4.0

1. May 15, 2012
    The first few hours of playing this game was done with friends and I have to say the multi-player element of this game is outstanding. It was incredibly easy to add friends, join their game or have them join me and the UI was intuitive. Not sure why there are so many haters of the online component, or saying it's nothing like it's predecessors. It is every bit as good as Diablo and DiabloThe first few hours of playing this game was done with friends and I have to say the multi-player element of this game is outstanding. It was incredibly easy to add friends, join their game or have them join me and the UI was intuitive. Not sure why there are so many haters of the online component, or saying it's nothing like it's predecessors. It is every bit as good as Diablo and Diablo II were when they were released and well worth the wait and investment Blizzard has put into producing a quality game. This title will be around for many years to come. Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    I've played the game for about 6 hours now and played co-op and single player both. The game has only provided constant enjoyment and it keeps getting better. People complaining about lack of skill points and customization need to give it a rest. There are PLENTY of customization options relating to skills. Thousands of total combinations. Half of the people complaining seem to have onlyI've played the game for about 6 hours now and played co-op and single player both. The game has only provided constant enjoyment and it keeps getting better. People complaining about lack of skill points and customization need to give it a rest. There are PLENTY of customization options relating to skills. Thousands of total combinations. Half of the people complaining seem to have only played the beta or not even played the game at all yet. Reviewing the game based off of server stability at launch is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in a review. Expand
  3. May 15, 2012
    I loved Diablo 2 and I have to say that this game so far exceeds my wildest expectations. This is almost definitely my favorite game I have ever played and I am only 4 hours in. Blizzard did such a good job keeping all the good things I loved from D2 and removing all the crap that people didn't like. The concerns that people are bringing up like the lack of offline mode, drm, etc doesn'tI loved Diablo 2 and I have to say that this game so far exceeds my wildest expectations. This is almost definitely my favorite game I have ever played and I am only 4 hours in. Blizzard did such a good job keeping all the good things I loved from D2 and removing all the crap that people didn't like. The concerns that people are bringing up like the lack of offline mode, drm, etc doesn't really matter when the play experience for those who bought the game is fantastic. Kudos to Blizzard, they just need to get the servers running super smoothly! Expand
  4. May 15, 2012
    Excellent game, a lot of people don't understand about the DRM and like to jump on the band wagon, but with this new DRM the game feels better, people aren't able to hack and dupe items so the RMAH and status of the game remain clean and unspoiled, Combat is fun, fans of Diablo 1 and 2, this is your Diablo 3.
  5. May 17, 2012
    Amazing game, great sequel of Diablo and Diablo 2, honor the series in so many ways, and the story is fantastic.
    For all you folks that are planning to buy, don't take serious the idiots that are voting negative only because they can't play the game or because they are just idiots, this game is really worth playing.
  6. May 15, 2012
    Love it! Of course there were some launch hiccups with thousands trying to login at once, but it's an awesome game! I'm hooked! Don't believe the low ratings, they are here due to a thread on blizzard and are just mad kids.
  7. May 15, 2012
    I'm a long time player of the Diablo series and very much enjoy this latest installment. Negative people here are just ridiculous and have no idea what they are talking about let alone the effort put into a game like this. I like the improved play, especially not having the constant town portal and identify scrolls. I like the new skill system and not being locked into a set therebyI'm a long time player of the Diablo series and very much enjoy this latest installment. Negative people here are just ridiculous and have no idea what they are talking about let alone the effort put into a game like this. I like the improved play, especially not having the constant town portal and identify scrolls. I like the new skill system and not being locked into a set thereby nerfing characters. I enjoy the new cinematic and graphics. I don't know what people were expecting about character customization. Diablo was never about that. It's about killing, lewt and fighting in a party. These people want to compare it to games that it is not and they should be ignored. Good game so far and the server issues will resolve shortly. Expand
  8. May 15, 2012
    Awesome game. I have been waiting 10 years for this game. It has been pure awesomeness so far. Sure they removed a few things and simplified eveything but so far i'm not missing it. The play is great, the characters refreshing and the skills awesellent (awesome + excellent). You dont need a high end pc to play either. It should play on any laptop. Its too bad about the early server issuesAwesome game. I have been waiting 10 years for this game. It has been pure awesomeness so far. Sure they removed a few things and simplified eveything but so far i'm not missing it. The play is great, the characters refreshing and the skills awesellent (awesome + excellent). You dont need a high end pc to play either. It should play on any laptop. Its too bad about the early server issues but once it started working i had a great time. Well worth the price. Expand
  9. May 15, 2012
    Great game so far. Small hitch on launch day but gee several million people are trying to log in. You see several different little style things that link it back to one and two. The game runs great, plays great. I really cannot say enough good things about it. There has been some downtime, but every realistic adult playing the game fully expected that to be the case on launch day.
  10. May 17, 2012
    Omfg, stop whining about Diablo 3.
    Omfg, stop whining about Diablo 3.
    It's a great game. It's a worthy sequel. The graphics are not next-gen BF3 or crysis, but the maps are designed to be amazingly pretty, so I don't give a **** It's even possible to play this **** in 3D, and it's actually pretty neat. It may not be the quintessential RPG like Diablo 2 was back when it hit the markets, but it's still ****loads better than most other games you find on the market. So wipe your tears and get back and defeat nightmare difficulty before you talk **** Jeez!
  11. May 17, 2012
    Game is amazing and has the feel of a Diablo game. No, it is not an exact replica of D2 which it seems many are looking for, but it is truly addicting with more solid story to add to the dungeon crawl experience. Currently through Nightmare so I've played enough to make some sort of comment.

I enjoy the rune system, and it is certainly not a linear progression (anyone thinking that is not optimizing their character) and I appreciate Blizz switching it up if at least just a little bit. RMAH will be interesting but not really my focus, just great to play with friends.
  12. May 18, 2012
    I don't know what everybody is complaining about. Just because the servers went down for a bit, doesn't mean you have to go crazy! The game being playable only if the player is online is the only major issue of the game. Other the that, the game is near flawless. The gameplay is innovative and different than Diablo II, yet its still engaging. The cinematic are one of the best out there.I don't know what everybody is complaining about. Just because the servers went down for a bit, doesn't mean you have to go crazy! The game being playable only if the player is online is the only major issue of the game. Other the that, the game is near flawless. The gameplay is innovative and different than Diablo II, yet its still engaging. The cinematic are one of the best out there. There are minor flaws in my opinion, such as the portals to town system, however its not something that would completely ruin the gameplay. On a side note, I wish Blizzard would have maintained the Necromancer class. That is just a personal preference... As for the storyline, it has twists and turns, with a bit of generic stuff going on there, not much to complain about. I would definitely recommend this game to any one who is into this type of genre, its a cannot miss! I'd give it a 9 or 9.5, but I gave a 10 here because I find it ridiculous how people are giving it anything under an 8. Expand
  13. May 18, 2012
    To Everyone saying D3 SUCKS cause of server failures, that's not the games fault, that's Blizzard. If you go play right now it is fine so all you **** are just that. The actual game is awesome, nice randomized dungeons, the Bosses felt epic I enjoyed every last minute of the game. As always the loot is the main thing and it's awesome to see some of the **** I've gotten. Can't wait for PVPTo Everyone saying D3 SUCKS cause of server failures, that's not the games fault, that's Blizzard. If you go play right now it is fine so all you **** are just that. The actual game is awesome, nice randomized dungeons, the Bosses felt epic I enjoyed every last minute of the game. As always the loot is the main thing and it's awesome to see some of the **** I've gotten. Can't wait for PVP so I can kill some other folks. I have nothing bad to say about this game I've been more than happy with the result of this game. Expand
  14. May 19, 2012
    Pay no attention to the User Score of 4.0 this is a great game. You can no longer choose which stats you're going to put where. Stats like strength, dexterity, intelligence, etc. are chosen for you. However, there is a plethora of skills to choose from and runes for each skill that modifies the skill with different powers. There is tons of gear to pick up, different combinations you canPay no attention to the User Score of 4.0 this is a great game. You can no longer choose which stats you're going to put where. Stats like strength, dexterity, intelligence, etc. are chosen for you. However, there is a plethora of skills to choose from and runes for each skill that modifies the skill with different powers. There is tons of gear to pick up, different combinations you can use for you and the NPC's that can be your followers - in Diablo 2 they were called mercenaries. There is a 4th difficulty level Inferno, there's still a hardcore mode, the server issues are no longer a problem. To each his own, but I wouldn't trust the user score. Lots of people have put a 0 or another low score. Respectively, enjoy the game for what it is and not what you want it to be. It's a great game and is great fun. :) Expand
  15. May 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been waiting for Diablo 3 for six whole years. I am one of Diablo 2's greatest fans, and have literally spent quite possibly a thousand hours playing it. My hopes were high for Diablo 3. I was hoping for it to be like Diablo 2, but quite naturally I wanted some positive change also. It pains me to say this. It really does. But Diablo 3 has disappointed me. The game has been criticized for being 'dumbed-down'. And sadly, I have to agree:

1. Why does my hero yell for my help every time his/her health is low? Why does the entire screen glow red for this purpose? Why does the tooltip on my health globe say 'Lose it all, and you're dead'. Is this primary school for RPG players?

2. The quests are messy. Too often I'll be busy killing off a pack of monsters and the quest updates will complete one after the other without me knowing what I had to do or what I had completed. Simpler is better. Diablo 2 essentially had six quests in each act, and it was up to you to find out where to go. There where no arrows pointing the way on your mini map. No beacons indicating the location of your next quest. 'Enter the cave' is not a mini quest, or a useful guideline. It's Blizzard holding the player's hand, spoon feeding.

3. It seems everyone in the game world keeps a journal, and none can be bothered keeping it safe. I do have the choice to pick up a journal, yes. But even so, I feel the lore in the game is too interfering. I cannot be bothered listening to the ramblings of a random character while I'm in the midst of a monster battle. Diablo 2 managed to have the lore on the side, for those bothered with the intricacies of it. I am not, and in Diablo 3 I sometimes feel it's shoved down my throat.

4. The skill system. Oh, the skill system. What have you gone and done, Blizzard. The skill system ensures that every single Wizard character I will ever create will have the same skills available at the same level with the same options for supposedly 'customizing' them. Choosing between runes for a specific skill is NOT and will NEVER be 'customizing'. The idea of Diablo 2 was to allow the player to choose his or her skill, and how many points he or she wanted to attribute to it. What the hell was wrong with that system? I LIKE the fact that your choices were permanent. I LIKE the fact that you couldn't change it on a whim. Because that made you THINK about it beforehand. If you got it wrong the first time, you were smarter the next time. That was called progression. Diablo 3 does not open itself up to player skill. It seems that the only way I'll be any different to another Wizard is by the gear I have (which I can either craft myself or I can find in the game world - thus dependent on luck), or if that other Wizard had a different colour set of boots to mine. Because I can change my runes and skills to match his. How is that character customization? It's not.

5. I am NOT a fan of the World-of-Warcraft esque graphics. I loved the gothic feel Diablo 2 had. Heck, even the font used in Diablo 2 was weird and fitting. In Diablo 2 it feels like Arial 14 or something. I don't get that excitement any more when a green item drops. It's just...missing. Why do the enemies glow red when I hover my cursor over them? Why? Why? Why? Why is the screen so busy? Why do I have a block of text to draw my attention to past conversations? Why does my character feel the need to tell me when he has slain 6 monsters with one shot that he is 'unstoppable'? And what was the idea behind the in-game cutscenes? They are choppy, uninspiring, boring, unnecessary, and just plain rubbish.

6. DRM. If you haven't by now read about the incredibly frustrating/annoying/angering DRM issues in Diablo 3, let me sum it up: It's absolutely and unforgivably disgusting. Nothing says 'oops' like the moment you cannot play single player because the game servers are full. Nothing infuriates like internet lag in the middle of a boss-fight with the end result you having been slain because your spells weren't being cast. Nothing demoralizes you like the moment you are disconnected from your single player game because the network connection was dropped, and you have as a result lost some progress. For the small band of pirates you are defeating with DRM, Blizzard, you are angering a larger group of loyal, PAYING customers. Shame on you.
    I have many gripes with Diablo 3. I worship its predecessor, Diablo 2. But sadly, Diablo 3 feels much more commercialized, much more casual gamer-friendly, much less addictive, much less taxing on the serious gamer's brain. The disappointment I have with this game is great. Waiting six years for a game and then being let down this badly is soulcrushing.
  16. May 19, 2012
    Very a goood diablo, multiplayer are very great ,if you like diablo, you like diablo3, me its ok to be connected to play.

jadore le jeux, super bon diablo, le multiplayer es super le fun
  17. May 19, 2012
    Let me preface this review with a derisive note to all the "I can not log in" negative reviewers. If 2 Million people try and access ANY service at the same, it will crash there is no way to prepare for this. This problem is not part of the game, no more than running out of gas is a reason to bash your car manufacturer. Now that that is out of the way....

This is a fantastic improvement

This is a fantastic improvement on the previous games. There has been significant overhaul to many of the in-game mechanics. You no longer have to pick what attribute points go where. Instead the character levels up in the manner that makes the most sense for their role in the battlefields. You do not have to worry about building a character that will not be playable because you made poor choices in the the previous levels. The game does not drop the hardest difficulty on you without preparation, Nightmare mode and beyond are not available until you can work your way into the greater challenge. The skill system no longer locks you into just one time choices that you have to pay to respec. Instead respecing is a change as you need it system now. This lets you see what works for you without having to reskill at a cost or even worse make a new character. Overall I would say this is a fun playing experience and is worth the buy.
  18. May 19, 2012
    Ignore the problems with the server and the fact that some people want an off line mode, this is your normal diablo game, Hack and slash and get all the amazing loot. Yeah the story seems like it needs more but thats always been diablo always give me more. If you never played a diablo game before and try to compair it to other games like elder scrolls you will be disappointed. I love theIgnore the problems with the server and the fact that some people want an off line mode, this is your normal diablo game, Hack and slash and get all the amazing loot. Yeah the story seems like it needs more but thats always been diablo always give me more. If you never played a diablo game before and try to compair it to other games like elder scrolls you will be disappointed. I love the game and cant stop playing it, its all about the items. Anyone who puts a bad review just because they could play on launch night is just being dumb, what did you expected when million yes million of people all try to log in at once. Yes i had a problem the first night but its been fine now I would encourage you to buy this game and give it a shot, even if you are on the fence play D2 and the exp same idea as D3. Expand
  19. May 20, 2012
    I'll start with the negatives. The community. The user reaction to Diablo 3's release is the reason it's still negative to say you're a gamer. Diablo 3 has been designed to be a cloud-based game from the start, and yet people are whining like pathetic children as if they only just learned about it today. For people who hate always online systems, they sure seem to love putting money intoI'll start with the negatives. The community. The user reaction to Diablo 3's release is the reason it's still negative to say you're a gamer. Diablo 3 has been designed to be a cloud-based game from the start, and yet people are whining like pathetic children as if they only just learned about it today. For people who hate always online systems, they sure seem to love putting money into them.

Not only that but many are complaining that the game is "unplayable." I'm sorry, was Blizzard unable to let you play for a small handful of hours out of the years of time to play it following launch? That must be awful!

Enough of that though. On to the good. Diablo 3 presents a remarkably satisfying art style. It's clean, ambient, and provides just the right amount of gore for a good hack and slash experience. Despite being slightly cartoonish it still provides a dark feeling in many areas.

The combat is superb. Blizzard has perfected it from the previous games, streamlining it. You simply form your preferred build and go at it. There's no worries investing points into an ability you'll never use, or putting points into abilities just to find out what they're like only to learn you're stuck with them. There's also a nice balance between damage, utility and defence. The new resource sytems also help separate D3 from other dungeon crawlers.

The story was rather underwhelming to be honest. It felt very anti-climactic in several scenes that should have been very dramatic. Still, it wasn't bad. Just not amazing. However the music and cinematics were absolutely fantastic. Blizzard once again lives up to being the best developer ever in terms of cinematics.

Overall I'd give it 9/10, but I'll make it 10 to counterract the idiots giving it 0.
  20. PL3
    May 20, 2012
    Drm is sh1t.

Still, this game is awesome. Level desing awesome, a lot of replay value, good story line, cinematic are just crazy, the gameplay is good, I wanna see the future of this game so bad. I dont like the fact that you have to leave your game to check the AH, then go back in a game and lost your MF Bonus. 4 players is perfect. I just can't imagine 8 players play in the same game.
    Drm is sh1t.

I was septical first because i'm a big fans of the diablo series, but now I will be a fans forever and ever.

9 is a good note, connection issue at the launch was freaking stupid but the game is great so. I hate people here say crap because they can't play for like 3 hours. Stop crying you noobs.
  21. May 20, 2012
    This game shows very strongly what is wrong with metacritic as a whole. I have read through all of the negative (0) scores and not one of them I can agree with. Diablo 3 is an amazing game and even better is the fact that its an action rpg. Something that big companies normally doesn't dare release and yet blizzard does so which is just outstanding. The DRM is gay I will admit that but itThis game shows very strongly what is wrong with metacritic as a whole. I have read through all of the negative (0) scores and not one of them I can agree with. Diablo 3 is an amazing game and even better is the fact that its an action rpg. Something that big companies normally doesn't dare release and yet blizzard does so which is just outstanding. The DRM is gay I will admit that but it doesn't mean that the game deserves a score of 0, that is just ridiculous. Expand
  22. May 20, 2012
    Ill admit when I first started playing I wasnt that impressed. But when I got to act 2 something happend that doesnt happen very often to me. I started telling myself I need to turn this game off because I have some things I need to do. But I was having a hard time doing it. Thats when you know your playing something special. Yes, the online part is not what I wanted either,but I haventIll admit when I first started playing I wasnt that impressed. But when I got to act 2 something happend that doesnt happen very often to me. I started telling myself I need to turn this game off because I have some things I need to do. But I was having a hard time doing it. Thats when you know your playing something special. Yes, the online part is not what I wanted either,but I havent had any problems once launch calmed down a bit. The environments are varied and makes want to explore and of coarse the loot is endless addiction. Ill be playing this off and on for a long time. The only gripe I really have is I wish you could start the game on a harder difficulty since normal feels a little on the easy side. Wont stop me from playing it though! Expand
  23. May 20, 2012
    Blizzard delivers, as always. A thoroughly addictive game that is all I expected it to be. More combinations of skills than the last game, individualisation by hard to get items and challenges in the bossfights.
    To all the DRM haters out there, think about this the next time you download a movie or game.
  24. May 20, 2012
    Metacritic user scores never mean anything anyway, everyone goes by the critic's score.
    This is a perfect example of why. People slamming the game because of minor and expected launch issues. This game is incredible, as long as you don't expect it to be Diablo 2, and just play it for what it is you will not be disapointed.
    This game requires a constant internet connection. People are

This game requires a constant internet connection. People are complaing but the truth is this is not a single player game. I have had more fun and social moments playing this throughout the week then I have had during my 2 months of SWTOR. Brilliant game. The mechanics are tuned perfectly. Sound and voice work is great. The graphics are pretty ancient but are saved but excellent art and style. I would rate 9/10 but am putting 10/10 to slightly make up for all the half assed negative reviews from people who haven't even played the game...
  25. May 20, 2012
    From he familiar roots of Diablo two, comparing it to three is like comparing it to a set of identical twins. ithe game stays to its roots and provides that interesting and fun challenge that comes to it. from the interesting gameplay, to the continuation of awesome legends like Decard Cain and Tyrael, Diablo three expands off of Diablo 2 and makes it even better.
    The gameplay is
    The gameplay is simplifyed, and true no skill trees, but that doesent define how good the game is supposed to be, why whine if something is easier for you to do? the game still provides interesting skill choices and combinations that creates that strategy that i love about the game. perhaps it would be better if it was slightly longer, as a fan i always wish it was so, but even then there should be no dispute, Diablo 3 is as every bit a classic as i wish, well worth the 59.99 i paid for it.
    and quite honestly, id like to add that sure you unlock stuff at every level but thats a strength not a weakness, i enjoy everytime i level my Wizard class avatar to see what new tricks i can unleash against the Burning Hells.
  26. May 21, 2012
    Its not often that a game captivates me, drawing me to play it for hours on end. Diablo 3 has, and fails to disappoint. Diablo 3's Visuals are stunning and vibrant, though not photo realistic, they captivate and engross you in the wonderful world blizzard have created. Diablo 3's visuals take big steps forward from its predecessors, but not too many to take the game away from what is was,Its not often that a game captivates me, drawing me to play it for hours on end. Diablo 3 has, and fails to disappoint. Diablo 3's Visuals are stunning and vibrant, though not photo realistic, they captivate and engross you in the wonderful world blizzard have created. Diablo 3's visuals take big steps forward from its predecessors, but not too many to take the game away from what is was, alienating veteran players. The audio is strong, vibrant and fitting, especially during the beautiful cinematics. There are also several nostalgic touches such as the sound of healing urns when used, brought from Diablo 2. Fans of the series will no doubt pick up on these details. Game play is top notch. Every element of the game has been thoroughly thought out. Everything just works without a hitch. There have been some bold changes such as taking away skill point allocation, but fortunately these changes work and bring new life to the game. The Controls work well, although it is just a few keys on the keyboard and a mouse. I have read a lot of complaints regarding the 'Internet connection required', and constant server disconnection issues. I may be one of the lucky ones, but I have not yet experienced a single issue since launch, and I have been playing Diablo 3 a lot! Having finished the game twice, and still wanting to play more, I say its money well spent. Thank you Blizzard for taking the time to create such a great sequel. Expand
  27. May 21, 2012
    The game is awesome. It is a lot of fun and addicting. It has the nostalgic of when I played D2. People complain about the graphics, but what they don't realize it was smart on Blizzards move to make the game accessible to everyone no matter what their system requirements are. Even the Macbook Air runs the game see Kotaku's article.

There are only a few problems I have with it and one is

There are only a few problems I have with it and one is you have to be connected to Blizzard servers to play. Which is good for 'cloud' storage of your character and to prevent all those hack mods that was apparent in D1 and D2 so it is a trade.

Another one would be the story, it is good but not what I thought it would be. I think they played it safe. I will leave it at that so I leave no spoilers.

I have been playing Diablo and Diablo 2 since their first release and with that experience I'd like to say that this game is worthy of the Diablo series name. Go enjoy.
  28. May 22, 2012
    Ok, dont listen to people **** the game because of the famous error 37 or something like that, this occur only in the first 24 hours of the launch, since then, the game has no connection bug at all. This game is very well done, graphic and environment are more then epic. Blizzard has done a great job in the gameplay this is the best Hack and Slash i've ever played. I'm going to play thisOk, dont listen to people **** the game because of the famous error 37 or something like that, this occur only in the first 24 hours of the launch, since then, the game has no connection bug at all. This game is very well done, graphic and environment are more then epic. Blizzard has done a great job in the gameplay this is the best Hack and Slash i've ever played. I'm going to play this game for years. Deserve a 10/10. Expand
  29. May 22, 2012
    So I'm 100 hours into the game and it isn't as bad as everyone said. This game is truly amazing! Blizzard drop the ball on release day server issues. This metacritic user score is their punishment. but the core game is great.
  30. May 22, 2012
    People quit complaining. just because you don't like the story doesn't mean the game deserves a 0, or because you couldn't play may 15 th. The story isn't perfect but the gameplay and multiplayer is so freaking good and addicting, I love this game even MORE than diablo 2 and that's saying something. The graphics don't look like BF3 or crysis but they at least look VERY good for this typePeople quit complaining. just because you don't like the story doesn't mean the game deserves a 0, or because you couldn't play may 15 th. The story isn't perfect but the gameplay and multiplayer is so freaking good and addicting, I love this game even MORE than diablo 2 and that's saying something. The graphics don't look like BF3 or crysis but they at least look VERY good for this type of game and a less demanding game, means what? MORE players, there's a reason why valve's games are so successfull they are fun as h*** and not demanding at all. Expand
  31. May 25, 2012
    Since I am a Blizzard fan boy anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, however, I am appalled that so many users gave this game such a low score simply because they had server issues. Yes, the game was not playable for many of you at launch, but that does not mean it is not a good game. In fact it IS! Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to D2. The gameplay is asSince I am a Blizzard fan boy anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, however, I am appalled that so many users gave this game such a low score simply because they had server issues. Yes, the game was not playable for many of you at launch, but that does not mean it is not a good game. In fact it IS! Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to D2. The gameplay is as addictive as ever and the loot system keeps you coming back for more. Apart from its story, which honestly could have been much more engaging, this game is amazing! Donâ Expand
  32. May 26, 2012
    Love this game. Loved the first 2 as well. This is a great evolution of the series. If you haven't made it late into the harder difficulties, you aren't really getting out of this game what was intended.
  33. May 26, 2012
    Diablo III is a great game. It's a destroy and loot game, and it does both extremely well. It looks, sounds and plays fantastic. The art, sound and level design are top notch, it is highly polished and is more than I expected (mainly because I didn't waste time following the development over the last 5 years.) As far as technical issues people are having, the recommended systemDiablo III is a great game. It's a destroy and loot game, and it does both extremely well. It looks, sounds and plays fantastic. The art, sound and level design are top notch, it is highly polished and is more than I expected (mainly because I didn't waste time following the development over the last 5 years.) As far as technical issues people are having, the recommended system requirements are for a now 5 year old computer, and a high speed internet connection. World of Warcraft has required an internet connection since 2004, and if your computer isn't good enough to play it, that's not really Blizzard's fault. I do a LOT of sympathy for people who simply can't get good enough internet service to play, but again, not Blizzard's fault, and if you were just looking to get a pirated copy, well, this game is actually worth the money, where so many others are not. Positive review (9 out of 10), have fun, and good luck! Expand
  34. Jun 4, 2012
    So, 74 "critics" give Diablo a B+ (essentially), and 5000 users give it an F. Kinda makes those critics look foolish, doesn't it? My question is, why'd it take Blizzard so many freakin' years to come out with D3? You definitely don't see the time, effort and money onscreen. In fact, the game is not noticeably better than Diablo (1). Major drawbacks from my standpoint: game is too short,So, 74 "critics" give Diablo a B+ (essentially), and 5000 users give it an F. Kinda makes those critics look foolish, doesn't it? My question is, why'd it take Blizzard so many freakin' years to come out with D3? You definitely don't see the time, effort and money onscreen. In fact, the game is not noticeably better than Diablo (1). Major drawbacks from my standpoint: game is too short, too easy on normal mode, some old favorites are gone (no secret rooms, etc.) and there's not enough diversity in environments. Gotta say, I'm disappointed after so much hype and such a long wait. Expand
  35. Oct 15, 2013
    3.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-33.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-3 months of lvling/grinding BUT those 2-3 months are well worth it, the graphics are simply great, mechanics, animations, voices... all of those are topnotch even the story isnt all that bad, hell i would buy this game for the cinematics alone... i mean NO MATTER HOW MUCH DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE this game doesn't deserve 0/10 or are you telling me there is at least 1 person that thinks the graphics are bad? Give me a break. If you rate rate reasonably... taking in consideration ALL of its flaws AND beauties. Expand
  36. Jun 21, 2014
    It seems like nobody can enjoy classic genres like ARPG's (Action Role-Playing Game) anymore. People think that these games are too repetitive but I like it and people may complain about how Diablo 3 had ruined its Diablo franchise but its new expansion, RoS (Reaper of Souls) has made improvements to the game by a long run. People who played this game awhile back when the game was releasedIt seems like nobody can enjoy classic genres like ARPG's (Action Role-Playing Game) anymore. People think that these games are too repetitive but I like it and people may complain about how Diablo 3 had ruined its Diablo franchise but its new expansion, RoS (Reaper of Souls) has made improvements to the game by a long run. People who played this game awhile back when the game was released should really consider trying it again and give it a better review. Expand
  37. Aug 8, 2014
    Short serious review-opinion: (First about me) I have played Diablo 2 Lod for about 10 years, played every character, loved story and its feel. I am truly hardcore fan.
    (REVIEW:) THIS GAME IS FLAWLESS. Except - DRM, and thankfully, it is GONE. Now, nothing can compare to it, because it is child of Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction and gentlemen, it is true child and hold up its name despite haters all around... Long Live the Diablo!
  38. May 15, 2012
    ^ 431 people need to go back to playing their pandas on WoW. For all the true diablo series fan this game is rocking. Finally a game that has an end game challenge so 12 year old pony boys can't QQ about and get the game nerfed. GJ BLIZZ!
  39. May 15, 2012
    All this trolling makes me sad. D3 is a worth successor to a storied franchise. It does exactly what it set out to do: it updates Diablo gameplay to 2012 sensibilities while maintaining the core of what it means to be "Diablo." This series has been the gold standard in the ARPG genere since it the original Diablo came out in 1996. D3 continues that legacy with aplomb. If you like Diablo orAll this trolling makes me sad. D3 is a worth successor to a storied franchise. It does exactly what it set out to do: it updates Diablo gameplay to 2012 sensibilities while maintaining the core of what it means to be "Diablo." This series has been the gold standard in the ARPG genere since it the original Diablo came out in 1996. D3 continues that legacy with aplomb. If you like Diablo or this style of game in general, D3 is well worth your money. If you're not a fan of the genre, I recommend you give D3 a look. Expand
  40. May 16, 2012
    Great game, really awesome graphics. Countless hours of replay. Love the sound and voice acting. Very fun. I can understand why it's so popular. GAME OF THE YEAR.
  41. May 15, 2012
    Let me start off by saying...anyone that gave this game a lower than a 7 (a reasonable score for someone who may not actually like the game because lets be honest, it is near flawless) is a complete troll so ignore them...yes I spent an hour logging in at 3 am (eastern time, yeah I had to wait until 3 in the morning), did that stop me from enjoying a game? No. And as a matter of fact,Let me start off by saying...anyone that gave this game a lower than a 7 (a reasonable score for someone who may not actually like the game because lets be honest, it is near flawless) is a complete troll so ignore them...yes I spent an hour logging in at 3 am (eastern time, yeah I had to wait until 3 in the morning), did that stop me from enjoying a game? No. And as a matter of fact, anyone that says it isnt anything like diablo 2 is mentally handicapped and should seek help. I am an avid diablo 2 fan (over 700 hours, 7 lvl 99 characters, over 100 playthroughs) I can honestly say that this game is better...you may think that because there are no skill or stat points that it is streamlined but I assure you it is not. There are over 1000 more character combinations with the available 30+ skills and 130+ runes and 16 passives that there is no way that everyone (unless they follow a guide) will be the same...The story is not rubbish, in fact they did a hell of a lot better conveying their message than diablo 1 and 2 did combined. Bottom line, if someone gave it below a 7 they are obviously trolling...If you are a fan of diablo 2 like I was then you MUST, I don't mean it lightly, pick up this game. In my honest opinion it is much better than diablo 2, and definitely lived up to the hype. Additionally for those looking to troll the real money auction house let me remind you of what it was like in diablo 2 when you would create a game and 9 gold spammers would join the game and spam your chat log to the point it would cover your screen, and those few unfortunate individuals that happened to buy gear from an unknown site with real money and got their identities stolen or never recieved their items...yeah remember that? I 100% agree with the real money auction house...additionally DIABLO IS NOT A SINGLE PLAYER GAME! since diablo 2 it has had a focus on multiplayer, so suck it up get over that it doesn't have a single player portion...that is my opinion...for those of you that troll, please uninstall the game and give it to someone that does care, or stop playing altogether so that we can log in quicker...thanks Expand
  42. May 15, 2012
    The game is like a wooly cup inside of a large black bag that has no zipper. At first you open the bag to see if the zipper will slide and once you do you realize that the smell of rotten flesh coming from the bag reminds you of the time you jumped on the trampoline naked in 9th grade. It's not so much the eye candy that gets you going with this game but the way it makes you want to turnThe game is like a wooly cup inside of a large black bag that has no zipper. At first you open the bag to see if the zipper will slide and once you do you realize that the smell of rotten flesh coming from the bag reminds you of the time you jumped on the trampoline naked in 9th grade. It's not so much the eye candy that gets you going with this game but the way it makes you want to turn your stereo up to level 11. If I could describe this game in one word it would be Expand
  43. May 15, 2012
    As a d2 veteran (HcPlayer89 @ JSP #1 during EHCL resets twice >> Team Gnar.. Yah you remember us..) I tell you all... This Game ROCKS.. I mean WOW! Every single encounter is so epic. We play HARDCORE so our heart beats are racing the entire time! This knocks the panties off D2. Customization... Character uniqueness .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've changed my build completely almost everyAs a d2 veteran (HcPlayer89 @ JSP #1 during EHCL resets twice >> Team Gnar.. Yah you remember us..) I tell you all... This Game ROCKS.. I mean WOW! Every single encounter is so epic. We play HARDCORE so our heart beats are racing the entire time! This knocks the panties off D2. Customization... Character uniqueness .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've changed my build completely almost every single level! (to the point where my "party role" has changed from tank, dps, healer, and CC on just my MONK! ONE CHARACTER!!) Okay, so the launch has some issues. It is expected.. I had a full party of 4 at my house at 3:00 a.m. eastern time, and not one of us expected to be on the server before 4:30. Yah.. error 37 for an hour or two, but we all four played to level 20 in HC, and are now napping while these updates happen. :D 10/10 all the way GO BLIZZ! Expand
  44. aTn
    May 15, 2012
    Most reviews done by users before the day of release (or a few hours after release) are simply rants against the DRM policy. Thanks to them for polluting the set of user reviews and making them have absolutely no meaning at all, except for the fact that many like to whine.

I've been playing the game for about 5 hours and it is simply great. I will reserve judgement until I've completed it and the dust has settled a bit. I give it a 9 based on sound (the music is awesome, even the installer music !), graphics, lighting effects and the story.
  45. May 17, 2012
    I feel compelled to review Diablo 3 not for the public but because of the public. For those giving this game a bad score for the necessary internet connection and launch bugs shame on you. Although I also don't agree with needing a constant internet connection this isn't the first game to do it and one of the biggest reasons to add this requirement is for any game now a days is becauseI feel compelled to review Diablo 3 not for the public but because of the public. For those giving this game a bad score for the necessary internet connection and launch bugs shame on you. Although I also don't agree with needing a constant internet connection this isn't the first game to do it and one of the biggest reasons to add this requirement is for any game now a days is because of piracy. Is it the best way to handle it? No. If your going to be mad about something like that be mad at the people who steal games. The people that think the game is worth playing but don't want to pay for it. As for the launch bugs, they will get fixed, calm down.

Now, on to the real reason I'm defending the game. People keep saying its watered down and to "casual." To those people I say, wait till you unlock the other difficulty modes. I am also reading a lot of post about people being unhappy with character development. I think they did a great job. From what I gather people are pretty butt hurt about not being able to pick stats when you level. But I ask why, why do you want to do that so much? Blizzard took a step back and actually analyzed how people were playing their games. Just like in WoW if you didn't put talent point in certain skills, or in Diablo's case, stats, then you were essentially playing the class wrong. They instead said, and this is true with Diablo too, if they are always going to put their point into these stats lets find another way that people can customize their characters the way they want to without them feeling inferior to someone else playing the same class. That's where the introduction to these new skill types shine. For example my brother and myself are both playing Monk. We are both piling on the dexterity from items, because in order to do any type of good damage we need it. Which points back to why anyone wants "customize" their own stats, just let them do it. We all know where your going to put them anyway. Instead, where we get to customize is with our abilities, runes, and passive abilities. We play the character completely different yet were both feel just as powerfully and we enjoy playing the game in our own ways. I've tried his skills build and i hate it, and the same can be said when he tried how I play my monk. The game is deep, the art is gorgeous and a amazing example of why not every game needs "next gen" graphics. For everyone hating on the game for the mandatory internet connection and the launch bugs. I understand, I've said my share of comment about it, but grow up. Scores of Zero are childish.
  46. May 18, 2012
    definitely a step up in the franchise. Worried about customization? Just do the math. there is more options in D3 than D2. And end game content, and cheat-free CUZ ITS ONLINE THANKS BLIZZARD.
  47. May 18, 2012
    I hate the fact there are so many people giving this great game unfair scores, so I decided to get my own write up in here. I preordered the game without playing the beta and almost second guessed my decision based on the bad things I was hearing about the game before release from the beta testers. Thankfully I didn't cancel my order because after 15 hours of playing the game, I absolutelyI hate the fact there are so many people giving this great game unfair scores, so I decided to get my own write up in here. I preordered the game without playing the beta and almost second guessed my decision based on the bad things I was hearing about the game before release from the beta testers. Thankfully I didn't cancel my order because after 15 hours of playing the game, I absolutely love it and I feel like its the best in the series.
    - Always online aspect of the game is something that naturally bothered me the first day because I couldn't play. And what normal person wouldn't be annoyed, even angry that they couldn't play a game that you waited so long for. But the server issues are stabilizing and the game is probably about 95% playable now, maybe even 100%. I for one absolutely love the always online feature of this game. And I can understand if I never played the game with friends and only did single player for every game I played, then I might be hating on the always online. But for me, the fact that I can always find my friends on B.net 2.0, whether they are on WoW, Sc2, or D3, is awesome. But to be honest, I never played Diablo 2 offline because I always felt that the game was better online. I mean what game isn't better when its played with other people? Diablo 3 almost seems like from the ground up it was designed to be an online game, that could be played solo. Much like MMOs today, solo quest until your max level, then start doing group stuff (on a side note, I think that is the major problem with MMOs today). The difficult scales to the number of characters in the game, which makes playing with friends and the game much more fun. Next always online capability, NO MORE HACKING, thank God. Diablo 2, even closed B.net was completely ruined by hacking. Now that a lot of the game is handled server side, especially loot, it seems, at least for now that Diablo 3 at the very least will be very, very difficult to hack. I like that. Actually, I like that a lot. If you got this game for single player only, I think you are missing one of the core functions of this game.
    - Story is decent and picks up more in the later acts than before. I keep reading about so and so beat normal mode, mind you did not same game, in 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12 hours. I am currently sitting at 15 hours played and I just reached Act 3, but I did what any good RPG and fan of the series did, I explored! And back to the always online feature, if I saw a friend that behind in levels or needed some help, I jumped into their game and helped them. So I haven't just got one, rushed through and finished it. Also, for anyone downrating this game because you rushed through normal and go to the story and are complaining that it is too short, you obviously do not know the point of the Diablo-series, higher difficulty settings! The next difficulties offer better loot, better crafting, and the best part of it all, more challenge. So if you are rushing through to get to those things, awesome, but don't complain about a game being too short when just playing normal mode was never how the game was supposed to be played. I hated the skill system in this game and I mean hated it. I felt like Blizzard was choosing my skills for me and making the leveling up system in D3 be completely automated... until I got to the later levels. Now its another feature that I am enjoying of the game, and not because its pretty much chooses for you, but because of the arsenal of abilities I have to use to kill stuff. For anyone that played Diablo 2, due to synergies, you basically had 2-3 attacks you used and that was it. And in elective mode, I have more freedom over the skills that I use in my bars and I dunno maybe most people aren't using elective mode and that's they don't like it, or maybe they haven't figured out how to change out skills. But this game already has infinitely more skills and ways to play your character than Diablo 2 ever did. So for that I commend Blizzard for making the game they way they did. So, in short, the skill system looks shallow at first, but as you get later into the game and start trying out different combos and different strategies with skills, you start to see how they visioned their skills system.

Finally, graphics, yes technically they are not that impressive, especially if you are only looking at polygons and textures. But to be fair to Blizzard, the graphics were expected, at least from me. I have played every single Blizzard released and each of them were never known for their modern graphics. But the game is delightfully dark, morbid and disgusting, thanks in part to the new graphics, and of course the art direction. And once again, Blizzard excels in the art direction. I mean there are some really grotesque things going on, especially once you get into the dungeons. I love the game and I feel like it deserves praise and definitely worth every penny.
  48. May 18, 2012
    The reason that this game has such low user review score is because of 2 things: it has Diablo in the title and there were server problems. Not being able to play the game when it comes out really sucks, but doesn't make the whole game deserve a 0, it's just a bad play by Blizzard. Just wait a day and calm down. Also, since it has Diablo in the title, people expect this game to be exactlyThe reason that this game has such low user review score is because of 2 things: it has Diablo in the title and there were server problems. Not being able to play the game when it comes out really sucks, but doesn't make the whole game deserve a 0, it's just a bad play by Blizzard. Just wait a day and calm down. Also, since it has Diablo in the title, people expect this game to be exactly like the previous games, rightfully so. However, just because it's not doesn't mean it deserves 0, its just different. The game (when playable) is streamlined, fast-paced, addictive, and a hell of a lot of fun to play. It has more of a focus on being an action rpg then a regular rpg because of the lower level of customization. So take it as that, not for something it isn't trying to be. Saying it is an awful game is wrong, it just wasn't what you expected Expand
  49. May 18, 2012
    Amazing game, loads of fun. Didn't have a SINGLE error with servers and i don't mind the online requirement.
    Well spend 60$! I'm in Act 2 now on Nightmare.
  50. May 18, 2012
    excelente juego!! me encanta mas alla de el tema de la conexion online el juego en si es muy bueno, sigue teniendo la esencia del 2 y sus requisistos son muy accesibles a casi toda la gente
  51. May 18, 2012
    The game is exactly what it should be and is really great. It contains everything that Diablo II was plus a lot of more features. Most of the people are complaining mindlessly about the start of the game where the servers were overloaded but it was just the first two days and now everything goes smoothly. Actually the servers were quite responsible for such a long time waiting game. TheThe game is exactly what it should be and is really great. It contains everything that Diablo II was plus a lot of more features. Most of the people are complaining mindlessly about the start of the game where the servers were overloaded but it was just the first two days and now everything goes smoothly. Actually the servers were quite responsible for such a long time waiting game. The graphics of the game is polished perfectly, the sound is great, there are tons of items to use, the difficult of the several game modes increases smoothly and is quite challenging in order to have the game entertaining for a long time. The hardcore mode is what each game should have.

There is something that I believe, and that most of the people can't realise. The game is a long time challenge that cannot be achieved if there were offline play where cracks and hacks are always possible to be used. The idea is that you can improve yourself to unbelievable limits over the time. To achieve this you should find the perfect gear. Here goes the real money aucision house and I believe Blizzard took a long time planning it as it can be easily spoiled. Some of the greatest items available will be listed there. Finally, if you're really that good and manage to beat the Inferno difficulty, the real challange begins. You start the hardcore mode, where each mistake costs everything and you should carefully plan every move of yours. Believe me, this will make you really feel and enjoy the game making your heart beating. So for all the critics, finish the Inferno difficulty and start playing the Hardcore mode.
  52. May 19, 2012
    Okay seriously, are you people idiots? None of the issues people list here make this game deserve a zero. ---Connectivity issues?---
    Well no **** you can't connect on launch day, it must be the worst game ever made!
    No. It works just fine. There are no random disconnects and no issues logging in anymore. ---Online DRM?--- Yeh it sucks, but unless you lived under a rock, you KNEW it was gonna be like this. Why do you act so surprised? Also, unlike other games with online-DRM, it actually serves a purpose here. The auction house, group games etc. Your saves are stored online aswell which is handy for when you want to play on more than 1 computer at a time. All I can say is, if you don't like it, deal with it.

---Pay to win auction house breaks the game herp derp---
    Okay, seriously what the **** First you people complain it's a SINGLE PLAYER game which requires online connection, then you complain about some auction house? If you don't like it, don't use it. Who the hell cares? How does it affect you? If you only want to play single player, it doesn't have the slightest inpact on your gameplay. Again no reason to give this game a zero.

---Bad graphics---
    What? First of all, the game has not "been in development for 12 years". They didn't start working on it the second they had finished D2. Second of all, the game looks amazing. It follows the Diablo style. Do you want realistic graphics? Play another game. Realistic is not the goal of this genre. The physics adds whole new level to Hack'n'Slash. ---Herp derp no talent trees and no customization---
    Okay, ill say this even for those in the back to hear. THE DIABLO 2 TALENT SYSTEM WAS BROKEN. In oder to get a powerful character on higher levels you had to skip using skill points until levels 24-30. It was boring as hell. "Missclick? Too bad, no respec, make a new character." The solution was either to add option to redistribute the skill points, which would kill the skill system anyway, or to do what Blizzard did in this game, which is quite brilliant. You don't have to devote your character to 3-4 spells you max out and then do over and over again. You can change what you do anytime you want. Also and I can't stress this enough, the most amazing part is that most skills scale with weapon damage as well as the primary stats. It makes gear way more important for other than physical classes.

---Story---
    Okay, it could've been better, but the cutscenes are amazing and it's not meant to be main reason to play a game like Diablo.

---It's too short! I beat it in 6 hours.---
    Sigh. There are 5 classes and 4 difficulties. When you kill Diablo with 1st character on normal difficulty, the game doesn't end, it BEGINS at that very moment. You got to experience about 1-5% of what the game has to offer in terms of crafting, trading, mutliplayer, items, classes etc. Saying it's too short after 1st normal run-through is idiotic. It's like saying Couter Strike is short after finishing 10 games.

Again, even if you think those things are issue for you, this game deserves by no means a ****ing zero. Get real. How bad does any other game have to be for you to give it worse than 5.
  53. May 19, 2012
    I've read the negative reviews here before playing Diablo 3, and after playing through the first act, I have to ask those who give a zero score: Are you serious? Wow. If you honestly think this game has no connection to the previous games or that it pretty damn terrific, you're a victim of hyping your expectations in the stratosphere. No game other than the one in your imaginations couldI've read the negative reviews here before playing Diablo 3, and after playing through the first act, I have to ask those who give a zero score: Are you serious? Wow. If you honestly think this game has no connection to the previous games or that it pretty damn terrific, you're a victim of hyping your expectations in the stratosphere. No game other than the one in your imaginations could have satisfied you.

I agree that the online-single-player component has to go. It stinks. It really stinks. But this iteration of the Diablo series is terrific. Not perfect, but no game is. It's far, far from a zero-through-five rating, though. It has the darkness of the first Diablo, but it also has some mechanics from WoW. I played WoW and it was OK, but I didn't think it was worth the monthly charge. Some of its mechanics are perfectly in place with Diablo. It's not intrusive. If you've played the other Diablo games, it fits right in. It's an evolution of the system.

Which brings me to my next, tangential point: I would guess that most of the zero posters here were still puzzling out there multiplication tables when Diablo 2 came out. I was an adult when it was released and there was much nerd-rage at that time, too. Did you know the original Diablo 2 was 640x480 only... ONLY, when it was released? Imagine the nerd-rage over that fact, alone. It was explosive. There were no runes, and there was no Act 5. All this was changed a year later when LoD came out.

I'm not an apologist for Blizzard. I don't know them; they don't know me. But I do know that they screw up from time to time... and they correct it. Maybe the online-single-player thing will never go away, but maybe it will the next expansion. It's not THAT big of a deal. But the mechanics, the feel, and the length are very well done.

For those who have complained about the game being too short: Maybe. I haven't played through it all, yet. But I can tell those who haven't bought the game that there is a fair amount of exploration to be done and side-dungeons, which will extend play. If you want to blast through the game, you can. It's easy to do, even without any knowledge of what lies ahead -- just follow the road. But what lies off the road is what extends play. Frankly, Diablo 2 got a bit too long in places. I hated slogging through that jungle. Loved the game; hated the jungle act. I'm glad it's a bit more concise, now.

So, for those who are on the fence about Diablo 3, buy it. You won't be disappointed. The feel is more like Diablo 1 than Diablo 2 (in the first act, anyway). I like that. Contrary to some posts here, Diablo 3 is less "cartoon-y" than Diablo 2... and the graphics are waaaay better -- less chunky. The graphics are on par with Titan Quest, for instance. Not at all bad and probably necessarily not cutting-edge because of the amount of moving enemies on the screen. Technology has limitations where fevered fans' imaginations do not. Buy the game, maybe not the Collector's Edition, but it's well worth the money for a good romp in the world of Diablo again.
  54. May 19, 2012
    Seems to be a lot of trolls posting reviews, but I'm going to be honest. The game is exceptional, sure it doesn't provide the graphics of games such as Battlefield 3. But it is a fantastic game, and if your a fan of the previous Diablo games I would find it hard to be dissappointed with this. People will always find something to complain about - " it's too easy " - Try Hell and inferno -Seems to be a lot of trolls posting reviews, but I'm going to be honest. The game is exceptional, sure it doesn't provide the graphics of games such as Battlefield 3. But it is a fantastic game, and if your a fan of the previous Diablo games I would find it hard to be dissappointed with this. People will always find something to complain about - " it's too easy " - Try Hell and inferno - "the graphics are **** " - Blizzard tend to make games that sell to a lot of people, not everyone has a NASA PC. - "it's too dumbed down" - Sure, in terms of stat distribution and skill choices it is, however in some ways it is almost better like this, it inspires expermentation, and if not that, then decide what YOU think is the best build for you instead of googling it.

Although this is my personal opinion, the game seems to be getting a LOT of hate, with little justification. I hope you guys enjoy it!
  55. May 19, 2012
    I find it hilarious that the only people giving Diablo 3 a low score are the ones who can't log in and play due to the incredible number of players over loading the servers...

Cry some more, I hear that will get rid of your error 37.
  56. May 20, 2012
    I personally have fallen in love with this game. It is a blend of solo raiding like WoW but by yourself and it is also kind of like LoL and HoN or Dota sytle games which I imagine what PvP will be like when it is released. I'm living in the UK and during release I got the Error messages only during the night for the first couple of days. I was not really put out by it that much because II personally have fallen in love with this game. It is a blend of solo raiding like WoW but by yourself and it is also kind of like LoL and HoN or Dota sytle games which I imagine what PvP will be like when it is released. I'm living in the UK and during release I got the Error messages only during the night for the first couple of days. I was not really put out by it that much because I know all new games have these problems if they are online. This game has online components like the auction house which are invaluable to helping me level and perfect my character ready for the next difficulty level (currently I'm working on my character to get into Hell). I can see myself playing many many hours as a Barbarian, really powerful when you know how to play it correctly. I learned many tricks from the class forums Blizzard has created and I also Youtube'd higher difficulty rating players and how they take on bosses and mobs with their builds. It is quite the step up in difficulty from normal to nightmare if you have no clue what you are doing but if you are willing to learn and don't expect mob kills to be handed to you on a plate it becomes real easy. Expand
  57. May 20, 2012
    A thoroughly good game. Il quickly address the main issues that people seem to be getting annoyed at. Firstly; Connection issues. Its been a little more than a decade since the last Diablo game. How on earth can anyone expect the servers to remain stable with the disgusting amount of people logging on to play. These issues will resolve themselves (And don't give me that nonsense aboutA thoroughly good game. Il quickly address the main issues that people seem to be getting annoyed at. Firstly; Connection issues. Its been a little more than a decade since the last Diablo game. How on earth can anyone expect the servers to remain stable with the disgusting amount of people logging on to play. These issues will resolve themselves (And don't give me that nonsense about expecting a game to work immediately). Secondly, character customization. What the hell were you expecting to look at from a top down game!? Who cares about customization when you CAN'T see what you've potentially customized. I would go on to talk about some other issues but its pretty much just children who are butthurt from not getting to play within an hour of getting Diablo 3 and other tiny issues that didn't appease their niche wants and needs.

Now, to review the game.

Graphics: I wasn't expecting everything to be made of Diamonds and for my eyes to get a massage by beautiful Asian masseuses so I was not disappointed on any fronts. In fact. The Graphics are pretty damn hot. No complaints

Story: What do you expect from a fantasy dungeon-crawling loot game. Fun and compelling story with some kick arse cut-scenes (A particular favorite is at the beginning of Act 2 where to Angels "discuss" their differences)

Gameplay: I was never attracted to this style of game, thus I never played Diablo 1 or 2. I got this game because of the hype and this being the first top down RPG I've played, it certainly has not disappointed me and is a great incentive to try other top down RPGs. The combat is dynamic and smooth with some very nice effects from spells. Lots of spells and abilities that can be utilized by the different classes, ranging from hacking demons to bits with axes to blasting them back to oblivion in particle form using huge orange beams of death from the Wizard. Lots of other abilities to explore from the other classes. I hear Demon Hunters can use duel wielding, rapid fire crossbows (Not sure how that works but oh well) to rain death down upon your foes. I've yet to try about the voodoo abilities available as well as the super-fast Monk class.

Sounds: Not much to talk about here. As always, Blizzard does not hold back. lovely original orchestral soundtrack. Really adds to the atmosphere during cut-scenes.

Lasting appeal: I haven't finished the campaign yet but Im expecting to play through it 4 more times with the different classes. Great replay value as far as I can tell and is a game that will stick with you for a long time.

Closing Comments (Stealing from IGN):

A very well built game with no major design flaws or game-killing bugs. Some lovely graphics and gameplay coupled with an intense story and characters leads to a game that has thoroughly destroyed any chance of me passing my A levels
  58. May 20, 2012
    All those negative reviews are all about "no sp, can't login." They only had probelms with the login server on the release date. The game is really beautiful, the cutscenes are awesome (Blizzard has always done awesome cutscenes). IMO The graphics are fine and the gameplay has been improved. There is nothing else to say but "BUY IT".
  59. May 20, 2012
    Hatch of the year! You must have an internet connection to play single player! When starting, still need to enter a password, and when you lose connection with server it crashes and you have to pass boards from the beginning. At the moment from 4 hours is technical breakl - you can not play the game!
  60. May 20, 2012
    Entitlement issues strike again. D3 is a really great game and as a non-fan of ARPG's I actually love this game. Decided to buy it to see what all the hype was about and wow is it fun. Fast, frantic, with a good story and lots of lore all over. It's a game that everyone should try and doesn't even take much to run. This whole fuss with bombarding another game with 0's is due to the factEntitlement issues strike again. D3 is a really great game and as a non-fan of ARPG's I actually love this game. Decided to buy it to see what all the hype was about and wow is it fun. Fast, frantic, with a good story and lots of lore all over. It's a game that everyone should try and doesn't even take much to run. This whole fuss with bombarding another game with 0's is due to the fact that it requires you to be online to play. I've heard stories of the old Diablo games being infested with hackers and if this prevents that I'm okay with it. The game has been up and running just fine. Also, maybe if people didn't pirate games at the ridiculous amount that they do something like this wouldn't happen. Expand
  61. May 20, 2012
    It's a fantastic game with great gameplay. The graphics are perfectly fine - there are in fact lower textures, but this allows the game to run on lower end equipment (which is great), and you are never really looking at small details in D3 anyway. The gameplay is outrageously addicting - and the new character customization is tremendous amount of fun. Compared to D2, D3 is substantiallyIt's a fantastic game with great gameplay. The graphics are perfectly fine - there are in fact lower textures, but this allows the game to run on lower end equipment (which is great), and you are never really looking at small details in D3 anyway. The gameplay is outrageously addicting - and the new character customization is tremendous amount of fun. Compared to D2, D3 is substantially better in every aspect. Expand
  62. May 20, 2012
    This game is definitely what I had expected a Diablo sequel should be. I love the character abilities (playing mostly monk atm) and I love just how the overall game plays. I for one am happy for the removal of stamina, skill trees, and shared loot. It has made the game a much more enjoyable experience with out the grief or hassle of those systems.

The only reason why I rate this a 9 out

The only reason why I rate this a 9 out of 10 is because I encountered a couple server hiccups that caused me to not play for a few hours. Although this will become less and less in the future, it is the only thing hindering this near perfect launch.
  63. May 21, 2012
    Disregard the low User Score. People were angry with the server issues and gave the game a very low score, when really their "reviews" had nothing to do with the actual game.

So here is my honest opinion of the game: Graphics - Are great; at first I thought they looked to similar to WoW, but after really paying attention, it is awesome to see the detail on some of the enemies from

So here is my honest opinion of the game:

Graphics - Are great; at first I thought they looked to similar to WoW, but after really paying attention, it is awesome to see the detail on some of the enemies from Diablo 2 (i.e. Fallen). The levels look amazing too, down to every blood smear. THE CUT SCENES ARE AMAZING!!!! graphically speaking. Also, each item has a different look on each different class, so it is easier to "look the part."

Sound - The Sound is good. The voice acting is very good, and the MUSIC is GREAT. It really sets the tone for the game, and is new and fresh, while still being giving you that nice sense of nostalgia.

Gameplay - There are some latency issues that cause lag, but for myself (using wireless) it usually isn't too big an issue. Controls are fairly standard, and the ability to remap your powers is very handy. The physics are well done.
    The game has lots of replay-ability, especially if you love to dungeon crawl and farm for awesome loot. The leveling system at first seems gimped, but when you get into it and figure out what you're doing, it is much larger and more in depth than Diablo 2. Removing the stats from the game takes away one more thing to worry about if you aren't into micro managing, but personally I liked having the power to control my stats. You can still control your stats, but only to the extent of equipping gear with the desired stat increase.
    Follower seem able enough, and if nothing else a couple of them have decent passive skills that can help you (example: health regen). The Auction House and Crafting are currently at odds; no need to put money into crafting if you can just buy stuff in the Gold Auction house (or Real Money Auction house). However, I see the two eventually hitting a nice equilibrium, where you craft rare items and then sell them in the Auction House.
    There are random quests you can find while exploring that give you reason to check out every little nook and cranny, and they are a nice addition to the monotony of dungeon crawling.

Overall, Diablo III is everything I wished for in a new entry to the series. While it is different, it is hardly ever for the worse. It is worth every bit of its price tag, and I cannot wait to get every class leveled up to 60! If you are a die hard Diablo fan, you can't go wrong with this game (unless you are an uber-fanboy, who constantly complain about everything on the forums, and, for the majority, posted the below negative QQ reviews).

tl;dr: Best Game I've played in a while, and probably for a long time to come :)
  64. May 21, 2012
    This game is awesome, I think its stupid that some people think its garbage because they keep getting DC and the part with Tyrael not being original.... Who cares like honestly the game came out only a week ago of course your going to DC alot and it doesn't matter that the Tyrael part was original you know why because almost every game has taken something from a movie/game and there stillThis game is awesome, I think its stupid that some people think its garbage because they keep getting DC and the part with Tyrael not being original.... Who cares like honestly the game came out only a week ago of course your going to DC alot and it doesn't matter that the Tyrael part was original you know why because almost every game has taken something from a movie/game and there still awesome. I think this game deserves a 9 because not only is the story good IMO I think the story has great replay value and the multiplayer is awesome when you play with friends, and the difficulties are cool like hardcore mode... Blizzard doesn't deserve the 2300 negative user scores because so called "haters" didn't like how they did things with this game... well here's an idea don't play the game then like seriously if all you have is hate to give then keep your mouth shut! And this complaining about the graphics WAAAHH graphics don't make a great game plus the people saying the story sucks like wtf? Its a good story and im pretty sure blizz is making expansion packs for the future to come. They did this to mass effect 3 now Diablo... NO! Just what im saying is, if you don't like it don't play it and don't leave your **** comments for people who do like it Expand
  65. May 22, 2012
    Diablo III was fantastic, it's provided me the most fun I've had in the last year playing a PC game, that's counting Skyrim, ME3 and all the other good games that have come out in the past year. It has fantastic graphics, sound and gameplay, and even though as a longtime Diablo player, I would have liked to see the skill system remain the same way, they changed it and it's completelyDiablo III was fantastic, it's provided me the most fun I've had in the last year playing a PC game, that's counting Skyrim, ME3 and all the other good games that have come out in the past year. It has fantastic graphics, sound and gameplay, and even though as a longtime Diablo player, I would have liked to see the skill system remain the same way, they changed it and it's completely understandable. If leveling up and grinding through Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno searching for gear is what you want to do, Diablo is the perfect place to do it. Excited for an expansion to continue the story and add more content, but what we've got right now is pretty darn awesome too. Expand
  66. May 26, 2012
    I am rating this game 10 despite of its significant short-comings because it is honestly the most fun I've had playing a game since... ever. (Actually single player gets 8.5, multiplier gets 11.5)

1. Gameplay: Way better than Diablo II. Streamlined stats + skill system = WIN! You actually get to try out every combinations of skills without dumping time in re-rolling characters! You get variety! Diablo II require you to search web forum for optimal cookie cutter builds; Diablo III require you to play every skills to try them out because you can't resist.

2. Graphic: Looks great. Not sure why people are complaining. Initially I wanted the WoW style over-shoulder view... I stopped complaining after about 3 hours because I there's just too many mobs for that kind of view to work. As a bonus point, this game run smooth on my 2011 MBP with intel3000hd! 3. Story: Yes it's a very low-IQ story... but the whole point is the action so I don't mind. 4. Multiplay: AMAZING. Do this. After your first single run to hear the story, don't ever play single! PS. Buy it now. Worth the $60.
  67. May 31, 2012
    After 12 years, years of beta testing and I cant play the game without several hours of error messages each day. This was not what I anticipated after this long wait.
  68. Jun 2, 2012
    I have a total of 162 hours in Diablo 3 as of writing this, along with many hours played in D1 and D2, and I can officially say I am addicted to D3.

So far I've been having a blast. I knew from being in the beta that I wanted to play a barbarian, as I thought it was the most fun and satisfying class. I smashed and wreaked havoc all the way to the highest difficulty, Inferno, which is where the game really began for me. Inferno is definitely not for those with little patience or lacking in gear. It is a huge jump from Hell difficulty and is quite challenging, but I'm loving it non-the-less.

As for my wizard, I've been playing with friends. Playing with others is a very different experience than playing solo. Unlike the previous games, everybody gets their own drops which is a huge improvement from "every man for himself." It's also nice to have friends that will share or trade drops they've gotten with you that they can't use. The difficulty and exp per person added also goes up, which makes playing with friends all that more rewarding.

As for the remaining 3 classes, they're very fun and unique in playstyle, but the Barb is for me! =]

So that's been my experience with gameplay and classes. Now for some random things:
    - The cutscenes at the beginning of new acts are jaw-dropping. Blizzard has always done such an amazing job with cinematics in their games and D3 is no different.
    - I actually enjoy the graphics. At first, I didn't really like the art style they chose to go with. It looked blurry, even on a high end computer. After getting passed the first boss and into new areas that weren't in the beta, I learned to appreciate the style they went with and started noticing all the tiny details they put into this game and often find myself saying, "Wow, that's beautiful." If you look closely, you'll even see the old scrolls for town portal and identifying. I highly recommend watching "The Art of Diablo" at the GDC Vault to get a better understanding.
    - There's a lot of nostalgia to be found in D3. At first, again, it didn't quite feel like a Diablo game to me but as I progressed further into the game I started to feel it. I won't spoil any, but they've added plenty references to both D1 and D2.
    - Blizzard listens to their customers and rolls out patches accordingly. In their upcoming patches, they're including fixes/changes that have been big concerns within the community, along with Quality of Life improvements and features that weren't there at launch. To see them act so quickly is reassuring that they'll be improving upon this game even more.
    - The communication between the Community Managers on the forums is so great to have. I got real used to the feeling that the relationship between the Developers and the community was on such a personal level when I played City of Heroes. To see the CM team constantly on the forums, answering questions, and updating us on incoming patches is refreshing.

Alright, I won't leave this review without addressing at least SOME drawbacks:
    - The auction house is very iffy. In a way, it almost feels like this game is more about grinding for gold to spend on good items than grinding for epic loot. I've been trying to avoid buying items off the auction house and instead go by my own drops, but sometimes Inferno can just be too difficult and after a long period of getting nothing good I look to the auction house. So, it has it's benefits, but I'm just not quite sure how to feel about it at this point.
    - Connectivity. It's important to know that this is an always-on multiplayer game with a single player option, not the other way around. With that said, servers do have to come down from time to time to patch in fixes or features or to maintain the servers. Besides the first few hours of launch, I have not had a SINGLE issue connecting to the servers (not including patches and maintenance.) I sometimes get high latency which results in awful lag. This could be on my end (I live with two other gamers) but it is a widely reported issue by others as well.
    - Hacking. Blizzard games have always been a huge target for hackers, simply because they're so popular and there's plenty of easy money to be made. Hacking is especially prominent during a new release of a game or expansion. With that said, I highly highly highly recommend buying an authenticator or using the free mobile phone app if you care about your stuff. As someone who got hacked in WoW 2 years ago, I can vouch for Blizzard having amazing customer service and got my items restored quickly. They've always been outstanding whenever I've needed help from them.

Honestly, I just don't have anything bad to say. I know the game isn't perfect, but I also understand they'll be working on this game for many years to come and I look forward to seeing all the improvements and features that they will add in the future.
  69. Jun 5, 2012
    Game was fantastic, multi-player and single-player alike. I enjoy doing co-op with my friends on the hard difficulties like Inferno and Hell. However the game does have some balance issues and is a bit slow to start up. Farming the higher difficulties doesn't feel like a chore like D2 did (especially if you are with friends). The classes are all really unique and the cut scenes lookGame was fantastic, multi-player and single-player alike. I enjoy doing co-op with my friends on the hard difficulties like Inferno and Hell. However the game does have some balance issues and is a bit slow to start up. Farming the higher difficulties doesn't feel like a chore like D2 did (especially if you are with friends). The classes are all really unique and the cut scenes look absolutely fantastic. Story wasn't anything fantastic however the game-play is absolutely amazing. Expand
  70. Jul 29, 2012
    I played this game for a month solid, I got my money's worth. I plan to play it again when they fix witch doctor pets to be viable in inferno and on PVP release. This game has a future. On line support with no monthly fee is awesome.
  71. May 15, 2012
    Returning D1 and D2 player here, and I have to say that despite the really rough launch, this game has lived up to all my expectations. Me and my brother managed to play co-op for a good 4 hours last night and just finished Act 1 while still missing a few things. The boss fights are really fun, and the new skill system is fantastic. The dungeons are really immersive and I'm sure that ifReturning D1 and D2 player here, and I have to say that despite the really rough launch, this game has lived up to all my expectations. Me and my brother managed to play co-op for a good 4 hours last night and just finished Act 1 while still missing a few things. The boss fights are really fun, and the new skill system is fantastic. The dungeons are really immersive and I'm sure that if you liked the first two, you will thoroughly enjoy this one. Ignore all the bad reviews written by players that are sour because they didn't get to play. Expand
  72. May 15, 2012
    This is a highly polished game that brings everything fans of the series want to its logical next evolution. The abilities are more dynamic, your kit now holds more than 2 abilities at once, and using them no longer feels "spammy". The storyline is great, after my first playthrough, and the environments and mobs will have you smiling while intensely concentrating on how you're going toThis is a highly polished game that brings everything fans of the series want to its logical next evolution. The abilities are more dynamic, your kit now holds more than 2 abilities at once, and using them no longer feels "spammy". The storyline is great, after my first playthrough, and the environments and mobs will have you smiling while intensely concentrating on how you're going to tackle the new groups of enemies. Truly a joy to play. Expand
  73. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is an awesome game, with a great degree of customization. The people who say otherwise are used to spending permanent points in synergized skills that leave little leeway for deviation, and they like to call that somehow not cookie cutter, when 85 percent of them are going off build guides they read on the web. I LIKE NOT HAVING TO ALT TAB OUT OF THE GAME. I also like not havingDiablo 3 is an awesome game, with a great degree of customization. The people who say otherwise are used to spending permanent points in synergized skills that leave little leeway for deviation, and they like to call that somehow not cookie cutter, when 85 percent of them are going off build guides they read on the web. I LIKE NOT HAVING TO ALT TAB OUT OF THE GAME. I also like not having to worry about nerfing my character with spent skill points. There are so many possible combinations of skills and gear, I'm hopeful that there won't be a reliance on specific cookie cutter builds that there was in D2. The game runs wonderfully, with just a few launch issues, that are easy to understand considering the game's giant fanbase, old and new. I smell a bunch of butthurt DIablo 2 elitists. I couldn't log in until 2 hours after launch cause of server flooding, but after that point I had an absolute blast. 10/10 would play for the next 10 years. Expand
  74. May 15, 2012
    I rather see DRM and login problems one day than see duped items for the rest of this excellent game life time. Diablo is NOT a single player game, put that in your mind, it has ECONOMY that needs to be protected from hacks that could come from a non-DRM single player. DRM chatter aside, i finished act 1 and this is probably the best game i ever played.
  75. May 28, 2012
    Sorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clearSorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clear and simple and everything made sense, plus the world is full of books of lore. As far as people claiming there is no single player, I have no idea what you're talking about. "Always-online" does not mean "no single player." I soloed the vast majority of the game through Normal difficulty. Also, the connection error problem is already completely irrelevant. The sound is excellent. The music is excellent. The gameplay is clean, simple, and fun. There is plenty of diversity in skills with the rune system. I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fun, well-polished game that, despite launch day issues, met my every expectation. Don't let dumb whiny kids fool you. If you want this game, get it. Expand
  76. May 15, 2012
    I dont understand the almost 1000 negative USER reviews of Diablo 3. Actually, I think I do, its mostly reviews made by World of Warcraft players/Blizzard haters that complain about how not like WoW Diablo 3 is. Diablo 3 is not an mmo.
    Another usual complain amongst these negative reviews is that there is no offline mode and honestly I dont see the problem, its just a way to prevent piracy and besides, Diablo's amazing longevity can only be achieved by playing online. On single player you would probably complete the game on Normal and never touch it again. If you play online you can pvp, play with other people and sell items you find on the auction house. I understand that the current crashes and login problems are annoying but you must understand there are millions of people trying to play this game right now and no servers in this world can keep it smooth at the moment, but give it a couple of weeks and there will be no problem at all.
    Diablo 3 is an amazing game and it is better than Diablo 2 and thats an amazing feat. The gameplay is amazing, the graphics are fantastic and its simple to play and hard to master. Highly recommended for all Diablo fans.
  77. May 15, 2012
    The perfect game to play with friends that is visually pleasing. In addition, all the people passing bad reviews are just upset they can't play at the moment. For those that say they beat the story in 3 hours and it's not fun, try beating the game of inferno. Thanks.
  78. May 20, 2012
    TLDR: Great game, some release issues. Most polished, deep and captivating aRPG ever released. Will be hard for PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 or others to match this one. Not revolutionary in much, but everything it does have works and works EXTREMELY well.

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more: Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more:

Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before I get into Nightmare mode! This is an incredibly fun and addictive aRPG. A lot of depth that will not even become available to you until you are 20+ hrs into the game. I've only played it for 8 hrs but that was enough to get a feel for the barbarian class. If you like these kinds of games then this is more of the same with an added dash of love and awesomeness. The challenge does ramp up and yes it's a clickfest and gear stat driven game, but it works and the story is good enough to pull you along. Voice acting is spot on. Music is incredible. The amount of variation in level design and enemy design is VERY VERY good for how rich and detailed the game world is. especially compared to other aRPGs. I am knocking off 1 point for the painful release servers and another point for the annoying always-online DRM, but would quickly add back 1 point if the latency I was getting wasn't > 200 ms with some noticeable server stutter at times (this is more likely due to me being in Australia and having to play on 'the Americas' servers... than anything wrong with the netcode which seems fine. I actually hardly notice the latency except maybe once or twice an hour).

Auction house is very easy to use, has good search functionality and I was able to sell equipment and buy stuff that I wanted easily. Very fluid system. No issues. I think this adds great replayability and what not to the game. Also the ability to created socketed items and move the gems around is really nice as I'm no longer worried about breaking gems and losing things that took forever to earn. Also this is really good for creating alts as you'll be able to start them with a set of full socketed gear to give them a huge DPS advantage in the early levels and get through it quick.

Achievements are not normally my thing, but in a game like this they feel akin to the achievements in TF2, where you've always got something random to work towards and it's just another fun diversion during the chaos of battle.

Dungeon design - I am IN LOVE with the dungeon design. The worst dungeon design i have seen in my life was Dragon Age 2. Bioware, play this game, they have randomly generated dungeons with repeated art assets and I'm YET to feel like I'm in the same dungeon ever. Nailed it Blizzard! Halls of Agony were EXCELLENT.

Multiplayer - easy enough to get into, found my friends nicely. Works. No issues.

9/10.
  79. May 15, 2012
    I am having a blast playing. Great sequel to and representation of of Diablo 2. Yes, a lot of WoW influences can be felt, but they are just fine. Could use better art, but the game will run on a laptop, so all good. Server issues at launch? Yes, annoying, but going to be fixed. Upset that you can't play offline? Then you don't understand why they did it. Online only keeps cheatersI am having a blast playing. Great sequel to and representation of of Diablo 2. Yes, a lot of WoW influences can be felt, but they are just fine. Could use better art, but the game will run on a laptop, so all good. Server issues at launch? Yes, annoying, but going to be fixed. Upset that you can't play offline? Then you don't understand why they did it. Online only keeps cheaters out, pirates at bay, and helps prevent botting. Expand
  80. May 15, 2012
    Worth the wait, everything I wanted it to be, amazing, addictive, action packed, and I could say many more things. Diablo III is simply fantastic. Don't believe all these low scores. They are just people pissed at the issues with the servers. Give the game 24 more hours and the game will be fine. Yes, no offline mode sucks, but I don't really care. I always played DII with players andWorth the wait, everything I wanted it to be, amazing, addictive, action packed, and I could say many more things. Diablo III is simply fantastic. Don't believe all these low scores. They are just people pissed at the issues with the servers. Give the game 24 more hours and the game will be fine. Yes, no offline mode sucks, but I don't really care. I always played DII with players and almost never did the singleplayer. GET THIS GAME! It is easily the best game of this generation and I can easily see myself pouring way over 1,000 hours into this game. Expand
  81. May 15, 2012
    After the hour or so of launch day server issues everything works flawlessly. Great gameplay, story, art direction, and voice acting. 10/10 would buy again.
  82. May 15, 2012
    Great game. Launch has nothing to do with the actual enjoyment factor of this game, please ignore cry babies. Cut-scenes are great, story is entertaining, game play is solid, music is great, atmosphere is immersive. Playing with friends is extra enjoyable. Extremely pleased with how well the launch went considering how many people are actually trying to play. Got in and stayed on withGreat game. Launch has nothing to do with the actual enjoyment factor of this game, please ignore cry babies. Cut-scenes are great, story is entertaining, game play is solid, music is great, atmosphere is immersive. Playing with friends is extra enjoyable. Extremely pleased with how well the launch went considering how many people are actually trying to play. Got in and stayed on with 4 friends for 7 hours with 0 problems. Haters gonna hate. Expand
  83. May 15, 2012
    Disregarding all the 0 reviews (which just about all are raging about nothing), I've had no problems playing aside from 1 bug (which they can fix much quicker than constantly putting out patches). It is just as addicting as diablo 2 was, if not more. The graphics still give me the same diablo feeling 1 and 2 did. The sound I suppose could use a bit better work, but it's not like itDisregarding all the 0 reviews (which just about all are raging about nothing), I've had no problems playing aside from 1 bug (which they can fix much quicker than constantly putting out patches). It is just as addicting as diablo 2 was, if not more. The graphics still give me the same diablo feeling 1 and 2 did. The sound I suppose could use a bit better work, but it's not like it downgraded since diablo 2. The constant internet connection could be a drag for some, but it's not that bad of a requirement.

Some of the things being complained about are just silly. Why do you need character customization when they wear armor that covers their body and, at times, their face? Why is there a need for stat points when everyone would do the same thing anyways like in diablo 2? Why are you complaining about an auction house if it had no negative effects on you personally (meaning don't use it)?
  84. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it andThis game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it and play the game without complaining, you might actually enjoy it. Expand
  85. May 17, 2012
    Pretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had aPretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had a bad launch, and if you're a gamer.. you already knew this would happen. The only reason I think a game should be rated 3 and below is if it has a massive amount of bugs that never got patched, along with being an overall terrible game. Expand
  86. May 18, 2012
    All the bashing of this game that's been going on here is totally unfounded. Network issues aside - I've had a few, but none too terrible - Diablo 3 is everything I've expected and more. Yes, the skill system is radically simplified, but people neglect to mention that what this means is a whole new level of customization: you can completely change up your character on the fly to dealAll the bashing of this game that's been going on here is totally unfounded. Network issues aside - I've had a few, but none too terrible - Diablo 3 is everything I've expected and more. Yes, the skill system is radically simplified, but people neglect to mention that what this means is a whole new level of customization: you can completely change up your character on the fly to deal with different situations. (By the way, I was a huge Diablo 2 and original Diablo nerd, so it's not like I don't appreciate the roots of this game or whatever) The combat is absolutely insane, with hordes of enemies on screen, and never once did it feel like anything but a Diablo game. As to the issue of the always-on DRM, whatever. It's an imperfect solution, but would you rather Blizzard just let everyone pirate their awesome game? Stop being children: piracy is stealing, people, and Blizzard is just trying to make money like every other company in existence. If they didn't take measures like this, then soon enough, there would be more viable entertainment options except for board games. In conclusion, buy this game, and stop raging about the DRM, you spoiled American babies. Expand
  87. May 19, 2012
    I am not a fanboy, but i seriously can't understand people, that rate the game ridiculously low cause of zero-hour technical issues. DRM is a present reality, face it, or let it be. And really, Diablo is not the first game having such issues. It only came with such great and yet unrealistic expectations, that people would excoriate it cause of the slightest flaw. It runs well for me and itI am not a fanboy, but i seriously can't understand people, that rate the game ridiculously low cause of zero-hour technical issues. DRM is a present reality, face it, or let it be. And really, Diablo is not the first game having such issues. It only came with such great and yet unrealistic expectations, that people would excoriate it cause of the slightest flaw. It runs well for me and it sure as hell will run on my system for as much hours as D2 did. Why? Cause regarding the pure quality of the game and its content - and that should be all that counts - it is all a diablo fan could ever expect. And maybe even a bit more. Well done Blizzard. Expand
  88. May 19, 2012
    Read this entire review, please. You won't understand if you don't.

Read this entire review, please. You won't understand if you don't.

As a longtime player of every non-WoW Blizzard game, as a honorable person, and as what I hope comes across as on honest gamer and game culture enthusiast, I have to say I am ashamed to call myself a player of Diablo III, based solely upon the complete unfairness and laughable immaturity of my fellow 'gamers'. I will admit freely that I have not completed the game. In fact, the meat of the game stretches before me like a long path filled with candy, hookers, and lots and lots of squishy undead and demons. But I can tell that this game... this wonderful epitome of what it means to be a dungeon-crawler with a solid story backing... will be enjoyable in its entirety. I cannot give this game a perfect ten until I get to the point where I have beaten the game. Now, as shown in the other user scores, the community is quite upset about the use of DRM and a server that is not on your PC to run every instance of this game. To explain this, here is an excellent quote from a good friend of mine:

"DRM sucks. Having to be connected to a server to play alone sucks. And thousands of people are complaining about that today... yet most of them don't understand why Blizzard doesn't offer offline play. They say it's to prevent piracy, when it's not.
    Blizzard has to run servers for at least 10 years to support this game, as they know from their past franchises, for the (very popular) multiplayer component. It shouldn't be surprising they looked for a way to get some recurring revenue from the game so that the ongoing costs are covered by the people still playing it. Their solution was the real-money auction house.
    To run a real-money auction house, they have to absolutely eliminate hacking and duping, or rare items won't be rare and there will be no incentive to create a robust market which Blizzard can earn money from. The only sure way to eliminate hacking and duping is to run D3 like an MMO... put everything on a server you don't control. You can hack your client all day long, but since your characters, the world, mob spawns and deaths, experience and loot are all generated and stored on the server, you can't cheat and create items.
    There is no single player game. They never programmed one. To offer one at this point would be as much design and programming effort as creating Diablo 4. So don't expect there to ever be an offline patch for D3. When you play single player, you're just playing a multiplayer server instance that happens to only have one player in it."

Now, my only PC is a crappy laptop (a 'craptop', if you will), and as such I need to play the game on the absolute lowest graphical settings, and even then the game has crashed my PC once already. But you know what? This game still looks amazing when the graphics are just slightly above those of Diablo II. The cutscenes are as good as the stuff James Cameron puts out. The music is so similar to that of the original that I almost cried when I heard it. The story is excellent, on par with any and all of Blizzard's previous offerings. And, really, stop complaining that you're always online. You're a PC gamer in 2012. The internet is our reality. If you don't like it, fine. But at some point we have to realize that there are just some things we need to give up if we are to continue moving forwards as a gaming culture. In conclusion, I know that most people will hate on me for supporting this game. That's fine. That's part of expressing my opinion. But I cannot sit by and watch a stellar game get lambasted by bad reviews because of their attempt to cover their operating costs in a creative way. The could've charged a monthly fee for this game, I hope you all realize that.
  89. May 20, 2012
    Totally disagree with most user reviews. Diablo III is GOTY and much better than Diablo 2. Only I expect that the PVP arenas and the auction houses be ready soon.
  90. May 20, 2012
    Blizzard serves up another winner with this fantastic online experience. Yes online, as the product was never once advertised as an offline single player experience. Confused or uninformed reviewers seem to over look this fact. May be it's nostalgia or misguided expectations, but don't let these reviewers make you over look what is most likely this years best PC game. Yes, the servers wereBlizzard serves up another winner with this fantastic online experience. Yes online, as the product was never once advertised as an offline single player experience. Confused or uninformed reviewers seem to over look this fact. May be it's nostalgia or misguided expectations, but don't let these reviewers make you over look what is most likely this years best PC game. Yes, the servers were a little unstable for the first few hours, but now the servers are fine and the game is very playable and extremely fun. Diablo III is a perfect balance of simplicity and complication. Its easy enough for a casual player to get on and really enjoy the game while also customizable enough for skilled players to min/max and experiment for the best results with interesting choices. With the new inferno difficulty level those skilled players will be put to the test like never before. The atmosphere and story of the game is well done and Blizzard has done a very good job supplementing the game with many pieces of information and dialogues that get new players up to speed in this epic trilogy's tale. Once again, don't believe most these bad reviewers as more than likely many of them are playing right now and are for some silly reason allowing their uniformed minor disappointment to discourage other people from playing this gem of a game. Expand
  91. May 20, 2012
    Si bien en el comienzo existieron muchos problemas para conectarse, hoy en día se encuentra muy estable y no se me ha presentado ningún tipo de problema al a hora de jugar. Dejando de lado esta parte, el juego es muy bueno, te dan ganas de explorar cada uno de los rincones, como también de probar otras clases las cuales son muy diferentes entre si, laSi bien en el comienzo existieron muchos problemas para conectarse, hoy en día se encuentra muy estable y no se me ha presentado ningún tipo de problema al a hora de jugar. Dejando de lado esta parte, el juego es muy bueno, te dan ganas de explorar cada uno de los rincones, como también de probar otras clases las cuales son muy diferentes entre si, la casa de subasta me parece un punto muy acertado. Lo único que no me gusta es que sea siempre Online, pero la culpa la tienen los mismos usuarios, que muchas veces prefieren piratear, por eso mismo es que se ha perdido el modo LAN que venia en todos los juegos de blizzard y ahora hasta estamos perdiendo el modo offline.
    Por ultimo no se merece la notas que están dando los usuarios, le coloco un 10 solo por que encuentro que han sido injustas, en verdad a este juego le doy un 9.
  92. May 21, 2012
    Awesome game. Another great sequel in the Diablo series. Looking forward to the real money auction house. Can't wait to play with my friends, highly recommended!
  93. May 21, 2012
    The characters are diverse, the settings stunning, and the gameplay if involved without being overwhelming (most of the time). The are style is absolutely stunning. I love being able to jump into a game with my wife or friends. In short - it is a lot of fun. I'm going to be spending many years with this game!
  94. May 21, 2012
    Thank you for many years has been worth bekledgınıze sticks his palm perfectly yalasınlar bilizzard the lowest score in those consoles Happy varsın I think they are mainly
  95. May 25, 2012
    The game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, butThe game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, but now that it's set, there is no other game I'm more stoked on. Expand
  96. Jul 28, 2014
    Blizzard, as it was in the past, is probably the best developer in understanding the market trend and taste of players all around the world. Diablo 2 is the master piece in its era, and I would say, Diablo 3 is the master piece of ARPG nowadays.

Some will complain about the simplified mechanics in this game. Let's just look at the success of Skyrim, it rocks because it dumps the over-complicated RPG elements, so that fans of Call of Duty and other action gamers can join the community without frustration, so the game becomes a fantastic game highly praised by everyone.

The same logic applies here. In fact, Blizzard has a much better vision here. I will help everyone here to see it. With the booming of mobile phone or tablet gaming markets, there are strong requests from the causal gamers to have a pay-to-win model.

By introducing pay-to-win model, the profit of developers rises so they have more resources dedicated to make a perfect game. This is why Diablo 3 is perfect when comapred to Diablo 2. And the pay-to-win models finally give causal players the competitive edge to work against the hardcore gamers, achieving the balance of power among players. This explains the prosperity of Diablo 3 community, in which it probably will grow even faster in the future 10 years.

Unfortunately, many players here can not see the future foreseen by Blizzard. Blizzard is indeed trying hard to advance the gaming atmosphere to a new era with everyone will soon realize and enjoy in future.
  97. Apr 1, 2013
    Blizzard's really doing a great job in the game, as well as improving it.
    My friends and I still play this game on a very regular basis, and we'll say it's pretty awesome.
    Kudos to Blizzard.
  98. Apr 1, 2014
    I'm confused by the bad reviews. I mean, I understand why people hated on it BEFORE the fixes, but now? There's no justifiable reason to it. It's fun, addicting, has a favorable graphic style and interesting lore. Oh, and the loot is magnificent. This will get down-voted most likely, but just know that with every dislike this gets, it's just an ignorant hater's jimmies being rustled. GreatI'm confused by the bad reviews. I mean, I understand why people hated on it BEFORE the fixes, but now? There's no justifiable reason to it. It's fun, addicting, has a favorable graphic style and interesting lore. Oh, and the loot is magnificent. This will get down-voted most likely, but just know that with every dislike this gets, it's just an ignorant hater's jimmies being rustled. Great game, don't listen to the haters! Expand
  99. May 15, 2012
    TL:DR- 1. Fact- Huge customization with over 108 possible skills with runes, dyes for armor, male and female characters, items change appearances much more than previous games, items glow with a color based on attributes of the item. you can create and customize your own banner, 2. easy to play with your friends just press join game, no more town portal scroll or identity scrolls justTL:DR- 1. Fact- Huge customization with over 108 possible skills with runes, dyes for armor, male and female characters, items change appearances much more than previous games, items glow with a color based on attributes of the item. you can create and customize your own banner, 2. easy to play with your friends just press join game, no more town portal scroll or identity scrolls just press t to go back to town and right click to id items, also you dont need to wait for a town portal just click the teammates banner to go right into the action.
    3. Gold actually now has value (unlike diablo 2) and you can craft rare items similar to how charsi could imbue!!
    4. You actually need to think! Monsters can create walls to block your path, can freeze you solid, push, pull, knockback, make you character feared, slowed, poisoned, thrown into the air. enemies are extremely varied and you must use all your abilities to survive.

This game is great. I'm not sure why there are so many 0's on here. I think that the new skill customization is great, People are saying the skill system has no customization are dead wrong and have only played to levels 10 or so. You unlock skills as you level and you unlock runes which change the skill. All together i think there are over 108 different skills with runes attached Which easily exceeds diablo 2 customization. Lets be honest for a moment. in diablo 2 (an amazing game) there were 2 or 3 actual builds for a class that were viable for hardcore players. You had to put points into synergies or your character would suck. This new skill system allows for great customization and the ability to adapt to situations. Every character has their own voice and voice acting is everywhere which really draws you into the game. There are great cut scenes with awesome action. Everything in diablo 3 is added because the cummunity tried to add it themselves into diablo 2. There WAS an auction house with real money, it was a third pary company that made bots that would play the game and farm all day and find items to sel to peoplel. Would you rather the makers of diablo 3 add that back in,? An option for bots and farming? I dont think so. Instead they created an entire interface for it and for YOU to make money if you want to. You dont like the auction house and think its dumb? you dont need to use it. The auction house is there if you want to use it and nothing more. The new interface makes creating and joining games with your friends so easy.
  100. May 15, 2012
    I love this game. It leads me back to the Second edition I played as a kid. The graphics are pretty, enemies are challenging, and the class mechanics innovative.
  101. May 17, 2012
    Aside from the terrible launch event followed by the servers going down on day one... the game is perfect!. The graphics although not modern are really well done, blood everywhere, monsters with great animations and dead effects, the particle system shines all over the place. The sound is impressively well done, it's hard to find games that sound good on any speakers setup... but this gameAside from the terrible launch event followed by the servers going down on day one... the game is perfect!. The graphics although not modern are really well done, blood everywhere, monsters with great animations and dead effects, the particle system shines all over the place. The sound is impressively well done, it's hard to find games that sound good on any speakers setup... but this game really rocks on that department, I had never played a game with so good sound effects. The gameplay starts a little slow, it gets better once you start to aquire better weapons and abilities and runes which improve your abilities in amazing ways. The story is also fascinating and long enough to enjoy the game every second, you shouldn't storm this game to finish it fast... the best experience is when you listen to all the characters tell their gossips to you, sometimes it's hilarious and some times you'll get shocked.

Honestly this is one of the best games ever!!!... Keep the good work Blizzard (and I hoped you learned from the mistakes done on day one)

1. Aug 31, 2012