4.0

1. May 23, 2012
    I've played to level 22 so far and it's a good deal of fun! A bit monotonous (but the genre sort of demands it) but the unlocks are an improvement imo. I find myself switching my build every few levels as new runes and abilities unlock so that's been keeping me going. I will say that the AH makes it easy to get good gear cheaply and therefore crafting is sort of a ho-hum investment soI've played to level 22 so far and it's a good deal of fun! A bit monotonous (but the genre sort of demands it) but the unlocks are an improvement imo. I find myself switching my build every few levels as new runes and abilities unlock so that's been keeping me going. I will say that the AH makes it easy to get good gear cheaply and therefore crafting is sort of a ho-hum investment so that's a bit of a letdown. All in all, good fun so far and I'm looking forward to multiplayer with some friends! Would buy again. Expand
  2. May 24, 2012
    Exactly what I wanted out of a Diablo game. Loot. Monsters. Lots of them. The graphics are gorgeous - the whole game has a sort of painterly feel to it - as if I'm part of a dark gothic themed painting by an fantasy artist. The mechanics of the game work well, finally, it doesn't expect me to reroll my character if I misclick - and lets be honest, there was no customisation in 1 to 2Exactly what I wanted out of a Diablo game. Loot. Monsters. Lots of them. The graphics are gorgeous - the whole game has a sort of painterly feel to it - as if I'm part of a dark gothic themed painting by an fantasy artist. The mechanics of the game work well, finally, it doesn't expect me to reroll my character if I misclick - and lets be honest, there was no customisation in 1 to 2 builds per class. D3 encourages experimentation, and in general - fun. The new random "Events" are a great deal of fun, and I'm hoping Blizzard will add more in future patches or expansions - and I do hope there will be a lot of them, in the time come come. This game is what I wanted out of Diablo 3 - An evolution of the series, a modern take on what made Diablo 2 great - Not a carbon copy of D2. If you want D2 all over again, this is not for you - If, however you want Diablo *3*, this is your game. Because it is truly worthy of that title. An evolution, just like D2 was compared to D1. Rock on, Blizzard. Expand
  3. May 16, 2012
    Launch is still messy but great game overall. superior to any action RPG i have played to date. Would def recommend to all my friends who own a pc.
  4. May 22, 2012
    It's a great game. Don't let the whiners fool you. They are reviewing Blizzard instead of Diablo III. The game doesn't feel as atmospheric as Diablo II did, but it certainly hit the gameplay mark just fine. The story is on the weak side, the dialogue even weaker at times, but the inclusion of lore from previous games and active narration that doesn't make you quit playing is a nice touch.It's a great game. Don't let the whiners fool you. They are reviewing Blizzard instead of Diablo III. The game doesn't feel as atmospheric as Diablo II did, but it certainly hit the gameplay mark just fine. The story is on the weak side, the dialogue even weaker at times, but the inclusion of lore from previous games and active narration that doesn't make you quit playing is a nice touch. I do wish that the lore entries on enemies were narrated by your chosen character class rather than two characters who never spoke to you about them before (Cain and Abn al-Hazir), but it isn't game breaking. As for gameplay, I want to express that I after almost 17 hours of play I have not been bored one second. I have only just reached Act III, and being one who has to explore every nook and cranny of the map I feel qualified to say that even on the too-easy starting difficulty I've had a lot of fun and great moments. There is nothing like being surrounded by enemies, pulling them in with Ground Stomp, and slaying 41 enemies in one blow with Revenge. I like the graphics and, unlike some, feel that photorealism does not serve the gameplay experience in overhead games. Our point of view is already removed from reality. If it were first person like, say, Skyrim, then we have a reason for photorealism. But here, we do not. The characters do not look cartoonish to me as some have complained. The hand-painted environments, however, should have looked a bit less hand-painted.

I have only played extensively with the Barbarian class thus far, and I love it. The skill sets feel awkward to pull off given the action bar/mouse button combo, but the abilities themselves make for truly awesome moments of epic destruction. Using Ground Stomp with a Wrenching Smash rune in conjunction with a Mountain's Call-runed Earthquake ability leads to almost instant kills of large numbers of mobs. Combine that with Whirlwind when facing more powerful monsters and you've got some serious win. Not particularly necessary on Normal difficulty, but I am quite fond of the tactic so sue me.

The music is okay. I enjoy the gothic tones of the previous games which helped create a sense of loneliness. I've yet to hear the famous Tristram theme, one of my all time favorite pieces, and it's strange absence takes away from the game.

Overall, though, despite the shortcomings, the game has yet to fail me. I love hack and slash, I love that there is a story present, and that we are getting some loose story ends tied up here in this semi-finale for the series' legendary arc. Again, don't let the whiners fool you. It's a game, and it entertains immensely.
  5. May 17, 2012
    I had previously given this game a rating of 0, the lowest rating possible, simply because it was unplayable despite paying $60 for it. I promised to change my rating and review when they fixed the game, and for the most part they have. There are now very few connection issues. The game is very fun, especially with friends, and the cutscenes are some of the most amazing things I've seenI had previously given this game a rating of 0, the lowest rating possible, simply because it was unplayable despite paying $60 for it. I promised to change my rating and review when they fixed the game, and for the most part they have. There are now very few connection issues. The game is very fun, especially with friends, and the cutscenes are some of the most amazing things I've seen in my long gaming life. The classes are unique, the graphics are pleasing, and the giblet explosions bring back my Diablo childhood. It is all around a polished game as well, with very few bugs that I've noticed (besides the glaring login issues, which Blizzard has now released an official apology for). There are excellent and well thought-out money sinks in the game, so gold actually has value, as well as good itemization, and an infinite amount of ways to customize your equipment.

There are a few downsides to the game, which made me give this game a 8 rather than a 9 or 10. First, you MUST be connected to the internet to play single-player, thus your speed an enjoyment of the game depend on your internet connection. Second, normal is far too easy. Nightmare is a little better. I have not played through Hell yet, but I'm guessing it will be what I consider "normal" difficulty for a game not geared towards children. Third, the auction house is nice, but could use some more features (such as searching by item name, and an automatic comparison of the item in auction house to what you currently have equipped). Fourth, maps don't seem that randomized, which lowers replay value.

Overall I think it is worth the money, especially if you are thinking of a game night with your friends.
  6. Jun 13, 2012
    Fun game so far, about halfway through ACT II and I'm enjoying the dungeons and storyline (nice that there isn't too much story). Too bad servers keep glitching out so have to give it a red until they fix it. Edit: Bumped it up to 7 since servers have stabilized. The always online pushed it from a 8 to a 7 for me. Edit 2: Inferno balance, lag deaths, aand having server restarts when I'mFun game so far, about halfway through ACT II and I'm enjoying the dungeons and storyline (nice that there isn't too much story). Too bad servers keep glitching out so have to give it a red until they fix it. Edit: Bumped it up to 7 since servers have stabilized. The always online pushed it from a 8 to a 7 for me. Edit 2: Inferno balance, lag deaths, aand having server restarts when I'm pushing my monk to ACT III Inferno with 5 stacks of NV dropped it another 2 to 5. They really messed this title up Expand
  7. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 12 years... Blizzard... seriously? Thats all what you done for 12 years? Starcraft 2 - just starcraft 1 with 3D.
    Diablo 3 - diablo 2 with 3D and without RPG, just grinding.
    10 hours for first difficult, and thats your 12 years of development?
    Score of game is 6.5/10. But its for 1year project. OH GOD SO MUCH ANGRY INSIDE.
  8. May 24, 2012
    Ok, this is my second review of this game on here and I have to give this a better score than I did before. Now, the issues with this game are still there: The fact that you ALWAYS have to be online to play is the worst sign of the future of gaming bar none. The fact that the developer can control when, how, and what you play is such a terrible idea and really treats the consumer like dirtOk, this is my second review of this game on here and I have to give this a better score than I did before. Now, the issues with this game are still there: The fact that you ALWAYS have to be online to play is the worst sign of the future of gaming bar none. The fact that the developer can control when, how, and what you play is such a terrible idea and really treats the consumer like dirt when they have no say over what they're doing. The fact that your subjected to Blizzard's Battle.net, which I've never been impressed with, is another reason that can make playing this game alot more difficult. However, the bottom line is this: The game is super fun, especially with other people. The fact that every map basically is a randomly generated dungeon adds a fresh element to replaying the story on the harder difficulties. Whatever you think of Achievements, if you actually go out and try to obtain them, it'll make playing this game more fun and give you some goals to shoot for. The best thing, however, is definitely playing with other people. I've had the opportunity now to play through the story once in single-player and once with 3 other people and playing this game with a full party was so much fun. It really adds to everything that this game is and your missing out if you are only playing single player. You can even join public games with random people to see how it is but playing it with people you know and enjoy being around is the best part of this game, especially when everyone is playing different classes and your coordinating with each other especially on the harder difficulties. Yes, there are alot of problems that surround this game in how you get to the point where you are playing it. However, beyond the fairly simple story, this game is easily one of the best of the year and the fact that you can have a fairly old computer, like I have, and still play this without the lag that usually accompanies new releases like this make this a must play. You'll have the issues that I said before but your doing yourself an injustice by not playing this game with your friends. It really is that fun. Expand
  9. May 21, 2012
    Great game. I was really worried about Blizz efforts to make this game stand out and improve upon the predecessor. But they didn't fail. Suprisingly the new environmental mechanics proved to be extremely fun. Classes are varied and interesting. Story is detailed and captivating. I think I would still prefer talent trees to this strange skill slot sytem, but it is not that big of a deal.Great game. I was really worried about Blizz efforts to make this game stand out and improve upon the predecessor. But they didn't fail. Suprisingly the new environmental mechanics proved to be extremely fun. Classes are varied and interesting. Story is detailed and captivating. I think I would still prefer talent trees to this strange skill slot sytem, but it is not that big of a deal. One thing I don't like is that I can't play singleplayer due to online server maintanance. But I guess this is the price of living in our times. Generally - really cool game, Blizzard delivered once again, I would recommend this to any hack'n'slash and rpg fun. Expand
  10. May 16, 2012
    Servers are finally working and this game is amazing. I'm going to be playing this for months, if not years. The gameplay is fast and action packed, the story is really cool and the graphics are pretty, while still keeping true to the Diablo series.
  11. May 15, 2012
    The reviews: I'll point out two things. 1) Many of the 0's are the same talking points in the same order. 2) A third of the 0's complain that D3 is the same as D2, while another third complain that D3 is nothing at all like D2.
    The game: immersive, well-designed hack-n-slash. The skill system is now a "loadout" like Bastion: all are available but you have to pick the set you're playing with for now. Every skill as 6 variants so there are limitless builds to every character. Different builds play well for single target vs. groups, survival vs. glass cannon, or single player vs. co-op -- not to mention your own playstyle! Do you like to jump around or kill as things come to you? Do you prefer the challenge of starting weaker but building up big buffs over time, or consistent DPS with giant nukes on cooldown? Hardcore mode is there for folks who don't like the casual experience of resurrecting at checkpoints.
  12. Dec 28, 2012
    I personally enjoyed this a lot for the time I played it. It's not as addictive and re-playable as Diablo 2, and it doesn't offer the variety of environments and loot to be found in it's biggest competitor Torchlight 2, but it's still very well done. Most of the complaints I hear are either technical issues that have been resolved or players disagreeing with specific new mechanics. TheI personally enjoyed this a lot for the time I played it. It's not as addictive and re-playable as Diablo 2, and it doesn't offer the variety of environments and loot to be found in it's biggest competitor Torchlight 2, but it's still very well done. Most of the complaints I hear are either technical issues that have been resolved or players disagreeing with specific new mechanics. The worst of them is the introduction of the Auction House that makes it too easy to get much better loot by cash or gold purchase instead of earning it through gameplay like it was in D2 and like it is in Torchlight 2. The difficulty has clearly been tweaked around the idea that the game has to be challenging for people who will buy the best gear right at the beginning of Inferno, and that crippled the game's playability for those wanting to do it the old fashioned way. I think any ARPG fan will have fun up to Inferno difficulty regardless. It's just up to you if it's worth tolerating the problems after that point, but you've already played through the story multiple times to get that far. Expand
  13. Aug 28, 2012
    Diablo 3 could be a great game. I played the game for some time but i got annoyed fast. The real money auction house is something terrible... a "Pay to Win" option in a payed game. I spent 70 euros on the game and then i have to grind hours and hours to find a weapon that sucks? Or i have to spend more money in the aution house? Besides that... the game becames to BOOOORIN! Random maps areDiablo 3 could be a great game. I played the game for some time but i got annoyed fast. The real money auction house is something terrible... a "Pay to Win" option in a payed game. I spent 70 euros on the game and then i have to grind hours and hours to find a weapon that sucks? Or i have to spend more money in the aution house? Besides that... the game becames to BOOOORIN! Random maps are not so random (after 3-4 times they repeat) and the elite packs with random powers are absolutley terrible. Expand
  14. May 15, 2012
    Game is great but the problems with servers at release were insane. You just can't release a game like Diablo III and not be prepared for so many people logging in.
  15. May 17, 2012
    They've done it again. Regardless of the game being streamlined, it has been streamlined to perfection.All conventional game elements are still there, albeit in a bit more different form. The streamlined mechanics not only provide a great foundation for itemization, but they also offer more variety in character building than pre-LoD Diablo 2 for example.
  16. Apr 24, 2013
    The game is a soulless version of what it was supposed to be. This is not Diablo 3, this is a sham. Maybe it was never supposed to happen? Maybe it was dead all along and that is okay, what was given was glorious in its day and it will always have that place in history. Let Diablo die one final time, lay it to rest and say goodbye.
  17. Aug 15, 2012
    The novelty of this game wears off extremely quickly and becomes a repetitive grind. This holds true when you have to complete the campaign 3 times just to reach the max level.
  18. May 15, 2012
    Been able to play fine since I sat down a few hours ago. The game play is really smooth and rewarding. The graphics are great and the sound is awesome.
  19. May 15, 2012
    I am going to be fair on Blizzard, no can expect the exact number of people that is going to logon. Same with mobile networks on new year they can be prepared but no psychic.

The answer someone said before that D3 has "no builds, or talents" that is completely inaccurate playing I have enjoyed the new leveling system its simplified yes but with more options to become available i like it the ability to fundamise for different equations.

I disagree with the comments "simplified for 13 year olds" the game is meant to be targeted so everyone enjoys it, simplified means less frustrating.

Graphics are extremely good considering the fact it is the only game that generates its own maps and dungeons.

Don't be spiteful because its having teething problems, its a game that these designers have spent years putting together unless you can state you can do better dont be harsh.

So in all fairness i will give Diablo 3 a 8 not a 10 as i do recognise the mishaps on the game.
  20. May 15, 2012
    Honestly what's with the bad reviews? I've played this game for 2-3 hours now and it's been great so far. I can see that the skills are very different and versatile, and will hopefully be fun to use.
  21. May 15, 2012
    I just beat the game in about 12 hours. Going relative speed.
    THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT NORMAL MODE, NOT HARDER DIFFICULTY!
    I played Monk, loved it! The normal mode is very easy once you get the hang of it. Had some troubles with some parts and died a few times. Going to kep this as biased as possible. Storywise, I found the game extremely pleasing. Very dark, unforgiving story that ends in a
    I just beat the game in about 12 hours. Going relative speed.
    THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT NORMAL MODE, NOT HARDER DIFFICULTY!
    Storywise, I found the game extremely pleasing. Very dark, unforgiving story that ends in a very pleasing manner. Some voice acting is a bit off aswell as some bosses spamming the same line 3-4 times during a fight.
    Gameplaywise I think it was very well done, took some time getting used to, keybinds have to be changed from blizzard defaults though.
    Bosses were fun, not very hard at normal difficulty, but fun. Having to actually think about it and dodge things and use different skills. Also I found that if I thought in advance of what skills to take into certain bosses I had more fun with it, changing specs every now and again. Kept things feeling really new.
    I didn't really feel that changing skills in the middle of combat was possible :D Maybe it's just me, or then it's intended that way, didn't see it as a big issue though. Might have been overpowered that way.
    Monk as a class is extremely versatile, you can be a tankish, healer supportish or damage... Heck! Even all of the above! So playing solo will be no problem, as well as being a huge addition to any team.
    I don't know how the content scales at higher levels since I played through it solo and only did groups with friends when servers were down from lvls 1-15, seemed to scale well enough though.
    One major problem with this game in my opinion is that it seems a bit too casual friendly in the way that dieing is no big deal. A lot of checkpoints and only getting -10% durability to items is absolutely nothing. Also I don't seem to have anything to use my money on, other that leveling smithing (which you do with nothing but money). It didn't feel very rewarding pressing a button that said PRESS HERE TO LEVEL SMITHING (7000 gold) to learn a few new items.
    TL;DR Awesome game, very minor flaws. Storyline good, Gameplay good. Voice acting was meh at some parts but mostly good too.
  22. Oct 9, 2012

It's biggest and most unforgivable flaw is of course the loot drops. They are geared around theWell after 60+ hours of playing the game I think I can finally conclude that there are way too many problems that are ingrained into the game due to design choices made by Blizzard. The first 10 or so hours were fun, it was new, it was shiny new, but after that it simply went downhill.

It's biggest and most unforgivable flaw is of course the loot drops. They are geared around the entire player population and no longer (like Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2) geared around the individual player, so what you get is total junk loot most of the time which then forces you into their gold or real money auction house to get items that are appropriate for your characters level just so that you can move on in the game.

Sure, some players may have the luck (somebody has to right?) and those items in the auction houses have to come from somewhere, and they do, from the lucky players or the players that have no life and do nothing but grind for hundreds of hours in D3, or from bots that grind just as mercilessly so that they can sell the good loot to real live players for gold (or real money) which they then turn around and sell the gold to the fool players that are willing to buy from 3rd party sites. Anyway, my point is that the loot is geared to drop around the entire population of players else their auction house wouldn't even work for them. So you can either grind for tens or hundreds of hours in hopes that you'll get a decent upgrade or go to the auction house and buy it with some gold or real money.

This directly conflicts with all of the ARPG's that I've ever played and I've played a lot, the whole auction house deal basically takes away the one guilty pleasure of these types of ARPG's which is to find new loot that are upgrades for your character.

Next we have the total respec, where you have no perminence with your character as you can change the skills as often as you change your socks (actually, probably more often) which means there's basically no reason to reroll a new character, just go to the auction house to buy some new gear to accompany your new chosen skills.

All in all this game has been a total and complete let down to both my wife, myself and about 75% of our friends that also bought it. Both my wife and I had been wanting a D3 since Diablo 2 LOD was released and have waited patiently for the past I don't know how many years, 7 or 8 years now. Unfortunately the game is so seriously flawed by poor design decisions by Blizzard developers and there's just no way to fix it as it's prime function for Blizzard is to make a revenue stream out of the auction house. As long as the auction houses remain, the loot drops will be based on total player population and the game will never have that feeling of achievement that you would normally get in games like Diablo 2, Titans Quest, Torchlight 1 & 2, Sacred etc etc etc, the list goes on and on an don.

I originally scored this game a 10, that was 4 hours and 54 minutes into play, it's now Oct, almost 5 months after release and the grind is still there and that is ONLY in HOPES that you might get an upgrade. please take my word for it when I tell you that it's simply not worth it, especially at the $60.00 price tag.

If on the other hand you hurry down to Toys r Us you can pick up Diablo 3 right now for only $9.99 If you buy it for under a 10er, then you'll likely get your moneys worth out of it with one play through, assuming you get loot that let's your character keep moving forward.

I can no longer in good conscience recommend this game to family or friends or even my worst enemies. Expand

23. May 15, 2012
    I dont see why everyone is giving this game negative reviews. People are complaining about not being able to connect to the servers but i am not having any trouble at all. I just played for over an hour and didnt encounter a single problem with the game or the server connection. My guess is these people are complaining about trying to connect to multiplayer which seriously what did youI dont see why everyone is giving this game negative reviews. People are complaining about not being able to connect to the servers but i am not having any trouble at all. I just played for over an hour and didnt encounter a single problem with the game or the server connection. My guess is these people are complaining about trying to connect to multiplayer which seriously what did you expect on launch day. A few million people are trying to connect to the multiplayer servers all at once did you really expect them to not crash every once and a while? If you just give the game a week or so the servers will empty out and the problems that everybody is having with the game will disappear. So stop giving the game a 0/10 just because you are pissed off that you cant connect to multiplayer; single player is fun as hell. Enjoy the game and stop ruining the rating just because you are angry. Expand
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    Until the RMAH is removed this game shall receive a zero. After that I might reconsider changing it to a 8. The game was okay for what it was. However, I still won't play it. The story was crappy and predictable. Oh not to mention all the freaking interruptions in gameplay because of the cut scenes...
  25. Jun 26, 2012
    After playing D3 for close to 70 hours now, I have to say that while it has fun moments, it has overall been quite a disappointment. I absolutely loved D2, and logged hundreds of hours playing it over a decade ago. D3, unfortunately, does not live up to the legacy of D2. I feel as though I got my money's worth in the time I played and a somewhat enjoyable story.. But as a Diablo game, itAfter playing D3 for close to 70 hours now, I have to say that while it has fun moments, it has overall been quite a disappointment. I absolutely loved D2, and logged hundreds of hours playing it over a decade ago. D3, unfortunately, does not live up to the legacy of D2. I feel as though I got my money's worth in the time I played and a somewhat enjoyable story.. But as a Diablo game, it falls very short. Expand
  26. Oct 14, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game that remains more or less true to its predecessors. If you enjoy hitting logs, skeletons, or pots, and watching a shower of gold and items fall to the ground, you will be pleased the core mechanics are unchanged. I enjoyed the art direction of D3 - it is neither cartoony nor 'bright', and the story feels more focused and interesting, though it only gets in the way duringDiablo 3 is a game that remains more or less true to its predecessors. If you enjoy hitting logs, skeletons, or pots, and watching a shower of gold and items fall to the ground, you will be pleased the core mechanics are unchanged. I enjoyed the art direction of D3 - it is neither cartoony nor 'bright', and the story feels more focused and interesting, though it only gets in the way during subsequent playthroughs. The current ability system actually works fairly well, letting you swap skills and customization on the fly. D3 has some downsides though, some of which are fairly minor and metagamey while others are serious. It's got an internet connection requirement, but let's face it, it's not 1996 anymore. The lack of talent trees or stat placement some people may miss, but I found the trees bloated, and requirements for gear was kind of annoying. The itemization for gear is terrible. Fully half of the things you find have stats that are of no benefit to *anyone*. STR wand? Come on now. Furthermore this applies to legendary items as well; something that should be an awesome find is too often vendor trash. This ties in with the auction house, which I feel completely subverts the point of the game - 'play, loot, upgrade' is now 'shop, buy, upgrade'. So, I don't know. D2 was a great game, and D3 could easily be a worthy sequel with some work, but there are a lot of things going on that will probably make you stop playing after a week. Expand
  27. May 15, 2012
    Fantastic sequel to a great series. Highly expected launch problems but the actual quality of the game is great. If you have difficulty connecting just wait a couple days. Sure it's an inconvenience but the game is phenomenal.
  28. May 15, 2012
    This is review is only to off set all of the 0-2 if you gave Diablo 3 that score you seem to be pissed off about one of three things.

1. DRM- I know its annoying and I can understand that but is that really the only reason a game deserves a bad score? 2. I Can't Log In- Like everybody else has said 2 million people enough said. 3. It is not the same as Diablo 2- This game is not

2. I Can't Log In- Like everybody else has said 2 million people enough said.

3. It is not the same as Diablo 2- This game is not Diablo 2 that is why its called Diablo 3 not Diablo 2.2
  29. May 15, 2012
    DRM is frustrating..yes. Can it be prohibitive, yes. Is it necessary, well, some say yes, and some say no. As a PC Gamer, we value our rights, and I respect that. But don't review bomb Blizzard and Diablo 3. I commend the devs at Bliz. What an unbelievable challenge to make a game after masterpieces like D1 & 2. Beautifully crafted, well designed, great lore, concept, loot,DRM is frustrating..yes. Can it be prohibitive, yes. Is it necessary, well, some say yes, and some say no. As a PC Gamer, we value our rights, and I respect that. But don't review bomb Blizzard and Diablo 3. I commend the devs at Bliz. What an unbelievable challenge to make a game after masterpieces like D1 & 2. Beautifully crafted, well designed, great lore, concept, loot, etc...You made this long time gamer very happy when a release date was announced, and now the final product is at home and installed. I just want to say you earned a well deserved Thank You! Expand
  30. Jul 3, 2012
    I do enjoy the story of the game, but it seems weighed down by the heavy-handed loot system. Maybe I'm getting old but I can't stay focused on this game. I logged in today after two weeks of non-activity and was surprised at General Chat being constantly filled with gold spammers and no one talking.
  31. May 15, 2012
    Just because this is DRM it doesnt mean that this game is bad. The Graphics are nice and the story is deep. Blizzard also did acknowledge that they would have issues and whatnot. Every game has issues and whatnot if you cant deal with it then dont waste your money. As for me i think game is great despite the small bugs. I didn't waste my money and for some other reviewers i hope you knowJust because this is DRM it doesnt mean that this game is bad. The Graphics are nice and the story is deep. Blizzard also did acknowledge that they would have issues and whatnot. Every game has issues and whatnot if you cant deal with it then dont waste your money. As for me i think game is great despite the small bugs. I didn't waste my money and for some other reviewers i hope you know this is RPG not a FPS and Blizzard isn't dead. Expand
  32. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 has fallen victim of his own success with the server not being able to handle the enormous amount of players trying to play on release day. The game in itself is the best Hack n' slash dungeon crawler ever made bar none, it's a huge improvement over D2. While the graphics are not super top notch, the particle effects and amount of monsters on screen makes up for it. TheDiablo 3 has fallen victim of his own success with the server not being able to handle the enormous amount of players trying to play on release day. The game in itself is the best Hack n' slash dungeon crawler ever made bar none, it's a huge improvement over D2. While the graphics are not super top notch, the particle effects and amount of monsters on screen makes up for it. The replayability for this game is astonishing, with 5 classes to play up to level 60 and 4 difficulty to unlock for each of them. And you also have the hardcore mode for even more longevity and challenges. All the maps, encounters, items, etc... are generated randomly every time you start the game no matter where you are makes this game really fun because you never know what to expect from it. I despise all the reviews in here because they are mostly form idiot who thought they were playing a new MMO and have no clue what D1 or D2 games are. Expand
  33. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game. Tons of things to do and awesome art direction. Aside from launch day server issues every online game has, this game is near perfect. Don't be put off by the people complaining about Korean speed runners beating the TUTORIAL DIFFICULTY in 2 hours.
  34. Psm
    May 15, 2012
    This game is amazing! I haven't gotten too far past where the beta ends so this isn't a full review, but what I've experienced deserves a 10. If something comes up that I don't like, I'll fix my score.
  35. May 15, 2012
    Pretty solid game. Aside from the obvious release day server problems that apparently tons of people had no idea were inevitable because they've never played an online game before, everything is top notch. The game is fast paced and fun. Anyone who has played Diablo 2 would know that the bulk of the game starts on the hardest difficulty. Don't be put off by people crying about KoreansPretty solid game. Aside from the obvious release day server problems that apparently tons of people had no idea were inevitable because they've never played an online game before, everything is top notch. The game is fast paced and fun. Anyone who has played Diablo 2 would know that the bulk of the game starts on the hardest difficulty. Don't be put off by people crying about Koreans beating the easiest difficulty in 2 hours. As far as I can tell no one has beaten inferno yet Expand
  36. May 15, 2012
    I haven't had this much fun playing a game since Diablo II came out. After playing for several hours, I really can't complain about much. I haven't ran into a single bug myself, which is rather incredible for a game that just came out, though bugs do exist. I can't really think of any ways to make the game better. It's incredibly fun and addicting. They did a great job with this one. I'llI haven't had this much fun playing a game since Diablo II came out. After playing for several hours, I really can't complain about much. I haven't ran into a single bug myself, which is rather incredible for a game that just came out, though bugs do exist. I can't really think of any ways to make the game better. It's incredibly fun and addicting. They did a great job with this one. I'll probably be playing this game for many, many years to come.

Also, why are people reviewing this game that haven't even played? Regardless of how good/bad you think it is, nobody cares about reviews from someone that hasn't played the game.
  37. May 15, 2012
    Yes, the launch was a little shaky at 3am, and yes, that should have been fixed. But now that the game is running smoothly, it is every bit as enjoyable as the older entries in the series. A delightful dungeon crawl.
  38. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has done it again! As much of a succes as Starcraft II.
    Nice job Blizzard, you again have succeeded in making a game that has a superb production quality.
    It's incredible that one has to pay the same amount of money for a game like this, than for a game like Duke Nukem
  39. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard make impossible thing. Diablo 2 was one of the best games but Diablo 3 surely much better.
    Free builds, in-game lore explanation, story. This game will take all my free time in the near future. Going to take vacation at work to play more
  40. May 15, 2012
    This game is perfect in very aspect, the cinematics are incredible the graphics are amazing , its the best hack'n'slash of all time, try it and you will love it
  41. May 15, 2012
    Connection issues suck but they are a very temporary issue. Core game play is solid and everything we have come to expect in the Diablo franchise. Way to go Blizzard, good job.
  42. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game!! People need to stop crying that they can't get on been playing it for 4 hours now its incredibly fun, good graphics amazing sound and the combat is fun and challenging, already compiled some cool rare items and look forward to more treasure hunting :D
  43. May 15, 2012
    I know the connection issues and "37 error" are sucks. But Blizzard is working on it too now. Let's just give them some times. The Game is really good and satisfying though.

Just waiting for 1 or 2 days to play this amazing game will worth it.
  44. May 15, 2012
    This is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune systemThis is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune system from 2. The graphics engine is dated and inefficient, I wish they had put little more time into exploiting the high end hardware and maybe even DX11 support. I you Like DIablo 2 and Torchlight, you will love this. Expand
  45. May 15, 2012
    Game's fun as **** Played through Act 1 with 2 friends, taking it kinda slow it took us about 3 hours, but people have work so we'll be starting up again later this evening - can't wait to get back into it!
  46. May 15, 2012
    The game is perfect. All the flaws the first 2 diablo games had are now gone! Yes it might have become a little for casual but it still is to the hardcore players. All those 0 are just from all the ragers that judge a game by its connection on the first day of launch! If they have never played a game, almost all games have connection problems on day one. Now the servers are fine, soThe game is perfect. All the flaws the first 2 diablo games had are now gone! Yes it might have become a little for casual but it still is to the hardcore players. All those 0 are just from all the ragers that judge a game by its connection on the first day of launch! If they have never played a game, almost all games have connection problems on day one. Now the servers are fine, so go,play and then rate! Expand
  47. May 16, 2012
    Despite an initial hiccup with the login/game servers and a few bugs here and there, Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to the series. The graphics are better than on-par for 2012, the skills are creative, the classes astounding, and the storyline entertaining.
  48. Jul 17, 2012
    Having enjoyed both D1 and D2 very much, I was excited for the release of D3. I think that Blizzard did a wonderful job bringing this franchise into the present by removing many of the tedious and dare I say, useless facets of the previous games. Removing the stat points from the game and making characters skill based was brilliant. And to top it off, if I want to change my character, I noHaving enjoyed both D1 and D2 very much, I was excited for the release of D3. I think that Blizzard did a wonderful job bringing this franchise into the present by removing many of the tedious and dare I say, useless facets of the previous games. Removing the stat points from the game and making characters skill based was brilliant. And to top it off, if I want to change my character, I no longer have to start over and grind my way back to where I was. I simply change my skills and keep on slaughtering. Like D2 the game leans heavily on finding loot but has created a system where anyone can jump in and have a very satisfying session without the need to have some special set of armor or purchase items for real money just to compete. And the best part of all is the DRM! Yes I said it and thank the powers that be for making that decision. Good by hackers and dupers. I don't miss you one little bit. Sure you have to have an internet connection but in this day and age if you don't have an internet connection you have more to worry about than playing a game. Get real. Overall, very fun game that has met most of my expectations. I am only giving it an 8 because there is room for improvement (hint hint expansions). Expand
  49. May 15, 2012
    Played beta enjoyed the hell out of it, the full game is fantastic.
    I don't understand how people can post scores of 0/10 because they have had errors.
    The graphics, sound and physics/animation are all fantastic.The difficulty is definitely there once you're above level 15 and playing in hardcore mode.
  50. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game, very fun gameplay, beautiful graphics and much more. The only downside is the login errors, but they are only temporary since the game just launched, something many people here fail to understand.
  51. May 15, 2012
    Truly awesome game! Spent most of the morning playing. The game is not super difficult at first, but as soon as you get into hardcore it gets a lot tougher. I am also eagerly awaiting PVP!
  52. May 15, 2012
    This game is plenty fun once you get in, It's engaging, the combat is great, at least as a monk, and the story keeps you intrigued. To all the people who are complaining about not being able to play: Come on, seriously? This isn't the first time this has happened, and it's not the last. You know better than to give a game a negative score just because of the launch day rush. If you'reThis game is plenty fun once you get in, It's engaging, the combat is great, at least as a monk, and the story keeps you intrigued. To all the people who are complaining about not being able to play: Come on, seriously? This isn't the first time this has happened, and it's not the last. You know better than to give a game a negative score just because of the launch day rush. If you're using the beta as a standpoint, not everyone got in. Not everyone had time to do it. Some people would prefer to not play the beta at all just so they didn't spoil the game itself. The game itself isn't any less fun because you can't play it at that exact moment. I know how frustrating it is not being able to play, but seriously. Stop acting like kids about this, you've all been through several releases on the PC - How many didn't have this sort of problem? Expand
  53. JBZ
    May 15, 2012
    No review mad this early in the game's release is going to be reasonable or fair, so here's my anecdotal review to offset all the ridiculous negative ones. Logged in right at release, had no lag or problems whatsoever, and what I got to in the game was amazing. Definitely worth the wait.
  54. May 15, 2012
    I played the closed beta for months before the game. At least a 100 hours worth of play time. Let me tell you the game is excellent as far as content goes. User interface is great though I did not like it at first. This is an improvement from D2 which I also still play. DRM issues are basically a pointless argument. While I understand people want to play it offline, the fact is theI played the closed beta for months before the game. At least a 100 hours worth of play time. Let me tell you the game is excellent as far as content goes. User interface is great though I did not like it at first. This is an improvement from D2 which I also still play. DRM issues are basically a pointless argument. While I understand people want to play it offline, the fact is the description of system requirements clearly states internet connection required. If you didn't read it quit blaming Blizzard or anyone else for your mistake. There was such a problem in D2 with hacks and dupes and people selling ingame content for money that Blizz instituted a MUCH needed DRM requirement and no single player ability in efforts to reduce hacking and duping. Server side issues will be adressed in terms of connection. Actually they already were somewhat at 10am this morning on day one of play. That is a company that supports its products fixing an unforseen condition within 10 hours of game launch here in the USA. Great game Blizzard. Expand
  55. May 15, 2012
    Best game Ever!!!. i have been playing for 6 hours and now i'm in college, i want to play it NOW lol. i am loving the WD. The story is so much better than D1 and D2(ive only played 6 hours but its awesome so far!)
    i love the WD attacks they are all so visceral!
  56. May 15, 2012
    This game is probably the best ever. It's basically like minecraft, but you don't have to interact with blocks, you just click mobs and they drop items. View is top down instead of first person also. And you don't really have to click mobs to drop items, because you can buy all items in online shop for real money.

The game has its share of weak points, like being short, repeating,

The game has its share of weak points, like being short, repeating, graphics being kinda obsolette - NEVERMIND THIS, it's Blizzard game, so it's the best ever. 10/10
  57. May 15, 2012
    Great game: everything I expected and more. No problems logging from Europe in the early morning of today. Stop ranting about day one errors please... just judge the game.
  58. May 20, 2012
    This game is amazingly fun. It's too bad that so many people gave it bad reviews simply because of connection issues. Just listen to the critics on this one.
  59. May 17, 2012
    Latency issues and login errors almost stopped after 30 minutes of the release, and all servers are stable right now, stop trolling guys, no one in the right mind checks MC user reviews due to guys like you, the game definitely doesn't deserve 0 just because you couldn't log in for 15 minutes
  60. Jul 24, 2012
    What can I say? DRM, 6 hours gameplay (easy at that) and no real feel to it like the previous two... Sorry, but this is the worst game Blizzard made in it's history (one of the worst I've played). I've played flash games on AG that are better and LONGER than this overpriced piece of 5h17. If you are a millonaire and don't know what to do with your money, don't spend it on this game, spendWhat can I say? DRM, 6 hours gameplay (easy at that) and no real feel to it like the previous two... Sorry, but this is the worst game Blizzard made in it's history (one of the worst I've played). I've played flash games on AG that are better and LONGER than this overpriced piece of 5h17. If you are a millonaire and don't know what to do with your money, don't spend it on this game, spend it on Blizzard so you make them stop the next time they even THINK about selling something like this again. Expand
  61. Sep 24, 2012
    People who like juice boxes, being told what to do, who have no self respect, and enjoy products that break all the time for no reason will love this game. Please, buy it, support Blizzard and their mentality that you are lucky to play this **** game.
  62. Jun 1, 2012
    This game under working conditions deserves 3 or 4 max. Well it isn't working at all. So I give it 0.

A new day, a new error. This is slap in the face for all the customers who bought "fastest selling game of all times. These days there is like 1 out of 50 games that comes out as finished product. Blizzard took way to long time to release D3 which is far from the finished game. They plan to bring pvp system through the future patch?! However they are far to busy solving so many other problems that the game is facing. They released the game as final product and yet they plan to change some core systems that they presented as something never seen before. D2 was brilliant game, it was far from perfect but it was good, and that was like 10 years ago. Things like scroll of identification and town portal scroll are totally unimportant to me. Anyway while I can understand why they removed those, following the same logic I don't get it why they left "white" items in the game (drop system) when there is absolutely no use for those items. D2 had "white" items too but those were very useful for crafting. Crafting system in D3 is dumb and totally worthless, you lose gold and materials by "gambling" for the stats instead of getting what you pay for. It has all be planned in such way so we all use gold auction house, but the reality is they want to force you to use Real money Auction House. This game is biggest failure in gaming history ever. Period.
  63. Jun 1, 2012
    Im giving this game a BIG zero, simply because it's unplayable due to fps drops, constant DC, lag and no info from Blizzard about what's going on. Worst release ever! It's been over two weeks and Iv'e had enough. Sorry ACTIVISIONBLIZZARD, but this is the last dollar you will ever get from me.
  64. Jun 15, 2012
    After finally able to play leveling a monk to 30 and a wizard to 60, experienced inferno up to act 2. I can tell you what I felt is wrong with this game. While I have played diablo 1 and 2, I harbored no lingering nostalgia or yearn for an upgraded version of the predecessors, I only wanted an entertaining and fun game. Diablo 3 failed in that respect, It's just not fun or entertainingAfter finally able to play leveling a monk to 30 and a wizard to 60, experienced inferno up to act 2. I can tell you what I felt is wrong with this game. While I have played diablo 1 and 2, I harbored no lingering nostalgia or yearn for an upgraded version of the predecessors, I only wanted an entertaining and fun game. Diablo 3 failed in that respect, It's just not fun or entertaining enough to warren multiple play through.

One of the most glaring problem is that this game feel unfinished and I felt like I was a beta tester. It seems that nothing in this game is set in stone and you're investing time and literally money if you use the real money auction house in a very uncertain environment. Whenever the player find ways to make progress, blizzard will change things in the game to bar the players from making progress, this range from changing skills down to the gears that you payed for. Yes, what you buy today may not be what it is tomorrow.

Changes are good most of the time, but blizzard seems to only change things that are favorable to themselves and not the players, it seems that their whole design and patching mentality revolves around their auction house. It's like making the auction house work is more important to them than making the game more enjoyable. There are a lot of useless skills on each class but they makes no attempts to change it for the better, not even hinting they will change them. However one skill that players found were useful and having an easy time with it, they hotfix it before we can blink. Another solution would be to give all classes useful builds, but I guess it's easier to make one useful skill in one class useless.

It seems that blizzard is just working against the players instead of for them or with them. I highly recommend to just skip this game. You missed nothing, it's not revolutionary, it's not even evolutionary.
  65. Jun 20, 2012
    This game is getting worse week by week as they "patch" things that take away the fun. Basically anything you find good about the game now, next week they'll be gone.
  66. Jun 20, 2012
    Always online DRM, gold farmers, must buy an authenticator if you don't want to be hacked, bad music, real money auction house designed to exploit consumers, insane repair costs introduced in the 1.03 patch designed to cripple your game (who knows what crippling patches Blizzard will have in the future), Deckard Cain's anticlimactic death, looks more like WOW than previous Diablo games,Always online DRM, gold farmers, must buy an authenticator if you don't want to be hacked, bad music, real money auction house designed to exploit consumers, insane repair costs introduced in the 1.03 patch designed to cripple your game (who knows what crippling patches Blizzard will have in the future), Deckard Cain's anticlimactic death, looks more like WOW than previous Diablo games, generic cash grab, horrible story, you probably won't be able to get a refund if you buy it, bad loot distribution, game is buggy and unfinished, overpriced compared to other PC games. If you decide to ignore all the warnings and buy this game and have buyer's remorse, don't complain, because by then, Blizzard and Activision will already have your money. Expand
  67. Jun 22, 2012
    OK. I have been playing Diablo 3 since it released. I am a fan of both Diablo 2 and 1. At 31 years old this game insults the gaming world as a whole. DRM requires an always online connection. The game seems to be geared toward making you use the RMAH (real money auction house) where blizzard makes a percentage on anything sold on it. They said that only 1/5 players play online and blizzardOK. I have been playing Diablo 3 since it released. I am a fan of both Diablo 2 and 1. At 31 years old this game insults the gaming world as a whole. DRM requires an always online connection. The game seems to be geared toward making you use the RMAH (real money auction house) where blizzard makes a percentage on anything sold on it. They said that only 1/5 players play online and blizzard is trying to force you into playing it multi-player. The graphics are behind by 5 years.(that is being nice) It is a short story but it is a loot game that is meant for you to continue to progress through each difficulty much like D2 was. Blizzard has decided to lead the way with this DRM and the RMAH and both are a complete failure in my opinion. (and that of most people who have played this game) If you want a game that holds your hand and tells you what you can and can't do then this is the game for you. I can go on and on about the failures in this game but i don't want to be 40 by the time I'm done writing this. Expand
  68. Jun 23, 2012
    The utter neglect Blizzard has shown in regards to this game is mind boggling.

Not only has this new team of developers managed to rip the soul out of Diablo, they managed to create a mediocre piece of badly coded shallowness catered to casual gaming. What is most frustrating is the fact that their servers create lag spikes resulting in unfair deaths, their game is broken on so many
    The utter neglect Blizzard has shown in regards to this game is mind boggling.

What is most frustrating is the fact that their servers create lag spikes resulting in unfair deaths, their game is broken on so many levels and the latest patch only helped to suck more of the fun out of the game, along with breaking a myriad of spells and mechanics.

The addition of an Auction house and Real Money Auction House is another step backward, clearly Blizzard has seen what a money maker WoW is and decided to poor that into the game.

The result is a boring game with a childish art-style that only servers one purpose : Force people to spend real money on the Real Auction House.

This game is not about skill, it's about investing the most money to get the best gear and I am fully against these types of business schemes.

Furthermore they took everything that was remotely fun or remotely connected to actual skill out of the game.

Their hit detection is so broken it's possible for you to die from an attack performed by a melee mob on the edge of the visible playing field --> nowhere near you .

Blizzard's response to this issue : It's the way we want it to be, we don't want people dodging mobs.

I.E. : We are too incompetent to fix this issue and thus we'll just say it's meant to be that way.

I loved Blizzard, I forgave them for the folly that is WoW but this was the final drop.

Total neglect of their userbase.
    Extreme neglect of their European customers.
    Bad server stability.
    Total lack of respect for it's customers.
    Total lack of knowledge on what Diablo used to be.

If you feel like grinding for over 900 hours in a boring, demotivating environment where everything remotely fun has been siphoned out and being forced to spend Real cash on gear then this game is meant for you.

This is the last game I'll ever have purchased from Blizzard, I will be warning my children's children of the band of thieves that Blizzard represents.
  69. Jun 28, 2012
    Diablo was always about finding that new item that was better then your last and countless runs to perfect your gear. So to my dismay when i heard they were adding an Auction House (AH) I was like well that could work but surely i can find new items that are better as i go. That was the case up to about level 25. After then its not oh what will drop next for me. Instead it became what willDiablo was always about finding that new item that was better then your last and countless runs to perfect your gear. So to my dismay when i heard they were adding an Auction House (AH) I was like well that could work but surely i can find new items that are better as i go. That was the case up to about level 25. After then its not oh what will drop next for me. Instead it became what will drop next i can sell it on the AH so i can try and afford a new item myself. Diablo then became a game that was about the AH and not finding the next best item. So now you have to worry about over inflation of gold and as time goes on there will be no limit to how high things will cost and what changes will be made due to the constant patching Blizzard now does.

All these changes to skill and how stats effect your characters and this is before PvP is even released. Blizzard focused too much on cashing in and not enough on gameplay and customer experience. I played through to inferno act 3 then realized what a complete waste of time it was. I have since moved on. This is clearly just my opinion and a warning to those of like mind.
  70. Jul 31, 2012
    Diablo 3 pails as a successor to Diablo 2 in many gameplay respects, however, I'll overlook most of those for this review. Diablo 3 requires always on Internet presence in order to even play the single player game. This makes lag an issue, and with my closest servers being about a third of the world away from me, the game plays like a slideshow, not matter what system on net connection IDiablo 3 pails as a successor to Diablo 2 in many gameplay respects, however, I'll overlook most of those for this review. Diablo 3 requires always on Internet presence in order to even play the single player game. This makes lag an issue, and with my closest servers being about a third of the world away from me, the game plays like a slideshow, not matter what system on net connection I run it on. Always on DRM is not fun, and has not prevented cheaters and scammers on the auction houses or in the game, and don't get me started with the level of discourse in the forums. I would say this is an average action game at best, if you removed the online components (which seems impossible without a complete redesign), or the worst Internet game ever made if you can't. Would not recommend any Blizzard products in the future based on this. Expand
  71. Aug 1, 2012
    In a nutshell - DIABLO 3 is garbage !! I waited 10 plus years for this game to be released and now that it has I won't be playing it anymore. Don't get me wrong I gave it a chance at close to 200 hours of game play. During that time I managed to find 3 Legendary items that were trash and not even useable. My lvl 57 Barb is always under equipped and I could never even find items to balanceIn a nutshell - DIABLO 3 is garbage !! I waited 10 plus years for this game to be released and now that it has I won't be playing it anymore. Don't get me wrong I gave it a chance at close to 200 hours of game play. During that time I managed to find 3 Legendary items that were trash and not even useable. My lvl 57 Barb is always under equipped and I could never even find items to balance him through the auction house. I am sorry that it took me so long to realize just how sh@tty this game really is. The game looks like a clone of Guild Wars and the weapon situation is just as disappointing . I am now another use- to- be Blizzard fan and I WILL NEVER support them with another purchase !! I could go on and on but everyone seems to know exactly what makes this game Sh!t so I won't waste my time and yours !! [elite boss powers --- Jailer, vortex, desecrator, fast ??? WTF !!! boss example Wasps !!! What a joke !! Peace I'm out looking for a better game. Expand
  72. Aug 13, 2012
    A broken game built around a real-money auction house... a sad attempt to raise revenue through micro-transactions, destroying a great franchise in the process... pathetic.
  73. Sep 24, 2012
    Painfull to play. its like getting punched in the face by the dev team every time you play. gaming is dead, gaming is dead, gaming is dead, gaming is dead.
  74. Sep 24, 2012
    Oh...what to say that hasn't been said already by hordes of angry disappointed fans. This is the First BAD game that Blizzard releases. Plain and simple, that's how everyone will remember Diablo 3, (hopefully the first and last). Why?? How a company with so many resources, virtually unlimited for the gaming industry, and so much time could've got it this wrong? I kept asking myself andOh...what to say that hasn't been said already by hordes of angry disappointed fans. This is the First BAD game that Blizzard releases. Plain and simple, that's how everyone will remember Diablo 3, (hopefully the first and last). Why?? How a company with so many resources, virtually unlimited for the gaming industry, and so much time could've got it this wrong? I kept asking myself and coming with the same answer every time: "Lack of talent". This new Blizzard Diablo 3 team and specially their lead designer are simply not good enough to make a game that lives up to the expectations of the Diablo fans. Aside the fact that the game was developed around the single and main purpose of serving as Cash-Cow for Blizzard, and the internet always requirement, No LAN support, horrible launch, etc etc...You could've still made a great game out of Diablo 3...if you didn't fail in the next 50 aspects of it. Some of which are Looting system (they simply didn't get the point of it), character progression through talents/spells/attributes (they gutted them in favor of simpler/streamlined game play), the removal of random map generation, and the lack of understanding on how to properly design a grind based point-click Action RPG' mobs (boring easy to One shotted and nothing in between). They just never got it. My opinion is this is due to their lead designer and Blizzard's greediness. I call what happened to Diablo 3: "FPS mentality". Their lead designer's FPS background clearly shows in every step of Diablo 3, and it's sad, because he could Expand
  75. May 29, 2012
    horrible game i wonder how much blizzard had to pay critics to give it a decent score. shoot, i got into the wrong line of business. i would love to sit at my computer, getting paid to play garbage games, the troll the masses with a perfect score. trash game is trash.
  76. May 29, 2012
    Of course I knew that it would ber very unlikely that a masterpiece such as d2 would ever be recreated (similar to my comparison of oblivion elder scolls and skyrim) with the realease of diablo 3. What I wasn't expecting was a game that I would require constant internet connectivity with the absence of of a basic single player mode along with an integrated auction house which eliminatesOf course I knew that it would ber very unlikely that a masterpiece such as d2 would ever be recreated (similar to my comparison of oblivion elder scolls and skyrim) with the realease of diablo 3. What I wasn't expecting was a game that I would require constant internet connectivity with the absence of of a basic single player mode along with an integrated auction house which eliminates all trading games(which sucksss!!!). The mere inability to create custom games that are labeled and available to see and join is a jump in the complete opposite direction of what I consider the best game I have ever played which is diablo 2. Let me remind everyone that the characters in this game are INFERIOR to the classic must have characters of the last game. Really a monk over a paladin? But of course I want to pay for another expansion just to get the cool characters later right? Yes! The auctionhouse itself is a double edged sword as it provides quick easily accessible items which takes all of the fun and struggle out of getting new gear. As nice as it is to be able to get the items that you want quick, if you are a former d2 player you know what I'm talking about. Instead of the market being flooded with every type of item (one man's trash is another's treasure) people would simply not pick up every worthless item they found since the items had to be traded or sold for gold. In my opinion blizzard got too greedy and ruined that whole aspect of the game (which is a HUGE aspect of the game to me). The cap at four heroes per game is also a bummer as that is half the amount of characters allowed in the last game.Of course I could find more things to scrutinize, but I believe I have covered the main points which clearly show I will not be playing this game ten years later or four different times over the span of ten years like I did with the jewel of diablo 2. Expand
  77. May 30, 2012
    **** after more than 2 weeks still 37 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  78. May 31, 2012
    It is absolutely appalling how high critics have rated this game. (Blizzard been slipping you cash?) There are multiple issues with the game, and I will list a few down here. However, I do give this game a solid 1 for combat, I believe that has been done quite well.

Issues with the game: -Linear maps (little randomization; in contrary to what was promised pre-launch) -Not possible to

Issues with the game:
    -Not possible to travel between acts, feels very confined
    -Terrible story plot, awful dialogue, undermining and completely ruining very important characters from the previous Diablo games.
    -Boring cut-scenes that get very repetitive after completing normal difficulty
    -Loot system completely broken -Monsters' skills randomized (very little thought into it, and very uncreative)
    -In Hell/Inferno there is little consideration for monsters' damage, a lot of instant kills -Bosses are too easy and drop loot that is comparable with ordinary mobs
    -Diablo himself looks like a woman with large hips (why have you ruined him?)
    -Servers unreliable, always getting errors when trying to log in

Blizzard has completely undermined and spat on a large fan base that has been eagerly and faithfully awaiting this game for years. Cheers.
  79. Jun 1, 2012
    you pay for a game u can't play cus they can't run the server. there is lag, crash, and half of the tiem the server are down. don't buy this **** game
  80. Jun 1, 2012
    I am not a hard core gamer and just want to play the game I bough alone but this is not possible with Blizzard ! You must be connected to internet which is not very pratical sometimes and you have to suffer for any issue on Blizzard side.
    3 consecutive time being stop by a server error is not bad luck. It is bad design! How can a game in development for 5 years forgot to buy servers and network experts for there game.
    Too bad for a game that seems to be interesting.
    Now I understand what single online player mean
  81. Jun 2, 2012
    Blizzard did not meet the minimum requirement for this game: playable. At launch, you literally could not play the game because the servers were down. On the second day, all the servers were down for another 8 hours. Even a week after its release, servers would go down occasionally during random times of the day. This could have all been avoided if Blizzard simply made a single playerBlizzard did not meet the minimum requirement for this game: playable. At launch, you literally could not play the game because the servers were down. On the second day, all the servers were down for another 8 hours. Even a week after its release, servers would go down occasionally during random times of the day. This could have all been avoided if Blizzard simply made a single player offline mode, none of these problems would be an issue. Blizzard is blaming hacking on the victims. I know a handful of friends who have been hacked and Blizzard did absolutely nothing for them. I found out that my friends who got hacked did not have an authenticator. I got an authenticator after those incidents. Days later, I was hacked and Blizzard isn't doing a damn thing about it. Poor customer service and a veritable plethora of bugs make this game an unenjoyable experience. Expand
  82. Jun 2, 2012
    terrible game. the last difficulty of the game is impossible without exploits. blizzard expects you to use real money to beat the game. LAGS all the time, and server maintenance are 10+ hours long. no single player, doesnt live up to hype. story sucks, CAIN DIES? the most iconic friendly npc dies..
  83. Jun 2, 2012
    Followed this game religiously since it's announcement. This is not the game they advertised it to be. Horrible level design, unbelievably bad loot distribution, overwhelming disparity between range and melee, hacks and exploits all come together to ruin the sequel to one of the most loved pc franchises of all time. Fire Jay Wilson. Avoid this abortion.
  84. Jun 3, 2012
    I'm a long time fan who waited 10 years to play this game. I am just devastated at how terrible it is. I don't know how a company with as good a reputation as blizzard could make such trash. FIRE JAY WILSON immediately because he apparently has no idea why people (including himself) played the original Diablo games. I'm not going to write a review because if you haven't figured out by nowI'm a long time fan who waited 10 years to play this game. I am just devastated at how terrible it is. I don't know how a company with as good a reputation as blizzard could make such trash. FIRE JAY WILSON immediately because he apparently has no idea why people (including himself) played the original Diablo games. I'm not going to write a review because if you haven't figured out by now the game is bad then you are just a retarded fan-boy or a small child who would like anything this company threw at you. Expand
  85. Jun 6, 2012
    Diablo 3 fails to provide any of what it promised.
    Online only play is a huge burden to players and its sole purpose preventing the breakdown of economy in game has already failed as Blizzard has diabled commodity auctions as their prices had crashed. Check points and inability to play when Blizzards computers are not working is also at the detriment of the player.
    The 'innovation'
    Diablo 3 fails to provide any of what it promised.

The 'innovation' completely breaks the ability to build customized characters. All the skill thus is removed. You can at any point copy another players build and it hampers game progress as many high level skills are completely useless and you often resort to level 30 skills in inferno. Skill progression should at least improve with the rune system which it fails to do. In addition you cannot build a character to you play style as you cant level a specific skill or character traits.

Balancing is a lie. Melee characters get raped in inferno and have almost no damage output and range players have impressive spam but shatter in 1 hit kills in any act higher than act 1 inferno.

Loot drops are broken and you end up having to use the auction house which was likely intended to feed Blizzard real currency auction house money. Bosses on replay tend to drop nothing better than creatures from the previous Game.

Graphics are very Blizzard, approximately 5 years behind the current technology and capacity.

The game was rushed and act 4 is only about 1/4 the length of act 1 or 2.

I would not recommend you buy this game even as a die hard Diablo fan. Just get Diablo II and live in blissful ignorance. What Blizzard did to Diablo III is a travesty. The whole game is broken, support and availability is broken and none of the old elements (besides yes its a hack and slash) remain that brought in all the pre-purchase sales. Sadly it isn't even a equal quality update Diablo III it is a torn apart and shredded remnant of a once great genre with nothing more than its name to even make it worth mentioning. Do not listen to the critics! This is not an 89 / 100 game this is realistically if it weren't a big title nothing higher than a 45 / 100.
  86. Jun 8, 2012
    This game is just terrible. It is basically Diablo 2 with some better graphic, nothing else. There is no thinking required in this game. It's just clicking the mouse all the time, which makes me wanna sleep every time I play for more than 10 minutes. I recommend everyone who wanna buy this game to save your money on something worth its price, such as the new Dragon's Dogma which is a 10This game is just terrible. It is basically Diablo 2 with some better graphic, nothing else. There is no thinking required in this game. It's just clicking the mouse all the time, which makes me wanna sleep every time I play for more than 10 minutes. I recommend everyone who wanna buy this game to save your money on something worth its price, such as the new Dragon's Dogma which is a 10 times better game than this piece of crap. Expand
  87. Jun 10, 2012
    I thought I would give Diablo 3 a shot despite the avalanche of negative user reviews. I quickly realized that my fellow gamers were right. This game is so bad, I scarcely know where to begin. Awful graphics, repetitive gameplay, limited character customization, constant connection problems (even a month after release), real money auction house, simplistic story line...

Blizzard cut every

Blizzard cut every corner possible in an effort to mazimize profits, and it shows, A LOT. Don't waste your money on this title.
  88. Jun 13, 2012
    I honestly can't understand why people giving negative reviews are being called whiners and idiots.
    I was awaiting for this game with much anticipation, because I liked very much D2 and Titan Quest. Does love for D3 predecessors not count as main reason of anticipation? Am I an idiot just because D3
    does not stand to my expectation? Previous reviewers already mentioned main flaws of
    does not stand to my expectation?
    Previous reviewers already mentioned main flaws of Diablo 3. So I'll just make an accent on what made D3 very disappointing game for me.
    1. I can't play this game in the evening hours after my work, because of lag issue. I have good broadband internet connection and in the morning hours game was running OK. But in the evening I just can't play. Yes, I'm ashamed of throwing 60 bucks into waste basket. But we learn on our mistakes.
    I will never, ever buy another DRM game.
    2. We rate everything in our life compareing to previous experiences. So I don't understand why comparing D3 to its predecessors is not legitimate. In my opinion D3 is almost not replayable, which I cannot say about D2 or TQ., I played those games for a long, long time.
    3. Getting sword with intelligence stat in a game, where there is no cross-classing is not fun !!
    4. Being robbed of really good loot in a game that is mostly about loot - is not fun !!
    5. I don't whan't all this real money stuff, I just want good single player gaming experience

I'm very frustrated.

I'm
  89. Jun 13, 2012
    This "game" is a shame for Blizzard and for players! I spend more than 40 hours on ths game before i say what i think. Graphisms are from an other time (10 years ago?) the gameplay? what gameplay? Loots are so poor! and the aspect "paytowin" is really , really a shame. And of course i don't speak about the obligation to be online all the time. I think Blizzard is over, just a company toThis "game" is a shame for Blizzard and for players! I spend more than 40 hours on ths game before i say what i think. Graphisms are from an other time (10 years ago?) the gameplay? what gameplay? Loots are so poor! and the aspect "paytowin" is really , really a shame. And of course i don't speak about the obligation to be online all the time. I think Blizzard is over, just a company to make money making casual games. I go back to D2, waiting Torchlight2 . I hope i will be better - but i guess it will be easy to be better. (Sorry for english people , english is not my native language) Expand
  90. Jun 18, 2012
    Diablo 3 could have just been D2 with updated graphics and I would have been happy. Magic finding in D2 was very addicting. In D3 though, instead of hunting for unique items with interesting stats (meaning items that have stats you wouldn't find on a blue or yellow), you're searching for blue weapons with high damage and yellow items with the stats people want (vit, int, dex, str, allDiablo 3 could have just been D2 with updated graphics and I would have been happy. Magic finding in D2 was very addicting. In D3 though, instead of hunting for unique items with interesting stats (meaning items that have stats you wouldn't find on a blue or yellow), you're searching for blue weapons with high damage and yellow items with the stats people want (vit, int, dex, str, all res, etc). All items can have these stats, which means that there aren't any truly unique items that get you excited. Sure everyone in D2 was using roughly the same items, but the varying stats could make your items better because you have +2 to all skills instead of +1!

Another thing that is upsetting is the auction house. Instead of trading items, which is pointless with stats that can be on any item, you scrounge the auction house for a long time looking for the stats you want. This removes any social interaction the game had via trading and makes it boring.

The skills system... The skills were pretty cool, except that you can't use all of your spells and are locked to 6 or so, along with 3 passives. Sure you can change them, but there is a cooldown if you're not in town and the cooldown increases if you're in the higher difficulties. I actually liked the spell system at first with the whole rune enhancements while you level up. However, I realized that the runes I was unlocking weren't making my spells any better and I was using the old versions of the spells through end game. It sorta ruined the whole feeling of getting stronger.

I don't know what suckers are still playing this game, but after I reached halfway through inferno I was done. The only people I know are still playing are the ones that want to make money using the real money auction house.

I won't bother saying what else I don't like about this game, but I would say stay away from this one. And one last thing; Diablo in D3 looks retarded.
  91. Jun 18, 2012
    What else is there to say about Diablo 3 that hasn't already been touched upon by the thousands of reviews? As a huge fan of the first two Diablo games, I find D3 to be a massive disappointment. How did it take 12 years to basically rehash Diablo 2 with updated (and cartoonish) graphics? Same four act structure? Same basic environments for the acts (forest, desert, under seigeWhat else is there to say about Diablo 3 that hasn't already been touched upon by the thousands of reviews? As a huge fan of the first two Diablo games, I find D3 to be a massive disappointment. How did it take 12 years to basically rehash Diablo 2 with updated (and cartoonish) graphics? Same four act structure? Same basic environments for the acts (forest, desert, under seige snowy/mountain region, etc.)? Same number of character classes (five, at launch)? It seems the only things Blizzard made were negative ones -- timers on everything, elimination of skill/character customization, noobish inividualized item drops, extremely low item drop rates, horrible (and I mean horrible) items with lame modifiers where only the DPS really matters, implementation of AH/RMAH to ruin the item hunt fun at the core of the Diablo series, etc. I can't really think of one innovative aspect of D3, or any good features that aren't derived wholly from Diablo 2/LOD. Bottom line, is that unless you're 10 years old (or have the equivalent mental capacity) you will probably not enjoy this game very much, or for very long. Expand
  92. Jun 19, 2012
    Cheesy B-movie story-telling, cliche one-dimensional characters, corny voice-acting, non-sensical/comical actions by villains, predictable twists and plotline. Lack of diverse character types within and among classes - no more physical/caster/hybrid - all character types now rely on weapon damage like physical characters in D2. This destroys a huge amount of itemization/gearing choices, asCheesy B-movie story-telling, cliche one-dimensional characters, corny voice-acting, non-sensical/comical actions by villains, predictable twists and plotline. Lack of diverse character types within and among classes - no more physical/caster/hybrid - all character types now rely on weapon damage like physical characters in D2. This destroys a huge amount of itemization/gearing choices, as there's no longer a deviation between decentralized gear (caster) vs centralized gear (physical) vs a build that needs to balance the two (hybrid). Expand
  93. Jun 20, 2012
    This game is a piece of crap. It forces you to be online even when playing SINGLE player. It lags like hell and disconnects you several times an hour.
  94. Jun 21, 2012
    Game-play is mind-numbingly repetitive. Players forced to play only online so Blizzard can throw up patches that nerf what little fun existed in the game at first. Unbelievably arrogant developers and employees .who tell players what is fun and what isn't and delete forum threads and ban forum users who are critical and hurt their little feelings. Huge fail for Blizzard.
  95. Jun 21, 2012
    RIP Blizzard Diablo 3 was fun for the first 2 times through it. but seriously inferno level is just unbalanced un-fun and nothing but a waste of time. as of this review there are 1617 people playing on the US server. That alone should tell you everything you need to know about the game. For a game that was 12 years in the making it is extremly unimaginative and lets be honest it was neverRIP Blizzard Diablo 3 was fun for the first 2 times through it. but seriously inferno level is just unbalanced un-fun and nothing but a waste of time. as of this review there are 1617 people playing on the US server. That alone should tell you everything you need to know about the game. For a game that was 12 years in the making it is extremly unimaginative and lets be honest it was never intended to be fun. It was made to make ActaBlizzion fist loads of money on the RMAH.The only hitch they ran into is that consumers like to get value for their $60 usd. and the platform is just a stripped down version of WoW with poorly ported controls poorly sized hit boxes poorly designed interface, and well just a poorly designed game in general. It has been barely a month since they (ActaBlizzion) broke all records for pre sales on a software release and they have less than 2000 people playing it. i have a monk that is well into inferno and even with the loot drops buffed in the latest patch mobs at the end of act 1 are still dropping loot from the hell play through.

I just accidentally dragged one of my skills off of my action bar and it zeroed my level 60 loot buff. EPIC FAIL. the only reason the buff is there in the first place is to keep people logged into the game for longer than 3 min at a time. because the servers couldn't handle the load.

ActaBlizzions solution: make the game so boring and unimaginative that people quit playing, because after all once they have your $60 usd who cares if you keep playing.

I can hardly wait to see the sales numbers from the next release from this FORMER industry leader.

If you decide to try this game you have to agree to the DRM ALWAYS LOGGED ON requirement. for those of you who don't know what DRM is it is an extremly sad attempt to keep the game from getting copied. the so called "Digital Rights Management" software downloads onto your computer and ties up valuable resources by having your own computer scan itself for copies or other attempts to hack or subvert the game. ( as if the people doing that would not remove the DRM first thing.) The end result is a poorly performing game with random sluggishness as your computer tries to catch you hacking, AND NO POSSIBLE WAY TO PLAY OFFLINE.

Even to play a single player campaign requires you be at the mercy of battlenets laggy and barely stable servers.The TOU states that battlenet can pull the servers down at any time with no warning for as long as they please and you have no recourse because you clicked ok on the TOU at the start.

but don't take just my word for it feel free to read everyone else's complaints on the official forums @ http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/

and remember what Cormack says: Betrayal can NEVER be forgiven.
  96. Jun 21, 2012
    Very disappointing. I'm a huge fan of the Diablo franchise, but this game stinks.

They only let their beta testers play 1/48th of the game and it shows. Don't pay full retail for what will basically be another year of beta-testing. Currently, each patch makes the game WORSE, and they are sneaky about slipping in "hotfixes" that make it less fun, or fix things they refused to admit

They only let their beta testers play 1/48th of the game and it shows.

Don't pay full retail for what will basically be another year of beta-testing. Currently, each patch makes the game WORSE, and they are sneaky about slipping in "hotfixes" that make it less fun, or fix things they refused to admit were broken.

If you MUST give this company your money, buy D2 and the L.O.D expansion.
  97. Jun 21, 2012
    Awful game play and experience overall. If the original diablo developers were still working for Blizzard it might feel like diablo and more polished. The gear progression only takes place through purchases in the auction house. After 200+ hours on one level 60, I have not found an upgrade to use besides the auction house. Its a big let down for the entire gaming community imo.
  98. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in each and every way but one. Cheating. And not just small cheats such as maphacks. You got bots, duplication of items etc. Diablo 3 has been out for 2 months by now, the game is already completely ruined by the cheating and Blizzard stands by the sideline watching, incapable of fixing their own mess. Other than that the game itself is quite good. TheDiablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in each and every way but one. Cheating. And not just small cheats such as maphacks. You got bots, duplication of items etc. Diablo 3 has been out for 2 months by now, the game is already completely ruined by the cheating and Blizzard stands by the sideline watching, incapable of fixing their own mess. Other than that the game itself is quite good. The story was decent, the gameplay alright. How ever there is something that has been bothering me. Why is it called Diablo 3? This game is nothing like Diablo or Diablo 2. This game should be called World of Diablo.

To sum it all up, I'm glad I traded a f2p mmo account for a D3 key. Otherwise I would have felt ripped off.
    Do yourself a favour. Don't pay for this game, trade something equally useless for it, such as a used paper towel.

In conclusion. This is a Blizzard "Entertainment" product and as such it is highly overrated garbage praised solemnly because it has been developed by Blizzard.
  99. Jun 27, 2012
    Gameplay is OK up until the last level of difficulty, and then Inferno mode is ridiculously difficult. So difficult in fact it is no fun at all, more of like banging your head against a brick wall hoping the wall will break first. Most people who like this game have not reached the final content where the developers state there are 'diminishing returns' which is their way of saying "YouGameplay is OK up until the last level of difficulty, and then Inferno mode is ridiculously difficult. So difficult in fact it is no fun at all, more of like banging your head against a brick wall hoping the wall will break first. Most people who like this game have not reached the final content where the developers state there are 'diminishing returns' which is their way of saying "You won't get almost anything out of it...but keep playing and/or buy stuff from our CASH auction house if it bothers you"... For making this game a drawn out scam to get money from you in the final content, I award this game a 0. Expand
  100. Jun 28, 2012
    I am a big fan of the Diablo series, i still have the original Diablo Boxed version with 3.5" floppy disks,
    i was keen to give this a try. Imagine my disappointment when i realised it was a Digital rights management (DRM) game. Yet another favorite series ruined by DRM just like Silent Hunter V which has now been patched so that you don't have to be online btw, all too late however as the game is now available in most stores for a fraction of its original price. Blizzard and all developers take head, we the users do not want DRM and if you persist i'm sure many of you will be able to discuss the matter with us in the dole queue.
  101. May 15, 2012
    Very disappointing, doesn't live up to the Diablo name at all. Cartoony graphics, shallow & arcady gameplay (clearly catering to casuals), uninspired and repetitive levels and monsters. RPG elements are mostly gone, no more character development, everything 'unlocks' automatically. Instead we get the real money auction house (pay to cheat) and online-only DRM. LAN has been cut completely,Very disappointing, doesn't live up to the Diablo name at all. Cartoony graphics, shallow & arcady gameplay (clearly catering to casuals), uninspired and repetitive levels and monsters. RPG elements are mostly gone, no more character development, everything 'unlocks' automatically. Instead we get the real money auction house (pay to cheat) and online-only DRM. LAN has been cut completely, there's no dueling either (PvP got delayed). The rune system started as a great idea but the final implementation is a let down, it's just more skills. Instead of music we get some ambient soundscape that can't rival the quality sound tracks of the previous installments. Most of all, the game completely lacks the unique atmosphere that made the previous games so great, instead we get cheesy dialogue, over-the-top special effects and a lot of goofy stuff like giant toads and a Demon Hunter wearing high heels. A sad day for fans of Diablo 1 and 2. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012