3.9

1. May 25, 2012
    The game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, but now that it's set, there is no other game I'm more stoked on. Expand
  2. May 26, 2012
    Love this game. Loved the first 2 as well. This is a great evolution of the series. If you haven't made it late into the harder difficulties, you aren't really getting out of this game what was intended.
  3. May 26, 2012
    I am rating this game 10 despite of its significant short-comings because it is honestly the most fun I've had playing a game since... ever. (Actually single player gets 8.5, multiplier gets 11.5)

1. Gameplay: Way better than Diablo II. Streamlined stats + skill system = WIN! You actually get to try out every combinations of skills without dumping time in re-rolling characters! You get
    variety! Diablo II require you to search web forum for optimal cookie cutter builds; Diablo III require you to play every skills to try them out because you can't resist.

2. Graphic: Looks great. Not sure why people are complaining. Initially I wanted the WoW style over-shoulder view... I stopped complaining after about 3 hours because I there's just too many mobs for that kind of view to work. As a bonus point, this game run smooth on my 2011 MBP with intel3000hd! 3. Story: Yes it's a very low-IQ story... but the whole point is the action so I don't mind. 4. Multiplay: AMAZING. Do this. After your first single run to hear the story, don't ever play single! PS. Buy it now. Worth the $60.
  4. May 26, 2012
    Diablo III is a great game. It's a destroy and loot game, and it does both extremely well. It looks, sounds and plays fantastic. The art, sound and level design are top notch, it is highly polished and is more than I expected (mainly because I didn't waste time following the development over the last 5 years.) As far as technical issues people are having, the recommended system requirements are for a now 5 year old computer, and a high speed internet connection. World of Warcraft has required an internet connection since 2004, and if your computer isn't good enough to play it, that's not really Blizzard's fault. I do a LOT of sympathy for people who simply can't get good enough internet service to play, but again, not Blizzard's fault, and if you were just looking to get a pirated copy, well, this game is actually worth the money, where so many others are not. Positive review (9 out of 10), have fun, and good luck! Expand
  5. May 27, 2012
    Played both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to mature and is looking really good. I'm on my Hell playthrough now and really it is starting to get interesting. No good game that I remember had a great start, give it some time it will iron itself out. Time will tell the story of Diablo 3, and in hindsight is the only way to rate it. 10/10 Expand
  6. May 27, 2012
    before you reading an user review, see when it was posted. the most bad reviews are made on 15 may, when the game came out and "nobody" could play it because the servers capacity was not enough.

now my oppinion about d3: it makes fun to play, to get better items, to play with other people. the story is good for a hack n slay game. the new classes are interesting. the difficulty hell and
    beyond forces you to have good equipment and techniques.

but iam not sure about the online single player without an offline mode. not good in my eyes.
  7. May 27, 2012
    Low user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics r updated and beautiful and has more potential to grow more. people low rating this game because of all the wrong reasons. "Chickity-check yo selfs before you wreck yo selfs" Expand
  8. May 28, 2012
    Games like Diablo are problematic. You have the previous title that broke all the rules, gave hundreds of hours of fun, and included many, many features that the gamers really loved. And then, after many years of wating, comes the new brother. You are excited! Overwhelmed! You expect NOTHING less than perfection! And BAM! You realize that this is "not" diablo, because it doesn't have all those "perfections" you want. This is, ladies and gentelman, the opinion of 95% of the bad reviews of this game. People will ALLWAYS look at the bad side of things, in almost every new anticipated game. I've played the first and second titles of this game, and still has them and even play them from time to time. Diablo 3 compared to the previous titles is pretty equal to me. Why? Because the CORE soul of what makes diablo game a diablo game is still kicking and living! Yes, it has his downsides like DRM and temporary server issues and some bugs for dessert, but it is still diablo and it is still addictive like hell! I've played over 70 hours and got to inferno difficulty. You start from Normal difficulty, getting used to game mechanics: piece of cake. As you progress throught the difficulties and story, and gets harder and more rewarding, up until inferno which you can get killed from 2 hits. The story, character development, cinematics, and skills are amazing! i would advise to listen to every dialog and commentary that there is in the game. And at the button line: I was mad at the servers. I was mad of the DRM system. But even with all this, i saw what diablo 3 has to offer. and i smiled. And you, If you love H&S games/Rpg games/ or you a fan of diablo series, GO BUY IY. you will NOT be sorry. Expand
  9. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  10. May 31, 2012
    After 12 years, years of beta testing and I cant play the game without several hours of error messages each day. This was not what I anticipated after this long wait.
  11. Jun 1, 2012
    Almost all of hte negative reviews (mainly the ones from 0-3 score) are just idiots not being objective; they are long-time fanboys who bought into the absolutely biblical amounts of hype this game got, and because it didn't LITERALLY knock their socks off, they are writing these butthurt reviews.
    This game is actually very good, I haven't played either D1 or D2 and I did not follow any of
    the hype preceding its release, and I was not disappointed by the game. Ignore all the morons giving it a 0, 1 or 2 and judge it by the critic reviews. Expand
  12. Jun 2, 2012
    I have a total of 162 hours in Diablo 3 as of writing this, along with many hours played in D1 and D2, and I can officially say I am addicted to D3.

So far I've been having a blast. I knew from being in the beta that I wanted to play a barbarian, as I thought it was the most fun and satisfying class. I smashed and wreaked havoc all the way to the highest difficulty, Inferno, which is
    where the game really began for me. Inferno is definitely not for those with little patience or lacking in gear. It is a huge jump from Hell difficulty and is quite challenging, but I'm loving it non-the-less.

As for my wizard, I've been playing with friends. Playing with others is a very different experience than playing solo. Unlike the previous games, everybody gets their own drops which is a huge improvement from "every man for himself." It's also nice to have friends that will share or trade drops they've gotten with you that they can't use. The difficulty and exp per person added also goes up, which makes playing with friends all that more rewarding.

As for the remaining 3 classes, they're very fun and unique in playstyle, but the Barb is for me! =]

So that's been my experience with gameplay and classes. Now for some random things:
    - The cutscenes at the beginning of new acts are jaw-dropping. Blizzard has always done such an amazing job with cinematics in their games and D3 is no different.
    - I actually enjoy the graphics. At first, I didn't really like the art style they chose to go with. It looked blurry, even on a high end computer. After getting passed the first boss and into new areas that weren't in the beta, I learned to appreciate the style they went with and started noticing all the tiny details they put into this game and often find myself saying, "Wow, that's beautiful." If you look closely, you'll even see the old scrolls for town portal and identifying. I highly recommend watching "The Art of Diablo" at the GDC Vault to get a better understanding.
    - There's a lot of nostalgia to be found in D3. At first, again, it didn't quite feel like a Diablo game to me but as I progressed further into the game I started to feel it. I won't spoil any, but they've added plenty references to both D1 and D2.
    - Blizzard listens to their customers and rolls out patches accordingly. In their upcoming patches, they're including fixes/changes that have been big concerns within the community, along with Quality of Life improvements and features that weren't there at launch. To see them act so quickly is reassuring that they'll be improving upon this game even more.
    - The communication between the Community Managers on the forums is so great to have. I got real used to the feeling that the relationship between the Developers and the community was on such a personal level when I played City of Heroes. To see the CM team constantly on the forums, answering questions, and updating us on incoming patches is refreshing.

Alright, I won't leave this review without addressing at least SOME drawbacks:
    - The auction house is very iffy. In a way, it almost feels like this game is more about grinding for gold to spend on good items than grinding for epic loot. I've been trying to avoid buying items off the auction house and instead go by my own drops, but sometimes Inferno can just be too difficult and after a long period of getting nothing good I look to the auction house. So, it has it's benefits, but I'm just not quite sure how to feel about it at this point.
    - Connectivity. It's important to know that this is an always-on multiplayer game with a single player option, not the other way around. With that said, servers do have to come down from time to time to patch in fixes or features or to maintain the servers. Besides the first few hours of launch, I have not had a SINGLE issue connecting to the servers (not including patches and maintenance.) I sometimes get high latency which results in awful lag. This could be on my end (I live with two other gamers) but it is a widely reported issue by others as well.
    - Hacking. Blizzard games have always been a huge target for hackers, simply because they're so popular and there's plenty of easy money to be made. Hacking is especially prominent during a new release of a game or expansion. With that said, I highly highly highly recommend buying an authenticator or using the free mobile phone app if you care about your stuff. As someone who got hacked in WoW 2 years ago, I can vouch for Blizzard having amazing customer service and got my items restored quickly. They've always been outstanding whenever I've needed help from them.

Honestly, I just don't have anything bad to say. I know the game isn't perfect, but I also understand they'll be working on this game for many years to come and I look forward to seeing all the improvements and features that they will add in the future.
  13. Jun 2, 2012
    Great game I had a lot of fun playing with my brother and freinds, Leveling is fun and kept me up at nights got my buddies into it with the game passes and then we all played through the campain (almost done), enjoyed playing swaping cool loot with friends and trying different skills with all of our different classes
  14. Jun 4, 2012
    So, 74 "critics" give Diablo a B+ (essentially), and 5000 users give it an F. Kinda makes those critics look foolish, doesn't it? My question is, why'd it take Blizzard so many freakin' years to come out with D3? You definitely don't see the time, effort and money onscreen. In fact, the game is not noticeably better than Diablo (1). Major drawbacks from my standpoint: game is too short, too easy on normal mode, some old favorites are gone (no secret rooms, etc.) and there's not enough diversity in environments. Gotta say, I'm disappointed after so much hype and such a long wait. Expand
  15. Jun 5, 2012
    Game was fantastic, multi-player and single-player alike. I enjoy doing co-op with my friends on the hard difficulties like Inferno and Hell. However the game does have some balance issues and is a bit slow to start up. Farming the higher difficulties doesn't feel like a chore like D2 did (especially if you are with friends). The classes are all really unique and the cut scenes look absolutely fantastic. Story wasn't anything fantastic however the game-play is absolutely amazing. Expand
  16. Jun 21, 2012
    This game is actually around a 9/10 in my opinion but it's the least I can do counterweight the pointless review bombing this site experienced with all the zero score reviewers. The game overs a smooth polished action smash up, and I've thoroughly enjoyed 200+ hours now of gameplay with a group of 3 friends. Blizzard continues to produce patches which have been smoothing out the end game experience and are working to reward actually playing the game. I'm looking forward to having as many hours logged in D3 as I did in D2 and D1/Hellfire. Expand
  17. Jul 19, 2012
    After 150 hours, i can say it's an excellent game. I really don't understand people with a low score: ok the expectations were very high, and the game is not perfect..but it is a very very good game !
  18. Jul 21, 2012
    I have played for about 150 hours and while my desire to play now dwindles I got 150 hours of joy for 60 bucks. That is a darn good rate for entertainment in my mind.. I personally think much hate is overrated and while the game is not perfect to me it is fun and I want fun.
  19. Jul 29, 2012
    I played this game for a month solid, I got my money's worth. I plan to play it again when they fix witch doctor pets to be viable in inferno and on PVP release. This game has a future. On line support with no monthly fee is awesome.
  20. Aug 7, 2012
    I enjoy Diablo 3. i know it did not blow us away, but it sure is a hell of alot better than Diablo 2. This is a game i play it to have fun, unlike torchlight 1 which i play when i'm bored out of my mind. Diablo 3 had a great story to, We all know they had little to work with. So they used The lesser evils Belial, and, Azmodan.They made to be always online so that people couldn't install it on other computers Like you can with Diablo 2 Expand
  21. Aug 21, 2012
    I am hardcore D2 fan and I have to admit that D3 is ideal sequel. D2 sucks in almost every aspect that Blizzard managed to fix in D3. Broken D2 UI - fixed. Boring endgame turning into endless Hell Baal Runs - fixed. Ridiculously **** up melee combat in D2 - fixed. 85% of the skills in D2 sucks and are waste of the points - guess what, D3 managed to fix it with awesome skill system. Gold was a mock in D2 time, you may have 50kk gold which worth literally **** nothing, and now even 100k of gold worth a lot in D3. Etc, etc, every point that D2 has, was fixed, re-thinked or made from scratch in better way.
    It was definitely worth to wait 12 years for D3 release, this is superior gem in every aspect offering both excellent single and coop modes experience.
  22. Aug 26, 2012
    I will say the game wasn't great when it first came out, but since patch 1.0.4 has come out i have been playing everyday. Love the new paragon system cause you feel like your making progress regardless of if you get a new piece of gear or not as each level gives you 3% damage and 1%hp and xp doesnt take forever to gain so if you dont have alot of time say 20 minutes to play you can still gain 1 million xp in that time and you still feel like your making progress. It was something this game sorely needed and was a great choice. Its a very rewarding system imo.
    I will also say this game is in its infancy, every other diablo game was pretty bad when it first came out as well and there now critically acclaimed as some of the best arpg's ever.

I wouldnt have given this game a 10 pre patch 1.0.4 but now im having a great time and it has re-taken my life so now it is worth every bit of that 10 to me.
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    es un juegazo a toda regla, manadas de pendejos que le dan 0 a lo sumo trolls a la lata en esta pagina desafortunada mente se perdió la credibilidad a lo hora de hacer un analisis pero bueno, yo diría que este juego me ha dado horas de diversión constante es adictivo y una historia fenomenal, lastima que no innova mucho pero aun así cumple con las expectativas..
  24. Nov 2, 2012
    I don't understand all that negative comes from launch, when servers wasn't ready enough to hold all that numbers of players, and the game still doe's not ready to be finished, but Blizzard doing all what they think is right to get it done, when i start to play (almost after release tho) i had the feelings that i still play beta, but with patches games come better.

I don't know is it
    better then Diablo 2 or not, these are different games, but i 95% sure that games does not deserve that kinda of negative responses that it gets.

All that i see now, is that game get some additions and changes all over the patches, same as was with previous part of franchise. And you must to know that game have plenty of space to progress: arenas not out yet,more random events can be added to game in any time, normal items can get some use, crafting system can be improved, new cases, act, areas can be added. Only one negative thing about game is AH and RMAH, cus all game work around it, but hey it better that blizzard get some cut of real money (or gold, hehe) paid for items (if some one want to pay, and can, why not?) than some creepy illegal shops get it.

So for now game is 7 of 10 but i put 10 to get some heads up for the good developers.
  25. Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, game needs connection to Internet. Yest, DRM is frustrating. Yes, game is expensive. So what? I can't stop laughing when i read comments like: "i spend 200+ hours and i can tell that game is piece of s*it" For me, it means, that you guys have too much free time, or you just like torturing yourself by doing things you didn't like :) Haters gonna hate.
  26. Nov 28, 2012
    Not nearly as bad as people describe it, I consider this a pretty good game although I'm not much of a fan of ARPG genre. For the best gaming experience I recommend not using the auction house feature as you really don't need the stuff to progress as some people say. The only reason I'm not giving it a ten is the story which really isn't something special, but on the other hand, there are in-game books which fill out some of the lore gaps. If you like to progress and don't mind trying out something new ( not just some kind of diablo 2.5) nor playing the same content again, you should enjoy playing this game. Expand
  27. Jan 3, 2013
    Just finished the game on diff. level Inferno (i.e. I played through the game 4 times). I can only say it's a thoroughly enjoyable game, and more than worth the buying price. Is it as good as Diablo II? Hard to say, maybe there's a little less long-term motivation to play it, but it's still an excellent game. How it can currently hold a user score of 3.8 on metacritic is beyond me... people here should realize that giving scores like that basically makes the user score on this website look completely unreliable -- even if you think D2+LoD was better, there's no way that D3 is a 3.8. Expand
  28. Jan 15, 2013
    I remember when Diablo 2 had just launched. It was at first sight, like Diablo 3, a great game, but after a while, people found the small chest space, the weak items and un-challenging monsters boring. Then the expansion came and a lot of new content were added. People were really fond of these changes.

I think the same is happening in Diablo 3. It was a broken game when it launched, I
    agree on that part. But later, with the recent added features; like the 100 extra levels, the increased chance of finding better loot and the overall commitment from Blizzard to smoothen character balance. Diablo 3 has like Diablo 2 a strong foundation to develop and that is happening as we speak.

I admit that some features should have been left out of Diablo 3, like the Real-Money-Auction House, which smells a lot like a money machine to me. When dueling becomes a feature, people doesn't want to duel against crazily geared players who used tons of money from the RMAH, understandable, but I remember the "forum gold" feature in Diablo 2, where the exact same thing happened. People used it as a valuta for gold which had absolutely no value in Diablo 2. The problem began when people bought forum gold for real money to buy better gear, but I guess at that point, Diablo 2 needed something more.

Diablo 3 is a great game. I've experienced tons of randomized events and I still find myself hurling into adventure when exploring a mysterious cave or collecting special objects to open a portal to a rainbow-world, the new secret level in Diablo 3. I think a lot has yet to come for Diablo 3, and hopefully, people will see that.
  29. Jan 16, 2013
    Best game ever made. Simply the best, always so fun and fresh, with friends the best. Kill everything one shoot, dps the best. Haters es no like game because they no demon hunter 300 K dps. I spent 300 euro for gear the best and now I kill diablo 2 times in one time.

Blizzard es never fail, every game the best, I unlog from demon hunter dps and I log in mage on wow and kill panda dps
    the best. And if I bored kill the panda I login starcraft, buy ultralisk or Thor and destroy enemy every time very fast. ALWAYS. Expand
  30. Jan 25, 2013
    Best Hack & Slay & Loot I've ever played! Innovative skill systems, which let's you adept your way of playing and strategy according to current difficulty and equipment. You can have a challenge on high mp or just be godlike on low mp, just the way you want for your current game session. Polished gameplay. things, that still have to be done - more variation and customization for the equipment dyes for sets/legendary more legendary/sets.
    - more levels - there are still some bugs, which are frustrating e.g. monk dashing strike bug

Why 10 and not 9 or 8 even so not everything is perfect?!

Blizzard is constantly improving the game!
    if you played it since release (as I did) you would realize immediately, that this company is keen to satisfy the community!

I understand that some players were frustrated at the beginning because of server problems, but rating a game 0 or 1 because of that is just hilarious.

And yes the game is repetitive in terms of location and enemies If you are not willing to play the same locations over and over again, i wouldn't recommend this game for you!

You can also be sure, they will not transform d3 in d2(part2), what a lot of people here seems to want - but some people like me, are really glad they will never do...
  31. Apr 5, 2013
    A Masterpiece of Art, uplifting Mythology, sound, mystery, etc. I LOVE IT NOW PLAYING INFERNO LEVEL. Will play again and again to better understand the mythology and relationships of the STORY which many gamers don't know how to follow.
  32. Apr 15, 2013
    I will start by saying that I have been a fan of the series and just Blizzard in general for quite some time (2002). I never was able to get my hands on the first installment but played the second all the time at a friends house and was infatuated with it. Needless to say I was quite ecstatic when Diablo III was announced along with the rest the die hard fans and PC gaming community as a whole (I mean come on, it's Diablo, everybody was pumped). Now here is where I will be brief for the sake of being succinct; I do not even begin to the fathom the reason of the negativity. Diablo III is more than a solid game, it is a worthy successor to iterations past and continues Blizzard's legacy of impeccable game design. It is game designed so meticulously and with attention to detail that it warrants nothing less than praise from the sound design, to the visuals, the feel of each class, and most of all the loot system. I don't see how you can a more accessible but still fundamentally deep game that plays as well as Diablo III. Sure, one could argue the story is a little melodramatic and that the DRM thing is a little annoying (especially given the game's shaky launch) and the the auction house detracts from the end game...but here is the thing, this is Blizzard. What do I mean by that? Blizzard is a company committed to it's games and fans they will release patches, the game will get increasingly better. This not only has happened (introduction of the Hellfire Ring, Monster Power, and Paragon) but will continue to happen (PvP, Matchmaking, More End game questing). I think ultimately the community is griping because of server side issues and a system that can be completely ignored (the Auction House). Enjoy the Diablo III for what it is: a damn good and addictive hack and slash role playing game. Expand
  33. Apr 28, 2013
    This review isnt like every other diablo 2 fanboys. this is the truth minus the nostalgia of diablo 2:

first of all, it upsets me that people think they are huge diablo fans and they never even played the first one. the first one had only 3 classes, was harder than diablo 2 and 3 combined and if you died, it was game over, no respawn and no corpse run. diablo 1 was a great game and they
    made diablo 2 easier with improvements that the current generation of games had. thats exactly what blizzard did to diablo 3.

people complain they cant add skill points, well in a lot of multiplayer RPG's today they dont allow that anymore either. people complain about the auction house, but it really adds a feeling of a real community. and the buy to win argument? all i have to say is: buy to win what? this game is primarily a coop game! pvp is now added but its really just for fun. buying something on the auction house DOES NOT break the game.

ive been playing this game since launch and looking back from launch to now, theyve added a lot of content to keep you playing. the game is fun. it has added things that a lot of gamers would expect in a current gen rpg. unfourtanately nostolgia will make many diablo 2 fans cry because all they really want is a remake of diablo 2 with better graphics. so ignore those 0, 1, and 2 reviews.
  34. May 21, 2013
    Im really confused with all the hate with game is getting. I think most people just don't understand that it's an ARPG and is all about the gear grind. That being said, this game is extremely fun and addicting. The game has also been improved with many patches such as monster power and paragon levels. The art design is also fantastic and the attention to detail really shines. The only thing that bothers me a bit as that the replay ability isn't as good as it could have been, even with paragon levels. Expand
  35. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the least deserving game to get a low user score I have ever seen. The truth is a lot of the reviewers are simply cult fanatics who grew up with the prequels and have too many complaints because they're too edgy to be satisfied by any follow ups. DRM is acceptable the only people who complain about that are people who want to pirate the game instead of having to dip into funds their parents won't let them have. In truth Diablo 3 is a fantastic game with an inspired artistic style. While it is true that the story cannot be appreciated after repeating every difficulty mode, this reviewer reckons the true fun isn't to be had until one invests in their op legendary gear and starts farming Inferno (10). The truth is the game isn't meant to be soloable at this level because there is a huge dependency on class ability diversity when fighting elite mobs. The story line is brilliant and the real-time rendering of the cinematic cutscenes lives up to Blizzards standards set by the WoW franchise. As little as a user score matters in what is probably one of the most overcritical, insatiable demographics, I must say that Blizzard have barely deserved such treatment when there are much worse games out there receiving better scores simply due to a smaller demographic that doesn't consist of a bunch of whiny little kids.

To the morons who keep complaining about not logging on, there are 3 likely explanations: EIther your internet speed is awful, you pirated the game and you're too stupid to understand what DRM is or you tried to log in during downtime. Regardless, you're a bunch of bloody idiots because you can't review a game that you haven't played just because you're clearly doing something wrong while everyone else is getting on just fine. Seriously, your zeros are worthless!
  36. May 29, 2013
    Some rare and strange appears only in the rare spawn points, this setting is also normal, everyone can sum up, there's always the law to investigate!
  37. May 30, 2013
    The highly controversial Diablo 3 has let down many fans of the franchise, however due to recent patches I have revisited the game and I was shocked at the difference.

Sure it's still not D2, but blizzard has managed to implement subtle changes that change the feel of the game.

If you have quit the game for over 6 months, I do really recommend revisiting. Things have changed
  38. Jun 17, 2013
    This game got roasted for having a rocky first week, as well as the impossibly high expectations from gamers who hold past Diablo games on a pedestal. I almost docked a point for being online-only, but I'm not someone who would actually play it offline, so for me it's not an issue. As it stands, the game is currently the best ARPG out there. The server hasn't been an issue since week 1, there is now PVP, the crafting is improved, the drop rates are better, the legendaries and sets are better, the players are genuinely pushed to play together cooperatively through massive bonuses, and players can control their gameplay experience a lot via the monster power settings. Of course the game can get boring after about 200 hours, but what game doesn't? The fact is that this is the best ARPG on the market. I've played the others, and they don't really hold a candle. The design of the skills and the classes is of the highest quality. Compare to Torchlight 2 where the skill balance and class balance is atrocious. Expand
  39. Jun 22, 2013
    That game is absolutely fantastic-YOU ALL give that game 0 or 1. Why? because you said "that's boring". But it's hack n' slash When you know what hack n' slash is- and you don't like it- so why you bought it and play?In newest version lags and kicks are so rare.I think you are only haters of Blizzard.
  40. Aug 25, 2013
    OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. This is my favorite overhead game of all time, yep better than Diablo II in my opinion. This is the best looking games ive ever played. The cinematics the best looking ive ever seen. The gameplay is simply fantastic although gets repetitive later on.
  41. Aug 31, 2013
    The only regret is that I waited all this time to play Diablo 3. That game isn't comparable to other h&s in the market. The details, the structure of the map, battles, story,graphics effects, etc. all to a higher level.
  42. Sep 5, 2013
    I bought this game the day it came out and I have been playing it ever since, and I must say I love every minute I spend playing it. Even when you complete the game you can just keep going (unlike diablo 2 with a level 99 cap), and the fun never ceases. I would highly recommend this game to other gamers looking for a great RPG to get addicted to.
  43. Nov 10, 2013
    The best action rpg out there so far. It might not be as challenging as diablo 2 but hey you have to think about everyone when you are playing a game.
  44. Feb 10, 2014
    Atleast we can know now that Poe and Torchlight has 5,3K fanboys . Like some1 gives a sh1t about their reviews. This is not Diablo or Diablo 2 deal with it . We are in 2014 and things change.
  45. Apr 5, 2014
    However this game may be considered a failure by most hardcore Diablo fans, I think the new direction and feel really makes the game better for modern audiences. People don't like change. If we wanted the same game as Diablo II we'd end up making another COD franchise with the exact same thing every time. All the negativity and arguments aside, I really enjoyed my play throughs of this game. The changes Blizzard has made since release, really adds more playability and fun to the game. I consider this a worthy successor to Diablo II, however most people won't agree with me. Perhaps that is because despite playing all of the Diablo games, I started with Diablo III first. Expand
  46. IMN
    May 16, 2012
    The King is back! And He is even more awesome than ever before! It is really clear to see where all those years have gone - every little thing in this game is brilliant! Game of the year so far.
  47. May 18, 2012
    Now Being in Hell, I feel I can finally write my thoughts on this game. I will not cover the DRM, since it is a well known issue.

The game, when elective mode and the advanced tooltips are active, is a very deep and intuitive system. The runes allow each skill to behave in multiple ways, effectively making your skill tree have MANY MANY more options than Diablo 3. The combat is very
    satisfying, the mobs are much more intelligent , requiring strategics to defeat, as simple move spamming will kill you in an instant. They will easy wall you and put molten death under your feet. Despite what people say, it is not an easy game. Yes normal is easy, but it was in Diablo 2 as well. If you understand the Lore, the story of this game is very well done, and provides a very enjoyable experience. My only complaint is the disappearance of the old style MP games, instead of this matchmaking.

48. May 18, 2012
    Haven't touched the Diablo Series. This game is everything I wished and hoped for, it has the most interface-friendly RPG menu I've seen. It's simple, yet more complex in the matter of dmg and survival. Having my 2 brothers across the country, Diablo 3 has the most fluid friend/invite option. I can log into Diablo 3 and in a matter for 5 seconds I can be fighting by my friends side. The bosses are challenging, the ENEMIES! Let's talk about the enemies. There are so many variations of enemies you encounter in the Diablo 3 universe. There are scrolls you find that have little back stories to the demon/monster which I found appealing. The enemies are mean, and will surround you if you don't pay close attention. There are so many spells, you wouldn't know what to do. The environment is AMAZING! Lots of details everywhere, I'm an explorer so I scale the whole map. You find so many intricate items, and backgrounds. Maybe a forest, with a little watermill by the waterfall. The ambient sound in this game is out of this world! Trust me on this one, you will not want to miss this game. Expand
  49. May 18, 2012
    Great game, it is a shame that the DRM spoiled the whole experience changing so hard the perspective about the game. Even so the game is fine and not a fail like Puke Nukem and StarCrap II.
  50. May 19, 2012
    Especially good game. Some kind of a relief among Call of Duty, Battlefield and other shooters. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't play Diablo I&II, but that doesn't interrupt the gameplay.

P.S. I live in South Africa, so, I don't have any problems with Error 37. 10 out of 10.
  51. May 19, 2012
    Excellent Game...one of the most amazing games I've ever played...DRM sucks but talking just about the game I have to say that this game makes it a lot better than plenty games I played before...all the people giving low scores I think they should buy the game instead of having "problems" with DRM :D
  52. May 20, 2012
    Comment manifester son mécontentement face aux problèmes de connexion incessants ?

Depuis le début impossible de jouer dans de bonnes conditions : c'est tout bonnement inadmissible pour un jeu SOLO. Qu'on soit obligé de se connecter pour un jeu en ligne c'est tout à fait normal. Qu'on se retrouve avec une galette dans son
    lecteur CD qui n'ait aucune utilité c'est tout de suite plus dommage.

Voilà les raisons de mon 0 pointé. Ne pas pouvoir jouer à un jeu payé au prix fort ne mérite aucune autre note.
  53. May 20, 2012
    Amazing game! If the servers won't crash, everybody will be happy. Let's do no critic the servers. The game is important, not the problems with servers. Diablo 3 is the most beautiful rpg game that was creating since the pc was born.
  54. May 20, 2012
    Absolutely AMAZING . Pay no attention to the low user score created by people butthurt that they had to wait for an hour on launch day to log in. Everything I expected it to be and more.
  55. May 20, 2012
    Excellent game !
    Done right, no bugs.
    Quite adictive and fast, could be a bit longer tho.
    Even tho every one complains that you have to be online, I really don't care.
  56. May 20, 2012
    LVL60 Monk @ Act 4 Hell Difficulty 1. This isnt an FPS so the graphics arent supposed to be on par with BF3. Compare D3 to D2 and theyre worlds apart. The animations is what makes this game amazing in the "graphics" department as well as the environments. 2. This isnt an RPG, its a dungeon crawler. 3. I cant stress this enough, you havent BEATEN the game until youve beaten the game on INFERNO difficulty. Normal and Nightmare are a breeze to beat and it only starts getting hard when you get to HELL difficulty. 4. Problems playing? Well its a newly released game, and now works perfectly fine after 2 days of updating from blizzard. I cant believe all these scrub gamers who know nothing about video games (yea i said it, you all probably just casual gamers) can complain about launch issues. I wonder how many people were trying to access the servers within the first few days all at the same time.

This game works like its supposed to be and im looking forward to what they do with a PvP system.

-fuzz
  57. May 20, 2012
    I find it so pathetic that according to the people who have spammed this game with 0's or 1's are calling 20 distinct reviewers corrupt. Right because Blizzard went to every single review site in existence and payed them off in one massive Illuminati conspiracy right? Somehow they have bribed every site and no leak. Not one single leak has come out of this. The reason these reviews are high is because *shocker* it's a great game and you are all whiny brats who are crying over not being able to log in for a day or because of an Internet connection. You are extremists. A reviewer is reviewing the GAME not the always online connection. Grow up. Anyway really great game. Love it. Expand
  58. May 20, 2012
    I love it it had a ruff launch and normal was easy but when you get past that its a really awesome game! If you have only played it trough on normal you should go back and play it again.
  59. May 21, 2012
    Like many others, I found the launch day connectivity issues quite troublesome; however, that doesn't change the fact that this is an amazing game.

I have played through the game on normal difficulty once as a monk and found the combat to be fast paced and enjoyable. I think there is a good variety in the numbers and compositions of the groups of enemies you fight. Though you can only
    have six abilities usable at one time, I find there to be a large and viable variety in which abilities you pick and how you use them. Abilities can be augmented by runes you pick up as you level. The random loot system works well, but there might a little too much white and grey quality items that drop, causing the player to either use town portal to go back to town and sell/salvage/store items, drop lower quality items in favor of higher quality items, or to not even pick up some of the lower quality items at all.

I found the voice actors for the main characters to be of high quality and I don't particularly have any objections to the music.

Due to the high level of blood and gore, some people should not buy this game, but if you are unsure I advise buying the game, it is well worth it. Beyond the blood and gore, I find the graphics to be pretty good quality.

I found the story to be engaging from beginning to end. I found the characters to be compelling and interesting, even though I didn't like all of them as people.

The cinematics were at the level I have come to expect from Blizzard: sheer excellence.

In conclusion, this is a great game and well worth the cost.

P.S. I would be shocked if the connectivity problems from launch day occur again, though it is likely that they will take servers down from time to time to perform maintenance.
  60. May 25, 2012
    Ignore the trollers fun action packed game easy to pick up for beginners and still loads of challenges bit for the season vet. poor connections problems on day one but i have had none since and im from new zealand one of the worst internet in the world
  61. May 26, 2012
    Game feels like a bad beta attempt, too short and easy, was hoping for more acts and boss encounters. Characters all look the same, no customization. Bosses drop very bad loot, and prices on the AH are riddiculous, u cant buy end game stuff without enslaving urself to hours of farming for horrible loot.
    Normal, nightmare and hell difficulty is too easy and then inferno mode is not hard but
    teddious and slow, you need to have ubber gear that never drops but can only buy for sick ammounts of gold and real money in the future. Diablo game died a long time ago for me, Blizzard designers are not the same they just want to suck all ur money for nothing in exchange. Expand
  62. May 26, 2012
    I really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing a monch is not comparable with playing a demonhunter and the dungeons are randomly generated which means that you will never think :"Uh, I've seen this one before, boring".

The game has an amazing repayablity, I will definatly be hooked for month as I've not tested out the warlock and sorcerer yet. Every class has its own cutscenes... so you basically get different stories per class. I give it a 10 because it is my first hack and slay game and I like it very much.
  63. May 27, 2012
    I have had a truly enjoyable time with this game. The endgame balance was somewhat disappointing at release; nevertheless, the exploitative class builds have been hotfixed.
  64. May 27, 2012
    Well, like in the game everything is fine. But there is something wrong. It must be complete. I'm sure Blizzard will necessarily be engaged in the business.
    It's a shame that many people are insulted just because of the inaccessibility of the game servers, and other things. Also a shame that people who do not even played it, spit in the direction of the game. This is not good. But the game
    on a solid 9, and a little bit more up to 10. Expand
  65. May 27, 2012
    Es increible, el mejor juego de Blizzard hasta la fecha. Mucha gente se ha quejado de errores que a día de hoy ya se han resuelto (no hay lag, no hay perdidas de objetos ni oro, se conecta a los servidores sin problemas, etc...) o por lo menos yo no los he tenido en ningún momento. Es entretenido, adictivo e impresionante técnicamente. No te lo pierdas.
  66. May 27, 2012
    For this game, it has around 7-8/10. Overall the game is nice. Bad on this game 1) The story is too short :( (THE MAIN REASON!!) 2) the hackin problem 3) the auction always unavailable (I think 2) 3) will be solved in 2months, I hope...) But I reli hate the ppl (mainly d1, d2 fanboy) who just want d3 exactly same as d2, and give 0/10 with stupid reasons. what a non-sence! So I give this 10/10, to make the score more close to the real situation.

btw, It is a good idea that "bliz can release a expanion pack that can let ppl play d1, d2 charater+story+map, but with d3 graphic"
  67. May 28, 2012
    Maybe not as good as Diablo II & LoD but an excellent game anyway and i'm a hardcore fan !
    But i understand some critics by the players, game is easy in normal mode but there is some challenge in Nightmare mode. Drops are good (even if i never found a legendary drop). The game is done FOR the multiplayer.
  68. May 28, 2012
    Best game since Diablo 2 in the genre. Beats all the boring clones with one hand, provides breathtaking atmosphere, mindblowing physics engine and brilliant visual style (yes, i know graphics outdated). Have spent 156 hours playing it and every minute was worth it. Haters gonna hate.
  69. May 28, 2012
    Worth the wait. The gameplay is solid, responsive, and fun. The story is brilliant, with plenty of twists along the way. And the cooperative gameplay adds a brand new and awesome dimension to this already-tasteful game. This one's worth buying.
  70. May 29, 2012
    This is the game that sucks in your time like a vacuum cleaner. Being online definitely has hiccups (for instance I've lost yellow loot after boss fight being unable to pick it up after a fight because of lags). But otherwise it is just an epic awesomeness all over board. Online gives you opportunity to run levels together with other players with virtually one click and it actually makes game much much more fun and complex as well as gives you the thrill of team work. 80% of my first (Normal) play I've been playing along with someone and have never regretted about it. It is so much fun, and it is actually much better then I've expected, especially as I am not huge fan of Diablo 2, which seemed to long and grinding for me. Also what is essentially cool is that in Diablo 2 you had to invest more time on higher levels and loot here curve is linear. Getting from level 30 to 31 takes the +/- same amount of time as for 10 to 11. With levels loot is getting better and better, upgrades and runes open up new possibilities and you do not have that feeling of grinding but an orgasm of constant improvement of your character in all aspects which is a drug and you want more and more of it. Yesterday thought would play it for an hour or so and then go to bed, found myself in 4 in the morning finishing 9 hour run. Amazing game (10/10) minus 1 for Internet DRM stuff, but really it is more of an advantage than disadvantage. And most importantly game does not punish you at all but on the opposite rewards you for experimentation and exploration. Expand
  71. May 29, 2012
    This is definitely a nice game! I also do not like the maintenance like other people might say but if you try the game, it will be really worth waiting for. And also take note that patience is a virtue so either you wait for the maintenance to finish or don't play it at all. No offense.
  72. May 29, 2012
    it was well worth the wait. Blizzard went all out this time. Though it plays like World of Warcraft is some aspects. I was one of few people in my area to pre-order this, and though I was disappointed in the fact that D3 servers kept going down every hour or so, I love this game.
  73. May 30, 2012
    I have never been compelled to rate a game before, but this one just drove me over the edge. Biggest disappointment I ever had in a game which I was genuinely excited for. Glitches, fundamental design flaws, lack of social function and endless downtime make this 60$ mess barely worth 30$. First play through was great, but then I began to notice that any and all loot past normal and until infernal is an unrewarding pile of utter **** Be ready to see nothing but crappy blue items from Nightmare to the end of Hell, even from defeating Diablo for the first time. In Infernal, I found a few legendaries...I was excited...then I looked at the auction house and realized that every single one is a worthless piece of crap due to the ridiculous item system where blue items are better than much legendaries. There's not a single legendary item on the top of the item list. I also made a mistake of rolling a barbarian. Lets just say some classes are favored MUCH more than others. But then again, its not like the auction works. It doesn't. Its been constantly down, glitchy, and commodities trade has been disabled for about a week now. As a melee, you can't get past Act 2 Infernal without having Act 4 gear. Act 4 gear is priced in millions of gold. At 115 hours in, my joy from playing this game has been smashed into the ground and ****ted on. Expand
  74. May 31, 2012
    First of all, most reviews on this site are "7 hours in" or less. So listen to a voice of reason. I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. They were great games... 12 years ago. While I'm not a HUGE fan of server side DRM, with the amount of software piracy going on in the world today it's quickly becoming the only way to be sure the pirates can't get at you. For the actual game, It's new. Period. That means what class? Bugs, hiccups and the standard, just released the game non-sense that happens in EVERY GAME. Yet still we see the armies of twelve year old kids flocking to the review sites to **** They're working out the kinks and as of the time I write this they have most of them ironed out, the game is only sixteen days old, what can you expect? Now for my review!

Graphics: I've heard A LOT of kids whining that it looks too cartoony, that it looks just like wow that it's too this or too that. The game looks fine, graphics are good considering the type of game, it's hard to get Skyrim graphics into an angled down RPG hack and slash. But when you're going into the maw of the abyss there's plenty of bodies, blood and torture devices to give you that "Yeah I'm about to meet something angry, aren't I?" feel. 9/10

Gameplay: Every D2 fan has been on the forums at the site ****ing because it's "Nothing like diablo 2" well it's a sequel kids, it's not supposed to feel like an expansion pack. It's a new game all together. You only have six buttons to memorize and manipulate to your liking but while that sounds like a bad thing, it actually makes it easier to focus in on the important things like smashing hundreds of baddies in a couple amazing moves. It's addicting and you'll find yourself hard pressed to not keep playing if you give it half a chance instead of comparing it to something it isn't. 10/10(Yes D2 Fanbois I hear you crying, shut up, it's a good game.)

Storyline: Painfully linear. Here's the problem, the guy who wrote the story for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Or at least had a hefty hand in it, (The guy who made Thrall an uber god like shaman and basically all the dragon aspects in one.) had a hand in writing this so there are moments of, "Seriously..? Wtf..." from time to time. There's only one really good plot twist and as a writer I felt it could've been better. However the Lore attached to the game, collectibles found in game that give you back story and detailed info on monsters and characters from the game, is amazing. Very detailed including journals of people who players of the first two games would recognize. 5/10(Could've been better... but it could've been A LOT worse considering.)

Overall: While the game has it's faults, DRM specifically and bad writing in places, what it lacks in polished glory it makes up for in sheer fun and overall challenge. Keep in mind that if you are a Diablo 2 fan that Diablo 2 has had 12 years to polish itself, iron out all the kinks, apply patches to provide balance and stability to gameplay as well as just patches to make the game better and more fun. When it first hit the shelves it was a damned menace and hell on your system as well as your mind trying to figure out why the heck it was doing what it was doing. D3 has only been out for a little over two weeks, not twelve years. So they're ironing out the kinks still but for the most part it's still a lot of fun. If you're not a D2 fan but instead an RPG fan of say... WoW tastes or Skyrim or perhaps even Final Fantasy... this game will feel extremely simple to you. But give it a chance and much like Bejeweled you'll find yourself hours later going "Damn I need to eat and go to work or I'll be late!" Bottom Line, it is a good game, it's a ton of fun to play with or without friends and if you're one of those who's looking for a challenge in your games. Hardcore Inferno will have you entertained for quite awhile. (For those who don't know the terms, Hardest difficulty on a mode where if you die, you have to start all over on the first difficulty again. Sounds rough? Yeah... it is.) Honestly the only bad thing about this game currently is that it's story isn't as epic or grand as say... Final Fantasy or Skyrim. But if you're looking for a simple, fun game to waste nine hours of your life smashing hordes of baddies for gems, gear and gold, this is the game for you! 9/10
  75. Jun 2, 2012
    Awsome game love it! Just finished normal difficulty, now heading to hell and after inferno.(Diablo III sold many copies and many people were attempting play on new servers. Problems are expected.) The game itself is fun, runs great, and is tremendously fun.
  76. Jun 3, 2012
    This is a very amazing game, one of the best I have ever played.There are many problems with the servers, but I can look past that because every other aspect of the game is very good. I love many of the new features they have implemented into this franchise since Diablo II, my favorite being the Auction House. I really recommend this game to all Diablo fans and people who have never even heard of the series before. If you own a computer then you should own this game. Expand
  77. Jun 3, 2012
    I didn't have any installation issues, and I didn't have a single crash after my first 20 hours of playing. It has been a long time that I spent so much time on a game, and I'm sure I will play many, many more hours. For me the game is definately worth the money. The current score of 4 is way to low for this game, but I can understand the frustration when you can't login because Blizzard is working on their servers while you are playing a single player. I have not played D1 and D2, but I have played Dungeon Siege 1/2 and Torchlight and this game is what I expected : loot, leveling, upgrading. The audio/music are atmospheric, and the movies superb. 9/10. Expand
  78. Jun 5, 2012
    I simply love it! I remember playing diablo 2 alot, and I also tried many mods for it, and diablo 3 really brings the good memories of the game. Its the best diablo out there, and the best hack and slash type game ever.
  79. Jun 5, 2012
    El juego es muy bueno y ni hablar de los fisicos, es cierto que no tiene el mismo ambiente que Diablo II pero mejoraron mucho la historia, en verdad te hace sentir que estas salvando al mundo de la invasion de Azmodan, Baal y Diablo.
    Diablo III al igual que su predecesor cuenta con varios niveles de dificultad que son en la version en español: Normal, Pesadilla, Infierno y
    Averno, les puedo comentar que el juego es relativamente corto, unas 8 a 10 hrs de juego, pero en lo personal empece a difrutar el juego hasta que lo comence en nivel pesadilla y ni hablar de nivel infierno, el juego fue hecho para eso, en cada nivel se incrementa notablemente la dificultad y los drops de las bestias son cada ves mejores.
    Le doy un 9 y no un 10 debido al mal servicio de conexion de los servidores y estoy seguro que el 80% de las malas críticas es debido a que tienes 30 minutos o 1 hora explorando un mapa y casi al final del mismo te desconecta, perdiendo todo lo que habías avanzado.
    El sistema de venta de armas, armaduras, etc es muy bueno aunque todavía no esta al 100%, inclusive podras comprar y vender tus objetos con dinero real, un plus que pocos juegos te dan.
  80. Jun 5, 2012
    Addictive as ever and the difficulty has been ramped up to astronomical levels by time you hit Inferno. There is still some tweaks that need to be made as is always the case with online games, but the core game is incredible. Feels good to be playing a Diablo game again.
  81. Jun 5, 2012
    This is a great game. Many nights without sleep. Graphics could be better, but I like it. I play as a mage - this awesome class. Already finished the game once and want more and more. Thank you Blizzard for the best game of this summer.
    And pls sorry for my english :)
  82. Jun 6, 2012
    This game is everything I could have asked for and more. I have put an endless number of hours in both previous games in the series, and I must say D3 is the best of them. Metacritic really should purge all the poor scores from people complaining about online only. It was clearly posted on Blizzard's websites, and it was listed on each and every retail box.
  83. Jun 7, 2012
    I haven't played any of the previous Diablo's, I'm thinking about buying them to compare, but Diablo III is a very enjoyable game to mess about on with friends or play seriously by yourself. Overall the graphics are nice, the gameplay is enjoyable, connection is fine. I don't know why people dislike it so much!
  84. Jun 7, 2012
    The game retains the classic feel of the originals with quick hack-n-slash mechanics, lots of loot, random levels, and excellent progression. There is excessive gore albeit you're looking at it from a distance.

The new skill system is deviously clever, and so far none of my friends are using the exact same build despite pre-release criticisms.

Itemization is lovely. I no longer feel like
    my class is preventing the majority of my loot drops from being useful. The focus is back on the stats where it should be instead of class restrictions.

The story is heart wrenching and well told. Leaves me wanting a new expansion very badly.

Artistically it's gorgeous. It's obvious a lot of thought went in to it. It's easy to follow your character in combat even when assaulted by dozens of mobs, and I can instantly recognize where I am in the game based on the palette used.
  85. Jun 7, 2012
    Really great game. Most of the negative reviews are from people having launch day issues. It's really unfortunate, because the gameplay is really polished, quests are interesting, and just plain fun.
  86. Jun 8, 2012
    I have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes I felt it was to simplistic at first but the skill tree is awesome! There are so many options. I have been gaming on the PC and Apple computers sense 1983 and I get board of games very easy now a days and I have to say I have put 28+ hours into the game and I found my self wanting to play it more (This has not happened in years). I don't care about the DRM (pirate games are just as bad or worse) because I think that the developers ($$$$) need a pat on the back for this game. I know that Activision is a $$ cow but what company is not???? AT&T, Google, Microsoft, Apple, GM, Verizon, GE, IBM, EA, Facebook on and on!!!! We live in a capital nation and what this what we can we expect. I am just happy that PC gaming is so alive and well. Expand
  87. Jun 10, 2012
    Dont listen to any of these reviews, the 0 and low scores are from people who either bought it and had trouble logging on or someone who thought it was going to be exactly like diablo 2. Diablo 3 is a GREAT game and im loving it so much 1 month after release. Will be holding my attention for years!
  88. Jun 10, 2012
    Great game especially in Coop with friends!
    DIablo will always a grind game so if you don't like it, just leave it!
    auction house is a dangerous thing because you can get hooked just looking for items for your character instead of playing the game normally
    I advise you to finish the game normally and then go to auction!
  89. Jun 13, 2012
    It amuses me how people people give such a negative comments on a game they have hardly touched. Several complaints are simply that there are minor issues with the game play, but if this was made by another company they would be compliments on how few they are instead. Others complain that you don't get to put points into a particular stat like you we're able to in the previous Diablo games and this creates a lack of diversity in builds. This simply is untrue as the current system allows for far more option, in D2 you would just go on-line and find the best build and use that one, now you actually think about what abilities you are going to take depending on you play style and group make up. Another common complaint is that the game is too easy, for this I have to say get to hell difficulty act 2. that is where the challenge really starts to ramp up. Normal and Nightmare really are there to teach you how to play your character and slowly give you all your skills with their 6 different variants each, Hell is to finish off your levels, and Inferno is to Give you the real Challenge. One last complaint is that the game is Grindy, well that shouldn't really be a surprise this is a Diablo game after all. Finally this game isn't perfect and there is defiantly areas that can be improved, and if we know Blizzard the problems will never be fixed.. JK everyone knows deep down that any bugs and game play issues will get fixed it's just a matter of time ;) Expand
  90. Jun 14, 2012
    I've put in a lot of time into this game, and I must say that Blizzard has truly outdone themselves. The story that continues right from the end Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction truly makes this a fantastic title with marvelous boss fights, replayability with up to 8 characters, Hardcore, and at least 4 difficulties that I have seen there is so much content packed into the game we can all see ourselves playing this game at least until the new Starcraft 2 expansion comes out. Plus with the easy ability to join into a public game and get involved with other games it is just fantastic. The only two complaints is why do they not have a feature where I can speak to my teammates through a mic, and I should not have to be online to access the game because I might not have a fantastic internet connection, but still want to play the game. SINGLE PLAYER should never have lag. Expand
  91. Jun 15, 2012
    I totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is the first one I've bought in over a decade, the last being Diablo II and I am loving every second of it. Don't let the crybabies fool you. This game is epic and once all the kinks are worked out within the next few months plan on playing this for years. Say that about other games...oh yeah you can't Expand
  92. Jun 15, 2012
    a good game deserves a good mark for great graphics. Optimal optimal gameplay of the series continued good characters and good dialogues blizzard had seven years of production
  93. Jun 19, 2012
    this game has the most amazing graphics and is incredibly addictive! even if you finish the game playing it at a higher level of difficulty is still really fun! blizzard never disappoints!
  94. Jun 20, 2012
    Not sure where the hate is coming from with this game. I'm about 25 hours in and the game just keeps getting better. Sure there were server issues for the first week or so but what game doesn't have them. Passionate gamers have built a game for us and for the masses. I almost never replay any game and I'm about halfway through my second play-through and see no reason to stop until finishing the last difficulty level. Ignore the haters, this is a fantastic game by one of the best game studios in the business. Expand
  95. Jun 27, 2012
    I've been having lots of fun. I don't dump money into the auction house (have yet to spend $0.01 on the RMAH), and I've been gearing up in Act 1 inferno before I move on to Act 2. The story isn't that great, but who cares about it after you clear normal?
  96. Jul 2, 2012
    Don't listen to the haters, this is an amazing game. Yes, different than D2, but thankfully so! It's about loot, loot, loot and blizz will continue with tweaking the game for years to solve and perfect balance, just like they've done with all their games. Again, don't listen to the herd whiners!
  97. Jul 5, 2012
    After 2 months from the release of Diablo 3,after 100 hours of gameplay,i've decided to post my opinion about it.its a great game.it's again one of the most addictive games i've ever played...the battle mechanics,looting,auction house,bosses,they are so addictive in result that you can't stop playing...i've encountered a few problems with drm mode,everything is fluent,fast and easy...one of the best games ever... Expand
  98. Jul 12, 2012
    Nice game, great gameplay, smooth action, good balanced classes, AH. Big minus, after 300Hrs og playing there is not much to do. I have beaten beten diablo on inferno, have 3x60 and got bored with game.

Still, game is very much worth money spent.
  99. Jul 13, 2012
    Grinding Inferno Act III, the game so far is a lot of fun. Once you get the proper gear
    this game gets really good. The elites in this game are some of the best I have
    ever seen. I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes ripping through
    huge amounts of mobs and killing stuff.
  100. Aug 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. esse jg e totalmente legal, n e injuativo como os outros a pocas classes claro mais n deixa de ser um bom jg point click . ele se iguala muito aos outros diablos 2 e 1 mais há muitas coisas q mudam.. Expand
  101. May 21, 2012

In conclusion, this is a great game and well worth the cost.

1. Aug 31, 2012