4.0

1. Aug 26, 2012
    I will say the game wasn't great when it first came out, but since patch 1.0.4 has come out i have been playing everyday. Love the new paragon system cause you feel like your making progress regardless of if you get a new piece of gear or not as each level gives you 3% damage and 1%hp and xp doesnt take forever to gain so if you dont have alot of time say 20 minutes to play you can stillI will say the game wasn't great when it first came out, but since patch 1.0.4 has come out i have been playing everyday. Love the new paragon system cause you feel like your making progress regardless of if you get a new piece of gear or not as each level gives you 3% damage and 1%hp and xp doesnt take forever to gain so if you dont have alot of time say 20 minutes to play you can still gain 1 million xp in that time and you still feel like your making progress. It was something this game sorely needed and was a great choice. Its a very rewarding system imo.
    I will also say this game is in its infancy, every other diablo game was pretty bad when it first came out as well and there now critically acclaimed as some of the best arpg's ever.

I wouldnt have given this game a 10 pre patch 1.0.4 but now im having a great time and it has re-taken my life so now it is worth every bit of that 10 to me.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    Not nearly as bad as people describe it, I consider this a pretty good game although I'm not much of a fan of ARPG genre. For the best gaming experience I recommend not using the auction house feature as you really don't need the stuff to progress as some people say. The only reason I'm not giving it a ten is the story which really isn't something special, but on the other hand, there areNot nearly as bad as people describe it, I consider this a pretty good game although I'm not much of a fan of ARPG genre. For the best gaming experience I recommend not using the auction house feature as you really don't need the stuff to progress as some people say. The only reason I'm not giving it a ten is the story which really isn't something special, but on the other hand, there are in-game books which fill out some of the lore gaps. If you like to progress and don't mind trying out something new ( not just some kind of diablo 2.5) nor playing the same content again, you should enjoy playing this game. Expand
  3. Jan 25, 2013
    Best Hack & Slay & Loot I've ever played!

Innovative skill systems, which let's you adept your way of playing and strategy according to current difficulty and equipment. You can have a challenge on high mp or just be godlike on low mp, just the way you want for your current game session. Polished gameplay. things, that still have to be done - more variation and customization
    Best Hack & Slay & Loot I've ever played!

Polished gameplay.

things, that still have to be done - more variation and customization for the equipment dyes for sets/legendary more legendary/sets.
    - more levels - there are still some bugs, which are frustrating e.g. monk dashing strike bug

Why 10 and not 9 or 8 even so not everything is perfect?!

Blizzard is constantly improving the game!
    if you played it since release (as I did) you would realize immediately, that this company is keen to satisfy the community!

I understand that some players were frustrated at the beginning because of server problems, but rating a game 0 or 1 because of that is just hilarious.

And yes the game is repetitive in terms of location and enemies If you are not willing to play the same locations over and over again, i wouldn't recommend this game for you!

You can also be sure, they will not transform d3 in d2(part2), what a lot of people here seems to want - but some people like me, are really glad they will never do...
  4. Apr 5, 2013
    A Masterpiece of Art, uplifting Mythology, sound, mystery, etc. I LOVE IT NOW PLAYING INFERNO LEVEL. Will play again and again to better understand the mythology and relationships of the STORY which many gamers don't know how to follow.
  5. May 22, 2013
    when the game came out is was lashed at by the millions who bought it due to being quite literally unplayable, and when it is playable it was barely even recognised as the game us fans loved, the combat and levelling up was streamlined the levels where more linear and builds where focused around items more so, although the RMAH was a bad idea without it the game would be much harder towhen the game came out is was lashed at by the millions who bought it due to being quite literally unplayable, and when it is playable it was barely even recognised as the game us fans loved, the combat and levelling up was streamlined the levels where more linear and builds where focused around items more so, although the RMAH was a bad idea without it the game would be much harder to play but other then the initial problems the game is fun.
    combat is fluid and polished
    killing is fun as ****
    looting is as fun as ever
    if you can get past the initial flaws you will like this game.
  6. Oct 3, 2014
    I'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in theyI'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in they throw at them but this time have made the game exceptionally easy to keep them playing to milk them for more money with the ridiculous ingame cash shop. The cash shop being the biggest reason this game is getting a big fat zero from me. Cash shops are only allowed in games that didn't cost anything to play in the first place and even then should only sell cosmetic items while with Diablo 3 not only are they over charging for a PC game they're going to push players into continuously spending a lot of money to buy the best weapons which will kill any fun or motive to dungeon crawl to find loot which is exactly what these games are all abou Expand
  7. May 25, 2012
    How many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just askHow many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just ask yourself this, who isn't exaggerating when they review this? The haters? Or the supporters? There is no way, even with all the complaints some of these people have that it's a 0, 1, or a 2. That's just simply unrealistic. I scored it out to an 8.4 But I'm gonna give it a 9, just so I can get more dislikes on this post. Haters gonna hate. Expand
  8. May 15, 2012
    Amazing! Superb, Fantastic! Wow this game is so perfect! i wish i could play it all morning but i gotta go to school :( I dont know how people arent liking it by now, maybe "connection error" at much? happy killling :)
  9. May 15, 2012
    I admit this review is unfairly high, as I have only experienced ~3 hours of content so far. However, I rank the game this high because Blizzard has never disappointed me before and the masses of self-entitled jerks skewing the rankings with a 0 need to be counteracted.

The only reason people are ranking the game so low is because the servers were over-whelmed on launch. What do you expect with a global launch of Amazon.com's most pre-ordered game EVER?

I too had trouble logging in last night, as well as the ~4 million other people trying to log in. So I went to bed, and 6 hours later the game functioned perfectly.

TL;DR - Whiny self-entitled kids gave a great game an unfairly low score.
  10. May 15, 2012
    I find it funny that Diablo has been metabombed. The only reason why the score is so low is that whiners/people who can't log in are dropping the score while EVERYONE else is in game and enjoying it. It's an amazing game, yet there are 2 camps of people who will hate it. 1) People who wear rose colored glasses, who mock and deject the games new features (RMAH, free floating talentI find it funny that Diablo has been metabombed. The only reason why the score is so low is that whiners/people who can't log in are dropping the score while EVERYONE else is in game and enjoying it. It's an amazing game, yet there are 2 camps of people who will hate it. 1) People who wear rose colored glasses, who mock and deject the games new features (RMAH, free floating talent system) without understanding the necessity. These are also the people who think the stat allocation/talent trees were a good idea. These people get their jollies off thinking themselves as amazing game developers and the voice of the people, and it's funny because the games that support their voice (SWTOR, Torchlight) play horribly dull because those mechanics just don't work anymore 2) People who get upset really easy and either couldn't afford the game or can't log in Expand
  11. May 15, 2012
    Whiners gonna whine. I love the game and i think that a lot of people are whining like hell, i give it 10/10 because it is like i expected, and until now i have loved every second of it
  12. May 15, 2012
    This game is a work of art, the graphics are obviously not supposed to be like Call of Duty or Battlefield, they're supposed to be unique to reflect the darkness of the world of sanctuary. The game play was exactly what i hopped it would be and the loot system is very rewarding. I was a little irked about the removal of skill point but this was easily over looked by the greatness ofThis game is a work of art, the graphics are obviously not supposed to be like Call of Duty or Battlefield, they're supposed to be unique to reflect the darkness of the world of sanctuary. The game play was exactly what i hopped it would be and the loot system is very rewarding. I was a little irked about the removal of skill point but this was easily over looked by the greatness of every moment playing the game. This game is remarkable and everyone giving it bad reviews i.e. 0s are whinny children who are upset that they couldn't log on the moment the servers went live. People have to understand that 5 million people can not simultaneously log on to blizzards servers. Expand
  13. Sep 26, 2012
    Well...4 months since launch and it is still absolutely terrible. Buy torchlight 2, borderlands 2, literally any other game but this. Blizzard has built a "game" that was never intended to be a fun user experience it was intended to gouge its playerbase for $ in the RMAH. This is the most unrewarding game released in a long time and it isn't even close.
  14. Xon
    Jan 25, 2013
    IGNORE THE HATERS

There is much to enjoy and admire in this game, if this is your cup of tea. personally, I've spent countless hours replaying the game with different characters. I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun,
    IGNORE THE HATERS

I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun, perhaps you will too.
  15. May 15, 2012
    Trying to bump up the score because of trolls. Oh and it's a great game, the servers are down? Cry more, they're obviously trying to fix them. I hate you entitled piece of **** "gamers" so much, now gtfo and play some other game.
  16. May 15, 2012
    Its exceeded my expectations and I've loved it thoroughly so far. I loved the game since I was a kid and it has hit the Diablo standard I had for it and then added another level to that complexity to make it an amazing game.
  17. May 15, 2012
    Haven't beat the game yet, but I love it. Music (Soundtrack), graphics (backdrops, spell effects, character portraits & models), and game play are all masterful. Yes, there are server issues, and with Blizzard's Battle.net paradigm these problems are understandable. You might have to wait a bit for service to work flawlessly, but Blizz typically does not disappoint. Perhaps most strikingHaven't beat the game yet, but I love it. Music (Soundtrack), graphics (backdrops, spell effects, character portraits & models), and game play are all masterful. Yes, there are server issues, and with Blizzard's Battle.net paradigm these problems are understandable. You might have to wait a bit for service to work flawlessly, but Blizz typically does not disappoint. Perhaps most striking about this game is the potential it shows -- PvP is missing, there are few character customization options, and the storyline is on the short side (though not at all if you include the various difficulties), but it's easy to tell that Blizzard will do *a lot* with this game. The diehards are all spamming negative reviews about the Real Money Auction House making the game a "pay-to-win" game and capitalizing on this(not so, read the D3 RMAH FAQ on the D3 site), the always online requirement for the game(if you understand the nature of Battle.net, this becomes a non-issue), and that it's like WoW (there are influences, yes, but these games are incredibly dissimilar for many, many reasons). Based on the expectations I'm hearing, I'm not sure what many of them were hoping for. Of course most of it boils down to sad drivel like this: "this game is **** away from it at all costs,it is extremely dumbed down and downright boring to play,i so regret buying this game,it is a wow clone". Diehard trolls aside, this is a fantastic game -- definitely money well spent! (D3:CE) Expand
  18. May 15, 2012
    This is not Diablo 2. It is not the same as Diablo 2. however, it is a worthy successor, keeping the engaging and addicting gameplay while tweaking a few things here and there. Give it a try before dismissing it. This will certainly be a wild ride!
  19. May 15, 2012
    Worth sequel well worth what I paid & waited for. Everything is improved upon, fun and bloody. Already spent hours just being nostalgic and slaughtering tons of demons. I can't wait for more of the end game bosses, the classes are extremely bad ass to play with, my personal choice Barbarian.
  20. May 15, 2012
    This game is everything I wanted it to be and more! So so good! Kudos Bilzzard! Once the servers become stable I think this game is going to be incredible!
  21. May 15, 2012
    The game is great. With the exception of the expected blizzard fail on launch day (does it actually still surprise people that blizzard ALWAYS fails on launch day?), it plays smooth. Visuals are nice, music is phenomenal, the gameplay/combat is smooth and fluid. The attribute/Talent removal was a little odd, but the skill selection being capped at 6 on your bar, and the rune system reallyThe game is great. With the exception of the expected blizzard fail on launch day (does it actually still surprise people that blizzard ALWAYS fails on launch day?), it plays smooth. Visuals are nice, music is phenomenal, the gameplay/combat is smooth and fluid. The attribute/Talent removal was a little odd, but the skill selection being capped at 6 on your bar, and the rune system really allow you to make your abilities the way you want them. It allows you to pick/choose your skills without having to have specific ones talented into to make you 'cookie cutter' since they are all unlocked anyhow. I've played as much as I could today with servers being down and having to work, and I'm loving it so far. If you are expecting a graphically updated diablo 2, you will be disappointed. This is a new game with new mechanics, but I am enjoying it so far. The crafting system is very different from anything that was in diablo 2, and its a nice change of pace to give you something to do with your random items/gold laying around. Expand
  22. May 16, 2012
    The game is great and I like it a lot. Act 1 is easy cause it is for training and there are people who cant see it, plus you are playing at normal. Mixed feelings wth the DRM, but it does not bother me. RMAH, okay someone wants to pay for stuff, it does not affect your gameplay. You dont need customization with skillpoints cause you put it always the same way. If you cant log in game andThe game is great and I like it a lot. Act 1 is easy cause it is for training and there are people who cant see it, plus you are playing at normal. Mixed feelings wth the DRM, but it does not bother me. RMAH, okay someone wants to pay for stuff, it does not affect your gameplay. You dont need customization with skillpoints cause you put it always the same way. If you cant log in game and never played the game, dont rate it. Expand
  23. May 16, 2012
    Torchlight 2 > Diablo 3. Many of the original developers of Diablo 1 and 2 worked on that game and it shows. Diablo 3 is just fancy colors and is lacking in-depth addictive gameplay.
  24. May 16, 2012
    I love this game. I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 for years, and even if this game is different from first 2 titles, I've found it amazing. It's all I'm waiting for: fast action hack'n'slash game with some rpg elements. And every new level it adds me more choice to build my character. I can't wait to ding level 60 so I can appreciate this game at its best.
  25. May 16, 2012
    Had a lot of issues with the servers, But when I did get to play I had tons of fun! I played all the diablo titles and This one so far is my favorite.
  26. May 16, 2012
    "Uhhhh this game sucks because nobody can log-in!" has been the last 24 hours' chorus, and I undoubtedly support the idea that a DRM forcing you to log-in even when in Single Player can upset somebody. Now, please, think again: Blizzard justified the online-thingy placing online features in the SP mode too, at least, not like others which force you to log and check every time, without"Uhhhh this game sucks because nobody can log-in!" has been the last 24 hours' chorus, and I undoubtedly support the idea that a DRM forcing you to log-in even when in Single Player can upset somebody. Now, please, think again: Blizzard justified the online-thingy placing online features in the SP mode too, at least, not like others which force you to log and check every time, without "feeling" the game as "online". You can like this, or don't, but it's a choice that brought classical online related problems, nothing more or less than that. Next in line "The graphic sucks! It's not like Diablo 2!" of course it isn't. DIII is not like DII in the same way DII was not like Diablo itself, with all the deserts, swamps, mountain etcetera. We all can say there were no "blue colored tendencies" in the first two games, but still, I can't see where it's wrong having them for a start. I myself am a GM for many RPGs, and when I tell a dark story, I don't get upset because my wizard wants to dress yellow, or because somebody describes his/her spell as "colourful", nor do I accuse them to be "WOW themed". Next, again: "The artistic direction is too much like WOW!" okaaay, calm down, let's have a look at Starcraft II. Now, look again. Doesn't it seem like WOW? No? That's because it's setting is Sci-Fi, the artistic idea behind it is pretty much the same. The new Blizzard's artistic direction is this, you like it or you don't, deal with it. I won't dislike a game because it's different from its predecessor. I don't like WOW graphics, true, but that's mainly because I have a low poly model for my PC right in my face, and not looking at it from a distance. Next: "It's all flat and automatic! No skill trees or customizable characteristics!" do you hear yourselves? Have you even tried to make something different from a Hammerdin or some other somebody-else-made builds in DII? If you did, does the lack of customizable characteristics upset you? Thanks. I personally made a strange face when I understood that skills could be changed only through Skill Runes, but this WILL necessary lead to a multitude of different builds, since one WON'T be overpowered than another, so no more Hammerdins, and no more lame builds. Have fun slashing and killing with your personal build, and get away with the loot. More: "The story is flat, dialogues are below standard!" again, think of Diablo II. Do you remember particularly epic moments beside cutscenes? This is Diablo, it's an ARPG, it's mostly about casting, slashing and stepping on your foes' corpses, Has this stopped you from playing DII two, three or more times in a row? I don't think so. Just a final thought, the "art" in DIII is incredible, the way they played with the knowledge that the game would be seen from one perspective only in the making of scenery, effects, etcetera is beyond imagination, and I love it, with its colours and its "notsomuchlikethefirsttwoonesness". It is okay if you don't like something, somebody wants to shoot at me because I don't like the Uncharted franchise for an example, but this won't keep me from giving a 10 to a game I waited so much for, and I love, even if it has moved in another direction from his roots. Expand
  27. May 16, 2012
    Believe me, I would love to live in a world where this game is a 3.6, but it's simply not. It's polished, fun, and what you would expect from Blizzard. It's and updated D2, that has been streamlined on the skill point and attribute end. The "hardcore" players can say what they want, but I've been playing since the original Diablo and they are for the best. You don't have to look up a buildBelieve me, I would love to live in a world where this game is a 3.6, but it's simply not. It's polished, fun, and what you would expect from Blizzard. It's and updated D2, that has been streamlined on the skill point and attribute end. The "hardcore" players can say what they want, but I've been playing since the original Diablo and they are for the best. You don't have to look up a build on the internet and make sure you put the exact right points in all their places, and feel remorseful if you didn't. You just bash demon skulls, which is why you play Diablo... So, let the flamers flame, It's still a good game!

Also, the errors are almost all attributed to the servers, which is just something we should expect with an online required game. They will even out after a day or two. Kiddies these days expect perfection from everything. If it isn't purrrfect on day one they Flame On, it's ridiculous. Most of the people who rated 0 on here will still play and love the game. Do I fully agree with the DRM? No, but it or any other feature in the game a surprise? No, exactly as f-ing advertised. Quit crying and go play the game!
  28. May 16, 2012
    People can say what they want, but most of the changes are for the best. If you played all the Diablo's it is easy to see within about 5 minutes that it is more fun, more depth, and takes more skill to play. Diablo 3 is amazing.
  29. May 17, 2012
    Incredible. Blizzard has really blown me away here. The game is incredibly addicting and is sure to last long, with all the different classes, auction house, difficulties, very fun co-op, and the soon to be here PvP should be pretty good. Definitely recommend.
  30. May 17, 2012
    Before I review i will say one thing.Stop Raging about connection and complaining that it isn't Diablo 2.
    Ive been playing the game for a few hours now and it has been great.I don't mind the real money AH and think it might actually be good.If your a Diablo fan then buy this game.
  31. May 17, 2012
    My first review was apparently removed by one of the cowardly staff that manages the comments here. As punishment, I will post again. And, I give Diablo III a 10 now, not a 9. All of you complaining about the game and how terrible it is have not played it long enough. It' spectacular. Enough said. If you don't like it, go to another game and be done with it. Or hey! Start your ownMy first review was apparently removed by one of the cowardly staff that manages the comments here. As punishment, I will post again. And, I give Diablo III a 10 now, not a 9. All of you complaining about the game and how terrible it is have not played it long enough. It' spectacular. Enough said. If you don't like it, go to another game and be done with it. Or hey! Start your own game-writing company.. We'll see how well you fare... Expand
  32. May 16, 2013
    I'll never understand the negative comments on this game.. its WAY up there as one of the best PC games every made. Complaints about needing an internet connection are about 20 years out of date. Complaints about repetitive game-play miss the point entirely of what is one of the best examples of an ARPG. Its highly polished, very accomplished and extremely mature. Miss it and you'd be nuts.
  33. May 21, 2012
    Good game, what a difference that write bad about it? Use your head and evaluate for yourself! The main let fix some problems with lags, which are sometimes...
  34. May 15, 2012
    It's diablo 3 not diablo 2-2, you can't expect just a refreshed diablo 2. It's a new game, give it a chance and don't review based on battlenet, review on the game.
  35. May 15, 2012
    This game is... Perfect. Screw the server issues, the gameplay totally makes up for it. It is like i'm 14 again, playing d2 for the first time. I am gonna beat this game sooo many times.
  36. May 15, 2012
    great game. diverse and different in all the best ways from the original. few clunky issues with interface and server issues on first day, but overall, great.
  37. May 15, 2012
    Great Game. If you love the other D1 and D2 you will love this, too many people complaining about a Release date.. of course its going to have server problems. only negative thing i have to say about Diablo 3 is that the single player should of stayed in, But can you blame them? players always trying to hack and dupe items, they are just trying to make it enjoyable for everyone.
  38. May 15, 2012
    Hey guys come on! Distribute points where they are always the same by the class you are... the automatic unlock of skills when you level up... please they only save us some useless time. The game is all about fun. Keep the game alive is the devs only worry., and guess.. they do it
  39. May 17, 2012
    There are so many people on here who seem to not understand that when you review something you review the game itself, not your own petty feelings for the company. I wish the online gaming community was more mature at times, instead of acting like children. but anyway i thought the game itself was / is fantastic, i'm having a blast playing through all the difficulties, and the online funThere are so many people on here who seem to not understand that when you review something you review the game itself, not your own petty feelings for the company. I wish the online gaming community was more mature at times, instead of acting like children. but anyway i thought the game itself was / is fantastic, i'm having a blast playing through all the difficulties, and the online fun with friends just adds another element of amazing to an already overly solid game. Expand
  40. May 17, 2012
    I signed up for metacritic just so I could balance out some of these negative reviews. I think they're completely unjustified. I think it's an awesome game. I think they took some of the best of D2 and improved on it well. If you wanted just D2 with better graphics then I think you misunderstand how the video game industry works. Try Kickstarter or something. I can understand theI signed up for metacritic just so I could balance out some of these negative reviews. I think they're completely unjustified. I think it's an awesome game. I think they took some of the best of D2 and improved on it well. If you wanted just D2 with better graphics then I think you misunderstand how the video game industry works. Try Kickstarter or something. I can understand the complaints about server problems. I was quite disappointed in that and the inconvenience associated with the online only aspect deserves some lost points in the rating. But giving the game a zero for it is like throwing away good food because your waiter was rude.
    As for the complaints about customizability, even in my gaming heyday, in the era of D1 and D2, I didn't have the time to experiment with every possible customization. I thought that collecting runes and gems and set items was so tedious and time-consuming, I'm glad they simplified it a bit. Now for some of the things I like.
    I like the graphics. I adjusted the settings so that it runs really smoothly and the graphics are still beautiful and what I would have expected.
    I like that you can dye bits of armor to change your character's appearance. Simple thing but it shows they still understand that customization is important.
    Fun and simple gameplay. I don't need it to be the most challenging I do every day. And higher difficulties and hardcore characters still allow for more intensity for those who want it.
    I like the achievements. It's kinda par for the course with games these days but I think it adds something good to the game.
    I like not having to carry around mana or scrolls.
    These are just a few of the unique features that I love about D3. I think it's a great game. And I'll say it again, if you're disappointed that D3 isn't just D2 with better graphics, I think your expectations are unrealistic and it's no wonder you're disappointed.
    It's a great game with some minor flaws. Period.
  41. May 17, 2012
    Everything I expected and more. The none stop action with blood and gore flying. Skill system you can adjust to the situation, do I wanna be more bursty dps or sustained? do I wanna be more tanky? np just adjust my skills and runes. The Graphics are very nice its like being in a living painting and it runs great on my radeon 6850 100+ fps max settings 1080p. Once you get past normal theEverything I expected and more. The none stop action with blood and gore flying. Skill system you can adjust to the situation, do I wanna be more bursty dps or sustained? do I wanna be more tanky? np just adjust my skills and runes. The Graphics are very nice its like being in a living painting and it runs great on my radeon 6850 100+ fps max settings 1080p. Once you get past normal the game becomes challenging, making you need to use tactics and actually think.

Awesome game, dont get all the negative reviews..must be trolls
  42. May 17, 2012
    Excelente juego apegado a su estilo de juego un poco más intuitivo y fácil de usar. La espera ha valido la pena. Cambiaría el puntero del mouse por algo más original pero esperemos que el futuro traiga estas y muchas mas mejoras
  43. May 17, 2012
    The game overall is great, amazing story, intresting spells...ext. normal mode felt a bit casual but the difficulty increases significantly in nightmare, hell and inferno difficultys. The auction house is a nice touch and the ability to use real money if you want is a great way to eleminate gold and item sellers. The graphics are nice and not to demanding, boss fights are fun andThe game overall is great, amazing story, intresting spells...ext. normal mode felt a bit casual but the difficulty increases significantly in nightmare, hell and inferno difficultys. The auction house is a nice touch and the ability to use real money if you want is a great way to eleminate gold and item sellers. The graphics are nice and not to demanding, boss fights are fun and difficult. Overall just a great game. Although there are sone bugs (to be expected with a 3day old game) and some balance issues. Its still one if not the best game i have played in 2012. Expand
  44. May 17, 2012
    I'm stunned that some rate this game NOT on its actual content. I'm sure that some haven't even played the game. Anyhow (ignoring the internet connection and some minor problems that some might have), this game is one of the best action-RPGs that I have ever played. Great story, animation, brilliant, emotional and terrifying cinematics that truly makes you wish that Blizzard would make aI'm stunned that some rate this game NOT on its actual content. I'm sure that some haven't even played the game. Anyhow (ignoring the internet connection and some minor problems that some might have), this game is one of the best action-RPGs that I have ever played. Great story, animation, brilliant, emotional and terrifying cinematics that truly makes you wish that Blizzard would make a movie out of the world of Diablo. As far as gameplay goes, it is a classic hack and slash (with a twist of strategy, because you have to sell, craft and sometimes make hard decisions on what suitable weapons or items you need and which ones you need to get rid of...or store). This brought back all the fun memories of Diablo and Diablo 2, it makes you want to play it more and more. The graphics in this game is different to that of Diablo 2 but I think for the better. it is very well done. Some scenes in the game are absolutely mind blowing, you will not be disappointed. Prepare to lose many hours on this one... Expand
  45. May 18, 2012
    so what diablo had connection issues who cares! the game is just fantastic so say the least. the game is a pretty good length with loads of replay value, all the characters are unique and should be played differently. people interested in PvP its coming of no charge! the game has so many types of loot to just go out and look for and the maps have great scale!
  46. May 19, 2012
    Blizzard had some initial problem with their server capacity, but for now all of the issues seem to be resolved. Being always on-line is not really a great deal if you buy the original, and of course have a decent internet connection (which I don't posses unfortunately). The game is a great experience. Graphics are not astonishing but the developers managed to keep the atmosphere of firstBlizzard had some initial problem with their server capacity, but for now all of the issues seem to be resolved. Being always on-line is not really a great deal if you buy the original, and of course have a decent internet connection (which I don't posses unfortunately). The game is a great experience. Graphics are not astonishing but the developers managed to keep the atmosphere of first and second part. The skills system is innovative and really friendly for the user. The only thing I don't really get is why players can not decide which stats to upgrade and which not. That's the worst thing in the game i guess, it makes the player feel not needed at all. Apart from that - great job blizzard ! waiting for an expansion pack :) Expand
  47. May 19, 2012
    Everybody seems to love to have a game to hate atm. most of these people reviewing the game have probably never played it.
    Personally. I love it! the game features all the loot you can handle, great gameplay, and the graphics suit the story and such perfectly!
    10 outta 10 from me!
  48. May 20, 2012
    Initial launch problems and always- online drm aside, I can safely say that this game will consume the next few months (years?) of my life! 4 difficulties and 5 characters- there's not many games that I would consider playing through 20 times over. At first I thought the way they've changed the skill system was a bit odd, but it does make sense, still tonnes of options and it encouragesInitial launch problems and always- online drm aside, I can safely say that this game will consume the next few months (years?) of my life! 4 difficulties and 5 characters- there's not many games that I would consider playing through 20 times over. At first I thought the way they've changed the skill system was a bit odd, but it does make sense, still tonnes of options and it encourages experimentation over forethought- in d2 you would have to level a new alt to try out a different build, which you might end up finding its a fail, or just not fun to play. I've seen people complaining that the game is too short after killing Diablo on normal, but this is missing the whole point of the game- the constant character improvement and gearing that continues into nightmare mode and beyond. Liked the storyline, it's nothing mind blowing and it is very predictable, but it does the job. Visuals are brilliant- they may not be the highest quality compared to other AAA games, but the art direction is superb and it fits the game just fine. Character models seem a little bland close up, but it's not a major concern to me tbh.

All in all, Diablo 3 is superb- true the fact you are reliant on the battle.net servers even in single player is a major pain in the butt, but to be honest the only day I had any problems was on launch, and I've only had 1 disconnect since then. Well worth the £28 I paid for it.
  49. May 20, 2012
    Yes you have to deal with Blizzard's garbage policies. Yes it's worth it. I don't know where all the naysayers were months/years ago while the game was in development, because 90% of the complaints people seem to have about the game have been known about for a looong time. No Diablo 3 isn't perfect, but it is a worthy successor in the series.
  50. May 20, 2012
    The best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has all of the trademark compulsive perfectionist production we have come to expect from blizzard releases. The game is under an unfortunate smear campaign because of people upset with the bumpy launch, which is a given with large scale online releases. I blame this mostly on people who started playing WoW after launch, and are not familiarThe best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has all of the trademark compulsive perfectionist production we have come to expect from blizzard releases. The game is under an unfortunate smear campaign because of people upset with the bumpy launch, which is a given with large scale online releases. I blame this mostly on people who started playing WoW after launch, and are not familiar with launches of this magnitude. Negative user reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, as you can see, the official reviews are 100% positive. Expand
  51. May 20, 2012
    Even I encounter a secious problem while installing (which take a whole day to solved), but once I played and found out that Blizzard still at thier best! Diablo 3 is the best Action RPG with new system has been improved from the second, make you addicted and want to keep playing through.
  52. May 22, 2012
    I am having some serious fun playing this game. In my case, most of my gaming friends don't live close to me anymore, so using Battlenet multiplayer is a good thing. We just use Ventrilo or mumble for VOIP. Alot of people wish it had a single player offline version. I agree with this. I would be online anyway, but I can see the point in it. Of-course it does suck if Blizzards servers goI am having some serious fun playing this game. In my case, most of my gaming friends don't live close to me anymore, so using Battlenet multiplayer is a good thing. We just use Ventrilo or mumble for VOIP. Alot of people wish it had a single player offline version. I agree with this. I would be online anyway, but I can see the point in it. Of-course it does suck if Blizzards servers go down or glitch out, like they did the first few days after release. That is why I am only giving the game a 9. However, The game is very fun. Act 1 and most of Act 2 in normal mode are pretty easy, but the difficulty does pick up alot. Before release I replayed Diablo 2. It was still a fun game. Seriously thou, Diablo 3 really does put it to shame in every aspect. I didn't like the idea of no more skill trees and stat points at first, but now I like the new system better than the old. When playing Diablo 2, I would lock into a couple talents and dump all the skill points into them to make them strong. The side effect is I am stuck doing the same thing throughout the game. Diablo 3 is not like that. You can configure your character for different situations like boss fights, outdoor, indoor, etc, and keep changing things up as you keep getting new talents/runes. Great game, lots of fun. I would recommend to anyone with a decent internet connection. Expand
  53. May 22, 2012
    I firmly believe that this game deserves more than what you people are giving it, It is a pretty damn solid game that isent perfect but has the same kind of charm that Diablo 2 had and don't get up in a tantrum because there were server problems and don't blame blizzard! .GO after activition because their corporate control over blizzard causing the server crashes because they areI firmly believe that this game deserves more than what you people are giving it, It is a pretty damn solid game that isent perfect but has the same kind of charm that Diablo 2 had and don't get up in a tantrum because there were server problems and don't blame blizzard! .GO after activition because their corporate control over blizzard causing the server crashes because they are constantly pushed to work on the real money auction house! That's why I am proud to give this game a 9/10. Expand
  54. May 22, 2012
    Having bought Diablo II a few months ago and not getting on well with it (maybe the blocky graphics on a 27" monitor was just a bit too much!), I've started Diablo III with a rather spiffing character and I'm having a blast. Yes the customisation isn't exactly all encompassing from the off and the game play is quite linear but it's still great fun. The conversations are interesting, withHaving bought Diablo II a few months ago and not getting on well with it (maybe the blocky graphics on a 27" monitor was just a bit too much!), I've started Diablo III with a rather spiffing character and I'm having a blast. Yes the customisation isn't exactly all encompassing from the off and the game play is quite linear but it's still great fun. The conversations are interesting, with good voice acting and the sense of further danger and doom ahead hanging over your head.
    The graphics and sound are fantastic and I've had no issues with connections (only played a few hours though).
    A great game that will keep me busy until the 12th of October when the main event, X-Com Enemy Unknown is released (bought an uber P.C for this...anticipation is not the word!)
  55. May 23, 2012
    Absolutely love the game. The simplicity of this game, along with the social aspect, will make it a winner in the long term. The beauty of blizzard's games is revealed in end-game interaction, where a whole new experience manifests. PvP, gear-grinding, and the auction house as a model of an economy will drive the long-term user interaction. I believe this is a winner.
  56. May 23, 2012
    Just to clarify, I'm only talking about the game itself here. I personally don't care about the login issues; they're bound to happen at the launch of such a huge game as this (more than 6 million copies purchased so far), and the Blizzard staff did do their very best to solve any problem as fast as possible.
    Now on to the review: simply put, Diablo 3 is amazing. It takes the best of the 2 previous games and further improves and adds to it.
    The graphics are detailed, pretty and realistic.
    The gameplay is fast, fun, simple at its core yet open to complexity, strategy and a very high level of personalization.
    Each and every class is fun to play. They all have very distinctive "flavors" and personalities and you will want to play though at least Normal mode with each class, just to see their respective characteristics at play.
    The story is good, with a few unexpected twists and a satisfactory ending that still leaves room for future expansions and games on the Diablo franchise.
    The voice acting is beautiful and the characterization is quite deep and credible, which is amazing considering just how short the storyline actually is, at least if compared with a "traditional" RPG like Final Fantasy and its ilk. Even the followers characters feel like real people.
    If you liked Diablo and Diablo 2, I believe you will absolutely love Diablo 3.
  57. Jan 3, 2013
    Just finished the game on diff. level Inferno (i.e. I played through the game 4 times). I can only say it's a thoroughly enjoyable game, and more than worth the buying price. Is it as good as Diablo II? Hard to say, maybe there's a little less long-term motivation to play it, but it's still an excellent game. How it can currently hold a user score of 3.8 on metacritic is beyond me...Just finished the game on diff. level Inferno (i.e. I played through the game 4 times). I can only say it's a thoroughly enjoyable game, and more than worth the buying price. Is it as good as Diablo II? Hard to say, maybe there's a little less long-term motivation to play it, but it's still an excellent game. How it can currently hold a user score of 3.8 on metacritic is beyond me... people here should realize that giving scores like that basically makes the user score on this website look completely unreliable -- even if you think D2+LoD was better, there's no way that D3 is a 3.8. Expand
  58. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the least deserving game to get a low user score I have ever seen. The truth is a lot of the reviewers are simply cult fanatics who grew up with the prequels and have too many complaints because they're too edgy to be satisfied by any follow ups. DRM is acceptable the only people who complain about that are people who want to pirate the game instead of having to dip into funds their parents won't let them have. In truth Diablo 3 is a fantastic game with an inspired artistic style. While it is true that the story cannot be appreciated after repeating every difficulty mode, this reviewer reckons the true fun isn't to be had until one invests in their op legendary gear and starts farming Inferno (10). The truth is the game isn't meant to be soloable at this level because there is a huge dependency on class ability diversity when fighting elite mobs. The story line is brilliant and the real-time rendering of the cinematic cutscenes lives up to Blizzards standards set by the WoW franchise. As little as a user score matters in what is probably one of the most overcritical, insatiable demographics, I must say that Blizzard have barely deserved such treatment when there are much worse games out there receiving better scores simply due to a smaller demographic that doesn't consist of a bunch of whiny little kids.

To the morons who keep complaining about not logging on, there are 3 likely explanations: EIther your internet speed is awful, you pirated the game and you're too stupid to understand what DRM is or you tried to log in during downtime. Regardless, you're a bunch of bloody idiots because you can't review a game that you haven't played just because you're clearly doing something wrong while everyone else is getting on just fine. Seriously, your zeros are worthless!
  59. May 29, 2013
    Some rare and strange appears only in the rare spawn points, this setting is also normal, everyone can sum up, there's always the law to investigate!
  60. May 30, 2013
    The highly controversial Diablo 3 has let down many fans of the franchise, however due to recent patches I have revisited the game and I was shocked at the difference.

Sure it's still not D2, but blizzard has managed to implement subtle changes that change the feel of the game.

If you have quit the game for over 6 months, I do really recommend revisiting. Things have changed
  61. Jun 22, 2013
    That game is absolutely fantastic-YOU ALL give that game 0 or 1. Why? because you said "that's boring". But it's hack n' slash When you know what hack n' slash is- and you don't like it- so why you bought it and play?In newest version lags and kicks are so rare.I think you are only haters of Blizzard.
  62. Sep 5, 2013
    I bought this game the day it came out and I have been playing it ever since, and I must say I love every minute I spend playing it. Even when you complete the game you can just keep going (unlike diablo 2 with a level 99 cap), and the fun never ceases. I would highly recommend this game to other gamers looking for a great RPG to get addicted to.
  63. Feb 10, 2014
    Atleast we can know now that Poe and Torchlight has 5,3K fanboys . Like some1 gives a sh1t about their reviews. This is not Diablo or Diablo 2 deal with it . We are in 2014 and things change.
  64. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that hasExcellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that has server queues like an MMO isn't brilliant, but it's not that bad either. Loving every minute of it. Love the hatorz as well. Wonder why they bought it? (Wonder IF they bought it more like lol) Expand
  65. Nov 20, 2012
    The only and the best online-ARPG now.
    There is a huge amount of hate from gamers, but game is still the best hack'n'slash.
    Major flaw is lack of music (putting music from D2 for example give it great feeling). But aside of external music player is needed the game is great. Yes, it has high price. Yes, it requires an internet connection. Yes, it lacks storyline and music. Yes, normal
    The only and the best online-ARPG now.
    But aside of external music player is needed the game is great.
    Yes, normal mode is boring...
    But... What is the reason that almost everyone who played it on nightmare mode continues to play it more and more (like hundred of hours or more)??? The answer is: D3 is still great game. simple.
  66. May 15, 2012
    Guys save your nerve, dont play Diablo III.
    This follower of an epic D1/D2 line is a complete Blizzard/Activision sluck.
    In their struggle to make more money they just didnt make much servers so the game is Lagging even on single player. Not to mantion the single itself requires connection and your DEATH on HARDMODE will not be remade by a petition if that was due to LAGGS or server Crash
    Guys save your nerve, dont play Diablo III.
    This follower of an epic D1/D2 line is a complete Blizzard/Activision sluck.
    Not to mantion the single itself requires connection and your DEATH on HARDMODE will not be remade by a petition if that was due to LAGGS or server Crash lol!!!
    Oh and if u enjoy realmoney gold selling you are welcome! Blizzard will love you!
  67. May 15, 2012
    Best game I have ever played. I didn't have any of the log-in issues and was at the gym when the server went down. A few days from now when all the problems are solved for good people will recognize the awesomeness of this game.
  68. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the trolls. Diablo 3 is just as fun as its predecessors. I'm about 6 hours in and LOVING it. There have been some hiccoughs at launch, but they will diminish.
  69. May 15, 2012
    Might be fun. Dunno cause errors non-stop and I cant play it. They take a million years to launch this game and no one can log in. Stayed up till 3am to log in at launch, couldnt. Try to play the next day, servers down, couldnt play...
  70. May 15, 2012
    Lets review this game based on login errors and not being able to play. Metacritic user scores were always a joke, but this is just the nail in the coffin for this site. Terrible, terrible site.
  71. May 15, 2012
    I don't think people know what they're talking about, there's a good reason the game has no offline mode and that's because real money auction house wouldn't exist with it. Also their game just launched, haven't you all figured out that online only games tend to get full on release no matter how big the publishers think the servers is? I've enjoyed the game thoroughly with and withoutI don't think people know what they're talking about, there's a good reason the game has no offline mode and that's because real money auction house wouldn't exist with it. Also their game just launched, haven't you all figured out that online only games tend to get full on release no matter how big the publishers think the servers is? I've enjoyed the game thoroughly with and without friends with several classes and it is without a doubt a genuinely entertaining sequel. Expand
  72. May 15, 2012
    What a great game. Sucks that servers are acting up. But the flow and feel of this game are great. The multiplayer experience is awesome and there are so many ways to make a character. I am glad I don't have to do so much un-needed character tweeking. There were only a few goods way to make a character in Diablo 2, so it was way to cumbersome. A lot of silly people out there would say theyWhat a great game. Sucks that servers are acting up. But the flow and feel of this game are great. The multiplayer experience is awesome and there are so many ways to make a character. I am glad I don't have to do so much un-needed character tweeking. There were only a few goods way to make a character in Diablo 2, so it was way to cumbersome. A lot of silly people out there would say they don't like not having to waste time groaning over their stats, but I think if they give a shot they will find this game to be great. Great additions. Can not wait to get to the hard difficulty levels where it will get even more important how you play and what skills you choose based on your team mates build. Expand
  73. May 15, 2012
    From what it seems, people are upset about character creation, which to me, not having character creation in Diablo 3 was expected. It's Diablo, It isn't an MMO, your character won't really mean as much customized. Another point people are making is that you always have to be online, and they are upset, but then complain the graphics are cartoon-y (it's Blizzard, this should have beenFrom what it seems, people are upset about character creation, which to me, not having character creation in Diablo 3 was expected. It's Diablo, It isn't an MMO, your character won't really mean as much customized. Another point people are making is that you always have to be online, and they are upset, but then complain the graphics are cartoon-y (it's Blizzard, this should have been expected) and that it is 2012 and we should have better. Big shocker here, it's also 2012, you should have internet. Another thing, the game has been out for about 14 hours at the time of this post, and there are so many people complaining about the connection issues. Jesus fricken christ people, it hasn't even been one day! Every single game that comes out experiences this, give them time to adjust to the amount of people playing, I guarantee it will be fixed.
    To the person that beat the story in three hours, good job playing the game, I'm sure you explored every single area there is to explore with all 5 classes. I'm sure glad you got the full experience, and to be honest you are probably better off without your account. And one last thing about the graphics, you knew exactly what this game was going to look like many months ago. Just because it is 2012, does not mean that every game will look the same or extremely detailed. This is a fantasy game for one, I know there are fantasy games out there that look nice, and two, comparing that to any form of art/music. "Well, it doesn't look the same as so-and-so's piece of art, it's obviously bad."
    /rant
    I woke up real early before work and got a few hours played in, and completed the beta multiple times. I could run back and forth between the beginning and the skelly king thousands of more times and still be content. I'll have more to play later, but everything I have experienced in this game so far has been fantastic. The only time I have had a server connection problem was in the beta, and it was only for a few hours. Overall, I give this game a 10/10 for what I have played.
  74. May 15, 2012
    First the negative: it was a bit of a pain in the ass to get on the first couple of hours due to high server loads, and while I think they could have implemented some sort of queue so you didn't just have to spam login I think we all expected it and from a technical standpoint there was absolutely no way to prevent it.

The positive: Blizzard has made a FANTASTIC game, the constant online

The positive: Blizzard has made a FANTASTIC game, the constant online play makes hacking/duping much more difficult and after the first couple days the high server load issue will decline extremely rapidly. As someone who got terribly bored playing the first two Diablo games for anything more than a week at a time I still find this addicting like neither of them ever were. Bravo Blizzard.

This would have been a 10 but for the lack of a queue on login.
  75. May 15, 2012
    Seriously people rating 0/10 because they can't log in or just because of one little thing? Should you be even rating something if you haven't played it? Anyway, yes there are some problems with the game like server issues and no offline so 1 point off for that (not 10 off because thats retarded). I have played 7 hours of the game and i'm still in act 2 so if you don't rush through theSeriously people rating 0/10 because they can't log in or just because of one little thing? Should you be even rating something if you haven't played it? Anyway, yes there are some problems with the game like server issues and no offline so 1 point off for that (not 10 off because thats retarded). I have played 7 hours of the game and i'm still in act 2 so if you don't rush through the game you can expect maybe 12-14 hours of glorious gaming on normal difficulty. Game play wise the combat is visceral and fast paced; the story so far is okay, not great because it is somewhat contrived. You do get a skill every level but you can customize skills with runes, also you don't get anymore attribute points instead you are given them; in my opinion this is a good thing because the attribute system in Diablo 2 was basically enough strength for gear, enough dex for max block, and then dump the rest into vitality, basically fake customization. I'm honestly glad they got rid of the ye olde attribute system. Expand
  76. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is very good!I like a diverse mix of skills, easy to play, after the first hour of launch with everyone in the world trying to log in, access & gamepaly was flawless. I actually prefer the art-based graphic style that still looks good .
  77. May 15, 2012
    It really upsets me how some gamers can be so biased and childish. To give some background: I grew up on Diablo and Diablo II; and I played them so much that I can practically recognize the Tristram opening guitar chord in any piece of music that I listen to. First off: the problems with the servers at launch. I find it ridiculous for almost 1000 users to give a game a bad review because aIt really upsets me how some gamers can be so biased and childish. To give some background: I grew up on Diablo and Diablo II; and I played them so much that I can practically recognize the Tristram opening guitar chord in any piece of music that I listen to. First off: the problems with the servers at launch. I find it ridiculous for almost 1000 users to give a game a bad review because a game had server problems at launch. For those of you who are personally offended because of this problem, I only have this to say: AN ONLINE GAME OF THIS SIZE AND SCOPE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WHEN IT FIRSTS LAUNCHES. It is ridiculous to think that a game that will be played by millions of people online at a time will not have problems when it first launches. Also, the sole fact that there are almost 1000 negative reviews for it and the game has barely been out for 24 hours is astonishing. OMG THEY CHANGED THE ORIGINAL GAMEPLAY A BIT, I GUESS I SHOULD CRAP ALL OVER THE GAME ON A WEBSITE. Grow up. I sincerely doubt that the the reviewers that took the user score down to a 3.5 actually played the game all the way through. All this being said, I have not played the game all of the way through yet either, however I am adult enough to say that so far the game is different from the originals, but still an extremely solid and engaging game. I have had a great time with what I have played so far and I have not wanted to stop playing yet. There is still the chance that I will get to the end of the game and be disappointed, at which point I will then post a fair review of the game. I simply wanted to give this game a 10/10 to try and balance out the douchebaggery going on here. I have seen it many times in this site: anticipated game comes out, a couple of problems with game (whether technical or opinion), give the game a crappy review before the game is given a proper chance. It comes down to this when it comes to anticipated sequels: if it is too similar it is a rehash, if it is too different it "isn't for fans of the original." Gamers who review on this site need to start throwing out their preconceptions of anticipated games and give them a fair chance before trashing them. Rant over, grow up, play game through, then review. Expand
  78. May 15, 2012
    I am an older gamer who was starting to think I had lost an interest in video games. Today I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. This game is fantastic. At the moment it deserves a 9. Time will tell if it deserves a 10. I'm giving it a 10 just to offset the absurd number of "0" ratings that showed up at midnight before anyone had even played the game.

Ignore any reviews in the 0-3 range

Ignore any reviews in the 0-3 range that don't offer any real criticism of the game itself. The servers were down for a few hours, and people who haven't even played the game are taking out their frustrations here. People are also complaining about "DRM," and don't seem to understand how Diablo 3 functions as a multiplayer game. I'll take a dupe-free Diablo 3 over a single-player Diablo 3.
  79. May 15, 2012
    I've been very impressed with Diablo 3 thus far. The art direction is incredible - the scenery is dark, gorgeous, saturated and not overly cartoony. Every class is a joy to play, with a wide array of skills. Runes really add depth to the gameplay experience, and there are so many build options for people to try out and enjoy.

The quest and event system has been greatly improved over

The quest and event system has been greatly improved over previous games, and it just feels streamlined and well-designed. Multiplayer is a joy now that players are no longer competing for loot, and boss fights are actually challenging.

All in all, this looks to be on of the best video games I've ever played, and I'm so excited that Blizzard created it. It's clear that a lot of love went into this game.
  80. May 16, 2012
    10 hours into the game. The cutscene into act 2 made me cry. This is a fantastic game.

The server issues will be fixed. This is BLIZZARD, people...................................
  81. May 16, 2012
    Brilliant game, exactly what i was expecting it to be, better than diablo 2, the people whining are because they haven't caught up with the times and need to let go of their rose tinted goggles
  82. May 17, 2012
    Stupid noob haters, the game is amazing.. if you don't like the graphics just use the Darkd3 mod and it will become amazing. This is the funniest game after Diablo 2 and me and my friend are in love with it.
    Giving 0 to this game mean that you should go play Call of Duty or The Sims.
  83. May 18, 2012
    Please don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have noPlease don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have no opinion whatsoever. They probably never had an original thought in their tiny brains, so by listening to the masses you may as well downgrade your IQ by 60 points. What it is with gamers and their sense of self entitlement? Big bunch of whiney panzie asses, that I'm embarrased to be grouped with these morons who litter gaming and quite frankly should be banned on some trumped up STUPID CLAUSE. I am sure somewhere its a sin to be this dumb. This whole affair is turning into another ME3 (another fine game torn to pieces by Idiots who didn't get what THEY wanted) Anyhow, Diablo 3, whilst isn't going to set the world on fire with originality, is awesome fun solo and fantastic fun with four mates linked in. A worthy purchase, if with the draconian DRM . Expand
  84. May 19, 2012
    I'm surprised how so many people hate the game. Yes, it's not Diablo II, but it isn't supposed to be. The game is entertaining and charming in many ways. I'd recommend it to anyone who can simply enjoy something without comparing it to a previous game or rushing through and then saying "nah, it's crap".
  85. May 25, 2012
    This was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs orThis was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs or the login issues the first day, this is expected new games always have wrinkles to iron out, but overall this is a game well deserving of a 10! Expand
  86. May 15, 2012
    why are people giving bad reviews? I have been a massive fan of blizzard game for a long time now, having played d1,d2 and now D3 It's simply amazing! first day the game is release, people cry because their are 5million + trying to login at the same time.. Server shut down it was a 90% chance of happening on the day it went live! people need to chill out! I have only playedwhy are people giving bad reviews? I have been a massive fan of blizzard game for a long time now, having played d1,d2 and now D3 It's simply amazing! first day the game is release, people cry because their are 5million + trying to login at the same time.. Server shut down it was a 90% chance of happening on the day it went live! people need to chill out! I have only played to act 2 and everything I have done or been involved in as been amazing! the artwork and detail they have put into this game is 10/10 gameplay is 10/10 the only thing which i give a 8/10 is the graphics but blizzard make it up in everything else! TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS GUYS !! GO OUT AND BUY THE GAME!! I am loving every minute of it and I cant wait to get back home and play tonight after work!! I've had little sleep and I feel like I'm a child again playing Diablo 2. PEACE!! Expand
  87. May 15, 2012
    Great game that fully realized the potential of the last two diablo games. Having to wait an hour after midnight to play was what I expected so for me personally it didn't destroy my experience like some of those whining on here
  88. May 15, 2012
    After the initial server problems, the game ran perfectly. The audio is perfect in its usage, and the visuals are spot on in creating the essential atmosphere that is Diablo. The game definitely deserves a perfect score considering the launch was a single day of the game's entire lifespan.
  89. May 16, 2012
  90. May 15, 2012
    I love this game. It's DAY 1, people need to shut up about the servers being down. I understand it's hard to get used to with not allocating points and whatnot but I've enjoyed the game quite a bit in the time I've played. You guy's just need to calm down.
  91. May 15, 2012
    I don't understand where all of the hate is coming from. This is a good game. It is brand new. there are going to be some hiccups when it is released and Blizzard is scrambling to get them fixed. Now for the review. Graphics: I think they are gorgeous they look how the designers imagined them. Almost a painting like quality. Sound: The music is Blizzard epic. Like WoW and DiabloI don't understand where all of the hate is coming from. This is a good game. It is brand new. there are going to be some hiccups when it is released and Blizzard is scrambling to get them fixed. Now for the review. Graphics: I think they are gorgeous they look how the designers imagined them. Almost a painting like quality. Sound: The music is Blizzard epic. Like WoW and Diablo 2 it gives the game the extra atmosphere it needs. Sound effects are a little underwhelming. Gameplay: A little simplistic but the difficulty makes up for the simplistic skills. Expand
  92. May 15, 2012
    This game may not be another series to tie me over for 6+ years like WoW did but just like the original two titles of the Diablo series the third is a great game. Aside from the release day problems this game is going to give me hundreds of hours of gameplay. The reason the rating is so low is because of the hipster trend to down-rate games in mass, the server problems contributed to this.
  93. Dec 20, 2012
    Looking at the pages and pages of 0's, 90%< of them say "couldn't log in for 12 hours, rubbish". Now that is fixed, all these reviews should be removed so that this game can get a proper rating from people taking it seriously.

Great game, endless hours of fun, especially with the big patches, getting better all the time.
  94. May 18, 2012
    I played both previous episodes and the 3rd one is no disappointment for me. Gorgeous graphics, beautiful music and very good gameplay. All of this enabled us and our friends to find the exact same pleasure as before when we allied to fight the forces of evil.

Even if there were some connections problems on 1st day, they disappeared on 2nd day.

Good job Blizzard
  95. May 19, 2012
    Diablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a gameDiablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a game to rush through, but to savor and enjoy in small, delicious slices. People tend to forget that Diablo's charm lies in its own simplicity. People looking for anything other than compulsive clicking and looting should play different games, fortunately the world is full of alternatives. For me, Diablo III is what I wanted. Thanks Blizzard for sticking to the core of this franchise instead of trying to make it something else. Expand
  96. May 24, 2012
    This is an excellent game with exactly the production values you have come to expect from Blizzard. I have not encountered significant problems logging on, the lag spikes have been short and tolerable, and other than that I have no complaints. The game itself is exactly what I expected and I expected great things.
  97. May 15, 2012
    I loved diablo 2. I spent thousands of hours playing that game from my childhood, through high school and all throughout college. Now I'm an adult and playing D3 brings me back. People whine that it is different, but I don't see it. It feels the same, but better. It's more visceral. It's darker. The monsters are more vivid and the characters are more real. I see more customization, notI loved diablo 2. I spent thousands of hours playing that game from my childhood, through high school and all throughout college. Now I'm an adult and playing D3 brings me back. People whine that it is different, but I don't see it. It feels the same, but better. It's more visceral. It's darker. The monsters are more vivid and the characters are more real. I see more customization, not less. The game is perfect and I foresee myself playing even more hours on D3 than I did on D2. Don't listen to the naysayers. When Diablo 2 came out people were pissed and they though D1 was better. This is just another incantation of that same tried thing. When companies do something different (as Blizzard often does) the fans react negatively. They don't understand the design decisions, but once the servers are up and running well and people have really played the game, they'll be reminded why they love Diablo and they'll come to love this installment too. Trust me, buy this game. Expand
  98. May 15, 2012
    Ridiculously fun, a worthy third installment in the Diablo series. The action is far more physical and visceral than Diablo 2, with bodies, body parts, broken bits of furniture etc. flying around the screen as you hack and slash. Gorgeous graphics, with a soft-focus "painted" style backdrop to contrast against the foreground action. Typical cheeseball Diablo storyline (and what a delightRidiculously fun, a worthy third installment in the Diablo series. The action is far more physical and visceral than Diablo 2, with bodies, body parts, broken bits of furniture etc. flying around the screen as you hack and slash. Gorgeous graphics, with a soft-focus "painted" style backdrop to contrast against the foreground action. Typical cheeseball Diablo storyline (and what a delight it is to hear Deckard Cain's voice again). Character classes are fun right from the start, rather than spending an age autoattacking due to only having one or two weak skills and a tiny mana pool - the resource builder/spender system is a great leap forward. But there's really no one word which can sum this up better than "FUN". Expand
  99. May 15, 2012
    I've never reviewed anything on metacritic before but after reading the many of the negative reviews and seeing what their gripe is I felt compelled. Diablo III is an impressive game that stands on it's own. I would like to take a moment to touch on just a few of the "reasons" people have given as a reason to scoring the game with a 3 or lower. First, you must be connected to the internetI've never reviewed anything on metacritic before but after reading the many of the negative reviews and seeing what their gripe is I felt compelled. Diablo III is an impressive game that stands on it's own. I would like to take a moment to touch on just a few of the "reasons" people have given as a reason to scoring the game with a 3 or lower. First, you must be connected to the internet and battle.net in order to play. It's been on the D3 website for over a year and it's the same model Blizzard used when they launched Starcraft II. If you failed to do even the most basic investigation before spending your money, you wouldn't feel cheated, however, you only have yourself to blame. The benefit of Online-only game play FAR out weighs the drawbacks unless you were planning on pirating the game. It allows Blizzard to control the economy, pull real time statistical data, and keep cheating to a minimum. By the way, in our day and age of near 24 hour connectivity to mobile devices, wifi, and hotspots - being online to play the game is a negative? I'm sorry but there is a far less vocal majority who live in 2012 that have no problem with Online only DRM. That said, you should not review the game based on this, and if you do, is it really worth giving a game that would have received a positive review, a ZERO because of this? Secondly, many people have complained about the perceived lack of character customization. When you compare D3 to D2 in this department, you guys are absolutely right, you had total control to make a horrible character in D2 and you do not have that ability in D3. A smart player in D2 would have "customized" their character by following one of only a handful long-standing "builds" which almost never changed because the math behind each build was tried and tested for years. Diablo 3 brings this franchise into the modern era where the customer is not the "die-hard gamer" or the "lives with his mother gamer" or the "Loves to play DnD gamer", but rather "The guy from the accounting department", or "The girl who makes your Tall Mocha Latte" every morning. But, you might think, did they sacrifice the character customization that so many fans loved, just to be more accessible to "Joe-schmo"? Not at all. There is still a hundred ways to use your skills in unique and imaginative combinations and while some combinations work better than others, you still get far MORE options that actually have functionality.

Lastly, there have been many who felt that the inability for Blizzard to manage their servers in such a way that would let everyone who wanted to play, log in within the first 15 hours, were cause for a ZERO rating. Let me remind you that Diablo 3 is one of the most pre-ordered games in gaming history. More people spread more evenly across the globe want to play this game and want to play it right now then perhaps any other launch in history and even so, I was able to play for about 10 hours yesterday, yes, on launch day. How did I do it? Patience, for starters. Also I took the suggestions from the Blizzard team and setup my router to keep D3's ports open. I had a problem, sought a solution, found one from the Dev Team, implemented it and was able to play not long there after. What I did not do was run to Metacritic and give the entire game a Zero because I was too impatient or inept to play the game.

I'm giving this game a 10/10 because the game is fun, the story is interesting, the gameplay is engaging and allows the player to try new combinations in skills. I started with the Wizard because I felt it would be one of the least played classes, and I've been very happy with that choice. The game's option screen allows for a wide variety of customization even on things that are obvious to me that they could not have thought of without playing the game and listening to testers.

Bottom line: Is this game Diablo II with better graphics? Absolutely not. This game moves, responds, and envelopes the player in a way that it's predecessor never did. It brings the Diablo franchise into the modern gaming era and leaves little room to doubt the master craftsmanship that went into the production of the title. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who is ready for an adventure, and I wont feel the need to direct them to an extensive game guide beforehand. In short, Diablo III will return what you put into it. If you want a carefree action game and don't much care for the mechanics, you're in for a treat! And if you want to dive into every number of every stat and calculate the damage output, I think you'll find yourself at home as well. Congratulations Blizzard, on an excellent launch, and amazing title.
  100. May 15, 2012
    150 characters minimum? God dammit I hate typing...
    Anyway, I played the beta for a short time and I fell in love with this game, even in it's unstable form.
    Now that it has been fully released Diablo III has exceeded all me expectations not only in a game but as a platform. The server issues that people have experienced are a minor set back and to be honest I expected worse when the game
    150 characters minimum? God dammit I hate typing...
    The server issues that people have experienced are a minor set back and to be honest I expected worse when the game went live.
    The blizzard team have done a great job and anyone who says otherwise should take a good look at themselves as a person and as a pert of modern society.

ALSO, There is no OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER because of the risk of hacking, now wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have cheating idiots... then we may be able to have our OFFLINE play.

Yea, the caps were to get your attention :P