Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jun 1, 2012
    Good game, when playable. From 5 PM to 10PM it's impossible to log in.

Wait for the price to drop because this is not a game but a paid beta test. - no character customization - still no PvP - still no real money auction house (that to be honest is a good thing) - no server stabilty - account security issues - ATI drivers compatibility issues - game difficulties umbalanced - random
    Good game, when playable. From 5 PM to 10PM it's impossible to log in.

Wait for the price to drop because this is not a game but a paid beta test.

- no character customization
    - still no PvP
    - still no real money auction house (that to be honest is a good thing)
    - no server stabilty
    - account security issues
    - ATI drivers compatibility issues
    - game difficulties umbalanced
    - random enchantments on items makes good drops incredibly rare (that brings us back to the real money auction house)

The gameplay is funny and addictive but crap Blizzard needs to work a lot on this game to get something really worth the price and the hype of 12 years.
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    Easily the biggest flop of the decade.

If you've played the past Diablo games, DON'T pay and play this one. The game is nothing like the past games and revolves around getting you on the Real Money Auction House and trying to get you to spend money there. Feels much more like World of Warcraft than Diablo. Blizzard sold out and deceived us all big time on this game.

Avoid it.
  3. Jun 1, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the worst garbage game I've ever played, the box it came in is more entertaining. Blizzard/Activision and their genius development team took a big, steamy crap on the Diablo franchise and its up until now pristine legacy. There's no lobby so communicating with other players is a chore, hacking is out of control,Gold Spammers are already doing what they do best, Lag makes theDiablo 3 is the worst garbage game I've ever played, the box it came in is more entertaining. Blizzard/Activision and their genius development team took a big, steamy crap on the Diablo franchise and its up until now pristine legacy. There's no lobby so communicating with other players is a chore, hacking is out of control,Gold Spammers are already doing what they do best, Lag makes the game virtually unplayable at times, D3 is so buggy it seems like players are still Beta testing, Act Bosses are less challenging than Elite mobs, monster scaling makes no sense and the games difficulty curve is down right absurd. Diablo 3 has been entirely engineered around the AH/RMAH so D3 will be pay2win soon and itemization is laughable. D3 is a slap in the face to loyal Diablo fan who have been around for a long time. What were we expecting = D2 with better graphics, what did we receive for our $60.00 dollars = a watered down D2/World of Warcraft hybrid with no Offline play mode and servers that dont wor most of the time. Blizzard/Activision D3 gave you a black eye. Expand
  4. Jun 2, 2012
    60 Hours not 1 cool item (unique/set) found! well they should be rare in AH blizard says but frankly i dont wanna compete with 10^23 chinese people i just want to play OFFLINE LAN with friends! 2 Points for some fun playing through normal-hell but now im selling my copy ... gl&hf bliz ...last diablo i bought!!
  5. Jun 2, 2012
    I got my money refunded after a week of playing this garbage. This game is completely f'd up especially because of the AH system. You basically kite, search for gold, buy items at the store, and then kite some more.
  6. Jun 3, 2012
    Let me just play single-player without network problems! I'm seriously not buying anything with this DRM in the future. Sure, this is just a game, but that's precisely why you shouldn't frustrate your goddamn customer!
  7. Jun 6, 2012
    I played this game for about 100 hours now (hardcore and softcore characters brought to inferno difficulty), so it wouldn't be fair to give it a score of 0.
    Nonetheless it is just disappointing, what happened to the Diablo franchise. For example the auction house might have been a great idea, but everyone could have known that Activision-Blizzard can't handle all the bots and duplicating of items, which now flood the AH and inflate the prices. Additionally the items in the auction house directly influence the drops in a players game, as has been confirmed by a Blizzard poster here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150112701?page=2#33

So the game, which is all about loot, won't let you get any (well, technically it's just 'even less') good loot, because some bots already flooded the auction house with good items.

There are many more flaws with this game (no game lobbies, just 4 kinds of gems to enhance your gear [really? didn't the developers of Diablo 3 play D2:LoD or was it just 'too complicated' to have more than 4 kinds of enhancements, which are just plain boring in my opinion..], ingame plot holes and inconsistencies [one follower which you can hire says 'we could have met in the tavern, i travel a lot' and some time later he may say 'i never was in the desert, i don't travel much'... yeah]) and many more, but the one with the item distribution being dictated by the auction house just kills any form of longtime motivation. And this is what the Diablo franchise is all about. Why else would people still play Diablo 2 after more than 10 years (well most people because of player versus player... another promised, but still missing feature of Diablo 3).
  8. Jun 6, 2012
    Piece of **** update all the time, can not work off line, result you wait and maybe you will have a chance to play.

Story very short, not very impress
  9. Jun 7, 2012
    For all those that say well its not diablo 2! they are right,its diablo 1.5 .No character customisation or build choice.

Halfway through nightmare i just stopped and gave up.What's the point in grinding endlessly for 1 more vit,damage or primary stat.As that is all you need. The item properties are dull and dont do anything worth bothering with ( see vit,damage,or primary stat) Seems

The item properties are dull and dont do anything worth bothering with ( see vit,damage,or primary stat) Seems they took all the fun stuff out!
  10. Jun 9, 2012
    I wanted Diablo 3 to be a perfect game. I tried not to judge it by the errors following the release as many people did as it wasn't fair - now, nearly a month after the release the servers are stable, yet AH downtimes still happens. I've spend over 120 hours in game, cleared entire Inferno level with my main DH and I'm halfway through Hell with my Wiz. And I'm just bored. There game itselfI wanted Diablo 3 to be a perfect game. I tried not to judge it by the errors following the release as many people did as it wasn't fair - now, nearly a month after the release the servers are stable, yet AH downtimes still happens. I've spend over 120 hours in game, cleared entire Inferno level with my main DH and I'm halfway through Hell with my Wiz. And I'm just bored. There game itself is good enough, but the randomization is barely noticeable and you just run the same levels over and over again (I went through all quests at least 7-9 times + farmed Act 3 of Inferno a lot) - it's simply boring, but I can get over that, it was to be expected. What I can't ger over is the **** beyond repair item drop system. All items you get are either total thrash or meant for 10 levels below yours - this is obviously intended to make people use AH - that's still fine. However, right now the AH is completely destroyed by Chinese gold farmers, Inferno item prices are skyhigh because of hyperinflation, basically an Inferno entry level gear for my Wiz costs about 25-30 mil, 2 weeks ago it was below 2 mil - farming Act 3 Inferno I would be able to afford that in about 4 months - obviously, by not solving this issue they want me to pay for those items on RMAH - no thanks. Add to the above the constant gold selling crap on all channels, frequent ninja nerfs that simply appear without any trace of patch notes, totally imbalanced difficulty in Inferno (I still feel sorry for melee classes after I face rolled through Inferno with my DH), loads of exploits available that allowed some people make fortunes in first two weeks, and so on. Basically, if you are not able to farm Inferno right now then you are **** out of luck because you'll need RMAH to do so. In the end the game itself is not bad, it gets boring but still it's not a bad game. However the implementation of item drop system that forces people to use AH and the hyperinflation that increased AH prices 10 times in two weeks simply made creating alts unpleasant. Expand
  11. Jun 15, 2012
    Such an incredible disappointment after waiting for so long.

Such an incredible disappointment after waiting for so long.

The classes are vastly unbalanced, which explains why PvP still isn't part of the game. Playing a ranged character means dodging a couple dangerous elite combos in Inferno, playing melee means crying your heart out consistently. Comparing the experiences of Monks and Demon Hunters in Inferno, for example, is illustrative of the degree of imbalance in the game. Which leads to the biggest problem with this game: Inferno hero packs. In D2 they were randomly generated, which was lazy and sloppy. In D3 they are still randomly generated, and Inferno difficulty has absolutely no new mechanics, just a cliff-face scaling of mob damage and resistance. It's incredibly, mind-numbingly, almost unbelievably lazy. It results in a game where the final boss in Inferno is a cakewalk compared to the elite group with insane combinations that can spawn anywhere in the whole of the Act.

Oh and the number of hacks already out there, a month after the game was released, is a joke. Stupefyingly lazy, EA-style cashing in on an established brand.
  12. Jun 15, 2012
    The Diablo 3 Forum deletes anyone's post they disagree with.

I posted this*** ******************************************** I don't even play it now. I log on check auction, leave. If any of my friends decide to play, I log on and play a bit, that's it. There is no skill to the game. If you have the right gear you can beat it. If you do not have the right gear you will die all the time.
    The Diablo 3 Forum deletes anyone's post they disagree with.

I posted this***
    ******************************************** I don't even play it now. I log on check auction, leave. If any of my friends decide to play, I log on and play a bit, that's it. There is no skill to the game. If you have the right gear you can beat it. If you do not have the right gear you will die all the time. Game is Gear driven Not skill Driven, any clown with the right gear can beat it. Only place to get drops is in AH or RMAH. The Items you need will not drop at the right levels. 2. No free from the internet Play, causing extreme lag at times even in single player.
    ********************************************
    ::: And got banned, and all my posts deleted, not just this one.

The makers of this game do Not want any negative feed back
  13. Jun 16, 2012
    Blizzard had always been a company where the real gamers develop the best games for us. Now, it is just a company where the money is their only goal. After 10 years of waiting and their "perfectionistic" expressions; I would say that this game could not impress me rather I have been disappointed. In brief, I payed a lot of money to be bored after 35 hours of playing. I won't buy anyBlizzard had always been a company where the real gamers develop the best games for us. Now, it is just a company where the money is their only goal. After 10 years of waiting and their "perfectionistic" expressions; I would say that this game could not impress me rather I have been disappointed. In brief, I payed a lot of money to be bored after 35 hours of playing. I won't buy any Blizzard games in the future. And my final score is a huge 0. Expand
  14. Jun 16, 2012
    This game should be rated M for Mediocre. I really wanted to like it, so I could play co-op with my friends, but the game is awful. The graphics look like something out of the 1990s, and that ruins everything. You don't care about the story or the characters because you can barely see them in the game, you don't see any facial expressions just their same lifeless portraits when they speak.This game should be rated M for Mediocre. I really wanted to like it, so I could play co-op with my friends, but the game is awful. The graphics look like something out of the 1990s, and that ruins everything. You don't care about the story or the characters because you can barely see them in the game, you don't see any facial expressions just their same lifeless portraits when they speak. The voice acting is all right, the warrior character I played actually sounds pretty cool, but that's not enough to save it.

There's not a lot of variety in the locations either, from levels 1 to 9 you see a town, a graveyard, and some dungeons. There's so little detail in your character and the creatures you destroy, that they should have just gone with stick men. If the stick man version had some blood and gore I would have preferred it to this.

The actual gameplay mechanics are weak as well. You don't customize your class at all at creation or after levelling, you're just given new abilities. Fighting is extremely unsatisfying unless you're fighting a boss which is rare, or a large group. You're just constantly clicking your left mouse button, there's no thought or skill required.

And don't forget the constant internet connection requirement, not just of you but of their servers. I waited a couple weeks after getting my trial pass before playing, and when I was finally ready I was greeted with a message saying their servers were down for maintenance for another four hours. But other than that I played from levels 1 to 9 okay, and then uninstalled the game.
  15. Jun 20, 2012
    The game was perfectly fine before the 1.0.3 patch. After it, it's practicly worthless. I play act 2 on inferno and the repair costs are so insane that you go bankrupt all the time. This is outrageous.
    There is no use in playing anymore for optaining new items or gold.
  16. Jun 20, 2012
    The game is set so that Normal, Nightmare and hell is fairly easy you can do em and its just a wee bit challenging and then you come to inferno and get one shotted by zombies. This was fine when the repair cost was about 3k gold but since the patch that has gone up to 35k gold minimum so you need to farm hell for gold and if you die there same cost. You need to buy items from the AH sinceThe game is set so that Normal, Nightmare and hell is fairly easy you can do em and its just a wee bit challenging and then you come to inferno and get one shotted by zombies. This was fine when the repair cost was about 3k gold but since the patch that has gone up to 35k gold minimum so you need to farm hell for gold and if you die there same cost. You need to buy items from the AH since there wont drop any good items at all and since you die alot you cant afford new good items. So you need to spend Real money to pass anything on inferno. If you just want to spend all your money on nothing this game is for you but me i want to try new builds find good gear and have fun it is though not an option in d3. You have 1 viable build and all you need is your primary attribute vitality and all resistance. If you do not care about mindlessly farm for 10 hours to buy 1 item and just let blizz say what you should play then for all means buy and play this game.

this is one gamer signing out from d3 and i most likley will not come back.
  17. Jun 20, 2012
    1.0.3 put the nail in the coffin this time. Even my casual friends are getting bored with this game. Huge repair cost. Low rewards. They can barely save enough gold to buy decent stuff. Now the huge repair cost is just making the game a stupid gold grind.
  18. Jun 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been playing this game since launch, and I've also just tried out the new patch 1.0.3, so I think I can now sum up pretty much everything I feel about this game.

I am not going to touch basis. If you want to see graphics, sounds, and gameplay itself, you can watch youtube.

This game has lost touch with Action RPG. In Action RPG, you start off with a weak level 1 character, slay ALOT of monsters and bosses, and equip yourself with epic items which you can go back and crush the living hell out of them. Using shortcuts to earn gold and items, Action RPG is built around farming over and over again for epic items and lots of gold. It's a never ending cycle which injects into your brain like a drug or, in simple terms, item gambling addiction.

In Diablo 3, alot of people looked for ways to farm gold and items easily, looking for shortcuts, or even exploits.
    There is a difference between efficient way to farm and using exploits.

1. Efficient way to farm - Every games which requires you to earn to progress has this. No matter how you design the game, the biggest fun comes from yourself feeling efficient and rewarding.
    2. Exploits - Using bugs or cheats to earn your way through the game. This is almost always fixed in any games you see.

Blizzard has blocked almost every possible way to farm efficiently. This took away most of the fun. They want us to play the way they designed it. They think their design will be fun for all users. Well they thought wrong. No matter what design you put into your game, the game gets boring quick without the freedom to make your own choice about how you will play the game.

With patch 1.0.3, which alot of people were waiting for it because it reduced the difficulty in Inferno, along with removing damage modifiers when partying with friends to kill monsters and bosses. However, with this patch came even worse changes, including enrage timer, significantly increased repair cost, and significantly reduced attack speed. There are other changes but these three I believe are the biggest changes.

1. Increased Repair Cost : Blizzard wanted a way to stop people from Resurrecting and zerging the boss. However, with this came people stop trying. It's simply not worth to try hard boss anymore if you die couple of times, because repair cost is, well, beyond repair if you die couple of times with level 53 gear or above(which you should be having if you are in Inferno). This loses the whole fun of trying to beat the boss despite a bit of lack of gear.

2. Enrage Timer : Enrage timer causes monster or boss to enrage after certain time is up, causing immense increase in damage to kill you. It basically tells you "No your gear is not enough to kill me. Please farm some more." Farming is fine, but again, because of this, it took out the "trying".

3. Attack Speed decrease : Attack speed has been decreased by half. This is not a matter of whether decrease was a right thing to do or not, but I have never seen a patch after a game was officially released to have this much significant amount changed. I can only say this game is still in beta, and I paid 60 bucks to join the beta.

Lastly, we have the infamous Real Money Auction House system(RMAH). This was a way for Blizzard to battle against countless number of items being sold in our sites for real world currency. Did they succeed? I would say they succeeded around half. Several points to be made about this.

1. Highest stats items will still be sold outside Blizzard owned Auction house : RMAH limits to 250 bucks, so that isn't going to stop legendary items with incredible stats which could be sold for more than 500 bucks.
    2. Destroyed Gold Auction House(GAH) : Ever since RMAH opened, all the high quality items are flooding into RMAH, forcing people to use real money to buy what they want. This totally destroyed GAH, and only worthless items are being sold at GAH now.
    3. Morally wrong : Battling illegal item trading is fine, but embracing it and bringing it to game's own system and leeching one bucks per items being sold? Something is very wrong here.

Blizzard, or the current Diablo Developers, seems to have no idea what Action RPG is. Inferno difficulty was a gamble in some way, and no Diablo Fan ever asked for insane difficulty mode where we need to farm for a year to get our characters epic-ed out. It looks like they forgot what "Fun means".

After merging with Activision, Blizzard has become a money hungry game company just like EA. It's not the Blizzard we all knew.

RIP Blizzard we will miss you.
  19. Jun 20, 2012
    This game has been mutilated beyond all expectation and the "critics" don't know what they are talking about. Jay Wilson is a terrible designer and Blizzard should be ashamed that they put their label on this.

I am not sure which gaming company I despise more, EA or Blizzard...
  20. Jun 20, 2012
    Why this game is the worst game ever ? Because Diablo 3 is not fun. Because rewards are so bad (very bad random affixes, very bad loot tables), because Diablo 3 constantly break players motivation. In term of game design : http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/129852/designing_for_motivation.php?page=3
    Diablo 3 is an one-arm-bandit which make we lose each time. I'm tired to lose and i never pay one cent more for this (neither gold).
    AH and RMAH are Diablo's cancer.
    AH and RMAH are Blizzard's cancer.
    AH and RMAH could be entire industry cancer.
    Financial things are still our world cancer. Don't insert this on our games.

Help gamers and create an account to say this to Blizzard (because we have better chance to be read here than on their censored forums). I hope they'll focus on fun on their next games.
  21. Jun 20, 2012
    Well, I was going to rate it a 4 of 10 till I clicked a few positive reviews and saw that they had no other activity. Really, who comes here for their first time to write a positive review unless your a paid PR person or fanboy. First post are for disgruntled consumers, duh.

Over simplified. -No in depth specilization in builds -No interesting stats on loot. Your literally grinding

Over simplified.
    -No in depth specilization in builds
    -No interesting stats on loot. Your literally grinding for millions of gold to pay for +12 int (jewlcrafting assumption). That is not intersting compared to the old +x skill and +x chance to proc -insert interesting thing- along with the int raise.
    -Few viable specs in the hardest mode and swapping is penalized. With no in depth specilization and penalizing swapping it gets extremely bland.

No character attatchment
    -No customization other then armor.
    -No humanization of protagonist (I am a killing machine programmed to destroy and shout things from time to time)
    -No in game back story presented (my elder kin tells me it exist online somewhere)

Patches have nerfed fun
    -Large decrease in number of random loot earned through environment destruction
    -Very large increase in repair cost while lowering gold drops discourages trying anything challenging.
    -Added boss enrage timers. THIS IS NOT AN MMO.
    -Skeleton king summoning archers was unnecessary and just annoying.
    -More reflect damage :(

Witch doctors
    -I am sorry you are second class citizens (patch broke both endgame playtyles, one a bug that wont be fixed till next patch, other the attack speed nerf). -I am also sorry your damage is all based around one ability that's a chore to use.

It goes on, im tired of typing.
  22. Jun 21, 2012
    I rated this 3 at most simply because it wasn't what I expected. It's like I'm not playing a Diablo game at all. The overall story is too linear and weak. The totally butchered the game. It's a huge insult for me and for every Diablo fan out there. This is not worth $60 at all. It feels like $20 - $30. I'm already generous at giving it a 3. I wonder why most gaming review sites give this aI rated this 3 at most simply because it wasn't what I expected. It's like I'm not playing a Diablo game at all. The overall story is too linear and weak. The totally butchered the game. It's a huge insult for me and for every Diablo fan out there. This is not worth $60 at all. It feels like $20 - $30. I'm already generous at giving it a 3. I wonder why most gaming review sites give this a high score. I smell company politics and bias here. people should be aware what they're paying for. Lastly, the online-only aspect of the game is a big big disappointment. Expand
  23. Jun 23, 2012
    This is a terrible game. I played Diablo 2 for a total of 5 years, and I was still playing it only months before Diablo 2 came out. That is a real game. This is a slot machine disguised as a game. The content is very little, they force you to play through it, and it's very annoying and restrictive. All the new patches Blizzard devised has made the game worse. They only want to maximiseThis is a terrible game. I played Diablo 2 for a total of 5 years, and I was still playing it only months before Diablo 2 came out. That is a real game. This is a slot machine disguised as a game. The content is very little, they force you to play through it, and it's very annoying and restrictive. All the new patches Blizzard devised has made the game worse. They only want to maximise their profits for the game, and this completely sucked all the life out of the game. You won't get any good or useful drops, you might as well just sign up to the lottery because the odds are more on your side. Instead you need to pay real life money to enjoy the game or farm gold for hundreds of thousands of hours doing the same 6 boring quests repeatedly. Expand
  24. Jun 25, 2012
    I have never logged on to anything and gave a review for any purchase, but i felt that for this game here i had to. i made this account just now to say this....
    this game makes me sad. i had no idea that they would make $60 game that most people knew was going to sell several millions of copies, into another pay to win game like the ones you see on the internet. what happened to make a "good" product sell it and be done with it move on to next project.
    greed makes me sick ......oh yeah this game is bad btw ....there are still people saying the game is good but i think these people are the ones making money off it, by either shear luck or exploits like bot programs. they are trying to get people to buy gear to play the game. they get a dollar per sale and 15% whats left. sure those guys with bots farming 24/7 love this game and the handful of lucky people....gah im done. this is funny im am actually upset over a product..... if i would have known i would not have even thought about purchasing this game and holding out for a fix.... should have asked for a refund sooner.
  25. Jun 27, 2012
    I bought the game and at first it was great. Then the RMAH came out. Prices skyrocket in the gold auction house from a few million gold for a real good item to billions for decent stuff. So we started killing a lot of stuff to get gold. A couple of patches later, the gold we get is reduced and the item drops were reduced as well. Repair costs have been multiplied until you actually loseI bought the game and at first it was great. Then the RMAH came out. Prices skyrocket in the gold auction house from a few million gold for a real good item to billions for decent stuff. So we started killing a lot of stuff to get gold. A couple of patches later, the gold we get is reduced and the item drops were reduced as well. Repair costs have been multiplied until you actually lose money if you push yourself too hard for progression. Blizzard has quietly removed any way of making or finding a decent amount of items on your own, but you can go to the auction house and all the gear you need to progress is in there at $250 per piece.

When we go to complain, we are told to be thankful by representatives of Blizzard. If I were you, don't buy this game. Or any other Blizzard product.
  26. Jun 27, 2012
    This is just to warn any new buyers about my experience in Daiblo 3. I have committed my time into this game and having 2 toons that are already at max level and in inferno. What frustrates me the most about this game is the developers and how they sit back behind their monitors just to laugh at us as they update the game with a patch that makes it harder for new players or casual players.This is just to warn any new buyers about my experience in Daiblo 3. I have committed my time into this game and having 2 toons that are already at max level and in inferno. What frustrates me the most about this game is the developers and how they sit back behind their monitors just to laugh at us as they update the game with a patch that makes it harder for new players or casual players. I will admit that inferno is very hard and normal difficulty mode is a joke, but this repetitive game only has 4 levels (acts) that you will constantly play trying to grind levels and gear up your toons until you reach inferno difficulty and realize that all the loot you have farmed up to that level is worthless and weak. Then you go to auction house and buy gear costing 10 to 100 times more in gold than the gold you have collected in game but instead you can buy the gold and equipment for your characters with real money that you worked for when Not playing the game. This is what D3 developers want, for you to commit your time and spend real money, not have any fun when you get to inferno because all you do is die if you are not geared well enough or set/unlock your skills in the option settings. It is very sad that the people buying their gold and gear are the ones better off since this is a very gear dependent game, yet they update the game by making you pay ridiculous amounts of gold in repairs when you die and lower the drop chances of good gear for your toons which drives prices in auction house up since the demand is GREATER than supply Expand
  27. Jul 16, 2012
    I am really very disappointed by Diablo 3. oversimplifying no pleasure of play I go back to diablo 2 the best of the series for me. it's a real game at least, not a scam over blizzard
    (sorry for the mistakes I'm not very strong in English)
  28. Jul 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What it does good - The combat system is amazing. Great looking particle effects and very fluid all around. Decent customization of your skills. What it does bad - Pretty much everything else. The storyline is terrible. The main "twist" is decent but every big bad was a yawner. Act 4 being 1/4 as long as the other 3 acts makes no sense to me. Seemed very rushed. Normal and nightmare modes are insanely easy if you upgrade your gear regularly on the AH for essentially nothing. Hell difficulty with basic level 60 gear is a good challenge but once you get higher end lvl 63 gear its a breeze. Inferno mode though might as well be impossible. The later acts (2-4) were recently nerfed but it didn't help. My 60 barb who has 80% reduction of dmg for all the resistances and 70% reduction from all dmg because of armor, not to mention every defense passive possible with some good life steal, still gets 2 shot in Act 2 by champion mobs, also forgot the base 50% reduction in dmg because I am a melee character. I can clear act 1 while watching TV and pressing 3 buttons but as soon as I go to act 2 I die all the time. Balancing is a huge issue, my lvl 60 demon hunter that has crap blue that cost about 100K total on ah does 85K dmg. My barb does 12K dmg and has to be up close to do that dmg. Overall just poorly executed game. They are patching it monthly trying to get it balanced but I have my doubts. Not even gonna get into the terrible AH and RMAH in this review. Save your money and listen to the Sub 4.0 user review. Expand
  29. Jul 17, 2012
    This game is terrible. The story is predictable and doesn't hold attention. The end-game is non-existent, and hunting for items is both boring and infuriating due to imbalanced loot and incredibly rare quality drops. Additionally, the fact that there is a real money auction house makes it feel much more like work than play, and there are an incredible number of bots around, which BlizzardThis game is terrible. The story is predictable and doesn't hold attention. The end-game is non-existent, and hunting for items is both boring and infuriating due to imbalanced loot and incredibly rare quality drops. Additionally, the fact that there is a real money auction house makes it feel much more like work than play, and there are an incredible number of bots around, which Blizzard has done nothing to stop as far as I know. Add a huge number of glitches, frequent down times, and almost no character variety, and you have Diablo III. Expand
  30. Jul 17, 2012
    I think the current metascore of 88 on the game is not right, and totaly biased. I had some fun for the first 2-3 weeks of playing, having a good time with friends. THEN, it's when you arrive at inferno that something's not right. The drop rate is terrible, it's totally not made for casual gamers (even though they stated the game is made for elite and casual players). Consequence of theI think the current metascore of 88 on the game is not right, and totaly biased. I had some fun for the first 2-3 weeks of playing, having a good time with friends. THEN, it's when you arrive at inferno that something's not right. The drop rate is terrible, it's totally not made for casual gamers (even though they stated the game is made for elite and casual players). Consequence of the bad drop rates? We are forced to use Auction House, BUT, to use Auction House you need gold, and you have gold, you need to sell stuff to people OR farm 24/7 to get that one good item... In fact, you are forced to use Auction House if you don't want to waste a big part of your life... Then, even with the current bad state of the game, they released the REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE, what bull****. Now, if you're a casual player, and even some intense gamers, have to pay to get better gear since they don't want to waste their time farming all day long. The whole game is a nothing but a cheap way to get money. Also, Blizzard lacked on player support on that game. We asked them to ban/stop those hackers/bots since they were ruining the economy of the game. NOPE. They wait like 2 month before actually moving a finger, but it's too late, the economy is already ruined, and now we're at a point where 1 MILLION gold is only worth 25 cents - 2 dollars. In fact, that 1 MILLION takes a bit less than a week to get, if we're legit players, and only farm with full gold find gear. Selling valuable items, which we farmed for weeks, gives tons of gold, but that's the only way to do get gold for legit players now...

TL;DR: They missed the ball on that one. Terribad game. Don't waste 60$... If Torchlight II is about the same, or not as good as Diablo 3, at least it only costs 20 bucks. D3 is a bad repetitive game based around real money, and has bad player support as well.
  31. Jul 22, 2012
    I write this having nearly finished normal mode. Most of the content is in later difficulties some tell me, and I would love to check it out before reviewing if I could. Sadly though, Blizzard banned my account for hacking/using bots. This is strange because, well I haven't. But because my account information was stolen and used simultaneously on the European server, I didn't evenI write this having nearly finished normal mode. Most of the content is in later difficulties some tell me, and I would love to check it out before reviewing if I could. Sadly though, Blizzard banned my account for hacking/using bots. This is strange because, well I haven't. But because my account information was stolen and used simultaneously on the European server, I didn't even know! Oh and they ban me per say. all I have to do is re-buy their game. That is poor customer service. I just had 60 USD stolen from me because I was hacked. No company should treat loyal customers this way. The game was pretty good- not the best, it seemed a bit dated, but it was solid. But if they can bully and steal from the people who pay them to make games, there is no point anymore.

That is my warning guys. Somewhere between the real money auction house, the always online, and the blatantly exploitable servers, this game isn't worth the risk.
  32. Jul 23, 2012
    Don't be fooled by the fan boys and critic reviews. Diablo 3 is a monetized scheme to get players to spend real money (Real Money Auction House) for virtual gear. Admittedly the game is quite fun from levels 1-59, but each difficulty level is an exact repeat of the previous level except that the mobs hit for more damage and are more difficult to kill. However, the endgame is nothing but aDon't be fooled by the fan boys and critic reviews. Diablo 3 is a monetized scheme to get players to spend real money (Real Money Auction House) for virtual gear. Admittedly the game is quite fun from levels 1-59, but each difficulty level is an exact repeat of the previous level except that the mobs hit for more damage and are more difficult to kill. However, the endgame is nothing but a gold grind to buy the necessary gear for completion of Inferno level. Another MAJOR issue with D3 is account hacks. Only a fool would spend real money on a virtual item just to have it ripped off. Finally, players are forced to use servers, there is not a client based platform. So when D3 servers are down you cant play. Expand
  33. Jul 31, 2013
    I bought it, I played a long time and I have a huge remorse trash nothing to do many bugs, many hacks, a lot of money in a market trading addict bli$$ard closed his eyes to the use of fraud because they earn too much money Sad but true bli$$ard died Activision just left ....run like hell from this game....play POE or Diablo 2 much better than this masterpiece of garbage.
  34. Jul 25, 2012
    Can't say I'm surprised that Diablo 3 turned out to be such a failure. That's what happens when you put a douche like Jay Wilson as director of something as huge as Diablo. Nothing personal against the guy or his double-chin (couldn't resist, sorry), but instead of humbling himself before the previous games of this once reputable franchise, Jay Wilson openly discredit Diablo 2 and itsCan't say I'm surprised that Diablo 3 turned out to be such a failure. That's what happens when you put a douche like Jay Wilson as director of something as huge as Diablo. Nothing personal against the guy or his double-chin (couldn't resist, sorry), but instead of humbling himself before the previous games of this once reputable franchise, Jay Wilson openly discredit Diablo 2 and its mechanics, alleging that "it was not fun" and that he could make it much better. Kinda unethical talk trash about a product made by your own company I would say, but whatever. Because of his bias towards Diablo 2, most features that made that game entertaining were cut out and we, gamers, received a poorly and uninspired hack&slash loaded with a Auction House made for the sole purpose of filling Blizzard's pockets even more. Now, the game is ruined and there's no patch that could fix the damage. Expand
  35. Jul 27, 2012
    After roughly 100 hours game play I can say D3 is a huge disappointment. Blizzard did nothing to innovate game play or graphics and instead focused on a money making machine. Playing through the same exact tedious storyline to get your character to max level then once more to get the max level gear is mind numbing. The real money auction house wouldn't be so bad if GOLD SALES weren't legalAfter roughly 100 hours game play I can say D3 is a huge disappointment. Blizzard did nothing to innovate game play or graphics and instead focused on a money making machine. Playing through the same exact tedious storyline to get your character to max level then once more to get the max level gear is mind numbing. The real money auction house wouldn't be so bad if GOLD SALES weren't legal causing non cash spenders like myself to feel HUGE inflation. All in all I think this game was an atrocity to the title and to gaming in general. Expand
  36. Jul 28, 2012
    I remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find outI remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find out that the game is awful. Terrible story, totally screwed up loot, lots of bugs and bad graphics. I can't express how tricked I feel.

This game is by far not worth its name. Maybe our mind would be different if this game was just a no-name, it's still not that bad after all, but this is not an ordinary one - it's descendant of one of the most important series in all time and as such, we had right to expect something much, much better. Shame on you Blizzard!
  37. Jul 31, 2012
    I give this a 4 points score. Why ?
    1) The story is toooooo obvious.
    2) The technical issues, (error 37, disconnection in European Realms, lag, stuttering because hard drive trouble) are too numerous. I have the feeling to play in a beta test stage. 3) Then, permanent connection requirement, drop rate stupid, and looting table are just not balanced for that kind of game. EVERYTHING is
    I give this a 4 points score. Why ?
    1) The story is toooooo obvious.
    3) Then, permanent connection requirement, drop rate stupid, and looting table are just not balanced for that kind of game. EVERYTHING is designed to use the AH ... This is ruining the game in my opinion.

I have tried to rise 5 kind of characters. 3 of them are already 60 capped. My main feeling is that i am looting things this is needed for a class when i am using an opposite one. Once again, this is frustrating.

I am truly disappointed by Blizzard choices, and in the future i will consider their next games with a lot of care before buy or not it. To my eye, Blizzard is no more a good game maker. Just a business company with the following goal : make sure that people is addicted and make the maximum profit thanks to that kind of players.
  38. JPP
    Aug 2, 2012
    Diablo 3 = Pay to Win! Bli$ard you got it ... :(

Portugues:

A Blizard com sua ganancia conseguiu acabar com o melhor jogo ja produzido. Infelizmente é uma triste realidade. Diablo 3 virou um joguinho de Facebook. Quanto mais você gastar (além do que se paga pelo jogo) melhor você vai ficando.

D3 = PAY TO WIN!
  39. Aug 17, 2012
    Oh Blizzard, you really screwed this one up. It is to be expected though, now that you have merged with those developer-killers, Activision. Your games have been going downhill since WoW: The Burning Crusade and this is just another nail in your coffin as far as a huge chunk of your fan base is concerned.
  40. Sep 9, 2012
    Sept 9 - still a poor game. The problem is you still have to gear up from the auction house or spend real money for it. There is no end game. The drops are itemization is poor for a loot based game. They will never get rid of the constant internet connection which results in rubber banding happening in the game. These negative scores are the real scores the game should of gottenSept 9 - still a poor game. The problem is you still have to gear up from the auction house or spend real money for it. There is no end game. The drops are itemization is poor for a loot based game. They will never get rid of the constant internet connection which results in rubber banding happening in the game. These negative scores are the real scores the game should of gotten instead of the ones by these so called "critics" that gave it an 88. Expand
  41. Sep 17, 2012
    If the abysmal user score and the fact that the game lost 65 percent of its player base in 3 months didn't tell you enough, I don't know what to say to you. The game basically forces you to buy everything using the Real World Auction House and the lack of end-game content makes it worth about six hours. Jay Wilson is an idiot and he should be fired and forever denied a job at Blizzard forIf the abysmal user score and the fact that the game lost 65 percent of its player base in 3 months didn't tell you enough, I don't know what to say to you. The game basically forces you to buy everything using the Real World Auction House and the lack of end-game content makes it worth about six hours. Jay Wilson is an idiot and he should be fired and forever denied a job at Blizzard for what he did to an incredible series. Expand
  42. Mar 11, 2013
    This is propably the worst game Blizzard has ever released. It was clearly rushed into release. The game has no end content what so ever. This game is an insult to the previous games on the franchise. There is no world pvp, the actual "pvp" is called brawling now which is a complete joke. Diablo 3 is no longer the Grim world as it should be, now its all colorful. The itemization isThis is propably the worst game Blizzard has ever released. It was clearly rushed into release. The game has no end content what so ever. This game is an insult to the previous games on the franchise. There is no world pvp, the actual "pvp" is called brawling now which is a complete joke. Diablo 3 is no longer the Grim world as it should be, now its all colorful. The itemization is horrible, and the game is run by bots controlling the economy. RMAH is also a complete failure. they decided to get rid of skilltrees/stats which really are the essence of the games on the genre. The chatrooms and social side of the game is non-existant Players no longer can make their own games. The story is like from a cheap hollywood movie. Diablo is a girl, cool stuff. You can no longer swap between acts. Party size decreased from 8 to 4. If you think this game is a worthy successor for Diablo 2, I can guarentee you its not, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  43. May 15, 2012
    What a total slap in the balls Blizzard did with this release.. the music is great so that is the only thing that made it worth of the $100 CE... why only a lousy 4GB USB?? so cheap - make it atleast 16 - and those gay guest passes - who in the world would i bring to this hell? the game would be better to just go back to old graphics so you know where you are running to.. here all theWhat a total slap in the balls Blizzard did with this release.. the music is great so that is the only thing that made it worth of the $100 CE... why only a lousy 4GB USB?? so cheap - make it atleast 16 - and those gay guest passes - who in the world would i bring to this hell? the game would be better to just go back to old graphics so you know where you are running to.. here all the extra just make you think it is bigger than it is.. really small areas Expand
  44. May 17, 2012
    Yawn! Where did I put my Diablo 2 LOD cd, I think I will go back to playing it again. No development of notice, just DIablo... And I hate the online demand! Comon cut the crap Blizzard!
  45. May 17, 2012
    They remove too much thing that we liked in d2...Customization 4/10 note more. Every game now seems to be more simple and simple (maybe for casual), I'm not a hardcore gamer, but when I play I want to play, not to be assist...

And my bad note because no offline mode simply, I live far from server I got lag/disco in solo, wow ...!!! Dissapoint I bought this game before the 15th march,

Dissapoint I bought this game before the 15th march, first time for me, usually I wait reviews, and now I regret. Thank you blizzard I payed 59â
  46. May 17, 2012
    always online requirement for singleplayer, really? wtf
    they could have made this a seperate mode from their stupid mmo version..
    and thanks to their mmo style and auction house there's no more dupers and hackers, nope, now all you need is money to kill the other guy, yep, no exploring no nothing! just lots of money! so get your mom's card out little hax. i played diablo 2 for a long time,
    always online requirement for singleplayer, really? wtf
    they could have made this a seperate mode from their stupid mmo version..
    i played diablo 2 for a long time, and this d3 thing is a disgrace.. who's the egotistical exec in blizzard that decide to go this mmo-only route?
    everything in cartoon d3 screams failure!
  47. May 17, 2012
    This game is the greatest letdown of my gaming career. The combat is interesting, but the abyssmal plot, lack of character customization, the lack of any sort of endgame or clear goals after a single 6 hour playthrough, and the rediculous setup of the long hyped auction house quickly turned my excitement to disgust that I wasted $60. The only strong innovation is the expanded andThis game is the greatest letdown of my gaming career. The combat is interesting, but the abyssmal plot, lack of character customization, the lack of any sort of endgame or clear goals after a single 6 hour playthrough, and the rediculous setup of the long hyped auction house quickly turned my excitement to disgust that I wasted $60. The only strong innovation is the expanded and improved use of blizzard's battlenet social features. Expand
  48. May 20, 2012
    Still can´t log into this SINGLE PLAYER GAME after a full week. DONT buy this game. There are lots of great indie games on steam for â
  49. May 20, 2012
    So overrated, just bought it because of all the hype. Torchlight was way better, had a better mood, nice sounds, nice music, combat. I expected Diablo 3 to be kind of the same, but even more gloomy and appealing graphically. Well, when you dress your character, you don`t see much of the fancy armor you picked up from looting. You can`t shoot with a cross-bow if you are a barbarian, or useSo overrated, just bought it because of all the hype. Torchlight was way better, had a better mood, nice sounds, nice music, combat. I expected Diablo 3 to be kind of the same, but even more gloomy and appealing graphically. Well, when you dress your character, you don`t see much of the fancy armor you picked up from looting. You can`t shoot with a cross-bow if you are a barbarian, or use an axe if you are demon hunter (if you do so, you get punished for that). The sounds on some of the weapons are really annoying and there is nothing you can do about it, other than hope another skill will trigger a different sound. Still an entertaining game, but no milestone in gaming history like it would sound from the hype. Of course that helped blizzard cash in, even when shipping a completely average and broken game :| Expand
  50. May 25, 2012
    My first review ever, so lets get started. I have played Diablo 1 and 2 for almost 14 years now, im a huuge fan of diablo 2, and i had a very solid and formed idea of what i was expecting Diablo 3 to be. What a huge dissapointment. No consistent with the original storyline, even character classes are out of place with the franchise. The paladin represented the antagonism needed in theMy first review ever, so lets get started. I have played Diablo 1 and 2 for almost 14 years now, im a huuge fan of diablo 2, and i had a very solid and formed idea of what i was expecting Diablo 3 to be. What a huge dissapointment. No consistent with the original storyline, even character classes are out of place with the franchise. The paladin represented the antagonism needed in the diablo world, as the necromancer was the opposite. That leaves the monk and the witch doctor somewhat lost in between, with no clear roles whatsoever in the game, at leas if we consider Diablo 2 to be our starting point. The skill tree, if it can be called a tree at all, its nothing more than an illusion, you just unlock abilities, that in the end, are nothing more than extentions of your weapon damage, yes, its true believe it or not, the damage the sorcerer deals is a direct effect of the weapon you are actually wielding, and your powers deal a percentage of your weapons damage, so idiotic is this system, that ray of frost (the first ray you get) deals 200 something percent of your weapon damage, while disintegrate (the last ray you get) deals 178 ish percent damage.........less damage!!! being the last ray!!. Graphics: no idea at all of what they wanted, in art, teachers usually tell you "keep a simple design in mind, and work it out". Diablo 2 was this, a simple catacomb or cathedral design was all you needed, work on the details (blood on the floor, some torture items) and you get a pretty credible and scary setting, in diablo 3 its like they just threw everything they could think of in a single room, fire sprouting from the floor, colorful enemies spawned from some anime or mu online setting, and pastel tones that are totaly out of place with the original idea, give us back the plain and simple designs of diablo 2, a really simple design, which when developed in the right direction, is much more effective than a modern graphics engine, i hope i get my point. Items: item randomizer, good, although i miss the runes and i also miss the items which gave +1/2/3 to certain skills, i dont like the armor and weapon design, again, wowish and childish looking, tower shield is a shield made form two smaller pieces glued together in the middle, leaving a space between them, what kind of shield leaves a space by which arrows can pass or swords can cut you open.......more senseless use of aesthetics, when the functionality of the item should dictate the form, that makes it more credible, again, simple ideas, and then work them out, why not a simple shield with intrincate logos and faces? instead of a shield which has no functionality as a shield?. Monsters: horrible design, once again, keep it simple blizzard, overdressed knights and angels, this is diablo not world of warcraft, shinning armors and clothes doesnt help building up the atmosphere, again anime style, childish kind of game, not a single enemy had the grottesque look of..........lets use the word again.....the grotesques of diablo 2...those who vomited little spawns in 4th act. Oh and before i forget...........Diablo...........slim and alien like boss, walks like a woman in sports illustrated, moving its tail in a kinda sensual way. Overall, instead of keeping the good stuff from diablo2 and getting out the cons......the took away some great stuff (old classes for example and skill trees) and added some really bad stuff (graphic design and over simplicity). I just finished the game in order to be able to write this review. Expand
  51. May 26, 2012
    Well, so far Diablo III sucks, hard. Blizzard took everything I loved about Diablo II out of the game and made it into something so simple and unimaginative that I'm repulsed. It suffers from cartoonish graphics, extremely linear/easy play, extremely limited character customization, & gear that isn't even used in combat. I literally played Diablo II for years and I don't know if I'll spendWell, so far Diablo III sucks, hard. Blizzard took everything I loved about Diablo II out of the game and made it into something so simple and unimaginative that I'm repulsed. It suffers from cartoonish graphics, extremely linear/easy play, extremely limited character customization, & gear that isn't even used in combat. I literally played Diablo II for years and I don't know if I'll spend another twenty minutes playing this game. I thought they dumbed down WoW to make it appeal to a younger less experienced more casual crowd so that they could make Diablo III more appealing to older gamers. They didn't. Everything going wrong with WOW has been duplicated in this fiasco. Now both franchises suck. I've never seen a company waste so much consumer loyalty. They're destroying their brand day in and day out. Creativity is a valuable commodity and apparently Blizzard doesn't have it anymore. This game feels like it was made in a boardroom. Boo and hiss Blizzard... Boo and hiss... Expand
  52. May 26, 2012
    Disappointment in every way, full of bugs, hackers, bad gameplay, and only partly finished. I've been a gamer for 20+ years and this is the worst product release I have seen.

The game has a decent story line and mediocre graphics and thats about it, there is no groundbreaking innovation in gameplay wether online, multiplay or single player. And thats just the start, Bugs galore, even though the graphics are medicore it slows down the most powerfal machines, Online public gameplay is full of bugs and security holes where hackers can steal your account, been hacked already.

The Auction house barely works and is full of bugs, you'll search for items and have random items or no items show up based on your filters, sometimes when you sell items you never get the gold, also the real money system just ruins the value of items and the economy, because money is cheap super powerful items are easy to acquire just ruining the difficulty curve, the game is horrendously easy and not a challenge.

This game is only partly finished, they never included the pvp system, and when you get to the last Act in the game it is plainly horribly obvious from the level design, graphics, monsters, storyline, even items where just missed mashed together at the last moment. I swear the last part of the game is so horrible you find it hard to finish, let me iterate again it so plainly and horribly obvious at the low level or horrible quality of work at the final act that this game is not finished.

Do not buy this until its $30 because thats what your paying for a half a game full of bugs and hackers.
  53. CMH
    May 26, 2012
    The game itself is so-so until you reach inferno. Then it just drops to boring. It seems the first difficulty level is played just for the storyline because everything is too easy. 2nd and 3rd difficulty levels are somewhat fun: experimenting with your newfound skills available. 4th difficulty level is fun if you like dying over and over again.... Any elite mobs come around and expect toThe game itself is so-so until you reach inferno. Then it just drops to boring. It seems the first difficulty level is played just for the storyline because everything is too easy. 2nd and 3rd difficulty levels are somewhat fun: experimenting with your newfound skills available. 4th difficulty level is fun if you like dying over and over again.... Any elite mobs come around and expect to die over and over again. Story is nothing to be excited about. Kept my interest in act 1 with the various twists and turns, but after that is standard Diablo fare. True, many different possible builds based on what skills you choose for your character, but item-wise, its all basically one build: stack main-stat and vitality. And pick the biggest stick as your weapon regardless of stat. Real Money Auction House still closed. In-game-gold Auction House still riddled with issues. Game seems to be built around the auction houses since its now very gear dependent. At the higher difficulty levels your choice of skills or kiting skills only help to improve the efficacy of your gear, instead of the other way around. In other words, with just average gear the game is impossible at higher difficulty levels. ALWAYS ON INTERNET required, even for single player. Which means if you're not living near their servers, expect lag. In Australia, lag spikes happen often enough to make hardcore mode impossible. Graphics is acceptable, nothing to get excited about. Giving this a 2 because it was at least kind of fun until you finish 3rd out of the 4 difficulty levels. Expand
  54. May 27, 2012
    I've tried to put up with all the issues but there are too many! 1. Story is mediocre.
    2. some very horrible dialogue. Especially when Diablo himself is talking like a stupid child.... seriously.
    3.lag spiking. and this is the only game that does this so its this game and not my internet. 4. Frame dropping.. sadly BF3, dirt 3, ME3 and every other game runs smooth D3 does not. Tried many
    4. Frame dropping.. sadly BF3, dirt 3, ME3 and every other game runs smooth D3 does not. Tried many diff video drivers and settings to no avail.
    5. End game video was pitiful for a diablo game. number of CG videos lacking.
    6. no real feel of improving. I've gone from 1500dps to 3000dps upgrade and there was none to little sensation of really destroying **** up. 7. Leveling and items seem to be fine drops are fine.
    8. music is lacking... i seem to notice only 3 songs...
    9. Audio doesn't work well with my 5.1 system... Every other game works fine. so this was depressing. And i never have audio problems with anythings. sigh.
    10.Auction House is horrible at best. It may work. but it probably won't. Then it will work oh wait its not. lol
    10.1 Support for cash auction house response ... call this number ... call number wait an hour. oh ya its not up yet. ask why it said on the box it was in game... no answer and then they freaking hanged up on me.
    10.2 when the auction house works it's not bad... if it works

11. random game kicks you out cause server problems. They're trying to fix it i get it... but just dont release the game if it can't be played properly damn it.

12. It's freaking DIABLO 3 not some cheap ass company that puts out ****ty games. Yet this game is flawed and needs too many fixes. I wish I had not bought this game. I have asked for my money back as I get too mad for the 1000th time the game lags when im battling some mobs and im dead again.... and again.... yeah that's sure fun.

I love Diablo 2, 1, Starcraft 1, 2, big esports guy but third time is not a charm for diablo series 4/10. 60% of the fun was lost from playing this game now....

Don't buy it now... buy it when it's finished.... if you have to...
  55. May 29, 2012
    Feels like half a game. Beat it in like 6 hours. Level cap comes really fast and end-game is not exciting. I give a 3 because I feel like Blizzard (Actvision) really didn't try and just wanted to capitalize on the huge fan base. It's really a disgrace to the series and a disgrace to the company that used to represent true games. Boo Blizzard for turning to GREED
  56. May 29, 2012
    Ultimately I am unsure why I paid money for a game that I can't ever play. Also, even when you can play it, the game is pretty much a MMO without any of the social aspects and just a massive grindfest.
  57. May 30, 2012
    Game play is constantly engaging. The never ending onslaught of monsters keep the action exciting. The graphics are just decent for 2012. My biggest concern about this game is the constant connection required to Blizzard servers. I have patiently withheld my score since release but the servers have been down most of the time I have wanted to play, thus the score of 4. You simply can'tGame play is constantly engaging. The never ending onslaught of monsters keep the action exciting. The graphics are just decent for 2012. My biggest concern about this game is the constant connection required to Blizzard servers. I have patiently withheld my score since release but the servers have been down most of the time I have wanted to play, thus the score of 4. You simply can't play a game that is unavailable. I am so glad I didn't shell out the extra money for the collector's edition. I only play Diablo in 2-player with my son. I wish there had been a local LAN option instead of this constant server requirement. Looks like I'll be waiting for Torchlight 2 which will be playable when it comes out at least. Or maybe even give Guild Wars 2 a shot. Sorry Bilzzard, you can do much better with your money and resources than what I've seen out of Diablo 3 so far. Expand
  58. May 30, 2012
    11 years waiting and $60 for this?! a HUGE disappointment: painfully short, simplistic story line, average graphics, bugs, servers down, etc, etc, etc ... I know, everything have been said here, but I just wanted to let some of my frustration out... expansion you said? Ha! It will have to be free to make me play it! and shame on you Metacritic for giving it a 89! wot a joke!
  59. May 30, 2012
    The game is addicting but I have major gripes with it regardless. the "RPG" part of diablo is gone; you cannot allocate skill or attribute points yourself anymore and itimisation is incredibly dumbed down, which takes a lot of the uniqueness out of the game and forces you into a cookie cutter build. Add into this that the game is quite short and the replay value is quite limited, which isThe game is addicting but I have major gripes with it regardless. the "RPG" part of diablo is gone; you cannot allocate skill or attribute points yourself anymore and itimisation is incredibly dumbed down, which takes a lot of the uniqueness out of the game and forces you into a cookie cutter build. Add into this that the game is quite short and the replay value is quite limited, which is a department where D2 shined. Worse, much, much worse, is the online requirement. There are at least 2 or 3 major outages every week, preventing me from playing at all or severely disrupting my gaming experience. on top of this, there is weekly maintenance which further disrupts my ability to play the game. Expand
  60. May 30, 2012
    The game is an unplayable mess, weeks after its release. Unable to log in, being booted out of a single player game, and an unrewarding experience when finally being able to play make this game a terrible disappointment.
    I am new to the Diablo series, and I am not impressed. Blizzard might have sold its last blockbuster game.
  61. Jun 1, 2012
    It's a really awesome game, but in my humble opinion, if exactly the same game was released by another company and another name, it wouldn't sell so much. Critic Reviews would have a much lower average score than 89 out of 100 because it wouldn't be a Blizzard game and on the other hand User Reviews would have a much higher score because people wouldn't have so high expectations from thisIt's a really awesome game, but in my humble opinion, if exactly the same game was released by another company and another name, it wouldn't sell so much. Critic Reviews would have a much lower average score than 89 out of 100 because it wouldn't be a Blizzard game and on the other hand User Reviews would have a much higher score because people wouldn't have so high expectations from this game. Personally, I will give this game an absolute ZERO, not because it is bad, but to protest against the constant DRM, because if this game is successful and people accept the online DRM, then all the companies will adopt this method to protect their games and eventually the games industry will be filled with games that we will only be able to play as long as these companies support them. Remember Tabula Rasha or other MMOs? Who can play these games now? Nobody. If you like games, then DON'T buy Diablo 3 and give Blizzard a lesson how to respect their customers. Expand
  62. Jun 1, 2012
    Let's talk seriously. B L I Z Z A R D S U C K. That's all.
    They made us wait for a game full of bugs, and too much related to an internet connection that is ****

I'm playing.... I lag.... The server kicks me out......... AND...... MY HARDCORE PG DIED.
    That's all. Blizzard has to pay, he **** has to pay for mocking a whole community of players.
  63. Jun 1, 2012
    Outdated. Ugly. Short. Boring. On harder difficulties literally MAKES you to use auction house. Can't play singleplayer without internet connection. Very expensive for PC game.
  64. Jun 1, 2012
    Truly disappointing lack of end game content as well as poorly thought out enemies and bosses in addition to bad item design make this a very short-lived game, hardly worth the 45 pound price point. (more details about the poor game design can be found in other reviews so I won't dwell on them here) The game's combat system and graphics are brilliant, however even if approached as a singleTruly disappointing lack of end game content as well as poorly thought out enemies and bosses in addition to bad item design make this a very short-lived game, hardly worth the 45 pound price point. (more details about the poor game design can be found in other reviews so I won't dwell on them here) The game's combat system and graphics are brilliant, however even if approached as a single player console game, this fails in replay value and longevity. Taken as an online multiplayer RPG game however (which is what diablo is meant to be) allows me to rate this game as I have done. The game does not achieve what it sets out to do and the price is extortionate, hence the low score. Expand
  65. Jun 2, 2012
    This game is a horrible excuse for a sequel. Diablo 1, Diablo 2, and Diablo 2:LOD had a very gritty, medieval/dark/horror art style. Diablo 3 on the other hand, still has the horror style, only done with a crayon. The game's art direction is a total "slap in the face" for any old school fan of the franchise. Many people bought computers, and equipment for Diablo 3's release. WhenThis game is a horrible excuse for a sequel. Diablo 1, Diablo 2, and Diablo 2:LOD had a very gritty, medieval/dark/horror art style. Diablo 3 on the other hand, still has the horror style, only done with a crayon. The game's art direction is a total "slap in the face" for any old school fan of the franchise. Many people bought computers, and equipment for Diablo 3's release. When servers went live, it was quite obvious that the multi-billion dollar company Blizzard was not prepared. Servers were overwhelmed, and I personally was not able to play the game due to login errors two hours after launch. The story is a absolute disgrace. Villains have a very campy feel to them, telling you they're exact plans and taunting you in such a way that it insults your intelligence. You can only play the game online, even though it was tested and designed to be a single player game. The real money auction house and the gold auction house is hit/miss with me. It works because there are no more community lobbies like there were in D2 to set up trades. This however, ruins the atmospheric fun in joining your own games from channel lists. Let it be known that the gold currency auction house was comptely inflated with people farming explotable "gold chests" that blizzard took over a week and a half to hotfix. These "gold chest" farming runs, allowed players to continuously farm the best loot in the game, with little if any effort. The result was a inflatuated market early on, with people selling items for the upmost of 20,000,000,000 gold peices. The game automatically throws you into a random public game, if you so choose to play multiplier. It is designed to allow you to pick a starting point in a quest, and join a public game from there. The feel of the "community" is like a ghost town because of it. You can only play with up to four players, which is half of what you could do with Diablo 2, for it had eight player coop.

The itemization is a joke. Once epic and sought after legendary's like Windforce and Grandfather are replaced by blue and rare items. Legendary items are no longer a viable option for they are always outclassed by a blue or yellow. There are no skill trees, stat systems, or anything that old school Diablo 1 and 2 players may remember.

After hitting 60, and beating the Hell difficulty mode, you are thrown into a mode called Inferno. Inferno makes it almost downright impossible to conquer without purchasing items that other players who found exploits early and profited from it on the gold currency auction house. In inferno, coming from Hell, you can expect to get two shotted by almost anything. Act 1 inferno is a rough thing to beat, but if you can manage to survive and farm it, the drops you will receive have no benefit what so ever towards the impossible brick wall that is Act 2 inferno. The progression of loot and drops vs the severity of challenge and impossibilities that lay ahead are overwhelming for most classes, where as wizard's and demon hunters can face-roll up to act 4 with little, if any, good gear.

The in game crafting system, blacksmiths, is an absolute joke. It skips item levels, and doesn't really provide you with anything worth investing in. From personal experience, I have sank almost all my gold into my crafting systems and I have yet to make anything that is even viable for Inferno.

All and all, Blizzard did not deliver a addition to one of they're most loved franchises, but a mere insult to old fans intelligence levels. If you haven't bought the game yet, and are a fan of D1, D2, or D2:LOD, I highly suggest you stay away from this game. Blizzard tried to reinvent the genre, and the franchise by not listening to the fans and making horrible design decisions, most likely biased off of the successive history of World of Warcraft.

2/10. Never buying another Blizzard product.
  66. Jun 3, 2012
    game is screwed up hardcore!

security breached and victims ingame become the faults also, fanboys and mercs hired to control forum is crazy! anyone with normal mind will not buy or play!
  67. Jun 2, 2012
    Typical neo-blizzard, ripped of concepts of other games, revived older ones from previous games. No work or passion put into this at all. Generic cash-grab. People need to wise up and look past labels and 'appearances' to see things for what they really are. It turned out to be exactly what the previews showed, a steaming pile of monkeysh$t. As these companies cut their throats betterTypical neo-blizzard, ripped of concepts of other games, revived older ones from previous games. No work or passion put into this at all. Generic cash-grab. People need to wise up and look past labels and 'appearances' to see things for what they really are. It turned out to be exactly what the previews showed, a steaming pile of monkeysh$t. As these companies cut their throats better companies with passionate creators are coming out with new and better things. Support the better companies. Expand
  68. Jun 2, 2012
    This is the biggest let down for a video game I have ever had. This game is not worthy of the title "Diablo". No world PvP. The drop rates are drastically reduced from the previous games. (As a way to force you into using the auction house, more specifically the real money auction house - Note: This was officially confirmed by D3 forum mods) There is no community, as there are noThis is the biggest let down for a video game I have ever had. This game is not worthy of the title "Diablo". No world PvP. The drop rates are drastically reduced from the previous games. (As a way to force you into using the auction house, more specifically the real money auction house - Note: This was officially confirmed by D3 forum mods) There is no community, as there are no tanglible chat rooms to hang out in, only a WoW based in-game chat box, which is usually filled with spam. This game is empty, and has no replay value. Don't waste your money, I think it's time to support a different company, and leave Blizzard to rot. Expand
  69. Jun 2, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a garbage collection simulator with a dumbed-down, uber-monetized Diablo clone tacked on as an afterthought, featuring TWO great big tacky gift shops full of overpriced crap conveniently located by the EXIT.

In a game about loot drops you can go to level 60 without ever finding a viable upgrade. Loot drops are deliberately withheld in order to force players to purchase all upgrades at the Auction House, for a 15% transaction fee. The loot you do find all has completely useless stats, and 10-15 levels lower than you throughout the game, providing the carrot on a stick. The entire game is loaded with conspicuously large money sinks that offer the false promise of another route to obtaining viable equipment, but end up costing a fortune and never end up providing any practical benefit.

The game makes extensive use of procedurally generated content, the product of random number generators, without any apparent thought given to whether the resulting content makes any sense. Examples: item stats uniformly suck, maps aren't very random at all, elite monster pack super-powers bypass skill and stats entirely. The "Inferno" difficulty setting seems to be little more than "a place-holder of infinite difficulty" to provide Blizzard time to finish the game after release, but of course players beat it right away and found that the loot there sucks as much as it has all along.

It is grind-tastic and cartoony pastel, as though it was made by the World of Warcraft team. Oh wait, it was!

At every opportunity for the game to reward the player, it instead rewards Activision/Blizzard. It is perverse. Do not buy. The game itself feels like it could have been slapped together in a year and every design decision appears to have favored their micro-transaction scheme over game design principles and player enjoyment.

While a major loot overhaul might make this game a lot more bearable to play in the short term, I do not expect to see meaningful changes in the near future, and even so it would certainly not be enough to make this game worthy of the name it bears. Activision has spent a fortune on marketing and buying positive mainstream reviews. I expect they will rely on that investment and generally refuse to acknowledge that this release is an utter disaster, so long as people are still buying it because they don't know any better. Don't be that guy.

Path of Exile is a much better game, currently in beta, and its developers are opposed to "PAY2WIN".

RIP Blizzard
  70. Jun 3, 2012
    Not worth the 60 dollars. It is nothing like Diablo2 at all and is completely linear. Expect boring guided gameplay with little to no customization. Also you are forced to use AH to progress in the game. Terrible thing Jay Wilson has done to the Diablo franch
  71. Jun 3, 2012
    Continuously pushed back for "polishing", no attributes, limited amount of skills to be used, no commitment made to character progression, no PvP on release (duels/hostile flagging included), absolutely broken itemization, tedious affixes to mobs in higher difficulties, no skill required (only gear check), Bobby Kotick auctions, broken auction house with terrible UI, hacking issues (noContinuously pushed back for "polishing", no attributes, limited amount of skills to be used, no commitment made to character progression, no PvP on release (duels/hostile flagging included), absolutely broken itemization, tedious affixes to mobs in higher difficulties, no skill required (only gear check), Bobby Kotick auctions, broken auction house with terrible UI, hacking issues (no experience first-hand), server downtime, no offline mode, awful latency, nerfing classes instead of fixing others, worthless legendaries which they are going to "fix", garbage graphics for all Windows ME users, story was a letdown (I've read the Sin War trilogy, so I don't say it lightly), required to hit Esc everytime they have their worthless dialogue, sudden appearance of the "Thieves Guild", random server shutdowns wiping Nephalem Valor stacks, and class imbalances.

That is just a small list of the issues that I have found while playing the game, and I could continue listing things had I nothing to do. The rest of the the reviews are evidence enough to not want to buy the game. Diablo 3 should not have even been released in its' current state, and it saddens me that Blizzard would ruin such an excellent franchise. The once noticeable distinctions between Activison and Blizzard have become non-existent since the buyout. This will be the last product I receive from them.
  72. Jun 3, 2012
    Diablo 3 has strayed so far away from its predecessors, that itâ
  73. Jun 3, 2012
    Downloaded the game the night before release. Got home from work the following day ready to play. I should have taken it as a bad omen that I had to wait 3 hours while Blizzard performed emergency server repairs. Diablo 3 is an abysmal sequel in the Diablo franchise. Removing character customization has given the game zero replay value. For a while I thought the blacksmithing might beDownloaded the game the night before release. Got home from work the following day ready to play. I should have taken it as a bad omen that I had to wait 3 hours while Blizzard performed emergency server repairs. Diablo 3 is an abysmal sequel in the Diablo franchise. Removing character customization has given the game zero replay value. For a while I thought the blacksmithing might be a nice touch, but you can't actually craft much gear for your own use. The random attributes negates all benefit of crafting. Not to mention that training and increasing the level of both blacksmithing & gemcrafting carries over to ALL your characters. That alone removes another challenge of starting a new character...just have your main craft all the gear you need (which will cost a fortune to finally get the attributes you want) and then stick them in the communal stash. The auction house is a joke, there is minimal map randomization, rare items are useless, no single player play...the list goes on.

That being said, I opened a ticket requesting a refund and am expecting my money back any day now. Back to playing D2!
  74. Jun 3, 2012
    Diablo 3 is maximum boring and redundancy. Diablo 2 is a better installment in the series, while Diablo 3 loses any semblance of seriousness in the environment and characters. I wish I hadn't spent $60 on it, it totally does not live up to the previous games, and is nothing but a total snore fest. Blizzard and gameplay are like oil and water, they just don't go together. Same thing is toDiablo 3 is maximum boring and redundancy. Diablo 2 is a better installment in the series, while Diablo 3 loses any semblance of seriousness in the environment and characters. I wish I hadn't spent $60 on it, it totally does not live up to the previous games, and is nothing but a total snore fest. Blizzard and gameplay are like oil and water, they just don't go together. Same thing is to be said for Blizzard and dialog, as Blizzard just seems to suck at it in every game they make. If you're thinking about buying this game, save your money. Diablo 3 won't cure your boredom, it'll just make you kick yourself that you're down $60 as well. Expand
  75. Jun 3, 2012
    Here it is: Bad story, game is on rails, you must be online to play (when the servers are working), and in order to advance you have to use the AH to get gear...a big step backwards from D2. Activision made D3 to make money, not please there customers and feels repetitive after normal mode. All your gear will come from the AH, nothing is soul bound, and the REAL MONEY AH will cause youHere it is: Bad story, game is on rails, you must be online to play (when the servers are working), and in order to advance you have to use the AH to get gear...a big step backwards from D2. Activision made D3 to make money, not please there customers and feels repetitive after normal mode. All your gear will come from the AH, nothing is soul bound, and the REAL MONEY AH will cause you to spend real money to beat the game...better to play a F2P game. Expand
  76. Jun 4, 2012
    I give a 0 score because this is the only way I can protest against the on-line single player thing. Just imagine that you pay for something what's only playable as long as Blizzard supports it. Blizzard may go bankrupt one day and you can then wipe your ass with the 60â
  77. Jun 5, 2012
    Nothing but rehashed. Ok you beat the game now beat it agian and agian and agian. Just same thing over and over. Worse then wow dailys. After i Beat it once i was not gonna do it over and over. Blizz should of spent more time on the game instead of what they did . Very fail indeed
  78. Jun 6, 2012
    This was a truely terrible game. It starts out fine but you soon realise that you have wasted 60$ of your hard earned chash. The game is supprisinly pathed. There is hardly any room to explore.

The game is based around the action house, it is nearly impossible to progress without hours of countles grind attempts just in hopes for gear in later difficulties. Cartoonie graphics. There is a

Cartoonie graphics. There is a level full of ponnies teddie bears and unicorns. I kid you not.

I am highly dissapointed and mad at this game. Made enough i made a account to review this game.
  79. Jun 7, 2012
    Well this was a 12 year preparation for kick in a crotch. Really wtf is this pile of random clicking to make a game. Thanks for that it really was a good expirience not to preorder anything anymore
  80. Jun 8, 2012
    Tedious, extremely easy, popcorn trash. The cynical uber-greedy business model surrounding this plague is also utterly sickening. People with minds and souls avoid.
  81. Jun 9, 2012
    I enjoyed diablo 1 and 2 and i thought D3 was going to be great.
    Game is broken full of bugs and there is no fun with it.
    It is based on AH and RMAH ( Auction House - Real money Auction House)
    so blizzard would earn more money. The game took too long to come out and it is still at beta Blizzard should be ashamed
  82. Jun 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to admit when I saw this game preview for the first time, I was like this is going to be an awesome game! Being a player of Diablo Series I was very excited to get my hands on D3, but it really only turned out to being a disappointment. For as long as this game was held back, I believe 10 years or so in development, the game is quite bad. Sure the graphics/sounds/abilities are an upgrade from the old Diablo.....but that's really not saying much. The talent system is your typical cookie cutter system that will be in WoW MoP and to me is garbage because it lacks creativity and customization of your own character. ***Edit*****Lets face it we don't look into talent trees really to gain stats....it's to gain bad ass abilities! Players, and hey I may be old fashion, want to jump, break the ground, shake the earth, do massive dmg in a fun way. Not to the point where the game is face roll but where it is enjoyable to the player (It's a fine line I know) Diablo doesn't deliver on many levels to me. The story line is absolutely horrendous, (*spoiler* ) seriously, one of the most iconic people in the history of gaming...Tyrael you make human, and not only did you make him human blizz, you made him human in the "final chapter" of the game. I mean that's cool; that's like taking Predator and making him look like Bambi. I really do wish they took the time to not make your toon look like a cartoon character, I mean come on blizz this series plateaued you guys to the next level before WoW, you really could not do this game "Justice" (no pun intended) and take this game to the next level! One thing that was completely unacceptable to me was the lack of effort put into the multi-player aspect of the game. I mean normally we all expect there to be some errors don't get me wrong, but man holy cow there were a lot. Now typically you'd expect this from other companies, but come on not one that runs two of the biggest Mmorpgs in the world (WoW / SC 2). Also, the legalized selling of gold is sad, that means to me that people have gotten so lazy that they can no longer play the game and achieve gear but they have to buy it, please stop spoon feeding people everything blizzard. I am sick and tired of making classic challenging games from, well I'll say the majority of people who write reviews here, childhoods and allowing them to be played by infants. There is absolutely no skill involved in this game and the fighting system in this game is a joke. Also, when you played Diablo way back when, there was a level of creepiness to it. You know, it was dark you couldn't see what was in front of you, the world had been plagued into the abyss, and there were cows with scythe's trying to beat you down. Needless to say I am very disappointed with the installment of the series, shame on you blizz for letting an amazing legacy of game fall by the waste side. Expand
  83. Jun 9, 2012
    Pros:
    The Music
    Cons: - Lots of rubberbanding - Lots of server downtime (two seperate downtimes to apply patches? no thanks) - Too many bugs for a "release" including random deaths to unknowns, massive player hitboxes, damage of abilities growing larger than the graphics - Balanced around buying items off the auction house - 99% of the loot is garbage - ALL legendary weapons are garbage -
    Pros:
    The Music

Cons:
    - Lots of rubberbanding
    - Lots of server downtime (two seperate downtimes to apply patches? no thanks)
    - Balanced around buying items off the auction house
    - 99% of the loot is garbage
    - ALL legendary weapons are garbage
    - Story written by a 5 year old
    - Blizzard does NOT inform customers about hotfixes
  84. Jun 17, 2012
    DO NOT BUY IT! I waited for this game not as a crazy fun, but still waited. Got it and... was terribly disappoined. When some time ago my friends discussed how a single player mode could still require network connection, I laughted at them, because these days almost every single PC is connected. Just now I realized how wrong was I and how right they were. The game is absolutely IMPOSSIBLEDO NOT BUY IT! I waited for this game not as a crazy fun, but still waited. Got it and... was terribly disappoined. When some time ago my friends discussed how a single player mode could still require network connection, I laughted at them, because these days almost every single PC is connected. Just now I realized how wrong was I and how right they were. The game is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to play because of disconnects and lags, even if you try to play just a little, just for fun, just alone. With these lags even by the time you reach end of Act 2, the game becomes something like "Spawn, freeze, wait, wait, wait, see your corpse". As for me, once per 15 minutes the game disconnects and forces you to start again from the checkpoint. Damn it! I prefer to explore everything, run in every corner and track (on minimap) where I have been. With these disconnects it is impossible, you always start on a new randomly generated map, scout about 30-40% of it and... disconnect again to start anew. Forget about completing everything, try to reach the next scenario milestone before it disconnects again. I am very happy for Blizz that they decided to make even more bucks on real-money auction houses and introduced online gaming to prevent hacking, but guys, I don't want to pay for your greed. I was never a fan of spending real money on virtual sh*t (wow, you just paid $$$ for that cool armor in diablo? wow! you are so cool, man, paying your real earnings for some set of bytes on Blizzard servers rocks! :)), and now you force me into lowered gaming experience because of your greed? Block my access to those stupid auctions, but give me normal gaming experience, for which I payed a considerable sum to you.
    In-game graphics sucks. So many talking about "working 10+ years to give the best experience" and we still have static cartoon portraits of NPCs?!
    A complete disappointment. Even not reaching the end of Normal difficulty I already regret about losing my money on that sh*t.
  85. Jun 18, 2012
    I do not buy a lot of games but I was really looking forward to this game after having played Diablo 1 and 2 in the past. I wish I could get my money back frankly. The fact that I have to always be connected to the game servers to play solo is just dumb. It actually wouldn't be so bad except that apparently in this case always connected also means always connected at high bandwidth withI do not buy a lot of games but I was really looking forward to this game after having played Diablo 1 and 2 in the past. I wish I could get my money back frankly. The fact that I have to always be connected to the game servers to play solo is just dumb. It actually wouldn't be so bad except that apparently in this case always connected also means always connected at high bandwidth with no latency. I never had a problem with lag on steam protected games playing solo. If my wife checks facebook in the other room on her tablet, I literally get killed from lag. How dumb is that? Plus the loot drops are without a doubt planned around the RMAH so that you can't find good enough gear. Ever. Literally. Not in a million years of farming. How dumb is that? You can of course take this all to the Blizzard Diablo III forum where you will find that Blizzard's presence on their own forum is most noticeable by the high volume of threads they delete and not at all by the smallest fraction in which they actually respond. Expand
  86. Jun 18, 2012
    This game could be a 10 star but there are so many failures it just doesn't warrant the high rating. From the fact that it is not playable in single player mode to be played offline is disappointing. The loot drops are COMPLETELY random... I am 60 in Act III of Hell Difficulty and have never looted or even seen a set item drop, nor have I ever had or looted a Legendary item. The pricesThis game could be a 10 star but there are so many failures it just doesn't warrant the high rating. From the fact that it is not playable in single player mode to be played offline is disappointing. The loot drops are COMPLETELY random... I am 60 in Act III of Hell Difficulty and have never looted or even seen a set item drop, nor have I ever had or looted a Legendary item. The prices which are driven by lunatics have the I game gold costs so insanely high to (in my opinion) entice people to the real money auctions to have a hope in hell to get a weapon or armor upgrade is beyond disappointing. I have not looted a upgrade to my gear since about level 30. The stuff that drops is utter crap... Low damage or retarded combinations with the randomized stats makes most of what drops as useless. The crafting is equally useless as the stats just do not compete with the stuff on the auction house. The game is so unpolished and unbalanced it has already turned into shovel ware for me. Diablo, and Diablo II were fantastic games that I got hundreds of hours of play and replay - Diablo III has zero interest from me to reload it. So, on to the next game as this one was a huge letdown. Expand
  87. Jun 18, 2012
    Who decided that this was worth $60, why do I equip a spear for the monk and he uses his fists? Why do I need someone to hold my hand through the first 10 levels? Why do I need to be online for a single player game? Why does the graphical detail look like it
  88. Jun 19, 2012
    Given my experience with Starcraft and Warcraft, I was expecting a lot more from Blizzard here. While the game looks great and is fun for the first three playthroughs (Normal, Nightmare, Hell), the final mode (Inferno) sends enemies at you that can have combinations of abilities that are impossible to beat on a given class type, even when well-geared. This is not fun at all - I wouldGiven my experience with Starcraft and Warcraft, I was expecting a lot more from Blizzard here. While the game looks great and is fun for the first three playthroughs (Normal, Nightmare, Hell), the final mode (Inferno) sends enemies at you that can have combinations of abilities that are impossible to beat on a given class type, even when well-geared. This is not fun at all - I would have preferred to see difficulty increase in a way that rewards skill over luck of the draw, so that I could improve my chances with practice.

Additionally, they just recently (v1.03) modified the attack speed stat, such that my expensive purchase (all the gold I had in the game) for two legendary set piece weapons (Danetta's Oath) are now practically useless, and I cannot recover my investment as they are no longer desirable to anyone on the auction house. Rather than spend hours or real money re-gearing my character, I'm just going to move on to another title.
  89. mkx
    Jun 20, 2012
    Short version: graphics suck, story is bad, voice-acting is terrible, gameplay is somewhat decent, animation is fluid and polished, single player lag is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever experienced in any game I have played to date, auction house (especially for real money) is stupid. This is an arcade-style multiplayer loot game, not a serious RPG. Playing it offline is likeShort version: graphics suck, story is bad, voice-acting is terrible, gameplay is somewhat decent, animation is fluid and polished, single player lag is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever experienced in any game I have played to date, auction house (especially for real money) is stupid. This is an arcade-style multiplayer loot game, not a serious RPG. Playing it offline is like playing Battlefield or Call of Duty offline.
    Long version: As soon as I got the game running, I went into my graphics settings and was shocked to find that everything was already set to the highest level. The graphics are honestly that bad. At some points in the game, you run across staircases that do not even look three-dimensional; this is unacceptable for a supposedly triple-A, multi-million dollar title. Graphically speaking, this game would have looked outdated in 2008. If I had to describe them, I would call them cartoony, somewhat-improved isometric WoW graphics. Of course, there are many reasons other than graphics to play a game. Sadly, Diablo III is lacking in almost all of the major aspects that make a game worth playing. The story is lackluster and fails to engage. Character customization is fairly limited until you get to level 60. The voice-acting is honestly terrible. The dialogue is juvenile. I'm playing a Wizard and it angers me how **** arrogant, and one-dimensional my character seems. The voiceless text of Diablo II made for far better narration.
    Numerous technical aspects detract from the game, chief among them SINGLE PLAYER LAG. Honestly Blizzard, what the flying $&^@? I cannot even begin to put into words how infuriating it is to be getting off all of these awesome combos and skillfully executed monster killchains only to die, through no fault of your own, to lag, in single player, and then be sent back to wherever you were the last time the game saved, which could have been five or ten minutes ago at the entrance to the dungeon or area.
    The game is fun only when played correctly: with two or more friends and a couple of beers, clearing areas you
  90. Jun 20, 2012
    Huge disappointment. I've had crashing problems, slowness problems, lag problems.. and those are just the technical issues! The game seems like a money grab. It's not fun. I expected much more for $60.
  91. Jun 20, 2012
    The game was ok until you got to the last two difficulties of the game, especially the final one. Things are so out of wack the game is pretty much unplayable with certain classes. After the last patch they made so many bad decisions and made the game so much worse it's astonishing this this a Blizzard game. SOLID 0.
  92. Jun 20, 2012
    piece of poop with a stinky $$ sign on it. canT wait for tourlight2. already uninstalled this disgrace from my PC.piece of poop with a stinky $$ sign on it. canT wait for tourlight2. already uninstalled this disgrace from my PC.piece of poop with a stinky $$ sign on it. canT wait for tourlight2. already uninstalled this disgrace from my PC.
  93. Jun 26, 2012
    So many people have already expressed how I view this game that any web search will bring up a plethora of sites and commentary to illustrate my negative view on the game.

My history: - I'm a 37 yr old father of four. - I've played the Diablo franchise since it was first released in 1996. - I avidly followed the development of this game since it was announced in 2008. - I was a

My history:

- I'm a 37 yr old father of four.
    - I've played the Diablo franchise since it was first released in 1996.
    - I was a Beta tester, albeit I got in late on the beta testing due to the lottery system that was in place.
    - I have been playing Diablo 3 since it went live 5-15-12.
    - I have over 400 hours on D3 since beta.
    - I am in school currently for software development- gaming software.

I have tried, over and over again, to get past the inherent flaws of the game and have voiced my observations and opinions on the Battle.net forums to no end. I have also went out of my way to play this game despite the issues in the hopes Blizzard would take the necessary steps to fix the game. No such fix has come, and it has become apparent that Blizzard isn't looking to change at all, but to keep the platform as it stands and do little, if anything, about the problems the game has.

Like I have stated, many others have articulated my perspective on the game to such an extent that anything I say will become lost in the chorus of outcry. I can't express how much disappointment I feel when I think about what was Diablo 3 in development and what Diablo 3 is currently.

If you are considering buying Diablo 3, please reconsider. The game is not what is/was advertised and, even though you may find some enjoyment early on, it will quickly dissipate and you will regret your purchase.
  94. Jun 27, 2012
    Very boring and repetitive game. I doubt Blizzard will fix this.. Don't get it.. you have been warned.. Game play is good though so I give a 3 but still it's not worth 60.
  95. Jul 2, 2012
    I bought the game on launch day and have played a good amount of it. Its not fun at all. Normal mode through hell mode are extremely easy and then when you get to inferno its impossibly difficult. the game has been geared towards Blizzard making money on the real money auction house and leaves you three options of moving through inferno. 1)Farm Act1 endlessly and prey you find gear beforeI bought the game on launch day and have played a good amount of it. Its not fun at all. Normal mode through hell mode are extremely easy and then when you get to inferno its impossibly difficult. the game has been geared towards Blizzard making money on the real money auction house and leaves you three options of moving through inferno. 1)Farm Act1 endlessly and prey you find gear before diablo 4 comes out. 2) you farm enough gold to buy gear on the gold auction house, where gear is going for 20x what its worth. or 3) you pull out your credit card and buy DIGITAL gear for REAL money. I bit the bullet and farmed gold until i was able to buy some gear. the gear i bought had a stat called attack speed and a few days later, blizzard decided attack speed was too useful and they cut it in HALF, undoing all the work i had done. do yourself a favor and just forget about this one. listen to the people not the critics this is a game that takes many many many hours that the critics obviously are not putting in. Expand
  96. Jul 3, 2012
    Diablo 2 = lots of fun
    Diablo 3 = not very much fun

Seemples

Makes an absolute mockery of the "critic reviews" here. How any fan and player of Diablo 1 & 2 can review Diablo 3 positively is beyond me.
  97. Jul 11, 2012
    I feel the same as all the other negative reviwers. so not gonna repeat it. Dont like it, not Diablo worthy.
    Played it through ones and that was more than enough. Only finnished it becaouse it felt wrong not to
  98. Jul 13, 2012
    OK Hack and slash, but frankly, much to moan about:
    OK Hack and slash, but frankly, much to moan about:
    1) needing an internet connexion to play in SINGLE player modus... Awesome... I can bring the game on vacation .... not.... 2) story line... quite predictable... 3) Graphics... reminds of wow, not my cup of tea. 4) Not being able to save quickly.... Nice when you have a RL and a family.... Either go back to the beginning of the section you were playing or sleep on the doormat ... or let the baby burn in the crib (YES, it was a JOKE!) 5) Loot distribution is quite pitiful, to say the least. Positive:
    1) The cut scenes are very nicely done, graphically speaking
    2) It is nice to slaughter baddies
  99. Jul 14, 2012
    Disappointing, not up to standard for modern games. Act 1 had a lot going for it with a lot of destructible items and traps you can trigger on enemies. After Act 1 the detail drops off and you can tell less effort was put in. Changes to items after launch have and bugs have made a mess of the economy. Below standard from Blizzard... I blame the Activision takeover.
  100. Jul 14, 2012
    Simplified to the point that it can't be called an RPG, D3 failed to keep me entertained they way it was supposed to. Pay to win system removes any sense of achievement, or desire to achieve anything noteworthy. And the writing sucks like nothing else.

1. Aug 31, 2012