4.1

1. May 15, 2012
    I felt overall the story arc was way too serious in comparison to the other games--I mean, it gets kinda ridiculous toward the end. Diablo is waaaay too easy in this game if you're able to get the right resists. I can't wait to try him on inferno, but ultimately this game is a lot easier and shorter than the other Diablo titles--at least at first. I recommend for new players to play as aI felt overall the story arc was way too serious in comparison to the other games--I mean, it gets kinda ridiculous toward the end. Diablo is waaaay too easy in this game if you're able to get the right resists. I can't wait to try him on inferno, but ultimately this game is a lot easier and shorter than the other Diablo titles--at least at first. I recommend for new players to play as a Wizard--his spells get really good toward the end. Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    Too simplified game principles, wow graphics, too many concessions. Poor atmosphere as well. This game is not so good as Diablo 2. I don´t like new health/mana system as well. Character development is very simplified.
  3. Jul 29, 2012
    It's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributesIt's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributes you have to exit the game and restart the quest and pray the next lot won't be as ridiculous. Seriously! That's not good game design. Also, some of the poor dialog left me feeling a little let down. The constant over-the-top monologuing by the villains leaves you thinking you are watching a bad anime cartoon and in Act IV Diablo gets a weird metro-sexual accent that leaves him sounding more like a dandy-boy than a bad guy. If he had told me my armor was "fabulous" I would not have been surprised. Very un-Lord-of-Terror like. Maybe Princess of Terror would be more fitting. I know there is an explanation in the story for it but it still sounds quite bad.

My biggest disappointment with the game is not really with Diablo 3 itself but in the way Blizzard treats it's customers and their insane security policies. Diablo 3's game description boasts a RMAH (Real Money Auction House) but neglects to inform potential buyers that you MUST have a cell phone with a contract in order to use it unless you just want useless "Blizzard Bucks". You can't even use the "Blizzard Bucks" to pay for Blizzard services like a WoW subscription. That's not real money. That's utterly useless. Pre-paid phones won't work and Blizzard doesn't even maintain the databases that tell them if you have one or not. My phone is on a contract but the number was once on a pre-paid plan years ago (with a completely different carrier no less) and neither carrier claims they can change the database to reflect the contract status. Blizzard hits that database when I try to tie my phone to SMS Protect and blindly assumes I'm lying and simply tells me I'm out of luck unless I buy a new contract with AT&T. Even then it might not work if I get another number with the same problem (extremely common judging by the posts on hundreds of message boards including their own). Their customer service is useless and all but told me outright I was a loser and needed to get a real phone with a contract (IT IS YOU IDIOTS!). Blizzard relying on third party databases that they don't even control for my account security does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling at all. In fact that's about as stupid as you can get and still convert oxygen to carbon dioxide. The ONLY data they need to reference in regards to my account security should be the data I give them when I set up my account and my authenticator. Period.

Overall I am very disappointed with Diablo 3 and Blizzard in general. They used to be a great company with great games but now they have devolved into something seemingly designed to develop trash and alienate their customers.

1. Aug 31, 2012