3.9

1. May 23, 2012
    Game of the year for me. People who gave low scores mostly did so just because they could not log in the first few hours after release. Gameplay is fantastic. The more you play, the more you want to play.
  2. May 23, 2012
    Amazing gameplay , Amazing storyline , Amazing graphics .
    only thing i would change is the side quests that are rare to find and quick wich i wish there was more of them . By adding side quests it'll become more free world game than just a storyline . better be changed in the DLC :
  3. May 22, 2012
    Amazing game!
    Everyone giving it 0-3 points are just being petty. It does what it is set out to be. bucketloads of fun, killing and looting.
    AND ITS NOT DRM! its a clever online system. At least blizzard is trying something new, giving a FREE online platform that helps generate content, control looting and host co-op.
  4. May 22, 2012
    Having bought Diablo II a few months ago and not getting on well with it (maybe the blocky graphics on a 27" monitor was just a bit too much!), I've started Diablo III with a rather spiffing character and I'm having a blast. Yes the customisation isn't exactly all encompassing from the off and the game play is quite linear but it's still great fun. The conversations are interesting, with good voice acting and the sense of further danger and doom ahead hanging over your head.
    The graphics and sound are fantastic and I've had no issues with connections (only played a few hours though).
    A great game that will keep me busy until the 12th of October when the main event, X-Com Enemy Unknown is released (bought an uber P.C for this...anticipation is not the word!)
  5. May 22, 2012
    People quit complaining. just because you don't like the story doesn't mean the game deserves a 0, or because you couldn't play may 15 th. The story isn't perfect but the gameplay and multiplayer is so freaking good and addicting, I love this game even MORE than diablo 2 and that's saying something. The graphics don't look like BF3 or crysis but they at least look VERY good for this type of game and a less demanding game, means what? MORE players, there's a reason why valve's games are so successfull they are fun as h*** and not demanding at all. Expand
  6. May 22, 2012
    An incredibly fun game. People rating it zero are fighting an irrelevant idealistic battle. Some of the most fun I've had in a long time. The improvements over Diablo II are huge. Overall, it's simply a very very good game.
  7. May 22, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the best game I have played so far for 2012. I have played over 60 hours now and all I want to do is play more. I would change a few things but very few. I give it a 9 but because all the haters are out in force I will bump it to a 10.
  8. May 22, 2012
    good game i am a fan of the diablo series and this is pretty good with new characters and skills. yeah the server was messing up and blizzard is still getting the bugs out but eventually it will stabilize. Id say its worth the $60 just because theres no monthly fees and you will at least get your moneys worth in game play. ive already played over 30 hours total on two characters and its still fun. so i feel i got my moneys worth. Its just a video game they all get boring eventually I dont see why people expected a game that costs $60 to change their lives forever Expand
  9. May 22, 2012
    New way for Action RPG, i really tired of clickin on + in my stat, this game have a pannacea with this problem, forget about forum play like what you want and if you can't win some of the enemy, don't go and train another character for this monster pack), just try another strategy.
  10. May 22, 2012
    This game is exactly what i wanted from a Diablo sequel; not really sure what everyone else was expecting or why they're whining like a bunch of little school girls. This game is so much fun to play that is actually hard to put down, kinda like Diablo 1 and 2 were back in the day, coincidence...i think not. So good job Blizzard, keep up the good work! I'm gonna go back to click click clicking away in joyful bliss :-) Expand
  11. May 22, 2012
    I'm completely puzzled by all the negative reviews for this game. While it isn't a perfect game, it is an extremely enjoyable representative of the genre.

Graphics:

The graphics have a cell-shaded look similar to Torchlight. If you don't like that style of graphics, then you will not like this game. If you do like that look, then the graphics are fantastic. While you cannot zoom in -
    probably to balance performance - the animations, effects for the various attacks are incredibly well done. If you have a weapon with a poison effect - pools of green fog will appear around dead mobs. The monk has various animations associated with his attacks that clearly convey the power of his fist and foot based attacks. There is a lot of skill, craftsmanship and love put into the graphics in this game. So I would rate graphics as 9.5 out of 10. Gameplay: Nothing new or different here - this is a hack-n-slash game. Click, click, click, click, right-click, etc. That said, the controls are responsie and well thought out. As you level up, you will unlock various skills and you can change the active skills any time you aren't in combat. The games consists of exploring areas, killing mobs, and picking up loot. And you are always hoping for better weapons or armor. While there is nothing "new" under the covers - what is here is rock solid, if repetitive - and earns a 9.0 out of 10. Customization: I've seen a lot of comments about the lack of customization. I'm not sure that I understand why being able to customize the "look" of the character is so important to some people. If this was a Skyrim type game, yes that would matter. But, given the fixed perspective of the game - I agree with the developer's decision to limit you to selecting the gender, class and name of your character. Anything more would have been pointless window dressing. As your level progresses - you do have limited control of your skills - which fall into broad categories such as: Active, Defensive, Passive, etc. While there is a set path , limited options as you level - you will need to switch out skills at various points. I would rate this area an 8.0 out of 10. Stability and Performance: I've played the game about 25-30 hours so far, playing across 4 different classes: Wizard, Demon Hunter, Barbarian and Monk. The game has hard-locked my system once. Otherwise, it has been perfect and rock-solid. I'm also playing on an older Dell XPS 8100 - and have everything set to high-detail. The games loads quickly, transitions as you change areas are fast, so no complaints here. I would give a 9.0 out of 10 rating. Loot & Leveling Loot and leveling are the areas where I have some qualms about the game. With regard to loot - so far the game seems pretty stingy. You find a lot of magical items, but none of it has had a WOW, TFA factor. And, the rare / epic items are extremely infrequent and also kind of ho-hum. You spend a lot of time picking up trash items, and selling them. And, for some reason, I seem to be getting a lot of items that are restricted to a different class than the one I'm playing. I.e. my Demon Hunter keeps getting a lot of Barbarian only gear. In short, there seems to be something slightly "off" and underwhelming in the area of loot. On the positive side, you unlock an Blacksmith NPC - and if you spend gold training him you eventually get access to some nice items. Leveling - because of the fixed path for the various skill areas - also is a little less satisfying than I might like. While these are gripes - when balanced against the overall game they are relatively minor. No game is perfect, and these are the two areas where Diablo 3 shines the least. I will give both loot and leveling (unlocking new skills) a 7.5 out of 10. Overall Score: This game is a definite 9.0 out of 10. There are a lot of lessons that other developers could learn from Blizzard and this game. The overall polish and design are extremely high-quality. I've had no problems connecting to servers, with performance, etc. I would like better loot, and more of a sense of freedom when it comes to unlocking and selecting skills when leveling - but these are really minor quibbles with an otherwise excellent game. A lot of people have complained about not having scrolls - but given the limited inventory slots I applaud the design decision to eliminate the scrolls and just provide a town portal and identify unknown items skill. This is a fun, addictive games with an extremely high-level of polish and artistry. If you like the genre, and don't mind the graphics style - this game is highly recommended. I paid full price, and feel that I'm getting my money's worth. Will that change when Torchlight 2 comes out - at $20 - maybe. But, until then, this is a fantastic hack-n-slash. Highly recommended. Expand
  12. May 22, 2012
    It is a great game, and it isn't for casual gamers, you really need to know what is going on in the game in order to be successful. I have not had any problems with my connection to Blizzard's servers, so I don't see why everyone is complaining. I love the graphics, although I was hoping for something a bit darker, I am quite fond of them. The sounds of the game are awesome and can be eerie at times. The game-play and control are great, and hot-keys are really the way to go for this game. Great game, and I hope the servers are fixed for everyone else. Expand
  13. May 22, 2012
    Diablo 3 is really good. between the great loot system and the fun combat. It is just amazing. Having not played the first two, i expected to not really know what was going on in the story. However, thankfully a wikia helped me out. And to all of the people that are saying that this game is too short, well, you have not experienced the full of Diablo 3. Take some time, appreciate the work that has been done. Try the game with different characters. Dont just stop after the first character. Try harder difficulties. Bottom line, Diablo 3 is a fun game that you shouldnt miss. Expand
  14. May 22, 2012
    So I'm 100 hours into the game and it isn't as bad as everyone said. This game is truly amazing! Blizzard drop the ball on release day server issues. This metacritic user score is their punishment. but the core game is great.
  15. May 22, 2012
    Amazing game, fun to get into, challenging. The storyline is decent though the ending seems a little rushed. The same atmosphere and intensity that made the earlier games magic is still present and this was definitely worth the wait.
  16. May 22, 2012
    10 Reasons Why Diablo 3 is 10/10 (in no particular order)

1. The game feels very similar to Diablo 2. If you are one of the millions of people who LOVED Diablo 2, you will LOVE Diablo 3.

2. The skill system has been vastly improved. Gone are the days where you either play one of four cookie-cutter Hell-beating builds or die instantly. Instead, players can switch skills on the fly and
    thereby try different combinations of skills for different encounters. This adds a strategic element to the game, but it also just makes the game more fun to experience since you won't be spamming one skill for thousands of hours.

3. The game looks amazing. It may not look as polished as Skyrim or Witcher 2 on first glance, but Blizzard knows that the devil is in the details. The movements of the characters are smooth and seamless. Skills are impressive to behold. The environments are interactive and the 3D rendering adds considerable depth. The result is a game that may not boast the best screenshots but offers some of the most visceral and epic battle sequences ever created.

4. The new crafting system ensures that grinding will yield adequate rewards (at least so far). One of the biggest downsides of Diablo 2 was the dependence on getting lucky drops. The new crafting system allows you to salvage pretty much anything and turn the materials into high quality weapons and armor that actually compete with the random drops.

5. It is easy to join forces against the Prime Evils! It takes all of one click to join a friend's game and take up arms against the forces of Hell. Sure, it is nice to be able to fly solo, but this game is much more fun with a group of friends, and Blizzard has made it easier than ever to make that happen.

6. This game is worth buying just for the experience of playing Act 3 and Act 4. I will refrain from spoiling it for those who have not had the pleasure, but Blizzard really finishes the game with a bang!

7. The cutscenes are AWESOME... so is the sound!

8. By offering hardcore mode and the Inferno difficulty, the game should please serious gamers and grinders.

9. On the flip side, the game has much to offer to the casual gamer. I feel that casual gamers get drowned out in the forums, but I would wager that the vast majority of the players currently enjoying themselves in the world of Santuary have yet to beat the game on Normal. They are pacing themselves and enjoying every minute of it! The beauty of Diablo 3 is that you can have a blast playing for 10 hours OR 10 minutes... in both cases you are killing demons and finding items. As a person with a demanding job and a life outside of computer games, I appreciate a game that I can play intermittently over a very long period of time.

10. On a similar note, this game has unparalleled value. People still enjoy playing Diablo 2 even though it was released 12 years ago! This installment will not be any different - it will always be there for you when you need a quick item hunting, demon slaying fix (don't we all?). I can think of no other game that offers such replayability without a monthly charge.

There are more reasons that this game is worthy of a high rating and deserving of your hard earned dollars. I'd list more, but I'd rather play a bit more Diablo 3. See you in Sanctuary!
  17. May 22, 2012
    The game is fine. A great sequel to Diablo 2. I grew tired of the same old, rush character through Baal runs so you could "pvp". PVP consisted of swirling hammers faster than the other guy while simultaneously teleporting all over the place with no real strategy involved. Oh and let's not forget about the lovely "NKing" that was rampant. Oh and what about EVERYONE teleporting all over the place? How was that fun? How is Diablo 3 not better than that? Fin. Expand
  18. May 22, 2012
    This game was fantastic! I can't believe it has such a low rating. I got the game for my birthday and played it a few days after the release and the servers were even running well with 3 computers playing it on my network (ping was usually under 100) so people should stop complaining about that. The game itself had an interesting storyline, amazing new skills and classes and new features which enhanced the game. Some of the things I was a little disappointed about at first because they were different from the first 2 games but once I got over that I actually liked the changes they made and might be annoyed when I don't have these new features in the older games. Expand
  19. May 22, 2012
    It's a great game. Don't let the whiners fool you. They are reviewing Blizzard instead of Diablo III. The game doesn't feel as atmospheric as Diablo II did, but it certainly hit the gameplay mark just fine. The story is on the weak side, the dialogue even weaker at times, but the inclusion of lore from previous games and active narration that doesn't make you quit playing is a nice touch. I do wish that the lore entries on enemies were narrated by your chosen character class rather than two characters who never spoke to you about them before (Cain and Abn al-Hazir), but it isn't game breaking. As for gameplay, I want to express that I after almost 17 hours of play I have not been bored one second. I have only just reached Act III, and being one who has to explore every nook and cranny of the map I feel qualified to say that even on the too-easy starting difficulty I've had a lot of fun and great moments. There is nothing like being surrounded by enemies, pulling them in with Ground Stomp, and slaying 41 enemies in one blow with Revenge. I like the graphics and, unlike some, feel that photorealism does not serve the gameplay experience in overhead games. Our point of view is already removed from reality. If it were first person like, say, Skyrim, then we have a reason for photorealism. But here, we do not. The characters do not look cartoonish to me as some have complained. The hand-painted environments, however, should have looked a bit less hand-painted.

I have only played extensively with the Barbarian class thus far, and I love it. The skill sets feel awkward to pull off given the action bar/mouse button combo, but the abilities themselves make for truly awesome moments of epic destruction. Using Ground Stomp with a Wrenching Smash rune in conjunction with a Mountain's Call-runed Earthquake ability leads to almost instant kills of large numbers of mobs. Combine that with Whirlwind when facing more powerful monsters and you've got some serious win. Not particularly necessary on Normal difficulty, but I am quite fond of the tactic so sue me.

The music is okay. I enjoy the gothic tones of the previous games which helped create a sense of loneliness. I've yet to hear the famous Tristram theme, one of my all time favorite pieces, and it's strange absence takes away from the game.

Overall, though, despite the shortcomings, the game has yet to fail me. I love hack and slash, I love that there is a story present, and that we are getting some loose story ends tied up here in this semi-finale for the series' legendary arc. Again, don't let the whiners fool you. It's a game, and it entertains immensely.
  20. May 22, 2012
    Fantastic game. Great sequel and wrap-up of the Diablo story, excellent gameplay and artistic approach, and definite replayability (if that's a word lol).
  21. May 22, 2012
    If you look at the negative reviews, you'll probably notice the two biggest complaints are: 1) Need to be online to play the game, and, 2) Server issues around the release date. The online component complaint is silly. Diablo 3 isn't the same type of game as Diablo 2, even though it's easy to get confused, since they're from the same franchise. D3 is actually a cleverly-disguised, free-to-play MMO that allows you to play most of the content solo. So if MMOs generally aren't your thing, you probably aren't going to like D3, but if you understand that an want to try a new one, you'll probably be pretty happy with the result. The server complaints are even more silly, because here it is, a week later, and things are stable as can be. I'd recommend you ignore any review written within the 5/15/12 - 5/20/12 date range, as the launch of any substantially-awaited online game tends to be fraught with grumpy customers who lack patience and get frustrated at the lack of instant gratification, rather than look at the long-term possibilities. As time goes by, lots more people will come around to this game and realize how knee-jerk and ridiculous the launch-week hysterics were. This is a quality game and has a lot of life right out of the box. No one who isn't a giant crybaby will be regretting buying this game 6 months to a year from now, once the realization dawns on them how fun this game can actually be. Expand
  22. May 22, 2012
    I firmly believe that this game deserves more than what you people are giving it, It is a pretty damn solid game that isent perfect but has the same kind of charm that Diablo 2 had and don't get up in a tantrum because there were server problems and don't blame blizzard! .GO after activition because their corporate control over blizzard causing the server crashes because they are constantly pushed to work on the real money auction house! That's why I am proud to give this game a 9/10. Expand
  23. May 22, 2012
    First of all I have to say LMAO to all the hackers and that one guy who's reviewed the game over and over again with a different user, exact same terrible grammar and exact same complaints.

Ok so being a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, I was overjoyed when I got access to Diablo 3 Beta and loving every second of my first play through of the beta (played through it plenty of times with all
    classes) I could not wait for the full game (had my collectors edition pre ordered) I got the game and installed and started playing with 0 issues on day 1. Diablo 3 is a fantastic game I like the fact that I don't have to allocate stats because I don't have to guess where to put them or look up builds which btw in Diablo 2 nobody had unique builds, each class only had a couple builds each that worked well. Now I don't need to guess when I'm using a monk hmmmm would it be better to level dex or int, same with the massive skill tree's with almost 0 way to reset points, Diablo 3 has plenty of skills to play around with which you aquire from leveling up, plus 5 rune stones for each skill which modify what the skill does. So let's break this down to actual numbers. Each class has 6 skill catagories 4 of those catagories have 4 skills and 2 have 5 skills that equals 22 skills with 5 modifying rune stones each THEN your character has another 15 passive skills so that's 37 skills per class with 130 ways to modify them so yeah that's a pretty extensive skill system.

Graphics, my only worry about Diablo 3 before playing it was that it was going to look to much like WoW, then I got into the beta and was pleasantly surprised, the graphics are not colorful like WoW there definetly dark like Diablo 2, they aren't state of the art like Battlefield 3 then again Diablo isn't a first person shooter, it's a top down action RPG and for a top down action RPG the graphics are good, the back round environment flows really well with the foreground, the character and monster animations are great.

I see people complaining about the story too, the story is fine, it certainly isn't inferior to Diablo 2's story they are on par with each other.

The sound and music is also fantastic, if I didn't know the team that worked on Diablo 2 wasn't involved with Diablo 3, I would be surprised that they aren't as the same twangy, moody, creepy music is still there and sounds great.

DRM this is where the whiny babies really shined! Ok having to be online to be able to play is annoying when the servers are down, I've been playing since the game came out and I haven't had one issue with the server, maybe its because I don't have time to play the game 24/7 and don't notice every little second of downtime but what I have played on average 2 to 3 hours a day since May 15th I've had 0 issues with the server. I can understand that a lot of people are going to base there bad review solely on DRM because they can't torrent the game for free, I for one found the $59.99 price tag or in my case $99 price tag worth every penny and I'm happy to support Blizzard.

In conclusion I personally love nostalgia i.e game remakes and long time span sequels and Diablo 3 DOES NOT disappoint in any aspect, I love playing the game and getting to area's that I've explored before and see there graphical improvements or coming across stuff like the moon clan and seeing how awesome they look in D3! I find it sad after reading a ton of these reviews where people are giving the game 0 because they have issues connecting to the server 15 minutes after the game launches, its pathetic really. So people please don't buy into the trolls, seek out the intellegently written reviews good or bad then base your decision on that. Worth the 11 year wait? YES DEFINETLY I can only hope that it doesn't take long for expansions and new content!!

10/10.
  24. May 22, 2012
    I am having some serious fun playing this game. In my case, most of my gaming friends don't live close to me anymore, so using Battlenet multiplayer is a good thing. We just use Ventrilo or mumble for VOIP. Alot of people wish it had a single player offline version. I agree with this. I would be online anyway, but I can see the point in it. Of-course it does suck if Blizzards servers go down or glitch out, like they did the first few days after release. That is why I am only giving the game a 9. However, The game is very fun. Act 1 and most of Act 2 in normal mode are pretty easy, but the difficulty does pick up alot. Before release I replayed Diablo 2. It was still a fun game. Seriously thou, Diablo 3 really does put it to shame in every aspect. I didn't like the idea of no more skill trees and stat points at first, but now I like the new system better than the old. When playing Diablo 2, I would lock into a couple talents and dump all the skill points into them to make them strong. The side effect is I am stuck doing the same thing throughout the game. Diablo 3 is not like that. You can configure your character for different situations like boss fights, outdoor, indoor, etc, and keep changing things up as you keep getting new talents/runes. Great game, lots of fun. I would recommend to anyone with a decent internet connection. Expand
  25. May 22, 2012
    This is an extremely fun game, and in the end that's really all that should matter. It is very different than Diablo 2, and most other action RPGs, in that it has removed a significant amount of the depth, placing a much greater emphasis on the 'action' part. There were some serious launch day issues, but for me and the people I know playing, those were taken care of withing 3-4 days, so should no longer really be a concern. I think most of the very low reviews are due to the fact that this isn't just an updated diablo 2, and residual frustration and the launch day issues.
    Diablo 2 was a 'loot' game, and for this reason, many people have also been calling diablo 3 a 'loot' game. I have to disagree. Does a bunch of loot explode out of enemies when you kill them? Yes. Do you need to get better stuff to progress? Yes. However, the item system has been so far simplified in diablo 3, you can decide pretty much instantly if a piece of equipment is better or worse. For weapons by far the most important number is the damage per second, written in large letters on the top of the card. For other equipment mostly what matters are buffs to your one primary stat, and perhaps also to a lesser extent vitality. Which elemental damage a weapon does doesn't seem to make any difference, and any game affecting effects happen with such low frequency that they don't really matter. What this means in the end is the only thing I spend any time considering with equipment is whether to salvage or sell it. In D2, you would spend a lot of time pondering the combined set of equipment and how to get your various buffs to work together to balance your performance. Not really the case I Diablo 3. Looting is a component, but a heavily de-emphasized one.
    So if Diablo 3 is not a loot game, what is it? The defining feature is the skill system. With around 30 active skills for each class, and a large number if passive skills, and several rune based variations there is an extroadinary number of builds. Every time I level up I rethink my whole skill distribution, and there seem always to be a few viable alternatives. All the various skill-rune combinations have their own visual effects, so testing out your new build is always entertaining. It apparently takes 2 play throughs to reach the cap, and with 5 classes to play there is a large amount of fun to be had. I'm not sure though how much fun it will be past the cap, since then all your'll have to play around with is the simplistic loot system, but no game lasts forever.
    My only real complaint is the lack of built in voice chat, which seems like a ridiculous oversight in this age of multiplayer games.
  26. May 22, 2012
    The game starts off slow, however once you make your way into nightmare and hell.... the game becomes GREAT. The higher difficulties are challenging and without the gear, you will possibly have trouble soloing parts of the game without hoarding the elites away! The game is perfect for anyone who would come back to diablo 2 every once in a while, just to enjoy its gameplay. MAIN FEATURE is that it is exactly like diablo 2, the game feels the same and also has alot of improvements! +10 Expand
  27. May 22, 2012
    Ok, dont listen to people **** the game because of the famous error 37 or something like that, this occur only in the first 24 hours of the launch, since then, the game has no connection bug at all. This game is very well done, graphic and environment are more then epic. Blizzard has done a great job in the gameplay this is the best Hack and Slash i've ever played. I'm going to play this game for years. Deserve a 10/10. Expand
  28. May 22, 2012
    The only real reason why this game has a 4.1 on the User Score is because the launch was "crappy". After 10 years of waiting and having changed the launch day twice people finaly got to play.... atleast they thought so. Unfortunately the servers couldnt hold the 5 million people trying to log in and kept crashing which of-course pissed alot of people off, and in their "being mad" they yust rushed to MetaCritic and clicked the 0, they didnt rate the game for its content they rated it for its start. Diablo III is one of the best games i have seen in a long while, you should definitely check it out and dont look at he user score too much.

Follow me on twitter for more Diablo 3 news and other gaming shenanigans @nielsboschh
  29. May 22, 2012
    As an Avid Diablo fan since the release of the first game. I am pleased with the new skill system, the difficulty and challenge of the final difficulty inferno, fun and the story that Blizzard has provided.

The games lore and story are fantastic, I loved the new characters and the directions old ones have taken. The graphics are beautiful and feel like a breathing painting, the
    characters, skills are all very well done, polished and fun to use. The game is at the point for me where i am struggling to focus on my build and choose which skills i like most. Gone is stacking 20 points into 3-4 skills and the useless skills i had to use in my trees to get to the one i wanted, gone is the tedious spam into vitality and the few points i needed to assign to other attributes to use items. The auction house is a welcome addition and i find a good part of my time exchanging goods on it as well as trying to find a good price for that all important upgrade.

As a core fan of the games, all the things i loved are back and better - i look forward to many years of Diablo III :)

Whilst the game has struggled in the first week to stand up, I'll gladly give it a week so i do not have to deal with the duping, cheating and various other issues that plagued Diablo II. People do not seem to understand why this game is online only, they think it is because of DRM, it is to combat the past issues that have been so common in the last 2 games.
  30. May 22, 2012
    I've been playing for a week and I love it. The game is paced very well. The action feels fluid and responsive. The loot feel appropriate and the graphics are very nice. Dark catacombs to sun bleached desert sands to demonic slag pits covered in blood and gore. It's all here.

The story is decent. The multiplayer is quite fun. It's trivially easy to jump into your friends games. My friends
    and I can't tear ourselves away from this game. It's fantastic. Expand
  31. May 22, 2012
    Disappointing but correct. Few contents and too much easy. But sounds, graphics and pleasure of bash monsters is present. This game is polished but i repeat , there is few contents.
  32. May 22, 2012
    My score has to be 8 (the game is great, but i hope something more from Diablo) but users are so stupid that gives 0 and 0 just for the server error, so my score must be 10.

Great game, thanks blizzard for coming back with Diablo.
  33. May 22, 2012
    Greatest game ever. I just finish the normal campain and I don't wonna stop me. It's like a drug. I liked story too , and I find a game not so easy like someone write here.
  34. May 22, 2012
    Writing this review I am around 40 hours into the game, halfway through nightmare difficulty - I feel like I'm ready to review it. I was a teenager when D1 came out and I was blown away by it spending countless hours in the dungeons and hells spawned under Tristram. Diablo 2 was no different for me and God only knows how many nights I spent playing it. I am a long time fan of the series and I was expecting Diablo 3 with great hesitation - after all can you make a game as good as Diablo 2 13 years later? The answer is simple - Blizzard is a kind of company that knows how to deliver and live up to absolutely crazy expectations... I give this game a 10. And it's not to pump up it's score in view of all the 0 marks given by people pissed off by DRM (I don't question their anger although I'm lucky enough not to have had any major problems apart of initial hours when it was somewhat expected). I give this game a deserved 10 because I haven't had that much fun playing a game for years. Diablo 3 immediately appeals to my nostalgia towards the series reviving all the great memories I have of the previous iterations and yet it brings so many cool new things to the table. The presentation, look and feel of the game are all excellent. Graphics are absolutely beautiful and the landscapes you are going to encounter will leave you breathless. The sound and music suit very well - hellish guitar riffs and ambient music of the desert will make you turn your volume up. The interface is clear, simple and functional. The story is OK, CGI spectacular as always from Blizzard. The skill system is absolutely brilliant - each of your 20 or so skills have several modifier runes often completely changing the skill. The so called Elective Mode lets you mix any combination of those runed skills together which leads to amazing amount of builds... every time you discover a build that works together and pump it up with the right gear it feels like you just invented yet another way to be powerful and is extremely satisfactory. The skill system itself is the big part of the game and one that provides the most fun. It replaced the "gearing game" to some extent - now it's not so much about upgrades of your gear - it's mostly about correct gear for correct set of skills. People see it as "dumbed down" and streamlined, I see it as refreshed and giving the game a whole new aspect. The only negative thing I can say about D3 that it's a bit too short although the replay value is obviously there with increased difficulty levels. I can't wait for the expansion already. So pick your arsenal and start ripping through hordes of demons. If you have a stable connection and patience for occasional down time (which I'm sure will be sorted by Blizzard soon enough) do yourself a favour and buy this game. I guarantee you it will provide you with hundreds of hours of pure fun. Expand
  35. May 22, 2012
    A lot of negativity that's undeserved here... I was hesitant to buy this game at first. But when it launched I watched a friend of mine play it and I was drawn in. I played Diablo 1 & 2 and they were great. I only played both of them a couple of times but for lots of hours those couple of times. I had a blast. So I bought D3 based on me seeing my friend playing it and how I liked the previous games. I don't regret it in the least bit. Yes you have to have a constant connection to the internet. Yes, at the moment you are disconnected from time to time with updates. That's the only reason I don't give it a 10. I wish there was offline play as well but I'm blessed with a constant connection because I pay for it. I say if you have internet and you are a gamer buy this game, you will not regret it. I play many many many games and I don't regret playing this one. many many many more hours ahead! :) Expand
  36. May 22, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. Love the areas, randomization, talking between your character and followers (scoundrel especially). Events are amazing - I played one area for 5 times and always saw different content. Cinematics are great.. Worth the money
  37. May 22, 2012
    As a fan of the series, I would like to give this game a solid 9, the only reason for not giving a 10 being the fact that it doesn't seem right to me for someone to not be able to play a single player campaign if his internet connection drops. Now that being said, how could some people review this game on May 15. Seriously, all bad reviews are posted on May 15, when you couldn't have possibly played the game for more than a few hours or at all. "The story is terrible", "What bothers me is the graphics and sound" and things like that, and then the game gets compared with Torchlight. I mean no offense, I like that game too, but how could that game possibly be less "cartoonish" or more complex that Diablo. Let's be serious. Personally I think some people were expecting of this something that cannot even be achieved. People are ridiculous.
    The game has all that the Diablo franchise is about: it has great loot, great graphics, great sound, great cinematics and it is still very addictive. It is truely great fun overall. EPIC!
  38. May 22, 2012
    Diablo III was fantastic, it's provided me the most fun I've had in the last year playing a PC game, that's counting Skyrim, ME3 and all the other good games that have come out in the past year. It has fantastic graphics, sound and gameplay, and even though as a longtime Diablo player, I would have liked to see the skill system remain the same way, they changed it and it's completely understandable. If leveling up and grinding through Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno searching for gear is what you want to do, Diablo is the perfect place to do it. Excited for an expansion to continue the story and add more content, but what we've got right now is pretty darn awesome too. Expand
  39. May 22, 2012
    Great game! Played the first, the second and now this one.. the game has everything you come to expect from a Blizzard game!

I don't like the fact that i need to be connected to the internet to play single player mode but i understand why blizzard did that. Right from the start of the game you get the feeling that there is a long thought process behind every element in the game.

I didn't
    finish the game yet, but i'm in act 3 right now and enjoying every second of it. Cant wait to unlock the other difficulty's because the normal difficulty is too easy :) Expand
  40. May 21, 2012
    Played this game since it came out and going to give a very honest review of it not somebody raging about how they can't log in. The point of a review about a game is to review the gameplay, not give opinions about how you dislike a certain marketing choice (the item market) or how you can't log in. From a gameplay standpoint and comparing it to the other games like this that I've played through (Diablo 1,2, and Torchlight) Diablo 3 is superior in all aspects. The game really shows how much development time went into its making. As usual for a Blizzard game it is polished in every way possible and performs brilliantly even on my more mid end laptop. They bring back all of your old favorites character wise which really helps the feeling of nostalgia settle in for us Diablo 1 veterans. But enough about old things we real gamers like new stuff and its Diablo THREE so there must be new fun toys to play with. And there are. Lots of abilities that look and have a great feel to them for all classes. You really feel like you want to play through the game over with each class because you feel like you're missing out if you don't. As far as the feel of the setting goes it is just as dark as ever if not more so. The addition of depth adds a lot to the world of Sanctuary and the gore is off the charts as should be expected of a Diablo game. Seriously while being online all the time might not be super fantastic I have yet to run into a problem with the servers and I've played every day since release so make sure your connection isn't the problem before blaming Blizzard. Other than that its one of the most solid gaming experiences you'll ever have! Enjoy it. Expand
  41. Fix
    May 21, 2012
    This game is very fun and very addicting. It's not often that I get sucked into a game like I have with Diablo 3. Clearing dungeons with groups of people is awesome. I love that gear isn't BOE. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2300+ negative scores are people whining about DRM. I like being able to chat with my battle.net friends from other Blizzard games so I would always be connected to the internet regardless. Also, playing solo isn't nearly as fun as playing in a group. Expand
  42. May 21, 2012
    Very entertaining game tainted by always online drm and linear leveling. Though I don't understand all the people complaining regarding graphics. It is a hack'n'slash game, not a fps, hence why we have the isometric view. The graphic style is impressive and Blizzard did not go overboard so a wide range of people can enjoy this game. The sound is also above average. The classes are varied and the plethora of spells and runes (spell modifiers) offer a wide range of customization. With that in mind, the enjoyment gets a bit tainted by always online drm and a very linear system of leveling. While on the first glance it seems you have limited choices regarding spells, the system is satisfying and lets you modify your characters abilities as well as spells. Blizzard has tried something new, and I applaud them for it. It seems that most people wanted Diablo 2 with better graphics, or were expecting a WoW 2. I for one enjoy the game tremendously - though I do feel for the people that can't play due to lag or hacking issues. Expand
  43. May 21, 2012
    Ok, besides the first day (May 15th), the servers have been great. And as far as I am concerned, the game is awesome. The Barb totally rocks, the co-op is nice, and there are over 1 trillion different builds with runes. I will definitely be playing this game through a few times.
  44. May 21, 2012
    Hey guys! I'll let you in on a secret here... Diablo III is an amazing game! Blizzard has delivered on every part of their promise to make the game just superb. See all these idiots ranking game with zeros and ones? It's because they are retarded! And now I don't mean it as an insult, really, it's rather obvious. For example Schweinehund (Germans, eh?) over there cries about the game requiring internet connection and rates the game with zero (he probably didn't even get in yet O.o). Why does he buy a game when it expressly says all over the internet for yeaaaaaars that this is gonna be the way that D3 is. Another guy rates with 1 because of graphics AND sounds? O.o Graphics are amazing, it's Blizzard style, so yea, it's a little cartoonish, if you don't like it, your loss. Again, you shouldn't have purchased the game in the first place, videos and images are all over the internet. Not that graphics were really ever any issue if the game is fun, right? And Diablo III is funny as HELL! When it comes to sounds, few games sound better, really. I must admit that soundtrack ain't no Elder Scrolls style nor quality, it's not bad, it doesn't bother but you'll barely notice the music except for a few exceptions. The sound effects on the other hand are fabulous! Every bash and smash (talking 'bout Barbs here), every meteor and blizzard (guess;) sounds just how it should sound and more. There's one thing you have to keep in mind, Diablo III is still a loot-oriented action RPG, right? So if you never enjoyed Diablo II, chances are you won't like D3 either, although it's not a rule in this case. Diablo has seriously evolved in the last twelve years and you'll notice right as you jump into the game. Each level feels rewarding, you have nearly unlimited skill customization options, you steer your character's stats through gearing differently instead of manually distributing points each level. All in all, although I had had my doubt before they released the game, it's better. Every character of a certain class is absolutely the same at the top level, if standing naked with no skills assigned. But when gear and your preferences with spells kick in, you get a completely different character than others have. You can easily switch between solo oriented skill set and party set. There's so much to explore that one playthrough is never enough. Then there is a guy here claiming that normal mode playthrough takes 2 hours, well... even the first act takes double that time if you're rushing, if you're taking it leisurely to actually have some fun along the way, it takes about 6 hours. Anyway, for all of you who aren't retarded and don't buy games that don't suit you when you know they won't, Diablo III is out there, go play and see for yourself. Blizzard did it again! :) Expand
  45. May 21, 2012
    What happened to the good old days when you could enjoy a game for what it is instead of hating it for what it isn't. I judge a game by how fun it is and for me this game is a blast. I grew up with the diablo series and this game fits right in. Is it perfect, no, but everyone needs to quit hating. The world is so negative now days. Try and have some fun.
  46. May 21, 2012
    This game only receives a 5 from me. It was fun for the first few hours but there is no reason to continue playing. The game just doesn't have that addictive feeling that most good games have.
  47. May 21, 2012
    Like many others, I found the launch day connectivity issues quite troublesome; however, that doesn't change the fact that this is an amazing game.

I have played through the game on normal difficulty once as a monk and found the combat to be fast paced and enjoyable. I think there is a good variety in the numbers and compositions of the groups of enemies you fight. Though you can only
    have six abilities usable at one time, I find there to be a large and viable variety in which abilities you pick and how you use them. Abilities can be augmented by runes you pick up as you level. The random loot system works well, but there might a little too much white and grey quality items that drop, causing the player to either use town portal to go back to town and sell/salvage/store items, drop lower quality items in favor of higher quality items, or to not even pick up some of the lower quality items at all.

I found the voice actors for the main characters to be of high quality and I don't particularly have any objections to the music.

Due to the high level of blood and gore, some people should not buy this game, but if you are unsure I advise buying the game, it is well worth it. Beyond the blood and gore, I find the graphics to be pretty good quality.

I found the story to be engaging from beginning to end. I found the characters to be compelling and interesting, even though I didn't like all of them as people.

The cinematics were at the level I have come to expect from Blizzard: sheer excellence.

In conclusion, this is a great game and well worth the cost.

P.S. I would be shocked if the connectivity problems from launch day occur again, though it is likely that they will take servers down from time to time to perform maintenance.
  48. May 21, 2012
    Seems like we have 33% of people expecting WoW 2, 33% expecting Skyrim (A single player RPG) and 33% who actually know what Diablo is. A MULTIPLAYER hacknslash.

I don't judge a game by its servers on the first week. I judge it by its content, and its content is perfect. The skill system is truly revolutionary and has blown the old talent tree system out of the water.

Never before have 5
    classes felt so unique, and with such endless combos and possibilities. It is simply remarkable.

Haters gunna hate, the truth is Blizzard have another masterpiece.
  49. May 21, 2012
    Plenty of hack-n-slash antics and piles of shiny loot, just another day in Sanctuary. I don't really understand the always-online uproar, generaly speaking most computers are on a constant connection these days anyways. I think there is a knee-jerk reaction to all DRM these days, it reminds me of the people who whinned about Steam when it made the scene. And I don't mind the lack of modding, as many people tend to use it just for farming items (or just straight up cherry picking them into thier inventory). Finally, to people complainning about graphics I don't think we're playing the same game. Expand
  50. May 21, 2012
    Isn't it obvious Blizzard toned down graphics, simplified everything, made it linear etc. ON PURPOSE? They're a big company making games to appeal to a large casual/mainstream audience. They need a fanbase that consists more than nostalgic, aging Diablo 2 players. It's not 1998 anymore. For what it's SUPPOSED to be, it's not a bad game at all.
  51. May 21, 2012
    The lag issues that have persisted during peak hours is certainly a nuisance, but that hasn't stopped me from logging 30 hours into the game since its release. That's more than can be said of many offline, moddable games with LAN-support that I've played.
  52. May 21, 2012
    This is a no spoiler review. First of all, I will start with the bad things. Always online-DRM can get pretty annoying due to constant errors that DC you or won´t allow you to log in. But when I look back, the Diablo II launch was not really ideal either. Next minus is the story. I know this is a game with emphasis on action, but the story is just incredibly predictable. I like the voice acting, characters, follower stories, but the story in the whole was just too predictable - I am not lying when I said I knew what will happen next all the frickin time. A little bit broken thing are the legendaries in this game. My opinion and I think it was intended to be like this - is that the legendaries should be the most powerful. They are not, many of them are weaker then some blues sadly, hope that will be fixed. I do not really like the idea of the auction house, but that´s just my personal problem. This leads to the next problem - the armor/weapon design is very very poor. The final sets in this game are just plain boring. They don´t really give you the feeling of uniqness and power. Now to the good things. First, I want to give blizzard a big hug for the cinematics. They are just Amazing. The cinematic at the end of the act I just blew off my mind. The soundtrack is not bad, but is often not heard in the battles. But the OST play in the key parts of the game and otherwise works pretty well. The effect sounds are fantastic and the voice acting is in my opinion just astonishing (monk male, greatest quotes). Graphics are great and the gameplay is awesome. I love the rune system and the diablo action style is better then in diablo II. The exploration is highly enjoyable, you can find lore books, beast lore, rare enemies everywhere, as well as big amount of small dungeons, that are scattered troughout the whole world. Achievements are a WoW copycat thing sadly (they are identicalú, but I personaly adore the ach. system (me being PS trophy lover) so I am happy with that. I have not encountered any gameplay wise technical issues, co-op works great and the inferno difficulty is awesome. Which gets us to the great replayibility this game has - if you like item hoarding, this is the game for you, it is basically item porn. Still looking forward to PvP. So my verdict would be 9 out of 10. Minuses are the story, DRM and little fixable game issues. This game was worth the wait. Expand
  53. May 21, 2012
    This game does an amazing job with balancing out 4-players to 1-player and being fair no matter how many people there are. DRM, not a big deal, why buy a multiplayer game if you have no internet connection? no LAN, blizzards lost too much money from LAN to keep it in, its simple business. Story line or graphics to bad, sucks for you cause this game is played to kill random mobs for the fun of it. its takes a game and narrows it down to the basics for max enjoyment. If you don't like it because of b.net connections then give it a couple days if weeks after it came out its still buggy then complain but within its first week its always going to have simple problems and there is no point complaining about it. People had the same reaction to D2 when it first came out and now its treated as a revolution in gaming, i can guarantee that in 5 years D3 will be thought of as one of the best games of its time. only -1 point for minor details in the game that could make it better. Expand
  54. May 21, 2012
    Ignore all the butt-hurt idiots whining the game sucks because they couldn't log in day one, or because it made a drastic change of game mechanics from Diablo 2. This is a fantastic game. It has captured the look, sound and feel of Diablo and then some. For veterans of the series, you'll find yourself flying through Normal mode while utterly destroying everything, having the real challenge come in Hell and Inferno modes. No problem there. The graphics are phenomenal, each class is fun to play and unlike Diablo 2, gold is actually a currency as opposed to gems, Stone of Jordan's and poison runes. My best advice is to ignore the idiots who are giving negative reviews -without even playing the game- and looking to rage about really frivolous things. If you're a Diablo fan, or a newcomer, I strongly recommend this game. Expand
  55. May 21, 2012
    OK, first off, ignore the bad user review. All of those people are complaining because of DRM, launch day server issues and inferiority for Diablo 2, not to do with the game at all.

The game runs very smoothly, and while the graphics aren't ground-breaking, the effects are nice looking and the game generally looks very good. The sound and the story, and especially the multiplayer
    functions are also very good.

The game is just fun. while it may not be as in-depth Diablo 2, it's still a great game, with a lot of replayability
  56. May 21, 2012
    To those who are new to the series, pay little attention to the unfavorable reviews of the game (most of which are poorly written, defended inadequately and generally pretty hateful). The game really is a work of art in many respects. The environments are rich in detail, destructible and engaging. The combat is a thing of glory â
  57. May 21, 2012
    This is a perfect sequel. I've been a Diablo fan since its inception so many years ago and have continued playing Diablo 2 of and on through the years until 7 months ago. Diablo 3 meets and exceeds every single one of my hopes and expectations for the game. I have played all 5 characters and each one shines in its own way. The Monk, Wizard, and Demon Hunter, though, are tied for my favorites. The gameplay, visuals, and sound are all remarkable.

The gameplay is simple, elegant, but satisfying. As a dungeon crawler you quickly run through randomly generated corridors blasting monsters to bits and obtaining glorious loot.

The visuals are stunning. At times I find myself standing on the edge of a cliff just marveling at the distant shrines, river, or rainbow. The visual effects of all the skills combines to make a perfect canvas to beat down foes against.

The sound is spectacular! Ambient creepy overtones with perfectly places music over top the splattering and exploding objects and death cries of the monsters. The soundscape is perfectly painted.

And even still, there are so many other loves I have of this sequel that I don't want to get into: shared stash and gold, storytelling on-the-go, skills and runes, crafting...

I love this game. :-)
  58. May 21, 2012
    Honestly, I dont see what all the fuss is about. This game is exactly what I expected, yea the launch sucked, and yea there were server issues for the first couple of days, but that is all ironed out now, you cant review a game after it has been out for only a day. I have found the game since launch to be incredibly enjoyable. The story was good, the graphics were adequate, and it had plenty of opportunity to keep playing it. I dont see myself getting bored of this game any time soon, and the co-op mode with friends is pretty amazing. So far so good Blizzard, keep it up. Expand
  59. May 21, 2012
    Good game, what a difference that write bad about it? Use your head and evaluate for yourself! The main let fix some problems with lags, which are sometimes...
  60. May 21, 2012
    This game is awesome, I think its stupid that some people think its garbage because they keep getting DC and the part with Tyrael not being original.... Who cares like honestly the game came out only a week ago of course your going to DC alot and it doesn't matter that the Tyrael part was original you know why because almost every game has taken something from a movie/game and there still awesome. I think this game deserves a 9 because not only is the story good IMO I think the story has great replay value and the multiplayer is awesome when you play with friends, and the difficulties are cool like hardcore mode... Blizzard doesn't deserve the 2300 negative user scores because so called "haters" didn't like how they did things with this game... well here's an idea don't play the game then like seriously if all you have is hate to give then keep your mouth shut! And this complaining about the graphics WAAAHH graphics don't make a great game plus the people saying the story sucks like wtf? Its a good story and im pretty sure blizz is making expansion packs for the future to come. They did this to mass effect 3 now Diablo... NO! Just what im saying is, if you don't like it don't play it and don't leave your **** comments for people who do like it Expand
  61. May 21, 2012
    Thank you for many years has been worth bekledgınıze sticks his palm perfectly yalasınlar bilizzard the lowest score in those consoles Happy varsın I think they are mainly
  62. May 21, 2012
    The game is awesome. It is a lot of fun and addicting. It has the nostalgic of when I played D2. People complain about the graphics, but what they don't realize it was smart on Blizzards move to make the game accessible to everyone no matter what their system requirements are. Even the Macbook Air runs the game see Kotaku's article.

There are only a few problems I have with it and one is
    you have to be connected to Blizzard servers to play. Which is good for 'cloud' storage of your character and to prevent all those hack mods that was apparent in D1 and D2 so it is a trade.

Another one would be the story, it is good but not what I thought it would be. I think they played it safe. I will leave it at that so I leave no spoilers.

I have been playing Diablo and Diablo 2 since their first release and with that experience I'd like to say that this game is worthy of the Diablo series name. Go enjoy.
  63. May 21, 2012
    I somewhat expected the launch day to be crazy with server issues as Blizzard games tend to be one of the few companies who would have millions of people trying to log in at the same time. Having an IT background I am more forgiving on this as I have been in that situation where despite your preparation it is crazy to have that many people logging in at the stroke of midnight. Also on the topic of DRM I think from a business stand point this is the way to go keep pirating down. Lord knows they lost a lot of profits when Diablo 2 released with cd-key generators and other means of pirating. I know some say do it like Steam were thereâ Expand
  64. May 21, 2012
    Disregard the low User Score. People were angry with the server issues and gave the game a very low score, when really their "reviews" had nothing to do with the actual game.

So here is my honest opinion of the game:

Graphics - Are great; at first I thought they looked to similar to WoW, but after really paying attention, it is awesome to see the detail on some of the enemies from
    Diablo 2 (i.e. Fallen). The levels look amazing too, down to every blood smear. THE CUT SCENES ARE AMAZING!!!! graphically speaking. Also, each item has a different look on each different class, so it is easier to "look the part."

Sound - The Sound is good. The voice acting is very good, and the MUSIC is GREAT. It really sets the tone for the game, and is new and fresh, while still being giving you that nice sense of nostalgia.

Gameplay - There are some latency issues that cause lag, but for myself (using wireless) it usually isn't too big an issue. Controls are fairly standard, and the ability to remap your powers is very handy. The physics are well done.
    The game has lots of replay-ability, especially if you love to dungeon crawl and farm for awesome loot. The leveling system at first seems gimped, but when you get into it and figure out what you're doing, it is much larger and more in depth than Diablo 2. Removing the stats from the game takes away one more thing to worry about if you aren't into micro managing, but personally I liked having the power to control my stats. You can still control your stats, but only to the extent of equipping gear with the desired stat increase.
    Follower seem able enough, and if nothing else a couple of them have decent passive skills that can help you (example: health regen). The Auction House and Crafting are currently at odds; no need to put money into crafting if you can just buy stuff in the Gold Auction house (or Real Money Auction house). However, I see the two eventually hitting a nice equilibrium, where you craft rare items and then sell them in the Auction House.
    There are random quests you can find while exploring that give you reason to check out every little nook and cranny, and they are a nice addition to the monotony of dungeon crawling.

Overall, Diablo III is everything I wished for in a new entry to the series. While it is different, it is hardly ever for the worse. It is worth every bit of its price tag, and I cannot wait to get every class leveled up to 60! If you are a die hard Diablo fan, you can't go wrong with this game (unless you are an uber-fanboy, who constantly complain about everything on the forums, and, for the majority, posted the below negative QQ reviews).

tl;dr: Best Game I've played in a while, and probably for a long time to come :)
  65. May 21, 2012
    There are only 2 things that I can complain about.
    1- Why Blizz made Normal mode i can go pass it with finger in my as*.
    2- I start playing 20 may becouse there are no copies in my country in any shop (poor Blizzard)
  66. May 21, 2012
    The characters are diverse, the settings stunning, and the gameplay if involved without being overwhelming (most of the time). The are style is absolutely stunning. I love being able to jump into a game with my wife or friends. In short - it is a lot of fun. I'm going to be spending many years with this game!
  67. May 21, 2012
    *No Spoilers.* Diablo 3 is a triumph. From the absolutely stunning art direction to the immersive sounds and music, D3 is professionally built and expertly refined and polished in every area. The gameplay is of course similar to D2 except every clunky or annoying part of D2 has been ironed out or redesigned for a more fluid, intuitive experience. This is not to say that D3 is somehow a shallower or simpler game than its predecessor. 4 difficulty levels, endless skill combinations, and a complex and rewarding crafting system make the game a joy to play at every stage and a challenge to self-avowed hardcore gamers who seek the perfection. Every worry that came up during the beta, whether it was that the game would be too easy or "not dark enough" has been laid to rest. The story line is fantastic and full of twists nobody could have predicted.

If you are interested in trying D3 for free, ask your friends who already own it for a guest pass (they received a few in their game box) or check online for people who are giving away their spare guest pass keys.

And please, don't heed reviews that were written on launch day (May 15, 2012). Not only had none of those reviewers played the full game, but launch was rocky due to the influx of players on the servers. Lag spikes are all but gone at this point.
  68. May 21, 2012
    Awesome game. Another great sequel in the Diablo series. Looking forward to the real money auction house. Can't wait to play with my friends, highly recommended!
  69. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is incredible. After 12 years of waiting, I can say without a hint of reservation that this is the one game I've played since Grand Theft Auto IV that has delivered. That being said, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. There have been a number of changes which may polarize diehard fans of the original, but that I think make for a more enjoyable experience. Diablo 3 is a cooperative game. The loot system ensures that everyone gets their own drops. You know longer have to be the fastest clicker to get loot.

The combat is more interactive. You have a set of abilities to choose from that work like a toolkit. You can customize your character on the fly and choose abilities that work better with different classes.

For instance, I play a Barbarian. If I'm grouped with a lot of ranged, I'll use my AoE stuns, and taunts. I also plug in my defensive traits. If I'm running with other melee, I'll use my cleave abilities etc. If I'm soloing, I'll run offensive abilities.

The trait system is like Guild Wars. You have a set of abilities, up to six at any given time which you can swap in and out as well as some passive abilities that add things like extra crit, more health drops, etc.

Also, gone is the potion-spamming **** You can actually play this game. You don't just run into a group of enemies spamming pots, and praying you don't get gibbed. You can actually use your brain to solve problems.

You don't die as much. This isn't a bad thing. Diablo 2 was known for just kind of **** you every now and again. Diablo 3 will still **** you over, but only if you're a derp. In Diablo 3, you can actually use strategy to succeed as opposed to cookie cutter builds, must-have equipment, and button spam.

As for the red scores. I get it. Blizzard's servers were down on launch. They're up now. They're stable, and the game rocks. If you want to play the natural evolution of a genre-creating title, get Diablo 3. You won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for the same old, exploit-ridden derp-fest that is diablo 2. Then just buy Diablo 2. Also, if you want to skip all that real money auction house **** Play on Hardcore.
  70. May 21, 2012
    I've loved Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 is a nice suit. The game had been simplified by Blizzard with caract but still interesting. The graphism are good and even with connexions issues I've finished it in normal and now can play in hell. An offline mode would have been good but i can understand that Blizzard doesn't want to cause of hack... maybe in a new patch...
    Sorry for my English...not so good.
  71. May 21, 2012
    Its not often that a game captivates me, drawing me to play it for hours on end. Diablo 3 has, and fails to disappoint. Diablo 3's Visuals are stunning and vibrant, though not photo realistic, they captivate and engross you in the wonderful world blizzard have created. Diablo 3's visuals take big steps forward from its predecessors, but not too many to take the game away from what is was, alienating veteran players. The audio is strong, vibrant and fitting, especially during the beautiful cinematics. There are also several nostalgic touches such as the sound of healing urns when used, brought from Diablo 2. Fans of the series will no doubt pick up on these details. Game play is top notch. Every element of the game has been thoroughly thought out. Everything just works without a hitch. There have been some bold changes such as taking away skill point allocation, but fortunately these changes work and bring new life to the game. The Controls work well, although it is just a few keys on the keyboard and a mouse. I have read a lot of complaints regarding the 'Internet connection required', and constant server disconnection issues. I may be one of the lucky ones, but I have not yet experienced a single issue since launch, and I have been playing Diablo 3 a lot! Having finished the game twice, and still wanting to play more, I say its money well spent. Thank you Blizzard for taking the time to create such a great sequel. Expand
  72. May 21, 2012
    Really great game. Blizzard have managed to create a game with the gameplay from the second game, and the mood from the first. Only have positive things to say about the game. I see a lot of flaming about downtime etc, but what the hell do people expect? To the flamers that expected 100% uptime after launch, grow some balls and try to understand the issues related to a release this massive. It isnt the latest version of solitare. Great game, great story, awesome overall. Ty Blizzard! Expand
  73. May 21, 2012
    Ok so there were some issues with the services in the beginning. But we are talking hours, not days. Slating the game as a whole for that is just outright wrong.

The game is wonderful. I'm having more fun with this game than any other game in a long time. I played Diablo 1, Hellfire, Diablo 2 and LoD when they were released, and I'm totally satisfied with Diablo 3.
  74. May 21, 2012
    After completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more fun i'm sure. Gameplay - 10/10
    The sound is really as good as Diablo II although the music is very different, but still very good. Voice acting is also great although I was a bit disapponted with Diablo's voice. Sound - 10/10
    The graphics are also very nice, but of course the new art direction sometimes reminds us about Warcraft too much. I hoped that it would be a bit darker, but it is possible to change the colors and contrast with a kind of a "mod". The character models are really interesting (although again, it would have been nice if there was more effort put in Diablo's ingame model) and all the places also look really great. Graphics - 9/10
    And finally the story. I will try not to spoil anything by only writing abstract thoughts about some storyline decisions. Unfortunately, it is the weakest aspect of Diablo III. It was really predictable and some characters are just not right for Diablo universe. It seemed as if there was not a lot of effort put into it. Especially the storyline about the Black Soulstone was a bit too simple I think. The main chracters were all interesting, although the scoundrel and the jeweler were kind of annoying. Also I didn't really like what was done to Tyrael. The ending was good but it left some trivial and more serious unanswered questions. I think that there could have been a bit more explaining about what happened after the last boss fight. With that been said I think the story (and Diablo's voice) was the only thing that disapponted me a bit, but it wasn't bad of course - it just could have been better. Story - 8/10
    So my final rating would be 9.25/10 but I am giving it 10 because the majority of bad ratings here were given just because these people couldn't log in to the game or just couldn't pirate it because of constant online connection. Of course, it had serous launch problems, but those angry with this should't have come here and rate the game 0, they should wait for Blizzard to fix them. So, thank you, Blizzard for going away from WoW a bit and giving us a sequel to one of the best games of all time, not ruining it in the process. People are definitely going to play Diablo III for years to come.
  75. May 21, 2012
    I doubt this will even be looked at, but I feel like I have to say something in the wake of so much negative reaction from the Metacritic user base. First of all, is the game perfect? No. There is no getting away from the always on connection and lag in a single player game from time to time -- both of which are a pain. However, these are gripes that can and will be ironed out; offline mode added, number of servers increased, etc.

Once you get into the game, it's still the most enjoyable isometric franchise I can ever remember playing. Combat is satisfying and challenging at higher levels. The classes all have a distinct and differentiated feel about them. The story is good, but the amount rich lore there is to uncover completely enhances it. Graphics could have been better. Environments are stunning but character models definitely have more than a touch of Warcraft about them. I understand that there is a lot going on in certain dungeons, and I've debated with myself if the pros outweigh the cons in this area. I concluded that considering the amount of strain it puts on your system I expect a better end result in this day and age. It's not a gamebreaker by any means, though. In some ways the sound makes up for it. Voice acting, backing tracks, combat effects: all note perfect.

With more content to be added in the future, such as PvP, I do think the potential is there for this game to last years. Some will question if it's better than Diablo 2. The answer is: of course it is. The real question is: is playing the game now in 2012 better than when you first started playing Diablo 2 way back in the late 90's? That's trickier, and only you can answer that one. I can't get past my nostalgia to give a definitive answer, and I suspect ultimately it comes down to how long I genuinely want to keep playing the game for. The best I can say is that I want to want to keep playing it, because right now it's currently my game of the year.
  76. May 21, 2012
    PLEASE READ BEFORE GIVING A BAD REVIEW!

So it has been 11 years since Diablo II. Blizzard took longer than it needs and Diablo 3 is not perfect, but it does set a new standard for RPG.
    Constant Connection: ok, not everyone is happy with this. Some people still doesn't even have internet or very slow one. But if by doing this, it creates a fair and none-hackable environment then I'm
    willing to live with it.
    Skill set: this is awesome! Setting the skill table like this, players can create a bunch of combinations as the style they like and don't need to waste money or coin or reset their points. Good Job! but I expect more choices and unique gameplays, either a new character or 2nd rune level.
    Graphic: not the best but it can be played by regular computer or laptop so you dont need highest quality graphic card. Should have an option for higher resolution for hardcore players. Auction House: I don't like rich kids get to pound ass but it is a choice. Honest players should be able to make money for their hard work. People says Blizzard trying to make money out of this but I don't see how since the money goes straight to another player and they don't sell coins for US $. The transaction fees is transaction fees, lol, for paypal and the people work in it. Others: No more identify and portal scrolls, omg, yes! Fun with friends, yes! A massacre bloodbath, yes, but more nasty, more blood and more creepy please! 9 out of 10, it's really good but can be improve. Thank U Blizz.
  77. May 21, 2012
    This game being my first endeavor into the Diablo universe, or even a blizzard game at that, I was fully expecting some pretty complicated menus and stat spreads or whatever the hell those things are called. I am not in any respect a casual gamer, and though I may piss some hardcore RPG players out there, I found the the streamlined game to be very helpful in getting me to feel pretty badass from the get go. I did not get the game the first day and have not as of yet experienced any online connectivity problems due to the server being over-loaded. I want to go play Diablo very soon so BOTTOM LINE: It is a very fun game that is streamlined for new players, which understandably pisses off the vets. Although it should be more complicated with a little more customization options, the gameplay itself is absolutely outstanding. I mostly play an 360 hooked up with an HDMI, and I am a prissy little **** when it comes to graphics, but I found myself not really giving a **** about this game's graphics because of the sheer fun I was having. This is the first game to take me away from Skyrim for a bit (but **** the world when Dawngaurd comes out.) I did not give it a perfect 10 because ....well holy **** I can't think of a reason not to give it a perfect 10. You can dye your armor, that's enough customization for me. Please pardon the ****ing swearing. Expand
  78. May 21, 2012
    People are ridiculous. I mean i'm sorry but blizzard knows the potential for this game to be pirated and I for one agree with their decision to make it online all the time play. I mean nobody **** about wow being online always. and honestly with the threat of piracy it could literally make this games sales a complete failure. this is because diablo 3 is all about the main story so if you could pirate and play the games single player offline.. then you could play the entire game all the way to lvl 60 and play any character you want and experience ALL of the currently available content other than playing with your friends.. then i ask you what would be the point of buying the full game? piracy is a very real threat to gaming companies and i agree with any of them that do something like this to protect what they have created. everyone complains....... BUT ITS OUR FAULT we created this problem by stealing games and now we are paying for it and by god its time to pay the piper (and the mob goes wild with anger at a problem they started). game developers dont pirate their own games WE DO!!!!! ITS OUR FAULT that they have to take extreme steps such as this. I can only imagine how hard it is to make a decision like this and to know how much the community will be angry about it, but what choice have we given them? i mean really think about it for a second. they put a lot of hard work into this game and they dont deserve to have it pirated by millions of people. and for those dissapointed with graphics, they may not be battlefield 3 graphics BUT with the amount of spells and enemies and things going on in the game and especially with multiple players there's no way it could work nor could anyone's rig handle it and that is why the graphics cant be as good as something like battlefield but i think they're great just the same :D. ALL you have to do is look at a game like dwarf fortress or mine craft and see how those games can challenge even the very best PC's to run i mean dwarf fortress is aski script for gods sake and people with quad SLI and 4.6 GHZ processors still feel lag in the later parts of the game ( i dont hear anyone complaining about the graphics in those games). the game is fantastic and everyone is just upset that they have to pay for it.. SO GET OVER IT. spend some of your money instead of stealing other peoples hard work. and i have also heard others say that it is to short and that they beat it. I highly doubt it. maybe they beat one play through. well wake up people that is just the tutorial the real game begins when you are lvl 60 playing through the highest difficulty and that is where the real game takes place and the real challenges begin. each group of enemies is so extremely challenging. the first play through is a walk in the park so why not try playing the REAL game and then tell us what you think. All in all I would suggest this game to anyone and everyone.. and no im not a crazy fan boy.. i dont like diablo 1 or 2 and i only got Diablo 3 because i had the annual pass for WOW.. but oh my was i pleasantly surprised with this GEM of a game. IT IS FANTASTIC. more than ever this game is much better and more appealing to a wider audience than the other two games but still has everything a hardcore fan could want in a sequel. the game is just a great time and with friends its even better, story(8/10)- the story is dark and gritty and doesnt take itself to seriously for the most part. I for one loved it!
    Sound (10/10)- The music is best in series and amazing in every way.
    Graphics (9/10)- the graphics are nice and the spell effects are great i love the feel and look of the world!
    Gameplay (9/10)- Fun and easy to get into yet very difficult, versatile and satisfying as the game goes on
    Multiplayer(10/10)- one of the best coop games to date! FUN AS HELL!
    Interface(9/10)- nice polished and easy to use interface, it works perfectly.

the game is great (DRM or not) and if you want a fun challenge to delve deep into and spend a long time mastering and a great coop experience to have then this game will not disappoint. the story, world and soundtrack are all beautiful in their own right and because of these elements you will quickly find yourself deeply immersed in the dark world of Diablo!
  79. May 21, 2012
    Great game. I was really worried about Blizz efforts to make this game stand out and improve upon the predecessor. But they didn't fail. Suprisingly the new environmental mechanics proved to be extremely fun. Classes are varied and interesting. Story is detailed and captivating. I think I would still prefer talent trees to this strange skill slot sytem, but it is not that big of a deal. One thing I don't like is that I can't play singleplayer due to online server maintanance. But I guess this is the price of living in our times. Generally - really cool game, Blizzard delivered once again, I would recommend this to any hack'n'slash and rpg fun. Collapse
  80. May 21, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER I HAVE PLAYED IT SO MUCH AND CANT STOP PLAYING AND I NEED TO DO HOMEWORK GOD DAMNIT STUPID SCHOOL I WANNA PLAY DIABLOOOooooooooZOMGLOLroflmao
  81. May 20, 2012
    From he familiar roots of Diablo two, comparing it to three is like comparing it to a set of identical twins. ithe game stays to its roots and provides that interesting and fun challenge that comes to it. from the interesting gameplay, to the continuation of awesome legends like Decard Cain and Tyrael, Diablo three expands off of Diablo 2 and makes it even better.
    The gameplay is
    simplifyed, and true no skill trees, but that doesent define how good the game is supposed to be, why whine if something is easier for you to do? the game still provides interesting skill choices and combinations that creates that strategy that i love about the game. perhaps it would be better if it was slightly longer, as a fan i always wish it was so, but even then there should be no dispute, Diablo 3 is as every bit a classic as i wish, well worth the 59.99 i paid for it.
    and quite honestly, id like to add that sure you unlock stuff at every level but thats a strength not a weakness, i enjoy everytime i level my Wizard class avatar to see what new tricks i can unleash against the Burning Hells.
  82. May 20, 2012
    Even I encounter a secious problem while installing (which take a whole day to solved), but once I played and found out that Blizzard still at thier best! Diablo 3 is the best Action RPG with new system has been improved from the second, make you addicted and want to keep playing through.
  83. May 20, 2012
    I love it it had a ruff launch and normal was easy but when you get past that its a really awesome game! If you have only played it trough on normal you should go back and play it again.
  84. May 20, 2012
    I find it so pathetic that according to the people who have spammed this game with 0's or 1's are calling 20 distinct reviewers corrupt. Right because Blizzard went to every single review site in existence and payed them off in one massive Illuminati conspiracy right? Somehow they have bribed every site and no leak. Not one single leak has come out of this. The reason these reviews are high is because *shocker* it's a great game and you are all whiny brats who are crying over not being able to log in for a day or because of an Internet connection. You are extremists. A reviewer is reviewing the GAME not the always online connection. Grow up. Anyway really great game. Love it. Expand
  85. May 20, 2012
    Such an addictive game I've already racked up 25 hours into it. Playing as a Wizard and I'm having a real blast. If you are a fan of RPG's or just Blizzard in general pick the game up you wont be dissapointed. Also, all of those who have threatened lives of Blizzard employees or have wished death upon them. You have been reported. Really makes you sad that a video game can bring people to threaten someones life. What a world. Expand
  86. May 20, 2012
    First of all, When I started playing this game and even now, I feel like I am playing Diablo for the first time. It is just that awesome. If you are looking for a clone of Diablo 2, then look elsewhere or just play Diablo 2 instead of complaining like so many CoD kids are. If you are not trying to rush through and just enjoy everything first time through, then it is NOT short at all. The grim Gothic environment has mostly been changed and replace. While it still is grim goth a lot of the time, blizzard aimed and succeeded at making the world seem like a surreal painting.
    The loot system is mostly the same, except when you do multiplayer, everyone gets their own loot drops thus no ninjas (got a complaint? Grow up)
    The skill system has been completely changed, as it should be to make a sequel and not an expansion/clone.
    It is still the general grind, slaughter, loot, and repeat just as always (Hack'N'Slash in general) The audio and atmosphere is brilliant, which includes all the classic sounds, great music like always from blizzard, and great voice acting (more voice acting than EVER) and finally the trademark blizzard humor is there in all its glory (if not overdone..but its blizzard its always overdone.)
    Party size is either you and a single mercenary (which are actually good and have character), or up to 3 or 4 players but no mercs. Difficulty greatly increases the more people in the game like borderlands. Also Story wise: Can't say much but it definitely give huge details about the first games story and more background to that than ever.

The only TRUE problems I have with this game would be: Online only (because of the real money Auction house), and id perfer a better zoom option. Other then that, absolutly love it and I hope this helps for at least trying the Trial version that goes up to the Skeleton King. Sadly most of the people whining are whining about the wrong things or just doing to be trolls. Animations and graphics are nice, are blizzard style, and really if ya got a prob with them...sigh...just stop and go play CoD or look at a pretty picture
  87. May 20, 2012
    The DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and four difficulty levels and billions of items make for a fantastic game. Diablo 2's failure was that most items were bad, most skills and builds were bad, and online everything was hacked. Diablo 3 has none of those problems. Incredibly disgusting monsters, frightening gangs made chilling by fantastic music and environment. This is a game that will draw you in, if you let it. Expand
  88. May 20, 2012
    Metacritic user scores never mean anything anyway, everyone goes by the critic's score.
    This is a perfect example of why. People slamming the game because of minor and expected launch issues. This game is incredible, as long as you don't expect it to be Diablo 2, and just play it for what it is you will not be disapointed.

This game requires a constant internet connection. People are
    complaing but the truth is this is not a single player game. I have had more fun and social moments playing this throughout the week then I have had during my 2 months of SWTOR. Brilliant game. The mechanics are tuned perfectly. Sound and voice work is great. The graphics are pretty ancient but are saved but excellent art and style. I would rate 9/10 but am putting 10/10 to slightly make up for all the half assed negative reviews from people who haven't even played the game... Expand
  89. May 20, 2012
    Wow lot's of Blizzard haters. Always stick with the critic reviews. As of this posting 20 of them all positive. User reviews are a joke for this game. It's a piss party.
  90. May 20, 2012
    This game is amazingly fun. It's too bad that so many people gave it bad reviews simply because of connection issues. Just listen to the critics on this one.
  91. May 20, 2012
    The best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has all of the trademark compulsive perfectionist production we have come to expect from blizzard releases. The game is under an unfortunate smear campaign because of people upset with the bumpy launch, which is a given with large scale online releases. I blame this mostly on people who started playing WoW after launch, and are not familiar with launches of this magnitude. Negative user reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, as you can see, the official reviews are 100% positive. Expand
  92. May 20, 2012
    Diablo III is probably my second favorite all time game. As soon as I picked it up at Gamestop the day of release I've been hooked. I don't care what people say the game has a lot of great features and choices. After an hour into the game I noticed how easy it was for new players to get used to Diabl III's easy playability. The one and only problem I had with it was the occasional glitching (normal). No matter how much people hate it I will always be by Diablo's side. Expand
  93. May 20, 2012
    Yes you have to deal with Blizzard's garbage policies. Yes it's worth it. I don't know where all the naysayers were months/years ago while the game was in development, because 90% of the complaints people seem to have about the game have been known about for a looong time. No Diablo 3 isn't perfect, but it is a worthy successor in the series.
  94. May 20, 2012
    LVL60 Monk @ Act 4 Hell Difficulty 1. This isnt an FPS so the graphics arent supposed to be on par with BF3. Compare D3 to D2 and theyre worlds apart. The animations is what makes this game amazing in the "graphics" department as well as the environments. 2. This isnt an RPG, its a dungeon crawler. 3. I cant stress this enough, you havent BEATEN the game until youve beaten the game on INFERNO difficulty. Normal and Nightmare are a breeze to beat and it only starts getting hard when you get to HELL difficulty. 4. Problems playing? Well its a newly released game, and now works perfectly fine after 2 days of updating from blizzard. I cant believe all these scrub gamers who know nothing about video games (yea i said it, you all probably just casual gamers) can complain about launch issues. I wonder how many people were trying to access the servers within the first few days all at the same time.

This game works like its supposed to be and im looking forward to what they do with a PvP system.

-fuzz
  95. May 20, 2012
    Excellent game !
    Done right, no bugs.
    Quite adictive and fast, could be a bit longer tho.
    Even tho every one complains that you have to be online, I really don't care.
  96. May 20, 2012
    Apparently Metacritic refuses to format my text correctly, so instead of my long review that I wrote, I'll say this:
    Blizzard hit the nail on the soulstone once again.
  97. May 20, 2012
    Absolutely AMAZING . Pay no attention to the low user score created by people butthurt that they had to wait for an hour on launch day to log in. Everything I expected it to be and more.
  98. May 20, 2012
    I'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtime on release day). Further, I'm having a ball! I love this game. It's total fun, and my friends (who are old-time Diablo game players) are loving it, too. I really think the complainers are in a very small minority. Kudos to Blizzard for another incredibly good game! Expand
  99. May 20, 2012
    This game is definitely what I had expected a Diablo sequel should be. I love the character abilities (playing mostly monk atm) and I love just how the overall game plays. I for one am happy for the removal of stamina, skill trees, and shared loot. It has made the game a much more enjoyable experience with out the grief or hassle of those systems.

The only reason why I rate this a 9 out
    of 10 is because I encountered a couple server hiccups that caused me to not play for a few hours. Although this will become less and less in the future, it is the only thing hindering this near perfect launch. Expand
  100. May 20, 2012
    I was waiting for this game for years, and then i have it, the game is awesome, the gameplay, the soundtracks, the outside, the Lore, all is perfect, maybe the scenario isn't that good but got some epic moments. Would have expected less help during quests, but maybe one of the best game this year. Some people expect for torchlight, why? Less graphism? Good game still but no scenario, only 3 classes.. Expand
  101. May 21, 2012