Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 15, 2012
    This is a serious review with no spoilers. To Blizzard and all developers that read this, DRM is not an option and gamers will not except it EVER. Single Player should mean offline play with NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Anyone giving this a low score because they cannot log in to play are morons. The graphics and sound are obviously going to be good. The story might pass or fail in the end. ButThis is a serious review with no spoilers. To Blizzard and all developers that read this, DRM is not an option and gamers will not except it EVER. Single Player should mean offline play with NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Anyone giving this a low score because they cannot log in to play are morons. The graphics and sound are obviously going to be good. The story might pass or fail in the end. But this game is a complete failure because of server side DRM being recquired. After so many years when blizzards servers shutdown my children will not enjoy this game because of DRM. Shame on you Blizzard and anyone who supports DRM games with their $$$. Duke Nukem may have been a bad game but at least the steam lets me play single player offline. Also wheres our LAN! Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    I felt overall the story arc was way too serious in comparison to the other games--I mean, it gets kinda ridiculous toward the end. Diablo is waaaay too easy in this game if you're able to get the right resists. I can't wait to try him on inferno, but ultimately this game is a lot easier and shorter than the other Diablo titles--at least at first. I recommend for new players to play as aI felt overall the story arc was way too serious in comparison to the other games--I mean, it gets kinda ridiculous toward the end. Diablo is waaaay too easy in this game if you're able to get the right resists. I can't wait to try him on inferno, but ultimately this game is a lot easier and shorter than the other Diablo titles--at least at first. I recommend for new players to play as a Wizard--his spells get really good toward the end. Expand
  3. May 15, 2012
    Too simplified game principles, wow graphics, too many concessions. Poor atmosphere as well. This game is not so good as Diablo 2. I don´t like new health/mana system as well. Character development is very simplified.
  4. Aug 2, 2012
    Having clocked 500+ hrs into this game I'm beginning to see the shortcomings of it.
    The game is ok up to a certain point. All the annoying stuff from D2 has been removed more or less effectively, but has resulted in the birth of new and worse problems.
    The skillsystem is great, and the removal of manual statpoint allocation doesn't ruin the game, in my opinion. The story is ok, but could have been so much better.
    The gameplay follows the well known recipe from D2. Battle is fast paced and sometimes hectic, especially in the later difficulties.
    But the game fails on two very critical points - item drops and endgame.
    Good loot is hard to come by, by farming and when you happen to get a rare or legendary drop, it's usually worthless. When you've finally given up on farming loot because it's no fun, the interest in the game drops like a rock. That's when you might go to the AH for gear upgrades......and by doing that you lower your chances for decent drops even further....which again might make you go to the AH.
    It's a death spiral of boredom when you hit that point.

As far as endgame...well once you've hit the level cap there's really not much more to do but farm gear.
    And since farming for good gear is like searching for water in a desert, it'll soon stop being fun.

Basicly, the drop system, the AH and the level cap combined secures that the game stops being fun.
    This game can only be saved by buffing the drops significantly, removing the AHs, and removing the level cap, because once you hit 60 it becomes a repetitive wandering in circles with close to ZERO reward for your time.

1. Aug 31, 2012