Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Dec 3, 2013
    After playing the game until inferno at release i can safely say that that this games only redeeming factor is the loot system and still during that time it wasn't without its issues. Now for the bad, this game took over 10 years to make and yet somehow they managed to significantly dumb down the game play and limit builds in the process, they also made the huge mistake of patching theAfter playing the game until inferno at release i can safely say that that this games only redeeming factor is the loot system and still during that time it wasn't without its issues. Now for the bad, this game took over 10 years to make and yet somehow they managed to significantly dumb down the game play and limit builds in the process, they also made the huge mistake of patching the game as if it was is an mmo completely nerfing many character builds into the ground multiple times and forcing people to re-roll their characters due to the lack of a re-spec system, whilst i agree their shouldn't be a need for one if they couldn't get the balance right after all the closed beta it should have been a no-brainier.

Greed seems to be the root of a majority of this games issues, the always online nasty as DRM was only implemented because blizzard wanted to cash in on their real money auction house, similar to what steam does with their market transaction by taking a fixed of each sale.Obviously if cheating isn't controlled then this system wont be able to make money hence the always online DRM. My problem with this is that the game isn't and was never meant to be an mmo and blizzard offers absolutely no benefit to the game being online, they even promised PvP and it took them over a year to implement, still in its current form it's a complete joke and not what anyone expected. The server issues that the game still has to this day (added latency in single player for no reason, hc characters dying due to lag-spikes) and had during launch aren't worth mentioning because it should have never had the requirement to be online in the first place or there should have at least been an option to play with an offline and local lan only character ie; a ranked and non-ranked system.

Even if you can look past all of the above and still want to play the game because like me you loved diablo 1 and 2 and have waited 10 years for this shiny new rendition (obviously not the case or you would have played it by now) you will still be disappointed by the limited game play, severely dated and cartoony graphics and animations ripped straight from wow that completely kill the dark atmosphere the first games did so well to create. At no point in the game was there ever a remotely scary or creepy moment, if anything it felt childish and while the musical scores were ok they matter little in the grand scheme of things and do nothing to wash away the foul stench of this colossal failure.

I have not met a single dungeon crawler fan who would be willing to give this game a positive review.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    Blizzard just want your money, they spend millions on advertisement and game-trailers to make you buy the game, once you get it? BAM! All the things they advertised on is gone, and now they have another DLC to drain more of your money, just get Path of Exile if you like A-RPGs and want to enjoy it without dumb pay to win and boring storytelling grinds
  3. Nov 29, 2013
    After a lot of initial frustration with installing the game, which actually took more than 2 hours, I was finally able to play it. What first struck me was that the graphics was way under my expectations, the constant internet connection even in single player is a bit of a hazard because it can cause lags and dropouts, and the voice acting and story was pretty bleak, sometimes evenAfter a lot of initial frustration with installing the game, which actually took more than 2 hours, I was finally able to play it. What first struck me was that the graphics was way under my expectations, the constant internet connection even in single player is a bit of a hazard because it can cause lags and dropouts, and the voice acting and story was pretty bleak, sometimes even downright bad.

On the plus side, the gameplay is pretty smooth and somewhat addicting, multiplayer co-op is still a pretty fun experience (just like in Diablo II) and at least it was enough fun to go through once. But the replay value is very low, since you have to suffer through the same story and cheesy dialogue over and over if you wanna run the harder difficulty settings.
    I can understand the constant internet thing it stops piracy as well as serve a purpouse for selling gear in the auction house which isn't a bad addition at all. Though, if you have a bad connection it means you can't enjoy this game. Dying because of server lag isn't that much fun at all.

I've been waiting for this game for a very long time, and I had expected better graphics, better story, and less bugs and lag.
  4. Nov 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There’re so many failings with this travesty of a Diablo game that it's difficult to know where to start, I'll start with my biggest gripe about this game:

1) The necessity to farm items to stand even the slightest chance against certain enemies: you will, pretty often, run up against groups of 3 or 4 champion enemies that will teleport to surround you then wall you in then multiply so for each one you engaged there is now six then use a spell like decimate or poison and hey presto you're dead in the blink of an eye (this could be fixed if blizzard did one of the following: made the enemies spells less powerful, reduced the total number of possible powers an enemy can have or stopped some effect pairings), this gets compounded by the never ending lag: you go to engage an enemy, the picture judders a bit and all of a sudden you're waiting to re-spawn.

2) Did I mention the ever present lag? I’m pretty sure it did.

3) The characters are all pretty standard, there is very little difference between them past their active attributes: only 2 stats are worth bothering with for each character type, the rest are pretty much useless.

4) The items are much of a muchness, even with 1.4 patch it’s still a world of nerf away from being any good.

5) The story line is pretty boring and unoriginal.

6) The lesser evils you face off against are clichéd, two dimensional and don’t really fit their reputations: Azmodan, according to the game’ lore, is hell’ chief strategist yet can’t stop himself from telling you his whole plan, Belial can’t lie for s**t, is transparent, predictable and massively boring. Even Diablo sucks and in this title he’s supposed to have all the powers of the 7 evils for f**k sake.

7) This game loses all playability after the first time round, to be honest it was a struggle to even get through the first play through.
  5. Nov 27, 2013
    as a hardcore gamer my expectations were short lived when things on this game just seemed more overpowered, many over redundant, many skills obvious in choices and end game items narrowed down to the ONE and ONLY strongest Axe (skorn) in the game.
  6. Nov 25, 2013
    Diablo 3 is lite-WOW game very boring, simple, poor graphics, with lots of bugs and online problems.
    Don't waste your time and money on this and ROS addition.
  7. Nov 25, 2013
    Incredibly underwhelming. Not worth your time or money. Cartoony, lacks depth, lacks character, storyline was terrible, zero replayability, the dullest ARPG I've picked up in a long time about as bad as Space Siege.
  8. Nov 23, 2013
    I want to give the game a zero but I did play and enjoy the game at launch for the first few weeks which is something. The problem is the game was no depth, no length and no width. The graphics and content look doesn't match the subject matter. It plays like a 1-2 day console game when it's predecessor was a never-ending dungeon crawling masterpiece. The items and skills system is soI want to give the game a zero but I did play and enjoy the game at launch for the first few weeks which is something. The problem is the game was no depth, no length and no width. The graphics and content look doesn't match the subject matter. It plays like a 1-2 day console game when it's predecessor was a never-ending dungeon crawling masterpiece. The items and skills system is so painfully simple and dull there is no customization or separation between builds. Everyone uses exactly the same skills and stats because the rest are terrible.

There is really not much else to say and nothing adding an adventure mode, removing the AH and more levels can do to save this game. RoS is another cash grab for Blizzard by telling gamers what they want to hear, there is no potential here.
  9. Nov 23, 2013
    Honestly, most people are just spamming low numbers because the game is online only and the end game is sort of dictated by the auction house.

All in all this is a pretty fun game, the story is pretty average, but the gameplay is simple enough to easily get into but deep enough to keep me interested. This is an extremely polished game and feels great to play. Giving this game a 0 because the first day had server problems is just plain old silly, I understand giving it a 4 or a 5 because you don't agree with always online, but a 0 is just plain old dumb.

I'd give this game an 8.5, I enjoyed playing as the Monk up to 60.
  10. Nov 21, 2013
    Good game, I actually like how its different from the other diablos. While it lacks in story and could use a bit beefier skill tree I still have hope for blizzard. I am looking forward to the expansion.
  11. Nov 21, 2013
    Horrible. I haven't played the game in a year and I am still offended how Blizzard conned me out of my 60.00 for their POS-10-year-in-the-making follow up to D2. The number of things that are bad about this game are many but surely the pay-to-win auction house was the worst, most offensively greedy thing in the gaming world ever. I will never buy a Blizzard game again.
  12. Nov 21, 2013
    The huge disparity between the "professional" reviews and the user reviews you tell you enough... This game has the money and backing and is being sold in every direction possible but ask any fan of the diablo franchise what they thought about this game and they will hold back their tears as they tell you about the single most disappointing event in their gaming careers.
  13. Nov 19, 2013
    I loved Diablo 2 and the LoD expansion, but this game is just a flimsy shell of a once great franchise. Removal of LAN mode and offline single player mode, all in the name of reducing piracy rates, is just appalling. I have constant lag while playing alone, and the servers are down for maintenance nearly every weekend when I want to play (2am-5am). PS3 version has offline mode, why can't the PC?
  14. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (1/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (1/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (2/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (1/2)

Pricing (0/2)

Wildcard -1)

15. Nov 18, 2013
    Its just not the game I was expecting. They shouldn't have even called it Diablo. This could be its own game with how different it is from D2.
    I like deep immersive game play, and Diablo 3 just runs short. The game feels scheduled, and I don't like that.
  16. Nov 17, 2013
    Expensive and disappointing.DRM sucks, graphics suck, too easy on normal difficulty.
    Would have been a more engaging if the difficulty progression was something just like Nightmare followed by Inferno. Gameplay is absolutely and completely lacks innovation.
    When I say it lacks innovation, I mean this is what I expected: Imagine every class has a skill that rapidly moves them from

When I say it lacks innovation, I mean this is what I expected:

Imagine every class has a skill that rapidly moves them from one location to another, for the wizard it could be teleport, barb could jump, demon hunter could cartwheel etc. There are certain enemies in the game where that skill is necessary, otherwise you cannot defeat them, or they instantly kill you, or there are places in the environment from which you cannot progress unless you use that skill. Likewise, each class has a skill that makes them temporarily invulnerable for a short period of time (again mage could phase to another dimension, barb could harden his skin, demon hunter could drop dead then come back to life a few seconds later) otherwise certain enemies will kill you instantly, or the environment will kill you unless you use that skill, and you cannot progress through the game unless you use it properly. Then the game could throw several enemies at you simultaneously where you have to use diverse skills to overcome varied obstacles.

Instead, every enemy can simply be killed with regular old damage. And you always suffer from regular old damage. You can walk the entire world from beginning to end, and the "puzzles" that you solve do not rely on reaction time or playing skill, just grab-and-go. Click click click.

Boring.
  17. Nov 17, 2013
    Probably the most disappointing game release of my life. I spend days weeks months in total game play, playing Diablo 1 and 2. I waited years for this master to return and what a disappointment it was.

They took something evil, mysterious, challenging and dark and turning it into a Walt Disney click fest for kiddies. Gone are the half naked sprites and up side down crucifixes. Instead you are met with animated characters in bloom, which inspire not fear of death but more of a scene of Alice in Wonderland.

What a tragic end to one of the best titles ever.
  18. Nov 17, 2013
    Lots of people think that this game is a complete disaster and I can't agree with them. Yes, in comparison with its ancestor the game isn't so good, but it's still worth playing. It' just good hack'n'slash. Graphics and music are okay. the greatest minus is has is the length, every act is about 2-2.5 acts length. But still it's a good game. And I don't regret buying it.
  19. Nov 14, 2013
    Game Pros:
    1) Graphics are touched up a bit.
    2) Cains book to ID all items in inventory. 3) The fact that TP scrolls are no longer needed and it saved you space in inventory. Cons: 1) Hardcore is pointless being that unique bosses use the following about 90% of the time: Teleport, Freeze, Shield, Multiply, pull you to them, Very High elemental damage. Often you die as fast as you
    Game Pros:
    1) Graphics are touched up a bit.
    2) Cains book to ID all items in inventory.

Cons:
    1) Hardcore is pointless being that unique bosses use the following about 90% of the time: Teleport, Freeze, Shield, Multiply, pull you to them, Very High elemental damage. Often you die as fast as you can blink.
    2) Item drops: No boss farming in this one. Most unique, set and even rares drop off of random mobs but not often at all on main story bosses. So no Mephy or Baal runs like in D2.
    3) MF hunting is ok but due to the "Cash auction house" they reduced the drop rates of all of the major items such as sets and high end uniques. They are taking the Auction House out of the game in March but they said they are reducing the drop rates even more after that. So months of play and only seeing some uniques means months of play and lucky to see 1 or 2.
    4) Sets and Uniques we came to love in D2 have all been reworked and 95% are total crap now. Remember hunting to finish sets? Forget it now. Out of 6 toons to 60 and of those 6 3 Paragon lvl 18+ I have seen 2 set items drop. Only 2!
    5) The story was simply crap. The cinematic cut scenes are amazing but the story over all just feels pushed and pointless. By the end you feel like you just got kicked int he face with a steel boot for all of your effort.
    6) Item drops over all are disappointing. In D2 it was like Christmas to see a Unique hit the ground because we knew it was a good chance of seeing something worth it. But in D3 you can only handle getting excited about seeing a unique and being disappointed by it being the same crappy item you get to add to your collection of crappy items you have found many times over. Unique item drops after a couple weeks of play gets to the point where you do not even pick up most of them because you just sell them in town like other junk gear, but these crappy uniques are so crappy that you can find a white that would sell for more.
    7) Cash shop screwed up the value of items. So even low level uniques are on the AH for millions of in game gold. This means the value system is based off real money and even with the AH being brought down, the costs will climb due to the fact they are reducing drop rates further. So item trading has become a sell your soul feel more than anything else.

This game had an chance to be a beast of a game but just like all of the other game companies that are around now, they rushed a game release and did not give a crap to put thought into the game. The used the name to sell it and just killed the game name. D4 is not a game I would even buy after this joke of a release. I have never seen a game go off this deep end and ever recover. They always seem to follow the Aliens film franchise, Rush Alien 3 and piss off a fan base. Then rush out more to sucker people into the "Maybe it will be better this time" or the "It could not be worse than the last one". This normally ended with people damn near in tears after the movies yelling "They found a way to make it even more stupid!!!!".

People need to just be done with game companies like this. Refusal to support them is the only way you can win.
  20. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The graphics aren’t the best but they are still great. 8.
    Sound: The sounds good, themes, voice acting. 10.
    Graphics: The graphics aren’t the best but they are still great. 8.
    Sound: The sounds good, themes, voice acting. 10.
    Gameplay: The game is similar to Diablo 2 but with different types of spells depending on the class you choose. The game feels too much of a grind, walk, kill a monster, walk, and kill another monster. As soon as you get to Act 2 it starts feeling like a chore. To hit level 60 you must complete the game on all difficulty settings previous to inferno. After, there are now newly added paragon levels which are just programmed for the dedicated player. I enjoyed the game, it’s something different than what I normally play, but it is very repetitive. 8.5.
    Story: The story is average, I can’t really say much without giving out spoilers. 7.0.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth it, and if you bought the annual pass for WoW like I did, the game is free. 10.
    Overall Score: 8.7 out of 10.
  21. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's been over a year since the release of this game and as all the dust has for the most part settled from the initial fiasco of the internet connectivity issues and a solution for the terrible idea that was the real money auction house (just get rid of it entirely). All in all I've got to say, this game is one of the best dungeon crawlers I've experienced in a long while. I do believe that despite Blizzard being a very successful company, they sure do have a horrible fanbase. The community is some of the worst cases of self-entitlement I've ever seen. They really just feel that the longer they play a game they hate the more Blizzard will break down and do something...in actuality most of us actually enjoy Blizzard's games very much (this one included) and really those who hate it are a small minority who seem to enjoy torturing themselves with "mediocre" games until someone fixes it, which really never happens in their mind. Expand
  22. Nov 12, 2013
    Blizzard got everything wrong when developing Diablo III. Even the graphics do not do the originals justice. The enemies and levels are drab and uninspired. Mini games and creative side quests would have been a welcome addition. The loot sucked and the always on DRM was a disaster. The classes were very "Meh", Path of Exile is far better IMO.
  23. Nov 11, 2013
    Alright, it's time to redo my poor review of this game from a few years ago!

Alright, it's time to redo my poor review of this game from a few years ago!

Alright, Diablo 3 upon launch was a highly controversial game, probablly more so than others. The auction house, always online connection, and numerous changes to the classic formula caused a massive uproar. Even to this day, the uproar is scary and still apparent, with none of the reviews being revised or changed, with many accounts on here clearly made just to give this game an absurd 0 through 2 rating. I hardly consider Diablo 3 to be as bad as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on Nintendo or E.T. for the Atari. Tons of games back then had bugs or glitches that were never fixed for obvious reasons, and the huge deluge of players simply was too much for Blizzard's servers to handle when it comes to Diablo 3. It's been a couple of years now, it's time to stop hating on this game, everybody.

Whether you love it or hate it, Diablo 3's greatest strength is the fluent, visceral gameplay. Ragdoll physics enable enemies to be brutally butchered in a myriad of ways, with tons of gore and fluent attacks/abilities that chain together seemlessly unlike Torchlight 1, Torchlight 2, or Path of Exile which feel stiff or awkward.

Diablo 3's excellent action is accentuated by an awesome, in depth ability system, with room for customization for each ability thanks to "Runes". I find it rather laughable when people constantly whine about "wanting to choose a spec" when they technically can do that now anyway with said abilities or runes. You see, there is a reason for why the ability bar is restricted, and this is to make it more tactical. If given too much freedom (which you can have by turning on the ability to customize the action bar completely), almost every player would choose only the most damaging or "best" abilities. Is this really "fun" to you? If you play online, is it really cool or fun to see everybody using the same god damn abilities over and over again?

While I am on the subject, there is also no reason for there to be a skill "tree" anymore because it can condensed, visually, into something like Diablo 3's current ability system. In many ways, it has the same damn depth as a skill tree, with a lot of room to change. You don't have to change anyway, you can keep your skills as they are now, but having the option to respec is always nice! Also, while I am at it, there is no point to stat points anymore. Each class benefits from EVERY stat now, with Strength giving more armor, Agility adding dodge chance, Intelligence adding elemental resistance (very valuable), and Stamina always important as it adds Health. So, the only real issue is having the classes get more damage output from one stat and one stat only. This is a real problem that hurts the game, but not fatally like all the negative reviews think.

The auction house, well, is about to get removed permanently. Now listen carefully: SOME PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE AH BEING REMOVED. Are you people never pleased?! Seriously, what is going on here? People were complaining about auction house woes one second, and now suddenly people are crying about it being removed soon! Gosh darn it! What I think about the auction house is that in concept, it was a good idea. But, the classic Diablo 2 spirit lies in players trading items to eachother in person, rather than anonymously buying stuff on an auction house. It's a controversial feature that is getting removed pretty soon, which will improve the desire to get good loot from drops alone!

The always online connection. Well, if you have an Internet connection to complain about how Diablo 3 sucks so bad for so long, then why complain about the always online connection? The game was meant to be played with friends or other people. Are you so anti social that you always want to play on your own? Which is the reason to have offline play anyway. But, I don't see why this is a huge problem. I am trying to think long and hard about it... but the only thing I can think of is the always online connection causing game lag and rubberbanding when going solo or playing with others. Which has MOSTLY been fixed, at least for now. As I've said, if you have an online connection very often and rarely get disconnected, then there is no reason to complain about an always online connection. You are able to connect often anyway!

The story. The story in Diablo 3 is CLASSIC Blizzard Entertainment stuff. I do not see how or why it is any different than Diablo 2 or 1. We had cackling villains with loud speeches in THOSE GAMES as well, so what's so bad about the new bad guys? The only reason I hate the story in Diablo 3 is that the villains NEVER GIVE UP, but that's because they are arrogant demons! They do not know defeat! The voice acting is excellent on the main characters as well, and the male Barbarian is just a BADASS overall. So, really, what's the problem?

The visual style. Um, who cares? Moving on!

Anyway, that's all I have to say about Diablo 3.
  24. Nov 10, 2013
    The best action rpg out there so far. It might not be as challenging as diablo 2 but hey you have to think about everyone when you are playing a game.
  25. Nov 9, 2013
    No feel of "Diablo". Feels like a juvenile adventure game, not a gothic horror. Disappointed to say the least. Hopefully the expansion breathes new life into it.
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    Listen to the one's who play this game! IT SUCKS, the critics are being PAID by Blizzard to give it such a high rating, but the PEOPLE have spoken. We've been waiting 12 years for this game to come out and the best they can do is give us rip offs of gemcraft (the gemstones) and WoW(the graphics) I wasted my money on this game and I don't even want a refund, I deleted it off my hard drive.Listen to the one's who play this game! IT SUCKS, the critics are being PAID by Blizzard to give it such a high rating, but the PEOPLE have spoken. We've been waiting 12 years for this game to come out and the best they can do is give us rip offs of gemcraft (the gemstones) and WoW(the graphics) I wasted my money on this game and I don't even want a refund, I deleted it off my hard drive. They control the forum chat, which by the way is where the REAL REVIEWS ARE and if they don't like what you say, they BAN YOU FOR DAYS. They refuse to make the game offline and force you to play a crappy story line, they put some girl in the game as a lead character and it just can't be taken seriously anymore. My heart stays at LOD because of the legacy it holds for me having played it all these years. I don't know what is going on with greedy blizzard but I wouldn't call it Diablo III it's more like an offbrand arcade of what once was and ALSO, they took out characters and items ONLY to put them back in the expansion?...uh RIP OFF. Why weren't they in the first release, it only seems LOGICAL. Wow this whole game is a scam, and I do NOT NOT NOT recommend it. The story line sucks, the forum chat is controled by blizzard bots who seemingly seem to comment on your every post magically as soon as you write it. BOOM 5 replies all bismerching and uncrediting your source...interesting because the MAJORITY doesn't lie. This game blows and I'm disapointed and angry that they've done nothing to fix it other than to make us pay for an expansion. The expansion should be a patch. Only then will I continue to play. I just can't believe all the people who are paid to say that this is a good game.... BS. Expand
  27. Nov 6, 2013
    All of the negative feedback for this game is a joke. I am an oldschool diablo 2 player and seriously diablo 3 just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Sure there are a few bugs sometimes, yet I am now on level 43 nightmare absolutely loving the online play in this game. It also go great guns single player.

Hurray blizzard.
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm very disappointed because can't play offline, and the most i hate about it is, I can't sell to other person who has better Internet connection than me.
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    this game does not deserve a zero 1 or so on this wasnt that bad but was my most dissapointing game ever
    honestly when i finished this game i cried from the dissapointment i loved daiblo 2 so much i had lvl 98 druid i loved every time i killed the cows in the cow lvl but here i had nothing but dissapointment wimsyshire was crap compared to cow lvl boring drops the ending was sloppy aswell i miss the talents the old abilitys and the old hero's the new sorc was so dissapointing no druid just some random guy that looks like he is on crack everything in this game is easy as well the typing is laggy the second bossfight was a random spike all tho was still too easy if i were to say 1 good thing about the game it would be the cutscenes were so good it felt and looked real nothing in this game wants me to keep playing and the comunity is being lost to the better path of exile so 7/10 not good but not bad either
  30. Nov 3, 2013
    Horrible game, the story is crap, the music is not interesting at all, the game play is boring and it looks like a bad mix between Diablo 2 and Wow. Diablo 2 is a good game and so is Wow, but they kind of manage to make something in between which wasn't good at all. The heroes/characters you play are very annoying and so are the npc's who follows you. The graphic is kind of cartoonishHorrible game, the story is crap, the music is not interesting at all, the game play is boring and it looks like a bad mix between Diablo 2 and Wow. Diablo 2 is a good game and so is Wow, but they kind of manage to make something in between which wasn't good at all. The heroes/characters you play are very annoying and so are the npc's who follows you. The graphic is kind of cartoonish which gives it a wow wipe and not dark and scary as I had hoped. That is probably because it was blizzard south (the creators of wow) and not blizzard north (the creators of Diablo 1 +2) who made the game. It is just not a natural extension of Diablo 2 and the game is too easy to play.
    My biggest hope for Diablo 3 was that it would be a good mix between Diablo 1 darkness and Diablo 2 gameplay, Sadly that didn't happen. I've waited 10 years and I'm very disappointed.
  31. Nov 1, 2013
    What else could be said about this unfortunate game that everyone else didn't do already? All of the good things from it predecessors are lost. The essence of an ARPG is nowhere to be found. You can't even change your freaking language. Another beloved franchise is ruined and you should be playing PoE instead. DON'T BUY DIABLO 3, seriously, it's a waste of money
  32. Oct 31, 2013
    Just accept that they don't get what is fun anymore, and they don't care! The console release only FURTHER proves that all Activision cares about for Blizzard is retail sales and profits. The fact that the AH are being completely removed all together just PROVES TENFOLD that we were all completely right since the beginning and let's not forget the 3 search field AH for items with 7+Just accept that they don't get what is fun anymore, and they don't care! The console release only FURTHER proves that all Activision cares about for Blizzard is retail sales and profits. The fact that the AH are being completely removed all together just PROVES TENFOLD that we were all completely right since the beginning and let's not forget the 3 search field AH for items with 7+ affixes, real smart 'design'. Now they are trying to introduce a "Loot 2.0" system which is a f*****g b****slap to the ENDLESS plethora of players (including myself) who could not get past the fact that the itemization in this game is 100% absolutely wrong and altogether functionally a pile of s**t.

How can you deliver a game with ABSOLUTELY NO customization whatsoever on any character class and have the "Unique" and "Set" items be the WORST items in the entire game!? Where is any shred of logic or reason here? Not to mention how unbelievably ridiculously difficult it is to even get a "unique" item to even drop with 400%+ MF, it makes not one bit of difference because as soon as you ID that item it is useless salvage garbage. The best weapons in the game were blue items, the best item affixes you could find were rares. So basically in the beginning of the game all of the "elite" players had high dps blue weapons and most likely full rare equipment besides maybe 1 unique jewelry.

There was absolutely no end game content right from the get go and then they tried to introduce the key drops system and monster power as well as infernal machine. The entire game and all of these patches just felt like obvious panicked 'hotfixes' to try and keep more of the player base around for longer. This just proved again and AGAIN how ridiculously completely unfinished the game was with all of the aspects added that should have been there from before even a pathetic beta test.

Whether they will ever outright admit all of their mistakes and apologize to players they told were wrong but proved 200% right remains to be seen but at this point means nothing. Because even after they try to roll out as many changes as they want to try to remedy a completely broken s**t game, the structure of the game and character progression is COMPLETELY wrong and is still MOST of the problem for 'Diablo' franchise players. They are willing to accept change or "progression" in your eyes but COMPLETELY STRIPPING the game franchise of any character, attribute or skill customization is ridiculous and downright condemning to the point of dissolving the company if you ask me.

For some reason since the 'justin bieber' success of WoW, Blizzard/Activblindness decided it would be a good idea to completely and utterly destroy the 'Diablo' franchise and release a apathetic chin-drool dribbling braindead watered down streamlined bastard child that was "Diablo 3". When did they higher game designers that are ridiculous "Macintosh" retards? This game and all aspects of it's design reek of a putrid stomach curdling "Machintosh" or "iphone" design in that it is a plain piece of crap that everyone has exactly the same one and it looks nice on the surface but underneath it all everything is a nonfunctional piece of crap that can accomplish absolutely nothing except for chatting, and handcuffing you with hordes and HORDES OF POINTLESS UNNECESSARY DRM.

If you are a non-Mac PC user then you should steer 100% clear of D3 because the design makes little to no sense just like an iphone or any other macintosh product. Also for you loser fanboy mac retards "Apple" Records Corps was founded before the modern age of digital electronics so you are MACINTOSH. You don't even have the remote amount of respect deserved to be called "Apple" which actually represents a MUCH more important part of history. Also if you just listen to any true PC gamer they will give you an actual REALISTIC review of this p.o.s. game.

ALL of the BS "major media" game reviewers gave this game high reviews WHICH IS A COMPLETE LIE! And what is the point of EVEN HAVING a review system at all if you can just be bought off so easily?!? That means that your grading scale is ridiculously inconsistent and falsified because it marks down great games repeatedly and then HUGE HOLES AND MISTAKES in broken junk bastard child garbage like this just somehow go unnoticed?!?! How can anyone take these game review outlets seriously anymore? If you are just BLATANTLY outright lying to people's faces in print and online why should anyone ever both to pay attention to anything that comes out of those diarrhea ridden jokes for "publication".

D3 was a complete unfinished joke, WoW D3 End of Blizzard Beginning of Bastardvison

PoE is out now and 100% free to download and play 'not-for-profit' through Steam. PoE offers you EVERYTHING and MORE that you wanted to see out of a modern ARPG inspired by and evolving on the D1 & D2 style that PC gamers truly loved and enjoy to play.

GO DOWNLOAD PoE!!!
  33. Oct 29, 2013
    I was a huge fan of Diablo 2 back in the days, and I have over at least 1200 hours on that game. Now, Diablo 3 does lack a few features, such as the promised PVP. But overall, 5 fun classes to play, nice graphics, awesome spells and runes, and a nice story. Not the best story, but a nice story. I really do enjoy playing the game, even though the Auction House is an overall downside to the game.
  34. Oct 27, 2013
    I can't believe how some of the official reviewers can be so blind. Especially Polygon for giving a score of 100.

After 45hrs of gameplay you think you can give a grinding game a score? Since this game is made to grind, you need at least 300 hours of gameplay before you can judge. When I say 300hrs, I mean on one character alone.
  35. Oct 27, 2013
    Note that most of the extremely low scores were day 1 nerd rage. The truth is that the game is very good for what it is namely, a roguelike action RPG. Diablo III is the best game ever made in its genre. Does this make it a great game? No. Why? Because it is repetitive as heck. But it is polished to a mirror shine it is the best in the genre. It is just that the genre sucks.

You will

You will hear people whining about the always online thing. This is pretty much a non-issue. On launch day, things were rough, but since then, I've had a problem exactly once, which was hardly tragic I lost maybe three minutes of time. The converse of this the fact that you can play ANY of your characters with your friends more than makes up for the annoyance, and its really probably the only reasonable way to keep their marketplace intact.

What about the marketplace itself? You can ignore it if you don't like it, and if you do like it, it is there for your use, and it is easy, convenient, and sure.

What about the game itself? It is Diablo II, but better. It takes everything good about Diablo II, and tosses out everything bad about it the skill trees are gone, you can respec at any time, stat assignments are gone... basically all the stupid busywork which could make your character terrible are gone, and all the things that are fun are present and better. Every character is constantly using their skills, 100% of the time, and this makes for much more diversity in play, and you have many different sorts of attacks on all characters. Some people will nerd rage about losing choices, but let's face it you lost no choices at all. The skill trees existed soley as traps, as there were realistically only a few ways to play any character class, and if you wanted to try out a new skill, you lost that skill point forever, which sucked horribly and encouraged you to never diversify. The stat assignment worked out terribly as only one statistic actually mattered. Diablo III fixes these problems by letting you pick whatever skill from your class you want as long as you are high enough level to use it, and by getting rid of the stats (or rather, your ability to assign them), rather auto-assigning them in an optimal fashion, making the game actually work properly.

The only real bad thing about the game is the same problem that many action RPGs have the gameplay itself is rather tiresome. The really fun enemies only show up later on in the game, making act 1 feel like the act 1 of every other game you've ever played, and quite frankly, even the "really fun" enemies aren't that fun... which is pretty much par for the course for the genre.

There are better, funner games out there, but Diablo III does what it does well. Unfortunately, I just don't think this genre has any life in it anymore we've all played a ton of looters by this point. Do you really need to play one more?

If so, Diablo III might be for you. If not... well, I would recommend against it.
  36. Oct 26, 2013
    This game is a completely failure from the whole base. It was created for being an Auction House with graphics, nothing else. As an ARPG, this game doesn't even let you how to build your character. The personalization in this area is null. You can't level up your stats nor your skills. You only need one stat to raise via equipment. And the only thing relevant is a number called DPS. This,This game is a completely failure from the whole base. It was created for being an Auction House with graphics, nothing else. As an ARPG, this game doesn't even let you how to build your character. The personalization in this area is null. You can't level up your stats nor your skills. You only need one stat to raise via equipment. And the only thing relevant is a number called DPS. This, mixed, is a complete fail in an ARPG. Farming isn't fun, people just used this game for selling items and earn some $$$.

The graphics aren't at all close to what Diablo should be, they are way too light and colorful, and the music is a complete fail. How many tracks this game has, 2 in total?

The cutscenes are really good, tho...
  37. Oct 26, 2013
    Diablo 3 have 1+ year in market and really be honest is there someone still playing it, i'm not talking about 20k people who still have fun of this game,but its more like, "Diablo 3" only name itself need be played from millions.
  38. Oct 25, 2013
    this is a big dissapointed for ARPG nad diablo 2 lovers.. thats all..im played 2000 hours on my barb,paragon 90,can solo mp10 uber bosses,and then POE came out,and then i realised,D3 is like sniffing glue,and then POE come to save my life...
  39. Oct 25, 2013
    I always use the Metacritic as a good and useful reference, like a good compass. But I'd never wrote a critic. Until Diablo 3 made me do it. I'm know the game, I'm a long time fan of Diablo series and I know that all the selling success was only fault of the success of the two earlier games. They could made the new Hello Kitty game with the name of Diablo 3, and the selling on the firstI always use the Metacritic as a good and useful reference, like a good compass. But I'd never wrote a critic. Until Diablo 3 made me do it. I'm know the game, I'm a long time fan of Diablo series and I know that all the selling success was only fault of the success of the two earlier games. They could made the new Hello Kitty game with the name of Diablo 3, and the selling on the first week would have the same result.
    Everything in this game is rage inducing, the storyline is twisted and the fun is absent. A game with a broken storyline with no fun. I'm must be bold with this: a game with no fun. The thing that what is all about, fun. And it is not there. The horror, the terror mood from the first two titles was gone too. Here in Rio we call it a fiasco, a big failure, a disaster. A sound, loud, clear and big FIASCO.
    My note, 3, is only for those people who was born before 2000, who never knew Diablo series and the Blizzard North geniuses. If you are one of them, Diablo is a score 3 game. Otherwise, it's 0.
  40. Oct 24, 2013
    Highly disappointing.

Pros Good animation, good combat feel, good story/cgi scenes
    Cons- Terrible drops, shallow character customization, dev team is skeleton crew divided between pc/console, so sloooooow content releases. Currently over a year since last content update.
  41. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the worst games I've ever played and as a 'Diablo' title, it's an insult to the series and it's fans. The storytelling is enforced on every player. The music is forgettable and theatrical. The voice acting is repetitive, terrible and over the top. The bosses are stupid and underwhelming. The gameplay is linear. The story is butchered and stupid. The 'stylized' art style looks goodOne of the worst games I've ever played and as a 'Diablo' title, it's an insult to the series and it's fans. The storytelling is enforced on every player. The music is forgettable and theatrical. The voice acting is repetitive, terrible and over the top. The bosses are stupid and underwhelming. The gameplay is linear. The story is butchered and stupid. The 'stylized' art style looks good at first glance, but then you see that the developers vision of "horror" theme is nothing more than cliche Halloween styled artistry with pastel colored bodies and blood smears placed in random fashion. Everything about it just felt cheap. To make matters worse, the fanbase told them all along that the direction of the game was a bad idea. From the beginning blizzard ignored all those opinions and now today, we see blizzard backtracking on all those things that they told us would be good. But at the end of the day, the core of the game itself has been trampled all over and it would need to be remade from the ground up to be fixed. Such a terrible game, I will be burdened with the memories for the rest of my life. I wasn't dumb enough to enjoy it. Expand
  42. Oct 24, 2013
    3 points for decent graphics and smooth mechanics, but that is all Diablo III really offers unless you're looking to make a good buck by ripping off the fools in the real money auction house. which is incredibly easy since most are kids stealing their parents' credit cards.
  43. Oct 22, 2013
    Its a good game. It's wonderfully cinematic, and I've yet to run into a serious bug. The music is worthy of a Diablo game, mucn of the atmosphere is terrific, and its visually appealing.

That said, it's not as good as Diablo 2 was. I'll spare you the hyperbole, but, I'm an older gamer, and its not rose-tinted glasses as I've gone back to D2. The primary reason that it disappoints is the loot system. Why? It's very rudimentary compared to D2. Skills? Very limited again. Full control over your own build? Gone. Endless variety of builds and supporting equipment? Gone. Sigh.

I'm making it sound like a disaster, it isn't. Just read the TLDR.

TLDR It's good, but it's a disappointment if you hoped it would live up to its predecessor.
  44. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is a major let down from is predecessors, which had a great variety in build and RPG mechanics, which was completely streamlined, for the worst. The the loot system itself is completely atrocious, making one single weapon to be more valuable than the rest of the gear combined, which is a poor loot choice. The art style is bland and generic, another major let down compared to theThe game is a major let down from is predecessors, which had a great variety in build and RPG mechanics, which was completely streamlined, for the worst. The the loot system itself is completely atrocious, making one single weapon to be more valuable than the rest of the gear combined, which is a poor loot choice. The art style is bland and generic, another major let down compared to the unique aesthetic from the originals. Don't buy this game if you value your money. Expand
  45. Oct 18, 2013
    I consider myself a Diablo authority, having played both predecessors for more hours than I care to admit. I was lured into the original Diablo immediately, and Blizzard's games held me with an iron grip all the way through Warcraft III when college finally put a limit on the amount of time I was able to commit to gaming. I thought Diablo II was a triumph in every sense of theI consider myself a Diablo authority, having played both predecessors for more hours than I care to admit. I was lured into the original Diablo immediately, and Blizzard's games held me with an iron grip all the way through Warcraft III when college finally put a limit on the amount of time I was able to commit to gaming. I thought Diablo II was a triumph in every sense of the word—addicting, innovative, and a sequel that paid proper homage to the original by maintaining all that was good and improving upon everything else.

I will preface the review by saying I wanted to love this game. I wanted to be painfully addicted to this game. I wanted to remember why this franchise was so hard to get away from, so deeply immersing and impossible to put down. In short, I had high expectations, yes; but I also was willing to give this game every fair shot it deserved at grabbing and holding my attention.

This game was, without exception, the greatest gaming letdown I have ever experienced. Let's be clear: if Blizzard released this game under any other title, it would be lauded as a success and plenty of people would buy it and play it. Often, even. But this isn't a game under any other title—it's titled Diablo. And by failing to understand the sheer magnitude of that legacy and all the expectation that comes with it, Blizzard not only insulted and belittled its fanbase, but also disgraced this game's heritage in ways thought unimaginable. It's a shocking indignity that such a magnificent, groundbreaking series had to experience this piteous a fall from grace due to the blithe shortsightedness of its creators.

Diablo II was striking in its ultimate simplicity. Its success was not due to some enigmatic coincidence. It excelled at two pillars—variety and reward—that kept players coming back for hundreds if not thousands of hours of gameplay. Already finished leveling your sorceress? Great—now make a new one, choose a different skill tree, and you will experience an entirely different adventure. You'll find new items, new players, new strategies, new reasons to keep playing even after this new character. Put simply, you will never want to stop because the possibilities are truly endless.

Fast forward to Diablo III. Finished leveling your character? Don't bother creating a new one, because the ability to customize your character is utterly gone. Your second Monk will have all the same exact skills, abilities, and stats as your first, and you will have no control over them. (Blizzard's claim that the ability to customize your skill bar is equivalent to full character customization is as laughable as it is sad.)

Think the unique item you just found is cool? Yeah, it would be, except for the part where unique items are no longer unique, and they have randomized stats and abilities just like rare items. What's worse, every other player on the server has one just like yours because they bought one from the Auction House.

The gameplay isn't the only piece of this game with which I take issue. This isn't the first sequel to fail to live up to the gargantuan if not plainly unattainable legacy of its forebears. My biggest problem comes from Blizzard's shockingly arrogant and dismissive reaction to fan criticism that was unleashed—and en masse, I might add—upon the game's release. They not only denied to millions of fans across the world that the game had any apparent flaws: they also told fans, plainly and simply, that it was unacceptable to expect them to produce a game that resembled, in any fashion, the first two titles (indeed, how dare you expect such a thing).

Blizzard has become a great example of a company that has not only forgotten where it came from, but also forgotten who got it there. This game spits in the face of every fan who has ever loved a Diablo game for its innovation, commitment to variety, and seriously addictive gameplay. To end this review with the understatement of the year: this game isn't worthy of the name it bears.
  46. Oct 17, 2013
    The first Diablo game that I didn't become addicted to playing. The good: smooth gameplay, some fun new monsters and abilities, more detailed landscapes. The cut scenes were also beautiful and exciting....only to be ruined by the terrible plot in-game. Yes, the game's main purpose is hack-and-slash and players don't want too much exposition, but the attempts at bringing the story togetherThe first Diablo game that I didn't become addicted to playing. The good: smooth gameplay, some fun new monsters and abilities, more detailed landscapes. The cut scenes were also beautiful and exciting....only to be ruined by the terrible plot in-game. Yes, the game's main purpose is hack-and-slash and players don't want too much exposition, but the attempts at bringing the story together felt like a joke. Obvious and cliche plot twsts. More bad: always online DRM in single player, inconsistency of atmosphere, nothing special about new locations (another boring desert? Seriously?). Hopefully the designers of the next game will realize there are more important things to a game than just changing the interface and general gameplay. 5/10 Expand
  47. Oct 15, 2013
    3.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-33.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-3 months of lvling/grinding BUT those 2-3 months are well worth it, the graphics are simply great, mechanics, animations, voices... all of those are topnotch even the story isnt all that bad, hell i would buy this game for the cinematics alone... i mean NO MATTER HOW MUCH DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE this game doesn't deserve 0/10 or are you telling me there is at least 1 person that thinks the graphics are bad? Give me a break. If you rate rate reasonably... taking in consideration ALL of its flaws AND beauties. Expand
  48. Oct 13, 2013
    Ridiculous critics scores. Don't waste 60 bucks! After over a decade of waiting this is what we get? The gameplay has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to use the Auction House. And that is exactly where they want you.
  49. Oct 13, 2013
    A game where the character models and overall graphics are a blurry and ugly mess that wouldn't have been acceptable 6 years ago. Where the gameplay has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to use the Auction House. And that is exactly where they want you.
  50. Oct 13, 2013
    I can't believe this game cost $60. I can't believe I have spent $60 dollars on it, the $60 dollars that I will never get back and about 10 hours of my life.

Right from the beginning I could sense the rip off... you can't even customize your character appearance!!!! the F!? Well I created a barbarian character. It felt great at the beginning I walked around and killed all the

Well I created a barbarian character. It felt great at the beginning I walked around and killed all the monsters, the visuals were great.... except... once I started to level up, the skill tree (if you can call it a tree) has proved to be useless and pointless. I was killing things better with the basic abilities.
    Once all the hype settled in I started to feel like a moron sitting near computer pressing the same mouse buttons and keyboard keys 1,2,3,4 without any strategy whatsoever. You can be brain dead to play this game there is no thinking required at all.

Simply said the game has no depth.

Probably would be a good game for a cell phone...
  51. Oct 10, 2013
    I really wanted to play this, but on-going server issues absolutely destroyed the experience. After actually being able to play the game, nothing short of a masterpiece would've sufficed, and this unfortunately is no masterpiece yet just another mindless hack-n-slash game with an extremely boring story that tends to think that sending mindless waves at you constitutes an enjoyable game.I really wanted to play this, but on-going server issues absolutely destroyed the experience. After actually being able to play the game, nothing short of a masterpiece would've sufficed, and this unfortunately is no masterpiece yet just another mindless hack-n-slash game with an extremely boring story that tends to think that sending mindless waves at you constitutes an enjoyable game. This would potentially be true if the game didn't look like a cartoon, a truly regrettable gaming experience. Expand
  52. Oct 8, 2013
    F^%$ing stuipid game. Clearly the critics got paid off 88/100 vs 3.8 user score? Good job guys. If you like the old Diablo games don't touch this. It's been completely tainted by the wow designers.
  53. Oct 4, 2013
    Diablo 3 in it`s base form is troughfuly crafted game. That`s the base to build better loot system, balance, possibilities, fun. You can hate this game if you played Diablo 2, but mostly is because you never understand what Diablo 3 is. And you`re hater of course. But you also can love(!) the game. And thats something what hater never want let go. I love this game to death. I wish itDiablo 3 in it`s base form is troughfuly crafted game. That`s the base to build better loot system, balance, possibilities, fun. You can hate this game if you played Diablo 2, but mostly is because you never understand what Diablo 3 is. And you`re hater of course. But you also can love(!) the game. And thats something what hater never want let go. I love this game to death. I wish it better and glory future. Game it`s funy, epic, with greatly optimized control, combat system, amazing world, atmosphere of battle against evil itself, Also has great interface, item system and easy way to play with friends. And what is absolutely astonishing is creating a builds. I`m absolutely hot about this thing. It`s funny, variable and hard to learn. Expand
  54. Oct 1, 2013
    I hated this game so much. I stopped playing after I reached max level with a char and got to the hardest mode and before pvp patch. First of all, all the loot you get in the game is garbage. like 90% garbage. and 10% of the stuff you get that's useful ISN"T EVEN FOR YOUR CLASS. So you play and play and play and you get items and you get no upgrades because you have to use theirI hated this game so much. I stopped playing after I reached max level with a char and got to the hardest mode and before pvp patch. First of all, all the loot you get in the game is garbage. like 90% garbage. and 10% of the stuff you get that's useful ISN"T EVEN FOR YOUR CLASS. So you play and play and play and you get items and you get no upgrades because you have to use their "Auction house" to buy any new items to keep up with their difficulty curve.

So you have to take all that crappy loot you can't use, try to pawn it off at the auction house and buy new loot from the auction house that someone else found for your class. Here's an idea, how about the monsters drop items for ME? instead of this stupid middle man called the Auction house?

But wait, put in a bunch of useless affixations for your items and 0 character and class customization and you get a very very boring game with an auction house run by bots and a game that is frustrating, boring, and tedious.

Going to the forums doesn't help because all you get is a bunch of PC(politically correct) General managing robots that don't give you straight answers and just answer stupid questions like "What is your favorite monster?"

I'm really disgusted with this game considering it took 9 years to create this mess.
  55. Sep 30, 2013
    Blizzard must have paid off the critics on here. This, as a Diablo series game, is a joke. It is disgustingly bright colored instead of dark and gothic. It's story is TERRIBLE, and clearly written for young children. It's abilities are not too bad, but lack the depth and strategy Diablo 2 allowed for.

The skill loadout would have been a good idea for some brand new game, but most Diablo fans wanted the in depth character skill customization Diablo 2 offered. The mods to each ability just feel lazy on the developer's part as well. Item stats are randomized on even high end items, and unlike Diablo 2 they are mostly pure stats. This just makes gearing very boring. And finally they seem to have intentionally designed it to make it as easy as possible for players to leech xp without doing any of the work. If they aren't in the same zone they still get some xp, can't be kicked, and will get summoned to bosses automatically when you start the fight.

This game is fun for a little while, but ultimately disappointing.
  56. Sep 29, 2013
    This game just seems extremley outdated. Back when developers and designers had very limited resources it made sense to have fixed cameras and extremely linear paths, but for today standards of a full priced action rpg the it seems archaic.

For example, at first is seems fun walking linear paths using simple button presses to perform actions over and over, but of course this will get old very fast. So in order to stay immersed in the game and not get bored you may try exploring, but the game is to linear, (with limited backtracking and small paths), to have much fun exploring.

Then you may try to just appreciate the visuals, but as stylized as they are (which is not always a bad thing though very diffrent and much more cartoon then it's roots) with a fixed camera there is not a lot of flexibility when it comes to appreciating the scenery.

Then theres the hole level progression and loot motivator, but the game feels so streamlined and limited in these areas as well. I still wanted to enjoy this game despite all these flaws, and there is still fun to be found in the game, but sadly, the game is also extremely short. As much as I wish to enjoy this game, it sadly feels far to much like a chore playing it.
  57. Sep 28, 2013
    No mini-games, boring creatures to swat with mundane attacks, lame weapons/loot...uninspired and repetitive levels and scenery...boring characters and quests. The game is more like World of Moneycraft than Diablo. I tried to like it but it just plain sucks. There is far more to do in skyrim or any Elder scrolls game for that matter. Don't waste your hard earned cash on this WoW clone, buyNo mini-games, boring creatures to swat with mundane attacks, lame weapons/loot...uninspired and repetitive levels and scenery...boring characters and quests. The game is more like World of Moneycraft than Diablo. I tried to like it but it just plain sucks. There is far more to do in skyrim or any Elder scrolls game for that matter. Don't waste your hard earned cash on this WoW clone, buy Skyrim or the originol Diablo's instead. I mean they were too lazy to even put in weather effects or a decent character customization. Oh and there is nothing to do once you beat the game on all the difficulties. The achievements are pointless and reward you with literally nothing. And then there is the pathetic DRM and failed auction house. It's sad how millions of sheeple bought nothing but a piece of hype (and sh**). Expand
  58. Sep 27, 2013
    An absolutely terrible disappointment. If you were a fan of the original Diablo titles, you will most likely hate this game. Blizzard has essentially removed everything that made Diablo dynamic (stat points, skill trees, runewords, the ability to jump from act to act in a single game session, the ability to create your own unique games, 4 player maximum, very poor story-line). Every timeAn absolutely terrible disappointment. If you were a fan of the original Diablo titles, you will most likely hate this game. Blizzard has essentially removed everything that made Diablo dynamic (stat points, skill trees, runewords, the ability to jump from act to act in a single game session, the ability to create your own unique games, 4 player maximum, very poor story-line). Every time you play, you're forced to go through the same exact quests over, and over, and over, every single time you make a new game. There is no quest log. Do not waste your money on this game. Expand
  59. Sep 26, 2013
    the core of a arpg is gone in this game look for it to get better in 2014 with the rmah an the gah leaving the game everything in this game is well done but the core of the game is gone so i give it a 4.
  60. Sep 25, 2013
    A shadow of the former Diablo's. Sadly this game does not live up to the ones that came before. Its too easy, and lacks the depth and breadth of the other Diablo titles.
  61. Sep 25, 2013
    Just a POOR game i played 3x 60s and now nothing to do NOTHING maps everytime the same Auctionary house and now they write that they will close the Auctionary at march u know why at march? they hope that people start buying now when they know that AH is closing at march those failors they should get banned from the gamingscene! Criminals NEVER Blizzard games NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
  62. Sep 24, 2013
    I don't understand why Blizzard takes too many years to finally ruin a series of games.
    Unfortunately I brought the game to feel complete waste of time and money.
    Diablo 3 miss the main elements of the serie, the atmosphere (corrupted and full of pain world) and the sense of weakness... Yeah the effect that the player gets in panic or feeling of danger. Respawn sucks, Loots sucks,
    Unfortunately I brought the game to feel complete waste of time and money.

Respawn sucks, Loots sucks, Magical item sucks, Classes sucks and the worst of all.... Visual and voice ruin the atmosphere of the dark fantasy involved in Diablo.

The best and unique Diablo 1 get contaminated as well that Warcraft.
    Sad, very sad
  63. Sep 19, 2013
    Auto leveled stats, maps that point you where to go like you are 10 years old or retarded, laggy forced online play even for single player and a storyline that had me bored not even half way through the game. Diablo 1 and 2 are a couple of my favourite games of all time, why did Activision have to f*** Blizzard North and put out this horrendous attempt at a sequel.
  64. Sep 17, 2013
    The implementation of the auction house and real money auction house destroys the fun for me.
    This is a poor idea, which destroys the excitement of finding something truly awesome after a long grind.
    There is nothing about this experience that can even come near the feeling you got in Diablo II, when finding a high level green item. All the super graphics, the smooth 3D engine, the

when finding a high level green item.

All the super graphics, the smooth 3D engine, the nice music, and decent voice acting is all for nothing.
    Completing the game takes just a few hours, and after that, you are stuck with a pointless grind,
    which rewards you with absolutely nothing.
  65. Sep 16, 2013
    After several hundreds of hours of gameplay I find myself regretting a large chunk of it. A sliver of the game is enjoyable while the rest is boring and dull.
  66. Sep 16, 2013
    I've loved the graphics and the story, even if a little shorted then what is expectable from a game with a 9 years of work. Nothing really new on the characters, skill etc etc. But the whole hack and slash experience is a lot of fun, musics create the right atmosphere, voices are just fine and so on.

but then you finish it, and replay it just to find out that the only thing that changes is the difficulty level of the monsters. Blizzard didn't spend a MINUTE trying to make the game enjoyable if replayed. At certain point it's rather embarassing, when you find the templar AGAIN and quest with the SAME templar with the SAME NAME, which, finished his quest just disappears!! it would take a junior programmer an afternoon to make up something more clever, like another templar with another dialogue which at least walks away. It's really embarassing.

And then the auction house kicks in. You find out that the weapon of your dream that took you weeks to fine tune and equip, it's one third of the power that you can buy in the auction house. From that moment on you stop picking up weapons from the ground forever.

Kills the whole game, totally.

Get Torchlight 2, at least it's created as an adventure game and not a secondlife version of ebay.

Shame on you Blizzard
  67. Sep 13, 2013
    What could very well be the single most disappointing release in video gaming history, Diablo 3 proves to be a knife twist in the heart for many Diablo fans while simultaneously still managing to stand tall among other action role playing games.

The game's strengths, and more so weaknesses, revolve around both the game's simplicity and the massively multiplayer driven auction house. Where many ARPG's go for a talent tree, or a similar point allotment system, Diablo 3 eliminates that in favor for a small swappable hotkey palette (total of six skills at a time), each skill in turn capable of being upgraded with a single rune out of a choice of 5 that are unlocked gradually as you level. Finally this is capped with three passive skills that are chose from a list of about fifteen.
    While this may seem like an impressively diverse system, most skills and runes are either too bad to be used or too good to be overlooked, and the lack of synergy between skills and runes means that skills will mostly be picked for standalone power over build viability.

The game also requires an online connection in order to prevent item duping, which can lead to death issues due to lag or disconnection making hardcore mode very unappealing. The auction house also tends to be required in order to find gear upgrades due to the sheer absurd rarity of finding a well rolled item. This issue may possibly be resolved in the next expansion, where developers are suggesting that bind on account gear will be more competitive.

While combat mechanics are fairly solid and graphics impressive although not terribly moody, the game falls short with very standard AAA production audio, dull and repetitive enemies, and a surprisingly bad storyline given the game's history and the resources available to the developers. What's more the game seems to revolve around farming loot, as if that aspect alone is what makes a dungeon crawler appealing. Worst of all, perhaps, are the grotesquely skewed attributes in the game, with some stats being godly powerful and others being utterly useless resulting in most items being lackluster to any given player.

Bad itemization is further marred by the fact that only survivability (health, all resist, and life steal) and DPS stats (weapon damage, primary stat, crit, crit damage, attack speed) are the only desirable stats for any given player, meaning that, aside from primary stat and class unique items, everyone gears the exact same regardless of class and build. Essentially the game simplifies things down to how far you can push your DPS without getting instantly killed by enemies, which is eerily similar to the how damage dealers operate in Blizzard's other blockbuster game World of Warcraft.
    Creative tactics and unusual builds, thus, fall to the wayside as the game appears to be attempting to simplify what constitutes a gear upgrade, pushing for player power to manifest in the form of 'farming as quickly as possible'. Avoiding mechanics becomes pointless (it's not very possible most of the time anyway) once a character's DPS And life steal can out heal anything thrown at them, provided their health and damage resistance stats are high enough to be prevent dieing in a fraction of a second. The usefulness of most items, thus, can be ascertained with a mere glance rather than a hearty comparison.

Overall Diablo 3 is not a bad game by any stretch, but simply cannot stand up to the overall quality and replay value demanded of it, or even its own predecessors. The arguably overly simplistic design and scope also leaves the game with an unpleasant aftertaste that smacks too much of a well polished 'baby's first dungeon crawler'. It's worth playing, but simply doesn't offer anything new or exciting to the genre.

7/10 a solid ARPG, better than most, but nothing too special and severely hurt by tripping over it's own poorly executed loot and hero customization philosophies. Required online play is also a slap to the face.
  68. Sep 13, 2013
    Stripped of all the RPG depth and character development of the first two games, Diablo III is disappointing from the start. But the pay-to-win, real money rip-off auction house makes this game nothing but a joke. To make matters worse, Blizzard then releases a console version that fixes some (not all) of the problems of the PC version, but refuses to give the paying PC customers aStripped of all the RPG depth and character development of the first two games, Diablo III is disappointing from the start. But the pay-to-win, real money rip-off auction house makes this game nothing but a joke. To make matters worse, Blizzard then releases a console version that fixes some (not all) of the problems of the PC version, but refuses to give the paying PC customers a corrected version! PC gamers were used as a trial-run for the console port, and offered nothing for their suffering. When even respected developers like Blizzard have abandoned ethics, morals, and artistic vision, and turned to dumbed-down gaming, crappy ports, and intentional rip-offs, one must necessarily start to lose faith and hope in the whole gaming industry. Who will save us from the misery? Not Blizzard. Expand
  69. Sep 11, 2013
    I played this during release and whilst fun at first; I stopped after I noticed the game had glaring problems like bad loot and itemization, real-money auction house, class imbalance, online only, bots, etc etc...

Fast forward to a year, I tried playing it again hoping Blizzard finally patched the mess they did with this game. But nope, it still sucks and failed to live up to the hype.

What's funny is they're releasing an expansion that comes with a patch that'll supposedly fix loot and itemization AFTER A YEAR.

What a joke Blizzard has become.
  70. Sep 9, 2013
    This game was a massive disappointment.

Pros- It looks good Cons- No offline mode Bland loot items AUCTION HOUSE Hacked accounts Slow, glitchy servers repetitive gameplay Impossible to find good items outside of said auction house Game unplayable at lauch and the icing on the cake...Blizz doing NOTHING to help with any of this This pisses me off so much even now. This
    This game was a massive disappointment.

Pros-

AUCTION HOUSE
    Hacked accounts
    Slow, glitchy servers
    repetitive gameplay
    Impossible to find good items outside of said auction house
    Game unplayable at lauch
    and the icing on the cake...Blizz doing NOTHING to help with any of this

This pisses me off so much even now. This whole game was such an ugly blatant money-grab that doesn't deserve to share the name of Diablo I and II. It's developers spurned everything that made the first two games legends in and in return gave us this garbage.
  71. Sep 9, 2013
    I was a big fan of the Diablo franchise, but blizzard's approach to this game made me completely unable to support them.

It's a true and undoubted deception.
  72. Sep 8, 2013
    Terrible Titan Quest clone that requires you to install the game onto a flash drive just to prevent the framerate stutter. Or splash out on an SSD hard drive. Either way is a little awkward for those of us with normal hard drives.
  73. Sep 7, 2013
    Diablo 2 was such a great game. So much detail and fun. Not like this rushed piece of crap. The skills are so lame and the graphics make me wonder if bush is still president. This is a downgrade. U would think with such an amazing game like d2 they would put the best they had into this but ohhhhh no they wanna just get a quick buck off of us. Lame lame lame. Guess when they keep cancellingDiablo 2 was such a great game. So much detail and fun. Not like this rushed piece of crap. The skills are so lame and the graphics make me wonder if bush is still president. This is a downgrade. U would think with such an amazing game like d2 they would put the best they had into this but ohhhhh no they wanna just get a quick buck off of us. Lame lame lame. Guess when they keep cancelling the release of a game there's a good reason. Epic fail. Expand
  74. Sep 7, 2013
    1-60 I found it to be a near perfect game. Classes felt distinct. Action was nicely paced. Gear mattered but didn't roadblock you. Everything you could wish for. Its after Inferno that the overall quality took a nose dive. Gear roadblocks, poor drop rates, over-emphasis on using gold/money to buy gear from other players. Really killed my enjoyment. Great game at the start, but god1-60 I found it to be a near perfect game. Classes felt distinct. Action was nicely paced. Gear mattered but didn't roadblock you. Everything you could wish for. Its after Inferno that the overall quality took a nose dive. Gear roadblocks, poor drop rates, over-emphasis on using gold/money to buy gear from other players. Really killed my enjoyment. Great game at the start, but god un-fun pretty quick once paragon levels starts. Hoping the loot and some class skills get a second look. Really a shame to have such a good base game fall off so hard. Expand
  75. Sep 6, 2013
    Overall good game, its a sequel though. Kept the feel of the older Diablos but you can use four abilities at once (using hotkeys) rather then 1. The fact that this game has a 3.8 user score means that people dont know what they are talking about and need to get a clue... games not perfect but over all good.
  76. Sep 6, 2013
    Here is how your Diablo 3 experience will go: Log in,Hold left-click: receive pants, random disconnect. Login, repeat, repeat, possibly with more disconnecting.
    I can't say that I've NEVER been more disappointed in a AAA title such as Diablo 3, but I have VERY VERY NEARLY never been more disappointed in a title from such a beloved house such as Blizzard. Maybe it's because it is now the House of WoW, and the original creative genius that gave us such gems as Starcraft and the original Diablo and Diablo 2 is no longer in residence...
    Whatever the rationale behind it, requiring a persistent online connection for what is an overwhelmingly Solo-and-LAN-Party Experience was ill-advised and catastrophic. On the underhanded-gold-grubbing side was the idea of a real-cash shop for items in a game for which the player had already payed FULL RETAIL PRICE!
    The dull, repetitive gameplay, along with the infuriating frustration that would come with trying to ACTUALLY PLAY THIS GAME WITH FRIENDS, compounded by the blatant greed of the publisher condemns this game to the realm of Horrible Things Which Cannot Be Unseen.
  77. Sep 5, 2013
    I bought this game the day it came out and I have been playing it ever since, and I must say I love every minute I spend playing it. Even when you complete the game you can just keep going (unlike diablo 2 with a level 99 cap), and the fun never ceases. I would highly recommend this game to other gamers looking for a great RPG to get addicted to.
  78. Sep 4, 2013
    Certainly not the game it should have been. Ridiculously toned down and made overly simple and linear for the masses, released on consoles. Made worse by the original director Jay Wilson's retarded behaviour on social media where he attacked Diablo II players.
  79. Sep 4, 2013
    Worst game evr and a waste of time. Very, very disappointing! If there will be a Diablo IV, i definately won't buy it. Save your money, because that's the only thing they want from you! It's a complete disaster!
  80. Sep 3, 2013
    Simply put this game breaks one of gaming's cardinal sins, its just godawful boring. No thought or creativity was put into this game and even a year later there are still server issues for an offline single player game.
  81. Sep 2, 2013
    Upon looking at some of the glowing reviews you might lead yourself to believe this is a worthwhile game. The sad truth is it's not. I have seen some people give this game a 10 before they've even finished it and I'm willing to bet all of the other high rated reviews at best completed normal. I'm here to tell you that even normal is no good. The story is paper thin and so incrediblyUpon looking at some of the glowing reviews you might lead yourself to believe this is a worthwhile game. The sad truth is it's not. I have seen some people give this game a 10 before they've even finished it and I'm willing to bet all of the other high rated reviews at best completed normal. I'm here to tell you that even normal is no good. The story is paper thin and so incredibly generic you'd think it fanfiction if you weren't actually living it. Sure the gameplay is solid and the graphics are ok but that's not what this is all about. The vast majority of people who bought this game didn't buy it to give a quick once through and like I said even that is a pretty piss poor experience. Now let's get to what makes this game truly terrible. The end game content, there is none. You will find yourself looping the same routes over and over and over for hundreds maybe thousands of hours to one pointless end, obtaining gear. Well guess what, even the gear in this game is god awful. It's dumbed down and 99% of every single thing that drops is worthless trash. Even the legendaries and sets are lackluster. Now let's talk about the auction house and it's truly terrible effect on the game. Because of the auction houses existence, there are gold botters and because of gold botters gold is absolutely worthless. No amount of in game farming will yield you enough gold to compare to people who can just throw down cash. In fact the balance is so in favor of this that the price of crafting certain items and even removing some gems from sockets is a reflection of this. Simply put, this game is a let down. It has no style, no substance, no depth, it's just a glorified sixty dollar arcade game. Expand
  82. Aug 31, 2013
    The only regret is that I waited all this time to play Diablo 3. That game isn't comparable to other h&s in the market. The details, the structure of the map, battles, story,graphics effects, etc. all to a higher level.
  83. Aug 31, 2013
    Basically, DIII is a boring version of DII. I had to stop playing it not long before the end of Act II. It's just... Same thing... Over and over... Almost zero field to experiment with a character. Pre-defined set of abilities. Boring monsters with much fewer specific to them properties. Much less random maps. Repetitive and dull script. Yeah, I had to read what happened up to Act IV, andBasically, DIII is a boring version of DII. I had to stop playing it not long before the end of Act II. It's just... Same thing... Over and over... Almost zero field to experiment with a character. Pre-defined set of abilities. Boring monsters with much fewer specific to them properties. Much less random maps. Repetitive and dull script. Yeah, I had to read what happened up to Act IV, and hell, I was not surprised even once! I understand that story in Diablo game always was needed just to somehow justify the massacre, but remember how much deeper was DI and DII stories! And, finally, what's one of the main addiction to RPG reasons? That feeling, when you YOU make your character stronger the way you want. There's none. You don't raise stats (the game makes it for you), you don't choose abilities (you pick them from a constantly available list), the only way to modify all this is loot and it's random too. But graphics and designs are good. Expand
  84. Aug 30, 2013
    Diablo 3, the successor the infamously popular and well received Diablo 2...This is a game that rides on the coattails of it's successor. This game is a colossal and dismal failure. How could it fail so badly when it had such a great example to follow? The developers goals were lofty, yet they chose on multiple occasions to abandon systems that worked tremendously well in the past andDiablo 3, the successor the infamously popular and well received Diablo 2...This is a game that rides on the coattails of it's successor. This game is a colossal and dismal failure. How could it fail so badly when it had such a great example to follow? The developers goals were lofty, yet they chose on multiple occasions to abandon systems that worked tremendously well in the past and instead chose to implement unproven systems. Why reinvent the wheel when it comes to the stat, skill and item systems? A new story, new characters, more items in the same vein as the items of the past games and heck while your at it throw in a few new, fun systems, but test them. And test them again. And...Ahhh... you get the point. I purchased this looking for a game that blended nostalgic moments from the content and systems of Diablo 2 with modern advances in gaming and iterations of the franchise that fun new experiences. I got a game devised to cash in on it's predecessor's glory and was entirely a failed attempt at innovation. This is a SKIP. Expand
  85. Aug 30, 2013
    I looked forward to this game so damn much. The second Diablo game is one of the best games I've ever played because it combined a variety of elements so extremely well and managed to be completely unique and quite different from its predecessor.
    Which is the first and biggest problem with Diablo 3; it's a bloody mess. The difficulty has been scaled back from very hard to kindergarten-hard. The economy is broken you can buy a single item for a very cheap price and you will wreck the next 3 acts that you play. The new skill-system seemed like a good idea when you realized that it didn't encourage switching your game-style. You will literally just choose a few spells and use them act after act after act. The skills are also unimaginative and most are completely useless which is why only a chosen few are good enough for the later stages of the game. This makes everything repetitive and very grindy. Spamming a single ability over and over again until everything is dead is NOT a good way to do things. Which brings me to my next problem; the loot is so boring! In Diablo 2 you could pick up an armour and gain access to an ability that your class couldn't even use. In Diablo 2 you could get a weapon that had a chance of shooting fireballs at your enemies. In Diablo 3 you get items with stats like: +361 dexterity and +270 vitality. They do no difference whatsoever and this is really a deal-breaker in a game that relies so heavily on loot and gear.
    And always online DRM is unacceptable. I'm not even mad that I couldn't play the game when I first got it. That was a long time ago and it was fixed; it's fine. But I should never ever have to be online to play an offline game. That is the dumbest thing they could've possible done and it absolutely infuriates me.
    Diablo 2 improved on great features. Diablo 3 removed them.
  86. Aug 28, 2013
    This game is bad. Really bad. Do not buy.
    ************************************
    *************************************
    ****************************************
  87. Aug 26, 2013
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible:

+ Fluent gamplay and fun combat + Good sound effects + Easy to learn... - easy to master - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious - Skill system is pure **** - Doesn't offer any real customization - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad - Horribly designed skills - Horrible itemization - General
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible:

+ Fluent gamplay and fun combat
    + Good sound effects
    + Easy to learn...

- easy to master
    - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious
    - Skill system is pure ****
    - Doesn't offer any real customization
    - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad
    - Horribly designed skills
    - Horrible itemization
    - General design of important game aspects underwhelming

All in all: 4/10 would not buy again.

As a Diablo fan you will find the story is an insult to the genre and to its fans. The itemization is just terrible and everybody who was tasked with the job should leave the gaming industry forever. As should the designers of the skill system it offers no customization at all. It is obvious that the D3 developers don't understand what makes a good aRPG because this game is an arcade game that caters to less than casual players.

As a Diablo fan this game is a: -1 10
  88. Aug 25, 2013
    OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. This is my favorite overhead game of all time, yep better than Diablo II in my opinion. This is the best looking games ive ever played. The cinematics the best looking ive ever seen. The gameplay is simply fantastic although gets repetitive later on.
  89. Aug 22, 2013
    I must be one of the few gamers reviewing this game who didnt much like or play Diabolo 2. D2 was BORING. It was repetitive. The sound effects were annoying. The graphics sucked. The story was stupid, and combat was either too easy or too hard. Not only that, the skill trees were confusing, the classes were irritating and there was no kind 'role playing' in the game at all. The thing thatI must be one of the few gamers reviewing this game who didnt much like or play Diabolo 2. D2 was BORING. It was repetitive. The sound effects were annoying. The graphics sucked. The story was stupid, and combat was either too easy or too hard. Not only that, the skill trees were confusing, the classes were irritating and there was no kind 'role playing' in the game at all. The thing that Diabolo 2 did well was LOOT. That cube thing! Gems! legendary items. While I didn't much like the game in total, I loved the loot! loot was the one thing Diabolo 2 did well. Diabolo 2 was the KING of loot games. The loot was so good, that even someone who disliked eveything else, actually stuck around to play a bit, just to see what I could find. Whether you could use it or not, every hour it seemed you could find something interesting to look at, stick in the cube and mess around with. Loot in D2 was the best. So what happened Blizzard? Now we have Diabolo 3. All the things that were bad in the last game seem to be better. Yet the thing that was most important. The thing that was fun. the one area in which Diabolo as a franchise outshone every other game in existence has been NERFED!!!!!!!!!! You must be facking kidding! What is this game? Its some kind of conveyor belt of pretty spell effects and boring loot that we are supposed to play? No cube? No sockets? No set pieces? No legendaries? No NOTHING in the one area where Diabolo was worth playing???? Do i get it right that this game was designed to be boring so that we would pay cash to buy things that we used to have fun finding. that doesn't make any sense. Buying items gives ZERO sense of satisfaction. If you buy an item you only feel like you wasted real money on some data, that we get for free in every other possible game we play under the sun? This is not game design. THIS IS ZERO FUN. Zero fun equals zero score guys. Who ever is responsible for this needs to go and find a job doing else, because they clearly don't understand games. Hey developers please don't be so cynical, so mean spirited, so corporate, so compromised, so petty, so nasty, so explotative, so cruel! Stop measuring success on unit sales and annual turnover. With the kind of budget power Blizzard has, you could have made a game so much better than Torchlight 2. You got outgunned by a team with 10% of your budget, but 5000% more integrity! what a pack of utter, spineless losers this team is, their boss's member deep up their collective rear end. Hang your heads in shame! If you can't make the game you want to make quit and find a place where you can. If your boss has bad values, quit and stop helping him exploit you to exploit his customers! Show some spine and integrity! Your whole team should compose a letter of denunciation and leave en-masse. Maybe then we can forgive you for this joyless auction house with bloom effects tacked on. 1/10 for those things that were improved. 3 very quiet claps for that

90. Aug 21, 2013
    I'll cut this real short and simple:

-Always online DRM. Hosting own game in D2 worked just fine. No reason for this garbage except No single player mode incredibly insulting. Screams of greed. -Real Money Auction House: You may have thought you didn't need to use the AH if you didn't want. You were wrong as gear drop rates are so low it has been clearly designed to force you to
    I'll cut this real short and simple:

-Real Money Auction House: You may have thought you didn't need to use the AH if you didn't want. You were wrong as gear drop rates are so low it has been clearly designed to force you to spend money on top of the $60 full price you spent on the game itself.

-Storyline absolutely abysmal. I thoroughly enjoyed the Medieval Gothic themes of D1 & D2. Here we have bright colors, non-dark environments and no gothic art style to be found anywhere. Instead we get Starcraft Protoss heaven. Literally everything about the storyline was terrible to me. Tyreal going from this mysterious, cool sounding rebel archangel to a random black guy. Deckard Cain killed for literally no reason. Diablo and all other major act bosses are simply generic villain clones that look like something out of WoW raid dungeons. Game forces you on rails through each quest in order so no skipping quests once you've already beaten the game.

-5+ years on development would have given sufficient time for a good team of industry veterans to create a deep, huge game world with interesting mechanics and things to do. Instead you can beat the game in less than 12 hours.

-No skill/talent trees from D2. Can't make interesting builds. Instead you have a limited skill pool to choose from, which is easier for casuals to understand but don't as much customization as D2 skills tree did.

-Server and lag issues that exist solely because of always online DRM. Hardcore players regularly killed because of lag and coding.

Perhaps one of the most sad aspects of this whole experience is there are still legions of die hard, fanboy zealots that absolutely adore being spoonfed this kind of extreme From a gameplay perspective and a business perspective D3 is absolutely a ripoff when one has at least a tad of experience under their belt. Do you think other companies could get away with this Imagine all car companies required their cars to be logged in & connected to wi-fi internet in order to work in order to stop automobile thefts. Do you think that kind of business model would work? No. People would be outraged and actually spam them with letters telling them just where they can shove it.

In the game industry however, I'd wager to say most gamers are between ages 12-28 and as such these people are less likely to have experience in business, thus the industry can still make a profit ripping people off. They get away with it because young people in that age group usually don't care or lack the knowledge to make informed decisions. When you buy Diablo 3, you are literally using your wallet to tell Blizzard to make more games like this. Companies will always trail what was successful in the past. Every gamer should NEVER pre-order a video game and instead read many reviews and watch many raw gameplay footage of said game after release before deciding to buy.

Thus sadly, Diablo 3 style games will continue to be pumped out by blizzard such as their "Reaper of Souls" expansion pack. Diablo 3 no doubt was commercially successful despite it clearly being an inferior experience to its predecessors that are a decade old. The people to blame for this mess are the gamers who wasted their money on this and encouraged this rotten business behaviour.

I should know, I was regretfully one of them.
    Never again however. I haven't touched Heart of the Swarm and never will. However the cinematics quality was high, but the way the story played out was laughable.
  91. Aug 21, 2013
    When I first started playing, I found myself enjoying the game. The first two chapters were a lot of fun, and being able to play with some of my friends was an added boon. However, by the third chapter, the game really begins to drop off, and by the fourth it's almost as though Blizz just stopped caring entirely. This was also where I finally began to experience the biggest issue I remainWhen I first started playing, I found myself enjoying the game. The first two chapters were a lot of fun, and being able to play with some of my friends was an added boon. However, by the third chapter, the game really begins to drop off, and by the fourth it's almost as though Blizz just stopped caring entirely. This was also where I finally began to experience the biggest issue I remain to have with this game- lag. I was only barely able to beat the game before the lag eventually got to a point where I literally couldn't play the game anymore. A note to Blizzard, and to all other devs planning similar DRM- not everyone has stable reliable internet connections, and punishing these honest customers is no business model. Expand
  92. Aug 19, 2013
    My Honest Review:

Positive: + The Battle is fluid, Solid. But to much explosion. + No More loading screen + Better Graphics Negative: - Artstyle was reduced to cater children, nothing dark, no fright at all, WoW like big shoulders - 4 Player coop (Designed for ease of Console porting) - Always online - Simplification and linear on itemization with simplified elements. Your
    My Honest Review:

+ The Battle is fluid, Solid. But to much explosion.
    + No More loading screen
    + Better Graphics

- 4 Player coop (Designed for ease of Console porting)
    - Always online
    - Simplification and linear on itemization with simplified elements.
    Your class needs main stats, vitality, crits, attack speed.
    Like WoW, higher level item will always better than the lower one.
    Because higher level item offer more Stats which is simple because Diablo 3 itemization is all about stacking those stat, making itemization nothing more than stat sticks.
    Every other classes and build use this kind of item. There is no build defining item.
    - Templated Character progression
    - Demon Lords acts childlike, yapping all around.
    - Grind for Gold
    - There is really no build till this day
    - No PVP
    - Addition of cooldowns in everything.
    - Cannot Deactivate Cinematics, you have to constantly pressing esc to skip them.
    - Limited to 6 skill on choice (Designed for ease of Console porting)
    - NO builds.
    - One dimensional Gem to socket.
    With the simplified stat that each class chooses, every player are pigeonholed to use only certain gemstone because gemstones only offer stats.
    So the only stat usable is mainstat of that classes.
    So its a no brainer that a class will without a doubt uses that gemstone.
  93. Aug 18, 2013
    Totally disappointed: graphic style copied from wow, and totally opposed to the dark environment in Diablo 1&2 gameplay absolutely unbalanced: it is too easy,and that makes it utterly boring.
    No PVP,internet connection required to play offline; real money auction unbalances even more the games mechanics.
    The player stats are now fixed WHY ?!
    After 12 years... Such a failure.
  94. Aug 16, 2013
    Hello, I'll be writing this review from a "Diablo 2 LOD player precept". I'm going to talk about what has been removed from D3, that D2 LOD did right "in my opinion."

- (No offline single player.) - (Battlenet System) - In D2 you could make your own games (Not in D3) - Only 4 Players in a game now from the previous 8 player games. - No longer having the option to choose your own

- (No offline single player.)
    - (Battlenet System)
    - In D2 you could make your own games (Not in D3)
    - Only 4 Players in a game now from the previous 8 player games.
    - No longer having the option to choose your own games to hop into.(old school item for item trading).
    - Lag or Downed Servers or Errors (Not really improved from D2, maybe even worse)
    - Botting still in the game
    *Up side for blizzard if a bot farms a nice item they share the profit with it
    - (Ladder System)
    *I cann't imagin restarts because of the real money auction house
    *-one of the worst ideas ever put into a Action game is holding back one of the best

- (Drop System)
    *Feels very unrewarding. Old system felt more rewarding because there was more items in the game.
    - Set items
    *there is no point in wearing a full set because there's normally no bonus for wearing all the pieces.
    - AH *You'll find the real gear on the real money auction house or a website.
    - No Runes meaning "No Runewords" So doesn't that mean white items are useless?
    - No Jewels
    - No Charms (Small Charms Large Charms Grand Charms Torchs or Annihilus or Gheeds Fortune)
    - No Ethreal items
    - Little to no Aura Spells on hit Items
    *One of the most fun Powerful items from D2

- (Way Points System)**************
    Just to Magic Find another Act you have to beat the one your in or Hop into another game

- (No Open World PvP System)

- (No Skills or Attrubites points System)
    *Characters feel less unique

- (No Valueable Quests)************
    *There isn't one Resistance or Stats Quest or Socket Quest or Skill Quest.
    *There are just mandatory quests in D3

- (Randomized Map Generating System)* Feels less randomized in D3

In D3 Every Characters Damage scales off of Weapon Damage. Unlike D2 where you had to make decisions on Crush Blow, Deadly Strike, Open Wounds, chance to cast a spell 1-3 to skills, Auras, +1-3 freeze target, Monsters rest in Peace, Prevents Monster heal.
    - Top lvl is hit way to fast You'll find yourself around act 3-4hell max level Still having another Difficultly
    to go, and you have to gear grind and do it a 4th time for no other reason then lets do it a 4th time.
    - The Old Cow level (with massive mobs of Cows wheeling Axe Polearms) lets just say its more like a flower, carebear, pony land.
    - Enraged Minions
    - Not having your mercenuary when playing with your friends.

The game has chanced alot "I feel like the game has went backwards". What really pisses me off tho was Blizzcon 2011 "Which you can watch on youtube." Blizzard showed off alot of idea's saying most were finalized "just some needed some fine tuning" Almost all of those idea's shown at blizzcon didn't made it into the game. There for I had no idea as to how D3 would look, sense what they showed me never made it into the game.
  95. Aug 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know there's a lot of fan backlash here but I honestly can't score Diablo 3 more than 4 even though I've beaten it on all difficulties. First two difficulties: too easy thus mainly seen as a chore. Third: Just about right. Fourth: stupid, and the wrong kind of difficulty to boot I don't see how it's a skill check against the player to have your mobs stats set so that they'll one shot a wizard and now the only way to play is to kite everything. That said I did play all this before some supposed "tweaking" and before that, wizards in full resists were basically fodder in Inferno. But alas I can only review based on what I played.

The main reason I score low is:
    1, We've gone from dark, gritty and scary to childish and ridiculous. This isn't diablo. I actually went back to play the original and it still has that same chilling atmosphere and feeling of dread. This game, with it's apparently 6 year old child diablo throwing pathetic taunts your way on the end level, is an insult to the senses.

2, Auction house and lack of solo offline. They killed what made diablo fun, the grinds, the chance to find something really special. There is no chance to find anything special anymore. After four playthroughs I got generic drop after generic drop, absolutely tedious. So I started to browse the auction house and soon after lost any desire to continue playing. I will not pay for loot thanks.

So yeah cheers for ruining everything that made Diablo great, blizz. All you had to do was repeat the dark atmosphere and loot grindy addiction but nah. And ignore the positive critic scores folks because they are clearly not being honest.
  96. Aug 9, 2013
    Long time Diablo and Old Blizzard fan that had the unfortunate experience of playing this pay to win scam game in which the makers do not listen to feedback and try to avoid the real issues with the game. No game deserves a 0, but I must give it one in the hopes it keeps people from buying this on console and/or pc. Trust the users on this one folks; the game is garbage
  97. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3 is hard to review. The area where this game really shines is its combat. The combat is so fluid and satisfying, it really saves the game.

As for the other elements: I didn't like the story or the mood of the game. It certainly isn't as dark as Diablo 2, sometimes it even feels childish, especially how the evil protagonists are presented to you.
    What really annoyed me is the amount of dialogue. Out of nowhere they talk to you, tease you and try to intimidate, but I never felt some kind of horror or fear. The game fails hard in this regard.
    The story is foreseeable, never exciting and all in all it doesn't really fit the Diablo setting. There are also some rather strange deciscion, especially when it comes to Deckard Cain. What happened to him doesn't add anything to the story or game world, but the franchise has lost its most iconic character. What's the point in this? I mean, maybe they have a long term plan when it comes to the story and someday it will make sense, but somehow I doubt this.

The new skill and character system is so easy and dumbed down, it doesn't promote "real" builds or great thought processes. But I won't blame it everything, a big player in this mess is also the item system, which just isn't complexe enough to encourage players to come up with new builds.

There are other things which people do not like, for example the real money auction house or the auction house in general. I am not a huge fan of it either, but nowhere is it the biggest problem of the game.

This price goes to the following: Blizzard is known for supporting its games with regular content. Diablo 3 is different in this way. There hasn't been any "real" content besides the uber bosses since its release, and even that is blatantly stolen from Diablo 2. I mean, they tried to change the game in so many ways, and now they come up with...this? It's not that the system about the uber bosses is bad or anything, it is just disappointing that the new team doesn't have its own ideas where it would be really appropriate, but changes things that worked really well, like the whole character and skill system.
    So, for me this is the biggest problem I have with this game: The lack of new content. And Diablo 3 is desperatley in need of some new mechanics that make this game more diverse. Be it an endless dungeon system like in Torchlight, or the map system like in Path of Exile, the Diablo 3 fails to implement exciting new ways on how to play. Sure, Diablo 2 doesn't have that either, but it has a ladder system and offers a ton of different builds. Diablo 3 doesn't have that and so it needs regular, new content to keep the masses interested. So therefore I never understood why they do not come up with DLCs or something similar, because judging from the lack of content it is obvious that the real money auction house fails to monetise on the game.

Conclusion: I still have hope for Diablo 3, but it will be a long road for Blizzard 'till this game is anywhere near Diablo 2 in terms of fun and replayability. Until then it will be a mindless grind for gear with better stats.
  98. Aug 6, 2013
    yes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other coloredyes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other colored items are most likely vendor cash, please don't support Diablo 3, the only reason why it sold so many copies is because it's Blizzard Ent. if anybody else released this same game it wouldn't have sold as much. The title sold, not the game. Game is garbage Expand
  99. Aug 6, 2013
    Somehow they managed to remove all the fun factor from diablo in this sequel. Finding gear becomes boring as 99.9% of drops are garbage, unlocking new abilities not rewarding because most of the suck. When the game came out the balance was flat out BROKEN in inferno. It still is but nowhere near as much. Using the auction house is MANDATORY and so is gearing and speccing defensively inSomehow they managed to remove all the fun factor from diablo in this sequel. Finding gear becomes boring as 99.9% of drops are garbage, unlocking new abilities not rewarding because most of the suck. When the game came out the balance was flat out BROKEN in inferno. It still is but nowhere near as much. Using the auction house is MANDATORY and so is gearing and speccing defensively in inferno. Choice? Nope, if you try experiment you'll suck. There is cookie cutter spec and gear and that's the only thing you should ever use because its the only thing that is viable. Classes are imbalanced, Barbarian far outshines the other classes by a large margin, You can spend 500m on a barb and wreck mp10 with ease (the hardest difficulty). Spend the same gold on a monk and you'll barely be able to do mp3, and die a lot. There's just no point in playing anything but a barb. Story is terrible and completely forgettable. Also blizzard are doing their usual thing and promising things and never deliver. They promised pvp, It's STILL not in the game. Some boss mechanics are flat out broken. Like act 2's boss can hit you and kill you in one hit before you can even react. Expand
  100. Aug 6, 2013
    Nice compaign for old diablo-gamer, but.. well... Too simplistic and fast gameplay, too many connections with battlenet. Looking forward for the addon. Hope it will make the game much better than it is now.
  101. Dec 27, 2012
    This game was just really bad. I couldnt feel good about getting any items because people were just buying items with real money. I ruins a game where the main reason to continue to play it is to get better and better gear so that you can make progress end game. I miss having a game where i can work hard to get gear and people cant just buy it with real money. Games: the last frontier wereThis game was just really bad. I couldnt feel good about getting any items because people were just buying items with real money. I ruins a game where the main reason to continue to play it is to get better and better gear so that you can make progress end game. I miss having a game where i can work hard to get gear and people cant just buy it with real money. Games: the last frontier were there were no economic barriers. Now rich people can have everything they want in games as well as in life without working for it. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012