3.9

1. May 19, 2012
    This is a good game. You can cry about skills system but in the end it comes out to be really really good. You can cry about graphics but still they have w charm and they don't spoil games climat. Also you can cry about online DRM , but believe me it's not that bad - less hacks. This game ain't perfect but still it's extremely good , it sucked me in like nothing before.
  2. May 19, 2012
    1. Don't compare each game to its predecessor. I hate how the same thing happens with all Heroes of might and magic games. Diablo III has the same setting and continues the same story, BUT it's a new game.
    2. Stop whining about the graphics. (more people can play due to lower system specs., you have better online experience because of the same reason, it looks great to me and I don't
    compare it to FPS games)
    3. I have no worries playing online, what's the difference? You've got internet problems? Blame your ISP, not Blizzard. I live in Lithuania, we have perfect broadband internet here, no worries.
    4. Overal, give the game a chance. Rating it as low as the pathetic MW3? That's a disgrace. I hope true PC gamers will speak their mind, as Diablo III follows tradition and appeals to the old school gamers.
  3. May 19, 2012
    Blizzard had some initial problem with their server capacity, but for now all of the issues seem to be resolved. Being always on-line is not really a great deal if you buy the original, and of course have a decent internet connection (which I don't posses unfortunately). The game is a great experience. Graphics are not astonishing but the developers managed to keep the atmosphere of first and second part. The skills system is innovative and really friendly for the user. The only thing I don't really get is why players can not decide which stats to upgrade and which not. That's the worst thing in the game i guess, it makes the player feel not needed at all. Apart from that - great job blizzard ! waiting for an expansion pack :) Expand
  4. May 19, 2012
    Everybody seems to love to have a game to hate atm. most of these people reviewing the game have probably never played it.
    Personally. I love it! the game features all the loot you can handle, great gameplay, and the graphics suit the story and such perfectly!
    10 outta 10 from me!
  5. May 19, 2012
    Pay no attention to the User Score of 4.0 this is a great game. You can no longer choose which stats you're going to put where. Stats like strength, dexterity, intelligence, etc. are chosen for you. However, there is a plethora of skills to choose from and runes for each skill that modifies the skill with different powers. There is tons of gear to pick up, different combinations you can use for you and the NPC's that can be your followers - in Diablo 2 they were called mercenaries. There is a 4th difficulty level Inferno, there's still a hardcore mode, the server issues are no longer a problem. To each his own, but I wouldn't trust the user score. Lots of people have put a 0 or another low score. Respectively, enjoy the game for what it is and not what you want it to be. It's a great game and is great fun. :) Expand
  6. May 19, 2012
    For the last 3 days I've been enjoying my life playing diablo 3 very much and simply couldn't think that people would trash talk this game. The most likely reason all these butthurt trash talking noobs are here complaining can be roughly simplified categorised into 2 reasons. 1. Internet connection/DRM/crappy telstra internet users that keep getting lagged out hence have to come on to this site to QQ hard.
    This is 2012. You are expected to have a decent internet working. 2. Bad game play, over simplification, genius people somehow linking diablo 3 to world of warcraft. If diablo 3 was exactly like diablo 2 what is the point of playing???? and how is world of warcraft got to with anything?
    in short all the people who rated this game with zero are either extremely mad and need to undergo anger management or just absolutely clueless people that need to learn how gaming work. Yeah i made this account to counter all you haters. Read my username, scoop up and chew some cement and harden up if you are just bad.
  7. May 19, 2012
    Why there are thousands of negative votes in metacritic, especially zero votes? Actually, its really simple;

-Lots of ''torrent players'' got hit in the face because they couldnt play the game like the ''real players'' did. Jealousy is a ****

-They waited couple of hours to login and play. Hey, i waited patiently for 2 days because i love diablo not the ''i need to be the one who login
    first ''.

-Skill system, potion drops, short gameplay, normal is too easy... nothing is perfect, embrace it.

-''i want to be offline when im playing single player, bohoo''. Didnt you ever play mmorpgs? its just like that, only with diablo in it.

-And bs,bs,bs,bs...

Let me tell ya something my fellow ''real players'', dont hesitate, go buy the game. Its my 43th hour and im still looking under every root and every stone for 5 gold pieces. Dont listen to that hater mumbo jumbo, listen to you heart..(ohh, so damn cute)

(me sorry fo bed english;)
  8. May 19, 2012
    Okay seriously, are you people idiots? None of the issues people list here make this game deserve a zero. ---Connectivity issues?---
    Well no **** you can't connect on launch day, it must be the worst game ever made!
    No. It works just fine. There are no random disconnects and no issues logging in anymore. ---Online DRM?--- Yeh it sucks, but unless you lived under a rock, you KNEW it was
    gonna be like this. Why do you act so surprised? Also, unlike other games with online-DRM, it actually serves a purpose here. The auction house, group games etc. Your saves are stored online aswell which is handy for when you want to play on more than 1 computer at a time. All I can say is, if you don't like it, deal with it.

---Pay to win auction house breaks the game herp derp---
    Okay, seriously what the **** First you people complain it's a SINGLE PLAYER game which requires online connection, then you complain about some auction house? If you don't like it, don't use it. Who the hell cares? How does it affect you? If you only want to play single player, it doesn't have the slightest inpact on your gameplay. Again no reason to give this game a zero.

---Bad graphics---
    What? First of all, the game has not "been in development for 12 years". They didn't start working on it the second they had finished D2. Second of all, the game looks amazing. It follows the Diablo style. Do you want realistic graphics? Play another game. Realistic is not the goal of this genre. The physics adds whole new level to Hack'n'Slash. ---Herp derp no talent trees and no customization---
    Okay, ill say this even for those in the back to hear. THE DIABLO 2 TALENT SYSTEM WAS BROKEN. In oder to get a powerful character on higher levels you had to skip using skill points until levels 24-30. It was boring as hell. "Missclick? Too bad, no respec, make a new character." The solution was either to add option to redistribute the skill points, which would kill the skill system anyway, or to do what Blizzard did in this game, which is quite brilliant. You don't have to devote your character to 3-4 spells you max out and then do over and over again. You can change what you do anytime you want. Also and I can't stress this enough, the most amazing part is that most skills scale with weapon damage as well as the primary stats. It makes gear way more important for other than physical classes.

---Story---
    Okay, it could've been better, but the cutscenes are amazing and it's not meant to be main reason to play a game like Diablo.

---It's too short! I beat it in 6 hours.---
    Sigh. There are 5 classes and 4 difficulties. When you kill Diablo with 1st character on normal difficulty, the game doesn't end, it BEGINS at that very moment. You got to experience about 1-5% of what the game has to offer in terms of crafting, trading, mutliplayer, items, classes etc. Saying it's too short after 1st normal run-through is idiotic. It's like saying Couter Strike is short after finishing 10 games.

Again, even if you think those things are issue for you, this game deserves by no means a ****ing zero. Get real. How bad does any other game have to be for you to give it worse than 5.
  9. May 19, 2012
    I am not a fanboy, but i seriously can't understand people, that rate the game ridiculously low cause of zero-hour technical issues. DRM is a present reality, face it, or let it be. And really, Diablo is not the first game having such issues. It only came with such great and yet unrealistic expectations, that people would excoriate it cause of the slightest flaw. It runs well for me and it sure as hell will run on my system for as much hours as D2 did. Why? Cause regarding the pure quality of the game and its content - and that should be all that counts - it is all a diablo fan could ever expect. And maybe even a bit more. Well done Blizzard. Expand
  10. May 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been waiting for Diablo 3 for six whole years. I am one of Diablo 2's greatest fans, and have literally spent quite possibly a thousand hours playing it. My hopes were high for Diablo 3. I was hoping for it to be like Diablo 2, but quite naturally I wanted some positive change also. It pains me to say this. It really does. But Diablo 3 has disappointed me. The game has been criticized for being 'dumbed-down'. And sadly, I have to agree:

1. Why does my hero yell for my help every time his/her health is low? Why does the entire screen glow red for this purpose? Why does the tooltip on my health globe say 'Lose it all, and you're dead'. Is this primary school for RPG players?

2. The quests are messy. Too often I'll be busy killing off a pack of monsters and the quest updates will complete one after the other without me knowing what I had to do or what I had completed. Simpler is better. Diablo 2 essentially had six quests in each act, and it was up to you to find out where to go. There where no arrows pointing the way on your mini map. No beacons indicating the location of your next quest. 'Enter the cave' is not a mini quest, or a useful guideline. It's Blizzard holding the player's hand, spoon feeding.

3. It seems everyone in the game world keeps a journal, and none can be bothered keeping it safe. I do have the choice to pick up a journal, yes. But even so, I feel the lore in the game is too interfering. I cannot be bothered listening to the ramblings of a random character while I'm in the midst of a monster battle. Diablo 2 managed to have the lore on the side, for those bothered with the intricacies of it. I am not, and in Diablo 3 I sometimes feel it's shoved down my throat.

4. The skill system. Oh, the skill system. What have you gone and done, Blizzard. The skill system ensures that every single Wizard character I will ever create will have the same skills available at the same level with the same options for supposedly 'customizing' them. Choosing between runes for a specific skill is NOT and will NEVER be 'customizing'. The idea of Diablo 2 was to allow the player to choose his or her skill, and how many points he or she wanted to attribute to it. What the hell was wrong with that system? I LIKE the fact that your choices were permanent. I LIKE the fact that you couldn't change it on a whim. Because that made you THINK about it beforehand. If you got it wrong the first time, you were smarter the next time. That was called progression. Diablo 3 does not open itself up to player skill. It seems that the only way I'll be any different to another Wizard is by the gear I have (which I can either craft myself or I can find in the game world - thus dependent on luck), or if that other Wizard had a different colour set of boots to mine. Because I can change my runes and skills to match his. How is that character customization? It's not.

5. I am NOT a fan of the World-of-Warcraft esque graphics. I loved the gothic feel Diablo 2 had. Heck, even the font used in Diablo 2 was weird and fitting. In Diablo 2 it feels like Arial 14 or something. I don't get that excitement any more when a green item drops. It's just...missing. Why do the enemies glow red when I hover my cursor over them? Why? Why? Why? Why is the screen so busy? Why do I have a block of text to draw my attention to past conversations? Why does my character feel the need to tell me when he has slain 6 monsters with one shot that he is 'unstoppable'? And what was the idea behind the in-game cutscenes? They are choppy, uninspiring, boring, unnecessary, and just plain rubbish.

6. DRM. If you haven't by now read about the incredibly frustrating/annoying/angering DRM issues in Diablo 3, let me sum it up: It's absolutely and unforgivably disgusting. Nothing says 'oops' like the moment you cannot play single player because the game servers are full. Nothing infuriates like internet lag in the middle of a boss-fight with the end result you having been slain because your spells weren't being cast. Nothing demoralizes you like the moment you are disconnected from your single player game because the network connection was dropped, and you have as a result lost some progress. For the small band of pirates you are defeating with DRM, Blizzard, you are angering a larger group of loyal, PAYING customers. Shame on you.
    I have many gripes with Diablo 3. I worship its predecessor, Diablo 2. But sadly, Diablo 3 feels much more commercialized, much more casual gamer-friendly, much less addictive, much less taxing on the serious gamer's brain. The disappointment I have with this game is great. Waiting six years for a game and then being let down this badly is soulcrushing.
  11. May 19, 2012
    Pros: Graphics look great, each different map really has a sense of place. Game Runs very smooth on modest systems which is nice (Insane, blow-your-mind-graphics are not always the best way to go imo) Story line keeps things moving, even if it is extremely linear. The skills system works very nice, really making you feel like you have choices. The runes add a nice touch really altering existing spells to make them seem fresh. Boss fights can be challenging but not to the point of extreme frustration. Each class has a good sense of identity and play style. Stays true to D2 while also improving on ways which make the gameplay smoother, and more casual friendly (to the dismay of many Diablo "purists")

Cons: Constant internet connection is a real downside. Can't really understand why you need it for a single player campaign. Initial launch days full of errors and disconnects which poorly suit a game based on checkpoints and map clearing, often forcing you to start from the last check point. Disconnects you if you are idle too long, so hope you dont get struck with a quick emergency and have to leave your game right before you finish a checkpoint. Lack of character customization really takes away from the feeling that your character is "yours" and not just a cookie cutter to play with (although variability in play styles for each character brings a sense of ownership to your char.)

All in all: This game is another example of why Blizzard is one of the most well respected publishers in the game. They really make sure they put out the best possible product while still staying true to the fans of each of their series. Just wish they had not forced you to have a constant internet connection, really the only reason to give it less then near perfect.

Things that people need to GTFO: Not being able to get a preorder. Basing reviews of a game only on the connection issues and not the game. Graphics which only the people with $5000 machines can play. Issues with the way the game is coded. Options that you wish had been in the game but aren't ( I wish they had flying purple unicorns in the game but they dont so "0/10".) Lack of skill points which are a thing of the past, many games are getting away from them in favor or variability in spells and difficult choices on which spells/skills to use. Basing reviews on how the Beta was. Crying because there are too many "WoW" similarities (Heaven forbid a company has similarities to one of their other games which is one of the most popular games in history.)

This is just another reason why having user reviews is a giant waste of time. Let unbiased game reviews/magazines let you know how good/bad a game was. Not cry baby fan boys. And yes that apparently means my own. *sad face*
  12. May 19, 2012
    Never truly having played the old Diablo games thoroughly like some of my friends, I thought I'd give D3 the chance it deserves. Especially because I got it for free with my Annual Pass from Blizzard.

So far I've completed the game on Normal with two friends in co-op mode and we've been having a blast! People who say the game is too easy should consider that normal is only the start and
    the game does get harder as you progress.

Also I'm looking forward to the real cash AH, not that I'm thinking it'll make me rich beyond my wildest dreams, but because I do find it intriguing.

As far as gameplay goes, the game is fantastic. The amount of customization to the skillsets of the classes is very well thought out and makes tinkering with it for co-op or single play very interesting.

The graphics are very okay and despite all the whining about "horrible" graphics I think Blizzard has really set a great atmosphere with the painting-like textures and effects. I for one love it. Then again, I don't care for hyper realistic graphics anyway.

Overall the game gets a 9/10 from me, because despite it being very enjoyable and addictive, I still think there's a few minor issues that could've been resolved better. Like the launch and the servers being down all the time.
  13. May 19, 2012
    I really like this game. It probably doesn't deserve a 10, but this review is mostly to counter the hordes of people who gave bad reviews on the launch day, where the game was a little buggy because of high traffic.
  14. May 19, 2012
    Diablo 3? They should call it Diablo 2.5. I say this because the entire adventure is a massive improvement of the previous game. And I really don't like the fact that I can't modify my character. But it's fun to play and I really like to kill monsters online with my friends. I had the server error only one time in 4 days, my machine runs it perfectly(and I don't have an high-end pc, I've bought it two years ago) and I've not even experienced a little bit of lag. Thumbs up for Blizzard. Again. Expand
  15. May 19, 2012
    Very a goood diablo, multiplayer are very great ,if you like diablo, you like diablo3, me its ok to be connected to play.

jadore le jeux, super bon diablo, le multiplayer es super le fun
  16. May 20, 2012
    Apparently Metacritic refuses to format my text correctly, so instead of my long review that I wrote, I'll say this:
    Blizzard hit the nail on the soulstone once again.
  17. May 19, 2012
    Let me preface this review with a derisive note to all the "I can not log in" negative reviewers. If 2 Million people try and access ANY service at the same, it will crash there is no way to prepare for this. This problem is not part of the game, no more than running out of gas is a reason to bash your car manufacturer. Now that that is out of the way....

This is a fantastic improvement
    on the previous games. There has been significant overhaul to many of the in-game mechanics. You no longer have to pick what attribute points go where. Instead the character levels up in the manner that makes the most sense for their role in the battlefields. You do not have to worry about building a character that will not be playable because you made poor choices in the the previous levels. The game does not drop the hardest difficulty on you without preparation, Nightmare mode and beyond are not available until you can work your way into the greater challenge. The skill system no longer locks you into just one time choices that you have to pay to respec. Instead respecing is a change as you need it system now. This lets you see what works for you without having to reskill at a cost or even worse make a new character. Overall I would say this is a fun playing experience and is worth the buy. Expand
  18. May 19, 2012
    Made an account just to review this. The game is amazing, im currently just about to hit level 60 on hell and its just more fun and challenging for every minute that passes. People whine alot about the launch, but they also forget that the technology to handle millions of people connecting to servers at the same time smoothly doesnt exist. Yes they could've implemented a queue system for the login-servers, but people would've whined about that to, since the queues would've been hours long. As a diehard fan of the diablo series (dont play other blizzard games) i can say that this is just what i wanted from diablo, the only bad thing i can think of is not being able to distribute stats and rdm. But you forget about that as soon as you start playing. Expand
  19. May 19, 2012
    This game is well made. There are disturbing trends at work, Explosive negative reactions to things that, in 1999 when i was at my gaming prime would have been forgiven. I dont understand it.;
  20. May 19, 2012
    Read this entire review, please. You won't understand if you don't.

As a longtime player of every non-WoW Blizzard game, as a honorable person, and as what I hope comes across as on honest gamer and game culture enthusiast, I have to say I am ashamed to call myself a player of Diablo III, based solely upon the complete unfairness and laughable immaturity of my fellow 'gamers'. I will
    admit freely that I have not completed the game. In fact, the meat of the game stretches before me like a long path filled with candy, hookers, and lots and lots of squishy undead and demons. But I can tell that this game... this wonderful epitome of what it means to be a dungeon-crawler with a solid story backing... will be enjoyable in its entirety. I cannot give this game a perfect ten until I get to the point where I have beaten the game. Now, as shown in the other user scores, the community is quite upset about the use of DRM and a server that is not on your PC to run every instance of this game. To explain this, here is an excellent quote from a good friend of mine:

"DRM sucks. Having to be connected to a server to play alone sucks. And thousands of people are complaining about that today... yet most of them don't understand why Blizzard doesn't offer offline play. They say it's to prevent piracy, when it's not.
    Blizzard has to run servers for at least 10 years to support this game, as they know from their past franchises, for the (very popular) multiplayer component. It shouldn't be surprising they looked for a way to get some recurring revenue from the game so that the ongoing costs are covered by the people still playing it. Their solution was the real-money auction house.
    To run a real-money auction house, they have to absolutely eliminate hacking and duping, or rare items won't be rare and there will be no incentive to create a robust market which Blizzard can earn money from. The only sure way to eliminate hacking and duping is to run D3 like an MMO... put everything on a server you don't control. You can hack your client all day long, but since your characters, the world, mob spawns and deaths, experience and loot are all generated and stored on the server, you can't cheat and create items.
    There is no single player game. They never programmed one. To offer one at this point would be as much design and programming effort as creating Diablo 4. So don't expect there to ever be an offline patch for D3. When you play single player, you're just playing a multiplayer server instance that happens to only have one player in it."

Now, my only PC is a crappy laptop (a 'craptop', if you will), and as such I need to play the game on the absolute lowest graphical settings, and even then the game has crashed my PC once already. But you know what? This game still looks amazing when the graphics are just slightly above those of Diablo II. The cutscenes are as good as the stuff James Cameron puts out. The music is so similar to that of the original that I almost cried when I heard it. The story is excellent, on par with any and all of Blizzard's previous offerings. And, really, stop complaining that you're always online. You're a PC gamer in 2012. The internet is our reality. If you don't like it, fine. But at some point we have to realize that there are just some things we need to give up if we are to continue moving forwards as a gaming culture. In conclusion, I know that most people will hate on me for supporting this game. That's fine. That's part of expressing my opinion. But I cannot sit by and watch a stellar game get lambasted by bad reviews because of their attempt to cover their operating costs in a creative way. The could've charged a monthly fee for this game, I hope you all realize that.
  21. May 19, 2012
    I've read the negative reviews here before playing Diablo 3, and after playing through the first act, I have to ask those who give a zero score: Are you serious? Wow. If you honestly think this game has no connection to the previous games or that it pretty damn terrific, you're a victim of hyping your expectations in the stratosphere. No game other than the one in your imaginations could have satisfied you.

I agree that the online-single-player component has to go. It stinks. It really stinks. But this iteration of the Diablo series is terrific. Not perfect, but no game is. It's far, far from a zero-through-five rating, though. It has the darkness of the first Diablo, but it also has some mechanics from WoW. I played WoW and it was OK, but I didn't think it was worth the monthly charge. Some of its mechanics are perfectly in place with Diablo. It's not intrusive. If you've played the other Diablo games, it fits right in. It's an evolution of the system.

Which brings me to my next, tangential point: I would guess that most of the zero posters here were still puzzling out there multiplication tables when Diablo 2 came out. I was an adult when it was released and there was much nerd-rage at that time, too. Did you know the original Diablo 2 was 640x480 only... ONLY, when it was released? Imagine the nerd-rage over that fact, alone. It was explosive. There were no runes, and there was no Act 5. All this was changed a year later when LoD came out.

I'm not an apologist for Blizzard. I don't know them; they don't know me. But I do know that they screw up from time to time... and they correct it. Maybe the online-single-player thing will never go away, but maybe it will the next expansion. It's not THAT big of a deal. But the mechanics, the feel, and the length are very well done.

For those who have complained about the game being too short: Maybe. I haven't played through it all, yet. But I can tell those who haven't bought the game that there is a fair amount of exploration to be done and side-dungeons, which will extend play. If you want to blast through the game, you can. It's easy to do, even without any knowledge of what lies ahead -- just follow the road. But what lies off the road is what extends play. Frankly, Diablo 2 got a bit too long in places. I hated slogging through that jungle. Loved the game; hated the jungle act. I'm glad it's a bit more concise, now.

So, for those who are on the fence about Diablo 3, buy it. You won't be disappointed. The feel is more like Diablo 1 than Diablo 2 (in the first act, anyway). I like that. Contrary to some posts here, Diablo 3 is less "cartoon-y" than Diablo 2... and the graphics are waaaay better -- less chunky. The graphics are on par with Titan Quest, for instance. Not at all bad and probably necessarily not cutting-edge because of the amount of moving enemies on the screen. Technology has limitations where fevered fans' imaginations do not. Buy the game, maybe not the Collector's Edition, but it's well worth the money for a good romp in the world of Diablo again.
  22. May 19, 2012
    Seems to be a lot of trolls posting reviews, but I'm going to be honest. The game is exceptional, sure it doesn't provide the graphics of games such as Battlefield 3. But it is a fantastic game, and if your a fan of the previous Diablo games I would find it hard to be dissappointed with this. People will always find something to complain about - " it's too easy " - Try Hell and inferno - "the graphics are **** " - Blizzard tend to make games that sell to a lot of people, not everyone has a NASA PC. - "it's too dumbed down" - Sure, in terms of stat distribution and skill choices it is, however in some ways it is almost better like this, it inspires expermentation, and if not that, then decide what YOU think is the best build for you instead of googling it.

Although this is my personal opinion, the game seems to be getting a LOT of hate, with little justification. I hope you guys enjoy it!
  23. May 19, 2012
    Initially, I was frustrated as many ppl were regarding connectivity issues. After reconfiguring my router, however, I was able to play for the most part flawlessly. In terms of what I find enjoyable about the game is that is is extremely fun to play. Also, I can tell a lot of time and effort was taken to make the game as great as possible. Is it a flawless game, definitely not. Does it manage to achieve 90% of it's goal..I'd say hesitantly yes. Perhaps, more like 85% but I give it a Blizzard bump bc Blizzard is usually a quality-game developer. Hence, I think this game deserves a 90%. Expand
  24. May 19, 2012
    Ignore the problems with the server and the fact that some people want an off line mode, this is your normal diablo game, Hack and slash and get all the amazing loot. Yeah the story seems like it needs more but thats always been diablo always give me more. If you never played a diablo game before and try to compair it to other games like elder scrolls you will be disappointed. I love the game and cant stop playing it, its all about the items. Anyone who puts a bad review just because they could play on launch night is just being dumb, what did you expected when million yes million of people all try to log in at once. Yes i had a problem the first night but its been fine now I would encourage you to buy this game and give it a shot, even if you are on the fence play D2 and the exp same idea as D3. Expand
  25. May 19, 2012
    I find it hilarious that the only people giving Diablo 3 a low score are the ones who can't log in and play due to the incredible number of players over loading the servers...

Cry some more, I hear that will get rid of your error 37.
  26. May 20, 2012
    I'll start with the negatives. The community. The user reaction to Diablo 3's release is the reason it's still negative to say you're a gamer. Diablo 3 has been designed to be a cloud-based game from the start, and yet people are whining like pathetic children as if they only just learned about it today. For people who hate always online systems, they sure seem to love putting money into them.

Not only that but many are complaining that the game is "unplayable." I'm sorry, was Blizzard unable to let you play for a small handful of hours out of the years of time to play it following launch? That must be awful!

Enough of that though. On to the good. Diablo 3 presents a remarkably satisfying art style. It's clean, ambient, and provides just the right amount of gore for a good hack and slash experience. Despite being slightly cartoonish it still provides a dark feeling in many areas.

The combat is superb. Blizzard has perfected it from the previous games, streamlining it. You simply form your preferred build and go at it. There's no worries investing points into an ability you'll never use, or putting points into abilities just to find out what they're like only to learn you're stuck with them. There's also a nice balance between damage, utility and defence. The new resource sytems also help separate D3 from other dungeon crawlers.

The story was rather underwhelming to be honest. It felt very anti-climactic in several scenes that should have been very dramatic. Still, it wasn't bad. Just not amazing. However the music and cinematics were absolutely fantastic. Blizzard once again lives up to being the best developer ever in terms of cinematics.

Overall I'd give it 9/10, but I'll make it 10 to counterract the idiots giving it 0.
  27. May 20, 2012
    This is simply the best arpg ever, nothing more nothing less...

I do not get all the haters out there.. if you dont like it you probably didnt buy it so dont rate.. because you did not play it!?

The game is more fun the more you play, unlike in other arpgs you never want to create a new character until your current one gets perfect. It really gets addictive.
  28. May 20, 2012
    Good story, nice multiplayer platform, definitely not easy after you finished normal. Cinematics were awesome, classes are distinct. 10/10
    It has been a long wait, and hell good thing this is worth it.
  29. May 20, 2012
    Totally disagree with most user reviews. Diablo III is GOTY and much better than Diablo 2. Only I expect that the PVP arenas and the auction houses be ready soon.
  30. May 20, 2012
    I personally have fallen in love with this game. It is a blend of solo raiding like WoW but by yourself and it is also kind of like LoL and HoN or Dota sytle games which I imagine what PvP will be like when it is released. I'm living in the UK and during release I got the Error messages only during the night for the first couple of days. I was not really put out by it that much because I know all new games have these problems if they are online. This game has online components like the auction house which are invaluable to helping me level and perfect my character ready for the next difficulty level (currently I'm working on my character to get into Hell). I can see myself playing many many hours as a Barbarian, really powerful when you know how to play it correctly. I learned many tricks from the class forums Blizzard has created and I also Youtube'd higher difficulty rating players and how they take on bosses and mobs with their builds. It is quite the step up in difficulty from normal to nightmare if you have no clue what you are doing but if you are willing to learn and don't expect mob kills to be handed to you on a plate it becomes real easy. Expand
  31. May 20, 2012
    Yesterday i bought the game, installed it and played it without any problems.
    Don't have any problems with being online as my pc is always online.
    I like the game. Not the best, but just a good game.
    I'd give it an 7.5, but gets a 10 because of all the pathetic 0 it gets from people who couldn't play it the first day.
    Just pathetic, as if may 15 was the only day you could play a game.
  32. PL3
    May 20, 2012
    Drm is sh1t.

Still, this game is awesome. Level desing awesome, a lot of replay value, good story line, cinematic are just crazy, the gameplay is good, I wanna see the future of this game so bad. I dont like the fact that you have to leave your game to check the AH, then go back in a game and lost your MF Bonus. 4 players is perfect. I just can't imagine 8 players play in the same game.

I was septical first because i'm a big fans of the diablo series, but now I will be a fans forever and ever.

9 is a good note, connection issue at the launch was freaking stupid but the game is great so. I hate people here say crap because they can't play for like 3 hours. Stop crying you noobs.
  33. May 20, 2012
    Best ARPG in last 10 years, it deserves 9/10, but i'm giving it 10/10, because of all this cry babies that are trashing score, only because of server overload in the first 2 days...
  34. May 20, 2012
    Blizzard serves up another winner with this fantastic online experience. Yes online, as the product was never once advertised as an offline single player experience. Confused or uninformed reviewers seem to over look this fact. May be it's nostalgia or misguided expectations, but don't let these reviewers make you over look what is most likely this years best PC game. Yes, the servers were a little unstable for the first few hours, but now the servers are fine and the game is very playable and extremely fun. Diablo III is a perfect balance of simplicity and complication. Its easy enough for a casual player to get on and really enjoy the game while also customizable enough for skilled players to min/max and experiment for the best results with interesting choices. With the new inferno difficulty level those skilled players will be put to the test like never before. The atmosphere and story of the game is well done and Blizzard has done a very good job supplementing the game with many pieces of information and dialogues that get new players up to speed in this epic trilogy's tale. Once again, don't believe most these bad reviewers as more than likely many of them are playing right now and are for some silly reason allowing their uniformed minor disappointment to discourage other people from playing this gem of a game. Expand
  35. May 20, 2012
    This game shows very strongly what is wrong with metacritic as a whole. I have read through all of the negative (0) scores and not one of them I can agree with. Diablo 3 is an amazing game and even better is the fact that its an action rpg. Something that big companies normally doesn't dare release and yet blizzard does so which is just outstanding. The DRM is gay I will admit that but it doesn't mean that the game deserves a score of 0, that is just ridiculous. Expand
  36. May 20, 2012
    0 out of 10 by so any due to minor technical Blizzard have more or less sorted out. More like 9 out of 10. Best game this year so far for me. Graphically nothing spectacular but the amount of action on the screen at any one time is very smooth and very nicely done. Anyone moaning about Blizzard's DRM have a valid point but that should not detract from what is a very good game. But one great thing about Blizzard is that it has a very good structure for not allowing any pirated games on its servers and that's a good thing. If you want a fantastic RPG with gorgeous graphics with awesome story telling stay with Skyrim but if you want 100 miles per hour non stop action this is the game for you. For anyone who put a review on this before Tuesday afternoon should realise that a company like Blizzard have the right to protect its games from pirates like Pirate Bay etc and they give no free ride so they can make the best MMO, ARPG and Strategy games around. Otherwise you will be stuck with games like FIFA, COD etc who bring out games every years with nothing more than a glorified update. If DRM is the reason you gave this game 0 then go on again and play Diablo 3. Expand
  37. May 20, 2012
    The game starts getting awesome in nightmare, and in hell it's just amazing. Normal is pretty much faceroll. I wonder how many of the people who gave reviews here actually finished hell. I also wonder why people gave the game such horrible reviews, and I think I know why. Because they expected D3 to be a revolutionary game, like D1 and D2 were. It's not, but it's still a good game.

There
    are some problems with it, but most of them aren't actually related to the gameplay. Logging in during the first 24 hours of release took at least 10 minutes (first login took me 1 hour) and the AH didn't work a few times. I'm not really bothered by the game being online only, because I want to use the AH (no, not the RMAH). And why are people bothered by pay to win? If you don't want to do it - don't do it. Why are you so bothered by this ? It ensures the game will stay constantly updated.

The sounds and voice acting are awesome, and the discussions between the character and follower / other characters in the game are sometimes very funny.

About the graphics - I find them quite good for this type of game. They definitely could have been better, but I have no complaints here.
    About the graphic style - I've noticed people saying it's doesn't have the style of previous Diablo games. Well, I beg to differ. The gore-ish style of previous diablo's is actually enhanced, but not necessarily by the graphics style alone, but by the atmosphere in general.

If someone looks at the end area of act 3, with the pool of blood, and 2 chained demons screaming, accompanied by the comments of the spider demon, and tell me with a straight face that it's not gore-ish enough, I wouldn't know what to reply. And there are more similarly gore-ish zones.

The skills are quite nice, there is no skill tree, but people don't understand that the challenge in D3 is picking 6 skills + one of their runes (and each rune has a use in certain situations) out of ~30 skills, each with 5 runes. Playing with a barbarian I really wanted to have both the damage and life buff, but I couldn't afford to sacrifice any other skill, so I went with the life buff.
  38. May 20, 2012
    There comes a time when positive and negative must way up against each other..diablo is a point and click adventure that is good for what it was made to do but not great as it should have been. As consumers we were hyped up at the idea of a perfect romp of gaming bliss only to be dismayed.But some that had the opportunity to play it were not dissappointed. Its the majority that could not not play due to poor servers that have had the biggest gripe,not to mention the majority that forget that a product that does not work is not a product but rather a grand idea. I bought the game and waited for the errors to reside, and i was not dissappointed at all. Diablo 3 is enjoyable, I have spent over 30 hours playing the game and was surprised to see how such a simple idea of click left,click right 1234 could be so addictive once again. Diablo 2 was a great game,many days of dungeon crawling,however this time round its just better,all-round! graphics,sound,story is okay,but it is still diablo..We all knew servers would be a problem,but if you are patient and give the game a chance you will enjoy the adventure over and over again..well done blizzard, just hope i can log in now have to level up! Expand
  39. May 20, 2012
    A thoroughly good game. Il quickly address the main issues that people seem to be getting annoyed at. Firstly; Connection issues. Its been a little more than a decade since the last Diablo game. How on earth can anyone expect the servers to remain stable with the disgusting amount of people logging on to play. These issues will resolve themselves (And don't give me that nonsense about expecting a game to work immediately). Secondly, character customization. What the hell were you expecting to look at from a top down game!? Who cares about customization when you CAN'T see what you've potentially customized. I would go on to talk about some other issues but its pretty much just children who are butthurt from not getting to play within an hour of getting Diablo 3 and other tiny issues that didn't appease their niche wants and needs.

Now, to review the game.

Graphics: I wasn't expecting everything to be made of Diamonds and for my eyes to get a massage by beautiful Asian masseuses so I was not disappointed on any fronts. In fact. The Graphics are pretty damn hot. No complaints

Story: What do you expect from a fantasy dungeon-crawling loot game. Fun and compelling story with some kick arse cut-scenes (A particular favorite is at the beginning of Act 2 where to Angels "discuss" their differences)

Gameplay: I was never attracted to this style of game, thus I never played Diablo 1 or 2. I got this game because of the hype and this being the first top down RPG I've played, it certainly has not disappointed me and is a great incentive to try other top down RPGs. The combat is dynamic and smooth with some very nice effects from spells. Lots of spells and abilities that can be utilized by the different classes, ranging from hacking demons to bits with axes to blasting them back to oblivion in particle form using huge orange beams of death from the Wizard. Lots of other abilities to explore from the other classes. I hear Demon Hunters can use duel wielding, rapid fire crossbows (Not sure how that works but oh well) to rain death down upon your foes. I've yet to try about the voodoo abilities available as well as the super-fast Monk class.

Sounds: Not much to talk about here. As always, Blizzard does not hold back. lovely original orchestral soundtrack. Really adds to the atmosphere during cut-scenes.

Lasting appeal: I haven't finished the campaign yet but Im expecting to play through it 4 more times with the different classes. Great replay value as far as I can tell and is a game that will stick with you for a long time.

Closing Comments (Stealing from IGN):

A very well built game with no major design flaws or game-killing bugs. Some lovely graphics and gameplay coupled with an intense story and characters leads to a game that has thoroughly destroyed any chance of me passing my A levels
  40. May 20, 2012
    All those negative reviews are all about "no sp, can't login." They only had probelms with the login server on the release date. The game is really beautiful, the cutscenes are awesome (Blizzard has always done awesome cutscenes). IMO The graphics are fine and the gameplay has been improved. There is nothing else to say but "BUY IT".
  41. May 20, 2012
    I have played the game but get booted too many times after about 15-20 minutes,telling: error 3007.
    I don't know why but because you can't save yourself you have to start all over agian from the stage the game has saved.
    Its really annoying.
    After no problems with diablo 2 i regret i bought this game.
  42. May 20, 2012
    Great customizability, great looks, great gameplay. Also the multiplayer aspect is easy and its loads of fun to play together with little more than a press of a button. I have enjoyed this game immensely. I also really like the cutscenes, I don't get why loads of peeps seem to be hating on them.
  43. May 20, 2012
    Hatch of the year! You must have an internet connection to play single player! When starting, still need to enter a password, and when you lose connection with server it crashes and you have to pass boards from the beginning. At the moment from 4 hours is technical breakl - you can not play the game!
  44. May 20, 2012
    Initial launch problems and always- online drm aside, I can safely say that this game will consume the next few months (years?) of my life! 4 difficulties and 5 characters- there's not many games that I would consider playing through 20 times over. At first I thought the way they've changed the skill system was a bit odd, but it does make sense, still tonnes of options and it encourages experimentation over forethought- in d2 you would have to level a new alt to try out a different build, which you might end up finding its a fail, or just not fun to play. I've seen people complaining that the game is too short after killing Diablo on normal, but this is missing the whole point of the game- the constant character improvement and gearing that continues into nightmare mode and beyond. Liked the storyline, it's nothing mind blowing and it is very predictable, but it does the job. Visuals are brilliant- they may not be the highest quality compared to other AAA games, but the art direction is superb and it fits the game just fine. Character models seem a little bland close up, but it's not a major concern to me tbh.

All in all, Diablo 3 is superb- true the fact you are reliant on the battle.net servers even in single player is a major pain in the butt, but to be honest the only day I had any problems was on launch, and I've only had 1 disconnect since then. Well worth the £28 I paid for it.
  45. May 20, 2012
    I'm writing this review after playing through nightmare and normal difficulty. Each landscape has an beautiful and unique design, wide range of creatures, great lore, exciting events and quests. It's not a photo-realistic textured/shaded game but the designs are very clear, beautifully painted and stylized such as any blizzard game. The story is enjoyable and is supported by cutscenes and amazing cinematics, events and all sorts of stuff. The audio is good and voiceovers are very extremely well narrated.

Combat is silky smooth (just like any Blizzard game), clear and has a nice variety of reaction time and tactics and hack&slash. Skill variation may seemed a bit dull at start but provides a great sense of depth later on. You'll be thinking about what skill/rune/passive to use on a certain bossfight and in combination with party members and followers. This doesn't really count for normal and the start of nightmare mode, since those are easy.

Server issues were horrible in the EU and US during the the games first week, however everything seems to be okay for the moment.

Honest.
  46. May 20, 2012
    Entitlement issues strike again. D3 is a really great game and as a non-fan of ARPG's I actually love this game. Decided to buy it to see what all the hype was about and wow is it fun. Fast, frantic, with a good story and lots of lore all over. It's a game that everyone should try and doesn't even take much to run. This whole fuss with bombarding another game with 0's is due to the fact that it requires you to be online to play. I've heard stories of the old Diablo games being infested with hackers and if this prevents that I'm okay with it. The game has been up and running just fine. Also, maybe if people didn't pirate games at the ridiculous amount that they do something like this wouldn't happen. Expand
  47. May 20, 2012
    This is my first Diablo game ever, and I really, really like it. Its not the most beautifull game, though it looks pretty artistic, the gameplay is FANTASTIC i truly love it. A litlte shame i cant play right now bcause the servers are down.
  48. May 20, 2012
    The game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play the game. I'd recommend this to everyone who likes to play a game where, co-op, single-player and pvp is mixed together into awesomeness. Remember guys this isn't Diablo 2, it's Diablo 3. Expand
  49. May 20, 2012
    Si bien en el comienzo existieron muchos problemas para conectarse, hoy en día se encuentra muy estable y no se me ha presentado ningún tipo de problema al a hora de jugar. Dejando de lado esta parte, el juego es muy bueno, te dan ganas de explorar cada uno de los rincones, como también de probar otras clases las cuales son muy diferentes entre si, la casa de subasta me parece un punto muy acertado. Lo único que no me gusta es que sea siempre Online, pero la culpa la tienen los mismos usuarios, que muchas veces prefieren piratear, por eso mismo es que se ha perdido el modo LAN que venia en todos los juegos de blizzard y ahora hasta estamos perdiendo el modo offline.
    Por ultimo no se merece la notas que están dando los usuarios, le coloco un 10 solo por que encuentro que han sido injustas, en verdad a este juego le doy un 9.
  50. May 20, 2012
    ERROR 37 is gone. It has been gone for days now. All these people saying otherwise are not telling the truth. Metacritic needs to give a week or so before user reviews are allowed in. The amount of trolling that occurs on this site is sad and pathetic. The game is getting rave reviews and people are talking about how great it is for a reason. It's fun and very addictive. The only ones spamming this game with 0's or 1's and 2's are the **** trolls. Right because this game is worse than Duke Nukem Forever or Game of Thrones right? Rolls eyes Expand
  51. May 20, 2012
    Ill admit when I first started playing I wasnt that impressed. But when I got to act 2 something happend that doesnt happen very often to me. I started telling myself I need to turn this game off because I have some things I need to do. But I was having a hard time doing it. Thats when you know your playing something special. Yes, the online part is not what I wanted either,but I havent had any problems once launch calmed down a bit. The environments are varied and makes want to explore and of coarse the loot is endless addiction. Ill be playing this off and on for a long time. The only gripe I really have is I wish you could start the game on a harder difficulty since normal feels a little on the easy side. Wont stop me from playing it though! Expand
  52. May 20, 2012
    Please don't listen to all the haters and people that can't understand that the DRM is there for 2 VERY VALID REASONS, the first to combat the horrible piracy that plagues PC gaming, the second to stop all the PITA dupers/cheaters/haxorz that plagued D2. Personally, I have no problem w/ it, Blizzard has every right to ensure they get paid for the product they created, and I would MUCH rather have this system than deal w/ all the cheaters that were in D2. As far as the game itself, I'm really enjoying it. They took the things that made Diablo 2 the great game that it was, removed all the erroneous bits that wasted peoples time and caused serious aggravation, and the resulting product is a game that is VERY fun to play that I look forward to playing for many, many hours. The graphics, while not breath-taking, are decent enough while still ensuring people w/ older and lower-end PC's can still play it. The gameplay is virtually the same that we all loved in D2, the ONLY difference is they took out the parts that weren't needed, and that I agree with (although a lot of people don't seem to). What they did, and what a lot of people aren't happy about, is they removed the stat allocation, which lets be honest, was pointless anyway b/c everyone knew what the best stats were, and ONLY put them there. The new stat system gives you the most points where your class needs them, and a few in the rest, it works well. The same w/ the talent-trees, they weren't really necessary b/c every class only had two viable builds anyway, which meant only a handful of available talents got used. The talent-trees were replaced w/ a Rune system, where each class has a bunch of skills to choose from, and then each skill has "runes" which are used to customize, and change how the skill works, and what it does. It's really not as "dumbed down" as people say, and honestly the only people that say that seem to be ones that haven't played the game, or played it without really giving it a chance.

TLDR/To sum it all up, the game is A LOT of FUN. If you even remotely enjoyed Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Torchlight, or any of the other ARPG's, do yourself a big favor and don't buy into all the hate out there and try the game out for yourself.
  53. May 20, 2012
    It's a fantastic game with great gameplay. The graphics are perfectly fine - there are in fact lower textures, but this allows the game to run on lower end equipment (which is great), and you are never really looking at small details in D3 anyway. The gameplay is outrageously addicting - and the new character customization is tremendous amount of fun. Compared to D2, D3 is substantially better in every aspect. Expand
  54. May 20, 2012
    Blizzard delivers, as always. A thoroughly addictive game that is all I expected it to be. More combinations of skills than the last game, individualisation by hard to get items and challenges in the bossfights.
    To all the DRM haters out there, think about this the next time you download a movie or game.
  55. May 20, 2012
    I was waiting for this game for years, and then i have it, the game is awesome, the gameplay, the soundtracks, the outside, the Lore, all is perfect, maybe the scenario isn't that good but got some epic moments. Would have expected less help during quests, but maybe one of the best game this year. Some people expect for torchlight, why? Less graphism? Good game still but no scenario, only 3 classes.. Expand
  56. May 20, 2012
    This game is definitely what I had expected a Diablo sequel should be. I love the character abilities (playing mostly monk atm) and I love just how the overall game plays. I for one am happy for the removal of stamina, skill trees, and shared loot. It has made the game a much more enjoyable experience with out the grief or hassle of those systems.

The only reason why I rate this a 9 out
    of 10 is because I encountered a couple server hiccups that caused me to not play for a few hours. Although this will become less and less in the future, it is the only thing hindering this near perfect launch. Expand
  57. May 20, 2012
    Yes you have to deal with Blizzard's garbage policies. Yes it's worth it. I don't know where all the naysayers were months/years ago while the game was in development, because 90% of the complaints people seem to have about the game have been known about for a looong time. No Diablo 3 isn't perfect, but it is a worthy successor in the series.
  58. May 20, 2012
    Diablo III is probably my second favorite all time game. As soon as I picked it up at Gamestop the day of release I've been hooked. I don't care what people say the game has a lot of great features and choices. After an hour into the game I noticed how easy it was for new players to get used to Diabl III's easy playability. The one and only problem I had with it was the occasional glitching (normal). No matter how much people hate it I will always be by Diablo's side. Expand
  59. May 20, 2012
    The best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has all of the trademark compulsive perfectionist production we have come to expect from blizzard releases. The game is under an unfortunate smear campaign because of people upset with the bumpy launch, which is a given with large scale online releases. I blame this mostly on people who started playing WoW after launch, and are not familiar with launches of this magnitude. Negative user reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, as you can see, the official reviews are 100% positive. Expand
  60. May 20, 2012
    Wow lot's of Blizzard haters. Always stick with the critic reviews. As of this posting 20 of them all positive. User reviews are a joke for this game. It's a piss party.
  61. May 20, 2012
    Metacritic user scores never mean anything anyway, everyone goes by the critic's score.
    This is a perfect example of why. People slamming the game because of minor and expected launch issues. This game is incredible, as long as you don't expect it to be Diablo 2, and just play it for what it is you will not be disapointed.

This game requires a constant internet connection. People are
    complaing but the truth is this is not a single player game. I have had more fun and social moments playing this throughout the week then I have had during my 2 months of SWTOR. Brilliant game. The mechanics are tuned perfectly. Sound and voice work is great. The graphics are pretty ancient but are saved but excellent art and style. I would rate 9/10 but am putting 10/10 to slightly make up for all the half assed negative reviews from people who haven't even played the game... Expand
  62. May 20, 2012
    The DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and four difficulty levels and billions of items make for a fantastic game. Diablo 2's failure was that most items were bad, most skills and builds were bad, and online everything was hacked. Diablo 3 has none of those problems. Incredibly disgusting monsters, frightening gangs made chilling by fantastic music and environment. This is a game that will draw you in, if you let it. Expand
  63. May 20, 2012
    First of all, When I started playing this game and even now, I feel like I am playing Diablo for the first time. It is just that awesome. If you are looking for a clone of Diablo 2, then look elsewhere or just play Diablo 2 instead of complaining like so many CoD kids are. If you are not trying to rush through and just enjoy everything first time through, then it is NOT short at all. The grim Gothic environment has mostly been changed and replace. While it still is grim goth a lot of the time, blizzard aimed and succeeded at making the world seem like a surreal painting.
    The loot system is mostly the same, except when you do multiplayer, everyone gets their own loot drops thus no ninjas (got a complaint? Grow up)
    The skill system has been completely changed, as it should be to make a sequel and not an expansion/clone.
    It is still the general grind, slaughter, loot, and repeat just as always (Hack'N'Slash in general) The audio and atmosphere is brilliant, which includes all the classic sounds, great music like always from blizzard, and great voice acting (more voice acting than EVER) and finally the trademark blizzard humor is there in all its glory (if not overdone..but its blizzard its always overdone.)
    Party size is either you and a single mercenary (which are actually good and have character), or up to 3 or 4 players but no mercs. Difficulty greatly increases the more people in the game like borderlands. Also Story wise: Can't say much but it definitely give huge details about the first games story and more background to that than ever.

The only TRUE problems I have with this game would be: Online only (because of the real money Auction house), and id perfer a better zoom option. Other then that, absolutly love it and I hope this helps for at least trying the Trial version that goes up to the Skeleton King. Sadly most of the people whining are whining about the wrong things or just doing to be trolls. Animations and graphics are nice, are blizzard style, and really if ya got a prob with them...sigh...just stop and go play CoD or look at a pretty picture
  64. May 20, 2012
    Such an addictive game I've already racked up 25 hours into it. Playing as a Wizard and I'm having a real blast. If you are a fan of RPG's or just Blizzard in general pick the game up you wont be dissapointed. Also, all of those who have threatened lives of Blizzard employees or have wished death upon them. You have been reported. Really makes you sad that a video game can bring people to threaten someones life. What a world. Expand
  65. May 20, 2012
    Even I encounter a secious problem while installing (which take a whole day to solved), but once I played and found out that Blizzard still at thier best! Diablo 3 is the best Action RPG with new system has been improved from the second, make you addicted and want to keep playing through.
  66. May 20, 2012
    From he familiar roots of Diablo two, comparing it to three is like comparing it to a set of identical twins. ithe game stays to its roots and provides that interesting and fun challenge that comes to it. from the interesting gameplay, to the continuation of awesome legends like Decard Cain and Tyrael, Diablo three expands off of Diablo 2 and makes it even better.
    The gameplay is
    simplifyed, and true no skill trees, but that doesent define how good the game is supposed to be, why whine if something is easier for you to do? the game still provides interesting skill choices and combinations that creates that strategy that i love about the game. perhaps it would be better if it was slightly longer, as a fan i always wish it was so, but even then there should be no dispute, Diablo 3 is as every bit a classic as i wish, well worth the 59.99 i paid for it.
    and quite honestly, id like to add that sure you unlock stuff at every level but thats a strength not a weakness, i enjoy everytime i level my Wizard class avatar to see what new tricks i can unleash against the Burning Hells.
  67. May 21, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER I HAVE PLAYED IT SO MUCH AND CANT STOP PLAYING AND I NEED TO DO HOMEWORK GOD DAMNIT STUPID SCHOOL I WANNA PLAY DIABLOOOooooooooZOMGLOLroflmao
  68. May 21, 2012
    People are ridiculous. I mean i'm sorry but blizzard knows the potential for this game to be pirated and I for one agree with their decision to make it online all the time play. I mean nobody **** about wow being online always. and honestly with the threat of piracy it could literally make this games sales a complete failure. this is because diablo 3 is all about the main story so if you could pirate and play the games single player offline.. then you could play the entire game all the way to lvl 60 and play any character you want and experience ALL of the currently available content other than playing with your friends.. then i ask you what would be the point of buying the full game? piracy is a very real threat to gaming companies and i agree with any of them that do something like this to protect what they have created. everyone complains....... BUT ITS OUR FAULT we created this problem by stealing games and now we are paying for it and by god its time to pay the piper (and the mob goes wild with anger at a problem they started). game developers dont pirate their own games WE DO!!!!! ITS OUR FAULT that they have to take extreme steps such as this. I can only imagine how hard it is to make a decision like this and to know how much the community will be angry about it, but what choice have we given them? i mean really think about it for a second. they put a lot of hard work into this game and they dont deserve to have it pirated by millions of people. and for those dissapointed with graphics, they may not be battlefield 3 graphics BUT with the amount of spells and enemies and things going on in the game and especially with multiple players there's no way it could work nor could anyone's rig handle it and that is why the graphics cant be as good as something like battlefield but i think they're great just the same :D. ALL you have to do is look at a game like dwarf fortress or mine craft and see how those games can challenge even the very best PC's to run i mean dwarf fortress is aski script for gods sake and people with quad SLI and 4.6 GHZ processors still feel lag in the later parts of the game ( i dont hear anyone complaining about the graphics in those games). the game is fantastic and everyone is just upset that they have to pay for it.. SO GET OVER IT. spend some of your money instead of stealing other peoples hard work. and i have also heard others say that it is to short and that they beat it. I highly doubt it. maybe they beat one play through. well wake up people that is just the tutorial the real game begins when you are lvl 60 playing through the highest difficulty and that is where the real game takes place and the real challenges begin. each group of enemies is so extremely challenging. the first play through is a walk in the park so why not try playing the REAL game and then tell us what you think. All in all I would suggest this game to anyone and everyone.. and no im not a crazy fan boy.. i dont like diablo 1 or 2 and i only got Diablo 3 because i had the annual pass for WOW.. but oh my was i pleasantly surprised with this GEM of a game. IT IS FANTASTIC. more than ever this game is much better and more appealing to a wider audience than the other two games but still has everything a hardcore fan could want in a sequel. the game is just a great time and with friends its even better, story(8/10)- the story is dark and gritty and doesnt take itself to seriously for the most part. I for one loved it!
    Sound (10/10)- The music is best in series and amazing in every way.
    Graphics (9/10)- the graphics are nice and the spell effects are great i love the feel and look of the world!
    Gameplay (9/10)- Fun and easy to get into yet very difficult, versatile and satisfying as the game goes on
    Multiplayer(10/10)- one of the best coop games to date! FUN AS HELL!
    Interface(9/10)- nice polished and easy to use interface, it works perfectly.

the game is great (DRM or not) and if you want a fun challenge to delve deep into and spend a long time mastering and a great coop experience to have then this game will not disappoint. the story, world and soundtrack are all beautiful in their own right and because of these elements you will quickly find yourself deeply immersed in the dark world of Diablo!
  69. May 21, 2012
    I doubt this will even be looked at, but I feel like I have to say something in the wake of so much negative reaction from the Metacritic user base. First of all, is the game perfect? No. There is no getting away from the always on connection and lag in a single player game from time to time -- both of which are a pain. However, these are gripes that can and will be ironed out; offline mode added, number of servers increased, etc.

Once you get into the game, it's still the most enjoyable isometric franchise I can ever remember playing. Combat is satisfying and challenging at higher levels. The classes all have a distinct and differentiated feel about them. The story is good, but the amount rich lore there is to uncover completely enhances it. Graphics could have been better. Environments are stunning but character models definitely have more than a touch of Warcraft about them. I understand that there is a lot going on in certain dungeons, and I've debated with myself if the pros outweigh the cons in this area. I concluded that considering the amount of strain it puts on your system I expect a better end result in this day and age. It's not a gamebreaker by any means, though. In some ways the sound makes up for it. Voice acting, backing tracks, combat effects: all note perfect.

With more content to be added in the future, such as PvP, I do think the potential is there for this game to last years. Some will question if it's better than Diablo 2. The answer is: of course it is. The real question is: is playing the game now in 2012 better than when you first started playing Diablo 2 way back in the late 90's? That's trickier, and only you can answer that one. I can't get past my nostalgia to give a definitive answer, and I suspect ultimately it comes down to how long I genuinely want to keep playing the game for. The best I can say is that I want to want to keep playing it, because right now it's currently my game of the year.
  70. May 21, 2012
    Its not often that a game captivates me, drawing me to play it for hours on end. Diablo 3 has, and fails to disappoint. Diablo 3's Visuals are stunning and vibrant, though not photo realistic, they captivate and engross you in the wonderful world blizzard have created. Diablo 3's visuals take big steps forward from its predecessors, but not too many to take the game away from what is was, alienating veteran players. The audio is strong, vibrant and fitting, especially during the beautiful cinematics. There are also several nostalgic touches such as the sound of healing urns when used, brought from Diablo 2. Fans of the series will no doubt pick up on these details. Game play is top notch. Every element of the game has been thoroughly thought out. Everything just works without a hitch. There have been some bold changes such as taking away skill point allocation, but fortunately these changes work and bring new life to the game. The Controls work well, although it is just a few keys on the keyboard and a mouse. I have read a lot of complaints regarding the 'Internet connection required', and constant server disconnection issues. I may be one of the lucky ones, but I have not yet experienced a single issue since launch, and I have been playing Diablo 3 a lot! Having finished the game twice, and still wanting to play more, I say its money well spent. Thank you Blizzard for taking the time to create such a great sequel. Expand
  71. May 21, 2012
    I've loved Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 is a nice suit. The game had been simplified by Blizzard with caract but still interesting. The graphism are good and even with connexions issues I've finished it in normal and now can play in hell. An offline mode would have been good but i can understand that Blizzard doesn't want to cause of hack... maybe in a new patch...
    Sorry for my English...not so good.
  72. May 21, 2012
    Awesome game. Another great sequel in the Diablo series. Looking forward to the real money auction house. Can't wait to play with my friends, highly recommended!
  73. May 21, 2012
    *No Spoilers.* Diablo 3 is a triumph. From the absolutely stunning art direction to the immersive sounds and music, D3 is professionally built and expertly refined and polished in every area. The gameplay is of course similar to D2 except every clunky or annoying part of D2 has been ironed out or redesigned for a more fluid, intuitive experience. This is not to say that D3 is somehow a shallower or simpler game than its predecessor. 4 difficulty levels, endless skill combinations, and a complex and rewarding crafting system make the game a joy to play at every stage and a challenge to self-avowed hardcore gamers who seek the perfection. Every worry that came up during the beta, whether it was that the game would be too easy or "not dark enough" has been laid to rest. The story line is fantastic and full of twists nobody could have predicted.

If you are interested in trying D3 for free, ask your friends who already own it for a guest pass (they received a few in their game box) or check online for people who are giving away their spare guest pass keys.

And please, don't heed reviews that were written on launch day (May 15, 2012). Not only had none of those reviewers played the full game, but launch was rocky due to the influx of players on the servers. Lag spikes are all but gone at this point.
  74. May 21, 2012
    The characters are diverse, the settings stunning, and the gameplay if involved without being overwhelming (most of the time). The are style is absolutely stunning. I love being able to jump into a game with my wife or friends. In short - it is a lot of fun. I'm going to be spending many years with this game!
  75. May 21, 2012
    There are only 2 things that I can complain about.
    1- Why Blizz made Normal mode i can go pass it with finger in my as*.
    2- I start playing 20 may becouse there are no copies in my country in any shop (poor Blizzard)
  76. May 21, 2012
    Disregard the low User Score. People were angry with the server issues and gave the game a very low score, when really their "reviews" had nothing to do with the actual game.

So here is my honest opinion of the game:

Graphics - Are great; at first I thought they looked to similar to WoW, but after really paying attention, it is awesome to see the detail on some of the enemies from
    Diablo 2 (i.e. Fallen). The levels look amazing too, down to every blood smear. THE CUT SCENES ARE AMAZING!!!! graphically speaking. Also, each item has a different look on each different class, so it is easier to "look the part."

Sound - The Sound is good. The voice acting is very good, and the MUSIC is GREAT. It really sets the tone for the game, and is new and fresh, while still being giving you that nice sense of nostalgia.

Gameplay - There are some latency issues that cause lag, but for myself (using wireless) it usually isn't too big an issue. Controls are fairly standard, and the ability to remap your powers is very handy. The physics are well done.
    The game has lots of replay-ability, especially if you love to dungeon crawl and farm for awesome loot. The leveling system at first seems gimped, but when you get into it and figure out what you're doing, it is much larger and more in depth than Diablo 2. Removing the stats from the game takes away one more thing to worry about if you aren't into micro managing, but personally I liked having the power to control my stats. You can still control your stats, but only to the extent of equipping gear with the desired stat increase.
    Follower seem able enough, and if nothing else a couple of them have decent passive skills that can help you (example: health regen). The Auction House and Crafting are currently at odds; no need to put money into crafting if you can just buy stuff in the Gold Auction house (or Real Money Auction house). However, I see the two eventually hitting a nice equilibrium, where you craft rare items and then sell them in the Auction House.
    There are random quests you can find while exploring that give you reason to check out every little nook and cranny, and they are a nice addition to the monotony of dungeon crawling.

Overall, Diablo III is everything I wished for in a new entry to the series. While it is different, it is hardly ever for the worse. It is worth every bit of its price tag, and I cannot wait to get every class leveled up to 60! If you are a die hard Diablo fan, you can't go wrong with this game (unless you are an uber-fanboy, who constantly complain about everything on the forums, and, for the majority, posted the below negative QQ reviews).

tl;dr: Best Game I've played in a while, and probably for a long time to come :)
  77. May 21, 2012
    I somewhat expected the launch day to be crazy with server issues as Blizzard games tend to be one of the few companies who would have millions of people trying to log in at the same time. Having an IT background I am more forgiving on this as I have been in that situation where despite your preparation it is crazy to have that many people logging in at the stroke of midnight. Also on the topic of DRM I think from a business stand point this is the way to go keep pirating down. Lord knows they lost a lot of profits when Diablo 2 released with cd-key generators and other means of pirating. I know some say do it like Steam were thereâ Expand
  78. May 21, 2012
    The game is awesome. It is a lot of fun and addicting. It has the nostalgic of when I played D2. People complain about the graphics, but what they don't realize it was smart on Blizzards move to make the game accessible to everyone no matter what their system requirements are. Even the Macbook Air runs the game see Kotaku's article.

There are only a few problems I have with it and one is
    you have to be connected to Blizzard servers to play. Which is good for 'cloud' storage of your character and to prevent all those hack mods that was apparent in D1 and D2 so it is a trade.

Another one would be the story, it is good but not what I thought it would be. I think they played it safe. I will leave it at that so I leave no spoilers.

I have been playing Diablo and Diablo 2 since their first release and with that experience I'd like to say that this game is worthy of the Diablo series name. Go enjoy.
  79. May 21, 2012
    Thank you for many years has been worth bekledgınıze sticks his palm perfectly yalasınlar bilizzard the lowest score in those consoles Happy varsın I think they are mainly
  80. May 21, 2012
    This game is awesome, I think its stupid that some people think its garbage because they keep getting DC and the part with Tyrael not being original.... Who cares like honestly the game came out only a week ago of course your going to DC alot and it doesn't matter that the Tyrael part was original you know why because almost every game has taken something from a movie/game and there still awesome. I think this game deserves a 9 because not only is the story good IMO I think the story has great replay value and the multiplayer is awesome when you play with friends, and the difficulties are cool like hardcore mode... Blizzard doesn't deserve the 2300 negative user scores because so called "haters" didn't like how they did things with this game... well here's an idea don't play the game then like seriously if all you have is hate to give then keep your mouth shut! And this complaining about the graphics WAAAHH graphics don't make a great game plus the people saying the story sucks like wtf? Its a good story and im pretty sure blizz is making expansion packs for the future to come. They did this to mass effect 3 now Diablo... NO! Just what im saying is, if you don't like it don't play it and don't leave your **** comments for people who do like it Expand
  81. May 21, 2012
    This game only receives a 5 from me. It was fun for the first few hours but there is no reason to continue playing. The game just doesn't have that addictive feeling that most good games have.
  82. May 22, 2012
    Great game! Played the first, the second and now this one.. the game has everything you come to expect from a Blizzard game!

I don't like the fact that i need to be connected to the internet to play single player mode but i understand why blizzard did that. Right from the start of the game you get the feeling that there is a long thought process behind every element in the game.

I didn't
    finish the game yet, but i'm in act 3 right now and enjoying every second of it. Cant wait to unlock the other difficulty's because the normal difficulty is too easy :) Expand
  83. May 22, 2012
    Diablo III was fantastic, it's provided me the most fun I've had in the last year playing a PC game, that's counting Skyrim, ME3 and all the other good games that have come out in the past year. It has fantastic graphics, sound and gameplay, and even though as a longtime Diablo player, I would have liked to see the skill system remain the same way, they changed it and it's completely understandable. If leveling up and grinding through Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno searching for gear is what you want to do, Diablo is the perfect place to do it. Excited for an expansion to continue the story and add more content, but what we've got right now is pretty darn awesome too. Expand
  84. May 22, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. Love the areas, randomization, talking between your character and followers (scoundrel especially). Events are amazing - I played one area for 5 times and always saw different content. Cinematics are great.. Worth the money
  85. May 22, 2012
    Ok, dont listen to people **** the game because of the famous error 37 or something like that, this occur only in the first 24 hours of the launch, since then, the game has no connection bug at all. This game is very well done, graphic and environment are more then epic. Blizzard has done a great job in the gameplay this is the best Hack and Slash i've ever played. I'm going to play this game for years. Deserve a 10/10. Expand
  86. May 22, 2012
    I am having some serious fun playing this game. In my case, most of my gaming friends don't live close to me anymore, so using Battlenet multiplayer is a good thing. We just use Ventrilo or mumble for VOIP. Alot of people wish it had a single player offline version. I agree with this. I would be online anyway, but I can see the point in it. Of-course it does suck if Blizzards servers go down or glitch out, like they did the first few days after release. That is why I am only giving the game a 9. However, The game is very fun. Act 1 and most of Act 2 in normal mode are pretty easy, but the difficulty does pick up alot. Before release I replayed Diablo 2. It was still a fun game. Seriously thou, Diablo 3 really does put it to shame in every aspect. I didn't like the idea of no more skill trees and stat points at first, but now I like the new system better than the old. When playing Diablo 2, I would lock into a couple talents and dump all the skill points into them to make them strong. The side effect is I am stuck doing the same thing throughout the game. Diablo 3 is not like that. You can configure your character for different situations like boss fights, outdoor, indoor, etc, and keep changing things up as you keep getting new talents/runes. Great game, lots of fun. I would recommend to anyone with a decent internet connection. Expand
  87. May 22, 2012
    First of all I have to say LMAO to all the hackers and that one guy who's reviewed the game over and over again with a different user, exact same terrible grammar and exact same complaints.

Ok so being a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, I was overjoyed when I got access to Diablo 3 Beta and loving every second of my first play through of the beta (played through it plenty of times with all
    classes) I could not wait for the full game (had my collectors edition pre ordered) I got the game and installed and started playing with 0 issues on day 1. Diablo 3 is a fantastic game I like the fact that I don't have to allocate stats because I don't have to guess where to put them or look up builds which btw in Diablo 2 nobody had unique builds, each class only had a couple builds each that worked well. Now I don't need to guess when I'm using a monk hmmmm would it be better to level dex or int, same with the massive skill tree's with almost 0 way to reset points, Diablo 3 has plenty of skills to play around with which you aquire from leveling up, plus 5 rune stones for each skill which modify what the skill does. So let's break this down to actual numbers. Each class has 6 skill catagories 4 of those catagories have 4 skills and 2 have 5 skills that equals 22 skills with 5 modifying rune stones each THEN your character has another 15 passive skills so that's 37 skills per class with 130 ways to modify them so yeah that's a pretty extensive skill system.

Graphics, my only worry about Diablo 3 before playing it was that it was going to look to much like WoW, then I got into the beta and was pleasantly surprised, the graphics are not colorful like WoW there definetly dark like Diablo 2, they aren't state of the art like Battlefield 3 then again Diablo isn't a first person shooter, it's a top down action RPG and for a top down action RPG the graphics are good, the back round environment flows really well with the foreground, the character and monster animations are great.

I see people complaining about the story too, the story is fine, it certainly isn't inferior to Diablo 2's story they are on par with each other.

The sound and music is also fantastic, if I didn't know the team that worked on Diablo 2 wasn't involved with Diablo 3, I would be surprised that they aren't as the same twangy, moody, creepy music is still there and sounds great.

DRM this is where the whiny babies really shined! Ok having to be online to be able to play is annoying when the servers are down, I've been playing since the game came out and I haven't had one issue with the server, maybe its because I don't have time to play the game 24/7 and don't notice every little second of downtime but what I have played on average 2 to 3 hours a day since May 15th I've had 0 issues with the server. I can understand that a lot of people are going to base there bad review solely on DRM because they can't torrent the game for free, I for one found the $59.99 price tag or in my case $99 price tag worth every penny and I'm happy to support Blizzard.

In conclusion I personally love nostalgia i.e game remakes and long time span sequels and Diablo 3 DOES NOT disappoint in any aspect, I love playing the game and getting to area's that I've explored before and see there graphical improvements or coming across stuff like the moon clan and seeing how awesome they look in D3! I find it sad after reading a ton of these reviews where people are giving the game 0 because they have issues connecting to the server 15 minutes after the game launches, its pathetic really. So people please don't buy into the trolls, seek out the intellegently written reviews good or bad then base your decision on that. Worth the 11 year wait? YES DEFINETLY I can only hope that it doesn't take long for expansions and new content!!

10/10.
  88. May 22, 2012
    I firmly believe that this game deserves more than what you people are giving it, It is a pretty damn solid game that isent perfect but has the same kind of charm that Diablo 2 had and don't get up in a tantrum because there were server problems and don't blame blizzard! .GO after activition because their corporate control over blizzard causing the server crashes because they are constantly pushed to work on the real money auction house! That's why I am proud to give this game a 9/10. Expand
  89. May 22, 2012
    So I'm 100 hours into the game and it isn't as bad as everyone said. This game is truly amazing! Blizzard drop the ball on release day server issues. This metacritic user score is their punishment. but the core game is great.
  90. May 22, 2012
    Diablo 3 is really good. between the great loot system and the fun combat. It is just amazing. Having not played the first two, i expected to not really know what was going on in the story. However, thankfully a wikia helped me out. And to all of the people that are saying that this game is too short, well, you have not experienced the full of Diablo 3. Take some time, appreciate the work that has been done. Try the game with different characters. Dont just stop after the first character. Try harder difficulties. Bottom line, Diablo 3 is a fun game that you shouldnt miss. Expand
  91. May 22, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the best game I have played so far for 2012. I have played over 60 hours now and all I want to do is play more. I would change a few things but very few. I give it a 9 but because all the haters are out in force I will bump it to a 10.
  92. May 22, 2012
    People quit complaining. just because you don't like the story doesn't mean the game deserves a 0, or because you couldn't play may 15 th. The story isn't perfect but the gameplay and multiplayer is so freaking good and addicting, I love this game even MORE than diablo 2 and that's saying something. The graphics don't look like BF3 or crysis but they at least look VERY good for this type of game and a less demanding game, means what? MORE players, there's a reason why valve's games are so successfull they are fun as h*** and not demanding at all. Expand
  93. May 22, 2012
    Having bought Diablo II a few months ago and not getting on well with it (maybe the blocky graphics on a 27" monitor was just a bit too much!), I've started Diablo III with a rather spiffing character and I'm having a blast. Yes the customisation isn't exactly all encompassing from the off and the game play is quite linear but it's still great fun. The conversations are interesting, with good voice acting and the sense of further danger and doom ahead hanging over your head.
    The graphics and sound are fantastic and I've had no issues with connections (only played a few hours though).
    A great game that will keep me busy until the 12th of October when the main event, X-Com Enemy Unknown is released (bought an uber P.C for this...anticipation is not the word!)
  94. May 23, 2012
    Amazing gameplay , Amazing storyline , Amazing graphics .
    only thing i would change is the side quests that are rare to find and quick wich i wish there was more of them . By adding side quests it'll become more free world game than just a storyline . better be changed in the DLC :
  95. May 23, 2012
    the game is an improvementto diablo 2 in every way more difficultieseven more loot the adition of the acction house it gets u hooked and never lets go its a game that u can play for an entire weekendwithout getting,bored
  96. May 23, 2012
    I can't believe so many spoiled children lose their time registering here and give what has to be the largest collection of ridiculous and one-sided reviews on internet.
    First of all this game is not a RPG game, at least not in the classical definition of it so stop calling it like that; You can call it hack-n-slash or eventually action-RPG. I play it since the release and this game is by
    far the most addictive and beautifully crafted of its kind. The atmosphere and gameplay are close to perfection.
    Come on this is a Blizzard game ! Did you spend the last ten years in a hole ? You guys expect a BF3 quality game when Blizzard has shown to always chose cartoon-like graphics which do not require war-machines to run, in order to make their games accessible to the largest audience possible. And that's a good choice. The game runs like in a dream, not like most of the games being released recently which all need large patches 24 to 48 hours post-release because they are sold weeks too early.
    I see a lot of reviews describing bugs, but after 20+ hours of gameplay I still have to see one in game. Of course there has been this very much expected "37 error" for maybe 24 hours after the release but did you honestly expect anything else ? Blizzard runs what is by far the most popular on-line game in history (WoW). Don't you think they know how to deal with high load on servers, can't you just stop acting like spoiled kids and wait just couple of hours for the excitation to go down ? These reactions are just a shame...
    And for the so-called "simplification" of gameplay and skills, this was to be expected as well. If you play WoW the tendency exists since couple of years ( at lest the two last WoW expansions). Blizzard started with skill trees pretty much inspired from D2 and after some time (the two first expansions let's say) it was clear that this gives only the illusion of freedom. Anybody trying to play at least half correctly knows that each class or specialty has one or two optimum builds that gets posted all over the Internet and that 90+% of players end up choosing. Don't you think Blizzard collects stats about that ? So the fact that they reduce the skill trees to smaller ones but proposing more meaningful choices is here again a good choice. I am pretty sure that all in all D3 will exhibit more diversity in class builds than WOW or D2.
    And finally for the "Internet connection required" issue, I am pretty sure that it is linked to the fact that the real-currency auction house has to be kept protected at all cost and I am pleased the Blizzard's people are aware of it. The mob of short-sighted people posting here are criticizing the real-currency auction house, but can you blame Blizzard for wanting some control over an economy that WILL emerge from the game no matter what happens ? Think of the gold-selling chinese farmers you meet on almost every WoW server and you'll know what I mean.
    So you guys want a elitist hackable 2012 version of D2 with enhanced graphics...
    Thank god this is not what Blizzard gave us, bur instead one of the most enjoyable gaming experience in the last couple of years.
  97. May 23, 2012
    Absolutely love the game. The simplicity of this game, along with the social aspect, will make it a winner in the long term. The beauty of blizzard's games is revealed in end-game interaction, where a whole new experience manifests. PvP, gear-grinding, and the auction house as a model of an economy will drive the long-term user interaction. I believe this is a winner.
  98. May 23, 2012
    Diablo and Diablo 2 were huge parts of my childhood and were masterpieces of the gaming industry. Diablo 3 is no exception to the franchise. Gameplay is seemless, character building is versatile and items are as exciting to come by as cash on the street. I think people's criticisms about the always-on DRM are misguided. I think majority of gamers don't have a problem being online to play a game. Persistent characters and low chance of players cheating gives massive integrity to the game.

Overall D3 is probably the best thing that has happened to PC in the last 5 or 6 years.
  99. May 23, 2012
    Just to clarify, I'm only talking about the game itself here. I personally don't care about the login issues; they're bound to happen at the launch of such a huge game as this (more than 6 million copies purchased so far), and the Blizzard staff did do their very best to solve any problem as fast as possible.
    Now on to the review: simply put, Diablo 3 is amazing. It takes the best of the 2
    previous games and further improves and adds to it.
    The graphics are detailed, pretty and realistic.
    The gameplay is fast, fun, simple at its core yet open to complexity, strategy and a very high level of personalization.
    Each and every class is fun to play. They all have very distinctive "flavors" and personalities and you will want to play though at least Normal mode with each class, just to see their respective characteristics at play.
    The story is good, with a few unexpected twists and a satisfactory ending that still leaves room for future expansions and games on the Diablo franchise.
    The voice acting is beautiful and the characterization is quite deep and credible, which is amazing considering just how short the storyline actually is, at least if compared with a "traditional" RPG like Final Fantasy and its ilk. Even the followers characters feel like real people.
    If you liked Diablo and Diablo 2, I believe you will absolutely love Diablo 3.
  100. May 25, 2012
    Since I am a Blizzard fan boy anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, however, I am appalled that so many users gave this game such a low score simply because they had server issues. Yes, the game was not playable for many of you at launch, but that does not mean it is not a good game. In fact it IS! Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to D2. The gameplay is as addictive as ever and the loot system keeps you coming back for more. Apart from its story, which honestly could have been much more engaging, this game is amazing! Donâ Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012