4.0

1. May 30, 2012
    Its soon 2 weeks after release. And I still cant play the game. The game is fun the 4 min i get to play.
    But then I get kicked out due to "error 3007", blizzard says the problem is my. But at release day I played for 3 hours without any problem.
    The game is pretty much broken for me. Should never have been released in this state. Cant believe "game critics" have this game averaged at

Cant believe "game critics" have this game averaged at 8,3. Hahahaha.
  2. May 31, 2012
    Enhanced graphics and great cinematics. That are the two cool points of Diablo 3.
    The rest is a crappy version of Diablo 2. Bad story, bad character development, awfull loot system, obligatory use of AH to get decent stuff for inferno mode, unsatisfactory play experience after normal mode... 'nough said.
  3. May 31, 2012
    OMG this is terrible. The downtime on this game is horrible.

They keep doing emergency maintenance and calling it "Scheduled maintenance" You can't beat inferno unless you spend 100-200 hours grinding gold to buy items from the Auction house which is filled with items that are coming from Demon hunters that exploited the game in the early stages. OR you can spend real life money $50 -
    OMG this is terrible. The downtime on this game is horrible.

OR you can spend real life money $50 - $100 (maximum 10 hours work) so that blizzard can get 30% of the transaction. This game is clearly tuned for the RMAH and it's online only because of it, and the result is MANY MANY patches and servers being taken down... The experience is horrible.
  4. May 31, 2012
    Everybody knows that the launch was shameful but even at 2 weeks in the Forum is overflowing with complaints, personally I have not been able to log in and play on 2 out of 3 occasions so far.

For a single player game that is criminal and this is not the only reason for my low score. Not only is it a horrible example of failure on a technical a level for the company with the most

Not only is it a horrible example of failure on a technical a level for the company with the most successful online game but most of all Blizzard should be ashamed of what they have done with this once great game Franchise.

It has been "World of Warcrafted" . Dumbed down to the lowest level of skill required. Real money auction house? Really? Skills I cant even chose? No attributes? And beyond that its a crappy graphics level which looks like WoW in small.

I cant tell you how much this is the LAST time you have received money from me. Way to piss off a loyal fan from back in the Lost Viking days.

You shovel money in boatloads over 10 years and this is how you treat the fans that made it happen.

The game is not great. Its just well funded and well marketed, if they would have simply updated the graphics on D2 it would have been a better game. Story is not interesting enough to cover the fact that you are reduced to moronic monotony due to the limited and pre-prescribed skillset you choose from. Such a shame and the fact that the "critic" reviews loved this game just shows that nobody has the balls to tell it how it is.
  5. May 31, 2012
    Less than 24 hours into the release of Diablo 3 Blizzard was forced to take Battle.net offline in order to add more servers to handle the overwhelming demand for the game. If you are greeted with error codes that prevent you from logging in, Blizzard has provided some information on the error codes. The most frequent seems to be the "Error 37" which indicated that the Diablo III server hasLess than 24 hours into the release of Diablo 3 Blizzard was forced to take Battle.net offline in order to add more servers to handle the overwhelming demand for the game. If you are greeted with error codes that prevent you from logging in, Blizzard has provided some information on the error codes. The most frequent seems to be the "Error 37" which indicated that the Diablo III server has reached maximum capacity...And many other problems Expand
  6. May 31, 2012
    Having been a pretty hardcore Diablo 1 and 2 player, I don't think I could be more disappointed with D3...

Daily lag problems. Daily AH issues. The Inferno design is downright asinine. Moronic design that constantly severely punishes melee on the harder difficulties (hell / inferno). A very clear push to just use the AH / Real Money AH (and let's be real, the *real* end-game in D3 is the

Daily lag problems.
    Daily AH issues.
    The Inferno design is downright asinine.
    A very clear push to just use the AH / Real Money AH (and let's be real, the *real* end-game in D3 is the RMAH...Blizzardvision wants that $$$).

The game's probably alright if you're a casual gamer or have zero intention of playing Inferno (guess where the good items drop...) but if you're a serious Diablo fan or anything resembling a "hardcore" gamer, you should hold off on D3 and either wait for them to "unstupid" the game or simply skip it.

Torchlight 2's looking more and more enticing.
  7. Jun 1, 2012
    The game is not bad, is a simple story, but is nice, the graphic is pretty good for the game tipology, so is a nice game.
    The very bad thing is the fact of to be online everytime, if my router, or my connection go down, I go down in the game instead and I get logged off.
    There is much lag, I don't know if the lag come from mine internet connection or from blizzard's servers. I always
    I always loot just poor items, and usually only items of another class of heroes.
    I finished the game in 3 difficulties, and never found a legendary item, I always look the entire maps, but never find a good thing to use, or to sell.
    The lag make me die much times, so I have to spend gold to repair items.
    Another bad thing is the craft or armor, weapons or gem, why I have to spend golds when I create an item?
    why when I create an item my craft skill don't grow?
    I think is soo stupid I have to pay for items, and for skill up in the craft.
    Bosses or strong monsters don't drop good items why?
    I defeated Diablo in nightmare mode, and he dropped jsut 2 blu items!!!!!!!!! this is so stupid.
    I think blizzard have to give us some more luck in loot and some gold for the lag, or maybe a treasuer with some loots, cause every 2 days all servers are down, cause everyday I lag much.
    It's impossible to play in this way.
  8. Jun 1, 2012
    stats auto assigned, skill system not working at all, they are just runes that are unlocked thats all, everyone ends up with the same character, dialogs not serious at all, graphics are nice, but demons are not scary at all. azmodan looks more like a sesame street character. 60 bucks its a lot of money for this game, it could be ok for a 1 year designed game, but 12 years of overstats auto assigned, skill system not working at all, they are just runes that are unlocked thats all, everyone ends up with the same character, dialogs not serious at all, graphics are nice, but demons are not scary at all. azmodan looks more like a sesame street character. 60 bucks its a lot of money for this game, it could be ok for a 1 year designed game, but 12 years of over dessign??? also the always online drm is giving me a lot of problems, if it would stop doups and hacks on battlenet then is forgiven but the servers are not making a proper work, they need to upgrade them.

they ruined it, all, that's all.

if you are a newcomer then it is a mediocre game, but if you are a fan of the franchise avoid it at all cost.
  9. Jun 3, 2012
    Blizzard just design the game to make player spend money in RMAH. Item is not farmable in game, player can only farm gold and buy gear in AH. The gear mechanism is solely base on dips.
  10. Jun 9, 2012
    First the positives. First four cut scenes are amazing (last one is underwhelming). The epic feel that is present in those scenes is truly breathtaking and effort can clearly be seen. Graphics are not bad. I was expecting to dislike them because they were using the same point of view as previous Diablo games which were 12+ years old, but the game looks very nice, so much so that I wouldFirst the positives. First four cut scenes are amazing (last one is underwhelming). The epic feel that is present in those scenes is truly breathtaking and effort can clearly be seen. Graphics are not bad. I was expecting to dislike them because they were using the same point of view as previous Diablo games which were 12+ years old, but the game looks very nice, so much so that I would not mind seeing a real RPG (Baldur's Gate 3?) done the same way.
    Sound is very well done. Weapons and spell sound clean and you can really hear your attacks impact the targets.

The Bad
    Story is HORRID. BAD dialogue with bad voice acting. Bosses exist to keep monologuing telling you exactly what they plan on doing and where you need to go or what you need to do to stop them.
    Difficulty is a joke. First time through, in 15-20 hours you won't die unless you really screw up. Second time around you fight a particular kind of an elite unit which can be more difficult than any boss fight. Third time around you will struggle to kill anyone... until you visit AH and spend 1 hour worth of gold pickup and get some rare items your level, unlike the drops which 5-15 levels below your level, usually with stats that make no sense, in which case game becomes easy, save for few elite mobs which again, could be more difficult than any boss. AH which is so heavily saturated with gear that extremely good end game elites can be had for 2 hours of grinding.
    Game is just too unbalanced. I have read that the inferno is extremely difficult, which could be true, but in 38 hours and two complete walkthroughs through the game and a third one more than half done, I think I have had ~2 hours of what could be called balanced game. Rest of it was way too easy and couple of occasions where it was just broken.
  11. Jun 9, 2012
    First let me say I like many of you have been waiting for this game to come out for 12 years. It saddens me to give this a 6. But I feel its well deserved and fair. After waiting patiently for them to fix their server issues (completely expect this from blizz) I was playing and suddenly had my license revoked with no explanation given... After waiting 2 hours in a call queue that I hadFirst let me say I like many of you have been waiting for this game to come out for 12 years. It saddens me to give this a 6. But I feel its well deserved and fair. After waiting patiently for them to fix their server issues (completely expect this from blizz) I was playing and suddenly had my license revoked with no explanation given... After waiting 2 hours in a call queue that I had to call repeatedly to get into I was told this issue was related to the annual pass and my credit card info changing (lost my credit card, had it canceled and they were unable to charge me). They did not have an option to pay up and resume your account on their site or easily have your D3 license reinstated. Even after signing up again for month-to-month wow AND buying a digital copy of d3 my characters were completely gone. All of the time I invested in the game wiped out because of a measly 15$ payment was missed. I have sent thousands of dollars their way over the years when you take wow subscriptions, character transfers, games, etc.. And they dont even have the decency to send an email to notify me that d3 was at risk of being terminated. And they require you to call and wait for hours to even find out what the issue was because they are supremely understaffed.

The blizz support guy told me I could either sign up for another 1 year contract of WoW that i'll never play or buy the game again digitally and possibly have my characters restored but I'd have to call back next week to see if the issue has been resolved they link characters to the license and not your battle.net account... for whatever reason and they wont just give you your old account back and mark it as paid even if you shell out the 60$ They have decided that its too much work to make WoW compelling again so they are resorting to slight of hand tricks to get you to pay for a game you no longer play and decide the tween crowd might find the game interesting so they make a silly kung fu panda class as the only major change to the next expansion... Maybe this is a profitable choice as most adults who have been playing the game for years are completely burned out on the stale content and 5 more levels of the same crap isn't going to keep us interested. The "Annual Pass" can only be paid on a month-to-month basis which to me is incredibly misleading, apparently they are hoping people forget about cancelling their account after the 1 year is up.

The game isn't that bad when its working but those times are few and far between and its not that good either. The campaign gets stale fast, the items aren't compelling and melee characters are currently broken in a2 inferno and beyond. I'm so disgusted with this experience that I don't even want to play it anymore. Blizzard only cares about milking every penny out of you. They have lost their soul
  12. Jun 9, 2012
    biggest disappointment this year - h&s built over AH and real money AH - really boring in long term
    - broken skills system (everyone plays same cookie-cutter build)
    - broken items system ( cannot find anything for a hero - user almost obligated to use AH)
  13. Jun 15, 2012
    Worst Blizzard game in history!
    Not skillbased just pure gear and luck based.

Boring as Hell (pun intended)! First 20 hours in the game you must really try if you are going to die.
    Then 2h och quite fun and challanging play.
    The you have to get used to die every minute no matter you skill, it is just designt that way.
  14. Jun 17, 2012
    Absolutely pathetic, Blizzard. Christ, if this is what gaming is coming to I may have to opt out. Coach purse wielding, croc wearing fad followers are destroying this entire industry.
  15. Jun 18, 2012
    Seriously, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It's fun until you realize you will NEVER get a drop you can use at the level range you need it. The whole game is designed to force you to the RMAH. It's fun to play with friends if you never plan on getting to end level content and just want to screw around in a game that doesn't take much brain power.

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE CRITICS SCORES. They

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE CRITICS SCORES. They only got to play the first part of the game where your gear doesn't make much of a difference. Also, a lot of them are forced to give good reviews if they expect to ever get consideration for future game releases.
  16. Jun 20, 2012
    This game started out fun, but it quickly lost what little it had (1.03 patch) . It is definitely not a "proper" successor to Diablo 2, and after 10+ years in Dev, that is a HUGE problem. The RM/AH was the worst idea Blizzard has ever had, those "features" do not belong in an ARPG and neither do enrage timers. Diablo 3 is not suppose to be a wow clone. The horribly failed launch shouldThis game started out fun, but it quickly lost what little it had (1.03 patch) . It is definitely not a "proper" successor to Diablo 2, and after 10+ years in Dev, that is a HUGE problem. The RM/AH was the worst idea Blizzard has ever had, those "features" do not belong in an ARPG and neither do enrage timers. Diablo 3 is not suppose to be a wow clone. The horribly failed launch should have been a clear portent of things to come, I wish I for one had listened. Expand
  17. Jun 20, 2012
    Such a let down.... The game is interesting when you first play though the first difficulty but then once you beat all 4 and are the maximum level (only 60) in a matter of 3-4 days... there is nothing else to do except farm for items but there isn't a point to do that really! The first 3 difficulties are not very hard but then when you get to inferno its to hard... Some mobs are way toSuch a let down.... The game is interesting when you first play though the first difficulty but then once you beat all 4 and are the maximum level (only 60) in a matter of 3-4 days... there is nothing else to do except farm for items but there isn't a point to do that really! The first 3 difficulties are not very hard but then when you get to inferno its to hard... Some mobs are way to hard to beat in inferno. The game is unbalanced and has very very little re-playability like D2 had. Getting to level 60 in a few days is plain stupid... Now the repair cost are way over the top (27k) .. I could write a huge list of dislikes about this game but it does have potential IF and only if they fix the game. Out of 5 stars I would give it a 1 1/2 Very disappointed Expand
  18. Jun 20, 2012
    It is a Diablo game where after normal mode all of the loot that drops is terrible and the only way to progress is to buy a gear set in the Auction House for hell and inferno. Heck I would buy new gear in the auction house every 20 lvls or so and be completely overpowered until I hit inferno act 2.

What is the point of a dungeon crawler when you don't get any gear out of it. They want to make everything so rare that people will be tempted to spend real money on items. A complete scam......
  19. Jun 21, 2012
    Shame on you Blizzard for a "money hungry" game concept/design in a struggling "real world" economy.

I refuse to sit in a dead-end game and farm countless hours of nothing. I also refuse to be frustrated and pressured into spending my time in the auction house with gold I can barely make in order to marginally gear my characters. I waited for patch 1.03 in hopes that would fix WoWablo's woes but Blizzard just dumped another load of garbage onto my lawn.

Too bad people had to pay money in order to find out they will have to pay more money. Sure there's no monthly subscription fee but the RMAH is there to make up for that. Lesson learned, I will never purchase another Blizzard product or Blizzard affiliated product. After having played WoW since it's inception I'm done with that too. Too bad I can't cancel my Battle-NET account outright. But until that time comes, not playing will suffice.
  20. Jun 21, 2012
    If you're not playing the game the way Blizzard WANTS you to play, you will be punished. If you don't use RMAH, they will find a way to make you use it. Players are forced to abide Blizzard's wacky philosophy of "fun", which is subjected to change at any second as they please. Not to mention various performance issues with PC and Mac, you will not be able to get a decent(50+ FPS)If you're not playing the game the way Blizzard WANTS you to play, you will be punished. If you don't use RMAH, they will find a way to make you use it. Players are forced to abide Blizzard's wacky philosophy of "fun", which is subjected to change at any second as they please. Not to mention various performance issues with PC and Mac, you will not be able to get a decent(50+ FPS) performance with a $3000 rig. Waste of time and money, greatest disappointment and failure in the 21st century. Expand
  21. Jun 21, 2012
    I bought this game because he was remarkable in the past, and today has a similar effect, worth in the past he scored positively, bringing news and entertainment, today is just so much frustration of waiting for a game that is based on the auction house with real money
  22. Jun 21, 2012
    TL;DR: This game was released unfinished. It still is. Inexcusable. 4/10.

The story is entirely too predictable, it isn't creative; it feels rushed and is much too short. I expected to be dazzled with its direction and was bitterly disappointed - they had every opportunity to do more with it and well, they did not. DRM has a lot of arguments for it, but in this instance what it
    TL;DR: This game was released unfinished. It still is. Inexcusable. 4/10.

DRM has a lot of arguments for it, but in this instance what it prominently serves to do is deter the experience, and this is especially punishing when considering a single player. Understandably there were server outages on release and that's to be expected but the game still suffers from frequent downtime (this mostly from game breaking bugs/exploits that Blizzard attempts to rectify). Lag spikes are frequent, and the problems seem to be server side. Getting anything lower than 200ms could be classed as a miracle, so expect to frequently die from something that 'did not' reach or hit you.

Class balance is tragic. As a direct result the norm seems to be to continually creep massive unannounced nerfs into the game. Most nerfs are warranted, but there is no excuse for silently releasing changes into the game when it effectively neuters a hardcore player
  23. Jun 22, 2012
    Aaah, Diablo... Whatever this is, it ain't diablo. If blizzard would still care about what it's customers want from a game i'd remind them of the following self-evident things : 1) These things do NOT belong in an ARPG : - Cooldown timers on skills - Enrage timers on monsters - A limit on the number of skills that can be used equal to the number of available slots of an action bar -Aaah, Diablo... Whatever this is, it ain't diablo. If blizzard would still care about what it's customers want from a game i'd remind them of the following self-evident things : 1) These things do NOT belong in an ARPG : - Cooldown timers on skills - Enrage timers on monsters - A limit on the number of skills that can be used equal to the number of available slots of an action bar - Frustating progression based gameplay with constant gear-checks and lots of kiting - A constant stream of badly animated cutscenes that can't be auto-skipped - Bland itemization by using an MMO-like stat system and basing damage output on weapon base damage - A RMAH to which players are forced in various ways to find the gear upgrades necessary to progress in-game in any reasonable amount of time - Lack of a singleplayer as well as a LAN-play option. And on top of all that 2) These things do NOT belong in a Diablo game : - Colourful "happy sunshine" graphics - A ridiculously stupid story - The death of Deckard Cain - Tons of breakable objects with NO purpose whatsoever. The Diablo franchise has forever been ruined. The only things done right are the sound effects and the basic gameplay, which should be and still is the most important, but it just doesn't cut it, sadly enough... Congratulations Blizzard, you achieved the unimaginable. Rip Blizzard North. Back to LOD for me. Expand
  24. Jun 22, 2012
    I just made an account to write a review. I want to know who these critics are and how they review a product. Yes, the game was fun the first time played. Then I realized it was not the game I anticipated all these years. I'm kind of mad at the new "Blizzard" trying to force us to play the way they want to profit from RMAH which the game should've been titled instead. If you have notI just made an account to write a review. I want to know who these critics are and how they review a product. Yes, the game was fun the first time played. Then I realized it was not the game I anticipated all these years. I'm kind of mad at the new "Blizzard" trying to force us to play the way they want to profit from RMAH which the game should've been titled instead. If you have not bought the game yet and in spite of all these negative reviews from the actual users (and not the "CRITICS" ), and you still want to give it a try.. Go ahead. You'll have fun for a few days. Then you'll probably come back here and leave a review like this one. Game itself is ok if you have never played Diablo series before. But once you reach the cap level, you'll know what I'm talking about. Don't waste your money on RMAH, I mean Diablo 3. Basically, the samething in my opinion whatever you call it. Expand
  25. Jun 22, 2012
    This game just isn't much fun. These are the core ways that it fails. 1. The rune system was a good idea in theory but there are a huge number of entirely useless skills and in most cases the runes only make subtle differences. This has lead to most builds of each class being very similar. 2. Loot is boring. Very few of the item properties are fun or interesting and all classes end upThis game just isn't much fun. These are the core ways that it fails. 1. The rune system was a good idea in theory but there are a huge number of entirely useless skills and in most cases the runes only make subtle differences. This has lead to most builds of each class being very similar. 2. Loot is boring. Very few of the item properties are fun or interesting and all classes end up maxing almost the same stats. Loot is too random you can't plan a build around specific set and unique equipment. Also because the loot is so random drops feel pointless hardly even worth picking up. As a result the only real useful thing is gold which is very boring to farm. 3. The game is less social than D2. There are far less communal skills and the game rewards playing solo. Having to join a random game is !@#$ty with no idea what the goals of the players in the game are. And the scaling sucks, a character gets more powerful too quickly so you can only play with friends very close to the same level.

4. The forced quest structure kills the causal re-playablity, the story is fun the first play through but I want to be able to jump around and do what I want, when I want. 5. The game is hard in all the wrong ways. I think D2 hell was harder and more fun than D3 inferno. ONE HIT KILLS ARE NOT FUN. Because of issue 4 and the scale issues replaying areas while you get stronger is just not fun. 6. Some of the basic game mechanics are just broken primarily crafting but other things too.
  26. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo III has lost a lot of the "Diablo" feel that many veteran fans once enjoyed. I'll refrain from spoiling the plot, but it certainly isn't what many fans desire. The gameplay certainly isn't terrible, but it isn't very entertaining either. Early on, you are unlocking your skills and slowly becoming stronger. However, by the end game, you are suffering against hordes of demons,Diablo III has lost a lot of the "Diablo" feel that many veteran fans once enjoyed. I'll refrain from spoiling the plot, but it certainly isn't what many fans desire. The gameplay certainly isn't terrible, but it isn't very entertaining either. Early on, you are unlocking your skills and slowly becoming stronger. However, by the end game, you are suffering against hordes of demons, some of which are just completely unfair and overpowered and make you feel like even attempting to fight them is a waste of time.

Farming items or gold is constantly being tweaked by Blizzard, due to their inclusion of both an in game Auction House (a place to sell your items for in game currency, or buy items for said currency) and a Real Money Auction House (RMAH for short; a place to sell your items for either Blizzard's online currency, or real, actual money, or vice versa).

The inclusion of either auction house is met with mixed reviews, but it truly detracts from the game experience. It is easy to feel like you *must* use one or both of the auction houses to be competitive at all in the hardest difficulty, and the economy fluctuates so much that the prices are (mostly) unrealistically high.

The atmosphere is no longer Gothic and frightening; instead, it is a lighter world, even in places that should be terrifying, such as a dank cave or a tower cellar. The graphics aren't bad by any means, but they certainly have room for improvement. The music and background effects are no longer as eerie, either, but more bland and just... kind of *there*.

There is no stat allocations at all; you receive stats automatically leveling up. This does make having the "optimal" character easier, but it also detracts from customization, something that many people hold as important. The skill system is also very bland; while each class has many skills, with many ways to enhance those skills, the harder difficulties make it nearly impossible to use the skills which you want to use. The goal of this system was to avoid having one or two "optimal" builds, but the game itself is unplayable on harder difficulties if you attempt the majority of builds.

The game itself is only available for play online. That means that players are subject to server crashes, server lag, and at the mercy of the servers being up to even play the game. When server maintenance occurs, players must wait hours until it is complete.

Along with the game only being online, Blizzard is constantly tinkering and tweaking the way skills, items, monsters, and even item drops work. This is under the pretense of "maintaining a balanced game". However, many players (myself included) want to play the game OUR way, not THEIR way. For example, there was a particular method to effectively collect gold (and items, to a point) which involved going to a certain location and smashing ungodly amounts of pots. Recently, Blizzard nerfed the pots entirely, making them occasionally drop mundane amounts of gold and NEVER drop items. This is just one of the many "exploits" that they have chosen to nerf, because it goes against they way THEY wish for you to play the game. One player described this effect incredibly well:
    "It's like playing a game, and then having your older brother rip the controller out of your hand and saying 'hold on, you aren't doing it right!'"

Now, the game isn't ALL bad. On normal you feel like a demi-god, tearing through minions and growing stronger. Each character offers different skills and different resources (which some players enjoy, and others dislike), making the replay factor slightly good. However, it's predecessor accomplishes this to a much greater degree. All in all, Diablo III is a game that comes on strong, but quickly becomes repetitive and boring. Is the game worth playing? Maybe. Is the game worth $60 new? Not in a million years.
  27. Jun 25, 2012
    Could have been great... but... the lag even when playing single player just ruins the experience. The lag is hit and miss, comes and goes at random. Nothing like getting killed by lag, and the annoying rubber-band slingshot effect. Blizz seems determined to blame the community rather than their servers. I play a lot of online games, from WOW to TF2 and hardly ever have any lag on my 25Could have been great... but... the lag even when playing single player just ruins the experience. The lag is hit and miss, comes and goes at random. Nothing like getting killed by lag, and the annoying rubber-band slingshot effect. Blizz seems determined to blame the community rather than their servers. I play a lot of online games, from WOW to TF2 and hardly ever have any lag on my 25 meg connection... but in Diablo 3 it is just a frustrating fact that you have to endure. Without the lag I would give the game a solid 8, but with the lag... a 3 at best. Diablo 3 will be the last Blizz game I ever purchase. I have been a loyal customer since Warcraft 2 and have spent hundreds of dollars on their games. Too bad... their loss. Expand
  28. Jun 26, 2012
    Maybe after Diablo 2 we expected quiete too much, but even without D3 would be nothing special. Why did D2 had a large community of active players ? Right, because it was close to perfection.
    Why it was decided to change the gameplay nearly from scratch is beyond my imagination... all they had to do was to polish graphics, add a new story and thats it.
    Instead, they kept the worst things
    Instead, they kept the worst things (harcore-mode was complained more than once about... why not giving 3 lives to the char to compensate the occasional "connection-lost" with mabye 1 extra live once for each difficulty level finished ?), removed to best (characters, that were really different to play, but all with their respective strenght... now sorcerer and demon hunter nearly feel the same, as do barbarian and monk) , added more annoyances (how can sometimes champions be more dangerous than the according boss of the act?).
    Though, the worst thing... building your char is now only a matter of time. Even the most stupid player will soon reach the level cap of 60, for there are nor more penalties for dying. And with time (or simply with money) he will also get a good gear... Great idea, no need for intelligence, self-control or caution anymore.
    In a nutshell, D3 is a disgrace to the Diablo-series, an insult to serious gamers and the worst Blizzard game ever.
  29. Jun 27, 2012
    $60 for the game... man, my wish for this year xmas would be to get a refund for it... lol, jk
    If you were a Diablo 1/2 fan, and loved all the rises and falls of Diablo... Diablo 3 is probably not for you... Do not expect Diablo 3 to be the same as Diablo 1/2... the only similiarity I found between D3 and D2 was that I had to click with a mouse to move around (obviously Im omiting quite a lot. For that, my apologies to you diehard Diablo fans out there)...
    If you haven't played Diablo series before and just wanted to check out what all the fuse was about... well, if you could endure the connection issues... and also feel like over spending on a game... go for it.
  30. Jun 27, 2012
    Gameplay wise, it seems like a step down from Diablo 2. The early game is fun for a while. I liked the colorful and painterly graphics and thought the art was the best part of the game. However, I've played $5 iPod games with more depth than Diablo 3's endgame which consists just of grinding for gold so you can purchase incrementally better items off the Auction House. High frequency ofGameplay wise, it seems like a step down from Diablo 2. The early game is fun for a while. I liked the colorful and painterly graphics and thought the art was the best part of the game. However, I've played $5 iPod games with more depth than Diablo 3's endgame which consists just of grinding for gold so you can purchase incrementally better items off the Auction House. High frequency of breaking changes in the patches coming from Blizzard indicates they didn't have time to adequately design the gameplay. High cost in order to purchase a "license" to play the game and no way to back up your characters offline. As there is not much variety in the multiple playthroughs due to the lack of procedural dungeons and the game is missing prominent features from the last one like PvP and crafting, it's not clear what they expect you to do when your character is fully geared up. From an objective standpoint it really doesn't seem remotely related to the last 2 games and it really feels like Activision/Blizzard preying on a loyal fanbase with an unfinished and cynical cash grab. Expand
  31. Jun 30, 2012
    D3 is a fail. That's it. Playing D2 was a charm, but when you play D3 you can't throw away a strong feeling that it's just a brand exploiting for bringing more money and have nothing in common with a game and pleasure at all. Always online DRM, pay your money and play as we say you to play or get banned with no comments, servers are down
  32. Jun 30, 2012
    I've been holding off my review till I got to Act 2 in Inferno as I felt making a judgement before that point would be rushed and "unfair'.

Difficulty-wise the curve is unreal. Normal is much too easy, Nightmare is slightly harder, Hell gets difficult around Act 3, and then Inferno is just a giant brick wall of pain. This may sound good to you, but it really isn't. The ridiculous

The ridiculous amount of stats that can be rolled on items and the fact that even legendaries (while being worse than rares) also have many randomly rolled stats (not just random ranges, completely random stat assignments) makes for a very disjointed experience. I found myself using less and less of the drops I was getting and selling more and more of them the further I went in the game.

My first introduction into Inferno was endless pain and it has never stopped. I had to immediately stop playing my Monk the way I wanted to and build completely defensive just to even stand a chance. Even with 60% damage reduction I was getting killed in 3 and 4 hits by some elite packs so I had to go even further. With my reduction up to 75% and my resistances all at 40% or higher I was finally able to clear Inferno Act 1. Taking my triumph in stride I rolled into Act 2 and was greeted with another mindless gear check stream of deaths.

In order to pass Act 1 Inferno I was also forced to use the Auction house system. While a neat sounding idea on the surface, the actual inclusion of the auction house is the single worst thing they have done to the Diablo franchise. The bots and farmers have already made prices on generic items so low that it is incredibly difficult to sell anything you find for a decent profit while at the same time they all have so much gold lying around that the truly good items are 10's of millions of gold each for single items. The prices are just ludicrous and this is after Blizzard's banning of "thousands of botting/cheating accounts."

All in all this game is in a sad state and it would need vast changes to become a fun game again. The designers don't seem to understand that we don't all want to play the game their way and that what they consider fun isn't necessarily what the rest of us consider fun. And instead of making experimentation and differences the norm, they force everyone into a singular playstyle in order to progress.

So ultimately if you like min/maxing, farming hours on hours for gold in order to buy the perfectly rolled item to make you kill things 0.1% faster then this game is for you. If you like fun, look elsewhere.
  33. Jul 1, 2012
    I'm not going into great detail about why I don't like this game because its all been said. But having to log in to play is just sad. I don't know what Blizzard was thinking. This game should not be mentioned in the same breath as Diablo 1 & 2
  34. Jul 2, 2012
    Waste of money. The game is absolutely uninspiring after you reach lvl 60, its just one huge grindfest with no purpose, no variation or anything else, This game is one giant mistake, not something you would expect from Blizzard. Way under usual Blizzard-quality.
  35. Jul 2, 2012
    Ridiculously terrible storyline and narrative, terrible DRM, huge downtimes, disconnecting problems etc. Short campaign stacked up 4 times simply with higher numbers on the creep dps. Huge disappointment.
  36. Jul 4, 2012
    After 100+ hours game play and 3x lvl 60s, I have to say that this is the only game I have ever asked the Blizzard fan-wagon to pull over so I could just get the f*ck off and get on with my gaming life. It's basically Diablo II minus THE EVERYTHING that was fun or enjoyable about the franchise. And the real burn, the real crushing hurt that sets in after about 100+ hours of game play isAfter 100+ hours game play and 3x lvl 60s, I have to say that this is the only game I have ever asked the Blizzard fan-wagon to pull over so I could just get the f*ck off and get on with my gaming life. It's basically Diablo II minus THE EVERYTHING that was fun or enjoyable about the franchise. And the real burn, the real crushing hurt that sets in after about 100+ hours of game play is that you begin to understand just how bad it really is. . . that there is no way to realistically hope that subsequent patches can really "fix" what is really at the crux of existing contentions about this turd of a game in disguise: underwhelming, poor game re-design.

Patching this game = putting lipstick on a zombie pig.

I should also note that as my anticipation grew in the two weeks prior to Diablo III launch--I'm a real big Diablo fan or at least I used to be :(-- I hooked up my old Sony aperture grill Trintron CRT and played through Diablo I & II both to Hell difficulty levels. That experience was by far more rewarding and fun by at least an order of magnitude than the subsequent month I have given Diablo III. TRUE STORY.
  37. Jul 4, 2012
    Story: terrible.. gameplay: somewhat terrible.. Sounds: SOOO horrible.. enjoyment: none... It such a boring game!! I cant believe I bought this becs it has a DIABLO name on it.. and I cant belive Decard Cain was killed by a butterfly.. this game is so linear, no randomization, and FORCE you to use AH/RMAH to progress becs the loots are also damn boring.. Blizzard didnt care about the fans,Story: terrible.. gameplay: somewhat terrible.. Sounds: SOOO horrible.. enjoyment: none... It such a boring game!! I cant believe I bought this becs it has a DIABLO name on it.. and I cant belive Decard Cain was killed by a butterfly.. this game is so linear, no randomization, and FORCE you to use AH/RMAH to progress becs the loots are also damn boring.. Blizzard didnt care about the fans, they only want our money. Expand
  38. Jul 6, 2012
    I just pre-ordered TL2 ( or any other game would do )today as i was frustrated with D3 and hoping TL2 can wash the D3 memory from my brain.

First of all, There is almost zero creativity and troubleshooting with your characters ( things that made D2 the best game of all time in its genre ), and what makes it worse, Blizzvision is usually very FAST to NERFFFF the S*** out of heroes' Builds/skill set or even item affixes (eg:IAS) that allow players to almost faceroll inferno. I am quite confident that the MAIN reason blizzvision nerfes(or they say, Patches) the exploits of the system ( which is funnily their developers thought already balanced on 15 May) is to make sure the MAJORITY of the players play the F***ing game the WAY developers WANT them to play, which is obviously very gear dependent (for solo) and similar to WoW ( eg: melee tanks, range dpsing from behind). In other words MORE RMAH SHOPPING! more $$ milking!. With D2, I didn't know the terms of tanking, dps, or support role. those terms I learned from WOW!

secondly why this game is a tremendous utter failure is the loot/gears mechanic. ZERO creativity and with very bland Flavor. Leave almost no room for future gear improvement, sh**tty legendaries and yet the developers claimed it would be the biggest Diablo ever ( yea dream on ). only 3 most important stats that people can look for in D3 in terms of gear, the primary STR/DEX/ INT, VITALITY, and ALL RES (+optional 1 individual RES). nothing else really matter. as for weapon and attack power, mainly concerns of the weapon DPS and stats, but very few interesting effects whatsoever (mainly critical dmg, AS, and LoH, the rest of the effects are next to useless).

I also Realized that the whole game is mainly to get you hooked and hypnotized you to be dependent on Auction house ( blizzvision makes you accustomed to Gold auction house first, then progress to us$ AH. I still remember that even the FIRST day i played D3 (May 17), I already had to rely on GAH in order to progress much more quickly and some friends who refused the idea, got left far far behind. Ridiculously, this whole AH idea, completely destroyed D3 other feature which is crafting ( even retards know that buying stuff in AH is faster, cheaper and more reliable than sh*ts haedrig makes )

Lastly, I have very little doubt that when pvp does come out later, there will be a huge patch and nerfs in order to balance up the horrid mess that developers had made. in order to mitigate this, I am quite sure that the developers will implement some quick fix like introducing pvp gear only, or nerfing pve dps gear, and so on and so on. and at the end of the day there is hardly any uniqueness in each characters, except gear progression ( sounds WoWisH?)
    it simply does not require much IQ to figure out that this scenario in the future will be full of WoWification ( way to go blizzvision, way to go!)

D3 is no fun at all, no fun, NONE,compared to D2 i played. in D2, i could enjoy even the first 15 minutes of play, much more gory, unexpected surprises, andariel spooked me, ( i laughed at butcher as he used the same 'fresh meat' phrase from dota /warcraft, and sadly uses the same hook skill ). I enjoyed exploring the stuff in D2, and it was hard even in normal difficulty at that time ( D3 normal mode is an insult to most players). When i played D3 I felt like I was working in a 2nd job. boring, tedious and very very repetitive, 80% of the map is fixed ). Blizzvision really did lie to customers in this map randomization feature.

then i reached a point where i was so bored, I deleted all characters i had (high/low level, including my baba) and uninstalled the game just to made my evening better after work.

After buying their two products and witnessing their current money milking business model, I can hardly trust any products from Blizzvision anymore in my life as they have proven themselves again and again as a company that only prioritizes money milking in order to afloat. too bad folks, this company will hardly reinvigorate our childhood memories.
  39. Jul 6, 2012
    Diablo III can only be described as a step (or many, rather) backwards from Diablo II. Twelve years after Diablo II's release, Diablo III fails in many ways. The story is banal, forgettable, and completely lacking. The graphics are not on par with many other modern releases. The game play becomes too repetitive, too quickly. The game has little to no re-playability. The always online DRMDiablo III can only be described as a step (or many, rather) backwards from Diablo II. Twelve years after Diablo II's release, Diablo III fails in many ways. The story is banal, forgettable, and completely lacking. The graphics are not on par with many other modern releases. The game play becomes too repetitive, too quickly. The game has little to no re-playability. The always online DRM makes for a laggy experience in single-player. It kept me entertained for less than two full playthroughs only thanks to my interest in other classes. The game is not worth $60 dollars. I would only recommend this game if it were worth less than $10. Save your money for something better. Expand
  40. Jul 9, 2012
    This game will keep you entertained for about 12-20 hours or after you beat the campaign on normal. When I first completed normal, I did not get any legendary or set items which was confusing, but I pressed on. Then nightmare mode, still nothing, no decent loot. I thought to myself "there will be better loot soon, I just know it". Still nothing while doing hell mode, at this point I wasThis game will keep you entertained for about 12-20 hours or after you beat the campaign on normal. When I first completed normal, I did not get any legendary or set items which was confusing, but I pressed on. Then nightmare mode, still nothing, no decent loot. I thought to myself "there will be better loot soon, I just know it". Still nothing while doing hell mode, at this point I was very frustrated, because I honestly wanted to play D3 for the loot. Finally in inferno mode I received one legendary after 80 hours of game play, and it was terrible. This confused me and I then realized after playing a little longer that this game is not going to give me the loot I desired and craved from past Diablo games. In summary if you are going to buy / play this game for hopes of progressing through the harder modes and finding legendary loot to make you feel powerful. This will not happen for you, rather you will fill disappointed and unsatisfied after long countless hours hoping for something fun and exciting to drop. If you want to play this game just to have a good time, I'm not sure the price tag can justify the fun you will have in this game. Expand
  41. Jul 17, 2012
    After playing Diablo 3 for several months heres my (somewhat biased, hey its blizz after all, who CAN remain neutral :)) review:

Gameplay: Unlike in earlier entries in the series you dont spend skill and stat points after leveling up, but gain some stats on a level up and obtain certain skills at a predetermined level (much like WoW... more on that later). This leaves you at level 60

Gameplay:

Unlike in earlier entries in the series you dont spend skill and stat points after leveling up, but gain some stats on a level up and obtain certain skills at a predetermined level (much like WoW... more on that later). This leaves you at level 60 with a great plethora of skills which can be further customized by adding certain runes to them (which also automatically unlock by leveling up).
    As much as is love the possibility to change your skills whenever and wherever you like, there is one major drawback in the actuall "endgame" (playing inferno act 3+). There is the vast choice on how to set up your skills, but on the other hand engame is currently punishing enough for you to not stray too far away from the 2-3 existing cookie cutter builds. (The last patch which highered repairing costs also made it a lot less appealing to "try" something out).
    The Combat itself however is as fun as always and seeing a horde of Fallen explode over half the screen with a massive crit still feels very satisfacory.

Itemization:

Yeah.... you may have hear/read alot by now about this one. Im not a big fan about the current itemization either.
    Usefull loot is a lot harder to come by this time around and close to impossible if your trying to play completely solo without the use of the AH. Why? Uniques this time do more often than not have random properties, which may not sound bad, if you factor in the viability for different classes. However, since even set items can have useless stat combinations on them and are not even competitive with items with the same iLV (ESPECIALLY Weapons), you really begin to wonder why blizzard even bothered adding them to the game.... it certainly doesnt feel as epic or rewarding if you happen to find a unique this time around, since they do NOT have unique traits like in D2, apart from being able to have stats on them which normally couldnt be on that particular slot (movement speed on breastplate for example). This wouldnt be so bad if there werent other ways to get viable items this time around. However, the possibilty to craft an item with to a degree predetermined stats (Horadrim Cube) has been replaced with gheed.... i mean a smith who is not only expensive but also will craft you totally random items which more than often tend to be rather useless. Even the popular runes from D2 with which you could craft specific items out of socketed items didnt make it into D3. Oh, did i mention there are only 4 gems instead of 7 in D2 now?

Story:

Yes, D3 features a story.... but not a good one. Where do i start....
    Remember the great evil speeches of Diablo and co. in earlier entries? No? Well, me neither, because there werent any. However, seeing how D3 tried to change this, i wish they hadn't. It certainly does feel like a sunday cartoon, when Diablo is telling me exactly where i should strike, boasting how i will never be able to win jadajada, and soon after tries to diminish my sucess by stating that it didnt matter after all if i closed hells gate etc... Even the mainplot isnt that great to begin with, since it is predictable (Act 2 !) and without a clear narrative.
    Saddly, the more interesting stories this time are reserved for your companions and especially to one crafter named shen.
    A cool addition this time are the varying (but only presented via speech) cutscenes which change depending on your class.

Music

Not much to say about this one, some tracks from act 1 sound quite nice, especially the towntheme. Apart from that, there isnt that much memorable music. Especially the boss battle themes are.... lets say lacking.
  42. Jul 17, 2012
    Very boring itemization compared to d2. The game is based on gear almost completely due to certain monster affixes. On the plus side the combat is very flashy and fun. I guess it's diablo somewhere deep down, but I certainly expected much more from blizzard. In my opinion this is a below average release which will last short while.
  43. Jul 26, 2012
    When I first played this game I thought it was quite interesting but after a couple hours later the game became quite repetitive. Although you get skills as you level but its sooo stupid that the characters have so little potential and quite limited. Blizzard should make alternative storylines as you approach different chapters in the game to increase replay. I was hoping that it couldWhen I first played this game I thought it was quite interesting but after a couple hours later the game became quite repetitive. Although you get skills as you level but its sooo stupid that the characters have so little potential and quite limited. Blizzard should make alternative storylines as you approach different chapters in the game to increase replay. I was hoping that it could give me some challenge but unfortunately it never happened. Expand
  44. Jul 26, 2012
    I hate doing this... I waited a decade for this game to come out. All Blizzard had to do is take D2, update the graphics, create new story and maps, NOT touch the mechanics, and release. I would have gladly played that D3 for another decade... but this... this I stopped playing after 1 month. True, in the grand scheme of gaming, this would make the game a success. Keeping a playerI hate doing this... I waited a decade for this game to come out. All Blizzard had to do is take D2, update the graphics, create new story and maps, NOT touch the mechanics, and release. I would have gladly played that D3 for another decade... but this... this I stopped playing after 1 month. True, in the grand scheme of gaming, this would make the game a success. Keeping a player playing for 100+ hours is great for an RPG, but not a Diablo game. I should have been able to count my hours played on this game up to the thousands if not ten thousands. Neither I, nor any of my friends are still playing this game. Expand
  45. Jul 30, 2012
    Diablo III will remain for me as a potential great game, but a complete fail in fact.
    Transformer's scenario seems good in comparison. I know this is an HnS, but why so bad? Visually correct, not ugly and not beautiful.
    Sound effects are great. Explosion, damages are really impressive. For the music
  46. Jul 30, 2012
    This game is a debacle, the obliged focus on the Auction House exponentially increased the effect of the early bugs & cheats, destroying the economy and the Game. The content is VERY limited for a license of such importance and 4 levels of difficulty add just to the "repetitive side" of it. Also, limiting the progress of the character so early kills the interest.
  47. Jul 31, 2012
    Pour ma part j'ai que 60 heures de jeu, je n'avais pas joué à Diablo 2, j'ai fait pas mal le no-life à une époque sur WOW, j'attendais D3 pour tester, je suis déçu.
    J'ai pas pris beaucoup de plaisirs à jouer à Diablo 3, le jeu est assez beau mais sans être incroyable, les cinématiques sont belles, l'histoire et pas très poussée. Le gameplay c'est tu clicks, tu cours, tu clicks, tu cours.
    Il y'a peu de techniques de combat, et si tu veux avancer tu dois t'orrienter vers un Build pas forcément FUN à jouer.
    Je suis bloqué au début ACT4 inferno, j'ai fait environs 40 rushs sur le Boucher & Bellial qui ne m'amusent pas et ne m'ont rien apporté en loot. Et Farm HV ne m'amuse pas non plus. Je vais peut être tester des autres classes pour voir, mais refaire la même histoire, les mêmes quêtes linéaires ne m'enchante guère.

J'ai 32 ans et j'ai commencé à jouer aux jeux vidéos vers 3-4 ans, avec plus de 1'000 jeux sur l'Amiga 500 et ainsi de suite. Je trouve que le monde du jeu vidéo va mal, en tous cas les blockbusters (selon wiki : en anglais « qui fait exploser le quartier ») veulent au final rammasser que du
  48. Aug 21, 2012
    For a game that was 12 years in the making, it sure doesn't feel like it. No offline mode, numerous bugs, a heavily exploited economy and downright broken inferno mode make this a huge disappointment. And now the fiasco with the developers inability to take criticism as seen here: http://www.incgamers.com/2012/08/blizzard-react-angrily-to-incgamers-david-brevik-interview/ just solidifiesFor a game that was 12 years in the making, it sure doesn't feel like it. No offline mode, numerous bugs, a heavily exploited economy and downright broken inferno mode make this a huge disappointment. And now the fiasco with the developers inability to take criticism as seen here: http://www.incgamers.com/2012/08/blizzard-react-angrily-to-incgamers-david-brevik-interview/ just solidifies the state of the game. Expand
  49. Sep 4, 2012
    What a let down... After playing the first two iterations of Diablo, the entire world paused on bated breath for the release of Diablo 3. Blizzard released an incomplete game. They are using their customers as beta testers for a game that shouldn't have been released until it was actually finished.

First and foremost, it has been 4 months. The promised player vs player functionally is still missing. Where are the arenas and leader boards we were told of? Blizzard has put all their attention towards the Auction House, more specifically the Real Money Auction House (RMAH. More on this later). Any type of competitive play is now secondary. We have not been given any timeline or date to when this will be available.

Blizzard has strategically prepared the Auction House so players who can't find the right equipment for their character have a means to get such equipment. Since less than 1% of the equipment dropped from enemies is actually useful, you'll be using the Auction House for everything. Herein lies one of the fundamental problems of the game. Unless you are ridiculously lucky or willing to gold "farm" hours on end, you will be unable to pass the latter parts of the game. Of course Blizzard has a solution. Just enter your credit card number. For the reasonable fee of $250.00(USD) you can be the proud owner of a virtual weapon/armor that would normally drop 0.00001% of the time. Blizzard made sure one of first features to go online was the RMAH. They are more concerned with lining their pockets than actually making a game that is playable.

Another major flaw in the game is that there truly is no point to play the game. There is absolutely no end-game. Aside from hours of repetitive gold farming or hoping for that one in a million item drop, there is nothing to do. They could have implemented some type of endless dungeon, added some leader boards (total game time to pass Inferno), provided some type of player vs player or a boss rush mode.
  50. Sep 6, 2012
    I think any veteran diablo 2 player will spit this game out. It's hardly worth being called diablo in the first place. The story was bad, cain dying was bad. The game simply isn't rewarding at all. Overall the game feels like you being a chinese farmer. I played diablo 2 for years i stopped playing this game after 2 weeks. The fact that you can't go through every act in a single game makesI think any veteran diablo 2 player will spit this game out. It's hardly worth being called diablo in the first place. The story was bad, cain dying was bad. The game simply isn't rewarding at all. Overall the game feels like you being a chinese farmer. I played diablo 2 for years i stopped playing this game after 2 weeks. The fact that you can't go through every act in a single game makes the world very small. The AH completely ruins the game. All my friends have quit diablo 3 cause it feels like hitting a brick wall. I don't understand the buffs and nerfs to all the classes. This is not wow it's ok to be godly. then again perhaps blizzard got some plans for PVP like arena in wow (ruining the game even more) Expand
  51. Sep 17, 2012
    So I like the general art style, the rework of some of the more tedious game mechanics like clicking to pick up gold/restocking on potions, the idea of the blacksmith/artisan, and drops unique to the player. The in-game cinematics were new for the series and had potential. However, the art still feels too cartoony and outdated. Even from the initial screenshots they released years ago ISo I like the general art style, the rework of some of the more tedious game mechanics like clicking to pick up gold/restocking on potions, the idea of the blacksmith/artisan, and drops unique to the player. The in-game cinematics were new for the series and had potential. However, the art still feels too cartoony and outdated. Even from the initial screenshots they released years ago I was disappointed, but perhaps the transition from sprites to 3D actually lost some of what I liked about the style.

Some game mechanics were oversimplified and the "advanced" option when it comes to picking skills was not explained and hidden away in the game options. I did like how the skills worked in advanced mode, probably one of the better ways to transition from a skill tree. However, once you get to Infernal difficulty you have to stick with the skillset you picked or lose the extra magic find gained from killing elites... so that pretty much ruined experimenting and the versatile skillset. As for town portal and identify scrolls, I dont think I really miss them much, though being forced to kill monsters to get a scroll to go back to town was kinda fun since it made you change your playstyle a bit, especially if you were out of potions.

When I started, I used the blacksmith to build equipment that was better then what I found... however I soon realized it was a waste of money, it was cheaper to just buy stuff on the auction house. The stat rolls are random, so you would potentially have to build several pieces through the blacksmith before getting one that applied to your character, so instead you just picked what you wanted the stats to be on the auction house. And as for the auction house... I have somewhat mixed feelings on it. It seems like yet another thing they changed where it is convenient, but actually removes some of the fun and challenge. In diablo 2, you either went to trade games to show people your items, spammed trade channels, traded with people in the game you were in, or just played more to find items. Some may think that was tedious, but I think it encouraged players to start a new class for the items they found. Also, the real money auction house just makes it all seem like a ploy to get micro-transactions.

The in-game cinematics, although a step above what diablo 2 did in some ways, they were horrible in visual quality, dialog, and did little for character development. Also, if you play with others online, people just skip them... I still am not sure if I have seem them all. Not to mention horrible bosses like the butterfly Magdah and predictable Zoltun Kulle. Also, the bosses taunting you and saying how insignificant you are while u are on the way to them destroying their stuff is dumb, and seems only like a play to the younger audience.

The random map generation in diablo 2 was also a big feature lost in diablo 3... perhaps it is technically difficult to accomplish, but is a big win when it comes to re-playability.

Also, many people I know didn't play all the way to inferno... I think that is because they should have removed normal or nightmare difficulty and just stuck with 3. There really isn't much of a change from normal to nightmare and it just turns away people that are already bored with the ease of normal difficulty.

And speaking of inferno, what a joke. The elites are just ridiculous. You either have ones that are relatively easy to kill or are impossible. Perhaps this wouldn't have been so annoying if there was a steady progression of difficulty, allowing you to adapt and change item and skill builds, but the damage from elemental stuff is just super spiky. Stand in fire for a second or get hit by a lazor turret (which doesn't fit into the diablo universe btw), you are dead from full hp. And perhaps the worst part is if you are fighting elites for too long they get an aura that drains your life more and more quickly while also dealing more damage. So if you go tank build with less damage you will die anyways... or your damage dealers will die while u sit there tickling the monsters.

I did play over 160 hours, but that is just a show of how much I wanted to like the game. So if you want to play something that starts fun (mostly because of nostalgia) and then gets boring, and then punishes you while your love for a genre of game slowly dies, then get this game. Otherwise, wait and hope for the next Diablo or a series of big patches.

**SPOILER**

Finally, whoever thought it was a good idea to kill off an iconic character to the series, should be fired. At the very least kill Cain off in a highly detailed cinematic... perhaps while he is killing Diablo himself. The only surprise in the story was Cain died to a butterfly... come on!
  52. Sep 17, 2012
    El drop es el alma del juego, y en este diablo la cagaron, se jactan de hacer mejoras que a nadie les importa, lo unico que quieren hacer es llenarse los bolsillos de plata, son unos sinverguenzas
  53. Sep 18, 2012
    Diablo 3: A Soulless Soul .

The last game I really played was D2.This was as a student and I felt like (now I am a grown up" adult) I could relive a part of that magical experience again, with the D3 release. Now several months later after the release and many hours it is V E R D I C T T I M E: . I REALLY REALLY TRIED to like it, but Diablo is no more......... I feel
    Diablo 3: A Soulless Soul .

I could relive a part of that magical experience again, with the D3 release.

I feel very bad for my characters, but they ARE Oversimplified ANDROIDS and they LIVE in a COMIC WORLD for 6 year OLDS that is based upon the Auction House MONEY Engine . I wish my Windforce Ama and my Vengeance Diablo Clone killer PALA could express to Blizzard how SAD they are.........
    how their offspring transmutated into this macTasteless de la Soulless Console Soup..... One good thing: Ninja Looting is no more. But they forgot how to make a good thing even better: shared loot should be an option that could be turned on... I'm crying now because It feels like an era of great gamedesign (D2, Baldurs Gate2 & Fallout 2 FTW) is gone forever...
  54. Sep 20, 2012
    I give this game a one because of the always on DRM and having to be online all the time. My problem with this is because I work in afghanistan and before here in Iraq since 2008. The internet here is horrible (depending on where your at) but overall it is unreliable and very slow. I like to play my games offline with singleplayer, but because of this issue of always being online i amI give this game a one because of the always on DRM and having to be online all the time. My problem with this is because I work in afghanistan and before here in Iraq since 2008. The internet here is horrible (depending on where your at) but overall it is unreliable and very slow. I like to play my games offline with singleplayer, but because of this issue of always being online i am unable to play. I tried it once, but it was so laggy when i was playing by myself i could not continue. Due to this terrible experience i have to say that, though Diablo 3 may be great, i am unable to determine because of the constant internet connection requirement. Please do not forget about the people over here, we love to play games too! Expand
  55. Sep 21, 2012
    Really doesn't feel worthy of the Diablo title. Just way too disappointing. Feels like yet another development pushed forward only because the developers knew it would rake in the dough almost as much as a new cod game. The creativity and feel of adventure is gone in place of a cheap thrill that wasn't even at all cheap. I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player... ItReally doesn't feel worthy of the Diablo title. Just way too disappointing. Feels like yet another development pushed forward only because the developers knew it would rake in the dough almost as much as a new cod game. The creativity and feel of adventure is gone in place of a cheap thrill that wasn't even at all cheap. I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player... It is a sick joke... Give my money and wasted time back! Expand
  56. Sep 22, 2012
    Tell me the point of a loot based game with no loot? Oh yeah, there is no point. As such, Diablo III is a failure and no sane person should waste their time on it.
  57. Sep 22, 2012
    Compare to Diablo 2 this game is just a farm field for making cash, using the most boring skill system ever being released,doing over and over same annoying events and quests, listening the most boring and annoying Music. The only Act that really really makes sense to Diablo game is first, rest are boring and annoying, Act 4 was released with Rush, feels very empty and boring.
  58. Sep 22, 2012
    Weak game, no skills points, no permanent character choices, insane grinding required, very very very laggy even now in September. Just not a very fun game, still addictive in a way but not worth even a quarter of its cost, lucky I got mine as a gift :P
    The game would be ok with end game content (current none exists), less grinding required, less gold farmers ruining economy, not having to play through 4 times per char, a skills or talent system, a bit more difficulty (currently difficulty is an item check, no player skill required) and offline mode!!!
  59. Jan 17, 2013
    Hum, where to begin. Well, I guess the only real thing that ia appealing in this game is the graphics, which are excellent. But with that said, it is all down hill.

1. The always being connected on line things really sucks given the fact that the servers are often down for hours at a time which seem to be a common occurrence. I say "which seems to be" because I stopped playing a few weeks after it launched but still follow the forums. In any case, I don't like this trend anyways, especially when it effect the single player component which is central to diablo games as a whole. In fact this requirement is just plain silly when it comes to single player type games.

2. The pay to really play things is just horrible, especially when this game was not billed to be that sort of thing. I can never remember this being advertised. I'll tell you this much, if I had known it was going to be this, I wouldn't had bought it. The fact is I was deceived, and because of it, I won't be buying anymore of their games.

3. The newly announced pvp is going to get no love from blizzard. They, through their forums has stated such. They say it is more or less just a add on and don't really intend to do anything substantial with it. This of course leaves the game with no replay value whatsoever.

4. No build variety, enough said.

5. You can't find good loot unless you spend years grinding for it. This of course plays right into their hand, forcing you to buy from their action house because we all don't have years upon years to do this.

6. The game is not streamlined enough to even allow for proper grinding anyways, which is to say, you must play through the story over and over again, instead of just being able to jump from warp to warp point. This however is kind of a mute point considering you can't find good loot anyways.

With that said, I think I will wrap it up here. I do have one parting thought would like to share, and that is this game still has a lot of potential. That is if they would stop being so money grubbing and just created the game the way they should have from the start. Right now though it lacks so much, and in retrospect, because it does, I feel as if I have been totally ripped off. I paid 60 bucks and got nothing in return, which is what you are going to get if you buy this game. Buyer beware until the fix this game, and I really mean that.
  60. May 30, 2012
    I had very high expectations to this game (blame Diablo 2). I am in act 3, and so far, the game is a WoW clone. The game engine is probably a heavily modified WoW engine, since the menus, achivements, chat and graphics (water, occlusion, blur etc.) are the very same as they are in WoW. Not only is this a cheap trick, but a desecration of the unholy Diablo franchise. The skills are blatantI had very high expectations to this game (blame Diablo 2). I am in act 3, and so far, the game is a WoW clone. The game engine is probably a heavily modified WoW engine, since the menus, achivements, chat and graphics (water, occlusion, blur etc.) are the very same as they are in WoW. Not only is this a cheap trick, but a desecration of the unholy Diablo franchise. The skills are blatant and uninspiring. Every skill can be modified with a specific rune, adding some extra damage, knockback etc. The graphics are cratoon-inspired (surprise surprise...), which might be good for someone. To me, it is disgusting. I have played WoW, why should I play it again? The player models and textures are blurred and very low-tech, not something you expect of a game in 2012.

And so we come to the requirement of being online all the time... Well, someone likes it, but I do not. The reason I am writing this text right now is because I can't log into the game and it pisses me off. I payed money for something I cannot play whenever I want, even though it is defined as partially a "single player game". Ye right... I have friends who want the game but cannot buy it because they have very unstable net connection. Explains how much "thinking" Blizzards designers did.

All in all, this game should have been delayed for another 2-3 years and remade completely. I do not understand why they would choose to use a game engine that is soon to be 8-9 years old, and top it off with a stupid online requirement. Just separate the damn SINGLE and MULTI player parts of the game! Who cares if you have to make another char if you wanna play online? I certainly do not, and 90% of the people who play the game do not. You failed hard this time Blizzard, I have not even completed the game before I uninstalled it. I hope for your own right that you somehow pull the ace out of your sleeve and make this the way it has to be made, else you can expect to fire a lot of people in the upcoming year. Good luck, you will need it! :)
  61. May 30, 2012
    Overall a great game when you are able to play it. There have been huge problems with the games need to constantly have access to servers. It is pretty effective DRM to have many client side functions happen in blizzard backend, but as it is usually the case with DRM it also is a pain in the ass of legit customers.
  62. May 30, 2012
    Servers are down most of the time, I can't even play a solo game I bought !
    I really can't understand this s**t, why would I be required to be constantly connected to the net to play a solo game ?
  63. May 31, 2012
    Remember the thrill when you entered a new map in diablo 2 and were almost too scared to start exploring? Remember the diabolic, gothic atmosphere and the handmade artwork of Diablo 1? Remember the music? Remember how you could backup your saved games and continue playing when you were offline at the cottage?

Well, if you are expecting more of this in Diablo 3, you will be disappointed.

Well, if you are expecting more of this in Diablo 3, you will be disappointed. Diablo 3 is highly polished but boring. If this is the first game you ever play in this genre, you might like it, but if you have played games for the last 10 or 15 years, you should stay away.

First of all, you have the horrible always-online DRM and an overly stiff price. It is hard to imagine that a company can get away with this, but they have probably calculated that people will buy the game anyway after waiting for 12 years.

So, about the actual playing; this game is way too easy to give you some real challenge and excitement. You can almost play it half asleep. I donâ
  64. May 31, 2012
    I have to buy one more licence even if my brother has bought the game. I have bought games for years and I and my bro always played them with different account or saves. Now I should pay 118â
  65. May 31, 2012
    I purchased this game have had one 8 hour period playing it and a single 1 hour period of playing every other time I've tried to log in there has been one of a plethora of errors shown to me, the infrastructure is inept and so are the people behind the game, if you buy this game expect to be level 100 at typing in your password and clicking "Login" and nothing else.
  66. May 31, 2012
    Disappointing... They have spent a very long time working on this title, and this is what they have to show for it? The servers are often down with sudden "scheduled" maintenance times. PvP will not be released for months, the auction house is not finished, etc. However, the worst part of it all is that I no longer have a single player option. I was very annoyed when Starcraft 2 requiredDisappointing... They have spent a very long time working on this title, and this is what they have to show for it? The servers are often down with sudden "scheduled" maintenance times. PvP will not be released for months, the auction house is not finished, etc. However, the worst part of it all is that I no longer have a single player option. I was very annoyed when Starcraft 2 required me to be online every so often to validate single player. However, in practice it never affected me and I was able to enjoy the game. Diablo 3 does not even have this lame option. The player has no offline gameplay mode. Blizzard has found a way to introduce lag and their server problems into single player games, way to go Blizzard! The game feels like it has a lot of potential. It would appear to me that they have the engine and a campaign finished, and now need to flesh out much more of the world. I would like to see more done with the item system and the drop rates. The item system feels boring, especially gems, which are the only item I know of that you can put into a socket. The drop rate currently does not feel rewarding. Killing bosses on everything but inferno feels a bit disappointing, I always feel as if I am not rewarded for killing the boss. Heck, even a lot of gold would feel more rewarding.

I feel as if the current battle.net system takes away any sense of community. This is probably just my take, but I find it harder to participate with other users socially using the Diablo 3 system, when compared to other games. It is a personal preference I'm sure, but it bothers me and might you.

The story felt like a bad comic book, but Diablo 3 was never about the story. The lore was more interesting and I felt as if this was handled well.

I do not understand everyone complaining about the colors in the game. I felt as if everything looked nice. Yes, I was a little disappointed with the graphics when I saw the game. Given the many years this has been worked on, I expected stunning graphics, instead I felt like I was rewarded with modern day Diablo 2 graphics. Not a big deal to me, things do not look bad, I just expected more given the long development times.

The constant server problems are inexcusable. They had plenty of time to look into and test this. It is even worse when we consider the fact that we have no other option, when Blizzard cant get their crappy servers running, we all pay. We even payed Blizzard for this privilege.

I was going to purchase copies for the kids to play with me. Given the state of the game, I can not justify the expense. I will wait until the price is cheaper and the quality of the game improves. I wish I would have waited on my own copy...
  67. May 31, 2012
    This game got 2 things right. 1. The combat feels good 2. The graphics are fantastic. Everything else is wrong and a slap in the face to fans of the series. For a game that has for years been based around killing bosses and collecting loot it seems incredibly short sighted to make killing bosses tedious and to make the loot they drop worthless. The story is terrible, the characters 1This game got 2 things right. 1. The combat feels good 2. The graphics are fantastic. Everything else is wrong and a slap in the face to fans of the series. For a game that has for years been based around killing bosses and collecting loot it seems incredibly short sighted to make killing bosses tedious and to make the loot they drop worthless. The story is terrible, the characters 1 dimensional and cheesy, the game more linear than any I have ever played and the item system completely backwards. The result of these factors leaves you feeling quite depressed and has you reaching for the disk and a hammer. The difficulty curve is atrocious going from unfathomably easy to completely impossible not through interesting mechanics but through stat boosts so ridiculous you are forced to grind for an indefinite period of time OR head to the auction house where conveniently Blizzard will take a cut of the fee spent. Regardless of how good you are at the game these are your only 2 options, this does not seem as much of a challenge as it is a chore.

I feel I have been lied to about the randomisation of the game and "the events" that keep the game fresh. The randomisation is as minor as it could possibly be with all outdoor areas (which make up most of the game) the exact same every play through. The most advanced event I have come across so far has been "kill this person right in front of you" with the least advanced being carrying a potion 2 meters down a path to another character. These events are not fun they are insulting.

In the games current state I cannot recommend it to anyone. I am currently hoping that the game will be patched and fixed in the coming weeks otherwise the long wait for diablo 4 has begun. Blizzard you have let me down. (Oh yeah I forgot to mention it is impossible to log in even if you did want to play this diabolical)
  68. May 31, 2012
    error error error

we are doing the achievement "errors collectors - 100.000 errors of every type"
    we are doing the achievement "errors collectors - 1.00.000 errors of every type"
    we are doing the achievement "errors collectors - 10.000.000 errors of every type"
  69. May 31, 2012
    Errors, errors, errors and again errors. It's almost impossible to connect with the game server, there are several bugs, the story is terrible and the game-play... well... hard to say how it is, due to a load of latency and connection errors. Wanna play with a funny game? DON'T buy this one!
  70. May 31, 2012
    My "conclusions" after 100+ hours played.
    Big balance problems: normal, nightmare and hell are too easy while inferno is very hard.
    Not too hard, just too much difference with others acts.
    Service: sux like hell each day you have to "pray to play".
    Their objective was to gain moneys not to do a good game.
  71. May 31, 2012
    Welcome to the WOW generation Diablo. Gear is everything, market is everything, better you go to the AH and give your 15% to Blizzard. No attributes selection, respeccable skills, you are a dumb guy, aren't you? 4 for the MUSIC. The rest is crap.
  72. May 31, 2012
    [Italian Version]
    Dopo 12 anni di attesa per il sequel di Diablo2, finalmente eccolo qui.
    Volutamente evito la parte dell'installazione del gioco. Non sarei obiettivo. Entro nel gioco. Toh! Che grafica strana... uhm... non mi pare così "accattivante" come hanno decantato. Anzi... mi pare proprio un pò "vecchiotta". E pure i colori... sono un pò strani;
    [Italian Version]
    Dopo 12 anni di attesa per il sequel di Diablo2, finalmente eccolo qui.
    Volutamente evito la parte dell'installazione del gioco. Non sarei obiettivo.
    Entro nel gioco.
    Toh! Che grafica strana... uhm... non mi pare così "accattivante" come hanno decantato. Anzi... mi pare proprio un pò "vecchiotta". E pure i colori... sono un pò strani; troppo pastosi... troppo acquosi... troppo "pastello".
    Le classi sono "carine". Nulla di veramente eccezionale a dire il vero; si avverte molto la mancanza di classi come il necromante...
    -Dopo 10 ore di gioco-
    C'è qualcosa che non mi torna.
    Le abilità sono "strane". Nessuna veramente "figa"; sono tutte mediamente utili e sono tutte mediamente inutili.
    Anche l'equipaggiamento... è molto strano. Ho una sfortuna terribile e non trovo oggetti veramente utili. Anche in questo caso, l'equipaggiamento che si riesce a lootare dai mob/boss, è mediamente utile e mediamente inutile.
    -Dopo 60 ore di gioco-
    Sono ad "Inferno". Sono veramente all'inferno. Sto andando fuori di testa.
    Non c'è una logica nel potenziamento esponenziale degli incontri. I vari nemici acquistano poteri ed abilità in maniera assolutamente casuale. Se rifai 10 volte lo stesso Raro/Elite/Boss, per 10 volte userà sempre abilità diverse. Per non parlare che oltre alle proprie abilità "super potenziate" acquisisce anche abilità di altri Rari/Elite/Boss. E' un delirio. Il sistema è fatto per non essere superato.
    C'è un solo modo per finire "Inferno" fino a Diablo: evitare tutti i Rari/Elite sul percorso ed andare direttamente dal boss. Non vi è altra soluzione.
    Anche l'equipaggiamento è una scelta folle: il giocatore è OBBLIGATO a servirsi esclusivamente della Auction House. Anche qui non c'è altro modo. Non c'è modo di lootare equipaggiamento decente, neppure con lo stack del Valore dei Nefilim.

Per concludere: ci sono giochi che sono difficili in maniera furba, divertente; Diablo III è difficile in maniera idiota.
    In poche parole: arrivando verso la fine del quarto livello cresce a dismisura la sensazione di essere stati presi in giro; la sensazione di essere stati truffati.
    Finito Diablo ad "inferno" resta solo una cosa da fare: disinstallare il gioco e dimenticarsi di aver speso dei soldi per una simile porcheria.

[English Version]
    After 12 years of waiting for the sequel to Diablo 2, finally here it is.
    Deliberately I avoid the part of the installation of the game. I would not be objective.
    Later in the game.
    Toh! What a strange graphic ... uh ... I do not think so "attractive" as they praised. In fact ... I think just a little "antiquated". Yet the colors ... I'm a bit strange, too doughy ... too watery ... too "pastel".
    The classes are "cute". Nothing really great to be honest, there is much lack of classes like the necromancer ...
    -After 10 hours of play-
    There's something not quite right.
    Skills are "strange". Not really "cool" are all average earnings and average are all useless.
    Also the equipment ... is very strange. I have a terrible misfortune, and I find really useful objects. Also in this case, the equipment that are unable to loot from the mobs / boss, is on average useful and useless on average.
    -After 60 hours of play-
    They are to "Hell". I'm really in hell. I'm freaking out.
    There is no logic in the exponential expansion of the fightings. The various enemies gain powers and abilities in an absolutely random mode. If you redo the same 10 times Rare/Elite/Boss, 10 times more and will use different abilities. Not to mention that in addition to their "super enhanced" ability, they acquire even more Rare/Elite/ Boss abilities. It's a delirium. The system is made not to be exceeded.
    There is only one way to end "Inferno" to Diablo: avoid all Rare/Elite on the path and go directly to the boss. There is no other solution.
    Even the equipment is a foolish choice: the player is FORCED to use only the Auction House. Even here there is no other way. There is no way to loot decent gear, even with the stack of Value of the Nephilim.

To conclude: there are games that are hard in a smart, funny, mode; Diablo III is hard only in "retard idiot" mode.
    In a nutshell: if you come towards the end of the fourth level increases excessively the feeling of being cheated, the feeling of being cheated.
    Finished Diablo "hell" is just one thing to do: uninstall the game and forget about spending money on such crap.
  73. May 31, 2012
    The game is quite expensive for the limited content it offers. This, added to the required online connectivity to play, is largely my reason for the low score. Always online would have been a good thing had it been implemented properly, but it's been two weeks and we still get terrible lag while trying to play. Plus point for a casual gamer like me: the game has been simplified that itThe game is quite expensive for the limited content it offers. This, added to the required online connectivity to play, is largely my reason for the low score. Always online would have been a good thing had it been implemented properly, but it's been two weeks and we still get terrible lag while trying to play. Plus point for a casual gamer like me: the game has been simplified that it allows me to just log in and play without worrying if my stats are correct or not. However, it still doesn't make up for the overwhelmingly negative points mentioned above, aside from the boring graphics and uninspiring loot (for a loot game at that!). Expand
  74. May 31, 2012
    This game is a veritable ripoff:

The game-play is worsened even from previous games and definitely from more recent action rpg. In fact Diablo 3 isn't an action rpg, but it's a pitiful and blasphemous merge of Rogue (random dungeons, random loots, etc...) and Golden Axe (fixed characters, simple arcade combat, etc...) made with the graphics and the settings of Diablo 2, adding an Action
    This game is a veritable ripoff:

In fact Diablo 3 isn't an action rpg, but it's a pitiful and blasphemous merge of Rogue (random dungeons, random loots, etc...) and Golden Axe (fixed characters, simple arcade combat, etc...) made with the graphics and the settings of Diablo 2, adding an Action House taken from a MMORPG.

Moreover, while the game could be addictive notwithstanding in a foolish way if you take it for what it is (an arcade hack'n'slash with outdated concepts and graphics and no real creativity in it), Blizzard adds another weight to the scale:

The enforced online-only nature tied to Battle.net servers and the pitiful service offered by their servers.

For the game itself, the mark would be 5...the game is really bad for 2012 standards, but it's still addictive...however the problem is that is online-only, Blizzard is giving a crappy service with its servers and customer service and the main fun part (Auction House) is more often taken down and not working than working!

Given that even the most addicted customer would get sick quite quickly...

My suggestion is:

Don't buy.

You'll pay good cash for a mediocre game and the worst service you could think even in your nightmares. Moreover you'll not be able to play offline while Blizzard mess everything up with its demented Battle.net servers!!
  75. May 31, 2012
    I am gonna do an experiment. I am gonna take a monkey put her fingers on 1 2 3 4 Q and the other hand on the mouse, train her to click monsters to kill and watch out for the red globe not to become empty.
    Probably she will not have a chance on nightmare but at least on normal i think she will defeat the prime evil. And after that i must hide my credit card, who knows, Blizzard developed a new way to train monkeys to steal money from their parents. Damn 12 years for a short game and no way to create my character as i want to ,except items but for that i have to dig a lot in my wallet probably.
  76. May 31, 2012
    Company is only concerned about keeping you online so you will use there real-money auction house that they will gouge your earnings on. How bout not screwing people over without internet? The company is openly saying that they don't care about the gamers, just the profits.
  77. Jun 1, 2012
    I did a review, and a problem occur and i give mistankely 10 to Diablo ha ha ha ha. Impossible, i give 3 to this **** I try actualy to recover my money and i discuss with the support for the moment.
  78. Jun 2, 2012
    This is the worst game in the history of bad games. It crashes before the first questgiver each time i try. I have written Blizzard numerous times, and when they finaly reply it's with something like: "try updating your graphics driver" or "try running it in windowed mode". WTF... If that's the best they can come up with, no wonder the game is a disaster. I have a high end machine capableThis is the worst game in the history of bad games. It crashes before the first questgiver each time i try. I have written Blizzard numerous times, and when they finaly reply it's with something like: "try updating your graphics driver" or "try running it in windowed mode". WTF... If that's the best they can come up with, no wonder the game is a disaster. I have a high end machine capable of running games like BF3, Crysis, Skyrim at high settings. This might be where Blizzard and me part ways. R.I.P. Blizzard Expand
  79. Jun 2, 2012
    Others have summed it up very well, but here are my two cents:
    Not having played Diablo 1 or 2 ,I came to see what all the hype was about. Started the game and thought: "Hey this has a nice feel". But that lasted for about half an hour until you realize
    that it's one huge grind-fest without a well implemented plot/story. Sorry but this is pure boredom. Playing this game with friends that
    Others have summed it up very well, but here are my two cents:
    Playing this game with friends that were wearing nostalgia goggles was fun for an hour or two, but what is the point in this game? I know it's supposed to be all loot and story does not matter,but why loot anything in the first place? It's not like you can compete in PVP yet, and once that is released it can not possibly be fun as there are hardly any tactics. Even I, now a few days after launch have had many many problems. This is one buggy game. An example: Many people have to make another Windows account in order to log in for the first time after any updates. What to expect from this game: Boredom and even more of it. Go walk around in small maps and hover your mouse cursor over things until they die. Then pick up the "loot" and be happy your stats are now +1 when it does not matter at all to anyone including yourself once the nostalgia wears off. How is the combat refined? It is very slow paced and once you go past Act 1 your screen turns into clustered fireworks and keep pressing until the mobs have disappeared. Now people saying the opposite yell at me trying to convince me otherwise and say: Try playing a mage or witch-doctor. Really? It is not news to anyone that a mage is a glass-canon and should avoid melee attacks. You freeze them with a spell that has a cool down then walk away and shoot at them. That is your tactic through the entire game.
    Yes I am a little exaggerating to get my point across, but only a little.

The story sounds interesting, then again it is full of cliches and so badly done that you could not care less.
    I did not once feel motivated enough to care about any character or dialogue, even though I gave it my best and wanted to like this game because of my friends.

Besides that there is no feel of a community at all. Sure you can put items into the auction house but that is about it. Why bother making online a requirement?
  80. Jun 8, 2012
    I purchased the game on release day, and a second digital copy later that evening. I played up into Hell difficulty on my monk, and I feel I've waited long enough and given the game a fair enough chance to prove itself before reviewing it.

Overall, it has been a large disappointment. If I was rating the game on single-player merits, I'd say it's an above-average, almost good title with a 7.5 (or a 7.0 on the MC scale). The game play is fun, but the story is weak compared to the past entries in the series.

Unfortunately, it is not a single player game. It's an always online game. Even though Blizzard expects us to always be online while we're playing it, they apparently do not feel the need to have their servers available more than an average of about 18/7. That has gotten better in the last couple of weeks, but the launch was a bit of a joke and the 'maintenance' downtimes on a game that should be primarily single player are unacceptable. I'm approaching middle age now with a great job that happens to require a lot of responsibility and way more than forty hours per week devoted to it. I also have two small children. I have very limited playtime for a game and on many, many occasions when I actually found time to sit down and get a little play in the servers would be down. My wife experienced the same thing.

The reason the game is online only is because the endgame is the RMAH (Real money auction house). Seriously, your character never becomes powerful in the least, and you aren't able to customize your character to almost any degree. You're just a big naked Mr. or Ms. Potato head waiting to have leet geer plugged into you. The power is all determined by equipment with level restrictions, which is the only real reason I can see to level at all. "Well, that's all good and well, because Diablo has always been about items!" Yes, true, but decent items would actually drop for decent kills in past Diablos. The drop rate has been neutered a _lot_ in this game to try to force people into the auction house in order to field a character that can realistically hope to make it through Inferno difficulty.

Finally, battle.net is insecure. I've been using the internet for online banking, paypal, ebay, amazon 1 click purchases, credit card accounts etc. etc. the entire time and I've never had an account breached. Three weeks after the launch of D3 my account was breached and my items and gold stolen. This has been happening on a pretty massive scale.

And finally, the bnet community is asinine. I've seen some pretty bad communities form around games in the past, such as prounreal, but not on the scale as what you'll find on Blizzard's official forums. The behavior seems to be encouraged by the moderators, as well.

I bought D3 on blind faith because of Blizzard's past track record. I will not make that mistake again.
  81. Jun 9, 2012
    Im over 100 hours of pure playrime and I'll try to split it to +/- of the game so my overal score will show at the end. 1. Always Online: MINUS
    - total need of "be online" is extremly hassling that single players doesn't deserve.
    - server problems, lag and maintenances puts players into almost slavery side and gameplay itself suffers + chat with friends is sometimes fun as same as
    + chat with friends is sometimes fun as same as occasional co-op play

2. Graphics and Visual: PLUS
    - Everything is very colourfull so game looks like fairy tale
    - Unable to turn off smoke or water effects that consumes massive processing power.
    + Even on 6 year old machine the game runs smoothly with full details on lowest 16:9 resolution (maybe it could run smooth even on full HD resolution, but lot of processing power takes water and smoke effects)
    + Lot of items have different appearance if equiped + Areas change freguently
    + Ambient is dynamic

3. Sound and Music: MINUS
    - Music is very soft and sometimes too quiet
    - Music tracks are sometimes identical copy or very similar variations of previous Diablo 2 songs
    - Very unbalanced sound volume of different conversations
    - Conversations and chat with followers often speak over themselves so it became sound mess + Demonical voices have nice sound (Diablo itself should have more bass)
    + Hits, blows, swings and other sounds during combat are well dynamic

4. Interface: PLUS
    - There is no number for Health/Mana globes (only if you point on it)
    - Still flashing Inventory button / No flashing Skill button, if something new
    - Character statistics in Inventory
    + Buff / debuff icons appear if you are affected by something with clock type cooldown
    + Lots of new vital statistics like each type of regen, defense rates, offense boosters etc.
    + Clock type cooldowns on skill icons
    + Extended journal + Minimap

5. Character classes: MINUS
    - Missing true positive hero that fights for all mankind. I think that everybody do it, because he is forced, not because he trully want to do it.
    - Each class have restriction on some type of weapons
    - Characters use only skills when attacking, so you can wear whichever allowed weapon. It only affects your power. Visualy it is confusing to see for example Monk running with spear suddenly it appears on his back while he fights with hands only and than back again he hold spear after combat.
    - Witch Doctor is out of bounds
    - You cannot distribute attribute points anymore
    - Skill tree is no more. You only unlocks skills and their upgrades (runes). All is predefined so there is no choice to take another way. You can choose freely from all unlocked skills however at the end (level 60) you have always everything. This massivelly affects replayabiity in negative way.
    + You can choose male or female for each class

6. Enviroment and Locations: PLUS
    - Locations are smaller, there is bigger variety of them but after a few runs you find out that almost half is randomized. - Not all locations are well designed. Some of them will make you soon very plain and boring while some are very fussy.
    + Lot of objects can be destroyed whitch brings dynamic into play even if they don't drop anything.
    + You can use some enviroment like wall to crush onto enemies.
    + Enemies are not only standing on ground, but some of them are using enviroment to lurk. 7. Items: PLUS
    - You cannot equip followers with any armour (except shield)
    + Different appearance for each class
    + Crafting

8. Objects: MINUS
    - Some objects like urns, gates or monsters are very badly pointable so you sometimes click like crazy to activate/attack them while runing around it.
    - Items on floor can be picked while holding LMB and only pointing at them and that offten fills your bag with trash.
    + Usable objects are highlited when pointing on them.
    9. Monsters: MINUS - Lots of them are very speedy so it is very hard to "catch" them with mouse. - They are overall unbalanced. Some can kill you (on harder difficulty) with one shot, some are only standing and let kill themselves. - Some creatures just still run away what is very frustrating for close combat classes. + Elites act like they really need to kill you. 10. Story: MINUS - I caught myself a few times thinking if the are making fun of me? Tons and tons of predictable cliche. - Hollywood story + Epic cinematics that are NOT unfortunatelly replayed on higher difficulties. WHY??? It looks like the score is 6 MINUS and 4 PLUS Other things that should be spoted: - Treasure Goblins is funny challenge - Shielding and Invunerable Minions are most frustrating elite affixes - Online single player is weird and almost unacceptable - Auction House is unnecessary feature that furtunatelly can be ignored Even if my score is 4.0 the game brings me a lot of fun and I almost cannot stop playing it, but I'm affraid that as fast as it bring fun to me it will one day totally stop. Mainly because its' linearity brings almost no replayability. DIABLO 3 IS NOT RPG !!! It is rather hack'n'slash adventure...
  82. Jun 10, 2012
    Im very Angry at blizzard ONLINE ONLY????????? Single player game what in the world . Game itself is i dont know old at the beggining? and chats is only spam sell this sell this thx blizz
  83. Jun 10, 2012
    Great graphics but character building has been destroyed. Your character now lacks life and individuality, everything is so prescriptive. The lack of user control over strength, intelligence, vitality and dexterity just shows how users are treated with contempt. We are not worthy of building our own characters as have to accept what Blizzard dictates. Character development is like anGreat graphics but character building has been destroyed. Your character now lacks life and individuality, everything is so prescriptive. The lack of user control over strength, intelligence, vitality and dexterity just shows how users are treated with contempt. We are not worthy of building our own characters as have to accept what Blizzard dictates. Character development is like an in-flight movie on a plane trip. It makes me wonder why your character stats are even displayed - what for? its not like you can actually have a direct impact on it. Similarly the powers you develop lack depth. In diablo 2 there was an obvious sense of increasing character power through news skills and increased damage within them based on your choices. Now in diablo 3 we have runes becoming available that don't give any indication of increasing the amount of damage you can dish out - more that you always dish out the same damage just in a slightly different way.

They say they are working on PvP - again what for? Given the way diablo 3 character development works it will be "Diablo 3 wars - attack of the clones".
  84. Jun 10, 2012
    I've had fun playing this game, I'm sad to say that its because I haven't played a dungen Crawler since diablo 2.
    The game is very shallow compared to Diablo 2 and the alway on internet connection is frustrating
  85. Jun 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly, i'm not the type to write reviews, but on this occasion after YET another unannounced 'server update' other than checking the blizzard website, I actually created an account to write this. It is that bad.

As most reviewers here would know, the basic review is that, if your a fan of the series, you'll find it bland, uninspired, repetitive and at times frustrating when compared to the original. Environments follow the same formulae as the old series, i mean come on, from dark forest type level to sand level in act 2 of diablo, to the exact same thing of diablo 3? Give me a break. This is but one of many flaws...

However, for the people new to the series, they will find this the bee's knees of gaming, because it is. It has to be, as with a formulae from the original D1 and D2, randomizing maps, randomized items, randomized champions, gameplay was limitless, kind of like the random jokes on any obscure pop culture refernces on family guy, its an unlimited source of fun.

So that in a sense meant that D3 was destined to be good. For new users to the IP, it would be great. However for the other users that have played before.... when comparing it to the previous game, its like comparing Lebron James to Michael Jordon. Lebron would be D3, a spoilt, over indulgent,over commercialised, GREEDY (RMAH case in point) talented player, where as MJ would be D1 & 2, the original and still the best even if Lebron gets some rings or more than MJ, he still will never live to the passion, the drive and the honest pure entertainment value that MJ provided us.

D1 and 2 is a testimate to 'gameplay first' just like how MJ was all about the team and the winning the championships.

D3 just shows how far Blizzard have lost their way, and will forever be remembered for its constant unannounced patch updates(come on Blizzard, a simple email notification in advance would have been great...its stakeholder management 101), the 'mommy me' handling of skills distribution and character customisation, its persistance with an always on DRM system for the single players(an obvious lure to syphon more people into the online world and its RMAH) and its controlled scaling of item drops/item performance versus enemy health(Sometimes Blizzard, its good to get an item drop that will help you kick ass for the next 5-6 hours of gameplay).

People complain all the time about how we shouldn't be upset about the server outages, the fact that this is pretty much a MMPORG, and we're being too self righteous as fans of what we want and that metacritic should be a forum of game reviews, and on the "in game gameplay", but the fact is:

Gameplay is about the 'whole experience' from the moment you receive it, to actually playing and completing the game... To say that it isn't, is like saying going to watch a basketball game or any real life game is not judged on the traffic you had to fight to get there, the quality of the referee decisions or the amount of dirty tricks tactics made in the game. In the case of the server patch updates, it would be like to going to watch the series finals and suddenly the nba decide they want to upgrade their stadiums and not let you know until you show up at the door.

I'm so sorry Blizzard, I used to have so much faith in you with the "Gameplay first" attitude, however it seems that you have become too self indulgent, too greedy and in that... lost the way... not even upcoming DOTA2 can redeem this user from buying another product of yours, no doubt you'll end up finding some sneaky way to charge the user to get better items, colours, banner and what crap have you...
  86. Jun 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly who did their hire to write such a pathetic and stupid story? is lame, boring, repetitive and brough into you everytime. Also the darker feeling of previous diablo games is not there, cartonish graphics, boss/enemy tauntings, darker ambientation is not there. This game is dumbed down for 10 years old wow gamers, it should be called DiaBloW 2. This game Is not as inmersive as D2 was, and honestly after replaying D2. I can see the diference and ambientiation, even if D2 has outated graphics is still an amazing game. I don't see myself playing this game over and over as D2. I got my monk till level 60 and rerolling other char on D3 doesn't seem fun for me. why rerolling just to see the same crappy story over and over and over? at least on D2 the story was great and you could enjoy it. Now is just an "esc" fest on every cutscene and event. At least i got my good hours of fun out of it. still hoping some patch or expansion would fix this, but this game is a failure from scratch, it should be redesigned at wiped out and rerolled again.
    seriously cain dying to a demon fairy, with demon powder? come on... Very dissapointed. 1 point just because i actually had fun for a while, then i got bored.
  87. Jun 12, 2012
    Have played for about ~130 hours of total on three different characters and I can firmly say that Diablo 3 was a mistake. Blizzard, in the past, has not released a mechanically bad video game EVER. Battle.net 2.0 made SC2 a overall bad experience for me but the game itself was good. WoW has it's balance issues in terms of DPS in PvE and class issues in PvP. They are constantly patchingHave played for about ~130 hours of total on three different characters and I can firmly say that Diablo 3 was a mistake. Blizzard, in the past, has not released a mechanically bad video game EVER. Battle.net 2.0 made SC2 a overall bad experience for me but the game itself was good. WoW has it's balance issues in terms of DPS in PvE and class issues in PvP. They are constantly patching those and it is a work in progress just like any MMO. Getting down to it Diablo 3 did not have promised features and for a time the development team was not doing anything in the pre-release. I waited over 10 years for this game that had been redone more than once by Blizzard and I can firmly say that it was worth the wait. From PvP not being in game even though it says it is on the box, to the RMAH requiring you buy a device, along with the game you already bought, so you can use it. It has been a terrible ride. The first week's launch and the whole idea of being online to play a single player game was and is a slap in the consumer's face. Hardcore is out of the question as you are always online and lag is always an issue. I would never even think of making a character in that environment as the frustration of farming gear is already too much. Blizzard built the game so people would get to inferno and hit a brick wall. Only way to topple that brick was is to farm gear for hours on end or you can spend money at the RMAH. This is good for business but who the hell wants to pay more money on to something you already bought to do well in? Who the hell wants to farm for hours on end so you can progress through content you have already done? I am a hardcore gamer but I don't see artificial challenge worth doing. There is not anything in it for me. Lastly, the story was written by a guy who got hired on for his artistic abilities. CGI scenes and dialog should be skipped at all times it is just that bad. The plot does not line up to anything that happened in the previous games and should have been aborted by any normal human being. Service maintenance, consumer always being wrong, terrible customer representatives, and a grindfest is all that awaits the willing and able Diablo 3 fanatic. I would recommend playing D2 as even with the duping it is still more "fun" than this trainwreck. Expand
  88. Jun 12, 2012
    Diablo III is the biggest setback in gaming history. I am writing this review, in hope of gaming directors waking up. This is a true copy of WoW. The quests, the dialog and even the grouping. Its the same UI as wow, and thats just terrible. Diablo II is one of the best games ever made, and Blizzard totally ruined it. We need offline play. We want randomized scenery as the old. We want noDiablo III is the biggest setback in gaming history. I am writing this review, in hope of gaming directors waking up. This is a true copy of WoW. The quests, the dialog and even the grouping. Its the same UI as wow, and thats just terrible. Diablo II is one of the best games ever made, and Blizzard totally ruined it. We need offline play. We want randomized scenery as the old. We want no cartoony Graphics, but dark and spooky stuff like in the II. This is just sad. I give it a 4.0, because its fun to play with friends. But it was 12 hours to Hell, and now its just pure poo.

GG
  89. Jun 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all, I'm not from Battle.net fourms. I'm speaking from my heart. I started to play diablo 2 about 4 months ago and decided to buy diablo 3 for the hell of it a couple of weeks ago. I don't listen to gamespot, etc. Basicly in today's industry the publishers are starting to buy for their "10/10" Scores *COUGH*EA*COUGH*.

Well enough about that. Let's move on!

I keep hearing how Diablo 3 is the quote and quote "BEST RPG EVER". You know what? This game was just over-hyped to **** It tells a story when a game is forced to go into a redesign phase in development possbily twice by the publisher. Plot: Way too short. Only about 5-6 hours if your playing on Normal for the first time. Also Obvious plot twist.

Graphics:
    Good god, I wasn't impressed. I've seen games with better graphics. These graphics look cel-shaded. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's not right for this type of game. To be honest, the atmosphere is not as good as diablo 2's. I was going for the impression that Blizzard was going to add more detail to this game.

Gameplay: Mainly my biggest problem is the gameplay. It's boring as **** There is nothing new. It's just Diablo 2's gameplay with a new engine in my point of view.

- Replay Value: Once you play it with your friends once or twice, It gets boring. BLizzard had a chance to change some stuff in development. Why didn't they take the chance?

I also noticed from a couple of friends of mine (One who is also a writer for MMO.org, Paragustrants) had an issue with Act 3 in Inferno. Your basicly hitting a brick wall at this point. And it is said the blizzard testers didn't even finish Inferno. Wow.

Music: Okayish. It's not bad in any way!
    Some of my other complaints,

Servers:
    Yes, Even after about a month after release this game is still having connection issues. Lag outs every 15 minutes. Unable to login, etc. Blizzard is a huge company. Shouldn't they have the funds to buy more servers instead of swimming in their bathtub of greed? If I was a developer, My mindset for a bad launch would be to clear up the connection issues and bring in more and faster servers for the players. Blizzard had a stress test for this game I believe. What the hell was that for? Was it for people who could brag about how they were in the first closed beta for this game? 8 years and Blizzard wasen't expecting to be a big turn out? Seriously?

Botting: Blizzard knew about this problem since Diablo 2. Go look at the online for Diablo 2. It's filled with bots. Nothing was done. Blizzard just turned a blind eye to them. And now in Diablo 3, They don't. You should have been more prepared for this. Again, They had 8 years to plan an idea to stop this. Also note: I love how they **** over people with the new patch that was "SUPPOSE" to fix botting. FYI: These guys are f**king smart. They make a living off of this. I know they will just work their way around this.

Real-Money AUction House: This is my biggest complaint. Out of all the stuff blizzard could work on, They decide to work on this. Now prices will be insane for the item market in this game. Theres no cap for selling items. So people can put a price of over 500$ on an item. Skillpoints:

Blizzard missed a great chance to pull up the replay value if they let players create their own builds like in Diablo 2. Pretty bad move on their part.

The "ONLINE" DRM:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please take a moment to look at Ubisoft's SHINING EXAMPLE of why this was a horrible idea to begin with. Now, I can understand Blizzard was trying to cut down on piracy. But who in development thought this would solve the problem? Private Servers are already starting to appear to be worked on from I understand.
  90. Jun 13, 2012
    purchased this game on line and still cant download the game, installer hangs on updates,tryed everthing to get it to work.
    then i read all the reviews on the game, I will not buy another game from Blizzard ever!
    all the games i buy on steam work fine!
  91. Toh
    Jun 15, 2012
    Lots of connection issues, i rate this game so bad because people cant play it when they want to play, means its not about fun, people just cant play it
  92. Jun 20, 2012
    I have done my first playthrough, and it was a good experience. But as I started my second playthrough on a new character class, i noticed how incredibly linear the story and game is. It feels as if I'm walking down a long narrow corridor and at the same time I'm forced to listen to a story that was fine... once... Now i have to endure it and the dialog, again and again and again (yes itI have done my first playthrough, and it was a good experience. But as I started my second playthrough on a new character class, i noticed how incredibly linear the story and game is. It feels as if I'm walking down a long narrow corridor and at the same time I'm forced to listen to a story that was fine... once... Now i have to endure it and the dialog, again and again and again (yes it is skippable, but only by mashing the spacebar). So I am now stuck with a game I bought mainly for the replayability, but because of way too linear gameplay and an increasingly annoying repeated story... it is simply not replayable. Expand
  93. Jun 20, 2012
    Diablo 3 (Version 1.0.3 10057)
    This patch made the game even less fun then it was before. Nice way to screw all the people who bought items with attack speed!
  94. Jun 21, 2012
    I gave it a 3. I'll be honest, I've not completed the game, and probably never will. Diablo II true successor this is not.
    I used to play Diablo II a lot in my youth, it was pretty much the only PC game I'd play, it was fun, addictive - and since that time it'd be my 'go to' game every summer, I'd reinstall it, even if just to play for a handful of hours, to experience the magic and then I'd be content. Diablo III simply never delivered any magic from my brief time with the game.
    It's essentially been designed to be a rather dull grind through 'til level 60 where the game quickly goes from a good challenge to broken, unbalanced, mess.
    Loot is no longer designed by way of the carrot and stick method, instead we're given useless drops that serve no purpose but to clutter up our inventories - the real loot is all sold via the Auction House - a system which is a massive point of contention for me.
    The game is overly streamlined, there's a vast array of invisible walls, and locked doors and blocked entrances that only open up as the story progresses - something that Diablo II was not a victim to, to such an extent.
    The story is quite frankly, garbage, and predictable. It offers no intrigue, or mystery. The characters are flat and poorly written - the games use of audio messages to tell of the lore is flawed because it's often interrupted by ingame sequences or completely inaudible over the noise of battle.
    The skill system was designed to offer more depth and more varieties in the builds by way of runes, but it simply offers less variety. It's not particularly creative - and it fails to add some excitement to the basic dungeon crawling gameplay.
    The maps are bland, and do a disservice to the charming art style.
    The multiplayer is basic, the lobbies offering little customization to find a player tailored to your needs, I spent a lot of my time with the game playing with my partner, and while he enjoys the game - as a Diablo newcomer - I found the multiplayer equally as boring as playing alone. The game offers no PVP, it's woefully missed, and something that Blizzard should have put in there at launch.

To summarize;
    - The game is too easy for the vast majority of players, who will lose interest before hitting the harder difficulties (And why should we have to replay the game a handful of times before we get a real challenge?)
    - The loot is not rewarding - the game is a dungeon crawling loot game, if there is no worthy loot, the game has failed on a very basic level
    - Throwaway story that is highlighted evermore by the super linear nature of it's progression

I also find the whole RMAH a very cynical, profits based system and I want nothing to do with it. That Blizzard is being so blatant about it amazes me and does invoke a certain level of awe within me.
    Blizzard can alter and nerf and update the game as much as they want, but it does not take away from the fact that they released a terrible, broken, shallow game at launch, one that does a massive disservice to the franchise and that, for me personally - has made me vow not to support any software they intend to release in the future, Diablo or otherwise.

I can agree that for some people this game hits the spot, is a joy and a wonder, but for me, I will look back fondly on Diablo II, while Diablo III will be long forgotten.
  95. Jun 21, 2012
    I had a lot of hope for this game and gave it a chance to prove my initial feelings wrong, but after a month it hasn't managed to overcome the negativity I feel towards it. The skill system suffers from the designers not knowing what they wanted. They wanted you to have the freedom to basically play as you like and change skills to help overcome difficult parts of the game. However, atI had a lot of hope for this game and gave it a chance to prove my initial feelings wrong, but after a month it hasn't managed to overcome the negativity I feel towards it. The skill system suffers from the designers not knowing what they wanted. They wanted you to have the freedom to basically play as you like and change skills to help overcome difficult parts of the game. However, at level 60 they completely switch this on you. They want you to pick a build and stick to it to get the necessary valor buff, thus negating half the freedom of their system. Want to roll through inferno with one build for groups and then another for bosses? Can't do that if you want to even have a decent chance at getting something that might be marginally useful. Then at level 60 many of the skills because either useless or required, so much so that few builds are able to actually survive at that level. So instead of negating the build system that was Diablo 2, they made something worse where you actually have less options. Now for the part that really hacks me off, the blatant money grab. The game requires you to use the AH because of horrible drop rates and utterly horrendous random **** drops. So now they have increased repair fees which eat away at more gold that you need to pay for way over priced items, because of out of control gold farmers and bots. Now you can't afford the gold AH you have to turn to the RMAH. I have had it, maybe in a few months once blizzard does something about these issues i'll play again. I might even come back and redo this review, but only if the game gets better and less world of diablo. Expand
  96. Jun 21, 2012
    The storyline is mediocre, repetitive and lack substantial depth in plot. This game is only playable online, even if you wish to partake in single player mode. Their server lag spikes, which happen frequently, often lead to the death of many players that play hardcore mode with no compensation or regard from their support team. The game play mechanics are severely limiting. There are noThe storyline is mediocre, repetitive and lack substantial depth in plot. This game is only playable online, even if you wish to partake in single player mode. Their server lag spikes, which happen frequently, often lead to the death of many players that play hardcore mode with no compensation or regard from their support team. The game play mechanics are severely limiting. There are no skill levels, no points to assign for attributes, and you are only able to use 6 skills at any give time. Changing skills will take away all buffs to your character, pull out a menu that blocks your entire screen and have a cooldown of a minute, which severely discourage players to change skills once they start playing. As a result, this game is solely based on gear and their auction house system. In order to progress in the game you are forced to rely on better gear. The problem is that in order to progress into the next part, you have to use gear that drop from that next part. Gear from your current point are 7 levels lower than you. The solution to this is to use the auction house and buy your gear either with gold or real money. As of the latest patch, they have made gold nearly impossible to get. Repair costs for items are now 5x higher than previously and the gold drop from environmental objects is near 0%. For every attack you make, hit you take, chest you open or pot you smash you incur repair damage. With the imbalance in gold, people are urged to use real money to progress in this game. Then when people buy thing with real money and DO progress, they nerf those items and they lose their value and the feel of progression that came with it. Blizzard has made progression in this game stagnant and punishes players for their the inadequacies of the development team with dealing with bugs in the game. The biggest problem is the arrogance they exhibit in saying that they want people to have variety to play with flexibility and to explore new ways to play BUT AT THE SAME TIME eliminate methods of playing the game that does not align with their philosophy (which changes frequently to suit their needs). They force players to play this game in only one way and eliminate any other methods of playing. As of this review, most of my friends have already left this game because of Blizzard's inability to LISTEN to what their player base wants instead of arbitrarily thinking they KNOW what players want. Their amount of people that play public games dropped from 20k to barely 1.5k on peak hours. Blizzard does not respect the players or their wishes for the game and has severely disappointed me as a fan. Expand
  97. Jun 21, 2012
    The story is very limited.... for diablo 1 and II, games from many years ago, it's reasonable that we could only follow a single line of history, with limited quests and choices. But nowadays, with diablo 3 as a big title and blizzard knowhow, i really was waiting for some more "complex" gameplay. Really disapointed with Blizzard, even now with the last "patches", that is only trowing theThe story is very limited.... for diablo 1 and II, games from many years ago, it's reasonable that we could only follow a single line of history, with limited quests and choices. But nowadays, with diablo 3 as a big title and blizzard knowhow, i really was waiting for some more "complex" gameplay. Really disapointed with Blizzard, even now with the last "patches", that is only trowing the game to a black hole =( Expand
  98. Jun 21, 2012
    Ignore the game site critic reviews. They pick the ones that will give them favorable unrealistic reviews, period. That said, here is THE GOOD: D3 returns with a new look, very simple to play, easy for anyone to understand, runs on the weakest of computers. THE BAD: Most lag is calculative server side and not graphical, graphics are mediocre, game patches can cause big issues, playerIgnore the game site critic reviews. They pick the ones that will give them favorable unrealistic reviews, period. That said, here is THE GOOD: D3 returns with a new look, very simple to play, easy for anyone to understand, runs on the weakest of computers. THE BAD: Most lag is calculative server side and not graphical, graphics are mediocre, game patches can cause big issues, player acquired game items disappear, player skills don't always animate indicating activity, not very 3D Vision friendly, Blizzard latency-disconnects-crashes still intermittent, game is too simple for those who want more, repetitive game play and story line, player item drops continue to be too weak to support player/game mode progression. THE REALLY BAD: Extremely poor customer support, phone center officially understaffed with no queue hold ability, trouble ticket response support is 36 to 48 (business) hours, technical responses are ignorantly laughable, game costs $59.99 or more. Expand
  99. Jun 22, 2012
    Those who have played this beyond hell, and have been with the game since it's beginning will probably agree. This game is terrible. In mid-hell all the way to inferno classes are unbalanced and really--the only ones surviving and doing moderately well are *epically* geared. Considering myself a decent player, I have been able to navigate up to act 4 (through many deaths). I can sayThose who have played this beyond hell, and have been with the game since it's beginning will probably agree. This game is terrible. In mid-hell all the way to inferno classes are unbalanced and really--the only ones surviving and doing moderately well are *epically* geared. Considering myself a decent player, I have been able to navigate up to act 4 (through many deaths). I can say their design and implementation of creature hit points, damage, and skills (particularly elite creatures) fall far short of par. I suppose I could give an example--in one cause I had a barb in inferno and was constantly being chain frozen and walled with arcane sentries hitting me all at once until I was dead. There was nothing I could do--helpless as a baby. In any case, beyond this you can include their horrid updates. While they did lower creature damage to a small extent, in exchange they gave bosses rages that make them all near to impossible (belial's constant poison pools once he hits around 10% of his life is one example). So in all, instead of nerfing the game, they seemed to have done all they can to make an already extremely difficult setting unplayable. I honestly cannot see what they are trying to do in their game. The overall enjoyment of this game after hell setting is about MINUS 100%. If you're one of those people who has a strongly sadistic nature, I'd say get this game. It has all the abuse you'd need for a full life supply. For the rest of us, I'd say skip it. Expand
  100. Jun 26, 2012
    I expected a more complex game-play with far more skills, specialization and demand on the player. The game is dumbed down, compared to the added complexity from Diablo I ot Diablo II. Disappointed.
  101. May 15, 2012
    If you are hoping for a third edition to the Diablo series, and have play the past two, do not have high hopes for this version. It reminds me of what they did to the Dungeon Siege series. They used the name, but removed everything that made it great. If you have never played Diablo I or II go for it, you probably will enjoy it. This game IMHO should have had a different title, maybe IIf you are hoping for a third edition to the Diablo series, and have play the past two, do not have high hopes for this version. It reminds me of what they did to the Dungeon Siege series. They used the name, but removed everything that made it great. If you have never played Diablo I or II go for it, you probably will enjoy it. This game IMHO should have had a different title, maybe I wouldn't feel so let down. This game was the final straw. I am no longer buying New releases. I am going to wait until user reviews come out, and price drops. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012