 3 of my other friends. So off we went in a 4 man party and played the game for 12 hours straight with no issues. This hands down is the best gaming experience I've ever had. I mean the game play was perfect, the cut screen were spot on and after completing the game I was happy to crack on for more at a higher difficulty. Of course the blizzard servers craped out again today (15th), but once things settle down I'm sure everyone will enjoy this game. p.s As as open note to blizzard, sometimes we as gamers get the feeling that you really don't care about launch days as from my experience since wow 1 through to SC2 and DB3 you have never had enough servers or whatever you need to actually cope with the massive number that your games ALWAYS generate. I mean this can't be a surprise to you so for christ sake, fix it so we can actually play the game that we paid for and not sit watching title screens for hours. Best video game company in the world should have the best service in the world. Expand
  48. May 15, 2012
    Amazing! Superb, Fantastic! Wow this game is so perfect! i wish i could play it all morning but i gotta go to school :( I dont know how people arent liking it by now, maybe "connection error" at much? happy killling :)
  49. May 15, 2012
    A phenomenal game. A warning of caution however, it does require access to internet to play, which is probably the only downfall of this superb game. With the addition of a Real Money Auction House, coming next week it'll make it easier for those who want to see some real dollars for their in-game work. Thanks to the tighter control over who's connecting to Battle.net (admittedly a double-edged sword) there will be far less gold farmers ruining the in-game economy. Do yourself a favour and check it out. If you're a fan of the first 2 Diablo games, then definitely check it out. The campaign is over 20 hours of game play for a single play-through and of course, any fan of Diablo knows it doesn't end there. Expand
  50. May 15, 2012
    It's diablo 3 not diablo 2-2, you can't expect just a refreshed diablo 2. It's a new game, give it a chance and don't review based on battlenet, review on the game.
  51. May 15, 2012
    Awsome game! Launch has been a little rough but when I got into the game (about 2 hours later) and started playing I simply counldn't put it down. Might not deserve a 10 but someone needs to weigh up against all these butthurt nerds.
  52. May 15, 2012
    Once you manage to log on (the servers are overloaded from demand!) you get to a wonderful co-op adventure with friends that has fantastic story telling as you explore this world in peril. You can make a few different characters but the story is almost exactly the same, just different voice overs/perspective of events. The zones move about a bit each time you play them which is really cool you usually find something new or interesting each time (so far) Expand
  53. May 19, 2012
    Alright, so Blizzard is really dedicated to fixing the latency issue, as the server is functioning greatly now. I changed my rating from 2 to 9. The game itself is great, I think I don't need to explain much because others have nailed it perfectly. I'm absolutely satisfied with this game.
  54. May 18, 2012
    Great game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complain about stuff like that have never really had real issues in their life. Expand
  55. May 16, 2012
    This game spooked me like no game since the first Diablo has. The story is epic, the narrative well-integrated with gameplay, which is cutting edge for the genre. I know I'll be playing it for months to come.
  56. May 15, 2012
    As an avid D1/D2 player from release, this game is a worthy sequel. I have no clue what is persuading so many people to have such a raging tantrum. It's ridiculous.
  57. May 17, 2012
    Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True, you can't entirely **** UP your character while learning (which honestly was one of the appeals of Diablo 2) but they are only saving you trial and error time. Haters will hate on this review because it's trendy. Haters did hate on this review. Haters gonna hate on this review. Expand
  58. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  59. May 15, 2012
    Great game, got CE, one of the best games of all time, worthy sequel to Diablo 3. Logged 8 hours of gametime so far and it is amazing. Played the female monk through and really love how unique her combat is.
  60. May 15, 2012
    Okay yeah guys I'm pissed about the delay too but in defense of blizzard you can't expect servers not to crash when there are millions of people logging in all at the same time, Disney for example has billions upon billions of dollars yet you have to wait in line just like everyone else. Most of us have waited long all ready I didnt think a few hours extra would hurt but hey, when the servers went live I've never been so excited! Expand
  61. May 15, 2012
    Jogo simplesmente fenomenal, vale cada centavo!!!! O jogo consegui manter seu tom sombrio junto com cores vibrantes, jogabilidade excelente, digno de um jogo da Blizzard.
  62. May 15, 2012
    Oh Wow, lots of drm hating going on here! hard to pirate blizzard games, eh? game works like it should, gameplay rocks, settings are beautiful! People don´t seem to realise that Blizzard servers deliver your loot now on, so item duplicators and cheaters could be controlled. those people almost destroyed diablo 1 and 2. buy the game, its worth it, if you´re in a good hack and shash.

recommended
  63. May 15, 2012
    Great game, the attention to detail is amazing. Love the new skill customisation. One of the best games I've played in a while. The lore from previous games is expanded and lots of answers are finally revelled. The voice acting is good enough, sometimes a little bit cheesy. The cinematics are awesome. 10 out of 10.
  64. May 15, 2012
    Tons of fun, a couple hiccups at launch but a really enjoyable game. I cant wait to bang my head against the wall in inferno. The changes in the skill system are good, saving up points was not a fun mechanic.
  65. May 15, 2012
    Exelent game, but kids should learn how to wait for something, how to fix their crap PCs to avoid errors, and how to calm the **** down when Blizz having a maintenance.
  66. May 15, 2012
    If this is not your first blizzard game, you should have known better. I have never seen a single smooth Blizzard launch. People are giving this game 0 scores while they haven't even played it, they are just raging and spoiled 12 year olds who can't play their game after their day of school, or people acting like them. I have currently played 4-5 hours into the story, and I really enjoyed myself, that is what I base my score on. Expand
  67. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game! Sure, the wait was brutal, but once I got on, I was blown away! Anyone saying that they've beat it in 4-6 hours is trolling you. Same thing goes for people saying it's too easy. They have no concept of the Hell, Nightmare, and Inferno difficulties. Sure, the game is easy when it's on easy mode. My only regret is that I had to work today (it was also a tad too expensive for my taste).
  68. May 19, 2012
    Well, to all the people whining about lack of offline play, I really think it is retarded to give a game the lowest possible score for one or two issues. My internet connection is stellar, and I don't mind being online.

As for the lack of skill points, people need to quit looking at Diablo 2 with nostalgia glasses. The new way is so much better, and emphasizes the things that make Diablo
    Diablo.

The in-depth rune system is amazing, the graphics are excellent, and the gameplay is top-notch. This is the Diablo game I've been waiting for.

People are fickle. I have no respect for the retarded.

11 out of 10.
  69. May 16, 2012
    This game is wonderful. Sure there are a few launch issues but I got that good-old Diablo nostalgic hack and slash feeling that I wanted from this. Love it. I find all the "0" reviews here absolutely ridiculous. You knew what you were buying before you ever bought it. You knew you need an internet connection to play. You knew that there may be server issues (very common with new games). You knew that, and yet you STILL bought it, and played it.

Quite a few of the things being complained about can always be added later or remedied by Blizzard, because of the fact that they have set up most of the game to be server-side. They could easily add more PVP areas, new monsters & bosses, new weapons, all of that. You don't need to pay monthly to play the game at all, which is cool considering they could have very well decided to charge for it. If you don't like the game, or God forbid, if you could program something BETTER, by all means please do so. Until such time, shut up and GTFO.
  70. May 16, 2012
    Great game. There were a few server errors on opening day, but those seem to be worked out now. Will definitely be playing this game for a while. Love the new classes and dungeons that change each time.
  71. May 22, 2012
    The game starts off slow, however once you make your way into nightmare and hell.... the game becomes GREAT. The higher difficulties are challenging and without the gear, you will possibly have trouble soloing parts of the game without hoarding the elites away! The game is perfect for anyone who would come back to diablo 2 every once in a while, just to enjoy its gameplay. MAIN FEATURE is that it is exactly like diablo 2, the game feels the same and also has alot of improvements! +10 Expand
  72. May 18, 2012
    Incredibly fun, addictive installment to the Diablo series that revamped where necessary and stayed true to roots where it was most important. The 3K bad reviews on here tell you one thing, the other million or so players are in the world of Sanctuary having fun and enjoying the skillfully crafted, well thought out sequel. When people like something there is usually no reason to explain why you like it. However, on the other hand you have a very small subset of people who feel the need to make their woes known and it is typically on the extremist side of the spectrum. Also If the review mentions anything about launch day it should be thrown out immediately as it is not a review of the game and should not reflect so here. The game is incredibly fine tuned, polished, and you can tell that the entire world including the game play, the visual detail, and the score were crafted with love. I don't see DRM as an issue either. DRM will help to prevent the nonsense that accompanies any offline single player game...hacks/exploits/duping all things that ruin a game. The ONLY con I would have is that I wanted to Act 1 Boss to be free roaming rather than a scripted in game video, but that may be too much want for nostalgia. Overall I couldn't be happier with Diablo 3, great job Blizzard team, and to you 3K who don't like the game, don't play...your numbers account for nothing in comparison to those that do like it. Expand
  73. May 25, 2012
    How many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just ask yourself this, who isn't exaggerating when they review this? The haters? Or the supporters? There is no way, even with all the complaints some of these people have that it's a 0, 1, or a 2. That's just simply unrealistic. I scored it out to an 8.4 But I'm gonna give it a 9, just so I can get more dislikes on this post. Haters gonna hate. Expand
  74. May 17, 2012
    That's a great game, and all you haters aren't gonna change it. Flaws with connection to servers at start are fact, but now they are gone, and all it's left is old, good Diablo.
  75. May 16, 2012
    This game has surpassed my expectations. It is gorgeous, sounds great, is ridiculously fun, and infinitely replayable. It is a much better multiplayer experience than D2. I don't know have anything to complain about except how it's going to monopolize all of my limited free time. Server overloads aside, it's been a flawless experience.
  76. May 15, 2012
    Beware of TL2 and hater Trolls that try to make D3 less than what it is, a great game!!!

D3 surpasses D1 and D2 in nearly every way with nostalgia blinding many fans.The rest of the negative trolls are pissed off because the D3 servers are down due to insane demand and bug fixes on day 1!!! Gamers are laughs!
  77. May 15, 2012
    I felt the need to write this because of how many trolls and haters there are. They're being completely unreasonable and just want to vent on the internets. I have played up to what I think is almost the end of Act 2 and I'm absolutely loving this game. The combat is so satisfying, the story is engaging, the graphics are great (I'm a graphics whore). The graphics aren't perhaps the absolute best they could be, but I don't even care because it has an awesome style that almost looks like it's been hand painted. The art style of the game is great. The GUI, like all Blizzard games, is fantastic. There were server issues at first. It took me 1.5 hours just to be able to log on. That was frustrating, but now that it's working, the game is amazing. Can't wait to try co-op, PvP and the Real-money auction house. Don't listen to the idiots giving this 0 or 1, the game is amazing. Expand
  78. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely stunning (after you manage to log in, that is, but the server issues will pass soon, and the game will stay). Beautiful sceneries, classes are pretty fun to play. I don't think there's anything that didn't improve over Diablo 2. Definitely worth the money.
  79. May 15, 2012
    People shouldn't rate the game of how the server crashe, rate it as how it played. For me, I rate it a 10 because it is doesn't try to present something too new, not trying to depart what was in D2, but rather bring nostalgia to the Diablo fanbase.
  80. May 16, 2012
    So far I am not disappointed one bit by this game. They were able to keep the feeling of the original game yet improve on the mechanics that made the first two in the series so popular. While others may feel betrayed by the more streamlined character creation it opens up players to more customization in the end with the ease to test out new builds where in previous games you'd have to put 30 hours into the game just to see if a build works or not. The story (thus far) holds strong and leaves me wanting to continue. It draws the player in and creates a lust to find out what happens next with characters that are interesting and enjoyable. The game on the beginning difficulty is easy however seeing playthroughs on higher difficulties I am not deluted to think that the game will remain easy for long. All in all this is a must play for action rpg fans. Blizzard once again has created a well polished jewel. Expand
  81. May 15, 2012
    Great game, the story is truly compelling and it keeps you feeling like you are enjoying great book that you just can not put down. I am only through the first difficulty level however the combat system is incredibly satisfying even having only experienced about 1/2 of it. Great game well worth the money with great replay value.
  82. May 15, 2012
    Seriously? Stop trolling the reviews. Diablo 3 is a very solid game with great gameplay, great graphics, great sound, etc. Yes, there is an issue with the login servers. It should be fixed soon. By tomorrow or the day after, will you even remember the issues? As soon as they fix the issue (aka as soon as they don't have 2 million people logging on at once), you'll be fine. Until then, just find something else to do. Expand
  83. May 15, 2012
    Excellent game. Though a still don't have it, I've played the beta and left very satisfied from the experience. I have warning for you, don't read the reviews with rating 0 the people here are ether trolls or very confused newcomers to the universe of Diablo. People are complaining that it's doesn't have a offline mode, but I think that Blizzard made a very wise choice making it the way it is now. Why? Because for obvious reasons. We all know how fast the game will be pirated and put to shame (not so much really). The games has awesome graphics, Blizzard games doesn't aim for quality, but rather machines that doesn't have the latest hardware components and the people that can't afford them. People must not forget that today is the launch day and it is expected to have errors and server problems. because of the quantity of people that want to play this great game. I give the it a rating of 10, because I am a huge fan of the Diablo franchise and no matter what it will this day forever. Expand
  84. May 15, 2012
    This game doesn't deserves a 3.7, I would say a 7.5/10, people just love to hate everything for no reason, I like how 60% of the people giving a bad review have not even played the game and are just spamming 0's because they can't afford to buy the game or some stupid reason.
  85. May 15, 2012
    Fantastic, nothing short of incredible design and development. There are the many aspects of the game that improve on mechanics from the previous title Diablo 2:LOD
  86. May 15, 2012
    diablo 3 has been a game that's been one of the very closest things to my heart,its made me feel great,infuriated,and its made me laugh,if this game didn't exist, i'm not exaggeratng when i say i would have commit suicide,its what has kept my heart beating, its what gave me heart and soul,the beutiful art, the insanely amazing story,the adventure,and how you bond with your friends and other characters. it just gives me sadness, anger, and happines.thank you blizzard,for your magnificent masterpiece. Expand
  87. May 15, 2012
    Game of the decade by far. Everything about this game is perfect. Blizzard level of polish. Don't let all the Torchlight 2 fanboys who think 1 hour of being unable to login on launch (this is the most preorded game of all-time by the way) is a disaster. Game plays perfectly smooth now.
  88. May 15, 2012
    This catastrophic pile of **** made me rage so hard that I killed my roomate. I'm serious, he's dead. This game is called Diablo because it was made in hell, where Lucifer and Hitler collaborated on this **** of sadness and unbridled **** They're literally laughing at me while torturing innocent souls. What in the absolute **** I think blizzard hates me. They took my money and now they're all driving away in their flying Yachts laughing so hard that their dicks have now inverted. They have inverted dicks. Seriously. I can't even duel my friends in game. Are you ****ing kidding me? Some **** ass noob will think he's on MY level, because I can't put him in his place. Do you even care about my feelings, Jeff Blizzard?! DO YOU?! I was in act 1 and some **** hacker just spawned 13 diablos and teabagged my corpse until I had to remake my character. SEriously, it's THAT broken. I also accidentally rolled a female character. This level of blasphemy left me gasping for air. I almost died. It was ****ed. This game is ****ed, I hate it. Monks don't even use their weapons. **** it all. The greeks invented anal. Expand
  89. May 15, 2012
    Really fun game. Ignore the troll reviews, this is a great addition to Diablo franchise. Some of the best game play and story telling I have ever seen in a game!
  90. May 16, 2012
    Great Game, well done Blizzard. Blizzard did an excellent job providing a new story in the Diablo world. Tons of easter eggs, battle is challanging with much better bosses than the diablo 2 game. You dont need to have played the previous games to enjoy Diablo 3 but at the same time there are lots of easter eggs regarding the past story line. I played the Witch Doctor for about 5 hours and only put it down due to server issues which will soon be resolved. I have been waiting a long time for this game and was not disapointed. I also found that the character customization is much simpler with the option to skill your character based on the mission at hand( changeable). Not sure why so many are ragging on this game i found it to be amazing in every aspect but the server issues which are to be expected with such a large online release. I also like that the achievements are account based rather than character based. With a random map generator it makes it possible to get them all without having to play the same character over and over. Expand
  91. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3. A classic case of anticipation meets nerd rage. You paint this beautiful picture in your head of what this game should be, and when it isn't the crimson canvas of your own twisted mind, the game is a failure to you. Congratulations, you are now that nerd who sees a movie and claims, "The book was so much better". Q: Is the game perfect? A: No
    Q: Did the launch have issues? A:
    Can't respond at this time (Error 37)
    Q: Am I enjoying it? A: Hell yes

The critics who are complaining about the inability to play the game, need to take a second to think about their constant cries for attention. Diablo 3 was this supposed masterpiece that millions couldn't wait to enjoy. We all sat down at our computers, ordered an appetizer of caffeinated drinks with a side dish of an all nighter, and waited for the main course to arrive. However, we were left wondering if the kitchen ever got our order. But who's to blame?

Certainly it isn't the cook's fault that they couldn't get us our order. It was the middleman who needs to take the blame. The waiter screwed up. Plain and simple. We can make sure to fill out our restaurant card with a 1 star for service. Then, we're left with the food section of the card (which we never got to taste). How can we rate that if we didn't taste it? You can't. So stop trolling.

When one actually plays the game, they will find much of what they're looking for in a Diablo 2 sequel. Hack and slash gameplay- Check
    Tons of Loot- Check
    Addicting gameplay- Check

They will also find things they weren't expecting (Killer cut scenes, dynamic gameplay, etc.)

The fact remains that you're left with an outstanding game, with hours and hours of slot machine looting, demon killing, and rare but needed bathroom breaks. So grab a couple of beers this weekend, and do what any great game will allow you to do. Have fun.
  92. May 24, 2012
    So far I'm around 3/4's of the way through Act II, and I'm loving the game so far. I don't understand why people are whinging so much if I'm honest. I'll agree, I hate the 'Always Online' bullcrap, but if its stops the pathetic world of duping/hacking the best gear in the game, I'm all for it.

For those of you complaining about how 'colourful' the world is, get over yourselves. There are
    far too many games nowadays who use a colour palette of grey and brown, its nice to see a developer injecting some colour into the world. [Make a comparison to the art/graphic style of Warcraft and I will smack you up the side of the head. Completely different development team, morons]

All in all, the game delivers what D2 had and more. I'm sorry if you stat/skill monkeys are upset, but at least now you don't have to google ULTIMATE CHARACTER STAT/SKILL SETUP and can actually make the sort of character you actually want to play, not a defined role for the best most possible damage output.
  93. May 24, 2012
    This game follows in the footsteps of Diablo 2 and does not disappoint. The story isn't amazing, but this is a great hack and slash, dungeon crawl game. The difficulty allows newer players to easily get the feel of the game, while the new skill system allows you to design your character to what fits your play-style. The graphics could have been a bit better in game, but most of the cutscenes look amazing. Expand
  94. May 18, 2012
    Is the perfect game. No other near in the Action/RPG. If you want a great PC game, Diablo III is de PC GOTY. A lot of people put 0 to this game. Those people is subjective.
  95. May 24, 2012
    This game is awesome, i played a monk until lvl 43 then started a barbarian and got addicted to the game once again, and im for shure gonna lvl my barb to 60 and pass inferno with him.This game would be a masterpiece if not for the online, but its still a really really good game.
  96. May 17, 2012
    This is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, in this modern day, a sequel is no more than an expansion with a high-res texture pack in the guise of a sequel. Since it seems the industry is committed to this formula, here is Diablo III, doing the same things it predecessors did but with a few more features and more glitz. In this sense, it is perfect. However, there was a time where this game would have had to be much more than it is. Expand
  97. May 15, 2012
    Most of the bad reviews seem to be because you can't cheat through this game or pirate it. Boohoo! Game is great, even with my bad internet connection. Gets a little laggy at times and at first I was a bit disappointed at the required internet connection, but if it stops cheating and pirating of the game I really couldn't care less. Cash auction house is great addition, EQ2 did it for a few years, and people are going to sell their stuff for real money illegally anyways, so this is an outstanding fix. Quit crying because you can't cheat! Expand
  98. May 18, 2012
    I find it very unfortunate that people are using Metacritic as a forum to voice their displeasure over the game's launch day server issues. Shame on you people. Go post on Blizzard's forums or email them and tell them how PO'd you are. This is not the place, we're supposed to be reviewing THE GAME here, not its servers issues (which lasted less than 2 days). The fact of the matter is Diablo 3 is an extremely fun, highly polished game that's oozing with quality in all aspects of it's design. Expand
  99. May 29, 2012
    Pretty fun game. I've had some problems with the AH, but they fixed it (for now...). If anyone gets bored with the game, make a hardcore character, it's MUCH funner.
  100. May 18, 2012
    I've waited for this game for a while, and I really like it. Graphics are great and the story is pretty "meh", thought that doesn't really matter because it's all about the click-click-click anyway. Also, thanks to Blizzard for making their games so damn scalable. By that, I mean it works on my 5 year old iMac, smooth as hell. Great!

And so what about the DRM. Everyone has the internet
    these days, so it's not really a pain in the ass. Remember playing Diablo 2 and getting killed by hackers all the time? Well, that won't happen as easily now that all of our characters and items are stored on the Blizzard servers. Get over it, I say. If you're into it, it's a good game. Play it and have fun. Expand
  101. Dec 28, 2012
    I personally enjoyed this a lot for the time I played it. It's not as addictive and re-playable as Diablo 2, and it doesn't offer the variety of environments and loot to be found in it's biggest competitor Torchlight 2, but it's still very well done. Most of the complaints I hear are either technical issues that have been resolved or players disagreeing with specific new mechanics. The worst of them is the introduction of the Auction House that makes it too easy to get much better loot by cash or gold purchase instead of earning it through gameplay like it was in D2 and like it is in Torchlight 2. The difficulty has clearly been tweaked around the idea that the game has to be challenging for people who will buy the best gear right at the beginning of Inferno, and that crippled the game's playability for those wanting to do it the old fashioned way. I think any ARPG fan will have fun up to Inferno difficulty regardless. It's just up to you if it's worth tolerating the problems after that point, but you've already played through the story multiple times to get that far. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012