3.9

1. May 17, 2012
    The people who have rated this a 0 without ACTUALLY playing the game should be banned from writing a review. Not only that they should sell the game immediately and not even have the opportunity to play. If you want a unbiased and fair review, this is NOT the place to look for it.
  2. May 17, 2012
    Did everyone really forget what diablo was all about ?

I read some of the reviews and sadly I see that people were expecting skyrim with the story of diablo ! that is just not diablo !!! Diablo 3 is simply a better looking version of diablo 2 with different character classes an loots. Ok some of the systems are very different but they are not bad ! (ps. the fact that you can change the
    Did everyone really forget what diablo was all about ?

Diablo 3 is simply a better looking version of diablo 2 with different character classes an loots. Ok some of the systems are very different but they are not bad ! (ps. the fact that you can change the skills of the your character does not mean less customisation ! eg some skills are not for me and I will never use them wile a lot of people will think the other way around.),
    Music of the game is awsome,
    The graphics are not cutting edge but the game looks beatiful.
    cutting through packs of enemys is still soooo much satisfying.
    there is 10s of skils for every class with runes for an extra twist, that takes repetition out of the question for me !
    Items look good and detailed with a lot of variety,
    Thats all I wanted from this game and I got them all !
  3. May 17, 2012
    First of all, I am amazed at how many people are giving this game a 0 because they can't connect.
    How the hell can you expect to be taken seriously by the companies that make these games if you act like a moron who rates the game so low even if you didn't even play 5 minutes of it?
    Or how the hell can you state that this game can be finished in 3 hours? I have currently about 6 hours of game-time and I just finished Act 1 - just goes to show how ignorant people really are.

On with the review:
    If Diablo II for its time was groundbreaking, Diablo III for its time is a breath of fresh air in the pool of mediocre ARPGs.

First of all, the gameplay is quite nice, and it brings enough new things to the table for me to like it.
    Of course Diablo II had a nice gameplay, but seriously - would you rather play puzzle in your inventory? Would you rather spend valuable inventory slots for scrolls of identify and town portal? Those things bothered me a lot in D2.
    Also, the attribute point system is pretty good - let's face it, in D2 99% of us just placed the points EXACTLY the same. How is that any different from having the game place them for you? Nitpicking on something like this really means you are stupid.
    The story is kind of easy to predict, and it just serves as a backbone to the game itself.
    The music is also very nice, I really like the "And the heavens shall tremble" piece and many others.
    Overall?
    I honestly think that the game is worthwhile, even if you are a casual or hardcore Diablo player. It has many interesting mechanics and has certainly evolved compared to Diablo 2.

As a side note, I experienced connection problems on D-Day - but IMO when you don't even play the game then come and rate the game low, it means you are stupid. No, you're not interesting, no you will not get the game for free. Plain stupid.

4. May 17, 2012
    Having played all three Diablos i have to say that this is my favorite for sure. The character customization is there, as you can customize all your skills to your play style. The thought put into this games storyline, characters, and balance is awesome and obvious. I don't have to tell you the graphics and sound are amazing. I look forward to the harder modes and the upgraded bossHaving played all three Diablos i have to say that this is my favorite for sure. The character customization is there, as you can customize all your skills to your play style. The thought put into this games storyline, characters, and balance is awesome and obvious. I don't have to tell you the graphics and sound are amazing. I look forward to the harder modes and the upgraded boss mechanics. Only downside that i agree with the haters on is having to log into a server. No internet makes the game unplayable. That is unfortunate. Much Love For Diablo 3!! Noobs need to Learn their history before judgeing this game. Its really that damned good. Expand
  5. May 17, 2012
    When you say that Diablo 2's graphics looks the same as Diablo 3's?... Either you need to get your eyes check or you need to quit crying that you could not login to the servers on launch. All these negative reviews are completely ridiculous. I read some and it gets boring reading about how you impatient f***ks can't wait to play the game. I waited 2 days to get this game, because i didn'tWhen you say that Diablo 2's graphics looks the same as Diablo 3's?... Either you need to get your eyes check or you need to quit crying that you could not login to the servers on launch. All these negative reviews are completely ridiculous. I read some and it gets boring reading about how you impatient f***ks can't wait to play the game. I waited 2 days to get this game, because i didn't reserve a collectors edition. If anybody should be raging its me not having the damn game at launch and not being able to play with all my friends. So quit your damn crying. Anyway aside from the trolling idiots, the game lives up to the hype. The graphics are really nice, animations are awesome, and it is a huge upgrade from Diablo 2. Everything looks nice and finely crisp. Game play is really fun and it gets even more fun when the difficulty is turned up a notch especially when you are playing with friends. Everything is balanced and really the only disappointed is not being able to pvp yet but thats fine. Plus if this is supposedly "WoW inspired clone" I'd much rather play this than pay $15 a month to fight with pandas...just saying. Anyway like said this game does live up to the hype and is really fun to play. Overall I'm happy that i got my copy of the collectors edition, and the negative reviews are just plain unnecessary and childish. Expand
  6. May 17, 2012
    For everyone reading this review, everyone that is whining and crying about how the new style gameplay is horrible, blah blah, no attribute points, etc, there is a reason why its called Diablo 3, and not Diablo 2. Its because its a newer revamped version. Don't like it? Cry about it somewhere else. Don't taint the name of Blizzard just because you can't get on the servers to play the game,For everyone reading this review, everyone that is whining and crying about how the new style gameplay is horrible, blah blah, no attribute points, etc, there is a reason why its called Diablo 3, and not Diablo 2. Its because its a newer revamped version. Don't like it? Cry about it somewhere else. Don't taint the name of Blizzard just because you can't get on the servers to play the game, and especially don't taint the name of Blizzard because you don't like how they make their games. That's like saying, "Hey man! Can I have some of your milk?" to your best mate, then throwing the milk back in your best mates face saying, "Dude, that tastes like Sh*t"

I will admit, the only thing that has slightly unimpressed me so far in this game has been the server unavailability, but that's not forever; in fact, its already cleared up, with some short maintenance breaks inbetween. Good things come to those who wait, and I am sure Blizzard will continue to deliver.

Game-play wise, this game delivers the full hack-and-slash experience that people love, and the classes and amazing. From what I've seen, the "Witch Doctor" class is a must-play if you have a quirky sense of humor. Nothing more funny than watching exploding toads kill minions.

There a plenty of side quests, and the game is very re-playable. About the removal of attribute points and skill points;
    The newer system is a lot cleaner, a lot more easily accessible, and you don't get that moment in battle going "**** **** **** wheres my (insert skill name here)!?!?!111!?one!" moments.
    There are still a lot of skills to utilise and customize between, and they all have their different uses.

Playing fairly casual for a die-hard diablo fan, I've hit level 40 on a Demon Hunter, and like I said, have been impressed by the game so far. I've already said to my mates that I am looking forward to the sequel, Keep doing what you do Blizzard, and don't let these whinge bags bring you down.

Also, as a last note; millions of people have bought this game. Yes, we are all annoyed about server instability, but in case you haven't seen, only 1674 (as of the time that I am posting this review)people have come to meta-critic to badmouth and rant about the game. These are probably the people that wanted something to whine about in the first place, or just aren't getting laid enough! Guess what the other millions of people are doing? Playing the game they bought, and having a smashing time.

Thumbs up Blizzard.
  7. May 17, 2012
    Having a blast playing this game so far. Yes, I had issues logging in the first day.. but it didn't kill me to wait one day to play a computer game. Due to my work schedule and other priorities (it's called having a life) I haven't been able to beat the game, so I don't really feel qualified to review it....BUT I'm still reviewing this game with a perfect 10, just to counter those whoHaving a blast playing this game so far. Yes, I had issues logging in the first day.. but it didn't kill me to wait one day to play a computer game. Due to my work schedule and other priorities (it's called having a life) I haven't been able to beat the game, so I don't really feel qualified to review it....BUT I'm still reviewing this game with a perfect 10, just to counter those who feel like they can give a game a zero just to whine and complain. Expand
  8. May 17, 2012
    Awesome! I love the modifications in Diablo 3 over D2 and D1. Forget stamina, attribute points and skill trees, and get right down to bashing evil's head in! :) Drops are better as well. I can't really understand people's negative comments regarding these changes, but hey... to each their own.

I can understand, however, people's frustration with the server and performance woes, but you can assume these will be fixed in the very near future.
  9. May 17, 2012
    Great game. Don't be fooled by the low user score, the majority of the negative reviews are due to no offline mode and launch issues. If you're not bothered by the fact that you need a constant internet connection to play, go ahead and get it...it's a great game.
  10. May 17, 2012
    Practically perfect in every way. There are a handful of whiners that have slammed it due to the DRM (which has been known for about 7 years to be in most releases now), but ignoring the honking geese and the forum trolls, I have not had a better gaming experience than playing Diablo III in a very very long time.

Graphics are stunning, gameplay delivers in reams, and the replay value is

Graphics are stunning, gameplay delivers in reams, and the replay value is off the charts.

Its less of a game and more of a masterpiece.
  11. May 17, 2012
    This is a great game; it's a sequel to Diablo 2, therefore it is a dungeon crawler. The Diablos put dungeon crawlers on the map and consequently the idea has been copied many times since then. But diablo 3 is everything you can expect it to be and is very fun. Also takes more than just clicking on stuff, although that is of course the basic premise. On first glance the skill tree can seemThis is a great game; it's a sequel to Diablo 2, therefore it is a dungeon crawler. The Diablos put dungeon crawlers on the map and consequently the idea has been copied many times since then. But diablo 3 is everything you can expect it to be and is very fun. Also takes more than just clicking on stuff, although that is of course the basic premise. On first glance the skill tree can seem restrictive and unsatisfying, but a quick trip to diablo's website lets you take a look at the entire tree of each character and it becomes clear that a very large amount of fiddling is possible. If the system worked the way it did in diablo 2 you would never, ever manage to figure out all the possibilities. If you can't connect do something else for a few days and wait for the servers to stabilize, if you don't like the witch doctor there are four other options... Expand
  12. May 17, 2012
    lol, at all the butt hurt people giving this game a negative review. It is 100% what I wanted and more and is a great successor to the franchise. Maybe stop reviewing a game just because you can't connect, that isn't constructive at all. What is the point of even getting on here if you haven't even played the damn game. If I could I would give this a 20/10 but 10/10m will have to do.
  13. May 17, 2012
    Blizzard has another winner. Pay no mind to the ignorant reviewers....there is no way this game deserves anything below a 7. There 2.8 trillion ways to customize your character. Go to YouTube and watch the D3 event from BilzzCon 2011.
  14. May 17, 2012
    Incredible. Blizzard has really blown me away here. The game is incredibly addicting and is sure to last long, with all the different classes, auction house, difficulties, very fun co-op, and the soon to be here PvP should be pretty good. Definitely recommend.
  15. May 17, 2012
    Before I review i will say one thing.Stop Raging about connection and complaining that it isn't Diablo 2.
    Ive been playing the game for a few hours now and it has been great.I don't mind the real money AH and think it might actually be good.If your a Diablo fan then buy this game.
  16. May 17, 2012
    My first review was apparently removed by one of the cowardly staff that manages the comments here. As punishment, I will post again. And, I give Diablo III a 10 now, not a 9. All of you complaining about the game and how terrible it is have not played it long enough. It' spectacular. Enough said. If you don't like it, go to another game and be done with it. Or hey! Start your ownMy first review was apparently removed by one of the cowardly staff that manages the comments here. As punishment, I will post again. And, I give Diablo III a 10 now, not a 9. All of you complaining about the game and how terrible it is have not played it long enough. It' spectacular. Enough said. If you don't like it, go to another game and be done with it. Or hey! Start your own game-writing company.. We'll see how well you fare... Expand
  17. May 17, 2012
    Ok, I will admit I only played Diablo 2 a limited amount, and am far less hardcore about PC gaming then most. Yes the game has become far more streamlined, yes there were issues at launch. Those who are disappointed, I get it, but instead of giving it a zero which it clearly does not deserve, give it an appropriate score for an underwhelming sequel but a capable standalone game. somewhereOk, I will admit I only played Diablo 2 a limited amount, and am far less hardcore about PC gaming then most. Yes the game has become far more streamlined, yes there were issues at launch. Those who are disappointed, I get it, but instead of giving it a zero which it clearly does not deserve, give it an appropriate score for an underwhelming sequel but a capable standalone game. somewhere between a 5-7 depending on how much haterade you had that day. It's an enjoyable game that isn't perfect and is plagued by corporate greed for sure. New players are going to be incredibly turned off by the 3.8 gamer review score. Rather then throwing a hissy fit for the developers not giving what you expected, appreciate it for what it is, a fun, engaging, if rather strait forward, hack and slash with some customizability with an interesting story. Not to mention it has the wonderful ability to be updated and changed. If you're unhappy, rant about it with a purpose so maybe some things will be changed. Expand
  18. May 18, 2012
    Please don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have noPlease don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have no opinion whatsoever. They probably never had an original thought in their tiny brains, so by listening to the masses you may as well downgrade your IQ by 60 points. What it is with gamers and their sense of self entitlement? Big bunch of whiney panzie asses, that I'm embarrased to be grouped with these morons who litter gaming and quite frankly should be banned on some trumped up STUPID CLAUSE. I am sure somewhere its a sin to be this dumb. This whole affair is turning into another ME3 (another fine game torn to pieces by Idiots who didn't get what THEY wanted) Anyhow, Diablo 3, whilst isn't going to set the world on fire with originality, is awesome fun solo and fantastic fun with four mates linked in. A worthy purchase, if with the draconian DRM . Expand
  19. May 18, 2012
    Trollers gonna troll JBC they have to wait for servers to accept the Huge pop of players and there's lag/DC the first few days they're all going to B!tch and complain yet judge the core gameplay mechanics off that illogical reason all these idiots know what to do is complain and develop SN cojones. SPs are stupid you dump on the obvious and a few extra for vitality ooooh so much depth. TheTrollers gonna troll JBC they have to wait for servers to accept the Huge pop of players and there's lag/DC the first few days they're all going to B!tch and complain yet judge the core gameplay mechanics off that illogical reason all these idiots know what to do is complain and develop SN cojones. SPs are stupid you dump on the obvious and a few extra for vitality ooooh so much depth. The "gamers" who complain have zero logos towards their argument other than its DRM which was stated from the start, and if you're too stupid to understand how blizzard would handle DRM you're a complete idiot, Expand
  20. May 18, 2012
    Good heavens Metacritic reviewers are a whiney bunch. "The launch didn't go flawlessly!" "The servers were down!"

Ugh. Here's the skinny on the game itself, not my whining and crying and giving it a zero because I couldn't log in instantly upon launch. Did you love Diablo and Diablo II? Big surprise, you'll love Diablo III. Chopping and slaughtering my way through enemies with my friends is a blast, and better still, we don't have to fight over loot because of the genius individualized loot in multiplayer. Better still, if you get something nice for a barbarian, yet you are playing a witch doctor, just toss it over to the barb in your group. Better chances for everyone to get loot they like the more people are playing.

The classes each have a fun unique feel with their different sources of magic/power. The rune system is a little disappointing because everyone has access to the same set, however, I find myself switching around and trying new combinations all the time against different groups of foes and depending on whether I am solo or grouped. I know that PvP will add a whole new element to the runes as well.

Knocking a point off for not having PvP on launch, but that just gives me time to get through the first difficulty and get on to the real loot so I can crush my enemies more effectively. Don't listen to the whiners. Diablo III is a good-looking and addictive sequel that is a ton of fun to play.
  21. May 18, 2012
    I can't believe all of the users that gives this awesome game such a bad score. Most of them havenâ
  22. May 18, 2012
    best game i have every played.. well worth the wait
    all the negative reviews seem to mention bugs that were addressed a few days after launch
    Yes there have been server issues because so many people are playing this game.. but that doesn't mean you should give the game a low score - blizzard has been quick to address the server issues..
    i think most of the low scores are just trolls
  23. May 18, 2012
    Yada yada self-righteous claptrap about DRM. Oh wait! That's right! My internet is always on! **** I thought I was still on dial-up! And OMG! What's this? An auction house which isn't full of hacked items and other bs. Hey! An economy which isn't **** how fun! I guess that's why they need the internet to verify every loot. and OH HEY! I'm not a freetard, that's right! I actually want toYada yada self-righteous claptrap about DRM. Oh wait! That's right! My internet is always on! **** I thought I was still on dial-up! And OMG! What's this? An auction house which isn't full of hacked items and other bs. Hey! An economy which isn't **** how fun! I guess that's why they need the internet to verify every loot. and OH HEY! I'm not a freetard, that's right! I actually want to see developers earn money for good games like this one. Protip: Get a job/welfare. Pay for games. YADA yada bad framerate. OH WAIT my computer doesn't suck giant hairy testicles because I haven't been playing xbox for the last 13 years. Yada yada single player. OH WAIT! I've got friends who bought the game! Oh wow, we're playing together. I'm having fun! Screw single player. OH WAIT, I CAN play single player, but it's still online to prevent hacked items n'stuff and preserve the economy and the game. np.

YADA YADA I couldn't play for 2 hours. FUUUUCK! I'M GOING TO PUT A FRACKIN' 2 ON METASCORE. TAKE THAT BLIZZ. OH WAIT! Now i can play! wow fun! I'll totally come back and fix that review later...

Must... keep.. playing... tooo... much.. fun...
  24. May 19, 2012
    After 50 hours of gameplay in 3 days, I can say only one thing: excellent game, made to last for years and decades. Oh my, so many haters here were probably paid by a company hostile towards Activision and have no idea what they are writing about. This is a great game, with an enormous potential that will make you play it years after you bought it. The gameplay is awesome, th UI is veryAfter 50 hours of gameplay in 3 days, I can say only one thing: excellent game, made to last for years and decades. Oh my, so many haters here were probably paid by a company hostile towards Activision and have no idea what they are writing about. This is a great game, with an enormous potential that will make you play it years after you bought it. The gameplay is awesome, th UI is very well thought. Locations are a delight: vast, varied, vibrant with Diablo 1 gloomy and dark atmosphere. Multiplayer is great, I have never seen so addictive co-op. Looting, crafting and skill systems are full of great innovation and offer tonns of items, millions of skill combinations and an enormous potential where you can sink you gold into. Auction House is a very good feature for those who don't want to think too much about strategies and tactics at higher difficulty levels. So why all this hate? Let's analyze it step by step by looking at some major accusations. INNOVATION. This game IS innovative, but as much as it is necessary not to loose the Diablo style of game. COLORFUL. No, it's a return to good ol' Diablo dark atmosphere, without some colorful elements of Diablo 2. INTERNET ISSUES. Well, the game is out 2 days and some gave it 0 because more than 2 milion people preordered it and maybe another 4 milions bought it and can't log in during the first hour after the servers are up? Come on, give me a break! INTERNET-DRM. And so? If I can play without some stupid hackers and cheaters running by, why not? And what is all about latency? I never ever had any latency issues in D3, except in the beta. NO SINGLE PLAYER... No comments on this. What kind of arguments are these people bringing in? Diablo III is great. Period. For me, it has only one (1, ONE) big flaw: the music is nothing in comparison with Matt Uelmen's. Who played Diablo 1 will know what I mean. Expand
  25. May 19, 2012
    I'm surprised how so many people hate the game. Yes, it's not Diablo II, but it isn't supposed to be. The game is entertaining and charming in many ways. I'd recommend it to anyone who can simply enjoy something without comparing it to a previous game or rushing through and then saying "nah, it's crap".
  26. May 19, 2012
    This is a great action RPG. Here is why it is good: 1) Gameplay: The gameplay is fast and easy to pick up. There is a strategy involved and you don't have to be a complete toolbag about micromanaging all of the stats for your character. 2) Setting: The creators of this game have kept to the same kind of setting you found with the first game. Its dark and oozes with character like noThis is a great action RPG. Here is why it is good: 1) Gameplay: The gameplay is fast and easy to pick up. There is a strategy involved and you don't have to be a complete toolbag about micromanaging all of the stats for your character. 2) Setting: The creators of this game have kept to the same kind of setting you found with the first game. Its dark and oozes with character like no other game world I've known. The graphics are fantastic as well. 3) The Classes and the Loot: I really like the classes Diablo3 has. Sure, you get the classic Mage, Archer, Warrior type classes but these classes just look really cool and the armour sets are so varied it is insane. It take a lot for me to give a game a 9 but I am really enjoying it. The only thing I would complain about is that it is a very non-open world, but this is really just sticking with the same formula from past Diablo games. Also, in past Diablo games the dungeons were randomly generated which I thought was cool and added to the re-playability. I honestly don't know what all of these haters are thinking. The game is fun, stop nit picking and just chill and play the game. Blizzard has done a wonderful job with the game...video game expert and newbies can play this game which is really great from a marketing standpoint and makes it fun for everyone. Not everybody is a 16 hour a day WoW player, give me a break. Expand
  27. May 19, 2012
    Having played diablo 1 through diablo 2 and all expansions. I can say that diablo 3 is a true diablo sequel the feel and game play that made diablo great is still there. The graphics are great and the soundtrack is good. This game lives up to the expectations of a true diablo fan and it's a great sequel. The server problems were to be expected with any game that requests a InternetHaving played diablo 1 through diablo 2 and all expansions. I can say that diablo 3 is a true diablo sequel the feel and game play that made diablo great is still there. The graphics are great and the soundtrack is good. This game lives up to the expectations of a true diablo fan and it's a great sequel. The server problems were to be expected with any game that requests a Internet connection to play. Blizzard has good job with fixing most server problems and the game is now enjoyable. Giving this game a bad rating without playing it just cause you can't connect to the server for a small time is not right. Over all diablo 3 is great game that is a true diablo sequel. Expand
  28. May 19, 2012
    This is Diablo 2 perfected. The new skill system is different but GREAT, no more wasting skill points on useless skills and no need to respec. Party system is very functional and all the server issues have been resolved (it was only released 4 days ago and i havent been booted since day 2). This is a MUST OWN for Diablo 2 fans.
  29. May 19, 2012
    So many people say "pay to win" yet the real money auction house isn't even in the game yet...I mean that is someones sad attempt at coming up with a reason to hate a popular new game.
  30. May 20, 2012
    2051 negative rating so far and I beleieve they're wrong or they just didn't like the need for being online in this game. I understand Blizzards attempt at fighting piracy and totally agree with them to make the game online based only. The majority of players in the US playing pretty much all have internet anyway. I was hesitant at first to buy this game due to playing the beta and that2051 negative rating so far and I beleieve they're wrong or they just didn't like the need for being online in this game. I understand Blizzards attempt at fighting piracy and totally agree with them to make the game online based only. The majority of players in the US playing pretty much all have internet anyway. I was hesitant at first to buy this game due to playing the beta and that was crappy. I thought..."This doesn't at all feel like Diablo." My love for the game though won out and I preordered it online so I was ready on day 1. I agree with the others that day one was horrible. But come on...you've got a whole life time to play the game...what is one day compared to the enjoyment of playing a Diablo game. I LOVE THIS GAME. There...I went ahead and said it. For those of you who are reading reviews and not buying the game because of all the negativity...buy the game and then make your complaints. This is definitely a Diablo game. I felt like Diablo 2 when I was playing the first act. The level of detail of the background is just gorgeous and awesome at the same time. The music is pretty outstanding. For those of you complaing about the characters being cartoony...have you seen all the other hack and slash games of this generation?! They are nothing compared to what Blizzard has done with Diablo 3. The characters are not cartoony. If the developers of Diablo 2 had the same resources that we had today...I'm pretty sure they would look like Diablo 3. If you want cartoony characters...go to Torchlight 2. After all...a lot of them are developers of Diablo 2. Gameplay was exciting...and intense...especially hardcore. OH MY GOODNESS...don't get me started on hardcore...best feature of the game if you want intensity. EVERYONE...buy this game...seriously...buy it. Expand
  31. May 20, 2012
    This game are so awesome. I still waiting for 12 years ago for this game, and this is perfect for me.
    The history and the gameplay is true to the Diablo series, and the development for the Characters, is very special. It's true. We don't can assign points in strength, dexterity, vitality and Intelligence. but, In this time, We'll have to see objects and statistics of our luggage, to get what we want. With ability to do many builds of combat. This game is no longer suffering from the error 37 or 75. Not even the Templar and bug shield.
    Thus, enjoy this game, start to shut up and good luck in your fight against Diablo.
    As one would say in my country:
    ¡ A VICIARSE ! :D
  32. May 20, 2012
    Why are people still reviewing this game based on a problem that happened on launch and half a day after? The game has been working just fine for days now. If you are having DC issues it is your comp. The servers have been up and the errors are gone. So everyone claiming the game has connection issues is not telling the truth as of this moment. Big deal you couldn't play a game for a day.Why are people still reviewing this game based on a problem that happened on launch and half a day after? The game has been working just fine for days now. If you are having DC issues it is your comp. The servers have been up and the errors are gone. So everyone claiming the game has connection issues is not telling the truth as of this moment. Big deal you couldn't play a game for a day. First world problems. Anywho, Im really enjoying this game. I never played the second Diablo but I did play the first. It's streamlined to perfection and it's just flawless. Bug free and addictive gameplay. Not to mention the amazing CGI Blizzard is known for. Expand
  33. May 20, 2012
    Please ignore the massive amounts of negative reviews because 95% of them are due to player ignorance.

Low raitng for Online-DRM/no single? - The reason is to prevent offline hacking which was a huge problem in Diablo 2, having it server based prevents that. Honestly this game is much better as a cooperative game. Also if you don't have an internet connection then you are living in the stone ages.

Low rating for bad graphics? - You can't compare Battlefield 3 graphics with this game, and that being said can you really ask people to buy 1500 dollar computer to run it?

Low rating for being too easy? - You can't bash on the game being too easy if you're playing the easiest difficulty. Try playing hardcore mode(Death is permanent) and finish the fourth difficulty and let's see what you say about 'easy'

Low rating for no skill tree/lack of customization? - Ignorant to the 'elective mode' option. Which allows you full customization of your skills which you can change ANYTIME on the fly. This also allows you to try a wacky character build without having to create and level a character from scratch to find out it's not very good.

I hope this clears up the 'ignorance' that plagues the negative scores.
  34. May 20, 2012
    I waited to finish the campaign on normal mode before writing a review. Something people really should do in my opinion otherwise you don't get a review, you get a rant. Aside from the connection issues which are still cropping up every now and again this is an excellent game. The production values are outstanding. It is extremely fun to play alone, and fantastic with a group of friends.I waited to finish the campaign on normal mode before writing a review. Something people really should do in my opinion otherwise you don't get a review, you get a rant. Aside from the connection issues which are still cropping up every now and again this is an excellent game. The production values are outstanding. It is extremely fun to play alone, and fantastic with a group of friends. That's really all that should matter in a review of a game. I feel sorry for people who are unable to play due to connection issues, it's not fair and Blizzard should do something to compensate them. That said, it's a separate issue and should not effect the score here. It is no longer just a single player game and the online only requirement is a necessary evil that shouldn't make any difference to most people. The animation, visual effects, story and atmosphere are some of the very best ever created, and certainly the best in this genre. It's a great game that will undoubtedly become a classic regardless of this bumpy start, and I guarantee every reviewer here trying to punish Blizzard by giving them bad scores will soon enough be playing and enjoying it themselves. So do yourself a favour, buy it, play it and enjoy yourself. Expand
  35. May 20, 2012
    I have been a pc gamer for the last 20 years and dungeon crawlers have come and gone.from the earlier diablos to presently torchlight.they all have there own unique feel.All the negative feedback on meta critic scoring this game a zero is an insult to the people that spend a lot of there time making this game for your pleasure.Yes the game had teething problems but they said sorry and II have been a pc gamer for the last 20 years and dungeon crawlers have come and gone.from the earlier diablos to presently torchlight.they all have there own unique feel.All the negative feedback on meta critic scoring this game a zero is an insult to the people that spend a lot of there time making this game for your pleasure.Yes the game had teething problems but they said sorry and I can honestly say I waited until yesterday to purchase the game and everything went swimmingly.no connection issues at all. Diablo 3 is the most fun I've had with a pc game sinces baldurs gate .heres looking forward to many hours gameplay. Expand
  36. May 20, 2012
    This kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realizeThis kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realize when you rage on a website like this, you completely ruin the entire concept. Have you really not noticed that pretty much EVERY sequel on meta gets a 50-30 user score, but every new game, even if its **** gets a 80+? Not to even mention the ridiculous unbalance between user and critic score. This fan boy retardation of the gaming community needs to stop. This is the equivalent of banging a supermodel and only after having sex for hours saying " meh, you were better the first time. 0 out of 10" Now to my actual review.
    * Story: F%#king amazing. I was blown away with how epic and heroic they make you feel, unlike diablo 2 where it seemed like you were just kinda involved in the conflict. The cut scenes are the most beautiful 3d rendering i have ever seen, better than final fantasy. *Graphics: FPS fanboys along with others will be disappointed by the lack of reflection and lens flare burning images into their cornea, but the graphics are GOOD do not be fooled by RAGERS. All of the landscape in this game is absolutely breathtaking, and guess what? its RANDOMLY GENERATED. Every other game i have ever played with randomly generated terrain, to be honest, was ugly. The epic views you get while up on a cliff or on a castle battlement were so breathtaking I had to stop slaying demons just to stare. The spell effects are super sexy, along with the physics engine that sends demons flying in your wake.

*Game play: Instead of a big skill tree with good skills scattered in between **** ones that you have to get first, diablo 3 opens itself to complete customization. You have 6 spells and 3 passives at any given time, but the amount of total spells and passives is around 50+. And on top of that, you can augment your skills to make them behave completely different, raising the number of skills to around 200 per class. And the best part? You are not stuck with ANYTHING. Remember how in diablo 2 if you but 1 point into int on a barb, that character was considered ruined? None of that here. Respec WHENEVER you want at NO cost, means that instead of living and getting just an ice mage, you get an ice fire and arcane mage. its a brilliant setup.

The only reason that this game looses 1 point in my mind is because you can pay 2 win, but the fact that your paying another player instead of some black market item seller lessens this blow.
  37. May 20, 2012
    Who judges a game based on their connection? Never had problems with server or lag. Online single player/multiplayer, all good. DRM? There's no big online title without DRM, it's the future people. Deal with it. Could use a lobby though.
  38. May 20, 2012
    I'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtimeI'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtime on release day). Further, I'm having a ball! I love this game. It's total fun, and my friends (who are old-time Diablo game players) are loving it, too. I really think the complainers are in a very small minority. Kudos to Blizzard for another incredibly good game! Expand
  39. May 21, 2012
    This game being my first endeavor into the Diablo universe, or even a blizzard game at that, I was fully expecting some pretty complicated menus and stat spreads or whatever the hell those things are called. I am not in any respect a casual gamer, and though I may piss some hardcore RPG players out there, I found the the streamlined game to be very helpful in getting me to feel prettyThis game being my first endeavor into the Diablo universe, or even a blizzard game at that, I was fully expecting some pretty complicated menus and stat spreads or whatever the hell those things are called. I am not in any respect a casual gamer, and though I may piss some hardcore RPG players out there, I found the the streamlined game to be very helpful in getting me to feel pretty badass from the get go. I did not get the game the first day and have not as of yet experienced any online connectivity problems due to the server being over-loaded. I want to go play Diablo very soon so BOTTOM LINE: It is a very fun game that is streamlined for new players, which understandably pisses off the vets. Although it should be more complicated with a little more customization options, the gameplay itself is absolutely outstanding. I mostly play an 360 hooked up with an HDMI, and I am a prissy little **** when it comes to graphics, but I found myself not really giving a **** about this game's graphics because of the sheer fun I was having. This is the first game to take me away from Skyrim for a bit (but **** the world when Dawngaurd comes out.) I did not give it a perfect 10 because ....well holy **** I can't think of a reason not to give it a perfect 10. You can dye your armor, that's enough customization for me. Please pardon the ****ing swearing. Expand
  40. May 21, 2012
    PLEASE READ BEFORE GIVING A BAD REVIEW!

So it has been 11 years since Diablo II. Blizzard took longer than it needs and Diablo 3 is not perfect, but it does set a new standard for RPG. Constant Connection: ok, not everyone is happy with this. Some people still doesn't even have internet or very slow one. But if by doing this, it creates a fair and none-hackable environment then I'm
    PLEASE READ BEFORE GIVING A BAD REVIEW!

Constant Connection: ok, not everyone is happy with this. Some people still doesn't even have internet or very slow one. But if by doing this, it creates a fair and none-hackable environment then I'm willing to live with it.
    Skill set: this is awesome! Setting the skill table like this, players can create a bunch of combinations as the style they like and don't need to waste money or coin or reset their points. Good Job! but I expect more choices and unique gameplays, either a new character or 2nd rune level.
    Graphic: not the best but it can be played by regular computer or laptop so you dont need highest quality graphic card. Should have an option for higher resolution for hardcore players. Auction House: I don't like rich kids get to pound ass but it is a choice. Honest players should be able to make money for their hard work. People says Blizzard trying to make money out of this but I don't see how since the money goes straight to another player and they don't sell coins for US $. The transaction fees is transaction fees, lol, for paypal and the people work in it. Others: No more identify and portal scrolls, omg, yes! Fun with friends, yes! A massacre bloodbath, yes, but more nasty, more blood and more creepy please! 9 out of 10, it's really good but can be improve. Thank U Blizz.
  41. May 21, 2012
    After completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more funAfter completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more fun i'm sure. Gameplay - 10/10
    The sound is really as good as Diablo II although the music is very different, but still very good. Voice acting is also great although I was a bit disapponted with Diablo's voice. Sound - 10/10
    The graphics are also very nice, but of course the new art direction sometimes reminds us about Warcraft too much. I hoped that it would be a bit darker, but it is possible to change the colors and contrast with a kind of a "mod". The character models are really interesting (although again, it would have been nice if there was more effort put in Diablo's ingame model) and all the places also look really great. Graphics - 9/10
    And finally the story. I will try not to spoil anything by only writing abstract thoughts about some storyline decisions. Unfortunately, it is the weakest aspect of Diablo III. It was really predictable and some characters are just not right for Diablo universe. It seemed as if there was not a lot of effort put into it. Especially the storyline about the Black Soulstone was a bit too simple I think. The main chracters were all interesting, although the scoundrel and the jeweler were kind of annoying. Also I didn't really like what was done to Tyrael. The ending was good but it left some trivial and more serious unanswered questions. I think that there could have been a bit more explaining about what happened after the last boss fight. With that been said I think the story (and Diablo's voice) was the only thing that disapponted me a bit, but it wasn't bad of course - it just could have been better. Story - 8/10
    So my final rating would be 9.25/10 but I am giving it 10 because the majority of bad ratings here were given just because these people couldn't log in to the game or just couldn't pirate it because of constant online connection. Of course, it had serous launch problems, but those angry with this should't have come here and rate the game 0, they should wait for Blizzard to fix them. So, thank you, Blizzard for going away from WoW a bit and giving us a sequel to one of the best games of all time, not ruining it in the process. People are definitely going to play Diablo III for years to come.
  42. May 16, 2013
    I'll never understand the negative comments on this game.. its WAY up there as one of the best PC games every made. Complaints about needing an internet connection are about 20 years out of date. Complaints about repetitive game-play miss the point entirely of what is one of the best examples of an ARPG. Its highly polished, very accomplished and extremely mature. Miss it and you'd be nuts.
  43. May 21, 2012
    Good game, what a difference that write bad about it? Use your head and evaluate for yourself! The main let fix some problems with lags, which are sometimes...
  44. May 21, 2012
    Honestly, I dont see what all the fuss is about. This game is exactly what I expected, yea the launch sucked, and yea there were server issues for the first couple of days, but that is all ironed out now, you cant review a game after it has been out for only a day. I have found the game since launch to be incredibly enjoyable. The story was good, the graphics were adequate, and it hadHonestly, I dont see what all the fuss is about. This game is exactly what I expected, yea the launch sucked, and yea there were server issues for the first couple of days, but that is all ironed out now, you cant review a game after it has been out for only a day. I have found the game since launch to be incredibly enjoyable. The story was good, the graphics were adequate, and it had plenty of opportunity to keep playing it. I dont see myself getting bored of this game any time soon, and the co-op mode with friends is pretty amazing. So far so good Blizzard, keep it up. Expand
  45. May 21, 2012
    This is a no spoiler review. First of all, I will start with the bad things. Always online-DRM can get pretty annoying due to constant errors that DC you or won´t allow you to log in. But when I look back, the Diablo II launch was not really ideal either. Next minus is the story. I know this is a game with emphasis on action, but the story is just incredibly predictable. IThis is a no spoiler review. First of all, I will start with the bad things. Always online-DRM can get pretty annoying due to constant errors that DC you or won´t allow you to log in. But when I look back, the Diablo II launch was not really ideal either. Next minus is the story. I know this is a game with emphasis on action, but the story is just incredibly predictable. I like the voice acting, characters, follower stories, but the story in the whole was just too predictable - I am not lying when I said I knew what will happen next all the frickin time. A little bit broken thing are the legendaries in this game. My opinion and I think it was intended to be like this - is that the legendaries should be the most powerful. They are not, many of them are weaker then some blues sadly, hope that will be fixed. I do not really like the idea of the auction house, but that´s just my personal problem. This leads to the next problem - the armor/weapon design is very very poor. The final sets in this game are just plain boring. They don´t really give you the feeling of uniqness and power. Now to the good things. First, I want to give blizzard a big hug for the cinematics. They are just Amazing. The cinematic at the end of the act I just blew off my mind. The soundtrack is not bad, but is often not heard in the battles. But the OST play in the key parts of the game and otherwise works pretty well. The effect sounds are fantastic and the voice acting is in my opinion just astonishing (monk male, greatest quotes). Graphics are great and the gameplay is awesome. I love the rune system and the diablo action style is better then in diablo II. The exploration is highly enjoyable, you can find lore books, beast lore, rare enemies everywhere, as well as big amount of small dungeons, that are scattered troughout the whole world. Achievements are a WoW copycat thing sadly (they are identicalú, but I personaly adore the ach. system (me being PS trophy lover) so I am happy with that. I have not encountered any gameplay wise technical issues, co-op works great and the inferno difficulty is awesome. Which gets us to the great replayibility this game has - if you like item hoarding, this is the game for you, it is basically item porn. Still looking forward to PvP. So my verdict would be 9 out of 10. Minuses are the story, DRM and little fixable game issues. This game was worth the wait. Expand
  46. May 21, 2012
    The lag issues that have persisted during peak hours is certainly a nuisance, but that hasn't stopped me from logging 30 hours into the game since its release. That's more than can be said of many offline, moddable games with LAN-support that I've played.
  47. May 21, 2012
    Isn't it obvious Blizzard toned down graphics, simplified everything, made it linear etc. ON PURPOSE? They're a big company making games to appeal to a large casual/mainstream audience. They need a fanbase that consists more than nostalgic, aging Diablo 2 players. It's not 1998 anymore. For what it's SUPPOSED to be, it's not a bad game at all.
  48. May 21, 2012
    Seems like we have 33% of people expecting WoW 2, 33% expecting Skyrim (A single player RPG) and 33% who actually know what Diablo is. A MULTIPLAYER hacknslash.

I don't judge a game by its servers on the first week. I judge it by its content, and its content is perfect. The skill system is truly revolutionary and has blown the old talent tree system out of the water. Never before have 5

Never before have 5 classes felt so unique, and with such endless combos and possibilities. It is simply remarkable.

Haters gunna hate, the truth is Blizzard have another masterpiece.
  49. May 21, 2012
    What happened to the good old days when you could enjoy a game for what it is instead of hating it for what it isn't. I judge a game by how fun it is and for me this game is a blast. I grew up with the diablo series and this game fits right in. Is it perfect, no, but everyone needs to quit hating. The world is so negative now days. Try and have some fun.
  50. May 21, 2012
    Hey guys! I'll let you in on a secret here... Diablo III is an amazing game! Blizzard has delivered on every part of their promise to make the game just superb. See all these idiots ranking game with zeros and ones? It's because they are retarded! And now I don't mean it as an insult, really, it's rather obvious. For example Schweinehund (Germans, eh?) over there cries about the gameHey guys! I'll let you in on a secret here... Diablo III is an amazing game! Blizzard has delivered on every part of their promise to make the game just superb. See all these idiots ranking game with zeros and ones? It's because they are retarded! And now I don't mean it as an insult, really, it's rather obvious. For example Schweinehund (Germans, eh?) over there cries about the game requiring internet connection and rates the game with zero (he probably didn't even get in yet O.o). Why does he buy a game when it expressly says all over the internet for yeaaaaaars that this is gonna be the way that D3 is. Another guy rates with 1 because of graphics AND sounds? O.o Graphics are amazing, it's Blizzard style, so yea, it's a little cartoonish, if you don't like it, your loss. Again, you shouldn't have purchased the game in the first place, videos and images are all over the internet. Not that graphics were really ever any issue if the game is fun, right? And Diablo III is funny as HELL! When it comes to sounds, few games sound better, really. I must admit that soundtrack ain't no Elder Scrolls style nor quality, it's not bad, it doesn't bother but you'll barely notice the music except for a few exceptions. The sound effects on the other hand are fabulous! Every bash and smash (talking 'bout Barbs here), every meteor and blizzard (guess;) sounds just how it should sound and more. There's one thing you have to keep in mind, Diablo III is still a loot-oriented action RPG, right? So if you never enjoyed Diablo II, chances are you won't like D3 either, although it's not a rule in this case. Diablo has seriously evolved in the last twelve years and you'll notice right as you jump into the game. Each level feels rewarding, you have nearly unlimited skill customization options, you steer your character's stats through gearing differently instead of manually distributing points each level. All in all, although I had had my doubt before they released the game, it's better. Every character of a certain class is absolutely the same at the top level, if standing naked with no skills assigned. But when gear and your preferences with spells kick in, you get a completely different character than others have. You can easily switch between solo oriented skill set and party set. There's so much to explore that one playthrough is never enough. Then there is a guy here claiming that normal mode playthrough takes 2 hours, well... even the first act takes double that time if you're rushing, if you're taking it leisurely to actually have some fun along the way, it takes about 6 hours. Anyway, for all of you who aren't retarded and don't buy games that don't suit you when you know they won't, Diablo III is out there, go play and see for yourself. Blizzard did it again! :) Expand
  51. May 22, 2012
    Writing this review I am around 40 hours into the game, halfway through nightmare difficulty - I feel like I'm ready to review it. I was a teenager when D1 came out and I was blown away by it spending countless hours in the dungeons and hells spawned under Tristram. Diablo 2 was no different for me and God only knows how many nights I spent playing it. I am a long time fan of the seriesWriting this review I am around 40 hours into the game, halfway through nightmare difficulty - I feel like I'm ready to review it. I was a teenager when D1 came out and I was blown away by it spending countless hours in the dungeons and hells spawned under Tristram. Diablo 2 was no different for me and God only knows how many nights I spent playing it. I am a long time fan of the series and I was expecting Diablo 3 with great hesitation - after all can you make a game as good as Diablo 2 13 years later? The answer is simple - Blizzard is a kind of company that knows how to deliver and live up to absolutely crazy expectations... I give this game a 10. And it's not to pump up it's score in view of all the 0 marks given by people pissed off by DRM (I don't question their anger although I'm lucky enough not to have had any major problems apart of initial hours when it was somewhat expected). I give this game a deserved 10 because I haven't had that much fun playing a game for years. Diablo 3 immediately appeals to my nostalgia towards the series reviving all the great memories I have of the previous iterations and yet it brings so many cool new things to the table. The presentation, look and feel of the game are all excellent. Graphics are absolutely beautiful and the landscapes you are going to encounter will leave you breathless. The sound and music suit very well - hellish guitar riffs and ambient music of the desert will make you turn your volume up. The interface is clear, simple and functional. The story is OK, CGI spectacular as always from Blizzard. The skill system is absolutely brilliant - each of your 20 or so skills have several modifier runes often completely changing the skill. The so called Elective Mode lets you mix any combination of those runed skills together which leads to amazing amount of builds... every time you discover a build that works together and pump it up with the right gear it feels like you just invented yet another way to be powerful and is extremely satisfactory. The skill system itself is the big part of the game and one that provides the most fun. It replaced the "gearing game" to some extent - now it's not so much about upgrades of your gear - it's mostly about correct gear for correct set of skills. People see it as "dumbed down" and streamlined, I see it as refreshed and giving the game a whole new aspect. The only negative thing I can say about D3 that it's a bit too short although the replay value is obviously there with increased difficulty levels. I can't wait for the expansion already. So pick your arsenal and start ripping through hordes of demons. If you have a stable connection and patience for occasional down time (which I'm sure will be sorted by Blizzard soon enough) do yourself a favour and buy this game. I guarantee you it will provide you with hundreds of hours of pure fun. Expand
  52. May 22, 2012
    Disappointing but correct. Few contents and too much easy. But sounds, graphics and pleasure of bash monsters is present. This game is polished but i repeat , there is few contents.
  53. May 22, 2012
    The only real reason why this game has a 4.1 on the User Score is because the launch was "crappy". After 10 years of waiting and having changed the launch day twice people finaly got to play.... atleast they thought so. Unfortunately the servers couldnt hold the 5 million people trying to log in and kept crashing which of-course pissed alot of people off, and in their "being mad" they yustThe only real reason why this game has a 4.1 on the User Score is because the launch was "crappy". After 10 years of waiting and having changed the launch day twice people finaly got to play.... atleast they thought so. Unfortunately the servers couldnt hold the 5 million people trying to log in and kept crashing which of-course pissed alot of people off, and in their "being mad" they yust rushed to MetaCritic and clicked the 0, they didnt rate the game for its content they rated it for its start. Diablo III is one of the best games i have seen in a long while, you should definitely check it out and dont look at he user score too much.

Follow me on twitter for more Diablo 3 news and other gaming shenanigans @nielsboschh
  54. May 22, 2012
    The game is fine. A great sequel to Diablo 2. I grew tired of the same old, rush character through Baal runs so you could "pvp". PVP consisted of swirling hammers faster than the other guy while simultaneously teleporting all over the place with no real strategy involved. Oh and let's not forget about the lovely "NKing" that was rampant. Oh and what about EVERYONE teleporting all overThe game is fine. A great sequel to Diablo 2. I grew tired of the same old, rush character through Baal runs so you could "pvp". PVP consisted of swirling hammers faster than the other guy while simultaneously teleporting all over the place with no real strategy involved. Oh and let's not forget about the lovely "NKing" that was rampant. Oh and what about EVERYONE teleporting all over the place? How was that fun? How is Diablo 3 not better than that? Fin. Expand
  55. May 22, 2012
    10 Reasons Why Diablo 3 is 10/10 (in no particular order)

1. The game feels very similar to Diablo 2. If you are one of the millions of people who LOVED Diablo 2, you will LOVE Diablo 3. 2. The skill system has been vastly improved. Gone are the days where you either play one of four cookie-cutter Hell-beating builds or die instantly. Instead, players can switch skills on the fly and
    10 Reasons Why Diablo 3 is 10/10 (in no particular order)

2. The skill system has been vastly improved. Gone are the days where you either play one of four cookie-cutter Hell-beating builds or die instantly. Instead, players can switch skills on the fly and thereby try different combinations of skills for different encounters. This adds a strategic element to the game, but it also just makes the game more fun to experience since you won't be spamming one skill for thousands of hours.

3. The game looks amazing. It may not look as polished as Skyrim or Witcher 2 on first glance, but Blizzard knows that the devil is in the details. The movements of the characters are smooth and seamless. Skills are impressive to behold. The environments are interactive and the 3D rendering adds considerable depth. The result is a game that may not boast the best screenshots but offers some of the most visceral and epic battle sequences ever created.

4. The new crafting system ensures that grinding will yield adequate rewards (at least so far). One of the biggest downsides of Diablo 2 was the dependence on getting lucky drops. The new crafting system allows you to salvage pretty much anything and turn the materials into high quality weapons and armor that actually compete with the random drops.

5. It is easy to join forces against the Prime Evils! It takes all of one click to join a friend's game and take up arms against the forces of Hell. Sure, it is nice to be able to fly solo, but this game is much more fun with a group of friends, and Blizzard has made it easier than ever to make that happen.

6. This game is worth buying just for the experience of playing Act 3 and Act 4. I will refrain from spoiling it for those who have not had the pleasure, but Blizzard really finishes the game with a bang!

7. The cutscenes are AWESOME... so is the sound!

8. By offering hardcore mode and the Inferno difficulty, the game should please serious gamers and grinders.

9. On the flip side, the game has much to offer to the casual gamer. I feel that casual gamers get drowned out in the forums, but I would wager that the vast majority of the players currently enjoying themselves in the world of Santuary have yet to beat the game on Normal. They are pacing themselves and enjoying every minute of it! The beauty of Diablo 3 is that you can have a blast playing for 10 hours OR 10 minutes... in both cases you are killing demons and finding items. As a person with a demanding job and a life outside of computer games, I appreciate a game that I can play intermittently over a very long period of time.

10. On a similar note, this game has unparalleled value. People still enjoy playing Diablo 2 even though it was released 12 years ago! This installment will not be any different - it will always be there for you when you need a quick item hunting, demon slaying fix (don't we all?). I can think of no other game that offers such replayability without a monthly charge.

There are more reasons that this game is worthy of a high rating and deserving of your hard earned dollars. I'd list more, but I'd rather play a bit more Diablo 3. See you in Sanctuary!
  56. May 22, 2012
    Amazing game, fun to get into, challenging. The storyline is decent though the ending seems a little rushed. The same atmosphere and intensity that made the earlier games magic is still present and this was definitely worth the wait.
  57. May 22, 2012
    This game is exactly what i wanted from a Diablo sequel; not really sure what everyone else was expecting or why they're whining like a bunch of little school girls. This game is so much fun to play that is actually hard to put down, kinda like Diablo 1 and 2 were back in the day, coincidence...i think not. So good job Blizzard, keep up the good work! I'm gonna go back to click clickThis game is exactly what i wanted from a Diablo sequel; not really sure what everyone else was expecting or why they're whining like a bunch of little school girls. This game is so much fun to play that is actually hard to put down, kinda like Diablo 1 and 2 were back in the day, coincidence...i think not. So good job Blizzard, keep up the good work! I'm gonna go back to click click clicking away in joyful bliss :-) Expand
  58. May 22, 2012
    New way for Action RPG, i really tired of clickin on + in my stat, this game have a pannacea with this problem, forget about forum play like what you want and if you can't win some of the enemy, don't go and train another character for this monster pack), just try another strategy.
  59. May 22, 2012
    An incredibly fun game. People rating it zero are fighting an irrelevant idealistic battle. Some of the most fun I've had in a long time. The improvements over Diablo II are huge. Overall, it's simply a very very good game.
  60. May 22, 2012
    Amazing game!
    Everyone giving it 0-3 points are just being petty. It does what it is set out to be. bucketloads of fun, killing and looting.
    AND ITS NOT DRM! its a clever online system. At least blizzard is trying something new, giving a FREE online platform that helps generate content, control looting and host co-op.
  61. May 23, 2012
    Game of the year for me. People who gave low scores mostly did so just because they could not log in the first few hours after release. Gameplay is fantastic. The more you play, the more you want to play.
  62. May 24, 2012
    You people are on freakin crack. You let a game get you all hyped up more than even the best game out there should. This is a great game. Great story. I get the feel for diablo 3. I like the new system. I like the new features. Don't expect some orgasmic trip, but if you want a great video game, Diablo 3 is for you.
  63. May 25, 2012
    La digne suite de Diablo II, il ne mérite pas moins.
    La nécessité d'avoir une connection internet fait parti de l'évolution naturelle et logique des choses, c'est son plus gros point positif (sauf la première semaine de sorti, comme tout jeu en ligne).
  64. May 25, 2012
    The game is great, the gameplay is very tight and smooth. Right now their servers are in a slightly volatile state at the moment which is to be expected of any game launch with a large population. The balancing isn't perfect which is to be expected within the first week of the launch. But I have high hopes for where the this game is going. People forget that Diablo 2 took years to getThe game is great, the gameplay is very tight and smooth. Right now their servers are in a slightly volatile state at the moment which is to be expected of any game launch with a large population. The balancing isn't perfect which is to be expected within the first week of the launch. But I have high hopes for where the this game is going. People forget that Diablo 2 took years to get to the state where people loved it. It wasn't until Lord of Destruction came out after they got a lot of feedback on Diablo 2 and the game just got more interesting and then when the synergy patch came out (1.10 I think?) it was like a brand new game. So I'm looking at this game as a long term investment with excellent short term benefits. It's a great game but the end game right now is hard for me to get into just because classes are being changed constantly for balancing and it's really hard to do anything in Inferno, the difficulty jump even from act to act is brutal. But honestly I haven't been so happy with a game in a long time. My first play through on Normal was phenominal for the story. As per usual the cinematics of the game blow anything else of this generation out of the water, and death animations of both regular monsters and bosses are astounding. Expand
  65. May 25, 2012
    This was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs orThis was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs or the login issues the first day, this is expected new games always have wrinkles to iron out, but overall this is a game well deserving of a 10! Expand
  66. May 28, 2012
    Sorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clearSorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clear and simple and everything made sense, plus the world is full of books of lore. As far as people claiming there is no single player, I have no idea what you're talking about. "Always-online" does not mean "no single player." I soloed the vast majority of the game through Normal difficulty. Also, the connection error problem is already completely irrelevant. The sound is excellent. The music is excellent. The gameplay is clean, simple, and fun. There is plenty of diversity in skills with the rune system. I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fun, well-polished game that, despite launch day issues, met my every expectation. Don't let dumb whiny kids fool you. If you want this game, get it. Expand
  67. Jun 3, 2012
    Thank Jebus for Meta-critics' policy on only accepting professional reviews to count towards a games score. At the time I am writing this review the user score is an even 4.0, whereas the reviewer score is an 89%. Slight disconnect. Diablo 3 is a solid game with both highlights, and lowlights....wich is basically always the case. The highlights: great hack n' slash, endless loot, goodThank Jebus for Meta-critics' policy on only accepting professional reviews to count towards a games score. At the time I am writing this review the user score is an even 4.0, whereas the reviewer score is an 89%. Slight disconnect. Diablo 3 is a solid game with both highlights, and lowlights....wich is basically always the case. The highlights: great hack n' slash, endless loot, good graphics, high replay value, co-op (social), good sound track, better story than most games in the genre, pvp arenas (still coming, but optimistic), humorous dialogue at points, made by Blizzard so all around quality. Lowlights: have to be online to play, and currenntly there is some latency issues, non-sensible gear at points (bothers me at least), nothing new...only refined, some bugs. With that being said this is a solid game that will bring a lot of enjoyment and life waisting oppurtunity to those who like the genre, series, or Blizzard games in general. I highly recommend this game and would like to reasure those worried about any initial bugs, and latency issues that this game was made by Blizzard...they will be corrected. Also, for all those haters, Blizzard takes a decade to release games, and that is also responsible for the quality output. I feel they were doing all the Gaming community a favor by putting the game out when they did, instead of waiting another six months. We could still be waiting at which point you "0" scorers would still be complaining. Stop crying...pick up larping if your world is shattered. No game deserves a "0", maybe a "1" if it's Barbies' playhouse, but come on. Expand
  68. Jun 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely a game to remember. The new Diablo mechanism with 6 active skills to be distributed and 3 passive skills is pretty great. I believe it was based on Guild Wars. The single player game is a great entertainment in normal difficult. The Nightmare is when the game really starts. In Hell, it is basically when the game calls for a multiplayer experience, which is great, by the way. The only problem with this game that makes the score a 9, not a 10, is the story. It's not a bad story, it is a normal story that the good wins, differently from Diablo 2, which Baal wins on normal game and the worldstone is corrupted on the Lord of Destruction expansion. The fact that all goes bad and on the end everything is alright is the problem of the story. What happened is something really huge and amazing when it happens, but the simple way that the "hero" solves the problem makes that problem appears really weak, which it is not. In terms of story, Diablo 2 is tremendously better, but it does not makes Diablo 3 a game to be forgotten. The gameplay and online experience will be there to hold a lot of players. Expand
  69. Jun 4, 2012
    Great update to a legendary franchise. All of the Diablo 2 hack and slash action in a more streamlined package. My only complaint is the addition of the DRM. It's a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. Pirates are always going to find a way to pirate games and all DRMs do is frustrate paying customers.
  70. Jun 12, 2012
    this game is awful, and im a HUGE blizzard fan. at first i noticed i couldnt customize the look of my toon, yet.. its an rpg.. that right there says it all.. but the gameplay is terrible.. point click point click.. boring, where am i? no world map.. wow, no world map?! at that point i gave up, game sucks.
  71. Jun 30, 2013
    It`s a Blizzard Game, and Blizzard makes always very good Games. Do not listen to the 0/10 Points Reviews, the most People make this because they hate to be Online, Error 37, the Auction House or the difficult Gameplay on Inferno. It was made really easier by Blizzard)
    Yeah, you Need to Farm für Month the same Levels, but this was in Diablo 2 and 1 even so.
    When you Score the

When you Score the Gameplay, the Game gets a 8 oder 9 off 10. The Game is even better than Tochlight, Path of Exile ore any other Hack&Slay
  72. Oct 4, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a fun game that lasts a few hundred hours. The reason I'm giving it a 9 is because compared to other loot games I've played, it is the best. Better than Borderlands, Torchlight, and in my opinion, better than Diablo 2, it is the best loot game available right now. On paper it doesn't seem like that should be true. After all, there is very little "actual" content in D3. TheDiablo 3 is a fun game that lasts a few hundred hours. The reason I'm giving it a 9 is because compared to other loot games I've played, it is the best. Better than Borderlands, Torchlight, and in my opinion, better than Diablo 2, it is the best loot game available right now. On paper it doesn't seem like that should be true. After all, there is very little "actual" content in D3. The story is absolutely terrible, level design is average, and there aren't that many weapon/armor portraits. But what made me want to come back is the gameplay. Beating inferno with a wizard is reasonably challenging, and also a completely different experience from beating it with a witch doctor. So even though I ran through the same content, the game still provided new and interesting challenges when I played with a different class. Also, the gameplay (when your internet is working) is absolutely flawless. You will not find a more polished feeling than in Diablo 3.

I also really appreciate the apparent care with which Blizzard has been patching the game. It's already a less frustrating, more interesting game than it was in May, and future patches along with the big pvp patch should make it even better. It would have been nice if some stuff was fixed beforehand, but honestly it's a little unreasonable to expect Blizzard to foresee every balancing issue that has arisen.
    All that said, do not get this game if you play games more for the world-experience or story, because you'll see everything there is to see in 20 hours and it won't even be that great. If, however, you're like me and appreciate gameplay more than anything else, you'll probably enjoy Diablo 3. I doubt it's anybody's favorite game ever, but it's worth $60.
  73. Oct 9, 2012
    Diablo3 is an amazing game, though it does many things differently to Diablo2. It makes these changes to simplify gameplay and make the game more accessible to people new to the franchise. If you prefer how Diablo 2 did things, perhaps check out Torchlight.

Diablo 3 has some great graphics, amazing sound track and voice acting and solid game play. The gameplay gets repetitive after 100hours but at that point the game has been worth the purchase.

The game did launch with several problems which caused many people on this site to give it terrible reviews. Since launch a lot of new content has been added to address these, thus many of the user reviews on this site are outdated at best, some are just unfair.

The only negetive this game gets from me is that the always online requirement. Having battle.net's social aspects added to the game isnt enough to validate the always online requirement. IE: It causes more problems than it enhances the experience.
  74. Oct 21, 2012
    Way better than Diablo 2. Blizzard thankfully took all the annoying things in D2 and changed them. The story is fine, but the dialogs and the whole screenplay is terrible. The skill system is simply amazing, the items are way better and the stat screen although not perfect is at least informative compared to the random numbers in D2 char screen.
  75. Nov 4, 2012
    While not a perfect game, Diablo 3 offers a tremendous experience. The game is fantastic, accompanied by a easy to learn new skill system and the much appreciated inclusion of an auction house. While the game does not have the best graphics out there, its understandable due to it being a dungeon crawler and focusing more on the gameplay. The story isn't great, and at times i found myselfWhile not a perfect game, Diablo 3 offers a tremendous experience. The game is fantastic, accompanied by a easy to learn new skill system and the much appreciated inclusion of an auction house. While the game does not have the best graphics out there, its understandable due to it being a dungeon crawler and focusing more on the gameplay. The story isn't great, and at times i found myself skipping cut scenes except for the CG cutscenes, which are fantastically animated. The game isn't all that difficult, but thanks to the recent inclusion of Monster Powers, it really takes the difficulty up a notch. There is a TON of loot for you to collect, equip, or sell on the AH. Now lets talk about the major flaw of the game: constant internet connection. Sure, if you have a decent modem the game will run just, but for the less fortunate, this is a problem. The game will lag, even if you're not playing on coop and if someone else is using your internet, say your bigger brother watching porn, the game will experience a serious lag. These weren't issues to me, since my modem is fairly decent. Overall, this is a fantastic game, one you should definitely pick up, if your wondering about the low user score its because everyone tried to log on at launch date and the game had to experience a serious lag, almost crashing the servers, so just ignore those reviews. To sum up: Story 8.5/10 Gameplay 10/10 Graphics 9/10 Lasting appeal 10/10 Expand
  76. Oct 4, 2013
    Diablo 3 in it`s base form is troughfuly crafted game. That`s the base to build better loot system, balance, possibilities, fun. You can hate this game if you played Diablo 2, but mostly is because you never understand what Diablo 3 is. And you`re hater of course. But you also can love(!) the game. And thats something what hater never want let go. I love this game to death. I wish itDiablo 3 in it`s base form is troughfuly crafted game. That`s the base to build better loot system, balance, possibilities, fun. You can hate this game if you played Diablo 2, but mostly is because you never understand what Diablo 3 is. And you`re hater of course. But you also can love(!) the game. And thats something what hater never want let go. I love this game to death. I wish it better and glory future. Game it`s funy, epic, with greatly optimized control, combat system, amazing world, atmosphere of battle against evil itself, Also has great interface, item system and easy way to play with friends. And what is absolutely astonishing is creating a builds. I`m absolutely hot about this thing. It`s funny, variable and hard to learn. Expand
  77. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's been over a year since the release of this game and as all the dust has for the most part settled from the initial fiasco of the internet connectivity issues and a solution for the terrible idea that was the real money auction house (just get rid of it entirely). All in all I've got to say, this game is one of the best dungeon crawlers I've experienced in a long while. I do believe that despite Blizzard being a very successful company, they sure do have a horrible fanbase. The community is some of the worst cases of self-entitlement I've ever seen. They really just feel that the longer they play a game they hate the more Blizzard will break down and do something...in actuality most of us actually enjoy Blizzard's games very much (this one included) and really those who hate it are a small minority who seem to enjoy torturing themselves with "mediocre" games until someone fixes it, which really never happens in their mind. Expand
  78. Dec 21, 2013
    Wow! 3.8 user score........ people be raging... Well let me start off by saying that i played this game from closed beta then played it for about 6 months after release, Blizzard did make some bad decisions, with the Real money AH and making it pay to win... but they did learn the hard way it seems, because they are taking it out of the game entirely. I would also like to mention thatWow! 3.8 user score........ people be raging... Well let me start off by saying that i played this game from closed beta then played it for about 6 months after release, Blizzard did make some bad decisions, with the Real money AH and making it pay to win... but they did learn the hard way it seems, because they are taking it out of the game entirely. I would also like to mention that diablo 2 had a lot of flaws in it as well and it was much more popular when LOD came out, Reaper of souls is addressing just about every issue that people below have wined and complained about. Even after all the frustration and let downs diablo 3 today is still a game that i play and have over 600 hours of time logged in and i will continue to enjoy for years to come! Expand
  79. Jan 8, 2014
    Diablo 3 is a good game. It disappoints in some aspects and really appeals in others. The start up bugs are ironed out and the experience is enjoyable but flawed. The plot has serious flaws and the game progress feels very rigid. Its fun how you can change your skills quickly as you choose but the game comes down to being an item grind. Best gear makes the best character and that's theDiablo 3 is a good game. It disappoints in some aspects and really appeals in others. The start up bugs are ironed out and the experience is enjoyable but flawed. The plot has serious flaws and the game progress feels very rigid. Its fun how you can change your skills quickly as you choose but the game comes down to being an item grind. Best gear makes the best character and that's the whole purpose of the game. Its an enjoyable experience overall when approached without overwhelming expectations. Expand
  80. Mar 21, 2014
    When Diablo III first released it was quite a let down. The loot system was broken, it was a slog to level up characters through the far too easy normal and nightmare settings, and the auction house sucked the soul out of what Diablo is at its core. However, since patch 2.0 it's a whole new game. The smart loot system actually drops useful gear that is tailored to your character, theWhen Diablo III first released it was quite a let down. The loot system was broken, it was a slog to level up characters through the far too easy normal and nightmare settings, and the auction house sucked the soul out of what Diablo is at its core. However, since patch 2.0 it's a whole new game. The smart loot system actually drops useful gear that is tailored to your character, the revamped difficulty system lets you get down to the right challenge immediately and many boss encounters have been revamped to add more variation and challenge. This is the Diablo III that should have been released day one. Expand
  81. May 15, 2012
    great game. diverse and different in all the best ways from the original. few clunky issues with interface and server issues on first day, but overall, great.
  82. May 15, 2012
    Game is fun and the battles get epic. Not the same game as diablo 2 but rather the evolution with outstanding visuals and carnage you cant get enough of. To all the crying... Haters gonna hate.
  83. May 15, 2012
    Great Game. If you love the other D1 and D2 you will love this, too many people complaining about a Release date.. of course its going to have server problems. only negative thing i have to say about Diablo 3 is that the single player should of stayed in, But can you blame them? players always trying to hack and dupe items, they are just trying to make it enjoyable for everyone.
  84. May 15, 2012
    Hey guys come on! Distribute points where they are always the same by the class you are... the automatic unlock of skills when you level up... please they only save us some useless time. The game is all about fun. Keep the game alive is the devs only worry., and guess.. they do it
  85. May 15, 2012
    As someone who played both Diablo and Diablo 2 when they were originally released, but not for long after, I am enjoying D3 so far. I'm about 6 hours in playing a Barbarian and quite happy with the progression so far. Act 2 definitely brings back some of the classic Diablo feel, the sand wasps with their poison bugs remind me of those stupid little pygmies from Act 3 of D2. I honestlyAs someone who played both Diablo and Diablo 2 when they were originally released, but not for long after, I am enjoying D3 so far. I'm about 6 hours in playing a Barbarian and quite happy with the progression so far. Act 2 definitely brings back some of the classic Diablo feel, the sand wasps with their poison bugs remind me of those stupid little pygmies from Act 3 of D2. I honestly don't give a crap about the supposed lack of customizable skills for the characters as I hated getting locked into a **** spec through ignorance in D2. And since the action bars can be set up any way you like, it does add a custom feel to each character. While I don't really like the fact you can't access single player games when the servers are down, the login problems will be sorted out soon and everyone will get to play. It's day one people, get a grip. Expand
  86. May 15, 2012
    Played 20 minutes on my single player diablo 3 save file and got kicked off the internet. I CAN'T wait until I can log back into my awesome single player game and make a new character because I lost all of my progress.
  87. May 15, 2012
    A fantastic game that thus far holds great comparison to d2 (aka the greatest game ever) with improved features and game play. Although I am quite disappointed with the skill system and the option for real money items and online only game play there is no way that d3 can be rated as a bad game.
  88. May 15, 2012
    Great game. Launch has nothing to do with the actual enjoyment factor of this game, please ignore cry babies. Cut-scenes are great, story is entertaining, game play is solid, music is great, atmosphere is immersive. Playing with friends is extra enjoyable. Extremely pleased with how well the launch went considering how many people are actually trying to play. Got in and stayed on withGreat game. Launch has nothing to do with the actual enjoyment factor of this game, please ignore cry babies. Cut-scenes are great, story is entertaining, game play is solid, music is great, atmosphere is immersive. Playing with friends is extra enjoyable. Extremely pleased with how well the launch went considering how many people are actually trying to play. Got in and stayed on with 4 friends for 7 hours with 0 problems. Haters gonna hate. Expand
  89. May 15, 2012
    Love it! Of course there were some launch hiccups with thousands trying to login at once, but it's an awesome game! I'm hooked! Don't believe the low ratings, they are here due to a thread on blizzard and are just mad kids.
  90. May 15, 2012
    Disregarding all the 0 reviews (which just about all are raging about nothing), I've had no problems playing aside from 1 bug (which they can fix much quicker than constantly putting out patches). It is just as addicting as diablo 2 was, if not more. The graphics still give me the same diablo feeling 1 and 2 did. The sound I suppose could use a bit better work, but it's not like itDisregarding all the 0 reviews (which just about all are raging about nothing), I've had no problems playing aside from 1 bug (which they can fix much quicker than constantly putting out patches). It is just as addicting as diablo 2 was, if not more. The graphics still give me the same diablo feeling 1 and 2 did. The sound I suppose could use a bit better work, but it's not like it downgraded since diablo 2. The constant internet connection could be a drag for some, but it's not that bad of a requirement.

Some of the things being complained about are just silly. Why do you need character customization when they wear armor that covers their body and, at times, their face? Why is there a need for stat points when everyone would do the same thing anyways like in diablo 2? Why are you complaining about an auction house if it had no negative effects on you personally (meaning don't use it)?
  91. May 15, 2012
    I'm a long time player of the Diablo series and very much enjoy this latest installment. Negative people here are just ridiculous and have no idea what they are talking about let alone the effort put into a game like this. I like the improved play, especially not having the constant town portal and identify scrolls. I like the new skill system and not being locked into a set therebyI'm a long time player of the Diablo series and very much enjoy this latest installment. Negative people here are just ridiculous and have no idea what they are talking about let alone the effort put into a game like this. I like the improved play, especially not having the constant town portal and identify scrolls. I like the new skill system and not being locked into a set thereby nerfing characters. I enjoy the new cinematic and graphics. I don't know what people were expecting about character customization. Diablo was never about that. It's about killing, lewt and fighting in a party. These people want to compare it to games that it is not and they should be ignored. Good game so far and the server issues will resolve shortly. Expand
  92. May 15, 2012
    Awesome game. I have been waiting 10 years for this game. It has been pure awesomeness so far. Sure they removed a few things and simplified eveything but so far i'm not missing it. The play is great, the characters refreshing and the skills awesellent (awesome + excellent). You dont need a high end pc to play either. It should play on any laptop. Its too bad about the early server issuesAwesome game. I have been waiting 10 years for this game. It has been pure awesomeness so far. Sure they removed a few things and simplified eveything but so far i'm not missing it. The play is great, the characters refreshing and the skills awesellent (awesome + excellent). You dont need a high end pc to play either. It should play on any laptop. Its too bad about the early server issues but once it started working i had a great time. Well worth the price. Expand
  93. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the trolls, this is a solidly fun game. If you liked Torchlight, Borderlands, or YES Diablo II, you'll find plenty to like in this game. NEWSFLASH: The core appeal of these games is the loot pinata, not feeling like you're special because you googled a spec list so you can feel superior to a hypothetical person who didn't. Do you like killing things, smashing them, and the feelingIgnore the trolls, this is a solidly fun game. If you liked Torchlight, Borderlands, or YES Diablo II, you'll find plenty to like in this game. NEWSFLASH: The core appeal of these games is the loot pinata, not feeling like you're special because you googled a spec list so you can feel superior to a hypothetical person who didn't. Do you like killing things, smashing them, and the feeling of being an overpowered badass? Great, Diablo III has plenty of that, in way more stripes than Diablo II! Expand
  94. May 15, 2012
    As a d2 veteran (HcPlayer89 @ JSP #1 during EHCL resets twice >> Team Gnar.. Yah you remember us..) I tell you all... This Game ROCKS.. I mean WOW! Every single encounter is so epic. We play HARDCORE so our heart beats are racing the entire time! This knocks the panties off D2. Customization... Character uniqueness .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've changed my build completely almost everyAs a d2 veteran (HcPlayer89 @ JSP #1 during EHCL resets twice >> Team Gnar.. Yah you remember us..) I tell you all... This Game ROCKS.. I mean WOW! Every single encounter is so epic. We play HARDCORE so our heart beats are racing the entire time! This knocks the panties off D2. Customization... Character uniqueness .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've changed my build completely almost every single level! (to the point where my "party role" has changed from tank, dps, healer, and CC on just my MONK! ONE CHARACTER!!) Okay, so the launch has some issues. It is expected.. I had a full party of 4 at my house at 3:00 a.m. eastern time, and not one of us expected to be on the server before 4:30. Yah.. error 37 for an hour or two, but we all four played to level 20 in HC, and are now napping while these updates happen. :D 10/10 all the way GO BLIZZ! Expand
  95. May 15, 2012
    Great game so far. Small hitch on launch day but gee several million people are trying to log in. You see several different little style things that link it back to one and two. The game runs great, plays great. I really cannot say enough good things about it. There has been some downtime, but every realistic adult playing the game fully expected that to be the case on launch day.
  96. May 15, 2012
    Extremely impressed. Game play is extremely smooth and basic. Reminds me of D2 with a modern feel. Can't wait to actually see the good reviews this game deserves start flowing in.
  97. May 15, 2012
    Great game, the classes are awesome, looks and feels great. The quests are fun and not too tedious, the graphics engine is awesome and can lead to some hilarious animations.-----

My only complaint is that DC passes away
  98. May 15, 2012
    This game is getting a ten out of ten from me, and after everyone else quits whining about the servers, they'll come to agree. I've been waiting over ten years for this, I can handle a day or two of **** service.
  99. May 15, 2012
    This game is great, yes they went a different direction but i for one enjoy the little taste of new, its fine ad plenty of people are being negative, theres a trial feature so you may try for yourself
  100. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has made an excellent, polished game that is genuinely fun. It was well worth my purchase. Many people are frustrated with some server instability on launch day, but maybe they should have thought ahead and not taken weeks off of work and checked their wives and kids into a hotel so they can be all alone with their precious... Feel free to ignore them, the game is excellent.
  101. May 15, 2012
    Crows take flight, accompanied by violins singing rapidly as you begin your journey in Diablo III, what wonders await? What a beautiful game. Just watching the building burn in the distance against the misty clouds which float across the full moon is enough to take your breath away. The DIABLO III logo shines in glorious gold and red as a lone crow motions in majestic redundancy below, andCrows take flight, accompanied by violins singing rapidly as you begin your journey in Diablo III, what wonders await? What a beautiful game. Just watching the building burn in the distance against the misty clouds which float across the full moon is enough to take your breath away. The DIABLO III logo shines in glorious gold and red as a lone crow motions in majestic redundancy below, and slightly to the right. But that's not all, there is a solitary, gnarled tree dominating the left hand of the foreground, twisted and haunting atop a rocky hill. Another crow sits in that tree... I have spent many-a-hour of game-play just wondering what they crow must be thinking. Millions will certainly get hours upon hours of game-play examining the gray-green grass, swaying hypnotically in the breeze amidst puffs of smoke. The options page is brilliant, and there is a whole list of categories labeled "Act I" to "Act IV" under the cinematics category. One piece of criticism I must point out is that the credits are awfully boring, and there are many empty text fields and a "News" section obstructing my field of view at all times. But all things considered, this is a masterpiece which certainly deserves the Game of the Year Award. God bless you, Blizzard, God bless you. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012