4.0

1. May 15, 2012
    Don't let the trolling wash your expectations...this is the PC' RPG of th year.
    Let's be honest and remember that DIABLO saga is almost in the perfection. Made not only by an entire dev team but with the help of the gamers (real ones) it selves.
    Don't let the trolling wash your expectations...this is the PC' RPG of th year.
    If you don't read about it, if you dont play the beta...if you dont play all the trash games around Diablo franchise (and say omg come soon diablo 3) then you are just a troll.
    This game's only sin, is the lack of complexity or sophistication in the talents and spells.
    Enjoy your copy and play always with friends.
  2. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayerFor years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  3. May 20, 2012
    Absolutely AMAZING . Pay no attention to the low user score created by people butthurt that they had to wait for an hour on launch day to log in. Everything I expected it to be and more.
  4. May 26, 2012
    I really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing aI really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing a monch is not comparable with playing a demonhunter and the dungeons are randomly generated which means that you will never think :"Uh, I've seen this one before, boring".

The game has an amazing repayablity, I will definatly be hooked for month as I've not tested out the warlock and sorcerer yet. Every class has its own cutscenes... so you basically get different stories per class. I give it a 10 because it is my first hack and slay game and I like it very much.
  5. May 31, 2012
    First of all, most reviews on this site are "7 hours in" or less. So listen to a voice of reason. I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. They were great games... 12 years ago. While I'm not a HUGE fan of server side DRM, with the amount of software piracy going on in the world today it's quickly becoming the only way to be sure the pirates can't get at you. For the actual game, It's new.First of all, most reviews on this site are "7 hours in" or less. So listen to a voice of reason. I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. They were great games... 12 years ago. While I'm not a HUGE fan of server side DRM, with the amount of software piracy going on in the world today it's quickly becoming the only way to be sure the pirates can't get at you. For the actual game, It's new. Period. That means what class? Bugs, hiccups and the standard, just released the game non-sense that happens in EVERY GAME. Yet still we see the armies of twelve year old kids flocking to the review sites to **** They're working out the kinks and as of the time I write this they have most of them ironed out, the game is only sixteen days old, what can you expect? Now for my review!

Graphics: I've heard A LOT of kids whining that it looks too cartoony, that it looks just like wow that it's too this or too that. The game looks fine, graphics are good considering the type of game, it's hard to get Skyrim graphics into an angled down RPG hack and slash. But when you're going into the maw of the abyss there's plenty of bodies, blood and torture devices to give you that "Yeah I'm about to meet something angry, aren't I?" feel. 9/10

Gameplay: Every D2 fan has been on the forums at the site ****ing because it's "Nothing like diablo 2" well it's a sequel kids, it's not supposed to feel like an expansion pack. It's a new game all together. You only have six buttons to memorize and manipulate to your liking but while that sounds like a bad thing, it actually makes it easier to focus in on the important things like smashing hundreds of baddies in a couple amazing moves. It's addicting and you'll find yourself hard pressed to not keep playing if you give it half a chance instead of comparing it to something it isn't. 10/10(Yes D2 Fanbois I hear you crying, shut up, it's a good game.)

Storyline: Painfully linear. Here's the problem, the guy who wrote the story for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Or at least had a hefty hand in it, (The guy who made Thrall an uber god like shaman and basically all the dragon aspects in one.) had a hand in writing this so there are moments of, "Seriously..? Wtf..." from time to time. There's only one really good plot twist and as a writer I felt it could've been better. However the Lore attached to the game, collectibles found in game that give you back story and detailed info on monsters and characters from the game, is amazing. Very detailed including journals of people who players of the first two games would recognize. 5/10(Could've been better... but it could've been A LOT worse considering.)

Overall: While the game has it's faults, DRM specifically and bad writing in places, what it lacks in polished glory it makes up for in sheer fun and overall challenge. Keep in mind that if you are a Diablo 2 fan that Diablo 2 has had 12 years to polish itself, iron out all the kinks, apply patches to provide balance and stability to gameplay as well as just patches to make the game better and more fun. When it first hit the shelves it was a damned menace and hell on your system as well as your mind trying to figure out why the heck it was doing what it was doing. D3 has only been out for a little over two weeks, not twelve years. So they're ironing out the kinks still but for the most part it's still a lot of fun. If you're not a D2 fan but instead an RPG fan of say... WoW tastes or Skyrim or perhaps even Final Fantasy... this game will feel extremely simple to you. But give it a chance and much like Bejeweled you'll find yourself hours later going "Damn I need to eat and go to work or I'll be late!" Bottom Line, it is a good game, it's a ton of fun to play with or without friends and if you're one of those who's looking for a challenge in your games. Hardcore Inferno will have you entertained for quite awhile. (For those who don't know the terms, Hardest difficulty on a mode where if you die, you have to start all over on the first difficulty again. Sounds rough? Yeah... it is.) Honestly the only bad thing about this game currently is that it's story isn't as epic or grand as say... Final Fantasy or Skyrim. But if you're looking for a simple, fun game to waste nine hours of your life smashing hordes of baddies for gems, gear and gold, this is the game for you! 9/10
  6. Jun 2, 2012
    Awsome game love it! Just finished normal difficulty, now heading to hell and after inferno.(Diablo III sold many copies and many people were attempting play on new servers. Problems are expected.) The game itself is fun, runs great, and is tremendously fun.
  7. Jun 7, 2012
    I haven't played any of the previous Diablo's, I'm thinking about buying them to compare, but Diablo III is a very enjoyable game to mess about on with friends or play seriously by yourself. Overall the graphics are nice, the gameplay is enjoyable, connection is fine. I don't know why people dislike it so much!
  8. Jun 15, 2012
    I totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is theI totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is the first one I've bought in over a decade, the last being Diablo II and I am loving every second of it. Don't let the crybabies fool you. This game is epic and once all the kinks are worked out within the next few months plan on playing this for years. Say that about other games...oh yeah you can't Expand
  9. Jul 2, 2012
    Don't listen to the haters, this is an amazing game. Yes, different than D2, but thankfully so! It's about loot, loot, loot and blizz will continue with tweaking the game for years to solve and perfect balance, just like they've done with all their games. Again, don't listen to the herd whiners!
  10. Jun 5, 2012
    This is a great game. Many nights without sleep. Graphics could be better, but I like it. I play as a mage - this awesome class. Already finished the game once and want more and more. Thank you Blizzard for the best game of this summer.
    And pls sorry for my english :)
  11. Jun 8, 2012
    I have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes I felt it was to simplistic at first but the skill tree is awesome! There are so many options. I have been gaming on the PC and Apple computers sense 1983 and I get board of games very easy now a days and I have to say I have put 28+ hours into the game and I found my self wanting to play it more (This has notI have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes I felt it was to simplistic at first but the skill tree is awesome! There are so many options. I have been gaming on the PC and Apple computers sense 1983 and I get board of games very easy now a days and I have to say I have put 28+ hours into the game and I found my self wanting to play it more (This has not happened in years). I don't care about the DRM (pirate games are just as bad or worse) because I think that the developers ($$$$) need a pat on the back for this game. I know that Activision is a $$ cow but what company is not???? AT&T, Google, Microsoft, Apple, GM, Verizon, GE, IBM, EA, Facebook on and on!!!! We live in a capital nation and what this what we can we expect. I am just happy that PC gaming is so alive and well. Expand
  12. Jun 20, 2012
    Not sure where the hate is coming from with this game. I'm about 25 hours in and the game just keeps getting better. Sure there were server issues for the first week or so but what game doesn't have them. Passionate gamers have built a game for us and for the masses. I almost never replay any game and I'm about halfway through my second play-through and see no reason to stop untilNot sure where the hate is coming from with this game. I'm about 25 hours in and the game just keeps getting better. Sure there were server issues for the first week or so but what game doesn't have them. Passionate gamers have built a game for us and for the masses. I almost never replay any game and I'm about halfway through my second play-through and see no reason to stop until finishing the last difficulty level. Ignore the haters, this is a fantastic game by one of the best game studios in the business. Expand
  13. Sep 22, 2012
    Why does Metacritic have a 10-point system. A simple "Did You Like It? Yes or No?" would suffice. The user-reviews in here are so rediculous it makes me smile. There is absolutely no way in hell this game is worth 0 (zero) points. But that is what everybody gives it when they have one or two gripes with it. I liked the game a lot btw, and had my fun throughout. I got an extremely polishedWhy does Metacritic have a 10-point system. A simple "Did You Like It? Yes or No?" would suffice. The user-reviews in here are so rediculous it makes me smile. There is absolutely no way in hell this game is worth 0 (zero) points. But that is what everybody gives it when they have one or two gripes with it. I liked the game a lot btw, and had my fun throughout. I got an extremely polished game with a great single-player experience, and even better with friends. I dont play it anymore, because I got tired of it. I will however play the expansions to come.

If this score-system had any real thought behind it, I would have rated Diablo 3 av clean 8/10. But since everything said on here is angry kids with problems with their internet connections, I'll give it a 10 to compensate.

0 points? Are you people kidding me?
  14. May 18, 2012
    Now Being in Hell, I feel I can finally write my thoughts on this game. I will not cover the DRM, since it is a well known issue.

The game, when elective mode and the advanced tooltips are active, is a very deep and intuitive system. The runes allow each skill to behave in multiple ways, effectively making your skill tree have MANY MANY more options than Diablo 3. The combat is very satisfying, the mobs are much more intelligent , requiring strategics to defeat, as simple move spamming will kill you in an instant. They will easy wall you and put molten death under your feet. Despite what people say, it is not an easy game. Yes normal is easy, but it was in Diablo 2 as well. If you understand the Lore, the story of this game is very well done, and provides a very enjoyable experience. My only complaint is the disappearance of the old style MP games, instead of this matchmaking.

15. May 20, 2012
    Amazing game! If the servers won't crash, everybody will be happy. Let's do no critic the servers. The game is important, not the problems with servers. Diablo 3 is the most beautiful rpg game that was creating since the pc was born.
  16. May 20, 2012
    I find it so pathetic that according to the people who have spammed this game with 0's or 1's are calling 20 distinct reviewers corrupt. Right because Blizzard went to every single review site in existence and payed them off in one massive Illuminati conspiracy right? Somehow they have bribed every site and no leak. Not one single leak has come out of this. The reason these reviews areI find it so pathetic that according to the people who have spammed this game with 0's or 1's are calling 20 distinct reviewers corrupt. Right because Blizzard went to every single review site in existence and payed them off in one massive Illuminati conspiracy right? Somehow they have bribed every site and no leak. Not one single leak has come out of this. The reason these reviews are high is because *shocker* it's a great game and you are all whiny brats who are crying over not being able to log in for a day or because of an Internet connection. You are extremists. A reviewer is reviewing the GAME not the always online connection. Grow up. Anyway really great game. Love it. Expand
  17. Jun 7, 2012
    The game retains the classic feel of the originals with quick hack-n-slash mechanics, lots of loot, random levels, and excellent progression. There is excessive gore albeit you're looking at it from a distance.

The new skill system is deviously clever, and so far none of my friends are using the exact same build despite pre-release criticisms. Itemization is lovely. I no longer feel like

Itemization is lovely. I no longer feel like my class is preventing the majority of my loot drops from being useful. The focus is back on the stats where it should be instead of class restrictions.

The story is heart wrenching and well told. Leaves me wanting a new expansion very badly.

Artistically it's gorgeous. It's obvious a lot of thought went in to it. It's easy to follow your character in combat even when assaulted by dozens of mobs, and I can instantly recognize where I am in the game based on the palette used.
  18. IMN
    May 16, 2012
    The King is back! And He is even more awesome than ever before! It is really clear to see where all those years have gone - every little thing in this game is brilliant! Game of the year so far.
  19. May 18, 2012
    Haven't touched the Diablo Series. This game is everything I wished and hoped for, it has the most interface-friendly RPG menu I've seen. It's simple, yet more complex in the matter of dmg and survival. Having my 2 brothers across the country, Diablo 3 has the most fluid friend/invite option. I can log into Diablo 3 and in a matter for 5 seconds I can be fighting by my friends side. TheHaven't touched the Diablo Series. This game is everything I wished and hoped for, it has the most interface-friendly RPG menu I've seen. It's simple, yet more complex in the matter of dmg and survival. Having my 2 brothers across the country, Diablo 3 has the most fluid friend/invite option. I can log into Diablo 3 and in a matter for 5 seconds I can be fighting by my friends side. The bosses are challenging, the ENEMIES! Let's talk about the enemies. There are so many variations of enemies you encounter in the Diablo 3 universe. There are scrolls you find that have little back stories to the demon/monster which I found appealing. The enemies are mean, and will surround you if you don't pay close attention. There are so many spells, you wouldn't know what to do. The environment is AMAZING! Lots of details everywhere, I'm an explorer so I scale the whole map. You find so many intricate items, and backgrounds. Maybe a forest, with a little watermill by the waterfall. The ambient sound in this game is out of this world! Trust me on this one, you will not want to miss this game. Expand
  20. May 19, 2012
    Especially good game. Some kind of a relief among Call of Duty, Battlefield and other shooters. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't play Diablo I&II, but that doesn't interrupt the gameplay.

P.S. I live in South Africa, so, I don't have any problems with Error 37. 10 out of 10.
  21. Jul 13, 2012
    Grinding Inferno Act III, the game so far is a lot of fun. Once you get the proper gear
    this game gets really good. The elites in this game are some of the best I have
    ever seen. I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes ripping through
    huge amounts of mobs and killing stuff.
  22. May 19, 2012
    Excellent Game...one of the most amazing games I've ever played...DRM sucks but talking just about the game I have to say that this game makes it a lot better than plenty games I played before...all the people giving low scores I think they should buy the game instead of having "problems" with DRM :D
  23. Jun 7, 2012
    Really great game. Most of the negative reviews are from people having launch day issues. It's really unfortunate, because the gameplay is really polished, quests are interesting, and just plain fun.
  24. May 7, 2014
    Just ignore all the haters, this is an awesome game. Great gameplay, nice story and I love the new skill system. Definitely the best game in the series and now that all the connection errors are gone it's definitely a 9/10
  25. May 29, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great game ! Do not believe all the armchair critics on this site. They are mainly full of it and should have there log in details for this site revoked. Good work Blizzard. All you Zero voters dont deserve to be called gamers. Why would any company want to make a game for the likes of you.
  26. May 30, 2012
    For new gamers 10 knowlegde about diablo 3

1. Death inducing blunt trauma to the head causes my boots to fall apart, whereas sprinting in them does not. 2. Animals like birds and rats will flee when you approach, but a badly beaten bull creature will not try to follow basic instinct and try to self preserve when near death. 3. Everything i find can be painted, but when i find something
    For new gamers 10 knowlegde about diablo 3

3. Everything i find can be painted, but when i find something truly unique, it becomes immune to paint.

4. Putting gems on my head makes me live a longer life.

5. I can fold time and space and carry millions of fluid containing flasks in my pack, but i can only carry a very limited amount of mushrooms or bones.

6. Pieces of paper cannot be stacked on top of eachother unless the contents written on it is the exact same, to the letter.

7. A jewelcrafter or blacksmith has no long term memory, and requires the same information every time i ask him to make me a specific type of gem or armor piece.

8. When i walk through the streets, people will recognise and talk to me, however, they will never get mad or upset if i completely ignore their call outs.

9. When an old man with no weapons whatsoever is attacked by skeletons, the skeletons go after the most armored person with the biggest weapons in the room, because they're out to kill the old man.

10. Highly intelligent creatures and beings with immense power cannot follow me through a door.

Thats what
  27. May 30, 2012
    This is easily one of the most fun games I've played in years. A lot of people will complain about the DRM, get over it. This is the future of gaming, as long as people pirate, software companies implement harsher DRM. NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT. If you don't like it stop playing, but know you will be giving up one of the best games of the year. This game is not meant for singleThis is easily one of the most fun games I've played in years. A lot of people will complain about the DRM, get over it. This is the future of gaming, as long as people pirate, software companies implement harsher DRM. NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT. If you don't like it stop playing, but know you will be giving up one of the best games of the year. This game is not meant for single player, a lot of reviews say normal is too easy, normal is mostly a tutorial where you get your skills, play inferno and tell me it's too easy. The graphics are perfect I'd say. Blizzard is known for making games that run on all sorts of rigs, they don't require you to buy a new computer to play their new games and I do appreciate that. This is just as addictive as I remember D2 being. THIS IS NOT D2. The "lack of customization" is more of a "fixed a glaring problem in D2" where when a patch came out, your character was worthless. This is a hack and slash more than a RPG in the sense of story. If you want a story read the lore, loot the journals, Blizzard has excellent writers but an in depth story in your face does not work in a fast paced action game. I know I will spend countless hours on this game, as will most people who are crying on here about how hard or easy or bad or overpriced the game is. This is a multiplayer game and the sooner people realize that the more they will enjoy it. Tanks are key.

TL;DR: Deal with the DRM this game is an excellent way to kill countless hours.
  28. May 30, 2012
    Amazing game... aside from tech issues that should hopefully be resolved soon, don't let the low user review scores steer you away if you are a Blizzard fan... however, don't expect WoW or SC2... I thought it was only decent until I really started experimenting with the classes and leveling more and more...
    it is super addictive, and beautiful if u can customize the graphics to suit ur machine.
  29. May 31, 2012
    Hi, i don´t know why people criticize diablo 3.
    It´s better than you can imagine, thanks blizzard thanks. All in this game is better than other similar games, action, story, graphics, all.
  30. May 31, 2012
    Having grown up gaming with Diablo being one of my favorites this is an AMAZING next step with great mechanics, a great story that is great even if you didn't play the previous and overall a great game for casual and hardcore games alike. The two points that I was a bit disappointed with was I wish it felt more like a horror game like the previous games and there were some definite hiccupsHaving grown up gaming with Diablo being one of my favorites this is an AMAZING next step with great mechanics, a great story that is great even if you didn't play the previous and overall a great game for casual and hardcore games alike. The two points that I was a bit disappointed with was I wish it felt more like a horror game like the previous games and there were some definite hiccups at launch but that's to be expected with any major online game. Expand
  31. Jun 2, 2012
    Well, I have played Diablo 3 with multiple characters for multiple hours. This is my first real computer game since I played Diablo 2 and I love the improvements! First some upgrades, Money is made relevant in this game by making equipment the primary way to upgrade and improve your character. Which I like, and also has the potential to make the auction house something that is somewhatWell, I have played Diablo 3 with multiple characters for multiple hours. This is my first real computer game since I played Diablo 2 and I love the improvements! First some upgrades, Money is made relevant in this game by making equipment the primary way to upgrade and improve your character. Which I like, and also has the potential to make the auction house something that is somewhat unique when the RMAH comes out. Also I like how people are complaining about how hard inferno is! That means blizzard up the stakes and made D3 a little more challenging. Some things where blizzard could improve. - Chat system would be very nice. D2 didn't need one but collaboration in gaming has changed over the years. - maybe every two months they could upload some new events or change the events. I know there are a lot but I would enjoy some surprising new battles. Other than that I think this game is an excellent buy and has more replay value then any other game that came out this year. Expand
  32. Jun 2, 2012
    The game is really nice, the gameplay awesome.

It could sux for some because you have to log-in even if you want to play solo.
    The story is short (and immersive) but really nice, featuring awesome cut-scene.
  33. Jun 2, 2012
    Really quite a good game, but it suffers more-so due to its popularity.
    With such hype behind it, there was no possibility of Diablo 3 satisfying all who played it.
    Should it cater to 'casuals' who will likely play through once or twice and move on, or the 'hardcore' who will dedicate months to farming the endgame? It appears they tried to do both, resulting in a very simplistic and
    Really quite a good game, but it suffers more-so due to its popularity.
    It appears they tried to do both, resulting in a very simplistic and hand-holding beginning - being limited to exploring only the areas related to the quest you were on. - removal of any semi-permanent decision making.
    But then designed the later stages (hell / inferno) with such difficulty that only the most dedicated could progress, which sadly left little for the inbetweens - who couldn't handle the difficulty but desired to play more.
    The lack of a difficulty settings is felt rather heavily due to this.

The story is quite a bit more visible than in the previous games, however once you know the story it only serves to break the game-flow.
    The graphics are great, the abilities often feel satisfying with little screen shakes on big attacks and the music and voices are good.
    Besides the minor server bugs at release due to capacity, which have now disappeared as fewer are playing, and outside of a single in town DC (probably on my end) I've experienced no crashes or graphical bugs.
    A pity they didn't implemented a queue system to log in for the launch.

A quality game none the less, for some more than others.
  34. Jun 12, 2012
    This game has been a huge disappointment to most players. Though many don't know anything about the Diablo series due to it's massive period of time between releases. Diablo 3 is a terrific game with beautiful graphics and the in depth story line and looting system will have you playing for weeks on end. I'd like to point out that this game will be receiving expansions as well as a raisedThis game has been a huge disappointment to most players. Though many don't know anything about the Diablo series due to it's massive period of time between releases. Diablo 3 is a terrific game with beautiful graphics and the in depth story line and looting system will have you playing for weeks on end. I'd like to point out that this game will be receiving expansions as well as a raised level cap through the years and will provide months of game play. It's a truly fantastic game that is spoiled on kids who don't appreciate it. Expand
  35. Jun 14, 2012
    I can let go of the well-known fact - that the story is lacklustre, kills off too many major characters and has obvious plotholes - because the gameplay is absolutely engaging, addictive and FUN.

When I first played diablo 2, I was too young to have any appreciation of storytelling in videogames. Thus, I didn't really have any expectations for lore or storyline for the game. Even

Even with such a major change to the way you use abilities from the previous installment, the point remains that Diablo 3 is as fun to play as I had hoped. It isn't perfect but I'm having fun and I suspect it'll keep me sated for years to come.

To sum up, I started off with a score of 11 out of 10, because I'm having that much fun playing the game.
    Technical hitches at day one and beyond --> Minus one. (blizzard should know better)
    STORY STORY STORY --> Minus one.

Leaves me at a 9/10 :) thanks for reading.
  36. Jun 23, 2012
    I created an account here specifically for the purpose of writing this review because I think so many people are unfairly giving this game poor reviews. I was a huge Diablo 2 fan, and I see no degradation of quality in Diablo 3. I love it. While there are some plot holes, the game largely holds true to the previous titles in the series with some great improvements. I love the skill trees,I created an account here specifically for the purpose of writing this review because I think so many people are unfairly giving this game poor reviews. I was a huge Diablo 2 fan, and I see no degradation of quality in Diablo 3. I love it. While there are some plot holes, the game largely holds true to the previous titles in the series with some great improvements. I love the skill trees, the ability to switch up how you play the game on the fly allows for great flexibility, particularly when the game seems to difficult to play. Often, the problem can be solved by tweaking your skills. It presents a fun dynamic of getting stuck and then figuring out how to get your self unstuck. I love the visuals, while not quite as dark and scary as previous titles, I love the look and feel of the game. I even like the auction house. I do not have that much time to play, although I have put in upward of 50 hours, so being able to quickly find items to keep my character relevant is easy and fun.

In my opinion, most of the people that are deriding this game are people without much life outside of gaming. It makes me sick to see some people dismissing this game so easily and vociferously. Get a life, I say.

If you're the least bit interested, I would recommend giving it a try. I love it and can see myself playing it for many years.
  37. Jun 23, 2012
    I'm a big fan of Diablo and once I heard that Diablo III had a release date I just could not wait, and now that it is installed on my pc for now all my free time is Diablo time untill my family starts to complaints, well it is what is and it is still the best game ever and I will say it right now is it possiable a Diablo IV if so I will be one of the first in line keep up the great work.
  38. Jun 25, 2012
    I could almost swear that there's been a covertly organized smear campaign against this game by some user reviewers. You know something's odd when there's such a huge disparity between the pro and user review averages. Yes, of course the haters will claim that's because the pro reviewers are bought off-- but this is a really unusual disparity.

Diablo III isn't perfect by most

Diablo III isn't perfect by most standards, but so is practically everything in the universe. It's a really well-developed and polished product technically. The graphics are deliberately painterly, almost even impressionistic, in places, and that's not for everyone. The sound and voice acting are exceptional. The biggest flaw, for me, is the story: it's very cliche. Some of the dialogue is good (and very funny) but some is surprisingly juvenile. What really matters about this game, though, is combat and replayability. The combat system is extremely rewarding, as long as you're willing to try a variety of different setups. The six active ability setup is almost infinitely better than Diablo 2. As for replayability, well I've "only" played about 175-200 hours I guess and it gets a bit old sometimes, briefly; but geez people-- this is a game, not a full-time occupation... There are some balance issues, of course, but Blizzard is addressing them. If anyone thinks that they could do a better job of balancing a game (and its loot) with this many variables, I'm sure they're welcome to try. Also, if anyone still seriously thinks they should be given the ability to MIS-assign character statistics, I don't even know what to say. It was a bold and very smart move for Blizzard to remove the illusory choice of skill points. There's still plenty of opportunity to mess up your gear and your actual combat-ready statistics, if that's important to you.

The biggest remaining hurdle for Diablo 3, in my opinion, is for Blizzard to continue balancing skills until more builds are viable in deep Inferno territory. Otherwise, I think it'll have lots of staying power for people who don't already dislike it for whatever reasons. It's not an MMO and won't receive as many updates, until an XP. But it's very fun and replayable if you're open-minded about its similarities and differences from predecessors in the top-down action rpg tradition.
  39. Jun 25, 2012
    Almost all the negative reviews here are based on 1st week when there were some issues with access etc, and somehow players who expected to beat Inferno easily. Check the last 10 pages or so of reviews to get a more evenly balanced view. Ive played the entire franchise and this definitely carries on the tradition. Looks great, sounds great. You may have to get used to the new skill/runeAlmost all the negative reviews here are based on 1st week when there were some issues with access etc, and somehow players who expected to beat Inferno easily. Check the last 10 pages or so of reviews to get a more evenly balanced view. Ive played the entire franchise and this definitely carries on the tradition. Looks great, sounds great. You may have to get used to the new skill/rune system but once you figure it out you'll see that it enables a great variety in builds. Far more than previous versions. This game hasn't gone down so well with the crowd the expects 'BIS" and "end game". Somehow many players (while claiming to be Diablo fans from way back) miss the point that farming lower levels for gear upgrades was always part of Diablo. There was never any end-game other than beating Diablo (or Baal) and becoming more and more powerful. Diablo 3 makes looking for gear even more rewarding with random events and more champion mobs. The beginning levels are easy, but the challenges present themselves in the later acts where you get greater variety of affixes on the mobs that will be challenging or near impossible. If you are a hardcore (one death, your character is gone) player, Diablo 3 is even better as there is built-in shared stash between characters as well as crafting which lower level or new characters can access. So even if you die there is still progression in some aspects. no more "mules"

If you are a casual player, it appears to be going very well with that segment as well. Easy to enjoy at the lower level difficulties, try a few classes and then move on. Well worth $60 as you will get 100's of hours of gameplay.

Not sure why the 'online only" seems to be affect so many people. I only ever played "online" in D2 anyway to participate in the HC ladders and play with friends on battle.net anyway. It was done to counter all the previous issues with dupes and hacks. Honestly Ive seen far more draconian "DRM", this is not it. It's especially odd since online play is pretty much a required aspect of any multi-player game nowadays.

So in summary, still loving the game, glad to part of a new journey of Diablo, plenty of content to come.
  40. Jun 28, 2012
    I think Diablo is the game of the year

Not only because it has amazing graphics but for its history, for being so long, its difficulty

That itself is a Diablo and the people who complain because they do not play enough at Diablo 2
  41. Jul 13, 2012
    Play it since release and never had big troubles. Of course there are serverdowntimes... but what everyone forgets: it's been released 2 months ago...
  42. Jul 13, 2012
    Absolutely the most interesting game at this moment. I haven't play any other games since Diablo 3 published. At first it felt that it's too similiar to WoW and too less the Diablo 2. That is what many people says. But after playing it more I started to like it more and more. Suddenly I realized that I'm really keen on playing Diablo 3. I am already feeling that I am waiting expansion forAbsolutely the most interesting game at this moment. I haven't play any other games since Diablo 3 published. At first it felt that it's too similiar to WoW and too less the Diablo 2. That is what many people says. But after playing it more I started to like it more and more. Suddenly I realized that I'm really keen on playing Diablo 3. I am already feeling that I am waiting expansion for Diablo 3, which is kinda silly because Diablo 3 isn't fully ready even. PVP is not yet published but it's coming into. Expand
  43. Jul 14, 2012
    After the small problems on launch and after patch 1.03 this game is lots of fun to play even without the auction house. Graphics are good, itemhunt is there and classes are mostly balanced and all feel very diffrent
    Way better than diablo II
  44. Jul 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game that was destined to be loved by critics and hated by many fans. The reason for this is that it actually is a fantastic game when viewed somewhat objectively, but can be viewed as too much of a departure from Diablo 2 by those who gaze upon that game with rose tinted glasses.

The fact is that Diablo 3 improves upon many aspects of Diablo 2. Concerns such as art direction and character development and permanence that were frequently expressed prior to release are no longer concerns. Though this could possibly be due to the prominence of other concerns, I think it's more likely because these are no longer concerns. Sure there are no more stat points, but they are replaced by the process of gear selection. No more permanent build choices, but the rune system is far more compelling and allows more experimentation and customization. I think the majority of current concerns from the playerbase stem from 2 things: the difficulty of the game and the perception of the AH and the Real Money Auction House. Diablo 2 never really made an attempt to be difficult; it could be beaten around level 60, but if you didn't have the skill or gear to do this, you could always level higher and beat it using your superior level. Diablo 3 doesn't have this option; once you hit max level you are presented with a whole "Hell" equivalent just for max level characters. Therefore, you have to be skilled or have great gear to beat it. This is a cource of frustration for many: Blizzard upon release stated that Inferno would be only for the hardcore players; but the truth is that if it is there, players will feel they haven't beaten the game until they've beaten it. This brings me to the 2nd perception which is the AH/RMAH. The problem with these is that in order to have a challenging game, the Inferno balance decisions must assume the best gear in the game, because this gear is obtainable in the AH. In Diablo 2 there was no such medium for trading; everything was done on fan site forums so there was no real way to see how your gear compared to the world at large. This leads to the perception that most of the gear that players find is crap, and that you have to obtain our gear on the AH to do well. This also frustrates many players. However, if you like a challenging game, neither of these complaints really bothers you.

I've spent a lot of time countering criticism that I see, but the game really is great. Superb artwork and art direction. The story/voice acting is not the best, but honestly I've failed to be impressed by these aspects in many games, including full blown RPG's like Mass Effect. Diablo 2's strength is the heart pounding action, and this game delivers on that.
  45. Jul 17, 2012
    Шедевр! 10 из 10.Обязательно для прохождения.Надеюсь эта игра станетШедевр! 10 из 10.Обязательно для прохождения.Надеюсь эта игра станет игрой года 2012!.Отличный сюжет,gameplay.графика тоже на уровне,отличный multiplayer Expand
  46. Jul 22, 2012
    the people that down-rate this game do so for personal vindictive reasons, the game itself is fantastic, after well over 150 hours of play time so far i can honestly say it is a well made game, the art style while different from previous installments Fits the game, the skill systems make for an ever changing environment and while the story is short, it completes what diablo 2 left off, thethe people that down-rate this game do so for personal vindictive reasons, the game itself is fantastic, after well over 150 hours of play time so far i can honestly say it is a well made game, the art style while different from previous installments Fits the game, the skill systems make for an ever changing environment and while the story is short, it completes what diablo 2 left off, the complaints of others are really just pointless raging. The game should NOT be rated poorly for its launch day problems, they where not the worst thing to happen with gaming. Expand
  47. Aug 28, 2012
    Alot of people knock this game because it's not D2 with updated graphics... Game has some flaws but every new patch addresses these issues and the game only is getting better.

The people rating this game a 0 are WoW players and console gamers who have no clue what the Diablo series is about....
  48. Sep 12, 2012
    Everything i have dreamed for last ten years come true. I dont rely on opinions of people who didnt play diablo 2 hardcore and neither dont understand reviews like "its boring to kill same monsters for months". Huh, i know hundreds of people who like their job and do same things for years! I dont mention diablo 3 is like a favorite job. Opposite, its a favorite hobby for me, and trulyEverything i have dreamed for last ten years come true. I dont rely on opinions of people who didnt play diablo 2 hardcore and neither dont understand reviews like "its boring to kill same monsters for months". Huh, i know hundreds of people who like their job and do same things for years! I dont mention diablo 3 is like a favorite job. Opposite, its a favorite hobby for me, and truly shows what i waited for, and what i live for at the moment. Best game in genre, (action-rpg without expansion pack). Expand
  49. Sep 23, 2012
    The people who give this game a low score in my opinion are unbelievable. Blizzard works their butts off for 12 years and they give us the same Diablo feel with better graphics and better gameplay. The skill system is better, allowing for so much more replayabiltiy. Sure it has its faults, like the constant connection thing, or the Auction House, but they dont change the gameplay of theThe people who give this game a low score in my opinion are unbelievable. Blizzard works their butts off for 12 years and they give us the same Diablo feel with better graphics and better gameplay. The skill system is better, allowing for so much more replayabiltiy. Sure it has its faults, like the constant connection thing, or the Auction House, but they dont change the gameplay of the original Diablos and that is great. Tie this along with new gameplay aspects, and fixed problems from the original games, along with Blizzard's well known skill at story telling with great cinematics and interesting characters, and you have one hell of a great game. Is it better then Diablo 2? Welll, it would depend on your point of view, but is Diablo 3 a must buy if you like action RPGs? 100% yes, I cant believe so many of you give it a low score based on some small things like the constant connection and the Auction House. Simply stated, if you liked Diablo 2, you will like Diablo 3, even with the small gripes that keep it from a perfect score, this game will hook you for hours on end with its various classes, endless amounts of loot, the flexible skill system that adjusts to your play style and the great story that Blizzard does so well at telling. Expand
  50. Feb 13, 2013
    People love to HAte games, Diablo 3 is the natural successor of Diablo 2. The story is amazing, the game play improved a lot and patch after patch made awesome. Gameeplay changed from the intial one with the paragon levels introduction, soon other features will be released for free in this game that is simply amazing. As all the hack and slash games it can be ripetitive, but this is whatPeople love to HAte games, Diablo 3 is the natural successor of Diablo 2. The story is amazing, the game play improved a lot and patch after patch made awesome. Gameeplay changed from the intial one with the paragon levels introduction, soon other features will be released for free in this game that is simply amazing. As all the hack and slash games it can be ripetitive, but this is what an hack and slash is, a farming game, you will be required to farm your items or you will need to buy them from other players on the auction house. Expand
  51. Apr 13, 2014
    This game isn't a step up from Diablo II, but is in NO means a step down. Beautiful graphics, voice actors, and cinematics make this game look like a masterpiece. Buy it.
  52. Nov 12, 2014
    It's a shame the original release has saddled this game with such a negative score, because as the game stands today it's a masterpiece. I was looking for a game just as addicting as Diablo 2, but with improvements across the board. While I was dismayed by it's original state, I can happily say post-patches and post-expansion it is everything I wanted and more. Even as it was in it'sIt's a shame the original release has saddled this game with such a negative score, because as the game stands today it's a masterpiece. I was looking for a game just as addicting as Diablo 2, but with improvements across the board. While I was dismayed by it's original state, I can happily say post-patches and post-expansion it is everything I wanted and more. Even as it was in it's original state I would have given it a 7/10, so it's obvious that those giving it anything below a "4" have the typical "gamer butt hurt syndrome". Some gamers have no sense of responsibility and just want to rag on a decent game because of one or two mistakes. Disgusting. In this day and age people listen to those reviews and act accordingly. Why bother posting an inaccurate review?

This game as it stands today is highly addicting, fast-paced, loot-gathering fun. The only thing I missed was not being able to assign attribute points, but I understand the reasoning behind taking it away. Thank god finally everyone gets their own loot drops! That was my major gripe about Diablo 2.

Any fan of Diablo games needs to pick this up...now! And everyone else should strongly consider giving it a try.
  53. Nov 20, 2014
    Diablo 3 was a wonderfully designed masterpiece by Blizzard Entertainment. I would recommend this game to most, if not all of my friends as it gives a sense of fun and entertainment.

1. Aug 31, 2012