Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 19, 2012
    Okay seriously, are you people idiots? None of the issues people list here make this game deserve a zero. ---Connectivity issues?---
    Well no **** you can't connect on launch day, it must be the worst game ever made!
    No. It works just fine. There are no random disconnects and no issues logging in anymore. ---Online DRM?--- Yeh it sucks, but unless you lived under a rock, you KNEW it was gonna be like this. Why do you act so surprised? Also, unlike other games with online-DRM, it actually serves a purpose here. The auction house, group games etc. Your saves are stored online aswell which is handy for when you want to play on more than 1 computer at a time. All I can say is, if you don't like it, deal with it.

---Pay to win auction house breaks the game herp derp---
    Okay, seriously what the **** First you people complain it's a SINGLE PLAYER game which requires online connection, then you complain about some auction house? If you don't like it, don't use it. Who the hell cares? How does it affect you? If you only want to play single player, it doesn't have the slightest inpact on your gameplay. Again no reason to give this game a zero.

---Bad graphics---
    What? First of all, the game has not "been in development for 12 years". They didn't start working on it the second they had finished D2. Second of all, the game looks amazing. It follows the Diablo style. Do you want realistic graphics? Play another game. Realistic is not the goal of this genre. The physics adds whole new level to Hack'n'Slash. ---Herp derp no talent trees and no customization---
    Okay, ill say this even for those in the back to hear. THE DIABLO 2 TALENT SYSTEM WAS BROKEN. In oder to get a powerful character on higher levels you had to skip using skill points until levels 24-30. It was boring as hell. "Missclick? Too bad, no respec, make a new character." The solution was either to add option to redistribute the skill points, which would kill the skill system anyway, or to do what Blizzard did in this game, which is quite brilliant. You don't have to devote your character to 3-4 spells you max out and then do over and over again. You can change what you do anytime you want. Also and I can't stress this enough, the most amazing part is that most skills scale with weapon damage as well as the primary stats. It makes gear way more important for other than physical classes.

---Story---
    Okay, it could've been better, but the cutscenes are amazing and it's not meant to be main reason to play a game like Diablo.

---It's too short! I beat it in 6 hours.---
    Sigh. There are 5 classes and 4 difficulties. When you kill Diablo with 1st character on normal difficulty, the game doesn't end, it BEGINS at that very moment. You got to experience about 1-5% of what the game has to offer in terms of crafting, trading, mutliplayer, items, classes etc. Saying it's too short after 1st normal run-through is idiotic. It's like saying Couter Strike is short after finishing 10 games.

Again, even if you think those things are issue for you, this game deserves by no means a ****ing zero. Get real. How bad does any other game have to be for you to give it worse than 5.
  2. May 19, 2012
    I've read the negative reviews here before playing Diablo 3, and after playing through the first act, I have to ask those who give a zero score: Are you serious? Wow. If you honestly think this game has no connection to the previous games or that it pretty damn terrific, you're a victim of hyping your expectations in the stratosphere. No game other than the one in your imaginations couldI've read the negative reviews here before playing Diablo 3, and after playing through the first act, I have to ask those who give a zero score: Are you serious? Wow. If you honestly think this game has no connection to the previous games or that it pretty damn terrific, you're a victim of hyping your expectations in the stratosphere. No game other than the one in your imaginations could have satisfied you.

I agree that the online-single-player component has to go. It stinks. It really stinks. But this iteration of the Diablo series is terrific. Not perfect, but no game is. It's far, far from a zero-through-five rating, though. It has the darkness of the first Diablo, but it also has some mechanics from WoW. I played WoW and it was OK, but I didn't think it was worth the monthly charge. Some of its mechanics are perfectly in place with Diablo. It's not intrusive. If you've played the other Diablo games, it fits right in. It's an evolution of the system.

Which brings me to my next, tangential point: I would guess that most of the zero posters here were still puzzling out there multiplication tables when Diablo 2 came out. I was an adult when it was released and there was much nerd-rage at that time, too. Did you know the original Diablo 2 was 640x480 only... ONLY, when it was released? Imagine the nerd-rage over that fact, alone. It was explosive. There were no runes, and there was no Act 5. All this was changed a year later when LoD came out.

I'm not an apologist for Blizzard. I don't know them; they don't know me. But I do know that they screw up from time to time... and they correct it. Maybe the online-single-player thing will never go away, but maybe it will the next expansion. It's not THAT big of a deal. But the mechanics, the feel, and the length are very well done.

For those who have complained about the game being too short: Maybe. I haven't played through it all, yet. But I can tell those who haven't bought the game that there is a fair amount of exploration to be done and side-dungeons, which will extend play. If you want to blast through the game, you can. It's easy to do, even without any knowledge of what lies ahead -- just follow the road. But what lies off the road is what extends play. Frankly, Diablo 2 got a bit too long in places. I hated slogging through that jungle. Loved the game; hated the jungle act. I'm glad it's a bit more concise, now.

So, for those who are on the fence about Diablo 3, buy it. You won't be disappointed. The feel is more like Diablo 1 than Diablo 2 (in the first act, anyway). I like that. Contrary to some posts here, Diablo 3 is less "cartoon-y" than Diablo 2... and the graphics are waaaay better -- less chunky. The graphics are on par with Titan Quest, for instance. Not at all bad and probably necessarily not cutting-edge because of the amount of moving enemies on the screen. Technology has limitations where fevered fans' imaginations do not. Buy the game, maybe not the Collector's Edition, but it's well worth the money for a good romp in the world of Diablo again.
  3. May 19, 2012
    Seems to be a lot of trolls posting reviews, but I'm going to be honest. The game is exceptional, sure it doesn't provide the graphics of games such as Battlefield 3. But it is a fantastic game, and if your a fan of the previous Diablo games I would find it hard to be dissappointed with this. People will always find something to complain about - " it's too easy " - Try Hell and inferno -Seems to be a lot of trolls posting reviews, but I'm going to be honest. The game is exceptional, sure it doesn't provide the graphics of games such as Battlefield 3. But it is a fantastic game, and if your a fan of the previous Diablo games I would find it hard to be dissappointed with this. People will always find something to complain about - " it's too easy " - Try Hell and inferno - "the graphics are **** " - Blizzard tend to make games that sell to a lot of people, not everyone has a NASA PC. - "it's too dumbed down" - Sure, in terms of stat distribution and skill choices it is, however in some ways it is almost better like this, it inspires expermentation, and if not that, then decide what YOU think is the best build for you instead of googling it.

Although this is my personal opinion, the game seems to be getting a LOT of hate, with little justification. I hope you guys enjoy it!
  4. May 19, 2012
    I find it hilarious that the only people giving Diablo 3 a low score are the ones who can't log in and play due to the incredible number of players over loading the servers...

Cry some more, I hear that will get rid of your error 37.
  5. May 20, 2012
    I personally have fallen in love with this game. It is a blend of solo raiding like WoW but by yourself and it is also kind of like LoL and HoN or Dota sytle games which I imagine what PvP will be like when it is released. I'm living in the UK and during release I got the Error messages only during the night for the first couple of days. I was not really put out by it that much because II personally have fallen in love with this game. It is a blend of solo raiding like WoW but by yourself and it is also kind of like LoL and HoN or Dota sytle games which I imagine what PvP will be like when it is released. I'm living in the UK and during release I got the Error messages only during the night for the first couple of days. I was not really put out by it that much because I know all new games have these problems if they are online. This game has online components like the auction house which are invaluable to helping me level and perfect my character ready for the next difficulty level (currently I'm working on my character to get into Hell). I can see myself playing many many hours as a Barbarian, really powerful when you know how to play it correctly. I learned many tricks from the class forums Blizzard has created and I also Youtube'd higher difficulty rating players and how they take on bosses and mobs with their builds. It is quite the step up in difficulty from normal to nightmare if you have no clue what you are doing but if you are willing to learn and don't expect mob kills to be handed to you on a plate it becomes real easy. Expand
  6. May 20, 2012
    A thoroughly good game. Il quickly address the main issues that people seem to be getting annoyed at. Firstly; Connection issues. Its been a little more than a decade since the last Diablo game. How on earth can anyone expect the servers to remain stable with the disgusting amount of people logging on to play. These issues will resolve themselves (And don't give me that nonsense aboutA thoroughly good game. Il quickly address the main issues that people seem to be getting annoyed at. Firstly; Connection issues. Its been a little more than a decade since the last Diablo game. How on earth can anyone expect the servers to remain stable with the disgusting amount of people logging on to play. These issues will resolve themselves (And don't give me that nonsense about expecting a game to work immediately). Secondly, character customization. What the hell were you expecting to look at from a top down game!? Who cares about customization when you CAN'T see what you've potentially customized. I would go on to talk about some other issues but its pretty much just children who are butthurt from not getting to play within an hour of getting Diablo 3 and other tiny issues that didn't appease their niche wants and needs.

Now, to review the game.

Graphics: I wasn't expecting everything to be made of Diamonds and for my eyes to get a massage by beautiful Asian masseuses so I was not disappointed on any fronts. In fact. The Graphics are pretty damn hot. No complaints

Story: What do you expect from a fantasy dungeon-crawling loot game. Fun and compelling story with some kick arse cut-scenes (A particular favorite is at the beginning of Act 2 where to Angels "discuss" their differences)

Gameplay: I was never attracted to this style of game, thus I never played Diablo 1 or 2. I got this game because of the hype and this being the first top down RPG I've played, it certainly has not disappointed me and is a great incentive to try other top down RPGs. The combat is dynamic and smooth with some very nice effects from spells. Lots of spells and abilities that can be utilized by the different classes, ranging from hacking demons to bits with axes to blasting them back to oblivion in particle form using huge orange beams of death from the Wizard. Lots of other abilities to explore from the other classes. I hear Demon Hunters can use duel wielding, rapid fire crossbows (Not sure how that works but oh well) to rain death down upon your foes. I've yet to try about the voodoo abilities available as well as the super-fast Monk class.

Sounds: Not much to talk about here. As always, Blizzard does not hold back. lovely original orchestral soundtrack. Really adds to the atmosphere during cut-scenes.

Lasting appeal: I haven't finished the campaign yet but Im expecting to play through it 4 more times with the different classes. Great replay value as far as I can tell and is a game that will stick with you for a long time.

Closing Comments (Stealing from IGN):

A very well built game with no major design flaws or game-killing bugs. Some lovely graphics and gameplay coupled with an intense story and characters leads to a game that has thoroughly destroyed any chance of me passing my A levels
  7. May 20, 2012
    All those negative reviews are all about "no sp, can't login." They only had probelms with the login server on the release date. The game is really beautiful, the cutscenes are awesome (Blizzard has always done awesome cutscenes). IMO The graphics are fine and the gameplay has been improved. There is nothing else to say but "BUY IT".
  8. May 20, 2012
    Hatch of the year! You must have an internet connection to play single player! When starting, still need to enter a password, and when you lose connection with server it crashes and you have to pass boards from the beginning. At the moment from 4 hours is technical breakl - you can not play the game!
  9. May 20, 2012
    Entitlement issues strike again. D3 is a really great game and as a non-fan of ARPG's I actually love this game. Decided to buy it to see what all the hype was about and wow is it fun. Fast, frantic, with a good story and lots of lore all over. It's a game that everyone should try and doesn't even take much to run. This whole fuss with bombarding another game with 0's is due to the factEntitlement issues strike again. D3 is a really great game and as a non-fan of ARPG's I actually love this game. Decided to buy it to see what all the hype was about and wow is it fun. Fast, frantic, with a good story and lots of lore all over. It's a game that everyone should try and doesn't even take much to run. This whole fuss with bombarding another game with 0's is due to the fact that it requires you to be online to play. I've heard stories of the old Diablo games being infested with hackers and if this prevents that I'm okay with it. The game has been up and running just fine. Also, maybe if people didn't pirate games at the ridiculous amount that they do something like this wouldn't happen. Expand
  10. May 20, 2012
    It's a fantastic game with great gameplay. The graphics are perfectly fine - there are in fact lower textures, but this allows the game to run on lower end equipment (which is great), and you are never really looking at small details in D3 anyway. The gameplay is outrageously addicting - and the new character customization is tremendous amount of fun. Compared to D2, D3 is substantiallyIt's a fantastic game with great gameplay. The graphics are perfectly fine - there are in fact lower textures, but this allows the game to run on lower end equipment (which is great), and you are never really looking at small details in D3 anyway. The gameplay is outrageously addicting - and the new character customization is tremendous amount of fun. Compared to D2, D3 is substantially better in every aspect. Expand
  11. May 20, 2012
    This game is definitely what I had expected a Diablo sequel should be. I love the character abilities (playing mostly monk atm) and I love just how the overall game plays. I for one am happy for the removal of stamina, skill trees, and shared loot. It has made the game a much more enjoyable experience with out the grief or hassle of those systems.

The only reason why I rate this a 9 out

The only reason why I rate this a 9 out of 10 is because I encountered a couple server hiccups that caused me to not play for a few hours. Although this will become less and less in the future, it is the only thing hindering this near perfect launch.
  12. May 21, 2012
    Yes it's more casual that Diablo II, yes there is less customization and building, yes there are servers issues at launch. But in the end, it's definitely a Diablo with all the Blizzard polish and gameplay quality that we were waiting for. The story is just great, gameplay mechanisms are definitely rich, fun an promising for high difficulty level, the difficulty this way higher than weYes it's more casual that Diablo II, yes there is less customization and building, yes there are servers issues at launch. But in the end, it's definitely a Diablo with all the Blizzard polish and gameplay quality that we were waiting for. The story is just great, gameplay mechanisms are definitely rich, fun an promising for high difficulty level, the difficulty this way higher than we could have feared in 2012.
    It's a Diablo, and a good one. But yes, it's diablo III, in 2012, and not Diablo II in 2000, the video-game industry has changed and I feel that some people just can't accept that. It's sad to be so haunted by past games that you can't appreciate those of today. It's a different kind of game, not a bad one :)
  13. May 21, 2012
    Disregard the low User Score. People were angry with the server issues and gave the game a very low score, when really their "reviews" had nothing to do with the actual game.

So here is my honest opinion of the game: Graphics - Are great; at first I thought they looked to similar to WoW, but after really paying attention, it is awesome to see the detail on some of the enemies from

So here is my honest opinion of the game:

Graphics - Are great; at first I thought they looked to similar to WoW, but after really paying attention, it is awesome to see the detail on some of the enemies from Diablo 2 (i.e. Fallen). The levels look amazing too, down to every blood smear. THE CUT SCENES ARE AMAZING!!!! graphically speaking. Also, each item has a different look on each different class, so it is easier to "look the part."

Sound - The Sound is good. The voice acting is very good, and the MUSIC is GREAT. It really sets the tone for the game, and is new and fresh, while still being giving you that nice sense of nostalgia.

Gameplay - There are some latency issues that cause lag, but for myself (using wireless) it usually isn't too big an issue. Controls are fairly standard, and the ability to remap your powers is very handy. The physics are well done.
    The game has lots of replay-ability, especially if you love to dungeon crawl and farm for awesome loot. The leveling system at first seems gimped, but when you get into it and figure out what you're doing, it is much larger and more in depth than Diablo 2. Removing the stats from the game takes away one more thing to worry about if you aren't into micro managing, but personally I liked having the power to control my stats. You can still control your stats, but only to the extent of equipping gear with the desired stat increase.
    Follower seem able enough, and if nothing else a couple of them have decent passive skills that can help you (example: health regen). The Auction House and Crafting are currently at odds; no need to put money into crafting if you can just buy stuff in the Gold Auction house (or Real Money Auction house). However, I see the two eventually hitting a nice equilibrium, where you craft rare items and then sell them in the Auction House.
    There are random quests you can find while exploring that give you reason to check out every little nook and cranny, and they are a nice addition to the monotony of dungeon crawling.

Overall, Diablo III is everything I wished for in a new entry to the series. While it is different, it is hardly ever for the worse. It is worth every bit of its price tag, and I cannot wait to get every class leveled up to 60! If you are a die hard Diablo fan, you can't go wrong with this game (unless you are an uber-fanboy, who constantly complain about everything on the forums, and, for the majority, posted the below negative QQ reviews).

tl;dr: Best Game I've played in a while, and probably for a long time to come :)
  14. May 21, 2012
    This game is awesome, I think its stupid that some people think its garbage because they keep getting DC and the part with Tyrael not being original.... Who cares like honestly the game came out only a week ago of course your going to DC alot and it doesn't matter that the Tyrael part was original you know why because almost every game has taken something from a movie/game and there stillThis game is awesome, I think its stupid that some people think its garbage because they keep getting DC and the part with Tyrael not being original.... Who cares like honestly the game came out only a week ago of course your going to DC alot and it doesn't matter that the Tyrael part was original you know why because almost every game has taken something from a movie/game and there still awesome. I think this game deserves a 9 because not only is the story good IMO I think the story has great replay value and the multiplayer is awesome when you play with friends, and the difficulties are cool like hardcore mode... Blizzard doesn't deserve the 2300 negative user scores because so called "haters" didn't like how they did things with this game... well here's an idea don't play the game then like seriously if all you have is hate to give then keep your mouth shut! And this complaining about the graphics WAAAHH graphics don't make a great game plus the people saying the story sucks like wtf? Its a good story and im pretty sure blizz is making expansion packs for the future to come. They did this to mass effect 3 now Diablo... NO! Just what im saying is, if you don't like it don't play it and don't leave your **** comments for people who do like it Expand
  15. May 22, 2012
    Diablo III was fantastic, it's provided me the most fun I've had in the last year playing a PC game, that's counting Skyrim, ME3 and all the other good games that have come out in the past year. It has fantastic graphics, sound and gameplay, and even though as a longtime Diablo player, I would have liked to see the skill system remain the same way, they changed it and it's completelyDiablo III was fantastic, it's provided me the most fun I've had in the last year playing a PC game, that's counting Skyrim, ME3 and all the other good games that have come out in the past year. It has fantastic graphics, sound and gameplay, and even though as a longtime Diablo player, I would have liked to see the skill system remain the same way, they changed it and it's completely understandable. If leveling up and grinding through Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno searching for gear is what you want to do, Diablo is the perfect place to do it. Excited for an expansion to continue the story and add more content, but what we've got right now is pretty darn awesome too. Expand
  16. May 26, 2012
    I am rating this game 10 despite of its significant short-comings because it is honestly the most fun I've had playing a game since... ever. (Actually single player gets 8.5, multiplier gets 11.5)

1. Gameplay: Way better than Diablo II. Streamlined stats + skill system = WIN! You actually get to try out every combinations of skills without dumping time in re-rolling characters! You get variety! Diablo II require you to search web forum for optimal cookie cutter builds; Diablo III require you to play every skills to try them out because you can't resist.

2. Graphic: Looks great. Not sure why people are complaining. Initially I wanted the WoW style over-shoulder view... I stopped complaining after about 3 hours because I there's just too many mobs for that kind of view to work. As a bonus point, this game run smooth on my 2011 MBP with intel3000hd! 3. Story: Yes it's a very low-IQ story... but the whole point is the action so I don't mind. 4. Multiplay: AMAZING. Do this. After your first single run to hear the story, don't ever play single! PS. Buy it now. Worth the $60.
  17. May 31, 2012
    After 12 years, years of beta testing and I cant play the game without several hours of error messages each day. This was not what I anticipated after this long wait.
  18. Jun 2, 2012
    I have a total of 162 hours in Diablo 3 as of writing this, along with many hours played in D1 and D2, and I can officially say I am addicted to D3.

So far I've been having a blast. I knew from being in the beta that I wanted to play a barbarian, as I thought it was the most fun and satisfying class. I smashed and wreaked havoc all the way to the highest difficulty, Inferno, which is where the game really began for me. Inferno is definitely not for those with little patience or lacking in gear. It is a huge jump from Hell difficulty and is quite challenging, but I'm loving it non-the-less.

As for my wizard, I've been playing with friends. Playing with others is a very different experience than playing solo. Unlike the previous games, everybody gets their own drops which is a huge improvement from "every man for himself." It's also nice to have friends that will share or trade drops they've gotten with you that they can't use. The difficulty and exp per person added also goes up, which makes playing with friends all that more rewarding.

As for the remaining 3 classes, they're very fun and unique in playstyle, but the Barb is for me! =]

So that's been my experience with gameplay and classes. Now for some random things:
    - The cutscenes at the beginning of new acts are jaw-dropping. Blizzard has always done such an amazing job with cinematics in their games and D3 is no different.
    - I actually enjoy the graphics. At first, I didn't really like the art style they chose to go with. It looked blurry, even on a high end computer. After getting passed the first boss and into new areas that weren't in the beta, I learned to appreciate the style they went with and started noticing all the tiny details they put into this game and often find myself saying, "Wow, that's beautiful." If you look closely, you'll even see the old scrolls for town portal and identifying. I highly recommend watching "The Art of Diablo" at the GDC Vault to get a better understanding.
    - There's a lot of nostalgia to be found in D3. At first, again, it didn't quite feel like a Diablo game to me but as I progressed further into the game I started to feel it. I won't spoil any, but they've added plenty references to both D1 and D2.
    - Blizzard listens to their customers and rolls out patches accordingly. In their upcoming patches, they're including fixes/changes that have been big concerns within the community, along with Quality of Life improvements and features that weren't there at launch. To see them act so quickly is reassuring that they'll be improving upon this game even more.
    - The communication between the Community Managers on the forums is so great to have. I got real used to the feeling that the relationship between the Developers and the community was on such a personal level when I played City of Heroes. To see the CM team constantly on the forums, answering questions, and updating us on incoming patches is refreshing.

Alright, I won't leave this review without addressing at least SOME drawbacks:
    - The auction house is very iffy. In a way, it almost feels like this game is more about grinding for gold to spend on good items than grinding for epic loot. I've been trying to avoid buying items off the auction house and instead go by my own drops, but sometimes Inferno can just be too difficult and after a long period of getting nothing good I look to the auction house. So, it has it's benefits, but I'm just not quite sure how to feel about it at this point.
    - Connectivity. It's important to know that this is an always-on multiplayer game with a single player option, not the other way around. With that said, servers do have to come down from time to time to patch in fixes or features or to maintain the servers. Besides the first few hours of launch, I have not had a SINGLE issue connecting to the servers (not including patches and maintenance.) I sometimes get high latency which results in awful lag. This could be on my end (I live with two other gamers) but it is a widely reported issue by others as well.
    - Hacking. Blizzard games have always been a huge target for hackers, simply because they're so popular and there's plenty of easy money to be made. Hacking is especially prominent during a new release of a game or expansion. With that said, I highly highly highly recommend buying an authenticator or using the free mobile phone app if you care about your stuff. As someone who got hacked in WoW 2 years ago, I can vouch for Blizzard having amazing customer service and got my items restored quickly. They've always been outstanding whenever I've needed help from them.

Honestly, I just don't have anything bad to say. I know the game isn't perfect, but I also understand they'll be working on this game for many years to come and I look forward to seeing all the improvements and features that they will add in the future.
  19. Jun 5, 2012
    Game was fantastic, multi-player and single-player alike. I enjoy doing co-op with my friends on the hard difficulties like Inferno and Hell. However the game does have some balance issues and is a bit slow to start up. Farming the higher difficulties doesn't feel like a chore like D2 did (especially if you are with friends). The classes are all really unique and the cut scenes lookGame was fantastic, multi-player and single-player alike. I enjoy doing co-op with my friends on the hard difficulties like Inferno and Hell. However the game does have some balance issues and is a bit slow to start up. Farming the higher difficulties doesn't feel like a chore like D2 did (especially if you are with friends). The classes are all really unique and the cut scenes look absolutely fantastic. Story wasn't anything fantastic however the game-play is absolutely amazing. Expand
  20. Jul 29, 2012
    I played this game for a month solid, I got my money's worth. I plan to play it again when they fix witch doctor pets to be viable in inferno and on PVP release. This game has a future. On line support with no monthly fee is awesome.
  21. May 15, 2012
    Returning D1 and D2 player here, and I have to say that despite the really rough launch, this game has lived up to all my expectations. Me and my brother managed to play co-op for a good 4 hours last night and just finished Act 1 while still missing a few things. The boss fights are really fun, and the new skill system is fantastic. The dungeons are really immersive and I'm sure that ifReturning D1 and D2 player here, and I have to say that despite the really rough launch, this game has lived up to all my expectations. Me and my brother managed to play co-op for a good 4 hours last night and just finished Act 1 while still missing a few things. The boss fights are really fun, and the new skill system is fantastic. The dungeons are really immersive and I'm sure that if you liked the first two, you will thoroughly enjoy this one. Ignore all the bad reviews written by players that are sour because they didn't get to play. Expand
  22. May 15, 2012
    This is a highly polished game that brings everything fans of the series want to its logical next evolution. The abilities are more dynamic, your kit now holds more than 2 abilities at once, and using them no longer feels "spammy". The storyline is great, after my first playthrough, and the environments and mobs will have you smiling while intensely concentrating on how you're going toThis is a highly polished game that brings everything fans of the series want to its logical next evolution. The abilities are more dynamic, your kit now holds more than 2 abilities at once, and using them no longer feels "spammy". The storyline is great, after my first playthrough, and the environments and mobs will have you smiling while intensely concentrating on how you're going to tackle the new groups of enemies. Truly a joy to play. Expand
  23. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is an awesome game, with a great degree of customization. The people who say otherwise are used to spending permanent points in synergized skills that leave little leeway for deviation, and they like to call that somehow not cookie cutter, when 85 percent of them are going off build guides they read on the web. I LIKE NOT HAVING TO ALT TAB OUT OF THE GAME. I also like not havingDiablo 3 is an awesome game, with a great degree of customization. The people who say otherwise are used to spending permanent points in synergized skills that leave little leeway for deviation, and they like to call that somehow not cookie cutter, when 85 percent of them are going off build guides they read on the web. I LIKE NOT HAVING TO ALT TAB OUT OF THE GAME. I also like not having to worry about nerfing my character with spent skill points. There are so many possible combinations of skills and gear, I'm hopeful that there won't be a reliance on specific cookie cutter builds that there was in D2. The game runs wonderfully, with just a few launch issues, that are easy to understand considering the game's giant fanbase, old and new. I smell a bunch of butthurt DIablo 2 elitists. I couldn't log in until 2 hours after launch cause of server flooding, but after that point I had an absolute blast. 10/10 would play for the next 10 years. Expand
  24. May 15, 2012
    I rather see DRM and login problems one day than see duped items for the rest of this excellent game life time. Diablo is NOT a single player game, put that in your mind, it has ECONOMY that needs to be protected from hacks that could come from a non-DRM single player. DRM chatter aside, i finished act 1 and this is probably the best game i ever played.
  25. May 28, 2012
    Sorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clearSorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clear and simple and everything made sense, plus the world is full of books of lore. As far as people claiming there is no single player, I have no idea what you're talking about. "Always-online" does not mean "no single player." I soloed the vast majority of the game through Normal difficulty. Also, the connection error problem is already completely irrelevant. The sound is excellent. The music is excellent. The gameplay is clean, simple, and fun. There is plenty of diversity in skills with the rune system. I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fun, well-polished game that, despite launch day issues, met my every expectation. Don't let dumb whiny kids fool you. If you want this game, get it. Expand
  26. May 15, 2012
    I dont understand the almost 1000 negative USER reviews of Diablo 3. Actually, I think I do, its mostly reviews made by World of Warcraft players/Blizzard haters that complain about how not like WoW Diablo 3 is. Diablo 3 is not an mmo.
    Another usual complain amongst these negative reviews is that there is no offline mode and honestly I dont see the problem, its just a way to prevent piracy and besides, Diablo's amazing longevity can only be achieved by playing online. On single player you would probably complete the game on Normal and never touch it again. If you play online you can pvp, play with other people and sell items you find on the auction house. I understand that the current crashes and login problems are annoying but you must understand there are millions of people trying to play this game right now and no servers in this world can keep it smooth at the moment, but give it a couple of weeks and there will be no problem at all.
    Diablo 3 is an amazing game and it is better than Diablo 2 and thats an amazing feat. The gameplay is amazing, the graphics are fantastic and its simple to play and hard to master. Highly recommended for all Diablo fans.
  27. May 15, 2012
    The perfect game to play with friends that is visually pleasing. In addition, all the people passing bad reviews are just upset they can't play at the moment. For those that say they beat the story in 3 hours and it's not fun, try beating the game of inferno. Thanks.
  28. May 20, 2012
    TLDR: Great game, some release issues. Most polished, deep and captivating aRPG ever released. Will be hard for PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 or others to match this one. Not revolutionary in much, but everything it does have works and works EXTREMELY well.

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more: Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more:

Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before I get into Nightmare mode! This is an incredibly fun and addictive aRPG. A lot of depth that will not even become available to you until you are 20+ hrs into the game. I've only played it for 8 hrs but that was enough to get a feel for the barbarian class. If you like these kinds of games then this is more of the same with an added dash of love and awesomeness. The challenge does ramp up and yes it's a clickfest and gear stat driven game, but it works and the story is good enough to pull you along. Voice acting is spot on. Music is incredible. The amount of variation in level design and enemy design is VERY VERY good for how rich and detailed the game world is. especially compared to other aRPGs. I am knocking off 1 point for the painful release servers and another point for the annoying always-online DRM, but would quickly add back 1 point if the latency I was getting wasn't > 200 ms with some noticeable server stutter at times (this is more likely due to me being in Australia and having to play on 'the Americas' servers... than anything wrong with the netcode which seems fine. I actually hardly notice the latency except maybe once or twice an hour).

Auction house is very easy to use, has good search functionality and I was able to sell equipment and buy stuff that I wanted easily. Very fluid system. No issues. I think this adds great replayability and what not to the game. Also the ability to created socketed items and move the gems around is really nice as I'm no longer worried about breaking gems and losing things that took forever to earn. Also this is really good for creating alts as you'll be able to start them with a set of full socketed gear to give them a huge DPS advantage in the early levels and get through it quick.

Achievements are not normally my thing, but in a game like this they feel akin to the achievements in TF2, where you've always got something random to work towards and it's just another fun diversion during the chaos of battle.

Dungeon design - I am IN LOVE with the dungeon design. The worst dungeon design i have seen in my life was Dragon Age 2. Bioware, play this game, they have randomly generated dungeons with repeated art assets and I'm YET to feel like I'm in the same dungeon ever. Nailed it Blizzard! Halls of Agony were EXCELLENT.

Multiplayer - easy enough to get into, found my friends nicely. Works. No issues.

9/10.
  29. May 15, 2012
    I am having a blast playing. Great sequel to and representation of of Diablo 2. Yes, a lot of WoW influences can be felt, but they are just fine. Could use better art, but the game will run on a laptop, so all good. Server issues at launch? Yes, annoying, but going to be fixed. Upset that you can't play offline? Then you don't understand why they did it. Online only keeps cheatersI am having a blast playing. Great sequel to and representation of of Diablo 2. Yes, a lot of WoW influences can be felt, but they are just fine. Could use better art, but the game will run on a laptop, so all good. Server issues at launch? Yes, annoying, but going to be fixed. Upset that you can't play offline? Then you don't understand why they did it. Online only keeps cheaters out, pirates at bay, and helps prevent botting. Expand
  30. May 15, 2012
    Worth the wait, everything I wanted it to be, amazing, addictive, action packed, and I could say many more things. Diablo III is simply fantastic. Don't believe all these low scores. They are just people pissed at the issues with the servers. Give the game 24 more hours and the game will be fine. Yes, no offline mode sucks, but I don't really care. I always played DII with players andWorth the wait, everything I wanted it to be, amazing, addictive, action packed, and I could say many more things. Diablo III is simply fantastic. Don't believe all these low scores. They are just people pissed at the issues with the servers. Give the game 24 more hours and the game will be fine. Yes, no offline mode sucks, but I don't really care. I always played DII with players and almost never did the singleplayer. GET THIS GAME! It is easily the best game of this generation and I can easily see myself pouring way over 1,000 hours into this game. Expand
  31. May 15, 2012
    After the hour or so of launch day server issues everything works flawlessly. Great gameplay, story, art direction, and voice acting. 10/10 would buy again.
  32. May 15, 2012
    Great game. Launch has nothing to do with the actual enjoyment factor of this game, please ignore cry babies. Cut-scenes are great, story is entertaining, game play is solid, music is great, atmosphere is immersive. Playing with friends is extra enjoyable. Extremely pleased with how well the launch went considering how many people are actually trying to play. Got in and stayed on withGreat game. Launch has nothing to do with the actual enjoyment factor of this game, please ignore cry babies. Cut-scenes are great, story is entertaining, game play is solid, music is great, atmosphere is immersive. Playing with friends is extra enjoyable. Extremely pleased with how well the launch went considering how many people are actually trying to play. Got in and stayed on with 4 friends for 7 hours with 0 problems. Haters gonna hate. Expand
  33. May 15, 2012
    Disregarding all the 0 reviews (which just about all are raging about nothing), I've had no problems playing aside from 1 bug (which they can fix much quicker than constantly putting out patches). It is just as addicting as diablo 2 was, if not more. The graphics still give me the same diablo feeling 1 and 2 did. The sound I suppose could use a bit better work, but it's not like itDisregarding all the 0 reviews (which just about all are raging about nothing), I've had no problems playing aside from 1 bug (which they can fix much quicker than constantly putting out patches). It is just as addicting as diablo 2 was, if not more. The graphics still give me the same diablo feeling 1 and 2 did. The sound I suppose could use a bit better work, but it's not like it downgraded since diablo 2. The constant internet connection could be a drag for some, but it's not that bad of a requirement.

Some of the things being complained about are just silly. Why do you need character customization when they wear armor that covers their body and, at times, their face? Why is there a need for stat points when everyone would do the same thing anyways like in diablo 2? Why are you complaining about an auction house if it had no negative effects on you personally (meaning don't use it)?
  34. May 15, 2012
    It's Diablo, if you have played one of the previous ones than you know what your getting yourself into. Don't expect it to be like Skyrim because it's not even the same type of game.
  35. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it andThis game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it and play the game without complaining, you might actually enjoy it. Expand
  36. May 17, 2012
    Pretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had aPretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had a bad launch, and if you're a gamer.. you already knew this would happen. The only reason I think a game should be rated 3 and below is if it has a massive amount of bugs that never got patched, along with being an overall terrible game. Expand
  37. May 18, 2012
    All the bashing of this game that's been going on here is totally unfounded. Network issues aside - I've had a few, but none too terrible - Diablo 3 is everything I've expected and more. Yes, the skill system is radically simplified, but people neglect to mention that what this means is a whole new level of customization: you can completely change up your character on the fly to dealAll the bashing of this game that's been going on here is totally unfounded. Network issues aside - I've had a few, but none too terrible - Diablo 3 is everything I've expected and more. Yes, the skill system is radically simplified, but people neglect to mention that what this means is a whole new level of customization: you can completely change up your character on the fly to deal with different situations. (By the way, I was a huge Diablo 2 and original Diablo nerd, so it's not like I don't appreciate the roots of this game or whatever) The combat is absolutely insane, with hordes of enemies on screen, and never once did it feel like anything but a Diablo game. As to the issue of the always-on DRM, whatever. It's an imperfect solution, but would you rather Blizzard just let everyone pirate their awesome game? Stop being children: piracy is stealing, people, and Blizzard is just trying to make money like every other company in existence. If they didn't take measures like this, then soon enough, there would be more viable entertainment options except for board games. In conclusion, buy this game, and stop raging about the DRM, you spoiled American babies. Expand
  38. May 19, 2012
    I am not a fanboy, but i seriously can't understand people, that rate the game ridiculously low cause of zero-hour technical issues. DRM is a present reality, face it, or let it be. And really, Diablo is not the first game having such issues. It only came with such great and yet unrealistic expectations, that people would excoriate it cause of the slightest flaw. It runs well for me and itI am not a fanboy, but i seriously can't understand people, that rate the game ridiculously low cause of zero-hour technical issues. DRM is a present reality, face it, or let it be. And really, Diablo is not the first game having such issues. It only came with such great and yet unrealistic expectations, that people would excoriate it cause of the slightest flaw. It runs well for me and it sure as hell will run on my system for as much hours as D2 did. Why? Cause regarding the pure quality of the game and its content - and that should be all that counts - it is all a diablo fan could ever expect. And maybe even a bit more. Well done Blizzard. Expand
  39. May 19, 2012
    Read this entire review, please. You won't understand if you don't.

Read this entire review, please. You won't understand if you don't.

As a longtime player of every non-WoW Blizzard game, as a honorable person, and as what I hope comes across as on honest gamer and game culture enthusiast, I have to say I am ashamed to call myself a player of Diablo III, based solely upon the complete unfairness and laughable immaturity of my fellow 'gamers'. I will admit freely that I have not completed the game. In fact, the meat of the game stretches before me like a long path filled with candy, hookers, and lots and lots of squishy undead and demons. But I can tell that this game... this wonderful epitome of what it means to be a dungeon-crawler with a solid story backing... will be enjoyable in its entirety. I cannot give this game a perfect ten until I get to the point where I have beaten the game. Now, as shown in the other user scores, the community is quite upset about the use of DRM and a server that is not on your PC to run every instance of this game. To explain this, here is an excellent quote from a good friend of mine:

"DRM sucks. Having to be connected to a server to play alone sucks. And thousands of people are complaining about that today... yet most of them don't understand why Blizzard doesn't offer offline play. They say it's to prevent piracy, when it's not.
    Blizzard has to run servers for at least 10 years to support this game, as they know from their past franchises, for the (very popular) multiplayer component. It shouldn't be surprising they looked for a way to get some recurring revenue from the game so that the ongoing costs are covered by the people still playing it. Their solution was the real-money auction house.
    To run a real-money auction house, they have to absolutely eliminate hacking and duping, or rare items won't be rare and there will be no incentive to create a robust market which Blizzard can earn money from. The only sure way to eliminate hacking and duping is to run D3 like an MMO... put everything on a server you don't control. You can hack your client all day long, but since your characters, the world, mob spawns and deaths, experience and loot are all generated and stored on the server, you can't cheat and create items.
    There is no single player game. They never programmed one. To offer one at this point would be as much design and programming effort as creating Diablo 4. So don't expect there to ever be an offline patch for D3. When you play single player, you're just playing a multiplayer server instance that happens to only have one player in it."

Now, my only PC is a crappy laptop (a 'craptop', if you will), and as such I need to play the game on the absolute lowest graphical settings, and even then the game has crashed my PC once already. But you know what? This game still looks amazing when the graphics are just slightly above those of Diablo II. The cutscenes are as good as the stuff James Cameron puts out. The music is so similar to that of the original that I almost cried when I heard it. The story is excellent, on par with any and all of Blizzard's previous offerings. And, really, stop complaining that you're always online. You're a PC gamer in 2012. The internet is our reality. If you don't like it, fine. But at some point we have to realize that there are just some things we need to give up if we are to continue moving forwards as a gaming culture. In conclusion, I know that most people will hate on me for supporting this game. That's fine. That's part of expressing my opinion. But I cannot sit by and watch a stellar game get lambasted by bad reviews because of their attempt to cover their operating costs in a creative way. The could've charged a monthly fee for this game, I hope you all realize that.
  40. May 20, 2012
    Totally disagree with most user reviews. Diablo III is GOTY and much better than Diablo 2. Only I expect that the PVP arenas and the auction houses be ready soon.
  41. May 20, 2012
    Blizzard serves up another winner with this fantastic online experience. Yes online, as the product was never once advertised as an offline single player experience. Confused or uninformed reviewers seem to over look this fact. May be it's nostalgia or misguided expectations, but don't let these reviewers make you over look what is most likely this years best PC game. Yes, the servers wereBlizzard serves up another winner with this fantastic online experience. Yes online, as the product was never once advertised as an offline single player experience. Confused or uninformed reviewers seem to over look this fact. May be it's nostalgia or misguided expectations, but don't let these reviewers make you over look what is most likely this years best PC game. Yes, the servers were a little unstable for the first few hours, but now the servers are fine and the game is very playable and extremely fun. Diablo III is a perfect balance of simplicity and complication. Its easy enough for a casual player to get on and really enjoy the game while also customizable enough for skilled players to min/max and experiment for the best results with interesting choices. With the new inferno difficulty level those skilled players will be put to the test like never before. The atmosphere and story of the game is well done and Blizzard has done a very good job supplementing the game with many pieces of information and dialogues that get new players up to speed in this epic trilogy's tale. Once again, don't believe most these bad reviewers as more than likely many of them are playing right now and are for some silly reason allowing their uniformed minor disappointment to discourage other people from playing this gem of a game. Expand
  42. May 20, 2012
    Si bien en el comienzo existieron muchos problemas para conectarse, hoy en día se encuentra muy estable y no se me ha presentado ningún tipo de problema al a hora de jugar. Dejando de lado esta parte, el juego es muy bueno, te dan ganas de explorar cada uno de los rincones, como también de probar otras clases las cuales son muy diferentes entre si, laSi bien en el comienzo existieron muchos problemas para conectarse, hoy en día se encuentra muy estable y no se me ha presentado ningún tipo de problema al a hora de jugar. Dejando de lado esta parte, el juego es muy bueno, te dan ganas de explorar cada uno de los rincones, como también de probar otras clases las cuales son muy diferentes entre si, la casa de subasta me parece un punto muy acertado. Lo único que no me gusta es que sea siempre Online, pero la culpa la tienen los mismos usuarios, que muchas veces prefieren piratear, por eso mismo es que se ha perdido el modo LAN que venia en todos los juegos de blizzard y ahora hasta estamos perdiendo el modo offline.
    Por ultimo no se merece la notas que están dando los usuarios, le coloco un 10 solo por que encuentro que han sido injustas, en verdad a este juego le doy un 9.
  43. May 21, 2012
    Awesome game. Another great sequel in the Diablo series. Looking forward to the real money auction house. Can't wait to play with my friends, highly recommended!
  44. May 21, 2012
    The characters are diverse, the settings stunning, and the gameplay if involved without being overwhelming (most of the time). The are style is absolutely stunning. I love being able to jump into a game with my wife or friends. In short - it is a lot of fun. I'm going to be spending many years with this game!
  45. May 21, 2012
    Thank you for many years has been worth bekledgınıze sticks his palm perfectly yalasınlar bilizzard the lowest score in those consoles Happy varsın I think they are mainly
  46. May 25, 2012
    The game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, butThe game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, but now that it's set, there is no other game I'm more stoked on. Expand
  47. May 27, 2012
    Constant internet connection and battle. net requirements aside, the game is a solid dungeon crawler. The graphics (while appearing dated) give a solid atmosphere, and the sound design and musical score are very well done and engaging. The story is pretty typical, but it gives what you're doing a purpose and that's good enough. The gameplay, for the most part, is solid. It's disappointingConstant internet connection and battle. net requirements aside, the game is a solid dungeon crawler. The graphics (while appearing dated) give a solid atmosphere, and the sound design and musical score are very well done and engaging. The story is pretty typical, but it gives what you're doing a purpose and that's good enough. The gameplay, for the most part, is solid. It's disappointing you can no longer distribute attribute and skill points to your own liking, as this was the staple of the previous diablo's. While this makes customization almost a literal no-go, they replay value of the game is still pretty high. It's fun to try and beat the game on a higher difficulty setting (which gets pretty hard), and there are five very different classes to choose. And, despite you having no controls over what skills you learn, the skills themselves are numerous and interesting. All in all, Diablo III is a good game, it's just hampered by poor decisions that were probably made to "streamline" the game. If you try to please everyone, you only disappoint everyone. Take notice, Blizzard. Expand
  48. Sep 5, 2012
    What's good about it:
    -solid game in the traditional isometric-view rpg style PC sense (if you like torchlight, dungeon siege series, fate, or titan quest, then this is the game for you. you can't go wrong with that if you are a fan of those series)
    What's bad about it: -real money auction house (it's quite obvious Blizzard wants to make tons and tons of money off it, as if the
    What's good about it:

What's bad about it:
    -real money auction house (it's quite obvious Blizzard wants to make tons and tons of money off it, as if the initial game sales are not enough to please their greedy corporation!)
    -unfinished. even at the time of this writing (3 months after game is deployed), a lot of aspects of the game continues to be changed. it is likely the game will be better over time with the changes, but as of this moment, i feel a lot of the aspects in the game is not finished, like i'm still playing some kind of beta.
  49. Apr 1, 2013
    Blizzard's really doing a great job in the game, as well as improving it.
    My friends and I still play this game on a very regular basis, and we'll say it's pretty awesome.
    Kudos to Blizzard.
  50. Apr 4, 2014
    Addictive, repetitive dungeon-crawler - ridiculously easy even on hard level for the first playthrough. Plenty of loot and a wide variety of locations, enemies and bosses to keep you pushing forward relentlessly. There's a familiar story of demons and angels, good vs evil, betrayal and bravery etc .. However there's not much else in terms of strategy or role-playing. This is a fast-pacedAddictive, repetitive dungeon-crawler - ridiculously easy even on hard level for the first playthrough. Plenty of loot and a wide variety of locations, enemies and bosses to keep you pushing forward relentlessly. There's a familiar story of demons and angels, good vs evil, betrayal and bravery etc .. However there's not much else in terms of strategy or role-playing. This is a fast-paced action game that you literally play with one-hand on a mouse if you have some side-buttons for hot-actions. I think I had to press Q for a health potion about three or four times and that was it. Might consider the expansion and another playthrough or two in the future. By the way I had zero problems with the online connectivity requirement, so I don't know what people are moaning about. Expand
  51. Apr 1, 2014
    I'm confused by the bad reviews. I mean, I understand why people hated on it BEFORE the fixes, but now? There's no justifiable reason to it. It's fun, addicting, has a favorable graphic style and interesting lore. Oh, and the loot is magnificent. This will get down-voted most likely, but just know that with every dislike this gets, it's just an ignorant hater's jimmies being rustled. GreatI'm confused by the bad reviews. I mean, I understand why people hated on it BEFORE the fixes, but now? There's no justifiable reason to it. It's fun, addicting, has a favorable graphic style and interesting lore. Oh, and the loot is magnificent. This will get down-voted most likely, but just know that with every dislike this gets, it's just an ignorant hater's jimmies being rustled. Great game, don't listen to the haters! Expand
  52. May 15, 2012
    TL:DR- 1. Fact- Huge customization with over 108 possible skills with runes, dyes for armor, male and female characters, items change appearances much more than previous games, items glow with a color based on attributes of the item. you can create and customize your own banner, 2. easy to play with your friends just press join game, no more town portal scroll or identity scrolls justTL:DR- 1. Fact- Huge customization with over 108 possible skills with runes, dyes for armor, male and female characters, items change appearances much more than previous games, items glow with a color based on attributes of the item. you can create and customize your own banner, 2. easy to play with your friends just press join game, no more town portal scroll or identity scrolls just press t to go back to town and right click to id items, also you dont need to wait for a town portal just click the teammates banner to go right into the action.
    3. Gold actually now has value (unlike diablo 2) and you can craft rare items similar to how charsi could imbue!!
    4. You actually need to think! Monsters can create walls to block your path, can freeze you solid, push, pull, knockback, make you character feared, slowed, poisoned, thrown into the air. enemies are extremely varied and you must use all your abilities to survive.

This game is great. I'm not sure why there are so many 0's on here. I think that the new skill customization is great, People are saying the skill system has no customization are dead wrong and have only played to levels 10 or so. You unlock skills as you level and you unlock runes which change the skill. All together i think there are over 108 different skills with runes attached Which easily exceeds diablo 2 customization. Lets be honest for a moment. in diablo 2 (an amazing game) there were 2 or 3 actual builds for a class that were viable for hardcore players. You had to put points into synergies or your character would suck. This new skill system allows for great customization and the ability to adapt to situations. Every character has their own voice and voice acting is everywhere which really draws you into the game. There are great cut scenes with awesome action. Everything in diablo 3 is added because the cummunity tried to add it themselves into diablo 2. There WAS an auction house with real money, it was a third pary company that made bots that would play the game and farm all day and find items to sel to peoplel. Would you rather the makers of diablo 3 add that back in,? An option for bots and farming? I dont think so. Instead they created an entire interface for it and for YOU to make money if you want to. You dont like the auction house and think its dumb? you dont need to use it. The auction house is there if you want to use it and nothing more. The new interface makes creating and joining games with your friends so easy.
  53. May 15, 2012
    I love this game. It leads me back to the Second edition I played as a kid. The graphics are pretty, enemies are challenging, and the class mechanics innovative.
  54. May 15, 2012
    Crows take flight, accompanied by violins singing rapidly as you begin your journey in Diablo III, what wonders await? What a beautiful game. Just watching the building burn in the distance against the misty clouds which float across the full moon is enough to take your breath away. The DIABLO III logo shines in glorious gold and red as a lone crow motions in majestic redundancy below, andCrows take flight, accompanied by violins singing rapidly as you begin your journey in Diablo III, what wonders await? What a beautiful game. Just watching the building burn in the distance against the misty clouds which float across the full moon is enough to take your breath away. The DIABLO III logo shines in glorious gold and red as a lone crow motions in majestic redundancy below, and slightly to the right. But that's not all, there is a solitary, gnarled tree dominating the left hand of the foreground, twisted and haunting atop a rocky hill. Another crow sits in that tree... I have spent many-a-hour of game-play just wondering what they crow must be thinking. Millions will certainly get hours upon hours of game-play examining the gray-green grass, swaying hypnotically in the breeze amidst puffs of smoke. The options page is brilliant, and there is a whole list of categories labeled "Act I" to "Act IV" under the cinematics category. One piece of criticism I must point out is that the credits are awfully boring, and there are many empty text fields and a "News" section obstructing my field of view at all times. But all things considered, this is a masterpiece which certainly deserves the Game of the Year Award. God bless you, Blizzard, God bless you. Expand
  55. May 15, 2012
    A fantastic game that thus far holds great comparison to d2 (aka the greatest game ever) with improved features and game play. Although I am quite disappointed with the skill system and the option for real money items and online only game play there is no way that d3 can be rated as a bad game.
  56. May 15, 2012
    Extremely impressed. Game play is extremely smooth and basic. Reminds me of D2 with a modern feel. Can't wait to actually see the good reviews this game deserves start flowing in.
  57. May 15, 2012
    This game is great, yes they went a different direction but i for one enjoy the little taste of new, its fine ad plenty of people are being negative, theres a trial feature so you may try for yourself
  58. May 15, 2012
    diablo 3 has been exactly what i expected it to be, a flashier diablo 2 with a bigger land. however i did not expect to only be able to play about 3 hours in a day due to the servers crashing 4 or 5 times and going on maintenance for hours on end. so far i have enjoyed the game, although I lost 30 minutes of progress crypt crawling when i was booted for more maintenance. if you haven'tdiablo 3 has been exactly what i expected it to be, a flashier diablo 2 with a bigger land. however i did not expect to only be able to play about 3 hours in a day due to the servers crashing 4 or 5 times and going on maintenance for hours on end. so far i have enjoyed the game, although I lost 30 minutes of progress crypt crawling when i was booted for more maintenance. if you haven't boughten the game yet, don't. wait a week or so, because then hopefully you will be able to play. the people rating bad and negatively are complaining about the servers. what did you expect when you bought one of the largest releases on the pc/mac since doom 2? buy the game, but wait to do so. its a more modern diablo 2 using things from WoW that work and its how Blizzard makes it money, using things they know work. Expand
  59. May 17, 2012
    tras estar en el segundo acto y quedarme entusiasmado con lo grandiosa cinematica . escribo este mini analisis. un grandioso acabado grafico , una banda sonora y el sonido del juego sensacional , un doblaje
    precioso y muy divertido una jugabilidad de 10. la espera se hizo larga y tras estos años , sale un grandisimo
    trabajo de blizzard. problemas a la entrada del juego que
    trabajo de blizzard. problemas a la entrada del juego que en una hora ya puede jugar sin problemas.
    mientras me divertia mirando webs, hasta que la gran cantidad de gente que queria entrar se calmara y fueramos accediento al juego.
    en definitiva regresa el rey del rol arpg diablo 3 .... para mi un 10
  60. May 18, 2012
    Awesome game, one of the best ever. Great sequel, with a skill system that seems to be weird at first but then you learn the awesome depth beneath the system - allowing you to build a unique character with your chosen skills and passives, as well as runes, but not fixing you with one build so that you feel bad for choosing one path. It has an awesome story, great atmosphere (dark, gritty),Awesome game, one of the best ever. Great sequel, with a skill system that seems to be weird at first but then you learn the awesome depth beneath the system - allowing you to build a unique character with your chosen skills and passives, as well as runes, but not fixing you with one build so that you feel bad for choosing one path. It has an awesome story, great atmosphere (dark, gritty), unlimited loot, great co-op play, Auction House, and more. It has very well-randomized environements and events, as well as its loot - I've literally not found a single loot that is the same. This will be one of the best games for years to come. Don't mind the other user reviews here just bashing on the RELEASE DAY experience where they DIDN'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME because they couldn't log on. It was blizzard's fault and it was annoying, but after that it was smooth and they fixed it, and people will only remember the experience of playing the game and not just the few hours on the very release moment. Thanks to Blizzard for this amazing game! Expand
  61. May 20, 2012
    ERROR 37 is gone. It has been gone for days now. All these people saying otherwise are not telling the truth. Metacritic needs to give a week or so before user reviews are allowed in. The amount of trolling that occurs on this site is sad and pathetic. The game is getting rave reviews and people are talking about how great it is for a reason. It's fun and very addictive. The only onesERROR 37 is gone. It has been gone for days now. All these people saying otherwise are not telling the truth. Metacritic needs to give a week or so before user reviews are allowed in. The amount of trolling that occurs on this site is sad and pathetic. The game is getting rave reviews and people are talking about how great it is for a reason. It's fun and very addictive. The only ones spamming this game with 0's or 1's and 2's are the **** trolls. Right because this game is worse than Duke Nukem Forever or Game of Thrones right? Rolls eyes Expand
  62. May 20, 2012
    First of all, When I started playing this game and even now, I feel like I am playing Diablo for the first time. It is just that awesome. If you are looking for a clone of Diablo 2, then look elsewhere or just play Diablo 2 instead of complaining like so many CoD kids are. If you are not trying to rush through and just enjoy everything first time through, then it is NOT short at all. TheFirst of all, When I started playing this game and even now, I feel like I am playing Diablo for the first time. It is just that awesome. If you are looking for a clone of Diablo 2, then look elsewhere or just play Diablo 2 instead of complaining like so many CoD kids are. If you are not trying to rush through and just enjoy everything first time through, then it is NOT short at all. The grim Gothic environment has mostly been changed and replace. While it still is grim goth a lot of the time, blizzard aimed and succeeded at making the world seem like a surreal painting.
    The loot system is mostly the same, except when you do multiplayer, everyone gets their own loot drops thus no ninjas (got a complaint? Grow up)
    The skill system has been completely changed, as it should be to make a sequel and not an expansion/clone.
    It is still the general grind, slaughter, loot, and repeat just as always (Hack'N'Slash in general) The audio and atmosphere is brilliant, which includes all the classic sounds, great music like always from blizzard, and great voice acting (more voice acting than EVER) and finally the trademark blizzard humor is there in all its glory (if not overdone..but its blizzard its always overdone.)
    Party size is either you and a single mercenary (which are actually good and have character), or up to 3 or 4 players but no mercs. Difficulty greatly increases the more people in the game like borderlands. Also Story wise: Can't say much but it definitely give huge details about the first games story and more background to that than ever.

The only TRUE problems I have with this game would be: Online only (because of the real money Auction house), and id perfer a better zoom option. Other then that, absolutly love it and I hope this helps for at least trying the Trial version that goes up to the Skeleton King. Sadly most of the people whining are whining about the wrong things or just doing to be trolls. Animations and graphics are nice, are blizzard style, and really if ya got a prob with them...sigh...just stop and go play CoD or look at a pretty picture
  63. May 21, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER I HAVE PLAYED IT SO MUCH AND CANT STOP PLAYING AND I NEED TO DO HOMEWORK GOD DAMNIT STUPID SCHOOL I WANNA PLAY DIABLOOOooooooooZOMGLOLroflmao
  64. May 21, 2012
    People are ridiculous. I mean i'm sorry but blizzard knows the potential for this game to be pirated and I for one agree with their decision to make it online all the time play. I mean nobody **** about wow being online always. and honestly with the threat of piracy it could literally make this games sales a complete failure. this is because diablo 3 is all about the main story so ifPeople are ridiculous. I mean i'm sorry but blizzard knows the potential for this game to be pirated and I for one agree with their decision to make it online all the time play. I mean nobody **** about wow being online always. and honestly with the threat of piracy it could literally make this games sales a complete failure. this is because diablo 3 is all about the main story so if you could pirate and play the games single player offline.. then you could play the entire game all the way to lvl 60 and play any character you want and experience ALL of the currently available content other than playing with your friends.. then i ask you what would be the point of buying the full game? piracy is a very real threat to gaming companies and i agree with any of them that do something like this to protect what they have created. everyone complains....... BUT ITS OUR FAULT we created this problem by stealing games and now we are paying for it and by god its time to pay the piper (and the mob goes wild with anger at a problem they started). game developers dont pirate their own games WE DO!!!!! ITS OUR FAULT that they have to take extreme steps such as this. I can only imagine how hard it is to make a decision like this and to know how much the community will be angry about it, but what choice have we given them? i mean really think about it for a second. they put a lot of hard work into this game and they dont deserve to have it pirated by millions of people. and for those dissapointed with graphics, they may not be battlefield 3 graphics BUT with the amount of spells and enemies and things going on in the game and especially with multiple players there's no way it could work nor could anyone's rig handle it and that is why the graphics cant be as good as something like battlefield but i think they're great just the same :D. ALL you have to do is look at a game like dwarf fortress or mine craft and see how those games can challenge even the very best PC's to run i mean dwarf fortress is aski script for gods sake and people with quad SLI and 4.6 GHZ processors still feel lag in the later parts of the game ( i dont hear anyone complaining about the graphics in those games). the game is fantastic and everyone is just upset that they have to pay for it.. SO GET OVER IT. spend some of your money instead of stealing other peoples hard work. and i have also heard others say that it is to short and that they beat it. I highly doubt it. maybe they beat one play through. well wake up people that is just the tutorial the real game begins when you are lvl 60 playing through the highest difficulty and that is where the real game takes place and the real challenges begin. each group of enemies is so extremely challenging. the first play through is a walk in the park so why not try playing the REAL game and then tell us what you think. All in all I would suggest this game to anyone and everyone.. and no im not a crazy fan boy.. i dont like diablo 1 or 2 and i only got Diablo 3 because i had the annual pass for WOW.. but oh my was i pleasantly surprised with this GEM of a game. IT IS FANTASTIC. more than ever this game is much better and more appealing to a wider audience than the other two games but still has everything a hardcore fan could want in a sequel. the game is just a great time and with friends its even better, story(8/10)- the story is dark and gritty and doesnt take itself to seriously for the most part. I for one loved it!
    Sound (10/10)- The music is best in series and amazing in every way.
    Graphics (9/10)- the graphics are nice and the spell effects are great i love the feel and look of the world!
    Gameplay (9/10)- Fun and easy to get into yet very difficult, versatile and satisfying as the game goes on
    Multiplayer(10/10)- one of the best coop games to date! FUN AS HELL!
    Interface(9/10)- nice polished and easy to use interface, it works perfectly.

the game is great (DRM or not) and if you want a fun challenge to delve deep into and spend a long time mastering and a great coop experience to have then this game will not disappoint. the story, world and soundtrack are all beautiful in their own right and because of these elements you will quickly find yourself deeply immersed in the dark world of Diablo!
  65. Jul 13, 2012
    Alright I just thought i'd give this game a positive review because it deserves one. It does have many problems and is not yet really a worthy successor to one of my favorite games of all time D2. One thing that should be noted is the combat/skills are FAR superior to D2's. The combat is loads of fun and cleaving monsters has never been more fun. The problem is this game just does not haveAlright I just thought i'd give this game a positive review because it deserves one. It does have many problems and is not yet really a worthy successor to one of my favorite games of all time D2. One thing that should be noted is the combat/skills are FAR superior to D2's. The combat is loads of fun and cleaving monsters has never been more fun. The problem is this game just does not have the longevity that D2 had, which is my main gripe with it. Once you get to the highest difficulty it becomes truly impossible to progress without absolute top notch gear. The problem isn't getting your assed handed to you it's that you are punished severely currently for dying with the repair costs. So, in essence you are not encouraged to push for progression at all. Another major problem is not necessarily that the AH has better gear normally than you find yourself, that was to be expected, the problem is that in order to progress, through act 1 inferno you need act 2 gear, and to progress in act 2 you need act 3 gear and to progress in act 3, you need act 4 gear. This is a huge problem and just lends itself to endless farming for gold so you can afford the overpriced items that people who have had enough time or a big enough losers have posted for rediculous sums. The gear that is needed to progress should drop in the act BEFORE the next one, that is the only logical progression. They either need to up the drop rates, or nerf inferno again for this to happen. This game has huge potential make no mistake and blizzard has a great reputation of adding tons of content and balance fixes through patches. The story and atmospher e were compeletely **** in this game compared to the other Diablos and unfortunately this cannot be fixed before the expansion. Expand
  66. Aug 7, 2012
    I enjoy Diablo 3. i know it did not blow us away, but it sure is a hell of alot better than Diablo 2. This is a game i play it to have fun, unlike torchlight 1 which i play when i'm bored out of my mind. Diablo 3 had a great story to, We all know they had little to work with. So they used The lesser evils Belial, and, Azmodan.They made to be always online so that people couldn't installI enjoy Diablo 3. i know it did not blow us away, but it sure is a hell of alot better than Diablo 2. This is a game i play it to have fun, unlike torchlight 1 which i play when i'm bored out of my mind. Diablo 3 had a great story to, We all know they had little to work with. So they used The lesser evils Belial, and, Azmodan.They made to be always online so that people couldn't install it on other computers Like you can with Diablo 2 Expand
  67. Jul 28, 2014
    Blizzard, as it was in the past, is probably the best developer in understanding the market trend and taste of players all around the world. Diablo 2 is the master piece in its era, and I would say, Diablo 3 is the master piece of ARPG nowadays.

Some will complain about the simplified mechanics in this game. Let's just look at the success of Skyrim, it rocks because it dumps the over-complicated RPG elements, so that fans of Call of Duty and other action gamers can join the community without frustration, so the game becomes a fantastic game highly praised by everyone.

The same logic applies here. In fact, Blizzard has a much better vision here. I will help everyone here to see it. With the booming of mobile phone or tablet gaming markets, there are strong requests from the causal gamers to have a pay-to-win model.

By introducing pay-to-win model, the profit of developers rises so they have more resources dedicated to make a perfect game. This is why Diablo 3 is perfect when comapred to Diablo 2. And the pay-to-win models finally give causal players the competitive edge to work against the hardcore gamers, achieving the balance of power among players. This explains the prosperity of Diablo 3 community, in which it probably will grow even faster in the future 10 years.

Unfortunately, many players here can not see the future foreseen by Blizzard. Blizzard is indeed trying hard to advance the gaming atmosphere to a new era with everyone will soon realize and enjoy in future.
  68. May 15, 2012
    I'm going to start by addressing DRM and the online nature of this game, since that seems to be what most people here want to discuss. Whether you live in Asia, Europe or "the Americas," Diablo 3's midnight launch (and unless you were lucky enough to live in certain time zones, wasn't actually midnight launch). The servers were unable to handle the traffic, and a lot of people couldn'tI'm going to start by addressing DRM and the online nature of this game, since that seems to be what most people here want to discuss. Whether you live in Asia, Europe or "the Americas," Diablo 3's midnight launch (and unless you were lucky enough to live in certain time zones, wasn't actually midnight launch). The servers were unable to handle the traffic, and a lot of people couldn't play. That said, WoW and Starcraft 2 experienced the same issues at launch, and today they are recognized as some of the best games within their genres. The day of launch is the WORST day to play these games, as they have historically been very rocky due to the absurd amount of people trying to connect. I understand why people are upset at the always-online requirement of these games, but for me they are by no means a deal-breaker. That said, if you have a decent computer and a good internet connection, you owe it to yourself to try Diablo 3. It is one of the easiest games to play and yet one of the most satisfying. The art in this game is fantastic, it's moody and at times looks painted onto the screen. Although the environments are linear and restrictive, Blizzard has done a lot of nice things visually to make the places you explore seem vast and epic. There are huge vertical drops and lots of detail everywhere to keep the places you explore nice places to be. The combat is very simple, but the large amount of skills and modifications for those skills keep you looking forward to the next level up. The skills themselves also feel incredible to execute. Bashing things as a barbarian has never felt so right, and there is something righteous about throwing a giant jar of spiders at your enemy as a witch doctor. Killing elite monsters and watching as loot with different colored fonts showers from their corpses is still one of the most elating feelings in gaming, even if your left mouse button is doing the bulk of the work.

In short, I've been waiting for Blizzard to make this game for 12 years, and already the game has delivered beyond my expectations. Do think, buy.
  69. May 15, 2012
    Please don't listen to these idiots posting negative scores. They obviously only tried logging in right when it was launched and expected a flawless experience. From someone who has played every diablo, this one is up there with the rest of them. Great story, great visuals, and while the skill tree is now gone, there is a equivilant with passive and special skills. All in all, a prettyPlease don't listen to these idiots posting negative scores. They obviously only tried logging in right when it was launched and expected a flawless experience. From someone who has played every diablo, this one is up there with the rest of them. Great story, great visuals, and while the skill tree is now gone, there is a equivilant with passive and special skills. All in all, a pretty good game. Sad how little kids (You can be a grown man, but still be a kid.) are putting low scores up. Expand
  70. May 15, 2012
    Great game, the classes are awesome, looks and feels great. The quests are fun and not too tedious, the graphics engine is awesome and can lead to some hilarious animations.-----

My only complaint is that DC passes away
  71. May 20, 2012
    Such an addictive game I've already racked up 25 hours into it. Playing as a Wizard and I'm having a real blast. If you are a fan of RPG's or just Blizzard in general pick the game up you wont be dissapointed. Also, all of those who have threatened lives of Blizzard employees or have wished death upon them. You have been reported. Really makes you sad that a video game can bring people toSuch an addictive game I've already racked up 25 hours into it. Playing as a Wizard and I'm having a real blast. If you are a fan of RPG's or just Blizzard in general pick the game up you wont be dissapointed. Also, all of those who have threatened lives of Blizzard employees or have wished death upon them. You have been reported. Really makes you sad that a video game can bring people to threaten someones life. What a world. Expand
  72. May 21, 2012
    There are only 2 things that I can complain about.
    1- Why Blizz made Normal mode i can go pass it with finger in my as*.
    2- I start playing 20 may becouse there are no copies in my country in any shop (poor Blizzard)
  73. Jun 5, 2012
    El juego es muy bueno y ni hablar de los fisicos, es cierto que no tiene el mismo ambiente que Diablo II pero mejoraron mucho la historia, en verdad te hace sentir que estas salvando al mundo de la invasion de Azmodan, Baal y Diablo.
    Diablo III al igual que su predecesor cuenta con varios niveles de dificultad que son en la version en español: Normal, Pesadilla, Infierno y Averno, les puedo comentar que el juego es relativamente corto, unas 8 a 10 hrs de juego, pero en lo personal empece a difrutar el juego hasta que lo comence en nivel pesadilla y ni hablar de nivel infierno, el juego fue hecho para eso, en cada nivel se incrementa notablemente la dificultad y los drops de las bestias son cada ves mejores.
    Le doy un 9 y no un 10 debido al mal servicio de conexion de los servidores y estoy seguro que el 80% de las malas críticas es debido a que tienes 30 minutos o 1 hora explorando un mapa y casi al final del mismo te desconecta, perdiendo todo lo que habías avanzado.
    El sistema de venta de armas, armaduras, etc es muy bueno aunque todavía no esta al 100%, inclusive podras comprar y vender tus objetos con dinero real, un plus que pocos juegos te dan.
  74. Jun 9, 2012
    I thoroughly enjoyed both Diablo 1 & 2 and was eager to to play the third, and i love it. the combat is fun and every level up feels like an accomplishment. It's definitely a game that i could sink 100 hours into, much like i have done with previous entries in the series. sure there are somethings that blizzard could have done better, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is aI thoroughly enjoyed both Diablo 1 & 2 and was eager to to play the third, and i love it. the combat is fun and every level up feels like an accomplishment. It's definitely a game that i could sink 100 hours into, much like i have done with previous entries in the series. sure there are somethings that blizzard could have done better, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is a great game and should be played by all Expand
  75. Aug 22, 2012
    Diablo III is ultimately a good game. The problem is, a large proportion of fans were expecting a stellar, mind-blowingly amazing game. And on that front it's a disappointment, therein lies the mixed opinion coupled with a healthy dose of "I don't like things that are different" and "I can't play because of obnoxious DRM".

There's only one major failing of the game that Diablo III is

There's only one major failing of the game that Diablo III is worthy of the harshest criticism for; the story. You'll be hard pressed to find a more generic, cheesy, poorly paced and bafflingly structured storyline within a game. Almost every trope of storytelling you can imagine is used inappropriately within the central narrative, from arrested character development to cringe-inducingly inept villains. There's a lot wrong with the story here, so if you're looking for something that tugs at your heart strings and makes you feel feelings, look elsewhere.

That being said however, the gameplay of Diablo III is polished to a very high standard. While earlier difficulties are a relatively standard hack-and-slash experience, more complex and challenging combat begins to add layer upon layer of depth to the gameplay as you go on. Character builds, itemisation and tactics all begin to play a critical role, and alongside standard progression you have a nicely involved sideline of loot-grinding.
    Gameplay is involved and visceral, and randomly generated dungeons (though sadly randomisation is minimal in most overworld areas) keep things fresh for at least a few playthroughs.
    Visually, Diablo III boasts low polygon counts, but a richness and attention to detail that makes every setting wonderful to look at.

Ultimately this third instalment in the Diablo franchise doesn't live up to hype, but that's probably the only major crime it commits. If you can handle the always-online requirement and the fact that this game isn't going to be winning any awards for originality or innovation, there's a lot to be enjoyed here. The developers at Blizzard have never been revolutionary artistes or champions of consumer good will, but what they *are* is incredibly effective at making video games that do exactly what they say on the tin.

Diablo III is everything you'll want out of a hack-and-slash, and nothing more. There's enough gameplay in there for you to get more than your money's worth even for the casual player. For the enthusiast, you're likely to sink a hundred hours into this one easily.
  76. Oct 7, 2012
    This game is actually really a lot of fun. I have enjoyed it just as much or more than my experiences with DI and DII. I look forward to the new patches blizzard has planned and will play this game well into the future. Give this game a chance. Create your own experience and then develop your own opinion on it. I actually think having it as an online game is helpful because I can thenThis game is actually really a lot of fun. I have enjoyed it just as much or more than my experiences with DI and DII. I look forward to the new patches blizzard has planned and will play this game well into the future. Give this game a chance. Create your own experience and then develop your own opinion on it. I actually think having it as an online game is helpful because I can then store my character on a server and not have to worry about losing it with a computer failure. Expand
  77. Apr 4, 2013
    I waited for over seven years for this after playing Diablo 2, I had so high expectations for this but it didn't live up to it. The level up system and the atmosphere wasn't the same and it lacks replayability and the worst was the launch and the "must have internet connection" problem. But it still manages to be a good game.
  78. May 15, 2014
    I've had Diablo III for a very long time but after seeing concerns raised by many other gamers worldwide; I decided to only play it when it was in an acceptable state. Two years since release and finally this game is of a very satisfying standard thanks to the new patch and work done on DRM issues from Blizzard. For some, this is too late in the day particularly after the apparent 10 yearI've had Diablo III for a very long time but after seeing concerns raised by many other gamers worldwide; I decided to only play it when it was in an acceptable state. Two years since release and finally this game is of a very satisfying standard thanks to the new patch and work done on DRM issues from Blizzard. For some, this is too late in the day particularly after the apparent 10 year development.

Fans of the series may have mixed emotions about this game; it has lost it's dark and gritty feel and is now more artistic with colour with a bright pallet and plenty of color. Some areas are often sparse but you're not too far from a battle here and there. The main story is fairly short which is a shame but you can replay the game with the different classes which offer enough diversity particularly in the inventory aspect. Developing characters, leveling up and completing the game multiple times is an extremely enjoyable experience and bumping up the difficulty adds some spice and extra XP+gold which helps ranking up.

The Story is nothing special and any side missions are fairly simple though. Combat is clean and fun but everything is very repetitive in time. Hunting for loot and building your hero adds much to what is at times a bland game.

Activison Blizzard have thankfully closed the Auction House which was something of some debate. Now more legendary items are dropping in game rather than you having to cough up with gold or real money just to improve your character this way. I found the ethics behind this practice terrible especially considering the shape this game has been in for the past 24 months. I have had no issues in connecting to matches or when playing which is amazing considering how many problems were reported with the DRM feature since release. The game is finally at a satisfactory standard now.

If you are a fan of Diablo or the genre; this game is definitely worth a purchase now. Don't expect the feel of previous games. This is more of a modern take which may put some people off. It's a solid title with a good inventory backbone and character development feature but it doesn't take long to finish and the game may be too linear for some.
  79. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a major improvement to the previous bestselling pc title, don't listen to the reviews about the servers, that's simply due to its popularity :)
  80. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is **** awesome even if i didn't get to log in all the time today! It's hrpahnasdf;lkajdfa;ldfkj graphics are really awesome and the story telling is awesome. Although this is the first Diablo game that i have gotten so far i think that i will love it and play it for a long time 10/10 !!
  81. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has made an excellent, polished game that is genuinely fun. It was well worth my purchase. Many people are frustrated with some server instability on launch day, but maybe they should have thought ahead and not taken weeks off of work and checked their wives and kids into a hotel so they can be all alone with their precious... Feel free to ignore them, the game is excellent.
  82. May 15, 2012
    TL;DR; The game is incredible.

TL;DR; The game is incredible.

Where shall I start? First of all, this is a hack and slash game. A very good one. VERY good. This is miles ahead of Diablo 2. Your characters have many abilities, and each of those abilities has many different tweaks to make your abilities do different things. Using the abilities are extremely satisfying. Every hit feels incredibly, and it is extremely satisfying smashing your way through legions of enemies. Nothing is better than landing a critical hit with a lightning weapon and watching your enemy fly off of the screen in a bolt of lightning.

Almost everything is a step up from Diablo 2. The graphics are not as dark as the previous games, but it looks incredible. The attention to detail is astounding. There are many destructible environments and things to smash, and the physics engine makes this extremely over the top. There are massive wars, with masses of enemies fighting in the background, making it seem like an all out war. Speaking of enemies, there are much more of them in this game than it's predecessor. And they are much diverse and do many different things requiring more strategy than ever before. The boss fights are incredibly engaging and require good strategies to overcome. The story is also over the top. Top notch voice actors along with incredibly movie quality cut scenes is incredibly involved. I won't get into the story since the game just came out, but it is really good. This game goes above and beyond everything Diablo 2 did in every aspect. If you liked the first and second Diablo games, give this one a try, it's incredible.
  83. May 15, 2012
    Loving it so far, the game feels really big and dynamic. The increased incentive to explore the vast areas, (instead of grinding bosses) amplifies story and gameplay. The characters also seem much more alive and interesting this time around, with plenty of stories and dialog in between the smashing of endless hordes of demonspawn. The overall story arc can seem obvious, but such is a smallLoving it so far, the game feels really big and dynamic. The increased incentive to explore the vast areas, (instead of grinding bosses) amplifies story and gameplay. The characters also seem much more alive and interesting this time around, with plenty of stories and dialog in between the smashing of endless hordes of demonspawn. The overall story arc can seem obvious, but such is a small price to pay for a true successor to the diablo franchise. It is true that the game requires a constant internet connection to run, and this can of course be a problem. But such is reality, in order to support servers, and updates blizzard has chosen to create the real money auction house rather than rely on cheap ripoff sequels and in game commercialization. The always online part of the game is really to remove cheating in the game, this also serves to stop the constant spamming and selling of various artifacts by botfirms etc. that plagued diablo 2's online service. In conclusion, diablo 3 is definitely a game to play. Go play it! :D Expand
  84. May 19, 2012
    For the last 3 days I've been enjoying my life playing diablo 3 very much and simply couldn't think that people would trash talk this game. The most likely reason all these butthurt trash talking noobs are here complaining can be roughly simplified categorised into 2 reasons. 1. Internet connection/DRM/crappy telstra internet users that keep getting lagged out hence have to come on to thisFor the last 3 days I've been enjoying my life playing diablo 3 very much and simply couldn't think that people would trash talk this game. The most likely reason all these butthurt trash talking noobs are here complaining can be roughly simplified categorised into 2 reasons. 1. Internet connection/DRM/crappy telstra internet users that keep getting lagged out hence have to come on to this site to QQ hard.
    This is 2012. You are expected to have a decent internet working. 2. Bad game play, over simplification, genius people somehow linking diablo 3 to world of warcraft. If diablo 3 was exactly like diablo 2 what is the point of playing???? and how is world of warcraft got to with anything?
    in short all the people who rated this game with zero are either extremely mad and need to undergo anger management or just absolutely clueless people that need to learn how gaming work. Yeah i made this account to counter all you haters. Read my username, scoop up and chew some cement and harden up if you are just bad.
  85. May 19, 2012
    Why there are thousands of negative votes in metacritic, especially zero votes? Actually, its really simple;

-Lots of ''torrent players'' got hit in the face because they couldnt play the game like the ''real players'' did. Jealousy is a **** -They waited couple of hours to login and play. Hey, i waited patiently for 2 days because i love diablo not the ''i need to be the one who login

-They waited couple of hours to login and play. Hey, i waited patiently for 2 days because i love diablo not the ''i need to be the one who login first ''.

-Skill system, potion drops, short gameplay, normal is too easy... nothing is perfect, embrace it.

-''i want to be offline when im playing single player, bohoo''. Didnt you ever play mmorpgs? its just like that, only with diablo in it.

-And bs,bs,bs,bs...

Let me tell ya something my fellow ''real players'', dont hesitate, go buy the game. Its my 43th hour and im still looking under every root and every stone for 5 gold pieces. Dont listen to that hater mumbo jumbo, listen to you heart..(ohh, so damn cute)

(me sorry fo bed english;)
  86. May 20, 2012
    The game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play theThe game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play the game. I'd recommend this to everyone who likes to play a game where, co-op, single-player and pvp is mixed together into awesomeness. Remember guys this isn't Diablo 2, it's Diablo 3. Expand
  87. May 27, 2012
    Played both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to maturePlayed both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to mature and is looking really good. I'm on my Hell playthrough now and really it is starting to get interesting. No good game that I remember had a great start, give it some time it will iron itself out. Time will tell the story of Diablo 3, and in hindsight is the only way to rate it. 10/10 Expand
  88. Jun 21, 2012
    This game is actually around a 9/10 in my opinion but it's the least I can do counterweight the pointless review bombing this site experienced with all the zero score reviewers. The game overs a smooth polished action smash up, and I've thoroughly enjoyed 200+ hours now of gameplay with a group of 3 friends. Blizzard continues to produce patches which have been smoothing out the end gameThis game is actually around a 9/10 in my opinion but it's the least I can do counterweight the pointless review bombing this site experienced with all the zero score reviewers. The game overs a smooth polished action smash up, and I've thoroughly enjoyed 200+ hours now of gameplay with a group of 3 friends. Blizzard continues to produce patches which have been smoothing out the end game experience and are working to reward actually playing the game. I'm looking forward to having as many hours logged in D3 as I did in D2 and D1/Hellfire. Expand
  89. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a wonderful game, adding much of its own charm while staying true to the original feel of the previous 2 installments of the series. I've so far played for 5 hours, and the experience has been quite enjoyable.

first off, much of the bad reviews on this website are people bashing the launch, as the game must constantly be online, even while playing single player (the game does not allow offline or lan play). It did take me an hour and a half to get online, but, seeing as how this is an extremely popular game, it was to be expected. This game is amazing, and I'd recommend it to anyone, as it is easy to get into, but becomes a challenge as you progress. If you want to try it, go on reddit or a website like that and see if someone will give you a guest pass, or ask a friend.
  90. May 15, 2012
    this game rocks! There is some first day problems but the game is still awesome and will get just better and better!And people cant read that's why they have so much problem with the connecting to this game but if you follow the community you will have no problem with the game!
  91. May 15, 2012
    My god, these trolls. The game is fantastic. Apart from a few server hiccups, it plays very well. I'm looking forward to spending 7 more days playing this beast of a game.
  92. May 15, 2012
    One of the greatest games i've played in years. People complaining about the servers, I played most of the day on launch, servers were down for four hours. While this is unfortunate, i don't think it should have any baring on the rating of such a great game. 10/10. Oh and have played 6 hours now, still in Act 2, those who are buzzing through the game are ignoring everything there is toOne of the greatest games i've played in years. People complaining about the servers, I played most of the day on launch, servers were down for four hours. While this is unfortunate, i don't think it should have any baring on the rating of such a great game. 10/10. Oh and have played 6 hours now, still in Act 2, those who are buzzing through the game are ignoring everything there is to do. Great game. Expand
  93. May 15, 2012
    Judging this game based on launch drama is silly. In a year when people are looking to see how Diablo 3 is, they'll need to see real reviews.

This game is a lot of fun. I'm not a die-hard fan of the franchise, but I've played about 10 hours now and had a lot of fun doing it. The classes are fun, the missions are varied enough, and the story is great. I'd recommend this game a lot.
  94. May 26, 2012
    First off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out IFirst off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out I decided to try out the trial version by purchasing a guest pass on Ebay. After trying it out I decided to buy it immediately. They have outdone themselves with attention to detail, an endless array of monsters, animations, artwork, and an overall superior product to anything that has come out in many years. Not sure what all the complaints are about.. the game retains the intense atmosphere, writing and superb voice acting of its predecessors and creates a visually stunning experience which is also superb in the performance department. My computer is somewhat last generation and it runs on max settings at a steady 60 fps and only slows down when you are surrounded by an obscene amount of enemies on screen.. all with an amazing array of effects. Its truly a masterpiece. Expand
  95. May 18, 2012
    All you drama queens that have given this game a zero have clearly not played it past level 20. I'll admit, I originally gave it an average score due to the fact that while they seemed to get a lot of things right, the performance of the engine and dumbing down of the skill system seemed to be a problem. Well I was wrong about both, and so are you guys. Blizzard has nailed the DiabloAll you drama queens that have given this game a zero have clearly not played it past level 20. I'll admit, I originally gave it an average score due to the fact that while they seemed to get a lot of things right, the performance of the engine and dumbing down of the skill system seemed to be a problem. Well I was wrong about both, and so are you guys. Blizzard has nailed the Diablo experience and it is only getting better. For those of you considering whether to buy, just recognize that the haters are playing this game right now as we speak. Expand
  96. May 20, 2012
    Please don't listen to all the haters and people that can't understand that the DRM is there for 2 VERY VALID REASONS, the first to combat the horrible piracy that plagues PC gaming, the second to stop all the PITA dupers/cheaters/haxorz that plagued D2. Personally, I have no problem w/ it, Blizzard has every right to ensure they get paid for the product they created, and I would MUCHPlease don't listen to all the haters and people that can't understand that the DRM is there for 2 VERY VALID REASONS, the first to combat the horrible piracy that plagues PC gaming, the second to stop all the PITA dupers/cheaters/haxorz that plagued D2. Personally, I have no problem w/ it, Blizzard has every right to ensure they get paid for the product they created, and I would MUCH rather have this system than deal w/ all the cheaters that were in D2. As far as the game itself, I'm really enjoying it. They took the things that made Diablo 2 the great game that it was, removed all the erroneous bits that wasted peoples time and caused serious aggravation, and the resulting product is a game that is VERY fun to play that I look forward to playing for many, many hours. The graphics, while not breath-taking, are decent enough while still ensuring people w/ older and lower-end PC's can still play it. The gameplay is virtually the same that we all loved in D2, the ONLY difference is they took out the parts that weren't needed, and that I agree with (although a lot of people don't seem to). What they did, and what a lot of people aren't happy about, is they removed the stat allocation, which lets be honest, was pointless anyway b/c everyone knew what the best stats were, and ONLY put them there. The new stat system gives you the most points where your class needs them, and a few in the rest, it works well. The same w/ the talent-trees, they weren't really necessary b/c every class only had two viable builds anyway, which meant only a handful of available talents got used. The talent-trees were replaced w/ a Rune system, where each class has a bunch of skills to choose from, and then each skill has "runes" which are used to customize, and change how the skill works, and what it does. It's really not as "dumbed down" as people say, and honestly the only people that say that seem to be ones that haven't played the game, or played it without really giving it a chance.

TLDR/To sum it all up, the game is A LOT of FUN. If you even remotely enjoyed Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Torchlight, or any of the other ARPG's, do yourself a big favor and don't buy into all the hate out there and try the game out for yourself.
  97. May 28, 2012
    Maybe not as good as Diablo II & LoD but an excellent game anyway and i'm a hardcore fan !
    But i understand some critics by the players, game is easy in normal mode but there is some challenge in Nightmare mode. Drops are good (even if i never found a legendary drop). The game is done FOR the multiplayer.
  98. Aug 12, 2012
    Very good game.Nice graphics,true hack and slash game,great soundtrack.
    The always online thing didnt bothered me,except just one disconnect.
    Real money auction house is a great iea to deal with gold selling sites.
  99. Aug 16, 2012
    Dont let the fanboys fool you this is a great game although it does have its issues when it comes to endgame players, but you will have plenty of fun until then
  100. Aug 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is an bizarre experiment. I feel like I should learn financial maths and use a spreadsheet to manage it. But then you have the unpredicted drop or deal that changes everything. What do you remember from the two first opus? Addiction? Well it's still there. But the "buzz" is more volatile. The main fun thing for me is still the rune system which allows a lot of cool combinations.Diablo 3 is an bizarre experiment. I feel like I should learn financial maths and use a spreadsheet to manage it. But then you have the unpredicted drop or deal that changes everything. What do you remember from the two first opus? Addiction? Well it's still there. But the "buzz" is more volatile. The main fun thing for me is still the rune system which allows a lot of cool combinations. Some aren't just useful in inferno because you'll get your ass kicked, but in hell, yes, you can evolve your character in very distinct ways. A very very good value for me, and I don't have to divide 60$ by x hours played for that. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012