3.9

1. Dui
    Dec 2, 2012
    I will be as straight as I can possibly be. Either you are a Diablo fan who played the previous games and now you are deeply frightened of what has became with our deeply loved franchise, or on the other hand you are an youngling who doesnt know a thing and is pretty happy with the DIII. If the first case is true for you, get Path of Exile and try to forget this has been ever released.
  2. Dec 2, 2012
    this game is very shti

Purchased, unable to log in even once in 12 hours. This would be counted as fraud in any other industry but for some reason on this game I intend to play single player it's 'to be expected', just terrible. http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-3579935-1-1.html

3. Nov 30, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a profoundly disappointing game. It does at least provide an experience that capitalizes on the success and addictive game play of Diablo 2, but therein lies the problem. Nothing about this game is innovative. Everything feels like a cheap attempt to cash in on previous glory. The gameplay of Diablo 3 doesn't offer anything that we haven't already seen in previous Blizzard titles. It's the same tired old formulas repeated ad naseum. Every system is familiar and every plot point is painfully predictable.

Thankfully there is at least some entertainment to be had in playing through the game with friends. The multi-player coop IS easy to use makes grouping with friends a simple and enjoyable experience. Unfortunately this doesn't help you shake the feeling that everything you see already happened eight years ago. No meaningful new experiences are presented to the player. The graphics are new, the social experiences are novel, and the Auction House is a phenomenon bordering on the surreal, but at it's core Diablo 3 is a game we've already played.

Save your time, save your money. Dig out those Diablo 2 CD's, set up a LAN game with your friends (one that's still allowed) and have just as much without blowing $60 on a product you already own.
  4. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is THE most disastrous game ever created in the 21st Century. Diablo 3 in a few words is a mind-numbing, boring, repetitive grind to level 60. The levels are very poorly designed; with many recurring invariant levels, and the most atrocious act being the direct copy of the Mount Arreat's theme pixel for pixel from the previous expansion. It's a mixed feeling, especially coming from Blizzard, it's as though the production theme picked up full speed during the designing of Act I, after which it just derails very rapidly to a repeated Act 3, and Act 4 being a huge mindless rush to the final boss. The replayability value of the game is very low, with people getting bored with the grind to even complete it the first time round, especially the abysmally difficult progression between difficulty levels, without, of course, resulting to the auction house. There are 2 sides of the coin here, as people spending money or gold for obscenely powerful items would be rapidly bored with its content. In a sense, the whole central theme of the dungeon-crawl feel of the original diablo series is now destroyed with this new effect, and if I may use an analogy, some crude form of a corporate ladder climb that is accentuated if one has the monetary resources to execute it. It is such a horrible game that I feel compelled to actually create a metacritic account for the sole purpose of typing this review in order to warn people off the most ridiculously over-hyped game probably in the history of the universe (13.7 billion years). The game is designed to ridiculously long, with one typically dying over 9000 times before reaching Diablo himself on inferno difficulty, and along with the repetitive content and the drop rates which are probably lower than the odds of drawing a royal-flush hand in Texas Hold-em. I have not checked yet but I'm probably filing a complaint to the UN human rights watch as this actually constitutes some rudimentary form of human mental torture that is probably on par with the detainees in Guantanamo Bay.

SPOILERS: Deckard cain turns into diablo. and pink fluffy bunnies pop out from tristram. and the villagers are stuck on gangnam style...
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    It would be a good game, if the RM-AH will be removed. The RM-AH destroyed the whole game, because you can buy everything you want from there, also when you have no gold. And it´s also a totally gear based game. If you have no gear, you have no chance. This game was definitely designed like a free-to-play-game,
  6. Nov 27, 2012
    The first play-through of the "story" is not bad. The game definitely has a lot of the character of its predecessors and there's a lot of nostalgia surrounding it as a result. However, once the first play-through is done and you try to move further up the difficulty levels, it simply turns into a repetitious mess focused on one thing: forcing you to play through the same crap over...and over...and over. The items that you legitimately find are terrible, usually 10-15 levels below your character and as such, completely useless. It's not even worth thinking about trying to rely on your own gear drops for your gear because the drop rates are horrendous. Far superior items can be found on the auction house for the amount of gold dropped by running through a small dungeon for the 1000th time. The story is just barely present during the progression through the game, but after the first play-through you don't even care, just click-click-click through everything as fast as possible to get through the painfully repetitive gameplay. Expand
  7. Nov 26, 2012
    I won't give Diablo III a 0/10. It did have smooth combat, unfortunately that's it. I won't complain that the story sucked, we all expected that as it's far from the point of a game series which was made famous as a hack and slash dungeon crawler. Everything we DO expect from Diablo has been taken out. Skill, Attributes, world PVP, not being able to just buy your way through everything with real cash. Rather than tailoring to the audience Blizzard took a "you'll enjoy what we allow you to enjoy" approach. We were forced online even for single player which wouldn't, alone, be the absolute death of the game if the server functioned half as well as the decade old Diablo II servers. Rather than customizable character builds we were forced into pre-designed characters on which the biggest difference was whether or not when you leaped you did AOE damage on falling or if it had a shorter cooldown. To replace the customizable character builds we got an overly intricate item system in which even the top tier items have stats that vary so much that no one knows where the cap's are; the item system, rather than promoting farming and gearing new characters instead just causes people to give up and shell out more real life cash to get even decent gear. In other words the entire game is tailored so that in order to reach any sort of endgame gearing level or pvp-ready level, the only two options are hundreds of hours of mindless grinding for items which, once they drop, may not even have any usable stats, or giving up hope and giving blizzard more money. That's it. The entire depth of this game can be summed up as, "try to get them hooked with smooth combat and flashy cinematics, force them to pay us more if they want their characters to be even slightly different from anyone else". Sorry for the length, and I try to be as objective as possible, but the fact of the matter is they had a system that worked and, when they saw a window for more cash, they let greed ruin it. Expand
  8. Nov 26, 2012
    Don't waste your time, get Torchlight 2 or Guild Wars 2. Diablo has been gone since D2. The current team is garbage and so is the game. It's really a shame what has been done to this franchise. I remember being a teen playing the original Diablo, those were the days. D3 has NONE of the depth of D2!
  9. Nov 26, 2012
    For 60 $ Its not worth it one bit.....get Torchlight 2 for the fraction of the price. I expected way more from blizzard....it had so much potential and the hype was high, i just wonder what happened......
  10. Nov 26, 2012
    I was extremely disappointed. This is a soul-less Diablo clone. Items are impotent. Characters dull. Story uneventful. There is nothing trippy or even remotely enjoyable. Jay Wilson should be fired and D3 should be totally redone in the expansion, this is an absolute joke of a successor to probably the best game ever made, D2. Dave Brevik, we miss ya buddy.
  11. Nov 26, 2012
    Lab rats in a labyrinth in search of cheese.

But wait... You can also sell cheese to another rats for real money! A whole new level of inhuman experiments.
  12. Nov 26, 2012
    The biggest problem with Diablo 3 is that it shows that Blizzard now treat their paying customers with contempt, nothing but cattle to milk dry, and it's an attitude built into the games. The Real Money Auction House and Always On DRM mean that now Blizzard can push an update at any moment and you get it whether you want it or not. So if Blizzard want to improve their end of financial year statement, they can push a patch to increase difficulty to encourage in game purchases. Blizzard must have thought the many years they had statisticians monitoring and balancing the economy of Diablo 2 was knowledge they could "monetize". Diablo 3 is setup around the premise of an economy that Blizzard control completely and can fiddle the numbers to maximise profit.
    So it's no surprise then that the game sucks. The idea of "builds" that made Diablo 2 so much fun has effectively been removed by the "casualisation" of the game at the earlier difficulty levels to increase the customer base. It's now impossible to ruin your character. The game is now about finding (or paying real) money instead of finding items. The plot is also horrible.
    Avoid at all cost.
  13. Nov 23, 2012
    Bibotan read ! stupid **** !!!! BIBORAN !!

Unfortunately a disaster. Repetitive and nothing that we haven't seen in other hack and slash games. Good visuals but nothing more. Insípid story/background and too little classes. I think that this is a good moment to Blizzard rethink their future plans about Diablo.
  14. Nov 22, 2012
    Don't mind the game, the graphics or anything else. BUT the support is THE WORST!! Your account gets locked for no understandable reason, then you password email never shows up! I logged into this site, registered, got a new account AND verified my metacritic email...all before ever getting my Diablo confirmation email!!! Ridiculous...not to mention support doesnt come in until 10am, and is PST!!!
  15. Nov 21, 2012
    For a game that has been postponed for 10 years Diablo 3 left much to be desired. From a short campaign to the online. Act I - II were decent lengths whilst, Act III and IV seemed to be rushed and left more to be desired. The amount of hot fixing that has been made to the game shouldn't have if Blizzard would have originally listened to the community. The legendary drops were mediocre compared to that of rares. Diablo 3 becomes a grinding mess after finishing Hell mode. It seems it was set up to prevent the player from advancing through inferno mode keeping them to do endless runs trying to obtain decent gear. Many players found ways to make this easier and Blizzard either changed or nerfed their methods. It also seems classes were and possible are not balanced. While a hunter could take out enemies in inferno mode with one or two hits, another player using any other class could have much more difficulty on doing so. It made the player base just run around with DH characters instead of actually offering variety. No PvP upon release is another reason why this game has failed and the overpowered DH must be the reason why. The combat system is basic and not as complex as the other Diablos and falls far behind them. The only plus to this game is the RMAH and AH where players can sell items for real money or player money. I have to say after playing Diablo for 3 months I left the game and never looking back. It can continue be the failure mess Blizzard made it to be. Expand
  16. Nov 21, 2012
    This game is terrible and nothing like the previous games. If you like auction house simulators, then this game is for you. I had absolutely no fun playing this game at all.
  17. Nov 17, 2012
    Diablo III doesn't even deserve a review, it just doesn't. It's quite bad after your first playthrough.

Not only is the lead designer (Jay Wilson) a total douche who should get his nutsack torn off by chainsaw-wielding killer sharks, but his "masterpiece" (as he calls it) single handedly destroyed the Diablo series (and this is coming from a fan of D1. I'm not even a hardcore fan
    either). All I can really say is that it was created as a cash cow because of the Real Money Auction House. Why do I claim this? There's no other reason they would completely obliterate a specialization of playstyle every single patch, expecting players to buy a whole new set of gear. The Increased Attack Speed nerf as well as multiple nerfs to special Wizard builds are a testament of this. Rather than making the speccs still playable, they nerfed them to the ground completely. Why? MONEY MONEY MONEY!

I could go on an on about how the game itself actually sucks, but I think the 4.7k+ negative reviews would tell you this. While I'll admit at least 2k or so are from nerd-raging, hardcore, D2 fans, many of them are new players of Diablo, and they too will admit this game is garbage. I feel ripped off and I got this game for FREE.
  18. Dop
    Nov 13, 2012
    i was expecting something awesome coming for blizzard, but this game is Diacrap 3, the skill system is a joke, the Rmah rules the game and the drops there is nothing left here. im going to try to rollback my CC charge awful game...
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    In soviet Blizzard game plays you!
    Poor loot quality leaves comrades feel unrewarded and dependent on the auction house. Required internet connection screws the people out of playing single player games when Blizzards servers are down for maintenance. No ability to color or hide or personalize legendary items, steals creativity and individuality. No cheats or mods allowed for single
    player (multiplier is understandable, but what is a PC game with no cheats or mods for single player? it kills innovation, fun, and community) No sense of ownership or pride when playing this game. You feel like your playing the game the way soviet Blizzard wants you to play not the way you want to play. Shame on you Blizzard and your iron fist. Expand
  20. Nov 13, 2012
    If you played Diablo and Diablo II, then you'll know exactly what to expect in Diablo III. Most of the standard Diablo game elements are here, along with some new elements added in to modernize the game. So where did Blizzard go long? The game take far too long to get anywhere or to progress your character, the game favors grinding over exploration and progression and Blizzard has treated this game more of a MMORPG then what it should have been, a dungeon crawl. What's even more unforgivable is the fact Blizzard has actually changed drop rates to encourage players to use their over stuffed, over hyped auction house system for the game. Crippling the player's equipment just to force them to use another feature is terrible. Expand
  21. Nov 10, 2012
    Short content. Not rewarding replayability. Pay-to-win system. Mostly single player. PvP system is not implemented and if done will be frustrating due to pay-to-win. It is fun to complete first playthrough which is about 8 hours but then it is really not worth playing. But such content is okay only for a 1 year in development $10 indie game, not an AAA title as advertised and expected from Blizzard and most of the reviewers (who did not play past the first few hours - maybe that's the reason). Buy it to play once if the price is cheap enough for you. That is it. Expand
  22. Nov 9, 2012
  23. Nov 9, 2012
    Nothing compared to the original Diablo's. This game was fun for maybe the first 30 hours of gameplay IF your playing online with friends, because there is no single player. Overall I really dont have much to say about it because it was one of those play and throw away games that I will probably never touch again.. Stale, repetitive, uninspired, manufactured hype cash in for Blizzard that came out with a torrent of server issues causing half the user base to uproar which is what most of these bad reviews are for. So theres that, but then again, it was fun for a bit, this is something you would spend 20 bucks on when your sick of all your other games. Expand
  24. Nov 9, 2012
    Funny, I could have sworn I already reviewed this game. Anyhoo, I can only describe this game as a purchased virus. The few times I could actually play the game, every session was preceded by an hour of patch downloads. Now, I cannot use it at all. My account has been arbitrarily blocked more than once- This already happened to my WoW accout as well after I quit playing it for years. I spent way too much time trying to receive support since you need to log in to their crap for EVERYTHING. I refuse to MAIL them a copy of my driver's license or PURCHASE their authenticator to "avoid issues" such as this. When I had finally had enough of the ridiculous hoop jumping I went to uninstall everything Blizzard but their uninstall program does not uninstall the game- it just takes the shortcut off the desktop. Nice! This company should be the target of a class-action lawsuit. Their business strategies are nothing short of CRIMINAL. The game itself isn't horrible, but definitely not worth all the headaches to keep it going. It's like dealing with the DMV. I just want it OFF my system. I am done with everything Blizzard. Torchlight 2 is the way to go. Expand
  25. Nov 8, 2012
    Awful and dumbed down in every singe way,The RMAH turn this game in a simple pay 2 win. thx god that i could rollback the charges in my CC. DOnt waste ur money in this crap....
    Awful and dumbed down in every singe
  26. Nov 7, 2012
    Really? They actually named this pile of **** Diablo 3 ? wtf is this? Where is all the enjoyment Diablo 2 and Lod had? Where are the real unique (golden) items as seen in Diablo2/LoD ? Oh i get it it's some graphics built around an Auction House system, gj job Blizzard finally one company understood the whole thing behind enjoying games..... NOT! In all honesty, this was the last Title i touched from Blizzard, and i was a freaking Fanboy, loving all their stuff regardless what others would say, but this game is such a letdown and such a disgrace to the Diablo series and Blizzard, it's just unforgivable.

Better head out and play the Grand Torchlight II, which actually has the original Diablo2 team behind it afaik, atleast it feels like it does.
  27. Nov 6, 2012
    My brother and i were naturally excited when the game was finally announced. We both picked up copies, played for a while and found the game to be VERY lackluster. The games environment, menu layouts and gameplay SCREAMED WoW, which i personally was NOT happy about. Oh, and f*ck the auction house. Blizzard has ruined a classic series with Copy/Pasting just about EVERYTHING from World of WarCrap and adjusting it to better fit the scenario. If i could i would gladly return this game, but Gamestop will not allow it because the disc has been "used." I made it to about level 10 or so, and got bored with the game. Its currently back in its case, in the box on my shelf and will continue to sit there collecting dust until i decide to sell it or throw it away. Now that Blizzard has released the "starter edition" on the website i would HIGHLY suggest to ANYONE considering the game to try that first. I found this game to be a complete and utter waste. I hope the guys at Blizzard realize what theyve done, and choke on it. Expand
  28. Nov 5, 2012
    Why a Zero ? Cause i was insulted, people was insulted, intelligence was insulted, world gaming was too.
    Cause people defends a BAD work, an unfinished work, an erroneous project.
    Cause people are becoming zombies..... without no idea and no common sense.... This game is a failure, the only online feature, forums moderators attitude, DIII Ceo insulting people intellect is FASCISM. I can
    not change the world, but i have moral principles, and bli$$ard deserve to be boicoted until bankruptcy. No more idiots making games please !!!! Expand
  29. Nov 5, 2012
    At first I really enjoyed this game. The visuals are great and it really sets up a good atmosphere. However the game is lacking in a lot of respects. The developers seem to have a "play our way" mentality. This can be seen in the dumbing down of the stat system and the persistent manipulation of skills done every through updates. The stat system doesn't allow you to dump points into any of your attributes, instead it allocates your skill points into attributes based on your class, which disallows for true character customization. The updates are constantly manipulating the skills so that players are more likely to play a character in the "way they were intended." These points alone would be enough for me to conclude that Diablo 3 is a lackluster RPG. Combine it with the a short and sub-par story line (that you will likely have to play several times for gear) and a multiplayer with a "thrown together" feel, I would have to recommend anyone considering buying Diablo 3 to save their $60 and look into buying a different game that actually has RPG elements and a half decent storyline. Expand
  30. Nov 4, 2012
    How can you take the Diablo franchise and turn it into this? I loved the original, like Diablo II even more, but this falls flat. (how many years did I wait for this?) Yes lots of clicking and killing things, but the story, or lack of it is a big issue. They took everything special out of the game and made it feel mechanical.. Not the Diablo I remember and love.
  31. Nov 1, 2012
    Players of previous Diablo titles know that you don't buy Diablo for a single play through. But after only a few play throughs, I got very tired of this game. The levels feel more repetitive than older versions, the game system lacks balance, making it too easy to level up a character with low player skill. And the auction and crafting system don't warrant the ridiculously long time it took to develop this. All the fan boy gripes aside (graphics not "dark" enough, always-online DRM, troubles at launch, EU/US issues, etc.) it is still not the game I would expect for the money. You're better off buying Torchlight 2, if this type of game is your thing. Expand
  32. Oct 28, 2012
    This was a serious disappointment on many levels, ranging from gameplay complexity, through atmosphere, replayability, player interaction, gear availability, variability, and accessibility, to unacceptable story cheesiness. I know Diablo and D2 were not the deepest out there, but the genuinely horror atmosphere and murky, uncertain background made the actually stand out as original. DIII is totally the worst of cookie-cutter evil vs. good you can find, and it is so bad it made me almost choke. The game still offers decently paced dynamic combat and some nice, albeit too colorful, art, but it was not enough for me, certainly not at the given price. Oh, and the always-online requirement, especially given the incessant server trouble, is in my opinion unforgivable. Expand
  33. Oct 28, 2012
    This is NOT Diablo. The characters sound like arrogant chilldren, the game is COMPLETELY linear, the graphics are too "childish" and lack the dark ambiance of D2 and D1. This game is dumb. It's been 5 months since its launch and we still don't have PVP. Things just get nerfed. I want D2.
  34. Oct 26, 2012
    I read the reviews. I chose to ignore them. I loved D2 and for some reason figured that the user reviews MUST have it wrong. Turns out the users are the ones who are right; I wish I paid more attention to them. Learn from my mistake! This game is a waste of money and does not follow in the footsteps of its' predecessor.
  35. Oct 26, 2012
    SIMPLY THE WORST PC GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!
    Read through all the reviews on Amazon.com, and you'll see everything that goes into the title of my review. So ... I'm not going to review, and, thus, become redundant. But take my word for it, all the bad things you have heard about this game, they're true ... as true as the dial to the sun or an arrow to its aim.

This game is ridiculous
    for this day and age in the gaming world. The graphics, the story line, the mechanics, etc., etc., etc. It feels like I am playing the original Neverwinter Nights, (which was a wonderful game for its time, I might add) but MUCH worse, because it is completely and utterly linear. And again, the graphics are straight out of the mid-90s. What the heck were they thinking?

I spent $59.99 on a pre-order for this game, expecting something ground-breaking. What I got was the hugest disappointment I have ever experienced in the age of computer games. I feel as though Blizzard reached their hands in my wallet and pulled out three $20 bills when I wasn't looking.

If you haven't purchased the game yet, heed my advice and the rest of the negative reviews here ... DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
  36. Oct 24, 2012
    Why do all game devs these days only care about money. Screw your auction house, the whole point of the game is to collect stuff yourself, what is the point if you can just buy the items in the auction house? It's stupid. The game itself is too easy, Story wasn't that great,graphics are good, and gameplay is good. I just can't give a game a good score when the game itself is repetative and you can't play offline. The game should be limitless and not have it's limits. Get your s**t together or get out. That's all I can say. Expand
  37. Oct 23, 2012
    This game is GARBAGE. Absolute GARBAGE. I payed 80 f*cking dollars for GARBAGE. The game gives you **** loot no matter what you do, so you have to get all of your gear from the auction house so Blizzard can make even more money. Congratulations, Blizzard: you've ruined the Diablo universe! I'm not even going to try and describe the "story" of this game - it's that f*cking bad. 0/10 for this turd of a game. JAY WILSON? F*CK THAT LOSER! Expand
  38. Oct 21, 2012
    Well, I only have one thing to say to this game. If you choose to play this game because you believed this is a MULTIPLAYER and ONLINE game, you are sadly mistaken. If Blizzard only had advertise this game correctly, it should be a single player game with access to online auction system and LAN. And it is a single player game with a boring campaign.
  39. Oct 19, 2012
    Good until I reached level 60...After level 60 game became extremely repetitive, I mean i get it, this game is about getting better and better stuff isnt it? well my hope to loot a legendary or a set item kept me playing this game and finally....FINALLY got my 1rst legendary:

a crossbowvery good stats but...543dps, price in AH = 50k gold

It's been almost 2 months since the last time
    I logged in, I played this game 183 hours so I know what im talking about, being a Wizard I suffered patch 1.0.4 nerf, when I read about another nerf to my CM build in the upcoming 1.0.5 patch which took me those 183 hours to get the items I just stoped playing

And that's about the gameplay, I won't get started on the low fps/stuttering issues but to resume that problem:

I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW ALIENWARE AND GUESS WHAT? I CAN'T GET MORE THAN 25FPS IN COMBAT. I opened a ticket in customer support but they couldn't help me

My hope in this game is dead. Don't even try the demo, this crap is not worth it
  40. Oct 19, 2012
    After enjoying D2 years ago and years of waiting I must admit I'm disappointed. Don't know if time passed by Diablo or something else, but this game is BOOORING!! I hardly managed to play 2-3 hours and then went to cry for my money. Don't think I'll be back playing this anymore. Maybe I should give it change to get better but this 3 hours was too much... Feels like I played 30 hours.
  41. Oct 16, 2012
    I was going to give this game a deserved 9 out of 10 ... but can't. I've managed MINIMAL game time due to server issues. I don't care what the 'DO GOODERS' keep saying about 'Have patience'. I'm sorry, I've bought Diablo 3 to play when I wanted. Blizzard have my money therefore my side of the agreement has been met. Sadly, Blizzard have FAILED to do their part. The biggest challenge is getting past the login screen. TO THE DO GOODERS ... If you bought a car and it only came with three wheels and you were told the other one will be here in a weeks time, you'd complain. You would say 'Hold on, I've paid for a car with 4 wheels'. Well that is EXACTLY what WE the NEGATIVE REVIEWERS are writing about. It's POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and in these modern times we DESERVE more from a company who make computer games. I'm not bothered that it's day one etc etc etc. I've PAID MY MONEY and I want to PLAY THE GAME I paid for. That's the way the world works. Expand
  42. Oct 15, 2012
    I nicely done game, but that is about it imho. If you love Diablo, and Blizz, then the game is a must. As much as I liked D2 and other Blizz games, I couldn't get myself to play beyond 20 something hours. Maybe we players expect nowadays too much? Whatever the case or reason, I can not see the reason behind 100% score reviews. Very misleading. User score average here seems to be much more realistic. Expand
  43. Oct 14, 2012
    Very bad game, outdated graphics, for a game that has been in developpment for 10 years this is a huge shame, it's going to be ported on consoles, pvp is late, game mechanics are bad, this game screams bad all over the place. I am a huge diablo fan but the third is just a pile of dump.
    Blizzard should quit Activision's deadly grasp already
  44. Oct 14, 2012
    I get sad when I think of what the game could have been but isn't. Everything from launch issues that kept me from playing for the first week to the fact that you have to trudge through every single difficulty level in order before the game gets anything close to challenging - I don't know what Blizzard had in their minds with this game and I'd be curious to know if even they did.

Most
    everything has been simplified and randomized to such an extent that nearly no drops you get are good, almost forcing you to go to the in-game auction house which completely nullifies the purpose of a dungeon crawler in the first place. Diablo 2 was about grinding for loot, slowly getting better and more exciting items. Diablo 3 has no exciting items and you rarely find anything better than what the AH has to offer. Your best bet is to just grind gold and spend it on the market. They made a game with features completely contradictory of its purpose, which is very sad indeed.

Is it a bad game? Not per se. Combat is fun once you get to Inferno and enemies finally are difficulty, but then again you have to grind through the same content 3 times before you get there which is simply not worth it. Class design is quite good, the classes feel unique and complete, but again you only get to feel that in Inferno. They just borked this game completely, so many bad decisions must have taken place during the development of the game.

Other points of interest: Despite big names voice acting is mostly horrid, but I'd wager that the god awful script is at fault here. Not easy to perform when the material you have sucks. The story is so predictable and generic that at no point during the game was it a surprise when **** turned into *****. No epic twist, no interesting storytelling. Blizzard dropped the ball monumentally on this game which is nothing but an utter shame.
  45. Oct 14, 2012
    It's interesting to see how some people come up with certain visions with this game that are completely untrue:

Xon - The game is well balanced / The story suffices

- The game is anything but balanced. All the classes are completely broken, especially the Barbarian which seems to get buffed every patch while every other class gets nerfed. With the new monster power system coming
    in, it makes absolutely no sense to play any other class other than a Barbarian. This should put up a red flag about the supposed balance. The story is lame at best; professional script writers have actually poked fun at D3's story as being one of the worst story line's they've ever seen.

Karma_Police - Everything that makes a good game is there / "when" they polish the game the game could be the best game in pc history / Blizzard fixing the issues.

- Haha ok this is a real doozy here.. how much exactly have you had to drink when you wrote that? The only thing the game has that could even remotely considered to make it great is it's graphics. It lacks everything else, from the music, to the balance, down to the non-randomness of the maps. They aren't fixing anything, they take about 150 steps backwards with each patch, tipping the scales in favor of not only Barbarians but a small % of players who use the rmah. Things like this have been pointed out since it's release. The only thing Karma has right is the loot system is crap, as well as, the DRM.,

For those of you looking at this and wavering on whether or not to buy D3; you need to know the truth, and not be subjected to these lies these 2 have put forth.

The only way this game will work for you is if you don't plan on progressing past Normal mode (which should take you maybe 35hrs of playtime at most. If your happy with spending $60 on that, then this game is for you. Keep in mind.. the 35hrs play time will probably take you about 200hrs real time due to the constant errors.
  46. Oct 13, 2012

Story is meh

Action House is terrible
    Missing key classes
    No PVP even now

What happened to Diablo?!
    (oh that's right, the main dev's went to Guild Wars and Torchlight)
  47. Oct 12, 2012
    Winner of this years Game Developer's Choice award for audio. This fact surprised me until I noticed that all the winners of their awards have a representative on their voting panel. Just pathetic.
  48. Oct 12, 2012
    Draconian DRM and since I'm on 3G connection mostly unplayable. The pay to win auction house, the intense lag since I live in Africa... its like something EA would make. Very disappointed, especially for this price tag
  49. Oct 10, 2012
    Cons: Auction House plays for you. Items are boring, repetitive, and other than your main stat / vitality the affixes are irrelevant. Linear Gameplay + only 5% f the maps are randomized. Online only. Matchmaking only, no custom games. Max of 4 people per game. Pros: Nice Graphics. Summary: I wouldn't bother with D3 unless Blizzard makes some serious, fundamental changes to it
  50. Oct 10, 2012
    After a development that took roughly ten years, you think that Blizzard would have included more ingame content. Perhaps the director thought that players would enjoy a more fast grind to the end? Diablo 3 is only a shell of what it really could be. Fun gameplay and multiplayer die quickly with a crazy short campaign with little incentive to repeat the journey. Also loot drops still aren't fixed after continued patches. This game is in dire need of a campaign that can't be finished in less than 10 hours. Expand
  51. Oct 10, 2012
    Pompous, silly and boring story, talentless voiceactors. Mildly engaging gear grind, made boring since you can buy better stuff at the auction house anyway. I played through it on two difficulties, the second time was mostly boring, At the third difficulty I fell asleep in the starting town.

Disappointingly short and boring game from the formerly awesome company Blizzard.
  52. Oct 9, 2012
    I cannot find anything good to say about this game. I wanted to like it, but it has no lasting end game. I played D2 for 11 years. D3 = 1 month. Too much hype; an insanely long development time that shows nothing other than perhaps legal issues regarding the auction house. Very poor story. I cannot fathom an expansion based on the ending. I prefer having the ability to make custom games not the auto-assigning. Inferno prior to the latest patch as of this writing was as a friend called it, "utterly ridiculous and a cheap gimmick" and stopped upon completing Hell difficulty. I persisted, but it was not until I found richer friends who could use the auction house could I progress past Act 2. I have a long list of friends who I played with (and I started on launch weeping through error 37), and none of them have logged in for over a month now. Most went back to WoW or some other game. I recently started playing D2 and Torchlight II; I can live without awesome graphics.

All I care about are things like end game, replay-ability, more diversity, less grinding, and an attempt by a company to maximize the development time listening to the community.

I get it. I'm a veteran and my eyes are clouded by nostalgia. Still, I put in my time. I tried all classes. Tried Hardcore. It doesn't work. I don't think the game can be patched to fix the issues. It was a colossal mistake from all angles. I don't care about SP. That bothers older players, but I didn't play D2 for the single player. The critics obviously did not play the game; they need to actually play these games before reviewing. I mean there is something seriously wrong with such a massive disparity 3.7 vs 88? Personally, I wish I never bought the game. I really thought it was going to be keeping me up night after night for months. I got into the beta, and I thought it was just a random area for us to test. In no way did I find elements of the teaser gameplay released in 2008 that was 10x better than what I was given.

All in all, do yourself a favor and play anything else or if you really want to play wait until it is on sale or a certain man in charge of this game gets fired for making abusive remarks and/or the company gets off the high horse and goes back to its garage days where it has to think about the gamers and not instant profit, residual income, and other gimmicks that failed to keep me and lots of others away. Yes, that was a run-on. Terrible....so terrible.

I give it a 1 out of 10. Nothing can save this franchise. SC2 has more hope. Warcraft will always be their baby. I got that much out of the 20 year anniversary they posted on the website. 75% Warcraft, 20% Starcraft, 5% (barely a mentioning) Diablo. Fin.
  53. Oct 9, 2012
    Well after 60+ hours of playing the game I think I can finally conclude that there are way too many problems that are ingrained into the game due to design choices made by Blizzard. The first 10 or so hours were fun, it was new, it was shiny new, but after that it simply went downhill.

It's biggest and most unforgivable flaw is of course the loot drops. They are geared around the entire player population and no longer (like Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2) geared around the individual player, so what you get is total junk loot most of the time which then forces you into their gold or real money auction house to get items that are appropriate for your characters level just so that you can move on in the game.

Sure, some players may have the luck (somebody has to right?) and those items in the auction houses have to come from somewhere, and they do, from the lucky players or the players that have no life and do nothing but grind for hundreds of hours in D3, or from bots that grind just as mercilessly so that they can sell the good loot to real live players for gold (or real money) which they then turn around and sell the gold to the fool players that are willing to buy from 3rd party sites. Anyway, my point is that the loot is geared to drop around the entire population of players else their auction house wouldn't even work for them. So you can either grind for tens or hundreds of hours in hopes that you'll get a decent upgrade or go to the auction house and buy it with some gold or real money.

This directly conflicts with all of the ARPG's that I've ever played and I've played a lot, the whole auction house deal basically takes away the one guilty pleasure of these types of ARPG's which is to find new loot that are upgrades for your character.

Next we have the total respec, where you have no perminence with your character as you can change the skills as often as you change your socks (actually, probably more often) which means there's basically no reason to reroll a new character, just go to the auction house to buy some new gear to accompany your new chosen skills.

All in all this game has been a total and complete let down to both my wife, myself and about 75% of our friends that also bought it. Both my wife and I had been wanting a D3 since Diablo 2 LOD was released and have waited patiently for the past I don't know how many years, 7 or 8 years now. Unfortunately the game is so seriously flawed by poor design decisions by Blizzard developers and there's just no way to fix it as it's prime function for Blizzard is to make a revenue stream out of the auction house. As long as the auction houses remain, the loot drops will be based on total player population and the game will never have that feeling of achievement that you would normally get in games like Diablo 2, Titans Quest, Torchlight 1 & 2, Sacred etc etc etc, the list goes on and on an don.

I originally scored this game a 10, that was 4 hours and 54 minutes into play, it's now Oct, almost 5 months after release and the grind is still there and that is ONLY in HOPES that you might get an upgrade. please take my word for it when I tell you that it's simply not worth it, especially at the $60.00 price tag.

If on the other hand you hurry down to Toys r Us you can pick up Diablo 3 right now for only $9.99 If you buy it for under a 10er, then you'll likely get your moneys worth out of it with one play through, assuming you get loot that let's your character keep moving forward.

I can no longer in good conscience recommend this game to family or friends or even my worst enemies. Expand

54. Oct 9, 2012
    Pure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awful Expand
  55. Oct 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played two softcore characters to level 60 and a hardcore barbarian through Act 1 Inferno. The longer you play the more you see the short comings of the design decisions the development team made, when they tried to "revolutionize" the ARPG genre instead of sticking to time tested mechanics.

The replay value get's absolutely slaughtered by the "skill unlock and unlimited respec" system. There is no reason why I should play a barbarian again, when I have everything unlocked and the next playthrough would feel exactly the same. It feels a bit like being dragged through the game on railroad tracks. You never have to make a decision that has any permanence which kills the fun. Everything is done for you. This is not what I expect from a Diablo game. After playing every class to level 60 once you're done with the game. The terible loot and item system make it even worse, because playing the game feels like a waste of time on higher levels. You clean the same Act on Inferno two times just to be mocked with **** blue items. There is no feelling of reward which would keep you playing. You have the constant feeling that you are suposed to use the horrible Auction House just to be able to advance. The quests and levels feel extremely boring. It's always go to A and B to click one something so you can go through the portal where you will find two new portals which you have to enter and clear just to be able to enter the last portal. To add insult to injury all boses an NPC simply can't keep their obnoxious mouth shut. It is very annyoing once you played through the story once. You'll only be hitting the spacebar like a maniac all the time just to skip cheesy dialogs and cut-scene which are forced down your throat. The boss battles are stupid and boring. You'd think that a billion dollar company could come up with something more intimidating than a stupid butterfly which will spawn 4 dudes with a big club and shield itself as long as they are alive. That's it. Dudes get spawned you kill them. You hit the butterfly until it starts shielding itself again and spawns the 4 dudes again. Repeat until the butterfly is dead.

If this game wasn't called Diablo I would give it 5-6 points out of 10.
  56. Oct 8, 2012
    Boring, simple, limiting itemization. Plot & dialogue geared for a 10 year old. Very linear game play with little randomness. Stat system dumbed down beyond belief. No pvp, no endgame, no reason to continue to play. New Paragon level makes it more restrictive to level alts. Botters and spammers everywhere. Arrogant game designer who clearly has no idea how to make an ARPG and who is clearly taking his cues from WoW. Worst gaming disappointment ever. Expand
  57. Oct 7, 2012
    I really wanted to like this game. Played about 60 hours over a month and now 3 months later and I don't even think about it anymore (other than the money I coughed up). Game needs a SERIOUS patch or something that'll make it more challenging. Even PVP hasn't been activated yet. wtf dude?
  58. Oct 7, 2012
    Imo this game are sill in beta mode. If I had known about Diablo 3 when I bought the game, what I know now. I had not bought this game.
    +1 to the graphics and sound. Blizzard change system of this game more often then you change pants. This kills the game feeling of d3.
  59. Oct 7, 2012
    So disappointing Blizzard!!! #1) Repetition - 4 rounds of the same game doesn't equal a good experience. #2 Farming grind or Real Money Auction House...GET USED TO THEM. #3) Builds suck, there are only a few that can do Inferno and they COST A LOT. #4) Magic find. Seriously, what the hell? #5) Boss fights. They are counterproductive. Beat an inferno boss, find an ilvl 51 item. Yay. Is this Diablo?
    #6) The artistic direction. It feels like WoW. ( i hate WOW)
    #7) In a 4 player game, when the heat is on, I can't tell half the time where my mouse pointer is, or what my character is doing, or where the frozen/arcane spawns are, until it's too late. #8) The story. This is totally unacceptable. Who wrote this? Who approved of it? Fire them. I'm insulted by it to be honest.
    #9) Nerfs change your builds and cause you to more of # 1 - 5.
    #10 Paragon Levels... MORE WAYS TO GRIND.

These are the things I can come up with off the top of my head. Anyway, I am cashing out, selling all my pieces of gear, and not looking back. Overall I had fun, and in the end the game paid me to play, and paid quite well, but in hindsight, this game is a 1/10 at best.

Quite possibly the most disappointing game I have ever been excited for...ever.
  60. Oct 7, 2012
    I tried so hard to find something that I liked/enjoyed about this game, however there really not much there.

Gameplay: Derivative. No challenge, you are as good as your gear, not by talent or skill. Speaking of which the "skill tree" is essentially pre-determined. Music - Nice, you get a point.
    Graphics - Cartoonish. They lost the horror and despair evident in the previous games.

Character customisation - None to talk of.
    Comabt - point and click. Pick two skills and point and click those skills at the monsters.

The game honestly felt more like World of Warcraft, then previous titles in the Diablo series. On a side note, there is no "hide" option from friends online. This is super annoying as I don't always want to "chat" but I don't want to "block" anyone either.

Additionally, I like to play single player games and am not a fan of multi-player online games. And yet one has to be logged in to play this single player. I was going to rate the game 2, but after reviewing this game in a thoughtful manner - it only deserves a 1.
  61. Oct 6, 2012
    A perfect example on how to destroy one of the best game franchises around. Not worth spending a dime on it. You are better off playing any other game in the arpg style like torchlight 2, borderlands 2 or path of exile. Stay away from this game.
  62. Oct 6, 2012
    For a game that has been anticipated for upwards of 10 years, Diablo 3 just didn't live up to the hype. The story is poorly written, the gameplay is repetitive, the loot aspect that has been a staple of the Diablo series is gone, and there is the ever present "always on" DRM. It feels like every game design choice Blizzard made was done with the sole intent of driving every player to the real money auction house. In Diablo 1 and 2 community interaction was a huge thing. Trading was the lifeblood of these games, but Blizzard all but eradicated it in Diablo 3. As a result, Diablo 3 feels like a hallowed out shell. Oh, and they just added 100 Paragon levels on top of the original 60. This is just a thinly vieled attempt at trying to keep players going so they would spend more money on the Blizzard controlled auction house. If you have a friend that owns this, borrow his laptop for a few days and beat the story. If not, don't waste your money on this piece. Expand
  63. Oct 5, 2012
    I spent 132 hours playing this garbage game! O yeah it deserves a score of 0 because this game is all about money. and I used to be a Diablo 3 fanatic, then I took an arrow to the knee.
  64. Oct 4, 2012
    I have lead in this game more, than 200 hours. I can judge it as has spent for it a huge heap of time. My verdict to this game: it absolutely unsuccessful from different directions. Game very short. Practically all time which I have spent for this game has been spent because of my desire to loot good items for my char. I have drawn one simple conclusion, this game anything without auction. Player is obliged to use it, differently it simply will not pass even the second act on Inferon difficulty. It completely kills all sense and interest from game. In genre RPG, the player should dress the character itself. Expand
  65. Oct 3, 2012
    This game was the largest RPG hack and slash of 2012. All the hype and time waiting for this game for decent visuals, a poor story, and incredibly repetitive gameplay. I have far too many gripes about this game to recommend it to anyone. Firstly, single player requires internet connection, which is complete **** and the grind isn't worth it, the only place to get gear to face the overly repetitive and overpowered creatures in this game is the auction house. Also, with the game's current community, with over 4500 people with the same idea as mine, the auction house doesn't have as much to offer as it used to. The only good thing i found about this game was it's cut scenes. The were beautifully animated, but those alone will not mask the garbage blizzard considers to be a game. And to make sure these **** get their money, instead of actually pleasing their fans, they made sure to make it very difficult to refund the game. I have lost my belief in Blizzard as a company. They made as wait years just to hand us a piece of garbage inside a box. If this review is read, out of the other 4500 of them by a blizzard employee, fix your **** game. If this is read by someone smart enough to check the reviews for this game unlike I did, do not purchase this game. IT IS TERRIBLE. To all the other people out there who were deceived by Blzzard, here;s to getting out 60 dollars refunded. Expand
  66. Oct 3, 2012
    Blizzard designed the entire game around the Real Money Auction House. This made it not a fun game to play. I played Diablo 2 and 1 and loved both, this is just a disaster. Its almost impossible to find great items.
  67. Oct 3, 2012
    Reasons this game blows: - skills system designed for imbeciles. no point in ever starting a second character in the same class - boring gameplay. sooo repetitive. I think I have carpal tunnel. - nothing to explore. the whole game it's like you're stuck in a tube. -whimyshire is insultingly stupid. it's not funny that you made an epically lame game - music is HORRIBLE and so are the character voicings. Never noticed how good that was in D2 until playing this game. Where are the death screams? MaaaOOOOOOOO! Expand
  68. Oct 3, 2012
    You can't play offline even if you solo, No lan support, 90% of the loots have stats that don't make sense.

For a loot driven game, i find the treasure hunting in this game extremely frustrating. Graphics are good, story is simple but effective, voice acting however is very cheesy.

In short, this game doesn't encourage to play with your in co-op, and the loot system is so messed up
    you kinda wonder if bli$$ard didn't do it on purpose to "motivate" you to use their new auction house.

This game is a failure and a disappointment. Specially with TL 2 that just came out. It's just 20$ and delivers more than D3. Hell, TL 2 feels even closer to the spiritual successor of D2 than D3 itself.

D3 is pretty to look at, but that's about it!
  69. Oct 3, 2012
    Until the RMAH is removed this game shall receive a zero. After that I might reconsider changing it to a 8. The game was okay for what it was. However, I still won't play it. The story was crappy and predictable. Oh not to mention all the freaking interruptions in gameplay because of the cut scenes...
  70. Oct 2, 2012
    What an unmitigated disaster. Blizzard should apologize to their fans for this atrocious attempt at a sequel to Diablo 3. Why the game is bad has already been stated enough times to be clear. I just want to give voice to the overwhelming disappointment that this game has wrought on fans of this series.

Truly pathetic.
  71. Oct 2, 2012
    The game strays to far from what made it legendary. It was clearly not designed by the original developers.

Rest in peace Diablo. We will miss you.
  72. Oct 2, 2012
    es increible que a dia de hoy existan empresas como blizzard que se rian de sus clientes en la cara, conexion a intenet? casa de subastas? es inaudito
  73. Oct 2, 2012
    This game is a shame for the whole gaming community: the Real Money Auction House is a gigantic scam, yet.

Diablo 3 have some awesome graphics and cinematics, the basic gameplay is also very addictive, but:
    - The builts diversity promised is not applicable due the lack of high quality items
    - The builts diversity promised is a joke when looking the actual 'paragon leveling' pushing
    players to focuse on only 1 character for months even years to be fully leveled.
    - There is a maximum of 6 skills possible, following a console pad play
    - The game was lauched as a beta, and massively exploited by cheaters & hackers
    - The in game trade interface got flaws that are not fixed while RMAH very optionnal features are added in next patches, giving an idea of what are the priorities of this company.
    - The characters run/move speed is a way too low, look like sick turtles.
    - The Item drop rate is a way too low; is a shame pushing little players to play the same dedicated characters builts for hundred of hours days weeks in the same places over and over again to have a chance to drop something very good, OR have to PAY FOR IT IN THE REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE.

Basically this game is a DEMO of what it could be if players had the best items; much tricks are done to push ppl to buy items in RMAH, like profile access (players can inspect each others in details to see what items are used, what skills etc..)

This is Blizzard This is Business

And can explains the actual 3.7/10 ...
  74. Oct 2, 2012
    After 100 hours of gameplay, I have come to say that this game is outright disastrous. Every reason I played the earlier games has been stripped from this one, which came to me as no surprise as Blizzard closed Blizzard North halfway through their version of Diablo 3. I can't deny that this game had a few fun pockets of some pretty fun hack n' slash, but the negatives vastly outweigh anything positive you could say about this game. I coasted through the first three difficulties rarely having to even use my left hand to hit hotkeys, and then suddenly inferno comes, and every elite mob who gets in my plane of vision one shots me, and I'm told by players online that I need to buy gear from the auction house if I want to get anywhere. Lets think about that one; in a game where they've taken away distributed stat points, skill points, and any sort of complex or in-depth element, why would they also take away the very foundation of looting to progress? And I don't even want to get started on the abysmal tacked-on story. To me, this game is nonsensical and does not deserve to have the title of Diablo. Expand
  75. Oct 1, 2012
    Very repetitive, many mistakes throughout, of which, are unfortunately unfixable at this point. Real Money Auction House had really ruined what could have been a great game along with dumbing down many of the previous things in Diablo II which made it great.
  76. Oct 1, 2012
    There are things you cannot change. Soccer rules are the same for more than one century and it is still the most popular sport on earth. One of the reasons of D2 longevity was the freedom to experience different builds whichever the player desires, giving infinity replayability. Being able to create a melee sorc or a ranged barbarian was part of the fun, and this game removes this. It is sad to see Blizzard going the same path as Bioware. The board of directors from Activision and EA see our beloved games as if they are the same as Farmville, and this is the result we receive. Expand
  77. Oct 1, 2012
    As an old Diablo 1 and 2 player, i can't believe this game was made. From an interesting story with amazing fights it ends to be a game designed to be an endless item farming game. With the ambitious plan by blizzard to implement the RMAH (Real money auction house), the game became an item hunt game. The acts are boring, the only one you may enjoy is Act3 but with a lot of lacking gameplay. Too many old mobs & bosses appearances making it really lacking on creativity. It's a clear disaster from blizzard, trying to revive an old game that wasn't needed to bring back. Expand
  78. Sep 29, 2012
    I started playing this game and actually really enjoyed it through the first hour. The story seemed like it was going to be compelling and it felt like perhaps the game was going to be a more refined version of Diablo 2. Skill systems were interesting right off because you were constantly getting new things to try every level and everything seemed like it would be useful. Items that I could use were dropping a bit less than I had hoped, but still thought the game was good.

By the end of the first act I was still liking the game, but it really did lack variety. You really only run around outside in the same kind of places and then go into a hellish type torture chamber place where zombies are being burnt and demons run at you. It still had enough variety to be entertaining though. I went into act two and thought, hey this is very similar to act 2 in diablo 2. You go to Lut Golein, it's sandy and bright and your in a market city. This is kind of neat to feel nostalgia towards Diablo 2, but at this point act 1 seemed like act 1 from before and act 2 is the same as well. You would think by now they would have come up with something new right?

Anyway, went forward through the act and it was okay. Same thing, it lacked variety and you went into the sewers ( just like in act 2 of Diablo 2). It just felt like it lacked creativity at this point and by this time my skills were starting to show problems too. Certain skills are just way more powerful than others and there was really no point in using anything other than them. They have patched this a bit, but still it's not really that balanced. You will find one thing that's best and go with that.

Enter Act 3 or should I say half an act. This act is pretty short and boring, the story at this point really gets cliche and uninteresting. I was really sad at this point because you could tell blizzard just gave up on the story and creativity. At this time you realize that items don't drop very often at all that you need because there's an auction house and they expect you to use it. So, don't expect good things to drop for you, expect things to drop for others very infrequently and then expect to have to sell them to other people, just to buy stuff for you. Auction house works great in games like WOW, but here you kinda want to find some things for your own character every now and then. It actually makes it fun to fight things and hope good stuff drops, but just don't expect that to happen often at all.

By the end of this act I was actually dreading act 4 because I felt the story was just stupid at this point and don't worry, I wasn't disappointed. The final act, which can't even be called that is about half of the size of act 3! It's set in "heaven" which could have been really cool, but ends up super boring and generic. I don't think you'll find very many people who will enjoy this act. It seems thrown together and could have been done better by almost any game company. Blizzard is better than this and I'm not sure how this managed to pass through their testing.

You beat the game, the story sucked, and guess what? Now they want you to beat it again in nightmare mode....which is about the same difficulty as normal. So you are even more bored. Then you get to beat it AGAIN....Hell mode gets harder and you learn you can actually die in this game towards act 4. By this time you have beaten the game twice and the already bad story and boring acts are pretty much loathed. You would rather be going to school or work or whatever it is you do. Hell, after beating this game 2 times at that point I would almost rather do laundry and that is saying something.

You beat the game on HELL and now have beaten it 3 friggin times, and now what do you unlock? Inferno mode! YAY! The same damn game, but now you can die in 2-3 hits. You must now gear up at this point to beat each act, and "champion" packs of monsters can kill you very quickly if you don't adjust tactics..Each class generally has a certain build they must use to get through. There is a little variety, but very little. If you are lucky enough to have good things drop for you then you might make it to act 3 and 4 relatively easy, if your unlucky expect to play through act 1 a million times in hopes you get something..ANYTHING to sell and purchase better gear. Then you finally gear up, you finally get through act 4. And you are done. Nothing else in the game to do. So why play any more? The better question is why did you beat the same game 4 times in a row, that wasn't even very fun the first time? My advice is, don't play Diablo 3 at all. If you played Diablo 2 then congratulations, you played a better game with a better story. No reason to even take a look at this. If you are really bored with life then you can take a look, but you wont find anything new.
  79. Sep 29, 2012
    Complete and utter garbage. Do not buy.

The designers at the helm of this abomination are caught up in a dirty cloud of real-money auction houses and misguided pursuits of balance and "viability". In the mean time, the team, under the leadership of the talentless Jay Wilson, had forgotten to make the game interesting and fun. Don't waste your money. There are plenty of better games on
    the market. Expand
  80. Sep 29, 2012
    I was profoundly disappointed with Diablo III. I played several weeks AFTER release day, so my review is based on the game itself, not the customer service nightmare that was release day. I played the original Diablo and Diablo II, and unfortunately, 10-12 years of development (or however long it took them) didn't result in a marked improvement. On the positive side, I will say that gameplay feels more organic, and each class feels more unique than in previous installments. I admit, I loved the unique feel of the different classes, the animation for their various abilities and being able to tailor these abilities to my individual play style. I also like the fact that I can choose a gender for each class, whereas in previous games your gender depended upon the class you chose, so that was a definite improvement. My main gripe with this game is that, after an hour or two, it's BORING. After you get past the "OMG it's D3!!!" feeling and actually play the game for a few hours, this is what the experience comes down to for me: Run Around. Kill Mobs. Loot. Run Around More. Kill Mobs. Loot More. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Previous installments of the game felt darker and instilled actual fear in me while I played, as the atmosphere and story engaged me and made the experience feel less grindy. The story in D3 seems more in the background than D1 and 2, and the repetitive gameplay and the relegation of the lore to the backburner greatly decreased my engagement in the game. It felt too easy, too repetitive and lacked the depth that was an integral part of Diablo I and II. Some would argue that Diablo I and II had very little depth, but I disagree. Yes, the story of Diablo didn't have the same complexity of the Warcraft or Starcraft franchises, but the lore was still rich and evoked a sense of fear and darkness that I simply didn't feel in D3 - even with the added cinematics, which felt hollow somehow. All in all, I was profoundly disappointed in Diablo III. Though it looks great and the classes were unique and fun to play for a short time, Diablo III felt repetitive and fell flat. It sadly lacks heart, and felt more like a generic hack-and-slash money-grab than a high-quality, complex universe that Blizzard was known for producing in the past. Expand
  81. Sep 28, 2012
    Too much hype. Such a good looking game with great musical score. But in the end, the fun factor was just not there. The inability to chose stats was such a let down. Choosing stats and skills gives the player a feeling of ownership that the game does not provide. In the end, max level classes are the same. They all receive the same stats and skills.

It's not that it's a bad game. But
    this game carried high expectations. And high expectations, simply carry high criticism. Expand
  82. Sep 28, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a major disappointment. It is really only 4-6 hours long. Wasted $60. Will not buy anything related to Diablo ever again. This game could be worth it if it were under $10.
  83. Sep 28, 2012
    I didn't want to give this game a 0, but... I am just so disappointed. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. This game was quite possibly the biggest bust of 2012. Perhaps the most overhyped game in almost a decade. Disgusting.
  84. Sep 28, 2012
    Played for 30 minutes, got bored, never went back. Don't waste money on this. The days of good Blizzard carring for the quality of their games are gone.
  85. Sep 28, 2012
    After putting in several hundred hours in this game i feel absolutely disgusted with myself for wasting so much of my time and money on game made by developers who don't care about anything but $$. If you enjoy games with inflated economies filled with botters, hackers, and day traders (like runescape), this may be the game for you. Unfortunately most of the time you will find your self with a lacking feeling of reward or fun.

Also for an ARPG the randomization in this game is absolutely horrible. Very little replay value, and an incredibly unintelligent and boring story line.

Your time is better spent just playing its predecessors.
  86. Sep 27, 2012
    My god... did I really wait this long to write my review? I guess it bummed me out that much. Anyway, fond memories brought me to Diablo at which point I woke up and wondered what the heck I was doing. I wasn't having fun. I should have understood that when I didn't have the urge to log in (urgh permaonline), I guess I was a bit of a welltrained humanbot. Congrats to Blizzard on that account. They actually made me play something I didn't enjoy. Expand
  87. Sep 27, 2012
    I gave up on Diablo 3, i really dislike the direction that the series moved in with the addition of the auction house, the always online connection needed, and the way they simplified the RPG aspects. I ended up removing it from my hard drive.
  88. Sep 27, 2012
    nothing much to brag about this game. its all about the repetitive game style and i have never been sleepy playing any games except this 1. forces you to use the AH and RMAH to get the upgrade wasnt a very good move on any games. been played for about 600 hours now and i only found 3 upgrade for myself.
  89. Sep 26, 2012
    From the early start of the game, it may worth about 6/10, however, with more playtime more bad feeling come. U have to run act 3 over and over again to get thousands of crappy item and hope that only a few can sell. Customization is total suck, in which you can't spend your stat point. If you char are not well equiped, you need to Kite a whole map to kill an elite. My brother and my friend used to play but all quit already. It is total diappointed YOU BLIZZARD make such a boring game, and thankful nerf my barb in 1.05. Expand
  90. Sep 26, 2012
    One of the most disapointing games ever made. Truly. This game is just awful. I can't echo enough all the bad reviews on here. The subtle "pay-to-win" formula of the RMAH rules every decision of this game and is the reason this game will never be fun. This game is a perfect example of what happens to a game that's made by greedy executives rather than gamers. Torchlight 2 surpases Diablo 3 in every way including price. Expand
  91. Sep 26, 2012
    I rated this game as a 6/10 shortly after release because, despite it's flaws, I felt that the game had potential and a part of me really hoped that improvements where in the pipeline, as at the time of release things like overall combat, difficulty, loot and the auction house were clearly defective.

However, after playing the game more than I really wanted to in order to give a fair
    score, I can honestly say that not only is D3 a bad game, it's... well, it's sort of broken my faith in gaming. It's that much of a disappointment. It's the definitive example of a company taking a franchise that was built with love and care at it's conception, and turning it into a soulless cash cow with a complete disregard to the common gamer.

The scores on Metacritic are by and large NOT trolling. The critic scores, to put it mildly, are an absolute disgrace and a clear example of an attempt to buddy up to Blizzard - a gaming megalith - for future releases.

Let me be clear - I'm a Blizzard fan, I appreciate the quality they have delivered in the past, but you have to judge D3 on it's own merits and not as a fanboy of the company.

I could go into details as to what exactly makes the game poor - such as dumbed down gameplay, mind-numbing repetition, no time spent/reward ratio, an unbearably stupid loot system which renders 99% of everything you pick up utterly useless and a profession system which I can't find a negative enough word for... but it comes down to one very simple conclusion; Diablo 3 is comfortably the most disappointing game ever. But even if you took it as a standalone title and ignored the franchise history it's still one of the worst games of the year with very few redeeming features.

Do yourself a favour - if you have fond memories of Diablo 1 & 2 and you're about to opt for D3, please don't. Keep your memories of the good times safe and sound.

And the major review sites should be ashamed of themselves - actually ashamed - as you're misleading people into parting with hard earned cash for a title that they can't even return or resell when they find out how bad it is. If DRM is part of a title, honest reviews are going to be vital in the future.
  92. Sep 26, 2012
    Played for FOUR months.
    After 4 months of this game I can finally say I'm sick of playing a beta.
    NO game should ever make the kind of drastic changes that Blizzard makes with Diablo 3 on a monthly basis.
    Fixing things is understandable, every game has it's bugs that gets fixed. But full on changing things because they DID NOT TEST THEM is punishing the players for BLIZZARDS mistake.

A test realm was not even created until patch 1.05 (which is not out yet). They also changed almost every skill at least once because after release they decided they did not like the way the skills worked. They worked 100% as intended.. and when players built their classes around that skill, blizzard takes it into their own hands to decide what is fun for the players.

Blizzard has also admitted that drops are 100% effected by the Auction House... why? So the economy doesn't crash in a matter of weeks. Well.. here we are.. 4 months later.. and gold is at $0.50 per million gold.

The most recent addition to the patches.. The Infernal Machine.
    Basically... go find a key.. use the key on a door.. face Uber bosses.
    Sound familiar? That's because the idea was from Diablo 2. Gee... They're already out of unique ideas???

Final Fantasy XIV is currently one step below Diablo 3 on User Metacritic reviews.
    Square Enix COMPLETELY has overhauled and redesigned that game. Admitted they screwed up. Lead developed resigned, along with most of the development team. Blizzard/Activision needs to step up and demand Jay Wilson resign, along with his team. They are not improving a game that could EASILY be improved, just not the way they would like it to be for their own personal preference. The easiest way that could be produced in a few months... The addition of skill points and skill trees.
    As of right now. Strip down every level 60 barbarian and you have 100% identical barbarians. Identical skills and stats available. The addition of paragons however did allow players to gain VERY small amounts of skill points. But that does not change the fact that their will ALWAYS be a dominant build for each class, and everytime that build is used by a majority of the players, blizzard has chosen to nerf the builds. If a certain ability is used too often.. nerf it. If a certain trait on items is equipped to often.. nerf it. ANYTHING that is being done by too many people, blizzard will and has nerfed it. Until a new team or methodology of running this game is developed, it is doomed to fail much sooner than it ever should.
  93. Sep 26, 2012
    The gameplay and mechanics are actually ok. The biggest downfall is the beta-state of skills and *balance* (why TF does a single player game needs that much balancing?) due to the focus of the forced RMAH from Blizzard. It's given a strong impression that everything* revolved around the stupid RMAH. Don't even get started with the horrendous loots. Across 5 classes at 60. Mostly I play DH / Wiz / Barb, they farmed gears for monk and WD. I have found less than 10 pieces of gears of the character I play as an upgrade. I've gotten ~20~30 pieces of legendaries and there are 2 set picese (monk pants and DH boots that worth around 10 mil each at the time). All others are worthless crap that over half is below 60 that doesn't even worth anything other than vendor. The others 60+ ones gets turned into brimstones. Overall, the game is *ok*, but the implementation of RMAH, loot system, no end game, constant nerf (AKA rebalancing) of different spec / classes is just silly. Along side the way blizzard handles issues, i.e. the recent DH nerf of the 1500% trail to 300% dmg as a *BUG* which clearly was not, (as it's in the patch note, the developer review, the tool tip and everywhere else). They even have no balls to admit to nerfs. Game has "potential", too bad Blizzard / Jay Wilson isn't talented to exploit them. And Jay Wilson obviously didn't play D2 and I am slightly bothered by the fact he keeps trying to tell the playerbase what is "fun". (we think dodging attacks for player isn't fun, so we make mob attacks in dodgeable, even it *looks* mobs were hitting air 20 yards away, it still hits you! NOW THAT'S FUN!!". srsly. Expand
  94. Sep 25, 2012
    I purchased the CE. Honestly felt like somebody ran up to me and stole my wallet with $130 AU in it. My review does not take in to account any of the login issues and is based of the gameplay experience.

The first day or so of this game was fun as it took me back to the old days of playing Diablo 1 and 2. A lot of friends and colleagues were playing the game. After a week most of them
    had dropped off without even hitting max level. I continued playing with the 1 or 2 friends left in the game and hit inferno. After that the fun experience came to an end. I failed to see any motivation to grind on act 1 and then eventually act 2 over and over just to get to act 3 and maybe act 4 to well... just keep on grinding. If people want to grind a game to may a few $$$ that's up to them. Personally I go to work for $$$ and play games for fun. Just another great example of what Bli$$ard has now become. Sure they might be rolling in cash at the moment from all the suckers out there but are people dumb enough to keep paying for this rubbish... some may be but I hope the intelligent people out there will teach them not to bite the hand that feeds them over and over or they will eventually go without food. Expand
  95. Sep 25, 2012
    Even though there is so much hate in Diablo 3, it still deserves credit for the best looking and executed looting game there is today (in modern years of course). Felt like an MMO, but yet still "single player", D3 is very brave at attempting this untested water, with things like the Real Money Auction House. If there is anything wrong with this game, it is not the way Blizzard is treating the players (making us into their test subjects), it's with the philosophy that this game shouldn't be "too easy" because the economy of the D3 items would hugely affect their income. Blizzard misunderstood what "fun" really means for the majority of players: we play because we want the accomplishment by playing, not wasting 300 hours while still unable to complete all the challenges! So whenever someone clever enough to figure out ways to have fun, Blizzard goes in to "nerf" them. This is the worst game I've had where whatever you are having can be stripped away instantly from a single player game. If not for the huge D2 background, nobody would care about such a manipulative MMORPG without content updates. Expand
  96. Sep 25, 2012
    This game had so much potential. Blizzard fails to deliver a fantasy world for you to plunder. Instead you are left with a pay to win world. The Auction House and Real Money Auction House are the two most influential parts of the game. The loot system has been diluted to the point that many players have shared experiences of hundreds of items looted, yet none were useful or sell-able. I feel that because of the so many complaints about itemization, they have dumbed down the game similar to what has happened with World of Warcraft. It is a sad day for Blizzard fans. Expand
  97. Sep 25, 2012
    I have never written a game review before but after the huge let down of Diablo 3 I have decided there is a time for everything.

I am a huge Diablo fan and before Diablo 3 came out I convinced all my friends to pre-order it with me (about 10 of us all got it together). Upon initial play (after the huge delays due to launch, expected though) the game seemed pretty cool. I was not happy
    about a few things they had removed, ie stats, proper skill tree, etc. but the game itself started out pretty good.

Diablo 3 is a nicely designed game in terms of graphics and character control, in fact I would rate those two aspects at about a 9/10 however controls and pretty images do not make a game.

As with all diablo games the play time is extended by allowing players to replay the game with 3 (4 in diablo 3) difficulties. However in diablo 3 the first play through is way to easy and you are pretty much given the story line, personally I would have preferred to work for the story line with some difficulty.

So now for my reasoning why I gave Diablo 3 a 2/10.

Diablo 3 should have never been released as a squeal to diablo 1/2, it is far from it. Diablo 3 removes so many features from diablo 1 and 2 that it is not the same game. There is very little customization available to players. The only real customization is the choice in what spells to use, but everyone gets all of the spells so there is no real customization there. For instance I played an online game with a random, I was matched up with someone of the same class, and I was killing things better then they where so next minute they have changed their skills to exactly match mine and both our characters looked identical and had the exact same skill set. Effectively NO CUSTOMIZATION. End game is extremely boring and does not offer any "Fun" re-playability. Item drops are just pathetic and the game is designed so that you can not find the best gear for your character. You will have to buy it and in most cases this means you will need to use the real money auction house to buy really good gear. For instance I had over 250 hours played on my main character and I never found a single legendary or set Item. About a month after release all my friends where complaining about the game and said they were bored of it. I logged on the other day, after stopping playing myself for a few months, and my entire friends list has been offline for over a month. The only reason I actually gave this game a 2/10 rating is due to the awesome cinematic scenes and the quality of character control, although the story line did annoy me in places. Not to spoil anything but one particular scene was crap and would have been hated by all diablo fans.

Diablo 3 has been designed with over all money as the goal of the game not quality of the game. It is made to appeal to everyone, not to appeal to actual gamers, they are trying to target the audience of people that don't usually play games or don't play much and would rather spend money on the real money auction house then to play the game themselves.

There is absolutely no depth do Diablo 3, like the diablo series did have. From diablo 2 they removed;
    - Runes (as they where in diablo 2)
    - Stats (you still have stats but it is all automatically applied, so everyone is the same)
    - Any type of skill tree (every single player is given all of the available skills)
    - The ability to collect your own group of Set Items, it is impossible to actually find a complete set, lucky to find a single set item)
    - Sockets are gone.
    - NO PVP (they advertised the game with pvp and are yet to release it, months after launch)
    - Lowered the amount of players allowed in a single game.
    - Removed modding ability (diablo 2 modding was hugely popular and allowed the game to last much longer, people still play new content in diablo 2 today due to modding)
    - No Cube for combinations
    - Less characters to choose from

Basically they removed everything that made Diablo the great game it was and instead turned it into a no penalty game with the only requirement was to point and click, no thought or brain power needed for anything in the game. Only thing that sets you above others is gear, which turns out whoever spends the most real money on the auction house is put far ahead of everyone else. I do not recommend this to anyone looking to play diablo 3, if you are a newcomer to the series you may like it. Torchlight 2 is far closer to what diablo 3 should have been and I have been addicted to that since it's launch, much better game.
  98. Sep 25, 2012
    I bought this game at premium price and I was really disappointed with the outcome. I agree with some gamers that this is really an Auction House Tycoon 3 and not Diablo 3. The graphics is mediocre. The gameplay is not engrossing. I've finished the game in normal mode using Demon Hunter. Usable gear drop was dismal and will force you to buy at the Auction House for a better gear. I got booted out from my game if my connection is slow. The installation takes ages to finish. Hello 0% installation so I will Diablo 3 the same score here. I just finished single playthrough and I'm not inclined to play it game. Such dismal game design. This is not a Diablo game. Better play Torchight 2 or Titan Quest, these are better games. Expand
  99. Sep 24, 2012
    Oh...what to say that hasn't been said already by hordes of angry disappointed fans. This is the First BAD game that Blizzard releases. Plain and simple, that's how everyone will remember Diablo 3, (hopefully the first and last). Why?? How a company with so many resources, virtually unlimited for the gaming industry, and so much time could've got it this wrong? I kept asking myself and coming with the same answer every time: "Lack of talent". This new Blizzard Diablo 3 team and specially their lead designer are simply not good enough to make a game that lives up to the expectations of the Diablo fans. Aside the fact that the game was developed around the single and main purpose of serving as Cash-Cow for Blizzard, and the internet always requirement, No LAN support, horrible launch, etc etc...You could've still made a great game out of Diablo 3...if you didn't fail in the next 50 aspects of it. Some of which are Looting system (they simply didn't get the point of it), character progression through talents/spells/attributes (they gutted them in favor of simpler/streamlined game play), the removal of random map generation, and the lack of understanding on how to properly design a grind based point-click Action RPG' mobs (boring easy to One shotted and nothing in between). They just never got it. My opinion is this is due to their lead designer and Blizzard's greediness. I call what happened to Diablo 3: "FPS mentality". Their lead designer's FPS background clearly shows in every step of Diablo 3, and it's sad, because he could Expand
  100. Sep 24, 2012
    i have been waiting awhile to give D3 a chance cuase blizz does act they just need time but as it stands they are telling "you" the player what they consider fun and so change the game accordingly when you start having fun to prevent you once again the player from having fun in a game.
    Paragon leveling is such a gimmick and a huge time sink which is fine but the fact is they put a cap on
    magic find so any gold/real money u spent for magic find will eventually become worthless later on and just in general as the dwindling player base gains more paragon levels and need less magic find. Torchlight 2 just came out and ive had more fun with it in 8 hours then i have 200+ hours on D3. i give it a big zero becuase i payed 60$ for auction house tycoon: Real money edition, not a diablo game. Expand
  101. Aug 5, 2012
    Most disappointing game I have ever played. I cannot recommend this game in its current state. Its fun going from level 1-60, but the end-game is the most terrible idea in gaming yet. The game engine purrs and combat is fun. I even enjoy the new build system. However, in the end the game feels like a scam. Every patch that has come out since release has made the game worse. You use to be able to find gear when you opened a chest but now that doesn't happen. You used to be able to die without paying ridiculously high repair costs, but now the game is nearly unplayable unless you farm for hours a day for gold or buy gold using real money in the RMAH (real money auction house). The drop rate of items is based of the AH(auction house with in game gold)/RMAH, so sometime in the middle of hell mode using the AH becomes nearly mandatory. By the time you get to inferno mode you MUST use the AH to progress, because the drop rates are abysmal. In inferno mode, with a level requirement of 60, monsters will most often drop gear less than 60 that is useless. The gear that is level 60 normally has useless stats that no one would ever want. People who succeed in this game use exploits in-game or in the AH. The game itself is filled with boters who exploit the AH and farm for gold. This makes gold prices on the AH ridiculously high, and making the game nearly unplayable for the average player. The abysmal drop rates, combined with the high repair costs all point players to the RMAH. The drop rate issue, along with the repair costs, and the RMAH have ruined the end-game. The game feels pay-to-win and this will only get worse once PVP is released (there is NO PVP currently) when people will pay $1000.00 to deck out their characters. The game feels more like a scam for your money than a form of entertainment. All my friends who were playing on release who have stopped playing. Besides all of the above reasons, cooperative (co-op) play is discouraged in the end-game as well. Even though its easy to join a game with your friends the massive HP boost the monsters get (110% per player joining) makes it more efficient to play solo. They used to get a massive damage boost too (which made it absolutely impossible to play co-op) luckily they removed that. However, there is a five buff limit in the game which a person could reach easily on solo mode. This means that the buffs you're friends give you will either cancel out a buff you wanted to have or have no effect. Likewise, any public game you join in inferno mode will 99% of the time end up facing a nearly impossibly randomly generated elite pack and thus dying over and over again... again increasing repair costs and making you farm lower content for gold to continue playing or paying real money for gold. There are more reasons I have no included like lack of PVP, consistent lag issues, no off-line mode, lack of customization, and lack of real randomization but I'll stop here. Basically, this game feels like a $60 scam to try to rip you off of more of your money. I have no confidence that they will improve the game. Look into other forms of entertainment for your $60. This is not the sequel to Diablo 2 we have been waiting for; It is the most disappointing game of 2012. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012