4.0

1. Jul 2, 2012
    Forget the "servers down" bllsht. It forbided unlogged single player, period.
    Childish story with no suspence at all. No random maps as blizzard said. Too cartoonish with few moments of decent gore and dark atmosphere. Auction House is a obligation to advance in game. PvP not available. Elites are harder then bosses. Bestiary should be doubled. wtf is a nephalm ? and finally...
    65 direct
    Forget the "servers down" bllsht. It forbided unlogged single player, period.
    65 direct hired people, according to wiki, during 6 years to do this ?
  2. Jul 2, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game where players expected to be playing several months on to continue to get the best items for their character and to savour the moment when they found such an item. However the poor story and very repetitive maps with virtually no randomness make the actual grinding itself mind numbingly boring whilst the actual items that drop within the game are neither interesting norDiablo 3 is a game where players expected to be playing several months on to continue to get the best items for their character and to savour the moment when they found such an item. However the poor story and very repetitive maps with virtually no randomness make the actual grinding itself mind numbingly boring whilst the actual items that drop within the game are neither interesting nor worth your time to seek out. The awful customer service, feedback, server downtime and patch changes have only the made the game even more of a failure then it was on launch. Expand
  3. Jul 2, 2012
    Played the game for 10 hours with a bunch of my friends. By the time I finished Act 2 I had 0 desire to log back into the game. I honestly consider this game a waste of 60 dollars. The ten hours I did play weren't fun so much as a way to waste time. There is no PvP of any kind, There are no RPG aspects to make leveling an event worth succeeding in. Every single character has access toPlayed the game for 10 hours with a bunch of my friends. By the time I finished Act 2 I had 0 desire to log back into the game. I honestly consider this game a waste of 60 dollars. The ten hours I did play weren't fun so much as a way to waste time. There is no PvP of any kind, There are no RPG aspects to make leveling an event worth succeeding in. Every single character has access to every single spell and no one plays anything different then you, even if they do, it will never matter to you as PvP is non-existent. The servers are riddled with issues and you can't play in a single player mode offline, so when the server goes down the game is over for you. There is no story and what some people do call story is a joke. The graphics are out dated by computer game standards and the gameplay hasn't been changed in any way from the previous games created by blizzard. The scenery is boring and makes for a bland experience no matter what area of the game you are in.

The final straw of this game comes in the form of the real money auction house. As it was released the desired goal of Blizzard was made clear. This game is literally a means for them to make money off of people buying items to win the game. Everyone purchases the best available items at extremely high costs (it was attack speed based weapons, costing 250+ per weapon) after millions of dollars had been transferred in this way they nerfed attack speed (silently) then started the selling over.

If you want a game that costs you hundreds and hundreds to win, then Diablo 3 is the game for you. If you want a game that is fun, has a good story, Interactive and interesting gameplay, Multiplayer with PVP. Then look to any other game, none of those will be found here.
  4. Jul 2, 2012
    Waste of money. The game is absolutely uninspiring after you reach lvl 60, its just one huge grindfest with no purpose, no variation or anything else, This game is one giant mistake, not something you would expect from Blizzard. Way under usual Blizzard-quality.
  5. Jul 1, 2012
    I anticipated Diablo III for about a year expecting a really fun MMORPG, by the time the Beta released I was a bit disappointed after realizing the game would only allow four players in a party. But whatever, it could still be cool, and what are the odds that all my friends will buy this game and all be online at the same time.

I got the game at its midnight release, and for the

I got the game at its midnight release, and for the following week I honestly had a good amount of fun, spending several hours every day on the game and leveling my character. But after reaching Inferno mode, and really, mid way through Hell mode. I realized this game is almost completely pointless. Whether or not you defeat Inferno mode (I have not). Getting there becomes nothing more than an armor check and to get all the gold to get the necessary armor is just repetitive runs through one of the only four acts in the story.

Choosing different character types doesn't add much to replay value because ultimately you'll just be using the moves and buffs that allow for the most DPS or armor. There's no personalization or real thinking involved in the game. There's not much to do for fun, you don't select the moves you think are cool, it all becomes simple computations of how to do more damage and better withstand the enemies which later on in the game can almost always one-shot you. It's completely ridiculous, and there's only one minigame in the entire thing that gives you a break from the monotony (which does become repetitive and boring itself soon enough) called "Auction House"...and that game is only fun for the first few times you try it too.

I'd be lying if I said I never enjoyed this game, I really liked it for the first 40 or so hours, but after realizing what this game was really like, it's in NO way worth $60, hardly worth $6. The only fun you will have is playing with your friends, but that's a reflection of the good choices you've made with your friends and not the terrible choice you made in game purchases.
  6. Jul 1, 2012
    Ok, I am rewriting this review because after getting near the end of the game in Nightmare mode the game have become brutally unplayable. Monsters are placed right near spawn areas, much of the time elites, and if you die then that game is pretty much over. Cheating one shot kills the second you spawn in befor e you can even get one click off is NOT fun. When I exit the game and comeOk, I am rewriting this review because after getting near the end of the game in Nightmare mode the game have become brutally unplayable. Monsters are placed right near spawn areas, much of the time elites, and if you die then that game is pretty much over. Cheating one shot kills the second you spawn in befor e you can even get one click off is NOT fun. When I exit the game and come back in they are still waiting there for me and I am dead before the game is finished loading. It is an eternal loop of login/respawn and die. Expand
  7. Jul 1, 2012
    I'm not going into great detail about why I don't like this game because its all been said. But having to log in to play is just sad. I don't know what Blizzard was thinking. This game should not be mentioned in the same breath as Diablo 1 & 2
  8. Jul 1, 2012
    I am very dissappointed from what i've expected Blizzard, one of the richest if not THE richest game company, will deliver to me. But I bought a very expensive game that got a REALLY SHORT STORY. The action house destroyed the collecting experience which was one of the most important parts of the Diablo series.
  9. Jul 1, 2012
    It was fun for the first few weeks but just kinda lost interest, gfx are meh, story is predictable, the must have a Internet connection is a pain in the ass.
  10. Jun 30, 2012
    I've been holding off my review till I got to Act 2 in Inferno as I felt making a judgement before that point would be rushed and "unfair'.

Difficulty-wise the curve is unreal. Normal is much too easy, Nightmare is slightly harder, Hell gets difficult around Act 3, and then Inferno is just a giant brick wall of pain. This may sound good to you, but it really isn't. The ridiculous

The ridiculous amount of stats that can be rolled on items and the fact that even legendaries (while being worse than rares) also have many randomly rolled stats (not just random ranges, completely random stat assignments) makes for a very disjointed experience. I found myself using less and less of the drops I was getting and selling more and more of them the further I went in the game.

My first introduction into Inferno was endless pain and it has never stopped. I had to immediately stop playing my Monk the way I wanted to and build completely defensive just to even stand a chance. Even with 60% damage reduction I was getting killed in 3 and 4 hits by some elite packs so I had to go even further. With my reduction up to 75% and my resistances all at 40% or higher I was finally able to clear Inferno Act 1. Taking my triumph in stride I rolled into Act 2 and was greeted with another mindless gear check stream of deaths.

In order to pass Act 1 Inferno I was also forced to use the Auction house system. While a neat sounding idea on the surface, the actual inclusion of the auction house is the single worst thing they have done to the Diablo franchise. The bots and farmers have already made prices on generic items so low that it is incredibly difficult to sell anything you find for a decent profit while at the same time they all have so much gold lying around that the truly good items are 10's of millions of gold each for single items. The prices are just ludicrous and this is after Blizzard's banning of "thousands of botting/cheating accounts."

All in all this game is in a sad state and it would need vast changes to become a fun game again. The designers don't seem to understand that we don't all want to play the game their way and that what they consider fun isn't necessarily what the rest of us consider fun. And instead of making experimentation and differences the norm, they force everyone into a singular playstyle in order to progress.

So ultimately if you like min/maxing, farming hours on hours for gold in order to buy the perfectly rolled item to make you kill things 0.1% faster then this game is for you. If you like fun, look elsewhere.
  11. Jun 30, 2012
    Blizzard Empire have just entered its recession period.
    Diablo 3 alienated me, a loong time fan( going back to the days of Lost Vikings), from Blizzard. I, and many people anxiously waited for the outcome when Activision bought Blizzard, and our worst fears came true.
    Blizzard Empire have just entered its recession period.
    Diablo 3 is simply not fun. Now the fun aspect of games can differ for every gamer, but some core elements are just not there. Online connection requirement for single player... Story? Lamest so far. Granted Blizzard's strongest point have never been exceptional and unique story telling( in terms of originality and creativity ) but I was content thus far. Not anymore. Visuals? Not half bad, though one expected the game to run smoothly on low-end computers, given the toonish visuals and isometric engine, this is not the case. Audio? Disappointment. Compared to Diablo 2( and Diablo 1), music is BAD, it fails to stir emotions, simple as that. As is voice acting. I remember marveling at Kashya's voice, Malah's feeble sounds, good old Ormus and many others. In Diablo 3, I only took a liking to the voice acting of Covetus Shen and Kormac( he's overdone a little though ). Game immersion fails so bad, it isn't even funny. People expected this, as it had been known that the grim and gothic world of Diablo1 & 2 were gone, and it's still a shock to many( including myself ). Not just talking about the graphics, everything is off. Arrogant heroes replaced desperate but determined heroes( "Belial shall tremble before me!" "I will make the prime evils pay!" etc etc), Azmodan is a miserable clown( I never got the feeling he was some mean lesser evil ), excessively retarded animations to make bosses look cool( butcher's roar? I mean, who's he trying to impress? ), and many other elements. The feeling is not there. Characters/Customization? Customization level: NONE. there's no skill distribution, no stat points. Instead you unlock abilities and their effects as you progress, so everyone can use everything. Take out equipment from characters, they're all identical. The feeling of distinctness is gone. And from the given skills, there are only a couple worth using, so you'll end up using the few viable skills( particularly in inferno difficulty ) Skill animations are good but overdone, even monk's hand to hand attacks have that ridiculous animation that makes it look like it belongs to the latest street fighter game. Random content? Almost none, it's a shameless lie that dungeons are randomly generated. %80 of the content is the same. PvP? None as of yet. Gameplay/mechanics? Dumbed down is the perfect definition. There is no skill damage, but all skills use your weapon damage instead. 4 difficulty levels, normal is simply a joke, inferno is too tough to beat( which you'll never manage if you don't use soon to be mentioned RMAH ). Maximum number of party members is 4. No point playing multiplayer( except if you want to play it with friends ). Social grouping is non existent. You can't choose games to join, bnet chooses for you. Unique items are crap, no runewords, flawed crafting, dumb attributes, even dumber repair costs( will suck you dry ), insane elite/champion packs and many many more.

There are many other things that hurt the game but the MOST damaging one is the RMAH( Real Money Auction House ) where you'll end up selling/buying items via real currency and blizzard cuts its "share" This in my opinion is the greatest insult to the long time fans. Inferno difficulty is designed with RMAH on mind, so if you're not buying from there you'll be going nowhere past hell difficulty. The items you farm in hell are simply useless if you want to survive in inferno. This is called pay to win. If you fill the coffers of Blizzard more, you get to finish inferno, if not, sorry, you can fool around in hell. I can't imagine a greater offense to dedicated players( who don't want to spend additional money, I mean why should they? They already paid 60 bucks ), this is where the influence of Activision poisoned Blizzard. Kotick did it again. It's not about fun anymore, it's about $$$. Diablo 3 is a turning point for gamers, I feel sad for us all. If I get to see the demise of Activision, I'll throw a party to celebrate, and maybe drink one or two in remembrance for Blizzard North, the company that I actually miss.
    Do not buy this game, it's simply not worth it.
  12. Jun 30, 2012
    This was fun while you played it... but for a diablo game, which always used to have an unlimited amount of replay ability, this has none. You level up, struggle a bit to get gear until you realize that there isn't any incentive to play anymore. Jay Wilson tried to make it too "original" instead of keeping the tried and tested elements that Diablo had, and STILL worked when D2 came out.This was fun while you played it... but for a diablo game, which always used to have an unlimited amount of replay ability, this has none. You level up, struggle a bit to get gear until you realize that there isn't any incentive to play anymore. Jay Wilson tried to make it too "original" instead of keeping the tried and tested elements that Diablo had, and STILL worked when D2 came out. An extreme leveling grind, easy farm able gear from anywhere in the game.... there was no reason to remove these elements, and it is evident that they did not work. The attitude the game developers have towards the subject, and I quote from their videos "Sometimes gamers tell us what they want, but we know better", an arrogant statement, that proved 100% false. Good work on killing a classic, and my favorite game series of all time. I hope it is fixed in the future so I feel like I can play again. Expand
  13. Jun 30, 2012
    As people have said before; a huge disappointment, literally the only improvement on Diablo 2 is that you can now pick up gold by simply running over it. Play a ranged class? You won't even get hit by an enemy until act 2, won't use a potion 'til nightmare. The rag doll effects are nice but the graphics feel worse, however it's taken 10 years to make this game. It probably would haveAs people have said before; a huge disappointment, literally the only improvement on Diablo 2 is that you can now pick up gold by simply running over it. Play a ranged class? You won't even get hit by an enemy until act 2, won't use a potion 'til nightmare. The rag doll effects are nice but the graphics feel worse, however it's taken 10 years to make this game. It probably would have been less misleading to release this as a spin-off from Diablo; monsters die ridiculously easy, but the pace is interrupted by boss fights that can 1 shot you when you get to higher difficulties. Strongly advise playing with a group of friends until nightmare, the regressive party mechanic which increases monster health significantly, (but not loot or xp) would probably make it a bit more enjoyable by making it at least a game you have to play with half an eye open.
    Referencing to a previous game too much is bad however, so I will say that on its own "merits", it is overpriced; i've purchased better games 9 times cheaper, each class can respec for free wherever they are, meaning everyone is running around with the same spells. I don't see a problem with the auction house, don't use it except for selling if you think it is cheating.

In summary, don't touch if you liked Diablo 2 but it can be fun at points, which is why I have given it a 3, but it is really not a game for PC users. I like console games, HATE (future) console ports. Blizzard really dropped the ball on this one, which doesn't bold well for their (shaky) future.
  14. Jun 30, 2012
    D3 is a fail. That's it. Playing D2 was a charm, but when you play D3 you can't throw away a strong feeling that it's just a brand exploiting for bringing more money and have nothing in common with a game and pleasure at all. Always online DRM, pay your money and play as we say you to play or get banned with no comments, servers are down
  15. Jun 29, 2012
    Very fun and entertaining game, until you reach inferno difficulty that is. Everything at that point seems to fall out of place and this is where the true nature of the game you bought will reveal itself: that of a buggy, broken, boring, unrewarding and grindy game, not entirely unlike some of the worst free-to-play games out there. Except you paid for this one.
  16. Jun 29, 2012
    Blizzard should have stuck with Blizzard North. Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the original first two games (and extra expansion) of this series. After completing the game on inferno there's nothing else to do, no re-playability it's insanely boring to farm compared to the first two games. The itemization is so linear, just like WoW, you can't get through act 1 inferno without struggling notBlizzard should have stuck with Blizzard North. Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the original first two games (and extra expansion) of this series. After completing the game on inferno there's nothing else to do, no re-playability it's insanely boring to farm compared to the first two games. The itemization is so linear, just like WoW, you can't get through act 1 inferno without struggling not having a high end weapon from the end-game. I'm not saying the game is too hard, but the game all depends on the elites that are so unbalanced that it makes the whole game boring to play and you only rely on kiting. The boss fights are great, really fun but after playing it a couple times you just know the rotation of the attacks and again it gets boring.

I've never waited for a game so much in my life, this is really the worst game by Blizzard so far. This game relies way too much on World of Warcraft and not on the actual series. I'm not even gonna start with the auction house where I somehow lost items like a stormshield and never retrieved it because it was lost in the nether and admins couldn't do anything.

I rate this a 0, I'm entirely serious about this score, the game is trash, not fun to play, you can't skip quests, the story is pushed in the gameplay ruining it and it looks like they made everything for mentally disabled players, you can't discover anything by yourself without having something popping up to ruin everything (act 3, Azmodan telling you every single thing that's happening at no particular important moment).

One thing that really bothers me, the wizard teleport, 3 out of 4 times it's gonna glitch on the ground, but worst, there's a cool down on it, so if you use it and it somehow doesn't work you're dead.
  17. Jun 28, 2012
    Game is absolute trash that boils down to an extremely shoddy product with so many flaws and problems its just not worth playing it. Every single aspect is utter **** Name anything aspect of gaming that is bad and Diablo 3 has it. The whole game is a waste of time faceroll easy until act 2 inferno where they try to force everyone to go to RMAH so blizzard can make money. Its not a matterGame is absolute trash that boils down to an extremely shoddy product with so many flaws and problems its just not worth playing it. Every single aspect is utter **** Name anything aspect of gaming that is bad and Diablo 3 has it. The whole game is a waste of time faceroll easy until act 2 inferno where they try to force everyone to go to RMAH so blizzard can make money. Its not a matter of gaming skill, its just literally goes from something a retarded monkey could do to something that 99% of the gaming population can't. Im in the 1% and I made profit off this game but it doesnt mean the game isn't trash not worthy of what Blizzard was. Also if you post anything that isnt positive about Diablo 3 they ban your account from their forums, I thought only EA did that!

Blizzard is becoming EA... I hope my starcraft is safe...

DO NOT BUY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
  18. Jun 28, 2012
    Diablo was always about finding that new item that was better then your last and countless runs to perfect your gear. So to my dismay when i heard they were adding an Auction House (AH) I was like well that could work but surely i can find new items that are better as i go. That was the case up to about level 25. After then its not oh what will drop next for me. Instead it became what willDiablo was always about finding that new item that was better then your last and countless runs to perfect your gear. So to my dismay when i heard they were adding an Auction House (AH) I was like well that could work but surely i can find new items that are better as i go. That was the case up to about level 25. After then its not oh what will drop next for me. Instead it became what will drop next i can sell it on the AH so i can try and afford a new item myself. Diablo then became a game that was about the AH and not finding the next best item. So now you have to worry about over inflation of gold and as time goes on there will be no limit to how high things will cost and what changes will be made due to the constant patching Blizzard now does.

All these changes to skill and how stats effect your characters and this is before PvP is even released. Blizzard focused too much on cashing in and not enough on gameplay and customer experience. I played through to inferno act 3 then realized what a complete waste of time it was. I have since moved on. This is clearly just my opinion and a warning to those of like mind.
  19. Jun 28, 2012
    I am a Blizzard fanboy, I buy whatever they made ever since Warcraft II. I was so eager for this title, awaiting it's darkness, it's evil undertones, it's epicness....I have met a wall. I did not find this in Diablo 3, actually I found a PRODUCT instead of an adventure. Blizzard has yet again made a game that it's HYPE outshines anything else. I actually enjoy D2 much more than D3 now thatI am a Blizzard fanboy, I buy whatever they made ever since Warcraft II. I was so eager for this title, awaiting it's darkness, it's evil undertones, it's epicness....I have met a wall. I did not find this in Diablo 3, actually I found a PRODUCT instead of an adventure. Blizzard has yet again made a game that it's HYPE outshines anything else. I actually enjoy D2 much more than D3 now that I have been camping inferno. There is nothing I enjoy in blizzards games anymore. I was disappointed in WoW Burning Crusade, Lich King, and now Cata. SC2 delivered with a fair game, fun pvp. D3 is now the nail in the coffin. I no longer will await anything from Blizzard. The games are just not fun anymore, they have been coporatized into a product for me to purchase instead of the drug i needed. Good luck in your future blizzard, and seriously consider taking a look at what D&D wizard is doing for the NEXT version. Notice how they are starting in a good direction. Take note, Expand
  20. Jun 28, 2012
    Très beau graphisme, digne d'un blizzard. Gameplay interessant bien que plus simpliste par rapport à ces predécesseurs. Encore beaucoup d'incompréhension, notamment les "élites" parfois intuables. Malheureusement le manque d'effort et de transparence de l'éditeur vis à vis des joueurs est plus qu'inconcevable. L'hvar (hotel des ventesTrès beau graphisme, digne d'un blizzard. Gameplay interessant bien que plus simpliste par rapport à ces predécesseurs. Encore beaucoup d'incompréhension, notamment les "élites" parfois intuables. Malheureusement le manque d'effort et de transparence de l'éditeur vis à vis des joueurs est plus qu'inconcevable. L'hvar (hotel des ventes argent réel) vas à l'encontre du réel plaisir de jouer et le bénéfice que l'éditeur en tire me laisse perplexe, surtout après avoir "subis" plusieurs modifications (mise à jour) importantes.
    Connaissant (maintenant) la politique employé par ce genre d'éditeur (Blizzard/Activision, ubisoft, EA ..), je ne peux que me résigner à arreter de jouer.
    Très deçu par ce jeux si attendu, qui pour moi n'est qu'un casino dissimulé pour joueurs crédules, je lui inflige la note de 1.
  21. Jun 28, 2012
    They completely screwed up the loot system to promote the auction house. Inferno's difficulty curve is too steep, yet the loot rewards aren't exciting AT ALL, you just hope you get an item with good rolls, sell it on the auction house to buy stuff on it. And Diablo is all about the loot, it's the reason why we run higher difficulties.
  22. Kah
    Jun 28, 2012
    The game's story is a joke. Uncharismatic characters, predictable bosses. Do not have an element of suspense as the previous ones. Blizzard promised too much with this game and failed.
    The company seemed much more concerned with the auction system than with the game.
  23. Jun 28, 2012
    I am a big fan of the Diablo series, i still have the original Diablo Boxed version with 3.5" floppy disks,
    i was keen to give this a try. Imagine my disappointment when i realised it was a Digital rights management (DRM) game. Yet another favorite series ruined by DRM just like Silent Hunter V which has now been patched so that you don't have to be online btw, all too late however as the game is now available in most stores for a fraction of its original price. Blizzard and all developers take head, we the users do not want DRM and if you persist i'm sure many of you will be able to discuss the matter with us in the dole queue.
  24. Jun 27, 2012
    Gameplay wise, it seems like a step down from Diablo 2. The early game is fun for a while. I liked the colorful and painterly graphics and thought the art was the best part of the game. However, I've played $5 iPod games with more depth than Diablo 3's endgame which consists just of grinding for gold so you can purchase incrementally better items off the Auction House. High frequency ofGameplay wise, it seems like a step down from Diablo 2. The early game is fun for a while. I liked the colorful and painterly graphics and thought the art was the best part of the game. However, I've played $5 iPod games with more depth than Diablo 3's endgame which consists just of grinding for gold so you can purchase incrementally better items off the Auction House. High frequency of breaking changes in the patches coming from Blizzard indicates they didn't have time to adequately design the gameplay. High cost in order to purchase a "license" to play the game and no way to back up your characters offline. As there is not much variety in the multiple playthroughs due to the lack of procedural dungeons and the game is missing prominent features from the last one like PvP and crafting, it's not clear what they expect you to do when your character is fully geared up. From an objective standpoint it really doesn't seem remotely related to the last 2 games and it really feels like Activision/Blizzard preying on a loyal fanbase with an unfinished and cynical cash grab. Expand
  25. Jun 27, 2012
    $60 for the game... man, my wish for this year xmas would be to get a refund for it... lol, jk
    If you were a Diablo 1/2 fan, and loved all the rises and falls of Diablo... Diablo 3 is probably not for you... Do not expect Diablo 3 to be the same as Diablo 1/2... the only similiarity I found between D3 and D2 was that I had to click with a mouse to move around (obviously Im omiting quite a lot. For that, my apologies to you diehard Diablo fans out there)...
    If you haven't played Diablo series before and just wanted to check out what all the fuse was about... well, if you could endure the connection issues... and also feel like over spending on a game... go for it.
  26. Jun 27, 2012
    I've played about 100 hours of this game. I really tried my hardest not to quit before that, but the further I got the more I missed D2:LoD. There was a lot of opportunity for a good plot, amazing gameplay, unique itemization and character building, but it was lost on the developer team somewhere.

The youtube videos from 2008 have more content that the current game for some reason. It was a great game for a while, but as something I expected to play all summer and having the Diablo namesake, it failed miserably. I would consider this a pretty decent game for $20 on steam, but not for $60. It's not a spiritual successor to D2 nor is it even related imho.

For just one example of these issues with D3 comparable to D2 and other games check out this link:

PS. I'm "the johnny" and I do play Ori... lawlz
  27. Jun 27, 2012
    Very boring and repetitive game. I doubt Blizzard will fix this.. Don't get it.. you have been warned.. Game play is good though so I give a 3 but still it's not worth 60.
  28. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is just awful. Oh wait, truth is, it isn't even a game. Instead it's a 60 dollar economy simulation with some kind of interactive screensaver. Playing the game really doesn't make any sense (more so after the last patch which rised repair costs by a huge amount). Because good ite,s only drop in regions where you will die (and die a lot). So instead save you gold and camp the ahThis game is just awful. Oh wait, truth is, it isn't even a game. Instead it's a 60 dollar economy simulation with some kind of interactive screensaver. Playing the game really doesn't make any sense (more so after the last patch which rised repair costs by a huge amount). Because good ite,s only drop in regions where you will die (and die a lot). So instead save you gold and camp the ah or load a few bugs to your bnet account and camp the rmah instead. Time is surely better invested. Or simply don#t buy this "game" :) Expand
  29. Jun 27, 2012
    Gameplay is OK up until the last level of difficulty, and then Inferno mode is ridiculously difficult. So difficult in fact it is no fun at all, more of like banging your head against a brick wall hoping the wall will break first. Most people who like this game have not reached the final content where the developers state there are 'diminishing returns' which is their way of saying "YouGameplay is OK up until the last level of difficulty, and then Inferno mode is ridiculously difficult. So difficult in fact it is no fun at all, more of like banging your head against a brick wall hoping the wall will break first. Most people who like this game have not reached the final content where the developers state there are 'diminishing returns' which is their way of saying "You won't get almost anything out of it...but keep playing and/or buy stuff from our CASH auction house if it bothers you"... For making this game a drawn out scam to get money from you in the final content, I award this game a 0. Expand
  30. Jun 27, 2012
    The randomised gameplay aspect is just a lie... Theo nly randomised things is fro example wagon switched places with a tree and occasionally popping up "random events", from a pool of like 2 per area. The rest is always same... From old Blizzard and for 60euros i expected to have many random events (come on, its not hard to script such events - players do it all the time in map editor ofThe randomised gameplay aspect is just a lie... Theo nly randomised things is fro example wagon switched places with a tree and occasionally popping up "random events", from a pool of like 2 per area. The rest is always same... From old Blizzard and for 60euros i expected to have many random events (come on, its not hard to script such events - players do it all the time in map editor of warcraft and starcraft games for free) in the pool and really randomly generated maps instead of what Actiblizzard gave us. Replayability is so utterly boring and repetetive that is a "no go".

Now the core: Actiblizzard made it the elite packs hunting. But what they gave us is hunting 4 irrelevant model of monsters with what really matters: totally random and not well thought-trough combinations of traits which are the thing you fight with... for melee characters you always see elite pack as a spinning lazers and for ranged you see them as mortar fireballs flying towards you - all the rest is irrelevant and that makes elite fights utterly boring retro arcade game.

On top of that you are bound to 2 very similiar combinations of one build that is the only way to challenge anything higher in difficulty than an actuall faceroll difficulty level for you AND build gets very boring. When you switch to anything else you wont be able to kill elite packs due to radiculous traits combinations.

Of course there is other way.... bring your credit card numbers (even tho you already paid 60euros).

In short:
    RMAH (real money acution house) is a fantastic feature, a great addition to any game, but sadly D3 was a low budget addon to the RMAH.
  31. Jun 27, 2012
    This is just to warn any new buyers about my experience in Daiblo 3. I have committed my time into this game and having 2 toons that are already at max level and in inferno. What frustrates me the most about this game is the developers and how they sit back behind their monitors just to laugh at us as they update the game with a patch that makes it harder for new players or casual players.This is just to warn any new buyers about my experience in Daiblo 3. I have committed my time into this game and having 2 toons that are already at max level and in inferno. What frustrates me the most about this game is the developers and how they sit back behind their monitors just to laugh at us as they update the game with a patch that makes it harder for new players or casual players. I will admit that inferno is very hard and normal difficulty mode is a joke, but this repetitive game only has 4 levels (acts) that you will constantly play trying to grind levels and gear up your toons until you reach inferno difficulty and realize that all the loot you have farmed up to that level is worthless and weak. Then you go to auction house and buy gear costing 10 to 100 times more in gold than the gold you have collected in game but instead you can buy the gold and equipment for your characters with real money that you worked for when Not playing the game. This is what D3 developers want, for you to commit your time and spend real money, not have any fun when you get to inferno because all you do is die if you are not geared well enough or set/unlock your skills in the option settings. It is very sad that the people buying their gold and gear are the ones better off since this is a very gear dependent game, yet they update the game by making you pay ridiculous amounts of gold in repairs when you die and lower the drop chances of good gear for your toons which drives prices in auction house up since the demand is GREATER than supply Expand
  32. Jun 27, 2012
    Welcome to the future gaming. A real money item shop in the game for 60$, with a feeble diablo-clone attached to it and sweet-fap-advertisements (reviews). An always online single player mode, with queues to play the single player mode.
  33. Jun 27, 2012
    I played for about 100 hours on my main character and about 20 hours on the rest of my characters. Unfortunately, as is the standard with Blizzard games, you need to put this amount of time into the game in order to see anything relevant to the actual game. At about Act 4 Hell I discovered that the balance of the game is worked around the Real Money Auction House (RMAH). The reason this isI played for about 100 hours on my main character and about 20 hours on the rest of my characters. Unfortunately, as is the standard with Blizzard games, you need to put this amount of time into the game in order to see anything relevant to the actual game. At about Act 4 Hell I discovered that the balance of the game is worked around the Real Money Auction House (RMAH). The reason this is an issue is because pieces of gear are sold for around 100k minimum yet it takes around 2 hours to farm that amount prior to level 60. At 60, the rates increase a bit, but not enough to carry you to gear that will allow progression through Inferno; this gear is sold upwards of 300k gold each piece. All of this would be moot, except that as many others have also noted, the itemization is abysmal. I understand that not every piece is going to be usable, but over the course of 60 levels I managed to find only 2 or 3 pieces of relevant "rare" gear. This means that you end up playing a Chinese Gold Farming Simulator or opting into the Pay 2 Win (p2w) model. The story is definitely not worth playing for. However, the one saving grace for the game is Covetous Shen. Absolute gold. At least I was lucky enough to never have any connection issues like other players. Happy I got my refund though, as they (developers) severely broke the game. Expect D2 and be incredibly disappointed. Expand
  34. Jun 27, 2012
    Diablo 3 is just a way to force you to use your real money in order to finish game, like the fremium games out there, with the difference it wasn't free. Add the fact servers go down very often and you find yourself logged out loosing items and buffs. Blizzard this time made a big flop. You're forced to use a constant Internet connection, even if the nature of this game wouldn't need.
    I
    I waited for Diablo 3 for years, now I'd like it was never released, because it's an ugly, farming game. :(
  35. Jun 27, 2012
    I bought the game and at first it was great. Then the RMAH came out. Prices skyrocket in the gold auction house from a few million gold for a real good item to billions for decent stuff. So we started killing a lot of stuff to get gold. A couple of patches later, the gold we get is reduced and the item drops were reduced as well. Repair costs have been multiplied until you actually loseI bought the game and at first it was great. Then the RMAH came out. Prices skyrocket in the gold auction house from a few million gold for a real good item to billions for decent stuff. So we started killing a lot of stuff to get gold. A couple of patches later, the gold we get is reduced and the item drops were reduced as well. Repair costs have been multiplied until you actually lose money if you push yourself too hard for progression. Blizzard has quietly removed any way of making or finding a decent amount of items on your own, but you can go to the auction house and all the gear you need to progress is in there at $250 per piece.

When we go to complain, we are told to be thankful by representatives of Blizzard. If I were you, don't buy this game. Or any other Blizzard product.
  36. Jun 27, 2012
    Crappy story , WoW-ish graphics , and awful itemization .. The game is dumbed down .Almost all choice posibilities are taken from the players .. There is no build diversity in inferno .. Only 2 or 3 builds remain viable .. The game is too auction house centric .. All in the name of greed ..
  37. Jun 26, 2012
    If you want +ITEMS +BUILDS, +CUSTOMIZATION, +FREEDOM, +NON-LINEAR GAME PLAY .....AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....if you want to sink in hours upon hours into your character and slowly progress to becoming GODLIKE, you won't be able to do it in this game. 1. Because they will RETROACTIVELY NERF the **** out of your gear. 2. You cannot actually find any gear yourself, you grind for gold.If you want +ITEMS +BUILDS, +CUSTOMIZATION, +FREEDOM, +NON-LINEAR GAME PLAY .....AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....if you want to sink in hours upon hours into your character and slowly progress to becoming GODLIKE, you won't be able to do it in this game. 1. Because they will RETROACTIVELY NERF the **** out of your gear. 2. You cannot actually find any gear yourself, you grind for gold.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Take a moment to let that sink in. THEY RETROACTIVELY NERF GEAR YOU ALREADY HAVE!! This is **** Why play the **** game? They have no qualms about **** MILLIONS of players in the ass....by nerfing the gear they already found or worse.....bought for real money. This game is tedium, not fun. You grind for gold, and buy items that others found. A limited amount of trading is healthy and fun. This game is 99% gold grind, and you will NEVER find items that you can actually use.
  38. Jun 26, 2012
    So many people have already expressed how I view this game that any web search will bring up a plethora of sites and commentary to illustrate my negative view on the game.

My history: - I'm a 37 yr old father of four. - I've played the Diablo franchise since it was first released in 1996. - I avidly followed the development of this game since it was announced in 2008. - I was a

My history:

- I'm a 37 yr old father of four.
    - I've played the Diablo franchise since it was first released in 1996.
    - I was a Beta tester, albeit I got in late on the beta testing due to the lottery system that was in place.
    - I have been playing Diablo 3 since it went live 5-15-12.
    - I have over 400 hours on D3 since beta.
    - I am in school currently for software development- gaming software.

I have tried, over and over again, to get past the inherent flaws of the game and have voiced my observations and opinions on the Battle.net forums to no end. I have also went out of my way to play this game despite the issues in the hopes Blizzard would take the necessary steps to fix the game. No such fix has come, and it has become apparent that Blizzard isn't looking to change at all, but to keep the platform as it stands and do little, if anything, about the problems the game has.

Like I have stated, many others have articulated my perspective on the game to such an extent that anything I say will become lost in the chorus of outcry. I can't express how much disappointment I feel when I think about what was Diablo 3 in development and what Diablo 3 is currently.

If you are considering buying Diablo 3, please reconsider. The game is not what is/was advertised and, even though you may find some enjoyment early on, it will quickly dissipate and you will regret your purchase.
  39. Jun 26, 2012
    Maybe after Diablo 2 we expected quiete too much, but even without D3 would be nothing special. Why did D2 had a large community of active players ? Right, because it was close to perfection.
    Why it was decided to change the gameplay nearly from scratch is beyond my imagination... all they had to do was to polish graphics, add a new story and thats it.
    Instead, they kept the worst things
    Instead, they kept the worst things (harcore-mode was complained more than once about... why not giving 3 lives to the char to compensate the occasional "connection-lost" with mabye 1 extra live once for each difficulty level finished ?), removed to best (characters, that were really different to play, but all with their respective strenght... now sorcerer and demon hunter nearly feel the same, as do barbarian and monk) , added more annoyances (how can sometimes champions be more dangerous than the according boss of the act?).
    Though, the worst thing... building your char is now only a matter of time. Even the most stupid player will soon reach the level cap of 60, for there are nor more penalties for dying. And with time (or simply with money) he will also get a good gear... Great idea, no need for intelligence, self-control or caution anymore.
    In a nutshell, D3 is a disgrace to the Diablo-series, an insult to serious gamers and the worst Blizzard game ever.
  40. Jun 26, 2012
    This game is a real insult to the Diablo's saga. Full of bugs. No fun. It only turns around the real money auctioneer house. We are watching the fall of Blizzard.
  41. Jun 26, 2012
    I have rated this game 1 out of 10, for the great music and sound effects, otherwise it would have been a BIG FAT 0. People would have thought: "if you really dont like this game why dont you just uninstall it and leave it.". Well, I feel so cheated out of my hard earned money to pay for such an unfinished game that I actually register with this site JUST TO VOICE MY DISAPPOINTMENT. NeverI have rated this game 1 out of 10, for the great music and sound effects, otherwise it would have been a BIG FAT 0. People would have thought: "if you really dont like this game why dont you just uninstall it and leave it.". Well, I feel so cheated out of my hard earned money to pay for such an unfinished game that I actually register with this site JUST TO VOICE MY DISAPPOINTMENT. Never ever in my 20+ gaming life that I have played such a crappy game: game is short, story is short and cheesy and childish, drops rates are crap (99.99% of the drops are NOT for your class, when its ur class equip it would not have ur class stat on it ie: str in a wiz gear), Arpg and the little action that we had was nerfed to the ground, 3 times for the pass 4 weeks since it went live, a general rule of the updates is that if they are seeing people having fun in game, chances are it will be nerfed in the following patch update. Final word of advice, if you consider yourself as a person that enjoys a quality game, dont waste your time and money on this piece of junk. At least not at its current state. Expand
  42. Jun 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. (SPANISH)
    El juego carece de imaginación es demasiado lineal y predecible. El modo de juego normal se completa apenas en unas horas sin la mayor dificultad dando paso a los siguientes modos de juego como Pesadilla en lo que encontraras que es exactamente lo mismo que el anterior modo, convirtiendo el juego en una experiencia de lo mas monotona. El artesano y El Herrero son personajes dentro del juego completamente inutiles ya que se puede comprar joyas y armaduras muy superiores en la Subasta con poco oro o bien con un porcentaje de inversión por mucho menos de lo que costaría subir de nivel a dichos personajes. Los servidores continuamente generan fallos y desconectes.
  43. Jun 26, 2012
    User score on this site is getting lower and lower. To be honest, Diablo 3 deserve that low score. Come to think of it, it has been 5 weeks since diablo 3 was released and their server fixing arent finished yet. I hope that blizzard company will simply rot.
  44. Jun 26, 2012
    I expected a more complex game-play with far more skills, specialization and demand on the player. The game is dumbed down, compared to the added complexity from Diablo I ot Diablo II. Disappointed.
  45. Jun 25, 2012
    This Game is the End of Blizzard as we once knew them, Diablo 3 is a Bad game If you need PROOF just vista the Official Forum for Diablo 3 HERE ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/ )

After Patch 1.0.3 They have Removed the last bit of Fun that was in the Game, They have Nerfed the amount of Gold that drops and up the cost of Repairs so much people can not even afford to Repair in game.

Getting ready to Sell Gold for real money in Blizzards New Real money Auction house they did this on purpose.

Please visit the forums and read for yourself this game is not even worth a RENT.

46. Jun 25, 2012
    Could have been great... but... the lag even when playing single player just ruins the experience. The lag is hit and miss, comes and goes at random. Nothing like getting killed by lag, and the annoying rubber-band slingshot effect. Blizz seems determined to blame the community rather than their servers. I play a lot of online games, from WOW to TF2 and hardly ever have any lag on my 25Could have been great... but... the lag even when playing single player just ruins the experience. The lag is hit and miss, comes and goes at random. Nothing like getting killed by lag, and the annoying rubber-band slingshot effect. Blizz seems determined to blame the community rather than their servers. I play a lot of online games, from WOW to TF2 and hardly ever have any lag on my 25 meg connection... but in Diablo 3 it is just a frustrating fact that you have to endure. Without the lag I would give the game a solid 8, but with the lag... a 3 at best. Diablo 3 will be the last Blizz game I ever purchase. I have been a loyal customer since Warcraft 2 and have spent hundreds of dollars on their games. Too bad... their loss. Expand
  47. Jun 25, 2012
    I have never logged on to anything and gave a review for any purchase, but i felt that for this game here i had to. i made this account just now to say this....
    this game makes me sad. i had no idea that they would make $60 game that most people knew was going to sell several millions of copies, into another pay to win game like the ones you see on the internet. what happened to make a "good" product sell it and be done with it move on to next project.
    greed makes me sick ......oh yeah this game is bad btw ....there are still people saying the game is good but i think these people are the ones making money off it, by either shear luck or exploits like bot programs. they are trying to get people to buy gear to play the game. they get a dollar per sale and 15% whats left. sure those guys with bots farming 24/7 love this game and the handful of lucky people....gah im done. this is funny im am actually upset over a product..... if i would have known i would not have even thought about purchasing this game and holding out for a fix.... should have asked for a refund sooner.
  48. Jun 25, 2012
    Graphics are decent, but often don't fit into the universe. Partly extremely poor design like the Elf-Butterfly "demon" Magda, which completely kills any atmosphere in Act 1+2 of the game. It seems like the developers often did not know what they should be doing, and because of that insisted on some really bad ideas.
    The lack of any atmosphere, lack of customization because only 5% of the
    The lack of any atmosphere, lack of customization because only 5% of the available runes are any good, no pvp, poor balance in Inferno, extremly poor boss monster design, can't play offline are just the biggest errors.

Although the game plays fluent and is fun to play for the first hours, it gets overshadowed by it countless defects. If you are not sure if you want to buy it, wait until the expansion pack. Until than, blizzard will have fixed a lot of the problems, though not all can be fixed. It has the potential for an 7/10 or 8/10, but no more.

Not a worthy Diablo 2 successor, and already now the biggest disappointment in 2012. The first blizzard game that I regret to have bought. From now on I will think twice before a blizzard game.
  49. Jun 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are from Oceania, then you will get 2 second delay; Blizzard has made no secret (or effort) to aid, assist or communicate to players about the issues of the latency. There is no plans for an oceanic server at all, and with the trend the company is taking it will only get worse.

That is only part of the issue; I could go on about how poor the story line is, the lack of game play, how over 80% of the maps ARE NOT randomized; the elites are far to over powered in inferno, how 2/5 classes are almost unplayable in Inferno and how the others have about 6 viable builds each..

In General, this is the most dissapointing game I have anticipated in the last 10 years, I am finding it hard to compare it too anything, maybe not having Suikoden 6, but then again D3 just brings tears to my eyes. Another thing I have to say is that Blizzards lack of empathy and customer service is beyond disgusting; to the point where you ask yourself are they even trying to be professional, or just sweeping players under the carpet hoping that the addiction of gaming will keep them quiet...

Well in this case, the gamers have spoken loud, and in volume. Check out the PRO CRITICS, they are all bought off by Blizzard and probably do not even play the game beyond the first week. BUY THIS GAME AT YOUR OWN RISK - and if you want a reason to stop gaming RPGS and go back to study, training or another real life activity, then D3 can give you that incentive! I took up MMA and cant even bare to log onto my once prized Blizzard games
  50. Jun 24, 2012
    at first i was, YAY a D3 this rox and stuff but after a month of playing i'm looking for a better game? Something is not right and that something is the stupidest design of the game ever made this is not a ARPG it's a kill everything that moves, there are no skills there are no attribute points, they auto distributed, and there is no way you will have the time to get a good item in gameat first i was, YAY a D3 this rox and stuff but after a month of playing i'm looking for a better game? Something is not right and that something is the stupidest design of the game ever made this is not a ARPG it's a kill everything that moves, there are no skills there are no attribute points, they auto distributed, and there is no way you will have the time to get a good item in game without the use of the AH this game is a fail and i feel scammed by #1 company that i always trusted to bring me what i need.
    Well Blizz another customer left i hope you have fun with dump games.
  51. Jun 24, 2012
    10 years for this sh*t? No lan? Need connection internet everytime you want to play? Graphics sucks, PVP delayed, Too much OP champions and nerfing the wrong ones, a guy finished the game on 12 hours or less? WTF bro! dont buy it, wait till the game has a better price.
  52. Jun 24, 2012
    Horribly broken game past act 1 inferno the game becomes more and more broken. Being able to get stuck in a monsters "waller" ability, rubberbanding because of horrible server lag that most of the time costs you a lot of HP or a death. Repair bills from just fighting are almost 800% more than what they were before, horrible customer server when trying to submit bugs. (multiple ticketsHorribly broken game past act 1 inferno the game becomes more and more broken. Being able to get stuck in a monsters "waller" ability, rubberbanding because of horrible server lag that most of the time costs you a lot of HP or a death. Repair bills from just fighting are almost 800% more than what they were before, horrible customer server when trying to submit bugs. (multiple tickets closed without addressing issues) And broken boss battles where the mechanics were not fully tested out. After 13 or more years I am no longer a fan of Blizzard. Sad how the mighty have fallen. Expand
  53. Jun 24, 2012
    Disappointing. - No more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up. No diversity in skill builds. No runes, rune words or interesting gems. No interesting special stats or unique perks on items what so ever. No trading, instead you craft items and sell it on the AH and get 300 million gold to buy whatever you want(trueDisappointing. - No more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up. No diversity in skill builds. No runes, rune words or interesting gems. No interesting special stats or unique perks on items what so ever. No trading, instead you craft items and sell it on the AH and get 300 million gold to buy whatever you want(true story). No cool weapon elemental damage and effects. Items are uninteresting (dex,int,vit,str = fun?) with very few and equally boring set items. Legendary items are usually the worst items in the game. No pvp at all. No Charms. No cube recipes.Patches and the game in general is tailored to make the RMAH profitable for Blizzard and forces you to play the game a certain way. Like killing extremely annoying and boring "elite packs". Rage timers? 20 different health potions and you use one? Boring story. Questionable dialog. On the good side: +more inventory space. +No need to buy scrolls. +I can dye my armor pink. Expand
  54. Jun 24, 2012
    This is not Diablo! Theres no old atmosphere, unique atmosphere of Diablo world. Music is not even close to the previous games. Graphic is like in LoL. Poor RPG elements.

Big disappointment!
  55. Jun 24, 2012
    One of the most disappointing games of 2012. I was really looking forward to this game since I stopped playing Diablo 2 in 2004. I was in the beta and the first 15 levels up to skeleton king showed lots of promise. The graphics while not cutting edge are crisp, the environmental effects are done well, and the spell animations are great. Unfortunately what the beta did not test (and IOne of the most disappointing games of 2012. I was really looking forward to this game since I stopped playing Diablo 2 in 2004. I was in the beta and the first 15 levels up to skeleton king showed lots of promise. The graphics while not cutting edge are crisp, the environmental effects are done well, and the spell animations are great. Unfortunately what the beta did not test (and I really wish it did!) was the end game. There are tons of issues why Diablo 3 fails at this, but here most of them in list form: 1) Blizzard's decision to allow ultimate flexibility with skills/specs, but at the same time limiting spec changing is just poor design. There is nothing fun about feeling like you can spec in numerous ways to overcome unique challenges, and then have to maintain some stale spec for the majority of your level 60 experience. Don't get me started if you accidentally mouse click near your skills as you can drag the skills off and reset your buff that gives you extra chance at finding gear the more elites you kill (stacks up to 5). As a demon hunter there are very few viable builds that will allow reliable killing of elite packs -- which is really where the end game is. 2) This brings me to my next point, killing elite packs that sometimes have insane affixes is not fun. Invulnerable minions and some other combinations are near impossible. Sometimes these mobs are positioned in areas where you can't actually progress unless you lure them away into a corner after repeated deaths. Sometimes the best solution is restarting the game which in my mind shows that this is also pretty bad design. 3) Blizzard gives us mixed messages on item stats. At one point they want you to be able to kill things quickly (hence the enrage timers), but on the other hand you sometimes need ridiculous amounts of defense stats to withstand normal wear and tear of battle. Gear that has the ideal mix of defense/offense is like winning the lottery. 4) Essentially the worst part of Diablo 3 is the fact that despite how long you may farm inferno and I have for weeks, you really never get anything decent. The amount of crap loot I've got for doing the same thing over and over again in Act 3/4 on inferno is mesmerizing. Accumulating gold requires playing hell or Act I inferno (where the chance to get good items is 2% or less, so its just gold farming). Since when is gold farming good game design? 5) Lastly the fact the real money auction house is even available despite the fact that over 2-3 weeks of farming nearly nightly for 2-4 hours I did not receive one upgrade from my demon hunter (with my friend playing as well) makes me think Blizzard wants this game to make money for them rather than have any good design or enjoyment. Lastly, haphazard patches with very little communication of what's changing or stealth nerfs makes me think this game really isn't salvageable. Extremely disappointing game with what could have been huge potential. Expand
  56. Jun 24, 2012
    I have put about 80 hours in the wizard and have reached lvl 60. I am yet to be impressed.
    I had such high expectations for this game, and I have been let down.
    I kept playing I the hope that the game would get better, but sadly it did not. The game only get's marginally harder until "Inferno" which is the hardest Difficulty. which should be called Impossible. There are so many
    I had such high expectations for this game, and I have been let down.
    I kept playing I the hope that the game would get better, but sadly it did not.
    The game only get's marginally harder until "Inferno" which is the hardest Difficulty. which should be called Impossible. There are so many problems with D3, All the other USER reviews fully explain in detail.
    What Drives me crazy is all the Critic Reviews that seem to be paid advertising for blizzard.
    I wont pretend I know how to make a better game. In a word, "Rubbish"
  57. Jun 23, 2012
    Do you like fun?

If you answered yes to this question, stay far away from this game.

Visuals are solid, sound is solid. Dialogue and story are glue sniffing retarded.

The game has 0 replayability, boring monotonous gameplay and its endgame consists of being an unpaid item farmer.

Horrid game.
  58. Jun 23, 2012
    Absolutely disappointing and uninspired game which simply circles around a casino-system. Blizzard ransacks the chance for properly working game mechanics which would never disturb the always-online-"experience" in order to generate maximum revenues via the real money auction house.
  59. Jun 23, 2012
    This is a terrible game. I played Diablo 2 for a total of 5 years, and I was still playing it only months before Diablo 2 came out. That is a real game. This is a slot machine disguised as a game. The content is very little, they force you to play through it, and it's very annoying and restrictive. All the new patches Blizzard devised has made the game worse. They only want to maximiseThis is a terrible game. I played Diablo 2 for a total of 5 years, and I was still playing it only months before Diablo 2 came out. That is a real game. This is a slot machine disguised as a game. The content is very little, they force you to play through it, and it's very annoying and restrictive. All the new patches Blizzard devised has made the game worse. They only want to maximise their profits for the game, and this completely sucked all the life out of the game. You won't get any good or useful drops, you might as well just sign up to the lottery because the odds are more on your side. Instead you need to pay real life money to enjoy the game or farm gold for hundreds of thousands of hours doing the same 6 boring quests repeatedly. Expand
  60. Jun 23, 2012
    First off, Metacritic appears to be censoring bad reviews of this game. The User Score is likely much lower.

In a nutshell: If you enjoyed Diablo II, you will NOT enjoy Diablo III. I've spent 90 hours playing a Wizard. The first 20 hours were great fun, the past 70 were not! I would pay $20 for this game in the bargain bin, not the outrageous $60 that Blizzard is asking. The

In a nutshell: If you enjoyed Diablo II, you will NOT enjoy Diablo III.

The graphics suck. They are not much better than Diablo II, realeased over ten years ago. Think Torchlight with a lot less character and a lot higher GPU requirements. Think WoW style graphics and you have a good idea how awful this game looks.

The gameplay is simplistic. You die. You die, a lot. You die some more. You spend a all of your gold on repairs. Then you die some more and decide to quit the game. That's about all that happens after the first difficulty level.

If you plan on advancing, then you must use the auction house. It is impossible to solo this game. If you plan on reaching the highest difficulty level, Inferno, then you must also spend yet more money on the real money auction house (Blizzard takes a huge 30% cut of all purchases.)

There is no skill to this game. You do not spend skill points, or stat points, nor can you farm gear on your own. You must use the auction house. Well, I guess I shall end here, since metacritic refused to post my 5000 character critique... maybe this will actually be posted for a few seconds before Blizzard pays them to take it down.
  61. Jun 23, 2012
    I've played this stinker of a game for 90 hours. If you are reading this, do NOT buy this game AT ALL COSTS. It sucks, hardcore suckage, as in suck my dick suckage.

Buy Torchlight I, or II, or Titan Quest. You'll have a blast. You will NOT enjoy this awful game. I'll admit, I enjoyed the 20 hours that it took me to complete the single player game. The other 70 hours were an

I'll admit, I enjoyed the 20 hours that it took me to complete the single player game. The other 70 hours were an undending hell. In order to progress past "normal" difficulty you MUST use the the gold auction house.

In order to progress past "hell" difficulty, you MUST use the real money auction house and pay yet more money to Blizzard than the outrageously prohibitively $60 that these ^##%&(#@( already ask. (In case you are wondering, I'd pay $20 for this game in the bargain bin, it is NOT worth anything else.) Should you fail to heed this simple advice, you will spend entire weeks dying and not having fun.

Yes, that is right, the main theme of this game is death. All you will do is die. You will die not because you are a bad player, but because you do not have adequate gear. How do you get said gear? You do NOT play the game, you spend gold on the auction house, you spend yet more real money (than the outrageous $60 fee for such nonsense) on the real money auction house... a great deal of money. Then, maybe, you are capable of "playing" the game.

Should you ignore this advice and attempt to "play" the game like any normal PC game, you WILL fail. Death is extremely prohibitive. All of your gold will be spent on repair bills. The designers claim that you should be able to craft, in order to fill in missing gear slots. This is FALSE. You MUST use the AH, waste your gold, and you will not have enough to pay for the massive repair bills. If you die, under any circumstances, you FAIL.

Did I mention that this game requires a broadband internet connection to "play"? If not, bear that in mind. If you do have broadband internet, expect frequent delays and disconnections. You WILL DIE, regardless of your best efforts, simply because the Blizzard servers lag something awful.

DId I mention that the game is also terribly buggy? I play a 60 Wizard. Some of the most interesting skills that I have DO NOT WORK. This is unexcusable in game this mature and old.

Have fun playing the way that you are? Do not worry, Blizzard will patch the game soon to prevent you from having "fun". This is a concept unfamilair to these Zingy wannabes. As of patch 1.0,3 (yes, only 1.0,3 considering the replate flaws....), I lost 20% of my DPS from patch 1.0.2. There have also been many reports of Blizzard "hotfixing" the game to remove popular farming sites. After all, in order to succeed, you MUST spend 100's of hours farming (assuming you do not spend massive amounts of real life money on the real life money auction house to further this fiasco.)

Ugh, this awful metacritic text editor is not working correctly.... Anyways, I spent 100 days playing DIablo II. This Diablo sucks a lot. The graphics are also terrible. If anyone says anything good about this stinker, they're fans of farmville.... IF you like farmville, or dying, you'll like this terribad game.
  62. Jun 23, 2012
    Like all Die-hard Diablo fans, I had waited for some 9 years for the release of Diablo 3. To say Diablo 3 has been a great experience would simply be a lie. Just to play Diablo 3 was for me a big investment. I bought a new computer because my sweet computer wasn't fast enough nor did it have the proper graphics card to run Diablo. I bought the game, a New PC and a New Graphics Card just toLike all Die-hard Diablo fans, I had waited for some 9 years for the release of Diablo 3. To say Diablo 3 has been a great experience would simply be a lie. Just to play Diablo 3 was for me a big investment. I bought a new computer because my sweet computer wasn't fast enough nor did it have the proper graphics card to run Diablo. I bought the game, a New PC and a New Graphics Card just to play the game.

Blizzard claims to have spent 10 years creating this New Experience. The graphics are nothing special for the amount of power needed to run this game. The story is unbelievably short, basically because it totally lacks one. This game is not really worth the highend investment. It's a very short story with subpar graphics (since there was a 9 year wait). But the worst thing about Diablo 3 is that there really is no actual game for your purchase, You do get a real physical disc or digital copy of Diablo 3 but you need the Blizzard Server to play this game. If the Blizzard Server is down then you have no game to play. I loved Diablo 1 and 2. I wanted to love Diablo 3 but it's just not all it was hyped up to be. Save yourself some money, some time and lots of aggrivation and just pass this title over for something worth playing.
  63. Jun 23, 2012
    This is the kind of game which forces a player to play for hundreds upon hundreds of hours--only players are no longer 'playing'. All they are forced to do is 'farming'. This isn't the kind of 'farming' which rewards players for any certain amount of effort made. It is an activity that makes the player spend these hours only for a small chance of something coming their way that can thenThis is the kind of game which forces a player to play for hundreds upon hundreds of hours--only players are no longer 'playing'. All they are forced to do is 'farming'. This isn't the kind of 'farming' which rewards players for any certain amount of effort made. It is an activity that makes the player spend these hours only for a small chance of something coming their way that can then have a chance of having a percentage of progress. It forces this mindless grinding upon players, which only benefits the game's 'Real Money Auction House' system, from which Activision Blizzard is making a nice cut.

There is no single player mode, despite what is said. You must keep yourself online at all times, and that means under no circumstances that you could play on your own or have a 'LAN' party with only you and your friends.

The multiplayer mode is horrible. There is a limit of only 4 players per game total. Players suffer from a constant threat of having their accounts hacked, but they are forced to keep playing online because they cannot play offline. The online game play also suffers from a number of bugs, including but not limited to a bugged chat system, exploitable servers, and insecure online play.

The game itself, aside from the horrid farming forced upon players, has very little going for it. The controls are clunky and awkward, many times making the player's character do unintended things. There are several dozen implemented 'fixes' as Blizzard calls them, that are actually made to make the game more difficult in order to force the player to farm longer. There is almost no fun in this game, outside of the first play through, which lasts only about 6 or so hours.

The only alternative to farming for hundreds upon hundreds of hours is a single option that Blizzard would love for all players to take: paying real world money to win. That is, this game is made to force players to pay money to buy more items in order to progress. It is a slow choking that eventually will leave no players for this game at all.

TL;DR? This game is horrible and no one should pay more than 5 dollars for it.
  64. Jun 23, 2012
    The game itself is probably fine but the attitude that Blizzard is treating its community and their intention to drive everyone to use RMAH is outrage. 0/10
  65. Jun 23, 2012
    Catastrophic disaster. The story is bad, the graphics are obsolete, pay-to-win, takes no skill to actually play the game. And with the latest v1.0.3 they infinitely ruined the game; Repair bills are way too high which forces to grind endlessly. They also nerfed the drop rate of loot considerably so you are force to use the Real-Money Auction House
  66. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 proberly the worst hack and slash game ever created in history of gaming. Charecter customization has been dumbed down so much that every player is the same. The overall gameplay is boring and frustating as best. The game is designed so you have to pay real life money on there auction house to get gear. The days where you could kill endless stream of monsters to satisfy you gearDiablo 3 proberly the worst hack and slash game ever created in history of gaming. Charecter customization has been dumbed down so much that every player is the same. The overall gameplay is boring and frustating as best. The game is designed so you have to pay real life money on there auction house to get gear. The days where you could kill endless stream of monsters to satisfy you gear needs are gone. Its really hard to belive its the same company that made Diablo and Diablo 2. Dont buy this crap game, waste of money. It do got nice graphic thats the reason why im giving it +1 Expand
  67. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in each and every way but one. Cheating. And not just small cheats such as maphacks. You got bots, duplication of items etc. Diablo 3 has been out for 2 months by now, the game is already completely ruined by the cheating and Blizzard stands by the sideline watching, incapable of fixing their own mess. Other than that the game itself is quite good. TheDiablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in each and every way but one. Cheating. And not just small cheats such as maphacks. You got bots, duplication of items etc. Diablo 3 has been out for 2 months by now, the game is already completely ruined by the cheating and Blizzard stands by the sideline watching, incapable of fixing their own mess. Other than that the game itself is quite good. The story was decent, the gameplay alright. How ever there is something that has been bothering me. Why is it called Diablo 3? This game is nothing like Diablo or Diablo 2. This game should be called World of Diablo.

To sum it all up, I'm glad I traded a f2p mmo account for a D3 key. Otherwise I would have felt ripped off.
    Do yourself a favour. Don't pay for this game, trade something equally useless for it, such as a used paper towel.

In conclusion. This is a Blizzard "Entertainment" product and as such it is highly overrated garbage praised solemnly because it has been developed by Blizzard.
  68. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo III has lost a lot of the "Diablo" feel that many veteran fans once enjoyed. I'll refrain from spoiling the plot, but it certainly isn't what many fans desire. The gameplay certainly isn't terrible, but it isn't very entertaining either. Early on, you are unlocking your skills and slowly becoming stronger. However, by the end game, you are suffering against hordes of demons,Diablo III has lost a lot of the "Diablo" feel that many veteran fans once enjoyed. I'll refrain from spoiling the plot, but it certainly isn't what many fans desire. The gameplay certainly isn't terrible, but it isn't very entertaining either. Early on, you are unlocking your skills and slowly becoming stronger. However, by the end game, you are suffering against hordes of demons, some of which are just completely unfair and overpowered and make you feel like even attempting to fight them is a waste of time.

Farming items or gold is constantly being tweaked by Blizzard, due to their inclusion of both an in game Auction House (a place to sell your items for in game currency, or buy items for said currency) and a Real Money Auction House (RMAH for short; a place to sell your items for either Blizzard's online currency, or real, actual money, or vice versa).

The inclusion of either auction house is met with mixed reviews, but it truly detracts from the game experience. It is easy to feel like you *must* use one or both of the auction houses to be competitive at all in the hardest difficulty, and the economy fluctuates so much that the prices are (mostly) unrealistically high.

The atmosphere is no longer Gothic and frightening; instead, it is a lighter world, even in places that should be terrifying, such as a dank cave or a tower cellar. The graphics aren't bad by any means, but they certainly have room for improvement. The music and background effects are no longer as eerie, either, but more bland and just... kind of *there*.

There is no stat allocations at all; you receive stats automatically leveling up. This does make having the "optimal" character easier, but it also detracts from customization, something that many people hold as important. The skill system is also very bland; while each class has many skills, with many ways to enhance those skills, the harder difficulties make it nearly impossible to use the skills which you want to use. The goal of this system was to avoid having one or two "optimal" builds, but the game itself is unplayable on harder difficulties if you attempt the majority of builds.

The game itself is only available for play online. That means that players are subject to server crashes, server lag, and at the mercy of the servers being up to even play the game. When server maintenance occurs, players must wait hours until it is complete.

Along with the game only being online, Blizzard is constantly tinkering and tweaking the way skills, items, monsters, and even item drops work. This is under the pretense of "maintaining a balanced game". However, many players (myself included) want to play the game OUR way, not THEIR way. For example, there was a particular method to effectively collect gold (and items, to a point) which involved going to a certain location and smashing ungodly amounts of pots. Recently, Blizzard nerfed the pots entirely, making them occasionally drop mundane amounts of gold and NEVER drop items. This is just one of the many "exploits" that they have chosen to nerf, because it goes against they way THEY wish for you to play the game. One player described this effect incredibly well:
    "It's like playing a game, and then having your older brother rip the controller out of your hand and saying 'hold on, you aren't doing it right!'"

Now, the game isn't ALL bad. On normal you feel like a demi-god, tearing through minions and growing stronger. Each character offers different skills and different resources (which some players enjoy, and others dislike), making the replay factor slightly good. However, it's predecessor accomplishes this to a much greater degree. All in all, Diablo III is a game that comes on strong, but quickly becomes repetitive and boring. Is the game worth playing? Maybe. Is the game worth $60 new? Not in a million years.
  69. Jun 23, 2012
    The utter neglect Blizzard has shown in regards to this game is mind boggling.

Not only has this new team of developers managed to rip the soul out of Diablo, they managed to create a mediocre piece of badly coded shallowness catered to casual gaming. What is most frustrating is the fact that their servers create lag spikes resulting in unfair deaths, their game is broken on so many
    The utter neglect Blizzard has shown in regards to this game is mind boggling.

What is most frustrating is the fact that their servers create lag spikes resulting in unfair deaths, their game is broken on so many levels and the latest patch only helped to suck more of the fun out of the game, along with breaking a myriad of spells and mechanics.

The addition of an Auction house and Real Money Auction House is another step backward, clearly Blizzard has seen what a money maker WoW is and decided to poor that into the game.

The result is a boring game with a childish art-style that only servers one purpose : Force people to spend real money on the Real Auction House.

This game is not about skill, it's about investing the most money to get the best gear and I am fully against these types of business schemes.

Furthermore they took everything that was remotely fun or remotely connected to actual skill out of the game.

Their hit detection is so broken it's possible for you to die from an attack performed by a melee mob on the edge of the visible playing field --> nowhere near you .

Blizzard's response to this issue : It's the way we want it to be, we don't want people dodging mobs.

I.E. : We are too incompetent to fix this issue and thus we'll just say it's meant to be that way.

I loved Blizzard, I forgave them for the folly that is WoW but this was the final drop.

Total neglect of their userbase.
    Extreme neglect of their European customers.
    Bad server stability.
    Total lack of respect for it's customers.
    Total lack of knowledge on what Diablo used to be.

If you feel like grinding for over 900 hours in a boring, demotivating environment where everything remotely fun has been siphoned out and being forced to spend Real cash on gear then this game is meant for you.

This is the last game I'll ever have purchased from Blizzard, I will be warning my children's children of the band of thieves that Blizzard represents.
  70. Jun 23, 2012
    Fun the first time through. But Diablo is about uber lewt and this game did not deliver in that respect, at all. I mean, bosses drop after normal mode. C'mon? I mean... GG
  71. Jun 22, 2012
    Those who have played this beyond hell, and have been with the game since it's beginning will probably agree. This game is terrible. In mid-hell all the way to inferno classes are unbalanced and really--the only ones surviving and doing moderately well are *epically* geared. Considering myself a decent player, I have been able to navigate up to act 4 (through many deaths). I can sayThose who have played this beyond hell, and have been with the game since it's beginning will probably agree. This game is terrible. In mid-hell all the way to inferno classes are unbalanced and really--the only ones surviving and doing moderately well are *epically* geared. Considering myself a decent player, I have been able to navigate up to act 4 (through many deaths). I can say their design and implementation of creature hit points, damage, and skills (particularly elite creatures) fall far short of par. I suppose I could give an example--in one cause I had a barb in inferno and was constantly being chain frozen and walled with arcane sentries hitting me all at once until I was dead. There was nothing I could do--helpless as a baby. In any case, beyond this you can include their horrid updates. While they did lower creature damage to a small extent, in exchange they gave bosses rages that make them all near to impossible (belial's constant poison pools once he hits around 10% of his life is one example). So in all, instead of nerfing the game, they seemed to have done all they can to make an already extremely difficult setting unplayable. I honestly cannot see what they are trying to do in their game. The overall enjoyment of this game after hell setting is about MINUS 100%. If you're one of those people who has a strongly sadistic nature, I'd say get this game. It has all the abuse you'd need for a full life supply. For the rest of us, I'd say skip it. Expand
  72. Jun 22, 2012
    This game just isn't much fun. These are the core ways that it fails. 1. The rune system was a good idea in theory but there are a huge number of entirely useless skills and in most cases the runes only make subtle differences. This has lead to most builds of each class being very similar. 2. Loot is boring. Very few of the item properties are fun or interesting and all classes end upThis game just isn't much fun. These are the core ways that it fails. 1. The rune system was a good idea in theory but there are a huge number of entirely useless skills and in most cases the runes only make subtle differences. This has lead to most builds of each class being very similar. 2. Loot is boring. Very few of the item properties are fun or interesting and all classes end up maxing almost the same stats. Loot is too random you can't plan a build around specific set and unique equipment. Also because the loot is so random drops feel pointless hardly even worth picking up. As a result the only real useful thing is gold which is very boring to farm. 3. The game is less social than D2. There are far less communal skills and the game rewards playing solo. Having to join a random game is !@#$ty with no idea what the goals of the players in the game are. And the scaling sucks, a character gets more powerful too quickly so you can only play with friends very close to the same level.

4. The forced quest structure kills the causal re-playablity, the story is fun the first play through but I want to be able to jump around and do what I want, when I want. 5. The game is hard in all the wrong ways. I think D2 hell was harder and more fun than D3 inferno. ONE HIT KILLS ARE NOT FUN. Because of issue 4 and the scale issues replaying areas while you get stronger is just not fun. 6. Some of the basic game mechanics are just broken primarily crafting but other things too.
  73. Jun 22, 2012
    OK. I have been playing Diablo 3 since it released. I am a fan of both Diablo 2 and 1. At 31 years old this game insults the gaming world as a whole. DRM requires an always online connection. The game seems to be geared toward making you use the RMAH (real money auction house) where blizzard makes a percentage on anything sold on it. They said that only 1/5 players play online and blizzardOK. I have been playing Diablo 3 since it released. I am a fan of both Diablo 2 and 1. At 31 years old this game insults the gaming world as a whole. DRM requires an always online connection. The game seems to be geared toward making you use the RMAH (real money auction house) where blizzard makes a percentage on anything sold on it. They said that only 1/5 players play online and blizzard is trying to force you into playing it multi-player. The graphics are behind by 5 years.(that is being nice) It is a short story but it is a loot game that is meant for you to continue to progress through each difficulty much like D2 was. Blizzard has decided to lead the way with this DRM and the RMAH and both are a complete failure in my opinion. (and that of most people who have played this game) If you want a game that holds your hand and tells you what you can and can't do then this is the game for you. I can go on and on about the failures in this game but i don't want to be 40 by the time I'm done writing this. Expand
  74. Jun 22, 2012
    Massive disappointment. No skill or stat choices, itemization is horrible compared to D2 (or any game of this genre really). AH broke the end game fairly hard. Seems like a big ploy to make bank off the Real Money AH. Also my account got hacked, and when I went to restore my stuff I was berated by the GM for having a key logger... which is interesting because there were over 2500 failedMassive disappointment. No skill or stat choices, itemization is horrible compared to D2 (or any game of this genre really). AH broke the end game fairly hard. Seems like a big ploy to make bank off the Real Money AH. Also my account got hacked, and when I went to restore my stuff I was berated by the GM for having a key logger... which is interesting because there were over 2500 failed login attempts on my account before they got in. Oh also - passwords are not Caps sensitive? What in the .... what are you doing Blizzard? Expand
  75. Jun 22, 2012
    gonna have to come back for a new review here; normal through hell are a fairly pleasant gaming experience; it wont last very long and its only fun your first time through. but the heart of the game; where all the loot tables are best; where 90% of all items are located; inferno mode. its a mess. designed around needing gear you could never ever ever hope to possibly get in less than 10000gonna have to come back for a new review here; normal through hell are a fairly pleasant gaming experience; it wont last very long and its only fun your first time through. but the heart of the game; where all the loot tables are best; where 90% of all items are located; inferno mode. its a mess. designed around needing gear you could never ever ever hope to possibly get in less than 10000 hours played. itemization is **** for a game that is all about the loot.

every single part of the "end-game" is directed to try and get you to use the RMAH; the game has no offline mode and the always online is frequently down and always laggy.
  76. Jun 22, 2012
    ok so the new patch is out an it is clear all blizzard is trying to do is milk the players for more money not to mention they change the stats on the items on your character even if you payed $$ for them witch renders them useless so i had to re-review this game an its content an give it what it deserves a 0 never buy or play another blizzard activision game
  77. Jun 22, 2012
    This is the most disappointing game I've ever played. True it has some cool background scenery, other than that it's just bad on top of bad. Terrible game mechanics, terrible story line, terrible childish dialogue. They might as well have called it Diablo 3: Lord of Terrible. It's a pure waste of time. Playing with friends makes it semi-tolerable but they reduced the number of playersThis is the most disappointing game I've ever played. True it has some cool background scenery, other than that it's just bad on top of bad. Terrible game mechanics, terrible story line, terrible childish dialogue. They might as well have called it Diablo 3: Lord of Terrible. It's a pure waste of time. Playing with friends makes it semi-tolerable but they reduced the number of players allowed in one game down to 4, and they made it very inefficient to play multiplayer at all. I wish I hadn't wasted money of this game, but I thought they would improve it through patching. It's only gotten worse. Expand
  78. Jun 22, 2012
    I just made an account to write a review. I want to know who these critics are and how they review a product. Yes, the game was fun the first time played. Then I realized it was not the game I anticipated all these years. I'm kind of mad at the new "Blizzard" trying to force us to play the way they want to profit from RMAH which the game should've been titled instead. If you have notI just made an account to write a review. I want to know who these critics are and how they review a product. Yes, the game was fun the first time played. Then I realized it was not the game I anticipated all these years. I'm kind of mad at the new "Blizzard" trying to force us to play the way they want to profit from RMAH which the game should've been titled instead. If you have not bought the game yet and in spite of all these negative reviews from the actual users (and not the "CRITICS" ), and you still want to give it a try.. Go ahead. You'll have fun for a few days. Then you'll probably come back here and leave a review like this one. Game itself is ok if you have never played Diablo series before. But once you reach the cap level, you'll know what I'm talking about. Don't waste your money on RMAH, I mean Diablo 3. Basically, the samething in my opinion whatever you call it. Expand
  79. Jun 22, 2012
    Aaah, Diablo... Whatever this is, it ain't diablo. If blizzard would still care about what it's customers want from a game i'd remind them of the following self-evident things : 1) These things do NOT belong in an ARPG : - Cooldown timers on skills - Enrage timers on monsters - A limit on the number of skills that can be used equal to the number of available slots of an action bar -Aaah, Diablo... Whatever this is, it ain't diablo. If blizzard would still care about what it's customers want from a game i'd remind them of the following self-evident things : 1) These things do NOT belong in an ARPG : - Cooldown timers on skills - Enrage timers on monsters - A limit on the number of skills that can be used equal to the number of available slots of an action bar - Frustating progression based gameplay with constant gear-checks and lots of kiting - A constant stream of badly animated cutscenes that can't be auto-skipped - Bland itemization by using an MMO-like stat system and basing damage output on weapon base damage - A RMAH to which players are forced in various ways to find the gear upgrades necessary to progress in-game in any reasonable amount of time - Lack of a singleplayer as well as a LAN-play option. And on top of all that 2) These things do NOT belong in a Diablo game : - Colourful "happy sunshine" graphics - A ridiculously stupid story - The death of Deckard Cain - Tons of breakable objects with NO purpose whatsoever. The Diablo franchise has forever been ruined. The only things done right are the sound effects and the basic gameplay, which should be and still is the most important, but it just doesn't cut it, sadly enough... Congratulations Blizzard, you achieved the unimaginable. Rip Blizzard North. Back to LOD for me. Expand
  80. Jun 22, 2012
    0/10 This game was decent before all the nerfs. RMAH ruined this game along with every hotfix/patch implemented since release date. To anyone who hasn't bought this game yet, Please don't. You'll only help blizzard's illusions of a successful game.
  81. Jun 22, 2012
    remember when blizzard actually cared about what they put out? it is getting harder and harder every time they pump out a game that so clearly takes a dump on gamers.
  82. Jun 21, 2012
    Awful game play and experience overall. If the original diablo developers were still working for Blizzard it might feel like diablo and more polished. The gear progression only takes place through purchases in the auction house. After 200+ hours on one level 60, I have not found an upgrade to use besides the auction house. Its a big let down for the entire gaming community imo.
  83. Jun 21, 2012
    Very disappointing. I'm a huge fan of the Diablo franchise, but this game stinks.

They only let their beta testers play 1/48th of the game and it shows. Don't pay full retail for what will basically be another year of beta-testing. Currently, each patch makes the game WORSE, and they are sneaky about slipping in "hotfixes" that make it less fun, or fix things they refused to admit

They only let their beta testers play 1/48th of the game and it shows.

Don't pay full retail for what will basically be another year of beta-testing. Currently, each patch makes the game WORSE, and they are sneaky about slipping in "hotfixes" that make it less fun, or fix things they refused to admit were broken.

If you MUST give this company your money, buy D2 and the L.O.D expansion.
  84. Jun 21, 2012
    I had high hopes for this game, crushed hopes now. I won't complain about the graphics, they're nothing special, but get the job done. They game play mechanics are actually enjoyable, for a while... and that's where it ends.

I think most of the reviews here have covered the boring storyline, blah...blah..blah.. I'll focus more on the current state of the game. The game shouldn't even be named Diablo, it should be called Auction House. After playing a while, you quickly realize that the gear you need to progress to the next act doesn't drop for you. So it then becomes a gold grind to afford your upgrades at the Auction House. Along come all the exploits, bots, etc. and the economy is out of control.

Blizz's latest solution to this is patch 1.03. Nerf everyone's damage, 5x everyone's repair costs, 3 min enrage timers on bosses, no items in smashing and kicking things anymore, very little gold from the environment, you're killing inferno mode bosses/champs and getting hell mode loot. The forums at Blizzard are on fire, the mods can't delete the negative threads fast enough, players leaving the game in droves and an attitude of indifference from the one or two mods who've actually responded to the flood of rage.

Sad part is.... I still think the game has potential to be great if the execs over there would focus more on making the game fun rather than how to funnel as many sheep as possible into the Real Money Auction House to get their 15% cut..

Do yourself a big favor if you're considering buying Auction House 3, Give it a month or two and see if Blizz is able to iron out the wrinkles, because currently, it's a joke.
  85. Jun 21, 2012
    For a game that has been in development for 10 years, this game was a huge letdown. The first playthrough on normal difficulty is ridiculously easy, and enjoyable, but this game has no replay value beyond that. It's predecessor, Diablo 2, had immense replay value due to farming all sorts of awesome items, and with skill trees you could always remake a same class / diff skill treeFor a game that has been in development for 10 years, this game was a huge letdown. The first playthrough on normal difficulty is ridiculously easy, and enjoyable, but this game has no replay value beyond that. It's predecessor, Diablo 2, had immense replay value due to farming all sorts of awesome items, and with skill trees you could always remake a same class / diff skill tree character, and it played totally different.

The skill system, while innovative and unique in a sense, is plagued by issues. Any of the decent skills or builds have been nerfed by Blizzard. The itemization is .... lackluster at best. What made D2 great was the items. There are no good items here, the drop rates for legendary / set items are atrociously low all across the board, and their stats suck in comparison to regular magical items or rare items.

End game - the drop rates on the good items have been nerfed into the ground, and Blizzard does nothing to address any of it's fans concerns - which has turned the D3 community forums rather toxic. Story - is simply not good. Don't want to give any spoilers here, so I won't - but the antagonists talking points are redundant, out of character, and gives me more of a 'saturday morning cartoon' villain than a lord of hell.

all in all you may get enjoyment out of the game for five to ten hours, then it becomes very lackluster. I'd recommend you save your money and get a game with a bit more replay value than this. Which is sad, I'm a hardcore blizzard fan (every game except WoW, I grew up on Lost Vikings! and Warcraft : Orcs and Humans) - and this company has turned from a love of games to a love of your money. Even 'only releasing when it's ready' D3 is still plagued with bugs.

The fact that they nerfed magic find and it no longer applies to breakable objects, is sad. That is a core of what the Diablo franchise is all about, and clearly the developers are out of touch with the essence of what made Diablo 1 and Diablo 2, and in general Blizzard games in the past, successful.
  86. Jun 21, 2012
    Ignore the game site critic reviews. They pick the ones that will give them favorable unrealistic reviews, period. That said, here is THE GOOD: D3 returns with a new look, very simple to play, easy for anyone to understand, runs on the weakest of computers. THE BAD: Most lag is calculative server side and not graphical, graphics are mediocre, game patches can cause big issues, playerIgnore the game site critic reviews. They pick the ones that will give them favorable unrealistic reviews, period. That said, here is THE GOOD: D3 returns with a new look, very simple to play, easy for anyone to understand, runs on the weakest of computers. THE BAD: Most lag is calculative server side and not graphical, graphics are mediocre, game patches can cause big issues, player acquired game items disappear, player skills don't always animate indicating activity, not very 3D Vision friendly, Blizzard latency-disconnects-crashes still intermittent, game is too simple for those who want more, repetitive game play and story line, player item drops continue to be too weak to support player/game mode progression. THE REALLY BAD: Extremely poor customer support, phone center officially understaffed with no queue hold ability, trouble ticket response support is 36 to 48 (business) hours, technical responses are ignorantly laughable, game costs $59.99 or more. Expand
  87. Jun 21, 2012
    When a game just isn't fun, it deserves a 0. I'd write a full review, but then I'd be putting more effort into the review than Blizzard did into Diablo 3.
  88. Jun 21, 2012
    TL;DR: This game was released unfinished. It still is. Inexcusable. 4/10.

The story is entirely too predictable, it isn't creative; it feels rushed and is much too short. I expected to be dazzled with its direction and was bitterly disappointed - they had every opportunity to do more with it and well, they did not. DRM has a lot of arguments for it, but in this instance what it
    TL;DR: This game was released unfinished. It still is. Inexcusable. 4/10.

DRM has a lot of arguments for it, but in this instance what it prominently serves to do is deter the experience, and this is especially punishing when considering a single player. Understandably there were server outages on release and that's to be expected but the game still suffers from frequent downtime (this mostly from game breaking bugs/exploits that Blizzard attempts to rectify). Lag spikes are frequent, and the problems seem to be server side. Getting anything lower than 200ms could be classed as a miracle, so expect to frequently die from something that 'did not' reach or hit you.

Class balance is tragic. As a direct result the norm seems to be to continually creep massive unannounced nerfs into the game. Most nerfs are warranted, but there is no excuse for silently releasing changes into the game when it effectively neuters a hardcore player
  89. Jun 21, 2012
    Very Simple Visit the games forums and make a determination for yourself. As you can see the criticts must have been paid nice amounts of money or are not original diablo fans. See on the forums. enough said
  90. Jun 21, 2012
    RIP Blizzard Diablo 3 was fun for the first 2 times through it. but seriously inferno level is just unbalanced un-fun and nothing but a waste of time. as of this review there are 1617 people playing on the US server. That alone should tell you everything you need to know about the game. For a game that was 12 years in the making it is extremly unimaginative and lets be honest it was neverRIP Blizzard Diablo 3 was fun for the first 2 times through it. but seriously inferno level is just unbalanced un-fun and nothing but a waste of time. as of this review there are 1617 people playing on the US server. That alone should tell you everything you need to know about the game. For a game that was 12 years in the making it is extremly unimaginative and lets be honest it was never intended to be fun. It was made to make ActaBlizzion fist loads of money on the RMAH.The only hitch they ran into is that consumers like to get value for their $60 usd. and the platform is just a stripped down version of WoW with poorly ported controls poorly sized hit boxes poorly designed interface, and well just a poorly designed game in general. It has been barely a month since they (ActaBlizzion) broke all records for pre sales on a software release and they have less than 2000 people playing it. i have a monk that is well into inferno and even with the loot drops buffed in the latest patch mobs at the end of act 1 are still dropping loot from the hell play through.

I just accidentally dragged one of my skills off of my action bar and it zeroed my level 60 loot buff. EPIC FAIL. the only reason the buff is there in the first place is to keep people logged into the game for longer than 3 min at a time. because the servers couldn't handle the load.

ActaBlizzions solution: make the game so boring and unimaginative that people quit playing, because after all once they have your $60 usd who cares if you keep playing.

I can hardly wait to see the sales numbers from the next release from this FORMER industry leader.

If you decide to try this game you have to agree to the DRM ALWAYS LOGGED ON requirement. for those of you who don't know what DRM is it is an extremly sad attempt to keep the game from getting copied. the so called "Digital Rights Management" software downloads onto your computer and ties up valuable resources by having your own computer scan itself for copies or other attempts to hack or subvert the game. ( as if the people doing that would not remove the DRM first thing.) The end result is a poorly performing game with random sluggishness as your computer tries to catch you hacking, AND NO POSSIBLE WAY TO PLAY OFFLINE.

Even to play a single player campaign requires you be at the mercy of battlenets laggy and barely stable servers.The TOU states that battlenet can pull the servers down at any time with no warning for as long as they please and you have no recourse because you clicked ok on the TOU at the start.

but don't take just my word for it feel free to read everyone else's complaints on the official forums @ http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/

and remember what Cormack says: Betrayal can NEVER be forgiven.
  91. Jun 21, 2012
    Game-play is mind-numbingly repetitive. Players forced to play only online so Blizzard can throw up patches that nerf what little fun existed in the game at first. Unbelievably arrogant developers and employees .who tell players what is fun and what isn't and delete forum threads and ban forum users who are critical and hurt their little feelings. Huge fail for Blizzard.
  92. Jun 21, 2012
    I bought this game because he was remarkable in the past, and today has a similar effect, worth in the past he scored positively, bringing news and entertainment, today is just so much frustration of waiting for a game that is based on the auction house with real money
  93. Jun 21, 2012
    A poorly designed knock off of the original. This review focuses on the gameplay in inferno difficulty at patch 1.03. Balance is non existent, ranged classes sack all defense for pure offense and die in 1 hit. Melee, well it's a joke, you stack vit, armor, resistances, block and dodge so you can last 4 hits. The worst part is that you are not dying to bosses, you're dying to randomA poorly designed knock off of the original. This review focuses on the gameplay in inferno difficulty at patch 1.03. Balance is non existent, ranged classes sack all defense for pure offense and die in 1 hit. Melee, well it's a joke, you stack vit, armor, resistances, block and dodge so you can last 4 hits. The worst part is that you are not dying to bosses, you're dying to random packs that are impossible to kill. And I do mean impossible.

Ok so you die, no big deal, save for when you die, you lose durability. And the repair costs are astronomical. An item that sells for 2000 gold can cost 4000 to repair. Why do you die? Because you simply cannot beat some monsters. Not by any fault of yours, but because they are simply too strong for a party of 4 to defeat. A character than can solo inferno diablo can be killed in Act 2 by some mobs.

Ok so how do you get more items, well you open your wallet. You can buy them with gold, but on each death you lose your gold (it starts around 4000 gold to repair your items per death and racks up), so you are not as wealthy as you'd expect to be. The only option is to buy them with actually currency, which of course is over priced. Blizzard takes a cut of each sale, and takes a 15% cut to transfer it to a paypal account.

Compare all this to Diablo 2. There were very strong boss packs, but nothing you could not handle. You start out weak in D2, and then by the end of the game you're very strong. The opposite happens in D3. You start out easily rolling through normal, but as you progress you become weaker even though you get better gear. Storage is also an issue, as you can only get 3 tabs (though the beta showed 5). It seems the game is more the first part of a game, and not a stand alone product. Blizzard is waiting for it's expansions to balance the game.

All in all, this isn't a game worth purchasing at least for the first 3 years of its release.
  94. Jun 21, 2012
    Not worthy of being called D3, More like world of diablo. Takes our most loved parts of the first 2 games and throws them in the trash. This may be great for first time diablo players but those who grew up on this franchise and have been waiting 12 years should be severely disappointed. Builds? Who needs them. Obviously the critics only played normal mode then stopped. Now 3ish patchesNot worthy of being called D3, More like world of diablo. Takes our most loved parts of the first 2 games and throws them in the trash. This may be great for first time diablo players but those who grew up on this franchise and have been waiting 12 years should be severely disappointed. Builds? Who needs them. Obviously the critics only played normal mode then stopped. Now 3ish patches later they've managed to shake even more fun from the tree that was a great franchise. Expand
  95. Jun 21, 2012
    The story is very limited.... for diablo 1 and II, games from many years ago, it's reasonable that we could only follow a single line of history, with limited quests and choices. But nowadays, with diablo 3 as a big title and blizzard knowhow, i really was waiting for some more "complex" gameplay. Really disapointed with Blizzard, even now with the last "patches", that is only trowing theThe story is very limited.... for diablo 1 and II, games from many years ago, it's reasonable that we could only follow a single line of history, with limited quests and choices. But nowadays, with diablo 3 as a big title and blizzard knowhow, i really was waiting for some more "complex" gameplay. Really disapointed with Blizzard, even now with the last "patches", that is only trowing the game to a black hole =( Expand
  96. Jun 21, 2012
    The storyline is mediocre, repetitive and lack substantial depth in plot. This game is only playable online, even if you wish to partake in single player mode. Their server lag spikes, which happen frequently, often lead to the death of many players that play hardcore mode with no compensation or regard from their support team. The game play mechanics are severely limiting. There are noThe storyline is mediocre, repetitive and lack substantial depth in plot. This game is only playable online, even if you wish to partake in single player mode. Their server lag spikes, which happen frequently, often lead to the death of many players that play hardcore mode with no compensation or regard from their support team. The game play mechanics are severely limiting. There are no skill levels, no points to assign for attributes, and you are only able to use 6 skills at any give time. Changing skills will take away all buffs to your character, pull out a menu that blocks your entire screen and have a cooldown of a minute, which severely discourage players to change skills once they start playing. As a result, this game is solely based on gear and their auction house system. In order to progress in the game you are forced to rely on better gear. The problem is that in order to progress into the next part, you have to use gear that drop from that next part. Gear from your current point are 7 levels lower than you. The solution to this is to use the auction house and buy your gear either with gold or real money. As of the latest patch, they have made gold nearly impossible to get. Repair costs for items are now 5x higher than previously and the gold drop from environmental objects is near 0%. For every attack you make, hit you take, chest you open or pot you smash you incur repair damage. With the imbalance in gold, people are urged to use real money to progress in this game. Then when people buy thing with real money and DO progress, they nerf those items and they lose their value and the feel of progression that came with it. Blizzard has made progression in this game stagnant and punishes players for their the inadequacies of the development team with dealing with bugs in the game. The biggest problem is the arrogance they exhibit in saying that they want people to have variety to play with flexibility and to explore new ways to play BUT AT THE SAME TIME eliminate methods of playing the game that does not align with their philosophy (which changes frequently to suit their needs). They force players to play this game in only one way and eliminate any other methods of playing. As of this review, most of my friends have already left this game because of Blizzard's inability to LISTEN to what their player base wants instead of arbitrarily thinking they KNOW what players want. Their amount of people that play public games dropped from 20k to barely 1.5k on peak hours. Blizzard does not respect the players or their wishes for the game and has severely disappointed me as a fan. Expand
  97. Jun 21, 2012
    ARPG, ARPG, ARPG, Bliz this is an ARPG!

Not an MMO! Okay you want online only for DRM, whatever, doesn't make this an MMO, I personally didn't care since I played D2 100% online. Who cares if people attack fast, who cares if people want to kill pots for an hour instead of monsters, who cares if people want to farm chests and racks, who cares if people want to be able to mow
    ARPG, ARPG, ARPG, Bliz this is an ARPG!

Not an MMO!

Who cares if people attack fast, who cares if people want to kill pots for an hour instead of monsters, who cares if people want to farm chests and racks, who cares if people want to be able to mow through mobs with epic gear after farming for 100 hours like D2, who cares if I want to wear a cracked sash and short sword after playing this game 1000 hours and try to kill diablo over a 20 minute period without instantly dieing to some "enrage timer".

People play games to have fun, for an ARPG that means starting as a little level 1 weakling and eventually becoming a god that owns everything with epic gear that they find in a reasonable amount of time.

Want to know how to make an ARPG? See Diablo 2, there must be at least a couple people on your dev team who still understand what made D2 great.

Farm bosses? Who cares, people are having fun.
    Farm chests? Who cares, people are having fun.
    Farm huge amounts of demons? Who cares, people are having fun.

Nerf this, nerf that, "fix" this, "fix" that. Enrage timers, nerf loot, useless legendaries, forced quests, forced acts, forced force forced, slow attacks, slow runspeed, slow slow, nerf nerf, boring, frustrating, wasted time, NOT FUN. Go back to step 1 in the dev process:
    Was Diablo 2 fun or not fun because of awesome overpowered loot? fun
    Was Diablo 2 fun or not fun because people could do/farm whatever they wanted? fun
    Was Diablo 2 fun or not fun because people felt satisfied with loot drops farming in a variety of ways? fun
    Was Diablo 2 fun or not fun for open PvP? fun
    Was Diablo 2 fun or not fun because you could "break the game" and carry an 8 person game feeling like a god? fun

Look at D3, everything that was fun is no longer here.

5% IAS , 10% movespeed , 3% Knockback , 10% reduced crowd control , 50% enhanced damage .

30% IAS , 30% movespeed , 25%-100% knockback , Cannot be Frozen , 250% enhanced damage I'm having so much fun becoming strong!

I just filled the screen with lightning, I just ran to blood raven in 20 seconds, I just owned hordes of hell's mobs, I just tanked baal with 7 other people, I just.. I just.. I just.. had so much fun.

Did the loss of the Worldstone make everything and everyone weak?

Diablo R.I.P.

P.S. If you loved D2, then everything you enjoyed is gone. If you like slow grinding MMOs with boring loot then you may like this... for a bit. But eventually there will be nothing to do because this isn't an MMO.
  98. Jun 21, 2012
    This is a fail excuse for a game in one of the best series launched. Pay to Win.. gimme a break. Blizzard continues its streak of fail. Terrible story line, online play only? really ?? I highly doubt there was even a beta test, seems we are STILL beta testing this hunk of ****
  99. Jun 21, 2012
    If you're not playing the game the way Blizzard WANTS you to play, you will be punished. If you don't use RMAH, they will find a way to make you use it. Players are forced to abide Blizzard's wacky philosophy of "fun", which is subjected to change at any second as they please. Not to mention various performance issues with PC and Mac, you will not be able to get a decent(50+ FPS)If you're not playing the game the way Blizzard WANTS you to play, you will be punished. If you don't use RMAH, they will find a way to make you use it. Players are forced to abide Blizzard's wacky philosophy of "fun", which is subjected to change at any second as they please. Not to mention various performance issues with PC and Mac, you will not be able to get a decent(50+ FPS) performance with a $3000 rig. Waste of time and money, greatest disappointment and failure in the 21st century. Expand
  100. Jun 21, 2012
    Go to the D3 forums on bnet and read most of the user comments. At present time, that will tell you all you need to know before buying this game. If you enjoyed D2, don't expect to enjoy D3 simply based on that or you will be disappointed....

1. Aug 31, 2012