Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jul 13, 2012
    OK Hack and slash, but frankly, much to moan about:
    OK Hack and slash, but frankly, much to moan about:
    1) needing an internet connexion to play in SINGLE player modus... Awesome... I can bring the game on vacation .... not.... 2) story line... quite predictable... 3) Graphics... reminds of wow, not my cup of tea. 4) Not being able to save quickly.... Nice when you have a RL and a family.... Either go back to the beginning of the section you were playing or sleep on the doormat ... or let the baby burn in the crib (YES, it was a JOKE!) 5) Loot distribution is quite pitiful, to say the least. Positive:
    1) The cut scenes are very nicely done, graphically speaking
    2) It is nice to slaughter baddies
  2. Jul 14, 2012
    Disappointing, not up to standard for modern games. Act 1 had a lot going for it with a lot of destructible items and traps you can trigger on enemies. After Act 1 the detail drops off and you can tell less effort was put in. Changes to items after launch have and bugs have made a mess of the economy. Below standard from Blizzard... I blame the Activision takeover.
  3. Jul 14, 2012
    Simplified to the point that it can't be called an RPG, D3 failed to keep me entertained they way it was supposed to. Pay to win system removes any sense of achievement, or desire to achieve anything noteworthy. And the writing sucks like nothing else.
  4. Jul 15, 2012
    Gave it a 4 because it provided a decent amount of playtime for the buck. But I only racked up that playtime due to playing with some friends. Even with that this game doesn't really offer much. Very linear gameplay.
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    This game had way too much hype for what it is worth and considering how much time they had to prepare it, it was a major let down. It was almost as if they released LOD, learned from their mistakes and saw what their past developers did on Torchlight and tried to emulate it to make it more user friendly. Torchlight was fun but a little blah. This game's progression is weak in the senseThis game had way too much hype for what it is worth and considering how much time they had to prepare it, it was a major let down. It was almost as if they released LOD, learned from their mistakes and saw what their past developers did on Torchlight and tried to emulate it to make it more user friendly. Torchlight was fun but a little blah. This game's progression is weak in the sense that there is four difficulties and the need for the middle two is completely unnecessary, besides what is the point in replaying the same crap four times over?
    What Blizzard should have done is make it 2 difficulty settings and make it so on the first game-play you get far like lvl 35-40. then on the 2nd play through, you play half of it leveling and the other half endgame, making the end of it dramatically harder.
    Also the fact that this game cannot be played offline mode is complete bs, i mean i can get that they want to encourage people to use it but near the beginning of it all it was doing was encouraging gold farmers and the fact that there is so many random adds from gold farmers that just somehow get your information when you're offline is questionable.
  6. Jul 24, 2012
    A leggere le riviste pare che sia un bellissimo gioco.. si, per chi non abbia mai giocato a Diablo in vita sua questo è un bel gioco ma comunque secondo me, rimene nettamente inferiore a un qualsiasi Dungeon Siege..

Nessuna crescita dei pg, solo un banalissimo sistema alla gods of war.. Aste coi soldi veri O_O Storia piatta, un qualsiasi ragazzino l avrebbe scritta meglio.

Nessuna crescita dei pg, solo un banalissimo sistema alla gods of war..
    Aste coi soldi veri O_O
    Storia piatta, un qualsiasi ragazzino l avrebbe scritta meglio.
    Livelli di difficoltà STUDIATI ed ELABORATI per il PAY FOR WIN, vuoi andare avanti? Bene comprati i set altrimenti ti killano con 1 colpo.

Per concludere i 60
  7. Jul 26, 2012
    I've had multiple moods throughout this game and I honestly still don't know where I stand on the game. After getting nearly every character to 60 but playing a level 60 of each class I was able to get a fairly good idea of what each class offered and really, this was disappointing. None of the classes really stood out to me in what they specialized in, it just felt more like you wereI've had multiple moods throughout this game and I honestly still don't know where I stand on the game. After getting nearly every character to 60 but playing a level 60 of each class I was able to get a fairly good idea of what each class offered and really, this was disappointing. None of the classes really stood out to me in what they specialized in, it just felt more like you were either a glass cannon, a tank, or a bad hybrid until you had a good funding going on. Builds didn't stand out as they once did in Diablo 2, too many useless runes, even useless skills. A high lack of personality in the characters really. That combined with the fact that you were constantly checking out the auction house, it just felt like a soulless game. I tried farming for hours, getting nothing, the odd item I could sell for a decent price but nothing spectacular. Then I tried playing the market, buying good deals and selling them for slightly less than what they were worth and I made good money. I averaged about 2mil a day with maybe an hour of total time put towards it and it was nothing more than checking up on my auctions and looking for deals when I had less than 10 auctions running. I bought my gear and progressed through the game and it was boring. I felt no accomplishment. I still felt vulnerable even though I was fairly over geared for the game. The repair cost change made playing too uneasy. I didn't want to play because I didn't want to risk dying, or should I say, die without a chance. The majority of the time I did die in this game I felt as though it wasn't so much my fault, but more the games fault for throwing too much at me. Too many special affix's going off at once, too many champions right beside each other. Too many overpowered abilities or passives in monsters. It never felt like I had the chance to defend myself and instead it was 'my fault' for not having the gear. The skill system makes it too difficult to react. I don't want to dedicate 2 buttons/skills to a defense when 90% of the time I'm using just 1, but for that 10% when I need the 2nd skill,' I'd rather have Diablo 2's system where that 2nd skill was always available to me if I needed it and kept it hotkeyed near the end. As most people have said, the story is an embarrassment and really I would have preferred to have none at all. The waypoint system is annoying, the stale multiplayer is boring, the chat channels are spammed to hell and empty. To say one is nitpicking is really just an excuse, the game has flaws, many of them. Just because a game is 'decent' doesn't mean we should judge it just on that. The game has a company name, and previous games to back it up that this game should have been great. My call of duty comparison: For those that have played call of duty, this is how I feel they raped diablo. Instead of having 10 custom classes that you can change each time you die, you can only use 1 and have to quit the game to change that class around.

Instead of playing a random map pool, you are forced to play each and every map in a pre-defined order. Instead of many different viable guns in each category, you didn't end up with 1 overpowering one. You ended up with only 1 gun even doing damage while they rest just had flashy affects.

Instead of being able to jump into the game at any point and enjoy yourself, you are at great risk at all times and if you die too much in a match, you will be forced to take a break from the game for 24hours.

Instead of being able to unlock all the guns by leveling up, you must instead pay for the guns with real money and can only get ammo by picking up people with the same gun as yours leftover ammo on the ground.

and I'm sure I could think of more. This is what I feel if call of duty did to it's next game, would be basically an exact example of what happened to Diablo.
  8. Jul 26, 2012
    Don't buy this game. This game was released incomplete and improperly tested. Story/characters/dialogue is corny, cheap, and cheesy. Loot is boring and unrewarding. You'll farm for hundreds of hours for 99% trash. The "Player-driven" economy has been completely destroyed by cheaters. Exploits, bots, hacks, and scams are widely used, and Blizzard does little to nothing to disciplineDon't buy this game. This game was released incomplete and improperly tested. Story/characters/dialogue is corny, cheap, and cheesy. Loot is boring and unrewarding. You'll farm for hundreds of hours for 99% trash. The "Player-driven" economy has been completely destroyed by cheaters. Exploits, bots, hacks, and scams are widely used, and Blizzard does little to nothing to discipline these cheaters. Technical support is almost non-existent. If you are hacked or scammed, Blizzard will write you a generic e-mail claiming there is nothing they can or will do. Graphics and music are mediocre at best. Game mechanics have been completely dumbed-down to a 12 year old's level. You'll breeze through the first 3 difficulty levels then hit a brick wall in "Inferno Difficulty". You'll then be forced to farm for gold for countless hours to use the Auction House where the economy is completely inflated and corrupted. It will influence some to use Blizzard's "Real-money auction house", where you'll literally have to spend hundreds of dollars just to get an edge. CO-OP play is greatly discouraged because of flawed game-play mechanics. Chat channels are completely flooded with spammers trying to sell gold for real money. Community is horrible; forums are filled with angry, disappointed customers; rightfully so. Game-play is only smooth in between "rubber-banding", you'll start walking and it will glitch, pulling your character back to it's original position. Random disconnections take place. No offline single-player mode. No character customization besides gender and dye. Has no replay value what-so-ever. Looked forward to this game for 8+ years; HUGE disappointment. I am simply flabbergasted that Blizzard was capable of releasing such a poor quality game. This game would not have sold so many copies if it wasn't for Diablo 2. Diablo 3 is fun for a short amount of time at first; play long enough and you'll reach all the same conclusions. None of what I said is exaggerated in the least bit. Save yourself the money, the disappointments, and the frustrations. Expand
  9. Jul 28, 2012
    I remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find outI remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find out that the game is awful. Terrible story, totally screwed up loot, lots of bugs and bad graphics. I can't express how tricked I feel.

This game is by far not worth its name. Maybe our mind would be different if this game was just a no-name, it's still not that bad after all, but this is not an ordinary one - it's descendant of one of the most important series in all time and as such, we had right to expect something much, much better. Shame on you Blizzard!
  10. Aug 1, 2012
    Auto-stats. Auto-skills. Auto-pickgold. 2/3 of skills are useless. Intese rubberbanding (because of blizzard servers theres a % that when u move u get "magically teleported" a few meters back). Most legendary items are beaten by rares. Items get random stats so what happens is that 99% of your drops will be worth nothing. Theres a % that you wont be able to play hardcore because of the lagAuto-stats. Auto-skills. Auto-pickgold. 2/3 of skills are useless. Intese rubberbanding (because of blizzard servers theres a % that when u move u get "magically teleported" a few meters back). Most legendary items are beaten by rares. Items get random stats so what happens is that 99% of your drops will be worth nothing. Theres a % that you wont be able to play hardcore because of the lag you get depending on were you live (australia gets 200ms). Its easy to get to lvl 60 and thats the max level. Theres no motivation to level up. Theres no wondering arround having fun, its all about how much gold u can farm per hour. Max 4 players in a game and the monsters scaling makes inferno easyer if you play solo. The maps are smaller than in d2. Theres no ladder. What happens is that the only way to progress inferno is buying items with gold from the auction house. You get gold by farming. Farming gold is boring. Browsing the auction house for an upgrade in your gear is boring. The auction house "search" for items is horrible and tedious. Diablo 3 is repetitive, boring, unfixable, short and not worth 10 dollars. Thank you jay wilson Expand
  11. Aug 2, 2012
    well ill tell you where blizzard can jam this game...
    for the last 4-5 afternoons i have farmed act 1 with 270MF for about 8 hours per day.
    in this time i have found 1 sellable pair of gloves. even with my magic find gear i still have 100k dps (ss DH) and chew thru it very quickly. so i have literally id'd hundreds of yellows. Amazing the level 52-53 items that drop also... Even
    well ill tell you where blizzard can jam this game...

Even threw in a few inferno whimsy runs with a friend. Thanks blizzard, i got the hamburger thing for my troubles. I have 100 hours on barb, 100 hours on DH and around 5200 elite pack kills, i dont plan to add one more hour to that until, well until ever because this game sucks. Sure i got my monies worth if you compare cost vs hours played but seriously what a joke of a release this game is. Farming inferno constantly for a ZOMGFTWBBQWTF set or ledgendary item to drop and relise it is utter **** along with all of their "rare" counterparts.

0 Friends online all afternoon, used to be 10+ per day. This is not just real life friends but also randoms met in public games that i have regularly played with. I look at last time logged on and most of them have not been on in days...

PvP will not rescue this game, of course we will return out of curiosity and then see what an even bigger joke that is compared to the rest of the game and quit again.

Anyone who wants to buy some amazing DH dps gear and barb tank gear drop me a line coz thats it for me.

Edit: and that 1 decent item i found.. price it however i like on the AH it never sells, just like everything else. anyone apart from bots use the AH?... o wait we all have to, thats how the game was designed.
  12. Aug 8, 2012
    What a let down. Game had so much potential but once you hit inferno the blacksmith has it right when he says "too much work, not enough profit." Can put in weeks worth of gameplay and not get anywhere gear-wise which pretty much puts progression at an either stop or extremely difficult pace. Add the real money AH and this game turns into one of those iphone/android games where the game isWhat a let down. Game had so much potential but once you hit inferno the blacksmith has it right when he says "too much work, not enough profit." Can put in weeks worth of gameplay and not get anywhere gear-wise which pretty much puts progression at an either stop or extremely difficult pace. Add the real money AH and this game turns into one of those iphone/android games where the game is pretty much impossible without purchasing perks and addons from the developer's ingame store. I'm a retired WoW player who played from vanilla to farming LK in WoTLK and for the longest time loved Blizz. But, now that they ruined the Diablo franchise (my opinion), I don't think I can forgive them. Diablo II saved me while I was in Iraq during down time. I played it on a super old Micron laptop that could barely run it. Loved the crap out of that game. I seriously think this game would of been better off as an iPad game for $9.99. Then the expectations wouldn't of been as high after what, 8 years of planning and development? (could be off on that number) In D2 there was a variety of skill builds that were feasable end game. So far in D3 there's 1 for my inferno act2 barb that works decent and 1 for my inferno act2/3ish wizard. Both are slow kill tanks. Fun times. The one part that gets me the most though is that I found my self playing the damn AH waaaay longer than I was playing the actual game! I'd spend hours browsing page after page for affordable upgrades since you're only allowed to have 3 search attributes and limited sorting. Then if you have a bid on something with less than an hour you don't want to start a game since by the time you get your 5 stacks in Act III you don't want to quit and lose them. That's a broken system in my book. I bought the game for the killing, not to play wannabe Ebay master.

Totally unacceptable from a company as big as Blizz and shame on ActiBlizz. Haven't logged in to D3 in almost a month now and probably won't be going back unless there are HUGE changes including being able to progress in a feasable amount of time without the RMAH and making other skills and builds enjoyable and playable. I give it a 2 instead of a 1 for at the very least giving me the first 30-50 hours of enjoyable gameplay where gear that dropped actually helped me progress. Oh wait, I almost forgot. Nevermind on the 2. I'm giving a 1 instead for forcing me to log in to play a solo game. There is tons of cheating and exploits going on in your game as is so, much good that all worked out huh? Took a 8 hour road trip not that long ago, couldn't play cause mobile hot spot was way too laggy. Guess what I did for those 8 hours. Friggin AH ebay master. Horrible.
  13. Aug 8, 2012
    I find a few good things about D3, like the combat, the skill calculator, the spells, the runes and of course the detail of the cinematics. The story, maps/dungeons, bosses, npc's and basic mobs are all boring and bland but ok none the less. The biggest problems w/ this game start to show in inferno and really rear their ugly heads in Act 2+ inferno. The elite packs RNG affix, the crap RNGI find a few good things about D3, like the combat, the skill calculator, the spells, the runes and of course the detail of the cinematics. The story, maps/dungeons, bosses, npc's and basic mobs are all boring and bland but ok none the less. The biggest problems w/ this game start to show in inferno and really rear their ugly heads in Act 2+ inferno. The elite packs RNG affix, the crap RNG gear stats, the amount of ridiculously low ilvl gear dropping in inferno, the insane lack of gear drops that could be an upgrade which in turn these things all herd players to the GAH/RMAH in order to get gear to progress to a non-existent end game. The lack of drops for a lot of players that don't want to play the AH means a lack of incentive to continue to play the game. For those that play the AH and farm for hundreds and hundreds of hours to make $100 a month, more power to you, but for some of us this isn't the game we bought into. It turns out that Blizzard created D3 as a way to continue to feed their greed using the Diablo series name. Such a shame. Expand
  14. Aug 8, 2012
    Diablo 3 does more things wrong then right, but you will not really notice them until you reach max level (which is reached very fast, relatively speaking.) For a brand new game coming out the issues that were present on release would not be such an issue if they were addressed, which they were not. Instead, Blizzard decide to patch up multiple play styles that players have in an attemptDiablo 3 does more things wrong then right, but you will not really notice them until you reach max level (which is reached very fast, relatively speaking.) For a brand new game coming out the issues that were present on release would not be such an issue if they were addressed, which they were not. Instead, Blizzard decide to patch up multiple play styles that players have in an attempt to get the player to focus on AH and RMAH. These types of actions by blizzard shows that they would rather make as much money as possible instead of fixing the integrity of the game, aka itemization and playing progression.

Blizzard made a lot of bad choices right after launch in favor to get players to use the AH/RMAH instead of playing the game. Players now have to grind for hours at a time to have any hope of finding gear, while being stuck using the same skills none stop. At the release of the game, this was not true. You could play the game for 30 minutes and feel rewarded. At soon as RMAH was released, the game was destroyed as well as any hope of focusing players on the game inself rather the the RMAH.

If you are looking to play a game for 100 hours for 60 bucks, then Diablo 3 is for you. If your looking for a game that will last a long time, look some where else. Diablo 3's dev team only focus is to take your money and spend it on RMAH.

One final note: This is why this game gets the lowest score possible in my mind. Blizzard will not restore any items lost for any reason at all. Even if you put money on RMAH and a bug occurs and it takes your money, and even if they realize this to be true, they will not restore ANYTHING. FOR ANY REASON.
    If Blizzard wants to do RMAH, they have to go head over heels for the player, not screw them over.
    This game is the biggest disappoint for me then Spore and Black and White 2 combined. Blizzard's team should be ashamed of themselves for ruining something that could of last the ages.
  15. Aug 12, 2012
    This game is boring, dumb, has zero innovation and it's a shameless attempt for Blizzard to earn some "tax" money from people who already payed them for their game. Worst $60 ever spent IMO.
  16. Sep 21, 2012
    worst game ever the critics are as full of @*#^ as Blizzard is MAJOR FAIL Blizzard your company needs better writers and a overhaul. if i could do one thing with this game it would be to get my MONEY BACK or PUBLICLY BURN it so that no one will make the same mistake i made.
  17. Sep 6, 2012
    It's obvious that the "professional critics" who wrote this game as favorable are in blizzards pocket. Unless you actually want to repeatedly kill bosses for the .000013 percent that they'll actually drop loot that will benefit your progress, you'll have to buy items in the RMAH. It's a treadmill with a carrot on a stick. Do not buy it or support Blizzard products until they stop rapingIt's obvious that the "professional critics" who wrote this game as favorable are in blizzards pocket. Unless you actually want to repeatedly kill bosses for the .000013 percent that they'll actually drop loot that will benefit your progress, you'll have to buy items in the RMAH. It's a treadmill with a carrot on a stick. Do not buy it or support Blizzard products until they stop raping their own player base. Expand
  18. Sep 9, 2012
    I've seen a lot of "0" user score and I really don't think that's fair. Diablo 3 got many good features and visuals but lacks in gameplay, end-game and variation. Though the negative clearly beats the positive, I still feel that a solid "4" is a good score for Diablo 3. They simplified too much, we don't have many choices when it comes to spells and stats. The difficulty was horribly done,I've seen a lot of "0" user score and I really don't think that's fair. Diablo 3 got many good features and visuals but lacks in gameplay, end-game and variation. Though the negative clearly beats the positive, I still feel that a solid "4" is a good score for Diablo 3. They simplified too much, we don't have many choices when it comes to spells and stats. The difficulty was horribly done, no extra mechanics, no tactic was needed because it was only a gear-check. And by that I mean, if you had good enough gear, you could just slaughter your way through with ease. And because an Action House existed, the gameplay changed. Now people farmed GOLD to use in the Action House to get the best gear. This game fails on so many levels compared to Diablo 1 and 2. They are releasing some patches which is good don't get me wrong, but I don't think any patch can save Diablo 3. They failed and they know it. Too bad because I was looking forward to this game, but disappointment was all I got. Expand
  19. Sep 12, 2012
    So, 12 years later, Diablo 3... I've spent quite some time on this one now, and i have very mixed feelings. Let's say it straight, I'm really disappointed. Most of what I'll say won't have any sense for those whose Diablo 3 is the first game from the Diablo series to be played, because it heavily relies on the game experience i had with its predecessor So, let's explore how the successorSo, 12 years later, Diablo 3... I've spent quite some time on this one now, and i have very mixed feelings. Let's say it straight, I'm really disappointed. Most of what I'll say won't have any sense for those whose Diablo 3 is the first game from the Diablo series to be played, because it heavily relies on the game experience i had with its predecessor So, let's explore how the successor of Diablo 1 and 2, two games that were big hits and set as references for the H 'n S genre, is, after around 200h :
    - Maniability : It's as easy to control as it seems.it's instinctive if you played any H n' S game correctly done before. - Graphics : I'd distinguish 2 parts of the graphical parts of the games : The Art and The Engine. The artistic part is solid, coherent, event if i think the visibility is too much open to give any sense of vigilance, you'll rarely be surprised by what is coming. The Engine... Would it be 2004 i'd say "woaaah", but seriously, for nowadays standards... Good thing the art team did a good job coming up with a very nice result which doesn't require very detailed objects, cause the engine have random frame rate dropouts on computers which are able to run it with 20% of their capacity. The detail level of monsters is low but fine considered they are fitted for their display at screen. It could be better, but the difference wouldn't be that great. The nearly unacceptable point is the players' characters detail. Kind of thing you expect from, let's say, warcraft 3, not a game which was released 10 years later. But otherwise, it's quite pleasant to look at.
    - Music : The music isn't bad in itself. It's about, -standard-. I can't really remember it right now that I'm not in front of the game, not a proof a real quality, but it's ok. Yet, that's one of the biggest let down i had : where's the creepy, heavy atmosphere that was genially crafted by matt uelman? Without the tense atmosphere, and the open views, the dark themed diablo universe loose its purpose, that is, well, being dark, oppressive. It now feels as empty, soulless
    - Scenario : There was one? I couldn't force myself to pay it attention : Since the atmosphere of the game is gone, so is any "immersive" credibility of it's story. It's not it's not here, i just couldn't help being not interested in it. It sounded stereotypical anyway, but whatever, that's not what you search first in that genre. And if you really wonder, most review confirm it as being bad/previsible
    - Gameplay : The most important part of the game. As going on and on with the game, i wished to reach the point when it becomes good. In the end, that point didn't exists. Well, It's flawed in so many ways. I'll just list most impactfull ones. Absolutely no char customisation except items. Ridiculous damage system : All damages are based on the weapon's damage, even wizard's spells. Yea spells with an good humungous 2 handed axe are better than your average wand... There was a tear in my eye once i realized it worked that way in this opus. Reduced and barely chosable skills, because once you eliminate inefficient or useless skills, your builds are quite limited. In fact, the gameplay can be reduced by : "items, items, moar items". That's about it. By time you get what you need, any so called challenge or required strategy will be acquired by stupid griding needed to get your gear up to the requirements. And then comes in all the other things that don''t go in any of theses categories : from the vastly criticised always online system (impossibilities to play sometime, can't play without network, plus i had my share of deaths due to lag in solo games, a stupid thing in itself), the ethically questionable EULA which say you pay for a right of use, and don't own absolutely anything (seems trivial, go search forums and you'll see it's not as soon there's a disagreement with Blizzard), unresellable game, the Pay2Win system with Real Money Auction House, if you don't want to do endless grind in the game.
    To tell you my feel with this game : it's like it was designed in a reverse order : We want a RMAH, so let's design the game so you rely solely on items. Just exping could be waste of that item economy, let's just put a low level cap, and remove any exp loose, and all characters the same, so very soon all the players have to care about are items. Yea that design kind of works. But when you dig it, it sucks. Really. I wish i didn't continue to play for so long trying to find a game experience this game just doesn't have, I could have tried to get a refund then, because thinking i gave them money for an about below average game apparently designed solely around the idea of making money and even depriving the customers from the right to even own what they bought just really doesn't make me happy. Please blizzard, you now earn enough money as it is, now start again to make the awesome games you used to ...
  20. Sep 20, 2012
    I wanted to love this game. I really did. But the loot is abysmal and they patch so slowly that by the time they fix the broken loot system it could be 2014!!! I have hundreds of hours logged. Spent a small fortune on the RMAH (Yes I am a complete and utter fool for this decision). My only defense for doing so was after 250 hours and still having a crappy character with terrible gear II wanted to love this game. I really did. But the loot is abysmal and they patch so slowly that by the time they fix the broken loot system it could be 2014!!! I have hundreds of hours logged. Spent a small fortune on the RMAH (Yes I am a complete and utter fool for this decision). My only defense for doing so was after 250 hours and still having a crappy character with terrible gear I thought maybe the RMAH was my salvation. That's what's called desperation folks. And as I played into my Paragon Levels (20) I realized things weren't getting better. No good drops, laggy servers, a dead friends list from all the quitters, I give up, throw in the towel. D3 is a huge time and money sink. And the only reason you keep logging in is to hopefully catch that carrot that's always just out of reach. Don't waste your time or your hard earned money. Check out Torchlight II, that's a game that will give you your ARPG fix for years, and not get you into obnoxious credit card debt just so you can complete the game. Expand
  21. Sep 22, 2012
    Diablo. The one game we all once loved (and still love) gone utter trash (d3) due to the blatantly idiots from blizzard. Total WoW system. Basically its World of Diablocraft. Only with a hack and slash system.
    Every true D1&D2 player knows that this is NOT diablo 3. I'm sad that this great title got ruined into bottomless void....
  22. Sep 22, 2012
    Superbad game. Boring, money-making, over and over boring game. Blizzard, what have you done? Where is the spirit of the old "Blizzard North" of the original Diablo? Where? Oh, wait a minute...? It's runic's game "Torchlight II".
  23. Sep 24, 2012
    Diablo 3, somewhat a step back from diablo 2.

Diablo 3, somewhat a step back from diablo 2.

Though the graphics is much better, many of the original aspect of the game is lacking. First would be the skills and character build customization. With every patch, it just seems blizzard is changing the skills enough so people would stop using their current configuration and adopt a different one. Although it is debatable not selecting stats was a good thing, I feel it was just missing an aspect for you to actually explore different built path. Because of how they worked scaling, there could really be one stat allocation method anyways. So I guess it is a fine thing they locked the stats lvling since 90% of the stats come from equip anyways.

Diablo 3 had a rough start at first. Now Blizzard is putting forth more changes and making big improvements to the system. Now there are slightly more balanced skills minus some obvious mistakes of changing 300% to 1500% more damage (as the primary thing that pissed me off, how did they even release it like this). Regardless things are getting over simplified, skills are almost all the same across all players of the same class with every patch. Tried to make people have a choice, but in the end a few clicks away and change the entire build to adjust to the patch changes.

Crafting system for equipment is beyond terrible now. People can easily find ilvl 63 items and hope to get something alright than get a godly ilvl62 crafted item which is just equiv in stats to that ilvl 63. Diablo 3 did do well with letting people have individual drops. The norm and nightmare mode is reasonable for difficulty as well, letting fresh players have a lot of fun playing it. After that it is mostly gear grind or just spend a little on the auction house to get all the top gear and breeze through the difficulties (another aspect that really annoyed me, RMAH)
  24. Sep 25, 2012
    Amazing graphics. Fun story, but pointless after first play through. IF you enjoy the grind then the game is fine...otherwise it gets old fast. Feels like a player has to constantly buy stuff from the auction house for good loot and to progress in the game. Crafting rarely gives you anything of value.

They should have tuned normal to be nightmare difficulty to provide some challenge to the game up front.
  25. Sep 25, 2012
    I give this a 5 because it just can't seem to fall on one side of the fence towards good or bad. This game was very fun and new for Act 1, but it just becomes numbingly empty after that.

Perhaps in the future Blizzard will put out a better Diablo that has learned lessons from games such as Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2!

Come on Blizz, do better next time!
  26. Sep 25, 2012
    I purchased the CE. Honestly felt like somebody ran up to me and stole my wallet with $130 AU in it. My review does not take in to account any of the login issues and is based of the gameplay experience.

The first day or so of this game was fun as it took me back to the old days of playing Diablo 1 and 2. A lot of friends and colleagues were playing the game. After a week most of them had dropped off without even hitting max level. I continued playing with the 1 or 2 friends left in the game and hit inferno. After that the fun experience came to an end. I failed to see any motivation to grind on act 1 and then eventually act 2 over and over just to get to act 3 and maybe act 4 to well... just keep on grinding. If people want to grind a game to may a few $$$ that's up to them. Personally I go to work for $$$ and play games for fun. Just another great example of what Bli$$ard has now become. Sure they might be rolling in cash at the moment from all the suckers out there but are people dumb enough to keep paying for this rubbish... some may be but I hope the intelligent people out there will teach them not to bite the hand that feeds them over and over or they will eventually go without food.
  27. Sep 26, 2012
    Played for FOUR months.
    After 4 months of this game I can finally say I'm sick of playing a beta.
    NO game should ever make the kind of drastic changes that Blizzard makes with Diablo 3 on a monthly basis. Fixing things is understandable, every game has it's bugs that gets fixed. But full on changing things because they DID NOT TEST THEM is punishing the players for BLIZZARDS mistake.
    Played for FOUR months.
    After 4 months of this game I can finally say I'm sick of playing a beta.

A test realm was not even created until patch 1.05 (which is not out yet). They also changed almost every skill at least once because after release they decided they did not like the way the skills worked. They worked 100% as intended.. and when players built their classes around that skill, blizzard takes it into their own hands to decide what is fun for the players.

Blizzard has also admitted that drops are 100% effected by the Auction House... why? So the economy doesn't crash in a matter of weeks. Well.. here we are.. 4 months later.. and gold is at $0.50 per million gold.

The most recent addition to the patches.. The Infernal Machine.
    Basically... go find a key.. use the key on a door.. face Uber bosses.
    Sound familiar? That's because the idea was from Diablo 2. Gee... They're already out of unique ideas???

Final Fantasy XIV is currently one step below Diablo 3 on User Metacritic reviews.
    Square Enix COMPLETELY has overhauled and redesigned that game. Admitted they screwed up. Lead developed resigned, along with most of the development team. Blizzard/Activision needs to step up and demand Jay Wilson resign, along with his team. They are not improving a game that could EASILY be improved, just not the way they would like it to be for their own personal preference. The easiest way that could be produced in a few months... The addition of skill points and skill trees.
    As of right now. Strip down every level 60 barbarian and you have 100% identical barbarians. Identical skills and stats available. The addition of paragons however did allow players to gain VERY small amounts of skill points. But that does not change the fact that their will ALWAYS be a dominant build for each class, and everytime that build is used by a majority of the players, blizzard has chosen to nerf the builds. If a certain ability is used too often.. nerf it. If a certain trait on items is equipped to often.. nerf it. ANYTHING that is being done by too many people, blizzard will and has nerfed it. Until a new team or methodology of running this game is developed, it is doomed to fail much sooner than it ever should.
  28. Dui
    Dec 2, 2012
    I will be as straight as I can possibly be. Either you are a Diablo fan who played the previous games and now you are deeply frightened of what has became with our deeply loved franchise, or on the other hand you are an youngling who doesnt know a thing and is pretty happy with the DIII. If the first case is true for you, get Path of Exile and try to forget this has been ever released.
  29. Dec 2, 2012
    Beautiful graphics, nice first impression. Very careless changes and maintenance by Blizzard turn the game into a constant source of frustration.
    Every week, your long hours boosting a character, turn to waste due to 'engine balance'.
    Then you spend hours of farming getting awesome items just to login in and see they halved the power of your equipped items. The only way to like this

The only way to like this game is start playing it now; or stop playing after finishing it on easy mode.
    If you, like me, started playing on the release date, that's not possible anymore.
  30. Dec 2, 2012
    Let's cover why Diablo 3 is the biggest disappointment in recent gaming history, and why it can't be fixed as long as the game revolves around the auction house.

Playing video games is meant to be a rewarding process - you play the game, it rewards you. In Diablo's case, rewards are in the form of better loot, better stats/abilities and (to a lesser extent) advancing the story.

First, the character leveling and abilities. While the abilities in the game are mostly useful and fun, the game takes away most of the character customisation from you by leveling up your character stats automatically for you. The only real choice you get is to swap between abilities. It's almost as if they game gives you a present, but then has someone else open it for you. Leveling up is also meant to bring with it better loot drops, but we'll get to that.

Next, there's the story. Put it this way - you don't replay this game for the story. Plus the difficuly of the game - What is it with games these days being so easy unless you crank the difficulty all the way up? And why can't I up the difficulty from the start of this game? Diablo is so easy on the Normal setting and even on Nightmare it is embarassing, meaning players who play it for the story get through it once easily, and don't feel the need to play it again.

Lastly, and most importantly, the loot, because at its core, Diablo is a loot game. Nothing beats the feeling of finding an awesome loot upgrade. The biggest problem with Diablo 3 is that its loot system has been quite obviously designed entirely around the online auction house economy, and this most important game reward system is severely compromised as a result. Playing previous Diablo games was addictive, because of the constant drip feeding of slightly better loot. The problem with Diablo 3 is that Blizzard wants you to use the online auction house, and wants it to have a healthy economy with reasonable prices for gold and loot. They want good gear to be worth shelling out for. They want premium loot to command a premium price. The problem is when you are dealing with real money, you immediately lure 'bots and professional players to spend thousands of hours farming gold and loot to sell. This necessitates good loot drops to be ridiculously rare, because if loot drops weren't tuned for these players, the auction house would be flooded with cheap quality gear. If the game gave typical players good loot drops, there's no need to use the auction house, and items in the auction house would be worthless. Further, to protect their online real money economy (and handily to also act as DRM), this necessitated the horrible requirement of the game being online only, with a thin game client connecting to Blizzard's servers to proof it against hackers. No internet, or servers offline? Sorry, no game. No offline play forces all players into their new in-game economy. Because face it, if you were allowed offline play, the save files would be offline too, and that opens up the game to inventory editors, which would take money and value away from items in the auction house. To further increase the demand for good gear, they have made the game so difficult on the hardest level that you are fully dependent on having quality gear just to survive, and with good loot drops being so rare, you almost have to resort to pay to win. And repair costs for your gear are also high, meaning if you die a lot, you quickly run out of gold trying to repair the gear you have. Even if you're fine with paying to win, typical casual players have next to no chance of being rewarded for playing the game by having that rush of euphoria that comes with good gear drops that keeps you coming back to the game. So unfortunately the loot reward aspect of the game has been compromised severely.

To add to the disappointment is the level design, which degrades as you play through the game. It's obvious that care was lavished on Act 1, but by the end of the game, that same quality isn't there. The game's signature random levels aren't random enough, not making the game feel unique enough on repeated play throughs. Plus making a mockery of Blizzard's "when it's done" release approach, Diablo 3 is still most definitely not 'done', with the promised PVP feature still missing from the game.

So there you have it. A once-great franchise, compromised by Blizzard Activision's attempt to create another ongoing revenue stream. If this game didn't bear the Diablo name, nobody would have bothered with this game and put up with the awful loot drops and always on DRM. It's unfortunate that Diablo 3 is so unrewarding to play, because there is still a slick hack-n-slash engine in there. I wonder if 10 years after the release of this game, you'll even still be able to play it if Blizzard deem it too expensive to keep the online servers going. Blizzard should have identified these fundamental game issues. This game is too expensive at any price.
  31. Jun 4, 2013
    All Blizzard had to do was remake Diablo 2 with updated graphics and no RMAH. Always online for single player mode? What a waste of $60 this game was!
  32. Jun 16, 2013
    I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player!? What exactly is on that disc?! It is a sick joke... Give my money and wasted time back!
  33. Nov 8, 2013
    Listen to the one's who play this game! IT SUCKS, the critics are being PAID by Blizzard to give it such a high rating, but the PEOPLE have spoken. We've been waiting 12 years for this game to come out and the best they can do is give us rip offs of gemcraft (the gemstones) and WoW(the graphics) I wasted my money on this game and I don't even want a refund, I deleted it off my hard drive.Listen to the one's who play this game! IT SUCKS, the critics are being PAID by Blizzard to give it such a high rating, but the PEOPLE have spoken. We've been waiting 12 years for this game to come out and the best they can do is give us rip offs of gemcraft (the gemstones) and WoW(the graphics) I wasted my money on this game and I don't even want a refund, I deleted it off my hard drive. They control the forum chat, which by the way is where the REAL REVIEWS ARE and if they don't like what you say, they BAN YOU FOR DAYS. They refuse to make the game offline and force you to play a crappy story line, they put some girl in the game as a lead character and it just can't be taken seriously anymore. My heart stays at LOD because of the legacy it holds for me having played it all these years. I don't know what is going on with greedy blizzard but I wouldn't call it Diablo III it's more like an offbrand arcade of what once was and ALSO, they took out characters and items ONLY to put them back in the expansion?...uh RIP OFF. Why weren't they in the first release, it only seems LOGICAL. Wow this whole game is a scam, and I do NOT NOT NOT recommend it. The story line sucks, the forum chat is controled by blizzard bots who seemingly seem to comment on your every post magically as soon as you write it. BOOM 5 replies all bismerching and uncrediting your source...interesting because the MAJORITY doesn't lie. This game blows and I'm disapointed and angry that they've done nothing to fix it other than to make us pay for an expansion. The expansion should be a patch. Only then will I continue to play. I just can't believe all the people who are paid to say that this is a good game.... BS. Expand
  34. May 20, 2012
    Let me just start by saying I made this account on metacritic for the soul purpose of expressing what a disappointment this game was. A. Graphics, pathetic let down. Very cartoonish/childish, with a little bit of lame gore. B. Constant internet connections. Often random episodes of lag that are not from me, but from the servers, sometimes to the point where it is unplayable, wouldn'tLet me just start by saying I made this account on metacritic for the soul purpose of expressing what a disappointment this game was. A. Graphics, pathetic let down. Very cartoonish/childish, with a little bit of lame gore. B. Constant internet connections. Often random episodes of lag that are not from me, but from the servers, sometimes to the point where it is unplayable, wouldn't dream of attempting hardcore in such conditions
    C.No customization. Though I do personally like new form of "talent tree" they set up, I would like to be able to customize how my character looks.
    D. Blizzard does not care its customers are unsatisfied and just has the mentality of 'They will get used to it.'

Conclusion: The general feel of the game is it was made for money without the gamer in mind. Blizzard is a horrible company now that is just another greedy corporate company. Can't wait until a new company comes in and takes these greedy pigs out of business.
  35. May 26, 2012
    You expect to be able to play a game youve paid $60 for. Especially single player campaign offline when "servers" are down.
    Other than that, the game looks like a bad MMO from 10 years ago.
  36. May 26, 2012
    A big let down can play single player with out being logged in. graphics are ok nothing big. If they wanted to make a good game then they should have done away with the log in stuff for a single player game i can care less about co-op
  37. May 26, 2012
    I'm currently in nightmare mode and really have no desire to play the same bad storyline over again. I kill bosses for the first time in nightmare mode and they don't even drop rares...I feel like this game really wasn't in development for the past 12 years....I feel like this has been pushed out onto us incomplete. I played both D1 and D2 as a teen and can remember having tons of fun.I'm currently in nightmare mode and really have no desire to play the same bad storyline over again. I kill bosses for the first time in nightmare mode and they don't even drop rares...I feel like this game really wasn't in development for the past 12 years....I feel like this has been pushed out onto us incomplete. I played both D1 and D2 as a teen and can remember having tons of fun. This is simply not the case here. I mildly enjoyed the first play through of D3. The story was very poor. I was disappointed with the character development. The item drop/randomization is in my opinion broken. The server problems really weren't an issue, nonetheless, I didn't appreciate paying for something and not being able to use it when I wanted. Overall, I think Blizzard put no thought into this game. They decided to put out an incomplete product. I was anticipating this game for years. I thought I would be lost in the demonic and frightening world of Diablo 3, instead i found myself in a kid like WoW looking game. Very disappointed...... Expand
  38. May 26, 2012
    Incredibly polished, but unplayable for me due to unreliable internet, entire game lagged in single player, constant disconnects and unable to connect makes it unplayable, loss of progress and general poor form from the developers. This is the very last time I spend any money on products which use DRM.
  39. May 29, 2012
    The problem with critical reviews of this game is that critics are expected to churn out judgement based on sitting down and playing the game for a few hours (or a few days at the most) before they need to write an article about it. This is accurate of how Diablo 3 is. Play it for a few hours or a few days and you'll tend to say "best game ever." Play it longer than that though and theThe problem with critical reviews of this game is that critics are expected to churn out judgement based on sitting down and playing the game for a few hours (or a few days at the most) before they need to write an article about it. This is accurate of how Diablo 3 is. Play it for a few hours or a few days and you'll tend to say "best game ever." Play it longer than that though and the impression (very, very) quickly fades. I am giving this game a 1-rating despite being a (former) Blizzard fan not only because the game requires you to always be online with servers that are very unreliable - these things can be fixed given time. The reason I am giving this game a 1-rating are because: 1) the game is too short, 2) it assumes you'll have to play the game over and over and over (ad infinitum) just to progress to the higher difficulty levels. It requires you to either grind for gear or scour the AH and in this regard, it loses what made the Diablo franchise fun. It was FUN to kill monsters. It's NOT FUN getting 1-shotted in Inferno difficulty because, despite grinding hours for gear, the RNG gods have not yet given you enough gear to be able to handle this level of difficulty. In this regard, Diablo 3 becomes a game not of skill, but of luck. There's no aspect of strategy here. To be able to survive Inferno, you need to have a very specific build with a very specific (and very hard to find or very expensive) gear.

This is not the game for you if you just want to sit back after a long tiring day at work and kill stuff and be happy about it. This is a game for people who either play games for a living, or have enough money in their Daddy's trust fund that they can afford never to work a day in their life and can spend all of it playing this game.
  40. May 29, 2012
    Diablo III is what looks to be a lovingly crafted loot fest with some smooth animation, a nice UI, intuitive and easy to get up and running without reading a single word. Unfortunately - if you don't read up on the game before you buy it, or any of the 3 EULAs (although by that stage its too late), you won't know that you might not actually be able to see said smooth animation etc on yourDiablo III is what looks to be a lovingly crafted loot fest with some smooth animation, a nice UI, intuitive and easy to get up and running without reading a single word. Unfortunately - if you don't read up on the game before you buy it, or any of the 3 EULAs (although by that stage its too late), you won't know that you might not actually be able to see said smooth animation etc on your single player game that you bought to play on your computer at home by yourself because some other computer (Blizzard's) is having problems.

Really? I can't play my single player game because Blizzard can't cope with providing the server side of things, a requirement they gracefully forced down my throat with a jaggedly broken broom handle? I have single player lag? How did that oxymoron ever see the light of day? Auction house this, DRM that, blah blah blah. I don't care. This is not even close to good enough.
  41. AKY
    May 29, 2012
    2 Weeks in and the Servers are still so bad that most of the time you cant even log in, much less play without lag. The Auction house has been down the majority of both weeks.

The storyline is abysmal, Inferno Difficulty is "fake nintendo" hard consisting of nothing truly difficult, just Impossible sets of modifiers on packs. You don't even get to enjoy the boss fights since they've been nerfed EXP and Loot wise.

Jokes on me though, Blizzard already got my money!
  42. May 29, 2012
    A single player game that lags, now I've seen it all... really unplayable at times. The game it self is pretty decent when it works... but having to be online to play single player just gives so many problems that it stops being fun... what a waste of great potential.
  43. May 29, 2012
    Online only for a single player type game..............And you can only play when blizzard decides to let you. Terrible story and terrible support from blizzard. I want my money back!
  44. Jun 19, 2012
    It's an inferior Pay2Win MMORPG; without the RPG, without the MMO. D2 and D3 have nothing in common as far as game mechanics are concerned. Even aesthetically they have nothing in common, heck Diablo's a female now with boobs.
  45. Jun 8, 2012
    TERRIBLE, i literally made this account to warn you how bad it is. story trash, customization trash, skill factor trash,replay value trash,fun factor trash, pvp not even a duel feature at release... so trash, itemising trash, u want to have best gear forget playing game only xploits and cheats farm good gear rest is bought by farmers the sec its posted in ah so some dude who owns 20 copiesTERRIBLE, i literally made this account to warn you how bad it is. story trash, customization trash, skill factor trash,replay value trash,fun factor trash, pvp not even a duel feature at release... so trash, itemising trash, u want to have best gear forget playing game only xploits and cheats farm good gear rest is bought by farmers the sec its posted in ah so some dude who owns 20 copies and doesnt even play the game has all the good loots but who cares becuz by inferno uve played this weak ass story to death and its just not fun.mele classes in inferno are used for gibb kiting oh man let me farm repairs so i can die 15x while rng class kites cuz respawn is skill right? im not even touching base on how fail the servers were at launch and prolly still are as i unstalled this trash, its really pathetic that i am looking for expansion news 1 week after launch cuz all there is todo is kill broken elite mobs which i would have to farm A1 hundred times becuz the others way too hefty in repairs to make money and spend that money on items the gold farmers flipped 10x already up to a gabillion gold, but again why look in ah for what this game is bad i dont want better gear to farm faster money to rinse repeat if i needed more complaints the craft system is a joke cost before mats are more then u could fetch for crap u can make, the gear is ugly and share a few common overused skins im just curious how many of these critics on MC must have stock in blizzard becus that MetaScore is clearly not from anyone who played this trash. ugh just avoid it its BAD Expand
  46. Jun 23, 2012
    Do you like fun?

If you answered yes to this question, stay far away from this game.

Visuals are solid, sound is solid. Dialogue and story are glue sniffing retarded.

The game has 0 replayability, boring monotonous gameplay and its endgame consists of being an unpaid item farmer.

Horrid game.
  47. Jun 25, 2012
    Hi, I played Diablo Diablo 2 and of course all Blizzard games, Starcraft was awesome but this years Diablo 3 does not simply meet high Blizzard games level. Mediocre story, world of warcraft copying, connection issues, confusing auction house , repeating game again and again to get required items, stupid mobs difficulty based on your dps and not skill. It simply is not worth 60 euros IHi, I played Diablo Diablo 2 and of course all Blizzard games, Starcraft was awesome but this years Diablo 3 does not simply meet high Blizzard games level. Mediocre story, world of warcraft copying, connection issues, confusing auction house , repeating game again and again to get required items, stupid mobs difficulty based on your dps and not skill. It simply is not worth 60 euros I paid. "Thank you" Blizzard, I bought all your games but will use cracked version next time to compensate this sh...... Expand
  48. Jun 27, 2012
    Welcome to the future gaming. A real money item shop in the game for 60$, with a feeble diablo-clone attached to it and sweet-fap-advertisements (reviews). An always online single player mode, with queues to play the single player mode.
  49. Jul 21, 2012
    Wow... there isnt much more I can say about this game that hasnt already been said.

So I will talk about the company that allows you to play it. I have been on the Diablo 3 forums from day 1 reading and commenting on constructive criticism because I really wanted the game to be successful. The reason the forums exist is so players can discuss game topics and the state of the game

So I will talk about the company that allows you to play it.

The reason the forums exist is so players can discuss game topics and the state of the game in general. Even when I requested a refund from blizzard they asked me to comment on the reasons I was leaving in their forums.

Well... I have been banned from the forums twice now for what they claim to be "Trolling".

What I did was post inside treads that offered constructive, and well worded feedback, and criticism. Most of these posts even without ToS violations get censored and deleted. It doesnt really matter what you say on thier forums, as long as its not something they agree with.. they simply remove it.

I made a very good post the other day about the difference between F2P and P2P, and based on the fact that Diablo 3's business model is to make residual income from its MicroTransaction using the RMAH, I said that Diablo 3 should convert to F2P to get the majority of the players back.

There was a lot of comments some negative and some very constructive that brought up many good points.

This is what blizzard considers trolling. I did not slander blizzard, I did not say their game sucks, I did not make any negitive comments about the game. I simply showed two arguments on how it should be F2P instead of P2P, and got banned for it.

This company is going down hill, and fast. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how things are going for not only their parent company but blizzard itself.

So to sum it all up:

Diablo is indeed a very bad game. If you need reasons.. just visit any site that provides user feedback.

Blizzard is a bad company and ppl should not buy games or any products from them. It just allows them to keep doing what they are doing. They will ask you for your opinions and then they will censer you, and then they will ban you for them. This company does not like free thinking ppl, and this is even more obvious if you look at how they totally dumped down the game because they think all you consumers are morons.

Just ask Jay Wilson.
  50. Aug 3, 2012
    The perfect example of how games are going. Less content, no thought process needed from players (removed skill point allocation) and more ways for the company to rake in more cash without having to actually do anything (real money auction house). You are forced to play online and have no way at all to have a bit of privacy from your friends as it will show everyone that has you on theirThe perfect example of how games are going. Less content, no thought process needed from players (removed skill point allocation) and more ways for the company to rake in more cash without having to actually do anything (real money auction house). You are forced to play online and have no way at all to have a bit of privacy from your friends as it will show everyone that has you on their list when you are online without offering you any way of discreetly playing without them knowing. How something as simple as an "appear offline" button was left out of a game that makes you log on every time you want to play is beyond my understanding and just causes me to believe even more that the developers truly didn't give a rats a@# about any of their players and just pushed this out for some quick, easy cash.

Honestly, they put in great effort in to their cut-scene animations but everything else just feels lazy.

Profit at the expense of everything and everyone else.
  51. May 15, 2012
    I hate to give a 0 score to Diablo III, graphics are great, weapons are awesome and a lot of great cinematics. BUT! no offline mode. Seems like it's just Diablo II revamped. Mainly servers keep crashing => if it's online only then have it working before the release! I bought a game now that I can't use when I want then the question is what did I pay for?
  52. May 15, 2012
    Another black eye for Blizzard, a complete and blatant failure at launch despite open beta testing showing there server load was no where near ready. Blizzard openly mocking their customers with hamster videos in their twitter feed, and as always blaming the customer for the inability to connect to the game in the first place. In their concerns for piracy they opted not to provide a singleAnother black eye for Blizzard, a complete and blatant failure at launch despite open beta testing showing there server load was no where near ready. Blizzard openly mocking their customers with hamster videos in their twitter feed, and as always blaming the customer for the inability to connect to the game in the first place. In their concerns for piracy they opted not to provide a single player experience in the truest sense, demanding a high speed internet connection to even play the game this has left a bad taste in even the most rabid Blizzard supporters mouth. Most criticism of the game falls on the constant need to be connected to the Blizzard servers, which have spent more time offline then on as launch day continues.

A myriad of installation issues have also been reported, some which had existed even in the beta, but yet were never corrected.

The game it self leaves little ground breaking material, it feels and plays like Diablo II, for a new game it feels more like a expansion on a game nearly a decade old. Your sixty dollars are better spent elsewhere.
  53. May 15, 2012
    I signed up for Metacritic so I could voice my displeasure. Seriously Blizzard you didn't prepare yourself for this. Every single news website said that Diablo is the biggest PC pre-order ever, how can a company like Blizzard screw up the release so bad. Unbelievable. As far as rating the game.....I don't know I haven't had the chance to play it yet, your server keeps crashing.
  54. May 16, 2012
    If you're a fan of the Diablo series, steer clear of this game. It is one of the worst sequels in the history of video games, and frankly, Blizzard should be ashamed.
    The graphics would've been impressive in 2002, but that's minor compared to what happened to the artistic design. The game is incredibly cartoony and does not look or feel at all like Diablo. Even Torchlight which deliberately goes for the cartoony look feels more Diablo-esque. In addition, the environments feel really uninspired and - again, unfitting.
    The soundtrack is a bunch of soulless tryhard orchestral arsegravy, interrupted by a few brief moments of Matt Uelmen.
    The gameplay is somehow even more simplified than in the earlier Diablo games. Even on the harder difficulties, the game is always unbelievably easy. Blizzard kept telling beta players that it gets harder later on, but that was a blatant lie. Customization has been largely removed to make the game even more casual and easy. The game itself is very short with little to do once you complete it. The rune system could've been interesting, but they even screwed that one up. The writing is horrendous and largely saturday morning cartoon level. Don't expect cool, unique boss dialogue that you'll remember for years to come. Instead, you get "You'll never beat me!", as if this were an episode of He-man. Most bosses would better fit a Warcraft title, although some of them might even be too wacky and cartoony for that. The voice acting is quite bad as well, with many of the classes/characters using ludicrous accents that sound hilariously bad. No one speaks like that in the world, and rightly so. It's the Skyrim-effect, where the voice actors (who I have to assume have never heard any foreign person speaking) try to speak with some sort of non-specific, generic foreign accent and end up sounding like a bad Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator. I could go on about the real money auction house, always online DRM, 4 player limit, poor connections and so on, but I think other reviews have already gone over those more than enough times. The bottomline is, if you buy this game you are willingly and knowingly supporting the brutal rape of a once great franchise. If this weren't a Blizzard game, it would already have sunk and been buried, but unfortunately they've got enough blind fanboys who will buy literally anything if it says Blizzard on the cover. Expect this turd to float around for a while yet.
  55. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3, doesn't deserve the name diablo. Ignoring all the launch day issues( I did not calculate those in my rating), the game lacks the grit that diablo 1 and 2 provided. At the time, these games were cutting edge with better graphics and gameplay than everything else around it. Sadly, Blizzard felt the need to "wow-tise" this franchise. WoW graphics with a different color and shadeDiablo 3, doesn't deserve the name diablo. Ignoring all the launch day issues( I did not calculate those in my rating), the game lacks the grit that diablo 1 and 2 provided. At the time, these games were cutting edge with better graphics and gameplay than everything else around it. Sadly, Blizzard felt the need to "wow-tise" this franchise. WoW graphics with a different color and shade pallet truly turned me off, especially remembering the dark gritty feel the previous titles had. The game lacks any true character customization unlike diablo 2, no hours trying to create unique and cool builds, nope. Here a barb, is a barb, is a barb. But what can you expect, since the people that created the games that made blizzard great, left so long ago. Blizzard really did nothing to move it's title forward into 2012, it basically reskinned diablo 2. I also strongly dislike the real money auction house, and the fact that you have to be online to play an RPG with a solo mode. Expand
  56. May 17, 2012
    Comment peut-on demander une connection permanente a un jeu solo ?! Ceci est tout juste une arnaque,2 jours que j'essaye de me connecter et je n'arrive toujours pas à lancer le jeu!
  57. May 17, 2012
    Not only did Blizzard need 10 years to make this sub-par game, they have made it with MMO's in mind and moved it away from the "true way"of hack'n slash. There is so much info out on this game I feel no need to explain. Everything about it is just wrong. I really hope the way many fans react to this game/launch will teach Blizzard and the gaming industry something.
  58. May 17, 2012
    I played D2 again and again for years. This game was said to be in development for years? It just didnt feel like it. At first I didnt get why people say its like a World of Diablo thing, but it does feel like it. I mean the skill system sucks like hell, was this redesigned for people who cant think? The game is so easy, I'm sorry but it is. I dont even notice the music, is there really? II played D2 again and again for years. This game was said to be in development for years? It just didnt feel like it. At first I didnt get why people say its like a World of Diablo thing, but it does feel like it. I mean the skill system sucks like hell, was this redesigned for people who cant think? The game is so easy, I'm sorry but it is. I dont even notice the music, is there really? I didnt even knew of its existence til someone mentioned it here.

I don't know if it was deliberately sabotaged by blizzard so people won't play the game too long and they can return to WoW? But they really lived up to the expectations or a lot of people, it's just a big disappointment.

And it was funny that I was playing SOLO, and I couldnt play it. Coz it seems I need to be online - connected to their servers, which cannot hold players. That's just ridiculous.
  59. May 17, 2012
    The end of an era. Though Diablo 3 can be seen as an improvement in many ways, it is has lost the advantage to games of the time that it's predecessors had. The graphics, monster ai, and user interface feel like the best 2006 has to offer, but are all better then the previous iteration. The bad: complete lack of character progression, auction house can sell you loot that makes game tooThe end of an era. Though Diablo 3 can be seen as an improvement in many ways, it is has lost the advantage to games of the time that it's predecessors had. The graphics, monster ai, and user interface feel like the best 2006 has to offer, but are all better then the previous iteration. The bad: complete lack of character progression, auction house can sell you loot that makes game too easy, auction house has not worked properly since release, loot has been dumbed down and different weapon types are just for show, game servers are constantly down and laggy, story is by far the worst blizzard has ever written, and core gameplay is essentially the same.

The good: cutscenes!
  60. May 18, 2012
    Gave Diablo 3 a very low score due to having to have a constant internet connection to play solo and due to very high latency issues,which I do not have in any other on-line game.It would of been better to have the option of Solo play offline and play via on-line or networked with a totally separate character to solve the fraud issue which they give as the reason to have constantGave Diablo 3 a very low score due to having to have a constant internet connection to play solo and due to very high latency issues,which I do not have in any other on-line game.It would of been better to have the option of Solo play offline and play via on-line or networked with a totally separate character to solve the fraud issue which they give as the reason to have constant connection.
    I would love to know how much this is eating into my 10gig allowance per month....

61. May 20, 2012
    The Diablo franchise has now been reduced to a shameless & soulless cash cow and a slap in the face to all to the fan-base, his is not the game the loyal fans deserved after 12 years of dedication & loyalty.
  62. May 20, 2012
    This is an outrage. Diablo and Online only? The servers are always full, I cant play a single player game because my latency is high! Blizzard made a huge mistake by making online only... Also why change the classic classes? Where is paladin? Where is necromancer? Classes and characters have nothing to do with diablo series. Item system is not great as the old game,no socketThis is an outrage. Diablo and Online only? The servers are always full, I cant play a single player game because my latency is high! Blizzard made a huge mistake by making online only... Also why change the classic classes? Where is paladin? Where is necromancer? Classes and characters have nothing to do with diablo series. Item system is not great as the old game,no socket weapons...Graphics are cool,gameplay is good but I will continue playing Diablo 2 which is a real classic. D3 looks like an isometric camera viewed WoW. Expand
  63. May 20, 2012
    This game is more similar to WOW than Diablo 1/2; this game is simply an R rated version of WOW. Everything that i loved about D2 is gone: no skills points, no class builds, no offline version and no players 8 command. This game is simply terrible because so much of the game has been taken from WOW, and i hate WOW.
  64. May 20, 2012
    Game itself is great, unfortunatly its unplayable due to DRM and bad servers on blizzards side. Atm its been down for 5 hours on sunday. No useful eta or information at all.
  65. May 20, 2012
    bad, very. A half decent game spoilt by always online DRM.
    bad, very. A half decent game spoilt by always online DRM.
    Game is ok, but its damm short, under 4 hours of actual content. Then you get to repeat it ad nausem. Sure grind is in the Diablo series, but the amount of content is laughable. The randomised maps are not really random, as there are far too few tilesets to make them feel different (I had the exact same room complex 5times in one dungeon....).
    A pretty easy, hack and slash game, would be good for a casual clickfest, but alway online DRM and **** servers spoil that.
    Feels more like a F2P browser game than a AAA title,and its way over priced for what it is.
  66. May 20, 2012
    The curious case of Diablo 3. Often it doesn't even works. When it works, it's not that great. Other games, they say "more of the same". Diablo, the say "Hey it's Diablo". No. It's less of the same.
    Born old.
  67. May 20, 2012
    Always online drm, login failures, lags in singleplayer, graphical errors, bugs... this game is simply unplayable. It could be good if one would be able to play it in singleplayer properly.
  68. May 20, 2012
    Bought it on a Thursday and all went well. Downloaded as fast as my connection would handle. Was able to start playing before the download had finished, which was a very nice touch.

Played for about an hour and it was good fun. Tried to play the next day and it was really laggy. Ping had jumped to well over 400+. You'd shoot and nothing would happen for a few seconds. They would all

Played for about an hour and it was good fun.

Tried to play the next day and it was really laggy. Ping had jumped to well over 400+. You'd shoot and nothing would happen for a few seconds. They would all queue up and happen several seconds afterwards. You'd be running around and then be reset back to a previous point. Monsters would warp around the map.

I tried connecting at regular intervals and the ping remained high and the game unplayable till Sat night when the ping dropped to around 250-300. There is no Australian server. You automatically get hooked up to a server in the US. At around 250 the game seems to run fine.

After a few hours it went back up above 400 and was no longer playable. It remained that way for the rest off the weekend and into monday morning when I last checked. At one point it was over 800.

Tracert and other tests show that my connection appears to be fine.

So in all I've had the game for 5 days and been able to play for about 3 hours. And it's only the single player game I want to get into.

Unlike other people I haven't encountered any of the server errors. Just very bad ping and a laggy, unplayable single player game. The client itself has never crashed. I've always ended the connection myself out of frustration.

If you are in Australia I would advise not buying until there are reports that the lag issue has been resolved. When the ping was around 250 the game was playable, even when connected to a US server. So hopefully things will settle down or maybe we will even get a local server. Until then, avoid.
  69. May 21, 2012
    This is the worst game experience I have ever had.

This is the worst game experience I have ever had.

I have not been able to play the game for more than 3-5 minutes at a time which really kills the game experience. I have contacted and tried all of Blizzard's troubleshooting suggestions and some others found on their forums with no success. I even created a partition with only Diablo 3 and the necessary drivers on it while troubleshooting. I have ZERO problems with all other online games and services. Despite this, I struggled through it and played only in brief increments. I amassed some gold and shoddy items only to have my account get hacked today. My guess is that their server was hacked by a typical SQL Injection method, and now my password compromised. I know many other are reporting being hacked recently too.

I waited a week to review the game giving Blizzard a grace period to fix the game. Instead a week later, all my incremental progress is undone by some hacker who probably used SQL injection on their database to get everyone's password. End score is a 0, and this is coming from a Diablo fanboy who loved the beta. You can't score something that doesn't work out of the box.
  70. May 25, 2012
    SAVE YOUR MONEY !
    In short:
    GOOD: - Nice cut-scenes - Audio & dialogs (although at times repetitive, and quite odd...) BAD: - Always online DRM! (unacceptable), played at least 8 games where i got disconnected due to Blizards servers, lost the game I was in and had to waste a good 20 to 30 minutes searching for the moved goal on the map. Also, constant reloading in game of the characters
    SAVE YOUR MONEY !
    In short:
    GOOD:
    - Nice cut-scenes
    - Audio & dialogs (although at times repetitive, and quite odd...)

BAD:
    - Always online DRM! (unacceptable), played at least 8 games where i got disconnected due to Blizards servers, lost the game I was in and had to waste a good 20 to 30 minutes searching for the moved goal on the map. Also, constant reloading in game of the characters position due to high pings...diablo 3 was the onyl game i got over 300 ms ping...every other game not more than 20!....if this game would be saved to my hard drive there would be no issue!
    - Repetitive! (I got bored half way of slashing the same way at enemies....later just pushed for the story...which was overall lackluster, looks like the game was only made to mimic world of warcraft, rather than diablo 1 and 2...
    - NO REPLAY VALUE...yes there are "harder" monsters later on, but that is it...the I finished the game in about 7 or 9 hours tops...with heavy exploring til the mid game areas...later I just got bored.
    - Lackluster graphics...unimpressive dated...stale.
    -idiotically easy enemies...even bosses, lacked any real challenge...i literally stood there holding my mouse button in one spot...till the boss died...
    -BORING!....was unimpressed overall....I bought starcraft 2 on day one...got diablo3 on day 2....I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BLIZZARD GAME! ...save your money for supporting developers that offer worth wile products...diablo 3 feels like a huge hoax at the end....
  71. May 25, 2012
    The biggest question I've been asking is this -- Is Diablo 3 an essentially good game?

Well, of freaking course, compared to some or most games currently. It's a fantastic game. But is it the game Diablo fans, blizzard fans, and the world deserves? Absolutely not. Aside from going into grinding details about the way barrels crush and bodies fly about, I'd like to say boldly; the

Absolutely not.

Aside from going into grinding details about the way barrels crush and bodies fly about, I'd like to say boldly; the settings are quaint but mostly recycled, essential design mechanics are stolen from many many mediocre console games, and the M. Night. Shamalan worthy plot twist is laughably just just terrible. Like really terrible. Like you were pooing 9 and 5/6th years into the production and you came up with this idea.

So is this a good game? Absolutely, it's the most popular game I can think of at the moment. Does it deserve the mass attention? You've done yourselves proud, selling scores of copies.

Is it the game Diablo fans deserve?

!@#$ you.
  72. May 25, 2012
    Terrible. From start to finish. Boring, mediocre, crap. Without purpose, enjoyment, or anything that made diablo 2 great. One giant front end for the RMAH, Nothing more
  73. May 25, 2012
    I was/am a big fan of the Diablo series games but D3 has left me quite disappointed. Anyone that gives this game a glowing review surely never played the previous Diablo games.

To me, Diablo 3 looks and feels like what I would expect a console version of Diablo to be like. It's nothing like the previous versions were. Anyone that buys this game thinking they are going to be able to experiment with character customization has just wasted $60.00. In the end, we all have the same skills and the only thing separating us is the items we are carrying. If you are a Monk and your buddy is a Monk, you are exactly the same.

In previous versions of Diablo I spent countless hours playing characters like the Amazon or Barbarian developing each of their skill trees completely different. You simply can't do that in this game.

I have also seen mention of how this is supposed to be a Loot based game. Well let me tell you, I am about 1/2 way thru nightmare and I have never played a loot based game that generates so much completely worthless junk. In the old Diablo's at least non-magical items were worth a little bit, lugging those items back to town was worth the effort. I don't know why they even included non-magical items, they are a total waste.

Everything is on a timer (including my patience)! Seriously! What is wrong with guzzling potions to avoid death? I have 50 health potions and have to run away from a tough fight to re-charge my healing timer?? If I have the spirit and the potions then let me spend them how I see fit. Really Blizzard it's not a complicated concept, you did it in the past.

I give this game a 4. It's not a total waste of money and there is some entertainment value in H&S with some friends but if you enjoy a feature rich character customizeable experience you won't find it after you install Diablo 3. After about 10 hours of game play you will kill Diablo for the first time and start getting bored of using the same 3 skills over and over and over. The whole hype about the online market thing is totally lost on me as well. I won't be playing this game long enough to care to even visit this store and why would I spend real dollars on items when the character customization is so locked into a single path.

Sorry Blizzard, but this game is all hype and just doesn't deliver. This could have been so much better if you stuck with the format you had in the previous versions.
  74. May 26, 2012
    Loot variety is terrible and feels at the most of only half way completed. I have played free IPAD games have better loot variety than this one right now.

For the skill system it feels like no illegitimate RPG based skill system to me, only a "select your auto attack splash", In addition there is no option to specialize your character to any builds that you want. I have enjoyed the story

I have enjoyed the story for the most part, but it can be a little better.

Replay-ability contains no story alterations for higher difficulties, the feeling of being forced into replaying the "story" portion of the game for harder difficulties, harder difficulties have no depth in order to make it challenging, overall no fun whatsoever.
  75. May 27, 2012
    After thinking about the game now that I've beaten it on normal difficulty with a level 30 monk, I have to say that the game just isnt doing it for me. Visuals aren't consistant, the actual gameplay graphics are cartoony. Sometimes there's a cutscene dialog box with an illustrated picture of the character next to it, like in a standard rpg from the 90's, then there's in game cutscenesAfter thinking about the game now that I've beaten it on normal difficulty with a level 30 monk, I have to say that the game just isnt doing it for me. Visuals aren't consistant, the actual gameplay graphics are cartoony. Sometimes there's a cutscene dialog box with an illustrated picture of the character next to it, like in a standard rpg from the 90's, then there's in game cutscenes with characters talking to each other. On top of that there are outstanding hyper-realistic cgi sequences, and then there are also these sketchy unfinished cutscene storyboard sequences as well, so basically there's 3 differnet art styles conflicting with each other and for me that just takes me out of the experience. Pick one and stick with it for the entire game. Overall the game lacks the gritty darkness and overall gore of diablo 2, and a lot of the areas from this game are rehashed form diablo 2 as well. Audio does the job and the music fits whatever act you're playing, but it doesnt respond to the action like in other games, and it doesn't really stand out even though its professionally done, it's not like you'll be humming the diablo theme song any time soon. So meh, the voice acting is strange at best, the in game chat sequences between your character and whoever it is who's following you are badly written, repeat themselves constantly and aren't very good overall.

The loot system is what most people play the game for but one of the best things about diablo 2 imo was the Horadric Cube which is missing from this game. Instead you get a artisian magic and rare weapons/armor and a jeweler for gems. The artisian will create items with random properties but a lot of the items he can make I wasn't even able to equip on my character, so I stopped using him after act ii and just used items I found on the ground instead. Also you have to play nightmare difficulty to start crafting higher grade gems, and that's really lame because the replay value just isn't there.

The story of the game is pretty lame by rpg standards. It has a few twists but you can spot some of them a mile a way and I stopped reading the cut scenes after the first act, I simply didn't care anymore, the story just doesn't cut it. Overall the game is lacking, its basically a lighter version of diablo 2, it uses a lot of same environments, characters, and monsters, with a story that isn't interesting enough to invest more than a single playthrough.
  76. May 27, 2012
    Played this game for too long now (about a week) it could be argued that 5 min is too long. The server issues at launch are passed not that they were a real problem, I mean 24 hrs after a 12 year wait we could handle it but when you finally start playing. Poor story, poor character customisation, drops that don't make sense(better quality drop worse stats), Cartoon-ish graphics and thePlayed this game for too long now (about a week) it could be argued that 5 min is too long. The server issues at launch are passed not that they were a real problem, I mean 24 hrs after a 12 year wait we could handle it but when you finally start playing. Poor story, poor character customisation, drops that don't make sense(better quality drop worse stats), Cartoon-ish graphics and the worst thing as far as I'm concerned that Diablo atmosphere that existed in D1 and D2 just isn't there. I suppose I should have expected Blizzard to produce a game that feels like I'm playing WOW but it's been over three years since I left WOW I don't want to play it again. Expand
  77. May 28, 2012
    Once again Blizzard has failed to meet expectations. Marketing hype does not make a good game. The key things that are wrong (IMO) with Diablo 3 are: 1. Short, repetitive gameplay. How long was this game in development?...What fun it is to repeat the game (storyline) 3 times per character to get to the challenging (?) gameplay.
    2. Always on internet DRM for a singleplayer game, with no
    2. Always on internet DRM for a singleplayer game, with no benefit to those that paid for the game.
    3. Auction house where rare items are too common and cheap, enabling you to equip your character in yellows in all slots and steamroll the gameplay.
    4. Real money AH...why? Adds nothing to the game but is the justification for always-on DRM and earns greedy Blizzard even more $$.
    5. Graphics and artwork are subpar and do not meet gamers expectations (wheras the audio is great). Good effort but just doesn't meet higher standards. Cut scenes are obviously where a lot of the development resources went...
    6. Nothing new for the jaded gamer.
  78. May 29, 2012
    Don't waste your time. Way to short, graphics are meh at best, its always down for maintenance (it has not worked at all today not once and its 3 weeks old) hackers up the wazoo, no internet no play (really blizzard REALLY?) Blizzard really **** the bed on this one, got to big for their britches if you ask me. Wait for Torchlight 2 and Guild wars 2, you will thank me.
  79. May 31, 2012
    This game is unplayable. Its great, graphics are superb, sound, etc, but its unplayable. Dont waste money. You will just sit and keep logging in for hours only to get kicked from the game to long in again. Play free offline version - you save money and can actually enjoy it!
  80. May 31, 2012
    It seems that every day is a maintenance day at Blizzard (including launch day!); here I am yet again, locked out of the game because another patch is being rolled out. Don't get me wrong, Diablo 3 is fun to play, which is why I'm casting my vote of discontent over the poor management, and horrible service that have made this the most frustrating game I've played in a while.
  81. Jun 2, 2012
    The game itself it's not bad, it's just what one can expect from the third chapter of Diablo series. The bad it's that you PAID a lot for this game, and almost EVERY day you cannot play cause Blizzard isn't able to setup their servers correctly to let players connect and play EVEN in SINGLE PLAYER. This is frustrating. Before buying a Blizzard title think twice. And twice again.
  82. Jun 3, 2012
    A worthy DIablo sequel? No way. A worthy WoW expansion with isometric graphics? Hell yes.

Good: - You don't have to play this.
    Bad:
    - I had to play this.
  83. Jun 3, 2012
    You can't play this game without an internet connection. How stupid is that. I could care less about Battle.Net or playing games online. I won't be spending my money on this game.
  84. Jun 3, 2012
    Ok so it started as a decent game; every difficulty setting thereon after was like taking a sledge hammer to the head. If the absurdly dry storyline doesn't kill you, it will be the impossible elite-monster scenarios they throw at you. Most of the earlier play thrus are bearable, most things are solo-able... but then you hit hell and inferno mode and it's all hardcore face-desk bashing andOk so it started as a decent game; every difficulty setting thereon after was like taking a sledge hammer to the head. If the absurdly dry storyline doesn't kill you, it will be the impossible elite-monster scenarios they throw at you. Most of the earlier play thrus are bearable, most things are solo-able... but then you hit hell and inferno mode and it's all hardcore face-desk bashing and crying yourself to sleep at night from there on out.... Blizzard really fudged it this time, I honestly think that Diablo III was the most anticipated game of 2010... erm I mean 2012... and they really didn't meet up to the expectations of all it's fans. Shame on you Blizzard... It doesn't take a decade to make something this terrible. Expand
  85. Jun 3, 2012
    This isn't diablo. It's WoWablo. Everything is streamlined and itemization sucks balls. They nerf everything through hotfixes like in WoW. There's little build diversity when you get to inferno, even though they boasted 2.8 trillion builds. What a joke.

PS, fire Jay Wilson.
  86. Jun 3, 2012
    Well aside from this being "Called" "Diablo 3" it is in no way suited for that name. It is a lazy attempt at a cash grab on a great series now that wow subs are down and SC2 esport coming to a fizzle. The stats and drop rates are based around the RMAH and do not help anything. Having only 4 players is quite the laugh at this day and age, and to boot the lagg can be damn horrible most ofWell aside from this being "Called" "Diablo 3" it is in no way suited for that name. It is a lazy attempt at a cash grab on a great series now that wow subs are down and SC2 esport coming to a fizzle. The stats and drop rates are based around the RMAH and do not help anything. Having only 4 players is quite the laugh at this day and age, and to boot the lagg can be damn horrible most of the time. I can only hope enough people who purchased the digital version use the 30 day return policy in the EULA to show Actizzard their anger in pandering to the lowest common denominator. Expand
  87. Jun 5, 2012
    Given the time they spent on the game, the final release is far away from what I anticipated. Launch night was a complete failure and could've been avoided by their parts. Even "renting" some aditional servers if money was a factor (which I can't image was), the launch could've been smoother. Three days after launch I could finally log in to the game. But even then the gameplay was oftenGiven the time they spent on the game, the final release is far away from what I anticipated. Launch night was a complete failure and could've been avoided by their parts. Even "renting" some aditional servers if money was a factor (which I can't image was), the launch could've been smoother. Three days after launch I could finally log in to the game. But even then the gameplay was often interrupted by the now legendary errors.

The gameplay is the same old classic Diablo, except the difficulty curve is terribly blunt. From almost one shotting everything to struggling with an insane randomly generated champion pack in inferno. The game is based upon countless hours spent on farming the exact same questline over and over again to gain gold or gear. However the gear that drops are so horribly randomized that your best bet is to aquire gold and buy decent gear from the AH. But there's comes a point after your 20th one-shot death where you start to think "What the hell am I doing here? What the hell is the point? This is actually pretty boring."

The replay value becomes pretty dull awfully fast, when replaying the whole game again in Hell mode.

Most people are against the whole internet connection concept of the game. I can see that this is a problem for many, however I kinda like it. Well I would like it if it worked. It doesn't. Still to this date the connection errors and endless hours of trying to log in are still an issue.

I am rating this game at 4. Giving it a flat 0 or 1 wouldn't be fair because I did still spend alot of hours playing it. It was entertaining enough, but after a few years, all I will remember will be all the errors.
  88. Jun 7, 2012
    1 word: Boring.
    I played for about an hour and a half when I first got the game. I was only touched by 1 monster.
    How is that fun? In theory, if I play for 10 or 20 or however many dozens of hours... I can turn up the difficulty. great... fantastic even. Wake me when I get there.
  89. Jun 7, 2012
    I'm going to give this game a 3/10, and that's being overly generous. While the graphics, artwork and skill animations are pretty cool for a top down RPG, the streamlined A-B story, really unenthusiastic/unexciting characters & poorly developed fight & loot mechanics make this one of the most frustrating & boring RPG's I've ever played. I've put in about 80 hours of game play, reachedI'm going to give this game a 3/10, and that's being overly generous. While the graphics, artwork and skill animations are pretty cool for a top down RPG, the streamlined A-B story, really unenthusiastic/unexciting characters & poorly developed fight & loot mechanics make this one of the most frustrating & boring RPG's I've ever played. I've put in about 80 hours of game play, reached level 60, and am currently trying to gain some ground in inferno, and that's where I think most of the problems are.

While the difficulty is increased dramatically, the value & usability of gear seems to flatline between Hell>Inferno, making inferno even more difficult than it needs to be, as there's a massive struggle to find suitable gear. There doesn't seem to be any consistent relationship between the level of difficulty & the quality of gear. Elite packs in inferno are ridiculously tough to kill, however they drop loot that is 99.5% of the time un-usuable due to mix-matched stats, example "150 Intellect mixed with 45 Dexterity & 70 Strength". In my opinion the loot algorithm needs to be amended to give priority to certain stats, depending on class. For example, if I'm rolling a monk, the loot algorithm should be written to give priority to Dexterity, while randomizing the others such as Vitality, Resistances, Intellect, etc. To me, this makes sense as the loot is distributed to each player individually, it might also reduce the inflation on the Auction House as people would be more inclined to play through the game to get relevant gear instead of grinding for gold and buying something from the auction house. For a game that is so focused on Loot, they really couldn't have done a worse job with it â
  90. Jun 10, 2012
    I have played through the game on normal and now in nightmare and can honestly say it's the biggest waste of time and literally not much fun at all. I could have more fun painting my wall a new colour than with this game. I bet the later difficulties are challenging but seriously it's not fun. Just a load of drilling enemies, and even if you die you can spawn again and take them on again.I have played through the game on normal and now in nightmare and can honestly say it's the biggest waste of time and literally not much fun at all. I could have more fun painting my wall a new colour than with this game. I bet the later difficulties are challenging but seriously it's not fun. Just a load of drilling enemies, and even if you die you can spawn again and take them on again. Okay items makes it interesting but not until you realise there's an auction house for all the money you have so you can just buy amazing items and not die. This game is stupid and I hate it. Expand
  91. X0R
    Jun 11, 2012
    In a nutshell, I wasted $60 buying this and regret wasting the money. Could have been a really great game like the oldie, but is a clusterfck instead loaded with poor-performance on my high-end pc, and within a few days was trying to think of a reason to login.
  92. Jun 13, 2012
    The worst purchase in years. Technical problems and poor support. But once you get through that, the game is an utter bore. I stuck with it too to find out if it got better. It has to - its Diablo! It doesn't.
  93. Jun 17, 2012
    I waited four years for this game; I was excited ever since the initial announcement back in 2008. I was a HUGE D1 and D2 fan. In short, the problems with this game come down to how it was designed. There is no longer any single player mode. And it's not just that you have to login. You have to be connected the whole time. I suffered lots of "rubber banding" while playing, in which yourI waited four years for this game; I was excited ever since the initial announcement back in 2008. I was a HUGE D1 and D2 fan. In short, the problems with this game come down to how it was designed. There is no longer any single player mode. And it's not just that you have to login. You have to be connected the whole time. I suffered lots of "rubber banding" while playing, in which your player will snap back to an old position due to server lag. As well, the loot drops are all tuned to make the Real Money Auction House viable for Blizzard, and thus the drops are not exciting as they were in the earlier Diablo games. As well, Normal mode is FAR too easy, and thus you have to play through the entire game first before there's any challenge. You know how boring that is?

The new skill system is neat in how flexible it is, and the graphics and physics are much better. But the actual gameplay just doesn't live up to the massive hype and the four year wait.
  94. Jun 18, 2012
    Wow what a great game. Never in my life was I this happy to turn on a game I paid 60$ for (maybe) and finish it in 2 days. What an amazing game with an absolutely horrible story line. I remember kids in java class in high school making games with better story lines than this one and those games were all based on Tetris. I wouldn't mind getting a refund as long as I can still occasionallyWow what a great game. Never in my life was I this happy to turn on a game I paid 60$ for (maybe) and finish it in 2 days. What an amazing game with an absolutely horrible story line. I remember kids in java class in high school making games with better story lines than this one and those games were all based on Tetris. I wouldn't mind getting a refund as long as I can still occasionally log in and participate in this pay to win game. Thanks Blizzard for once again taking a good game and ruining it for your own profit. Expand
  95. Jun 21, 2012
    When a game just isn't fun, it deserves a 0. I'd write a full review, but then I'd be putting more effort into the review than Blizzard did into Diablo 3.
  96. Jun 24, 2012
    This is not Diablo! Theres no old atmosphere, unique atmosphere of Diablo world. Music is not even close to the previous games. Graphic is like in LoL. Poor RPG elements.

Big disappointment!
  97. Jul 5, 2012
    You have two options to progress in this game once you're max level: 1) spend hundreds of hours farming the same content over and over with a small chance a high item level drops, and then an even smaller chance that the item that drops has stats that are good for you, OR 2) throw down some cash on the RMAH. This is very bad for gaming. I worry this is a sign of the future. At the expenseYou have two options to progress in this game once you're max level: 1) spend hundreds of hours farming the same content over and over with a small chance a high item level drops, and then an even smaller chance that the item that drops has stats that are good for you, OR 2) throw down some cash on the RMAH. This is very bad for gaming. I worry this is a sign of the future. At the expense of game-play/design, companies like Blizzard are more focused on adding ways to entice their customers to spend more money than on making a game the best it can be. This isn't a mistake. This was a calculated and planned decision thinking we'd all graciously separate from our money to make progress. Inferno was set at a ridiculously high difficulty in order to force you to choose one of the above options, hoping most people eventually decide they value their time and spend money. Terrible. Expand
  98. Jul 6, 2012
    D3 is nothing more than a dumbed-down D2 that has been made with the WOW graphics scheme in order to appeal to WOW's massive fanbase. A cheap money grab. Terrible connection issues. Can't play a Hardcore character because Single Player will lag out on you. Yes, as ridiculous as that sounds, SINGLE PLAYER LAGS OUT. The Real Money Auction House is glitchy and moronic. This whole title isD3 is nothing more than a dumbed-down D2 that has been made with the WOW graphics scheme in order to appeal to WOW's massive fanbase. A cheap money grab. Terrible connection issues. Can't play a Hardcore character because Single Player will lag out on you. Yes, as ridiculous as that sounds, SINGLE PLAYER LAGS OUT. The Real Money Auction House is glitchy and moronic. This whole title is nothing but a cheap money grab, and Blizzard might have paid Metacritic to put up an 88. The user score is a 39. Believe the masses; this game sucks. It might be worth $20, but honestly I had more fun with Torchlight than this. Expand
  99. Jul 12, 2012
    I'm disapointed to see how not original Blizzard has been. The game is not really different than its previous versions and it does not worth the bucks. real money auction house is also a joke...
  100. Jul 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 is one of the worst games I have ever played. It earns this recognition because it single handedly ruined the almost-mythical Diablo franchise and tarnished the great name of Blizzard. The story and dialog is written for kiddies and sounds like a dumb cartoon. The quest line is completely linear with no variation or choice. The loot drop quality is terrible, so you don't get theDiablo 3 is one of the worst games I have ever played. It earns this recognition because it single handedly ruined the almost-mythical Diablo franchise and tarnished the great name of Blizzard. The story and dialog is written for kiddies and sounds like a dumb cartoon. The quest line is completely linear with no variation or choice. The loot drop quality is terrible, so you don't get the satisfaction of earning items you worked for. The game is built around funneling users to the auction houses, which Blizzard makes a profit from. This is a greedy and underhanded money grab from Blizzard/Activsion. For shame!

If this was a game with a different name, it would have received a 5 from me. But because this is DIablo 3 and made by Blizzard, the implementation and design choices come as a shock and is extremely disappointing. You've made me very sad Blizz and I will no longer faithfully buy your games without a second thought. And for that, you deserve a big fat ZERO and D3 deserves to be called on of the worst games of 2012.

1. Aug 31, 2012