3.9

1. Jun 4, 2014
    Since I originally scored this game a 1 since I couldn't play it for weeks after I paid good money for it, I thought I would update my opinion of the game. I have played through a few times with each getting more difficult and it is a good game and runs smoothly. I don't play it anymore, but I got my time out of it. I liked the story the first run through. Games like this tend to getSince I originally scored this game a 1 since I couldn't play it for weeks after I paid good money for it, I thought I would update my opinion of the game. I have played through a few times with each getting more difficult and it is a good game and runs smoothly. I don't play it anymore, but I got my time out of it. I liked the story the first run through. Games like this tend to get repetitive, but the fact that I played through 3 times means its not terribly so (I usually don't replay games). Expand
  2. Mar 17, 2014
    Reduced my rating from 3 to 0. D3 no longer exists in it's original form. Blizzard killed the game with patch 2.0 for worse. All they needed to do was give us simple things like more acts/areas to play, events, etc, not revamp and facelift the entire game balance and mechanics. Barbarian class is garbage now, whilst Wizzard is godly. Main stats are on steroids, life steal buried, AHReduced my rating from 3 to 0. D3 no longer exists in it's original form. Blizzard killed the game with patch 2.0 for worse. All they needed to do was give us simple things like more acts/areas to play, events, etc, not revamp and facelift the entire game balance and mechanics. Barbarian class is garbage now, whilst Wizzard is godly. Main stats are on steroids, life steal buried, AH buried, BOA and no trading possible. PvP still doesn't exist as was promised >3 years ago. Blizzard/Activision is a garbage company still trying to ride on their past glories from decade ago. Expand
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    I have to update my review. Months after release and playing more than 200 hours as well as trying out the other Action RPG competitors, I am glad the direction that Diablo went in. Compared to the previous installment, they did streamline the game to not feel so "nuts and bolts." There are some things that this allows and prohibits. The one major downfall is that every character levels upI have to update my review. Months after release and playing more than 200 hours as well as trying out the other Action RPG competitors, I am glad the direction that Diablo went in. Compared to the previous installment, they did streamline the game to not feel so "nuts and bolts." There are some things that this allows and prohibits. The one major downfall is that every character levels up the same. This limits the dynamics of the characters. Once you have a Barbarian or Demon Hunter already created, creating another is superfluous. However, it allows for a focus on skills and skill selection. Also, there are options to test different builds to one you like. Attributes are automatically distributed when you level, so the game becomes a little more results based.

The drop rates are way better than months ago and Inferno difficulty is manageable than there were even 6 months ago.

Multiplayer can be fun and as time went on, there are more options for those that don't participate. Patch 1.08 will enhance the benefits of multiplayer more.

The RMAH was a bad idea and is now recognized as a bad idea by Blizzard. The auction house can be nice sometimes to open up different options. There is a sense of community that I don't see with the competitors with the online DRM, auction house, multiplayer etc. that I like, but most find these to be the greatest detriments to the game or the areas that need the most improvement.

Unlike many games, this game is continually updated and revised. I've put countless hours into this game. It is a wonderful value since it requires no additional costs.
  4. May 15, 2012
    Overall solid game, lot of day 1 issues however but this is usually the case with Blizzard releases. Combat is good from what I've seen, feels meaty and very enjoyable. Game particularly shines while playing online, games are easy to find and what I have seen so far of the community is good.

Always online DRM though is the major issue, single player game lag just shouldn't happen. I am aware it's done to stop item cheats since "items = real money" but it's still annoying as all hell. This will pass as launch hype fades but I am not a fan of always online single player, it's a joke.
  5. May 23, 2012
    First, all these people that think games are either 0's or 10's need to realize you are not helping the industry...not one bit. You want to keep seeing games get made? Give an honest assessment and leave the black or white mentality at home. All or nothing is out.

This is a very well made game. It is responsive, looks good, plays well together, and mostly intelligent AI. The game is just fun to play. It mixes things up just enough to make you want to play again. Just for being a fun title it gets good marks as that is the primary focus of a game....being fun.

The graphics are well made as well. They are high enough to look good for the perspective you are playing as well as keeping the game available to a variety of machines. PC gamers claim that they have better graphics capability and this is true. The problem is the disparity in systems. An Xbox is an Xbox. There are very few differences except in hard drive space. They are made (some with different hardware) to play at a specified efficiency and so the developer can target that making the game as efficient as possible. PCs are a different bag and you have to tone things down to get a larger market share. It's just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future.

This is a game that has it all. There are a few annoyances like the music, while well done, is not really something that gets your blood pumping to fight demons when a huge battle is going on. The graphics are fine. The fun is high. The controls are responsive and well done. The skill tree is fine as well. Keep giving those 0s for no reason. It's like stabbing your friend in the chest for giving you something enjoyable. See if you get something again.
  6. May 24, 2012
    Exactly what I wanted out of a Diablo game. Loot. Monsters. Lots of them. The graphics are gorgeous - the whole game has a sort of painterly feel to it - as if I'm part of a dark gothic themed painting by an fantasy artist. The mechanics of the game work well, finally, it doesn't expect me to reroll my character if I misclick - and lets be honest, there was no customisation in 1 to 2Exactly what I wanted out of a Diablo game. Loot. Monsters. Lots of them. The graphics are gorgeous - the whole game has a sort of painterly feel to it - as if I'm part of a dark gothic themed painting by an fantasy artist. The mechanics of the game work well, finally, it doesn't expect me to reroll my character if I misclick - and lets be honest, there was no customisation in 1 to 2 builds per class. D3 encourages experimentation, and in general - fun. The new random "Events" are a great deal of fun, and I'm hoping Blizzard will add more in future patches or expansions - and I do hope there will be a lot of them, in the time come come. This game is what I wanted out of Diablo 3 - An evolution of the series, a modern take on what made Diablo 2 great - Not a carbon copy of D2. If you want D2 all over again, this is not for you - If, however you want Diablo *3*, this is your game. Because it is truly worthy of that title. An evolution, just like D2 was compared to D1. Rock on, Blizzard. Expand
  7. May 16, 2012
    Launch is still messy but great game overall. superior to any action RPG i have played to date. Would def recommend to all my friends who own a pc.
  8. May 22, 2012
    It's a great game. Don't let the whiners fool you. They are reviewing Blizzard instead of Diablo III. The game doesn't feel as atmospheric as Diablo II did, but it certainly hit the gameplay mark just fine. The story is on the weak side, the dialogue even weaker at times, but the inclusion of lore from previous games and active narration that doesn't make you quit playing is a nice touch.It's a great game. Don't let the whiners fool you. They are reviewing Blizzard instead of Diablo III. The game doesn't feel as atmospheric as Diablo II did, but it certainly hit the gameplay mark just fine. The story is on the weak side, the dialogue even weaker at times, but the inclusion of lore from previous games and active narration that doesn't make you quit playing is a nice touch. I do wish that the lore entries on enemies were narrated by your chosen character class rather than two characters who never spoke to you about them before (Cain and Abn al-Hazir), but it isn't game breaking. As for gameplay, I want to express that I after almost 17 hours of play I have not been bored one second. I have only just reached Act III, and being one who has to explore every nook and cranny of the map I feel qualified to say that even on the too-easy starting difficulty I've had a lot of fun and great moments. There is nothing like being surrounded by enemies, pulling them in with Ground Stomp, and slaying 41 enemies in one blow with Revenge. I like the graphics and, unlike some, feel that photorealism does not serve the gameplay experience in overhead games. Our point of view is already removed from reality. If it were first person like, say, Skyrim, then we have a reason for photorealism. But here, we do not. The characters do not look cartoonish to me as some have complained. The hand-painted environments, however, should have looked a bit less hand-painted.

I have only played extensively with the Barbarian class thus far, and I love it. The skill sets feel awkward to pull off given the action bar/mouse button combo, but the abilities themselves make for truly awesome moments of epic destruction. Using Ground Stomp with a Wrenching Smash rune in conjunction with a Mountain's Call-runed Earthquake ability leads to almost instant kills of large numbers of mobs. Combine that with Whirlwind when facing more powerful monsters and you've got some serious win. Not particularly necessary on Normal difficulty, but I am quite fond of the tactic so sue me.

The music is okay. I enjoy the gothic tones of the previous games which helped create a sense of loneliness. I've yet to hear the famous Tristram theme, one of my all time favorite pieces, and it's strange absence takes away from the game.

Overall, though, despite the shortcomings, the game has yet to fail me. I love hack and slash, I love that there is a story present, and that we are getting some loose story ends tied up here in this semi-finale for the series' legendary arc. Again, don't let the whiners fool you. It's a game, and it entertains immensely.
  9. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 12 years... Blizzard... seriously? Thats all what you done for 12 years? Starcraft 2 - just starcraft 1 with 3D.
    Diablo 3 - diablo 2 with 3D and without RPG, just grinding.
    10 hours for first difficult, and thats your 12 years of development?
    Score of game is 6.5/10. But its for 1year project. OH GOD SO MUCH ANGRY INSIDE.
  10. May 21, 2012
    Great game. I was really worried about Blizz efforts to make this game stand out and improve upon the predecessor. But they didn't fail. Suprisingly the new environmental mechanics proved to be extremely fun. Classes are varied and interesting. Story is detailed and captivating. I think I would still prefer talent trees to this strange skill slot sytem, but it is not that big of a deal.Great game. I was really worried about Blizz efforts to make this game stand out and improve upon the predecessor. But they didn't fail. Suprisingly the new environmental mechanics proved to be extremely fun. Classes are varied and interesting. Story is detailed and captivating. I think I would still prefer talent trees to this strange skill slot sytem, but it is not that big of a deal. One thing I don't like is that I can't play singleplayer due to online server maintanance. But I guess this is the price of living in our times. Generally - really cool game, Blizzard delivered once again, I would recommend this to any hack'n'slash and rpg fun. Expand
  11. May 15, 2012
    The reviews: I'll point out two things. 1) Many of the 0's are the same talking points in the same order. 2) A third of the 0's complain that D3 is the same as D2, while another third complain that D3 is nothing at all like D2.
    The game: immersive, well-designed hack-n-slash. The skill system is now a "loadout" like Bastion: all are available but you have to pick the set you're playing with for now. Every skill as 6 variants so there are limitless builds to every character. Different builds play well for single target vs. groups, survival vs. glass cannon, or single player vs. co-op -- not to mention your own playstyle! Do you like to jump around or kill as things come to you? Do you prefer the challenge of starting weaker but building up big buffs over time, or consistent DPS with giant nukes on cooldown? Hardcore mode is there for folks who don't like the casual experience of resurrecting at checkpoints.
  12. May 17, 2012
    They've done it again. Regardless of the game being streamlined, it has been streamlined to perfection.All conventional game elements are still there, albeit in a bit more different form. The streamlined mechanics not only provide a great foundation for itemization, but they also offer more variety in character building than pre-LoD Diablo 2 for example.
  13. May 15, 2012
    Been able to play fine since I sat down a few hours ago. The game play is really smooth and rewarding. The graphics are great and the sound is awesome.
  14. May 15, 2012
    I just beat the game in about 12 hours. Going relative speed.
    THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT NORMAL MODE, NOT HARDER DIFFICULTY!
    I played Monk, loved it! The normal mode is very easy once you get the hang of it. Had some troubles with some parts and died a few times. Going to kep this as biased as possible. Storywise, I found the game extremely pleasing. Very dark, unforgiving story that ends in a
    I just beat the game in about 12 hours. Going relative speed.
    THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT NORMAL MODE, NOT HARDER DIFFICULTY!
    Storywise, I found the game extremely pleasing. Very dark, unforgiving story that ends in a very pleasing manner. Some voice acting is a bit off aswell as some bosses spamming the same line 3-4 times during a fight.
    Gameplaywise I think it was very well done, took some time getting used to, keybinds have to be changed from blizzard defaults though.
    Bosses were fun, not very hard at normal difficulty, but fun. Having to actually think about it and dodge things and use different skills. Also I found that if I thought in advance of what skills to take into certain bosses I had more fun with it, changing specs every now and again. Kept things feeling really new.
    I didn't really feel that changing skills in the middle of combat was possible :D Maybe it's just me, or then it's intended that way, didn't see it as a big issue though. Might have been overpowered that way.
    Monk as a class is extremely versatile, you can be a tankish, healer supportish or damage... Heck! Even all of the above! So playing solo will be no problem, as well as being a huge addition to any team.
    I don't know how the content scales at higher levels since I played through it solo and only did groups with friends when servers were down from lvls 1-15, seemed to scale well enough though.
    One major problem with this game in my opinion is that it seems a bit too casual friendly in the way that dieing is no big deal. A lot of checkpoints and only getting -10% durability to items is absolutely nothing. Also I don't seem to have anything to use my money on, other that leveling smithing (which you do with nothing but money). It didn't feel very rewarding pressing a button that said PRESS HERE TO LEVEL SMITHING (7000 gold) to learn a few new items.
    TL;DR Awesome game, very minor flaws. Storyline good, Gameplay good. Voice acting was meh at some parts but mostly good too.
  15. May 15, 2012
    I dont see why everyone is giving this game negative reviews. People are complaining about not being able to connect to the servers but i am not having any trouble at all. I just played for over an hour and didnt encounter a single problem with the game or the server connection. My guess is these people are complaining about trying to connect to multiplayer which seriously what did youI dont see why everyone is giving this game negative reviews. People are complaining about not being able to connect to the servers but i am not having any trouble at all. I just played for over an hour and didnt encounter a single problem with the game or the server connection. My guess is these people are complaining about trying to connect to multiplayer which seriously what did you expect on launch day. A few million people are trying to connect to the multiplayer servers all at once did you really expect them to not crash every once and a while? If you just give the game a week or so the servers will empty out and the problems that everybody is having with the game will disappear. So stop giving the game a 0/10 just because you are pissed off that you cant connect to multiplayer; single player is fun as hell. Enjoy the game and stop ruining the rating just because you are angry. Expand
  16. May 15, 2012
    Fantastic sequel to a great series. Highly expected launch problems but the actual quality of the game is great. If you have difficulty connecting just wait a couple days. Sure it's an inconvenience but the game is phenomenal.
  17. May 15, 2012
    This is review is only to off set all of the 0-2 if you gave Diablo 3 that score you seem to be pissed off about one of three things.

1. DRM- I know its annoying and I can understand that but is that really the only reason a game deserves a bad score? 2. I Can't Log In- Like everybody else has said 2 million people enough said. 3. It is not the same as Diablo 2- This game is not

2. I Can't Log In- Like everybody else has said 2 million people enough said.

3. It is not the same as Diablo 2- This game is not Diablo 2 that is why its called Diablo 3 not Diablo 2.2
  18. May 15, 2012
    DRM is frustrating..yes. Can it be prohibitive, yes. Is it necessary, well, some say yes, and some say no. As a PC Gamer, we value our rights, and I respect that. But don't review bomb Blizzard and Diablo 3. I commend the devs at Bliz. What an unbelievable challenge to make a game after masterpieces like D1 & 2. Beautifully crafted, well designed, great lore, concept, loot,DRM is frustrating..yes. Can it be prohibitive, yes. Is it necessary, well, some say yes, and some say no. As a PC Gamer, we value our rights, and I respect that. But don't review bomb Blizzard and Diablo 3. I commend the devs at Bliz. What an unbelievable challenge to make a game after masterpieces like D1 & 2. Beautifully crafted, well designed, great lore, concept, loot, etc...You made this long time gamer very happy when a release date was announced, and now the final product is at home and installed. I just want to say you earned a well deserved Thank You! Expand
  19. May 15, 2012
    Just because this is DRM it doesnt mean that this game is bad. The Graphics are nice and the story is deep. Blizzard also did acknowledge that they would have issues and whatnot. Every game has issues and whatnot if you cant deal with it then dont waste your money. As for me i think game is great despite the small bugs. I didn't waste my money and for some other reviewers i hope you knowJust because this is DRM it doesnt mean that this game is bad. The Graphics are nice and the story is deep. Blizzard also did acknowledge that they would have issues and whatnot. Every game has issues and whatnot if you cant deal with it then dont waste your money. As for me i think game is great despite the small bugs. I didn't waste my money and for some other reviewers i hope you know this is RPG not a FPS and Blizzard isn't dead. Expand
  20. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 has fallen victim of his own success with the server not being able to handle the enormous amount of players trying to play on release day. The game in itself is the best Hack n' slash dungeon crawler ever made bar none, it's a huge improvement over D2. While the graphics are not super top notch, the particle effects and amount of monsters on screen makes up for it. TheDiablo 3 has fallen victim of his own success with the server not being able to handle the enormous amount of players trying to play on release day. The game in itself is the best Hack n' slash dungeon crawler ever made bar none, it's a huge improvement over D2. While the graphics are not super top notch, the particle effects and amount of monsters on screen makes up for it. The replayability for this game is astonishing, with 5 classes to play up to level 60 and 4 difficulty to unlock for each of them. And you also have the hardcore mode for even more longevity and challenges. All the maps, encounters, items, etc... are generated randomly every time you start the game no matter where you are makes this game really fun because you never know what to expect from it. I despise all the reviews in here because they are mostly form idiot who thought they were playing a new MMO and have no clue what D1 or D2 games are. Expand
  21. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game. Tons of things to do and awesome art direction. Aside from launch day server issues every online game has, this game is near perfect. Don't be put off by the people complaining about Korean speed runners beating the TUTORIAL DIFFICULTY in 2 hours.
  22. Psm
    May 15, 2012
    This game is amazing! I haven't gotten too far past where the beta ends so this isn't a full review, but what I've experienced deserves a 10. If something comes up that I don't like, I'll fix my score.
  23. May 15, 2012
    Pretty solid game. Aside from the obvious release day server problems that apparently tons of people had no idea were inevitable because they've never played an online game before, everything is top notch. The game is fast paced and fun. Anyone who has played Diablo 2 would know that the bulk of the game starts on the hardest difficulty. Don't be put off by people crying about KoreansPretty solid game. Aside from the obvious release day server problems that apparently tons of people had no idea were inevitable because they've never played an online game before, everything is top notch. The game is fast paced and fun. Anyone who has played Diablo 2 would know that the bulk of the game starts on the hardest difficulty. Don't be put off by people crying about Koreans beating the easiest difficulty in 2 hours. As far as I can tell no one has beaten inferno yet Expand
  24. May 15, 2012
    I haven't had this much fun playing a game since Diablo II came out. After playing for several hours, I really can't complain about much. I haven't ran into a single bug myself, which is rather incredible for a game that just came out, though bugs do exist. I can't really think of any ways to make the game better. It's incredibly fun and addicting. They did a great job with this one. I'llI haven't had this much fun playing a game since Diablo II came out. After playing for several hours, I really can't complain about much. I haven't ran into a single bug myself, which is rather incredible for a game that just came out, though bugs do exist. I can't really think of any ways to make the game better. It's incredibly fun and addicting. They did a great job with this one. I'll probably be playing this game for many, many years to come.

Also, why are people reviewing this game that haven't even played? Regardless of how good/bad you think it is, nobody cares about reviews from someone that hasn't played the game.
  25. May 15, 2012
    Yes, the launch was a little shaky at 3am, and yes, that should have been fixed. But now that the game is running smoothly, it is every bit as enjoyable as the older entries in the series. A delightful dungeon crawl.
  26. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has done it again! As much of a succes as Starcraft II.
    Nice job Blizzard, you again have succeeded in making a game that has a superb production quality.
    It's incredible that one has to pay the same amount of money for a game like this, than for a game like Duke Nukem
  27. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard make impossible thing. Diablo 2 was one of the best games but Diablo 3 surely much better.
    Free builds, in-game lore explanation, story. This game will take all my free time in the near future. Going to take vacation at work to play more
  28. May 15, 2012
    This game is perfect in very aspect, the cinematics are incredible the graphics are amazing , its the best hack'n'slash of all time, try it and you will love it
  29. May 15, 2012
    Connection issues suck but they are a very temporary issue. Core game play is solid and everything we have come to expect in the Diablo franchise. Way to go Blizzard, good job.
  30. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game!! People need to stop crying that they can't get on been playing it for 4 hours now its incredibly fun, good graphics amazing sound and the combat is fun and challenging, already compiled some cool rare items and look forward to more treasure hunting :D
  31. May 15, 2012
    I know the connection issues and "37 error" are sucks. But Blizzard is working on it too now. Let's just give them some times. The Game is really good and satisfying though.

Just waiting for 1 or 2 days to play this amazing game will worth it.
  32. May 15, 2012
    This is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune systemThis is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune system from 2. The graphics engine is dated and inefficient, I wish they had put little more time into exploiting the high end hardware and maybe even DX11 support. I you Like DIablo 2 and Torchlight, you will love this. Expand
  33. May 15, 2012
    Game's fun as **** Played through Act 1 with 2 friends, taking it kinda slow it took us about 3 hours, but people have work so we'll be starting up again later this evening - can't wait to get back into it!
  34. May 15, 2012
    The game is perfect. All the flaws the first 2 diablo games had are now gone! Yes it might have become a little for casual but it still is to the hardcore players. All those 0 are just from all the ragers that judge a game by its connection on the first day of launch! If they have never played a game, almost all games have connection problems on day one. Now the servers are fine, soThe game is perfect. All the flaws the first 2 diablo games had are now gone! Yes it might have become a little for casual but it still is to the hardcore players. All those 0 are just from all the ragers that judge a game by its connection on the first day of launch! If they have never played a game, almost all games have connection problems on day one. Now the servers are fine, so go,play and then rate! Expand
  35. May 16, 2012
    Despite an initial hiccup with the login/game servers and a few bugs here and there, Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to the series. The graphics are better than on-par for 2012, the skills are creative, the classes astounding, and the storyline entertaining.
  36. May 15, 2012
    Played beta enjoyed the hell out of it, the full game is fantastic.
    I don't understand how people can post scores of 0/10 because they have had errors.
    The graphics, sound and physics/animation are all fantastic.The difficulty is definitely there once you're above level 15 and playing in hardcore mode.
  37. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game, very fun gameplay, beautiful graphics and much more. The only downside is the login errors, but they are only temporary since the game just launched, something many people here fail to understand.
  38. May 15, 2012
    Truly awesome game! Spent most of the morning playing. The game is not super difficult at first, but as soon as you get into hardcore it gets a lot tougher. I am also eagerly awaiting PVP!
  39. May 15, 2012
    This game is plenty fun once you get in, It's engaging, the combat is great, at least as a monk, and the story keeps you intrigued. To all the people who are complaining about not being able to play: Come on, seriously? This isn't the first time this has happened, and it's not the last. You know better than to give a game a negative score just because of the launch day rush. If you'reThis game is plenty fun once you get in, It's engaging, the combat is great, at least as a monk, and the story keeps you intrigued. To all the people who are complaining about not being able to play: Come on, seriously? This isn't the first time this has happened, and it's not the last. You know better than to give a game a negative score just because of the launch day rush. If you're using the beta as a standpoint, not everyone got in. Not everyone had time to do it. Some people would prefer to not play the beta at all just so they didn't spoil the game itself. The game itself isn't any less fun because you can't play it at that exact moment. I know how frustrating it is not being able to play, but seriously. Stop acting like kids about this, you've all been through several releases on the PC - How many didn't have this sort of problem? Expand
  40. JBZ
    May 15, 2012
    No review mad this early in the game's release is going to be reasonable or fair, so here's my anecdotal review to offset all the ridiculous negative ones. Logged in right at release, had no lag or problems whatsoever, and what I got to in the game was amazing. Definitely worth the wait.
  41. May 15, 2012
    I played the closed beta for months before the game. At least a 100 hours worth of play time. Let me tell you the game is excellent as far as content goes. User interface is great though I did not like it at first. This is an improvement from D2 which I also still play. DRM issues are basically a pointless argument. While I understand people want to play it offline, the fact is theI played the closed beta for months before the game. At least a 100 hours worth of play time. Let me tell you the game is excellent as far as content goes. User interface is great though I did not like it at first. This is an improvement from D2 which I also still play. DRM issues are basically a pointless argument. While I understand people want to play it offline, the fact is the description of system requirements clearly states internet connection required. If you didn't read it quit blaming Blizzard or anyone else for your mistake. There was such a problem in D2 with hacks and dupes and people selling ingame content for money that Blizz instituted a MUCH needed DRM requirement and no single player ability in efforts to reduce hacking and duping. Server side issues will be adressed in terms of connection. Actually they already were somewhat at 10am this morning on day one of play. That is a company that supports its products fixing an unforseen condition within 10 hours of game launch here in the USA. Great game Blizzard. Expand
  42. May 15, 2012
    Best game Ever!!!. i have been playing for 6 hours and now i'm in college, i want to play it NOW lol. i am loving the WD. The story is so much better than D1 and D2(ive only played 6 hours but its awesome so far!)
    i love the WD attacks they are all so visceral!
  43. May 15, 2012
    This game is probably the best ever. It's basically like minecraft, but you don't have to interact with blocks, you just click mobs and they drop items. View is top down instead of first person also. And you don't really have to click mobs to drop items, because you can buy all items in online shop for real money.

The game has its share of weak points, like being short, repeating,

The game has its share of weak points, like being short, repeating, graphics being kinda obsolette - NEVERMIND THIS, it's Blizzard game, so it's the best ever. 10/10
  44. May 15, 2012
    Great game: everything I expected and more. No problems logging from Europe in the early morning of today. Stop ranting about day one errors please... just judge the game.
  45. May 20, 2012
    This game is amazingly fun. It's too bad that so many people gave it bad reviews simply because of connection issues. Just listen to the critics on this one.
  46. May 17, 2012
    Latency issues and login errors almost stopped after 30 minutes of the release, and all servers are stable right now, stop trolling guys, no one in the right mind checks MC user reviews due to guys like you, the game definitely doesn't deserve 0 just because you couldn't log in for 15 minutes
  47. May 20, 2012
    Orrible drm ruined this game... WAY TO GO BLIZZARD
  48. May 16, 2012
    i somehow managed $60 and grab a copy of what i was waiting for long.
    f*** the drm, i can't play because of Blizzard dumbness and greed.... die you.
    its a big disappointment , even single player don't have offline mode. what the f*** they were polishing and stress testing.
    ridiculous it is.
  49. May 23, 2012
    I just finished my first play through and enjoyed it alot. Now, playing on nightmare and still very much enjoying the game. Not sure why so many 0/10. I definately disaggree with that. I think the game deserves a 7.5-8 out of 10, but not 0. I've given it a 10/10 due to the unfair amount of 0s given here.
  50. May 15, 2012
    Play the game slowly and take in all the details of the game. I've been playing for 12 hours and nearing the end of act 2 just because I have taken the time to do other things rather than race to the finish line.

I believe this lives up to the expectations of diablo 2 lod and i give it a 9.
  51. May 17, 2012
    Did everyone really forget what diablo was all about ?

I read some of the reviews and sadly I see that people were expecting skyrim with the story of diablo ! that is just not diablo !!! Diablo 3 is simply a better looking version of diablo 2 with different character classes an loots. Ok some of the systems are very different but they are not bad ! (ps. the fact that you can change the
    Did everyone really forget what diablo was all about ?

Diablo 3 is simply a better looking version of diablo 2 with different character classes an loots. Ok some of the systems are very different but they are not bad ! (ps. the fact that you can change the skills of the your character does not mean less customisation ! eg some skills are not for me and I will never use them wile a lot of people will think the other way around.),
    Music of the game is awsome,
    The graphics are not cutting edge but the game looks beatiful.
    cutting through packs of enemys is still soooo much satisfying.
    there is 10s of skils for every class with runes for an extra twist, that takes repetition out of the question for me !
    Items look good and detailed with a lot of variety,
    Thats all I wanted from this game and I got them all !
  52. May 16, 2012
    This is a fantastic game with a minor bug at launch that stopped some people from getting online May15th on the American servers.
    No reason for everyone to spam down the rating on what will be rpg game of the year.
    The depth of skills and runes make a wonder symbiosis. the graphics are beautiful. and run easily on almost any PC. Best part is that the developers aren't close to being done.
    The depth of skills and runes make a wonder symbiosis.
    the graphics are beautiful. and run easily on almost any PC.
    Best part is that the developers aren't close to being done. this game will only get better. For me that will change my 9/10 to a 10/10, there is no monthly subscription to this online game. No in game ads to help off set this either.
  53. May 17, 2012
    Despite my night (three, actually) of condemning Blizzard with a slew of profanities, I have waited until a nice full day or two of play to actually provide a review. While the server errors are certainly noteworthy, I have not let it affect the review of Diablo III itself. If anything, the server issues, bugs and delays are a harsh reflection of Blizzard's lack of foresight and wisdomDespite my night (three, actually) of condemning Blizzard with a slew of profanities, I have waited until a nice full day or two of play to actually provide a review. While the server errors are certainly noteworthy, I have not let it affect the review of Diablo III itself. If anything, the server issues, bugs and delays are a harsh reflection of Blizzard's lack of foresight and wisdom regarding its preparation for a massive game such as this; this is especially poignant, given their experience with World of Warcraft and, more recently, Starcraft II.

All that being said, please consider the following: the GAME of Diablo III is nothing short of great. Initially, upon playing the beta, I thought Blizzard was tossing the customization that I loved from D2 out the window. This is not the case. Rather, the customization has been reallocated through different mechanisms, namely skill Runes and gems. My other concern was how brutally easy Normal mode felt as the Demon Hunter (the class I chose for the Beta). Granted, Normal mode is somewhat easy early on and through its entirety, but it soon becomes clear that Normal is like the training grounds, preparation for once you hit Nightmare mode. Also, being as a play a Wizard now... the enemies hurt me.

Despite the ease in Normal mode, Diablo III nevertheless provides both a competent and enjoyable variety of enemy types: from the Vortex subtypes who, after a short moment of deciding they hate fighting you from a distance abruptly teleport you, against your will, in front of them; whereas the Jailers decide "screw this cat and mouse game" and hold you stationary in a prism of red light; and then there are the Wallers who literally create walls of earth to trap you in their path of destruction. I should add that, as a Wizard, I REALLY dislike the Wallers.

I want to redirect my jumbled rant to the Skills section. Those of us who remember Diablo II fondly also remember that utilizing builds was all about two skills and spamming potions to beat the game. The best builds, which became the only type of builds played for most people in the golden years of Diablo, emphasized two skills utilized through very specific archetypes. This is not the case in Diablo III. The game creator himself emphasized the focus on creating a massive amount of viable builds in comparison to a narrow field of optimal builds. Whereas in Diablo II we could only equip two skills at once, D3 allows us to use up to six at once. Because of this, there is a myriad of possible play-styles waiting to be uncovered. Furthermore, the option to select skill runes (there are several per skill) develops a sense of variety, both graphically and tactically. This ranges from splitting my Magic Missile into three in order to hit more enemies for less damage to altering my powerful arcane orb ( a slow moving projectile that explodes for heavy damage) into four small orbs that surround me and detonate when an enemy closes the gap between us.

Expanding further on my point of customization, I wanted to address stat point allocation. This is a concept that fans of Diablo II will remember and, as you can see from the massive number of negative reviews, lament no longer having in D3. The stats themselves are still there but, more importantly, are improved upon so that we can all have an understanding as to what they do. Some people seem to think that the lack of point allocation means Blizzard abandoned customization. This is not true. Rather, stat modification is now heavily equipment reliant. For example: two magical helmets drop as loot. Helmet A will provide me +11 Dexterity but has less raw armor value than Helmet B. Helmet B actually has a few more points of raw armor but, rather than adding dexterity, it adds +9 Intelligence. As a Wizard, I have a few things to consider, regarding how I want to play. Despite the lower armor value of Helmet A, the +11 Dexterity increases my dodge capability, actually improving my defense over Helmet B. Helmet B, however, forgoes that increase of defense by boosting my Intelligence which, for a Wizard, will increase my damage output.

Taking such choices into consideration and weighing in my skills/rune selections easily creates a variety of viable builds. If I wanted to play a more defense Wizard build, I will pick skills such as Diamond Skin with a rune to increase the damage it absorbs, Arcane Orb with a rune that makes four smaller ones surround me to blow up on close proximity attackers, Mirror Image to make it harder to find me and Energy Tornado as my primary attack. By that same token, I could forgo my defensive tactics somewhat and play more of a "burn everything down" attacker by choosing Disintegrate, Fire Hydra, Explosive Rune and using Slow Time as my only real escape/utility spell.

Diablo III takes a decade of gaming education and uses it to rework a wonderful franchise, which can be seen if you take the time to explore its nuances.
  54. May 18, 2012
    Guess what? I had connection issues. Big deal. I got the play the game for a solid 4 hours before it hit, and I'lI say this: As an ardent diablo player, I am not disapointed. Immensely fun, GREAT graphics when run at highest settings, and huge replay value. Story could be a bit better, but im satisfied with the amount of voice acting. Every single reveiw I've seen conradicts the game IGuess what? I had connection issues. Big deal. I got the play the game for a solid 4 hours before it hit, and I'lI say this: As an ardent diablo player, I am not disapointed. Immensely fun, GREAT graphics when run at highest settings, and huge replay value. Story could be a bit better, but im satisfied with the amount of voice acting. Every single reveiw I've seen conradicts the game I have played, which makes me wonder who actually played it and who is just raging. Expand
  55. May 15, 2012
    To all those unsure about buying the game; it's more then worth it .The only reason I'm giving it a nine is because there's no offline mode, which is kind of irritating. The graphics aren't mind-blowing, but they suit the game well. Other then that, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Most of the people here are bombing the game's score because Blizzard's servers are havingTo all those unsure about buying the game; it's more then worth it .The only reason I'm giving it a nine is because there's no offline mode, which is kind of irritating. The graphics aren't mind-blowing, but they suit the game well. Other then that, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Most of the people here are bombing the game's score because Blizzard's servers are having problems, which is probably the least surprising thing in the world; a game that's been hotly anticipated for over ten years has server problems on it's launch day?! What a frikin' shock! But in all seriousness, don't listen to them. I've been playing for only about 4 hours now, but it's amazing. The Demon Hunter class is supremely awesome, and I think that most people will enjoy this game, without having the biased opinion of those who think the fact that the servers are slow is a cause to flame this game with bad reviews. Expand
  56. May 16, 2012
    Super game! really i'm playing it and never enjoyed a game like so.
    Graphic superb, enviroment incredible, nice and passionate story.
    Yes i miss putting point directly on my skill, but the new way to control skills and abilities is fun!
    King of Hack'n slash no more words!
  57. May 16, 2012
    I don't know how people could not enjoy this game if they liked Diablo II. This game takes everything great about that game and makes for a very fun experience. Even though it might have had some issues on release with servers, that doesn't make the game worse. It is a very fast-paced game that really draws you in, in a way that I think is better than its prequel. Skills are mapped to keysI don't know how people could not enjoy this game if they liked Diablo II. This game takes everything great about that game and makes for a very fun experience. Even though it might have had some issues on release with servers, that doesn't make the game worse. It is a very fast-paced game that really draws you in, in a way that I think is better than its prequel. Skills are mapped to keys to make them very easy to use, and the new potion/town portal system makes for combat that is very fast-paced, dynamic, and non-stop. Whereas in Diablo II sometimes there was too much prolonged battles where you had to go use town portals and go back to town to restock several times, this combat system is more smooth and great. Also, inventory management is easier and more streamlined, which is great. Overall, a great game that has improved on its predecessors in just about every way. And with the skill choices, the higher level you are, the more great choices you can make in regards to what kind of skill combinations you want to use. This makes for a great way to build the kind of character you want, and nothing to complain about. People that talk it down this game wanted just a carbon copy of diablo II, and while that was a great game, I'm glad that Blizzard changed it up with the release of this game. Some people can't take change, but this game is very polished and fun, definitely a change for the better. Expand
  58. May 17, 2012
    dis considering all the server problems ALL games from blizzard with no exception has on its launch, the game itself is pretty amazing and a good sequence to the best seller diablo2. I must say i didn't like the skills system so much but kinda getting used to it. As it precursors the game is very addictive and the multiplayer experience is beyond fun. I know there are lots of similar gamesdis considering all the server problems ALL games from blizzard with no exception has on its launch, the game itself is pretty amazing and a good sequence to the best seller diablo2. I must say i didn't like the skills system so much but kinda getting used to it. As it precursors the game is very addictive and the multiplayer experience is beyond fun. I know there are lots of similar games around (like tourchlight) but this is diablo! there's no better on the genre period. Expand
  59. May 18, 2012
    I've been playing diablo since first part. I want to say that my expectations were met, the atmosphere is preserved, the gameplay has undergone significant improvements, design, music-all at an altitude! Can be long to enumerate the advantages of this game, but for me the main thing is whether you want to play or not and Diablo3 is definitely want to play.
  60. May 18, 2012
    Dianlo 3 is actually turned out to be a fun game to play with some friends. Needless to say the game focuses on the coop experience. The mechanics are nice, the gameplay is fun and the story is also quite decent. So yes you should definetly pick this game up, if you are interested in some good old coop fun.
    So that is all i gotta say? Nope.
    So there have been some Statements here which are
    So that is all i gotta say? Nope.
    So there have been some Statements here which are just blitantly dumb. So I will pick up some of these to actually prove them wrong:

Statement 1: The game is casual, therefore it is bad.
    Answer: Ok so the game is pretty much easy to access. Well so why would you say it is bad? Tetris is on e of the most casual Games out there and everyone loved it! I do not see any problem with a game being easy accessible and still being a good game.

Statement 2: No character Customization.
    Answer: Totally wrong. Everyone is just whining about the fact that Blizzard decided to not go with the Skilltree system. Runes which can be attached to your Skills can actually change the way your skills work and therefore provide a wide range of playing styles. I found myself not knowing what combinations to choose, because there were to fricking many! By the way: Everyone who was deeply in love with the Skilltree system Diablo 2 offered should take of their Retro-goggles. Actually 70% of the Skills were either useless or not involved in any build. It was the most efficient to just skill down one path in order to dish out as many damage as possible. Synergy was all that counted.

Statement 3: Diablo 3 is Pay2Win.
    Answer: Oh.. my... God. Would anyone please tell how the hell you can win a game that is focused around cooperative gameplay?! All that the RMAH is actually trying to prevent is that People will sell Items via ebay for high prices. That was by the way the case with Diablo 2 (you could buy runes and hellfire torches online). And the PvP System is just there on demand of the community. And what other solution is there, then to make an arena-mode where you can fight against each other. Open Wolrd PvP does not work with a hack n slay game!

Statement 3: Diablo 3 has bad Voice-acting.
    Answer: Nope. I must admit there are plenty of weird accents in this game but it s not that bad.

Statement 4: It looks like WoW , therefore it' s bad.
    Answer: Ok so some of the Hud elemnts are looking similiar to WoW and the chat-system is almost the same as in WoW (which is btw an evolved form of the Warcraft 3 Battlenet chat system). But actually I do not see any point there why exactly that makes Diablo 3 a bad game. WoW is not a bad game either. Actually it is a pretty good game, and the only bad thing there is to it, is that you have to pay a monthly fee. The game itself does almost anything right when it comes to MMORPG standards. And the Art-style completly differs from the one that has been used on WoW. So to end it here Diablo 3 is a damn good game that defies hack n saly mechanics. And if you look close you will notice that over 80% of the negative Reviews were posted on March 15th. So they are more people raging about the fact, that the log-in-servers were crushed by too many log ins at 12:01 than people who are actually reviewing the game.
  61. May 22, 2012
    A lot of negativity that's undeserved here... I was hesitant to buy this game at first. But when it launched I watched a friend of mine play it and I was drawn in. I played Diablo 1 & 2 and they were great. I only played both of them a couple of times but for lots of hours those couple of times. I had a blast. So I bought D3 based on me seeing my friend playing it and how I liked theA lot of negativity that's undeserved here... I was hesitant to buy this game at first. But when it launched I watched a friend of mine play it and I was drawn in. I played Diablo 1 & 2 and they were great. I only played both of them a couple of times but for lots of hours those couple of times. I had a blast. So I bought D3 based on me seeing my friend playing it and how I liked the previous games. I don't regret it in the least bit. Yes you have to have a constant connection to the internet. Yes, at the moment you are disconnected from time to time with updates. That's the only reason I don't give it a 10. I wish there was offline play as well but I'm blessed with a constant connection because I pay for it. I say if you have internet and you are a gamer buy this game, you will not regret it. I play many many many games and I don't regret playing this one. many many many more hours ahead! :) Expand
  62. May 22, 2012
    This is an extremely fun game, and in the end that's really all that should matter. It is very different than Diablo 2, and most other action RPGs, in that it has removed a significant amount of the depth, placing a much greater emphasis on the 'action' part. There were some serious launch day issues, but for me and the people I know playing, those were taken care of withing 3-4 days, soThis is an extremely fun game, and in the end that's really all that should matter. It is very different than Diablo 2, and most other action RPGs, in that it has removed a significant amount of the depth, placing a much greater emphasis on the 'action' part. There were some serious launch day issues, but for me and the people I know playing, those were taken care of withing 3-4 days, so should no longer really be a concern. I think most of the very low reviews are due to the fact that this isn't just an updated diablo 2, and residual frustration and the launch day issues.
    Diablo 2 was a 'loot' game, and for this reason, many people have also been calling diablo 3 a 'loot' game. I have to disagree. Does a bunch of loot explode out of enemies when you kill them? Yes. Do you need to get better stuff to progress? Yes. However, the item system has been so far simplified in diablo 3, you can decide pretty much instantly if a piece of equipment is better or worse. For weapons by far the most important number is the damage per second, written in large letters on the top of the card. For other equipment mostly what matters are buffs to your one primary stat, and perhaps also to a lesser extent vitality. Which elemental damage a weapon does doesn't seem to make any difference, and any game affecting effects happen with such low frequency that they don't really matter. What this means in the end is the only thing I spend any time considering with equipment is whether to salvage or sell it. In D2, you would spend a lot of time pondering the combined set of equipment and how to get your various buffs to work together to balance your performance. Not really the case I Diablo 3. Looting is a component, but a heavily de-emphasized one.
    So if Diablo 3 is not a loot game, what is it? The defining feature is the skill system. With around 30 active skills for each class, and a large number if passive skills, and several rune based variations there is an extroadinary number of builds. Every time I level up I rethink my whole skill distribution, and there seem always to be a few viable alternatives. All the various skill-rune combinations have their own visual effects, so testing out your new build is always entertaining. It apparently takes 2 play throughs to reach the cap, and with 5 classes to play there is a large amount of fun to be had. I'm not sure though how much fun it will be past the cap, since then all your'll have to play around with is the simplistic loot system, but no game lasts forever.
    My only real complaint is the lack of built in voice chat, which seems like a ridiculous oversight in this age of multiplayer games.
  63. May 22, 2012
    It is a great game, and it isn't for casual gamers, you really need to know what is going on in the game in order to be successful. I have not had any problems with my connection to Blizzard's servers, so I don't see why everyone is complaining. I love the graphics, although I was hoping for something a bit darker, I am quite fond of them. The sounds of the game are awesome and can beIt is a great game, and it isn't for casual gamers, you really need to know what is going on in the game in order to be successful. I have not had any problems with my connection to Blizzard's servers, so I don't see why everyone is complaining. I love the graphics, although I was hoping for something a bit darker, I am quite fond of them. The sounds of the game are awesome and can be eerie at times. The game-play and control are great, and hot-keys are really the way to go for this game. Great game, and I hope the servers are fixed for everyone else. Expand
  64. May 23, 2012
    This is Diablo 3, and it's just as great as the previous two versions. I can see myself playing this game for several years, something that rarely happens. Some thoughts:

The new attribute/skill system is fine, and a big improvement over Diablo 2, where one wrong click could screw your character. Now I can experiment with different skill combinations, and select abilities situational. Also, I like the simplicity... two mouse buttons and a few hot keys is enough, no need for 30 key bindings like in WoW or other RPGs. This is hack and slay!!!

DRM/online requirement:
    I can understand that this upsets single players, but this was communicated long before the game launched, so you knew what was coming. For me, the long term motivation in Diablo 2 always came from being online, so in the end it makes no difference. The launch went as any reasonable person might expect. Within a week from launch everything seems very stable, so overall a good job. The graphics etc: Looks nice, maybe it could be a bit less resource hungry since the graphics are not exactly high end. More importantly, it runs natively on OSX! I would say that this game is perfect and just like I expected from Blizzard.
  65. May 24, 2012
    So far I'm around 3/4's of the way through Act II, and I'm loving the game so far. I don't understand why people are whinging so much if I'm honest. I'll agree, I hate the 'Always Online' bullcrap, but if its stops the pathetic world of duping/hacking the best gear in the game, I'm all for it.

For those of you complaining about how 'colourful' the world is, get over yourselves. There are far too many games nowadays who use a colour palette of grey and brown, its nice to see a developer injecting some colour into the world. [Make a comparison to the art/graphic style of Warcraft and I will smack you up the side of the head. Completely different development team, morons]

All in all, the game delivers what D2 had and more. I'm sorry if you stat/skill monkeys are upset, but at least now you don't have to google ULTIMATE CHARACTER STAT/SKILL SETUP and can actually make the sort of character you actually want to play, not a defined role for the best most possible damage output.
  66. May 24, 2012
    This game follows in the footsteps of Diablo 2 and does not disappoint. The story isn't amazing, but this is a great hack and slash, dungeon crawl game. The difficulty allows newer players to easily get the feel of the game, while the new skill system allows you to design your character to what fits your play-style. The graphics could have been a bit better in game, but most of theThis game follows in the footsteps of Diablo 2 and does not disappoint. The story isn't amazing, but this is a great hack and slash, dungeon crawl game. The difficulty allows newer players to easily get the feel of the game, while the new skill system allows you to design your character to what fits your play-style. The graphics could have been a bit better in game, but most of the cutscenes look amazing. Expand
  67. May 19, 2012
    Alright, so Blizzard is really dedicated to fixing the latency issue, as the server is functioning greatly now. I changed my rating from 2 to 9. The game itself is great, I think I don't need to explain much because others have nailed it perfectly. I'm absolutely satisfied with this game.
  68. May 16, 2012
    Great game. There were a few server errors on opening day, but those seem to be worked out now. Will definitely be playing this game for a while. Love the new classes and dungeons that change each time.
  69. May 16, 2012
    Pay no mind to all the haters. This game is awesome and really fun. Blizzard has done a great job of getting a great game out and it was worth the wait!!
  70. May 16, 2012
    OMG, people, If you can be bothered to take the actual game into consideration, review the game not the network code. What a bunch of whiners in up in here.
  71. May 17, 2012
    I've seen so many 'reviews' on here that are giving the game 0 out of 10 because they can't log in... I even saw one that said "If I can't play the game I can't review it" whilst giving it a score of 0! Now that is ridiculous.

The unfair damnation of Diablo 3 is coming from the undesirable online-only system and server errors which have marred its launch, but the ACTUAL GAME is very good. Very good indeed. Don't get me wrong, I'm against the DRM thing and the server issues are pretty inexcusable, but they don't justify giving the game 0 out of 10, that's just silly.

It's a Diablo game, it looks, sounds and feels like Diablo and it has a great level of polish. Is it a step backward from Diablo 2? Yes. Is the story kind of linear and bland? I guess so. Does it deserve all the pointless hatred it's receiving? Absolutely not! Don't let all this anger and bile put you off buying Diablo 3, I'm extremely glad I bought it and it's the most fun I've had with a game this year. Highly recommended, especially with a friend or two.
  72. May 17, 2012
    Best PC Exclusive for many years, I've seen. Old Diablo has returned! The only thing not very pleased with launch day server did not survive ((but that is no reason to put the game 0! The game is not being to blame for the technical side. Deserved 10.
  73. May 18, 2012
    Other than some launch day issues it turned out as a very solid 3rd installment of the Diablo 3 series. Graphics, Audio, and story are excellent. Wide variety of skill choices and combinations with runes which allow you to customize each ability gives many options for customization and the ability to swap around abilities allows the player to make changes as the character levels up or toOther than some launch day issues it turned out as a very solid 3rd installment of the Diablo 3 series. Graphics, Audio, and story are excellent. Wide variety of skill choices and combinations with runes which allow you to customize each ability gives many options for customization and the ability to swap around abilities allows the player to make changes as the character levels up or to use a different set of abilities that are better suited to the area they're in. Addition of 2 artisan crafters allow players to make their own gear. 4 increasingly harder and more complex difficulty levels make the game fun for both serious and more casual players alike. Party play with up to 4 members and difficulty scaling of the game based on how many players are in the party. PvP is not available at launch but will be added later. Bottom Line: A very solid game despite launch hiccups due to very high global demand definitely worth a 10. Expand
  74. May 18, 2012
    Anyone who complains about Diablo 3 being a "huge disappointment" is clinically insane. Everything about the game 'feels' like a Diablo game. The graphics are wonderful, the characters are well done and interesting, the gameplay is fast and exciting, the music is great and reminds me of previous Diablo games, there's better inventory management, and the loot is divine! If you don't likeAnyone who complains about Diablo 3 being a "huge disappointment" is clinically insane. Everything about the game 'feels' like a Diablo game. The graphics are wonderful, the characters are well done and interesting, the gameplay is fast and exciting, the music is great and reminds me of previous Diablo games, there's better inventory management, and the loot is divine! If you don't like the Real Money Auction House, then just ignore it. Sure, there are some stability issues that Blizzard is still working through, but the game has only been out for four days. Those problems will go away, I guarantee it. And yes, the game has no 'offline' mode, but this Diablo game is more focused on making co-operative gameplay as easy and enjoyable as possible...and the only reason I still play Diablo 2 is to play it with friends. Also, you really need to play the game for a while before judging it too harshly. It starts off very simple, giving you access to a single ability...but the complexity builds as you become more familiar with your character. Once you have 15-20 levels under your belt, you have several different abilities to choose from to customize how you want to play your character. You get access to crating npc's that allow you to craft many different things with random magical properties, and the magical properties of items in general vary greatly ('of the lion' property could be +1 or +40 to strength). It's true that there are many scripted events, but there is also a great deal of randomness to the world that makes each play-through new and exciting.

All in all, Diablo 3 is everything that I would have ever wanted from a Diablo sequel and more.
  75. May 18, 2012
    Stop trashing the review score because you can't login or because you think "it's nothing like Diablo II". I like the idea of RMAH and the "online play only" approach.
  76. May 21, 2012
    Played this game since it came out and going to give a very honest review of it not somebody raging about how they can't log in. The point of a review about a game is to review the gameplay, not give opinions about how you dislike a certain marketing choice (the item market) or how you can't log in. From a gameplay standpoint and comparing it to the other games like this that I've playedPlayed this game since it came out and going to give a very honest review of it not somebody raging about how they can't log in. The point of a review about a game is to review the gameplay, not give opinions about how you dislike a certain marketing choice (the item market) or how you can't log in. From a gameplay standpoint and comparing it to the other games like this that I've played through (Diablo 1,2, and Torchlight) Diablo 3 is superior in all aspects. The game really shows how much development time went into its making. As usual for a Blizzard game it is polished in every way possible and performs brilliantly even on my more mid end laptop. They bring back all of your old favorites character wise which really helps the feeling of nostalgia settle in for us Diablo 1 veterans. But enough about old things we real gamers like new stuff and its Diablo THREE so there must be new fun toys to play with. And there are. Lots of abilities that look and have a great feel to them for all classes. You really feel like you want to play through the game over with each class because you feel like you're missing out if you don't. As far as the feel of the setting goes it is just as dark as ever if not more so. The addition of depth adds a lot to the world of Sanctuary and the gore is off the charts as should be expected of a Diablo game. Seriously while being online all the time might not be super fantastic I have yet to run into a problem with the servers and I've played every day since release so make sure your connection isn't the problem before blaming Blizzard. Other than that its one of the most solid gaming experiences you'll ever have! Enjoy it. Expand
  77. May 22, 2012
    I'm completely puzzled by all the negative reviews for this game. While it isn't a perfect game, it is an extremely enjoyable representative of the genre.

Graphics: The graphics have a cell-shaded look similar to Torchlight. If you don't like that style of graphics, then you will not like this game. If you do like that look, then the graphics are fantastic. While you cannot zoom in -

Graphics:

The graphics have a cell-shaded look similar to Torchlight. If you don't like that style of graphics, then you will not like this game. If you do like that look, then the graphics are fantastic. While you cannot zoom in - probably to balance performance - the animations, effects for the various attacks are incredibly well done. If you have a weapon with a poison effect - pools of green fog will appear around dead mobs. The monk has various animations associated with his attacks that clearly convey the power of his fist and foot based attacks.

There is a lot of skill, craftsmanship and love put into the graphics in this game. So I would rate graphics as 9.5 out of 10.

Gameplay:

Nothing new or different here - this is a hack-n-slash game. Click, click, click, click, right-click, etc. That said, the controls are responsie and well thought out. As you level up, you will unlock various skills and you can change the active skills any time you aren't in combat.

The games consists of exploring areas, killing mobs, and picking up loot. And you are always hoping for better weapons or armor.

While there is nothing "new" under the covers - what is here is rock solid, if repetitive - and earns a 9.0 out of 10.

Customization:

I've seen a lot of comments about the lack of customization. I'm not sure that I understand why being able to customize the "look" of the character is so important to some people. If this was a Skyrim type game, yes that would matter. But, given the fixed perspective of the game - I agree with the developer's decision to limit you to selecting the gender, class and name of your character. Anything more would have been pointless window dressing.

As your level progresses - you do have limited control of your skills - which fall into broad categories such as: Active, Defensive, Passive, etc. While there is a set path , limited options as you level - you will need to switch out skills at various points.

I would rate this area an 8.0 out of 10.

Stability and Performance:

I've played the game about 25-30 hours so far, playing across 4 different classes: Wizard, Demon Hunter, Barbarian and Monk. The game has hard-locked my system once. Otherwise, it has been perfect and rock-solid. I'm also playing on an older Dell XPS 8100 - and have everything set to high-detail. The games loads quickly, transitions as you change areas are fast, so no complaints here.

I would give a 9.0 out of 10 rating.

Loot & Leveling

Loot and leveling are the areas where I have some qualms about the game. With regard to loot - so far the game seems pretty stingy. You find a lot of magical items, but none of it has had a WOW, TFA factor. And, the rare / epic items are extremely infrequent and also kind of ho-hum.

You spend a lot of time picking up trash items, and selling them. And, for some reason, I seem to be getting a lot of items that are restricted to a different class than the one I'm playing. I.e. my Demon Hunter keeps getting a lot of Barbarian only gear.

In short, there seems to be something slightly "off" and underwhelming in the area of loot.

On the positive side, you unlock an Blacksmith NPC - and if you spend gold training him you eventually get access to some nice items.

Leveling - because of the fixed path for the various skill areas - also is a little less satisfying than I might like.

While these are gripes - when balanced against the overall game they are relatively minor. No game is perfect, and these are the two areas where Diablo 3 shines the least.

I will give both loot and leveling (unlocking new skills) a 7.5 out of 10.

Overall Score:

This game is a definite 9.0 out of 10. There are a lot of lessons that other developers could learn from Blizzard and this game. The overall polish and design are extremely high-quality. I've had no problems connecting to servers, with performance, etc.

I would like better loot, and more of a sense of freedom when it comes to unlocking and selecting skills when leveling - but these are really minor quibbles with an otherwise excellent game. A lot of people have complained about not having scrolls - but given the limited inventory slots I applaud the design decision to eliminate the scrolls and just provide a town portal and identify unknown items skill. This is a fun, addictive games with an extremely high-level of polish and artistry. If you like the genre, and don't mind the graphics style - this game is highly recommended. I paid full price, and feel that I'm getting my money's worth. Will that change when Torchlight 2 comes out - at $20 - maybe. But, until then, this is a fantastic hack-n-slash. Highly recommended.
  78. May 23, 2012
    The fundamental game play experience I've so far has been flawless. It's everything I expected from the sequel to Diablo 2. The skill system is refreshingly different than the over used skill point system. They've addressed all the flaws of Diablo 2, including monster immunities, and replaced it with an extremely challenging new enemy skill system. Other than the clumsy launch and theThe fundamental game play experience I've so far has been flawless. It's everything I expected from the sequel to Diablo 2. The skill system is refreshingly different than the over used skill point system. They've addressed all the flaws of Diablo 2, including monster immunities, and replaced it with an extremely challenging new enemy skill system. Other than the clumsy launch and the buggy auction house, this game is much more than i could have hoped for. Expand
  79. May 23, 2012
    E um ótimo jogo com certeza, além de tudo e um dos poucos que vem dublado em PT-BR.
    Parabéns Blizzard por mais esse excelente trabalho.
    Esses são meus sinceros agradecimentos pelo empenho em lançar um produto de ótima qualidade.
  80. May 25, 2012
    While I find the items in this game a bit off I like quite a few of the changes they made. Blue items should NOT be better than rare and legendary but I like the new skill runes. Unlike D2 where you would level to 99 and not unlock new skills along the way getting to level 60 and learning a new rune along the way was a welcome change. Most of the people complaining enjoyed rushingWhile I find the items in this game a bit off I like quite a few of the changes they made. Blue items should NOT be better than rare and legendary but I like the new skill runes. Unlike D2 where you would level to 99 and not unlock new skills along the way getting to level 60 and learning a new rune along the way was a welcome change. Most of the people complaining enjoyed rushing characters to level 99 and PvPing like that was any fun..... Expand
  81. May 15, 2012
    Disconnect issues at launch were extremely frustrating, but once I got into the game it was just as fun as my brief experience with the beta was. Played for a couple of hours with friends and had tons of fun. Many of the 0 point, 5 line reviews are likely from people either (understandably) frustrated from the launch or hate the game/Blizzard for some childish reason.

Legitimate

Legitimate complaints:
    -Horrible Launch
    -Online only DRM frustrating for people who want to play single player

Lies from previous reviews:
    -"Game is not fun" - yes this is subjective, but I really can't see how someone who actually managed to get online last night did not have a blast with their friends.
    -"Atmosphere is cartoony" - This more than anything leads me to believe said people have not actually played the game, the atmosphere and art styles are brilliant and appropriately dark. Additionally, this is as gory a game as you're going to play.

Things I disagree With From previous Reviews
    -"Lack of skill points makes this game worse" - In diablo 2 the optimal builds were just figuring out how much dex/str you needed to equip items and then just sinking the rest into vitality. Admittedly this did allow for troll builds, but those were never something I had the patience to do. I do not miss this at all.
    -"Auction house is pay to win" - Given that you can auction items on the real money auction house and never have to cash in your earnings, players who never choose to spend a dollar on this game will still see the benefit of the time they put into it. If you don't understand this please read up on how the real money auction house works.

Perhaps Blizzard does deserve a low user score for the moment as backlash for their terrible launch, but I handled that with pissed of comments on their facebook and twitter. I hope anyone reading this review finds it as a well reasoned rebuttal to the pure rage being posted here. Even given how terrible it was waiting for an hour and a half past launch time to play, I had a blast with my friends and balancing all of that leaves me with a score of 9. I'd also please remind everyone that all but a tiny fraction of you are still on Act 1 or 2 for chrissakes! Please try and least beat the game on normal (1 of FOUR difficulties) before making a final judgement, as I will.
  82. May 17, 2012
    This is SOOO BAD.... just delete....Absurd how badly blizzard screwed this up. There isn't even an offline mode. What kind of Diablo doesn't have offline gameplay? Other than this the game itself is very fun and plays smoothly, even on my macbook air.
  83. May 17, 2012
    A true sequel to one of the best game ever. Very nice design decisions, clear and precise gameplay and mechanics. After Starcraft II this is clearly a game we'll play for a very long time.
  84. May 18, 2012
    I am trying to make this as far of a review as possible. I completely disagree with the common theme of giving a zero due to connection errors. If this continues for a month then yes Blizzard should refund or do something to appease the mob. The reason I am not going to Bomb blizzard for this is because the last diablo game had a loyal fan base for over 10 years. In a month hopefullyI am trying to make this as far of a review as possible. I completely disagree with the common theme of giving a zero due to connection errors. If this continues for a month then yes Blizzard should refund or do something to appease the mob. The reason I am not going to Bomb blizzard for this is because the last diablo game had a loyal fan base for over 10 years. In a month hopefully no one remembers this first week. Are we not the same group that demanded Blizzard release it? I took a day off from work and I completely agree that the error 37 is inexcusable. Especially after they had 250,000 users testing it for a month and at least another Million that would have loved to get a BETA invite. I have heard rumors of people beating Normal in 6 hours. Personally I think this is false. I could be led to believe 10 for skilled gamers trying to beat the record. Fortunately there are 5 classes, 4 of which I find very enjoyably diverse. So on normal difficulty you are looking at a min 40 hours. Then there is level capping all these players and three other difficulties, not to mention Hardcore mode for the mentally ill. So all in all I think you are look at a minimum of 200 hours of play and potentially much higher. I personally love the switchable abilities. I think at the harder difficulties people are going to have to be very skilled playing different skill sets based on the situational to get through. Yeah Normal was a cake walk; but thatâ Expand
  85. May 17, 2012
    I love how everyone is hating on the skill system. The skill system has so much more depth than diablo 2's skill system that it's scary. In diablo 2 you basically power leveld your character till you got the spell that your character was made for. Like a blizzard sorc, a meteor sorc, a hammer paladin or a frenzy barb. When you get that spell all you do is spam it. That's all you do for theI love how everyone is hating on the skill system. The skill system has so much more depth than diablo 2's skill system that it's scary. In diablo 2 you basically power leveld your character till you got the spell that your character was made for. Like a blizzard sorc, a meteor sorc, a hammer paladin or a frenzy barb. When you get that spell all you do is spam it. That's all you do for the rest of the **** game till you make a new character because you become bored as **** Trust me, i know. I was also pretty disappointed by the fact that you can't distribute attributes. But really... It's not the reason to give the game 0 / 10. You have to take all things in consideration when reviewing the game. All the people complaining about the auction hause. The **** internet was a huge auction house for diablo 2. All the people who had the best items bought them online and that's a **** fact that you wont take in consideration. I played this game with three of my friends and we couldn't stop. It was that awesome to see all the epic skills and combinations you could make. World PvP just make hardcore people rage. Seriously, i can't even count how many times i got killed by some **** idiot when i was baal running in hardcore. I have lost so many high leveld character to all the ****s who buy the best items and just kill people. To the ones who miss the stuff i mentioned from diablo 2. You are riding on nostalgia. You are not even thinking about how ****ed up that was. Expand
  86. May 17, 2012
    This game is a breath of fresh air from Blizzard's other titles. It has been a long time since we all have had the chance to take a crack at a new Diablo. The time is finally here, and the game is phenomenal. Ignore all of the bad reviews that were posted around the time of the release date. Blizzard was having issues with keeping the battle.net servers up because there was an overwhelmingThis game is a breath of fresh air from Blizzard's other titles. It has been a long time since we all have had the chance to take a crack at a new Diablo. The time is finally here, and the game is phenomenal. Ignore all of the bad reviews that were posted around the time of the release date. Blizzard was having issues with keeping the battle.net servers up because there was an overwhelming number of people who were trying to log on and play. The issues are fixed now, with a couple of short rolling restarts here and there. Focusing back on the game, the gameplay and graphics are just perfect. The story flows great and the action and cinematics that come with it bring tons of hours of fun. Not to mention this game has great replay value, 5 classes to choose from and randomly generated dungeons! A must buy for anyone who has been a fan of Diablo or any other Blizzard titles. Also if you are new to Diablo and do enjoy Action RPG's then this is something you should definitely invest your money into. PvP is coming soon and 4-player co-op is fully functional. AMAZING GAME 10/10. Expand
  87. May 18, 2012
    Everybody giving the game a 0 because they couldn't log on or because they're pissed off that a game requires an oh so difficult to get internet connection in 2012 is an idiot. You all played Diablo 2 TWELVE YEARS AGO. Blizzard has moved on with the times get over it. If you like things the way they were done over a decade ago when the most tech savvy people had dial up then go playEverybody giving the game a 0 because they couldn't log on or because they're pissed off that a game requires an oh so difficult to get internet connection in 2012 is an idiot. You all played Diablo 2 TWELVE YEARS AGO. Blizzard has moved on with the times get over it. If you like things the way they were done over a decade ago when the most tech savvy people had dial up then go play ancient games. Grow up and learn to not fear change. Expand
  88. May 21, 2012
    Ignore all the butt-hurt idiots whining the game sucks because they couldn't log in day one, or because it made a drastic change of game mechanics from Diablo 2. This is a fantastic game. It has captured the look, sound and feel of Diablo and then some. For veterans of the series, you'll find yourself flying through Normal mode while utterly destroying everything, having the real challengeIgnore all the butt-hurt idiots whining the game sucks because they couldn't log in day one, or because it made a drastic change of game mechanics from Diablo 2. This is a fantastic game. It has captured the look, sound and feel of Diablo and then some. For veterans of the series, you'll find yourself flying through Normal mode while utterly destroying everything, having the real challenge come in Hell and Inferno modes. No problem there. The graphics are phenomenal, each class is fun to play and unlike Diablo 2, gold is actually a currency as opposed to gems, Stone of Jordan's and poison runes. My best advice is to ignore the idiots who are giving negative reviews -without even playing the game- and looking to rage about really frivolous things. If you're a Diablo fan, or a newcomer, I strongly recommend this game. Expand
  89. May 24, 2012
    Game is absolutely amazing and addictive as hell. I will try to cover most of the complaints:
    1. Internet connection I don't see how internet connection can be an issue in 2012
    2. Skill and attribute points system That's the main improvement of the game 3. Graphics Simply amazing 3. Launch issues Give it some time, it's already a non issue. Also, knowing Blizzard you can be sure
    2. Skill and attribute points system That's the main improvement of the game
    3. Graphics
    Simply amazing
    3. Launch issues
    Give it some time, it's already a non issue.

Also, knowing Blizzard you can be sure that the game will be getting patched and improved constantly.
  90. May 18, 2012
    This game has all the makings of an instant classic. I would recommend this game to people that like to have fun. If you don't like it, I will fight you.

Another thing I like about this game is that it has WAY more coins than Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
  91. May 18, 2012
    The very new reference and best hack'n slash since Diablo II, haters can just go and rest in peace in hell with their problems with this type of game or their impossibilities to connect... !
  92. May 18, 2012
    This game is awesome. Who ever has a negative review is because blizzard had issues with the game at launch, but that should be a negative review on blizzard NOT IT'S GAME. It's game is the **** And once they got rid of all the serever issues, the game worked flawlessly. I love blizz and I love it's games. I've been a consumer since 2000. Blizzard rocks and so does diablo 3. I've playedThis game is awesome. Who ever has a negative review is because blizzard had issues with the game at launch, but that should be a negative review on blizzard NOT IT'S GAME. It's game is the **** And once they got rid of all the serever issues, the game worked flawlessly. I love blizz and I love it's games. I've been a consumer since 2000. Blizzard rocks and so does diablo 3. I've played both diablo 2's, and diablo 3 takes it to a whole new LEVEL. Listen to the criticts. Expand
  93. May 16, 2012
    Great Game, well done Blizzard. Blizzard did an excellent job providing a new story in the Diablo world. Tons of easter eggs, battle is challanging with much better bosses than the diablo 2 game. You dont need to have played the previous games to enjoy Diablo 3 but at the same time there are lots of easter eggs regarding the past story line. I played the Witch Doctor for about 5 hoursGreat Game, well done Blizzard. Blizzard did an excellent job providing a new story in the Diablo world. Tons of easter eggs, battle is challanging with much better bosses than the diablo 2 game. You dont need to have played the previous games to enjoy Diablo 3 but at the same time there are lots of easter eggs regarding the past story line. I played the Witch Doctor for about 5 hours and only put it down due to server issues which will soon be resolved. I have been waiting a long time for this game and was not disapointed. I also found that the character customization is much simpler with the option to skill your character based on the mission at hand( changeable). Not sure why so many are ragging on this game i found it to be amazing in every aspect but the server issues which are to be expected with such a large online release. I also like that the achievements are account based rather than character based. With a random map generator it makes it possible to get them all without having to play the same character over and over. Expand
  94. May 16, 2012
    So far I am not disappointed one bit by this game. They were able to keep the feeling of the original game yet improve on the mechanics that made the first two in the series so popular. While others may feel betrayed by the more streamlined character creation it opens up players to more customization in the end with the ease to test out new builds where in previous games you'd have to putSo far I am not disappointed one bit by this game. They were able to keep the feeling of the original game yet improve on the mechanics that made the first two in the series so popular. While others may feel betrayed by the more streamlined character creation it opens up players to more customization in the end with the ease to test out new builds where in previous games you'd have to put 30 hours into the game just to see if a build works or not. The story (thus far) holds strong and leaves me wanting to continue. It draws the player in and creates a lust to find out what happens next with characters that are interesting and enjoyable. The game on the beginning difficulty is easy however seeing playthroughs on higher difficulties I am not deluted to think that the game will remain easy for long. All in all this is a must play for action rpg fans. Blizzard once again has created a well polished jewel. Expand
  95. May 16, 2012
    This game is wonderful. Sure there are a few launch issues but I got that good-old Diablo nostalgic hack and slash feeling that I wanted from this. Love it. I find all the "0" reviews here absolutely ridiculous. You knew what you were buying before you ever bought it. You knew you need an internet connection to play. You knew that there may be server issues (very common with new games).This game is wonderful. Sure there are a few launch issues but I got that good-old Diablo nostalgic hack and slash feeling that I wanted from this. Love it. I find all the "0" reviews here absolutely ridiculous. You knew what you were buying before you ever bought it. You knew you need an internet connection to play. You knew that there may be server issues (very common with new games). You knew that, and yet you STILL bought it, and played it.

Quite a few of the things being complained about can always be added later or remedied by Blizzard, because of the fact that they have set up most of the game to be server-side. They could easily add more PVP areas, new monsters & bosses, new weapons, all of that. You don't need to pay monthly to play the game at all, which is cool considering they could have very well decided to charge for it. If you don't like the game, or God forbid, if you could program something BETTER, by all means please do so. Until such time, shut up and GTFO.
  96. May 19, 2012
    Well, to all the people whining about lack of offline play, I really think it is retarded to give a game the lowest possible score for one or two issues. My internet connection is stellar, and I don't mind being online.

As for the lack of skill points, people need to quit looking at Diablo 2 with nostalgia glasses. The new way is so much better, and emphasizes the things that make Diablo Diablo.

The in-depth rune system is amazing, the graphics are excellent, and the gameplay is top-notch. This is the Diablo game I've been waiting for.

People are fickle. I have no respect for the retarded.

11 out of 10.
  97. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  98. May 22, 2012
    The game starts off slow, however once you make your way into nightmare and hell.... the game becomes GREAT. The higher difficulties are challenging and without the gear, you will possibly have trouble soloing parts of the game without hoarding the elites away! The game is perfect for anyone who would come back to diablo 2 every once in a while, just to enjoy its gameplay. MAIN FEATUREThe game starts off slow, however once you make your way into nightmare and hell.... the game becomes GREAT. The higher difficulties are challenging and without the gear, you will possibly have trouble soloing parts of the game without hoarding the elites away! The game is perfect for anyone who would come back to diablo 2 every once in a while, just to enjoy its gameplay. MAIN FEATURE is that it is exactly like diablo 2, the game feels the same and also has alot of improvements! +10 Expand
  99. May 18, 2012
    Incredibly fun, addictive installment to the Diablo series that revamped where necessary and stayed true to roots where it was most important. The 3K bad reviews on here tell you one thing, the other million or so players are in the world of Sanctuary having fun and enjoying the skillfully crafted, well thought out sequel. When people like something there is usually no reason to explainIncredibly fun, addictive installment to the Diablo series that revamped where necessary and stayed true to roots where it was most important. The 3K bad reviews on here tell you one thing, the other million or so players are in the world of Sanctuary having fun and enjoying the skillfully crafted, well thought out sequel. When people like something there is usually no reason to explain why you like it. However, on the other hand you have a very small subset of people who feel the need to make their woes known and it is typically on the extremist side of the spectrum. Also If the review mentions anything about launch day it should be thrown out immediately as it is not a review of the game and should not reflect so here. The game is incredibly fine tuned, polished, and you can tell that the entire world including the game play, the visual detail, and the score were crafted with love. I don't see DRM as an issue either. DRM will help to prevent the nonsense that accompanies any offline single player game...hacks/exploits/duping all things that ruin a game. The ONLY con I would have is that I wanted to Act 1 Boss to be free roaming rather than a scripted in game video, but that may be too much want for nostalgia. Overall I couldn't be happier with Diablo 3, great job Blizzard team, and to you 3K who don't like the game, don't play...your numbers account for nothing in comparison to those that do like it. Expand
  100. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3. A classic case of anticipation meets nerd rage. You paint this beautiful picture in your head of what this game should be, and when it isn't the crimson canvas of your own twisted mind, the game is a failure to you. Congratulations, you are now that nerd who sees a movie and claims, "The book was so much better". Q: Is the game perfect? A: No
    Q: Did the launch have issues? A:
    Q: Did the launch have issues? A: Can't respond at this time (Error 37)
    Q: Am I enjoying it? A: Hell yes

The critics who are complaining about the inability to play the game, need to take a second to think about their constant cries for attention. Diablo 3 was this supposed masterpiece that millions couldn't wait to enjoy. We all sat down at our computers, ordered an appetizer of caffeinated drinks with a side dish of an all nighter, and waited for the main course to arrive. However, we were left wondering if the kitchen ever got our order. But who's to blame?

Certainly it isn't the cook's fault that they couldn't get us our order. It was the middleman who needs to take the blame. The waiter screwed up. Plain and simple. We can make sure to fill out our restaurant card with a 1 star for service. Then, we're left with the food section of the card (which we never got to taste). How can we rate that if we didn't taste it? You can't. So stop trolling.

When one actually plays the game, they will find much of what they're looking for in a Diablo 2 sequel. Hack and slash gameplay- Check
    Tons of Loot- Check
    Addicting gameplay- Check

They will also find things they weren't expecting (Killer cut scenes, dynamic gameplay, etc.)

The fact remains that you're left with an outstanding game, with hours and hours of slot machine looting, demon killing, and rare but needed bathroom breaks. So grab a couple of beers this weekend, and do what any great game will allow you to do. Have fun.
  101. May 15, 2012
    If this is not your first blizzard game, you should have known better. I have never seen a single smooth Blizzard launch. People are giving this game 0 scores while they haven't even played it, they are just raging and spoiled 12 year olds who can't play their game after their day of school, or people acting like them. I have currently played 4-5 hours into the story, and I really enjoyedIf this is not your first blizzard game, you should have known better. I have never seen a single smooth Blizzard launch. People are giving this game 0 scores while they haven't even played it, they are just raging and spoiled 12 year olds who can't play their game after their day of school, or people acting like them. I have currently played 4-5 hours into the story, and I really enjoyed myself, that is what I base my score on. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012