Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jun 2, 2012
    The game is really nice, the gameplay awesome.

It could sux for some because you have to log-in even if you want to play solo.
    The story is short (and immersive) but really nice, featuring awesome cut-scene.
  2. Jun 2, 2012
    Well, I have played Diablo 3 with multiple characters for multiple hours. This is my first real computer game since I played Diablo 2 and I love the improvements! First some upgrades, Money is made relevant in this game by making equipment the primary way to upgrade and improve your character. Which I like, and also has the potential to make the auction house something that is somewhatWell, I have played Diablo 3 with multiple characters for multiple hours. This is my first real computer game since I played Diablo 2 and I love the improvements! First some upgrades, Money is made relevant in this game by making equipment the primary way to upgrade and improve your character. Which I like, and also has the potential to make the auction house something that is somewhat unique when the RMAH comes out. Also I like how people are complaining about how hard inferno is! That means blizzard up the stakes and made D3 a little more challenging. Some things where blizzard could improve. - Chat system would be very nice. D2 didn't need one but collaboration in gaming has changed over the years. - maybe every two months they could upload some new events or change the events. I know there are a lot but I would enjoy some surprising new battles. Other than that I think this game is an excellent buy and has more replay value then any other game that came out this year. Expand
  3. Jun 1, 2012
    Almost all of hte negative reviews (mainly the ones from 0-3 score) are just idiots not being objective; they are long-time fanboys who bought into the absolutely biblical amounts of hype this game got, and because it didn't LITERALLY knock their socks off, they are writing these butthurt reviews.
    This game is actually very good, I haven't played either D1 or D2 and I did not follow any of the hype preceding its release, and I was not disappointed by the game. Ignore all the morons giving it a 0, 1 or 2 and judge it by the critic reviews.
  4. May 31, 2012
    After 12 years, years of beta testing and I cant play the game without several hours of error messages each day. This was not what I anticipated after this long wait.
  5. May 31, 2012
    Having grown up gaming with Diablo being one of my favorites this is an AMAZING next step with great mechanics, a great story that is great even if you didn't play the previous and overall a great game for casual and hardcore games alike. The two points that I was a bit disappointed with was I wish it felt more like a horror game like the previous games and there were some definite hiccupsHaving grown up gaming with Diablo being one of my favorites this is an AMAZING next step with great mechanics, a great story that is great even if you didn't play the previous and overall a great game for casual and hardcore games alike. The two points that I was a bit disappointed with was I wish it felt more like a horror game like the previous games and there were some definite hiccups at launch but that's to be expected with any major online game. Expand
  6. May 31, 2012
    Hi, i don´t know why people criticize diablo 3.
    It´s better than you can imagine, thanks blizzard thanks. All in this game is better than other similar games, action, story, graphics, all.
  7. May 31, 2012
    A lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. TheA lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. The graphics wont blow you away but they get the job done and allow great visual design for a top down view game. There is so much going on you need all the bright and dark difference in color to follow the action and act fast and accordingly. Music in a headset is just right and dosnt try to rock you out and become annoying. Play control may take a bit of getting used to for some but is second nature once you just except it and practice. It takes the kind of player who really enjoys the lure of power and progression with a true sense that you earn it as it becomes harder and harder to grab that great gear. If your just a casual gamer looking for a story or some kind of game that changes gaming forever than you may not find the appeal of D3, but for all of you who are min maxers and loot whores who love that challenge and satisfaction of becoming the most powerful player you can be, than this game will drive you forward with the promise of power better than any game that has come before. Expand
  8. May 31, 2012
    First of all, most reviews on this site are "7 hours in" or less. So listen to a voice of reason. I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. They were great games... 12 years ago. While I'm not a HUGE fan of server side DRM, with the amount of software piracy going on in the world today it's quickly becoming the only way to be sure the pirates can't get at you. For the actual game, It's new.First of all, most reviews on this site are "7 hours in" or less. So listen to a voice of reason. I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. They were great games... 12 years ago. While I'm not a HUGE fan of server side DRM, with the amount of software piracy going on in the world today it's quickly becoming the only way to be sure the pirates can't get at you. For the actual game, It's new. Period. That means what class? Bugs, hiccups and the standard, just released the game non-sense that happens in EVERY GAME. Yet still we see the armies of twelve year old kids flocking to the review sites to **** They're working out the kinks and as of the time I write this they have most of them ironed out, the game is only sixteen days old, what can you expect? Now for my review!

Graphics: I've heard A LOT of kids whining that it looks too cartoony, that it looks just like wow that it's too this or too that. The game looks fine, graphics are good considering the type of game, it's hard to get Skyrim graphics into an angled down RPG hack and slash. But when you're going into the maw of the abyss there's plenty of bodies, blood and torture devices to give you that "Yeah I'm about to meet something angry, aren't I?" feel. 9/10

Gameplay: Every D2 fan has been on the forums at the site ****ing because it's "Nothing like diablo 2" well it's a sequel kids, it's not supposed to feel like an expansion pack. It's a new game all together. You only have six buttons to memorize and manipulate to your liking but while that sounds like a bad thing, it actually makes it easier to focus in on the important things like smashing hundreds of baddies in a couple amazing moves. It's addicting and you'll find yourself hard pressed to not keep playing if you give it half a chance instead of comparing it to something it isn't. 10/10(Yes D2 Fanbois I hear you crying, shut up, it's a good game.)

Storyline: Painfully linear. Here's the problem, the guy who wrote the story for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Or at least had a hefty hand in it, (The guy who made Thrall an uber god like shaman and basically all the dragon aspects in one.) had a hand in writing this so there are moments of, "Seriously..? Wtf..." from time to time. There's only one really good plot twist and as a writer I felt it could've been better. However the Lore attached to the game, collectibles found in game that give you back story and detailed info on monsters and characters from the game, is amazing. Very detailed including journals of people who players of the first two games would recognize. 5/10(Could've been better... but it could've been A LOT worse considering.)

Overall: While the game has it's faults, DRM specifically and bad writing in places, what it lacks in polished glory it makes up for in sheer fun and overall challenge. Keep in mind that if you are a Diablo 2 fan that Diablo 2 has had 12 years to polish itself, iron out all the kinks, apply patches to provide balance and stability to gameplay as well as just patches to make the game better and more fun. When it first hit the shelves it was a damned menace and hell on your system as well as your mind trying to figure out why the heck it was doing what it was doing. D3 has only been out for a little over two weeks, not twelve years. So they're ironing out the kinks still but for the most part it's still a lot of fun. If you're not a D2 fan but instead an RPG fan of say... WoW tastes or Skyrim or perhaps even Final Fantasy... this game will feel extremely simple to you. But give it a chance and much like Bejeweled you'll find yourself hours later going "Damn I need to eat and go to work or I'll be late!" Bottom Line, it is a good game, it's a ton of fun to play with or without friends and if you're one of those who's looking for a challenge in your games. Hardcore Inferno will have you entertained for quite awhile. (For those who don't know the terms, Hardest difficulty on a mode where if you die, you have to start all over on the first difficulty again. Sounds rough? Yeah... it is.) Honestly the only bad thing about this game currently is that it's story isn't as epic or grand as say... Final Fantasy or Skyrim. But if you're looking for a simple, fun game to waste nine hours of your life smashing hordes of baddies for gems, gear and gold, this is the game for you! 9/10
  9. May 30, 2012
    I have never been compelled to rate a game before, but this one just drove me over the edge. Biggest disappointment I ever had in a game which I was genuinely excited for. Glitches, fundamental design flaws, lack of social function and endless downtime make this 60$ mess barely worth 30$. First play through was great, but then I began to notice that any and all loot past normal and untilI have never been compelled to rate a game before, but this one just drove me over the edge. Biggest disappointment I ever had in a game which I was genuinely excited for. Glitches, fundamental design flaws, lack of social function and endless downtime make this 60$ mess barely worth 30$. First play through was great, but then I began to notice that any and all loot past normal and until infernal is an unrewarding pile of utter **** Be ready to see nothing but crappy blue items from Nightmare to the end of Hell, even from defeating Diablo for the first time. In Infernal, I found a few legendaries...I was excited...then I looked at the auction house and realized that every single one is a worthless piece of crap due to the ridiculous item system where blue items are better than much legendaries. There's not a single legendary item on the top of the item list. I also made a mistake of rolling a barbarian. Lets just say some classes are favored MUCH more than others. But then again, its not like the auction works. It doesn't. Its been constantly down, glitchy, and commodities trade has been disabled for about a week now. As a melee, you can't get past Act 2 Infernal without having Act 4 gear. Act 4 gear is priced in millions of gold. At 115 hours in, my joy from playing this game has been smashed into the ground and ****ted on. Expand
  10. May 30, 2012
    This is a REAL review and not some fanboy or whiny brat.

I was 19 years old when Diablo 1 came out and loved the hell out of it. I also played Diablo 2 as well and it was extremely fun. I've been a gamer for well over 25 years and have seen the good and the bad. In a nutshell, Diablo 3 is a FUN game that really brings back the feeling of old school dungeon crawling from D1 and D2.
    This is a REAL review and not some fanboy or whiny brat.

In a nutshell, Diablo 3 is a FUN game that really brings back the feeling of old school dungeon crawling from D1 and D2. There are some things that I wish they kept, such as town portal and identify scrolls instead of just clicking a hotkey for free, but overall they really have done an excellent job.

One of my beefs is the "always online" mode which is extremely annoying. I took two points off for that decision by Blizzard. The graphics are pretty nice, the sound is on par for what you would expect, the monsters are well thought out and fun to kill.

Don't listen to the trolls. If you enjoyed D2 and are not some major dickweed that will complain about everything, you will enjoy D3.
  11. May 30, 2012
    Amazing game... aside from tech issues that should hopefully be resolved soon, don't let the low user review scores steer you away if you are a Blizzard fan... however, don't expect WoW or SC2... I thought it was only decent until I really started experimenting with the classes and leveling more and more...
    it is super addictive, and beautiful if u can customize the graphics to suit ur machine.
  12. May 30, 2012
    This is easily one of the most fun games I've played in years. A lot of people will complain about the DRM, get over it. This is the future of gaming, as long as people pirate, software companies implement harsher DRM. NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT. If you don't like it stop playing, but know you will be giving up one of the best games of the year. This game is not meant for singleThis is easily one of the most fun games I've played in years. A lot of people will complain about the DRM, get over it. This is the future of gaming, as long as people pirate, software companies implement harsher DRM. NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT. If you don't like it stop playing, but know you will be giving up one of the best games of the year. This game is not meant for single player, a lot of reviews say normal is too easy, normal is mostly a tutorial where you get your skills, play inferno and tell me it's too easy. The graphics are perfect I'd say. Blizzard is known for making games that run on all sorts of rigs, they don't require you to buy a new computer to play their new games and I do appreciate that. This is just as addictive as I remember D2 being. THIS IS NOT D2. The "lack of customization" is more of a "fixed a glaring problem in D2" where when a patch came out, your character was worthless. This is a hack and slash more than a RPG in the sense of story. If you want a story read the lore, loot the journals, Blizzard has excellent writers but an in depth story in your face does not work in a fast paced action game. I know I will spend countless hours on this game, as will most people who are crying on here about how hard or easy or bad or overpriced the game is. This is a multiplayer game and the sooner people realize that the more they will enjoy it. Tanks are key.

TL;DR: Deal with the DRM this game is an excellent way to kill countless hours.
  13. May 30, 2012
    For new gamers 10 knowlegde about diablo 3

1. Death inducing blunt trauma to the head causes my boots to fall apart, whereas sprinting in them does not. 2. Animals like birds and rats will flee when you approach, but a badly beaten bull creature will not try to follow basic instinct and try to self preserve when near death. 3. Everything i find can be painted, but when i find something
    For new gamers 10 knowlegde about diablo 3

3. Everything i find can be painted, but when i find something truly unique, it becomes immune to paint.

4. Putting gems on my head makes me live a longer life.

5. I can fold time and space and carry millions of fluid containing flasks in my pack, but i can only carry a very limited amount of mushrooms or bones.

6. Pieces of paper cannot be stacked on top of eachother unless the contents written on it is the exact same, to the letter.

7. A jewelcrafter or blacksmith has no long term memory, and requires the same information every time i ask him to make me a specific type of gem or armor piece.

8. When i walk through the streets, people will recognise and talk to me, however, they will never get mad or upset if i completely ignore their call outs.

9. When an old man with no weapons whatsoever is attacked by skeletons, the skeletons go after the most armored person with the biggest weapons in the room, because they're out to kill the old man.

10. Highly intelligent creatures and beings with immense power cannot follow me through a door.

Thats what
  14. May 30, 2012
    Having played through all character types on normal, I have to say this game feels very close to the original games in terms of gameplay, story and audio quality, okay so the leveling and buffs system is all new but it seems to work pretty well and the auction house is handy for folk that can't be bothered with grinding for that "perfect fit" gear.

Personally I never suffered any timeout

Personally I never suffered any timeout or lost saves or server issues whether in solo or co-op modes but can appreciate how crappy that would be due to its drm method which is a bit over the top, also the huge price by PC game standards (Most games are £25 on release these days, but thankfully I only paid £20 for my D3 2 days after release so can't moan there either).

Will Torchlight 2 be better? who knows but I'll be buying that as well since it's dirt cheap and has most of the missing stuff PC gamers demand.
  15. May 30, 2012
    Come on guys !!! Any game deserve 0. I know all of you are angry with Blizzard because you cannot play all the time on the server, lots of errors and you expected a very similar game as to Diablo II.

A lots of errors ? of course I am also pissed off with Bllizzard but not with Diablo II. I miss the skill system but the new game is awesome. One only thing, Having pay more money to play in

One only thing, Having pay more money to play in Inferno ? Fu** ^^
  16. May 29, 2012
    it was well worth the wait. Blizzard went all out this time. Though it plays like World of Warcraft is some aspects. I was one of few people in my area to pre-order this, and though I was disappointed in the fact that D3 servers kept going down every hour or so, I love this game.
  17. May 29, 2012
    Pretty fun game. I've had some problems with the AH, but they fixed it (for now...). If anyone gets bored with the game, make a hardcore character, it's MUCH funner.
  18. May 29, 2012
    Wow, blizzard has THE worst fanbase I've ever seen. countless people give it 0/10, for what? "waaaahh, there's millions of people trying to log into this game at the same time and it's not working perfectly, HOW DARE YOU BLIZZARD!" really? Are you all that juvenile as to rate a game 0/10 just because it didn't perform perfectly ON OPENING DAY?

Graphics. they're fine. Why are we all ****

Graphics. they're fine. Why are we all **** about the graphics? (8/10)

Soundtrack. excellent, couldn't be better. (10/10)

The skill system. People are complaining about the "lack of customization" of the skills, which is a load of crap. you can have countless combinations of spells and runes then you could in D1 or D2 and if you think so otherwise you're not playing the game right. (9/10)

The Story. I have to say the story isn't as enticing as the first 2 installments, but it isn't bad by any means. (6/10)

The only truly bad thing about this game is the DRM, I don't agree with it and it causes more problems than it fixes.
  19. May 29, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great game ! Do not believe all the armchair critics on this site. They are mainly full of it and should have there log in details for this site revoked. Good work Blizzard. All you Zero voters dont deserve to be called gamers. Why would any company want to make a game for the likes of you.
  20. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayerFor years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  21. May 29, 2012
    This is definitely a nice game! I also do not like the maintenance like other people might say but if you try the game, it will be really worth waiting for. And also take note that patience is a virtue so either you wait for the maintenance to finish or don't play it at all. No offense.
  22. May 29, 2012
    This is the game that sucks in your time like a vacuum cleaner. Being online definitely has hiccups (for instance I've lost yellow loot after boss fight being unable to pick it up after a fight because of lags). But otherwise it is just an epic awesomeness all over board. Online gives you opportunity to run levels together with other players with virtually one click and it actually makesThis is the game that sucks in your time like a vacuum cleaner. Being online definitely has hiccups (for instance I've lost yellow loot after boss fight being unable to pick it up after a fight because of lags). But otherwise it is just an epic awesomeness all over board. Online gives you opportunity to run levels together with other players with virtually one click and it actually makes game much much more fun and complex as well as gives you the thrill of team work. 80% of my first (Normal) play I've been playing along with someone and have never regretted about it. It is so much fun, and it is actually much better then I've expected, especially as I am not huge fan of Diablo 2, which seemed to long and grinding for me. Also what is essentially cool is that in Diablo 2 you had to invest more time on higher levels and loot here curve is linear. Getting from level 30 to 31 takes the +/- same amount of time as for 10 to 11. With levels loot is getting better and better, upgrades and runes open up new possibilities and you do not have that feeling of grinding but an orgasm of constant improvement of your character in all aspects which is a drug and you want more and more of it. Yesterday thought would play it for an hour or so and then go to bed, found myself in 4 in the morning finishing 9 hour run. Amazing game (10/10) minus 1 for Internet DRM stuff, but really it is more of an advantage than disadvantage. And most importantly game does not punish you at all but on the opposite rewards you for experimentation and exploration. Expand
  23. May 28, 2012
    Worth the wait. The gameplay is solid, responsive, and fun. The story is brilliant, with plenty of twists along the way. And the cooperative gameplay adds a brand new and awesome dimension to this already-tasteful game. This one's worth buying.
  24. May 28, 2012
    For a game many have said they've waited 12 years for, the game could be seen as a bit of a disappointment, but for those who have played dungeon crawlers of many colours (recently Torchlight for example) or the old Diablo 2, this is a welcome successor. The game is lacking in certain aspects such as a more in depth crafting system and there are fixes needed for things like loot dropsFor a game many have said they've waited 12 years for, the game could be seen as a bit of a disappointment, but for those who have played dungeon crawlers of many colours (recently Torchlight for example) or the old Diablo 2, this is a welcome successor. The game is lacking in certain aspects such as a more in depth crafting system and there are fixes needed for things like loot drops (getting an intelligence bow while playing a barbarian is kind of dumb), as well as the randomly generated maps for dungeons. If you've played through the game once or twice, then you'll basically have an idea as to where to do in a dungeon to speed through it. The games length is on a reasonable scale, clocking in 10-15 hours depending on your play style, and as you increase the difficulty, many more hours will be put into the game (hell mode is where many players will start to find it incredibly hard including myself). The game overall is a good game, solid mechanics as well as an alright story. The drop in drop out multiplayer is outstanding, allowing you to join friends or randoms at any point of their game, or any chapter which you want to work on. If you want a dungeon crawler where eventually you'll need to grind out for some levels to really get through the game solo and don't mind working the auction house system for some better loot (once the prices finally adjust properly), then Diablo 3 is the game for you. But if you don't like the loot drop system or the difficulty curve for second or third time play throughs, maybe this game isn't for you. Expand
  25. May 28, 2012
    Having actually been able to play through the game with little server issues (I was disconnected once and lost a lot of progress in one of the later dungeons). I'm happy to say that Diablo 3 doesn't disappoint. It's a polished experience that is every bit as addictive as Diablo & Diablo 2.
  26. May 28, 2012
    Best game since Diablo 2 in the genre. Beats all the boring clones with one hand, provides breathtaking atmosphere, mindblowing physics engine and brilliant visual style (yes, i know graphics outdated). Have spent 156 hours playing it and every minute was worth it. Haters gonna hate.
  27. May 28, 2012
    People complain about the story being stale (It is), graphics being crappy (Not really if you think of the processing power it takes to run all of the special effects and mobs going on), and the sound being mediocre (True). But people would rate it that low just on 3 points where this game is not even supposed to be a game of epic storylines and realistic graphics. It is a game to killPeople complain about the story being stale (It is), graphics being crappy (Not really if you think of the processing power it takes to run all of the special effects and mobs going on), and the sound being mediocre (True). But people would rate it that low just on 3 points where this game is not even supposed to be a game of epic storylines and realistic graphics. It is a game to kill demons and a massive load of them. I myself predicted what was going to happen in the end for the most part. I wasn't too happy that I was able to but oh well, I enjoyed shoving my wand up Belial's rear and blasting Azmodan off to space. One thing people forget about a game is how much you can put into the game. Pros: Great game play, epic cinematics, You can get a lot of enjoyable play time out of this game.

Cons: The graphics look like from 2004 and the background stories are better than the major storyline.
  28. May 28, 2012
    Sorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clearSorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clear and simple and everything made sense, plus the world is full of books of lore. As far as people claiming there is no single player, I have no idea what you're talking about. "Always-online" does not mean "no single player." I soloed the vast majority of the game through Normal difficulty. Also, the connection error problem is already completely irrelevant. The sound is excellent. The music is excellent. The gameplay is clean, simple, and fun. There is plenty of diversity in skills with the rune system. I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fun, well-polished game that, despite launch day issues, met my every expectation. Don't let dumb whiny kids fool you. If you want this game, get it. Expand
  29. May 28, 2012
    Games like Diablo are problematic. You have the previous title that broke all the rules, gave hundreds of hours of fun, and included many, many features that the gamers really loved. And then, after many years of wating, comes the new brother. You are excited! Overwhelmed! You expect NOTHING less than perfection! And BAM! You realize that this is "not" diablo, because it doesn't have allGames like Diablo are problematic. You have the previous title that broke all the rules, gave hundreds of hours of fun, and included many, many features that the gamers really loved. And then, after many years of wating, comes the new brother. You are excited! Overwhelmed! You expect NOTHING less than perfection! And BAM! You realize that this is "not" diablo, because it doesn't have all those "perfections" you want. This is, ladies and gentelman, the opinion of 95% of the bad reviews of this game. People will ALLWAYS look at the bad side of things, in almost every new anticipated game. I've played the first and second titles of this game, and still has them and even play them from time to time. Diablo 3 compared to the previous titles is pretty equal to me. Why? Because the CORE soul of what makes diablo game a diablo game is still kicking and living! Yes, it has his downsides like DRM and temporary server issues and some bugs for dessert, but it is still diablo and it is still addictive like hell! I've played over 70 hours and got to inferno difficulty. You start from Normal difficulty, getting used to game mechanics: piece of cake. As you progress throught the difficulties and story, and gets harder and more rewarding, up until inferno which you can get killed from 2 hits. The story, character development, cinematics, and skills are amazing! i would advise to listen to every dialog and commentary that there is in the game. And at the button line: I was mad at the servers. I was mad of the DRM system. But even with all this, i saw what diablo 3 has to offer. and i smiled. And you, If you love H&S games/Rpg games/ or you a fan of diablo series, GO BUY IY. you will NOT be sorry. Expand
  30. May 28, 2012
    Great game, i really enjoy playing diablo 3, for people giving a 4- to this game, you probably had issues on launch day or even a week after, but what do you expect if more than 4 million people try to log in at the same time? I was also very annoyed by the issues, hence it doesn't deserve a 9 or 10 just yet, but it's certainly a really really good game when it does work(Which it does now,Great game, i really enjoy playing diablo 3, for people giving a 4- to this game, you probably had issues on launch day or even a week after, but what do you expect if more than 4 million people try to log in at the same time? I was also very annoyed by the issues, hence it doesn't deserve a 9 or 10 just yet, but it's certainly a really really good game when it does work(Which it does now, i don't seem to have any more problems and im really enjoying the game) Expand
  31. May 28, 2012
    Maybe not as good as Diablo II & LoD but an excellent game anyway and i'm a hardcore fan !
    But i understand some critics by the players, game is easy in normal mode but there is some challenge in Nightmare mode. Drops are good (even if i never found a legendary drop). The game is done FOR the multiplayer.
  32. May 27, 2012
    Low user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics rLow user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics r updated and beautiful and has more potential to grow more. people low rating this game because of all the wrong reasons. "Chickity-check yo selfs before you wreck yo selfs" Expand
  33. May 27, 2012
    For this game, it has around 7-8/10. Overall the game is nice.
    Bad on this game
    1) The story is too short :( (THE MAIN REASON!!) 2) the hackin problem 3) the auction always unavailable (I think 2) 3) will be solved in 2months, I hope...) But I reli hate the ppl (mainly d1, d2 fanboy) who just want d3 exactly same as d2, and give 0/10 with stupid reasons. what a non-sence! So I
    For this game, it has around 7-8/10. Overall the game is nice.
    Bad on this game
    1) The story is too short :( (THE MAIN REASON!!)
    2) the hackin problem
    3) the auction always unavailable
    (I think 2) 3) will be solved in 2months, I hope...)

But I reli hate the ppl (mainly d1, d2 fanboy) who just want d3 exactly same as d2, and give 0/10 with stupid reasons. what a non-sence! So I give this 10/10, to make the score more close to the real situation.

btw, It is a good idea that "bliz can release a expanion pack that can let ppl play d1, d2 charater+story+map, but with d3 graphic"
  34. May 27, 2012
    Es increible, el mejor juego de Blizzard hasta la fecha. Mucha gente se ha quejado de errores que a día de hoy ya se han resuelto (no hay lag, no hay perdidas de objetos ni oro, se conecta a los servidores sin problemas, etc...) o por lo menos yo no los he tenido en ningún momento. Es entretenido, adictivo e impresionante técnicamente. No te lo pierdas.
  35. May 27, 2012
    before you reading an user review, see when it was posted. the most bad reviews are made on 15 may, when the game came out and "nobody" could play it because the servers capacity was not enough.

now my oppinion about d3: it makes fun to play, to get better items, to play with other people. the story is good for a hack n slay game. the new classes are interesting. the difficulty hell and beyond forces you to have good equipment and techniques.

but iam not sure about the online single player without an offline mode. not good in my eyes.
  36. May 27, 2012
    Well, like in the game everything is fine. But there is something wrong. It must be complete. I'm sure Blizzard will necessarily be engaged in the business.
    It's a shame that many people are insulted just because of the inaccessibility of the game servers, and other things. Also a shame that people who do not even played it, spit in the direction of the game. This is not good. But the game on a solid 9, and a little bit more up to 10.
  37. May 27, 2012
    Constant internet connection and battle. net requirements aside, the game is a solid dungeon crawler. The graphics (while appearing dated) give a solid atmosphere, and the sound design and musical score are very well done and engaging. The story is pretty typical, but it gives what you're doing a purpose and that's good enough. The gameplay, for the most part, is solid. It's disappointingConstant internet connection and battle. net requirements aside, the game is a solid dungeon crawler. The graphics (while appearing dated) give a solid atmosphere, and the sound design and musical score are very well done and engaging. The story is pretty typical, but it gives what you're doing a purpose and that's good enough. The gameplay, for the most part, is solid. It's disappointing you can no longer distribute attribute and skill points to your own liking, as this was the staple of the previous diablo's. While this makes customization almost a literal no-go, they replay value of the game is still pretty high. It's fun to try and beat the game on a higher difficulty setting (which gets pretty hard), and there are five very different classes to choose. And, despite you having no controls over what skills you learn, the skills themselves are numerous and interesting. All in all, Diablo III is a good game, it's just hampered by poor decisions that were probably made to "streamline" the game. If you try to please everyone, you only disappoint everyone. Take notice, Blizzard. Expand
  38. May 27, 2012
    Played both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to maturePlayed both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to mature and is looking really good. I'm on my Hell playthrough now and really it is starting to get interesting. No good game that I remember had a great start, give it some time it will iron itself out. Time will tell the story of Diablo 3, and in hindsight is the only way to rate it. 10/10 Expand
  39. May 27, 2012
    Brief: 85% score from Plamotaku.
    Diablo 3, coming from an experienced gamer, but not a Diablo veteran, is exciting and incredibly engaging from the beginning. Blizzardâ
  40. May 27, 2012
    All you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit anyAll you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit any situation, though you will find that you will stick to a general build most of the time. It would be nice to have definable presets that you could switch between. I laugh at the haters on here whining about it getting boring after 50 hours... 50 HOURS!! that's already way more than you can expect to get out of the current line up of non-MMORPG blockbuster titles. Like any game, it isn't perfect but what it offers is worth every cent. Why break the mold if you're already onto a winner? Expand
  41. May 27, 2012
    I have had a truly enjoyable time with this game. The endgame balance was somewhat disappointing at release; nevertheless, the exploitative class builds have been hotfixed.
  42. May 26, 2012
    Awesome game, I love how I don't have to read quests and all the NPC actually talk!!! I really like the story line and you don't need to get a masters degree in order to play this game.
  43. May 26, 2012
    First off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out IFirst off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out I decided to try out the trial version by purchasing a guest pass on Ebay. After trying it out I decided to buy it immediately. They have outdone themselves with attention to detail, an endless array of monsters, animations, artwork, and an overall superior product to anything that has come out in many years. Not sure what all the complaints are about.. the game retains the intense atmosphere, writing and superb voice acting of its predecessors and creates a visually stunning experience which is also superb in the performance department. My computer is somewhat last generation and it runs on max settings at a steady 60 fps and only slows down when you are surrounded by an obscene amount of enemies on screen.. all with an amazing array of effects. Its truly a masterpiece. Expand
  44. May 26, 2012
    The game fits the Diablo nostalgia well, and as a game itself, it is well polished, with little glitches or bugs. It puzzles me to see those who complain about how "linear" the game is when it comes to the maps, or how you just click over and over for hacking and slashing. First off, if you're a PC gamer, you click all the time to play your games, so argument in that realm is void.The game fits the Diablo nostalgia well, and as a game itself, it is well polished, with little glitches or bugs. It puzzles me to see those who complain about how "linear" the game is when it comes to the maps, or how you just click over and over for hacking and slashing. First off, if you're a PC gamer, you click all the time to play your games, so argument in that realm is void. Secondly, if you came into Diablo, knowing the other two games before this one thinking that for some reason they would stray away from that trademark game play, even after they released tons of game play footage and a beta beforehand, then you deserve to have wasted your money. As a game, the game fits the series well, and is the most polished of them all. I can understand how there isn't as much of a uniqueness to the characters as there was in Diablo II. They limited the skill point feature of the hero, so there is to be no more distributing your skills as you see fit. They are done automatically. As for abilities, you are given certain abilities and can choose one between a few on any given tree. When it comes to my opinion, I like both changes to the skills and abilities, as I know for the first time I played Diablo II, I built my character well to my knowledge, then came to realize in the harder difficulties, that my character could not hold his own because of what I built. I believe this relived a lot of pain that could come in late difficulty experiences - as your abilities are still there, but can be switched depending on the situation you encounter. Now touching on the actual systematic properties of the game. I am largely referring to the online only setup they have. Granted, as a company, I can understand why they decided to do this. Nonetheless as a consumer, this is a cruel annoyance. I can't express the frustration I get during my so-called "single player" game where I get hit by a sudden lag spike that is no fault of my own. It seems Blizzard is still polishing their networked setups of Diablo III, and it's a shame that feature wasn't polished like the rest of the game. Seems to me, they tend to drop the ball in that regard. Despite this, the game itself is fantastic, while technically speaking the game lacks stability. Expand
  45. May 26, 2012
    Diablo III is a great game. It's a destroy and loot game, and it does both extremely well. It looks, sounds and plays fantastic. The art, sound and level design are top notch, it is highly polished and is more than I expected (mainly because I didn't waste time following the development over the last 5 years.) As far as technical issues people are having, the recommended systemDiablo III is a great game. It's a destroy and loot game, and it does both extremely well. It looks, sounds and plays fantastic. The art, sound and level design are top notch, it is highly polished and is more than I expected (mainly because I didn't waste time following the development over the last 5 years.) As far as technical issues people are having, the recommended system requirements are for a now 5 year old computer, and a high speed internet connection. World of Warcraft has required an internet connection since 2004, and if your computer isn't good enough to play it, that's not really Blizzard's fault. I do a LOT of sympathy for people who simply can't get good enough internet service to play, but again, not Blizzard's fault, and if you were just looking to get a pirated copy, well, this game is actually worth the money, where so many others are not. Positive review (9 out of 10), have fun, and good luck! Expand
  46. May 26, 2012
    I really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing aI really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing a monch is not comparable with playing a demonhunter and the dungeons are randomly generated which means that you will never think :"Uh, I've seen this one before, boring".

The game has an amazing repayablity, I will definatly be hooked for month as I've not tested out the warlock and sorcerer yet. Every class has its own cutscenes... so you basically get different stories per class. I give it a 10 because it is my first hack and slay game and I like it very much.
  47. May 26, 2012
    Game feels like a bad beta attempt, too short and easy, was hoping for more acts and boss encounters. Characters all look the same, no customization. Bosses drop very bad loot, and prices on the AH are riddiculous, u cant buy end game stuff without enslaving urself to hours of farming for horrible loot.
    Normal, nightmare and hell difficulty is too easy and then inferno mode is not hard but teddious and slow, you need to have ubber gear that never drops but can only buy for sick ammounts of gold and real money in the future. Diablo game died a long time ago for me, Blizzard designers are not the same they just want to suck all ur money for nothing in exchange.
  48. May 26, 2012
    I am rating this game 10 despite of its significant short-comings because it is honestly the most fun I've had playing a game since... ever. (Actually single player gets 8.5, multiplier gets 11.5)

1. Gameplay: Way better than Diablo II. Streamlined stats + skill system = WIN! You actually get to try out every combinations of skills without dumping time in re-rolling characters! You get variety! Diablo II require you to search web forum for optimal cookie cutter builds; Diablo III require you to play every skills to try them out because you can't resist.

2. Graphic: Looks great. Not sure why people are complaining. Initially I wanted the WoW style over-shoulder view... I stopped complaining after about 3 hours because I there's just too many mobs for that kind of view to work. As a bonus point, this game run smooth on my 2011 MBP with intel3000hd! 3. Story: Yes it's a very low-IQ story... but the whole point is the action so I don't mind. 4. Multiplay: AMAZING. Do this. After your first single run to hear the story, don't ever play single! PS. Buy it now. Worth the $60.
  49. May 26, 2012
    Love this game. Loved the first 2 as well. This is a great evolution of the series. If you haven't made it late into the harder difficulties, you aren't really getting out of this game what was intended.
  50. May 25, 2012
    Diablo 3 definitely has some issues, such as connection issues. Lag in single player. No talent trees, and a fairly linear experience but past all of that is a well crafted game with lots of detail and is chalked full of interesting environments and characters to take the roles of. As a fan of Diablo 2 its a worthy successor to the Diablo series, if not a bit linear and it may not the theDiablo 3 definitely has some issues, such as connection issues. Lag in single player. No talent trees, and a fairly linear experience but past all of that is a well crafted game with lots of detail and is chalked full of interesting environments and characters to take the roles of. As a fan of Diablo 2 its a worthy successor to the Diablo series, if not a bit linear and it may not the the mind-blowing, genre defining experience we all expected, there is lots of hack and slash fun to have here. One cool feature is that anybody who is accompanying you in battle like a follower have interesting things to say and talk to your character, making them feel alive and believable. Not just mindlessly following you around. One of the worst parts of the game is constantly having to be connected to the internet to play the game. It is ridiculous that i need to online to play a single player game! What if i go on a trip and i want to take my laptop and play on the way or something? Im just not going to be able to and ill have to deal with it even though its a SINGLE player game, although you can play the game with random people online or your friends so thats good. Overall Diablo 3 is a great hack and slash RPG that is one of the best games to come out this year. Expand
  51. May 25, 2012
    Ignore the trollers fun action packed game easy to pick up for beginners and still loads of challenges bit for the season vet. poor connections problems on day one but i have had none since and im from new zealand one of the worst internet in the world
  52. May 25, 2012
    The game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, butThe game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, but now that it's set, there is no other game I'm more stoked on. Expand
  53. May 25, 2012
    How many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just askHow many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just ask yourself this, who isn't exaggerating when they review this? The haters? Or the supporters? There is no way, even with all the complaints some of these people have that it's a 0, 1, or a 2. That's just simply unrealistic. I scored it out to an 8.4 But I'm gonna give it a 9, just so I can get more dislikes on this post. Haters gonna hate. Expand
  54. May 25, 2012
    This game does not deserve a 10 nor 0...

People really have to leave biased opinion out of a game review, if it has errors it isn't perfect, therefore is shouldn't get a 10, on the oither hand giving a game a 0 is complete retardation. I've never been a fan of Diablo, but decided to give it a shot and I was pleasntly pleased. It has many good features and can keep one amused for hours on
    This game does not deserve a 10 nor 0...

I've never been a fan of Diablo, but decided to give it a shot and I was pleasntly pleased. It has many good features and can keep one amused for hours on end. The story I found somewhat lacks, maybe due to the fact I didn't play previous diablo's but the gameplay more than makes up for that.

I encountered many of the game breaking glitches as others have mentioned, some were fixed, but rushed development and releasing an unfinished game has to have some consequence against the final score.

A solid 8, hopefully with patches the game can climb into a 9, I consider anybody giving this game a 10 a "fanboy" there are issues that can't be overlooked, it is far from perfect. I wonder how much Blizzard pays the gaming companies to score so many 10's when fans playing the game looks seriously upset.
  55. May 25, 2012
    This was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs orThis was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs or the login issues the first day, this is expected new games always have wrinkles to iron out, but overall this is a game well deserving of a 10! Expand
  56. May 25, 2012
    The game is great, the gameplay is very tight and smooth. Right now their servers are in a slightly volatile state at the moment which is to be expected of any game launch with a large population. The balancing isn't perfect which is to be expected within the first week of the launch. But I have high hopes for where the this game is going. People forget that Diablo 2 took years to getThe game is great, the gameplay is very tight and smooth. Right now their servers are in a slightly volatile state at the moment which is to be expected of any game launch with a large population. The balancing isn't perfect which is to be expected within the first week of the launch. But I have high hopes for where the this game is going. People forget that Diablo 2 took years to get to the state where people loved it. It wasn't until Lord of Destruction came out after they got a lot of feedback on Diablo 2 and the game just got more interesting and then when the synergy patch came out (1.10 I think?) it was like a brand new game. So I'm looking at this game as a long term investment with excellent short term benefits. It's a great game but the end game right now is hard for me to get into just because classes are being changed constantly for balancing and it's really hard to do anything in Inferno, the difficulty jump even from act to act is brutal. But honestly I haven't been so happy with a game in a long time. My first play through on Normal was phenominal for the story. As per usual the cinematics of the game blow anything else of this generation out of the water, and death animations of both regular monsters and bosses are astounding. Expand
  57. May 25, 2012
    Since I am a Blizzard fan boy anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, however, I am appalled that so many users gave this game such a low score simply because they had server issues. Yes, the game was not playable for many of you at launch, but that does not mean it is not a good game. In fact it IS! Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to D2. The gameplay is asSince I am a Blizzard fan boy anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, however, I am appalled that so many users gave this game such a low score simply because they had server issues. Yes, the game was not playable for many of you at launch, but that does not mean it is not a good game. In fact it IS! Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to D2. The gameplay is as addictive as ever and the loot system keeps you coming back for more. Apart from its story, which honestly could have been much more engaging, this game is amazing! Donâ Expand
  58. May 25, 2012
    There have been a lot of bad things said about Diablo 3. All those people are wrong. I started playing a week after release and I didn't get one server related issue. Every other issue seems to be based on the fact that some things have changed since Diablo 2. As it is, the game is great - but not perfect. I had a great time playing it and if you go in with an open mind, then I'm sureThere have been a lot of bad things said about Diablo 3. All those people are wrong. I started playing a week after release and I didn't get one server related issue. Every other issue seems to be based on the fact that some things have changed since Diablo 2. As it is, the game is great - but not perfect. I had a great time playing it and if you go in with an open mind, then I'm sure you'll have a great time too. Expand
  59. May 25, 2012
    90% of the players low votes are about:
    1_RMAH: We know that there are 2500+ people that don't EVEN know that there are 200+ Sites and forums FOR BUYING diablo2 gear. So NOTHING is changed. You can buy NOW in diablo 3, and you was able to buy ON DIABLO 2 TOO. SAME DAMN THING
    2_Online Only---> You want no hacks? No bots? So this is the only solution. And is not even enough. 3_Servers Down
    90% of the players low votes are about:
    3_Servers Down Launch Day----> Expecting something different?
    4_Same graphics and same as Diablo2---> Is a sequel. Nothing more to say. Graphics is a evolution of diablo2; and actually it is. I admit that the story is a bit short and the graphics is a little bit oldy; and there's my 8
  60. May 25, 2012
    Great game, hack and slash at its finest. Lots of skill combinations. Few server issues day 1 but its understandable with 4 million people trying to log in at the same time. Ever since day 1 however connecting has not been an issue. Difficulty ramps up over time properly, and gives good challenge. My account has not been hacked, with an authenticator, proper password management, and properGreat game, hack and slash at its finest. Lots of skill combinations. Few server issues day 1 but its understandable with 4 million people trying to log in at the same time. Ever since day 1 however connecting has not been an issue. Difficulty ramps up over time properly, and gives good challenge. My account has not been hacked, with an authenticator, proper password management, and proper computer usage you shouldn't have a problem. This review is pretty much to balance the trolls. I hope everyone everyone is enjoying their miserable existence. I myself am going to go back to enjoying the game! Expand
  61. May 25, 2012
    While I find the items in this game a bit off I like quite a few of the changes they made. Blue items should NOT be better than rare and legendary but I like the new skill runes. Unlike D2 where you would level to 99 and not unlock new skills along the way getting to level 60 and learning a new rune along the way was a welcome change. Most of the people complaining enjoyed rushingWhile I find the items in this game a bit off I like quite a few of the changes they made. Blue items should NOT be better than rare and legendary but I like the new skill runes. Unlike D2 where you would level to 99 and not unlock new skills along the way getting to level 60 and learning a new rune along the way was a welcome change. Most of the people complaining enjoyed rushing characters to level 99 and PvPing like that was any fun..... Expand
  62. May 25, 2012
    I have logged around 65 hours into Diablo III, and while my binging has slowed down, I have yet to lose any enjoyment with this game. The reason I have been slowing down, actually, is because Hell has been giving me a bit of trouble, and I'm giving myself time to work carefully through it.

To start with, many of the systems have improved Diablo 2's archaic design, streamlining the experience and allowing for maximum fun with minimal hoops to jump through. Leveling from 1-60 is done much the same way as 1-99 in D2, by progressing from Act I to Act IV, and then starting Nightmare, and then Hell difficulties to finish reaching the max level. The difference is that Diablo 2 took a massive time investment and a tedious grind to actually achieve the level cap, whereas Diablo 3 allows you to reach 60 after playing through the three difficulties.

This speedier leveling system is mostly because of Inferno, a difficulty tacked onto the end of the game, designed to contain the best loot and the most challenging content. I, myself, have not reached Inferno mode, as I am only halfway through Hell, but I can say that I have heard terrifying things about how intense this new difficulty is. The visuals are crisp and smooth, and my computer can run it on its highest graphical settings without an issue. Skills are a joy to look at, a personal favorite of mine being "Electrocute", which is a wizard spell that is essentially Chain Lightning. The bosses all have interesting designs, most notably the final encounter of Act II, which brings a surprising amount of scale into the battle not seen in previous Diablo games. As always, the end of act cinematics are an absolute treat to behold, and even if you choose not to play the game, you should look them up somewhere to experience the incredible detail. Sound is satisfying, explosions, shattering stone and wood, and the screams of your conquered foes all filling your ears as satisfyingly as can be. The music is subtle at times, but fits the atmosphere as well as can be expected. The voice acting is especially satisfying, and I cannot find a character that speaks any differently than I would expect. The vocal shouts from Diablo 2 have returned, giving access to a quick method of thanking your allies, or calling for retreat, all given at least 2 variations to avoid endless spam of one phrase. Gameplay is, of course, the most important aspect of the game, and it is excellent. Each class plays very differently from one another, in my experience so far, and each have their pros and cons. The ranged classes are much "safer" in their damage dealing, but melee classes take 30% less damage by default to compensate for their playstyle putting them into the thick of things. The progression of skills and gear from 1-60 is wholly satisfying, as you will always be able to find an upgrade with each new level, whether through a drop in your own game, or through a fellow player that has posted an auction for an item you can't live without. The runes, similarly, unlock as levels grow. The game is designed in such a way that you will obtain a new skill, rune, or passive ability at least once with each level gained, so hitting that next benchmark is always a reward. The joy of random loot is a bit of a double-edged sword. Rare items can be either incredible or subpar, whereas the lesser version (Magic, with blue text) can often outdo the higher tier. While this may be frustrating to some, the concept makes it all the more satisfying when your rare item is rolled with your preferred stats in a high value, keeping the loot hunt constantly alive and invigorating. Thanks to the Auction House, even the items that roll stats you do not like can be turned into gold, and thus traded up to gear you would actually like.

There are many, many good things about Diablo 3. The gameplay is quick and rewarding, cutting down masses of demons and zombies as an unstoppable hero never gets old, and while the invincible feeling begins to wear off in Hell and Inferno, it is replaced with the satisfying feel of overcoming a challenging opponent that has a good chance of dropping some fairly stunning loot. I realize that many people are judging the game based on lag, and the always-online DRM, but it is not core to the gameplay, and while some people will see the lag and network issue as a dealbreaker, it can only improve with time, and in a few weeks I imagine that all of the issues can be resolved. I will not give the game a lasting score based on temporary problems, and many of the negative reviews on this site are being posted out of spite.

By no stretch of the imagination does Diablo III deserve a 0, or even a 5, based entirely on its own merits. As it stands, I am giving it a perfect 10, as I have already been given 65 hours of enjoyment, with many more hours to come.
  63. May 25, 2012
    La digne suite de Diablo II, il ne mérite pas moins.
    La nécessité d'avoir une connection internet fait parti de l'évolution naturelle et logique des choses, c'est son plus gros point positif (sauf la première semaine de sorti, comme tout jeu en ligne).
  64. May 24, 2012
    This game is awesome, i played a monk until lvl 43 then started a barbarian and got addicted to the game once again, and im for shure gonna lvl my barb to 60 and pass inferno with him.This game would be a masterpiece if not for the online, but its still a really really good game.
  65. May 24, 2012
    This is one of those times I really think people should be paying more attention to critic reviews than to player reviews. Too many people seem to be too emotionally invested in the series and wanted Diablo 2 HD. And because that's not what they got they've started a smear campaign against Blizzard and Diablo 3. Most every decision made by the developers for the game has been a positiveThis is one of those times I really think people should be paying more attention to critic reviews than to player reviews. Too many people seem to be too emotionally invested in the series and wanted Diablo 2 HD. And because that's not what they got they've started a smear campaign against Blizzard and Diablo 3. Most every decision made by the developers for the game has been a positive one from a game design standpoint. It has made the game more accessible to more people, increased flexibility and customization, improved the community, and overall improved the entire game over its predecessors. I would challenge anyone to find someone new to the series, sit them down, and have the new player compare Diablo 2 to Diablo 3 where the person would not chose Diablo 3 over 2.

Common complaints: The story isn't great. - This is true, the overall storyline isn't bad, but the writing certainly isn't top-notch. I'll admit this is one area Diablo 2 beats Diablo 3. Graphics aren't gritty enough - I don't see this one. There's plenty of bloody bodies all over the place. Piles of corpses, torture equipment and gore aplenty, in some areas more than others. But it's always fitting the setting. And this is true in D2 as well. If you really compare screenshots from both games side by side, you'll find less difference here than many seem to claim. Yes, the art direction did change, and Blizzard Irvine has more of a Warcraft/WoW mentality than Blizzard North had. But even with the change in art direction it's still reasonably true to its predecessor. Others claim it's cartoony, certainly a matter of opinion and up for debate, but I don't find D3 significantly more cartoony than Diablo 2 was.

Always on connection - Considering how full of hacks and dupes Diablo 2 became from it's offline nature. I'm really glad for this. An internet connection is pretty much ubiquitous anywhere you go anymore. Any hotel worth staying at has internet. Any of my friends or family's places have internet. The coffee shop down the street has internet. My supermarket has internet. There's really very few places I could go to get away from it. And certainly anywhere I'd want to play D3, I'd have an internet connection available. This is simply no longer an issue for the vast majority of people in a developed nation. It also comes with the perks of always being able to see your friends' games and being able to hop in and join them. Or chat with friends playing WoW or SC2. I'm not really sure if I'd call it DRM, but as far as DRM goes, this is pretty innocuous. There are many far worse examples of DRM out there to be found.

Skill/Attribute distribution is gone. - Awesome, now people can't screw up their characters because they didn't go to some website to read about strategies that are valid in Hell difficulty. Fact was, even with the skill/stat distribution, by the time you reached the end game, nearly every viable build had the same stat allocation, and most classes only had a couple viable skill allocations. The people who think this was a good idea either never played at the highest levels, or did, and just wanted to stand out as being somehow better than someone new to the game who simply didn't know better. No one should ever have to re-make a character for it to be viable just to play at higher difficulties.

No character customization - This one partially ties in with the last point about abilities and skills. I think I've made my point there. For everything else though, Every Diablo 3 class has more abilities (considering runes for the most part significantly change an ability's effects and visuals), every class can be both genders, Every major piece of armor shows up visually on your character. You can dye your armor. The customization in D3 is terrific, it's just all done through gear and ability selection. There are more viable builds for every class in Hell/Inferno in D3 than there are for each class in Hell in D2.

I like the graphics, I enjoy the music and sound design. I like the art design. I enjoy the game. I enjoy the mechanics of the game. I love the multiplayer, and easily hopping into games with my friends. My wife enjoys the game. My friends all enjoy the game. I've not heard a single complaint from any of them outside of an occasional lag spike. At the time of writing this review the User Score for D3 is sitting at 4.1, and not a single person I know on my friends list (all 20 of them) would rate this at less than an 8. I realize that's anecdotal evidence at best and a statistically insignificant data sample, but I feel it's still pertinent. Ignore the whiners with the sense of entitlement that didn't get what they wanted. Diablo 3 is a lot of fun, and well worth the money.
  66. May 24, 2012
    This is an excellent game with exactly the production values you have come to expect from Blizzard. I have not encountered significant problems logging on, the lag spikes have been short and tolerable, and other than that I have no complaints. The game itself is exactly what I expected and I expected great things.
  67. May 24, 2012
    You people are on freakin crack. You let a game get you all hyped up more than even the best game out there should. This is a great game. Great story. I get the feel for diablo 3. I like the new system. I like the new features. Don't expect some orgasmic trip, but if you want a great video game, Diablo 3 is for you.
  68. May 24, 2012
    This is the best computer game I have ever played. I am appalled and disappointed at all the spoiled brats here giving the game a zero because the world wasn't hand-crafted just for them. They don't speak for true gamers who love to play instead of flame. The graphics are incredible, the sound design is engrossing, the music fits the level design and moods.. I enjoyed the story veryThis is the best computer game I have ever played. I am appalled and disappointed at all the spoiled brats here giving the game a zero because the world wasn't hand-crafted just for them. They don't speak for true gamers who love to play instead of flame. The graphics are incredible, the sound design is engrossing, the music fits the level design and moods.. I enjoyed the story very much, the cutscenes are chilling. But MOST IMPORTANTLY: The game FEELS like Diablo. It's impossible to describe. My characters feel extremely powerful, but yet vulnerable. In the higher difficulties, I always have that feeling the original Diablo gave: I'm scared about what I might find around the next corner, but I have the courage to try. A+ Blizzard, you guys are amazing. Yes, there are some technical issues, but a release of this magnitude? That's to be expected. Those spoiled kids here, without maturity, patience or a decent handle on reality will give this game a low score. They do not represent the overwhelming majority of people who are loving this game right now. Expand
  69. May 24, 2012
    This game is beast, most of the bad reviews are from noobs who couldn't get on the first night and nerd raged. I never thought I would find a game that was more insanely fun than WoW but this game is it!
  70. May 24, 2012
    Blah blah blah the people who **** and complain will be gone soon enough. I'm sorry but I really enjoyed this game. Yes it gets an 8 because of the worst decision on Blizzard's part ever, DRM. FFS Blizzard, we don't need a babysitter, well okay some of these people probably do. I have over 50 hours into this game and it hasn't even been out for two weeks. I love it, I can't get enough ofBlah blah blah the people who **** and complain will be gone soon enough. I'm sorry but I really enjoyed this game. Yes it gets an 8 because of the worst decision on Blizzard's part ever, DRM. FFS Blizzard, we don't need a babysitter, well okay some of these people probably do. I have over 50 hours into this game and it hasn't even been out for two weeks. I love it, I can't get enough of it, I want to max out every single class in the game. And I will at the rate I'm going within the next couple of weeks. So here is my grading: Story - 7/10 It's not terrible but it's certainly not the best and coming from Blizzard it is certainly not up to par. Graphics - 7/10 this one is well-thought out and I have to say that instead of incorporating a lot of different graphics options into the game Blizzard left it at about medium compared to a game like well, even Starcraft 2 looks better in many areas. No to the people who think it's cartoony, it does not look like WoW, I hate that F$#@!#$ game and I would not compare them ever, it is very dark and creepy if you don't think so, get to the basement of Leoric's manor in ACT I, then maybe you'll agree. Gameplay - 10/10 Now this is where Blizzard shines, everything from the loot system to the crafting (not the best, but by far better than some I have seen), it's all so addictive it's ridiculous, that's probably what has kept me going the most, knowing that I will get some kick ass bow for my Demon Hunter. Also, despite what some people might say I love the skills, and not just for the DH, but for all the classes. I have at least a level 20 of the Witch Doctor, Monk, and Demon Hunter, and I love the skills. COOP - I'm not going to rate this, I feel it still belongs under gameplay though. With 4 people on nightmare difficulty(or normal for that matter), this game is great fun, get 4 of your buddies together and it's a blast, running with skype and throwing each other loot if you're different classes, the game get's incredibly challenging and very very interesting. ********* I will end on this note, it is a fun game, however, $60 for a disappointing launch worldwide and a server based game that has ABSOLUTELY NO single player, makes me somewhat angry, but I forgive for the fact that these issues have certainly gotten better and if you disagree you're either an idiot or you haven't played since you wrote your 0/10 review on the day this game came out. I'm not saying it's the best game out there, and frankly Torchlight II will probably give it a run for it's money, but it's a solid game, with solid mechanics, a fun all around campaign to trek through alone or with friends, and IMO it was worth the money for me. Take that with a grain of salt, go to youtube and watch some gameplay vids, then make your own decision. Expand
  71. May 24, 2012
    Excelent game, very adictive, and lot of fun, very nice graphics, i dont mind having to be always connected to the internet, it's not that problematic, and the game is an excelent one.
  72. May 24, 2012
    Ok, this is my second review of this game on here and I have to give this a better score than I did before. Now, the issues with this game are still there: The fact that you ALWAYS have to be online to play is the worst sign of the future of gaming bar none. The fact that the developer can control when, how, and what you play is such a terrible idea and really treats the consumer like dirtOk, this is my second review of this game on here and I have to give this a better score than I did before. Now, the issues with this game are still there: The fact that you ALWAYS have to be online to play is the worst sign of the future of gaming bar none. The fact that the developer can control when, how, and what you play is such a terrible idea and really treats the consumer like dirt when they have no say over what they're doing. The fact that your subjected to Blizzard's Battle.net, which I've never been impressed with, is another reason that can make playing this game alot more difficult. However, the bottom line is this: The game is super fun, especially with other people. The fact that every map basically is a randomly generated dungeon adds a fresh element to replaying the story on the harder difficulties. Whatever you think of Achievements, if you actually go out and try to obtain them, it'll make playing this game more fun and give you some goals to shoot for. The best thing, however, is definitely playing with other people. I've had the opportunity now to play through the story once in single-player and once with 3 other people and playing this game with a full party was so much fun. It really adds to everything that this game is and your missing out if you are only playing single player. You can even join public games with random people to see how it is but playing it with people you know and enjoy being around is the best part of this game, especially when everyone is playing different classes and your coordinating with each other especially on the harder difficulties. Yes, there are alot of problems that surround this game in how you get to the point where you are playing it. However, beyond the fairly simple story, this game is easily one of the best of the year and the fact that you can have a fairly old computer, like I have, and still play this without the lag that usually accompanies new releases like this make this a must play. You'll have the issues that I said before but your doing yourself an injustice by not playing this game with your friends. It really is that fun. Expand
  73. May 24, 2012
    Finished the story in 3 days. Great story but its kind of a bit short. I guess i should do more side quest and explore everything in that game. great animation, nice graphic. Character skills customization is great , it allows me to experiment in many builds to fit with my play style, very versatile. Honestly normal mode is a bit boring since everything is so easy. the real fun is inFinished the story in 3 days. Great story but its kind of a bit short. I guess i should do more side quest and explore everything in that game. great animation, nice graphic. Character skills customization is great , it allows me to experiment in many builds to fit with my play style, very versatile. Honestly normal mode is a bit boring since everything is so easy. the real fun is in nightmare mode. Much better when there are 4 players in game making enemies the 'real nightmare'. Enjoyable and fun. There are no problem with my connection and game play. I feel bad when watching some lagging players. So i think its a good idea to give players option to play offline (by choosing this option their character wont be allowed to take part in any online modes). cheers. Expand
  74. May 24, 2012
    This game follows in the footsteps of Diablo 2 and does not disappoint. The story isn't amazing, but this is a great hack and slash, dungeon crawl game. The difficulty allows newer players to easily get the feel of the game, while the new skill system allows you to design your character to what fits your play-style. The graphics could have been a bit better in game, but most of theThis game follows in the footsteps of Diablo 2 and does not disappoint. The story isn't amazing, but this is a great hack and slash, dungeon crawl game. The difficulty allows newer players to easily get the feel of the game, while the new skill system allows you to design your character to what fits your play-style. The graphics could have been a bit better in game, but most of the cutscenes look amazing. Expand
  75. May 24, 2012
    Exactly what I wanted out of a Diablo game. Loot. Monsters. Lots of them. The graphics are gorgeous - the whole game has a sort of painterly feel to it - as if I'm part of a dark gothic themed painting by an fantasy artist. The mechanics of the game work well, finally, it doesn't expect me to reroll my character if I misclick - and lets be honest, there was no customisation in 1 to 2Exactly what I wanted out of a Diablo game. Loot. Monsters. Lots of them. The graphics are gorgeous - the whole game has a sort of painterly feel to it - as if I'm part of a dark gothic themed painting by an fantasy artist. The mechanics of the game work well, finally, it doesn't expect me to reroll my character if I misclick - and lets be honest, there was no customisation in 1 to 2 builds per class. D3 encourages experimentation, and in general - fun. The new random "Events" are a great deal of fun, and I'm hoping Blizzard will add more in future patches or expansions - and I do hope there will be a lot of them, in the time come come. This game is what I wanted out of Diablo 3 - An evolution of the series, a modern take on what made Diablo 2 great - Not a carbon copy of D2. If you want D2 all over again, this is not for you - If, however you want Diablo *3*, this is your game. Because it is truly worthy of that title. An evolution, just like D2 was compared to D1. Rock on, Blizzard. Expand
  76. May 24, 2012
    So far I'm around 3/4's of the way through Act II, and I'm loving the game so far. I don't understand why people are whinging so much if I'm honest. I'll agree, I hate the 'Always Online' bullcrap, but if its stops the pathetic world of duping/hacking the best gear in the game, I'm all for it.

For those of you complaining about how 'colourful' the world is, get over yourselves. There are far too many games nowadays who use a colour palette of grey and brown, its nice to see a developer injecting some colour into the world. [Make a comparison to the art/graphic style of Warcraft and I will smack you up the side of the head. Completely different development team, morons]

All in all, the game delivers what D2 had and more. I'm sorry if you stat/skill monkeys are upset, but at least now you don't have to google ULTIMATE CHARACTER STAT/SKILL SETUP and can actually make the sort of character you actually want to play, not a defined role for the best most possible damage output.
  77. May 24, 2012
    Game is absolutely amazing and addictive as hell. I will try to cover most of the complaints:
    1. Internet connection I don't see how internet connection can be an issue in 2012
    2. Skill and attribute points system That's the main improvement of the game 3. Graphics Simply amazing 3. Launch issues Give it some time, it's already a non issue. Also, knowing Blizzard you can be sure
    2. Skill and attribute points system That's the main improvement of the game
    3. Graphics
    Simply amazing
    3. Launch issues
    Give it some time, it's already a non issue.

Also, knowing Blizzard you can be sure that the game will be getting patched and improved constantly.
  78. May 24, 2012
    Serwers problem -
    few glitches -
    All the rest is well
    A worthy successor that take many many hours from my life till now, and many hours remaining to take from me.
    I'm never been fanboy of Diablo games but D3 suck me in.
  79. May 23, 2012
    I've played to level 22 so far and it's a good deal of fun! A bit monotonous (but the genre sort of demands it) but the unlocks are an improvement imo. I find myself switching my build every few levels as new runes and abilities unlock so that's been keeping me going. I will say that the AH makes it easy to get good gear cheaply and therefore crafting is sort of a ho-hum investment soI've played to level 22 so far and it's a good deal of fun! A bit monotonous (but the genre sort of demands it) but the unlocks are an improvement imo. I find myself switching my build every few levels as new runes and abilities unlock so that's been keeping me going. I will say that the AH makes it easy to get good gear cheaply and therefore crafting is sort of a ho-hum investment so that's a bit of a letdown. All in all, good fun so far and I'm looking forward to multiplayer with some friends! Would buy again. Expand
  80. May 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 delivers. It seems the popular thing to claim having played Diablo 2, but 12 years ago is quite a long time. If we jump in a time machine and punch in 12 years and revisit our much younger selves and load up Diablo2 and let us play for an hour then load up Diablo3 and let us play for an hour. After that ask our older selves what we want to play. I think my answer would be Diablo3.
  81. May 23, 2012
    I have sunk 50+ hours into this game and it is a great game. all of these people whining about launch day have no idea what they are talking about. yes it was annoying not being able to instantly log in, but now that the servers are stable and everything is working i am having a great time. the new skill select system allows for a lot of variety (i have multiple go to builds for differentI have sunk 50+ hours into this game and it is a great game. all of these people whining about launch day have no idea what they are talking about. yes it was annoying not being able to instantly log in, but now that the servers are stable and everything is working i am having a great time. the new skill select system allows for a lot of variety (i have multiple go to builds for different scenarios) and the story line while not the best will keep you entertained while you do what this game was made for, hack and slash some ****. and while i do agree that the real currency auction house is idiotic and no lan kind of sucks, none of blizzards most recent games have not needed online connection so you should have seen that coming. i give this a 9/10 because it is really fun and worth the money but it has a few bugs that need to be worked out. Expand
  82. May 23, 2012
    Fantastic game. Beautiful graphics, story, voice acting and gameplay. Less than perfect due to the DRM affecting ongoing gameplay (network lag when I'm playing single player... seriously?).

These zero scores make me laugh.
  83. May 23, 2012
    These user reviews are shameful and clearly false. 1/10 and 0/10, really guys...

All you are doing is ruining the credibility of this site and I hope these reviews are wiped. Onto the review, if you like Diablo 1&2, you will love 3. Nuff said.
  84. May 23, 2012
    Brilliant! New skill system is awesome. I changed about 30 build already, but still cant decide my favorite. Best game of this year so far. Gonna start my hardcore barbarian soon, wish me luck =)
  85. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  86. May 23, 2012
    I just finished my first play through and enjoyed it alot. Now, playing on nightmare and still very much enjoying the game. Not sure why so many 0/10. I definately disaggree with that. I think the game deserves a 7.5-8 out of 10, but not 0. I've given it a 10/10 due to the unfair amount of 0s given here.
  87. May 23, 2012
    First, all these people that think games are either 0's or 10's need to realize you are not helping the industry...not one bit. You want to keep seeing games get made? Give an honest assessment and leave the black or white mentality at home. All or nothing is out.

This is a very well made game. It is responsive, looks good, plays well together, and mostly intelligent AI. The game is just fun to play. It mixes things up just enough to make you want to play again. Just for being a fun title it gets good marks as that is the primary focus of a game....being fun.

The graphics are well made as well. They are high enough to look good for the perspective you are playing as well as keeping the game available to a variety of machines. PC gamers claim that they have better graphics capability and this is true. The problem is the disparity in systems. An Xbox is an Xbox. There are very few differences except in hard drive space. They are made (some with different hardware) to play at a specified efficiency and so the developer can target that making the game as efficient as possible. PCs are a different bag and you have to tone things down to get a larger market share. It's just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future.

This is a game that has it all. There are a few annoyances like the music, while well done, is not really something that gets your blood pumping to fight demons when a huge battle is going on. The graphics are fine. The fun is high. The controls are responsive and well done. The skill tree is fine as well. Keep giving those 0s for no reason. It's like stabbing your friend in the chest for giving you something enjoyable. See if you get something again.
  88. May 23, 2012
    E um ótimo jogo com certeza, além de tudo e um dos poucos que vem dublado em PT-BR.
    Parabéns Blizzard por mais esse excelente trabalho.
    Esses são meus sinceros agradecimentos pelo empenho em lançar um produto de ótima qualidade.
  89. May 23, 2012
    This is a casual noobs perspective - I never played previous Diablos. I've cleared Normal in about 25 hours and I had an awesome time. The graphics are great, the cut scenes are extremely good, the scenery is cool. The mob fights can get really heavy and frantic at times. I enjoy the robust auction house. Upgraded gear is available very cheaply so you can control the level ofThis is a casual noobs perspective - I never played previous Diablos. I've cleared Normal in about 25 hours and I had an awesome time. The graphics are great, the cut scenes are extremely good, the scenery is cool. The mob fights can get really heavy and frantic at times. I enjoy the robust auction house. Upgraded gear is available very cheaply so you can control the level of difficulty (get yellow rare gear to your level if you want to make it easier). This game has massive replay value - you're likely going to put in 50 hours just to clear the first two levels of difficulty with one character. I'm surprised that the game feels so different running through the storyline again on the next difficulty level. Mob aren't just a little more difficult overall, they also can come with new abilities that force you to react differently. The last part helps reduce the potential for monotony. I fing the game slightly more difficult when grouping but of course it's more fun to play with others. You can drop in and out of doing things with friends easily and painlessly - even if you're only doing co-op for 5 mins with a friend there's no harm done by leaving (difficulty adjusts automatically based on party size). Other than the first day, I have had no issues logging on. Giving the game a 0 rating for those problems is short-sighted. THIS IS A VERY GOOD GAME. Period. Regarding on-line access for a single-player game, the downside is well documented (read the zero ratings). The upside for me is that I can play on multiple computers easily (which I do). Regardless, not a reason to avoid purchase because the value for $60 is tremendous. PVP has been delayed which I don't have a problem with - my hands are full working on progressing through the difficulty which will take me a while. When PVP arrives, it will feel like a free expansion pack. There aren't many games worth $60, but DB3 is epic fun! I dinged them to a 9 for the initial troubles with servers because I hold Blizzard to a higher standard than others. The game itself is 10/10. Expand
  90. May 23, 2012
    The fundamental game play experience I've so far has been flawless. It's everything I expected from the sequel to Diablo 2. The skill system is refreshingly different than the over used skill point system. They've addressed all the flaws of Diablo 2, including monster immunities, and replaced it with an extremely challenging new enemy skill system. Other than the clumsy launch and theThe fundamental game play experience I've so far has been flawless. It's everything I expected from the sequel to Diablo 2. The skill system is refreshingly different than the over used skill point system. They've addressed all the flaws of Diablo 2, including monster immunities, and replaced it with an extremely challenging new enemy skill system. Other than the clumsy launch and the buggy auction house, this game is much more than i could have hoped for. Expand
  91. May 23, 2012
    Am about 21hrs into the game, and am taking my time there is no need to rush on a game like this. I have been playing D2 for quite some time, and I was very excited when Blizzard announce the release date of Diablo 3. So far I say that this games deserves a perfect 10! The graphics a big improvement from previous games, the background, and sound really do stand out. The game does feelAm about 21hrs into the game, and am taking my time there is no need to rush on a game like this. I have been playing D2 for quite some time, and I was very excited when Blizzard announce the release date of Diablo 3. So far I say that this games deserves a perfect 10! The graphics a big improvement from previous games, the background, and sound really do stand out. The game does feel quite simplistic, but that's alright you know what they say "Easy to learn difficult to master. I did have 2x disconnecting problems, and a lag here an there but that's Blizzard, we talking about the game not the franchise. To be honest am not surprise with all of the connectivity issues people were having since D3 is the fastest game sold in 24hrs am pretty sure Blizzard was not prepared for flood of users. Overall am enjoying this game very much, I constantly read bad reviews, but they are ALL based on the Blizzard and NOT the game itself. Expand
  92. May 23, 2012
    This is Diablo 3, and it's just as great as the previous two versions. I can see myself playing this game for several years, something that rarely happens. Some thoughts:

The new attribute/skill system is fine, and a big improvement over Diablo 2, where one wrong click could screw your character. Now I can experiment with different skill combinations, and select abilities situational. Also, I like the simplicity... two mouse buttons and a few hot keys is enough, no need for 30 key bindings like in WoW or other RPGs. This is hack and slay!!!

DRM/online requirement:
    I can understand that this upsets single players, but this was communicated long before the game launched, so you knew what was coming. For me, the long term motivation in Diablo 2 always came from being online, so in the end it makes no difference. The launch went as any reasonable person might expect. Within a week from launch everything seems very stable, so overall a good job. The graphics etc: Looks nice, maybe it could be a bit less resource hungry since the graphics are not exactly high end. More importantly, it runs natively on OSX! I would say that this game is perfect and just like I expected from Blizzard.
  93. May 23, 2012
    I usually don't write reviews about games, but once saw the 4.1 user score for Diablo 3, I knew I had to say something. This game has been review bombed to high hell until it remains nothing but a smoldering crater. If you want proof, look at all of the 0 score reviews there are, it's over 1000. I'm intending for this to be an honest review, but still, this is a review, so take it with aI usually don't write reviews about games, but once saw the 4.1 user score for Diablo 3, I knew I had to say something. This game has been review bombed to high hell until it remains nothing but a smoldering crater. If you want proof, look at all of the 0 score reviews there are, it's over 1000. I'm intending for this to be an honest review, but still, this is a review, so take it with a grain of salt.

Pros:
    +Mechanics polished to a mirror shine
    + Loot hunting is fun as ever
    +Varied and interesting classes
    +Co-op is great
    +An improved skill system that does away with archaic tree skill systems
    +4 Different difficulties, 5 different classes, PvP teams with a starcraft-like progression system... you will be playing this game for a long time
    +Graphics that look modern, but still keep that Diablo guts'n'gore "charm"

Cons:
    -Story lacking slightly
    -Servers with high latency on release, made game unplayable to many people
    -Flawed loot system with legendary's being, most of the time, weaker than some blues
    -Melee classes slightly unbalanced in higher difficulty
    -Lack of a chat system, so community seems empty
    -PvP not available at launch
    -Always online DRM with no optional offline mode

To many, Diablo 3 is a series close to many peoples hearts. Since its introduction in the 90's, and subsequent refinement 4 years later, the game became a legend, but it has been MIA for more than a decade. With Diablo 3's announcement, the masses have been foaming at the mouth, waiting in anticipation for its release, but now that its out, does it hold up to a decade worth of hyping?
    In short, yes. Aside from some minor nitpicks, Diablo 3 improves upon Diablo 2 in almost every way.

The combat in Diablo 3 is the samestandard hack'n'slash isometric loot fest that the previous two were, but polished to a mirror shine. The production value shows that an immense amount of work has been put into it. The looting is addictive, as it should be, and getting that new item is still as thrilling as ever. The classes (Demon Hunter, Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Wizard, Monk) are incredibly varied, with a plethora of skills to use, and endless combinations to use, with several builds that are viable. Which segways into the next point.

The skill system is a massive improvement, not just over Diablo 2, but the whole franchise as a whole. Skill trees force a kind of pseudo-choice like system that in reality, forces you into cookie cutter builds, with only half the skills being viable. Runes only further diversify the system by modifying skills. For example, Bola Shot shoots a bola that wraps around the enemies head, then explodes, dealing splash damage. A rune called acid strike changes the skill into 3 bolas that deal acid damage. So there are several different ways you could build your character.

To many, this topic is very polarizing... the graphics. The graphics in this game are almost painting like in their presentation, and look very polished and genuinely unsettling in some situations. A desert with skeletons littering the landscape, a hell-like torture dungeon with the corpses of the victims still in their respected torture devices, it's all very well composed. I do have some minor nitpicks with the game though. The launch was rockier than the sheer side of a cliff, with error 3007 and disconnects plaguing the first several hours. Even now, the servers are high in latency, causing serious lag in situations with many enemies. Then the story... it isn't exactly high class literature, with most of the quest being "X magical artifact is causing Y disturbance, and we need to Z to obtain it" But, it works, and most people aren't buying the game for the story. The loot system also needs some reworking, as many times, legendary are lesser than their blue counterparts, and that needs to end. The feeling when you get a legendary should be that this item is incredibly rare and valuable, not just another item, doomed to a merchant's inventory. Melee classes need to be reworked as well, most importantly the barbarian. He needs some extra survivability in the higher difficulties to make him innately tanky. Maybe an extra 25% vitality bonus, or something along the lines of that.

Then the lack of a chat system (a'la starcraft 2) is missing, which makes the community seem very empty, but the starcraft 2 chat system wasn't available at launch either, so there will most likely be one implemented in the future.

Then the lack of the PvP system at launch, I know this isn't an integral part of the Diablo 3 experience, but it could be a great way to extend your play time.

Overall, Diablo 3 is a great game that doesn't deserve half of the flak it gets in the forums and on metacritic, with a few minor nitpicks that don't detract from the shine of this true gem. But then again, this is just my personal opinion, so let yourself formulate your own.
  94. May 23, 2012
    Just got to play it for a few hours before work and the game is great. /v/ trolls withstanding. Once all the people who haven't even tried the game die down the actual scores will come.
  95. May 23, 2012
    Just to clarify, I'm only talking about the game itself here. I personally don't care about the login issues; they're bound to happen at the launch of such a huge game as this (more than 6 million copies purchased so far), and the Blizzard staff did do their very best to solve any problem as fast as possible.
    Now on to the review: simply put, Diablo 3 is amazing. It takes the best of the 2 previous games and further improves and adds to it.
    The graphics are detailed, pretty and realistic.
    The gameplay is fast, fun, simple at its core yet open to complexity, strategy and a very high level of personalization.
    Each and every class is fun to play. They all have very distinctive "flavors" and personalities and you will want to play though at least Normal mode with each class, just to see their respective characteristics at play.
    The story is good, with a few unexpected twists and a satisfactory ending that still leaves room for future expansions and games on the Diablo franchise.
    The voice acting is beautiful and the characterization is quite deep and credible, which is amazing considering just how short the storyline actually is, at least if compared with a "traditional" RPG like Final Fantasy and its ilk. Even the followers characters feel like real people.
    If you liked Diablo and Diablo 2, I believe you will absolutely love Diablo 3.
  96. May 23, 2012
    Diablo and Diablo 2 were huge parts of my childhood and were masterpieces of the gaming industry. Diablo 3 is no exception to the franchise. Gameplay is seemless, character building is versatile and items are as exciting to come by as cash on the street. I think people's criticisms about the always-on DRM are misguided. I think majority of gamers don't have a problem being online to play aDiablo and Diablo 2 were huge parts of my childhood and were masterpieces of the gaming industry. Diablo 3 is no exception to the franchise. Gameplay is seemless, character building is versatile and items are as exciting to come by as cash on the street. I think people's criticisms about the always-on DRM are misguided. I think majority of gamers don't have a problem being online to play a game. Persistent characters and low chance of players cheating gives massive integrity to the game.

Overall D3 is probably the best thing that has happened to PC in the last 5 or 6 years.
  97. May 23, 2012
    Absolutely love the game. The simplicity of this game, along with the social aspect, will make it a winner in the long term. The beauty of blizzard's games is revealed in end-game interaction, where a whole new experience manifests. PvP, gear-grinding, and the auction house as a model of an economy will drive the long-term user interaction. I believe this is a winner.
  98. May 23, 2012
    I wish I could be like all the noobs 12 year old who want nothing more then graphics then game play. I really like how most people QQing about stuff NOT EVEN IN THE GAME yet. Oh that pvp look's just like wow ya you would know from playing it. Or oh noes i can't log in on day one :( if only they would have made it so the million's trying to log in could all have a perfect time. Then againI wish I could be like all the noobs 12 year old who want nothing more then graphics then game play. I really like how most people QQing about stuff NOT EVEN IN THE GAME yet. Oh that pvp look's just like wow ya you would know from playing it. Or oh noes i can't log in on day one :( if only they would have made it so the million's trying to log in could all have a perfect time. Then again this is the internet 75% of the reviews are just trolls trying to get a thing in kinda sad really. Expand
  99. May 23, 2012
    I can't believe so many spoiled children lose their time registering here and give what has to be the largest collection of ridiculous and one-sided reviews on internet.
    First of all this game is not a RPG game, at least not in the classical definition of it so stop calling it like that; You can call it hack-n-slash or eventually action-RPG. I play it since the release and this game is by far the most addictive and beautifully crafted of its kind. The atmosphere and gameplay are close to perfection.
    Come on this is a Blizzard game ! Did you spend the last ten years in a hole ? You guys expect a BF3 quality game when Blizzard has shown to always chose cartoon-like graphics which do not require war-machines to run, in order to make their games accessible to the largest audience possible. And that's a good choice. The game runs like in a dream, not like most of the games being released recently which all need large patches 24 to 48 hours post-release because they are sold weeks too early.
    I see a lot of reviews describing bugs, but after 20+ hours of gameplay I still have to see one in game. Of course there has been this very much expected "37 error" for maybe 24 hours after the release but did you honestly expect anything else ? Blizzard runs what is by far the most popular on-line game in history (WoW). Don't you think they know how to deal with high load on servers, can't you just stop acting like spoiled kids and wait just couple of hours for the excitation to go down ? These reactions are just a shame...
    And for the so-called "simplification" of gameplay and skills, this was to be expected as well. If you play WoW the tendency exists since couple of years ( at lest the two last WoW expansions). Blizzard started with skill trees pretty much inspired from D2 and after some time (the two first expansions let's say) it was clear that this gives only the illusion of freedom. Anybody trying to play at least half correctly knows that each class or specialty has one or two optimum builds that gets posted all over the Internet and that 90+% of players end up choosing. Don't you think Blizzard collects stats about that ? So the fact that they reduce the skill trees to smaller ones but proposing more meaningful choices is here again a good choice. I am pretty sure that all in all D3 will exhibit more diversity in class builds than WOW or D2.
    And finally for the "Internet connection required" issue, I am pretty sure that it is linked to the fact that the real-currency auction house has to be kept protected at all cost and I am pleased the Blizzard's people are aware of it. The mob of short-sighted people posting here are criticizing the real-currency auction house, but can you blame Blizzard for wanting some control over an economy that WILL emerge from the game no matter what happens ? Think of the gold-selling chinese farmers you meet on almost every WoW server and you'll know what I mean.
    So you guys want a elitist hackable 2012 version of D2 with enhanced graphics...
    Thank god this is not what Blizzard gave us, bur instead one of the most enjoyable gaming experience in the last couple of years.
  100. May 23, 2012
    the game is an improvementto diablo 2 in every way more difficultieseven more loot the adition of the acction house it gets u hooked and never lets go its a game that u can play for an entire weekendwithout getting,bored
  101. May 21, 2012
    Played this game since it came out and going to give a very honest review of it not somebody raging about how they can't log in. The point of a review about a game is to review the gameplay, not give opinions about how you dislike a certain marketing choice (the item market) or how you can't log in. From a gameplay standpoint and comparing it to the other games like this that I've playedPlayed this game since it came out and going to give a very honest review of it not somebody raging about how they can't log in. The point of a review about a game is to review the gameplay, not give opinions about how you dislike a certain marketing choice (the item market) or how you can't log in. From a gameplay standpoint and comparing it to the other games like this that I've played through (Diablo 1,2, and Torchlight) Diablo 3 is superior in all aspects. The game really shows how much development time went into its making. As usual for a Blizzard game it is polished in every way possible and performs brilliantly even on my more mid end laptop. They bring back all of your old favorites character wise which really helps the feeling of nostalgia settle in for us Diablo 1 veterans. But enough about old things we real gamers like new stuff and its Diablo THREE so there must be new fun toys to play with. And there are. Lots of abilities that look and have a great feel to them for all classes. You really feel like you want to play through the game over with each class because you feel like you're missing out if you don't. As far as the feel of the setting goes it is just as dark as ever if not more so. The addition of depth adds a lot to the world of Sanctuary and the gore is off the charts as should be expected of a Diablo game. Seriously while being online all the time might not be super fantastic I have yet to run into a problem with the servers and I've played every day since release so make sure your connection isn't the problem before blaming Blizzard. Other than that its one of the most solid gaming experiences you'll ever have! Enjoy it. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012