Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Dec 29, 2013
    Worst RPG ever. Beautiful artwork but the mechanics and the endgame sucks hard. Reaper of souls is gonna be even worse than the vanilla. The new Crusader class is boring. Most of the skills are copied from the other ones. Act5 is cool but one act doesn't fix the game. Now the only end game is going to be rifts and bounties which are boring and not enough rewarding. Everything is accountWorst RPG ever. Beautiful artwork but the mechanics and the endgame sucks hard. Reaper of souls is gonna be even worse than the vanilla. The new Crusader class is boring. Most of the skills are copied from the other ones. Act5 is cool but one act doesn't fix the game. Now the only end game is going to be rifts and bounties which are boring and not enough rewarding. Everything is account bound. Public games sucks, no benefits for being in a clan. I played the closed beta of the expansion and I am really disappointed. It doesn't worth the money. Expand
  2. Dec 29, 2013
    Diablo 3 was good for about 7 days of gameplay, and that's it. Tremendous disappointment, stay far, far away from this and its upcoming expansion.

Here's a list of the major issues: 1) Online DRM. Leads to you not being able to play your single player game when servers are frequently down. Also you get some lag hiccups which can cause character deaths and slow down in the action.

Here's a list of the major issues:

2) Loot drops terrible. Blizzard's goal seems to be to have all players buy their gear on the real money auction house. Loot drops are plentiful garbage, with next to nothing being something you would use. 99% of my gear came from the gold auction house. This is basically an E-bay simulator, not an ARPG. I suspect Blizzard creates loot and posts it themselves on the RMAH to make more money.

3) Minimal randomization. Most of each map is the same everytime, have a few minor variations on sections.

4) Very short game. You can do a run through in a few hours of all four acts. Add point #3 to this and it makes the game boring.

5) Next to no character customization, again what's the point in playing this again?

The combat system is good, but sadly the rest of the game is not. We waited 10 years for this?
  3. Dec 27, 2013
    Diablo II is one of my favorite games and certainly the game I spent most time on, so I had certain expectations for this game and sadly it disappointed many of those.

The good: * The graphics and in-game interface are great. There's really not much to complain about here: The game looks good and the interface has many comfort features that make managing the items and character very

The good:
    * The graphics and in-game interface are great. There's really not much to complain about here: The game looks good and the interface has many comfort features that make managing the items and character very easy.

The bad:
    * Always online. There's no point in making a game that can be played alone need an internet connection. Also, the servers (Europe) have a very poor performance, even a year after the release.
    * No character customization. No stat points, no skill points. Once you're level 60, there's no reason to play the same character class again. Which leads directly to the next point:
    * No replayability. If you want your character different, you can just change the skills and items. The story is boring and the maps are always the same, too, so that doesn't exactly help.
    * Max level is too low. Absolutely stupid decision to make 60 the max level. They tried to fix it with the paragon levels, but that's just a small patch for a completely broken leveling system. Of course there will be higher levels in the expansion, why else would players buy it? Totally sad marketing strategy.
    * No ladder. Seriously? The ladder and the competition and friends that came with it was one of the greatest things about Diablo II.
    * Only 4 players per game and no open PvP.
    * No custom game names and very bad lobby interface (thanks to consoles). To create or join a game, you need to select difficulty, monster power, act and quest. That gives you about a million different combinations and with only a few thousand players online, chances are your game will be empty. All that, because consoles don't have a keyboard. Great.
    * Boring and predictable story. Not that an ARPG needs a great story, but they f*cked it up nonetheless by trying too hard.
    * No random outdoor maps. I can run through most of the game with the eyes closed by now, because the maps are always the same, except for a few randomized spots.
    * Real money auction house. The auction house is great, but including real money was a bad and greedy choice by Blizzard. Players didn't like it so instead of just removing the real money part, they will remove the whole auction house (no doubt because database queries require many servers and now that they don't make any more money with the auction house...). Greedy f*cks.
    * Removal of auction house in March 2014. Now players will get scammed on websites again when they trade items. Great.

All I really wanted was Diablo II with better graphics and interface. Diablo II had millions of fans for a good reason, but that wasn't good enough for Bli$$ard, so they went ahead and casualized the game to squeeze out every dollar they possibly can. I hope they noticed that it's going to bite them in the *ss in the long run.

The metacritic ratings tell the real story. Almost 9000 reviews. Average score 3.8. Yeah. Good f*cking job.
  4. Dec 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. one word: boring.
    ok good multiplayer and servers. no bugs. good matches numbers.
    but...
    farming with almost no results for hundreds hours, flipping in ah, spending real money when frustrated by no valuable drops.
    everybody with same builds, same items, same map path to grind. no variety. little rewards.
    and now...a addon at a high price adding features that should simply be a free patch...trying to fix the game deleting the ah, after more than a year.
    i won t buy RoS. that's for sure
  5. Dec 24, 2013
    Once you reach level 60 and you get good gear game gets booooooring. Specially when u play over and over again on same acts, Act 1 is the best in my oppinion, 2 was ok, 3 was mixed feelings and 4 is disaster, short and crap. first 2 acts has a bit of a story the rest was kill kill kill and kill the diablo done. It is way easier to get a good gear now then it was published. Now there's anOnce you reach level 60 and you get good gear game gets booooooring. Specially when u play over and over again on same acts, Act 1 is the best in my oppinion, 2 was ok, 3 was mixed feelings and 4 is disaster, short and crap. first 2 acts has a bit of a story the rest was kill kill kill and kill the diablo done. It is way easier to get a good gear now then it was published. Now there's an expansion coming out which will make game more interesting and probably more fun to play but the price is way overpriced 40$ 40€ which is worst for EU). Anyway I don't think this game scored more then 3/10 with expansion 7/10 probably. Blizzard is kinda rip of with their pricing strategy and turned a "OK" game into "Disaster". I wont recommend players purchasing much money on expansion, maybe wait for its price to drop then purchase. Expand
  6. Dec 15, 2013
    It would make a very solid hack & slash RPG except that all of the content other than equipment runs out in under four hours of gameplay.

I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. Especially not a Diablo fan.
  7. Dec 14, 2013
    Fun if you are a first timer to this genre, repetitive mindless hack slash otherwise. I liked this game a lot until I noticed that I had to be connected to the internet to play it even single player. So this game has lot of DRM (digital rights mgmt), which means that you may pay full price for the game, but the game is never truly yours to own, because it is constantly dependent on aFun if you are a first timer to this genre, repetitive mindless hack slash otherwise. I liked this game a lot until I noticed that I had to be connected to the internet to play it even single player. So this game has lot of DRM (digital rights mgmt), which means that you may pay full price for the game, but the game is never truly yours to own, because it is constantly dependent on a valid log in to the developers servers. One day someone hacked my game acct. and they closed the game down on, after-which Blizzard (game developer) sent me an email stating that if I want to keep playing I have to but a completely new copy of the game. I thought that was very disrespectful considering that game security is their responsibility. I advise buying a similar game on steam or origin to avoid it getting taken away from you, because as it turns out Blizzard gets hacked a lot and therefore shuts down many innocent costumer's accts. but keeps all royalties for themselves. Expand
  8. Dec 10, 2013
    I bought D3 on the ps3 with the intention of receiving a new and refreshing gameplay experience but unfortunately after putting several hours in, I discovered that the game is super repetitive. D3 involves doing a lot of the same thing without having any real change and doesn't reward exploration due to the maps linear progression... but anyway you can invest in another video game thatI bought D3 on the ps3 with the intention of receiving a new and refreshing gameplay experience but unfortunately after putting several hours in, I discovered that the game is super repetitive. D3 involves doing a lot of the same thing without having any real change and doesn't reward exploration due to the maps linear progression... but anyway you can invest in another video game that feels great and doesn't waste your time or moneys. Expand
  9. Dec 3, 2013
    After playing the game until inferno at release i can safely say that that this games only redeeming factor is the loot system and still during that time it wasn't without its issues. Now for the bad, this game took over 10 years to make and yet somehow they managed to significantly dumb down the game play and limit builds in the process, they also made the huge mistake of patching theAfter playing the game until inferno at release i can safely say that that this games only redeeming factor is the loot system and still during that time it wasn't without its issues. Now for the bad, this game took over 10 years to make and yet somehow they managed to significantly dumb down the game play and limit builds in the process, they also made the huge mistake of patching the game as if it was is an mmo completely nerfing many character builds into the ground multiple times and forcing people to re-roll their characters due to the lack of a re-spec system, whilst i agree their shouldn't be a need for one if they couldn't get the balance right after all the closed beta it should have been a no-brainier.

Greed seems to be the root of a majority of this games issues, the always online nasty as DRM was only implemented because blizzard wanted to cash in on their real money auction house, similar to what steam does with their market transaction by taking a fixed of each sale.Obviously if cheating isn't controlled then this system wont be able to make money hence the always online DRM. My problem with this is that the game isn't and was never meant to be an mmo and blizzard offers absolutely no benefit to the game being online, they even promised PvP and it took them over a year to implement, still in its current form it's a complete joke and not what anyone expected. The server issues that the game still has to this day (added latency in single player for no reason, hc characters dying due to lag-spikes) and had during launch aren't worth mentioning because it should have never had the requirement to be online in the first place or there should have at least been an option to play with an offline and local lan only character ie; a ranked and non-ranked system.

Even if you can look past all of the above and still want to play the game because like me you loved diablo 1 and 2 and have waited 10 years for this shiny new rendition (obviously not the case or you would have played it by now) you will still be disappointed by the limited game play, severely dated and cartoony graphics and animations ripped straight from wow that completely kill the dark atmosphere the first games did so well to create. At no point in the game was there ever a remotely scary or creepy moment, if anything it felt childish and while the musical scores were ok they matter little in the grand scheme of things and do nothing to wash away the foul stench of this colossal failure.

I have not met a single dungeon crawler fan who would be willing to give this game a positive review.
  10. Nov 29, 2013
    Blizzard just want your money, they spend millions on advertisement and game-trailers to make you buy the game, once you get it? BAM! All the things they advertised on is gone, and now they have another DLC to drain more of your money, just get Path of Exile if you like A-RPGs and want to enjoy it without dumb pay to win and boring storytelling grinds
  11. Nov 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There’re so many failings with this travesty of a Diablo game that it's difficult to know where to start, I'll start with my biggest gripe about this game:

1) The necessity to farm items to stand even the slightest chance against certain enemies: you will, pretty often, run up against groups of 3 or 4 champion enemies that will teleport to surround you then wall you in then multiply so for each one you engaged there is now six then use a spell like decimate or poison and hey presto you're dead in the blink of an eye (this could be fixed if blizzard did one of the following: made the enemies spells less powerful, reduced the total number of possible powers an enemy can have or stopped some effect pairings), this gets compounded by the never ending lag: you go to engage an enemy, the picture judders a bit and all of a sudden you're waiting to re-spawn.

2) Did I mention the ever present lag? I’m pretty sure it did.

3) The characters are all pretty standard, there is very little difference between them past their active attributes: only 2 stats are worth bothering with for each character type, the rest are pretty much useless.

4) The items are much of a muchness, even with 1.4 patch it’s still a world of nerf away from being any good.

5) The story line is pretty boring and unoriginal.

6) The lesser evils you face off against are clichéd, two dimensional and don’t really fit their reputations: Azmodan, according to the game’ lore, is hell’ chief strategist yet can’t stop himself from telling you his whole plan, Belial can’t lie for s**t, is transparent, predictable and massively boring. Even Diablo sucks and in this title he’s supposed to have all the powers of the 7 evils for f**k sake.

7) This game loses all playability after the first time round, to be honest it was a struggle to even get through the first play through.
  12. Nov 27, 2013
    as a hardcore gamer my expectations were short lived when things on this game just seemed more overpowered, many over redundant, many skills obvious in choices and end game items narrowed down to the ONE and ONLY strongest Axe (skorn) in the game.
  13. Nov 25, 2013
    Diablo 3 is lite-WOW game very boring, simple, poor graphics, with lots of bugs and online problems.
    Don't waste your time and money on this and ROS addition.
  14. Nov 25, 2013
    Incredibly underwhelming. Not worth your time or money. Cartoony, lacks depth, lacks character, storyline was terrible, zero replayability, the dullest ARPG I've picked up in a long time about as bad as Space Siege.
  15. Nov 23, 2013
    I want to give the game a zero but I did play and enjoy the game at launch for the first few weeks which is something. The problem is the game was no depth, no length and no width. The graphics and content look doesn't match the subject matter. It plays like a 1-2 day console game when it's predecessor was a never-ending dungeon crawling masterpiece. The items and skills system is soI want to give the game a zero but I did play and enjoy the game at launch for the first few weeks which is something. The problem is the game was no depth, no length and no width. The graphics and content look doesn't match the subject matter. It plays like a 1-2 day console game when it's predecessor was a never-ending dungeon crawling masterpiece. The items and skills system is so painfully simple and dull there is no customization or separation between builds. Everyone uses exactly the same skills and stats because the rest are terrible.

There is really not much else to say and nothing adding an adventure mode, removing the AH and more levels can do to save this game. RoS is another cash grab for Blizzard by telling gamers what they want to hear, there is no potential here.
  16. Nov 21, 2013
    Horrible. I haven't played the game in a year and I am still offended how Blizzard conned me out of my 60.00 for their POS-10-year-in-the-making follow up to D2. The number of things that are bad about this game are many but surely the pay-to-win auction house was the worst, most offensively greedy thing in the gaming world ever. I will never buy a Blizzard game again.
  17. Nov 21, 2013
    The huge disparity between the "professional" reviews and the user reviews you tell you enough... This game has the money and backing and is being sold in every direction possible but ask any fan of the diablo franchise what they thought about this game and they will hold back their tears as they tell you about the single most disappointing event in their gaming careers.
  18. Nov 19, 2013
    I loved Diablo 2 and the LoD expansion, but this game is just a flimsy shell of a once great franchise. Removal of LAN mode and offline single player mode, all in the name of reducing piracy rates, is just appalling. I have constant lag while playing alone, and the servers are down for maintenance nearly every weekend when I want to play (2am-5am). PS3 version has offline mode, why can't the PC?
  19. Nov 18, 2013
    Its just not the game I was expecting. They shouldn't have even called it Diablo. This could be its own game with how different it is from D2.
    I like deep immersive game play, and Diablo 3 just runs short. The game feels scheduled, and I don't like that.
  20. Nov 17, 2013
    Expensive and disappointing.DRM sucks, graphics suck, too easy on normal difficulty.
    Would have been a more engaging if the difficulty progression was something just like Nightmare followed by Inferno. Gameplay is absolutely and completely lacks innovation.
    When I say it lacks innovation, I mean this is what I expected: Imagine every class has a skill that rapidly moves them from

When I say it lacks innovation, I mean this is what I expected:

Imagine every class has a skill that rapidly moves them from one location to another, for the wizard it could be teleport, barb could jump, demon hunter could cartwheel etc. There are certain enemies in the game where that skill is necessary, otherwise you cannot defeat them, or they instantly kill you, or there are places in the environment from which you cannot progress unless you use that skill. Likewise, each class has a skill that makes them temporarily invulnerable for a short period of time (again mage could phase to another dimension, barb could harden his skin, demon hunter could drop dead then come back to life a few seconds later) otherwise certain enemies will kill you instantly, or the environment will kill you unless you use that skill, and you cannot progress through the game unless you use it properly. Then the game could throw several enemies at you simultaneously where you have to use diverse skills to overcome varied obstacles.

Instead, every enemy can simply be killed with regular old damage. And you always suffer from regular old damage. You can walk the entire world from beginning to end, and the "puzzles" that you solve do not rely on reaction time or playing skill, just grab-and-go. Click click click.

Boring.
  21. Nov 17, 2013
    Probably the most disappointing game release of my life. I spend days weeks months in total game play, playing Diablo 1 and 2. I waited years for this master to return and what a disappointment it was.

They took something evil, mysterious, challenging and dark and turning it into a Walt Disney click fest for kiddies. Gone are the half naked sprites and up side down crucifixes. Instead you are met with animated characters in bloom, which inspire not fear of death but more of a scene of Alice in Wonderland.

What a tragic end to one of the best titles ever.
  22. Nov 14, 2013
    Game Pros:
    1) Graphics are touched up a bit.
    2) Cains book to ID all items in inventory. 3) The fact that TP scrolls are no longer needed and it saved you space in inventory. Cons: 1) Hardcore is pointless being that unique bosses use the following about 90% of the time: Teleport, Freeze, Shield, Multiply, pull you to them, Very High elemental damage. Often you die as fast as you
    Game Pros:
    1) Graphics are touched up a bit.
    2) Cains book to ID all items in inventory.

Cons:
    1) Hardcore is pointless being that unique bosses use the following about 90% of the time: Teleport, Freeze, Shield, Multiply, pull you to them, Very High elemental damage. Often you die as fast as you can blink.
    2) Item drops: No boss farming in this one. Most unique, set and even rares drop off of random mobs but not often at all on main story bosses. So no Mephy or Baal runs like in D2.
    3) MF hunting is ok but due to the "Cash auction house" they reduced the drop rates of all of the major items such as sets and high end uniques. They are taking the Auction House out of the game in March but they said they are reducing the drop rates even more after that. So months of play and only seeing some uniques means months of play and lucky to see 1 or 2.
    4) Sets and Uniques we came to love in D2 have all been reworked and 95% are total crap now. Remember hunting to finish sets? Forget it now. Out of 6 toons to 60 and of those 6 3 Paragon lvl 18+ I have seen 2 set items drop. Only 2!
    5) The story was simply crap. The cinematic cut scenes are amazing but the story over all just feels pushed and pointless. By the end you feel like you just got kicked int he face with a steel boot for all of your effort.
    6) Item drops over all are disappointing. In D2 it was like Christmas to see a Unique hit the ground because we knew it was a good chance of seeing something worth it. But in D3 you can only handle getting excited about seeing a unique and being disappointed by it being the same crappy item you get to add to your collection of crappy items you have found many times over. Unique item drops after a couple weeks of play gets to the point where you do not even pick up most of them because you just sell them in town like other junk gear, but these crappy uniques are so crappy that you can find a white that would sell for more.
    7) Cash shop screwed up the value of items. So even low level uniques are on the AH for millions of in game gold. This means the value system is based off real money and even with the AH being brought down, the costs will climb due to the fact they are reducing drop rates further. So item trading has become a sell your soul feel more than anything else.

This game had an chance to be a beast of a game but just like all of the other game companies that are around now, they rushed a game release and did not give a crap to put thought into the game. The used the name to sell it and just killed the game name. D4 is not a game I would even buy after this joke of a release. I have never seen a game go off this deep end and ever recover. They always seem to follow the Aliens film franchise, Rush Alien 3 and piss off a fan base. Then rush out more to sucker people into the "Maybe it will be better this time" or the "It could not be worse than the last one". This normally ended with people damn near in tears after the movies yelling "They found a way to make it even more stupid!!!!".

People need to just be done with game companies like this. Refusal to support them is the only way you can win.
  23. Nov 12, 2013
    Blizzard got everything wrong when developing Diablo III. Even the graphics do not do the originals justice. The enemies and levels are drab and uninspired. Mini games and creative side quests would have been a welcome addition. The loot sucked and the always on DRM was a disaster. The classes were very "Meh", Path of Exile is far better IMO.
  24. Nov 9, 2013
    No feel of "Diablo". Feels like a juvenile adventure game, not a gothic horror. Disappointed to say the least. Hopefully the expansion breathes new life into it.
  25. Nov 8, 2013
    Listen to the one's who play this game! IT SUCKS, the critics are being PAID by Blizzard to give it such a high rating, but the PEOPLE have spoken. We've been waiting 12 years for this game to come out and the best they can do is give us rip offs of gemcraft (the gemstones) and WoW(the graphics) I wasted my money on this game and I don't even want a refund, I deleted it off my hard drive.Listen to the one's who play this game! IT SUCKS, the critics are being PAID by Blizzard to give it such a high rating, but the PEOPLE have spoken. We've been waiting 12 years for this game to come out and the best they can do is give us rip offs of gemcraft (the gemstones) and WoW(the graphics) I wasted my money on this game and I don't even want a refund, I deleted it off my hard drive. They control the forum chat, which by the way is where the REAL REVIEWS ARE and if they don't like what you say, they BAN YOU FOR DAYS. They refuse to make the game offline and force you to play a crappy story line, they put some girl in the game as a lead character and it just can't be taken seriously anymore. My heart stays at LOD because of the legacy it holds for me having played it all these years. I don't know what is going on with greedy blizzard but I wouldn't call it Diablo III it's more like an offbrand arcade of what once was and ALSO, they took out characters and items ONLY to put them back in the expansion?...uh RIP OFF. Why weren't they in the first release, it only seems LOGICAL. Wow this whole game is a scam, and I do NOT NOT NOT recommend it. The story line sucks, the forum chat is controled by blizzard bots who seemingly seem to comment on your every post magically as soon as you write it. BOOM 5 replies all bismerching and uncrediting your source...interesting because the MAJORITY doesn't lie. This game blows and I'm disapointed and angry that they've done nothing to fix it other than to make us pay for an expansion. The expansion should be a patch. Only then will I continue to play. I just can't believe all the people who are paid to say that this is a good game.... BS. Expand
  26. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm very disappointed because can't play offline, and the most i hate about it is, I can't sell to other person who has better Internet connection than me.
  27. Nov 3, 2013
    Horrible game, the story is crap, the music is not interesting at all, the game play is boring and it looks like a bad mix between Diablo 2 and Wow. Diablo 2 is a good game and so is Wow, but they kind of manage to make something in between which wasn't good at all. The heroes/characters you play are very annoying and so are the npc's who follows you. The graphic is kind of cartoonishHorrible game, the story is crap, the music is not interesting at all, the game play is boring and it looks like a bad mix between Diablo 2 and Wow. Diablo 2 is a good game and so is Wow, but they kind of manage to make something in between which wasn't good at all. The heroes/characters you play are very annoying and so are the npc's who follows you. The graphic is kind of cartoonish which gives it a wow wipe and not dark and scary as I had hoped. That is probably because it was blizzard south (the creators of wow) and not blizzard north (the creators of Diablo 1 +2) who made the game. It is just not a natural extension of Diablo 2 and the game is too easy to play.
    My biggest hope for Diablo 3 was that it would be a good mix between Diablo 1 darkness and Diablo 2 gameplay, Sadly that didn't happen. I've waited 10 years and I'm very disappointed.
  28. Nov 1, 2013
    What else could be said about this unfortunate game that everyone else didn't do already? All of the good things from it predecessors are lost. The essence of an ARPG is nowhere to be found. You can't even change your freaking language. Another beloved franchise is ruined and you should be playing PoE instead. DON'T BUY DIABLO 3, seriously, it's a waste of money
  29. Oct 31, 2013
    Just accept that they don't get what is fun anymore, and they don't care! The console release only FURTHER proves that all Activision cares about for Blizzard is retail sales and profits. The fact that the AH are being completely removed all together just PROVES TENFOLD that we were all completely right since the beginning and let's not forget the 3 search field AH for items with 7+Just accept that they don't get what is fun anymore, and they don't care! The console release only FURTHER proves that all Activision cares about for Blizzard is retail sales and profits. The fact that the AH are being completely removed all together just PROVES TENFOLD that we were all completely right since the beginning and let's not forget the 3 search field AH for items with 7+ affixes, real smart 'design'. Now they are trying to introduce a "Loot 2.0" system which is a f*****g b****slap to the ENDLESS plethora of players (including myself) who could not get past the fact that the itemization in this game is 100% absolutely wrong and altogether functionally a pile of s**t.

How can you deliver a game with ABSOLUTELY NO customization whatsoever on any character class and have the "Unique" and "Set" items be the WORST items in the entire game!? Where is any shred of logic or reason here? Not to mention how unbelievably ridiculously difficult it is to even get a "unique" item to even drop with 400%+ MF, it makes not one bit of difference because as soon as you ID that item it is useless salvage garbage. The best weapons in the game were blue items, the best item affixes you could find were rares. So basically in the beginning of the game all of the "elite" players had high dps blue weapons and most likely full rare equipment besides maybe 1 unique jewelry.

There was absolutely no end game content right from the get go and then they tried to introduce the key drops system and monster power as well as infernal machine. The entire game and all of these patches just felt like obvious panicked 'hotfixes' to try and keep more of the player base around for longer. This just proved again and AGAIN how ridiculously completely unfinished the game was with all of the aspects added that should have been there from before even a pathetic beta test.

Whether they will ever outright admit all of their mistakes and apologize to players they told were wrong but proved 200% right remains to be seen but at this point means nothing. Because even after they try to roll out as many changes as they want to try to remedy a completely broken s**t game, the structure of the game and character progression is COMPLETELY wrong and is still MOST of the problem for 'Diablo' franchise players. They are willing to accept change or "progression" in your eyes but COMPLETELY STRIPPING the game franchise of any character, attribute or skill customization is ridiculous and downright condemning to the point of dissolving the company if you ask me.

For some reason since the 'justin bieber' success of WoW, Blizzard/Activblindness decided it would be a good idea to completely and utterly destroy the 'Diablo' franchise and release a apathetic chin-drool dribbling braindead watered down streamlined bastard child that was "Diablo 3". When did they higher game designers that are ridiculous "Macintosh" retards? This game and all aspects of it's design reek of a putrid stomach curdling "Machintosh" or "iphone" design in that it is a plain piece of crap that everyone has exactly the same one and it looks nice on the surface but underneath it all everything is a nonfunctional piece of crap that can accomplish absolutely nothing except for chatting, and handcuffing you with hordes and HORDES OF POINTLESS UNNECESSARY DRM.

If you are a non-Mac PC user then you should steer 100% clear of D3 because the design makes little to no sense just like an iphone or any other macintosh product. Also for you loser fanboy mac retards "Apple" Records Corps was founded before the modern age of digital electronics so you are MACINTOSH. You don't even have the remote amount of respect deserved to be called "Apple" which actually represents a MUCH more important part of history. Also if you just listen to any true PC gamer they will give you an actual REALISTIC review of this p.o.s. game.

ALL of the BS "major media" game reviewers gave this game high reviews WHICH IS A COMPLETE LIE! And what is the point of EVEN HAVING a review system at all if you can just be bought off so easily?!? That means that your grading scale is ridiculously inconsistent and falsified because it marks down great games repeatedly and then HUGE HOLES AND MISTAKES in broken junk bastard child garbage like this just somehow go unnoticed?!?! How can anyone take these game review outlets seriously anymore? If you are just BLATANTLY outright lying to people's faces in print and online why should anyone ever both to pay attention to anything that comes out of those diarrhea ridden jokes for "publication".

D3 was a complete unfinished joke, WoW D3 End of Blizzard Beginning of Bastardvison

PoE is out now and 100% free to download and play 'not-for-profit' through Steam. PoE offers you EVERYTHING and MORE that you wanted to see out of a modern ARPG inspired by and evolving on the D1 & D2 style that PC gamers truly loved and enjoy to play.

GO DOWNLOAD PoE!!!
  30. Oct 27, 2013
    I can't believe how some of the official reviewers can be so blind. Especially Polygon for giving a score of 100.

After 45hrs of gameplay you think you can give a grinding game a score? Since this game is made to grind, you need at least 300 hours of gameplay before you can judge. When I say 300hrs, I mean on one character alone.
  31. Oct 26, 2013
    This game is a completely failure from the whole base. It was created for being an Auction House with graphics, nothing else. As an ARPG, this game doesn't even let you how to build your character. The personalization in this area is null. You can't level up your stats nor your skills. You only need one stat to raise via equipment. And the only thing relevant is a number called DPS. This,This game is a completely failure from the whole base. It was created for being an Auction House with graphics, nothing else. As an ARPG, this game doesn't even let you how to build your character. The personalization in this area is null. You can't level up your stats nor your skills. You only need one stat to raise via equipment. And the only thing relevant is a number called DPS. This, mixed, is a complete fail in an ARPG. Farming isn't fun, people just used this game for selling items and earn some $$$.

The graphics aren't at all close to what Diablo should be, they are way too light and colorful, and the music is a complete fail. How many tracks this game has, 2 in total?

The cutscenes are really good, tho...
  32. Oct 26, 2013
    Diablo 3 have 1+ year in market and really be honest is there someone still playing it, i'm not talking about 20k people who still have fun of this game,but its more like, "Diablo 3" only name itself need be played from millions.
  33. Oct 25, 2013
    this is a big dissapointed for ARPG nad diablo 2 lovers.. thats all..im played 2000 hours on my barb,paragon 90,can solo mp10 uber bosses,and then POE came out,and then i realised,D3 is like sniffing glue,and then POE come to save my life...
  34. Oct 25, 2013
    I always use the Metacritic as a good and useful reference, like a good compass. But I'd never wrote a critic. Until Diablo 3 made me do it. I'm know the game, I'm a long time fan of Diablo series and I know that all the selling success was only fault of the success of the two earlier games. They could made the new Hello Kitty game with the name of Diablo 3, and the selling on the firstI always use the Metacritic as a good and useful reference, like a good compass. But I'd never wrote a critic. Until Diablo 3 made me do it. I'm know the game, I'm a long time fan of Diablo series and I know that all the selling success was only fault of the success of the two earlier games. They could made the new Hello Kitty game with the name of Diablo 3, and the selling on the first week would have the same result.
    Everything in this game is rage inducing, the storyline is twisted and the fun is absent. A game with a broken storyline with no fun. I'm must be bold with this: a game with no fun. The thing that what is all about, fun. And it is not there. The horror, the terror mood from the first two titles was gone too. Here in Rio we call it a fiasco, a big failure, a disaster. A sound, loud, clear and big FIASCO.
    My note, 3, is only for those people who was born before 2000, who never knew Diablo series and the Blizzard North geniuses. If you are one of them, Diablo is a score 3 game. Otherwise, it's 0.
  35. Oct 24, 2013
    Highly disappointing.

Pros Good animation, good combat feel, good story/cgi scenes
    Cons- Terrible drops, shallow character customization, dev team is skeleton crew divided between pc/console, so sloooooow content releases. Currently over a year since last content update.
  36. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the worst games I've ever played and as a 'Diablo' title, it's an insult to the series and it's fans. The storytelling is enforced on every player. The music is forgettable and theatrical. The voice acting is repetitive, terrible and over the top. The bosses are stupid and underwhelming. The gameplay is linear. The story is butchered and stupid. The 'stylized' art style looks goodOne of the worst games I've ever played and as a 'Diablo' title, it's an insult to the series and it's fans. The storytelling is enforced on every player. The music is forgettable and theatrical. The voice acting is repetitive, terrible and over the top. The bosses are stupid and underwhelming. The gameplay is linear. The story is butchered and stupid. The 'stylized' art style looks good at first glance, but then you see that the developers vision of "horror" theme is nothing more than cliche Halloween styled artistry with pastel colored bodies and blood smears placed in random fashion. Everything about it just felt cheap. To make matters worse, the fanbase told them all along that the direction of the game was a bad idea. From the beginning blizzard ignored all those opinions and now today, we see blizzard backtracking on all those things that they told us would be good. But at the end of the day, the core of the game itself has been trampled all over and it would need to be remade from the ground up to be fixed. Such a terrible game, I will be burdened with the memories for the rest of my life. I wasn't dumb enough to enjoy it. Expand
  37. Oct 24, 2013
    3 points for decent graphics and smooth mechanics, but that is all Diablo III really offers unless you're looking to make a good buck by ripping off the fools in the real money auction house. which is incredibly easy since most are kids stealing their parents' credit cards.
  38. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is a major let down from is predecessors, which had a great variety in build and RPG mechanics, which was completely streamlined, for the worst. The the loot system itself is completely atrocious, making one single weapon to be more valuable than the rest of the gear combined, which is a poor loot choice. The art style is bland and generic, another major let down compared to theThe game is a major let down from is predecessors, which had a great variety in build and RPG mechanics, which was completely streamlined, for the worst. The the loot system itself is completely atrocious, making one single weapon to be more valuable than the rest of the gear combined, which is a poor loot choice. The art style is bland and generic, another major let down compared to the unique aesthetic from the originals. Don't buy this game if you value your money. Expand
  39. Oct 18, 2013
    I consider myself a Diablo authority, having played both predecessors for more hours than I care to admit. I was lured into the original Diablo immediately, and Blizzard's games held me with an iron grip all the way through Warcraft III when college finally put a limit on the amount of time I was able to commit to gaming. I thought Diablo II was a triumph in every sense of theI consider myself a Diablo authority, having played both predecessors for more hours than I care to admit. I was lured into the original Diablo immediately, and Blizzard's games held me with an iron grip all the way through Warcraft III when college finally put a limit on the amount of time I was able to commit to gaming. I thought Diablo II was a triumph in every sense of the word—addicting, innovative, and a sequel that paid proper homage to the original by maintaining all that was good and improving upon everything else.

I will preface the review by saying I wanted to love this game. I wanted to be painfully addicted to this game. I wanted to remember why this franchise was so hard to get away from, so deeply immersing and impossible to put down. In short, I had high expectations, yes; but I also was willing to give this game every fair shot it deserved at grabbing and holding my attention.

This game was, without exception, the greatest gaming letdown I have ever experienced. Let's be clear: if Blizzard released this game under any other title, it would be lauded as a success and plenty of people would buy it and play it. Often, even. But this isn't a game under any other title—it's titled Diablo. And by failing to understand the sheer magnitude of that legacy and all the expectation that comes with it, Blizzard not only insulted and belittled its fanbase, but also disgraced this game's heritage in ways thought unimaginable. It's a shocking indignity that such a magnificent, groundbreaking series had to experience this piteous a fall from grace due to the blithe shortsightedness of its creators.

Diablo II was striking in its ultimate simplicity. Its success was not due to some enigmatic coincidence. It excelled at two pillars—variety and reward—that kept players coming back for hundreds if not thousands of hours of gameplay. Already finished leveling your sorceress? Great—now make a new one, choose a different skill tree, and you will experience an entirely different adventure. You'll find new items, new players, new strategies, new reasons to keep playing even after this new character. Put simply, you will never want to stop because the possibilities are truly endless.

Fast forward to Diablo III. Finished leveling your character? Don't bother creating a new one, because the ability to customize your character is utterly gone. Your second Monk will have all the same exact skills, abilities, and stats as your first, and you will have no control over them. (Blizzard's claim that the ability to customize your skill bar is equivalent to full character customization is as laughable as it is sad.)

Think the unique item you just found is cool? Yeah, it would be, except for the part where unique items are no longer unique, and they have randomized stats and abilities just like rare items. What's worse, every other player on the server has one just like yours because they bought one from the Auction House.

The gameplay isn't the only piece of this game with which I take issue. This isn't the first sequel to fail to live up to the gargantuan if not plainly unattainable legacy of its forebears. My biggest problem comes from Blizzard's shockingly arrogant and dismissive reaction to fan criticism that was unleashed—and en masse, I might add—upon the game's release. They not only denied to millions of fans across the world that the game had any apparent flaws: they also told fans, plainly and simply, that it was unacceptable to expect them to produce a game that resembled, in any fashion, the first two titles (indeed, how dare you expect such a thing).

Blizzard has become a great example of a company that has not only forgotten where it came from, but also forgotten who got it there. This game spits in the face of every fan who has ever loved a Diablo game for its innovation, commitment to variety, and seriously addictive gameplay. To end this review with the understatement of the year: this game isn't worthy of the name it bears.
  40. Oct 13, 2013
    Ridiculous critics scores. Don't waste 60 bucks! After over a decade of waiting this is what we get? The gameplay has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to use the Auction House. And that is exactly where they want you.
  41. Oct 13, 2013
    A game where the character models and overall graphics are a blurry and ugly mess that wouldn't have been acceptable 6 years ago. Where the gameplay has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to use the Auction House. And that is exactly where they want you.
  42. Oct 13, 2013
    I can't believe this game cost $60. I can't believe I have spent $60 dollars on it, the $60 dollars that I will never get back and about 10 hours of my life.

Right from the beginning I could sense the rip off... you can't even customize your character appearance!!!! the F!? Well I created a barbarian character. It felt great at the beginning I walked around and killed all the

Well I created a barbarian character. It felt great at the beginning I walked around and killed all the monsters, the visuals were great.... except... once I started to level up, the skill tree (if you can call it a tree) has proved to be useless and pointless. I was killing things better with the basic abilities.
    Once all the hype settled in I started to feel like a moron sitting near computer pressing the same mouse buttons and keyboard keys 1,2,3,4 without any strategy whatsoever. You can be brain dead to play this game there is no thinking required at all.

Simply said the game has no depth.

Probably would be a good game for a cell phone...
  43. Oct 10, 2013
    I really wanted to play this, but on-going server issues absolutely destroyed the experience. After actually being able to play the game, nothing short of a masterpiece would've sufficed, and this unfortunately is no masterpiece yet just another mindless hack-n-slash game with an extremely boring story that tends to think that sending mindless waves at you constitutes an enjoyable game.I really wanted to play this, but on-going server issues absolutely destroyed the experience. After actually being able to play the game, nothing short of a masterpiece would've sufficed, and this unfortunately is no masterpiece yet just another mindless hack-n-slash game with an extremely boring story that tends to think that sending mindless waves at you constitutes an enjoyable game. This would potentially be true if the game didn't look like a cartoon, a truly regrettable gaming experience. Expand
  44. Oct 8, 2013
    F^%$ing stuipid game. Clearly the critics got paid off 88/100 vs 3.8 user score? Good job guys. If you like the old Diablo games don't touch this. It's been completely tainted by the wow designers.
  45. Oct 1, 2013
    I hated this game so much. I stopped playing after I reached max level with a char and got to the hardest mode and before pvp patch. First of all, all the loot you get in the game is garbage. like 90% garbage. and 10% of the stuff you get that's useful ISN"T EVEN FOR YOUR CLASS. So you play and play and play and you get items and you get no upgrades because you have to use theirI hated this game so much. I stopped playing after I reached max level with a char and got to the hardest mode and before pvp patch. First of all, all the loot you get in the game is garbage. like 90% garbage. and 10% of the stuff you get that's useful ISN"T EVEN FOR YOUR CLASS. So you play and play and play and you get items and you get no upgrades because you have to use their "Auction house" to buy any new items to keep up with their difficulty curve.

So you have to take all that crappy loot you can't use, try to pawn it off at the auction house and buy new loot from the auction house that someone else found for your class. Here's an idea, how about the monsters drop items for ME? instead of this stupid middle man called the Auction house?

But wait, put in a bunch of useless affixations for your items and 0 character and class customization and you get a very very boring game with an auction house run by bots and a game that is frustrating, boring, and tedious.

Going to the forums doesn't help because all you get is a bunch of PC(politically correct) General managing robots that don't give you straight answers and just answer stupid questions like "What is your favorite monster?"

I'm really disgusted with this game considering it took 9 years to create this mess.
  46. Sep 30, 2013
    Blizzard must have paid off the critics on here. This, as a Diablo series game, is a joke. It is disgustingly bright colored instead of dark and gothic. It's story is TERRIBLE, and clearly written for young children. It's abilities are not too bad, but lack the depth and strategy Diablo 2 allowed for.

The skill loadout would have been a good idea for some brand new game, but most Diablo fans wanted the in depth character skill customization Diablo 2 offered. The mods to each ability just feel lazy on the developer's part as well. Item stats are randomized on even high end items, and unlike Diablo 2 they are mostly pure stats. This just makes gearing very boring. And finally they seem to have intentionally designed it to make it as easy as possible for players to leech xp without doing any of the work. If they aren't in the same zone they still get some xp, can't be kicked, and will get summoned to bosses automatically when you start the fight.

This game is fun for a little while, but ultimately disappointing.
  47. Sep 29, 2013
    This game just seems extremley outdated. Back when developers and designers had very limited resources it made sense to have fixed cameras and extremely linear paths, but for today standards of a full priced action rpg the it seems archaic.

For example, at first is seems fun walking linear paths using simple button presses to perform actions over and over, but of course this will get old very fast. So in order to stay immersed in the game and not get bored you may try exploring, but the game is to linear, (with limited backtracking and small paths), to have much fun exploring.

Then you may try to just appreciate the visuals, but as stylized as they are (which is not always a bad thing though very diffrent and much more cartoon then it's roots) with a fixed camera there is not a lot of flexibility when it comes to appreciating the scenery.

Then theres the hole level progression and loot motivator, but the game feels so streamlined and limited in these areas as well. I still wanted to enjoy this game despite all these flaws, and there is still fun to be found in the game, but sadly, the game is also extremely short. As much as I wish to enjoy this game, it sadly feels far to much like a chore playing it.
  48. Sep 28, 2013
    No mini-games, boring creatures to swat with mundane attacks, lame weapons/loot...uninspired and repetitive levels and scenery...boring characters and quests. The game is more like World of Moneycraft than Diablo. I tried to like it but it just plain sucks. There is far more to do in skyrim or any Elder scrolls game for that matter. Don't waste your hard earned cash on this WoW clone, buyNo mini-games, boring creatures to swat with mundane attacks, lame weapons/loot...uninspired and repetitive levels and scenery...boring characters and quests. The game is more like World of Moneycraft than Diablo. I tried to like it but it just plain sucks. There is far more to do in skyrim or any Elder scrolls game for that matter. Don't waste your hard earned cash on this WoW clone, buy Skyrim or the originol Diablo's instead. I mean they were too lazy to even put in weather effects or a decent character customization. Oh and there is nothing to do once you beat the game on all the difficulties. The achievements are pointless and reward you with literally nothing. And then there is the pathetic DRM and failed auction house. It's sad how millions of sheeple bought nothing but a piece of hype (and sh**). Expand
  49. Sep 27, 2013
    An absolutely terrible disappointment. If you were a fan of the original Diablo titles, you will most likely hate this game. Blizzard has essentially removed everything that made Diablo dynamic (stat points, skill trees, runewords, the ability to jump from act to act in a single game session, the ability to create your own unique games, 4 player maximum, very poor story-line). Every timeAn absolutely terrible disappointment. If you were a fan of the original Diablo titles, you will most likely hate this game. Blizzard has essentially removed everything that made Diablo dynamic (stat points, skill trees, runewords, the ability to jump from act to act in a single game session, the ability to create your own unique games, 4 player maximum, very poor story-line). Every time you play, you're forced to go through the same exact quests over, and over, and over, every single time you make a new game. There is no quest log. Do not waste your money on this game. Expand
  50. Sep 26, 2013
    the core of a arpg is gone in this game look for it to get better in 2014 with the rmah an the gah leaving the game everything in this game is well done but the core of the game is gone so i give it a 4.
  51. Sep 25, 2013
    A shadow of the former Diablo's. Sadly this game does not live up to the ones that came before. Its too easy, and lacks the depth and breadth of the other Diablo titles.
  52. Sep 25, 2013
    Just a POOR game i played 3x 60s and now nothing to do NOTHING maps everytime the same Auctionary house and now they write that they will close the Auctionary at march u know why at march? they hope that people start buying now when they know that AH is closing at march those failors they should get banned from the gamingscene! Criminals NEVER Blizzard games NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
  53. Sep 24, 2013
    I don't understand why Blizzard takes too many years to finally ruin a series of games.
    Unfortunately I brought the game to feel complete waste of time and money.
    Diablo 3 miss the main elements of the serie, the atmosphere (corrupted and full of pain world) and the sense of weakness... Yeah the effect that the player gets in panic or feeling of danger. Respawn sucks, Loots sucks,
    Unfortunately I brought the game to feel complete waste of time and money.

Respawn sucks, Loots sucks, Magical item sucks, Classes sucks and the worst of all.... Visual and voice ruin the atmosphere of the dark fantasy involved in Diablo.

The best and unique Diablo 1 get contaminated as well that Warcraft.
    Sad, very sad
  54. Sep 19, 2013
    Auto leveled stats, maps that point you where to go like you are 10 years old or retarded, laggy forced online play even for single player and a storyline that had me bored not even half way through the game. Diablo 1 and 2 are a couple of my favourite games of all time, why did Activision have to f*** Blizzard North and put out this horrendous attempt at a sequel.
  55. Sep 17, 2013
    The implementation of the auction house and real money auction house destroys the fun for me.
    This is a poor idea, which destroys the excitement of finding something truly awesome after a long grind.
    There is nothing about this experience that can even come near the feeling you got in Diablo II, when finding a high level green item. All the super graphics, the smooth 3D engine, the

when finding a high level green item.

All the super graphics, the smooth 3D engine, the nice music, and decent voice acting is all for nothing.
    Completing the game takes just a few hours, and after that, you are stuck with a pointless grind,
    which rewards you with absolutely nothing.
  56. Sep 16, 2013
    After several hundreds of hours of gameplay I find myself regretting a large chunk of it. A sliver of the game is enjoyable while the rest is boring and dull.
  57. Sep 16, 2013
    I've loved the graphics and the story, even if a little shorted then what is expectable from a game with a 9 years of work. Nothing really new on the characters, skill etc etc. But the whole hack and slash experience is a lot of fun, musics create the right atmosphere, voices are just fine and so on.

but then you finish it, and replay it just to find out that the only thing that changes is the difficulty level of the monsters. Blizzard didn't spend a MINUTE trying to make the game enjoyable if replayed. At certain point it's rather embarassing, when you find the templar AGAIN and quest with the SAME templar with the SAME NAME, which, finished his quest just disappears!! it would take a junior programmer an afternoon to make up something more clever, like another templar with another dialogue which at least walks away. It's really embarassing.

And then the auction house kicks in. You find out that the weapon of your dream that took you weeks to fine tune and equip, it's one third of the power that you can buy in the auction house. From that moment on you stop picking up weapons from the ground forever.

Kills the whole game, totally.

Get Torchlight 2, at least it's created as an adventure game and not a secondlife version of ebay.

Shame on you Blizzard
  58. Sep 13, 2013
    Stripped of all the RPG depth and character development of the first two games, Diablo III is disappointing from the start. But the pay-to-win, real money rip-off auction house makes this game nothing but a joke. To make matters worse, Blizzard then releases a console version that fixes some (not all) of the problems of the PC version, but refuses to give the paying PC customers aStripped of all the RPG depth and character development of the first two games, Diablo III is disappointing from the start. But the pay-to-win, real money rip-off auction house makes this game nothing but a joke. To make matters worse, Blizzard then releases a console version that fixes some (not all) of the problems of the PC version, but refuses to give the paying PC customers a corrected version! PC gamers were used as a trial-run for the console port, and offered nothing for their suffering. When even respected developers like Blizzard have abandoned ethics, morals, and artistic vision, and turned to dumbed-down gaming, crappy ports, and intentional rip-offs, one must necessarily start to lose faith and hope in the whole gaming industry. Who will save us from the misery? Not Blizzard. Expand
  59. Sep 11, 2013
    I played this during release and whilst fun at first; I stopped after I noticed the game had glaring problems like bad loot and itemization, real-money auction house, class imbalance, online only, bots, etc etc...

Fast forward to a year, I tried playing it again hoping Blizzard finally patched the mess they did with this game. But nope, it still sucks and failed to live up to the hype.

What's funny is they're releasing an expansion that comes with a patch that'll supposedly fix loot and itemization AFTER A YEAR.

What a joke Blizzard has become.
  60. Sep 9, 2013
    This game was a massive disappointment.

Pros- It looks good Cons- No offline mode Bland loot items AUCTION HOUSE Hacked accounts Slow, glitchy servers repetitive gameplay Impossible to find good items outside of said auction house Game unplayable at lauch and the icing on the cake...Blizz doing NOTHING to help with any of this This pisses me off so much even now. This
    This game was a massive disappointment.

Pros-

AUCTION HOUSE
    Hacked accounts
    Slow, glitchy servers
    repetitive gameplay
    Impossible to find good items outside of said auction house
    Game unplayable at lauch
    and the icing on the cake...Blizz doing NOTHING to help with any of this

This pisses me off so much even now. This whole game was such an ugly blatant money-grab that doesn't deserve to share the name of Diablo I and II. It's developers spurned everything that made the first two games legends in and in return gave us this garbage.
  61. Sep 9, 2013
    I was a big fan of the Diablo franchise, but blizzard's approach to this game made me completely unable to support them.

It's a true and undoubted deception.
  62. Sep 8, 2013
    Terrible Titan Quest clone that requires you to install the game onto a flash drive just to prevent the framerate stutter. Or splash out on an SSD hard drive. Either way is a little awkward for those of us with normal hard drives.
  63. Sep 7, 2013
    Diablo 2 was such a great game. So much detail and fun. Not like this rushed piece of crap. The skills are so lame and the graphics make me wonder if bush is still president. This is a downgrade. U would think with such an amazing game like d2 they would put the best they had into this but ohhhhh no they wanna just get a quick buck off of us. Lame lame lame. Guess when they keep cancellingDiablo 2 was such a great game. So much detail and fun. Not like this rushed piece of crap. The skills are so lame and the graphics make me wonder if bush is still president. This is a downgrade. U would think with such an amazing game like d2 they would put the best they had into this but ohhhhh no they wanna just get a quick buck off of us. Lame lame lame. Guess when they keep cancelling the release of a game there's a good reason. Epic fail. Expand
  64. Sep 6, 2013
    Here is how your Diablo 3 experience will go: Log in,Hold left-click: receive pants, random disconnect. Login, repeat, repeat, possibly with more disconnecting.
    I can't say that I've NEVER been more disappointed in a AAA title such as Diablo 3, but I have VERY VERY NEARLY never been more disappointed in a title from such a beloved house such as Blizzard. Maybe it's because it is now the House of WoW, and the original creative genius that gave us such gems as Starcraft and the original Diablo and Diablo 2 is no longer in residence...
    Whatever the rationale behind it, requiring a persistent online connection for what is an overwhelmingly Solo-and-LAN-Party Experience was ill-advised and catastrophic. On the underhanded-gold-grubbing side was the idea of a real-cash shop for items in a game for which the player had already payed FULL RETAIL PRICE!
    The dull, repetitive gameplay, along with the infuriating frustration that would come with trying to ACTUALLY PLAY THIS GAME WITH FRIENDS, compounded by the blatant greed of the publisher condemns this game to the realm of Horrible Things Which Cannot Be Unseen.
  65. Sep 4, 2013
    Certainly not the game it should have been. Ridiculously toned down and made overly simple and linear for the masses, released on consoles. Made worse by the original director Jay Wilson's retarded behaviour on social media where he attacked Diablo II players.
  66. Sep 4, 2013
    Worst game evr and a waste of time. Very, very disappointing! If there will be a Diablo IV, i definately won't buy it. Save your money, because that's the only thing they want from you! It's a complete disaster!
  67. Sep 3, 2013
    Simply put this game breaks one of gaming's cardinal sins, its just godawful boring. No thought or creativity was put into this game and even a year later there are still server issues for an offline single player game.
  68. Sep 2, 2013
    Upon looking at some of the glowing reviews you might lead yourself to believe this is a worthwhile game. The sad truth is it's not. I have seen some people give this game a 10 before they've even finished it and I'm willing to bet all of the other high rated reviews at best completed normal. I'm here to tell you that even normal is no good. The story is paper thin and so incrediblyUpon looking at some of the glowing reviews you might lead yourself to believe this is a worthwhile game. The sad truth is it's not. I have seen some people give this game a 10 before they've even finished it and I'm willing to bet all of the other high rated reviews at best completed normal. I'm here to tell you that even normal is no good. The story is paper thin and so incredibly generic you'd think it fanfiction if you weren't actually living it. Sure the gameplay is solid and the graphics are ok but that's not what this is all about. The vast majority of people who bought this game didn't buy it to give a quick once through and like I said even that is a pretty piss poor experience. Now let's get to what makes this game truly terrible. The end game content, there is none. You will find yourself looping the same routes over and over and over for hundreds maybe thousands of hours to one pointless end, obtaining gear. Well guess what, even the gear in this game is god awful. It's dumbed down and 99% of every single thing that drops is worthless trash. Even the legendaries and sets are lackluster. Now let's talk about the auction house and it's truly terrible effect on the game. Because of the auction houses existence, there are gold botters and because of gold botters gold is absolutely worthless. No amount of in game farming will yield you enough gold to compare to people who can just throw down cash. In fact the balance is so in favor of this that the price of crafting certain items and even removing some gems from sockets is a reflection of this. Simply put, this game is a let down. It has no style, no substance, no depth, it's just a glorified sixty dollar arcade game. Expand
  69. Aug 31, 2013
    Basically, DIII is a boring version of DII. I had to stop playing it not long before the end of Act II. It's just... Same thing... Over and over... Almost zero field to experiment with a character. Pre-defined set of abilities. Boring monsters with much fewer specific to them properties. Much less random maps. Repetitive and dull script. Yeah, I had to read what happened up to Act IV, andBasically, DIII is a boring version of DII. I had to stop playing it not long before the end of Act II. It's just... Same thing... Over and over... Almost zero field to experiment with a character. Pre-defined set of abilities. Boring monsters with much fewer specific to them properties. Much less random maps. Repetitive and dull script. Yeah, I had to read what happened up to Act IV, and hell, I was not surprised even once! I understand that story in Diablo game always was needed just to somehow justify the massacre, but remember how much deeper was DI and DII stories! And, finally, what's one of the main addiction to RPG reasons? That feeling, when you YOU make your character stronger the way you want. There's none. You don't raise stats (the game makes it for you), you don't choose abilities (you pick them from a constantly available list), the only way to modify all this is loot and it's random too. But graphics and designs are good. Expand
  70. Aug 30, 2013
    Diablo 3, the successor the infamously popular and well received Diablo 2...This is a game that rides on the coattails of it's successor. This game is a colossal and dismal failure. How could it fail so badly when it had such a great example to follow? The developers goals were lofty, yet they chose on multiple occasions to abandon systems that worked tremendously well in the past andDiablo 3, the successor the infamously popular and well received Diablo 2...This is a game that rides on the coattails of it's successor. This game is a colossal and dismal failure. How could it fail so badly when it had such a great example to follow? The developers goals were lofty, yet they chose on multiple occasions to abandon systems that worked tremendously well in the past and instead chose to implement unproven systems. Why reinvent the wheel when it comes to the stat, skill and item systems? A new story, new characters, more items in the same vein as the items of the past games and heck while your at it throw in a few new, fun systems, but test them. And test them again. And...Ahhh... you get the point. I purchased this looking for a game that blended nostalgic moments from the content and systems of Diablo 2 with modern advances in gaming and iterations of the franchise that fun new experiences. I got a game devised to cash in on it's predecessor's glory and was entirely a failed attempt at innovation. This is a SKIP. Expand
  71. Aug 30, 2013
    I looked forward to this game so damn much. The second Diablo game is one of the best games I've ever played because it combined a variety of elements so extremely well and managed to be completely unique and quite different from its predecessor.
    Which is the first and biggest problem with Diablo 3; it's a bloody mess. The difficulty has been scaled back from very hard to kindergarten-hard. The economy is broken you can buy a single item for a very cheap price and you will wreck the next 3 acts that you play. The new skill-system seemed like a good idea when you realized that it didn't encourage switching your game-style. You will literally just choose a few spells and use them act after act after act. The skills are also unimaginative and most are completely useless which is why only a chosen few are good enough for the later stages of the game. This makes everything repetitive and very grindy. Spamming a single ability over and over again until everything is dead is NOT a good way to do things. Which brings me to my next problem; the loot is so boring! In Diablo 2 you could pick up an armour and gain access to an ability that your class couldn't even use. In Diablo 2 you could get a weapon that had a chance of shooting fireballs at your enemies. In Diablo 3 you get items with stats like: +361 dexterity and +270 vitality. They do no difference whatsoever and this is really a deal-breaker in a game that relies so heavily on loot and gear.
    And always online DRM is unacceptable. I'm not even mad that I couldn't play the game when I first got it. That was a long time ago and it was fixed; it's fine. But I should never ever have to be online to play an offline game. That is the dumbest thing they could've possible done and it absolutely infuriates me.
    Diablo 2 improved on great features. Diablo 3 removed them.
  72. Aug 28, 2013
    This game is bad. Really bad. Do not buy.
    ************************************
    *************************************
    ****************************************
  73. Aug 26, 2013
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible:

+ Fluent gamplay and fun combat + Good sound effects + Easy to learn... - easy to master - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious - Skill system is pure **** - Doesn't offer any real customization - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad - Horribly designed skills - Horrible itemization - General
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible:

+ Fluent gamplay and fun combat
    + Good sound effects
    + Easy to learn...

- easy to master
    - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious
    - Skill system is pure ****
    - Doesn't offer any real customization
    - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad
    - Horribly designed skills
    - Horrible itemization
    - General design of important game aspects underwhelming

All in all: 4/10 would not buy again.

As a Diablo fan you will find the story is an insult to the genre and to its fans. The itemization is just terrible and everybody who was tasked with the job should leave the gaming industry forever. As should the designers of the skill system it offers no customization at all. It is obvious that the D3 developers don't understand what makes a good aRPG because this game is an arcade game that caters to less than casual players.

As a Diablo fan this game is a: -1 10
  74. Aug 21, 2013
    I'll cut this real short and simple:

-Always online DRM. Hosting own game in D2 worked just fine. No reason for this garbage except No single player mode incredibly insulting. Screams of greed. -Real Money Auction House: You may have thought you didn't need to use the AH if you didn't want. You were wrong as gear drop rates are so low it has been clearly designed to force you to
    I'll cut this real short and simple:

-Real Money Auction House: You may have thought you didn't need to use the AH if you didn't want. You were wrong as gear drop rates are so low it has been clearly designed to force you to spend money on top of the $60 full price you spent on the game itself.

-Storyline absolutely abysmal. I thoroughly enjoyed the Medieval Gothic themes of D1 & D2. Here we have bright colors, non-dark environments and no gothic art style to be found anywhere. Instead we get Starcraft Protoss heaven. Literally everything about the storyline was terrible to me. Tyreal going from this mysterious, cool sounding rebel archangel to a random black guy. Deckard Cain killed for literally no reason. Diablo and all other major act bosses are simply generic villain clones that look like something out of WoW raid dungeons. Game forces you on rails through each quest in order so no skipping quests once you've already beaten the game.

-5+ years on development would have given sufficient time for a good team of industry veterans to create a deep, huge game world with interesting mechanics and things to do. Instead you can beat the game in less than 12 hours.

-No skill/talent trees from D2. Can't make interesting builds. Instead you have a limited skill pool to choose from, which is easier for casuals to understand but don't as much customization as D2 skills tree did.

-Server and lag issues that exist solely because of always online DRM. Hardcore players regularly killed because of lag and coding.

Perhaps one of the most sad aspects of this whole experience is there are still legions of die hard, fanboy zealots that absolutely adore being spoonfed this kind of extreme From a gameplay perspective and a business perspective D3 is absolutely a ripoff when one has at least a tad of experience under their belt. Do you think other companies could get away with this Imagine all car companies required their cars to be logged in & connected to wi-fi internet in order to work in order to stop automobile thefts. Do you think that kind of business model would work? No. People would be outraged and actually spam them with letters telling them just where they can shove it.

In the game industry however, I'd wager to say most gamers are between ages 12-28 and as such these people are less likely to have experience in business, thus the industry can still make a profit ripping people off. They get away with it because young people in that age group usually don't care or lack the knowledge to make informed decisions. When you buy Diablo 3, you are literally using your wallet to tell Blizzard to make more games like this. Companies will always trail what was successful in the past. Every gamer should NEVER pre-order a video game and instead read many reviews and watch many raw gameplay footage of said game after release before deciding to buy.

Thus sadly, Diablo 3 style games will continue to be pumped out by blizzard such as their "Reaper of Souls" expansion pack. Diablo 3 no doubt was commercially successful despite it clearly being an inferior experience to its predecessors that are a decade old. The people to blame for this mess are the gamers who wasted their money on this and encouraged this rotten business behaviour.

I should know, I was regretfully one of them.
    Never again however. I haven't touched Heart of the Swarm and never will. However the cinematics quality was high, but the way the story played out was laughable.
  75. Aug 21, 2013
    When I first started playing, I found myself enjoying the game. The first two chapters were a lot of fun, and being able to play with some of my friends was an added boon. However, by the third chapter, the game really begins to drop off, and by the fourth it's almost as though Blizz just stopped caring entirely. This was also where I finally began to experience the biggest issue I remainWhen I first started playing, I found myself enjoying the game. The first two chapters were a lot of fun, and being able to play with some of my friends was an added boon. However, by the third chapter, the game really begins to drop off, and by the fourth it's almost as though Blizz just stopped caring entirely. This was also where I finally began to experience the biggest issue I remain to have with this game- lag. I was only barely able to beat the game before the lag eventually got to a point where I literally couldn't play the game anymore. A note to Blizzard, and to all other devs planning similar DRM- not everyone has stable reliable internet connections, and punishing these honest customers is no business model. Expand
  76. Aug 18, 2013
    Totally disappointed: graphic style copied from wow, and totally opposed to the dark environment in Diablo 1&2 gameplay absolutely unbalanced: it is too easy,and that makes it utterly boring.
    No PVP,internet connection required to play offline; real money auction unbalances even more the games mechanics.
    The player stats are now fixed WHY ?!
    After 12 years... Such a failure.
  77. Aug 16, 2013
    Hello, I'll be writing this review from a "Diablo 2 LOD player precept". I'm going to talk about what has been removed from D3, that D2 LOD did right "in my opinion."

- (No offline single player.) - (Battlenet System) - In D2 you could make your own games (Not in D3) - Only 4 Players in a game now from the previous 8 player games. - No longer having the option to choose your own

- (No offline single player.)
    - (Battlenet System)
    - In D2 you could make your own games (Not in D3)
    - Only 4 Players in a game now from the previous 8 player games.
    - No longer having the option to choose your own games to hop into.(old school item for item trading).
    - Lag or Downed Servers or Errors (Not really improved from D2, maybe even worse)
    - Botting still in the game
    *Up side for blizzard if a bot farms a nice item they share the profit with it
    - (Ladder System)
    *I cann't imagin restarts because of the real money auction house
    *-one of the worst ideas ever put into a Action game is holding back one of the best

- (Drop System)
    *Feels very unrewarding. Old system felt more rewarding because there was more items in the game.
    - Set items
    *there is no point in wearing a full set because there's normally no bonus for wearing all the pieces.
    - AH *You'll find the real gear on the real money auction house or a website.
    - No Runes meaning "No Runewords" So doesn't that mean white items are useless?
    - No Jewels
    - No Charms (Small Charms Large Charms Grand Charms Torchs or Annihilus or Gheeds Fortune)
    - No Ethreal items
    - Little to no Aura Spells on hit Items
    *One of the most fun Powerful items from D2

- (Way Points System)**************
    Just to Magic Find another Act you have to beat the one your in or Hop into another game

- (No Open World PvP System)

- (No Skills or Attrubites points System)
    *Characters feel less unique

- (No Valueable Quests)************
    *There isn't one Resistance or Stats Quest or Socket Quest or Skill Quest.
    *There are just mandatory quests in D3

- (Randomized Map Generating System)* Feels less randomized in D3

In D3 Every Characters Damage scales off of Weapon Damage. Unlike D2 where you had to make decisions on Crush Blow, Deadly Strike, Open Wounds, chance to cast a spell 1-3 to skills, Auras, +1-3 freeze target, Monsters rest in Peace, Prevents Monster heal.
    - Top lvl is hit way to fast You'll find yourself around act 3-4hell max level Still having another Difficultly
    to go, and you have to gear grind and do it a 4th time for no other reason then lets do it a 4th time.
    - The Old Cow level (with massive mobs of Cows wheeling Axe Polearms) lets just say its more like a flower, carebear, pony land.
    - Enraged Minions
    - Not having your mercenuary when playing with your friends.

The game has chanced alot "I feel like the game has went backwards". What really pisses me off tho was Blizzcon 2011 "Which you can watch on youtube." Blizzard showed off alot of idea's saying most were finalized "just some needed some fine tuning" Almost all of those idea's shown at blizzcon didn't made it into the game. There for I had no idea as to how D3 would look, sense what they showed me never made it into the game.
  78. Aug 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know there's a lot of fan backlash here but I honestly can't score Diablo 3 more than 4 even though I've beaten it on all difficulties. First two difficulties: too easy thus mainly seen as a chore. Third: Just about right. Fourth: stupid, and the wrong kind of difficulty to boot I don't see how it's a skill check against the player to have your mobs stats set so that they'll one shot a wizard and now the only way to play is to kite everything. That said I did play all this before some supposed "tweaking" and before that, wizards in full resists were basically fodder in Inferno. But alas I can only review based on what I played.

The main reason I score low is:
    1, We've gone from dark, gritty and scary to childish and ridiculous. This isn't diablo. I actually went back to play the original and it still has that same chilling atmosphere and feeling of dread. This game, with it's apparently 6 year old child diablo throwing pathetic taunts your way on the end level, is an insult to the senses.

2, Auction house and lack of solo offline. They killed what made diablo fun, the grinds, the chance to find something really special. There is no chance to find anything special anymore. After four playthroughs I got generic drop after generic drop, absolutely tedious. So I started to browse the auction house and soon after lost any desire to continue playing. I will not pay for loot thanks.

So yeah cheers for ruining everything that made Diablo great, blizz. All you had to do was repeat the dark atmosphere and loot grindy addiction but nah. And ignore the positive critic scores folks because they are clearly not being honest.
  79. Aug 9, 2013
    Long time Diablo and Old Blizzard fan that had the unfortunate experience of playing this pay to win scam game in which the makers do not listen to feedback and try to avoid the real issues with the game. No game deserves a 0, but I must give it one in the hopes it keeps people from buying this on console and/or pc. Trust the users on this one folks; the game is garbage
  80. Aug 6, 2013
    yes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other coloredyes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other colored items are most likely vendor cash, please don't support Diablo 3, the only reason why it sold so many copies is because it's Blizzard Ent. if anybody else released this same game it wouldn't have sold as much. The title sold, not the game. Game is garbage Expand
  81. Aug 6, 2013
    Somehow they managed to remove all the fun factor from diablo in this sequel. Finding gear becomes boring as 99.9% of drops are garbage, unlocking new abilities not rewarding because most of the suck. When the game came out the balance was flat out BROKEN in inferno. It still is but nowhere near as much. Using the auction house is MANDATORY and so is gearing and speccing defensively inSomehow they managed to remove all the fun factor from diablo in this sequel. Finding gear becomes boring as 99.9% of drops are garbage, unlocking new abilities not rewarding because most of the suck. When the game came out the balance was flat out BROKEN in inferno. It still is but nowhere near as much. Using the auction house is MANDATORY and so is gearing and speccing defensively in inferno. Choice? Nope, if you try experiment you'll suck. There is cookie cutter spec and gear and that's the only thing you should ever use because its the only thing that is viable. Classes are imbalanced, Barbarian far outshines the other classes by a large margin, You can spend 500m on a barb and wreck mp10 with ease (the hardest difficulty). Spend the same gold on a monk and you'll barely be able to do mp3, and die a lot. There's just no point in playing anything but a barb. Story is terrible and completely forgettable. Also blizzard are doing their usual thing and promising things and never deliver. They promised pvp, It's STILL not in the game. Some boss mechanics are flat out broken. Like act 2's boss can hit you and kill you in one hit before you can even react. Expand
  82. Aug 4, 2013
    to be fair, D3 have great cinematic and great story, kudos for those who did this in Blizz D3 dev team. But I must highlight that the game-play for D3 is just not fun, i mean like seriously NOT FUN AT ALL. Act 1 is great but until half way in act 2, i had this feeling like the game is not complete or something, something is really missing in this game. Still finish the whole game forto be fair, D3 have great cinematic and great story, kudos for those who did this in Blizz D3 dev team. But I must highlight that the game-play for D3 is just not fun, i mean like seriously NOT FUN AT ALL. Act 1 is great but until half way in act 2, i had this feeling like the game is not complete or something, something is really missing in this game. Still finish the whole game for nostalgic sake. Stopped after a month the game release cuz its like too boring to continue. Re-install D3 few week ago after one+ year, read some comment here in meta that some improvement was done after all the patches so i was like ok lets give it a 2nd try but i was so wrong. Yes stuff at AH is cheaper and can get good equipment at a lower price, but uninstall it again after half day of playing cuz the game is just too boring and repetitive. Conclusion? Worst money I spend on a game and I regret buying this game. Lesson learned the hard way and will never buy a game pro-order, only purchase after reviewing actual user reviews. Expand
  83. Aug 1, 2013
    This game gets a 0 for having always online DRM (required even for single player), for numerous reasons. Even if it did not have such crappy DRM, it is still only a vastly overpriced so-so game deserving of no better than a 5. I feel sick to my stomach when I think about the fact I paid Blizzard for this game. I will never give them another dollar in my life even if they change theirThis game gets a 0 for having always online DRM (required even for single player), for numerous reasons. Even if it did not have such crappy DRM, it is still only a vastly overpriced so-so game deserving of no better than a 5. I feel sick to my stomach when I think about the fact I paid Blizzard for this game. I will never give them another dollar in my life even if they change their ways--they have shown their true corporate colours. It's the same way I feel about EA, another company that people should be boycotting under they go out of business. By the way, for this genre, I recommend Torchlight 2 for great quality at a great price. Expand
  84. Jul 31, 2013
    I bought it, I played a long time and I have a huge remorse trash nothing to do many bugs, many hacks, a lot of money in a market trading addict bli$$ard closed his eyes to the use of fraud because they earn too much money Sad but true bli$$ard died Activision just left ....run like hell from this game....play POE or Diablo 2 much better than this masterpiece of garbage.
  85. Jul 30, 2013
    Good old Diablo receive another offspring with online-play and real money auction house. Great.
    Time to bury the stinking corpse of long-dead demon in the lava pit.
    There is too many better H&S arcade games focused on drop. And even some MMO.

But it's not a zero. They are do some work. Really.
  86. Jul 30, 2013
    bad game ............
    very bad game ..........
    u must spend cash to improve your character's strength ........
    and the game is too short, less content, outdated graphics
  87. Jul 29, 2013
    Now, I'm not one of those guys who has a mild dislike of something, so he gives it a low score.
    No, I pride myself on seeing what is good in something.
    The Good: The environments and sound design are spot on. The areas in the game are lush, the models are well done, the physics engine and amusing and absolutely glorious to see in action. The Bad: Literally everything else. The
    No, I pride myself on seeing what is good in something.

The Good:

The Bad:
    Literally everything else. The voice acting is terrible, the plot is full of holes, you must be online 100% of the time, even to play the single player (and believe me, you don't notice how often your internet goes out until a game will kick you off the second it cuts out), the entire game lacks any sort of challenge, there is only a linear progression along a fix skill "road", rather than the skill tree that made Diablo 2 such a pleasure to play.

You cannot allocate points to anything relating to your character. Everything RPG related is totally fixed, and the only thing you can do to affect a character's effectiveness in combat is to buy a new weapon that puts points into your character's "primary skill", which is to say, the only skill that will ever matter to you.

So, lets say you are a Barbarian that has reached the maximum allowed level. You are 100% identical to every other Barbarian at your level. The only differences you have are the abilities that you have equipped, which you can swap out at literally any time, and the weapon that you are holding.

Due to this asinine lack of character customization, you must use a new feature that I honestly didn't think would affect the game. I was, unfortunately, wrong.

I am talking about the Auction House. In game, the weapons that you find are worth around 50 gold. In the online auction house, you can sell your items to other players for hundreds of times that price.

What happens to the game is this: You get frustrated, and because leveling up will not affect your build or character, you go to the auction house, buy a new weapon, beat the bad guy. Repeat ad nauseum until you finish the game.

The bosses are visually impressive, but pathetically easy. I honestly don't even know what happens if you die, and I finished the game on the "hard mode" equivalent.

This is easily the worst sequel I have ever played. This game felt more like a halfway thought out mod for a better game than a full fledged sequel to what was arguably the greatest dungeon crawler of all time. I cannot recommend this. Not even after a year's worth of patching is this game even 1/10th of Diablo 2. Not only is it a terrible sequel, it is a terrible game, and Blizzard should be ashamed for tarnishing this once wonderful franchise this this abomination of poor game design.

If you have a love for Diablo 2, I beg of you, stay faaaaaar away. If you have never played Diablo 2, go buy that instead. It's a third of the price and 10000% better.
  88. Jul 28, 2013
    When will developers get gamers do not like always-on DRM? Diablo III fundamentally is a solid game, but the business practices of Blizzard Entertainment cannot be excused. Plus, the game only works when it wants to. Its been updated, but its still a frustrating mess. Do not buy this game is all I can say.
  89. Jul 27, 2013
    Terrible waste of time of a game, doesn't even have half of the features its prequel did over 10 years ago. Don't waste your money. Making loot not drop to drive the real money auction house, so they can profit on micro-transactions.
  90. Jul 27, 2013
    What can i say in addition to several thousands of negative reviews... This was my biggest disappointment about the game. It'so strange, that such a mastodon in game making as blizzard released such shallow, boring to the death game. I can remember how i replayed part 1 for quite a few times with joy. This one, however, took me some willpower to complete. I was just curious, if it's goingWhat can i say in addition to several thousands of negative reviews... This was my biggest disappointment about the game. It'so strange, that such a mastodon in game making as blizzard released such shallow, boring to the death game. I can remember how i replayed part 1 for quite a few times with joy. This one, however, took me some willpower to complete. I was just curious, if it's going to be better closer to the end. But no. Hell, even such relatively poor titles as Torchlight, Titan quest and Neverwinter are more addictive. Even god forsaken Hellgate london. And that game is terrible. Shame on blizzard. If i could only take my money back, i definitely would. Expand
  91. Jul 26, 2013
    Having been an avid Blizzard Fan for many years, as well as trying out literally dozens upon dozens of other games. I can safely say that Diablo III is a major disappointment. I'll start with the Positives. Graphics are pretty decent, I mean if they were too fancy the game wouldn't run smoothly. and that's pretty much it. Now on with the negatives. It ruined Diablo Lore It severely limitedHaving been an avid Blizzard Fan for many years, as well as trying out literally dozens upon dozens of other games. I can safely say that Diablo III is a major disappointment. I'll start with the Positives. Graphics are pretty decent, I mean if they were too fancy the game wouldn't run smoothly. and that's pretty much it. Now on with the negatives. It ruined Diablo Lore It severely limited character customization
    Item affixes were severely limited, others have mentioned this as well. I actually did the math and you're getting something like 70 less item affixes than you did in Diablo 2. Even the gems are simplified to the point where all you get is your main stat. This further limits character customization.

Some of the Elite monsters were so stupidly overpowered that it was nearly impossible to pass them in a dungeon without dying 20 times in a row. You lost gold doing this, and with the new changes to how repairs work, many players were without gold for quite some time.. unless of course they went to the RMAH. This was even more of a problem when most characters had to build incredibly tanky to stay alive, but lacked damage output to kill these monsters, putting them into a frenzy state where they pretty much started 2-3 shotting you(more damage in frenzy)

Boss Fights were ridiculously easy compared to the elite monster fights, Not even kidding here.

The game in general has been dumbed down, simplified for the casual masses, The fact that it's coming to the consoles supports this. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but when the majority of the player base was expecting a true successor to diablo and diablo 2, This wasn't meeting their expectations. '

The game was quite repetitive. Other games have figured out that having small limited maps is quite boring, Diablo 3 did not seem to get this memo. I understand that it's hard to make maps, but diablo 2 had map generators, which Diablo 3 also has, but it's use is severely limited and often times you only get a handful of slightly different maps. I actually had to ask myself at one point, are these maps really random? or is there just 2-3 different variations that get randomly chosen, This is because during my 4 playthroughs(normal to inferno) I got stuck with the same maps for dungeons more than once.

I mean, I could go on till I used my 5000 characters up, but to me it just seems like Blizzard made a simplified casual hack n slash. They had so much that they could've drawn idea's from, plenty of hack n slash games to look at. What makes them popular, and what makes them boring or repetitive. It seems that even with all this, they decided to not heed any of it, and make a game that gets boring after one playthrough.

Hell, even their answer to the lack of content was the paragon system, Essentially, once you max your level. You level more... But this time it's Paragon levels. This is copy and paste from the blizzard website itself.
    After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
    There are 100 Paragon levels
    Every Paragon level will reward you with:

Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
    3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find

So instead of adding more actual content, they decided to just add more levels for you to grind, in the same limited content.

I really hope this opens some peoples eyes, the people giving it 10/10 or 8/10, or 9/10 are most likely players that have never experienced the genre before, or have never even played diablo1/2. They may like the game, but there is honestly SO much more that Blizzard could've done with Diablo, but chose not to, Anyone that's not a Casual player would be able to tell you this. You see it on the games forums, and you see it on here in the user reviews.

It gets a 3/10 from me because the graphics are nice, they seem to fit in with the whole Diablo series nicely, and the music is pretty decent as well(still not as good as D2). I also like that they were trying to reach the casual playerbase, just not necessarily how they did it. Mostly because it seems like it's just being done for money. If they improved upon some, or even all of the things I mentioned, I would likely give this game a 7/10 or even 8-9 depending on how well it was done. I bet most other reviewers here would do the same as well.
  92. Jul 26, 2013
    When you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too manyWhen you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too many console-friendly mechanics choices.

Diablo 3 wants to be plug and play for the masses, but that is never the game it was intended to be from part one. Fun for single playthrough on a day off, as eight to nine hours should do the job. Easily. The game does not deserve a single hour more, though.
  93. Jul 25, 2013
    After playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game isAfter playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game is frustrating to play. The terrible repetition makes me really sick. Poor game design. The game looks like only for elemental school kids. Expand
  94. Jul 25, 2013
    Among all three (four if you count Drakensang) diablo-ish games, Diablo III, supposedly the 'original title', has to place 3rd or 4th overall. You can argue Drakensang is the worst of the four because of its insane pay to win cash grab, but Diablo 3 is not better by a lot.

The only advantage Diablo III has over TL2 and PoE are: 1) Diablo III has better graphics than TL2 2) Diablo

The only advantage Diablo III has over TL2 and PoE are:

1) Diablo III has better graphics than TL2
    2) Diablo III has better physics effect than PoE

and that's it. TL2 and PoE does better in almost, if not all grounds, and they are much cheaper games.
  95. Jul 22, 2013
    The positive:
    The positive:
    High production quality, extremely well-made low-poly meshes and low-resolution textures, amazing pre-rendered cinematics. Well designed and thought-out experience from start to finish. The hack-and-slash gameplay is fluid, fast-paced, and engaging. Character and class builds make sense, are flexible and easy to understand. The auction house is a structured economy that makes gold an essential liquid commodity.

The negative:
    Is not an appropriate follow-up to it's predecessor in terms of story, atmosphere, or music. Character customization is simple, but not rewarding or interesting. You can only pick a few skills to use, which creates a more restrictive play-style and, while you can experiment with many potential builds on a single character, the builds you can create aren't particularly creative.

Finding loot is usually unexciting because, generally, the best loot for your character is whatever maximizes the stat for maximum DPS. Rares, uniques, and set items drop too infrequently because if they did, their value on the auction house would plummet. While finding loot for many players was arguably one of the main draws in Diablo II, Diablo III lacks this draw because the most efficient and effective way to obtain items is through the auction house. Players end up engaging in finding loot less (again, because good items need to be extraordinarily rare to be valuable on the market), and end up grinding simply to find gold to pay for loot. If Diablo III is supposed to be an evolution of Diablo II, why are players grinding away mindlessly still? At least in Diablo II, if players were grinding, it was to find items instead of gold.

Item crafting (runewords, crafted items, etc.) is also completely missing--socketing gems in order to simply boost stats for DPS isn't the same and it lacks interesting results.

Overall, players are given less choices in what they can do while playing the game, and are forced to focus on monetizing the auction house in order to reap any benefits of having played the game. Rewards are simply proportional to the efficiency of grinding and the strength of a character build is almost entirely based on maximizing DPS.

Aesthetically, the atmosphere is not the same as Diablo II's because it deviates from the austere, dark, horror-gore style and inserts a bit of a cartoonish flare. Overall, the game is colorful, vibrant, and saturated in a way that does not suggest an impending doom or dire circumstances. Animations are over-exaggerated. Dialogue is generally good, however, as well as the voice-acting.

Diablo III might be a better game if it wasn't simply an ultra-polished Diablo II--slimmed and stripped down to its core mechanics to make the experience an exercise in maximizing player rewards. Of course, many players, including myself, criticize Diablo III mostly for not being Diablo II; at the same time, Diablo II is simply a classic, but extremely out-dated game. I think gamers have come to expect more depth in their gameplay instead of the linear grind of Diablo games, and Blizzard should not be afraid to completely overhaul their approach to the franchise in future iterations. Don't try to make a better Diablo II/III, just worry about making a Diablo IV.
  96. Jul 19, 2013
    The worst gaming purchase I've ever made. Besides enforcing draconian DRM without makign a truly connected world, fails to reach the bar raised by its predecessors in the art direction, music, mechanics and story. It's lame narrative, coupled with a purposedly dumbed down control (for console testing), linear gameplay and shallow progression system makes this an incredible disappointingThe worst gaming purchase I've ever made. Besides enforcing draconian DRM without makign a truly connected world, fails to reach the bar raised by its predecessors in the art direction, music, mechanics and story. It's lame narrative, coupled with a purposedly dumbed down control (for console testing), linear gameplay and shallow progression system makes this an incredible disappointing experience. Expand
  97. Jul 19, 2013
    -pay to win
    -stupid storyline (my cat can write a better one)
    -no skill/stat points
    -stupid class choices
    -bad graphics (yes it is bad.)
    **** artwork
    -dumb soundacting
    -retarded bosses
    -moronic followers
    -useless items

+auto picking gold is not a bad idea. congratulations.

made by retards for morons to play. good fuvking job.
  98. Jul 18, 2013
    Most stupid game ever

-Always online DRM
    -Lack of skill diversity
    -Connection errors
    -Short Story
    -Play to win

+Nothing

Really bad game.Don't buy!
  99. Jul 14, 2013
    Una porqueria le dieron en toditita la madre haciendolo online.
    Se requiere de la coneccion a internet forzosa, por lo que es una porqueria, no lo compren. Te clavas en el juego, luego te quitan el internet porque no pagaste, y pues ya chafeaste. 0000
  100. Jul 14, 2013
    One giant pile of garbage. They pretty much destroyed the Diablo Lore and did nothing but create a boring game based on making from the auction house for Blizzard. Possibly the dumbest and biggest failure in video game history. Avoid this game like the plague.
  101. Oct 1, 2012
    As an old Diablo 1 and 2 player, i can't believe this game was made. From an interesting story with amazing fights it ends to be a game designed to be an endless item farming game. With the ambitious plan by blizzard to implement the RMAH (Real money auction house), the game became an item hunt game. The acts are boring, the only one you may enjoy is Act3 but with a lot of lackingAs an old Diablo 1 and 2 player, i can't believe this game was made. From an interesting story with amazing fights it ends to be a game designed to be an endless item farming game. With the ambitious plan by blizzard to implement the RMAH (Real money auction house), the game became an item hunt game. The acts are boring, the only one you may enjoy is Act3 but with a lot of lacking gameplay. Too many old mobs & bosses appearances making it really lacking on creativity. It's a clear disaster from blizzard, trying to revive an old game that wasn't needed to bring back. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012