Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 15, 2012
    Best game I have ever played. I didn't have any of the log-in issues and was at the gym when the server went down. A few days from now when all the problems are solved for good people will recognize the awesomeness of this game.
  2. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the trolls. Diablo 3 is just as fun as its predecessors. I'm about 6 hours in and LOVING it. There have been some hiccoughs at launch, but they will diminish.
  3. May 15, 2012
    Might be fun. Dunno cause errors non-stop and I cant play it. They take a million years to launch this game and no one can log in. Stayed up till 3am to log in at launch, couldnt. Try to play the next day, servers down, couldnt play...
  4. May 15, 2012
    Lets review this game based on login errors and not being able to play. Metacritic user scores were always a joke, but this is just the nail in the coffin for this site. Terrible, terrible site.
  5. May 15, 2012
    I don't think people know what they're talking about, there's a good reason the game has no offline mode and that's because real money auction house wouldn't exist with it. Also their game just launched, haven't you all figured out that online only games tend to get full on release no matter how big the publishers think the servers is? I've enjoyed the game thoroughly with and withoutI don't think people know what they're talking about, there's a good reason the game has no offline mode and that's because real money auction house wouldn't exist with it. Also their game just launched, haven't you all figured out that online only games tend to get full on release no matter how big the publishers think the servers is? I've enjoyed the game thoroughly with and without friends with several classes and it is without a doubt a genuinely entertaining sequel. Expand
  6. May 15, 2012
    What a great game. Sucks that servers are acting up. But the flow and feel of this game are great. The multiplayer experience is awesome and there are so many ways to make a character. I am glad I don't have to do so much un-needed character tweeking. There were only a few goods way to make a character in Diablo 2, so it was way to cumbersome. A lot of silly people out there would say theyWhat a great game. Sucks that servers are acting up. But the flow and feel of this game are great. The multiplayer experience is awesome and there are so many ways to make a character. I am glad I don't have to do so much un-needed character tweeking. There were only a few goods way to make a character in Diablo 2, so it was way to cumbersome. A lot of silly people out there would say they don't like not having to waste time groaning over their stats, but I think if they give a shot they will find this game to be great. Great additions. Can not wait to get to the hard difficulty levels where it will get even more important how you play and what skills you choose based on your team mates build. Expand
  7. May 15, 2012
    From what it seems, people are upset about character creation, which to me, not having character creation in Diablo 3 was expected. It's Diablo, It isn't an MMO, your character won't really mean as much customized. Another point people are making is that you always have to be online, and they are upset, but then complain the graphics are cartoon-y (it's Blizzard, this should have beenFrom what it seems, people are upset about character creation, which to me, not having character creation in Diablo 3 was expected. It's Diablo, It isn't an MMO, your character won't really mean as much customized. Another point people are making is that you always have to be online, and they are upset, but then complain the graphics are cartoon-y (it's Blizzard, this should have been expected) and that it is 2012 and we should have better. Big shocker here, it's also 2012, you should have internet. Another thing, the game has been out for about 14 hours at the time of this post, and there are so many people complaining about the connection issues. Jesus fricken christ people, it hasn't even been one day! Every single game that comes out experiences this, give them time to adjust to the amount of people playing, I guarantee it will be fixed.
    To the person that beat the story in three hours, good job playing the game, I'm sure you explored every single area there is to explore with all 5 classes. I'm sure glad you got the full experience, and to be honest you are probably better off without your account. And one last thing about the graphics, you knew exactly what this game was going to look like many months ago. Just because it is 2012, does not mean that every game will look the same or extremely detailed. This is a fantasy game for one, I know there are fantasy games out there that look nice, and two, comparing that to any form of art/music. "Well, it doesn't look the same as so-and-so's piece of art, it's obviously bad."
    /rant
    I woke up real early before work and got a few hours played in, and completed the beta multiple times. I could run back and forth between the beginning and the skelly king thousands of more times and still be content. I'll have more to play later, but everything I have experienced in this game so far has been fantastic. The only time I have had a server connection problem was in the beta, and it was only for a few hours. Overall, I give this game a 10/10 for what I have played.
  8. May 15, 2012
    First the negative: it was a bit of a pain in the ass to get on the first couple of hours due to high server loads, and while I think they could have implemented some sort of queue so you didn't just have to spam login I think we all expected it and from a technical standpoint there was absolutely no way to prevent it.

The positive: Blizzard has made a FANTASTIC game, the constant online

The positive: Blizzard has made a FANTASTIC game, the constant online play makes hacking/duping much more difficult and after the first couple days the high server load issue will decline extremely rapidly. As someone who got terribly bored playing the first two Diablo games for anything more than a week at a time I still find this addicting like neither of them ever were. Bravo Blizzard.

This would have been a 10 but for the lack of a queue on login.
  9. May 15, 2012
    Seriously people rating 0/10 because they can't log in or just because of one little thing? Should you be even rating something if you haven't played it? Anyway, yes there are some problems with the game like server issues and no offline so 1 point off for that (not 10 off because thats retarded). I have played 7 hours of the game and i'm still in act 2 so if you don't rush through theSeriously people rating 0/10 because they can't log in or just because of one little thing? Should you be even rating something if you haven't played it? Anyway, yes there are some problems with the game like server issues and no offline so 1 point off for that (not 10 off because thats retarded). I have played 7 hours of the game and i'm still in act 2 so if you don't rush through the game you can expect maybe 12-14 hours of glorious gaming on normal difficulty. Game play wise the combat is visceral and fast paced; the story so far is okay, not great because it is somewhat contrived. You do get a skill every level but you can customize skills with runes, also you don't get anymore attribute points instead you are given them; in my opinion this is a good thing because the attribute system in Diablo 2 was basically enough strength for gear, enough dex for max block, and then dump the rest into vitality, basically fake customization. I'm honestly glad they got rid of the ye olde attribute system. Expand
  10. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is very good!I like a diverse mix of skills, easy to play, after the first hour of launch with everyone in the world trying to log in, access & gamepaly was flawless. I actually prefer the art-based graphic style that still looks good .
  11. May 15, 2012
    It really upsets me how some gamers can be so biased and childish. To give some background: I grew up on Diablo and Diablo II; and I played them so much that I can practically recognize the Tristram opening guitar chord in any piece of music that I listen to. First off: the problems with the servers at launch. I find it ridiculous for almost 1000 users to give a game a bad review because aIt really upsets me how some gamers can be so biased and childish. To give some background: I grew up on Diablo and Diablo II; and I played them so much that I can practically recognize the Tristram opening guitar chord in any piece of music that I listen to. First off: the problems with the servers at launch. I find it ridiculous for almost 1000 users to give a game a bad review because a game had server problems at launch. For those of you who are personally offended because of this problem, I only have this to say: AN ONLINE GAME OF THIS SIZE AND SCOPE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WHEN IT FIRSTS LAUNCHES. It is ridiculous to think that a game that will be played by millions of people online at a time will not have problems when it first launches. Also, the sole fact that there are almost 1000 negative reviews for it and the game has barely been out for 24 hours is astonishing. OMG THEY CHANGED THE ORIGINAL GAMEPLAY A BIT, I GUESS I SHOULD CRAP ALL OVER THE GAME ON A WEBSITE. Grow up. I sincerely doubt that the the reviewers that took the user score down to a 3.5 actually played the game all the way through. All this being said, I have not played the game all of the way through yet either, however I am adult enough to say that so far the game is different from the originals, but still an extremely solid and engaging game. I have had a great time with what I have played so far and I have not wanted to stop playing yet. There is still the chance that I will get to the end of the game and be disappointed, at which point I will then post a fair review of the game. I simply wanted to give this game a 10/10 to try and balance out the douchebaggery going on here. I have seen it many times in this site: anticipated game comes out, a couple of problems with game (whether technical or opinion), give the game a crappy review before the game is given a proper chance. It comes down to this when it comes to anticipated sequels: if it is too similar it is a rehash, if it is too different it "isn't for fans of the original." Gamers who review on this site need to start throwing out their preconceptions of anticipated games and give them a fair chance before trashing them. Rant over, grow up, play game through, then review. Expand
  12. May 15, 2012
    I am an older gamer who was starting to think I had lost an interest in video games. Today I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. This game is fantastic. At the moment it deserves a 9. Time will tell if it deserves a 10. I'm giving it a 10 just to offset the absurd number of "0" ratings that showed up at midnight before anyone had even played the game.

Ignore any reviews in the 0-3 range

Ignore any reviews in the 0-3 range that don't offer any real criticism of the game itself. The servers were down for a few hours, and people who haven't even played the game are taking out their frustrations here. People are also complaining about "DRM," and don't seem to understand how Diablo 3 functions as a multiplayer game. I'll take a dupe-free Diablo 3 over a single-player Diablo 3.
  13. May 15, 2012
    I've been very impressed with Diablo 3 thus far. The art direction is incredible - the scenery is dark, gorgeous, saturated and not overly cartoony. Every class is a joy to play, with a wide array of skills. Runes really add depth to the gameplay experience, and there are so many build options for people to try out and enjoy.

The quest and event system has been greatly improved over

The quest and event system has been greatly improved over previous games, and it just feels streamlined and well-designed. Multiplayer is a joy now that players are no longer competing for loot, and boss fights are actually challenging.

All in all, this looks to be on of the best video games I've ever played, and I'm so excited that Blizzard created it. It's clear that a lot of love went into this game.
  14. May 16, 2012
    10 hours into the game. The cutscene into act 2 made me cry. This is a fantastic game.

The server issues will be fixed. This is BLIZZARD, people...................................
  15. May 16, 2012
    Brilliant game, exactly what i was expecting it to be, better than diablo 2, the people whining are because they haven't caught up with the times and need to let go of their rose tinted goggles
  16. May 17, 2012
    Stupid noob haters, the game is amazing.. if you don't like the graphics just use the Darkd3 mod and it will become amazing. This is the funniest game after Diablo 2 and me and my friend are in love with it.
    Giving 0 to this game mean that you should go play Call of Duty or The Sims.
  17. May 18, 2012
    Please don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have noPlease don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have no opinion whatsoever. They probably never had an original thought in their tiny brains, so by listening to the masses you may as well downgrade your IQ by 60 points. What it is with gamers and their sense of self entitlement? Big bunch of whiney panzie asses, that I'm embarrased to be grouped with these morons who litter gaming and quite frankly should be banned on some trumped up STUPID CLAUSE. I am sure somewhere its a sin to be this dumb. This whole affair is turning into another ME3 (another fine game torn to pieces by Idiots who didn't get what THEY wanted) Anyhow, Diablo 3, whilst isn't going to set the world on fire with originality, is awesome fun solo and fantastic fun with four mates linked in. A worthy purchase, if with the draconian DRM . Expand
  18. May 18, 2012
    While there are some issues with logins the first 2 days, I can honestly say that this game is awesome. Although a bit short and frustrating at times, I can finally kill thousands of demons with friends AGAIN. 8/10
  19. May 19, 2012
    I'm surprised how so many people hate the game. Yes, it's not Diablo II, but it isn't supposed to be. The game is entertaining and charming in many ways. I'd recommend it to anyone who can simply enjoy something without comparing it to a previous game or rushing through and then saying "nah, it's crap".
  20. May 16, 2013
    I'll never understand the negative comments on this game.. its WAY up there as one of the best PC games every made. Complaints about needing an internet connection are about 20 years out of date. Complaints about repetitive game-play miss the point entirely of what is one of the best examples of an ARPG. Its highly polished, very accomplished and extremely mature. Miss it and you'd be nuts.
  21. May 25, 2012
    This was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs orThis was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs or the login issues the first day, this is expected new games always have wrinkles to iron out, but overall this is a game well deserving of a 10! Expand
  22. May 31, 2012
    A lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. TheA lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. The graphics wont blow you away but they get the job done and allow great visual design for a top down view game. There is so much going on you need all the bright and dark difference in color to follow the action and act fast and accordingly. Music in a headset is just right and dosnt try to rock you out and become annoying. Play control may take a bit of getting used to for some but is second nature once you just except it and practice. It takes the kind of player who really enjoys the lure of power and progression with a true sense that you earn it as it becomes harder and harder to grab that great gear. If your just a casual gamer looking for a story or some kind of game that changes gaming forever than you may not find the appeal of D3, but for all of you who are min maxers and loot whores who love that challenge and satisfaction of becoming the most powerful player you can be, than this game will drive you forward with the promise of power better than any game that has come before. Expand
  23. May 15, 2012
    why are people giving bad reviews? I have been a massive fan of blizzard game for a long time now, having played d1,d2 and now D3 It's simply amazing! first day the game is release, people cry because their are 5million + trying to login at the same time.. Server shut down it was a 90% chance of happening on the day it went live! people need to chill out! I have only playedwhy are people giving bad reviews? I have been a massive fan of blizzard game for a long time now, having played d1,d2 and now D3 It's simply amazing! first day the game is release, people cry because their are 5million + trying to login at the same time.. Server shut down it was a 90% chance of happening on the day it went live! people need to chill out! I have only played to act 2 and everything I have done or been involved in as been amazing! the artwork and detail they have put into this game is 10/10 gameplay is 10/10 the only thing which i give a 8/10 is the graphics but blizzard make it up in everything else! TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS GUYS !! GO OUT AND BUY THE GAME!! I am loving every minute of it and I cant wait to get back home and play tonight after work!! I've had little sleep and I feel like I'm a child again playing Diablo 2. PEACE!! Expand
  24. May 15, 2012
    Great game that fully realized the potential of the last two diablo games. Having to wait an hour after midnight to play was what I expected so for me personally it didn't destroy my experience like some of those whining on here
  25. May 15, 2012
    After the initial server problems, the game ran perfectly. The audio is perfect in its usage, and the visuals are spot on in creating the essential atmosphere that is Diablo. The game definitely deserves a perfect score considering the launch was a single day of the game's entire lifespan.
  26. May 16, 2012
    People can say what they want, but most of the changes are for the best. If you played all the Diablo's it is easy to see within about 5 minutes that it is more fun, more depth, and takes more skill to play.
  27. May 15, 2012
    I love this game. It's DAY 1, people need to shut up about the servers being down. I understand it's hard to get used to with not allocating points and whatnot but I've enjoyed the game quite a bit in the time I've played. You guy's just need to calm down.
  28. May 15, 2012
    I don't understand where all of the hate is coming from. This is a good game. It is brand new. there are going to be some hiccups when it is released and Blizzard is scrambling to get them fixed. Now for the review. Graphics: I think they are gorgeous they look how the designers imagined them. Almost a painting like quality. Sound: The music is Blizzard epic. Like WoW and DiabloI don't understand where all of the hate is coming from. This is a good game. It is brand new. there are going to be some hiccups when it is released and Blizzard is scrambling to get them fixed. Now for the review. Graphics: I think they are gorgeous they look how the designers imagined them. Almost a painting like quality. Sound: The music is Blizzard epic. Like WoW and Diablo 2 it gives the game the extra atmosphere it needs. Sound effects are a little underwhelming. Gameplay: A little simplistic but the difficulty makes up for the simplistic skills. Expand
  29. May 15, 2012
    This game may not be another series to tie me over for 6+ years like WoW did but just like the original two titles of the Diablo series the third is a great game. Aside from the release day problems this game is going to give me hundreds of hours of gameplay. The reason the rating is so low is because of the hipster trend to down-rate games in mass, the server problems contributed to this.
  30. Dec 20, 2012
    Looking at the pages and pages of 0's, 90%< of them say "couldn't log in for 12 hours, rubbish". Now that is fixed, all these reviews should be removed so that this game can get a proper rating from people taking it seriously.

Great game, endless hours of fun, especially with the big patches, getting better all the time.
  31. May 18, 2012
    I played both previous episodes and the 3rd one is no disappointment for me. Gorgeous graphics, beautiful music and very good gameplay. All of this enabled us and our friends to find the exact same pleasure as before when we allied to fight the forces of evil.

Even if there were some connections problems on 1st day, they disappeared on 2nd day.

Good job Blizzard
  32. May 19, 2012
    Diablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a gameDiablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a game to rush through, but to savor and enjoy in small, delicious slices. People tend to forget that Diablo's charm lies in its own simplicity. People looking for anything other than compulsive clicking and looting should play different games, fortunately the world is full of alternatives. For me, Diablo III is what I wanted. Thanks Blizzard for sticking to the core of this franchise instead of trying to make it something else. Expand
  33. May 24, 2012
    This is an excellent game with exactly the production values you have come to expect from Blizzard. I have not encountered significant problems logging on, the lag spikes have been short and tolerable, and other than that I have no complaints. The game itself is exactly what I expected and I expected great things.
  34. May 15, 2012
    I loved diablo 2. I spent thousands of hours playing that game from my childhood, through high school and all throughout college. Now I'm an adult and playing D3 brings me back. People whine that it is different, but I don't see it. It feels the same, but better. It's more visceral. It's darker. The monsters are more vivid and the characters are more real. I see more customization, notI loved diablo 2. I spent thousands of hours playing that game from my childhood, through high school and all throughout college. Now I'm an adult and playing D3 brings me back. People whine that it is different, but I don't see it. It feels the same, but better. It's more visceral. It's darker. The monsters are more vivid and the characters are more real. I see more customization, not less. The game is perfect and I foresee myself playing even more hours on D3 than I did on D2. Don't listen to the naysayers. When Diablo 2 came out people were pissed and they though D1 was better. This is just another incantation of that same tried thing. When companies do something different (as Blizzard often does) the fans react negatively. They don't understand the design decisions, but once the servers are up and running well and people have really played the game, they'll be reminded why they love Diablo and they'll come to love this installment too. Trust me, buy this game. Expand
  35. May 15, 2012
    Ridiculously fun, a worthy third installment in the Diablo series. The action is far more physical and visceral than Diablo 2, with bodies, body parts, broken bits of furniture etc. flying around the screen as you hack and slash. Gorgeous graphics, with a soft-focus "painted" style backdrop to contrast against the foreground action. Typical cheeseball Diablo storyline (and what a delightRidiculously fun, a worthy third installment in the Diablo series. The action is far more physical and visceral than Diablo 2, with bodies, body parts, broken bits of furniture etc. flying around the screen as you hack and slash. Gorgeous graphics, with a soft-focus "painted" style backdrop to contrast against the foreground action. Typical cheeseball Diablo storyline (and what a delight it is to hear Deckard Cain's voice again). Character classes are fun right from the start, rather than spending an age autoattacking due to only having one or two weak skills and a tiny mana pool - the resource builder/spender system is a great leap forward. But there's really no one word which can sum this up better than "FUN". Expand
  36. May 15, 2012
    A very polished and fun game - make no mistake about that. Diablo 3 is hardly original, but who really expected it to be? The core gameplay is intact and very fun, and I think that's all most people wanted. However: the "always online" aspect of the game is extremely frustrating. This does not justify giving the game 0 for failing to log in, I feel... but it still sucks. The item system isA very polished and fun game - make no mistake about that. Diablo 3 is hardly original, but who really expected it to be? The core gameplay is intact and very fun, and I think that's all most people wanted. However: the "always online" aspect of the game is extremely frustrating. This does not justify giving the game 0 for failing to log in, I feel... but it still sucks. The item system is fantastic and the storytelling is quite enjoyable too, although it's sad to see skill trees go. Still, there are tons of skills to experiment with and once the server issues are resolved, good times are ahead. :) Expand
  37. May 15, 2012
    I've never reviewed anything on metacritic before but after reading the many of the negative reviews and seeing what their gripe is I felt compelled. Diablo III is an impressive game that stands on it's own. I would like to take a moment to touch on just a few of the "reasons" people have given as a reason to scoring the game with a 3 or lower. First, you must be connected to the internetI've never reviewed anything on metacritic before but after reading the many of the negative reviews and seeing what their gripe is I felt compelled. Diablo III is an impressive game that stands on it's own. I would like to take a moment to touch on just a few of the "reasons" people have given as a reason to scoring the game with a 3 or lower. First, you must be connected to the internet and battle.net in order to play. It's been on the D3 website for over a year and it's the same model Blizzard used when they launched Starcraft II. If you failed to do even the most basic investigation before spending your money, you wouldn't feel cheated, however, you only have yourself to blame. The benefit of Online-only game play FAR out weighs the drawbacks unless you were planning on pirating the game. It allows Blizzard to control the economy, pull real time statistical data, and keep cheating to a minimum. By the way, in our day and age of near 24 hour connectivity to mobile devices, wifi, and hotspots - being online to play the game is a negative? I'm sorry but there is a far less vocal majority who live in 2012 that have no problem with Online only DRM. That said, you should not review the game based on this, and if you do, is it really worth giving a game that would have received a positive review, a ZERO because of this? Secondly, many people have complained about the perceived lack of character customization. When you compare D3 to D2 in this department, you guys are absolutely right, you had total control to make a horrible character in D2 and you do not have that ability in D3. A smart player in D2 would have "customized" their character by following one of only a handful long-standing "builds" which almost never changed because the math behind each build was tried and tested for years. Diablo 3 brings this franchise into the modern era where the customer is not the "die-hard gamer" or the "lives with his mother gamer" or the "Loves to play DnD gamer", but rather "The guy from the accounting department", or "The girl who makes your Tall Mocha Latte" every morning. But, you might think, did they sacrifice the character customization that so many fans loved, just to be more accessible to "Joe-schmo"? Not at all. There is still a hundred ways to use your skills in unique and imaginative combinations and while some combinations work better than others, you still get far MORE options that actually have functionality.

Lastly, there have been many who felt that the inability for Blizzard to manage their servers in such a way that would let everyone who wanted to play, log in within the first 15 hours, were cause for a ZERO rating. Let me remind you that Diablo 3 is one of the most pre-ordered games in gaming history. More people spread more evenly across the globe want to play this game and want to play it right now then perhaps any other launch in history and even so, I was able to play for about 10 hours yesterday, yes, on launch day. How did I do it? Patience, for starters. Also I took the suggestions from the Blizzard team and setup my router to keep D3's ports open. I had a problem, sought a solution, found one from the Dev Team, implemented it and was able to play not long there after. What I did not do was run to Metacritic and give the entire game a Zero because I was too impatient or inept to play the game.

I'm giving this game a 10/10 because the game is fun, the story is interesting, the gameplay is engaging and allows the player to try new combinations in skills. I started with the Wizard because I felt it would be one of the least played classes, and I've been very happy with that choice. The game's option screen allows for a wide variety of customization even on things that are obvious to me that they could not have thought of without playing the game and listening to testers.

Bottom line: Is this game Diablo II with better graphics? Absolutely not. This game moves, responds, and envelopes the player in a way that it's predecessor never did. It brings the Diablo franchise into the modern gaming era and leaves little room to doubt the master craftsmanship that went into the production of the title. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who is ready for an adventure, and I wont feel the need to direct them to an extensive game guide beforehand. In short, Diablo III will return what you put into it. If you want a carefree action game and don't much care for the mechanics, you're in for a treat! And if you want to dive into every number of every stat and calculate the damage output, I think you'll find yourself at home as well. Congratulations Blizzard, on an excellent launch, and amazing title.
  38. May 15, 2012
    150 characters minimum? God dammit I hate typing...
    Anyway, I played the beta for a short time and I fell in love with this game, even in it's unstable form.
    Now that it has been fully released Diablo III has exceeded all me expectations not only in a game but as a platform. The server issues that people have experienced are a minor set back and to be honest I expected worse when the game
    150 characters minimum? God dammit I hate typing...
    The server issues that people have experienced are a minor set back and to be honest I expected worse when the game went live.
    The blizzard team have done a great job and anyone who says otherwise should take a good look at themselves as a person and as a pert of modern society.

ALSO, There is no OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER because of the risk of hacking, now wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have cheating idiots... then we may be able to have our OFFLINE play.

Yea, the caps were to get your attention :P
  39. May 16, 2012
    Pls review the game not the connection issues which indeed is frustating but has nowhere to do with the gameplay itself and that should be the judgement criteria. Therefore 10 as counterscore.
  40. May 16, 2012
    The Best game ever, even though the lousy start. And no matter what they say all sorts of whiners, and the like thugs, it will buy or at least launch a pirate, all the world
  41. May 16, 2012
    I'm in Nightmare mode. I need more of this game because... It is so smoooooooooooooth. The normal mode is easy and let us play comfortably. In the nightmare mode, the "beast" becomes far more aggressive and game "playable". Soooo cool!
  42. May 16, 2012
    Everyone needs to take a breath instead of raging about game systems that have been announced and known for years now. Play through the game and you will see how great it is. Great balance, excellent build variety, amazing gameplay. This will be an all-time classic.
  43. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Some minor server issues that would be expected with any launch of an online game. People are **** about this now because they have no idea what a terrible launch can look like.
  44. May 20, 2012
    I waited to finish the campaign on normal mode before writing a review. Something people really should do in my opinion otherwise you don't get a review, you get a rant. Aside from the connection issues which are still cropping up every now and again this is an excellent game. The production values are outstanding. It is extremely fun to play alone, and fantastic with a group of friends.I waited to finish the campaign on normal mode before writing a review. Something people really should do in my opinion otherwise you don't get a review, you get a rant. Aside from the connection issues which are still cropping up every now and again this is an excellent game. The production values are outstanding. It is extremely fun to play alone, and fantastic with a group of friends. That's really all that should matter in a review of a game. I feel sorry for people who are unable to play due to connection issues, it's not fair and Blizzard should do something to compensate them. That said, it's a separate issue and should not effect the score here. It is no longer just a single player game and the online only requirement is a necessary evil that shouldn't make any difference to most people. The animation, visual effects, story and atmosphere are some of the very best ever created, and certainly the best in this genre. It's a great game that will undoubtedly become a classic regardless of this bumpy start, and I guarantee every reviewer here trying to punish Blizzard by giving them bad scores will soon enough be playing and enjoying it themselves. So do yourself a favour, buy it, play it and enjoy yourself. Expand
  45. May 15, 2012
    I like Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is a good game because you can have spells. when i play Diablo 3, I like to use fire bats. Diablo 3 has very good graphics. Diablo 3 is one of my favorite games to play. Diablo 3 has some problems with its server but i like it anyway. Diablo 3 loves me and i love it. When i set stuff on fire in Diablo 3 it tickles me in the pants. That is all.
  46. May 16, 2012
    I am thoroughly enjoying this game. I have only been been on this game for approx 2-3 hours and taking it slow. The game flow is very fluid amd is very well put together for newcomers to the Diablo scene (ie myself). Users are complaining about options that were available in Diablo 2 and so on, but then this is Diablo 3... Ofcourse there are going to be big differences because its a brandI am thoroughly enjoying this game. I have only been been on this game for approx 2-3 hours and taking it slow. The game flow is very fluid amd is very well put together for newcomers to the Diablo scene (ie myself). Users are complaining about options that were available in Diablo 2 and so on, but then this is Diablo 3... Ofcourse there are going to be big differences because its a brand new game. Most games now require an always on internet connection etc. I mean the game box clearly states internet connection required so how can you down rate a game when its actually part of the game!? I am giving it a rating of 9 as i still have some more of the game to play but currently, the game has a lot to offer. Putting all the errors and login issues that are pumping out to the side, its a well put together game! Expand
  47. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. I'm not sure why there is such a brigade of negative reviewers. Everything is polished, the combat is smooth, and most of all it's FUN and challenging. Really well done, I'll be playing for awhile.
  48. May 17, 2012
    what's wrong with all of you ? u guys gave 0 for this great RPG game. First off, I need to point out the launch was really bad, it took me over 2 hours to login. But if let the launch and connection aside, the game itself could easily deserve 8/10 if not more . The only thing that holds me back to give a 10/10 is the quest system, the storyline is great but the quest system make the gamewhat's wrong with all of you ? u guys gave 0 for this great RPG game. First off, I need to point out the launch was really bad, it took me over 2 hours to login. But if let the launch and connection aside, the game itself could easily deserve 8/10 if not more . The only thing that holds me back to give a 10/10 is the quest system, the storyline is great but the quest system make the game so rush, not a lot of side quest and the rewards are basically exp and gold. However, the hack - slash gameplay is hella fun and addicting, graphic and effects are great as well as the sound effect. It's more customization than people might think since the level points are removed. At first, I was like " damn, no more customization" but after finishing Normal in diablo 3, I think there are a lot of customization. For what I noticed, the customization's now based on items. Items now will upgrade any skill you want to upgrade, and increase any stats u want to increase.
    The online gaming could be inconvenient, but makes the game more addicting and fair since you can compete with other and nobody can use hack or cheat .
  49. May 17, 2012
    Diablo III is by no means a perfect game but I am over 8 hours in and I do indeed enjoy the game. People are complaining about the graphics but I think there good and at least up to standard. The gameplay is exceptional I love the looting and yes the skills are simplified but I dont think it takes away from the overall experience. Yes ok DRM sucks balls, I love the game but that is a ****Diablo III is by no means a perfect game but I am over 8 hours in and I do indeed enjoy the game. People are complaining about the graphics but I think there good and at least up to standard. The gameplay is exceptional I love the looting and yes the skills are simplified but I dont think it takes away from the overall experience. Yes ok DRM sucks balls, I love the game but that is a **** and fianlly stop complaining about not being able to get into the game on a REVIEW, so many people including myself got it on the first day Blizzard couldnt contend with the amount of people, no beta could have prepared them for that, so stop complaining. I got in on the first day so stop complaining even if its sdtill not good now it WILL be fixed. And oh yes if you think im soem new fanboy No i have played both Diablo I and II and they are exceptional games but so is Diablo III Expand
  50. May 17, 2012
    I caught the game to a monitor for hours. I am very happy that I could play Diablo 3 Blizzard is the best company in the market for the issuing of the game. Great fun, great fun and predominantly playability.
  51. May 17, 2012
    So it might be that I didn't play diablo 2 or that I didnt play opening night so I had no server difficulties but so far I love this game and don't have any problems with it
  52. May 18, 2012
    How many stupid reviews out there! The DRM is not a problem we live in 2012 not 1992 or even 2002. And on release, of course the servers will be overcrowded. On day 2 I had no problems at all. Get over it whiners! After 10 years of waiting I'm so happy, the graphics (as with D2 same complaints then) it's not over the top or ground breaking, but it is still very nice and the atmosphere isHow many stupid reviews out there! The DRM is not a problem we live in 2012 not 1992 or even 2002. And on release, of course the servers will be overcrowded. On day 2 I had no problems at all. Get over it whiners! After 10 years of waiting I'm so happy, the graphics (as with D2 same complaints then) it's not over the top or ground breaking, but it is still very nice and the atmosphere is so addictive with elements referring to D1 and D2. I actually like that my actions decides how my attributes are distributed and then I can shift between my skills which is a great feature. It is well balanced and easy to control and master. The great thing about graphics is that we all see the same area so nobody gets an advantage. Only complaint is that I see lag from time to time even in single player which is frustrating. Expand
  53. May 18, 2012
    Wow, you people have issues. Because you couldn't log in for 10 minutes you go on a spree of 0 out of 10 reviews. Oh well, the real figure games are judged by is sales figures, and this one has sold very, very well.
  54. May 18, 2012
    I love this game. Graphics are fine as hell I don't know what people are complaining about, gameplay excellent and story well scripted. Overall GOOD GAME! Although the internet problem is not a problem for me cause I'm constantly on the internet.
  55. May 19, 2012
    This is a good game. You can cry about skills system but in the end it comes out to be really really good. You can cry about graphics but still they have w charm and they don't spoil games climat. Also you can cry about online DRM , but believe me it's not that bad - less hacks. This game ain't perfect but still it's extremely good , it sucked me in like nothing before.
  56. May 19, 2012
    1. Don't compare each game to its predecessor. I hate how the same thing happens with all Heroes of might and magic games. Diablo III has the same setting and continues the same story, BUT it's a new game.
    2. Stop whining about the graphics. (more people can play due to lower system specs., you have better online experience because of the same reason, it looks great to me and I don't compare it to FPS games)
    3. I have no worries playing online, what's the difference? You've got internet problems? Blame your ISP, not Blizzard. I live in Lithuania, we have perfect broadband internet here, no worries.
    4. Overal, give the game a chance. Rating it as low as the pathetic MW3? That's a disgrace. I hope true PC gamers will speak their mind, as Diablo III follows tradition and appeals to the old school gamers.
  57. May 19, 2012
    The biggest problem in my opinion is the microtransactions. It allows players to cheat which in my opinion is the primary benefit of the always online-DRM. I was completely turned off by Diablo 2 when a friend just got some of the best armor by cheating. At least with microtransactions, they may be cheating but they have to pay for it. The graphics are fantastic and the way the creaturesThe biggest problem in my opinion is the microtransactions. It allows players to cheat which in my opinion is the primary benefit of the always online-DRM. I was completely turned off by Diablo 2 when a friend just got some of the best armor by cheating. At least with microtransactions, they may be cheating but they have to pay for it. The graphics are fantastic and the way the creatures get slaughtered is quite entertaining. The cutscenes are movie quality. I've recommended the game to my friends because it is a fun game and best played with people you know. Sure, there could be more classes and the ability to have larger teams but in general, I'm quite pleased. Expand
  58. May 19, 2012
    Never truly having played the old Diablo games thoroughly like some of my friends, I thought I'd give D3 the chance it deserves. Especially because I got it for free with my Annual Pass from Blizzard.

So far I've completed the game on Normal with two friends in co-op mode and we've been having a blast! People who say the game is too easy should consider that normal is only the start and the game does get harder as you progress.

Also I'm looking forward to the real cash AH, not that I'm thinking it'll make me rich beyond my wildest dreams, but because I do find it intriguing.

As far as gameplay goes, the game is fantastic. The amount of customization to the skillsets of the classes is very well thought out and makes tinkering with it for co-op or single play very interesting.

The graphics are very okay and despite all the whining about "horrible" graphics I think Blizzard has really set a great atmosphere with the painting-like textures and effects. I for one love it. Then again, I don't care for hyper realistic graphics anyway.

Overall the game gets a 9/10 from me, because despite it being very enjoyable and addictive, I still think there's a few minor issues that could've been resolved better. Like the launch and the servers being down all the time.
  59. May 19, 2012
    Initially, I was frustrated as many ppl were regarding connectivity issues. After reconfiguring my router, however, I was able to play for the most part flawlessly. In terms of what I find enjoyable about the game is that is is extremely fun to play. Also, I can tell a lot of time and effort was taken to make the game as great as possible. Is it a flawless game, definitely not. Does itInitially, I was frustrated as many ppl were regarding connectivity issues. After reconfiguring my router, however, I was able to play for the most part flawlessly. In terms of what I find enjoyable about the game is that is is extremely fun to play. Also, I can tell a lot of time and effort was taken to make the game as great as possible. Is it a flawless game, definitely not. Does it manage to achieve 90% of it's goal..I'd say hesitantly yes. Perhaps, more like 85% but I give it a Blizzard bump bc Blizzard is usually a quality-game developer. Hence, I think this game deserves a 90%. Expand
  60. May 20, 2012
    Aside from the constant online connection. The game is beautiful. It is like meeting an old friend after not seeing them for 11 years. The game structure is more accessible. The way the new skill and rune system keeps things fresh as multiple characters of the same class could function differently. This is a simpler yet more streamlined version of what you got in Diablo 2. Overall a veryAside from the constant online connection. The game is beautiful. It is like meeting an old friend after not seeing them for 11 years. The game structure is more accessible. The way the new skill and rune system keeps things fresh as multiple characters of the same class could function differently. This is a simpler yet more streamlined version of what you got in Diablo 2. Overall a very enjoyable experience, sadly the constant online connection requirement is a big downer. If you don't mind that Diablo has returned in all its glory. I am very happy that they stuck to their roots and remained faithful to what made Diablo a fantastic hack/slash game to start with. Expand
  61. May 20, 2012
    Yesterday i bought the game, installed it and played it without any problems.
    Don't have any problems with being online as my pc is always online.
    I like the game. Not the best, but just a good game.
    I'd give it an 7.5, but gets a 10 because of all the pathetic 0 it gets from people who couldn't play it the first day.
    Just pathetic, as if may 15 was the only day you could play a game.
  62. May 20, 2012
    0 out of 10 by so any due to minor technical Blizzard have more or less sorted out. More like 9 out of 10. Best game this year so far for me. Graphically nothing spectacular but the amount of action on the screen at any one time is very smooth and very nicely done. Anyone moaning about Blizzard's DRM have a valid point but that should not detract from what is a very good game. But one0 out of 10 by so any due to minor technical Blizzard have more or less sorted out. More like 9 out of 10. Best game this year so far for me. Graphically nothing spectacular but the amount of action on the screen at any one time is very smooth and very nicely done. Anyone moaning about Blizzard's DRM have a valid point but that should not detract from what is a very good game. But one great thing about Blizzard is that it has a very good structure for not allowing any pirated games on its servers and that's a good thing. If you want a fantastic RPG with gorgeous graphics with awesome story telling stay with Skyrim but if you want 100 miles per hour non stop action this is the game for you. For anyone who put a review on this before Tuesday afternoon should realise that a company like Blizzard have the right to protect its games from pirates like Pirate Bay etc and they give no free ride so they can make the best MMO, ARPG and Strategy games around. Otherwise you will be stuck with games like FIFA, COD etc who bring out games every years with nothing more than a glorified update. If DRM is the reason you gave this game 0 then go on again and play Diablo 3. Expand
  63. May 20, 2012
    The game starts getting awesome in nightmare, and in hell it's just amazing. Normal is pretty much faceroll. I wonder how many of the people who gave reviews here actually finished hell. I also wonder why people gave the game such horrible reviews, and I think I know why. Because they expected D3 to be a revolutionary game, like D1 and D2 were. It's not, but it's still a good game.

There

There are some problems with it, but most of them aren't actually related to the gameplay. Logging in during the first 24 hours of release took at least 10 minutes (first login took me 1 hour) and the AH didn't work a few times. I'm not really bothered by the game being online only, because I want to use the AH (no, not the RMAH). And why are people bothered by pay to win? If you don't want to do it - don't do it. Why are you so bothered by this ? It ensures the game will stay constantly updated.

The sounds and voice acting are awesome, and the discussions between the character and follower / other characters in the game are sometimes very funny.

About the graphics - I find them quite good for this type of game. They definitely could have been better, but I have no complaints here.
    About the graphic style - I've noticed people saying it's doesn't have the style of previous Diablo games. Well, I beg to differ. The gore-ish style of previous diablo's is actually enhanced, but not necessarily by the graphics style alone, but by the atmosphere in general.

If someone looks at the end area of act 3, with the pool of blood, and 2 chained demons screaming, accompanied by the comments of the spider demon, and tell me with a straight face that it's not gore-ish enough, I wouldn't know what to reply. And there are more similarly gore-ish zones.

The skills are quite nice, there is no skill tree, but people don't understand that the challenge in D3 is picking 6 skills + one of their runes (and each rune has a use in certain situations) out of ~30 skills, each with 5 runes. Playing with a barbarian I really wanted to have both the damage and life buff, but I couldn't afford to sacrifice any other skill, so I went with the life buff.
  64. May 20, 2012
    Great customizability, great looks, great gameplay. Also the multiplayer aspect is easy and its loads of fun to play together with little more than a press of a button. I have enjoyed this game immensely. I also really like the cutscenes, I don't get why loads of peeps seem to be hating on them.
  65. May 20, 2012
    I'm writing this review after playing through nightmare and normal difficulty. Each landscape has an beautiful and unique design, wide range of creatures, great lore, exciting events and quests. It's not a photo-realistic textured/shaded game but the designs are very clear, beautifully painted and stylized such as any blizzard game. The story is enjoyable and is supported by cutscenes andI'm writing this review after playing through nightmare and normal difficulty. Each landscape has an beautiful and unique design, wide range of creatures, great lore, exciting events and quests. It's not a photo-realistic textured/shaded game but the designs are very clear, beautifully painted and stylized such as any blizzard game. The story is enjoyable and is supported by cutscenes and amazing cinematics, events and all sorts of stuff. The audio is good and voiceovers are very extremely well narrated.

Combat is silky smooth (just like any Blizzard game), clear and has a nice variety of reaction time and tactics and hack&slash. Skill variation may seemed a bit dull at start but provides a great sense of depth later on. You'll be thinking about what skill/rune/passive to use on a certain bossfight and in combination with party members and followers. This doesn't really count for normal and the start of nightmare mode, since those are easy.

Server issues were horrible in the EU and US during the the games first week, however everything seems to be okay for the moment.

Honest.
  66. May 20, 2012
    I was waiting for this game for years, and then i have it, the game is awesome, the gameplay, the soundtracks, the outside, the Lore, all is perfect, maybe the scenario isn't that good but got some epic moments. Would have expected less help during quests, but maybe one of the best game this year. Some people expect for torchlight, why? Less graphism? Good game still but no scenario, onlyI was waiting for this game for years, and then i have it, the game is awesome, the gameplay, the soundtracks, the outside, the Lore, all is perfect, maybe the scenario isn't that good but got some epic moments. Would have expected less help during quests, but maybe one of the best game this year. Some people expect for torchlight, why? Less graphism? Good game still but no scenario, only 3 classes.. Expand
  67. May 20, 2012
    The game itself is great, immensely addicting. Only issue is constant online connection. There aren't servers in Australia i believe meaning we get quite high latency my ping on average is around 500-800 in a game when i'm playing by myself and no one else is in my game!
  68. May 21, 2012
    *No Spoilers.* Diablo 3 is a triumph. From the absolutely stunning art direction to the immersive sounds and music, D3 is professionally built and expertly refined and polished in every area. The gameplay is of course similar to D2 except every clunky or annoying part of D2 has been ironed out or redesigned for a more fluid, intuitive experience. This is not to say that D3 is somehow a*No Spoilers.* Diablo 3 is a triumph. From the absolutely stunning art direction to the immersive sounds and music, D3 is professionally built and expertly refined and polished in every area. The gameplay is of course similar to D2 except every clunky or annoying part of D2 has been ironed out or redesigned for a more fluid, intuitive experience. This is not to say that D3 is somehow a shallower or simpler game than its predecessor. 4 difficulty levels, endless skill combinations, and a complex and rewarding crafting system make the game a joy to play at every stage and a challenge to self-avowed hardcore gamers who seek the perfection. Every worry that came up during the beta, whether it was that the game would be too easy or "not dark enough" has been laid to rest. The story line is fantastic and full of twists nobody could have predicted.

If you are interested in trying D3 for free, ask your friends who already own it for a guest pass (they received a few in their game box) or check online for people who are giving away their spare guest pass keys.

And please, don't heed reviews that were written on launch day (May 15, 2012). Not only had none of those reviewers played the full game, but launch was rocky due to the influx of players on the servers. Lag spikes are all but gone at this point.
  69. May 21, 2012
    -1 point for constant connection. This should not be a standard. You CAN have games like Demon/Dark Souls which allow for both a constant online mode AND offline mode. -1 point for the graphics. You can say they were "going" for that look, I say it still looks like muddy crap. Beyond that, i'm having a lot of fun. Hopefully they will release some texture packs or something.
  70. May 22, 2012
    Great game! Played the first, the second and now this one.. the game has everything you come to expect from a Blizzard game!

I don't like the fact that i need to be connected to the internet to play single player mode but i understand why blizzard did that. Right from the start of the game you get the feeling that there is a long thought process behind every element in the game. I didn't

I didn't finish the game yet, but i'm in act 3 right now and enjoying every second of it. Cant wait to unlock the other difficulty's because the normal difficulty is too easy :)
  71. May 22, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. Love the areas, randomization, talking between your character and followers (scoundrel especially). Events are amazing - I played one area for 5 times and always saw different content. Cinematics are great.. Worth the money
  72. May 23, 2012
    Amazing gameplay , Amazing storyline , Amazing graphics .
    only thing i would change is the side quests that are rare to find and quick wich i wish there was more of them . By adding side quests it'll become more free world game than just a storyline . better be changed in the DLC :
  73. May 23, 2012
    I wish I could be like all the noobs 12 year old who want nothing more then graphics then game play. I really like how most people QQing about stuff NOT EVEN IN THE GAME yet. Oh that pvp look's just like wow ya you would know from playing it. Or oh noes i can't log in on day one :( if only they would have made it so the million's trying to log in could all have a perfect time. Then againI wish I could be like all the noobs 12 year old who want nothing more then graphics then game play. I really like how most people QQing about stuff NOT EVEN IN THE GAME yet. Oh that pvp look's just like wow ya you would know from playing it. Or oh noes i can't log in on day one :( if only they would have made it so the million's trying to log in could all have a perfect time. Then again this is the internet 75% of the reviews are just trolls trying to get a thing in kinda sad really. Expand
  74. May 23, 2012
    Diablo and Diablo 2 were huge parts of my childhood and were masterpieces of the gaming industry. Diablo 3 is no exception to the franchise. Gameplay is seemless, character building is versatile and items are as exciting to come by as cash on the street. I think people's criticisms about the always-on DRM are misguided. I think majority of gamers don't have a problem being online to play aDiablo and Diablo 2 were huge parts of my childhood and were masterpieces of the gaming industry. Diablo 3 is no exception to the franchise. Gameplay is seemless, character building is versatile and items are as exciting to come by as cash on the street. I think people's criticisms about the always-on DRM are misguided. I think majority of gamers don't have a problem being online to play a game. Persistent characters and low chance of players cheating gives massive integrity to the game.

Overall D3 is probably the best thing that has happened to PC in the last 5 or 6 years.
  75. May 27, 2012
    before you reading an user review, see when it was posted. the most bad reviews are made on 15 may, when the game came out and "nobody" could play it because the servers capacity was not enough.

now my oppinion about d3: it makes fun to play, to get better items, to play with other people. the story is good for a hack n slay game. the new classes are interesting. the difficulty hell and beyond forces you to have good equipment and techniques.

but iam not sure about the online single player without an offline mode. not good in my eyes.
  76. Oct 3, 2012
    es un juegazo a toda regla, manadas de pendejos que le dan 0 a lo sumo trolls a la lata en esta pagina desafortunada mente se perdió la credibilidad a lo hora de hacer un analisis pero bueno, yo diría que este juego me ha dado horas de diversión constante es adictivo y una historia fenomenal, lastima que no innova mucho pero aun así cumple con las expectativas..
  77. Nov 2, 2012
    I don't understand all that negative comes from launch, when servers wasn't ready enough to hold all that numbers of players, and the game still doe's not ready to be finished, but Blizzard doing all what they think is right to get it done, when i start to play (almost after release tho) i had the feelings that i still play beta, but with patches games come better.

I don't know is it

I don't know is it better then Diablo 2 or not, these are different games, but i 95% sure that games does not deserve that kinda of negative responses that it gets.

All that i see now, is that game get some additions and changes all over the patches, same as was with previous part of franchise. And you must to know that game have plenty of space to progress: arenas not out yet,more random events can be added to game in any time, normal items can get some use, crafting system can be improved, new cases, act, areas can be added. Only one negative thing about game is AH and RMAH, cus all game work around it, but hey it better that blizzard get some cut of real money (or gold, hehe) paid for items (if some one want to pay, and can, why not?) than some creepy illegal shops get it.

So for now game is 7 of 10 but i put 10 to get some heads up for the good developers.
  78. Nov 4, 2012
    1.05 Patch has Brought life back to a game that should of been great but had a very very very terrible start. Now we await the long need of the next step to this game, PVP.
  79. Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, game needs connection to Internet. Yest, DRM is frustrating. Yes, game is expensive. So what? I can't stop laughing when i read comments like: "i spend 200+ hours and i can tell that game is piece of s*it" For me, it means, that you guys have too much free time, or you just like torturing yourself by doing things you didn't like :) Haters gonna hate.
  80. Jan 15, 2013
    I remember when Diablo 2 had just launched. It was at first sight, like Diablo 3, a great game, but after a while, people found the small chest space, the weak items and un-challenging monsters boring. Then the expansion came and a lot of new content were added. People were really fond of these changes.

I think the same is happening in Diablo 3. It was a broken game when it launched, I agree on that part. But later, with the recent added features; like the 100 extra levels, the increased chance of finding better loot and the overall commitment from Blizzard to smoothen character balance. Diablo 3 has like Diablo 2 a strong foundation to develop and that is happening as we speak.

I admit that some features should have been left out of Diablo 3, like the Real-Money-Auction House, which smells a lot like a money machine to me. When dueling becomes a feature, people doesn't want to duel against crazily geared players who used tons of money from the RMAH, understandable, but I remember the "forum gold" feature in Diablo 2, where the exact same thing happened. People used it as a valuta for gold which had absolutely no value in Diablo 2. The problem began when people bought forum gold for real money to buy better gear, but I guess at that point, Diablo 2 needed something more.

Diablo 3 is a great game. I've experienced tons of randomized events and I still find myself hurling into adventure when exploring a mysterious cave or collecting special objects to open a portal to a rainbow-world, the new secret level in Diablo 3. I think a lot has yet to come for Diablo 3, and hopefully, people will see that.
  81. Mar 5, 2013
    I took a break from the game for 5 or 6 months after release. At that point, several features had been added which made the game very enjoyable to play. I've probably spent 500+ hours playing different classes, and the game seems fairly balanced. I like that Blizzard still takes the time to add features, and hopefully a DLC in the pipeline.
  82. Nov 15, 2014
    Diablo 3 [v2.0.3]

I decided to write a review just now for that only now the vanilla game can be considered "complete". As stated, the review is based on game version 2.0.3, the latest available for the vanilla game. Notice: some comparisons with Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2 will be made. I love them both. Also Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile, and I really like both of them. Skills,
    Diablo 3 [v2.0.3]

Skills, attributes and classes: no more a fixed and permanent skill system but a flexible and fun one, that allows to change skills anytime but while fighting. Fair enough. No more frustration and "start over again and again after having screwed up by wrongly allocating a point into a useless skill" or just "to try out different builds". Madness. Another more than good ARPG, Torchlight 2, didn't satisfied me, even though I should play it again with the latest updates, providing the players with bland, generic skills and an (the) "old" skill system.
    - UP TO LVL 60 - No more spamming of points into vitality. Instead, when leveling up, you receive 3 points for the main stat (depending on the char in use), 2 points to vitality and 1 for the remaining two (secondary) stats.
    - OVER LVL 60 - Paragon system. Now, after reaching the 60th level you'll earn Paragon levels (starting from 1). Each level players gain 1 point to spend among CORE, OFFENSE, DEFENSE and UTILITY, each of them with 4 attributes. Points are gained through a "rotation system", starting with Paragon LVL 1, 1 point to spend into CORE, PLVL 2, 1 point to spend into OFFENCE, and on. After having maxed out OFFENSE, DEFENCE, UTILITY (50 total points each), all the points gained will be available to spend into CORE. Paragon leveling, as of now, is infinite. Paragons are shared through game modes, meaning that every PLVL gained is shared through all of the characters of that mode (being two, NORMAL and HARDCORE).
    Finally, classes worth playing and gender-wise. I enjoy playing every class and I can decide which gender to chose. That dull and limited (though some classes/builds were AWESOME) system in D2 is finally gone. Torchlight's classes are as generic and shallow as the skills.

Randomization, replay value: Mixed. In D3, developers decided to have most of the outdoor areas fixed, with some spots having the chance to spawn "random events". Entrances/exits are also fixed. On one hand, this gave devs the chance to create a more unique and consistent world, on the other one, replay value decreased; indoors are mostly random, though on release some of them presented less variation than intended.. that has been fixed soon after.
    Story and Adventure mode. Players can chose to play through the standard story mode or the latter, where events like Nephalem/Greater Rifts, Bounties and Infernal Machine can be found; seasons and some more competitive adds are also present.
    Itemization: Initially, the game was plagued with a really bad itemization; Legendaries were not only too rare (not so much for me) but also quite weak and plain. Not only, yellows were often a better option. Later patches fixed the issues. The Auction House (which I seldomly used and wasn't again it) has been removed with patch 2.0. It was a good way (along with the ONLINE requirement, which is a good thing, IMO) to prevent scams, bots, illegal trades/traders to ruin and pirate the game.. but with the early (not working) itemization it just served as a destructive mean.
    Customization-wise, the game is clear of junk and offers quite many possibilities to customize and/or improve customization. Compared to MH and PoE, D3's much less confusing and not filled with useless crap.

List of negative points:

- "The Butcher" (from Diablo 1) and "Izual" (from Diablo 2). Merely a commercial/emotional attachment maneuver. Useless. It would have been better to introduce something new as they add nothing and are not story-wise and non-sense.
    - The death of Deckard Cain. I'm not all against the death itself, but him being killed by a (why even bother on creating that char) a silly mob.
    - In-game movies. Why? Useless, pace/atmosphere-killers and ugly.
    - End movie/music too mainstream and not really Diablo-esque.
    - Arena-like fights: Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2 boss fights are, in some way, better as they are not tied to a closed, out-of-the-world place.

Overall:

Graphic: 8
    Art: 9
    Sound: 8
    Music: 9
    Gameplay: 8
    Replay value: 8
    Uniqueness: 9

Partial: 8.4

I find the game a huge improvement compared to the predecessor. People only argue 'cause they expected a D2.5. Also, IMO, it's a step-forward in the genre. People argue just to. If I had to give a score of the game soon after release, I'd give it a 7.4.

*DX9 with improvements from latest versions; good, polished and quite scalable
    **clean, smooth and distinctive
  83. RNN
    May 15, 2012
    Haters gonna hate. It's disgusting how many people are whining about DRM, server stability(on launch night(facepalm)), and the auction house. No users who have "reviewed" this game have actually spent a significant time playing it. And how could they. As I'm writing this the game has been live for less than five hours. I've played through the first act and have had a hell of a time. IHaters gonna hate. It's disgusting how many people are whining about DRM, server stability(on launch night(facepalm)), and the auction house. No users who have "reviewed" this game have actually spent a significant time playing it. And how could they. As I'm writing this the game has been live for less than five hours. I've played through the first act and have had a hell of a time. I can't wait to get back online but one must sleep and eat. It took about an hour after midnight for me to log in but it was well worth the wait and I completely understand that literally thousands of other people were trying to log in for the first time just like myself. The server stability is now fixed and players can log in and out without having error messages. As far as the auction houses are concerned if you dont like it then dont use it. It's just that simple. I've loved what I've experienced so far and once the campaign is done I cant wait to tackle inferno mode with my friends XD. This game is a must buy. Expand
  84. May 15, 2012
    Quit trolling i'm sick of it. Find something better to do. This is a good game and just because im giving this game a 10 does not mean im trying to reverse troll. I love the game. This story is solid, the animation and artwork is amazing. It looks nothing like wow, just because the wow team made it shouldnt be ammunition for bashing it. get over it. The game rocks
  85. May 18, 2012
    Regardless of sever errors, simple in-game lag and DRM protection, Diablo 3 delivers a truly remarkable experience, and a world incredibly generous with it's adventures and goodies. The world of Diablo 3 is simply indulging, unique and highly artistic in every perspective, it brings back a world of terror in a new and beautiful way, it's simple interface and variety of choice makes it evenRegardless of sever errors, simple in-game lag and DRM protection, Diablo 3 delivers a truly remarkable experience, and a world incredibly generous with it's adventures and goodies. The world of Diablo 3 is simply indulging, unique and highly artistic in every perspective, it brings back a world of terror in a new and beautiful way, it's simple interface and variety of choice makes it even more addicting, it will definitely leave you wanting more, it is a true Blizzard masterpiece. Expand
  86. May 15, 2012
    I am happy with the changes Blizzard made to Diablo 3, many of the useless and and rough system were made so new players can grasp the length of it, and hardcore players can also have what Diablo always was : Gear grinding.

The story is well done, and well told, and even though Diablo presence is recycled, this trilogy was always about those central undying demons. The new changes to the

The new changes to the skills and attribute was a good change as every class was exactly the same in Diablo 2. However hardcore as you were, most of the stats were put around the same place for every player for a said class. Having a difference of 10 stats points in a stat compared to the other didn't matter, so removing it was a good thing.
    The new skill system permits to finally be able to experiment without having to restart the game to zero! Good job Blizzard. And Haters gonna hate.
  87. May 15, 2012
    This is an awesome game, so many new changes and customization is there, don't know why people complain so much when most of you can't even design a single character in this game.
  88. May 15, 2012
    The Game is Awesome, all the Negative reviews are from people who can't understand that it's a Major title launch, and there will be Problems. There always will be with major releases.

The game has no Offline Mode, you do have to have constant Internet Connection to play, But with the Addition of the Real money Auction house you have to understand that Blizzard Does not want to offer any Hackers the Opportunity to exploit the game system to their advantage (IE. Duping Items to sell for Real Money)

The Game play itself is Awesome, You can Beat the game Solo. or go at it with Friends, which i prefer because it offers everyone a good time to have Fun together.

If you're a True Diablo Fan, you will love the game. there is no Doubt about it, just load it up, sit back and Enjoy as you save the World once again with the Fantastic story-line that Blizzard has brought upon you. and Reap the Rewards as now you have the option to Sell your Loot for Real Money (Or In-game gold) to Other people who need a little help along their way (And Believe me, there will always be people that will buy items for Real Money, they did in Diablo II. They will in Diablo III)

And Last but Not least, if you're going to put a Negative Review on a game based SOLELY on the Troubles Cause at Launch. you need to get your head Checked, if you cannot understand the Fact that no matter How much Blizzard tried to Prepare for the Swarms of people trying to Login at the Exact same time in a Region then i don't know what to tell you. It's not like they can't Superceed the Hardware requirements to provide enough Supply for the Demand on Initial launch, because that would not be Cost worthy. Considering that Load of users will Die down to a more Bareable limit as a Day or Two pass.

Another thing that gets me is **** about the Graphics, the game has been announced for How long now? and I'm sure most of Everybody has seen gameplay videos, they knew what it was going to look like. And if any one has played Diablo II, and the Expansion you would Know how the Feel of the game is/was like. The Current 3D Engine used in Diablo 3 COMPLIMENTS this very well.

I Gave a Full 10 Review because i truely loved the Diablo Series, and i Feel that Diablo 3 is a True testament on how Well Blizzard will keep to the Story on their Franchises and Still pump out Enjoyable games for their Fanbase
  89. May 17, 2012
    This game has almost everything a good, exciting and fun game needs to have, although it is not perfect. Giving this game a 0 or 1 is ridiculous. Here is the deal: Up to lvl 10 and up to the Skeleton King, the Game is incredible easy and i was somewhat disappointed. But the game gets MUCH (!!!) better after the Skeleton King and if you are getting close to lvl 15. It is almost an entirelyThis game has almost everything a good, exciting and fun game needs to have, although it is not perfect. Giving this game a 0 or 1 is ridiculous. Here is the deal: Up to lvl 10 and up to the Skeleton King, the Game is incredible easy and i was somewhat disappointed. But the game gets MUCH (!!!) better after the Skeleton King and if you are getting close to lvl 15. It is almost an entirely different game compared to the kindergarten up to the first major boss, Skeleton King. DO NOT make the mistake and play "a few hours" or using Guest pass to lvl 10...and then form an opinion based on this. If you didnt play the game to at least lvl 15 you have no idea how good the game could be.

While playing in co-cop (2 or 3 people) proved immense fun so far, i personally have some things which i would like respective dislike.
    I really would wish an ability to zoom-in/out since i think the two, fix zoom levels are very restrictive. Yes, as others i would wish to be able to customize my character as well. I would also wish more emotes (i know, it sounds silly)....but playing with former guildies from WoW and not being able to dance, laugh etc. makes me feel restricted. AFTER ALL, it is still "sort of" an online game and the real fun truly shines playing with mates and friends - this is why i want more emotes.

As for the graphics, as i said above the game gets MUCH better after Skeleton King, also visually. There are some things like over-use of fog..but overall the graphics are GOOD and some/most of the spells and animations (monsters) are fantastic. Seriously, there is not much to complain. The voice acting is also good (IMHO).....sometimes it is cheesy but it fits this genre.

People should stop giving this game a 0 or 1, it's entirely and absolutely uncalled for. It can be a HELL of fun. it's not perfect, no, but good for many, many hours of co-op fun. It's a solid game and people need to realize this. PLAY IT before you trash it.
  90. May 15, 2012
    After a rocky launch (which is to be expected with any major release) the logins began to work and I played for quite a long time. The game play is flawless, the builds are addicting, abilities a ton of fun to use. I prefer softer, artsy graphics to hyper-realism (CoD) because its more fun for me and looks better as it ages. I've been having a rediculous amount of fun so far and once theAfter a rocky launch (which is to be expected with any major release) the logins began to work and I played for quite a long time. The game play is flawless, the builds are addicting, abilities a ton of fun to use. I prefer softer, artsy graphics to hyper-realism (CoD) because its more fun for me and looks better as it ages. I've been having a rediculous amount of fun so far and once the servers fully stabilize, there wont be a negative aspect of this game. Expand
  91. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 was one of the largest leaps of faith I've taken yet. The secret to enjoying this game is simple. The pro's Greatly out way the cons. Can't play it cause you don't have the internet? Then you also couldn't leave a bad review here. Honestly, get with the times. It's a minor detail these days. Besides, I'd rather have it all server side with better security than than offlineDiablo 3 was one of the largest leaps of faith I've taken yet. The secret to enjoying this game is simple. The pro's Greatly out way the cons. Can't play it cause you don't have the internet? Then you also couldn't leave a bad review here. Honestly, get with the times. It's a minor detail these days. Besides, I'd rather have it all server side with better security than than offline available with hacks everywhere. Also, This game won't be pirated. Don't believe me? Try and find a pirated copy of World of Warcraft. (if it does eventually come out, it won't be playable as it's all server based).

Can't spend attribute points? Awesome! There was only one correct way to build your character anyway!

Can't customize your characters? You can now chose male or female for all classes, whoch you could not do in Diablo 2.

Doesn't have the old characters? Yes, well, Diablo 2 didn't have the 'new' ones. I'll take a Monk over an Assassin any day. Plus, this is 20 years later. Some of them will have died.

Only 5 characters? Guess what, there was only 5 when Diablo 2 came out. Wait for the expansion if that's a problem for you.

Lack of story? Hardly. Diablo 3 starts 20 years after Diablo 2 at the beginning of the End of Days. Even going so far as to use story elements used in the 'first' Diablo, which was not even mentioned in Diablo 2. The simple truth is, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. No more than Diablo 2 was Diablo 1. Get with the times.
  92. May 15, 2012
    IGNORE ALL THE HATERS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT SERVERS!! I played for a solid 8+ hours today with no problems. If you didn't take off to play a game that is arguably the most anticipated game of the decade, I don't feel bad for you. Get over it. No matter what, there were going to be issues with this launch. It's just too popular. All of you complaining about not being able to use skillIGNORE ALL THE HATERS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT SERVERS!! I played for a solid 8+ hours today with no problems. If you didn't take off to play a game that is arguably the most anticipated game of the decade, I don't feel bad for you. Get over it. No matter what, there were going to be issues with this launch. It's just too popular. All of you complaining about not being able to use skill points... you're an idiot. You know you would have just looked up a cookie cutter build online anyway. Why do you think the skill points were done away with? This is a great game. No one in their right mind can give it less than a 7 or 8. Anyone giving this game a 0-4 based on day one server issues should go to college to learn networking so they can understand how unpredictable networks, ISPs and servers can be. Internet technology isn't perfect. The sooner you all realize this, the sooner you can stop being so angry and giving sch ludicrously low scored to a fantastic game. Expand
  93. May 16, 2012
    This game is great, people need to stop giving bad reviews because of the servers being down or slow. A lot of big games have this problem at launch. Played 4+ house so far and no bugs. Haven't played the 1st or 2nd but still love the game and story line. It runs great on my computer avg 100+ FPS on Max settings at 1920x1080. Buy this game you wont be disappointed.
  94. May 16, 2012
    For me the most important factor is gameplay, and I'm happy to report that it's great!!! Also the fun factor is multiplied by infinity as soon as you invite other ppl to play with you. I'll be kicking demon ass with my mates for a very long time =)
  95. May 16, 2012
    This game is really beautiful. The story, gameplay everything is perfect. Despite some problems connecting to the launch of a huge game that should this compacted over time.
  96. May 20, 2012
    I'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtimeI'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtime on release day). Further, I'm having a ball! I love this game. It's total fun, and my friends (who are old-time Diablo game players) are loving it, too. I really think the complainers are in a very small minority. Kudos to Blizzard for another incredibly good game! Expand
  97. May 24, 2012
    You people are on freakin crack. You let a game get you all hyped up more than even the best game out there should. This is a great game. Great story. I get the feel for diablo 3. I like the new system. I like the new features. Don't expect some orgasmic trip, but if you want a great video game, Diablo 3 is for you.
  98. May 15, 2012
    I don't see what is wrong with this game at all. It is by far my favorite game at the moment. The UI has improved so much since D2 its insane. The spells are all balanced, the game play is fantastic, the lore is amazing. All in all, this game is perfect.
  99. May 15, 2012
    I love this game! The art direction the feel and the flavor of the characters is spot on. The story so far has been masterfully told and I find the game is very immersive and hard to put down once you have started. I have not yet used the auction house. I probably will dabble it it a little in the coming days.

I did have log-in issues on launch night and was unable to play for 1 and a

I did have log-in issues on launch night and was unable to play for 1 and a half hours and while that does reflect poorly on Blizzard it is not related to how I score the game. Knowing Blizzard, by the time you read this, server issues will be sorted and we'll enjoy years of trouble free entertainment.
  100. May 15, 2012
    One of my most highly anticipated games! If you are truly a fan, you will appreciate all the work Blizzard has put into the creation of Diablo 3. Let them sort out the issues with servers ( as with all game launches) and you will undoubtedly enjoy the exciting and fast paced hack-and-slash gameplay. I especially love the randomized events, and that alone will keep me coming back to playOne of my most highly anticipated games! If you are truly a fan, you will appreciate all the work Blizzard has put into the creation of Diablo 3. Let them sort out the issues with servers ( as with all game launches) and you will undoubtedly enjoy the exciting and fast paced hack-and-slash gameplay. I especially love the randomized events, and that alone will keep me coming back to play for years to come! Expand
  101. May 15, 2012
    As a d2 veteran (HcPlayer89 @ JSP #1 during EHCL resets twice >> Team Gnar.. Yah you remember us..) I tell you all... This Game ROCKS.. I mean WOW! Every single encounter is so epic. We play HARDCORE so our heart beats are racing the entire time! This knocks the panties off D2. Customization... Character uniqueness .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've changed my build completely almost everyAs a d2 veteran (HcPlayer89 @ JSP #1 during EHCL resets twice >> Team Gnar.. Yah you remember us..) I tell you all... This Game ROCKS.. I mean WOW! Every single encounter is so epic. We play HARDCORE so our heart beats are racing the entire time! This knocks the panties off D2. Customization... Character uniqueness .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've changed my build completely almost every single level! (to the point where my "party role" has changed from tank, dps, healer, and CC on just my MONK! ONE CHARACTER!!) Okay, so the launch has some issues. It is expected.. I had a full party of 4 at my house at 3:00 a.m. eastern time, and not one of us expected to be on the server before 4:30. Yah.. error 37 for an hour or two, but we all four played to level 20 in HC, and are now napping while these updates happen. :D 10/10 all the way GO BLIZZ! Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012