Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 21, 2012
    After completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more funAfter completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more fun i'm sure. Gameplay - 10/10
    The sound is really as good as Diablo II although the music is very different, but still very good. Voice acting is also great although I was a bit disapponted with Diablo's voice. Sound - 10/10
    The graphics are also very nice, but of course the new art direction sometimes reminds us about Warcraft too much. I hoped that it would be a bit darker, but it is possible to change the colors and contrast with a kind of a "mod". The character models are really interesting (although again, it would have been nice if there was more effort put in Diablo's ingame model) and all the places also look really great. Graphics - 9/10
    And finally the story. I will try not to spoil anything by only writing abstract thoughts about some storyline decisions. Unfortunately, it is the weakest aspect of Diablo III. It was really predictable and some characters are just not right for Diablo universe. It seemed as if there was not a lot of effort put into it. Especially the storyline about the Black Soulstone was a bit too simple I think. The main chracters were all interesting, although the scoundrel and the jeweler were kind of annoying. Also I didn't really like what was done to Tyrael. The ending was good but it left some trivial and more serious unanswered questions. I think that there could have been a bit more explaining about what happened after the last boss fight. With that been said I think the story (and Diablo's voice) was the only thing that disapponted me a bit, but it wasn't bad of course - it just could have been better. Story - 8/10
    So my final rating would be 9.25/10 but I am giving it 10 because the majority of bad ratings here were given just because these people couldn't log in to the game or just couldn't pirate it because of constant online connection. Of course, it had serous launch problems, but those angry with this should't have come here and rate the game 0, they should wait for Blizzard to fix them. So, thank you, Blizzard for going away from WoW a bit and giving us a sequel to one of the best games of all time, not ruining it in the process. People are definitely going to play Diablo III for years to come.
  2. May 21, 2012
    Yes it's more casual that Diablo II, yes there is less customization and building, yes there are servers issues at launch. But in the end, it's definitely a Diablo with all the Blizzard polish and gameplay quality that we were waiting for. The story is just great, gameplay mechanisms are definitely rich, fun an promising for high difficulty level, the difficulty this way higher than weYes it's more casual that Diablo II, yes there is less customization and building, yes there are servers issues at launch. But in the end, it's definitely a Diablo with all the Blizzard polish and gameplay quality that we were waiting for. The story is just great, gameplay mechanisms are definitely rich, fun an promising for high difficulty level, the difficulty this way higher than we could have feared in 2012.
    It's a Diablo, and a good one. But yes, it's diablo III, in 2012, and not Diablo II in 2000, the video-game industry has changed and I feel that some people just can't accept that. It's sad to be so haunted by past games that you can't appreciate those of today. It's a different kind of game, not a bad one :)
  3. May 21, 2012
    I doubt this will even be looked at, but I feel like I have to say something in the wake of so much negative reaction from the Metacritic user base. First of all, is the game perfect? No. There is no getting away from the always on connection and lag in a single player game from time to time -- both of which are a pain. However, these are gripes that can and will be ironed out; offlineI doubt this will even be looked at, but I feel like I have to say something in the wake of so much negative reaction from the Metacritic user base. First of all, is the game perfect? No. There is no getting away from the always on connection and lag in a single player game from time to time -- both of which are a pain. However, these are gripes that can and will be ironed out; offline mode added, number of servers increased, etc.

Once you get into the game, it's still the most enjoyable isometric franchise I can ever remember playing. Combat is satisfying and challenging at higher levels. The classes all have a distinct and differentiated feel about them. The story is good, but the amount rich lore there is to uncover completely enhances it. Graphics could have been better. Environments are stunning but character models definitely have more than a touch of Warcraft about them. I understand that there is a lot going on in certain dungeons, and I've debated with myself if the pros outweigh the cons in this area. I concluded that considering the amount of strain it puts on your system I expect a better end result in this day and age. It's not a gamebreaker by any means, though. In some ways the sound makes up for it. Voice acting, backing tracks, combat effects: all note perfect.

With more content to be added in the future, such as PvP, I do think the potential is there for this game to last years. Some will question if it's better than Diablo 2. The answer is: of course it is. The real question is: is playing the game now in 2012 better than when you first started playing Diablo 2 way back in the late 90's? That's trickier, and only you can answer that one. I can't get past my nostalgia to give a definitive answer, and I suspect ultimately it comes down to how long I genuinely want to keep playing the game for. The best I can say is that I want to want to keep playing it, because right now it's currently my game of the year.
  4. May 21, 2012
    PLEASE READ BEFORE GIVING A BAD REVIEW!

So it has been 11 years since Diablo II. Blizzard took longer than it needs and Diablo 3 is not perfect, but it does set a new standard for RPG. Constant Connection: ok, not everyone is happy with this. Some people still doesn't even have internet or very slow one. But if by doing this, it creates a fair and none-hackable environment then I'm
    PLEASE READ BEFORE GIVING A BAD REVIEW!

Constant Connection: ok, not everyone is happy with this. Some people still doesn't even have internet or very slow one. But if by doing this, it creates a fair and none-hackable environment then I'm willing to live with it.
    Skill set: this is awesome! Setting the skill table like this, players can create a bunch of combinations as the style they like and don't need to waste money or coin or reset their points. Good Job! but I expect more choices and unique gameplays, either a new character or 2nd rune level.
    Graphic: not the best but it can be played by regular computer or laptop so you dont need highest quality graphic card. Should have an option for higher resolution for hardcore players. Auction House: I don't like rich kids get to pound ass but it is a choice. Honest players should be able to make money for their hard work. People says Blizzard trying to make money out of this but I don't see how since the money goes straight to another player and they don't sell coins for US $. The transaction fees is transaction fees, lol, for paypal and the people work in it. Others: No more identify and portal scrolls, omg, yes! Fun with friends, yes! A massacre bloodbath, yes, but more nasty, more blood and more creepy please! 9 out of 10, it's really good but can be improve. Thank U Blizz.
  5. May 21, 2012
    This game being my first endeavor into the Diablo universe, or even a blizzard game at that, I was fully expecting some pretty complicated menus and stat spreads or whatever the hell those things are called. I am not in any respect a casual gamer, and though I may piss some hardcore RPG players out there, I found the the streamlined game to be very helpful in getting me to feel prettyThis game being my first endeavor into the Diablo universe, or even a blizzard game at that, I was fully expecting some pretty complicated menus and stat spreads or whatever the hell those things are called. I am not in any respect a casual gamer, and though I may piss some hardcore RPG players out there, I found the the streamlined game to be very helpful in getting me to feel pretty badass from the get go. I did not get the game the first day and have not as of yet experienced any online connectivity problems due to the server being over-loaded. I want to go play Diablo very soon so BOTTOM LINE: It is a very fun game that is streamlined for new players, which understandably pisses off the vets. Although it should be more complicated with a little more customization options, the gameplay itself is absolutely outstanding. I mostly play an 360 hooked up with an HDMI, and I am a prissy little **** when it comes to graphics, but I found myself not really giving a **** about this game's graphics because of the sheer fun I was having. This is the first game to take me away from Skyrim for a bit (but **** the world when Dawngaurd comes out.) I did not give it a perfect 10 because ....well holy **** I can't think of a reason not to give it a perfect 10. You can dye your armor, that's enough customization for me. Please pardon the ****ing swearing. Expand
  6. May 21, 2012
    I'm going to start this off by saying PLEASE DISREGARD ALL THE NEGATIVE USER REVIEWS. 98% of them are either copy-pastes of each other, or the people who wrote them provide no valid support for their arguments about the graphics, sound, gameplay, or the online interactions. Or they're just totally over-reacting over the rough launch the game had (server issues, basically). Those are prettyI'm going to start this off by saying PLEASE DISREGARD ALL THE NEGATIVE USER REVIEWS. 98% of them are either copy-pastes of each other, or the people who wrote them provide no valid support for their arguments about the graphics, sound, gameplay, or the online interactions. Or they're just totally over-reacting over the rough launch the game had (server issues, basically). Those are pretty much smoothed out now. Also, people really need to understand that going by hype when it comes to games is ALWAYS a mistake, no matter how good the game really is. Diablo 3 is made by BLIZZARD, so of course it's going to get way over-hyped. More importantly, the previous Diablo games were made back during the golden age of games, which is sadly gone now. This type of game was very unique in those days, so OF COURSE the first two Diablo games had that awesome wow-factor that games these days rarely match. Diablo 3 came out a DECADE after its predecessor. That's a very long time. You can't expect it to be an instant cult classic. Actually, the very fact that it's this good after a whole decade of other loot games coming out and watering the genre down is pretty impressive. Anyway, regarding the details. Diablo 3 looks great. If you compare it to Diablo 2, it's light years ahead in visuals. Spell effects are awesome looking (though tend to be expensive to render, even with the limiter enabled). The big open fields and dungeons you get to explore have a very awesome painterly look to them and it can be very hard to tell where polygons are even at sometimes (this is a very good thing).. Diablo 3 looks great, despite not having super high tech shaders, high poly models, and high resolution textures. Blizzard did a fantastic job budgeting the visuals so they were relatively inexpensive to render while looking great. People complain about it looking too cartoony and I guess they expected Blizzard to go for a realistic look. Quite frankly, Diablo 2 never even had a realistic look to it to begin with, so the mindset that Blizzard screwed up with the visuals is pretty convoluted in my opinion. Diablo is a fantasy after all. Cartoonish and surreal visuals are practically a staple amongst the genre. Regardless, Blizzard maintained a level of grittiness suitable for the Diablo series, while giving the art style a deft touch. That's a win in my books. And sounds? I think the ONLY thing I could possibly complain about is the occasional iffy voice acting on certain characters. Decard Cain's "feeble Sean Connery-sounding" voice gets a bit annoying at times, but he's only in the first act, so it's not a big deal. A few random skills have weak sound effects I guess. The impact sound for the Barbarian's leap ability is a bit odd, for instance. Other than that, the soundtrack is fantastic and the voice casting is overall pretty solid. As for plot and story. Yes, it's not the strongest and some things are predictable, but it's there and it's presented in a way that isn't intrusive to gameplay at all. It's there to give you a sense of direction; why you're in this dungeon and what your primary goals are throughout each act. The pre-rendered cinematics are absolutely incredible to watch too. something Blizzard has always done incredibly well (just make a movie already). There's minor cut scenes which are just sketched art on books, with your character narrating events and whatnot. Those are surprisingly painless to watch. Overall, Diablo 3's story just flows with the gameplay nice and simple, even if it's not riveting or totally original. On to animations. This is one thing that's somewhat weak regarding Diablo, and is one of the reasons I'm giving the game an 8. Animations aren't HORRIBLE but they're not perfect either. In-game cutscenes are rather awkward to watch because what TECHNICALLY goes on in cutscenes is so misguided and poorly emphasized in the character animations. Blizzard didn't really bother to do any extensive choreography for characters, so they simply look like NPCs moving around in the game world rather than characters acting on a stage. It's a very common thing in video games and it's not a HUGE letdown or anything, though if Blizzard had done some serious choreography, it would have gone a very long way and made experiencing the actual story a lot more enjoyable. As for combat and whatnot, animations look fine to me. Monster mobs look menacing at times, and your abilities LOOK like they pack a punch (especially if you go Monk or Barbarian). Character movement animations are solid, and the basic attack animations are well-done. Essentially, combat encompasses all the strong points of Diablo 3's animations as whole. Lastly, the gameplay is fantastic. Simple controls, overhauled inventory system, skills are very intuitive. Combat is very fun and fast-paced. I miss the customized attribute system, but the new system works great, even if you get less customization. Not a HUGE deal though. Expand
  7. May 21, 2012
    People are ridiculous. I mean i'm sorry but blizzard knows the potential for this game to be pirated and I for one agree with their decision to make it online all the time play. I mean nobody **** about wow being online always. and honestly with the threat of piracy it could literally make this games sales a complete failure. this is because diablo 3 is all about the main story so ifPeople are ridiculous. I mean i'm sorry but blizzard knows the potential for this game to be pirated and I for one agree with their decision to make it online all the time play. I mean nobody **** about wow being online always. and honestly with the threat of piracy it could literally make this games sales a complete failure. this is because diablo 3 is all about the main story so if you could pirate and play the games single player offline.. then you could play the entire game all the way to lvl 60 and play any character you want and experience ALL of the currently available content other than playing with your friends.. then i ask you what would be the point of buying the full game? piracy is a very real threat to gaming companies and i agree with any of them that do something like this to protect what they have created. everyone complains....... BUT ITS OUR FAULT we created this problem by stealing games and now we are paying for it and by god its time to pay the piper (and the mob goes wild with anger at a problem they started). game developers dont pirate their own games WE DO!!!!! ITS OUR FAULT that they have to take extreme steps such as this. I can only imagine how hard it is to make a decision like this and to know how much the community will be angry about it, but what choice have we given them? i mean really think about it for a second. they put a lot of hard work into this game and they dont deserve to have it pirated by millions of people. and for those dissapointed with graphics, they may not be battlefield 3 graphics BUT with the amount of spells and enemies and things going on in the game and especially with multiple players there's no way it could work nor could anyone's rig handle it and that is why the graphics cant be as good as something like battlefield but i think they're great just the same :D. ALL you have to do is look at a game like dwarf fortress or mine craft and see how those games can challenge even the very best PC's to run i mean dwarf fortress is aski script for gods sake and people with quad SLI and 4.6 GHZ processors still feel lag in the later parts of the game ( i dont hear anyone complaining about the graphics in those games). the game is fantastic and everyone is just upset that they have to pay for it.. SO GET OVER IT. spend some of your money instead of stealing other peoples hard work. and i have also heard others say that it is to short and that they beat it. I highly doubt it. maybe they beat one play through. well wake up people that is just the tutorial the real game begins when you are lvl 60 playing through the highest difficulty and that is where the real game takes place and the real challenges begin. each group of enemies is so extremely challenging. the first play through is a walk in the park so why not try playing the REAL game and then tell us what you think. All in all I would suggest this game to anyone and everyone.. and no im not a crazy fan boy.. i dont like diablo 1 or 2 and i only got Diablo 3 because i had the annual pass for WOW.. but oh my was i pleasantly surprised with this GEM of a game. IT IS FANTASTIC. more than ever this game is much better and more appealing to a wider audience than the other two games but still has everything a hardcore fan could want in a sequel. the game is just a great time and with friends its even better, story(8/10)- the story is dark and gritty and doesnt take itself to seriously for the most part. I for one loved it!
    Sound (10/10)- The music is best in series and amazing in every way.
    Graphics (9/10)- the graphics are nice and the spell effects are great i love the feel and look of the world!
    Gameplay (9/10)- Fun and easy to get into yet very difficult, versatile and satisfying as the game goes on
    Multiplayer(10/10)- one of the best coop games to date! FUN AS HELL!
    Interface(9/10)- nice polished and easy to use interface, it works perfectly.

the game is great (DRM or not) and if you want a fun challenge to delve deep into and spend a long time mastering and a great coop experience to have then this game will not disappoint. the story, world and soundtrack are all beautiful in their own right and because of these elements you will quickly find yourself deeply immersed in the dark world of Diablo!
  8. May 21, 2012
    Great game. I was really worried about Blizz efforts to make this game stand out and improve upon the predecessor. But they didn't fail. Suprisingly the new environmental mechanics proved to be extremely fun. Classes are varied and interesting. Story is detailed and captivating. I think I would still prefer talent trees to this strange skill slot sytem, but it is not that big of a deal.Great game. I was really worried about Blizz efforts to make this game stand out and improve upon the predecessor. But they didn't fail. Suprisingly the new environmental mechanics proved to be extremely fun. Classes are varied and interesting. Story is detailed and captivating. I think I would still prefer talent trees to this strange skill slot sytem, but it is not that big of a deal. One thing I don't like is that I can't play singleplayer due to online server maintanance. But I guess this is the price of living in our times. Generally - really cool game, Blizzard delivered once again, I would recommend this to any hack'n'slash and rpg fun. Expand
  9. May 21, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER I HAVE PLAYED IT SO MUCH AND CANT STOP PLAYING AND I NEED TO DO HOMEWORK GOD DAMNIT STUPID SCHOOL I WANNA PLAY DIABLOOOooooooooZOMGLOLroflmao
  10. May 20, 2012
    From he familiar roots of Diablo two, comparing it to three is like comparing it to a set of identical twins. ithe game stays to its roots and provides that interesting and fun challenge that comes to it. from the interesting gameplay, to the continuation of awesome legends like Decard Cain and Tyrael, Diablo three expands off of Diablo 2 and makes it even better.
    The gameplay is
    The gameplay is simplifyed, and true no skill trees, but that doesent define how good the game is supposed to be, why whine if something is easier for you to do? the game still provides interesting skill choices and combinations that creates that strategy that i love about the game. perhaps it would be better if it was slightly longer, as a fan i always wish it was so, but even then there should be no dispute, Diablo 3 is as every bit a classic as i wish, well worth the 59.99 i paid for it.
    and quite honestly, id like to add that sure you unlock stuff at every level but thats a strength not a weakness, i enjoy everytime i level my Wizard class avatar to see what new tricks i can unleash against the Burning Hells.
  11. May 20, 2012
    Even I encounter a secious problem while installing (which take a whole day to solved), but once I played and found out that Blizzard still at thier best! Diablo 3 is the best Action RPG with new system has been improved from the second, make you addicted and want to keep playing through.
  12. May 20, 2012
    I love it it had a ruff launch and normal was easy but when you get past that its a really awesome game! If you have only played it trough on normal you should go back and play it again.
  13. May 20, 2012
    The game itself is great, immensely addicting. Only issue is constant online connection. There aren't servers in Australia i believe meaning we get quite high latency my ping on average is around 500-800 in a game when i'm playing by myself and no one else is in my game!
  14. May 20, 2012
    I find it so pathetic that according to the people who have spammed this game with 0's or 1's are calling 20 distinct reviewers corrupt. Right because Blizzard went to every single review site in existence and payed them off in one massive Illuminati conspiracy right? Somehow they have bribed every site and no leak. Not one single leak has come out of this. The reason these reviews areI find it so pathetic that according to the people who have spammed this game with 0's or 1's are calling 20 distinct reviewers corrupt. Right because Blizzard went to every single review site in existence and payed them off in one massive Illuminati conspiracy right? Somehow they have bribed every site and no leak. Not one single leak has come out of this. The reason these reviews are high is because *shocker* it's a great game and you are all whiny brats who are crying over not being able to log in for a day or because of an Internet connection. You are extremists. A reviewer is reviewing the GAME not the always online connection. Grow up. Anyway really great game. Love it. Expand
  15. May 20, 2012
    Such an addictive game I've already racked up 25 hours into it. Playing as a Wizard and I'm having a real blast. If you are a fan of RPG's or just Blizzard in general pick the game up you wont be dissapointed. Also, all of those who have threatened lives of Blizzard employees or have wished death upon them. You have been reported. Really makes you sad that a video game can bring people toSuch an addictive game I've already racked up 25 hours into it. Playing as a Wizard and I'm having a real blast. If you are a fan of RPG's or just Blizzard in general pick the game up you wont be dissapointed. Also, all of those who have threatened lives of Blizzard employees or have wished death upon them. You have been reported. Really makes you sad that a video game can bring people to threaten someones life. What a world. Expand
  16. May 20, 2012
    First of all, When I started playing this game and even now, I feel like I am playing Diablo for the first time. It is just that awesome. If you are looking for a clone of Diablo 2, then look elsewhere or just play Diablo 2 instead of complaining like so many CoD kids are. If you are not trying to rush through and just enjoy everything first time through, then it is NOT short at all. TheFirst of all, When I started playing this game and even now, I feel like I am playing Diablo for the first time. It is just that awesome. If you are looking for a clone of Diablo 2, then look elsewhere or just play Diablo 2 instead of complaining like so many CoD kids are. If you are not trying to rush through and just enjoy everything first time through, then it is NOT short at all. The grim Gothic environment has mostly been changed and replace. While it still is grim goth a lot of the time, blizzard aimed and succeeded at making the world seem like a surreal painting.
    The loot system is mostly the same, except when you do multiplayer, everyone gets their own loot drops thus no ninjas (got a complaint? Grow up)
    The skill system has been completely changed, as it should be to make a sequel and not an expansion/clone.
    It is still the general grind, slaughter, loot, and repeat just as always (Hack'N'Slash in general) The audio and atmosphere is brilliant, which includes all the classic sounds, great music like always from blizzard, and great voice acting (more voice acting than EVER) and finally the trademark blizzard humor is there in all its glory (if not overdone..but its blizzard its always overdone.)
    Party size is either you and a single mercenary (which are actually good and have character), or up to 3 or 4 players but no mercs. Difficulty greatly increases the more people in the game like borderlands. Also Story wise: Can't say much but it definitely give huge details about the first games story and more background to that than ever.

The only TRUE problems I have with this game would be: Online only (because of the real money Auction house), and id perfer a better zoom option. Other then that, absolutly love it and I hope this helps for at least trying the Trial version that goes up to the Skeleton King. Sadly most of the people whining are whining about the wrong things or just doing to be trolls. Animations and graphics are nice, are blizzard style, and really if ya got a prob with them...sigh...just stop and go play CoD or look at a pretty picture
  17. May 20, 2012
    The DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and fourThe DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and four difficulty levels and billions of items make for a fantastic game. Diablo 2's failure was that most items were bad, most skills and builds were bad, and online everything was hacked. Diablo 3 has none of those problems. Incredibly disgusting monsters, frightening gangs made chilling by fantastic music and environment. This is a game that will draw you in, if you let it. Expand
  18. May 20, 2012
    Metacritic user scores never mean anything anyway, everyone goes by the critic's score.
    This is a perfect example of why. People slamming the game because of minor and expected launch issues. This game is incredible, as long as you don't expect it to be Diablo 2, and just play it for what it is you will not be disapointed.
    This game requires a constant internet connection. People are

This game requires a constant internet connection. People are complaing but the truth is this is not a single player game. I have had more fun and social moments playing this throughout the week then I have had during my 2 months of SWTOR. Brilliant game. The mechanics are tuned perfectly. Sound and voice work is great. The graphics are pretty ancient but are saved but excellent art and style. I would rate 9/10 but am putting 10/10 to slightly make up for all the half assed negative reviews from people who haven't even played the game...
  19. May 20, 2012
    Wow lot's of Blizzard haters. Always stick with the critic reviews. As of this posting 20 of them all positive. User reviews are a joke for this game. It's a piss party.
  20. May 20, 2012
    This game is amazingly fun. It's too bad that so many people gave it bad reviews simply because of connection issues. Just listen to the critics on this one.
  21. May 20, 2012
    The best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has all of the trademark compulsive perfectionist production we have come to expect from blizzard releases. The game is under an unfortunate smear campaign because of people upset with the bumpy launch, which is a given with large scale online releases. I blame this mostly on people who started playing WoW after launch, and are not familiarThe best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has all of the trademark compulsive perfectionist production we have come to expect from blizzard releases. The game is under an unfortunate smear campaign because of people upset with the bumpy launch, which is a given with large scale online releases. I blame this mostly on people who started playing WoW after launch, and are not familiar with launches of this magnitude. Negative user reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, as you can see, the official reviews are 100% positive. Expand
  22. May 20, 2012
    Diablo III is probably my second favorite all time game. As soon as I picked it up at Gamestop the day of release I've been hooked. I don't care what people say the game has a lot of great features and choices. After an hour into the game I noticed how easy it was for new players to get used to Diabl III's easy playability. The one and only problem I had with it was the occasionalDiablo III is probably my second favorite all time game. As soon as I picked it up at Gamestop the day of release I've been hooked. I don't care what people say the game has a lot of great features and choices. After an hour into the game I noticed how easy it was for new players to get used to Diabl III's easy playability. The one and only problem I had with it was the occasional glitching (normal). No matter how much people hate it I will always be by Diablo's side. Expand
  23. May 20, 2012
    Yes you have to deal with Blizzard's garbage policies. Yes it's worth it. I don't know where all the naysayers were months/years ago while the game was in development, because 90% of the complaints people seem to have about the game have been known about for a looong time. No Diablo 3 isn't perfect, but it is a worthy successor in the series.
  24. May 20, 2012
    LVL60 Monk @ Act 4 Hell Difficulty

1. This isnt an FPS so the graphics arent supposed to be on par with BF3. Compare D3 to D2 and theyre worlds apart. The animations is what makes this game amazing in the "graphics" department as well as the environments. 2. This isnt an RPG, its a dungeon crawler. 3. I cant stress this enough, you havent BEATEN the game until youve beaten the game
    LVL60 Monk @ Act 4 Hell Difficulty

2. This isnt an RPG, its a dungeon crawler.

3. I cant stress this enough, you havent BEATEN the game until youve beaten the game on INFERNO difficulty. Normal and Nightmare are a breeze to beat and it only starts getting hard when you get to HELL difficulty. 4. Problems playing? Well its a newly released game, and now works perfectly fine after 2 days of updating from blizzard. I cant believe all these scrub gamers who know nothing about video games (yea i said it, you all probably just casual gamers) can complain about launch issues. I wonder how many people were trying to access the servers within the first few days all at the same time.

This game works like its supposed to be and im looking forward to what they do with a PvP system.

-fuzz
  25. May 20, 2012
    Excellent game !
    Done right, no bugs.
    Quite adictive and fast, could be a bit longer tho.
    Even tho every one complains that you have to be online, I really don't care.
  26. May 20, 2012
    As i grew up with diablo 1 and 2 i really wanted to play this game, as i see people are rating this game either with 10 or with 0 so i am not going to do the same... In general terms the game is good, fun and addictive like the old versions of it. Maybe i was missing the 2 previous games too much but i was happy to get back to the diablo universe. The gameplay is classic diablo like we allAs i grew up with diablo 1 and 2 i really wanted to play this game, as i see people are rating this game either with 10 or with 0 so i am not going to do the same... In general terms the game is good, fun and addictive like the old versions of it. Maybe i was missing the 2 previous games too much but i was happy to get back to the diablo universe. The gameplay is classic diablo like we all know it, the cinematics are great and i do like the graphics, even if it feels like there is a part of the goth atmosphere of the old games thats missing and i dont understand exacly what is the reason behind that, although you are fighting demons like always. All in all i am having a lot of fun with diablo 3 and i think that people are a little unfair to it. That being said its an expensive game so think well how much you like the diablo franchise, collecting loot and hack and slash games in general before you buy it Expand
  27. May 20, 2012
    Apparently Metacritic refuses to format my text correctly, so instead of my long review that I wrote, I'll say this:
    Blizzard hit the nail on the soulstone once again.
  28. May 20, 2012
    Absolutely AMAZING . Pay no attention to the low user score created by people butthurt that they had to wait for an hour on launch day to log in. Everything I expected it to be and more.
  29. May 20, 2012
    I'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtimeI'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtime on release day). Further, I'm having a ball! I love this game. It's total fun, and my friends (who are old-time Diablo game players) are loving it, too. I really think the complainers are in a very small minority. Kudos to Blizzard for another incredibly good game! Expand
  30. May 20, 2012
    This game is definitely what I had expected a Diablo sequel should be. I love the character abilities (playing mostly monk atm) and I love just how the overall game plays. I for one am happy for the removal of stamina, skill trees, and shared loot. It has made the game a much more enjoyable experience with out the grief or hassle of those systems.

The only reason why I rate this a 9 out

The only reason why I rate this a 9 out of 10 is because I encountered a couple server hiccups that caused me to not play for a few hours. Although this will become less and less in the future, it is the only thing hindering this near perfect launch.
  31. May 20, 2012
    I was waiting for this game for years, and then i have it, the game is awesome, the gameplay, the soundtracks, the outside, the Lore, all is perfect, maybe the scenario isn't that good but got some epic moments. Would have expected less help during quests, but maybe one of the best game this year. Some people expect for torchlight, why? Less graphism? Good game still but no scenario, onlyI was waiting for this game for years, and then i have it, the game is awesome, the gameplay, the soundtracks, the outside, the Lore, all is perfect, maybe the scenario isn't that good but got some epic moments. Would have expected less help during quests, but maybe one of the best game this year. Some people expect for torchlight, why? Less graphism? Good game still but no scenario, only 3 classes.. Expand
  32. May 20, 2012
    Blizzard delivers, as always. A thoroughly addictive game that is all I expected it to be. More combinations of skills than the last game, individualisation by hard to get items and challenges in the bossfights.
    To all the DRM haters out there, think about this the next time you download a movie or game.
  33. May 20, 2012
    It's a fantastic game with great gameplay. The graphics are perfectly fine - there are in fact lower textures, but this allows the game to run on lower end equipment (which is great), and you are never really looking at small details in D3 anyway. The gameplay is outrageously addicting - and the new character customization is tremendous amount of fun. Compared to D2, D3 is substantiallyIt's a fantastic game with great gameplay. The graphics are perfectly fine - there are in fact lower textures, but this allows the game to run on lower end equipment (which is great), and you are never really looking at small details in D3 anyway. The gameplay is outrageously addicting - and the new character customization is tremendous amount of fun. Compared to D2, D3 is substantially better in every aspect. Expand
  34. May 20, 2012
    Please don't listen to all the haters and people that can't understand that the DRM is there for 2 VERY VALID REASONS, the first to combat the horrible piracy that plagues PC gaming, the second to stop all the PITA dupers/cheaters/haxorz that plagued D2. Personally, I have no problem w/ it, Blizzard has every right to ensure they get paid for the product they created, and I would MUCHPlease don't listen to all the haters and people that can't understand that the DRM is there for 2 VERY VALID REASONS, the first to combat the horrible piracy that plagues PC gaming, the second to stop all the PITA dupers/cheaters/haxorz that plagued D2. Personally, I have no problem w/ it, Blizzard has every right to ensure they get paid for the product they created, and I would MUCH rather have this system than deal w/ all the cheaters that were in D2. As far as the game itself, I'm really enjoying it. They took the things that made Diablo 2 the great game that it was, removed all the erroneous bits that wasted peoples time and caused serious aggravation, and the resulting product is a game that is VERY fun to play that I look forward to playing for many, many hours. The graphics, while not breath-taking, are decent enough while still ensuring people w/ older and lower-end PC's can still play it. The gameplay is virtually the same that we all loved in D2, the ONLY difference is they took out the parts that weren't needed, and that I agree with (although a lot of people don't seem to). What they did, and what a lot of people aren't happy about, is they removed the stat allocation, which lets be honest, was pointless anyway b/c everyone knew what the best stats were, and ONLY put them there. The new stat system gives you the most points where your class needs them, and a few in the rest, it works well. The same w/ the talent-trees, they weren't really necessary b/c every class only had two viable builds anyway, which meant only a handful of available talents got used. The talent-trees were replaced w/ a Rune system, where each class has a bunch of skills to choose from, and then each skill has "runes" which are used to customize, and change how the skill works, and what it does. It's really not as "dumbed down" as people say, and honestly the only people that say that seem to be ones that haven't played the game, or played it without really giving it a chance.

TLDR/To sum it all up, the game is A LOT of FUN. If you even remotely enjoyed Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Torchlight, or any of the other ARPG's, do yourself a big favor and don't buy into all the hate out there and try the game out for yourself.
  35. May 20, 2012
    Ill admit when I first started playing I wasnt that impressed. But when I got to act 2 something happend that doesnt happen very often to me. I started telling myself I need to turn this game off because I have some things I need to do. But I was having a hard time doing it. Thats when you know your playing something special. Yes, the online part is not what I wanted either,but I haventIll admit when I first started playing I wasnt that impressed. But when I got to act 2 something happend that doesnt happen very often to me. I started telling myself I need to turn this game off because I have some things I need to do. But I was having a hard time doing it. Thats when you know your playing something special. Yes, the online part is not what I wanted either,but I havent had any problems once launch calmed down a bit. The environments are varied and makes want to explore and of coarse the loot is endless addiction. Ill be playing this off and on for a long time. The only gripe I really have is I wish you could start the game on a harder difficulty since normal feels a little on the easy side. Wont stop me from playing it though! Expand
  36. May 20, 2012
    ERROR 37 is gone. It has been gone for days now. All these people saying otherwise are not telling the truth. Metacritic needs to give a week or so before user reviews are allowed in. The amount of trolling that occurs on this site is sad and pathetic. The game is getting rave reviews and people are talking about how great it is for a reason. It's fun and very addictive. The only onesERROR 37 is gone. It has been gone for days now. All these people saying otherwise are not telling the truth. Metacritic needs to give a week or so before user reviews are allowed in. The amount of trolling that occurs on this site is sad and pathetic. The game is getting rave reviews and people are talking about how great it is for a reason. It's fun and very addictive. The only ones spamming this game with 0's or 1's and 2's are the **** trolls. Right because this game is worse than Duke Nukem Forever or Game of Thrones right? Rolls eyes Expand
  37. May 20, 2012
    Si bien en el comienzo existieron muchos problemas para conectarse, hoy en día se encuentra muy estable y no se me ha presentado ningún tipo de problema al a hora de jugar. Dejando de lado esta parte, el juego es muy bueno, te dan ganas de explorar cada uno de los rincones, como también de probar otras clases las cuales son muy diferentes entre si, laSi bien en el comienzo existieron muchos problemas para conectarse, hoy en día se encuentra muy estable y no se me ha presentado ningún tipo de problema al a hora de jugar. Dejando de lado esta parte, el juego es muy bueno, te dan ganas de explorar cada uno de los rincones, como también de probar otras clases las cuales son muy diferentes entre si, la casa de subasta me parece un punto muy acertado. Lo único que no me gusta es que sea siempre Online, pero la culpa la tienen los mismos usuarios, que muchas veces prefieren piratear, por eso mismo es que se ha perdido el modo LAN que venia en todos los juegos de blizzard y ahora hasta estamos perdiendo el modo offline.
    Por ultimo no se merece la notas que están dando los usuarios, le coloco un 10 solo por que encuentro que han sido injustas, en verdad a este juego le doy un 9.
  38. May 20, 2012
    The game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play theThe game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play the game. I'd recommend this to everyone who likes to play a game where, co-op, single-player and pvp is mixed together into awesomeness. Remember guys this isn't Diablo 2, it's Diablo 3. Expand
  39. May 20, 2012
    This is my first Diablo game ever, and I really, really like it. Its not the most beautifull game, though it looks pretty artistic, the gameplay is FANTASTIC i truly love it. A litlte shame i cant play right now bcause the servers are down.
  40. May 20, 2012
    Entitlement issues strike again. D3 is a really great game and as a non-fan of ARPG's I actually love this game. Decided to buy it to see what all the hype was about and wow is it fun. Fast, frantic, with a good story and lots of lore all over. It's a game that everyone should try and doesn't even take much to run. This whole fuss with bombarding another game with 0's is due to the factEntitlement issues strike again. D3 is a really great game and as a non-fan of ARPG's I actually love this game. Decided to buy it to see what all the hype was about and wow is it fun. Fast, frantic, with a good story and lots of lore all over. It's a game that everyone should try and doesn't even take much to run. This whole fuss with bombarding another game with 0's is due to the fact that it requires you to be online to play. I've heard stories of the old Diablo games being infested with hackers and if this prevents that I'm okay with it. The game has been up and running just fine. Also, maybe if people didn't pirate games at the ridiculous amount that they do something like this wouldn't happen. Expand
  41. May 20, 2012
    It's normal to have a few probleme at the release... 'cause This game is AWESOME and i'm sure we're legion and million to play... I'm a fan of the oldschoold Diablo 1 and 2 and i really appreciate Diablo 3.
  42. May 20, 2012
    I'm writing this review after playing through nightmare and normal difficulty. Each landscape has an beautiful and unique design, wide range of creatures, great lore, exciting events and quests. It's not a photo-realistic textured/shaded game but the designs are very clear, beautifully painted and stylized such as any blizzard game. The story is enjoyable and is supported by cutscenes andI'm writing this review after playing through nightmare and normal difficulty. Each landscape has an beautiful and unique design, wide range of creatures, great lore, exciting events and quests. It's not a photo-realistic textured/shaded game but the designs are very clear, beautifully painted and stylized such as any blizzard game. The story is enjoyable and is supported by cutscenes and amazing cinematics, events and all sorts of stuff. The audio is good and voiceovers are very extremely well narrated.

Combat is silky smooth (just like any Blizzard game), clear and has a nice variety of reaction time and tactics and hack&slash. Skill variation may seemed a bit dull at start but provides a great sense of depth later on. You'll be thinking about what skill/rune/passive to use on a certain bossfight and in combination with party members and followers. This doesn't really count for normal and the start of nightmare mode, since those are easy.

Server issues were horrible in the EU and US during the the games first week, however everything seems to be okay for the moment.

Honest.
  43. May 20, 2012
    All of you are serious! saying that this game have bad graphics!? If you do, then a lot of you doesn't know anything about good looking game. I confirm that game has a cartoonish look, but for me it looks great, i maxed out video settings and graphic is simple pleasant ( i am playing games 14 years, played D1 and D2) Compared to Diablo 2, Diablo 3 have outstanding graphic and sound. DontAll of you are serious! saying that this game have bad graphics!? If you do, then a lot of you doesn't know anything about good looking game. I confirm that game has a cartoonish look, but for me it looks great, i maxed out video settings and graphic is simple pleasant ( i am playing games 14 years, played D1 and D2) Compared to Diablo 2, Diablo 3 have outstanding graphic and sound. Dont expect with 10 years old computers to run this game (graphics built in sprites is behind us and D3 have to evolve so your computers with it) and rate it low only because you are not able to play on old computers. I am enjoying playing this game and already finished it, but started over with another class and i dont feel boring playing again the same. I am giving the 8 from 10 because you have to be online all the time if you want to play and -1 for short story (finished for 12 hourses on normal) Expand
  44. May 20, 2012
    Who judges a game based on their connection? Never had problems with server or lag. Online single player/multiplayer, all good. DRM? There's no big online title without DRM, it's the future people. Deal with it. Could use a lobby though.
  45. May 20, 2012
    Initial launch problems and always- online drm aside, I can safely say that this game will consume the next few months (years?) of my life! 4 difficulties and 5 characters- there's not many games that I would consider playing through 20 times over. At first I thought the way they've changed the skill system was a bit odd, but it does make sense, still tonnes of options and it encouragesInitial launch problems and always- online drm aside, I can safely say that this game will consume the next few months (years?) of my life! 4 difficulties and 5 characters- there's not many games that I would consider playing through 20 times over. At first I thought the way they've changed the skill system was a bit odd, but it does make sense, still tonnes of options and it encourages experimentation over forethought- in d2 you would have to level a new alt to try out a different build, which you might end up finding its a fail, or just not fun to play. I've seen people complaining that the game is too short after killing Diablo on normal, but this is missing the whole point of the game- the constant character improvement and gearing that continues into nightmare mode and beyond. Liked the storyline, it's nothing mind blowing and it is very predictable, but it does the job. Visuals are brilliant- they may not be the highest quality compared to other AAA games, but the art direction is superb and it fits the game just fine. Character models seem a little bland close up, but it's not a major concern to me tbh.

All in all, Diablo 3 is superb- true the fact you are reliant on the battle.net servers even in single player is a major pain in the butt, but to be honest the only day I had any problems was on launch, and I've only had 1 disconnect since then. Well worth the £28 I paid for it.
  46. May 20, 2012
    It was fun until all my characters were deleted because blizzard can't manage this game. Only get this game if you like having fun for a couple hours and then raging because the data bases are gay.
  47. May 20, 2012
    Hatch of the year! You must have an internet connection to play single player! When starting, still need to enter a password, and when you lose connection with server it crashes and you have to pass boards from the beginning. At the moment from 4 hours is technical breakl - you can not play the game!
  48. May 20, 2012
    This kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realizeThis kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realize when you rage on a website like this, you completely ruin the entire concept. Have you really not noticed that pretty much EVERY sequel on meta gets a 50-30 user score, but every new game, even if its **** gets a 80+? Not to even mention the ridiculous unbalance between user and critic score. This fan boy retardation of the gaming community needs to stop. This is the equivalent of banging a supermodel and only after having sex for hours saying " meh, you were better the first time. 0 out of 10" Now to my actual review.
    * Story: F%#king amazing. I was blown away with how epic and heroic they make you feel, unlike diablo 2 where it seemed like you were just kinda involved in the conflict. The cut scenes are the most beautiful 3d rendering i have ever seen, better than final fantasy. *Graphics: FPS fanboys along with others will be disappointed by the lack of reflection and lens flare burning images into their cornea, but the graphics are GOOD do not be fooled by RAGERS. All of the landscape in this game is absolutely breathtaking, and guess what? its RANDOMLY GENERATED. Every other game i have ever played with randomly generated terrain, to be honest, was ugly. The epic views you get while up on a cliff or on a castle battlement were so breathtaking I had to stop slaying demons just to stare. The spell effects are super sexy, along with the physics engine that sends demons flying in your wake.

*Game play: Instead of a big skill tree with good skills scattered in between **** ones that you have to get first, diablo 3 opens itself to complete customization. You have 6 spells and 3 passives at any given time, but the amount of total spells and passives is around 50+. And on top of that, you can augment your skills to make them behave completely different, raising the number of skills to around 200 per class. And the best part? You are not stuck with ANYTHING. Remember how in diablo 2 if you but 1 point into int on a barb, that character was considered ruined? None of that here. Respec WHENEVER you want at NO cost, means that instead of living and getting just an ice mage, you get an ice fire and arcane mage. its a brilliant setup.

The only reason that this game looses 1 point in my mind is because you can pay 2 win, but the fact that your paying another player instead of some black market item seller lessens this blow.
  49. May 20, 2012
    Amazing game! If the servers won't crash, everybody will be happy. Let's do no critic the servers. The game is important, not the problems with servers. Diablo 3 is the most beautiful rpg game that was creating since the pc was born.
  50. May 20, 2012
    Comment manifester son mécontentement face aux problèmes de connexion incessants ?

Depuis le début impossible de jouer dans de bonnes conditions : c'est tout bonnement inadmissible pour un jeu SOLO. Qu'on soit obligé de se connecter pour un jeu en ligne c'est tout à fait normal. Qu'on se retrouve avec une galette dans son lecteur CD qui n'ait aucune utilité c'est tout de suite plus dommage.

Voilà les raisons de mon 0 pointé. Ne pas pouvoir jouer à un jeu payé au prix fort ne mérite aucune autre note.
  51. May 20, 2012
    I think the game is very good, a masterpiece tbh. However like many others i realy dislike the dependability of the blizzard servers. Beside that i think the hosting party is doing a real bad job. 1) Was not prepared for the early storm 2) patching on sunday 3) lag issues which realy suck in deathmatches. Deciding to make it a online game was bold and gave some benifits to the game,I think the game is very good, a masterpiece tbh. However like many others i realy dislike the dependability of the blizzard servers. Beside that i think the hosting party is doing a real bad job. 1) Was not prepared for the early storm 2) patching on sunday 3) lag issues which realy suck in deathmatches. Deciding to make it a online game was bold and gave some benifits to the game, however this will only succeed if the hosting party does a good job. The fact that people grade this game so low is imo justice for the poor hostingjob. Strange from a party that has so much experiance with onlinegaming.

PS;) Softwaredevelopers you did a great job and i feel sorry that ur hardware collegues messed it up for you ;)
  52. May 20, 2012
    Great customizability, great looks, great gameplay. Also the multiplayer aspect is easy and its loads of fun to play together with little more than a press of a button. I have enjoyed this game immensely. I also really like the cutscenes, I don't get why loads of peeps seem to be hating on them.
  53. May 20, 2012
    I waited to finish the campaign on normal mode before writing a review. Something people really should do in my opinion otherwise you don't get a review, you get a rant. Aside from the connection issues which are still cropping up every now and again this is an excellent game. The production values are outstanding. It is extremely fun to play alone, and fantastic with a group of friends.I waited to finish the campaign on normal mode before writing a review. Something people really should do in my opinion otherwise you don't get a review, you get a rant. Aside from the connection issues which are still cropping up every now and again this is an excellent game. The production values are outstanding. It is extremely fun to play alone, and fantastic with a group of friends. That's really all that should matter in a review of a game. I feel sorry for people who are unable to play due to connection issues, it's not fair and Blizzard should do something to compensate them. That said, it's a separate issue and should not effect the score here. It is no longer just a single player game and the online only requirement is a necessary evil that shouldn't make any difference to most people. The animation, visual effects, story and atmosphere are some of the very best ever created, and certainly the best in this genre. It's a great game that will undoubtedly become a classic regardless of this bumpy start, and I guarantee every reviewer here trying to punish Blizzard by giving them bad scores will soon enough be playing and enjoying it themselves. So do yourself a favour, buy it, play it and enjoy yourself. Expand
  54. May 20, 2012
    I have been a pc gamer for the last 20 years and dungeon crawlers have come and gone.from the earlier diablos to presently torchlight.they all have there own unique feel.All the negative feedback on meta critic scoring this game a zero is an insult to the people that spend a lot of there time making this game for your pleasure.Yes the game had teething problems but they said sorry and II have been a pc gamer for the last 20 years and dungeon crawlers have come and gone.from the earlier diablos to presently torchlight.they all have there own unique feel.All the negative feedback on meta critic scoring this game a zero is an insult to the people that spend a lot of there time making this game for your pleasure.Yes the game had teething problems but they said sorry and I can honestly say I waited until yesterday to purchase the game and everything went swimmingly.no connection issues at all. Diablo 3 is the most fun I've had with a pc game sinces baldurs gate .heres looking forward to many hours gameplay. Expand
  55. May 20, 2012
    I have played the game but get booted too many times after about 15-20 minutes,telling: error 3007.
    I don't know why but because you can't save yourself you have to start all over agian from the stage the game has saved.
    Its really annoying.
    After no problems with diablo 2 i regret i bought this game.
  56. May 20, 2012
    All those negative reviews are all about "no sp, can't login." They only had probelms with the login server on the release date. The game is really beautiful, the cutscenes are awesome (Blizzard has always done awesome cutscenes). IMO The graphics are fine and the gameplay has been improved. There is nothing else to say but "BUY IT".
  57. May 20, 2012
    A thoroughly good game. Il quickly address the main issues that people seem to be getting annoyed at. Firstly; Connection issues. Its been a little more than a decade since the last Diablo game. How on earth can anyone expect the servers to remain stable with the disgusting amount of people logging on to play. These issues will resolve themselves (And don't give me that nonsense aboutA thoroughly good game. Il quickly address the main issues that people seem to be getting annoyed at. Firstly; Connection issues. Its been a little more than a decade since the last Diablo game. How on earth can anyone expect the servers to remain stable with the disgusting amount of people logging on to play. These issues will resolve themselves (And don't give me that nonsense about expecting a game to work immediately). Secondly, character customization. What the hell were you expecting to look at from a top down game!? Who cares about customization when you CAN'T see what you've potentially customized. I would go on to talk about some other issues but its pretty much just children who are butthurt from not getting to play within an hour of getting Diablo 3 and other tiny issues that didn't appease their niche wants and needs.

Now, to review the game.

Graphics: I wasn't expecting everything to be made of Diamonds and for my eyes to get a massage by beautiful Asian masseuses so I was not disappointed on any fronts. In fact. The Graphics are pretty damn hot. No complaints

Story: What do you expect from a fantasy dungeon-crawling loot game. Fun and compelling story with some kick arse cut-scenes (A particular favorite is at the beginning of Act 2 where to Angels "discuss" their differences)

Gameplay: I was never attracted to this style of game, thus I never played Diablo 1 or 2. I got this game because of the hype and this being the first top down RPG I've played, it certainly has not disappointed me and is a great incentive to try other top down RPGs. The combat is dynamic and smooth with some very nice effects from spells. Lots of spells and abilities that can be utilized by the different classes, ranging from hacking demons to bits with axes to blasting them back to oblivion in particle form using huge orange beams of death from the Wizard. Lots of other abilities to explore from the other classes. I hear Demon Hunters can use duel wielding, rapid fire crossbows (Not sure how that works but oh well) to rain death down upon your foes. I've yet to try about the voodoo abilities available as well as the super-fast Monk class.

Sounds: Not much to talk about here. As always, Blizzard does not hold back. lovely original orchestral soundtrack. Really adds to the atmosphere during cut-scenes.

Lasting appeal: I haven't finished the campaign yet but Im expecting to play through it 4 more times with the different classes. Great replay value as far as I can tell and is a game that will stick with you for a long time.

Closing Comments (Stealing from IGN):

A very well built game with no major design flaws or game-killing bugs. Some lovely graphics and gameplay coupled with an intense story and characters leads to a game that has thoroughly destroyed any chance of me passing my A levels
  58. May 20, 2012
    There comes a time when positive and negative must way up against each other..diablo is a point and click adventure that is good for what it was made to do but not great as it should have been. As consumers we were hyped up at the idea of a perfect romp of gaming bliss only to be dismayed.But some that had the opportunity to play it were not dissappointed. Its the majority that could notThere comes a time when positive and negative must way up against each other..diablo is a point and click adventure that is good for what it was made to do but not great as it should have been. As consumers we were hyped up at the idea of a perfect romp of gaming bliss only to be dismayed.But some that had the opportunity to play it were not dissappointed. Its the majority that could not not play due to poor servers that have had the biggest gripe,not to mention the majority that forget that a product that does not work is not a product but rather a grand idea. I bought the game and waited for the errors to reside, and i was not dissappointed at all. Diablo 3 is enjoyable, I have spent over 30 hours playing the game and was surprised to see how such a simple idea of click left,click right 1234 could be so addictive once again. Diablo 2 was a great game,many days of dungeon crawling,however this time round its just better,all-round! graphics,sound,story is okay,but it is still diablo..We all knew servers would be a problem,but if you are patient and give the game a chance you will enjoy the adventure over and over again..well done blizzard, just hope i can log in now have to level up! Expand
  59. May 20, 2012
    The game starts getting awesome in nightmare, and in hell it's just amazing. Normal is pretty much faceroll. I wonder how many of the people who gave reviews here actually finished hell. I also wonder why people gave the game such horrible reviews, and I think I know why. Because they expected D3 to be a revolutionary game, like D1 and D2 were. It's not, but it's still a good game.

There

There are some problems with it, but most of them aren't actually related to the gameplay. Logging in during the first 24 hours of release took at least 10 minutes (first login took me 1 hour) and the AH didn't work a few times. I'm not really bothered by the game being online only, because I want to use the AH (no, not the RMAH). And why are people bothered by pay to win? If you don't want to do it - don't do it. Why are you so bothered by this ? It ensures the game will stay constantly updated.

The sounds and voice acting are awesome, and the discussions between the character and follower / other characters in the game are sometimes very funny.

About the graphics - I find them quite good for this type of game. They definitely could have been better, but I have no complaints here.
    About the graphic style - I've noticed people saying it's doesn't have the style of previous Diablo games. Well, I beg to differ. The gore-ish style of previous diablo's is actually enhanced, but not necessarily by the graphics style alone, but by the atmosphere in general.

If someone looks at the end area of act 3, with the pool of blood, and 2 chained demons screaming, accompanied by the comments of the spider demon, and tell me with a straight face that it's not gore-ish enough, I wouldn't know what to reply. And there are more similarly gore-ish zones.

The skills are quite nice, there is no skill tree, but people don't understand that the challenge in D3 is picking 6 skills + one of their runes (and each rune has a use in certain situations) out of ~30 skills, each with 5 runes. Playing with a barbarian I really wanted to have both the damage and life buff, but I couldn't afford to sacrifice any other skill, so I went with the life buff.
  60. May 20, 2012
    For the newly initiated, you can add 4 points to the User Review score due to people posting 0's because they do not like DRM. For those with internet connections (ahem), this really is a great game. I'm currently a level 25 (Barbarian), 500 achievement points, have been completing everything, grabbing all loot, etc... (taking my time) and am having a BLAST. The story is well done and theFor the newly initiated, you can add 4 points to the User Review score due to people posting 0's because they do not like DRM. For those with internet connections (ahem), this really is a great game. I'm currently a level 25 (Barbarian), 500 achievement points, have been completing everything, grabbing all loot, etc... (taking my time) and am having a BLAST. The story is well done and the voice acting is top notch. Sound in general are nearly perfect. The auction house (just started using it) is great, just used my gold from the game (I would never use real money to buy virtual things, sorry Blizzard) to pick up some freaking awesome armor and two axes. Throw in randomly generated maps, and characters that are wildly different means I will be playing this at least one more time (whenever I finish the Barbarian, that is, already about 30 hours in, probably half way through?). Super fun game. Sorry to the folks with bad internet connections. That does suck, and feel for you (I do not like this DRM type either), but when used in the environment Blizzard forces you to use it in, it is a kick butt game. Expand
  61. May 20, 2012
    Orrible drm ruined this game... WAY TO GO BLIZZARD
  62. May 20, 2012
    0 out of 10 by so any due to minor technical Blizzard have more or less sorted out. More like 9 out of 10. Best game this year so far for me. Graphically nothing spectacular but the amount of action on the screen at any one time is very smooth and very nicely done. Anyone moaning about Blizzard's DRM have a valid point but that should not detract from what is a very good game. But one0 out of 10 by so any due to minor technical Blizzard have more or less sorted out. More like 9 out of 10. Best game this year so far for me. Graphically nothing spectacular but the amount of action on the screen at any one time is very smooth and very nicely done. Anyone moaning about Blizzard's DRM have a valid point but that should not detract from what is a very good game. But one great thing about Blizzard is that it has a very good structure for not allowing any pirated games on its servers and that's a good thing. If you want a fantastic RPG with gorgeous graphics with awesome story telling stay with Skyrim but if you want 100 miles per hour non stop action this is the game for you. For anyone who put a review on this before Tuesday afternoon should realise that a company like Blizzard have the right to protect its games from pirates like Pirate Bay etc and they give no free ride so they can make the best MMO, ARPG and Strategy games around. Otherwise you will be stuck with games like FIFA, COD etc who bring out games every years with nothing more than a glorified update. If DRM is the reason you gave this game 0 then go on again and play Diablo 3. Expand
  63. May 20, 2012
    Overall I really like this game and in many ways it has improved over the previous installment. The combat is awesome, the skills integrate nicely into it, and the environments are really interesting, varied and are visually impressive. There is also a huge amount of replayability with the different class variations and also through difficulty levels and new loot/items that continue toOverall I really like this game and in many ways it has improved over the previous installment. The combat is awesome, the skills integrate nicely into it, and the environments are really interesting, varied and are visually impressive. There is also a huge amount of replayability with the different class variations and also through difficulty levels and new loot/items that continue to scale with your level no matter which difficulty you are playing. The downsides for me are the animation style which, instead of having the gritty look of previous Diablo games, looks more like something out of Warcraft - I assume this was intentional in order to entice WoW players - and the character models are quite poor; the voice-over is also quite cheesy and so again not in keeping with the tone of the previous games - a tone which I wish that they had maintained. However, these are generally fairly small complaints and overall I've had a huge amount of fun. As a result I'm really looking forward to playing again with a new class.

All that aside, I think the server issues have been totally unacceptable, and are the reason I give this game an 8 and not a 9. I would have been willing to accept the requirement of a constant server connection during gameplay, so long as it did not interfere with the game itself or your ability to play it. However, this has obviously not been the reality: the debacle that was the game's launch does not need any explanation, and even several days following its release I still experience laggy gameplay - something that should absolutely NOT happen during a single-player gaming experience. And as I am writing this, the Blizzard servers are currently down due to an "issue with the Battle.net service". The fact that this now prevents me from playing the game (on single-player) altogether is totally unacceptable and Blizzard should be compensating people in some way for releasing a product that clearly does not work properly or function as advertised.
  64. May 20, 2012
    This game shows very strongly what is wrong with metacritic as a whole. I have read through all of the negative (0) scores and not one of them I can agree with. Diablo 3 is an amazing game and even better is the fact that its an action rpg. Something that big companies normally doesn't dare release and yet blizzard does so which is just outstanding. The DRM is gay I will admit that but itThis game shows very strongly what is wrong with metacritic as a whole. I have read through all of the negative (0) scores and not one of them I can agree with. Diablo 3 is an amazing game and even better is the fact that its an action rpg. Something that big companies normally doesn't dare release and yet blizzard does so which is just outstanding. The DRM is gay I will admit that but it doesn't mean that the game deserves a score of 0, that is just ridiculous. Expand
  65. May 20, 2012
    Blizzard serves up another winner with this fantastic online experience. Yes online, as the product was never once advertised as an offline single player experience. Confused or uninformed reviewers seem to over look this fact. May be it's nostalgia or misguided expectations, but don't let these reviewers make you over look what is most likely this years best PC game. Yes, the servers wereBlizzard serves up another winner with this fantastic online experience. Yes online, as the product was never once advertised as an offline single player experience. Confused or uninformed reviewers seem to over look this fact. May be it's nostalgia or misguided expectations, but don't let these reviewers make you over look what is most likely this years best PC game. Yes, the servers were a little unstable for the first few hours, but now the servers are fine and the game is very playable and extremely fun. Diablo III is a perfect balance of simplicity and complication. Its easy enough for a casual player to get on and really enjoy the game while also customizable enough for skilled players to min/max and experiment for the best results with interesting choices. With the new inferno difficulty level those skilled players will be put to the test like never before. The atmosphere and story of the game is well done and Blizzard has done a very good job supplementing the game with many pieces of information and dialogues that get new players up to speed in this epic trilogy's tale. Once again, don't believe most these bad reviewers as more than likely many of them are playing right now and are for some silly reason allowing their uniformed minor disappointment to discourage other people from playing this gem of a game. Expand
  66. May 20, 2012
    Best ARPG in last 10 years, it deserves 9/10, but i'm giving it 10/10, because of all this cry babies that are trashing score, only because of server overload in the first 2 days...
  67. PL3
    May 20, 2012
    Drm is sh1t.

Still, this game is awesome. Level desing awesome, a lot of replay value, good story line, cinematic are just crazy, the gameplay is good, I wanna see the future of this game so bad. I dont like the fact that you have to leave your game to check the AH, then go back in a game and lost your MF Bonus. 4 players is perfect. I just can't imagine 8 players play in the same game.
    Drm is sh1t.

I was septical first because i'm a big fans of the diablo series, but now I will be a fans forever and ever.

9 is a good note, connection issue at the launch was freaking stupid but the game is great so. I hate people here say crap because they can't play for like 3 hours. Stop crying you noobs.
  68. May 20, 2012
    Please ignore the massive amounts of negative reviews because 95% of them are due to player ignorance.

Low raitng for Online-DRM/no single? - The reason is to prevent offline hacking which was a huge problem in Diablo 2, having it server based prevents that. Honestly this game is much better as a cooperative game. Also if you don't have an internet connection then you are living in the stone ages.

Low rating for bad graphics? - You can't compare Battlefield 3 graphics with this game, and that being said can you really ask people to buy 1500 dollar computer to run it?

Low rating for being too easy? - You can't bash on the game being too easy if you're playing the easiest difficulty. Try playing hardcore mode(Death is permanent) and finish the fourth difficulty and let's see what you say about 'easy'

Low rating for no skill tree/lack of customization? - Ignorant to the 'elective mode' option. Which allows you full customization of your skills which you can change ANYTIME on the fly. This also allows you to try a wacky character build without having to create and level a character from scratch to find out it's not very good.

I hope this clears up the 'ignorance' that plagues the negative scores.
  69. May 20, 2012
    Yesterday i bought the game, installed it and played it without any problems.
    Don't have any problems with being online as my pc is always online.
    I like the game. Not the best, but just a good game.
    I'd give it an 7.5, but gets a 10 because of all the pathetic 0 it gets from people who couldn't play it the first day.
    Just pathetic, as if may 15 was the only day you could play a game.
  70. May 20, 2012
    Totally disagree with most user reviews. Diablo III is GOTY and much better than Diablo 2. Only I expect that the PVP arenas and the auction houses be ready soon.
  71. May 20, 2012
    TLDR: Great game, some release issues. Most polished, deep and captivating aRPG ever released. Will be hard for PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 or others to match this one. Not revolutionary in much, but everything it does have works and works EXTREMELY well.

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more: Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more:

Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before I get into Nightmare mode! This is an incredibly fun and addictive aRPG. A lot of depth that will not even become available to you until you are 20+ hrs into the game. I've only played it for 8 hrs but that was enough to get a feel for the barbarian class. If you like these kinds of games then this is more of the same with an added dash of love and awesomeness. The challenge does ramp up and yes it's a clickfest and gear stat driven game, but it works and the story is good enough to pull you along. Voice acting is spot on. Music is incredible. The amount of variation in level design and enemy design is VERY VERY good for how rich and detailed the game world is. especially compared to other aRPGs. I am knocking off 1 point for the painful release servers and another point for the annoying always-online DRM, but would quickly add back 1 point if the latency I was getting wasn't > 200 ms with some noticeable server stutter at times (this is more likely due to me being in Australia and having to play on 'the Americas' servers... than anything wrong with the netcode which seems fine. I actually hardly notice the latency except maybe once or twice an hour).

Auction house is very easy to use, has good search functionality and I was able to sell equipment and buy stuff that I wanted easily. Very fluid system. No issues. I think this adds great replayability and what not to the game. Also the ability to created socketed items and move the gems around is really nice as I'm no longer worried about breaking gems and losing things that took forever to earn. Also this is really good for creating alts as you'll be able to start them with a set of full socketed gear to give them a huge DPS advantage in the early levels and get through it quick.

Achievements are not normally my thing, but in a game like this they feel akin to the achievements in TF2, where you've always got something random to work towards and it's just another fun diversion during the chaos of battle.

Dungeon design - I am IN LOVE with the dungeon design. The worst dungeon design i have seen in my life was Dragon Age 2. Bioware, play this game, they have randomly generated dungeons with repeated art assets and I'm YET to feel like I'm in the same dungeon ever. Nailed it Blizzard! Halls of Agony were EXCELLENT.

Multiplayer - easy enough to get into, found my friends nicely. Works. No issues.

9/10.
  72. May 20, 2012
    Good story, nice multiplayer platform, definitely not easy after you finished normal. Cinematics were awesome, classes are distinct. 10/10
    It has been a long wait, and hell good thing this is worth it.
  73. May 20, 2012
    Aside from the constant online connection. The game is beautiful. It is like meeting an old friend after not seeing them for 11 years. The game structure is more accessible. The way the new skill and rune system keeps things fresh as multiple characters of the same class could function differently. This is a simpler yet more streamlined version of what you got in Diablo 2. Overall a veryAside from the constant online connection. The game is beautiful. It is like meeting an old friend after not seeing them for 11 years. The game structure is more accessible. The way the new skill and rune system keeps things fresh as multiple characters of the same class could function differently. This is a simpler yet more streamlined version of what you got in Diablo 2. Overall a very enjoyable experience, sadly the constant online connection requirement is a big downer. If you don't mind that Diablo has returned in all its glory. I am very happy that they stuck to their roots and remained faithful to what made Diablo a fantastic hack/slash game to start with. Expand
  74. May 20, 2012
    This is simply the best arpg ever, nothing more nothing less...

I do not get all the haters out there.. if you dont like it you probably didnt buy it so dont rate.. because you did not play it!?

The game is more fun the more you play, unlike in other arpgs you never want to create a new character until your current one gets perfect. It really gets addictive.
  75. May 20, 2012
    I'll start with the negatives. The community. The user reaction to Diablo 3's release is the reason it's still negative to say you're a gamer. Diablo 3 has been designed to be a cloud-based game from the start, and yet people are whining like pathetic children as if they only just learned about it today. For people who hate always online systems, they sure seem to love putting money intoI'll start with the negatives. The community. The user reaction to Diablo 3's release is the reason it's still negative to say you're a gamer. Diablo 3 has been designed to be a cloud-based game from the start, and yet people are whining like pathetic children as if they only just learned about it today. For people who hate always online systems, they sure seem to love putting money into them.

Not only that but many are complaining that the game is "unplayable." I'm sorry, was Blizzard unable to let you play for a small handful of hours out of the years of time to play it following launch? That must be awful!

Enough of that though. On to the good. Diablo 3 presents a remarkably satisfying art style. It's clean, ambient, and provides just the right amount of gore for a good hack and slash experience. Despite being slightly cartoonish it still provides a dark feeling in many areas.

The combat is superb. Blizzard has perfected it from the previous games, streamlining it. You simply form your preferred build and go at it. There's no worries investing points into an ability you'll never use, or putting points into abilities just to find out what they're like only to learn you're stuck with them. There's also a nice balance between damage, utility and defence. The new resource sytems also help separate D3 from other dungeon crawlers.

The story was rather underwhelming to be honest. It felt very anti-climactic in several scenes that should have been very dramatic. Still, it wasn't bad. Just not amazing. However the music and cinematics were absolutely fantastic. Blizzard once again lives up to being the best developer ever in terms of cinematics.

Overall I'd give it 9/10, but I'll make it 10 to counterract the idiots giving it 0.
  76. May 20, 2012
    Another polished, near perfect game from Blizzard. This is the ARPG genre at its finest. Character customization is more like a sandbox and allows you to experiment freely, the areas are huge, art style is gorgeous, and the music is just amazing. I wish they sold the soundtrack. Really, really fun game. I had login issues the first night but it was to be expected. They had over 2 millionAnother polished, near perfect game from Blizzard. This is the ARPG genre at its finest. Character customization is more like a sandbox and allows you to experiment freely, the areas are huge, art style is gorgeous, and the music is just amazing. I wish they sold the soundtrack. Really, really fun game. I had login issues the first night but it was to be expected. They had over 2 million preorders. After the first night everything was perfect. Expand
  77. May 20, 2012
    Why are people still reviewing this game based on a problem that happened on launch and half a day after? The game has been working just fine for days now. If you are having DC issues it is your comp. The servers have been up and the errors are gone. So everyone claiming the game has connection issues is not telling the truth as of this moment. Big deal you couldn't play a game for a day.Why are people still reviewing this game based on a problem that happened on launch and half a day after? The game has been working just fine for days now. If you are having DC issues it is your comp. The servers have been up and the errors are gone. So everyone claiming the game has connection issues is not telling the truth as of this moment. Big deal you couldn't play a game for a day. First world problems. Anywho, Im really enjoying this game. I never played the second Diablo but I did play the first. It's streamlined to perfection and it's just flawless. Bug free and addictive gameplay. Not to mention the amazing CGI Blizzard is known for. Expand
  78. May 20, 2012
    This game are so awesome. I still waiting for 12 years ago for this game, and this is perfect for me.
    The history and the gameplay is true to the Diablo series, and the development for the Characters, is very special. It's true. We don't can assign points in strength, dexterity, vitality and Intelligence. but, In this time, We'll have to see objects and statistics of our luggage, to get what we want. With ability to do many builds of combat. This game is no longer suffering from the error 37 or 75. Not even the Templar and bug shield.
    Thus, enjoy this game, start to shut up and good luck in your fight against Diablo.
    As one would say in my country:
    ¡ A VICIARSE ! :D
  79. May 20, 2012
    2051 negative rating so far and I beleieve they're wrong or they just didn't like the need for being online in this game. I understand Blizzards attempt at fighting piracy and totally agree with them to make the game online based only. The majority of players in the US playing pretty much all have internet anyway. I was hesitant at first to buy this game due to playing the beta and that2051 negative rating so far and I beleieve they're wrong or they just didn't like the need for being online in this game. I understand Blizzards attempt at fighting piracy and totally agree with them to make the game online based only. The majority of players in the US playing pretty much all have internet anyway. I was hesitant at first to buy this game due to playing the beta and that was crappy. I thought..."This doesn't at all feel like Diablo." My love for the game though won out and I preordered it online so I was ready on day 1. I agree with the others that day one was horrible. But come on...you've got a whole life time to play the game...what is one day compared to the enjoyment of playing a Diablo game. I LOVE THIS GAME. There...I went ahead and said it. For those of you who are reading reviews and not buying the game because of all the negativity...buy the game and then make your complaints. This is definitely a Diablo game. I felt like Diablo 2 when I was playing the first act. The level of detail of the background is just gorgeous and awesome at the same time. The music is pretty outstanding. For those of you complaing about the characters being cartoony...have you seen all the other hack and slash games of this generation?! They are nothing compared to what Blizzard has done with Diablo 3. The characters are not cartoony. If the developers of Diablo 2 had the same resources that we had today...I'm pretty sure they would look like Diablo 3. If you want cartoony characters...go to Torchlight 2. After all...a lot of them are developers of Diablo 2. Gameplay was exciting...and intense...especially hardcore. OH MY GOODNESS...don't get me started on hardcore...best feature of the game if you want intensity. EVERYONE...buy this game...seriously...buy it. Expand
  80. May 19, 2012
    So many people say "pay to win" yet the real money auction house isn't even in the game yet...I mean that is someones sad attempt at coming up with a reason to hate a popular new game.
  81. May 19, 2012
    I find it hilarious that the only people giving Diablo 3 a low score are the ones who can't log in and play due to the incredible number of players over loading the servers...

Cry some more, I hear that will get rid of your error 37.
  82. May 19, 2012
    Ignore the problems with the server and the fact that some people want an off line mode, this is your normal diablo game, Hack and slash and get all the amazing loot. Yeah the story seems like it needs more but thats always been diablo always give me more. If you never played a diablo game before and try to compair it to other games like elder scrolls you will be disappointed. I love theIgnore the problems with the server and the fact that some people want an off line mode, this is your normal diablo game, Hack and slash and get all the amazing loot. Yeah the story seems like it needs more but thats always been diablo always give me more. If you never played a diablo game before and try to compair it to other games like elder scrolls you will be disappointed. I love the game and cant stop playing it, its all about the items. Anyone who puts a bad review just because they could play on launch night is just being dumb, what did you expected when million yes million of people all try to log in at once. Yes i had a problem the first night but its been fine now I would encourage you to buy this game and give it a shot, even if you are on the fence play D2 and the exp same idea as D3. Expand
  83. May 19, 2012
    My original review has been withdrawn. Pending further exploration of the gameplay, characters, art design, story, etc. Multiplayer-side will hopefully be thoroughly tested too. Reason; I began to look past the initial annoyances and, although they still bug me somewhat, I have seen a side of the game that I had overlooked, blinded by mostly unfounded rage. So, based on what I haveMy original review has been withdrawn. Pending further exploration of the gameplay, characters, art design, story, etc. Multiplayer-side will hopefully be thoroughly tested too. Reason; I began to look past the initial annoyances and, although they still bug me somewhat, I have seen a side of the game that I had overlooked, blinded by mostly unfounded rage. So, based on what I have experienced in the game so far, I will give Diablo 3 an 8. Expand
  84. May 19, 2012
    Initially, I was frustrated as many ppl were regarding connectivity issues. After reconfiguring my router, however, I was able to play for the most part flawlessly. In terms of what I find enjoyable about the game is that is is extremely fun to play. Also, I can tell a lot of time and effort was taken to make the game as great as possible. Is it a flawless game, definitely not. Does itInitially, I was frustrated as many ppl were regarding connectivity issues. After reconfiguring my router, however, I was able to play for the most part flawlessly. In terms of what I find enjoyable about the game is that is is extremely fun to play. Also, I can tell a lot of time and effort was taken to make the game as great as possible. Is it a flawless game, definitely not. Does it manage to achieve 90% of it's goal..I'd say hesitantly yes. Perhaps, more like 85% but I give it a Blizzard bump bc Blizzard is usually a quality-game developer. Hence, I think this game deserves a 90%. Expand
  85. May 19, 2012
    Seems to be a lot of trolls posting reviews, but I'm going to be honest. The game is exceptional, sure it doesn't provide the graphics of games such as Battlefield 3. But it is a fantastic game, and if your a fan of the previous Diablo games I would find it hard to be dissappointed with this. People will always find something to complain about - " it's too easy " - Try Hell and inferno -Seems to be a lot of trolls posting reviews, but I'm going to be honest. The game is exceptional, sure it doesn't provide the graphics of games such as Battlefield 3. But it is a fantastic game, and if your a fan of the previous Diablo games I would find it hard to be dissappointed with this. People will always find something to complain about - " it's too easy " - Try Hell and inferno - "the graphics are **** " - Blizzard tend to make games that sell to a lot of people, not everyone has a NASA PC. - "it's too dumbed down" - Sure, in terms of stat distribution and skill choices it is, however in some ways it is almost better like this, it inspires expermentation, and if not that, then decide what YOU think is the best build for you instead of googling it.

Although this is my personal opinion, the game seems to be getting a LOT of hate, with little justification. I hope you guys enjoy it!
  86. May 19, 2012
    I've read the negative reviews here before playing Diablo 3, and after playing through the first act, I have to ask those who give a zero score: Are you serious? Wow. If you honestly think this game has no connection to the previous games or that it pretty damn terrific, you're a victim of hyping your expectations in the stratosphere. No game other than the one in your imaginations couldI've read the negative reviews here before playing Diablo 3, and after playing through the first act, I have to ask those who give a zero score: Are you serious? Wow. If you honestly think this game has no connection to the previous games or that it pretty damn terrific, you're a victim of hyping your expectations in the stratosphere. No game other than the one in your imaginations could have satisfied you.

I agree that the online-single-player component has to go. It stinks. It really stinks. But this iteration of the Diablo series is terrific. Not perfect, but no game is. It's far, far from a zero-through-five rating, though. It has the darkness of the first Diablo, but it also has some mechanics from WoW. I played WoW and it was OK, but I didn't think it was worth the monthly charge. Some of its mechanics are perfectly in place with Diablo. It's not intrusive. If you've played the other Diablo games, it fits right in. It's an evolution of the system.

Which brings me to my next, tangential point: I would guess that most of the zero posters here were still puzzling out there multiplication tables when Diablo 2 came out. I was an adult when it was released and there was much nerd-rage at that time, too. Did you know the original Diablo 2 was 640x480 only... ONLY, when it was released? Imagine the nerd-rage over that fact, alone. It was explosive. There were no runes, and there was no Act 5. All this was changed a year later when LoD came out.

I'm not an apologist for Blizzard. I don't know them; they don't know me. But I do know that they screw up from time to time... and they correct it. Maybe the online-single-player thing will never go away, but maybe it will the next expansion. It's not THAT big of a deal. But the mechanics, the feel, and the length are very well done.

For those who have complained about the game being too short: Maybe. I haven't played through it all, yet. But I can tell those who haven't bought the game that there is a fair amount of exploration to be done and side-dungeons, which will extend play. If you want to blast through the game, you can. It's easy to do, even without any knowledge of what lies ahead -- just follow the road. But what lies off the road is what extends play. Frankly, Diablo 2 got a bit too long in places. I hated slogging through that jungle. Loved the game; hated the jungle act. I'm glad it's a bit more concise, now.

So, for those who are on the fence about Diablo 3, buy it. You won't be disappointed. The feel is more like Diablo 1 than Diablo 2 (in the first act, anyway). I like that. Contrary to some posts here, Diablo 3 is less "cartoon-y" than Diablo 2... and the graphics are waaaay better -- less chunky. The graphics are on par with Titan Quest, for instance. Not at all bad and probably necessarily not cutting-edge because of the amount of moving enemies on the screen. Technology has limitations where fevered fans' imaginations do not. Buy the game, maybe not the Collector's Edition, but it's well worth the money for a good romp in the world of Diablo again.
  87. May 19, 2012
    Read this entire review, please. You won't understand if you don't.

Read this entire review, please. You won't understand if you don't.

As a longtime player of every non-WoW Blizzard game, as a honorable person, and as what I hope comes across as on honest gamer and game culture enthusiast, I have to say I am ashamed to call myself a player of Diablo III, based solely upon the complete unfairness and laughable immaturity of my fellow 'gamers'. I will admit freely that I have not completed the game. In fact, the meat of the game stretches before me like a long path filled with candy, hookers, and lots and lots of squishy undead and demons. But I can tell that this game... this wonderful epitome of what it means to be a dungeon-crawler with a solid story backing... will be enjoyable in its entirety. I cannot give this game a perfect ten until I get to the point where I have beaten the game. Now, as shown in the other user scores, the community is quite upset about the use of DRM and a server that is not on your PC to run every instance of this game. To explain this, here is an excellent quote from a good friend of mine:

"DRM sucks. Having to be connected to a server to play alone sucks. And thousands of people are complaining about that today... yet most of them don't understand why Blizzard doesn't offer offline play. They say it's to prevent piracy, when it's not.
    Blizzard has to run servers for at least 10 years to support this game, as they know from their past franchises, for the (very popular) multiplayer component. It shouldn't be surprising they looked for a way to get some recurring revenue from the game so that the ongoing costs are covered by the people still playing it. Their solution was the real-money auction house.
    To run a real-money auction house, they have to absolutely eliminate hacking and duping, or rare items won't be rare and there will be no incentive to create a robust market which Blizzard can earn money from. The only sure way to eliminate hacking and duping is to run D3 like an MMO... put everything on a server you don't control. You can hack your client all day long, but since your characters, the world, mob spawns and deaths, experience and loot are all generated and stored on the server, you can't cheat and create items.
    There is no single player game. They never programmed one. To offer one at this point would be as much design and programming effort as creating Diablo 4. So don't expect there to ever be an offline patch for D3. When you play single player, you're just playing a multiplayer server instance that happens to only have one player in it."

Now, my only PC is a crappy laptop (a 'craptop', if you will), and as such I need to play the game on the absolute lowest graphical settings, and even then the game has crashed my PC once already. But you know what? This game still looks amazing when the graphics are just slightly above those of Diablo II. The cutscenes are as good as the stuff James Cameron puts out. The music is so similar to that of the original that I almost cried when I heard it. The story is excellent, on par with any and all of Blizzard's previous offerings. And, really, stop complaining that you're always online. You're a PC gamer in 2012. The internet is our reality. If you don't like it, fine. But at some point we have to realize that there are just some things we need to give up if we are to continue moving forwards as a gaming culture. In conclusion, I know that most people will hate on me for supporting this game. That's fine. That's part of expressing my opinion. But I cannot sit by and watch a stellar game get lambasted by bad reviews because of their attempt to cover their operating costs in a creative way. The could've charged a monthly fee for this game, I hope you all realize that.
  88. May 19, 2012
    This is Diablo 2 perfected. The new skill system is different but GREAT, no more wasting skill points on useless skills and no need to respec. Party system is very functional and all the server issues have been resolved (it was only released 4 days ago and i havent been booted since day 2). This is a MUST OWN for Diablo 2 fans.
  89. May 19, 2012
    Having played diablo 1 through diablo 2 and all expansions. I can say that diablo 3 is a true diablo sequel the feel and game play that made diablo great is still there. The graphics are great and the soundtrack is good. This game lives up to the expectations of a true diablo fan and it's a great sequel. The server problems were to be expected with any game that requests a InternetHaving played diablo 1 through diablo 2 and all expansions. I can say that diablo 3 is a true diablo sequel the feel and game play that made diablo great is still there. The graphics are great and the soundtrack is good. This game lives up to the expectations of a true diablo fan and it's a great sequel. The server problems were to be expected with any game that requests a Internet connection to play. Blizzard has good job with fixing most server problems and the game is now enjoyable. Giving this game a bad rating without playing it just cause you can't connect to the server for a small time is not right. Over all diablo 3 is great game that is a true diablo sequel. Expand
  90. May 19, 2012
    This is a great action RPG. Here is why it is good: 1) Gameplay: The gameplay is fast and easy to pick up. There is a strategy involved and you don't have to be a complete toolbag about micromanaging all of the stats for your character. 2) Setting: The creators of this game have kept to the same kind of setting you found with the first game. Its dark and oozes with character like noThis is a great action RPG. Here is why it is good: 1) Gameplay: The gameplay is fast and easy to pick up. There is a strategy involved and you don't have to be a complete toolbag about micromanaging all of the stats for your character. 2) Setting: The creators of this game have kept to the same kind of setting you found with the first game. Its dark and oozes with character like no other game world I've known. The graphics are fantastic as well. 3) The Classes and the Loot: I really like the classes Diablo3 has. Sure, you get the classic Mage, Archer, Warrior type classes but these classes just look really cool and the armour sets are so varied it is insane. It take a lot for me to give a game a 9 but I am really enjoying it. The only thing I would complain about is that it is a very non-open world, but this is really just sticking with the same formula from past Diablo games. Also, in past Diablo games the dungeons were randomly generated which I thought was cool and added to the re-playability. I honestly don't know what all of these haters are thinking. The game is fun, stop nit picking and just chill and play the game. Blizzard has done a wonderful job with the game...video game expert and newbies can play this game which is really great from a marketing standpoint and makes it fun for everyone. Not everybody is a 16 hour a day WoW player, give me a break. Expand
  91. May 19, 2012
    This game is well made. There are disturbing trends at work, Explosive negative reactions to things that, in 1999 when i was at my gaming prime would have been forgiven. I dont understand it.;
  92. May 19, 2012
    just to clarify,this is diablo,it feels exactly the same,you'll hate it at the end of the night and then load it up first thing next day,(although some bosses actually require you to move the player about).good choice of characters and lots of drops,only bad thing to say is graphics are a bit underwhelming but if you like diablo 2 you will enjoy.

also reeading reviews i thought it would

also reeading reviews i thought it would be a totally linear follow a track on smal maps,this isnt true,the cathederal is bigger than any diablo 2 map.
  93. May 19, 2012
    Made an account just to review this. The game is amazing, im currently just about to hit level 60 on hell and its just more fun and challenging for every minute that passes. People whine alot about the launch, but they also forget that the technology to handle millions of people connecting to servers at the same time smoothly doesnt exist. Yes they could've implemented a queue system forMade an account just to review this. The game is amazing, im currently just about to hit level 60 on hell and its just more fun and challenging for every minute that passes. People whine alot about the launch, but they also forget that the technology to handle millions of people connecting to servers at the same time smoothly doesnt exist. Yes they could've implemented a queue system for the login-servers, but people would've whined about that to, since the queues would've been hours long. As a diehard fan of the diablo series (dont play other blizzard games) i can say that this is just what i wanted from diablo, the only bad thing i can think of is not being able to distribute stats and rdm. But you forget about that as soon as you start playing. Expand
  94. May 19, 2012
    Let me preface this review with a derisive note to all the "I can not log in" negative reviewers. If 2 Million people try and access ANY service at the same, it will crash there is no way to prepare for this. This problem is not part of the game, no more than running out of gas is a reason to bash your car manufacturer. Now that that is out of the way....

This is a fantastic improvement

This is a fantastic improvement on the previous games. There has been significant overhaul to many of the in-game mechanics. You no longer have to pick what attribute points go where. Instead the character levels up in the manner that makes the most sense for their role in the battlefields. You do not have to worry about building a character that will not be playable because you made poor choices in the the previous levels. The game does not drop the hardest difficulty on you without preparation, Nightmare mode and beyond are not available until you can work your way into the greater challenge. The skill system no longer locks you into just one time choices that you have to pay to respec. Instead respecing is a change as you need it system now. This lets you see what works for you without having to reskill at a cost or even worse make a new character. Overall I would say this is a fun playing experience and is worth the buy.
  95. Auz
    May 19, 2012
    I was at first put off by all the changes made, I had wondered to myself "could this be the same people that brought me D2?" but after putting in a liberal amount of time these initially depressing changes became welcome additions. I mean to be honest I loved the skill system in D2, I don't have the time these days to create multiple lvl 99's to fully enjoy a class. The combat is justI was at first put off by all the changes made, I had wondered to myself "could this be the same people that brought me D2?" but after putting in a liberal amount of time these initially depressing changes became welcome additions. I mean to be honest I loved the skill system in D2, I don't have the time these days to create multiple lvl 99's to fully enjoy a class. The combat is just as fun as ever, the story is just as awesome as ever, and the game plays wonderfully, the longest loading time I had to sit through was about 3 seconds.

Now the reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10.. when mousing over the skills they give you no details about what the ability does, there is no easy way to switch what abilities your using, and well as an older gamer I cannot support the DRM..
  96. May 19, 2012
    Diablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a gameDiablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a game to rush through, but to savor and enjoy in small, delicious slices. People tend to forget that Diablo's charm lies in its own simplicity. People looking for anything other than compulsive clicking and looting should play different games, fortunately the world is full of alternatives. For me, Diablo III is what I wanted. Thanks Blizzard for sticking to the core of this franchise instead of trying to make it something else. Expand
  97. May 19, 2012
    Very a goood diablo, multiplayer are very great ,if you like diablo, you like diablo3, me its ok to be connected to play.

jadore le jeux, super bon diablo, le multiplayer es super le fun
  98. May 19, 2012
    Diablo 3? They should call it Diablo 2.5. I say this because the entire adventure is a massive improvement of the previous game. And I really don't like the fact that I can't modify my character. But it's fun to play and I really like to kill monsters online with my friends. I had the server error only one time in 4 days, my machine runs it perfectly(and I don't have an high-end pc, I'veDiablo 3? They should call it Diablo 2.5. I say this because the entire adventure is a massive improvement of the previous game. And I really don't like the fact that I can't modify my character. But it's fun to play and I really like to kill monsters online with my friends. I had the server error only one time in 4 days, my machine runs it perfectly(and I don't have an high-end pc, I've bought it two years ago) and I've not even experienced a little bit of lag. Thumbs up for Blizzard. Again. Expand
  99. May 19, 2012
    The game is fun, I'll say that. The graphics are rather muddy, more from poor lighting choices than anything else, but the gameplay is relentlessly fun and challenging. The connection issues are severe, I admit, but given Blizzard's status as an enormous company with a lot of resources, we can assume those will go away. So if you're really looking at this game to play in the long-term, andThe game is fun, I'll say that. The graphics are rather muddy, more from poor lighting choices than anything else, but the gameplay is relentlessly fun and challenging. The connection issues are severe, I admit, but given Blizzard's status as an enormous company with a lot of resources, we can assume those will go away. So if you're really looking at this game to play in the long-term, and not just to rage at for a week, the graphics are going to be the biggest turn-off. Expand
  100. May 19, 2012
    I really like this game. It probably doesn't deserve a 10, but this review is mostly to counter the hordes of people who gave bad reviews on the launch day, where the game was a little buggy because of high traffic.
  101. May 18, 2012
    At first it was Diablo 1.
    If was a turnover in the market because of it. Huge ideas came to life, everyone was impressed because they didn't know what to expect.
    Diablo 2 - the game that every person knows. Diablo 2 represents and idea perfected for it's years. It was so fun because it was different. But years started to pass, people got obsessed with the game. When Blizzard announced
    At first it was Diablo 1.

Diablo 2 - the game that every person knows.

Diablo 2 represents and idea perfected for it's years. It was so fun because it was different. But years started to pass, people got obsessed with the game. When Blizzard announced that that they are working on Diablo 3 great expectation from the fans started to build up like this : if one was an instant classic, two the best of the best, the tree has to be better. After 5 years people expected that in the moment they will open the game they will be blown away. It is wrong to think that. There is nothing in universe that will blow away after it is anticipated for 12 years.

Because of this they started to judge the game from the missing feelings of greatness and they closed they eyes to see what the game really is.

Diablo 3 is perfect.

You always got a feeling of moving through a concept art.
    The story is great, pump at the right moment a new line to keep you in the hell illusion.
    Everything is perfectly match - the stats, the weapons etc.

The skills know are great because low level skills still get used in high levels.
    The skills are now changeable and one more thing - are exactly what a human can handle with a two click mouse

The stats, personally i don't care about putting stats point on my own, eventually you will all agree because if you start to look at Diablo 2 - all great characters have about the same build ups in stats.

The online thing. Well it is the future even if you don't like it. And the reason you don't like it is because probably you have an expensive internet connection or a bad one. Another thing, the online only is great because your game is up to date instant and because you're connected with others. I don't get the hype about the online because everyone who complains about it does it online : here or on Facebook.

From my point of view Blizzard did a great job about the game, it is just plain fun and has a lot of parts that will change the market again.
    Blizzard did delivered a superb game, a Diablo game for this decade.
    My only complain is that I had to wait 12 years for the third part.

1. Aug 31, 2012