4.0

1. May 16, 2012
    I hate DRM so much, that aside.

I hate DRM so much, that aside.

Yet another nothing game. Thanks Blizzard, but you realize why people liked Diablo II and for that matter are even playing games not watching movies? They enjoy a challenging interactive experience. Once again, as is happening more and more now these great games which made these companies stand out originally, are being remade as simplified versions. Who are these people Blizzard think are out there that are incapable of abstract thinking? For starters we are PC users so no need to bring a game down to console standards. Secondly, I was a young teenager when I was playing Diablo II and I loved it, I had no difficulty adapting to a challenging game, and that's what made me keep coming back.

Also, for those reviewers saying people are too hard on this game for not being like Diablo II and it should be considered a new game on it's own, that's complete rubbish, if they intended it as a new game or a reinterpreting of an old one Blizzard could have given it a different name.
  2. May 16, 2012
    The game is an entire disappointment. The game suffers from low resolution of the textures, the models of fall poligonización, and some of the works from animation disorganized that I have attended. Sound - redeeming characteristic. It gave to me º and a game of 2 only for the band of sound is good. History - Nothing special, struck already... To where was it allThe game is an entire disappointment. The game suffers from low resolution of the textures, the models of fall poligonización, and some of the works from animation disorganized that I have attended. Sound - redeeming characteristic. It gave to me º and a game of 2 only for the band of sound is good. History - Nothing special, struck already... To where was it all this time the development do they go? Forced DR Expand
  3. May 16, 2012
    I have to agree that this game has been a humongous dissapointment. For all the years we waited, this is what we get. Server issues aside (which were horrible), the game just isn't fun. The graphics are horribly dated, yet you need a decent system to run the game. Seems rushed. Needing to be online all the time to just play, even solo is not a good idea. If they could re-do Diablo 2I have to agree that this game has been a humongous dissapointment. For all the years we waited, this is what we get. Server issues aside (which were horrible), the game just isn't fun. The graphics are horribly dated, yet you need a decent system to run the game. Seems rushed. Needing to be online all the time to just play, even solo is not a good idea. If they could re-do Diablo 2 in hi-res you'd see just how great that game looked. This just doesn't even feel like a Diablo game. Feels very sanitized. The color is terrible. Feel like this game has regressed from where it was in D2. Diablo I, was way better than this. I'm not going to say its too short, because I explore every bit of the map, but not being able to even play much, I can only base it on what I've seen. Its a feeling of been there, and done that. If it had a Single Player offiline mode I'd rate it a 4. Its just not that good. Its obvious that the real talent left and they started from scratch and rushed it. Shame on Blizzard for not paying more for servers/infrastructure in the Americas. Just wholeheartedly dissapointed in it. Expand
  4. May 16, 2012
    A $20 game at best but sold for $60. Outdated controls, bland gameplay even by hack n slash dungeon crawler standards. Online only really made things worse. There's a lot of negatives about the game and they greatly out weigh the positives. In the end it's a $20 game that they tried to charge top dollar for and that plus some big blunders in design and planning have caused a backlash.
  5. May 16, 2012
    No offline mode, errors galore... If this is the future of gaming I'm going to start building model airplanes instead. Torchlight 2 looks 10x better at 1/3 the price.
  6. May 16, 2012
    I'm disappointed with the game.
    The character is not customizable. This is the essence of RPG. You can create the character the way you want and blizzard killed it.
    You don't need to use more reasoning to play. The game is very easy and fully automatic .. That is, you only need to click to play the character and drive the rest is all done automatically. Honestly the only thing I like about
    I'm disappointed with the game.
    You don't need to use more reasoning to play.
    The game is very easy and fully automatic ..
    Honestly the only thing I like about this game were the graphics.
  7. May 16, 2012
    First off, this game is a trashcan dumpster recycle bin. Why, you might ask? Man, oh man, where do I begin? The graphics are terribly outdated ( You could call it decent if the game came out in 2006 or 2007) and are disturbingly cartoonish. The game is completely adapted to casual gamers and it is filled with elements borrowed from the infamous World of Warcraft. I was amazed when I sawFirst off, this game is a trashcan dumpster recycle bin. Why, you might ask? Man, oh man, where do I begin? The graphics are terribly outdated ( You could call it decent if the game came out in 2006 or 2007) and are disturbingly cartoonish. The game is completely adapted to casual gamers and it is filled with elements borrowed from the infamous World of Warcraft. I was amazed when I saw Diablo die and the screen flashed and achievements popped up. This completely stunned me since I was expecting a splendid, dark and atmospheric experience similar to its predecessor Diablo 2. Instead, what i got was a huge disappointment, an abomination and a disgrace to all old D2 players. Oh and let's not forget the server issues, lack of LAN options, Player vs Player and Offline Single Player. Expand
  8. May 16, 2012
    After 4 hours in a 24 hour span of nothing but error messages I finally was able to play Diablo III for about six hours. The game is nothing like what I had hoped. Every character of the same class is identical, except for equipment. There's no deviation in skills/abilities because their unlock is not strategically chosen by the player but unlocked based on level achieved. There are noAfter 4 hours in a 24 hour span of nothing but error messages I finally was able to play Diablo III for about six hours. The game is nothing like what I had hoped. Every character of the same class is identical, except for equipment. There's no deviation in skills/abilities because their unlock is not strategically chosen by the player but unlocked based on level achieved. There are no stat points to spend to customize your ascension, there are no talents you can choose from a tree - it's just a skill choice + a rune choice for your attack, and every single player has the exact same options available to choose from, all of the time.

The AI has been very buggy, with my followers just standing around watching as I fight. They sometimes just get stuck, unsure of how to reach me when standing just 10' away up a flight of stairs. There is no path finding to speak of - if I click on a point on the screen to move to, and there isn't a beeline path to reach it my character does nothing. Several times my character has lagged and jumped around on screen, and not due to the use of an ability.

I hear the story is remarkably short compared to the previous Diablo games. So far the cinematics have been good (but HEAVILY compressed, and very messy with a lot of blocking/blurring during high-movement scenes, which seem common) and the in-game graphics look like you're playing World of Warcraft with a slightly different camera angle. The UI is improved from Diablo II, so Blizzard can tout that benefit from their mandate that all players remain connected to BattleNet ALL of the time. However, that could have been done without the draconic DRM that disconnects you the second your internet connection flakes out. I have yet to try the Auction House feature.

I intend to keep playing, to see the game through to the end but so far Diablo III is a real letdown as a followup to Diablo II and Diablo II: LoD.
  9. May 16, 2012
    The game itself is probably an 8/10, but the DRM sinks it straight down to a negative score. Unfortunately, I can't give it a negative score, so I have to go with 0 for now. DRM is the hemorrhage of the gaming industry, and it's time developers actually listen to their customers.
  10. May 16, 2012
    DRM destroyed this game for me. Blizzard is basically the Google of online gaming, at this point. I can't be convinced that they are so incompetent as to have the exact same result with every game they release. I suspect they are intentionally sandbagging their launches to drive demand down until it can be met by server capacity. I really wish I hadn't bought this game.

Crackpot

Crackpot theories aside the game itself feels more like a tribute to Diablo than an actual part of the series. The gameplay would have seemed modern and innovative if it had been released 10 years ago but compared to the current crop of Diablo-a-likes it's just sort of bland. The level of difficulty is frustrating in that the majority of the game is a clicky snooze fest until you're awoken by some random miniboss instakilling you. But hey, at least there's an auction house, right?

Anyway... of the two points I'm awarding this game, one comes from the fact that it aroused my nostalgia for its predecessors... which was enjoyable. The second is for the beautiful environments that act as the game's setting. The graphics might be a little dated but the sense of scale and wonder evoked by the game world is actually quite lovely.
  11. May 16, 2012
    I bought this game because I just built a new computer and seen all the hype. I figured there would be issues and waited for about 24 hours before purchasing. I was unable to play due to errors at login and what I did see was lagged. I will try again tonight. Haven't been able to play the game I bought yet.
  12. i20
    May 16, 2012
    Decent game, huge production value, repetitive but deep gameplay. Yet deeply flawed because of the DRM. I feel like I don't own the game. I payed 60$ for 15gig of game data. I OWN them and I want to play them WHEN I WANT TO. So there: Blizzard fished up.
  13. May 16, 2012
    A step backwards for the entire gaming industry.
    Rather than give players a full game experience, Blizzard-Activision decided to pull offline mode and LAN mode from the game.
    The game series just isn't the same without it. Because Blizzard was afraid of pirates, the people who actually have paid for the game now have to suffer the consequences. Infact, pirates have already made the game
    A step backwards for the entire gaming industry.
    The game series just isn't the same without it.
    Infact, pirates have already made the game public for download and have an offline mode.
    The pirates have actually improved the game and given people a reason to pirate rather than purchasing.
    Do not buy the game, do not buy it's DLC, and do not talk about it. This is how you make the game die and send a message to the developers.
  14. May 16, 2012
    This is a highly anticipated sequel with a premium pricetag that is in no way justified.

The graphics are fair at best and already feel somewhat dated on release. The stat skill assigning has been replaced by az system that allows for far less customization and which feels completely dumbed down. No more assigning stat points, they game does it for you every level. Skill trees have beenreplaced by a runes system that is completely uninteresting.

The game itself doesn't do nearly the job of drawing you into the game as Diablo 2 did. The game is also ridiculously short for an RPG - 7-10 hours for a playthrough is not uncommon. It's so short that it feels like a long overdue 2nd expansion for Diablo 3 with a graphics overhaul at a full game's price. The always-on DRM even for a single player playthrough means that you MUST log in to Blizzard's servers to play. If you can't log in for whatever reason or your connection drops out, you are not permitted to play the game you bought and paid for.

Blizzard has dropped the ball on this game big time. Do not buy until it hits the bargain bin. At least that way you're not paying a premium game's price for less content than is in some expansion packs.
  15. May 16, 2012
    Terrible game. Awful connection problems have ruined this launch. They should have put more effort into reviving this title. You have got to get launches right!
  16. May 16, 2012
    not because it is unworthy of merit, but rather because it is not actually a game.
    it is a profit generating machine and nothing else. no character customization leaves gear the only point of differentiation. this is overly convenient for their cash auction house. watch what happens every time they release a new piece of gear into the 'economy'. this isn't designed to be fun. its
    it is a profit generating machine and nothing else.
    no character customization leaves gear the only point of differentiation.
    this is overly convenient for their cash auction house.

this isn't designed to be fun. its designed to make blizzard a ton of money.
    as an industry artist: what blizzard has done offends me greatly.
    they are damaging the industry. blizzard is the wal-mart of gaming.
  17. May 16, 2012
    We won't accept this kind of DRM from any gaming company.
    Always online single player? What a piece of crap! I have lag playing the Single Player Campaign which I want to play alone like I did with my other Diablos so no, thanks.
    We won't accept this kind of DRM from any gaming company.
    What about those of us who are not in North America or Europe? We have massive pings against blizzard's servers and that has no solution. (I've heard people from inside Europe and America are getting quite nasty pings aswell).
    Also the RMAH and all that "Pay to win" crap is disappointing.
    This is no longer Diablo, this is "play wow alone, or with a maximum of 3 friends".
    You did it, you destroyed a highly anticipated sequel blizzard.
    They could have implemented an offline SP and peer to peer multiplayer and we would have next to no lag whatsoever. THAT is GOOD netcode.
    The gameplay suffers highly from the lag.
    Because of all of this + poor graphics + dumbed down gameplay + hardly any customization (because of no stats, etc) I give this game (stating an average game is a 5/10) a remarkable 0.
    We, gamers, don't like greedy corporations. We want good games.
  18. May 16, 2012
    This game is great but it misses the little something Diablo 2 had. no customization (skill pts), no rune words (so far), and everything was nerfed. It feels like WoW but with gore. Graphics are ok but not awesome, they look like 5 years old. The game play is pretty easy to get. I think the weakest point of this game is the multiplayer : Random games... Seriously? This is Diablo III, notThis game is great but it misses the little something Diablo 2 had. no customization (skill pts), no rune words (so far), and everything was nerfed. It feels like WoW but with gore. Graphics are ok but not awesome, they look like 5 years old. The game play is pretty easy to get. I think the weakest point of this game is the multiplayer : Random games... Seriously? This is Diablo III, not CoD! Bring me back my server creation system! Somethimes I want to Trade my stuff, not absolutely sell it to the AH! This is a Beat em' all, not a MMO. And the AH thing is a terrible idea. Do you know how many koreans are gonna control this market. Guys, let us create custom games with custom names, let us trade freely. You can let the AH but please, I want to be able to create a game like in D2. Enigma4Fort, you know? Expand
  19. May 16, 2012
    Shocking and disappointing. If you can get over the fact you have to pay above average for the game and that you can buy in game money for real world money there are still major problems. Before I get to that I still want to say that this game is nothing more then an obvious money sink now rather then a true attempt to carry on what may loved about D2. Its my love the last game thatShocking and disappointing. If you can get over the fact you have to pay above average for the game and that you can buy in game money for real world money there are still major problems. Before I get to that I still want to say that this game is nothing more then an obvious money sink now rather then a true attempt to carry on what may loved about D2. Its my love the last game that made me give this a go and put aside the unpleasantness surrounding the game. I should have known better. Things have been stripped apart like customisation and how can you not have an offline mode?! Oh right, need to make money as mentioned. All other game companies while obvious like EA, at least rationalised things like pre-release DLC. What Blizzard have done to Diablo 3 make them look like good guys!!! Wow cant believe I can say that. As for gameplay, well since the servers have collapsed things arnt going great there either. Yet another blunder on a list longer then my arm. To be fair the games started off quite good, but there are so many things missing and already Im seeing fast tracked explanations and associations. I think I may grow to eventually like the game, but I cannot justify Blizzard antics, this has become a circus. Thus my zero. Sorry Blizzard. You become a monster of your own success. Its apparent its about the money and not the game and so you have forever lost a customer going forward Expand
  20. May 16, 2012
    I was hoping for more out of D3. This is an early review and I will update the review after I finish at least Nightmare mode. Dumbed down skills = why? You had a very large fan base why the need to make it easier. No avatar customization, I know it's a single player game but I have to play online on your servers so.... Only five classes, if you had skill trees that allowed each of thoseI was hoping for more out of D3. This is an early review and I will update the review after I finish at least Nightmare mode. Dumbed down skills = why? You had a very large fan base why the need to make it easier. No avatar customization, I know it's a single player game but I have to play online on your servers so.... Only five classes, if you had skill trees that allowed each of those classes to effectively be another three different classes I would understand, but now they are all the same so why no variety.
    I have somewhat enjoyed some of the game so far, I may have had to high of expectations.
  21. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a wow clone. I got a bad feeling when they have named the dark wanderer to "aldrict", when the dark wanderer really was yourself the adventurer who smacke dthe soulstone in your own face at diablo 1 end cinematics.
    And yet still claims that the doings in Diablo 2 was "brave adventurers" whilst just backstabbing all the Diablo 1 gamers by calling them all "Aldricgt" som of king leoric.
    Man the game itself sucks big time and is a hughe wow clone in sheep clothing, but to whack up the diablo storyline to more resemble WOW lore, that is low.
    And whats with the cinematic looking like papermachie from a flash game, stills floating around and a voice in the background.
    no i am very dissapointed, i give a 1 just not to dissapoint someone that spended money on a usless product, like all those who baught WOW in the beginning, paying 60euros and some months later just realizing that they spent 60 euros on something they never can play anymore.
    Why will D3 be the same? Because when people start hitting infernal, everyone is forced to buy gold because the inflation will look like always in mmos, the best item will cost u a staggering 10 million gold.
  22. May 16, 2012
    Purchased the digital copy to be able to play a 4player coop game as soon as 12:01am PDT passed... from Blizzard, the copy with the largest amount of MMO subscribers, and I could not play it for a couple days due to network-server issues occurring at off-work hours.

I understand launches MMO launches, but this is not an MMO, it is a 4 player coop game where items-characters are saved server side. People could play if u were lucky to get in early, the game worked, you just could not log in. A 1 score for requiring Battle net, which was a failure, to play a single player game as a DRM solution.
  23. May 16, 2012
    Remember that time when you ordered a pizza but it was bad, and you excreted diarrhea all over the house? That, figuratively speaking, is exactly the kind of impression Diablo 3 leaves you with. Basically, the gameplay is overlly simplified and linear, you cant even play offline, and the story and graphics are laughable.The saddest part though, is that our noble efforts to reveal the TRUTHRemember that time when you ordered a pizza but it was bad, and you excreted diarrhea all over the house? That, figuratively speaking, is exactly the kind of impression Diablo 3 leaves you with. Basically, the gameplay is overlly simplified and linear, you cant even play offline, and the story and graphics are laughable.The saddest part though, is that our noble efforts to reveal the TRUTH is being written off as "mindless trolling". If preventing people from buying rubbish is trolling than I think real "trolls" are the capitalist garbage who get peoples hopes up only to smash them later just for some cash. Diablo now joins the ever growing list of dead or dying game franchises. Expand
  24. May 16, 2012
    Note - the negative reviews, hysterical as they may be, sound more like actual customers and less like paid posters than the postive ones, while the "professional critic" reviews are either glorified european blogs with a grand total of two or three on the staff or bigger outfits that live in fear of having their ATVI advertising money cut off.

The reality is that it is a game with a

The reality is that it is a game with a talented team behind it, but zero experience in the genre. I'd advise checking out Torchlight II if you want to experience a game at a fair price made by people who have done it a few times before.
  25. May 16, 2012
    This game was a massive disappointment. Terrible service from Blizzard, laggy servers, and server shutdowns. Booted out of standard edition because of a "transaction error". Money was not refunded. My excitement regarding this game has hit a rock-bottom. Congratulations Blizzard.
  26. May 16, 2012
    This game is garbage.
    Challenge is non existent, you can beat it in around 9 hours. And if theres a server issue, you won't get any loot for beating the game.
    Buggy as hell, if you give a templar a shield it boots you out of the game and you can't get back in. (But who would ever think of giving a shield to a knight, thats just silly) Also the DRM prevents people who have purchased the
    This game is garbage.
    Also the DRM prevents people who have purchased the game from playing if theres a server issue. I'm not talking just multiplayer, that would be fine, but if the servers are full or down you can't play single player.
    You'll spend most of your time with this game either seeing error 37 or 3003.
    My advice avoid it.
    Vote with your wallet, if you don't like the idea of a company not letting you play a game single player at your leisure, that you can only play when its ok with them, then do not buy this game.
  27. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 requires a constant internet connection in order to play the game. This means if your net goes down, you are somewhere without internet, Blizzard's servers are down, you are unable to play the game you paid money for and while you are unable to play, the pirates will be playing. Paying customers get the shaft again while the pirates are given the superior version of the game.Diablo 3 requires a constant internet connection in order to play the game. This means if your net goes down, you are somewhere without internet, Blizzard's servers are down, you are unable to play the game you paid money for and while you are unable to play, the pirates will be playing. Paying customers get the shaft again while the pirates are given the superior version of the game.

Better games in the Genre include Grim Dawn (though it wont be out until next year) and Torchlight 2 (should come out soon, unfortunately it requires an internet connection along side limited installs or Steam, but better than a constant internet connection).
  28. May 16, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 1. The ONLY reason it gets a 1 is because I paid $60 and Blizzard actually gave me the disc. I'M SURPRISE THOSE JAGONS EVEN DID THAT!@!!@!!!! it's like - what in the world are they thinking? You don't wait this long, beta test and even have PRE-ORDER NUMBERS and go into your launch unprepared. It amazes me what money can do these days.

Thanks for robbing me blind

Thanks for robbing me blind Blizzard! Looking forward to "Project Titan" you jagons.
  29. May 16, 2012
    If you want it for the singleplayer story portion only, wait till it hits the bargain bin in a couple months. Its short and linear, not worth the asking price by any stretch of the imagination.

This is not the Blizzard from the 'good old days'. This is the 'we want to be like EA blizzard'.
  30. May 16, 2012
    I used to be a huge Blizzard fan. Where should I start?

1) Game time â
  31. May 16, 2012
    watered down diablo 2 gameplay with prettier graphics. of course, those complaints only apply if you've managed to authenticate with blizzard to play your supposed single player game. but i guess running a real world money auction house for easy profit is much more important than being able to actually play my single player game.
  32. May 16, 2012
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Yeah, there's different icing, but underneath it's the same cake. You still click the mouse button until your fingers fall off, waiting for that one super-drop to make it all worthwhile. Add to that the massive fail of "must always be online" and servers crashing and you get ... my zero rating.
  33. May 16, 2012
    Internet connection to play single player mode????? NO. NO. NO.

If I give you $60 to play your game, I should not have to go online to play it single player.

I do not care about Blizzards 'online economy.' Allow me to opt out of using your economy if I just want to play single player.

NO. NO. NO.
  34. May 16, 2012
    This game was a big time let-down for me, having LOVED the previous 2 releases. You can't just play the game any time or anywhere as was previously possible in the past. You now have to rely on their server stability *uggh* That one is a show-stopper for me, since I'm only a Hard-core single player. If I can't play when I want to, then the score is a ZERO for me. I wish I would have knownThis game was a big time let-down for me, having LOVED the previous 2 releases. You can't just play the game any time or anywhere as was previously possible in the past. You now have to rely on their server stability *uggh* That one is a show-stopper for me, since I'm only a Hard-core single player. If I can't play when I want to, then the score is a ZERO for me. I wish I would have known that before buying it! Expand
  35. obz
    May 16, 2012
    Ahh Blizzard... After more than 10 years of waiting the expectations were high. It seems you not only didn't care but went out of your wait to put a thumb in the eyes of fans of the Diablo brand. I've compiled a bit of a list of the negative:
    -can't play without Interest connection (even single player game) > agitating and frustrate legitimate customers > horrible authoritarian DRM
    -no skill distribution > all characters will be the same at 60...
    -pay-to-win cash shop
    -graphics are pretty lacking as low resolution textures are hidden behind blur
    -graphics too WoW like, art direction unlike previous Diablo games. Grim, dark, and scary replaced with Wow cartoonish, excessively colourful and bland
    -few character animations
    -characters look the same (little visual customization)
    -cookie cutter abilities, auto attribute leveling system
    -cliche story
    -removed Diablo 1,2 features with WoW simplistic features
    -lack of content, game beatable in
  36. May 16, 2012
    The game is extremely childish. It was made retard prof without any bit of planing, choice or tactical elements. Equipment is next to meaningless. I'm at level 30 running naked and killing everything on sight by holding my left mouse button.

It's by far my worst purchase of this year and the worst dungeon crawler I have played. Not even Dungeon Siege was this bare-bone and this simplistic.

And I'm not even considering the always on DRM, error 37, stupid server issues like having 1500ms latency when pinging any west coast site gives me normal pings.

I'm gonna go call my bank and request a charge-back now and assume this site based review will either be made by an impressible 8 year old or a biased guy.
  37. May 16, 2012
    This game is just another proof of how greedy Blizzard became. Diablo 3 just beat the 60 bucks plank and breached to a new level - 77$ in my region. And what do we get for that price? 1) Poor story. Re-usage of everything that was in Diablo 2, and nothing new. 2) Internet connection needed to play in single player. Screw this, i don't want to not be able to play a game i paid for justThis game is just another proof of how greedy Blizzard became. Diablo 3 just beat the 60 bucks plank and breached to a new level - 77$ in my region. And what do we get for that price? 1) Poor story. Re-usage of everything that was in Diablo 2, and nothing new. 2) Internet connection needed to play in single player. Screw this, i don't want to not be able to play a game i paid for just because Blizzard servers are screwed up.
    3) No LAN. Nuff said.
    4) All characters look awful. Male Demon Hunter and Mage look like some emo, but definitely not like a world savers. 5) In-game action house is just a way to ruin balance for players. And for Blizzard, it's another way to milk us.
    6) The game is too short. Some Korean beat it in 12 hours and 29 minutes. Wut? Wondering what took Blizzard so long to make that game...
    7) And finally, as 95% of new games on the market, it became casual. Yep, a game for those who don't give a crap about character customization, challenge, and plot. As everyone already said: no skill points to spend, everything upgrades itself just like in World of Warcraft, all abilities unlocking automatically, et cetera. It's not Action-RPG anymore. The RPG part is merely an illusion. The rating you see here, totally explains the quality of this game. And for all those fan-boys out there who gives Diablo 3 more than 6 score: after the "new shiny thing wow effect" fades away, take a closer look, and see for yourself, how awful the game market looks like now.
  38. May 16, 2012
    I'm giving it a 1. It would be a 9-10.....IF I could play it single player without having to worry if the servers are going to go down and kick me out of the game. I'm so upset about it that I'm planning on returning what I consider a 9-10 game. Only because I'm able to only get a hour, two max of playtime without being kicked off due to server issues...for a SINGLE player game that is terrible.
  39. May 16, 2012
    It's probably the best of the hack&slash..... But it's just a hack&slash. If you love this type of game, you'll probably get an orgasm. But if it's the story and the alternatives in the gameplay wich are moving you one, just a word will come in your mind : boring. This game is ........... boring. Oh yeah, the loot is great, your player is growing up in the strength ....... and that'sIt's probably the best of the hack&slash..... But it's just a hack&slash. If you love this type of game, you'll probably get an orgasm. But if it's the story and the alternatives in the gameplay wich are moving you one, just a word will come in your mind : boring. This game is ........... boring. Oh yeah, the loot is great, your player is growing up in the strength ....... and that's all. I've played it for 6 hours, and there were 5 pain hours. Seriously , how can someone stay and click click click for hours, without strategy, without story, without anything just a little laughable. It's like work, and what a want when i touch a game, it's to play, not to farm hours after hours for a **** sword Expand
  40. May 16, 2012
    Old and old-fashioned. The graphics look grainy, even with everything set for the best resolution. There is no character customization at all. It allows only one overhead view perspective (and a zoom, which only highlights how crude the renderings are). Ten years ago, it would have been a decent sequel. Today, it looks and plays very primitively compared to rpgs such as Dragon Age,Old and old-fashioned. The graphics look grainy, even with everything set for the best resolution. There is no character customization at all. It allows only one overhead view perspective (and a zoom, which only highlights how crude the renderings are). Ten years ago, it would have been a decent sequel. Today, it looks and plays very primitively compared to rpgs such as Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights, and especially, Skyrim. I don't usually give any game (or album) zero points, but after three hours of playing, I just couldn't find anything interesting in the game. My eyes were also worn out from the poor graphics. Expand
  41. May 16, 2012
    Lets see graphics 4/10 ( charaters look like 2002-2004 dx 6.0.7.0..lame...sound 9/10 specially the barbarian has good ones the weapons and charges gameplay 5/10 kinda lame cant use wasd ( ON PC!, movement is laggy even on a ultra enthusiast rig ) watered down gameplay they say attribites..char customization made the game booring..confusing and KEEPING players from the actionLets see graphics 4/10 ( charaters look like 2002-2004 dx 6.0.7.0..lame...sound 9/10 specially the barbarian has good ones the weapons and charges gameplay 5/10 kinda lame cant use wasd ( ON PC!, movement is laggy even on a ultra enthusiast rig ) watered down gameplay they say attribites..char customization made the game booring..confusing and KEEPING players from the action RIGHT?...riiight...lame so now you get skills at each lvl until lvl 60 and can do a variety of combos with 4 skills and on top of that a lame rune system...and least but not the last CONECTIVITY ...2/10...apart from every huge franchise launch wich is guaranteed to ahve a bumy launch , if you manage to pass the login screen various errors and your cahracter is still there all good and lastly....RMAH well not only you cna aparently and you will sell gold for real cash BUT you can also use real money to buy something but heres the CATCH nobody tells you you need a 1 bnet account 2 paypal account 3 AN MOBILE PHONE (not all carriers are acepted for the secore sms bs ( see bnet account for more details create one for free) 4 an authenticator wich isnt available in all countries in europe AND lastly an max 250$ liit to any item put on the rmah that on top of the 15% fee blizz gets off any item if it sells on teh rmah AND another 15% if the sale goes thru adn you decide to cash in through paypal for ex

And lastly no offlijne mode and no offline singleplayer like starcraft 2 has ( or anythign similar to that)

my score for this mess is 3/10, no diablo atmosphere...( wow more like, booring gameplay, none of that awsomeness d1/d2 had and it took 10 years...right, i wouldnt recommend this game to any rpg fan or action rpg

The rmah isnt such an big deal but for the 'hoops one has to go thru to even sell an item and then cash out its retarded..the black market or 3/4th party sites for this game are in heaven" )
  42. May 16, 2012
    I hereby dub this title "Spore-ablo". You'd think Blizzard/Activision would have learned from EA's mistakes when it comes to implementing heavily intrusive DRM, but the way it was implemented proves otherwise. Trying to get your connectivity issues resolved through tech support is useless. As others have mentioned, the development team for Diablo 1 and 2 left this company quite some timeI hereby dub this title "Spore-ablo". You'd think Blizzard/Activision would have learned from EA's mistakes when it comes to implementing heavily intrusive DRM, but the way it was implemented proves otherwise. Trying to get your connectivity issues resolved through tech support is useless. As others have mentioned, the development team for Diablo 1 and 2 left this company quite some time ago... and it shows in the quality, or complete lack thereof, of what Blizzard released. Expand
  43. May 16, 2012
    I am not jumping on the hate bandwagon, this is honesty pure and simple. This game, is, the BIGGEST let down, EVER. The DRM in this game has ruined it for me. I can kind of understand Starcraft 2, what being a competitive RTS, so, you need to protect players, but, this is just ridiculous. The game play is incredibly mundane and the environments/textures are bland. Epic EPIC letdown.
  44. May 16, 2012
    Just doing this because it happened to Mw3. I rather enjoy Diablo 3, and have had 0 problems. Everyone knew going in that it required internet connection. They didn't have to buy it, and Blizzard didn't need their money. All in all, they simplified most of the game, but games need to change. We cannot continue to have the same stale video games over and over again. Blizzard did anJust doing this because it happened to Mw3. I rather enjoy Diablo 3, and have had 0 problems. Everyone knew going in that it required internet connection. They didn't have to buy it, and Blizzard didn't need their money. All in all, they simplified most of the game, but games need to change. We cannot continue to have the same stale video games over and over again. Blizzard did an amazing job with this game. Expand
  45. May 16, 2012
    Well this game sure sucks. Had it been just a random game from an unknown developer I would not be this hard on it. In fact it would be somewhat respectable, but this is Diablo 3. Turns out it is a bastard mix between Diablo 2 and WOW, but without the parts that made the Diablo prequels great. Dumbed down, cartooned up and absolutely uninspiring to me. This is what I feared since theWell this game sure sucks. Had it been just a random game from an unknown developer I would not be this hard on it. In fact it would be somewhat respectable, but this is Diablo 3. Turns out it is a bastard mix between Diablo 2 and WOW, but without the parts that made the Diablo prequels great. Dumbed down, cartooned up and absolutely uninspiring to me. This is what I feared since the first images and info from this game emerged years ago. Blizzard was the gaming company I held above all other, now I just despise them. F U Blizzard! Expand
  46. May 16, 2012
    First, I will not talk about the day of the release, ONLY of the game itself. TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. It's not just the TOTAL lack of personalization, the TOTAL lack of technical decisions and the TOTAL lack of responsibility in your choices ... Blizzard has made it a game to play TELETUBBIES and TODDLERS. Diablo3 Have NOTHING than it did that after DIABLO 2 was worth waiting 12 years for aFirst, I will not talk about the day of the release, ONLY of the game itself. TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. It's not just the TOTAL lack of personalization, the TOTAL lack of technical decisions and the TOTAL lack of responsibility in your choices ... Blizzard has made it a game to play TELETUBBIES and TODDLERS. Diablo3 Have NOTHING than it did that after DIABLO 2 was worth waiting 12 years for a third part. TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT, i want my money back! Expand
  47. May 16, 2012
    Just terrible. Graphics is outdated, no storyline and gameplay... bleah, pure grind with a bit of farm. No skill required, no building options, boring skill tree and so on.
  48. May 16, 2012
    The game is a real let down, stutters all over the place and no Single player offline mode, people just want to enjoy what Diablo is all about, the best SINGLE PLAYER experience ever, and with that online requirement and assets loading and stuttering the game all the time we will never be able to enjoy the game as it should be The game maybe have great mechanics but the online requirementThe game is a real let down, stutters all over the place and no Single player offline mode, people just want to enjoy what Diablo is all about, the best SINGLE PLAYER experience ever, and with that online requirement and assets loading and stuttering the game all the time we will never be able to enjoy the game as it should be The game maybe have great mechanics but the online requirement is just a shame, Blizzard will have to give us a totally offline mode for single player even if we can't use those items on the Multiplayer modes, the real joy of Diablo is to play it single player the rest is just to expand the lifespan of the game Expand
  49. May 16, 2012
    Rename the game to World of Warcraft Battlefield Edition and we're set. This game has almost nothing to do with Diablo 1&2 which is a shame... Fans voiced their opinions about this since the first presentations, they made the game for profit not for their fans.
  50. May 16, 2012
    Unlike past games in the Diablo series, you as a player are left completely out of Blizzard's equation. Your money, however, is not. With the design of the auction house, and the 60 dollar price tag for an incomplete game (11th hour removal of PVP to be released later. Granted, PVP in Diablo was never that great, but, huh?) it's pretty obvious that they're trying to take as much of yourUnlike past games in the Diablo series, you as a player are left completely out of Blizzard's equation. Your money, however, is not. With the design of the auction house, and the 60 dollar price tag for an incomplete game (11th hour removal of PVP to be released later. Granted, PVP in Diablo was never that great, but, huh?) it's pretty obvious that they're trying to take as much of your money possible with as poor of a product that they can feasibly manage. Aside from a monthly subscription, this game was constructed from beginning to end out of a playbook to maximize addiction and minimize reward. In other words, Koreans will love it.

So you've already spent your money? That's fine. You get to click things, and, like Diablo 1 and 2, the first few sections are actually quite fun. However, by the time you've reached the second act, the world will have grown stale, and the old monsters you were clicking on will be replaced by new monsters to click on. It's a gameplay style that grows old fast, and even though I haven't played a point-and-click hacknslash for years, it felt just as boring as the day I put down the last one.

In conclusion, Diablo 3 is a boring game meant to take your money if you have an addictive personality. There is no fun here, only grind.
  51. May 16, 2012
    The internet need to play single player game is what killed the game.
    I don't have internet access all the time, so I can't play whenever I want to.
    Blizzard fails!
  52. May 16, 2012
    The same game from 12 years ago, but now you have to deal with the unreliability of the Blizzard servers. If you can get over that the game is one dimensional without any choices along the way besides for run or charge...
  53. May 16, 2012
    Elitism, absurd hardware specs to run a game at his "full potential", DRM, poor game design and many other issues have almost killed pc gaming. Why should i bother about Diablo 3 when i can get Dark Souls on console?
  54. May 16, 2012
    Alright I'll also give this a 1. No major publisher should have these kinds of issues in the market today. I'm not crying to my mommy or whining to hear myself.. i'm just taken aback at how pathetic this truly is.

The game, for the little bit I was able to play before one of the several server crashes, is exactly as you'd expect it to be. The 'dungeon crawler' genre is pretty well finalized, and this is just another entry in that genre. The previous Diablo games were instrumental in defining this game type, but at least they gave the option of single player with no DRM-based server control. It was a different menu button that separated single and multi. Now greed and corporate idiocy has combined them, and clearly pissed off the people that they depend on for revenue. But hey, you already got money from most of us.. so who's really the sucker. I'd keep writing but now I expect to get booted from every webpage I visit for more than 10 minutes due to a 3006 error.
  55. May 16, 2012
    It is really an strange position. The Diablo II was an good game with a consistent desolate and dark theme and solid difficulty balance. It was never too easy but never impossible also. Diablo III tries to 'fix' the best things in Diablo II and the result is a... trainwreck. See the game itself is not too bad but the heart wrenching pain and numerous hoops you have to jump to just login toIt is really an strange position. The Diablo II was an good game with a consistent desolate and dark theme and solid difficulty balance. It was never too easy but never impossible also. Diablo III tries to 'fix' the best things in Diablo II and the result is a... trainwreck. See the game itself is not too bad but the heart wrenching pain and numerous hoops you have to jump to just login to play is a very very cruel joke by Blizz. I am stuck as I (along with 2 million peoples) was idiot enough to preorder it. I have played it for almost 10 hours and for that I had to either wait to login or backtrack for lost savegame due to connection loss for almost 2 hours total! Mind blowing I know! Every big company makes a product that marks the downfall of its fanbase and slow but steady decline. I am sure that Diablo III is that product as it has alienated me, an 6 years devoted fan of Blizzard. Perhaps I will get that Torchlight game others are talking about. I heard that game actually lets you play! Expand
  56. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard USED to be a company that gamer's respected for only releasing polished games. I was more than happy to wait for StarCraft 2 to be developed because I knew when it was released that it would be flawless. I had the same expectations with Diablo 3 after over 10 years of waiting. The past few days have shown that Blizzard has changed. The simple lack of being prepared withBlizzard USED to be a company that gamer's respected for only releasing polished games. I was more than happy to wait for StarCraft 2 to be developed because I knew when it was released that it would be flawless. I had the same expectations with Diablo 3 after over 10 years of waiting. The past few days have shown that Blizzard has changed. The simple lack of being prepared with adequate server capacity and the sheer amount of errors related to in game bugs (templar shield equip), Battlenet issues, language support, etc is just insulting. In addition to this, the fact that many of the game's features were cut from the initial launch (RMAH, PVP, etc) tells me that they had even more time to focus on the core gameplay and to iron out the simple issues of being able to log in. Unfortunately, I have already paid for this game so my boycott of Blizzard will have to wait, but mark my words that I will NEVER buy another product from Blizzard for as long as I live. Expand
  57. May 16, 2012
    I was afraid that I was going to be disappointed in the latest of the Diablo series. Why? As I watched the Diablo 3 panels at Blizzcon I noticed something. I noticed that Blizzard kept comparing Diablo 3 to World of Warcraft. I thought that this was troubling because the games should be nothing alike. First let me say that I loved Diablo 2 and I loved WoW. But they are no more similar thanI was afraid that I was going to be disappointed in the latest of the Diablo series. Why? As I watched the Diablo 3 panels at Blizzcon I noticed something. I noticed that Blizzard kept comparing Diablo 3 to World of Warcraft. I thought that this was troubling because the games should be nothing alike. First let me say that I loved Diablo 2 and I loved WoW. But they are no more similar than Starcraft is to either of them. Attributes, skills, auction house, arena PVP, everyone easily reaching max level cap, and no reasonable reason to make more than 1 of any given character are just some of the similarities to WoW. None of the things I just listed are true of Diablo 2. If you never played Diablo 2 religiously then you will probably enjoy Diablo 3 more than most. But if you are a lover of the Diablo series, then this game is a major disappointment. I'd rather play WoW than play a linear RPG with inferior controls. There is no reason to keep you coming back for more, nothing besides a smash your face hard PVE scene. Oh wait, WoW does that better too. ugh Expand
  58. May 16, 2012
    Well, Blizzard should first fix its servers before selling the game. Apparently, they learnt nothing from the stress test. On a side note, always on DRM and auction house with real money, conveys a lot about Blizzard's greed.
  59. May 16, 2012
    Always online DRM and less character customization than the previous title... 12 years ago?
    unacceptable. i hope half of the people who would have purchased this game decide not to on the DRM basis alone. paying gamers should not tolerate this inconvenience merely because blizzard is scared that they will only make record breaking sales.
  60. May 16, 2012
    First of all there's a lot of outright false reviews and lies in these user submitted reviews. nobody beat the game in 2-3 hours, etc. Take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt, even my own review.

Well..I was able to play for 10 minutes on launch day (Tueday) before going to work in the morning. Seemed to play smoothly and I even had fun, despite it being the same content from the Beat I played several times. After work I couldn't log in due to blizzard having issues with their servrers. So I went to visit a friend in the hospital for a couple hours. Came back, had some dinner, and couldn't log in for the remainder of the evening. BlizzardCS on Twitter confirmed both times that they were experiencing issues. I understand that blizzard launch games go like this, but I can't even play the game by myself, in solo mode, because of their ridiculous server-side DRM. So basically I paid $60 for a splash screen and numerous log-in errors. So for now I'll give the game a 2, based on the fact that it's been mostly unplayable for the first day of launch...so far. I don't understand how a company who launches three expansion packs to a customer base of 10+ million people (World of Warcraft) can still utterly embarrass themselves like this. They never seem to learn from their mistakes. Once upon a time, Blizzard used to be a game developer I trusted and revered, but every year it's becoming clear to me that money is their number one priority, while their long-standing customer base (probably the most fiercely loyal fanbase in video games at some point...likely not so much anymore) take a backseat. D3 will likely be the last Blizz title I buy. Blizzard gets a massive 1 finger salute for this turd of a launch.
  61. May 16, 2012
    Legitimate complaint with game fundaments: We can agree that due to the decisions made about the attribute and skills system that all level 60 wizards that I make will have the same options available to them. Therefore, Why would I make more than one level 60 of each class? You wouldn't. So in Diablo 3 you will likely make 5 characters, which in extreme situations takes roughly 2 days perLegitimate complaint with game fundaments: We can agree that due to the decisions made about the attribute and skills system that all level 60 wizards that I make will have the same options available to them. Therefore, Why would I make more than one level 60 of each class? You wouldn't. So in Diablo 3 you will likely make 5 characters, which in extreme situations takes roughly 2 days per character to reach level 60. After two weeks of playing you could easily have a max leveled character of each class. Even the most casual gamer will be able to have a max leveled character of each class within a number of weeks. And as we previously discussed due to the "customization" allowed in Diablo 3 each of their characters will be relatively similar to yours in the since that they have all of the same skills readily available for selection. There is no need to recreate characters, no decisions you make in the game are committments, and I don't see where any level of replayability will come from.

Pretty game, great name, fundamental game flaws. 3/10
  62. May 16, 2012
    This isn't a very good game. If you aren't a hardcore Diablo fan, do yourself a favor and pass. The gameplay is incredibily repetitive. All it is constant left clicking of your mouse. The grind is soulcrushingly bad at best. Put simply fans of the game waited 12 years for what amounts to a carbon copy of Diablo 2 with early PS3 graphics attached to it. The voice acting is painful,This isn't a very good game. If you aren't a hardcore Diablo fan, do yourself a favor and pass. The gameplay is incredibily repetitive. All it is constant left clicking of your mouse. The grind is soulcrushingly bad at best. Put simply fans of the game waited 12 years for what amounts to a carbon copy of Diablo 2 with early PS3 graphics attached to it. The voice acting is painful, the combat system is uninspiring, and the game as a whole is a complete let down for all but the most hardcore of Diablo fans. Expect once the hype of a new Diablo game wears off for it to completely fall off the radar. TL;DR If you are on the fence, don't buy it, it's made for a very niche audience and if you haven't already picked it up you aren't that niche. Terrible game and shame on you Blizzard for milking a cash cow. Expand
  63. May 16, 2012
    I can't believe what Blizzard has become. Always on DRM, even for simple player? Why? Why? Why? I don't play multiplayer. I travel quite a bit. Do they know how crappy internet connections in hotels are, and that's even if you pay for it? And then there are issues with their server. I can't even play this now?! This DRM is unacceptable. Good luck seeing another penny from me. II can't believe what Blizzard has become. Always on DRM, even for simple player? Why? Why? Why? I don't play multiplayer. I travel quite a bit. Do they know how crappy internet connections in hotels are, and that's even if you pay for it? And then there are issues with their server. I can't even play this now?! This DRM is unacceptable. Good luck seeing another penny from me. I want my money back!!! I suggest gamers send companies like Blizzard a message. DO NOT BUY their games. And let's see how they'll treat their paying customers. Expand
  64. May 16, 2012
    This game sucks. Can't even play single player when the servers go down and they go down often. When they do come back there are rollbacks where ive lost several levels.
  65. May 16, 2012
    Hear me out before you pass off this review as a "troll" which D3.Incgamers has so affectionally responded to.

My favorite things about Diablo 2, in no particular order: -Ladder race -PK'ing -Item trading -Character customization -8 player games -Sense of community I give diablo 3 a 0/10 because in my opinion it has none of the fundamental aspects that i loved in Diablo 2.

My favorite things about Diablo 2, in no particular order:
    -Ladder race
    -PK'ing
    -Item trading
    -Character customization
    -8 player games
    -Sense of community

I give diablo 3 a 0/10 because in my opinion it has none of the fundamental aspects that i loved in Diablo 2. There is now leveling ladder and understandably so because it only takes the dedicated player around 2 days to get to level 60. There is no PK'ing and there be no PK'ing. Blizzard will add a WoW styled arena PVP system at some point, but that leaves me feeling like I'm playing LoL rather than Diablo. Maybe I'm a bit strange, but I enjoyed trading in Diablo 2. Yes it took effort to find someone that was looking for the items you had available. And yes it took more time to find someone that was looking for those items that had something to offer that you were interested in. But I am sorry, I don't play games casually, and I don't want the games I play to be made for casual players. The inclusion of a real money auction house destroys a barter system and opens for the potential of newbs "buying wins." To me choosing which skills you're going to use is not costumizing a character. All level 60 Barbs will have the same skills and play styles available to them. In diablo 3 you will create no more than 5 characters, unlike Diablo 2 where you might have made as many as 100 characters if you found a new neat item or had an off the wall build idea. No attribute placement, no skill tree, and no committment to any decision that you make in-game simply prevents any sort of replayability in my eyes. Diablo 2, released more than a decade ago, supported 8 players in-game. How they chose to reduce that number in half for a 2012 release date is beyond me. Most people have more than 3 friends they would like to play with. Beyond that with only 3 other people to interact with it reduces the sense of community. The chances of finding like minded people or a clan to join are significantly hendered purely by the numbers of people you'll meet in a game. Because we all know that bnet 2.0 certainly is isolated and does not help anyone find a sense of community.

So there you have it. TLDR; Diablo 3 has 0 of my favorite features from Diablo 2. So it gets a 0/10 from my review.
  66. May 16, 2012
    Error 37/3003 in first day,Queueing in next day...I have to play a lag single online game.The traditional Chinese Edition use a font so small that hard to recognized. How should Blizzard believe the game worth 60 Dollars?
  67. May 16, 2012
    so i have to connect b.net to play friends sitting next to me. no lan support is a joke.
    unoriginal game dumbed down hack&slash game, wannabe guild wars 2
    outshined by its contemporaries like torchlight
    blizzard should trust diablo fans to buy original game instead of trying to skin off 10yo kids pockets
    fail.
  68. May 16, 2012
    I blame their design decisions. They changed the game design on all things that made the game fun, entertaining, addictive. I loved Diablo because there was no BALANCE. Each player could game the game and think of ways to beat the game in overpowered ways. Now, they tried to put players on a cage. They tried to think of everything people could do and removed our freedom. They treat us likeI blame their design decisions. They changed the game design on all things that made the game fun, entertaining, addictive. I loved Diablo because there was no BALANCE. Each player could game the game and think of ways to beat the game in overpowered ways. Now, they tried to put players on a cage. They tried to think of everything people could do and removed our freedom. They treat us like criminals. There is no freedom. There is no point playing. Banal **** Boring. Carebear Design. They denied their original target audience. What we loved about the game, they removed and changed. They changed things as if we didnt liked the things that were in the previous games. They forced everyone to cycle through abilities instead of using just the cool ones we like over and over. They removed the power of the gems. Made crappy worthless gems. They made it so there is no meaningful choice. Everyone is a clone of each other within their classes. Customization is a gimmick. They tried to convince us that customization occurs based on gear! Thats not what we wanted. They made it so nobody can fail. There is no true feeling of victory either. They removed the freedom. They removed open world griefing and PVP. They removed Godly broken characters. Players cannot aspire to godlike immortality through build and gear. They capped power and mitigation of difficulty curve. They removed specializing for more power. They tried to balance everything. They removed absurd levels of magic find. They made it so we cant have some builds and classes that are more suited for magic find such as the sorcerer was. They removed rushing. They force us through the experience and content. They removed repetition of the same areas and boss rushing. Trying to force us to play their way. They removed absurdly hard to reach high levels that differentiated pro players from losers who kept dieing and going back in the XP ladder. They changed the art style. Cartoon game. They added online only DRM. They destroyed their game by offering pay to win through real money auction house so that they can gain money. I hate Diablo 3. Jay Wilson and other developers/designers ruined the game I loved. Expand
  69. May 16, 2012
    I knew launch would be rough,. with so many people. I would excuse the DRM and full servers if I or anyone I know could even install and go fullscreen successfully. Honestly whatever this agent.exe is, its pure fail. Ive never had this sort of trouble and its not new, same issue with thier panda beta and the D3 beta, theyve had tons of time to fix this and just ignored it. There areI knew launch would be rough,. with so many people. I would excuse the DRM and full servers if I or anyone I know could even install and go fullscreen successfully. Honestly whatever this agent.exe is, its pure fail. Ive never had this sort of trouble and its not new, same issue with thier panda beta and the D3 beta, theyve had tons of time to fix this and just ignored it. There are hundreds of posts from months and months ago complaning about these same errors. I would not reccomend this game.

Its a freaking isometric game, it really shouildnt be that complicated.
  70. May 16, 2012
    Potentially great title, turned into a complete piece of crap. Can't play solo without playing online...all the time. And their servers are down...lately, all the time. If I wanted to play an MMO with plenty of server downtime, I would have bought WOW instead. I'm off to replay Torchlight, pick up Torchlight 2, and ask my credit card company how to get my money back.
  71. May 16, 2012
    There is no cow level. Blizzard could do better. I only wanted the cow level. And there is no cow level. Very bad game. Huge disappointment. I was gonna kill some cows and there are no cows in diablo 3. How could they release it without cows?
  72. May 16, 2012
    Bad graphic, bad gameplay, really boring.
    Overpriced like all other Blizzard products.
    I wonder will they charge you for another $60 for +10 levels expansion with couple of legendary items each year. 30% real money from AH will goes to Blizzard.
    It's not a game for customers, it's just cash flow generator.
  73. May 16, 2012
    VERY disappointed. Graphics look like wow did 8 years ago, gameplay is dumbed down from Diablo 2, and the always-online DRM nonsense has caused me to lose numerous hours of playtime even while playing single-player. Story seems... ok, but nothing special. Game is also shorted than Diablo 2. We waited 10 years for THIS?
  74. May 16, 2012
    I don't care about the server lag and maintence but to people who say those people are whiners it's not like we paid sixty bucks for this game ohhh yeah we did so yeah we may whine but at least we do it without blizzards dick in r mouth, there's this thing called Stockholm syndrome and I feel bad for u people's who obviously have it So on to the review no customization of cosmetic choicesI don't care about the server lag and maintence but to people who say those people are whiners it's not like we paid sixty bucks for this game ohhh yeah we did so yeah we may whine but at least we do it without blizzards dick in r mouth, there's this thing called Stockholm syndrome and I feel bad for u people's who obviously have it So on to the review no customization of cosmetic choices because u no black people, love pllaying as white people, This is bad but forgivable no stats or attributes okay so was this game designed for a 7 year old come on this is a f-ing point and click adventure now? also limited skills really because that's what every gamer wants, and not only that all people choose the same skills which will only get worse as people learn the best ones same goes for runes. On a sidenote this game from what I can tell does not have random loot as when my game crashed I reset and played through a dungeon again and found much of the same loot but this might be a bug. Also finished game on normal explored and did some side quests in about nine hours and a friend is already on hardcore end of act 2 hasn't died yet and unless he got skills over night means this game is too easy so yeah awesome bliz really sets the standards for how to not make a game Expand
  75. May 16, 2012
    Only pain I see here is that much people paid that money for this DRM and WoW Clone crap. I didnt buy the game, and will not buy after all those comments and videos.
  76. May 16, 2012
    >Charater customization was so confusing, so they removed it (no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up)
    >Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win auction houses
    >Scripted **** EVERYWHERE >GETTING KICKED OUT OF YOUR SINGLEPLAYER GAME FOR BEING AFK >Bland, one dimensional, WoW inspired skills >World PvP removed and the
    >Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win auction houses
    >Scripted **** EVERYWHERE
    >GETTING KICKED OUT OF YOUR SINGLEPLAYER GAME FOR BEING AFK
    >Bland, one dimensional, WoW inspired skills
    >World PvP removed and the only PvP options is a WoW-clone arena (REMOVED TILL LATER, LOL)
    >Voice acting is **** HORIBBLE compared to D2
    >Timed log-outs in a game which its gameplay is based on being fast-paced (even on hardcore mode)
    >CHECKPOINTS that revive you from where you are left off (how much more casual can they make a diablo game I wonder)
    >region lock, DRM that requires you to be constanly online
    >blizzard 'promising' not to put any items in the RMAH Gee, I **** wonder what's gonna happen
    >LEVEL 60 CAP Surely to be raised to 70,80,90 and so on with yearly expansions that consists of cut content for only another $60!

Retarded **** that butcher the whole atmosphere such as:

â
  77. May 16, 2012
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS S*! PS I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! :[ 10+ YEARS OF WAITING AND THIS IS IT?! NON-STOP PROBLEMS WITH LOGGING ,IN GAME LAGGING .. POOR STORY THE GAME IS SUCKS !1 I AM SO ANGRY SORRY:(
  78. May 16, 2012
    huge disappointment, can't even login! What a rubbish and waste of money when you can't login your single player mode game!
  79. May 16, 2012
    If you want to play Diablo, play Diablo II. Then you'll be assured to get some quality game time rather than constant connection errors every 5 minutes. Good one blizzard way to screw up a good series.
  80. May 16, 2012
    This is not Diablo2. This is much worse.
    There is no hardcore like in D2. Cartoon design make me laugh through tears.
    No customization in skillz and attributes
    Maybe this game is for new generation, but i guess not for me
  81. May 16, 2012
    The game is just pathetic. I hope they screw it up with the sales, and make no profit so in the future they know that real gamers want games not a pathetic attempt to make something in order for little kids to play with their parents on a weekend afternoon. Again have to say 3x PATHETIC GAME !!!!!

A huge disappointment, and an unworthy sequel. - Charater customization was so confusing, so they removed it (no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up) - Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win auction houses - Scripted scenes EVERYWHERE 0Bland, one dimensional, WoW inspired skills -World PvP removed and the only PvP options is a WoW-clone arena (REMOVED TILL LATER, LOL) -Voice acting is HORIBBLE compared to D2 -Timed log-outs in a game which its gameplay is based on being fast-paced (even on hardcore mode) -FREQUENT CHECKPOINTS that revive you from where you are left off (how much more casual can they make a diablo game I wonder) -region lock, DRM that requires you to be constanly online -blizzard 'promising' not to put any items in the RMAH Gee, I **** wonder what's gonna happen -LEVEL 60 CAP Surely to be raised to 70,80,90 and so on with yearly expansions that consists of cut content for only another $60!
  82. May 16, 2012
    WORSE DIABLO EVER VERY DISAPPOINTED !!! A) The worse DRM in the gaming history that requires you to be always connected and login with a server even for playing the single player campaign. I have never seen such a fascist and so annoying way from a gaming company to force even the Single player lovers to be always connected and all the time in the net just to play the single player partWORSE DIABLO EVER VERY DISAPPOINTED !!! A) The worse DRM in the gaming history that requires you to be always connected and login with a server even for playing the single player campaign. I have never seen such a fascist and so annoying way from a gaming company to force even the Single player lovers to be always connected and all the time in the net just to play the single player part of the game.....B) Character customization along with the skill tree are far inferior from Diablo 2 and 1....C) Story wise this is a laughable sequel. The game story feels more like a low budget fantasy movie and like some short of soap opera and most characters in the game are forgettable D) The gameplay experience and most scenes makes this game seem more like a World of Warcraft variation than a real Diablo sequel with cartoony dated graphics. The game suffers from low quality textures and low polygon characters and poor animations , from the graphics point of view this new so-called Diablo 3 reminds me some old games from 2004-2005 period. E) WHAT Innovation???? You said innovation ?? Haha do not make me laugh you will not find anything really innovative in this mockery of a sequel.... Blizzard is just milking another cow it seems for the $$$money$$$$. Expand
  83. May 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i don't want to play with internet connection.... i haven't a good internet... i wanna ask a question to blizzard... how can i play diablo 3?.... this crap... Expand
  84. May 16, 2012
    I am giving this one a zero, I feel I am being relatively generous with this score as well. This game is a sequel to what was a great game for this very reason Blizzard has made one of their worst games to date. They thought they could just roll through on a name -- think again. It is literally impossible to even get into the game with Blizzard's new multilayer only solution to DRM.I am giving this one a zero, I feel I am being relatively generous with this score as well. This game is a sequel to what was a great game for this very reason Blizzard has made one of their worst games to date. They thought they could just roll through on a name -- think again. It is literally impossible to even get into the game with Blizzard's new multilayer only solution to DRM. Blizzard and every other dev take this game as an example DO NOT use online as a DRM it is just being lazy learn better encryption then develop games. Now when you FINALLY get into this game you will notice the lacklustre game-play and graphics. Then once you have played for a day you will have beat the game already. This game has literally no playability. If it costed less or was free with 3-months(not a whole year sub) of Word of Warcraft things may be different. In the state that this game was released, sorry to say but it is utter garbage. Expand
  85. May 16, 2012
    The game was blatantly put together as a quick cash machine for a well known franchise.
    10 years of development? Sure. FYI, Bethesda made Skyrim in 5.
  86. May 16, 2012
    This could be first false step of Blizzard... Awful OnlineDRM for a single player, Very expensive even online purchase (incredible that could be same than physical again...), Very frustating startup due to servers down, and about the game... same than other offers but better graphycs. Blizzard, please, do not continue on this way.... think in your consumers, don't become on anotherThis could be first false step of Blizzard... Awful OnlineDRM for a single player, Very expensive even online purchase (incredible that could be same than physical again...), Very frustating startup due to servers down, and about the game... same than other offers but better graphycs. Blizzard, please, do not continue on this way.... think in your consumers, don't become on another Ubisoft, nor ea, please..... Expand
  87. May 16, 2012
    In summary: Gets repetitive really quick and feels like a "production-pipelined", risk-free, standerdised game. Yes, you might think the problem of being repetitive is inherent in "Hack 'n Slay" Action RPG, but I think there're some who make this feel personal and rewarding and some who make it a redundancy. For me, regrettably, D3 falls into the latter category. Technically they includedIn summary: Gets repetitive really quick and feels like a "production-pipelined", risk-free, standerdised game. Yes, you might think the problem of being repetitive is inherent in "Hack 'n Slay" Action RPG, but I think there're some who make this feel personal and rewarding and some who make it a redundancy. For me, regrettably, D3 falls into the latter category. Technically they included many things to prevent this: So much skills and runes and skill combinations, but it doesn't add up to something larger. Encounters are almost always the same (monsters coming in from the front of you) and you beat 'em down, sometimes faster, sometimes slower, repeating the same buttons presses. I don't remember any outstanding encounter. And although there's a lot of different artwork and randomization, the levels through the different acts seemed to be really similar to me. Feels like a checklist of locations you run through, locations that don't really depend on each other. Besides a few dialogues, there were no real authentic things for me, no little scenarios that make you smile or smirk, nothing personal. Expand
  88. May 16, 2012
    this will be my shortest review ever

WHAT A PIECE OF..... u know what i mean and as i said on guru 3d ppl deserve any trouble they get from the servers just because they are brainless automatons... they did not raise there voices for this crap of a drm
  89. May 16, 2012
    The took everything that made diablo diablo and removed it. theres basically no character customization, you cant spend talent points, you cant choose which talents you want as you just get the next one available when you level, theres no button customization. They even took out the scrolls of TP and identify.....thats like not having your presents wraped at christmas time....essentiallyThe took everything that made diablo diablo and removed it. theres basically no character customization, you cant spend talent points, you cant choose which talents you want as you just get the next one available when you level, theres no button customization. They even took out the scrolls of TP and identify.....thats like not having your presents wraped at christmas time....essentially its an easy mode version of the game made for 12 year olds instead of the die hard fans like it should have been Expand
  90. May 16, 2012
    Even without the server issues (which I did not experience)... the game was just bland, boring, and certainly not the diablo I've grown to know and love
  91. May 16, 2012
    I wish I didn't get to log in, I wish I did have a connection error because this game is boring as hell. I loved Diablo 1, and 2 was my favourite of the franchise but this is pure crap. I can see why it took them so long to release it, the higher ups must have played it and seen what a disgrace it was to the franchise. And at the end they must have given up and just cashed in. I stoppedI wish I didn't get to log in, I wish I did have a connection error because this game is boring as hell. I loved Diablo 1, and 2 was my favourite of the franchise but this is pure crap. I can see why it took them so long to release it, the higher ups must have played it and seen what a disgrace it was to the franchise. And at the end they must have given up and just cashed in. I stopped playing Fallout 3 half way through to go to this and frankly it's like walking through heaven and stepping on **** halfway through. Expand
  92. May 16, 2012
    Disappointing. Cannot login 99% of the time.
    I wish characters were more customizable instead of these "canned" characters.
    I really wish they had more servers to handle the load of people trying to login.
  93. May 16, 2012
    The games cinematics for when they exist are awesome and Leah is hot. DRM is fine no issues there. The game has no PVP though and clearly is WoW as you can see it has a WoW login screen and banners are straight from WoW. 0/10 missing PVP which stops me from showing my skillz.
  94. May 16, 2012
    Now that I've actually managed to start up the single player campaign, here's my updated review. To the relief of Diablo afficionados, the third installment is very much a successor to the previous games with gameplay and graphics very reminiscent of Diablo 2. The very similar level and mob design seem a bit too much of a deja vu scenario though, and could have benefited from a tad bitNow that I've actually managed to start up the single player campaign, here's my updated review. To the relief of Diablo afficionados, the third installment is very much a successor to the previous games with gameplay and graphics very reminiscent of Diablo 2. The very similar level and mob design seem a bit too much of a deja vu scenario though, and could have benefited from a tad bit different direction, in my opinion.

The story seems a bit burdened by the predecessors as well, since it shares too much of the same characters and locations from the previous games. Many of the NPCs make an appearance, like Deckard Cain, Leoric or Lachdanan. As for the other characters, you'll bump into your run-of-the-mill merchants and blacksmiths that will sell you goodies and repair your gear, characters that are vital to the storyline, and the commoners, standing there chatting away.

As you progress through the game, you'll be given the option of hiring henchmen, who are limited in what they can do but are a pretty cool nonetheless, since they can interact with your character, making the world feel more alive, and are a nice diversion as you roam through the dungeons by yourself.

The hack 'n slash aspect of the game is as good as ever, and killing and looting mobs feels very satisfying. The enemies themselves are colored by threat just like in the previous games, with the regulars being the weakest and the bosses being the toughest. As far as AI goes, there are some nice mechanics going on, like rare mobs pulling the unaware player straight into another group of enemies. The boss fights are very enjoyable to fight through as well, so no complaints there.

Another nice addition is the semi destructible environment, in which you have the option to use various world objects to your advantage, such as dropping chandeliers on unaware mobs standing under it.

The character classes are fun to play and seem very well balanced, though the limited character customization is a bit disappointing. You have two basic attack modes executed by left and right clicking, with up to four additional skills, such as healing yourself, or blinding enemies for a short period of time.

Don't have too much to say about the graphics department, since I've found that it does the job and makes for some very decent ambience and atmosphere. Again, there's some very heavy cues from its predecessors, and some levels feel like you've seen them before. The character art is well done though, and I've found myself admiring the various animations.

The sound and music are good as well; the coin drop ka-ching sounds very satisfying, as do death-throes and other, background sounds. The music is good, although I would've preferred a different track for Tristram than the remixed version of the original theme.

The biggest issue I've got with the game is the ridiculous DRM protection scheme. I can understand that piracy is a problem and that it needs to be dealt with at some level or another, but kicking your paying customers in the nutsack is a recipe for disaster. I could understand this scenario if this was an MMORPG, but forcing the player to have an always on Internet connection for the single player campaign seems too much of a stretch. This really seems more like a management decision though, and blame shouldn't be directed at the developers. In this sense, yeah, I very much liked the game and think it's a very polished experience, but can't give any more points for the sole reason mentioned above.
  95. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard is ignoring their players since Activision joined them.

This game and their servers with crap DRM system proves that. Not worth your money. Just ignore this game and all the talking about it. About gameplay.... well.... all you do is click click click.. things die, 8 hours passed. And you completed the game and waisted 60euros. GOOD JOB. Wait for Torchlight 2 people, the guys
    Blizzard is ignoring their players since Activision joined them.

This game and their servers with crap DRM system proves that.

Not worth your money. Just ignore this game and all the talking about it.

Wait for Torchlight 2 people, the guys behind it really work hard to do great games and deserve the money, Not like Blizzard who is just money hungry ugly Corp. Which wants to milk their costumers of money.
  96. May 16, 2012
    I see many people complaining about the users that rated this game low because of the servers. You say that we should review the actual game and not the servers.. but how can I play the game if the servers are not working and I can't login? Last night I tried for almost 3 hours until I manage to enter, and then I was able to play for 20 or 30 minutes because it was already too late. So,I see many people complaining about the users that rated this game low because of the servers. You say that we should review the actual game and not the servers.. but how can I play the game if the servers are not working and I can't login? Last night I tried for almost 3 hours until I manage to enter, and then I was able to play for 20 or 30 minutes because it was already too late. So, I'm sorry but the login is still part of the game, a very important part, so if it's not working I can't do anything else, so I can't give this game a bigger rate if all I saw for almost 3 hours of `play` was a screen with errors. Expand
  97. May 16, 2012
    This is Diablo mod for Warcraft. It looks like Warcraft (W3 or WoW), characters are like from Warcraft (demon hunter, witch doctor), most of the skills you can trace to Warcraft universe. Skills themselves look ridiculous, and too flashy.
    You can't influence character development, you can only chose combination of skills. Was this game made by marketing department of Vivendi/Activision with help of Warcraft Team?
    Disappointment
  98. May 16, 2012
    fun, but not good enough. i loved diablo 1 + 2. this game does not feel like its actually part of the diablo series. it feels like a dumbed down hack and slash. left click the whole time, drink a potion here or there...not enough skill is involved. when (if) you die, you just respawn at the last "checkpoint" with all of your gear, so it doesn't feel like a challenge. the game lacks thefun, but not good enough. i loved diablo 1 + 2. this game does not feel like its actually part of the diablo series. it feels like a dumbed down hack and slash. left click the whole time, drink a potion here or there...not enough skill is involved. when (if) you die, you just respawn at the last "checkpoint" with all of your gear, so it doesn't feel like a challenge. the game lacks the great art direction and music that diablo 1 + 2 had. the whole feel of the game is cartoony is cheesy. terrible voice acting, crappy cinematics that look like sketches on coffee stained paper...
    ill keep playing it for a little bit out of boredom, and to see how the story ends. but seriously, this isn't diablo. this is some crap made by people who had NOTHING to do with the original diablo games. they're just in it for the money. why else would they KILL DECARD CAIN?
  99. May 16, 2012
    If they force you to play online, even if you just want to play for your own, than they have to make sure that the capacity of the servers are sufficient every minute at any time.

No Play No Game.
  100. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a poor shadow of iteself, Blizzard with it's Endless crap like World Of Warcraft can't make decent games this days. Rest In Peace Blizzard.

1. Aug 31, 2012