3.9

1. Apr 13, 2014
    This game isn't a step up from Diablo II, but is in NO means a step down. Beautiful graphics, voice actors, and cinematics make this game look like a masterpiece. Buy it.
  2. Apr 5, 2014
    However this game may be considered a failure by most hardcore Diablo fans, I think the new direction and feel really makes the game better for modern audiences. People don't like change. If we wanted the same game as Diablo II we'd end up making another COD franchise with the exact same thing every time. All the negativity and arguments aside, I really enjoyed my play throughs of this game. The changes Blizzard has made since release, really adds more playability and fun to the game. I consider this a worthy successor to Diablo II, however most people won't agree with me. Perhaps that is because despite playing all of the Diablo games, I started with Diablo III first. Expand
  3. Apr 1, 2014
    I'm confused by the bad reviews. I mean, I understand why people hated on it BEFORE the fixes, but now? There's no justifiable reason to it. It's fun, addicting, has a favorable graphic style and interesting lore. Oh, and the loot is magnificent. This will get down-voted most likely, but just know that with every dislike this gets, it's just an ignorant hater's jimmies being rustled. Great game, don't listen to the haters! Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2014
    When Diablo III first released it was quite a let down. The loot system was broken, it was a slog to level up characters through the far too easy normal and nightmare settings, and the auction house sucked the soul out of what Diablo is at its core. However, since patch 2.0 it's a whole new game. The smart loot system actually drops useful gear that is tailored to your character, the revamped difficulty system lets you get down to the right challenge immediately and many boss encounters have been revamped to add more variation and challenge. This is the Diablo III that should have been released day one. Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2014
    This is one of the best single player games of all time. Plain and Simple if you have internet then you should try it.

The only reason why this game has so many negative reviews is because it requires internet and the fact that when it first came out there was a lot of issues but they have all been fixed and a lot of improvements have been made to that game that make it really good now.
  6. Mar 4, 2014
    Since Loot 2.0 this game is cracking good fun. It took a while (perhaps too long) to iron out the creases. The haters gonna hate. But it is now close to perfection. I still can lose hours to it no worries.
  7. Feb 10, 2014
    Atleast we can know now that Poe and Torchlight has 5,3K fanboys . Like some1 gives a sh1t about their reviews. This is not Diablo or Diablo 2 deal with it . We are in 2014 and things change.
  8. Jan 8, 2014
    Diablo 3 is a good game. It disappoints in some aspects and really appeals in others. The start up bugs are ironed out and the experience is enjoyable but flawed. The plot has serious flaws and the game progress feels very rigid. Its fun how you can change your skills quickly as you choose but the game comes down to being an item grind. Best gear makes the best character and that's the whole purpose of the game. Its an enjoyable experience overall when approached without overwhelming expectations. Expand
  9. Dec 21, 2013
    Wow! 3.8 user score........ people be raging... Well let me start off by saying that i played this game from closed beta then played it for about 6 months after release, Blizzard did make some bad decisions, with the Real money AH and making it pay to win... but they did learn the hard way it seems, because they are taking it out of the game entirely. I would also like to mention that diablo 2 had a lot of flaws in it as well and it was much more popular when LOD came out, Reaper of souls is addressing just about every issue that people below have wined and complained about. Even after all the frustration and let downs diablo 3 today is still a game that i play and have over 600 hours of time logged in and i will continue to enjoy for years to come! Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's been over a year since the release of this game and as all the dust has for the most part settled from the initial fiasco of the internet connectivity issues and a solution for the terrible idea that was the real money auction house (just get rid of it entirely). All in all I've got to say, this game is one of the best dungeon crawlers I've experienced in a long while. I do believe that despite Blizzard being a very successful company, they sure do have a horrible fanbase. The community is some of the worst cases of self-entitlement I've ever seen. They really just feel that the longer they play a game they hate the more Blizzard will break down and do something...in actuality most of us actually enjoy Blizzard's games very much (this one included) and really those who hate it are a small minority who seem to enjoy torturing themselves with "mediocre" games until someone fixes it, which really never happens in their mind. Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2013
    The best action rpg out there so far. It might not be as challenging as diablo 2 but hey you have to think about everyone when you are playing a game.
  12. Nov 6, 2013
    All of the negative feedback for this game is a joke. I am an oldschool diablo 2 player and seriously diablo 3 just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Sure there are a few bugs sometimes, yet I am now on level 43 nightmare absolutely loving the online play in this game. It also go great guns single player.

Hurray blizzard.
  13. Oct 15, 2013
    3.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-3 months of lvling/grinding BUT those 2-3 months are well worth it, the graphics are simply great, mechanics, animations, voices... all of those are topnotch even the story isnt all that bad, hell i would buy this game for the cinematics alone... i mean NO MATTER HOW MUCH DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE this game doesn't deserve 0/10 or are you telling me there is at least 1 person that thinks the graphics are bad? Give me a break. If you rate rate reasonably... taking in consideration ALL of its flaws AND beauties. Expand
  14. Oct 4, 2013
    Diablo 3 in it`s base form is troughfuly crafted game. That`s the base to build better loot system, balance, possibilities, fun. You can hate this game if you played Diablo 2, but mostly is because you never understand what Diablo 3 is. And you`re hater of course. But you also can love(!) the game. And thats something what hater never want let go. I love this game to death. I wish it better and glory future. Game it`s funy, epic, with greatly optimized control, combat system, amazing world, atmosphere of battle against evil itself, Also has great interface, item system and easy way to play with friends. And what is absolutely astonishing is creating a builds. I`m absolutely hot about this thing. It`s funny, variable and hard to learn. Expand
  15. Sep 5, 2013
    I bought this game the day it came out and I have been playing it ever since, and I must say I love every minute I spend playing it. Even when you complete the game you can just keep going (unlike diablo 2 with a level 99 cap), and the fun never ceases. I would highly recommend this game to other gamers looking for a great RPG to get addicted to.
  16. Aug 31, 2013
    The only regret is that I waited all this time to play Diablo 3. That game isn't comparable to other h&s in the market. The details, the structure of the map, battles, story,graphics effects, etc. all to a higher level.
  17. Aug 25, 2013
    OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. This is my favorite overhead game of all time, yep better than Diablo II in my opinion. This is the best looking games ive ever played. The cinematics the best looking ive ever seen. The gameplay is simply fantastic although gets repetitive later on.
  18. Jun 30, 2013
    It`s a Blizzard Game, and Blizzard makes always very good Games. Do not listen to the 0/10 Points Reviews, the most People make this because they hate to be Online, Error 37, the Auction House or the difficult Gameplay on Inferno. It was made really easier by Blizzard)
    Yeah, you Need to Farm für Month the same Levels, but this was in Diablo 2 and 1 even so.

When you Score the
    Gameplay, the Game gets a 8 oder 9 off 10. The Game is even better than Tochlight, Path of Exile ore any other Hack&Slay Expand
  19. Jun 22, 2013
    That game is absolutely fantastic-YOU ALL give that game 0 or 1. Why? because you said "that's boring". But it's hack n' slash When you know what hack n' slash is- and you don't like it- so why you bought it and play?In newest version lags and kicks are so rare.I think you are only haters of Blizzard.
  20. Jun 17, 2013
    This game got roasted for having a rocky first week, as well as the impossibly high expectations from gamers who hold past Diablo games on a pedestal. I almost docked a point for being online-only, but I'm not someone who would actually play it offline, so for me it's not an issue. As it stands, the game is currently the best ARPG out there. The server hasn't been an issue since week 1, there is now PVP, the crafting is improved, the drop rates are better, the legendaries and sets are better, the players are genuinely pushed to play together cooperatively through massive bonuses, and players can control their gameplay experience a lot via the monster power settings. Of course the game can get boring after about 200 hours, but what game doesn't? The fact is that this is the best ARPG on the market. I've played the others, and they don't really hold a candle. The design of the skills and the classes is of the highest quality. Compare to Torchlight 2 where the skill balance and class balance is atrocious. Expand
  21. May 30, 2013
    The highly controversial Diablo 3 has let down many fans of the franchise, however due to recent patches I have revisited the game and I was shocked at the difference.

Sure it's still not D2, but blizzard has managed to implement subtle changes that change the feel of the game.

If you have quit the game for over 6 months, I do really recommend revisiting. Things have changed
  22. May 29, 2013
    Some rare and strange appears only in the rare spawn points, this setting is also normal, everyone can sum up, there's always the law to investigate!
  23. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the least deserving game to get a low user score I have ever seen. The truth is a lot of the reviewers are simply cult fanatics who grew up with the prequels and have too many complaints because they're too edgy to be satisfied by any follow ups. DRM is acceptable the only people who complain about that are people who want to pirate the game instead of having to dip into funds their parents won't let them have. In truth Diablo 3 is a fantastic game with an inspired artistic style. While it is true that the story cannot be appreciated after repeating every difficulty mode, this reviewer reckons the true fun isn't to be had until one invests in their op legendary gear and starts farming Inferno (10). The truth is the game isn't meant to be soloable at this level because there is a huge dependency on class ability diversity when fighting elite mobs. The story line is brilliant and the real-time rendering of the cinematic cutscenes lives up to Blizzards standards set by the WoW franchise. As little as a user score matters in what is probably one of the most overcritical, insatiable demographics, I must say that Blizzard have barely deserved such treatment when there are much worse games out there receiving better scores simply due to a smaller demographic that doesn't consist of a bunch of whiny little kids.

To the morons who keep complaining about not logging on, there are 3 likely explanations: EIther your internet speed is awful, you pirated the game and you're too stupid to understand what DRM is or you tried to log in during downtime. Regardless, you're a bunch of bloody idiots because you can't review a game that you haven't played just because you're clearly doing something wrong while everyone else is getting on just fine. Seriously, your zeros are worthless!
  24. May 22, 2013
    when the game came out is was lashed at by the millions who bought it due to being quite literally unplayable, and when it is playable it was barely even recognised as the game us fans loved, the combat and levelling up was streamlined the levels where more linear and builds where focused around items more so, although the RMAH was a bad idea without it the game would be much harder to play but other then the initial problems the game is fun.
    combat is fluid and polished
    killing is fun as ****
    looting is as fun as ever
    if you can get past the initial flaws you will like this game.
  25. May 21, 2013
    Im really confused with all the hate with game is getting. I think most people just don't understand that it's an ARPG and is all about the gear grind. That being said, this game is extremely fun and addicting. The game has also been improved with many patches such as monster power and paragon levels. The art design is also fantastic and the attention to detail really shines. The only thing that bothers me a bit as that the replay ability isn't as good as it could have been, even with paragon levels. Expand
  26. May 16, 2013
    I'll never understand the negative comments on this game.. its WAY up there as one of the best PC games every made. Complaints about needing an internet connection are about 20 years out of date. Complaints about repetitive game-play miss the point entirely of what is one of the best examples of an ARPG. Its highly polished, very accomplished and extremely mature. Miss it and you'd be nuts.
  27. Apr 28, 2013
    This review isnt like every other diablo 2 fanboys. this is the truth minus the nostalgia of diablo 2:

first of all, it upsets me that people think they are huge diablo fans and they never even played the first one. the first one had only 3 classes, was harder than diablo 2 and 3 combined and if you died, it was game over, no respawn and no corpse run. diablo 1 was a great game and they
    made diablo 2 easier with improvements that the current generation of games had. thats exactly what blizzard did to diablo 3.

people complain they cant add skill points, well in a lot of multiplayer RPG's today they dont allow that anymore either. people complain about the auction house, but it really adds a feeling of a real community. and the buy to win argument? all i have to say is: buy to win what? this game is primarily a coop game! pvp is now added but its really just for fun. buying something on the auction house DOES NOT break the game.

ive been playing this game since launch and looking back from launch to now, theyve added a lot of content to keep you playing. the game is fun. it has added things that a lot of gamers would expect in a current gen rpg. unfourtanately nostolgia will make many diablo 2 fans cry because all they really want is a remake of diablo 2 with better graphics. so ignore those 0, 1, and 2 reviews.
  28. Apr 15, 2013
    I will start by saying that I have been a fan of the series and just Blizzard in general for quite some time (2002). I never was able to get my hands on the first installment but played the second all the time at a friends house and was infatuated with it. Needless to say I was quite ecstatic when Diablo III was announced along with the rest the die hard fans and PC gaming community as a whole (I mean come on, it's Diablo, everybody was pumped). Now here is where I will be brief for the sake of being succinct; I do not even begin to the fathom the reason of the negativity. Diablo III is more than a solid game, it is a worthy successor to iterations past and continues Blizzard's legacy of impeccable game design. It is game designed so meticulously and with attention to detail that it warrants nothing less than praise from the sound design, to the visuals, the feel of each class, and most of all the loot system. I don't see how you can a more accessible but still fundamentally deep game that plays as well as Diablo III. Sure, one could argue the story is a little melodramatic and that the DRM thing is a little annoying (especially given the game's shaky launch) and the the auction house detracts from the end game...but here is the thing, this is Blizzard. What do I mean by that? Blizzard is a company committed to it's games and fans they will release patches, the game will get increasingly better. This not only has happened (introduction of the Hellfire Ring, Monster Power, and Paragon) but will continue to happen (PvP, Matchmaking, More End game questing). I think ultimately the community is griping because of server side issues and a system that can be completely ignored (the Auction House). Enjoy the Diablo III for what it is: a damn good and addictive hack and slash role playing game. Expand
  29. Apr 9, 2013
    I have to update my review. Months after release and playing more than 200 hours as well as trying out the other Action RPG competitors, I am glad the direction that Diablo went in. Compared to the previous installment, they did streamline the game to not feel so "nuts and bolts." There are some things that this allows and prohibits. The one major downfall is that every character levels up the same. This limits the dynamics of the characters. Once you have a Barbarian or Demon Hunter already created, creating another is superfluous. However, it allows for a focus on skills and skill selection. Also, there are options to test different builds to one you like. Attributes are automatically distributed when you level, so the game becomes a little more results based.

The drop rates are way better than months ago and Inferno difficulty is manageable than there were even 6 months ago.

Multiplayer can be fun and as time went on, there are more options for those that don't participate. Patch 1.08 will enhance the benefits of multiplayer more.

The RMAH was a bad idea and is now recognized as a bad idea by Blizzard. The auction house can be nice sometimes to open up different options. There is a sense of community that I don't see with the competitors with the online DRM, auction house, multiplayer etc. that I like, but most find these to be the greatest detriments to the game or the areas that need the most improvement.

Unlike many games, this game is continually updated and revised. I've put countless hours into this game. It is a wonderful value since it requires no additional costs.
  30. Apr 5, 2013
    A Masterpiece of Art, uplifting Mythology, sound, mystery, etc. I LOVE IT NOW PLAYING INFERNO LEVEL. Will play again and again to better understand the mythology and relationships of the STORY which many gamers don't know how to follow.
  31. Apr 1, 2013
    Blizzard's really doing a great job in the game, as well as improving it.
    My friends and I still play this game on a very regular basis, and we'll say it's pretty awesome.
    Kudos to Blizzard.
  32. Mar 5, 2013
    I took a break from the game for 5 or 6 months after release. At that point, several features had been added which made the game very enjoyable to play. I've probably spent 500+ hours playing different classes, and the game seems fairly balanced. I like that Blizzard still takes the time to add features, and hopefully a DLC in the pipeline.
  33. Feb 13, 2013
    People love to HAte games, Diablo 3 is the natural successor of Diablo 2. The story is amazing, the game play improved a lot and patch after patch made awesome. Gameeplay changed from the intial one with the paragon levels introduction, soon other features will be released for free in this game that is simply amazing. As all the hack and slash games it can be ripetitive, but this is what an hack and slash is, a farming game, you will be required to farm your items or you will need to buy them from other players on the auction house. Expand
  34. Xon
    Jan 25, 2013
    IGNORE THE HATERS

There is much to enjoy and admire in this game, if this is your cup of tea. personally, I've spent countless hours replaying the game with different characters.

I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun,
    perhaps you will too. Expand
  35. Jan 25, 2013
    Best Hack & Slay & Loot I've ever played! Innovative skill systems, which let's you adept your way of playing and strategy according to current difficulty and equipment. You can have a challenge on high mp or just be godlike on low mp, just the way you want for your current game session. Polished gameplay. things, that still have to be done - more variation and customization for the equipment dyes for sets/legendary more legendary/sets.
    - more levels - there are still some bugs, which are frustrating e.g. monk dashing strike bug

Why 10 and not 9 or 8 even so not everything is perfect?!

Blizzard is constantly improving the game!
    if you played it since release (as I did) you would realize immediately, that this company is keen to satisfy the community!

I understand that some players were frustrated at the beginning because of server problems, but rating a game 0 or 1 because of that is just hilarious.

And yes the game is repetitive in terms of location and enemies If you are not willing to play the same locations over and over again, i wouldn't recommend this game for you!

You can also be sure, they will not transform d3 in d2(part2), what a lot of people here seems to want - but some people like me, are really glad they will never do...
  36. Jan 16, 2013
    Best game ever made. Simply the best, always so fun and fresh, with friends the best. Kill everything one shoot, dps the best. Haters es no like game because they no demon hunter 300 K dps. I spent 300 euro for gear the best and now I kill diablo 2 times in one time.

Blizzard es never fail, every game the best, I unlog from demon hunter dps and I log in mage on wow and kill panda dps
    the best. And if I bored kill the panda I login starcraft, buy ultralisk or Thor and destroy enemy every time very fast. ALWAYS. Expand
  37. Jan 15, 2013
    I remember when Diablo 2 had just launched. It was at first sight, like Diablo 3, a great game, but after a while, people found the small chest space, the weak items and un-challenging monsters boring. Then the expansion came and a lot of new content were added. People were really fond of these changes.

I think the same is happening in Diablo 3. It was a broken game when it launched, I
    agree on that part. But later, with the recent added features; like the 100 extra levels, the increased chance of finding better loot and the overall commitment from Blizzard to smoothen character balance. Diablo 3 has like Diablo 2 a strong foundation to develop and that is happening as we speak.

I admit that some features should have been left out of Diablo 3, like the Real-Money-Auction House, which smells a lot like a money machine to me. When dueling becomes a feature, people doesn't want to duel against crazily geared players who used tons of money from the RMAH, understandable, but I remember the "forum gold" feature in Diablo 2, where the exact same thing happened. People used it as a valuta for gold which had absolutely no value in Diablo 2. The problem began when people bought forum gold for real money to buy better gear, but I guess at that point, Diablo 2 needed something more.

Diablo 3 is a great game. I've experienced tons of randomized events and I still find myself hurling into adventure when exploring a mysterious cave or collecting special objects to open a portal to a rainbow-world, the new secret level in Diablo 3. I think a lot has yet to come for Diablo 3, and hopefully, people will see that.
  38. Jan 3, 2013
    Just finished the game on diff. level Inferno (i.e. I played through the game 4 times). I can only say it's a thoroughly enjoyable game, and more than worth the buying price. Is it as good as Diablo II? Hard to say, maybe there's a little less long-term motivation to play it, but it's still an excellent game. How it can currently hold a user score of 3.8 on metacritic is beyond me... people here should realize that giving scores like that basically makes the user score on this website look completely unreliable -- even if you think D2+LoD was better, there's no way that D3 is a 3.8. Expand
  39. Dec 20, 2012
    Looking at the pages and pages of 0's, 90%< of them say "couldn't log in for 12 hours, rubbish". Now that is fixed, all these reviews should be removed so that this game can get a proper rating from people taking it seriously.

Great game, endless hours of fun, especially with the big patches, getting better all the time.
  40. Nov 28, 2012
    Not nearly as bad as people describe it, I consider this a pretty good game although I'm not much of a fan of ARPG genre. For the best gaming experience I recommend not using the auction house feature as you really don't need the stuff to progress as some people say. The only reason I'm not giving it a ten is the story which really isn't something special, but on the other hand, there are in-game books which fill out some of the lore gaps. If you like to progress and don't mind trying out something new ( not just some kind of diablo 2.5) nor playing the same content again, you should enjoy playing this game. Expand
  41. Nov 20, 2012
    The only and the best online-ARPG now. There is a huge amount of hate from gamers, but game is still the best hack'n'slash. Major flaw is lack of music (putting music from D2 for example give it great feeling). But aside of external music player is needed the game is great. Yes, it has high price. Yes, it requires an internet connection. Yes, it lacks storyline and music. Yes, normal mode is boring...
    But... What is the reason that almost everyone who played it on nightmare mode continues to play it more and more (like hundred of hours or more)??? The answer is: D3 is still great game. simple.
  42. Nov 9, 2012
    Diablo 3 is addictive! It supplies all the needs a game junkie requires. The auction house adds the dimension of choice. The levels add an ongoing need to keep playing the same script over and over again. The multi-player aspect makes it fun, fast paced and leveling up seems to quicker. Over-all, I love this game as well as diablo 2.
  43. Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, game needs connection to Internet. Yest, DRM is frustrating. Yes, game is expensive. So what? I can't stop laughing when i read comments like: "i spend 200+ hours and i can tell that game is piece of s*it" For me, it means, that you guys have too much free time, or you just like torturing yourself by doing things you didn't like :) Haters gonna hate.
  44. Nov 4, 2012
    While not a perfect game, Diablo 3 offers a tremendous experience. The game is fantastic, accompanied by a easy to learn new skill system and the much appreciated inclusion of an auction house. While the game does not have the best graphics out there, its understandable due to it being a dungeon crawler and focusing more on the gameplay. The story isn't great, and at times i found myself skipping cut scenes except for the CG cutscenes, which are fantastically animated. The game isn't all that difficult, but thanks to the recent inclusion of Monster Powers, it really takes the difficulty up a notch. There is a TON of loot for you to collect, equip, or sell on the AH. Now lets talk about the major flaw of the game: constant internet connection. Sure, if you have a decent modem the game will run just, but for the less fortunate, this is a problem. The game will lag, even if you're not playing on coop and if someone else is using your internet, say your bigger brother watching porn, the game will experience a serious lag. These weren't issues to me, since my modem is fairly decent. Overall, this is a fantastic game, one you should definitely pick up, if your wondering about the low user score its because everyone tried to log on at launch date and the game had to experience a serious lag, almost crashing the servers, so just ignore those reviews. To sum up: Story 8.5/10 Gameplay 10/10 Graphics 9/10 Lasting appeal 10/10 Expand
  45. Nov 2, 2012
    I don't understand all that negative comes from launch, when servers wasn't ready enough to hold all that numbers of players, and the game still doe's not ready to be finished, but Blizzard doing all what they think is right to get it done, when i start to play (almost after release tho) i had the feelings that i still play beta, but with patches games come better.

I don't know is it
    better then Diablo 2 or not, these are different games, but i 95% sure that games does not deserve that kinda of negative responses that it gets.

All that i see now, is that game get some additions and changes all over the patches, same as was with previous part of franchise. And you must to know that game have plenty of space to progress: arenas not out yet,more random events can be added to game in any time, normal items can get some use, crafting system can be improved, new cases, act, areas can be added. Only one negative thing about game is AH and RMAH, cus all game work around it, but hey it better that blizzard get some cut of real money (or gold, hehe) paid for items (if some one want to pay, and can, why not?) than some creepy illegal shops get it.

So for now game is 7 of 10 but i put 10 to get some heads up for the good developers.
  46. Oct 21, 2012
    Way better than Diablo 2. Blizzard thankfully took all the annoying things in D2 and changed them. The story is fine, but the dialogs and the whole screenplay is terrible. The skill system is simply amazing, the items are way better and the stat screen although not perfect is at least informative compared to the random numbers in D2 char screen.
  47. Oct 13, 2012
    After 100 hours with my demon hunter i just can say that Diablo 3 is an awesome game that some nerds hate. everything that makes a good game is there but some decisions like DRM or the loot system for lvl 60 players are just crap, i'm glad that blizzard is fixing these issues, when they polish the game we may be can call Diablo 3 one of the best games on pc history
  48. Oct 9, 2012
    Diablo3 is an amazing game, though it does many things differently to Diablo2. It makes these changes to simplify gameplay and make the game more accessible to people new to the franchise. If you prefer how Diablo 2 did things, perhaps check out Torchlight.

Diablo 3 has some great graphics, amazing sound track and voice acting and solid game play. The gameplay gets repetitive after
    100hours but at that point the game has been worth the purchase.

The game did launch with several problems which caused many people on this site to give it terrible reviews. Since launch a lot of new content has been added to address these, thus many of the user reviews on this site are outdated at best, some are just unfair.

The only negetive this game gets from me is that the always online requirement. Having battle.net's social aspects added to the game isnt enough to validate the always online requirement. IE: It causes more problems than it enhances the experience.
  49. Oct 7, 2012
    This game is actually really a lot of fun. I have enjoyed it just as much or more than my experiences with DI and DII. I look forward to the new patches blizzard has planned and will play this game well into the future. Give this game a chance. Create your own experience and then develop your own opinion on it. I actually think having it as an online game is helpful because I can then store my character on a server and not have to worry about losing it with a computer failure. Expand
  50. Oct 4, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a fun game that lasts a few hundred hours. The reason I'm giving it a 9 is because compared to other loot games I've played, it is the best. Better than Borderlands, Torchlight, and in my opinion, better than Diablo 2, it is the best loot game available right now. On paper it doesn't seem like that should be true. After all, there is very little "actual" content in D3. The story is absolutely terrible, level design is average, and there aren't that many weapon/armor portraits. But what made me want to come back is the gameplay. Beating inferno with a wizard is reasonably challenging, and also a completely different experience from beating it with a witch doctor. So even though I ran through the same content, the game still provided new and interesting challenges when I played with a different class. Also, the gameplay (when your internet is working) is absolutely flawless. You will not find a more polished feeling than in Diablo 3.

I also really appreciate the apparent care with which Blizzard has been patching the game. It's already a less frustrating, more interesting game than it was in May, and future patches along with the big pvp patch should make it even better. It would have been nice if some stuff was fixed beforehand, but honestly it's a little unreasonable to expect Blizzard to foresee every balancing issue that has arisen.
    All that said, do not get this game if you play games more for the world-experience or story, because you'll see everything there is to see in 20 hours and it won't even be that great. If, however, you're like me and appreciate gameplay more than anything else, you'll probably enjoy Diablo 3. I doubt it's anybody's favorite game ever, but it's worth $60.
  51. Oct 3, 2012
    es un juegazo a toda regla, manadas de pendejos que le dan 0 a lo sumo trolls a la lata en esta pagina desafortunada mente se perdió la credibilidad a lo hora de hacer un analisis pero bueno, yo diría que este juego me ha dado horas de diversión constante es adictivo y una historia fenomenal, lastima que no innova mucho pero aun así cumple con las expectativas..
  52. Sep 28, 2012
    After 200 hours of Diablo 3, I have got 2 sub-60 level Legendary gear drops. I have 2 level 60 characters and 3 more in the 50 levels. It is now that my appreciation for the game begins.

D3 is all about killing bad monsters and looting
  53. Sep 26, 2012
    Well...4 months since launch and it is still absolutely terrible. Buy torchlight 2, borderlands 2, literally any other game but this. Blizzard has built a "game" that was never intended to be a fun user experience it was intended to gouge its playerbase for $ in the RMAH. This is the most unrewarding game released in a long time and it isn't even close.
  54. Sep 23, 2012
    The people who give this game a low score in my opinion are unbelievable. Blizzard works their butts off for 12 years and they give us the same Diablo feel with better graphics and better gameplay. The skill system is better, allowing for so much more replayabiltiy. Sure it has its faults, like the constant connection thing, or the Auction House, but they dont change the gameplay of the original Diablos and that is great. Tie this along with new gameplay aspects, and fixed problems from the original games, along with Blizzard's well known skill at story telling with great cinematics and interesting characters, and you have one hell of a great game. Is it better then Diablo 2? Welll, it would depend on your point of view, but is Diablo 3 a must buy if you like action RPGs? 100% yes, I cant believe so many of you give it a low score based on some small things like the constant connection and the Auction House. Simply stated, if you liked Diablo 2, you will like Diablo 3, even with the small gripes that keep it from a perfect score, this game will hook you for hours on end with its various classes, endless amounts of loot, the flexible skill system that adjusts to your play style and the great story that Blizzard does so well at telling. Expand
  55. Sep 23, 2012
    I think its time for a new 'critic' website. I think people should have to give specific reasons why they gave a '0', because when they don't, it lets them get away with 'zero' scores. There is no way, you can assign a 'zero' score, to every component of Diablo 3. To try to do so, shows the level of idiocy and immaturty and lies that those assign 'zero' scores possess. It's utterly laughable, to suggest that a game of the depth and visual splendor that Diablo 3, deserves a 'zero' score. We all know that metacritic allows you to RIG the system, by now forcing people to 'explain' their scores. If someone doesn't explain their score, we should be allowed to force their score off the system, and without that option, this system is just simply rigged, and metacritic should be ashamed of themselves for offering such a pety, chlidish rating system and user ratings offering. Places like Gamespot, which I dont agree on all things with ( where is that even possible) has a decent system at least, as other similar sites do, where they MUST explain their scores for each component, or obviously be seen as INCOMPETENT and just lying. That is the problem with metacrtiic, and I refuse to come here anymore and see a rigged system in place, allowing people to post riciculously low scores. It doesn't hurt the game in the SLIGHTEST, and all it really does is show the hateful, childish immature remarks by some 'teenies' on here. It's that obvious LOL. Expand
  56. Sep 22, 2012
    Why does Metacritic have a 10-point system. A simple "Did You Like It? Yes or No?" would suffice. The user-reviews in here are so rediculous it makes me smile. There is absolutely no way in hell this game is worth 0 (zero) points. But that is what everybody gives it when they have one or two gripes with it. I liked the game a lot btw, and had my fun throughout. I got an extremely polished game with a great single-player experience, and even better with friends. I dont play it anymore, because I got tired of it. I will however play the expansions to come.

If this score-system had any real thought behind it, I would have rated Diablo 3 av clean 8/10. But since everything said on here is angry kids with problems with their internet connections, I'll give it a 10 to compensate.

0 points? Are you people kidding me?
  57. Sep 12, 2012
    Everything i have dreamed for last ten years come true. I dont rely on opinions of people who didnt play diablo 2 hardcore and neither dont understand reviews like "its boring to kill same monsters for months". Huh, i know hundreds of people who like their job and do same things for years! I dont mention diablo 3 is like a favorite job. Opposite, its a favorite hobby for me, and truly shows what i waited for, and what i live for at the moment. Best game in genre, (action-rpg without expansion pack). Expand
  58. Sep 10, 2012
    The game looks great, I love the dark spooky vibe it gives off. The environments are amazing and the game has a truly remarkable story. My first play-through I was excited to see the story unfold, it truly had me captivated. The world is large enough to take you a few hours to see everything. Except the content is much more linear than the previous games in the Diablo series. Once you beat the game on normal you soon realize how repetitive it will become. Unfortunately end-game is a HUGE grind for gear / gold and paragon levels. I would have to say it's a great game when compared to the competition out there, but I hate the way blizzard is taking their games, especially with the online-only DRM system they have adopted. Expand
  59. Aug 28, 2012
    Alot of people knock this game because it's not D2 with updated graphics... Game has some flaws but every new patch addresses these issues and the game only is getting better.

The people rating this game a 0 are WoW players and console gamers who have no clue what the Diablo series is about....
  60. Aug 26, 2012
    I will say the game wasn't great when it first came out, but since patch 1.0.4 has come out i have been playing everyday. Love the new paragon system cause you feel like your making progress regardless of if you get a new piece of gear or not as each level gives you 3% damage and 1%hp and xp doesnt take forever to gain so if you dont have alot of time say 20 minutes to play you can still gain 1 million xp in that time and you still feel like your making progress. It was something this game sorely needed and was a great choice. Its a very rewarding system imo.
    I will also say this game is in its infancy, every other diablo game was pretty bad when it first came out as well and there now critically acclaimed as some of the best arpg's ever.

I wouldnt have given this game a 10 pre patch 1.0.4 but now im having a great time and it has re-taken my life so now it is worth every bit of that 10 to me.
  61. Aug 21, 2012
    I am hardcore D2 fan and I have to admit that D3 is ideal sequel. D2 sucks in almost every aspect that Blizzard managed to fix in D3. Broken D2 UI - fixed. Boring endgame turning into endless Hell Baal Runs - fixed. Ridiculously **** up melee combat in D2 - fixed. 85% of the skills in D2 sucks and are waste of the points - guess what, D3 managed to fix it with awesome skill system. Gold was a mock in D2 time, you may have 50kk gold which worth literally **** nothing, and now even 100k of gold worth a lot in D3. Etc, etc, every point that D2 has, was fixed, re-thinked or made from scratch in better way.
    It was definitely worth to wait 12 years for D3 release, this is superior gem in every aspect offering both excellent single and coop modes experience.
  62. Aug 16, 2012
    Dont let the fanboys fool you this is a great game although it does have its issues when it comes to endgame players, but you will have plenty of fun until then
  63. Aug 14, 2012
    A lot of the reported issues with this game really don't matter much until you hit Inferno mode. For those that don't own the game and don't know, Inferno mode is the fourth time playing through the campaign with the same character, and it is harder because you cap at level 60 and can't out-level the mobs to beat them if the game has been giving you crappy loot. To some, the game isn't "beaten" until you finish Inferno, and I can understand the frustration they are facing.

That said, any game that I enjoyed for 100+ hours is definitely worth the money, and I can say that about Diablo 3. Maybe $60 is a tad high, but IMHO the quality and polish of this game is worth at least $50.
  64. Aug 13, 2012
    At first, i was like most of the people writing these reviews "OMG diablo is so boring"
    "OMG it requires no skill"
    "OMG its just click at the baddies AND its boring AND it requires no skill"
    yeah, ill say thats true until around hell, without a proper strategy for your class and with a lack of skill, you're going to get 2 shotted by the zombies in act 1 and dont even get me started on
    the rare mobs. My experience with user reviews is that they base it off impressions OR they have a friend carry them through the game so they don't actually experience it.
    SO.. my point here is, it's a GREAT game but really only if you want to drop some effort into it.
    For the future players, don't buy it if you don't want to sink time into it, if you want a quick game with no effort/time required, go play CoD.
    For the future reviewers, PLEASE don't write your review until you have leveled more than 3 characters (different classes please) to 60 and beat the game on all of those on all the difficulties, otherwise you're just going to get the "blizzard trap" where they make the game ridiculously easy until late-game.
    Have fun, and go try to beat hell azmodan, peace.
  65. Aug 12, 2012
    Very good game.Nice graphics,true hack and slash game,great soundtrack.
    The always online thing didnt bothered me,except just one disconnect.
    Real money auction house is a great iea to deal with gold selling sites.
  66. Aug 7, 2012
    I enjoy Diablo 3. i know it did not blow us away, but it sure is a hell of alot better than Diablo 2. This is a game i play it to have fun, unlike torchlight 1 which i play when i'm bored out of my mind. Diablo 3 had a great story to, We all know they had little to work with. So they used The lesser evils Belial, and, Azmodan.They made to be always online so that people couldn't install it on other computers Like you can with Diablo 2 Expand
  67. Aug 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. esse jg e totalmente legal, n e injuativo como os outros a pocas classes claro mais n deixa de ser um bom jg point click . ele se iguala muito aos outros diablos 2 e 1 mais há muitas coisas q mudam.. Expand
  68. Jul 29, 2012
    I played this game for a month solid, I got my money's worth. I plan to play it again when they fix witch doctor pets to be viable in inferno and on PVP release. This game has a future. On line support with no monthly fee is awesome.
  69. Jul 22, 2012
    the people that down-rate this game do so for personal vindictive reasons, the game itself is fantastic, after well over 150 hours of play time so far i can honestly say it is a well made game, the art style while different from previous installments Fits the game, the skill systems make for an ever changing environment and while the story is short, it completes what diablo 2 left off, the complaints of others are really just pointless raging. The game should NOT be rated poorly for its launch day problems, they where not the worst thing to happen with gaming. Expand
  70. Jul 21, 2012
    I have played for about 150 hours and while my desire to play now dwindles I got 150 hours of joy for 60 bucks. That is a darn good rate for entertainment in my mind.. I personally think much hate is overrated and while the game is not perfect to me it is fun and I want fun.
  71. Jul 19, 2012
    After 150 hours, i can say it's an excellent game. I really don't understand people with a low score: ok the expectations were very high, and the game is not perfect..but it is a very very good game !
  72. Jul 17, 2012
    Шедевр! 10 из 10.Обязательно для прохождения.Надеюсь эта игра станет игрой года 2012!.Отличный сюжет,gameplay.графика тоже на уровне,отличный multiplayer Expand
  73. Jul 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game that was destined to be loved by critics and hated by many fans. The reason for this is that it actually is a fantastic game when viewed somewhat objectively, but can be viewed as too much of a departure from Diablo 2 by those who gaze upon that game with rose tinted glasses.

The fact is that Diablo 3 improves upon many aspects of Diablo 2. Concerns such as art
    direction and character development and permanence that were frequently expressed prior to release are no longer concerns. Though this could possibly be due to the prominence of other concerns, I think it's more likely because these are no longer concerns. Sure there are no more stat points, but they are replaced by the process of gear selection. No more permanent build choices, but the rune system is far more compelling and allows more experimentation and customization. I think the majority of current concerns from the playerbase stem from 2 things: the difficulty of the game and the perception of the AH and the Real Money Auction House. Diablo 2 never really made an attempt to be difficult; it could be beaten around level 60, but if you didn't have the skill or gear to do this, you could always level higher and beat it using your superior level. Diablo 3 doesn't have this option; once you hit max level you are presented with a whole "Hell" equivalent just for max level characters. Therefore, you have to be skilled or have great gear to beat it. This is a cource of frustration for many: Blizzard upon release stated that Inferno would be only for the hardcore players; but the truth is that if it is there, players will feel they haven't beaten the game until they've beaten it. This brings me to the 2nd perception which is the AH/RMAH. The problem with these is that in order to have a challenging game, the Inferno balance decisions must assume the best gear in the game, because this gear is obtainable in the AH. In Diablo 2 there was no such medium for trading; everything was done on fan site forums so there was no real way to see how your gear compared to the world at large. This leads to the perception that most of the gear that players find is crap, and that you have to obtain our gear on the AH to do well. This also frustrates many players. However, if you like a challenging game, neither of these complaints really bothers you.

I've spent a lot of time countering criticism that I see, but the game really is great. Superb artwork and art direction. The story/voice acting is not the best, but honestly I've failed to be impressed by these aspects in many games, including full blown RPG's like Mass Effect. Diablo 2's strength is the heart pounding action, and this game delivers on that.
  74. Jul 14, 2012
    After the small problems on launch and after patch 1.03 this game is lots of fun to play even without the auction house. Graphics are good, itemhunt is there and classes are mostly balanced and all feel very diffrent
    Way better than diablo II
  75. Jul 13, 2012
    Absolutely the most interesting game at this moment. I haven't play any other games since Diablo 3 published. At first it felt that it's too similiar to WoW and too less the Diablo 2. That is what many people says. But after playing it more I started to like it more and more. Suddenly I realized that I'm really keen on playing Diablo 3. I am already feeling that I am waiting expansion for Diablo 3, which is kinda silly because Diablo 3 isn't fully ready even. PVP is not yet published but it's coming into. Expand
  76. Jul 13, 2012
    Grinding Inferno Act III, the game so far is a lot of fun. Once you get the proper gear
    this game gets really good. The elites in this game are some of the best I have
    ever seen. I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes ripping through
    huge amounts of mobs and killing stuff.
  77. Jul 13, 2012
    Play it since release and never had big troubles. Of course there are serverdowntimes... but what everyone forgets: it's been released 2 months ago...
  78. Jul 12, 2012
    Nice game, great gameplay, smooth action, good balanced classes, AH. Big minus, after 300Hrs og playing there is not much to do. I have beaten beten diablo on inferno, have 3x60 and got bored with game.

Still, game is very much worth money spent.
  79. Jul 5, 2012
    After 2 months from the release of Diablo 3,after 100 hours of gameplay,i've decided to post my opinion about it.its a great game.it's again one of the most addictive games i've ever played...the battle mechanics,looting,auction house,bosses,they are so addictive in result that you can't stop playing...i've encountered a few problems with drm mode,everything is fluent,fast and easy...one of the best games ever... Expand
  80. Jul 2, 2012
    Don't listen to the haters, this is an amazing game. Yes, different than D2, but thankfully so! It's about loot, loot, loot and blizz will continue with tweaking the game for years to solve and perfect balance, just like they've done with all their games. Again, don't listen to the herd whiners!
  81. Jun 28, 2012
    I think Diablo is the game of the year

Not only because it has amazing graphics but for its history, for being so long, its difficulty

That itself is a Diablo and the people who complain because they do not play enough at Diablo 2
  82. Jun 27, 2012
    I've been having lots of fun. I don't dump money into the auction house (have yet to spend $0.01 on the RMAH), and I've been gearing up in Act 1 inferno before I move on to Act 2. The story isn't that great, but who cares about it after you clear normal?
  83. Jun 25, 2012
    Almost all the negative reviews here are based on 1st week when there were some issues with access etc, and somehow players who expected to beat Inferno easily. Check the last 10 pages or so of reviews to get a more evenly balanced view. Ive played the entire franchise and this definitely carries on the tradition. Looks great, sounds great. You may have to get used to the new skill/rune system but once you figure it out you'll see that it enables a great variety in builds. Far more than previous versions. This game hasn't gone down so well with the crowd the expects 'BIS" and "end game". Somehow many players (while claiming to be Diablo fans from way back) miss the point that farming lower levels for gear upgrades was always part of Diablo. There was never any end-game other than beating Diablo (or Baal) and becoming more and more powerful. Diablo 3 makes looking for gear even more rewarding with random events and more champion mobs. The beginning levels are easy, but the challenges present themselves in the later acts where you get greater variety of affixes on the mobs that will be challenging or near impossible. If you are a hardcore (one death, your character is gone) player, Diablo 3 is even better as there is built-in shared stash between characters as well as crafting which lower level or new characters can access. So even if you die there is still progression in some aspects. no more "mules"

If you are a casual player, it appears to be going very well with that segment as well. Easy to enjoy at the lower level difficulties, try a few classes and then move on. Well worth $60 as you will get 100's of hours of gameplay.

Not sure why the 'online only" seems to be affect so many people. I only ever played "online" in D2 anyway to participate in the HC ladders and play with friends on battle.net anyway. It was done to counter all the previous issues with dupes and hacks. Honestly Ive seen far more draconian "DRM", this is not it. It's especially odd since online play is pretty much a required aspect of any multi-player game nowadays.

So in summary, still loving the game, glad to part of a new journey of Diablo, plenty of content to come.
  84. Jun 25, 2012
    I could almost swear that there's been a covertly organized smear campaign against this game by some user reviewers. You know something's odd when there's such a huge disparity between the pro and user review averages. Yes, of course the haters will claim that's because the pro reviewers are bought off-- but this is a really unusual disparity.

Diablo III isn't perfect by most
    standards, but so is practically everything in the universe. It's a really well-developed and polished product technically. The graphics are deliberately painterly, almost even impressionistic, in places, and that's not for everyone. The sound and voice acting are exceptional. The biggest flaw, for me, is the story: it's very cliche. Some of the dialogue is good (and very funny) but some is surprisingly juvenile. What really matters about this game, though, is combat and replayability. The combat system is extremely rewarding, as long as you're willing to try a variety of different setups. The six active ability setup is almost infinitely better than Diablo 2. As for replayability, well I've "only" played about 175-200 hours I guess and it gets a bit old sometimes, briefly; but geez people-- this is a game, not a full-time occupation... There are some balance issues, of course, but Blizzard is addressing them. If anyone thinks that they could do a better job of balancing a game (and its loot) with this many variables, I'm sure they're welcome to try. Also, if anyone still seriously thinks they should be given the ability to MIS-assign character statistics, I don't even know what to say. It was a bold and very smart move for Blizzard to remove the illusory choice of skill points. There's still plenty of opportunity to mess up your gear and your actual combat-ready statistics, if that's important to you.

The biggest remaining hurdle for Diablo 3, in my opinion, is for Blizzard to continue balancing skills until more builds are viable in deep Inferno territory. Otherwise, I think it'll have lots of staying power for people who don't already dislike it for whatever reasons. It's not an MMO and won't receive as many updates, until an XP. But it's very fun and replayable if you're open-minded about its similarities and differences from predecessors in the top-down action rpg tradition.
  85. Jun 23, 2012
    I'm a big fan of Diablo and once I heard that Diablo III had a release date I just could not wait, and now that it is installed on my pc for now all my free time is Diablo time untill my family starts to complaints, well it is what is and it is still the best game ever and I will say it right now is it possiable a Diablo IV if so I will be one of the first in line keep up the great work.
  86. Jun 23, 2012
    I created an account here specifically for the purpose of writing this review because I think so many people are unfairly giving this game poor reviews. I was a huge Diablo 2 fan, and I see no degradation of quality in Diablo 3. I love it. While there are some plot holes, the game largely holds true to the previous titles in the series with some great improvements. I love the skill trees, the ability to switch up how you play the game on the fly allows for great flexibility, particularly when the game seems to difficult to play. Often, the problem can be solved by tweaking your skills. It presents a fun dynamic of getting stuck and then figuring out how to get your self unstuck. I love the visuals, while not quite as dark and scary as previous titles, I love the look and feel of the game. I even like the auction house. I do not have that much time to play, although I have put in upward of 50 hours, so being able to quickly find items to keep my character relevant is easy and fun.

In my opinion, most of the people that are deriding this game are people without much life outside of gaming. It makes me sick to see some people dismissing this game so easily and vociferously. Get a life, I say.

If you're the least bit interested, I would recommend giving it a try. I love it and can see myself playing it for many years.
  87. Jun 21, 2012
    This game is actually around a 9/10 in my opinion but it's the least I can do counterweight the pointless review bombing this site experienced with all the zero score reviewers. The game overs a smooth polished action smash up, and I've thoroughly enjoyed 200+ hours now of gameplay with a group of 3 friends. Blizzard continues to produce patches which have been smoothing out the end game experience and are working to reward actually playing the game. I'm looking forward to having as many hours logged in D3 as I did in D2 and D1/Hellfire. Expand
  88. Jun 20, 2012
    Not sure where the hate is coming from with this game. I'm about 25 hours in and the game just keeps getting better. Sure there were server issues for the first week or so but what game doesn't have them. Passionate gamers have built a game for us and for the masses. I almost never replay any game and I'm about halfway through my second play-through and see no reason to stop until finishing the last difficulty level. Ignore the haters, this is a fantastic game by one of the best game studios in the business. Expand
  89. Jun 19, 2012
    this game has the most amazing graphics and is incredibly addictive! even if you finish the game playing it at a higher level of difficulty is still really fun! blizzard never disappoints!
  90. Jun 16, 2012
    Having brought 3 characters to level 50+ and one character to the level 60 post game in the past couple of weeks, I find that the game feels like something between playing slot machines and eating Kraft cheese singles. It is short, linear, repetitive, and, above all, boring.
  91. Jun 15, 2012
    a good game deserves a good mark for great graphics. Optimal optimal gameplay of the series continued good characters and good dialogues blizzard had seven years of production
  92. Jun 15, 2012
    I totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is the first one I've bought in over a decade, the last being Diablo II and I am loving every second of it. Don't let the crybabies fool you. This game is epic and once all the kinks are worked out within the next few months plan on playing this for years. Say that about other games...oh yeah you can't Expand
  93. Jun 14, 2012
    I've put in a lot of time into this game, and I must say that Blizzard has truly outdone themselves. The story that continues right from the end Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction truly makes this a fantastic title with marvelous boss fights, replayability with up to 8 characters, Hardcore, and at least 4 difficulties that I have seen there is so much content packed into the game we can all see ourselves playing this game at least until the new Starcraft 2 expansion comes out. Plus with the easy ability to join into a public game and get involved with other games it is just fantastic. The only two complaints is why do they not have a feature where I can speak to my teammates through a mic, and I should not have to be online to access the game because I might not have a fantastic internet connection, but still want to play the game. SINGLE PLAYER should never have lag. Expand
  94. Jun 14, 2012
    I can let go of the well-known fact - that the story is lacklustre, kills off too many major characters and has obvious plotholes - because the gameplay is absolutely engaging, addictive and FUN.

When I first played diablo 2, I was too young to have any appreciation of storytelling in videogames. Thus, I didn't really have any expectations for lore or storyline for the game.

Even
    with such a major change to the way you use abilities from the previous installment, the point remains that Diablo 3 is as fun to play as I had hoped. It isn't perfect but I'm having fun and I suspect it'll keep me sated for years to come.

To sum up, I started off with a score of 11 out of 10, because I'm having that much fun playing the game.
    Technical hitches at day one and beyond --> Minus one. (blizzard should know better)
    STORY STORY STORY --> Minus one.

Leaves me at a 9/10 :) thanks for reading.
  95. Jun 13, 2012
    It amuses me how people people give such a negative comments on a game they have hardly touched. Several complaints are simply that there are minor issues with the game play, but if this was made by another company they would be compliments on how few they are instead. Others complain that you don't get to put points into a particular stat like you we're able to in the previous Diablo games and this creates a lack of diversity in builds. This simply is untrue as the current system allows for far more option, in D2 you would just go on-line and find the best build and use that one, now you actually think about what abilities you are going to take depending on you play style and group make up. Another common complaint is that the game is too easy, for this I have to say get to hell difficulty act 2. that is where the challenge really starts to ramp up. Normal and Nightmare really are there to teach you how to play your character and slowly give you all your skills with their 6 different variants each, Hell is to finish off your levels, and Inferno is to Give you the real Challenge. One last complaint is that the game is Grindy, well that shouldn't really be a surprise this is a Diablo game after all. Finally this game isn't perfect and there is defiantly areas that can be improved, and if we know Blizzard the problems will never be fixed.. JK everyone knows deep down that any bugs and game play issues will get fixed it's just a matter of time ;) Expand
  96. Jun 12, 2012
    This game has been a huge disappointment to most players. Though many don't know anything about the Diablo series due to it's massive period of time between releases. Diablo 3 is a terrific game with beautiful graphics and the in depth story line and looting system will have you playing for weeks on end. I'd like to point out that this game will be receiving expansions as well as a raised level cap through the years and will provide months of game play. It's a truly fantastic game that is spoiled on kids who don't appreciate it. Expand
  97. Jun 12, 2012
    this game is awful, and im a HUGE blizzard fan. at first i noticed i couldnt customize the look of my toon, yet.. its an rpg.. that right there says it all.. but the gameplay is terrible.. point click point click.. boring, where am i? no world map.. wow, no world map?! at that point i gave up, game sucks.
  98. Jun 10, 2012
    Great game especially in Coop with friends!
    DIablo will always a grind game so if you don't like it, just leave it!
    auction house is a dangerous thing because you can get hooked just looking for items for your character instead of playing the game normally
    I advise you to finish the game normally and then go to auction!
  99. Jun 10, 2012
    Dont listen to any of these reviews, the 0 and low scores are from people who either bought it and had trouble logging on or someone who thought it was going to be exactly like diablo 2. Diablo 3 is a GREAT game and im loving it so much 1 month after release. Will be holding my attention for years!
  100. Jun 8, 2012
    I have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes I felt it was to simplistic at first but the skill tree is awesome! There are so many options. I have been gaming on the PC and Apple computers sense 1983 and I get board of games very easy now a days and I have to say I have put 28+ hours into the game and I found my self wanting to play it more (This has not happened in years). I don't care about the DRM (pirate games are just as bad or worse) because I think that the developers ($$$$) need a pat on the back for this game. I know that Activision is a $$ cow but what company is not???? AT&T, Google, Microsoft, Apple, GM, Verizon, GE, IBM, EA, Facebook on and on!!!! We live in a capital nation and what this what we can we expect. I am just happy that PC gaming is so alive and well. Expand
  101. Aug 26, 2012